2 1 6 4 2 0 Two one six four two zero
1 9 8 9 one nine eight nine.
And that, little lady, is pi to a thousand places.
妹子 这就是π小数点后一千位数
I'd say I'm sorry I asked,
如果我问了你 那我愿意道歉
Oh, look, it's the Scientific American
这是刊登了我跟莱纳德
that covered the paper Leonard and I wrote.
合写论文的科普杂志《科学美国人》
I have mixed feelings about doing interviews.
其实当时面谈我情绪挺复杂
I like the part where I talk.
我享受我滔滔不绝的时刻
I do not like the part where the other man talks.
但我讨厌对方说话 我得听的时刻
Sheldon, this article doesn't mention Leonard at all.
谢尔顿 这篇文章完全没提到莱纳德
Well, that can't be right.
怎么可能
It only refers to "Dr. Cooper and his team."
里面只写了"库珀博士与其团队"
Did you even talk about him?
你中间有提过他吗
All I did was answer a few questions about the theory.
我就回答了几个跟我们理论有关的问题
And then expressed my gratitude that Scientific American
然后表达了我对《科学美国人》杂志中
doesn't include any of those smelly perfume cards.
并不会附上难闻香水卡片的感激之意
Why? The theory he came up with
哪里可怜了 他想出来的理论
just got mentioned in Scientific American.
被《科学美国人》刊登了呢
He ought to be thrilled.
他应该会爽到飞起来
He might not be.
他很可能不会太爽
Oh, maybe you're right.
可能你说的对
He is kind of a lump.
他这人挺傻的
How would you feel if you were referred to
如果哪天你被人一笔带过 仅被称为
as part of Leonard's team?
"莱纳德博士团队中的一员"
Oh, I'd be incensed.
我会怒火烧尽九重天
So you see what I'm getting at?
那你现在懂我想表达的意思了吗
Squeaky wheel gets the grease?
"会哭的孩子有糖吃"吗
Grass is always greener?
"这山望着那山高"吗
Well, I don't know-- we're all Groot?
我不知道啦 我们全都是格鲁特吗
Leonard is as much a part of this paper as you are,
你们俩对这篇论文做出了同等的贡献
and he was overlooked.
而他却被人忽略了
He's going to feel bad.
他会不开心的
But it wasn't my fault.
但这又不是我的错
I didn't exclude him.
我又没故意不提他
And I didn't write the article.
而且这篇报导也不是我写的
Remember that time you didn't get picked to
还记得你在迪士尼乐园时
pull the sword out of the stone at Disneyland
他们没选你而是选了另一个孩子
and they let that other kid do it?
去拔出石中剑吗
For the record, that kid was a terrible choice.
不得不说 选那孩子真是个烂决定
If you cry when you drop your churro,
如果你糖油条掉地上就会哭
you do not have what it takes to rule England.
你绝对没那个本事去统治英国[亚瑟王]
Thanks for helping us sort through all my mom's stuff.
谢谢你帮忙整理我妈的遗物
I know what it's like
我明白那种
having to go through a loved one's possessions.
整理亲爱的人的遗物的感觉
My uncle was a worshipper of Krishna.
我叔叔曾是黑天神的崇拜者
But after he died, you know what we found?
但在他死后 你猜我们发现了什么
A statue of Shiva.
一尊湿婆的雕像
It may not be Crips and Bloods, okay?
虽然比不上咸党大战甜党
But in India, it's a thing.
但在印度 这也不是小事好吗
Well, it'll be good that you're there.
你在场也挺好的
Howard's been having trouble deciding
霍华德对于判断
what to keep and what to let go.
物件的取舍还挺费劲的
A lot of Ma's stuff brings back fond memories.
很多妈的东西都回忆起许多美好回忆
Is that why you couldn't get rid of
这就是为什么你一直
her drawer full of ketchup packets?
舍不得清掉她塞满番茄酱的抽屉吗
It reminds me of us eating out and her saying,
那让我回忆起跟她一起出去吃饭
"Quick, nobody's looking, fill your pockets with ketchup."
她说"快 没人在看 能拿多少包是多少"
Have you ever noticed
你可曾注意到过
that only my name is on the cable bill?
有线台账单上只有我的名字吗
And your name is on the electric bill
而电费单上只有你的名字
And I'm okay with that.
而我也不介意这事
Actually, your name is on the electric bill.
其实电费单上是你的名字
I don't even know what you're talking about and I agree.
我同意 虽然我都不知道你在说什么
Okay, I have to tell you something,
好吧 我要跟你说件事
but you're not going to like it.
但你听了一定会不高兴
An article was just published
《科学美国人》上
in Scientific American about our theory.
刊登了一篇关于我们理论的文章
No. No, they loved it.
不 是好评
They, uh, couldn't say enough nice things about it.
简直要把我们的理论夸上天了
So what's the problem?
那问题到底在哪
You know how the PennySaver only has my name...
那你知道购物杂志上只有我的名...
They didn't mention you in the article.
文章里没提到你的名字
Let the anger go, buddy.
让怒火随风而去吧 兄弟
you relax all your muscles.
你就放松你全身肌肉
Except for your pubococcygeus and anal sphincter.
除了你的耻尾肌与肛门括约肌
Let's keep those tight.
这两条肌你好好绷紧
Uh, that-that's not necessary.
不需要这样
It is-- they're what hold back the urine and the feces.
当然需要 它们帮你止住尿液与粪便呢
Look, maybe-maybe you shouldn't read it.
我想你还是不要看比较好
It'll only make you feel worse.
看了只会更加不开心
"Cooper and his team"?
"库珀博士与其团队"
You should know I had nothing to do with that.
我完全不知道他们会这么写
At least they're talking about the theory.
至少这文章是关于那理论本身
I mean, that's what's important.
那才是最重要的
You know, you're right.
没错 你说得对
Yeah. You know, it's like when Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
就像当时斯坦·李和史蒂夫·迪特科
created Spider-Man.
创作了蜘蛛侠
Stan Lee may get all the credit,
或许荣誉全归斯坦·李
but Steve Ditko knows he was just as important.
但史蒂夫·迪特科深知他也同样重要
Even though Stan Lee gets to be in all the Marvel movies.
即使斯坦·李客串了所有漫威的超级英雄电影
And-and he's far richer.
比史蒂夫有钱得多
And he's a household name, you know?
而且他的名字家喻户晓
Whereas, you know, you say Ditko,
相反 "迪特科"这个名字
and that sounds like a company that makes Dits.
更像是一个做"迪特"的公司
That's not helping.
这话一点帮助都没有
Well, I'd give more examples,
我本来想多举两个例子
but, well, everyone in your position's so forgettable.
但跟你一样处境的人 名字实在太难记住
Stuart, we're here.
斯图尔特 我们到了
It's nice of you to let him keep staying at your mom's house.
你真好 还让他继续住在你妈妈的房子里
Yeah, well, I tried putting him out on the curb,
是啊 我试过把他扔在前院马路边送人
but nobody took him.
但没人带走他
Just so you know, the power's out.
告诉你们一下 断电了
I called, they said a transformer blew.
我打电话问了 据说是变压器烧了
It's the whole block.
整个街区都没电了
Should be fixed by tomorrow.
应该明天就修好了
Wait, when did it go out?
等等 什么时候没电的
In the middle of the night.
昨晚半夜吧
Howie, what's wrong?
华仔 怎么了
It's all defrosting.
全都解冻了
It's okay. It's just food.
没关系 只是食物而已
It's not just food.
不仅仅只是食物
This is the last food my mother ever made.
这是我妈生前做的最后的食物
This is her last brisket.
这是她最后做的牛胸肉
This is her last meatloaf.
这是她最后做的肉丸
This is her last...
这是她最后做的...
I have no idea what this is, but...
我不知道这是什么 但是...
it's the last one.
这也是最后一顿了
All Ma's food is gonna be ruined.
所有我妈做的食物要坏掉了
Well, why don't we take it home and put it in our freezer?
我们何不把食物都带回家 放进家里冰箱呢
You don't want to do that.
你不会想那样做的
Refreezing not only removes moisture,
二次冷冻不仅会损失水分
but it creates ice crystals in the fibers of the meat
还会在肉的纤维里产生冰晶
that can compromise its taste and texture.
那会影响肉的味道和肉质
What? I saw a teachable moment.
干嘛 我看见一个施教时刻
I dropped some culinary science.
随便教点烹饪学都不行吗
What should we do?
那我们该怎么办
I'll tell you exactly what we're gonna do.
我来告诉你我们该怎么做
There's, like, 20 pounds of food in there.
这里大概有18斤的食物呢
All you said was I had to get rid of things.
你只是说我得把东西处理掉
You didn't say they couldn't pass through my colon first.
可你没说它们不能先经过我的结肠啊
Then how about this?
那不如这样
Let's invite everyone over to dinner.
我们邀请大家来吃晚餐
It'll be like Ma's feeding us one last time.
就像妈最后一次为我们做饭
Oh, look, we've got enough ketchup
瞧 我们有这么多番茄酱
to cover every ounce of it.
足以覆盖每一寸肉
I mean, who even reads Scientific American?
谁会看《科学美国人》这种杂志啊
It's kind of a big deal.
这本杂志名气挺大的
If it's such a big deal, how come the biggest celebrity
如果它这么有名气 那怎么请来拍封面的
they could get for the cover is a molecule?
超超大牌却是一个小小分子呢
Can we please just stop talking about it?
我们能不能不说这个话题了
I'm sorry. What can I do?
抱歉 那我能做点什么吗
Nothing, I'm fine.
不必了 我没事
No, no. I'm gonna cheer you up.
不不 我要让你开心起来
I am taking you shopping.
我要带你去购物
My baby is sad, and I'm gonna make him happy again.
我的宝贝不开心 我要让他开心起来
Look, I know shopping cheers you up,
我知道购物能让你开心
but it's just not really my thing.
但我对这个真的不感兴趣
Well, what about this helicopter
那这台直升飞机怎么样
you control with an iPad?
你可以通过iPad控制哦
Does it have a camera in it?
里面有摄像头吗
It does have a camera in it.
里面有摄像头哦
Baby's listening.
宝贝表示感兴趣
Leonard? Leonard?
莱纳德 莱纳德
I spoke to the reporter at the magazine.
我跟杂志社的记者谈过了
What happened? Did you tell him it was my idea?
然后呢 你告诉他那是我的点子了吗
Thank you. What did he say?
谢谢 那他怎么说
He said they made the editorial decision
他说编辑部最终决定
to only cite the lead scientist.
只登出主导科学家
Why did he think you're the lead scientist?
他为什么会认为你才是主导科学家
You know, for an extra four bucks,
对了 多花四块钱
I can have this thing here tomorrow.
明天直升机就送到家了哦
Well, I know it was your idea,
我知道那是你的点子
but the reporter said he's been following my work for a while,
但那个记者说他关注我的研究有一段时间了
and the only reason they even mentioned it in the magazine
他们杂志刊登那篇文章的唯一理由
is 'cause my name is on it.
就是因为我的名字在上面
You know what? I did it. What's four bucks?
算了 我买了 四块钱而已
If you're trying to make me feel better,
如果你的目的是想让我好过点
Well... then what if I told you
好吧 那如果我告诉你
that I added your name to the cable bill?
我在有线电视账单上加了你的名字呢
That's just as well. They had me on hold for 20 minutes
反正也没加上 他们在电话里让我等了20分钟
and I hung up. I...
我就挂了 我...
Leonard? Leonard?
莱纳德 莱纳德
Also, Wolowitz invited us all to dinner, so...
沃罗威茨邀请我们一起去吃饭 所以
I'm ready whenever you are.
你准备好了我们就出发
All he had was an idea.
他不就出了个点子吗
Well, that is an important part.
点子也是很重要的啊
I have ideas all day long.
我脑子里天天都有新点子
Reverse SeaWorld where dolphins are allowed to pet people.
反转海洋公园 里面的海豚可以摸摸人类
A new clothing size between medium and large called Marge.
添加一个新尺寸 在中号和大号间加入中大号
Snow White retold from the point of view of Sneezy.
从小矮人中喷嚏精的角度重述《白雪公主》
Why won't Doc prescribe him something?
为什么万事通从不给他开药治喷嚏呢
七个小矮人分别叫万事通 害羞鬼 瞌睡虫喷嚏精 开心果 迷糊鬼 爱生气
We finally find out.
我们总算可以知道了
But Leonard's idea was good.
可莱纳德的点子真的不错啊
Fine. Then Grumpy-- what's he so grumpy about?
那就从爱生气的角度吧 他到底气什么呢
Maybe his girlfriend won't take his side.
也许是气他女朋友胳膊肘往外拐吧
I'm the one who thought of it!
我才是提出点子的那个人
Well, didn't he do a lot of the work?
可是很多部分不也都是他完成的吗
But now he's happy to let people think
但他现在沉醉于让别人以为
he's responsible for everything.
一切都是他的功劳
And that's why you get an iPad helicopter!
所以你才能得到平板遥控直升机嘛
Is it my fault I have a much bigger reputation than he does?
名气比他大难道是我的错吗
It's not your fault.
不是你的错
Is it my fault that my name came first
论文上我的名字按字母顺序排在他前面
on the paper alphabetically?
这也是我的错吗
Is it my fault that when the reporter cited me
记者把我记为主导科学家我没有纠正他
as the lead scientist I didn't correct him?
这也是我的错吗
Hey, look at that pretty bird.
快看那只漂亮的小鸟
He always needs all the attention.
他总是需要成为众人的焦点
I swear, he is never ever playing with my helicopter.
我发誓 我的直升机永远不让他玩
Okay, I'll start heating some of this stuff up.
我要开始加热这些东西了
This is the boutonniere from my high school prom...
这是我高中毕业舞会戴的襟花
...A piece of cake from my Bar Mitzvah.
还有我犹太成年礼上剩的一块蛋糕
Did she throw anything away?
她真是什么都舍不得扔啊
If I find my foreskin, I'm gonna kill myself.
要是我的包皮也在里面 我立马自尽
Okay, so we've got, um,
我们现在找到了
three briskets, four meatloafs, one lasagna...
3块鸡胸肉 4坨烘肉卷 1份千层面
No, that's noodle kugel.
不 那是鸡蛋面条
One Jewish lasagna...
1份犹太千层面
...two pound cakes that are about eight pounds each,
2份各重达8磅的磅蛋糕
and one giant container of matzah ball soup.
还有一大盒的面丸子汤
Ma always kept it on hand,
妈妈总是备好丸子汤
in case I got sick.
以防我生病了
She thought she could cure anything with her cooking.
她觉得她的菜包治百病
Even the time I got food poisoning.
甚至连食物中毒也能治
From her cooking.
其实就是她的菜害我中毒
I'm never gonna talk to her again.
我以后再也没机会和她说话了
Should we tell everyone not to come?
要不我让大家今天别来了
No. I want to do this.
不 我想要办这次聚餐
Okay. Well, I'll keep it together if you can.
好吧 我们都要坚强点
I'm not making any promises!
人家可不保证哦
Glad you guys could make it.
你们能来真是太好了
Wow, it looks really pretty in here.
这里看起来好漂亮啊
Yeah, turns out half a dozen menorahs really sets a mood.
是的 6盏犹太烛台还挺能烘托气氛的
So, Stuart, have you thought about what you'd do
斯图尔特 如果霍华德卖掉了这房子
if Howard sells the house?
你要怎么办呢
And there goes the mood.
气氛立马灰飞烟灭
Oh, and a special hello to Leonard,
还要特别向莱纳德问声好
who needs to be mentioned by name.
因为他特别需要被提到名字
But you got it, right?
但你懂我意思 对吧
I just want everyone to know,
我只想让你们知道
uh, tonight's not a sad occasion.
今晚不是一个悲伤的场合
Yeah, we just want to have the kind of dinner
我们只是想重温一次
that we've all had here so many times before.
大家都在这吃过无数回的晚餐
Good food, good friends, and sometime around midnight,
一桌好菜 一群好友 以及半夜时
heartburn that makes you pray for death.
令你抓心挠肺的胃灼热感
Do you need any help in the kitchen?
需要去厨房帮你吗
No, we got it. You guys make yourselves comfortable.
不用 你们自己随意就好
All right, hey, you two, we're here for Howard right now, okay?
你俩记住今晚的主角是霍华德好吗
Yes, so please behave yourselves.
对啊 表现乖一点
- Fine. - Of course.
-好吧 -没问题
So I heard you two, uh, wrote a paper together.
我听说你俩一起写了一篇论文啊
This food is amazing.
这些菜太好吃了
Mm, and not a vegetable in sight.
而且一点蔬菜也没有
We've got tomatoes right here.
这里有好多"番茄"呢
All these bright people sitting around a table by candlelight.
一群聪明人围着烛光坐成一圈
Feels like we could be an 18th century French salon.
感觉仿佛回到了18世纪的法国沙龙
Penny, a salon is a gathering
佩妮 沙龙是指
where intellectuals entertained each other
知识分子们围在一起
with sparkling conversations about issues of the day.
讨论时下最新的事件
Oh, so it's like The View.
所以就跟《访谈》节目一样嘛
Sheldon, The View is a daytime talk show hosted by women.
谢尔顿 《访谈》是一档女性主持的日间节目
It features Whoopi Goldberg.
里面有琥碧·戈博
She played Guinan on Star Trek: Next Gen.
她在《星际迷航·下一代》中扮演了吉南
Penny, Next Gen refers to
佩妮 《下一代》是指
- Star Trek... - Shut up.
-星际迷航的... -闭嘴
I would like to propose a salon topic.
我愿意提一个沙龙话题
Ooh, please do, Rajesh.
愿听其详 拉杰什
The lead in The Hunger Games is a woman.
《饥饿游戏》的主角是女人
Marvel has made "Tor" a female.
漫威也将"托儿"改成了女性
You know, Tor, the God of "Tunder."
你懂的吧 托儿 "雷神"啊
As I was saying, is this a sign
综上所述 这是标志着
that our society is approaching gender equality?
我们的社会逐步走向性别平等
Certainly a lot more women are reading comic books now.
现在很多女性也爱看漫画了
At the store, I had to put a seat on the toilet.
我还得为店里厕所装上个马桶坐垫
We won't know if there's equality
在女索尔生孩子后
until female Thor has a baby
而其他复仇者们不介意
and the Avengers are cool with her pumping breast milk at work.
她在工作场所挤母乳之前 性别平等还很难说
I wonder if only a baby who is worthy
我在想什么样的孩子才有资格
can suckle at the bosom of Thor.
能吸雷神的奶子
Okay, new salon topic.
新沙龙话题
Salons-- dumb thing from a long time ago
沙龙 是从很久以前就这么蠢
or interesting thing made dumb by talking about superheroes?
还是本来挺好的 讨论起超级英雄才变蠢的
I don't believe it matters what the topic is.
我觉得沙龙的话题并不重要
What's crucial for a salon
沙龙重要的是
is that we conduct the discussion
我们可以将讨论
in an elevated and insightful way.
变得生动且有见解
It's all about the execution.
重点在于如何执行
Of course you'd focus on that rather than the inspiration.
你当然注重执行 而不是注重灵感
Uh, new salon topic.
新沙龙话题
What's more important, an idea or its execution?
点子和执行力哪个更为重要
Yeah, good for you, Leonard.
说得不错 莱纳德
That's a lovely little notion.
这个观点很有趣
"I wish I could talk to my uncle in Chicago."
"我非常想跟我在芝加哥的舅舅通话"
Yeah, now stand back while I invent the telephone.
行 先闪边 我发明电话去
"Hello? Oh, hold on."
"您好 请稍等"
Leonard, it's your uncle.
莱纳德 是你舅
He says you just got burned.
他说你炸了
We're all adults trying to have an intelligent discussion.
我们都是成人 正在进行知识上的探讨
Howard, what do you think?
霍华德你觉得呢
Well, I guess, as an engineer,
我作为一名工程师
lean towards execution.
我的答案倾向于执行
I spend my days trying to take
我的工作就是将点子
ideas and make them real.
变成为真实的东西
Well said, old chap.
说的好 老兄
I thought eloquence had died; here it stands before us.
谁说世人再无雄辩 我们面前不就是吗
Starting today, it'll go: Gettysburg Address,
从今天开始 刚才那段话与葛底斯堡演说
葛底斯堡演说是美国林肯总统最伟大与著名的演说《我有一个梦想》则是马丁·路德·金最著名的一场演说
"I have a dream" and what you just said.
还有《我有一个梦想》齐名
Oh, now he's a genius?
现在他就是天才啦
All you ever do is make fun of him and engineering.
你以前不是一直嘲笑他是工程师吗
Leonard, please. His mother just died.
莱纳德 注意点 人家才刚刚丧母
You're being ridiculous.
你真是要笑死人
Guys, if I wanted to hear people be bitchy,
同志们 如果要听撕逼
I'd go to my real salon.
我就去我的美发沙龙了
Leonard, lots of people could've had that idea,
莱纳德 很多人都可以有过那点子
but very few people could've worked out the math the way I did.
但只有少数人能像我一样去实现它
Lots of people also didn't have that idea,
还有很多人提不出这样的点子呢
like everyone in the entire world except for me.
比如除了我以外的全世界
Oh, well, apparently Leonard thinks
看来莱纳德觉得自己
he's better than everyone in the whole world,
比全世界所有人都强
including those fighting for our freedom.
包括为我们的自由而战的人们
Yeah, well, I don't know about you,
我不知道你怎么想的
but I support our boys overseas.
但我支持我国在海外的英雄们
Hey, you already ruined Thor; give it a rest.
你已经把雷神毁了 歇会吧你
So I'm just supposed to be okay
所以我就活该忍受
with you hogging all the credit?!
你把功劳都霸占了
I didn't hog anything.
我什么都没霸占
Unlike you and that weird lasagna with raisins in it.
不像你 霸占着那坨有葡萄干的千层面
You want some of this?
你想要吗
I'll give you some.
我赏你一顿饱啊
Sheldon, Leonard, living room, right now!
谢尔顿 莱纳德 马上给我去客厅
She said my name first; that must kill you.
她先叫的我 你嫉妒死了吧
I don't know what you think you're doing,
我不知道你俩是要闹哪样
but this is a very difficult time for my husband!
但我老公现在可是很难过
We're eating the last food his mother ever made,
我们吃的是他老妈最后做的食物
and you were gonna throw it at each other like children?!
你们俩还想学熊孩子 把饭拿起来乱扔吗
Whatever it is you're fighting about, put it aside,
不管你俩吵什么玩意 给我憋回去
go back in there and be a good friend to Howard
滚回桌子乖乖当好霍华德的朋友
or there's no dessert for either of you!
不然甜点没你俩的份
Look at me when I'm talking to you!
我在跟你们说话呢 看着我
You guys ever notice sometimes
你们注意到
Bernadette sounds like my mom?
有时候博纳黛特和我妈说话有点像吗
I don't think I've eaten that much in my entire life.
我这辈子没吃过这么撑
It's why my people wandered the desert for 40 years.
所以我们族人在沙漠里暴走了四十年
犹太人祖先出走埃及后曾在沙漠度过40年的漂泊帐篷生活
Took that long to walk it off.
才能把肚子里的东西消化掉
You see, Penny, the Israelites were in the desert...
佩妮 是这样的 以色列人在沙漠中...
So glad you two are done fighting.
太高兴你俩不吵了
Right now, I'm just trying to burp without throwing up.
现在我只想怎么把嗝打出来才不会吐
Physics Today mentioned the paper.
《今日物理》提到了我们的论文
Who cares? Did they mention Leonard?
谁在乎 他们提莱纳德了吗
Good news, I found more Tums.
好消息 我又找到抗胃酸片了