Previously on The Big Bang Theory...
《生活大爆炸》前情提要
We just published a few months ago.
我们几个月前才发表的论文
How did you have time to design an experiment?
你们怎么这么快就设计出实验了
This whole thing is actually a gigantic accident.
整件事其实是巨大的意外
You weren't even thinking about super-asymmetry?
你们当时都没想着超不对称性吗
We don't even understand it.
我们连那是什么都不知道
Uh, can you believe this?
你们能相信吗
Doctors Pemberton and Campbell have been doing
彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士出席了很多媒体见面会
a press tour trying to take credit for super-asymmetry.
想把超不对称性的荣誉据为己有
So what? I mean, no one's gonna give them credit
那又如何 没人会因为他们意外发现了什么
for accidentally discovering something.
而给予他们肯定
Yeah, who remembers the guy
是啊 谁记得
who was trying to find India and discovered America instead?
本来想找印度 结果发现了美洲大陆的人呢
What was his name again?
他叫什么来着[哥伦布]
Now stop trying to steal our Nobel Prize.
你们休想偷走我们的诺贝尔奖
You come up with your own idea.
你们自己提出自己的理论
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
那是不可能的
Have a seat, thanks for being here.
请坐 感谢你们的到来
I feel the same way about you.
我也很喜欢你们
All my friends hanging out, watching Ellen.
与所有好朋友们齐聚一堂 一起看《艾伦秀》
It's like, what am I gonna do with my other two wishes?
我都不知道该拿我另外两个愿望怎么办了
It's not nice. She's having on the scientists
好个头啦 她的节目
who are trying to steal our Nobel Prize.
请了想偷走我们诺贝尔奖的人去上
Although I will enjoy watching her expose Pemberton and Campbell
不过我应该会挺享受她揭露他们两个
for the coattail-riding frauds that they are.
只不过是拾人牙慧的骗子罢了
That is Ellen's brand, gotcha journalism.
是是是 揭露弊案可是艾伦的招牌呢
Yeah, you should've seen her take down
你应该看看上周她凶残地
John Krasinski last week.
拷问演员约翰·卡拉辛斯基
Got him to admit he loved his wife. It was brutal.
让他在电视上承认深爱自己老婆 太血淋淋了
All right, our next guests
好啦 我们接下来的来宾
are a couple of physicists-- don't turn the channel.
是两位物理学家 先别转台
They've been doing some viral videos online
他们最近在网上制作几支热门视频
about what it's like to be in the running for a Nobel Prize.
让大家知道角逐诺贝尔奖的过程是如何的
Please welcome Doctors Greg Pemberton
请欢迎格雷戈·彭伯顿博士
and Kevin Campbell.
以及凯文·坎贝尔博士
Why does she even want to have scientists on?
她为什么会想要请物理学家上节目啊
Uh, silly question. Who else will give her audience
什么傻问题 不然还有谁能给
causal explanations of natural phenomena?
她的观众解释自然现象的因果呢
I love you, honey, but think.
亲爱的 我爱你 但用脑嘛
So you guys have discovered
所以你们两位发现了
something pretty amazing in the universe.
一些挺厉害的宇宙事物
Obviously, I understand, uh, high-level physics
不用说也知道我懂这些高等物理学
because I'm a comedian, but...
毕竟我是个说单口喜剧的 但...
...can you explain it to the audience?
能请你们解释给观众听吗
Well, I don't know, I'm not sure we're even smart enough
我说不准 我都不知道我们自己够不够聪明
to understand it.
来理解这件事情
Look, look, the audience is laughing at them. It's starting.
你看你看 观众都在笑他 开始出现效果了
I hate to say it, Sheldon, but I think the audience likes them.
谢尔顿 我很不想说出这话 但观众喜欢他们
Well, that will all change when Ellen asks them
他们的观点马上会改变 等艾伦问他们
how super-asymmetry explains the cosmological excess of matter
超不对称性怎么解释了为什么
over anti-matter and they panic,
物质超过了反物质 他们就会手足无措
like Leonard trying to do a pull-up.
像莱纳德试图做引体向上时一样
Hey, what'd I do?
为什么说我 我做什么了
Not a pull-up.
反正一下引体向上都没做成
People have been loving your videos,
观众们很喜欢你们的影片
especially the-the songs that you've been posting.
尤其是你们在上传的那些歌
- Oh, thanks. - Thank you.
-谢谢 -谢谢
Uh, this may be pushing it, but I have to ask.
这可能有点强人所难 但我还是要问
Would you mind singing one of those for us right now?
你们愿意现在为我们现场唱一首吗
- Oh, why not? - All right.
-好啦好啦 -来吧
Come on, Ellen, they're right there. Go for the jugular.
拜托 艾伦 猎物就在面前 咬开他们颈动脉
♪ Let's get physicist, physicist ♪
♪ 我想要物理学家 物理学家 ♪
改编自80年代知名歌曲《Physical 肉体》[物理]
♪ I want to get physicist ♪
♪ 我想进入物理学家 ♪
♪ Let's get into physicist ♪
♪ 进入物理学家吧 ♪
♪ Let me hear your boson talk ♪
♪ 让我听到你玻色子的声音 ♪
♪ Let me hear your boson talk... ♪
♪ 让我听到你玻色子的声音 ♪
♪ Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state ♪
♪ Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait! ♪
♪ The Earth began to cool
♪ The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools ♪
♪ We built the Wall, We built the pyramids♪
♪ Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery ♪
♪ That all started with a big bang ♪
Doctors Pemberton and Campbell.
彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士
I am not your buddy.
我才不是你兄弟
- What's wrong? - I'll tell you what's wrong.
-有问题吗 -我告诉你哪里有问题
You went on TV and were charming.
你们上电视了 还很讨喜
Thanks, man. That's what my mom said.
谢了兄弟 我妈也这么说
W-Why don't you come in
要不要先进来坐
- and have some parfait? - Yeah,
-然后吃一点芭菲 -对啊
we ordered it from room service; it cost, like, 12 bucks.
我们客房服务叫的 一份要12块呢
It's just yogurt in a glass.
就是用杯子装的酸奶罢了
I don't want your yogurt.
我才不要吃你们的酸奶
Then what do you want?
那你想要什么
I want you to hold a press conference
我想要你们开一场记者会
where you admit that you blindly stumbled into super-asymmetry
承认瞎猫碰到死耗子 蹭到我们的超不对称性
and it was really our discovery.
这其实是我们的发现
You know, just because we proved something by accident
虽然我们是意外证明了某个东西
doesn't mean we didn't prove it.
但这并不代表我们没有证明它啊
Yeah, I wasn't trying to prove that my wife was cheating on me
我当时也没想证明我老婆偷汉子啊
when I came home early one Friday,
结果某个周五回家早了
but I'm still sleeping on his couch.
你看我到现在还睡在他家沙发上
I told you, you can do better than her.
我跟你说了 你值得拥有更好的人
Thanks. It just hurts.
谢谢 但心还是好伤
And when you win that Nobel Prize, she's gonna realize
等你赢了诺贝尔奖 她就会意识到
that she was wrong, you are not a fraud.
自己是错的 你才不是什么骗子
Wow, I can't believe you're siding with Linda.
真不敢相信你居然站琳达的队
Look at this. They posted another video.
看看 他们又上传了新影片
It's not even about science.
连跟科学沾边都没有
They're on a celebrity bus tour.
他们去坐了名人豪宅游览车
Those are fun. I-I went on one
那个很有趣呢 我也坐过一次
and saw Tom Hanks talking to his gardener.
看到大明星汤姆·汉克斯跟他的园丁在说话
He's even nice when you plant the wrong color azaleas.
他园丁种错了杜鹃花的颜色 他都还是好和善
Those guys are good at self-promoting, so what?
他们俩很会自吹自擂 那又如何
No one ever won a Nobel for being nice.
又没有人是因为人好而得了诺贝尔奖
Yeah, but if they did,
但如果人好可以得奖
do you know who would win one?
你知道谁会赢奖吗
Are you gonna say Tom Hanks?
你要说汤姆·汉克斯吗
He picked up a shovel and helped the guy replant.
他捡起了一把铲子 陪园丁一起重新种呢
there you are. I just wanted to tell you not to worry
找到你了 我想告诉你不用担心
about this Pemberton and Campbell publicity blitz.
彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士的网络造势战
Not even a little bit.
一点都不紧张呢
Look, I-it doesn't matter if they have popular support,
听我说 大众支不支持他们根本无所谓
we're gonna get the scientific community behind us.
我们有科学界的支持就行了
He's right, the Nobel Prize is about the work,
对啊 诺贝尔奖重点在于成果
and as your fellow scientists, we support you and Amy.
身为科学界的人士 我支持你与艾米
That's great, Scooby Gang.
很棒棒哦 史酷比帮
Now, the university is gonna host
大学打算为你跟福勒博士
a reception for you and Dr. Fowler
举办一场招待会
where we invite as many academic luminaries as we can,
我们会尽力邀请学界的杰出人士参加
uh, give them a chance to meet you, hear about your work.
给他们个机会跟你们见面 聊研究成果
Uh, that's a great idea.
这是个很棒的主意啊
Uh, yeah. Who needs to be likable
谁需要被人喜爱呢
when you have Nobel Laureates campaigning for you?
有诺贝尔获奖者团帮忙角逐才是最强的
Oh, yeah-- wait a minute.
对... 等一下
Do you not think we're likable?
你难道不觉得我们讨喜吗
That's what's great about you,
你这点很棒
you never stop asking the tough questions.
你永远不会不敢问刁钻的问题
Hey. Kids asleep?
孩子们睡着了吗
Nope. I've been trying to get them down for hours.
没呢 我试着哄他们睡觉几个小时了
Apparently, Halley's afraid of the dark now
貌似哈雷现在怕黑了
and I can't turn on the night-light
但我也不能开夜灯
'cause it makes Michael cry.
因为那会害麦克哭
Why doesn't he like the night-light?
他为什么不喜欢夜灯
Jot that down, we can ask him as soon as he learns to speak.
你先记下来 等他会说话了我们去问他
We can also find out what's so damn funny about birds.
还能顺便问问鸟是他妈哪里好笑了
I'll go talk to her.
我去跟她谈谈
I don't know why she's suddenly so afraid of everything.
我都不知道她怎么突然就什么东西都怕
Honey, remember, she's my child, too.
亲爱的 别忘了 她也是我的种啊
I heard you were afraid of the dark.
我听说你怕黑啊
I know someone else who was afraid of the dark once.
我知道还有一个人以前也怕黑呢
Your daddy, when he was in space.
就是你爸爸 那时候他在太空里
And just like you, I was wearing a full diaper.
而且我当时也跟你一样穿着大尿布呢
They're inviting several Nobel Laureates to our reception.
大学邀请了好几个诺贝尔得主来参加招待会
Oh, great, like who?
太好了 都有谁
Well, I may have been less than kind to him
他当年得诺奖时
about his Nobel Prize win.
我对他可不算友好
I was jealous, angry and new to Twitter.
我当时妒火中烧 又是个推特新手
It was a dangerous combination.
两者相加的结果非常危险
Okay, so scratch Kobayashi.
那就划去小林吧
George Smoot's on here.
还有乔治·斯穆特呢
We have a history.
我们也有一段过节
What about Kip Thorne?
那基普·索恩呢
That was a misunderstanding.
他那件事纯属误会
I didn't know he was right behind me.
我不知道他当时人就在我背后
So you've alienated everyone we need to help us?
所以你和每个可以帮助我们的人都有矛盾
Well, Amy, if I had known that someday we'd need them,
艾米 如果我预知有一天会需要他们的帮助
I would never have insulted them.
我绝对不会去惹毛他们
Well, that doesn't make it better.
你说这话一点用也没有呀
Well, it's also not true.
而且这也不是我的真心话
Did Halley draw that at preschool?
是哈雷在托儿所画的吗
It's supposed to be an astronaut.
我本来是想画个宇航员
And I'm supposed to be living on my own at this age,
我本来到这个年纪也该自己独立生活了啊
Halley was scared and Howard told her the sweetest story
哈雷怕黑 霍华德讲了个关于他在太空时的
about when he was in space and I thought I could turn it
温馨故事 我想我可以把这个故事
into a book for her and Michael.
画成本书送给她和麦克
Oh, well, I mean, I am an artist.
我是个艺术家
Uh, I-if you want, I could do the drawings.
如果你愿意的话 我可以帮你画
Really? That'd be amazing.
真的吗 太好了
Yeah, it'd be fun. And a,
这会很有趣的 同时
a nice change of pace from what I usually draw.
也可以从我平时的作品中换个风格
What do you usually draw?
你平时都画什么呀
- Someone texting you? - Uh, no,
-有人发短信给你吗 -不
I just met my exercise goal for the day.
我只是完成了今天的锻炼计划
By doing the dishes?
洗个盘子就达标了吧
Hey, you have your goals, I have mine.
你有你的目标 我也有我的
- Hello. - What are you two doing?
-你们好 -你们俩在干什么呢
Mm, just finishing a workout.
刚锻炼完
Do you have any cookie dough?
你们家有曲奇面团吗
Uh, I think so. Let me see.
好像有 让我找找看
Yeah, we've got, uh, chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin.
我们有巧克力豆和燕麦葡萄干口味的
I know at least two things wrong with that cookie.
我至少能指出这种曲奇的两个错误了
It's for the Nobel Laureates.
这是要送给诺贝尔奖得主的
We need them on our side, but unfortunately, Sheldon...
我们需要他们的支持 只可惜 谢尔顿...
No. "Unfortunately, Sheldon..." that's all you got to say.
打住 "只可惜 谢尔顿"这句话已经不言自喻了
Well, that's-- so you need these people's support
你需要别人的支持
and you're sending them baked goods?
所以你要给他们送点心吗
Yeah, they're pretty smart.
他们这么聪明
Don't you think they're gonna realize it's just a bribe?
你不觉得他们会发现这是在行贿吗
No, you'd think, but sometimes brilliant people
不 你以为会被看破 可有时候
can be painfully oblivious to social cues.
聪明人的社交技能白痴到令人发指的地步
Thank you for pointing that out, Sheldon.
谢谢你指出这一点 谢尔顿
"Sheldon Cooper"? Hmm.
"谢尔顿·库珀"
"Sheldon Cooper"?
"谢尔顿·库珀"
"Sheldon Cooper." Aw.
"谢尔顿·库珀"
Ugh, oatmeal raisin?
恶心 燕麦葡萄干
Oh, it's from Saul Perlmutter.
是萨尔·波尔马特发来的
He sent me a picture.
他发给我一张图片
Oh, he arranged the cookies to spell out "Thank you."
他用这些饼干拼出了"谢你"
Sheldon, that word isn't "Thank."
谢尔顿 那个艹字头的字不是"谢"
Hi. I got you a surprise.
我有个惊喜给你
What-- Oh. What's the occasion?
今天这是什么好日子啊
I heard you tell Halley that story the other night,
我听到你给哈雷讲的故事
and I thought it was so sweet
我觉得太温馨了
that Stuart and I turned it into a book.
所以斯图尔特和我把它做成了一本书
The Frightened Little Astronaut?
《瑟瑟发抖的小宇航员》
That looks just like you.
这画的就是你呀
Look how tiny and scared you look.
看看你那副胆小如鸡的样子
And the best part is,
最棒的地方是
Stuart showed it to a publisher friend of his,
斯图尔特把它拿给一个出版界的朋友看了
and they're interested in it.
他们很感兴趣
- That is so cool. - Absolutely not.
-这太酷了 -才怪
Because I don't want the whole world to know
因为我不想让全世界都知道
I was the frightened little astronaut!
我就是那个瑟瑟发抖的小宇航员
Maybe you should've called it The Bitchy Little Astronaut.
也许你应该改名叫《贱脾气的小宇航员》
You want to tell me what's going on?
你想和我聊聊吗
Is my distress that obvious?
我的痛苦有那么明显吗
Sheldon, please don't take this the wrong way,
谢尔顿 你不要误会
but when you're quiet even for a second,
但如果你沉默了哪怕一秒
something's wrong.
肯定哪里出了问题
The fact is, I feel really bad for Amy.
事实上 我觉得艾米好惨
Well, we all do.
我们也都觉得她惨
But just for fun, why do you?
我好奇问下 你是出于什么理由
Well, she didn't do anything wrong,
她什么事都没做错
but she's paying for my mistakes.
但她却在为我的错误买单
No-- I'm just honestly impressed.
不 我只是被你感动了
When did you start caring about other people's feelings?
你什么时候开始关心别人的感受了
Well, I laughed when Amy got a shock from
上次艾米被坏掉的圣诞树彩灯电到时
the broken Christmas tree lights, so it was after that.
我还哈哈大笑 所以应该是在那之后的事吧
So none of them are coming to the reception?
所以他们都不出席招待会吗
Okay, what did he say that was so insulting?
他到底说了什么伤人的话
Well, he may have suggested there was
他也许指出了斯穆特的
an inelegance to the quadrupole normalization of Smoot's data.
四极正常化数据中有一个不好的地方
See, sometimes I wish I could invent a time machine,
有时候我真希望自己能造出一个时光机
so I could go back and prevent myself
这样我就可以回到过去
from acting so rashly.
阻止自己不要冲动
Or moving forward, you could think before you speak.
或者是汲取教训 以后说话之前先过过脑子
But the time machine thing is probably more likely.
但我看时光机还比较有可能实现
My problem is that I don't always know
可是我有时候无法意识到
when I've gone too far.
我已经太出格了
Well, uh, if you like, I could try to help you out.
如果你愿意的话 我可以帮你
You know, and maybe let you know if you're crossing a line.
让你知道你已经越界了
Oh, you mean, like, with a code word?
你是指 约定一个暗号吗
Sure. How's "Shut up"?
好呀 闭嘴这个词如何
That's perfect. People say it to me all the time,
很好 大家经常都叫我闭嘴
no one will suspect.
没人会听出来的
- Hey, got a minute? - Sure. What's up?
-你有空吗 -有空 怎么了
Uh, Bernadette said
伯纳黛特说
you weren't crazy about the book.
你不喜欢这本书
I just don't want anyone to ever see it
我只是不想让任何人看到
or read it or know it exists.
阅读或知道这本书的存在
But this could be really good for me,
但这本书说不定会对我有帮助
you know? Finally get my artwork published.
你懂吗 终于可以出版我的美术作品
And-and come on, it's a, it's a cute story.
而且 这真的是一本可爱的书
Oh, easy for you to say.
你说得轻巧
No one's gonna think you're a coward.
没人会觉得你是个懦夫
Are you kidding? The other day
你开玩笑吧 前几天
in the comic book store, a balloon popped and I threw up.
漫画书店里一个气球爆炸了 我吓吐了
Can't you just take my name off it?
你就不能把我的名字去掉吗
No, uh, the only reason the publisher's interested
不能 出版商感兴趣的唯一原因就是
is 'cause a real astronaut wrote it.
这书是一个真实的宇航员写的
Well, look, what if we made a few changes?
如果我们稍微改动一下呢
- What-what do you have in mind? - Well, nothing major.
-你有什么想法 -也不是什么大改变
But see here on the cover, where it says
你看看封面 上面写着
frightened little, what if... I don't know
"瑟瑟发抖的小" 要是就写 比如说
It didn't say that.
就不写这几个字
So, it would just be The Astronaut?
那就只是《宇航员》了
Yeah, you're right. That doesn't quite pop.
你说得对 这样就不吸引人了
What about... The Brave Astronaut?
那就改成...《勇敢的宇航员》
See, that's got some zip to it!
看 这个名字就非常不错啊
And here on this page, where I'm crying.
还有这一页 画着哭泣的我
What if, instead, I'm... punching a meteor
不如改成 我在赤手空拳
into the sun with my bare fists?
把一颗流星爆锤到太阳上
So you have superpowers?
所以你有超能力了
I like the way you're thinking.
你这个主意我喜欢
Uh, you know my wife, Penny.
你认识我妻子的 佩妮
- Sure. Hi. - Hi.
-当然 你好 -你好
Uh, we wanted to talk to you about Dr. Cooper.
我们想跟你谈谈库珀博士
Now, before you say no...
在你说不之前
Well, then, after you say no.
那在你说不之后
Okay, look, Sheldon's a pain in the ass.
听我说 谢尔顿很讨人厌
But Dr. Fowler's really nice.
但福勒博士人很好啊
So if you average them out-- math...
所以如果你取他俩平均值 数学
...you got someone who's okay.
就得出一个还行的人
But more than the person, the Nobel is about the work.
但诺贝尔奖比起为人 更注重研究成果
You should understand that more than anyone.
你应该比任何人都明白这一点
Yes, because of your work on gravitational waves.
没错 因为你对引力波的研究
You know my work?
你了解我的研究
I do. But I'm-I'm really hogging this conversation.
当然 但我说个不停 其他人说不上话了
Just give them a chance.
给他们次机会吧
Uh, science has a history of difficult people.
科学史上有很多难搞的人
Look at, uh, Newton, who was a jerk to Leibniz,
比如牛顿对莱布尼茨就很混蛋
两人曾争夺"微积分之父"名号彼时牛顿打压势单力薄的莱布尼茨
and Leibniz, who was a jerk to everyone.
而莱布尼茨 对所有人都很混蛋
Yeah, you know, and I don't need to tell you
是啊 而且不用我说你也知道
that gravitational waves are disturbances in the curvature of space-time.
引力波是时空弯曲中的涟漪
Or that the-- Hey, you worked on the movie Interstellar?
又或是... 你居然参与制作了电影《星际穿越》
So what do you think?
你觉得怎么样
I think if you were in space
我觉得如果你到太空
without a shirt on, you'd die.
不穿衣服 你就会死翘翘
No, I am wearing a shirt.
不 我有穿衣服
It's just skintight, so you can see my pecs.
不过是紧身衣 所以你能看见我的胸肌
When did you get pecs?
你何时长的胸肌
Yesterday, when I made Stuart add them.
昨天 在我叫斯图尔特加上去后就有了
Howie, what I liked about the other story
华仔 我喜欢另一个故事
was that it was real.
是因为它很真实
I mean, nothing in this actually happened to you.
但这个故事完全没发生过在你身上
So, it's a children's book.
那又怎样 这是给孩子看的
I mean, cats don't wear hats.
猫咪也不会真的戴帽子啊
And if someone gives you green eggs,
如果有人给你发绿的鸡蛋
it ends with you on the toilet trying to make a deal with God.
你只会坐在马桶上狂拉 求上帝跟你做交易
But the real story was so sweet.
但那个真实的故事很动人
The little astronaut was afraid,
小宇航员内心很害怕
but he still went to space, and that's what made him brave.
但他仍然上了太空 所以他才是勇敢的人
But in space, the other astronauts...
但在太空 其他宇航员...
made fun of him, and that's a thing he doesn't want to relive.
取笑他 他不想再重温那种经历了
I guess it would just take a really brave man
看来需要一个非常勇敢的人
to put an embarrassing story like that out into the world,
把像这样的尴尬故事分享给世人
just so it might help some frightened children
才能让内心有恐惧的孩子
not feel so alone.
感到自己没那么孤单
Wow. That is quite the guilt trip.
你真会让人产生罪恶感啊
Are you sure you're not Jewish?
你确定你不是犹太人吗
I'm just a wife that is so proud of her husband,
我只是个很为自己丈夫骄傲的妻子
and doesn't think that he has anything
而且我不认为他有什么
to be embarrassed about.
好感到尴尬的
You're sounding less and less Jewish.
你的口气越来越不像犹太人了
Hey, we just heard that you're the ones
我们刚听说是你们
who convinced the Nobel Laureates to come.
说服了这些诺贝尔获奖者出席
- Thank you. - You are welcome.
-谢谢你们 -不客气
You guys deserve this.
这是你们应得的
Yeah, now get out of here,
是啊 别站这儿了
go talk to some smart people.
去找聪明人聊聊吧
- Wait a minute. - Yeah, sorry. Sometimes I forget
-等一下 -对了 抱歉 我有时忘记
you're smart because you're so sexy.
你也很聪明 因为你太性感了
- I can see that. - Yeah.
-我能理解 -嗯
Dr. Cooper. Dr. Fowler.
库珀博士 福勒博士
I was just telling Professor Arnold how you came up with
我刚正跟阿诺德教授说你们是在婚礼上
super-asymmetry at your wedding.
想出超不对称性理论的
It's a wonderful story.
这故事太棒了
I wouldn't say it was the highlight of the wedding,
我不会说这是我们婚礼最精彩的部分
because I've been told not to
因为有人叫我别这么说
for reasons I don't fully understand.
不过具体原因我不太理解
Uh, but what he does understand is how the universe works,
但他很理解宇宙是如何运转的
and that's what's important.
那才是重点
Not what comes out of his mouth.
而不是他说出来的话
I haven't been to a lot of parties like this,
我没参加过很多这一类派对
but what does a physics rumble look like?
不过物理界打群架是什么样子的啊
Kind of like angry chickens.
有点像愤怒的小鸡
Or-or-or-or like, uh, when-when puppets fight.
又或是 像布偶打架那样
Dr. Cooper, Dr. Fowler, good to see you.
库珀博士 福勒博士 很高兴见到你们
What are you doing here?
你们怎么会来这里
Professor Smoot invited us.
斯穆特教授邀请我们的
We're Facebook friends. Smooty!
我们是脸书好友 阿特
Well, this is our reception, so go away.
这是我们的招待会 你们快离开
I think we should let them stay.
我觉得我们应该让他们留下
Please, enjoy yourselves.
二位玩得开心
Try some pigs in blankets.
尝尝热狗面包卷[毯子们裹小猪们]吧
And yes, that is the plural.
没错 复数形式是这样
What are you doing?
你这是在干吗
If they stay, everyone will see
如果他们留下 所有人都会看到
that their grasp on super-asymmetry
他们对于超不对称性的理解
is tenuous at best.
顶多算是含糊
Yeah, I don't just know the plurals of things, Amy.
我可不只是很懂事物的复数形式 艾米
Is this gonna be a problem?
他们来会不会有问题
Mm? No, no, no. We have a plan.
不会 我们有个计划
Uh, Dr. Campbell and Pemberton,
彭伯顿博士和坎贝尔博士
settle a bet for Dr. Fowler and me?
我和福勒博士打了个赌 能否帮我们决断
We were just discussing, under what conditions
我们刚才在讨论 在何种情况下
the radiative corrections to super-asymmetry
超不对称性的辐射修正
could cause time variation of alpha E.M.?
能引起阿尔法EM的时间变化
I say active galactic nuclei at cosmological distances
我认为是位于宇宙学距离的活动星系核
show a part per million deviation.
出现百万分之一偏差时
this has been disproven recently with quasar observations.
最近的类星体观察结果已证明这理论有误
I agree with you.
我赞同你的观点
Hey, uh, if we haven't said it before,
如果我们之前没说过
we just want to say... thank you.
我们就想补说句 谢谢
Yeah. We couldn't have proven super-asymmetry without you.
对 没有你们 我们不可能证实超不对称性理论
Wait-wait. You all heard them say it.
等等 你们都听见了
They didn't do anything.
他们什么都没干
- Sheldon. Shut up. - Yeah-- Well, that's rude.
-谢尔顿 闭嘴 -你真没礼貌
Oh, the code word, thank you.
原来是暗号 谢谢
You know, it's strange. A few months ago,
真的很奇怪 几个月前
nobody paid any attention to us, and now all of a sudden,
完全没人注意我们 但忽然之间
we're getting all these accolades.
我们获得无数的赞誉
Yeah, have-have any of you ever felt like
你们有没有曾经觉得
maybe you didn't deserve it?
或许自己不配得到这一切
Leonard, there's something I need to say.
莱纳德 我有话想说
- Shut up. - Okay.
-闭嘴 -好吧
It's crazy. We conclusively proved super-asymmetry,
太疯狂了 我们确切证实了超不对称性理论
and yet somehow we, we still feel like imposters.
然而莫名地 仍觉得自己是冒名顶替者
There should be a term for that.
应该有形容这种情况的词
Oh, for crying out loud, there is a term for that!
我的老天 确实有个词能形容
It's called "Imposter syndrome"
就叫做"冒名顶替者综合征"
and you don't have it!
但你们没得这种病
Because you can't have it if you are imposters,
因为如果真是冒名顶替者 就不会得这种病
who discovered super-asymmetry!
发现了超不对称性
So if anyone's gonna feel like
所以如果有谁觉得
they have imposter syndrome,
自己得了冒名顶替者综合征
it's us, because we're not imposters! They are!
那也是我们 因为我们不是冒名顶替者 他们才是
You're imposters and you're frauds!
你们是冒名顶替者 也是诈骗犯
- Is that what I would've sounded like? - Yeah.
-我如果发神经病 也是像这样吗 -对
Once upon a time, there was a little astronaut
从前 有一个小宇航员
who's sitting in a rocket, waiting to go to space.
他坐在火箭里 等着上太空
And while all the other astronauts laughed and joked,
当其他宇航员谈笑风生时
he stayed quiet. Because he had a secret.
他一声不响 因为他有个秘密
And another secret, too.
他还有一个秘密
He's only pretending to be scared to trick the Alien King.
那就是他只是假装害怕 使外星人之王上当
Fine. There was no alien.
好吧 没有外星人
There was a bossy wife, though. We'll get to her later.
倒是有个霸道的妻子 迟点会讲到她