生活大爆炸 第十二季 The Big Bang Theory Season 12 第21集: 抄袭分歧 The Plagiarism Schism

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 爱情

导演: 马克·森卓斯基

演员: 吉姆·帕森斯 / 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 梅丽莎·劳奇 / 马伊姆·拜力克 / 凯文·苏斯曼


台词
Previously on The Big Bang Theory...
《生活大爆炸》前情提要
We conclusively proved super-asymmetry,
我们确切证实了超不对称性理论
and yet somehow we-we still feel like imposters.
然而莫名地 仍觉得自己是冒名顶替者
Yeah, there should be a term for that.
应该有形容这种情况的词
Oh, for crying out loud, there is a term for that!
我的老天 确实有个词能形容
It's called "imposter syndrome,"
就叫做"冒名顶替者综合征"
and you don't have it, because you can't have it
但你们没得这种病 因为如果真是冒名顶替者
if you are imposters, and you are!
就不会得这种病 而你们的确冒名顶替了
We're the ones who discovered super-asymmetry,
是我们发现了超不对称性
so if anyone's gonna feel like they have imposter syndrome,
所以如果有谁觉得自己得了冒名顶替者综合征
it's us because we're not imposters, they are!
那也是我们 因为我们不是冒名顶替者 他们才是
You're imposters and you're frauds!
你们是冒名顶替者 也是骗子
I think what President Siebert is trying to say is that
我想塞伯特校长的意思是
this is a setback and we should adopt a different strategy.
这对得奖起了反效果 我们需要想想新方法
I-I'm sorry. I-I just-- I-I snapped.
我真的很对不起 我就突然理智线断了
Oh, you're sorry. It's all better, then.
你说对不起啊 情况一下子就变好了呢
Listen up, you have shot to win a Nobel Prize,
听好了 你们有机会赢得诺贝尔奖
and you're blowing it.
现在要被你们搞黄了
I think what President Siebert is trying to say
我想塞伯特校长的意思是
is that you have a shot to win a Nobel Prize,
你们有机会赢得诺贝尔奖
and you're blowing it.
现在要被你们搞黄了
Uh, that's exactly what he said.
这还是他的原话啊
Yes, but I said it in my calming HR voice.
是啊 但是用我平静的人事部嗓音说的
时至今日
So, obviously,
我想很明显
I'm really sorry about my outburst.
我突然暴怒真的很对不起
Calling you frauds was unacceptable.
我叫你们骗子的事情真的很不对
I feel terrible about it.
我心里也觉得很抱歉
It has caused her a lot of stress.
这事情真的让她很煎熬
She chewed through her night guard
她压力过大 磨牙都咬穿保持器了
like it was a piece of jerky.
想咬牛肉干似的
What you said was really hurtful,
你说的话真的很伤人
especially because I thought we were friends.
尤其我一直觉得我们是朋友
Why would you think that?
你怎么会这么想
Ouch.
伤上加伤了
Ignore them; they're just mean people.
别理他们 他们就是很恶毒
Uh, not mean, just sorry.
不恶毒 只是很过意不去罢了
Seem mean, are sorry. Happens all the time.
看似恶毒 实则抱歉 这事常有
It's okay. I talked to my therapist,
没事啦 我跟我的心理治疗师聊过了
and she made me realize that what you said
她开导我 让我理解你的话
was really more about your own insecurities.
其实真正反映的是你内心的不安全感
I'm sorry, what?
不好意思 你说什么来着
There you go, she's sorry. We all heard it. Moving on.
听到啦 她很抱歉 在座都听到了 向前看吧
Yes, obviously,
是啊 很明显
you're angry at all the attention we're getting
你生气是因为我们的发现令大家把目光
for our discovery and you're lashing out.
都聚集在我们身上 所以你们发飙了
Well, uh, technically, she lashed out.
正确来说 是她发飙了
I contained myself, which I don't think
我控制好了自己 所以我觉得你们
I'm getting enough credit for.
没有意识到我表现得有多棒
The point is we should take it as a compliment
重点是我们应该把这当做是赞誉
that even you guys think we will win the Nobel Prize.
因为连你们都觉得我们应该赢走诺贝尔奖
Uh, no, we-we certainly do not think that.
没有啊 我们绝对没这么想
The Nobel Committee will realize
诺贝尔奖委员会绝对会意识到
that we came up with this theory.
是我们想出了这个理论
But we proved it.
但是我们证明了它
By accident.
意外证明
All breakthroughs happen by accident.
所有的突破都来自意外
No, they don't!
才没有呢
Look, the Nobel Committee doesn't like infighting,
听我说 诺贝尔奖委员会不喜欢有争执
so if the four of you don't stop sniping at each other,
所以如果你们四个人不停止互相攻击
the award's gonna go to someone else entirely.
奖很有可能落入别人手中
He's right.
他说得对
You know, like it or not, we can't avoid each other.
无论感觉爽不爽 我们都抬头不见低头见
Let's at least try to be civil.
大家试着和平相处吧
Agreed.
同意
You know, when you think about it,
其实如果我们仔细想想
we're linked together the same way that super-asymmetry
我们几个人的连结 就像是超不对称性
links together every atom in the universe. ‭Hmm.
把宇宙中所有的原子都连结起来一样
That's not what it does at all!
完全不是这样好吗
Well, that's the great thing about science.
这就是科学的伟大之处
We all get to have our own opinions.
我们都可以有自己的想法
I'm still not talking. That's impressive, right?
我还是忍住没出声 是不是超棒啊
♪ Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state ♪
♪ Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait! ♪
♪ The Earth began to cool
♪ The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools ♪
♪ We built the Wall, We built the pyramids♪
♪ Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery ♪
♪ That all started with a big bang ♪
第十二季 第二十一集
♪ Bang!♪
♪ aBu 2019 ♪
You-- No, no, no, no. Your money's no good here.
你 不不不不 这单不能让你付
Well, I'm glad that we hashed all that out,
我很高兴我们能求同存异
and moving forward, may the best team win.
希望接下来最强的组合获胜吧
I couldn't agree more.
太同意你的说法了
We're the best team.
我们才是最强的组合
Greg Pemberton, you old so-and-so.
格雷戈·彭伯顿 好久不见你个老混蛋
Very good to see you.
很高兴见到你啦
Uh, let me introduce you to my colleague, Dr. Campbell.
我给你介绍我的同事 坎贝尔博士
Uh, Kevin, this is Barry Kripke. We went to college together.
凯文这是巴里·克里普奇 我们是大学同学
Great to meet you. Well, you have my number.
很高兴又见到你啦 你有我手机号
We should hit up the buffet at the strip club
趁你来这里 有空我们一起去
while you're in town.
脱衣舞厅里吃顿自助餐啊
Nothing beats a lap dance and a baked potato bar, huh?
天下最爽的就是大腿舞加烤土豆吧了
You can come, too.
你也可以一起来啊
That's a hard pass.
我严正拒绝
I'll walk you out.
我送你们
Good to see you, Barry.
再会啦 巴里
You're the best!
你最牛逼啦
God, I hate that guy.
天啊 我恨死那家伙了
That's strange; you seem quite fond of him.
奇怪了 你看起来跟他很要好啊
I was only being polite. Pemberton is a grade A weasel.
客套罢了 彭伯顿就是个顶级贼逼
How do I know you're not just being polite
那我怎么知道你说很高兴看到我时
when you say it's nice to see me?
是真心还是假客套啊
I have literally never said that to you.
我从来没这么跟你说过
Why do you say he's a weasel?
你为什么说他是个贼逼啊
Pemberton's whole M.O.
彭伯顿的套路
was to take other people's ideas and turn them in as his own.
就是剽窃别人的想法再拿来当自己的
That's exactly what he's doing to us.
他正是这么对我们的
I'm not surprised. I heard the only work he did on his thesis
不意外 我听说他的论文中 他唯一做的一件事
was googling, "Where can I buy a thesis?"
就是上网搜"哪里可以买论文"
Well, plagiarism is a pretty serious charge. Are you sure?
剽窃是挺严重的罪 你确定吗
You want proof? I can make some calls.
你想要证据吗 我可以打电话找人啊
You'd do that for us?
你愿意为我们这么做吗
I really don't want to see that guy win a Nobel.
我真的不想看到那家伙赢诺贝尔奖
I also don't want to see you win a Nobel.
但我也不想看到你赢诺贝尔奖
Ooh, this is tricky.
糟糕 这下难了
I don't know, Barry. It sounds a little sleazy.
我不知道了 巴里 这招感觉挺贱的
Well, let me know if you change your mind.
如果你们改变心意了再找我吧
Sleazy is where I thrive.
吾乃天下第一"贱"客
So I was talking to my mom
我跟我妈聊了
about our Pemberton and Campbell situation.
彭伯顿和坎贝尔的事情
Really? What'd she say?
真的吗 她怎么说
Apparently, Old Testament God would bring down his wrath
貌似旧约的神会对他们降下雷霆怒火
on them for being deceitful,
来惩戒他们欺诈的行为
but New Testament God would forgive them.
但新约的神会原谅他们
So couldn't we just bring down our wrath
那我们不能对他们降下雷霆怒火
and ask the New Testament God to forgive us?
然后再请求新约的神原谅我们吗
- You know, I asked her that very question. ‭- And?
-你知道我也问了我妈同样的问题吗 -然后呢
She said I was full of California sass.
她说我满嘴加州的狗屁
Oh, good, you're all here. Uh, we're wrestling
太好了 你们都在 我们在纠结
with an ethical question, and perhaps you could help.
一个道德上的问题 或许你们能帮忙
- Sure, what's up? - ‭Yeah. ‭Fire away.
-行啊 怎么了 -对啊 说吧
If we have damaging and embarrassing information about someone,
如果我们手握某人的各种黑料
should we keep it to ourselves or expose them?
我们应该将其烂在肚子里 还是公之于众
Quick question: Does it happen to do with online tastes
先问一下 是某人在网上的偏好
that might or might not reflect their real-life tastes?
与他在现实生活中的偏好不见得一样有关吗
I know all about your tall girl website.
我知道你看了那些高妹"网站"
It goes on our credit card.
扣款都扣到我们信用卡上了
It's Dr. Pemberton.
是彭伯顿博士的黑料
Kripke says he plagiarized his thesis,
彭伯顿博士说他当初论文是剽窃来的
and that he can prove it.
而且他还能证实这件事
Wow. Well, that's not gonna sit well with the Nobel Committee.
这在诺贝尔奖委员会面前可不好看
Hang on. I don't think it's fair to use something
等等 我觉得用某些人以前在学校时做的事
someone did in school against them.
来攻击他们 这样不太好吧
Relax, he said it's not you.
放轻松 都说了不是说你
I don't know. If someone's a cheater,
是吗 我觉得如果某人是骗子
they should be held accountable no matter how long ago it was.
那无论是多久以前做的 都应该被人戳脊梁骨
Okay, now you just sound crazy.
你这样说的就有点太神经病了吧
So you really think they should do this?
所以你真的觉得他们应该用这招吗
It wouldn't just knock Pemberton
这不止会把彭伯顿
out of Nobel contention, it would blow up his whole career.
退出诺贝尔奖 还会把他的事业一次炸没
To that, I say kaboom!
那我要说 嘣炸
No, I meant it's a bad thing.
不 我是说这样不好
No, no, I agree with Bernadette.
不 不 我同意博纳黛特
If Pemberton cheated,
如果彭伯顿作弊了
maybe he shouldn't have a career in the first place.
也许他就不配拥有自己的事业
There's plenty of people that didn't plagiarize.
世界上还有好多人没有剽窃呢
And a few of us who did, but it's only 'cause
当然也有少部分人这么做过 全是因为
The Scarlet Letter was so boring.
《红字》这本书太枯燥了
1850年代出版的一部有历史背景的小说是作者纳撒尼尔·霍桑的代表作
Aw, I love The Scarlet Letter.
我很喜欢《红字》呢
Th-That's where I got my taste for bad girls.
我就是受那本书的影响开始迷恋坏女孩的
Ugh, why is this decision so hard?
这事怎么会如此难抉择
Maybe because you want to win,
也许是因为你虽然想赢
but deep down you know it's not the honorable way to do it.
但内心深处你知道这样做有失荣誉
Otherwise, you would've done it already.
否则你早就义无反顾地去做了
That's really wise.
这话听起来很有道理
Yes, but it may just be the Indian accent.
没错 不过也可能只是印度口音给它加分了
Do you think by not exposing Pemberton
你觉得不揭发彭伯顿这件事
we're doing the right thing?
我们做得对吗
Of course.
当然
Unless you think we're not doing the right thing.
除非你觉得我们做得不对
Why would you think that I don't think
你为什么会觉得我不认为
we're doing the right thing?
我们做对了呢
You might think that if good people hold themselves
你可能会想 如果好人总是坚持
to unrealistically high ethical standards,
不切实际的高道德标准
then they might lose out to their unscrupulous competitors.
他们可能会输给不择手段的竞争对手
Is that what you think?
你是这么想的吗
No.
才怪
No, I just thought if you thought we weren't
我是想如果你觉得我们
doing the right thing, that's why you might think that.
做得不对 那么你的依据可能是这个
Well, if I did think that,
如果我的确这么想
you might point out that people who claim
你可能会指出
it's okay to do bad things to win
那些为了赢而做坏事的人也是坏人
are bad people no matter what they tell themselves.
哪怕他们找了多冠冕堂皇的理由
And I'd be right to point that out.
而我指出的这一点是非常正确的
Because you're a good person.
因为你是个非常好的人
I love talking to you.
我好爱和你聊天
It's like talking to me, but with a girl voice.
就像和自己自问自答 不过是用女孩的声音
I'm just saying, Sheldon and Amy deserve to win,
我只是说 这个奖是谢尔顿和艾米应得的
and sometimes that means doing what you got to do.
而这表示有时会需要做一些必须做的事
Don't you think it's better to take the high road?
你不觉得当个堂堂正正的君子更好吗
Yeah, and instead of guns,
没错 军队也不该配枪
armies should carry candy canes that shoot wishes.
换成可以发射心愿的糖果拐杖风味更佳哦
So what's the worst thing you've ever done
所以你为了得到自己想要的东西
to get something you wanted?
做过最坏的事是什么
I'm not gonna tell you that.
我才不会告诉你呢
Oh, come on. I'll tell you mine.
别这样 我也把我的事讲给你听
Right, 'cause yours is gonna be
对对对 因为你的事肯定
as bad as mine. Okay.
能跟我的一样坏吗 行
Come on, just tell me.
拜托 就告诉我吧
Okay, fine.
好吧
When we first met, there was another waitress
我们刚认识时 还有另一个起司蛋糕工厂的
at The Cheesecake Factory who thought you were cute,
女服务员觉得你很可爱
so I told her you had all the hepatitises, A through Z.
所以我告诉她你患有各种各样的肝炎 从A型到Z型
There aren't 26 hepatitises.
肝炎没有26种类型
Well, if she was smart enough to know that,
没错 如果她够聪明想到这一点
she wouldn't still be working at a Cheesecake Factory.
她也不会还在奶酪蛋糕工厂工作了
Oh, she still works there? Who was it?
她还在那里工作吗 是哪一个啊
Why does it matter?
这有什么关系吗
You're right, it doesn't matter 'cause I got the best one.
你说得对 这事无关紧要 因为我找到了最好的那个
Was it Susan?
是苏珊吗
Why? Because she's tall?
干嘛 因为她个子高吗
Good night.
晚安
Can't believe it.
真不敢相信
Sheldon loves telling on people when they break the rules.
明明谢尔顿最喜欢在别人违规时告状了
Yeah, well, maybe he's changed.
对 也许他改变了
He hasn't changed. Last week, when the vending machine
他改变个屁 上周自动售货机
gave me two bags of chips, he called my mom.
给我掉下来2袋薯片 他打电话给我妈了
Well, that didn't ruin your life.
这也没有毁掉你的生活啊
Well, it ruined my day.
但他毁了我的一天
I had to talk to my mom, who, by the way,
我不得不给我妈通电话 随便一提
is-is polyamorous now, so that's fun to think about.
她现在是多角恋者了 想想就开心
Look, I'm proud of Sheldon and Amy.
我挺为谢尔顿和艾米自豪的
You know? They want to win this thing on their own merits,
他们想凭自己的实力赢得这场比赛
not by knocking out the competition.
而不是在对手背后插刀
Yeah, but what if they don't win?
但如果他们没能赢呢
Uh, Pemberton and Campbell have done an amazing job
彭伯顿和坎贝尔已经成功地
of associating their names with super-asymmetry.
把他们的名字和超不对称性联系起来了
They have all the momentum right now.
他们现在势头正劲
I don't like the idea of them losing either,
我也不愿意看他们输
but this is their decision to make, not ours.
但这是他们的选择 不是我们的
Maybe it is ours.
也许这是我们的选择
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Well, I-if Sheldon and Amy don't want to expose Pemberton,
谢尔顿和艾米不想曝光彭伯顿
that doesn't mean someone else can't do it for them.
并不代表其他人不可以替他们做吧
They'd never have to know.
他们不需要知道这件事
Really? You'd do that?
真的吗 你会做这种事吗
They deserve the Nobel.
他们理应获得诺贝尔奖
I'm not gonna let two frauds steal it from them.
我可不会让两个骗子从他们手上夺走这份荣誉
And if that means getting my hands dirty, so be it.
如果这会让我弄脏自己的手 那就弄脏吧
What's so funny?
你笑什么
Just realized I've never actually seen your hands dirty.
刚意识到我还从没见过你弄脏自己的手呢
All right, Hofstadter, here's all the proof you need.
好吧 霍夫斯塔特 这就是你要的证据
- Great, thanks. - Just remember,
-很好 谢了 -要记住
once you take this envelope, there's no turning back.
你拿走这个信封 就没有回头路了
What if I look at it and decide not to use it?
万一我打开看了以后决定不用它呢
I had not considered that.
我没想到这个做法
Got to hand it to you,
真是不得不服你
you got a real talent for making things boring.
你可真是把事情搞无聊界的一把手啊
Thanks.
谢了
Hey, look at that, you did it again.
你看 你又来了
Hi, Leonard.
你好 莱纳德
What? Nothing.
什么 没什么啊
You okay?
你还好吧
Uh, no, you are.
不不 你好
So guess what. There was a waitress
你知道吗 起司蛋糕工厂里
at The Cheesecake Factory back in the day
曾经有个女服务员
who kind of had a thing for me.
对我有好感
Other than Bernadette? That does not sound right.
博纳黛特之外的人吗 这听起来不可能呀
Honest to God.
对天发誓
Oh, well, who was it?
那么是谁
It doesn't even matter. I'm happily married.
这无关紧要 我的婚姻很幸福
The point is women-- plural-- find me appealing.
关键点是女人 "们" 觉得我有魅力
Okay. Okay, well, well, let's see.
好吧 好吧 我们想想看吧\
Okay? We-we know it wasn't Penny,
我们知道这不可能是佩妮
- we know it wasn't Susan... ‭- Wait.
-也不可能是苏珊 -等等
How do we know it wasn't Susan?
我们怎么知道不是苏珊呢
Uh, because she had a type.
因为她有某种喜欢的类型
What type?
什么类型
Don't make me say it.
别逼我说出来
Are you saying I'm not a handsome guy?
你是说我不是帅哥型吗
See? It's mean, right?
你看 这话说出来很刻薄 对吧
Hold on, as we've established,
等一下 我们刚才已经确定
a minimum of two women think I'm attractive.
至少有两个女人认为我有吸引力
Uh, yeah, you're right, it was totally Susan.
好吧 你是对的 绝对就是苏珊
I didn't say it was her. I said it could've been.
我没说一定是她 我是说有这种可能
It could've been anybody. Marta, Gina, Annalise...
也有可能是其他人 玛塔 金娜 安娜丽斯...
It's a little creepy that you remember all their names.
你还能记住她们的名字 有点让人发毛啊
Not just their names.
不光是她们的名字
The cars they drove, the color of their eyes,
她们开的车 她们眼睛的颜色
and whether or not they had boyfriends.
还有她们是否有男友
Your husband was acting kind of weird today.
你老公今天可有点奇怪呀
You sure you're not thinking about your husband?
你确定你说的不是你老公吗
No. He was acting all sketchy.
不 他今天慌里慌张的
Almost like he was guilty or something.
就像他做了错事还是怎么样
Oh. Well, that doesn't mean anything.
这不代表什么
I mean, Leonard has resting guilt face.
我是说 莱纳德天生就有一张愧疚的脸
Yeah, it's-it's like, "What are you guilty about, Leonard?"
是啊 就像"莱纳德 你做错了什么吗"
"Nothing." "Well, then, tell it to your face."
"什么也没做啊" "把这话说给你的脸听吧"
Are you okay?
你还好吧
I'm so okay, yeah.
我没事呀
Then why are you acting guilty now?
你怎么也表现得想做错事了一样
Okay, look, Leonard knows
好吧 听我说 莱纳德知道
that you and Sheldon decided to take the high road,
你和谢尔顿决定当君子
so he went to Kripke for you.
所以他为了你们去找了克里普奇
But that just means you didn't do anything wrong,
但这只代表你们没做错什么
and now you don't risk losing to those idiots.
现在你们不会输给那些白痴了
Why did you tell me?
你为什么告诉我
Now that I know, I'm implicated.
现在我知道了就牵连其中了
But you wanted me to.
但这是你要我说的
I also wanted you to be my jester
我也要你扮成宫廷小丑
at the Renaissance Fair, but that didn't happen.
陪我去文艺复兴园游会 不也没发生吗
I wanted to be a princess.
人家想扮成公主
There was only one princess, and it was me!
只有一个公主 那就是我
Fine. I'm sorry I told you.
好 抱歉告诉你了
And I forgive you.
我原谅你
'Cause that's what a princess would do.
公主就是这么大度
Kudos on the meatballs.
肉丸做得不错
They're nice and round.
又美又圆
Thanks. ‭
谢谢
They're much better than those prolate spheroids
比你以前做成扁长球柱体
you used to pass off as balls.
就当成是球体的版本强多了
Okay.
Are you all right? You seem distracted.
你还好吗 看起来心不在焉
Yeah, sorry. I'm just trying to figure something out.
抱歉 我在想些事情
Is it what to get me for our anniversary?
是在想结婚周年送我什么礼物吗
'Cause I'll give you a hint: it's already
给你一个提示 我已经放在
in my Amazon basket. Just click "Buy now."
网购购物车里了 你点击马上购买就行
I filled out the gift card for you.
我都帮你勾上礼券了
Apparently, I'm the light of your life.
显然 我照亮了你的生活
Sheldon, if someone were gonna do something
谢尔顿 如果有人为你
ethically murky on your behalf,
做了道德上不光彩的事
would you rather know about it
你是想知道
or not know about it to retain your innocence?
还是不想知道 以保持你的清白
Well, now that I know there's a thing to know, I have to know.
现在我知道有事 我就必须知道
Can't help myself; I'm a fact addict.
情不自禁 我对事实上瘾
That's not a real thing.
根本没这种病
And that's a fact.
而这就是个事实
Leonard, I know what you're planning to do,
莱纳德 我知道你想做什么
and I said I didn't want to do it.
我说过我不想那么做
What? You told him?
什么 你告诉他了
Well, you told me.
你也告诉我了
Yeah, that's-that's probably where you heard it.
你估计是从我这里听说的
You're not doing anything wrong.
你没做任何错事
That's the point. I'm doing it.
这才是重点 是我去做
Yeah, but it's still wrong.
但这依然是错的
Well, so is you and Amy not getting
你和艾米没有因为你们的发现
the recognition for your discovery.
而得到赞誉也是不对的
And if that means I have to do something shady
如果这表示需要我来耍阴招
so you don't have to, I'm okay with that.
好让你们保持清白之身 我没意见
But we're not.
但我们有意见
I mean, it's sweet that you want to help, but we don't want you
你想帮忙我们很感动 但我们不希望你
compromising your integrity for us.
为了我们破坏你的正直
Wait, what-- really?
慢着 真的吗
I thought we were just worried about looking bad.
我以为我们只担心面子上不好看
It could be both.
都有可能
Okay.
好吧
But I'm gonna go with my reason. Yours is too complicated.
但我要坚持我的理由 你的太复杂
Listen, I did something kind of stupid today.
听着 我今天做了件傻事
Okay.
I went to The Cheesecake Factory
我去了芝士工厂
to try to figure out who that waitress was.
想知道是哪位服务员
- Howie. - Don't worry, I didn't find out,
-华仔 -别担心 我没查出来
because I realized I didn't even care.
因为我发现我根本不在乎
W-While I was there, I started asking myself,
我在那里的时候问自己
"Why does this mean anything to me?"
"为什么这会对我有任何意义"
And... I guess the truth is it was all about my vanity.
我想事实是我的虚荣心作祟
And why should I need to be validated by another woman
全世界最好的女人爱上我了
liking me when the best woman in the world already loves me?
我为什么还需要用另一个女人的喜欢来证明自己
And I just wanted you to know that.
我只想你知道这一点
The restaurant manager already called.
餐厅经理已经打来电话了
You really creeped a lot of people out.
很多人都被你恶心到起鸡皮疙瘩了
And I regret that.
我很后悔
Because the only woman I want to creep out
因为我唯一想弄出鸡皮疙瘩的女人
is the mother of my children.
是我孩子他妈
Well, you're off to a good start.
那你在这件事上起了个不错的头啊
Thank you for meeting us.
感谢你们见我们
No problem.
不客气
We never say no when someone wants to buy us lunch.
有人想请我们吃午餐 我们向来不会拒绝
We didn't say we were going to buy you lunch.
我们没说会请你们吃午餐
Really? Apologies go down easier
真的吗 配合免费的火鸡三明治
with free turkey club sandwiches.
道歉更容易被接受
This isn't another apology.
我们不是再次道歉
There's something we have to give you.
我们有东西要给你
Yes.
Uh, we have proof that you plagiarized your thesis.
我们有你剽窃论文的证据
It's why we invited you to this lunch.
所以邀请你们来吃午餐
We invited them.
是我们邀请的
That's the confusion over who's paying.
谁买单的确令人困惑
Hold on, are you blackmailing us?
慢着 你们在威胁我吗
No, the opposite.
不 正相反
We're blackmailing you?
我们威胁你吗
How are you up for a Nobel?!
你怎么能成为诺贝尔奖的候选人啊
We're giving you this
我们把这个给你
so that no one can use it against you,
这样没人可以利用它来对付你
because we want to win on our own merits,
我们想凭我们的成绩赢
not by tearing you down.
而不是靠整垮你来赢
So it's true? You really did this?
这是真的 你真的这样做了
It was years ago, and I was going through
那是多年前的事 我当时经历了一段
- a very hard time. - ‭What hard time?
-困难时期 -什么困难时期
I had to write a thesis, and I wasn't smart enough to do it.
我必须写论文 但没聪明到可以写出来
You realize my name is attached to yours.
你明白我们俩同坐一条船吧
If this gets out, it ruins me, too.
如果这事泄露出去我也完了
It's not gonna get out.
不会泄露出去的
You know what? Linda was right.
知道吗 琳达说得对
You're always looking for shortcuts.
你总是喜欢找捷径
When did you talk to my ex-wife?
你什么时候和我前妻谈过
She's not your ex-wife.
她不是你的前妻
You keep dragging your feet on those papers.
你一直拖延文件不签字
Well, I'm trying to get the lake house.
我想把湖边小屋抢过来
You're not getting the lake house.
你不会得到湖边小屋
You're never getting the lake house.
你永远别想得到湖边小屋
She picked it out, she decorated it.
那是她选的 她装修的
The lake house is hers.
湖边小屋是她的
What is going on here?
现在什么情况
I'm in love with Linda!
我爱上了琳达
You son of a bitch!
你这个混蛋
That was my iced tea.
那是我的冰茶
Dr. Cooper, Dr. Fowler.
库珀博士 福勒博士
Just the guy I want to see.
正是我要找的男人
Are you drunk?
你喝醉了吗
I was, and then I still was.
我之前醉了 然后之前还醉的
And now, I still was.
而现在还之前醉的
Okay, can we help you?
有事需要帮忙吗
Pemberton is out.
彭伯顿出局了
Someone published all the information
有人公开了他剽窃的
about his plagiarism.
所有资料
It was me.
是我干的
Someone else told Fermilab, and he lost his job.
还有人告诉了费米实验室 他失业了
Also me.
也是我
And someone is sleeping with his ex-wife and it's not me.
而有人在睡他的前妻 不是我
I thought it was.
我还以为是你呢
Not anymore. Apparently, just because I'm better
不再是了 虽然我强过她的老公
than her husband doesn't mean I'm as good as her contractor.
但这不代表我强过她的承包商
Women.
女人啊
I think you ‭need to go.
你还是走吧
No, wait. Hear me out.
等等 听我说
Look, the three of us could team up.
我们三个可以组队
There's one small catch.
不过有个小问题
Dr. Pemberton has been saying a lot of bad stuff about me. But don't worry,
彭伯顿博士说了我很多坏话 但别担心
I couldn't possibly have done any of it,
绝对不是我对他下的黑手
because I was with you guys the whole time.
因为我一直都跟你们在一起啊
I did it.
是我做的
Frankly, I don't know what Linda ever saw in either of them.
说真的 我不知道琳达看上他们两人哪一点