生活大爆炸 第二季 The Big Bang Theory Season 2 第5集: 欧几里得交错 The Euclid Alternative

上映日期: 2,008

语言: 英语 / 北印度语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 查克·罗瑞 / 比尔·布拉迪

演员: 吉姆·帕森斯 / 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 莎拉·吉尔伯特 / 克里斯汀·芭伦斯基 / 凯文·苏斯曼 / 乔迪·琳·欧基菲 / 凯缇·萨克霍夫 / 吴汉


台词
Good morning,leonard.
早上好 莱纳德
yeah. we're gonna
我们开车去上班的路上
Have to stop by pottery barn on the way to work.
要在陶瓷大库房[家居专卖店]停一下
I bought these star wars sheets,
我在那里买了星战床单
But they turned out to be much too stimulating
但躺在这上面实在是太刺激了
To be compatible with a good night's sleep.
我根本不能安心睡着
I don't like the way darth vader stares at me.
黑武士盯着我看 我很不爽
I'm not going to work.
我不去上班了
Oh,just because your career's been stagnant
就算你的研究生涯这几年里毫无建树
For a few years,that's no reason to give up.
那也没必要放弃啊
Sheldon,i was up all night
谢尔顿 我整晚都没睡
Using the new free-electron laser
我在用自由电子激光束
For x-ray diffraction experiment.
做X射线散射实验
Did the laser accidentally burn out your retinas?
是不是激光束碰巧把你视网膜烤焦了
No.
Then you can drive. let's go.
那你就能开车了 快走
Didn't I tell you I'd be working nights
我不是告诉你了么 我现在是晚上工作
And that you'd have to make other arrangements?
你要另外想办法了
You did.
是啊
And?
所以
I didn't.
我没办法
Let's go.
走吧
Good night,sheldon.
晚安 谢尔顿
But how am I going to get to work?
那我怎么去上班啊
Take the bus.
乘公交车
I can't take the bus anymore.
我再也不能乘公交车了
They don't have seat belts,and they won't let you
车上没安全带啊
Latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords.
而且他们不让我用橡皮绳子把自己拴在座椅上
You tried to latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords?
你想用橡皮绳子把自己捆在座椅上
I didn't try. I succeeded.
我不是想 我已经做到了
But for some reason,it alarmed the other passengers
但不知为什么 其他乘客对此很惊慌
And I was asked to de-bus.
他们让我滚下车
Oh,you're a big boy.
傻孩子
You'll figure it out.
你会自己想出办法的
Don't talk to me like I'm a child.
别把我当孩子
Now,take me to return my star wars sheets!
你现在立刻带我去退掉星战床单
Penny?
佩妮
Penny? penny?
佩妮 佩妮
Sheldon. what is it?
谢尔顿 你搞什么
Leonard's asleep.
莱纳德睡着了
Thanks for the update.
谢谢你的最新更新
No. wait.
别 等等
You have to drive me to work.
你一定要开车送我去上班
Yeah,i really don't think I do.
我看未必
But I don't drive,and I can't take the bus.
但我不会开车 我也不想坐公交车
Honey,you'll be fe as long as you don't do
只要你不用那橡皮绳
That bungee cord thing,okay?
坐公交肯定没问题的
Penny.
佩妮
Didn't you recently stated that you and I are friends?
你不是声称我们是朋友吗
Yes,sheldon. we are friends.
是的 谢尔顿 我们是朋友
Then I hereby invoke what I'm given to understand
所以说我在这儿是引用
Is an integral part of the implied covenant of friendship.
我们隐含的友谊契约书中的一个重要部分
The favor.
帮助
Oh,dear god.
上帝啊
I'm sorry,i didn't realize
对不起 我不是故意
I was interrupting your morning prayers.
来打扰你做早晨祷告
When you're done,we'll go.
你做完了我们就出发
Thank you for driving me to work.
谢谢你送我去上班
You know this is my day off,sheldon.
今天是我的休息日 谢尔顿
Oh,good. I'm not keeping you from anything.
太好了 看来我没有耽误你什么事
Your "check engine" light is on.
你的"检查引擎"灯亮着
Typically that's an indicator
一般来说 这算是提醒你
To,you know,check your engine.
去检查引擎
It's fine. it's been on for,like,a month.
没什么事 这灯亮了一个月了
Well,actually,that would be all the more reason to...
这样说来的话 那你就有更多的理由去
You know,check your engine.
检查引擎了
Sheldon,it's fine.
谢尔顿 我的车没事
If it were fine,
如果没事的话
The light wouldn't be on.
那这灯就不会亮了
That's why the manufacturer installed that light,
制造商装了这个灯
To let you know it's not fine.
就是为了告诉你有问题
Maybe the light's broken.
大概是这灯坏了
Is there a "check the 'check engine light' light"?
有没有检查"检查引擎灯"的灯
What?
干嘛
Studies have shown that performing tasks
试验表明 在开车的时候
Such as eating,talking on a cell phone
某些行为 诸如吃东西 打电话
Or drinking coffee while driving
或者喝咖啡
Reduces one's reaction time
会降低人的反应速度
By the same factor as an ounce of alcohol.
就跟喝了一盎司酒精一样
Do you have any alcohol?
你带酒了吗
Of course not.
当然没有
Too bad.
可惜了
You're going up euclid avenue?
你要走欧几里德大道吗
Leonard takes los robles avenu
莱纳德是从洛斯罗布斯大道开的
Well,good for leonard.
随便他
Euclid avenue is shorter as the crow flies,
欧几里德大道是直线距离 的确更近
But it has speed bumps,which appreciably increase
但是这里有减速坡 会极大地降低
Point-to-point drive time,
点到点的行驶速度
Making It the less efficient choice.
所以走这条路实际上更慢
But you have the conn.
但是方向盘是在你手里
Of course,if you're not going to slow down
当然了 如果你在过减速坡的时候
For the speed bumps,
不减速的话
I withdraw my previous objection.
那我就收回之前的意见
Here's a fun question.
我有一个有趣的问题
Do you know what the most common street name is?
你知道最常见的街道名字是什么吗
No.
不知道
The answer's tricky.
是个脑筋急转弯
It's second street.
二街
You see,you'd think it would be first street,
你可能认为该是"一街"
But in most towns,first street eventually
但大多数地方
Gets renamed to something else.
一街都用一些别的名字代替
You know,like main street,
比如 主路
Broad street.
大街
Michigan avenue.
密歇根大道[为1893年哥伦比亚博览会修建]
See,leonard and I often use our commute time
莱纳德和我在路上经常找一些
To exercise our minds with brain-teasers like that.
像这样的脑筋急转弯来锻炼大脑
We also play games.
我们也玩游戏
Would you like to play one?
想玩么
No.
Oh,come on. it's fun.
来吧 可好玩了
Ooh! another bump.
噢 又一个减速坡
Okay. I'll say an element,and,and you say an element
这样吧 我说一个元素名称
Whose name starts with the last letter
你也说一个
Of the one I said,okay?
以我说的元素的尾字母开头
I'll start.
从我开始
Helium.
氦[Helium]
Now,you could say "mercury."
你可以说汞[Mercury]
That would give me a "y."
你给我一个"y"
Ooh. very clever. that's a tough one.
非常聪明 这个可不容易
So I go with "ytterbium," which gets you back to "m."
镱[ytterbium] 让你又回到了"m"
So you go "molybdenum," and I say "magnesium."
你可以说钼[molybdenum] 我说镁[magnesium]
You say "manganese." I say "europium,"
你可以说锰[manganese] 我说铕[europium]
And,then,you're left with "mendelevium,"
现在你只剩下钔了[mendelevium]
And... there are no more m's
然后就没有以"m"开头的了
Because I believe that meitnerium
因为我相信[meitnerium]
Should still be called ekairidium.
应该被叫做ekairidium[一种过渡元素]
So,congratulations. you win.
恭喜你 你赢了
Do you wanna go again?
想再来一局么
Why don't we just have a little quiet time now?
我们就不能安静一会儿么
All right.
没问题
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm finding your reckless nonchalance
我觉得你对于引擎检查提示灯的
Regarding the check-engine light to be very troubling.
冷漠鲁莽非常糟糕
Get out.
下车
Well,i ve to tell you
我不得不说
That while I do have a theoretical understanding
关于内燃机引擎工作的原理
Of the workings of an internal combustion engine,
我是有一定了解的
I'm not sure I'm capable of performing diagnostics.
不过我不确定能不能看出毛病在哪
I said,"get out."
我说了 下车
Okay. I'll give it a shot.
好吧 我就去试试好了
Oh,leonard. there you are.
莱纳德 你在这儿呢
I'm ready to go home.
我准备好回家了
T1 I just got here.
我才刚到这
Good. perfect timing.
真及时
Sheldon,
谢尔顿
Told you,i only have access
我告诉过你啦 我只有晚上
To the free-electron laser at night.
使用自由电子激光器的权限
I can't drive you for the next few weeks.
这几个星期我都不能开车送你
No,you said you couldn't drive me to work.
不对 你是说过你不能开车送我上班
this is from work.
但现在说的是下班
Howard,help me out here.
霍华德帮我说句话啊
No,just for the fun of it,i'm gonna take his side.
不 我要站在他那边 这样有意思多了
Now,
那么
How do you propose I get home?
你觉得我该怎么回家
How did you get here in the first place?
你是怎么来的呢
Penny.
佩妮
But I sense that's no longer an option.
但我觉得这个选项已经没可能了
Look,i need to get edto the laser lab.
反正我要用激光实验室
You're just gonna have
你只能找别人
To find someone else to take you home.
送你回家了
Ah,damn,i picked the wrong side.
该死 我站错队了
Oh,god,not euclid avenue!
老天 不要走欧几里德大道吧
Why did howard leave you
到底为什么霍华德把你
In the middle of the road anyway?
扔在半道上
We had a difference of opinion.
我们观点不统一
Over what?
什么观点
Whether or not he was trying to kill me.
关于他是不是要害死我
For the record,i maintain he was.
事实可鉴 我坚持他就是
Where are you going?
你要去哪
I'm taking you home.
带你回家啊
Oh,but I'm not going home.
但我先不回家的
It's wednesday.
今天礼拜三
Wednesday's new comic book day.
礼拜三是漫画书购买日
We have to go to the comic book store.
我们必须先去动漫书店
And then,we have to stop
之后 我们在种汤小吃店停下
At soup plantation; it's creamy tomato soup day.
因为今天还是奶油土豆汤日
And radio shack.
最后是雷都夏克电器行
There's a sale on triple-a batteries.
今天有个3A电池的折扣
Plus,we have to go to pottery barn
对了还有 我们还得去下陶瓷大库房
And return my star wars sheets.
我要把我的星战床单退了
I have a better idea.
我有个更好的主意
You want to go to pottery barn first?
你想先去陶瓷大库房啊
Can you drive me to pottery barn?
你能开车送我去陶瓷大库房吗
Maybe if I turn off the night-light,
如果我把夜明灯关了
I can keep the sheets.
这床单还能用
Good morning.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好
Sheldon,sit down.
谢尔顿 坐下
She's in my spot.
她坐了我的位置
Don't look at me like that.
别那么看着我
Everybody knows that my spot.
谁都知道那是我的位置
Sheldon,you know that we care about you.
谢尔顿 你知道我们都很关心你
And it's because we care about you
就是因为我们关心你
That we've decided we have to speak up.
才不得不说
You're hurting the people around you,sweetie.
亲爱的 你让你身边的人都头疼了
So we made you an appointment,
我们帮你做了个预约
And we want you to keep it.
想让你接受
Department of motor vehicles new driver handbook?
机动车辆管理局新司机手册
But I don't have a problem.
但我没有什么需要查的
Sheldon,you need to learn how to drive.
谢尔顿 你得学会开车
This madness has to stop.
不能再这样疯下去了
Penny's taking you to the dmv.
佩妮带你去车管局
I'm going to bed.
我去睡觉
Why penny?
为什么是佩妮
Because rock breaks scissors.
因为石头赢过剪子[石头剪子布游戏]
Good night.
晚安
All right,come on,sheldon.
好了 走吧 谢尔顿
Hold on.
等下
I have one condition.
我有个条件
What?
什么
We have to stop at pottery barn.
得去趟陶瓷大库房
Okay.
好的
And radio shack.
还有雷都夏克电器行
Fine.
And the comic book store.
还有动漫书店
All right!
可以
Ooh,i want to go to the comic book store.
我想去动漫书店
I like comic books.
我也喜欢漫画书
I just don't see why I need a driver's license.
我只是不明白我为什么需要驾驶执照
Albert einstein never had a driver's license.
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦从没有过驾驶执照
Yeah,but albert einstein didn't make me wet myself
是啊 但阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦从不在每小时
At 40 miles an hour.
40英里时让我惊出一身冷汗
Yeah,and I never wanted to kick albert einstein in the nuts.
我也从不会把阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦疯狂地赶下车
You know,i gotta ask,why didn't you just
我想问问 你为什么不和别人一样
Get a license at 16 like everybody else?
在16岁的时候考取驾照
I was otherwise engaged.
我在忙别的事
Doing what?
做什么
Examining perturbative amplitudes
验证超对称理论中n=4的情况下
In n=4 supersymmetric theories
的扰动振幅
Leading to a re-examination of the ultraviolet properties
再用现代扭量理论重新验证
Of multi-loop n=8 supergravity using modern twistor theory.
n=8时回路超引力场的紫外特性
Well,how 'bout when you were 17?
那你17岁的时候呢
Take this to the testing area,
带这个去测试区
Put your name at the top,sign the bottom,
在上面写上名字 下面签字
Answer the questions,bring it back. next
回答完问题交回来 下一个
Application?
申请
I'm actually more of a theorist.
我实际上更多是理论家
The application in your hand.
是说你手里的申请表
Give it to her.
给她
Take this to the testing area,
带这个去测试区
Put your name at the top,sign the bottom,
在上面写上名字 下面签字
Answer the questions,bring it back. next!
回答完问题交回来 下一个
Excuse me,but I have some concerns about these questions.
抱歉 对这些问题我有些疑问
Look at that sign up there.
看看那的标志牌
Yes?
怎么了
Does it say "i give a damn"?
上面写了"我在乎"吗
No.
That's because I don't.
那是因为我不在乎
Just look.
就看一眼
See,this first question makes no sense.
第一个问题就说不通
"how many car lengths
"当开车时与前车
Should you leave in front of you when driving?"
的车距应该保持几个车身"
There's no possible way to answer that.
没有可能能回答这个问题
A "car length" is not a standardized unit of measure.
"车身长"不是个标准化的度量单位
Look at the sign.
看看标志牌
Sheldon,it's "c." just put down "c."
谢尔顿 答案是"C" 就写"C"
I don't need yourelp,penny.
我不需要你的帮忙 佩妮
Listen to that little girl,honey.
听那个小姑娘的 宝贝
Put "c." next!
写上"C" 下一个
No,wait! no,hang on.
别 等下 等等
Look at this next question.
看看下一个问题
Sheldon,why are you arguing with the dmv?
谢尔顿 你为何要和车管局争执
How else are they going to learn?
否则他们怎么进步
Look...
听着
"when are roadways most slippery?"
"什么时候路面最湿滑"
Now,okay,there are three answers,
有三个答案
None of which are correct.
没一个是正确的
The correct answer is "when covered by
正确的答案是"当[路面]被覆盖上
"a film of liquid sufficient to reduce
一层液体足以
"the coefficient of static friction
把轮胎和道路之间的静态摩擦系数
"between the tire and the road to essentially zero,
减少到理论上的零值
But not so deep as to introduce a new source of friction."
又不产生新的摩擦源"
Here's your learner's permit. go away.
这是你的学习证明 走开
But I'm not done.
但我还没说完
I have many additial concerns
我还有更多的
About these questions.
关于这些问题的质疑
Don't make me climb over this counter.
别逼我翻过这柜台
Come on. let's go. come on.
来吧 我们走 来吧
Next!
下一个
Aced it.
一流
Okay,that's it.
好了 弄好了
Let's boot it up.
开始启动吧
Booting.
启动
This is a state-of-the-art simulator.
这是最先进的模拟器
I adapted it from something
我从一个朋友为军队
A friend of mine designed for the army.
设计的东西上改装而来的
Is that why I appear to be in downtown fallujah
所以我才在费鲁杰的市区里
Behind the wheel of an up-armored humvee?
跟在一辆装甲悍马的轮子后
I haven't configured it yet.
我还没有配置呢
Let's see...
看看
Bradley tank...
布拉德利坦克
Transport truck... batmobile...
运输卡车 蝙蝠车
Ooh! no.
不行
Here we go. red 2006 ford taurus
就这个 2006款红色福特金牛座
On the streets of pasadena.
驰骋在帕萨迪纳市的街道上
What?
怎么了
Statistically,red cars are stopped by police
据统计 红色车让警察叫停的次数
Far more often than any other color.
比其它颜色的车多得多
I don't want any hassles with the fuzz.
我可不想跟条子发生口角
Fine,what color do you want?
好吧 你想要什么颜色
You know the pale blue of luke skywalker's lightsaber?
你知道天行者卢克那把淡蓝色的激光剑吗
Before it was digitally remastered?
当然不是后来的那个数码修复版里那种
Black,it is.
就是黑色了
Okay,now,what you want to do first
好的 现在你首先要做的是
Is turn on the ignition
打开点火开关
And shift into drive.
换到前进档
I haven't fastened my seat belt yet.
我还没系安全带呢
Okay,fasten your seat belt.
好吧 系上你的安全带
Click
可以了
Now,are there air bags?
这有安全气囊吗
You don't need air bags.
你不需要安全气囊
What if a simulated van rear-ends me?
要是哪个模拟货车和我追尾了 怎么办
I'll hit you in the face with a pillow.
那我就用枕头给你脸一下
Okay,now shift into drive.
好的 换到前进档
Pull out slowly into traffic.
慢慢开进车道
Watch out,watch,watch out for the pedestrians!
小心 看着行人
Oh,god.
天呢
Wait-- slow--
等等 慢点
Hit the brakes! the brakes!
刹车 刹车
Thank you.
谢了
Sorry.
对不起
Excuse me.
抱歉
My bad.
我的错
Student driver.
新手上路
How did you manage
你怎么
To get on the second floor of the glendale galleria?
开到幽谷拱廊商场[洛城顶级六大室内商场之一]的二层楼上了
I don't know.
我不知道
I was on the pasadena freeway. I missed my exit,
我原来在帕萨迪纳市的高速公路 出口处没出去
Flew off the overpass,and one thing led to another.
冲出了天桥 之后就这样了
Maybe you want to give it a rest and try again tomorrow.
也许你该休息一下 明天再练
No. I quit.
不用了 我不练了
Aw,the pet store.
宠物商店
Remind me to compliment wolowitz on the software.
帮我谢谢沃罗威茨的软件
It's amazingly detailed.
里面内容非常详尽
Th so wait,you're just gonna give up?
那你就这样放弃了吗
No,i'm not giving up.
不是 我没放弃
I never give up.
我从不放弃
So,what is it you're doing?
那你在干嘛
I'm...
我就是
Transcending the situation.
情况非常的好
I'm clearly too evolved for driving.
很明显 我已经进化到不需要开车了
What does that mean?
这话什么意思
Leonard,have you ever wondered why my little toes
莱纳德 你有没有想过 平均来说 为什么我的小趾
And lateral incisors are significantly smaller
和侧门牙明显比像我这种身材的人
Than the average for someone of my size?
的小趾和侧门牙要小
I wonder a lot of things about you,sheldon.
你的事 我有很多都很好奇 谢尔顿
But not-not that.
不过没有这件
Well,those are indicators
这表明
That I'm farther along the evolutionary scale
在进化系谱中 我比一般人
Than the average human.
进化得更为充分
- No kidding. - well,no,no.
-真有你的 -别走 别走
I'm not gonna go so far as to say
我这么说 并不意味着
That I represent a distinct new stage in humankind--
我代表人类进化的新的高度
You know,a homo novus,if you will.
新贵[出身低微而奋斗成功的人] 如果这是你想说的
No,that's for anthropologists to decide.
不行 这得由人类学家决定
But I am convinced
但我确信
That the rson I cannot master the plebeian task of driving
我之所以不能掌握开车这种小技巧
Is because I'm not meant to.
是因为我根本不想学
Yes,you are.
你想 你想的
You're meant to learn how to drive.
你想去学车的
Please learn how to drive!
求你了 学开车吧
No,no.
不行 不行
Leonard,i'm meant for greater things,
莱纳德 我是要去干大事业的
Like unraveling the mysteries of the universe,
比如解开宇宙之谜
Not determining when it's safe
而不是决定什么时候
To pass a stopped school bus on a country road.
在乡村公路上超过停在路边的校车是安全的
It's never safe.
就没安全的时候
Yeah,well,i know that now.
我现在知道了
Fine.
好吧
Assuming that everything you say is true,
就算你说的全对
How does the biologically superior homo novus
那个生物学上的超级新贵
Get to work tomorrow morning?
明早怎么去上班
Homo novus doesn't know.
新贵也不知道
Well,hang in there.
坚持住
Maybe you'll evolve into something with wings.
也许你还能进化出翅膀之类的东西
Good morning,gentlemen.
早安 先生们
Hey. good morning.
早安
Is there some new kind of casual friday
这是不是什么新的星期五便装日
I don't know about?
而我不知道
No,he lives here now.
不是 他在这安家了
Really? why?
真的吗 为啥
Since he won't take the bus and he's too evolved to drive,
因为他不乘公交 而且进化得连车都开不了了
He decided it would be easier to just sleep in his office
所以决定 在我完成我的实验前
And shower in the radiation lab
在他办公室睡觉 在放射室洗澡
Until I'm finished with my experiment.
可能更好
But you finished your experiment a week ago.
不过你一周前不就完成了吗
Yep
没错
Ay,dios mio.
天呢
Tra vez?
又来了
Deben ser rata
肯定是老鼠
Las ratas no hacen pan tostado
老鼠不会烤面包
Y le cortan las orillas.
还把面包皮切开
Ay,dios mio!
妈呀
You saw nothing!
就当什么都没看见