生活大爆炸 第二季 The Big Bang Theory Season 2 第6集: Coope

上映日期: 2,008

语言: 英语 / 北印度语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 查克·罗瑞 / 比尔·布拉迪

演员: 吉姆·帕森斯 / 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 莎拉·吉尔伯特 / 克里斯汀·芭伦斯基 / 凯文·苏斯曼 / 乔迪·琳·欧基菲 / 凯缇·萨克霍夫 / 吴汉


台词
So you are considering going into experimental physics,
考虑加入实验物理学行业的同学们
My door is always open.
我的大门永远向你们敞开
Once again, I'm sorry that the demonstration didn't quite work out,
另外我要再次道歉 可能我的实验不怎么成功
But now we know what happens when you accidentally spill
但我们现在知道 你不小心把斯奈普桃汁
Peach snapple into a helium neon laser.
掉进氦氖激光器的时候会发生什么了
Short answer is... don't.
简单来说就是 别这么干
And now to tell you about the theoretical physics department
现在我们来介绍一下理论物理系
Is dr. sheldon cooper.
有请谢尔顿·库珀博士
Dr. cooper?
库珀博士
Forget it.
别叫我
Excuse me.
稍等
Sheldon, we both agreed to do this.
谢尔顿 我们都商量好了
It's a waste of time.
别浪费时间
I might as well explain the laws of thermodynamics
我还不如给一群拉布拉多狗
To a bunch of labradoodles.
讲讲热力学定律呢
If you don't do this, i won't take you to the comic book store.
你再不出来 我就不带你去动漫书店
Hello.
你们好
Nice work with the laser, by the way.
顺便说一句 你的激光器不错
Looking out at your fresh young faces,
看见你们朝气蓬勃的脸庞
I remember when I too was deciding my academic future
我回想起了我决定步入学术道路的那一刻
As a lowly graduate student.
那时我还是个卑微的研究生
Of course, I was 14.
忘了说 我14岁
And I'd already achieved more than most of you
不过我已经取得了你们大多数人
Could ever hope to, despite my 9:00 bedtime.
望尘莫及的成就 虽然我九点上床
Now, there may be one or two of you in this room
现在 这个屋子里可能有一两个人
Who has what it takes to succeed in theoretical physics.
具备学好理论物理学的基本素质
Although, it's more likely that you'll spend
即使可能你们学成了之后
Your scientific careers teaching fifth graders
只是拿来教五年级的小学生
How to make papier mache volcanoes
要做一个纸壳模型火山
with baking soda lava.
要怎么使用碳酸氢钠火山岩
Oh, good god.
感谢老天
In short--
简单来说
Any one who told you that you would someday be able
如果谁告诉你们你们有朝一日
To make any significant contribution to physics,
能在物理学上有所建树
Played a cruel trick on you, a cruel trick indeed.
那完全是个残忍的笑话 太残忍了
Any questions?
有问题吗
Of course not.
当然没有
I weep for the future of science.
我为科学的未来流泪
Now if you'll excuse me, the latest issue of batman is out.
现在请允许我失陪了 新一期蝙蝠侠出版了
Come, leonard.
走吧 莱纳德
Laser demonstration's looking pretty good now, huh?
现在看来 那个激光器实验还不错吧
I love this time of the year.
我喜欢每年的这个时候
The leaves are turning, there's a bracing chill in the air.
落叶漫天飞舞 秋高气爽
Plus there's a whole new crop of female grad students
还有 校园里一整群女生
About to put on just enough winter weight
开始长刚刚好的秋膘
To make them needy and vulnerable.
让她们看起来既寒酸又易推倒
That's right, honey, have another calzone.
就是这样 宝贝 再来一份奶酪饼
Daddy can wait.
爸爸等着你
Isn't there a university policy against dating graduate students?
大学里没有规定 不能和研究生约会吗
No, if you can talk to them, you can ask them out.
没有 只要你搭得上讪 你就可以约一个
Damn, there's always a catch.
妈的 陷阱真是无处不在
Hey, guys.
你们好
Hey, leslie.
你好 莱斯利
So, dumbass, I heard you made a grad student throw up last night.
傻蛋 我听说你昨晚把一个研究生恶心吐了
The truth can indeed be a finger down the throat
事实才是伸到那些喜欢道听途说者的嗓子眼里
Of those unprepared to hear it.
让你呕吐的那根手指头
But why should I cater to second-rate minds?
不过我干嘛要跟二流智商的人解释这些呢
Because first-rate minds call you "dumbass"?
因为一流智商的人叫你傻蛋
Oh, yeah? well...
是吗 噢
You're a mean person.
你这个人真刻薄
Excuse me, dr. cooper,
打扰了 库珀博士
I'm ramona nowitzki.
我是拉蒙娜·诺维茨基
I was at your talk last night.
我昨晚上旁听了你的讲话
I think you're just brilliant.
我觉得你实在是个天才
That is the prevailing opinion.
大家都这么认为
Oh, now I'm gonna throw up.
我现在确实要吐了
Howard wolowitz, department of engineering,
霍华德·沃罗威茨 工程系
Co-designer of the international space station's liquid waste disposal system.
国际空间站废液处理系统的 设计师之一
Ew.
没兴趣
Dr. cooper, I've read everything you've published.
库珀博士 你发表的每一篇文章我都读过
I especially liked your paper on grand unification
我尤其赞成你那篇如何取得
Using string-network condensates
线形网状聚合物的大统一理论的论文
And were wondering how you determined
我很好奇你是怎么发现
That three-dimensional string-nets provided
三维线形网能够形成一张图
A unified picture of fermions and gauge bosons?
同时涵盖费米子 和定量波色子的
Amazing, an intelligent labradoodle.
奇迹啊 一只有智慧的拉布拉多犬
Woof.
你可以叫我伍夫
The fact is I'm quite close to a breakthrough
事实是我马上就能突破
In showing how neutrinos emerge from a string-net condensate.
中微子如何从线形网聚合物中显形 这一难题了
Oh, my god, that would change the way we view the entire physical universe.
天啊 那我们看物理学宇宙的方式 就彻底改变了
It's what I do.
我就是在做这个
You know, the pishkin-wolowitz liquid waste disposal system
其实 我们的平斯金-沃罗威茨 废液处理系统
Is turning a few heads as well.
也震动了一些人
Again, ew.
再说一次 没兴趣
You know, I'd love to hear more about how you intend to add neutrinos.
我还想听听 你打算如何增加中微子
Could we get a cup of coffee sometime?
我们什么时候一起喝杯咖啡好吗
I don't drink coffee.
我不喝咖啡
I do. I love me a cup of joe.
我喝 爱我 就请我喝一杯乔
Well, it doesn't have to be coffee.
那 不一定要喝咖啡
How about dinner?
晚餐好嘛
I do eat dinner.
我是得吃晚餐
Great. I know a terrific little italian place.
好极了 我知道一家非常棒的意大利小餐馆
I never eat in strange restaurants.
我不在奇怪的餐馆吃饭
One runs the risk of non-standard cutlery.
受不合格的餐具危害生命
Excuse me?
你确定
Sheldon lives in fear of the three-tined fork.
谢尔顿惧怕三尖叉子
Three tines is not a fork.
三尖的不是叉子
Three tines is a trident.
三尖的是三叉戟
Forks are for eating,
叉子 可以用来吃饭
Tridents are for ruling the seven seas.
三叉戟 只能治理七大洋[海神波塞冬的象征物和武器]
What if I brought food to your place?
那我打包带到你家吃怎么样
That would be acceptable.
这还差不多
On mondays, I eat thai food.
星期一 我吃泰国菜
Mee krob and chicken sate
泰式炒面和沙茶鸡
With extra peanut sauce from siam palace.
多来点暹罗的花生酱
You got it.
好吧
I already have your address.
我知道你住在哪
What a nice girl.
真是个好姑娘
Sheldon, do you have any idea what just happened?
谢尔顿 你知道刚才发生什么了吗
Yes. apparently I'm getting a free dinner.
当然 很明显我有免费的晚餐吃了
Oh, yeah, no, this thing's majorly out of order.
别试了 这东西大概是坏了
- See? - sorry.
-看 -不好意思
That's okay.
没什么
Guess I'm taking the stairs.
看来得走楼梯了
Where you going?
你到哪间
4-a.
4楼a
Oh, are you here to see leonard?
你是要去找莱纳德吧
No, dr. cooper.
不是 库珀博士
Dr. sheldon cooper?
谢尔顿·库珀博士
We're having dinner.
我们一起吃晚饭
Sheldon cooper?
谢尔顿·库珀
Tall, thin,
高高瘦瘦的
Looks a little like a giant praying mantis?
看着像只正在祈祷的大螳螂的那个?
He is cute, isn't he?
他很可爱 不是么
Sheldon cooper?
谢尔顿·库珀
Hi, leonard.
嗨 莱纳德
Hey, ramona. come on in.
嗨 拉蒙娜 请进
Thanks. where should I put this?
我该把吃的放哪
Uh, the kitchen's fine.
搁灶台上就行
Hey, what are you doing?
你干啥呢
I need to see this. uh-huh.
我一定要看看这个
The viewing area's right over there.
观众席就在那边
Sheldon, your girl... date... person... ramona's here.
谢尔顿 你的妞 约会对象 拉蒙娜来了
Oh, hello.
你好
Oh, sorry I'm late.
抱歉我来晚了
I just got so caught up reading the draft of your latest paper.
我赶着看你最新论文的草稿来着
Did you enjoy the humorous footnote
你喜不喜欢我那个注脚
Where I illustrate mirror-symmetry
把镜像对称性形容为
By likening it to the flash playing tennis with himself?
光和自己玩网球的比喻
So funny.
太有意思了
But the idea that you might be able to incorporate gravity,
我不得不说 一想到你可能把重力引入进去
I have to tell you, I found it physically exhilarating.
就让我浑身兴奋
My hypotheses tend to have that effect.
我的假设就是想有这种效果
I'm sorry I didn't bring enough For your friends.
抱歉 我没带够你朋友的份
I assumed we were going to be alone.
我以为就我们俩呢
No, we were just going.
我们正要走呢
To watch, right?
去看 对吧
No, come on, now, we're going out.
不 走吧 我们出去了
Oh, come on, we'll be quiet.
别 我们不出声
Let's go, let's go.
走吧走吧
Okay, you two.
你们俩
Have a nice...
玩的高兴点
Whatever this is.
不管这算什么
Okay, you guys, look, i know this is none of my business,
伙计们 听着 我知道这和我没关系
But I just... I have to ask--
不过我忍不住要问
What's sheldon's deal?
谢尔顿的取向是什么
What do you mean "deal"?
你说的取向指的是什么
You know, like what's his deal?
你知道的 就是他的取向嘛
Is it girls...? guys...? sock puppets...?
喜欢女生 男生 仿真娃娃
Honestly, we've been operating under the assumption
老实说 我们的假设是
That he has no deal.
他没有取向
Come on, everybody has a deal.
得了吧 每个人都有的
Not sheldon.
不包括谢尔顿
Over the years, we've formulated many theories
这些年来 我们列出了很多假设
About how he might reproduce.
关于他如何繁殖
I'm an advocate of mitosis.
我支持有丝分裂
I'm sorry?
什么意思
I believe one day sheldon will eat an enormous amount
我相信总有一天谢尔顿吃了足够多的泰国菜
Of thai food and split into two sheldons.
然后分裂成两个
On the other hand, I think sheldon
另一方面 我认为
Might be the larval form of his species,
谢尔顿处于他这种生物的幼虫阶段
And someday he'll spin a cocoon and emerge two months later
有一天他会结一个茧
With moth wings and an exoskeleton.
两个月后带着翅膀和外骨骼破茧而出
Okay, well, thanks for the nightmares.
谢谢让我做噩梦
Hey, do you want to hang out with us?
想和我们一起出去么
What are you guys gonna do?
你们几个去干嘛
My mom's making a brisket tonight.
我妈妈晚上做了鸡胸肉
The one with the little onions? mm...
带小洋葱的那种
Yeah, I'm busy, so...
我还有点事
Good night.
晚安
Her loss. let's go.
这是她的损失 我们走
Brisket party!
鸡胸肉聚会
B-to-the-r-to-the-i-s-k...
鸡呀嘛鸡 胸呀嘛胸
To-the-e-to-the-t...
肉呀嘛肉
Hey, aren't you having breakfast?
你不吃早饭
Yes.
吃呀
Are you experimenting with nutritional suppositories again?
你是不是又在做营养坐药的试验了
Not in these pants.
做那实验可不能穿这裤子
So... how'd it go with ramona last night?
昨晚和拉蒙娜过的怎么样
Oh, great. She's smart, insightful
好极了 她很聪明 有思想
And she has a very unique way of, you know, revering me.
而且她用她特有的方式 那个 崇拜我
Here's your spinach mushroom omelet .
你的菠菜蘑菇鸡蛋卷
Thank you.
谢谢
Did anyone touch it?
有没有人碰过
Gloves were worn by everyone involved. I was vigilant.
他们都带手套啦 我特别小心
Ramona pointed out that I've been wasting 20 minutes a day
拉蒙娜指出我每天都在餐厅排队上
Standing on cafeteria lines.
浪费了20分钟
Time which would be better spent
这些时间如果能用在攻克
Tackling the great physics problems of our day.
当今的物理学难题该多好啊
You don't tackle the big issues, ramona.
拉蒙娜你不用主动攻击那些大的课题
You fence with them.
你要回避之
En garde. riposte.
以守为攻是也
Touche.
所言极是
Morning.
早上好
Hi, leslie.
嗨 莱斯利
So, sheldon,
谢尔顿
I see you're organizing your papers for the smithsonian museum of dumbassery.
听说你在给史密森尼 傻蛋博物馆整理论文呢
There won't be any room
目前没有空缺
Until they get rid of the permanent leslie winkle exhibit.
除非他们能把永久馆藏的莱斯利·温克尔请出去
Oh, good one.
精妙
I see you got a grad student to fight your battles for you.
你找了个研究生护着你哈
I'll let you keep your lunch money today.
今天就不收你保护费了
Okay, dr. cooper is on the verge of a breakthrough.
库珀博士就要取得重大突破了
If you're going to stay,
如果你想待在这
You'll have to be respectful and quiet.
就必须心怀敬意 别出声
Wait for me.
等等我
So have you worked out the neutrino issue?
你解决了中微子那个问题了么
Well, to paraphrase mozart,
这就好像改写莫扎特的曲子
All the subatomic particles are there.
所有的次原子粒子都已经在那了
I just have to put them in the right order.
我要做的就是给它们排个序
You're so witty.
你真幽默
Aren't i?
不是么
Hey, guys, this package came for...
嗨 大家好 有快递给
Dr. cooper is working.
库珀博士正在工作
Yes, I'm close to a breakthrough.
我马上就会有新的突破啦
Ooh, it tickles!
好痒
Sorry.
不好意思
Holy crap on a cracker.
我的老天
Hey, penny.
嗨 佩妮
Hi. you probably don't want to go in there.
嗨 你不会想进去的
Why? what are they doing?
咋了 他们干嘛呢
The only way I could explain it
那种场景
Would be in a therapist's office with dolls.
只可能出现在放着洋娃娃的临床医生的诊室里
Hoo-boy.
好家伙
Dr. cooper's working.
库珀博士在工作
Yeah, I can see that.
看得出来
Sheldon, halo night, koothrappali's. you coming?
谢尔顿 光晕之夜 在库萨帕里家 你来么
Oh, yes, it's halo night.
当然 光晕之夜嘛
Let me just dry my tootsies.
等我擦脚
You're not going to halo night.
你不是要去光晕之夜吧
Yes, I am.
是要去
It's wednesday. wednesday's halo night.
今天周三 周三是光晕之夜
Didn't a great man once say, "science demands nothing less
不是有个伟大的人曾经说过 为科学别无所求
"than the fervent and unconditional dedication of our entire lives"?
为科学执着追求 为科学无条件 奉献一生么
He did.
是有人说过
And who was that great man?
那么那个伟大的人是谁呢
Me.
是我
Sorry, leonard.
抱歉莱纳德
Seriously? you're not coming?
搞笑 你真不来啦
You heard her. how can I argue with me?
你也听到了 我无法反驳自己
Okay, well, once again, you guys have a good...
好吧 再次祝你们开心
Whatever this is.
不管干嘛
Dr. cooper, I have to tell you
库珀博士 我不得不说
Your friends are holding you back.
你的朋友拉你后腿了
I prefer to think of it as "i'm pulling them forward."
应该这么想 我在带领他们前进
Halo night?
光晕之夜
A man with your intellectual gifts
像你这样极具天赋的人
Doesn't waste an evening playing video games.
是不会把整晚都浪费在打游戏上边的
He does on wednesdays.
他周三确实会
Not if he wants a nobel prize.
如果他想得诺贝尔奖就不会
He does want that.
他是想得
Does a man with my intellectual gifts
那像他一样极具天赋的人
Play paintball on weekends?
周末玩彩蛋射击么
What do you think?
你说呢
Drat.
惨了
Now shall we get back to work?
现在可以继续工作了吧
I suppose.
应该可以
Battlestar galactica comes on tonight.
今晚有播《太空堡垒卡拉狄加》
I guess I can wait for the dvd.
我也可以等DVD版
And then never ever watch it.
还是别再看了
Penny! penny!
佩妮 佩妮
Penny!
佩妮
Sheldon, honey, I've told you,
谢尔顿 亲爱的 我说过
It's a small apartment.
房子很小
You only have to knock one time.
只要敲一次门就行
Please, please, I don't have a lot of time.
求你了 我时间不多
Look, ramona finally dozed off,
听着 拉蒙娜终于睡着了
And I need you to help me get rid of her.
我要你帮我甩了她
Get rid of her how?
怎么甩了她
I don't know,
我不知道
But apparently I'm in some kind of relationship,
但显然我陷进某种关系里了
And you seem to be an expert at ending them.
而你似乎很擅长结束这种关系
Excuse me?
什么
I see man after man leaving this apartment never to return.
我见证了一个又一个男人从你屋子离开后就一去不回
Okay, first of all, it is not man after man.
首先 不是一个又一个男人
Dr. cooper?! hide me.
-库珀博士 -把我藏起来
Hide you?
把你藏起来
I formally request sanctuary.
我正式请求进入避难所
Why aren't you working?
你怎么没在工作
She distracted me.
她分散我的注意力
I told you, penny, I don't have time for your nonsense.
我跟你说了 佩妮 我没闲工夫跟你瞎胡闹
I have important things to do.
我有很重要的事要做
Oh, man.
老天
I know what's going on here.
我知道怎么回事
Really?
真的吗
Well, then will you explain it to me?
那你能给我解释一下吗
You're in love with dr. cooper.
你爱上库珀博士了
Uh, yeah, no, that's not it.
不 不是的
Don't try to deny it.
别狡辩了
He's a remarkable man,
他是个出色的男人
But you have to let him go.
但你必须放过他
Oh, gee, okay.
老天爷 没问题
I know it's hard, but he's a gift to the whole world,
我知道很难放手 但他是全世界的礼物
And we can't be selfish.
我们不能这么自私
Yeah, he's a gift all right.
对 他绝对是瑰宝
Sisters?
拉钩保证
Uh, sure.
当然可以
Sisters.
拉钩保证
Holy crap on a cracker.
极品级怪胎
Sheldon?
谢尔顿
What are you doing?!
你在干嘛
It's morse code.
这是莫尔斯电码
Why?
干嘛
So we can communicate through the wall.
这样我们才能隔墙通话
We are communicating through the wall.
我们不正在隔墙通话嘛
Yes, but the communication is not encrypted.
对 但通话没有加密
I don't know morse code.
我不懂莫尔斯电码
It's very simple.
很简单
This is a ... This is b ... this is c...
这是A 这是B 这是C
Sheldon, I'm not going to learn morse code at 3:00 in the morning!
谢尔顿 我不会在凌晨3点 学莫尔斯电码的
All right.
好吧
Don't come in here, don't come in here, don't come in here,
别进来 别进来 别进来
Don't... oh!
What's going on?
怎么回事
Shh! ramona's sleeping on the couch.
嘘 拉蒙娜正在沙发上睡觉
I know. when is she going home?
我知道 她什么时候回家
Never. that's the problem.
她不回家了 问题就在这
I need your help.
我要你帮忙
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
I'm invoking the skynet clause of our friendship agreement.
我要调用友情条约里的天网条款
That only applies if you need me
那个只能在你要我帮你
To help you destroy an artificial intelligence
摧毁你创造的夺取地球的
You've created that's taking over the earth.
人工智能机器人时才能用
Come on! don't nitpick!
行了 别挑剔了
Good night.
晚安
Shh. all right.
嘘 好吧
I'm invoking our body snatchers clause.
我调用夺身条款
The body snatchers clause requires me
夺身条款只能在你要我
To help you destroy someone we know
帮你摧毁我们知道被外星人
Who's been replaced with an alien pod.
附身的人
Yes. she's in the living room. go.
对 她就在客厅 快上
I'll wait here.
我在这等你
Sheldon, what are you doing out of bed?
谢尔顿 你怎么没睡觉
Now! do it!
现在 动手
You know you need your sleep
你得知道 你要好好睡觉
In order for your cognitive processing
这样你的认知过程
To perform at optimum levels. now come on.
才能表现在最佳水平 快走吧
Godzilla clause?
哥斯拉条款
Not unless she destroys tokyo.
除非她要摧毁东京
Rats.
小人
I've got it!
我搞定了
I finally reconciled the black hole information paradox
我终于用我的 链性网状结构固化物
With my theory of string-network condensates!
解决了黑洞资讯矛盾
It's unbelievable!
太不可思议了
It's paradigm-altering.
这是历史性的改变
And I could not have done it without you.
没有你我根本做不到
Oh, please, I just offered a little encouragement.
才怪 我只是给你一点鼓励而已
It was a lot more than that.
远不止这些
You helped me work out the masses of all the fermions
你帮我理清杂乱的费米子
And you pumiced my hammer toe.
你还帮我磨锤状趾
How can I ever repay you?
我该怎么报答你
Well, would you consider naming it the cooper-nowitzki theorem?
你能把它命名为库珀诺维茨基定理吗
Who's nowitzki?
谁是诺维茨基
I'm nowitzki.
我就是诺维茨基啊
Oh, you want me to share credit?
你要我分享这份荣誉
Uh-huh.
Get out!
滚出去
Oh, hey, hi.
你好
Oh, bite me!
我要去死
Sisters?
拉钩保证
Excuse me, dr. cooper.
打扰一下 库珀博士
I'm kathy o'brien.
我是凯西·奥布莱恩
I just finished reading your paper
我刚刚读完了你的
Reconciling the black hole information paradox
利用链性网状结构固化物
With your theory of string- network condensates,
解决黑洞资讯矛盾的论文
And it just took my breath away.
让我惊叹得喘不过气来
Maybe when I publish it, I'll include an inhaler.
等我发表了 我可以送你个人工呼吸器
Would you possibly have any time for me to pick your brain?
我能跟你交流一下吗
Let's see. today's thursday.
我想想 今天是周四
Thursday nights, I eat pizza from giacomo's.
周四晚 我吃雅阁墨的比萨饼
Sausage, mushrooms, light olives.
加香肠 蘑菇 少量橄榄油
Great. I'll bring it to your place.
好极了 我会带到你家去
I have the address.
我有你的地址
What a nice girl.
多好的姑娘
Sheldon, do you see what just happened here?
谢尔顿 你没看到刚刚发生的事吗
Yes, I'm getting a free pizza.
看到了 我有免费比萨吃了
I'm on a roll.
看我人气多高
More pad thai, please.
再来一份泰国菜吧
Sheldon, you've already had four servings.
谢尔顿 你已经吃了四份了
You might want to slow down a bit, buddy.
你还是吃慢点吧 老兄
Just one more bite.
就再吃一口
Sheldon?
谢尔顿
Sheldon, are you okay?
谢尔顿 你没事吧
I'm just so... full.
我只是吃撑了
That's it. no more thai food.
够了 不能再吃泰国菜了