I'm going out tonight, I'm feelin' alright
今晚我要出去 心情大好
Gonna let it all hang out
我要好好爽一下
Wanna make some noise, really raise my voice
放声歌唱 升三个八度
Yeah, I wanna scream and shout
耶 我要大唱大叫
De-de-de, de-de-de-de-de, uh
滴滴啦啦
No.. Morning, Sheldon. Come dance with me.
不 早安 谢尔顿 和我一起跳舞吧
Penny, while I subscribe to
佩妮 我支持"多个世界"理论
The "many worlds" theory which pots the existence
这个理论表明
Of an infinite number of sheldons
在无限个宇宙中存在着
In an infinite number of universes,
无限个谢尔顿
I assure you that in none of them am I dancing.
我向你保证其中没一个"我"是在跳舞的
Are you fun in any of them?
那这些"你"里有没有幽默一点的
The math would suggest
根据推算
That in a few I'm a clown made of candy.
其中有几个"我"是糖娃娃
But I don't dance.
但是绝不跳舞
Alright, want some French toast?
行吧 来点法式吐司不
It's oatmeal day.
今天是燕麦粥日
Tell you what, next French toast day, I'll make you oatmeal.
这样吧 下个法式吐司日 我给你煮燕麦粥
Dear lord, are you still going to be here on French toast day?
神啊 你还要在这赖到法式吐司日啊
Penny made French toast.
佩妮烤了法式吐司
Sorry I haven't given her your schedule yet.
抱歉我还没给她你的用餐日程表
It's an iCal download.
那是个iCal[Apple电子日程表]下载啊
She can put it right in her phone.
她可以直接下到手机里的
And I thought we agreed
而且我想咱们说好了的
That you'd have your conjugal visits in her apartment.
你们只在她那儿行房事
We did, but there were extenuating circumstances.
是说好了 但是现在是特殊情况
Did her abysmal housekeeping skills
她浑身的傻气
Finally trump her perkiness?
终于被她那盖世的家务活能力打压下去了是吗
No, her bed kind of... Broke.
不 是她的床有点散架了
That doesn't seem likely.
这是不太可能的
Her bed's of sturdy construction.
她的床的构造很结实
Even the addition of a second
就算多承重一个
Normal size human being wouldn't cause a structural failure,
正常体型的人类也不会引致其床架松动的
Much less a homunculus such as yourself.
更别提像你这样的小雏形人了
Perfectly formed miniature human being.
功能健全的迷你型人类
Oh, you're my little homunculus.
你这我的小宝贝雏形人
Okay, who wants syrup and who wants cinnamon sugar?
好啦 谁要普通糖浆谁要肉桂糖浆呀
I want a boyfriend whose roommate isn't a giant pain in the ass.
我想要个室友不是大混蛋的男朋友
I'm sure that will happen soon enough.
这个愿望很快就能实现了
But in the meantime, I still want oatmeal.
但我还是要燕麦粥
You know what, I give up.
得了 我投降
He's impossible.
怎么会有他这种人
I can't be impossible, I exist.
怎么会没有 我就是存在的
I believe what you meant to say is,
我相信你想说的是
"I give up, he's improbable."
"我投降 这种人几乎是不存在的"
Sheldon, you really need to find a better way
谢尔顿 你真得换个方式
Of dealing with penny.
和佩妮相处了
What am I supposed to do--
那我该怎么做
Eat french toast on a Monday?
在礼拜一吃法式吐司吗
Now, that would be impossible.
这种情况才是不存在的
I'm just saying, you can catch more flies with honey
我只是说 你想抓苍蝇的话得用蜂蜜
You can catch even more flies with manure.
你用粪粪还能抓更多呢
What's your point?
你到底想说什么
Boy, that does smell good.
天 还挺香的呢
Too bad it's Monday.
太遗憾了 今儿就是礼拜一
Okay, Kim the night manager went on maternity leave
我们经理基姆去休产假了
And her husband's name is Sandy, right?
她老公叫桑迪
Her replacement is a woman named Sandy
顶她班的是一个叫桑迪的女人
Whose husband's name is Kim.
而她老公叫基姆
What are the odds?
这什么概率哦
We begin by identifying a set of married couples
先找到几对双方都取中性名字的
We then eliminate those unqualified
然后剔除那些不适合
For restaurant work--
从事餐饮工作的
The aged, the imprisoned and the limbless, for example,
比如说年老的 坐牢的 残疾的
- Next we look at... - Sheldon--
-再然后就 -谢尔顿
It's an amazing coincidence.
这是一个奇妙的巧合
Can we leave it at that?
就这样了行吗
Ooh, Penny. It's as if the cheese-cake factory is run by witches.
喔佩妮 你们奶酪蛋糕工厂就好像是巫婆们开的
Ooh, Sheldon, it's as if you don't think I'll punch you.
喔谢尔顿 别以为我不会揍你
Come on, you guys, let it go.
行啦 你俩 别吵了
Would you like a chocolate?
你要吃巧克力吗
You said be nice to Penny.
你让我对佩妮好点的
I believe offering chocolate to someone
我觉得给别人喂巧克力
Falls within the definition of nice.
能够符合"好"的定义
But in my experience, you don't.
但就我观察 你这人不符合
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
何瑞修 宇宙间无奇不有
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
不是你的哲学全能梦想得到的[哈姆雷特 第一幕;第五景]
Obnoxious and insufferable.
讨厌而且让人难以忍受
What's going on, day dwellers?
日居者们 你们好啊
Oh, man, did the kiss army repeal "don't ask, don't tell"?
KISS[美重金属乐队]粉丝团也废除了"不许问不许说"[美军处理同性恋旧政策]吗
Raj and I are going to a goth club in Hollywood
我和拉杰要去好莱坞的哥特夜总会
To hang with the night people.
和夜猫子一起玩儿
Anybody want to come along?
有人想一起去吗
Oh, wow, you're actually going out like that?
你真要这样上街吗
I'm going out like this...
我要这样上街
Howard, what did you do?
霍华德 你做了些什么
They're called tattoo sleeves.
这叫纹身袖
I go them online! Raj got a set, too..
我在网上买的 拉杰也买了一身
Put them on, have hot sex with some freaky girl
穿上它 就能和前卫女孩
With her business pierced, take them off,
发生韵事 脱下他
I can still be buried in a jewish cemetery.
我依旧是个恪礼守节的犹太人
You know, I've always wanted
知道吗
To go to a goth nightclub.
我一直都想去哥特夜总会
None of you ever see my practical jokes coming, do you?
没有人能察觉到我的玩笑 对吧
Okay, how about you two?
你们俩去吗
Look, I've got some extra tatoo sleeves.
我还带了几个纹身袖
Why are you carrying extras?
你带那么多干什么
In case I snag one on someone's nipple ring.
万一被哪个女人的乳环刮破了好有个替换呀
Uh, yeah, I think we'll pass.
我们就不去了
Oh, is the missus speaking for the couple now?
你现在就得"妻管严"了吗
In this case, you bet she is.
这件事 肯定她说了算
Yes, she's pushy, and yes, he's whipped,
是啊 她很强势 他受压迫
But that's not the expression.
但是不能这么说
Come on, I want to stop at walgreens
快走 我要去沃尔格林药店
And pick up some more eyeliner.
再多买几支眼线笔
They're gonna get beaten up at that club.
他们在夜总会要被揍了
They're gonna get beaten up at walgreens.
我看他们在药店就会被揍
Oh, sorry, Sheldon.
抱歉 谢尔顿
I almost sat in your spot.
我差点坐在你的专座上
Did you? I didn't notice.
是吗 我都没注意
Have a chocolate.
给你块巧克力吧
I think we're fitting quite nicely.
我觉得我们很适合这里
It did help if you weren't drinking light beer.
要是你不喝低度啤酒就更好了
What's so gothic about vodka and cranberry juice?
喝伏特加和蔓越莓果汁就显得比我更有哥特风格吗
Hello? It looks like blood.
是啊 这看起来像在饮血
Did you even read the "wiki how" link
你没去看我发给你的
I sent you on being goth?
手把手学哥特风格的WikiHow链接吗
No, I'm behind on my wiki-reading.
没 我自己的东西还看不玩呢
I'm kind of on a John Grisham kick right now.
我正在读约翰·格里沙姆[法律惊悚小说《掮客》作者]
I finished reading The Pelican Brief
我看完了《绝对机密》
And loved it so much, I dived right into the client.
我太喜欢了 已经完全身临其境了
He was a lawyer himself,
他本身就是个律师
So his novels are accurate as well as entertaining.
所以他的小说内容的准确性和娱乐性都很强
Just remember we are lost boys, children of the night.
要记住 我们是浪荡子 暗夜之子
Great. Lost boys, children of the night.
好的 浪荡子 暗夜之子
Can you pass the chex mix please?
能帮忙把小吃递过来吗
I'm actually much more lost than he is.
其实我比他更放浪
Can we buy you ladies a drink?
能请两位小姐喝点东西吗
Light beers. "Wiki how" about that?
低度啤酒吗 "WiliHow"该把这个写进去
-I'm Howard. Raj. -I'm Bethany.
-我叫霍华德 拉杰 -我是贝萨妮
Nice to meet you, Bethany.
很高兴见到你 贝萨妮
Nice to meet you, too.
我也是
Not that anyone cares.
反正也没人关心
Do either of you ladies enjoy the novels of John Grisham?
两位小姐喜欢看约翰·格里沙姆的小说吗
What's this cartoon called again?
这动画片叫什么来着
Oshikuru: Demon samurai.
恶魔武士
Demon it's not a cartoon.
恶魔武士不是动画片
You know, I knew a girl in high school named Anna May.
高中时有个女生叫安娜·梅(Anime和Anna May谐音)
Anna May Fletcher.
安娜·梅·弗莱彻
She was born with one nostril.
她天生单鼻孔
Then she had this bad nose job
她后来的整鼻手术很失败
And basically wound up with three.
最后竟然弄成了三个鼻孔
You're here a lot now.
你现在经常混在这儿了
Oh, am I talking too much?
我话太多了吗
You know what,hold on.
请你稍等一下
Let me take this in the hall.
我到楼道里去接电话
You'll never guess who they got to replace you at work.
你绝对想不到他们找谁来接替你的工作
Okay, I know what you're doing.
我知道你在干什么了
Yes, you're ung chocolates as positive reinforcement
你在用巧克力做正面教法
For what you consider correct behavior.
对你认为良好的行为进行奖励
No, I don't want any chocolate!
我不想要什么巧克力
You can't train my girlfend like a lab rat.
你不能拿我女朋友当实验鼠一样对待
Actually, it turns out I can.
事实证明 我可以
well, you shouldn't.
你不应该这么做
There's just no pleasing you, is there, Leonard?
莱纳德 就是没法让你满意 是吧
With my previous approach to dealing with her,
我之前那样对她
So I decided to employ operant conditioning techniques,
所以我决定根据桑代克和B.F.斯金纳的理论
Building on the works of thorndike and B.F. Skinner.
采取操作性条件反射的办法
By this time next week,
下周的这个时候
I believe I can have her jumping out of a pool,
我相信我能让她从水池里一跃而出
Balancing a beach ball on her nose
用鼻子平衡塑料气球
No, this has to stop now.
不行 这一套必须打住
I'm not suggesting we really make her jump out of a pool.
我不是真的建议让她从水池里跳出来
I thought the "bazinga" was implied.
我以为你该听出了我的"才怪了"
We're just tweaking her personality.
咱们不过是调整她个性
Sanding off the rough edges, if you will.
用另一种说法 就是把那些粗糙表面磨磨光
No. You're not sanding Penny.
不行 你不能磨佩妮
Are you saying that I am forbidden
你是说不许我使用
From applying a harmless, scientifically valid protocol
能让改进我们生活的
That will make our lives better?
无害的科学有效的正常手段
Yes. You're forbidden.
是的 我不许
So, what do you guys do?
那你们俩是做什么的
Oh, you know, goth stuff.
就是些 哥特东西喽
Goth magazines, goth music.
哥特杂志喽 哥特音乐喽
Uh. Blackened salmon?
呃 黑焦三文鱼?
No, I meant what do you do for jobs?
不是 我是问你们的工作
Oh, we're scientists.
我们是科学家
Yeah, you know, the dark sciences.
当然 是黑科学的
What are the dark sciences?
什么是黑科学
Well, I am an astrophysicist,
我是个天体物理学家
And a lot of that takes place at night.
很多工作都要在晚上进行
When there are vampires
那时候也有吸血鬼呀
And miscellaneous undead out and about.
僵尸呀什么的到处乱跑
That sounds really cool.
听起来很酷啊
Does it? Okay. If you like space stuff,
真的吗 好吧 要是你喜欢宇宙那类的
I design components for the international space station,
我设计国际太空站的部分呢
Where, as I'm sure you know, no one can hear you scream.
你肯定知道 那里没人能听到你喊叫
So, what do you gals do?
那么 两位女士是做什么的
I work at the gap.
我在盖普服装店
Really? How about that? I've been to the gap.
真的 可真有趣 我曾经去过盖普啊
I've been there, as well.
我也去过
I like your t-shirts with the little pocket.
我喜欢你们那种有小口袋的T恤衫
I work the, too. Not that anyone cares.
我也在那儿上班 反正也没人关心
You know, this place is boring.
这地方真无聊
Yeah why don't we go somewhere else and have some fun?
可不 咱们去别的地方开心开心吧
Sure we like fun.
当然 我们喜欢开心
We are fun people.
我们是开心的人
Come on. I know a place you'll really dig.
来吧 我知道一个地方你们肯定喜欢
Did you bring the black condoms?
你带来黑色避孕套吗
In my fanny pack.
就在腰包包里啦
My god, she didn't!
天啊 她没有吧
What could she possibly be talking about for so long?
她究竟在说什么要这么久
Obviously, waitressing at the cheesecake factory
显然 在芝士蛋糕厂做招待
Is a complex socioeconomic activity
是个复杂的社会经济性活动
That requires a great deal of analysis and planning.
而且需要相当多的研究与计划
You know, using positive
知道么 采用
Reinforcement techniques, I could train that behavior
正面鼓励式方法 我能在一个星期之内
Out of her in a week.
让她改变这个恶习
If you let me use negative reinforcement,
要是你让我用负面鼓励法
I can get it done before we go to bed.
睡觉前我就能做到
You're not squirting her in the face with water.
你不能用水喷她的脸
We're talking very mild electric shocks.
我说的是十分轻微的电击法
No tissue damage whatsoever.
连组织损伤都不会有
Oh, come on. You can't tell me
你不可能告诉我
That you're not intrigued out the possibility
给你打造一个更好的女朋友
Of building a better girlfriend.
让你一点都不动心
Well, and Penny's qualities, both good and bad,
佩妮的个性 好的和坏的
Are what make her who she is.
合成了她这个人
You mean, like that high-pitched, irritating laugh?
你是说 比如那个让人无法忍受的尖笑声
You wouldn't prefer a throaty chuckle?
你就不想希望一个低嗓门的笑声吗
You're not changing how Penny laughs.
不许你改变佩妮的笑声
No, that would be incongruous.
那才是荒诞呢
I was going to lower the whole voice
我打算把她的声音整体降低
To a more pleasing register.
到一个令人愉快的音区
Ugh. Sorry, guys.
对不起啦 伙计
That girl is freaky.
那丫头是个怪物
Are you seriously going to damage your body
你真打算破坏你的身体
Just for the possibility you could have cheap sex
就为了有可能吊上一个
With a strange girl you met in a bar?
在酒吧里遇到的马子?
What is your mother going to say?
你妈妈会怎么说
She's not going to see it.
她根本看不到那里
She takes my temperature orally now.
她现在量我体温都是放嘴里的
What are you going to get, Howard?
霍华德 你打算要什么样的
Well, I can't really decide
我不知道该选
Between a screaming devil, this mean little skull,
尖叫魔鬼 骇人小头骨
Or kermit the frog.
或是青蛙柯米特
Kermit the frog? You know.
青蛙柯米特
Hi-ho. I'm on Howard's butt.
你好 我在霍华德的屁股上
Get the mean little skull,
刺个骇人小头骨
And I'll see if I can make him smile.
我会让它笑起来
Yeah, I'd like the mean little skull, please.
请给我刺一个骇人小头骨
What are you going to get, Raj?
你要什么 拉杰
With my luck, hepatitis.
像我这种运气 肝炎差不多
Okay, here we go.
好了 我们开始
That's just rubbing alcohol.
只擦了点酒精棉花
I know, but it was cold.
我知道 但凉凉的
I'm putting on the stencil.
我在放图案
What comes after the stencil
放完后怎么做
No needle. No pain. No tattoo.
不刺针 不痛苦 不纹身
What's the big deal? You've done this before.
小事一桩而已 你又不是没纹过
I'm sorry. I'm a fraud.
抱歉 我骗了你们
We're both frauds.
我们都说谎了
Yeah, I think I covered that.
我不是已经说过了吗
But I was summing up.
我是在总结
We're not Goth. We're just...guys.
我们不是哥特 我们只是普通人
Very, very smart guys.
非常 非常聪明的人
So you were totally scamming us?
那你们一直在骗人
And I wouldn't blame you if you
要是你想离开再也不想见到我们
Walked out of here and never wanted to see us again.
我也不会怪你
Unless, of course,our bold honesty
除非 这突如其来的坦率
Has suddenly made us attractive
给我们增添了无限魅力
I'm leaving, too. Not that anyone cares.
我也要走了 反正也没人关心
When we tell this story, let's end it differently.
等回去说起此事时 要编个不一样的结局
What are you thinking? Maybe a big musical number?
你在想什么 是不是还要来一段歌舞
Well, I'm going to make some warm milk and then turn in.
我弄点热牛奶就进去睡了
I trust if you two are planning on engaging
我相信如果你们打算
In amorous activities,
亲热的话
You'll keep the decibel level to a minimum.
会尽量小声点的
Mmm. These are so good.
味道真好
I-I was just thinking
我刚在想
We should probably turn in, too.
我们也该进房睡了
Well, you know, my new bed got delivered. If you come over
我的新床送来了
And put it together, you can stay at my place.
如果你过来把它组装好 就能睡在我那里了
Really? That's a lot of work, and it's kind of late.
是吗 但得花不少时间 而且现在有点晚了
Yeah, but if we stay there, we won't have tbe quiet.
但那样我们就不用小声了
Sex works even better than chocolate to modify behavior.
在修正行为方面 性爱比巧克力更有效
I wonder if anyone else has stumbled onto that.
不知道有没有人研究过这点
Okay, wait. How about this?
等等 这个故事怎么样
We say there were four goth girls.
有四个哥特女孩
The two girls in the club have two friends.
酒吧里有两个女孩 她们还有两个朋友
I like it, I like it.
不错 不错
Did they smell good despite their goth-like nature?
虽然她们是哥特 但她们的味道香吗
What's that got to do with the story?
这有什么关系
Engaging my olfactory sense helps make it real for me.
加上嗅觉的描述 我觉得比较真实
Fine, they smelled good
好吧 她们闻起来香香的
Oh, they did. Like jasmine and honeysuckle
确实 就像茉莉和金银花
And then they held hands and did a sexy, demonic
她们手拉手 对我们疯狂的
Hokey pokey for us.
做下流动作
No, no. Ok, let me just say my story all the way through
不不 先让我把故事说完
And then you can say yours, and then we'll pick.
你再说你的 然后我们再选
I'm sorry. Go on.
抱歉 你继续说
Okay. We got tattoos,
我们去纹了身
- And then the four girls took us to their place - But we don't have tattoos.E.
-然后四个女孩带我们到她们的住所 -但我们没有纹身
What if someone asks to see our tattoos?
万一有人要看纹身 怎么办
We say they're in a very intimate area.
我们就说纹在了非常私密的部位
Oh, we're bad boys, aren't we?
我们太坏了 不是吗
So, we go back to their place
再回头说她们的住所
And then the six of us end up in a hot tub.
最后我们六个人倒在热气腾腾的浴缸中
But we just got tattos.
但我们刚纹了身
Wouldn't we be concerned about bacterial infection?
我们不怕细菌感染吗
True. Okay. Forget the hot tub.
对 那不要浴缸这段了
The point is, we each had a ménage with sexy goth girls.
重点是我们都和火辣的哥特女孩亲热
What a great night.
今晚太棒了
Hey, want to try a country bar tomorrow night?
明晚去乡村酒吧碰运气吗
Maybe we'll get lucky with some sexy cowgirls.
也许我们能钓上几个牛仔女孩
I wonder how they smell.
不知道她们闻起来什么味道