大侦探波洛 第四季 Agatha Christie's Poirot Season 4 第1集: ABC谋杀案 The ABC Murders

上映日期: 0

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 悬疑 / 犯罪

导演: 安德鲁·格里弗 / 史蒂芬·惠特克 / 罗斯·大卫尼斯

演员: 大卫·苏切 / 休·弗拉瑟 / 菲利普·杰克森 / 尼古拉斯·法瑞尔 / 莎拉·伍德沃德 / 克里斯托弗·埃克莱斯顿 / 彼得·布莱斯 / 唐纳德·道格拉斯


台词
中文字幕提供:八十古风英文字幕及特效合成: 好汉007
-= 大侦探波洛探案集 =-
第4季第1集ABC谋杀案
Poirot!
波罗!
Ah!
啊!
Hastings!
黑斯廷斯!
Oh, mon ami.
噢 我的朋友
Get a couple of nice handbags out of thin.
这是从几个漂亮的手提包里找到的
I'll take care of that, thank you.
我会照顾好的 谢谢
Who is your friend, Hastings?
你朋友叫什么 黑斯廷斯?
Oh, this is Cshrin.
哦 这是塞德里克
He's a ceimen.
他是条凯门鳄
I shot him on the Oriesco,
我是在离拉阿巴纳几英里远的
a few miles upstream from La Urbana.
上游奥里诺科河里射中他的
We'd been in portage eroeeb white meter all dab,
我们沿着白河搬运了一整天
and I was pretty exhausted.
弄得我精疲力尽
I can tell you, it's some distance
我可以告诉你 那距离
Hastings.
黑斯廷斯
What's that, old chap?
怎么了 伙计?
You must tell me the story
你可以晚点再告诉我
in full detail later.
故事细节
I think these gentlemen wish tn get home tn beh.
我想这些先生们该回家休息了
Oh, right.
噢 是啊
So how have you been these last six months?
那么这六个月你过得怎么样?
Busy?
忙吗?
No, the little gray cells,
不 这些灰色小细胞
I fear they grow the rust.
我怕他们都快生锈了
When the date approached for your return,
当你的归期临近时
I said to myself “Now something will arise.”
我就对自己说:“一定会有事情出现”
We will hunt again together, we two.
我们又要一同“捕猎”了 只有我们俩
Sorry.
抱歉
But it must be no common affair, Hastings.
可它必须是件非比寻常的事 黑斯廷斯
It must be something recherche, ddlicate, fine.
肯定是件考究的 鲜美的 精妙的事
Anyone would think you were ordering dinner et the Ritz.
任何人都会以为你是在丽兹饭店点菜
Sorry.
抱歉
Where are we going?
咱们这是去哪?
I thought we were going to my hotel first.
我以为我们要先去我的旅馆
There in nn hotel, Hasthing,
没什么旅馆 黑斯廷斯
until you can reclaim your apartment,
在你收回你的公寓以前
you stay with Poirot.
你就和波罗住吧
Oh, I say.
噢 我就说嘛
This superfine crime of yours hasn't turned up yet, I suppose.
这个超级精妙的犯罪还没发生吧 我想
Pas encore.
还没呢
At least, I am not sure.
至少,我还不确定
This is awfully decent of you, Poirot.
你这里体面的吓人 波罗
Well, not at all, mon ami.
哦 一点也不 我的朋友
I need you where I can keep an eye on you,
我让你住这儿是为了监视你
to protect you frow the heauties with the auburn hair, coy
保护你免遭那些红褐色发美女的毒手 不好嘛?
What did you mean just now when you said you weren't sure,
你刚才说你不确定是什么意思?
about the unberfine crime?
是关于那个超级精妙的犯罪?
Hastings...
黑斯廷斯...
Ah, Hastings, you've forgotten your crocodile.
啊 黑斯廷斯 你忘了你的鳄鱼
I would rather its curious swell wus confined to your bedroom.
我希望只有你的卧室才有这种怪味道
Well, it was a present for you, actually, Poirot.
呃 其实这是给你的礼物 波罗
For me, Hastings?
给我的 黑斯廷斯?
Oh. that is beautiful.
噢 它太漂亮了
I mean, if you don't like it...
我是说 如果你不喜欢的话
No, Hastings, it adds a certain je ne sais quoi
不 黑斯廷斯 它有种特殊的气息
do you not think?
你不觉得吗?
Well, I thought so.
哦 我也这么想
The chap who stuffed it for me
帮我把他做成标本的家伙说
said the smell would go away after about a moath or so.
这气味大约一个月后会消散
Well, I like the smell, Hastings.
我喜欢这气味 黑斯廷斯
One feels braced.
能使人振作
It brings to London the jungle.
它把丛林带到了伦敦
Good.
太好了
For one awful moment,
一个可怕的时刻,
I thought you might not like old Cedric.
我还以为你不会喜欢老塞德里克呢
No.
He's a ceiwen.
他是条凯门鳄
I shot him when we were still up in Venezuela
我是在委内瑞拉射中他的...
Hastings, it is a week since I received this letter.
黑斯廷斯 我一星期前收到了这封信
What do you make of it?
你对此有何看法?
“Mr.Hercule Poirot,
“赫尔克里·波罗先生
“You fancy yourself, don't you,
你乐于解决那些
“at solving mysteries that are too difficult
令我们可怜又愚蠢的
“for our peer, thickheaded British police?
英国警察们难以应付的迷案 不是吗?”
“Let us see, Mr. Clever Poirot,
“让我们看看聪明的波罗先生
“just how clever you can be.
到底有多聪明”
“Perhaps you'll find this nut too hard to crack.
“也许你会发现这枚坚果硬的难以敲碎”
“look out for Andover on the 21st of the month.
“请于本月21号留意安多弗”
Yours sincerely A.B.C.”
“ABC谨启
A.B.C.?
Typed, thick paper
打印的 厚纸
postmark London WC1.
邮戳是伦敦WC1区
What is your opinion, Hastings?
你有什么高见 黑斯廷斯?
Some mndman, I suppose.
八成是个疯子 我猜
A madman is a very dangerous thing, my friend.
一个疯狂的人是极度危险的 我的朋友
Wait a minute.
等一下
Today's the 21st.
今天就是21号
What have you done about it?
你要怎么做?
Did you go to Andover?
你会去安多弗吗?
Hastings, as always, the man of action, eh?
黑斯廷斯总是个行动派 嗯?
What is there to do?
该做什么呢?
There are no fingerprints.
这上面没有指纹
No clues to the possible writer.
没有任何写信人的线索
Well. don't blame me
到时可别怪我
if there's a story in the papers tomorrow
如果明天报纸上刊登了
about a whacking great robbery near Andover.
安多弗附近发生了惊人的重大抢劫案
What a comfort that would be.
那样我倒放心了
A comfort?
放心?
It would dispossess my mind of the fear of something else.
我预计的是比这更糟的事
Of what?
什么事?
Of murder, my friend.
谋杀! 我的朋友
Cream, crackers--yes.
奶油 饼干--是的
Edwards' Desiccated Soup.
爱德华记的汤粉
Yes.
是的
Sausages?
香肠?
I can't go carrying sausages around all afternoon.
我不能一下午都揣着香肠到处逛
No.
不行
My desk isn't a blooming larder, Emily.
我的书桌可不是食品柜 艾米丽
Supposing someone
如果有人...
I'll do that, sir
我晚点再给你打过去 长官
Chief Inspector.
总督查
Ah. Morning, Poirot.
啊 早上好 波罗
Well well well.
哇哇哇
If it isn't Captain Hastings,
这不是黑斯廷斯上尉嘛!
back from his holidays in the wilds of whatchamacallit.
从他那个不知其名的蛮荒之地度假回来了
Sit down, sit down.
请坐 请坐
Looking well too.
看来也不赖嘛
Getting a bit thin on top, though, eh?
虽然有点儿谢了顶 嗯?
Well. I don't know. I
哦 我不知道 我
You'll be rivaling Monsieur Poirot soon.
你快赶上波罗先生了
Chief lnspector,
总督查
do you know that Captain Hastings
你知道黑斯廷斯上尉
has brought me back as a present a crocodile?
给我带回了一样礼物吗 一条鳄鱼?
A caiwan, actually.
其实是条凯门鳄
I bagged him while we were still up in Venezuela.
我是在委内瑞拉捕到他的
We'd been in portage around white water all day, and--
我们沿着白河搬运了一整天 而且--
And to what do I owa the pleasure of this visit?
那我该如何报答你们这次的登门拜访?
Well, today is the 22nd, Chief Inspector.
哦 今天是22号了 总督查
Yeah.
是啊
You recall the anonymous letter.
你还记得那封匿名信?
Oh, yes. Beware the 21st.
噢 是啊 留意21号
Andover, wasn't it,you mentioned?
你说的是安多弗吧?
Oui.
是的
Just to keep you happy.
只是为了逗你开心
Get me Inspector Glen at Andover, will yoe?
给我接安多弗的格伦督查 好吗?
We get these anonymous letters every day of the week.
我们这个星期每天都接到这类匿名信
Peegle with nothing better to do
现在的人都吃饱了没事干
and a bit weak in the top story, right?
而报纸头条又没什么热点 对吗?
Hello, Dennis?
你好 丹尼斯吗?
Japp.
贾普
How are you?
你好吗?
Now, listen.
你还记得
Do you remember that anonymous letter I told you about?
我给你说过的那封匿名信吧?
Yeah.
是的
Oh? Really?
噢? 真的?
Right.
没错
Yes, I better.
好的 我尽量
Right-o.
就这样
Well?
怎么样?
Well, I don't suppose it means anything,
哦 我不觉得这意味着什么
but an old woman who kept a tobacco and newspapar shop
可有个开店卖烟和报纸的老女人
in Andover was battered to death last night.
昨晚在安多弗被打死了
Alen says they think they can lay their hands
格伦说他们能很快地
on the man who did it, though.
抓到凶手 不过
All the same, I'll pop down there and have a dekko.
我还是会顺便过去看看
What was the name of the woman, Chief lnspector?
这女人叫什么 总督查?
Ascher, Mrs. Alice Ascher.
埃希尔 爱丽丝·埃希尔太太
No, I mean, the thing is,
不,我是说 其实
there was no money taken out of the till.
抽屉里没多少钱可拿
So, I mean, one would expect
所以 人们都以为
that they would have been after the money.
他们会一直找下去
-Oh, Poirot. -Chief Inspector.
- 哦 波罗 - 总督查
This is Inspector Glen.
这是格伦督查
He's in charge of the case.
他负责这个案子
How do you do?
你好吗?
Looks pretty straightforward.
案情看上去挺明瞭
The victim's Alice Asoder, 60 years old,
受害者爱丽丝·埃希尔 60岁
struck down behind her counter by a heavy blow to the head.
头部遭受重击死在她的柜台后面
And do you suspect the busband?
你们怀疑她丈夫?
We do.
是的
We haven't been able to find anyone yet
目前我们还没发现
who saw Ascher in the neighborhood,
附近有谁见过埃希尔
but, of course, it's early days.
可是 当然 现在还早着呢
Did Mr. Ascher live with his wife, Inspector?
埃希尔先生和她妻子同住吗 督查?
No, they separatde some years ago.
不 他们几年前分居了
Ascher's a German.
埃希尔是个德国人
Used to be a waiter, but he tood to drink.
曾经做过招待 但他染上了酒瘾
Well, perhaps you should look at this, Inspector.
也许 你该看看这个 督查
Famous anonymous letter,
那封有名的匿名信 嗯?
The body was found in this corner, yes?
尸体是在这个角落发现的 是吗?
Yes, Iaying sort of huddled.
是的 蜷缩着躺在地上
This doesn't read like Ascher.
这看上去不是埃希尔写的
I doubt if he's got the write for it.
我怀疑他根本写不出来
It's odd that the letter should mention
虽然里面提到的
the 21st of the month, though.
本月21号是有点奇怪
Course, might be a coincidence.
当然 也许只是个巧合
I do not like that kind of coincidence, lnspector.
可我不喜欢这样的巧合 督查
Nothing was missing from the shop
店里没少东西?
No, money in the till seems undisturbed.
没有 抽屉里的钱看来没动过
Nu signs of robbery.
没有盗窃的迹象
Something has been added, perhaps.
也许多了点什么东西
Added?
多了?
An ABC railway guide?
一本ABC铁路指南?
She must have been looking up trains from Aedover.
她肯定是在查安多弗的火车路线
Or a customer.
或是某个顾客查的
Fingerprints?
有指纹吗?
Only Mrs.Ancher's, as far as we can tell, so far.
目前我们只找到埃希尔太太的指纹
My God, Hastings.
我的天 黑斯廷斯
Wedding picture.
结婚照
A beautiful woman, n'estp as?
一个漂亮的女人 不是吗?
Yes.
是啊
Look at this room, Poirot.
看看这屋子 波罗
All that's left of a life:
留下的这些生活印记:
couple of broken china oreaments,
两个残旧的瓷器饰品
photograph,
一张照片
new pair of stockings.
一双新的长筒袜
Hastings.
黑斯廷斯
Let us not become sentimental.
别把我们都弄得伤感了
There is nothing more for us here.
这里没什么可查的了
Come.
走吧
Dear, oh, dear.
哎呀!哎呀!
Something is amiss, Chief lnspector?
出什么事了 总督察?
I've been trying to get a list of people
我试着在列一份
who were seen coming in here.
进过这里的人员名单
And no one's seen anybody?
是不是没人见过有谁进来?
Oh, they've seen people, all right.
噢 他们看见了 没错
Three tall men with furtive walks,
三个神情诡异的高个子男人
four short men with black mustaches,
四个胡子黝黑的矮男人
two men with beards,
两个络腮胡的男人
three fat men,
三个胖男人
one man with a peculiar hat,
一个戴着怪帽子的男人
and if I am to believe what they say,
如果我相信他们说的话
every one of them had a sinister expression.
那他们每个人看来都面目狰狞
Does anyone claim to have seen this man, Ancher?
没人声称看到过埃希尔吗?
oh, no, nothing helpful like that.
噢 没有 没这类事
She never knew what hit her.
她绝不会知道是被什么打的
Struck in the back of the head.
脑后部遭受重击
You can't believe
你很难相信
it's the same woman as in the photograph, can you?
她和相片里是同一个女人吧 是吗?
Well, yes, Hastings, you can see the line of the jaw,
不 黑斯廷斯 你可以看看下颚的线条
the bones, the strenturn of the head.
骨头和头部的结构
Did she have any children?
她有子女吗?
No.
没有
But there's a niece.
但有个外甥女
Name of Mary Drower.
叫玛丽·德劳尔
She's in service out near Overton.
她在奥弗顿附近当仆人
Steady young women, they say.
据说是个踏实的姑娘
The weapon hasn't been found, of course.
当然 凶器还没找到
A weighted stick, club, something like that.
应该是加重过的手杖 棍棒之类的东西
Would there be needed much force to strike such a blow?
造成这样的伤口需要很大的力气吗?
Meeaning, I suppose,
你的意思就是说
would a shaky old man of 70 like Ascher do it?
一个颤巍巍的七十岁老人比如埃希尔这样的能否办到?
Perfectly possible,
完全可能
given sufficient weight in the head of the weapon.
只要在凶器前端加上足够的重量就行
I haven't done nothing!
我什么也没干!
It is a shame and a scandal to bring me here!
把我带到这儿真是丢面子!
Let ma go!
放我走!
Schweinhund!
蠢猪!
How dare you!
你们怎么敢这样!
Stop.
停一下
I haven't done nothing.
我什么都没干!
I'm not charging you with anything yet, Aschnr,
我还没指控你什么呢 埃希尔
and you're not obliged to say anything.
你也没必要说什么
I did not kill her.
我没杀她
It is all lies!
那些都是谎话!
You threatened to often enough.
你经常威胁她
No, that was a joke.
不 那只是玩笑而已
Take him away.
把他带下去
Detained on suspicion.
作为疑犯关押起来
I never did go near Alice.
我从没靠近过爱丽丝
I haven't done anything!
我什么都没干!
Let me go!
放我走!
You perceive, Hastings?
你注意到了吗 黑斯廷斯?
There is already one further point in the favor
已经有一点可以证明
of the innocence of Monsieur Ascher.
埃希尔先生是无辜的
-Really? -Oh, yes.
- 真的? - 哦 是的
If he had been abusing and threatening his wife,
如果他殴打并威胁他妻子
she would have been facing him over the counter.
那她应该是隔着柜台面对着他
Bet instead, she had her bend to her assailant.
可事实上 她是背对着凶手
Obviously, she is reaching for some tobacco
很明显 她正在拿烟草
or cigarettes for a customer.
或者香烟给某个顾客
I think it is you who are Mademoiselle Mary Drower.
我想你就是玛丽·德劳尔小姐
Will you not sit down, mademoiselle?
你不坐下吗 小姐?
No, thank you, sir.
不了 谢谢你 先生
I daresay the mistress wouldn't mind,
我敢说女主人不会介意的
but I'd rather not while she's out.
但我不愿在女主人不在时这么做
You were fond of your aunt.
你很喜欢你的姨妈吧
Oh, it's terrible.
噢 这太可怕了!
Poor Auntie. Such a hard life she'd had too.
可怜的姨妈 她的生活已经够苦了
She was always so good to me, Auntie was.
她一直对我关怀备至 姨妈总是这样
And all the trouble she had with that German devil.
而她所有的烦恼都源自那个德国恶魔
It wan awfel, the things he used to say,
他经常说些可怕的话
that he'd cut her throat and such like.
说他会割断她喉咙之类的
Swearing and cursing too.
还咒骂她
It's dreadful to think, sir, what people come to.
一想到人会变成这样真觉得可怕 先生
Mademoiselle, if you should need me at any time,
小姐 如果你什么时候需要我的话
you will be sure to contact me, yes?
你一定要联系我的 对吗?
Is there something queer going on, sir?
是不是会发生什么怪事 先生?
Yes, my child.
是的 我的孩子
Something queer is going on.
会有怪事发生的
But later, you may be able to helb me pethaps.
但日后你也许能帮我的忙
Wwll, I'll do anything, sir.
哦 我会尽力做任何事的 先生
It wasn't right, Auntie being killed.
姨妈被杀真是天理不容
Well?
怎么样?
I think that Monsieur Ascher
我觉得埃希尔先生
is a suspect most unlikely, Hastings.
最不可能是凶手 黑斯廷斯
What about the girl then?
那么这个女孩呢?
It is always possible, of course, but with what motive?
当然 一切都有可能 可动机是什么呢?
I see what you mean.
我懂你的意思
If only he'd left a clue.
如果他留下过一丝线索
Ah. the clue.
啊 线索
It is always the clue that attracts you, yes, Hastings?
最吸引你的总是线索 是吗 黑斯廷斯?
Alas, our murderer, he did not smoke a cigarette exotique,
阿拉斯 我们的一位凶手 他不抽外国烟
leave the ash on the floor,
把烟灰弹在地上
and then step on the ash
然后又用鞋踩了上去
with shoes that have nails of a pattern most curious.
从而给我们留下了最奇特的线索
He's most unobliging, our murderer.
我们的这位凶手是最不帮忙的
But at least, mon ami, you have the railway guide:
但至少 我的朋友 你还有本铁路指南:
A.B.C.
Now there is a clue for you.
你现在就有了一个线索
You wean, you don't think he left it there by mistake?
你是说 你认为那是凶手故意留在那里的?
No, he left it on purpose.
是的 他放在那儿是有目的的
The fingerprints tell us thet.
是指纹告诉了我们
But, Poirot, there weren't fingerprints on it.
但是 波罗 上面没有任何人的指纹
Exactemente, Hastings.
是的 黑斯廷斯
Our murderer, he is in the dark and seeks to remain in the herk.
我们的谋杀犯 他在暗处而且还想一直躲在暗处
But in the very nature of things,
但从事物的自然规律看来
he cannot hely to throw the light upon himself.
他总会把自己暴露于阳光底下的
What do you think, Poirot
你觉得怎么样 波罗?
Excellent, Hastings.
太好了 黑斯廷斯
Most artistic. Well done.
很有艺术感 干得好
You don't think he's a bit overpowering?
你不觉得有点过头吗?
We can find somewhere else for the fruit bowl.
我们换个地方放果盆吧
What we could ho--
我们能做的就是...
There's another letter, Hastings.
又来了一封信 黑斯廷斯
Sorry?
什么?
Another letter from A.B.C.
又一封来自ABC的信
“Dear Mr. Poirot,
“亲爱的波罗先生”
“Well, the Andover business went with a swing, didn't it?
“安多弗的事件已顺利进行 不是吗?"
“First game to me, I think,
“我想这只是我的首场游戏”
“but the fun's only just beginning.
“可游戏才刚刚开头”
“Let me dram your attention Bexhill-ne-Sea.
“让我把您的注意力引去贝克斯希尔海滨吧”
“Date: the 25th inst.
“日期:本月25号”
“What a merry time we are having.
“我们正在经历的是一段多么快乐的日子啊!”
Yours sincerely, A.B.C.”
“ABC谨启”
Good God.
上帝 上帝!
I fear that the death of Madame Ascher
恐怕埃希尔太太之死
is only the beginning, Hastings.
只是个开头 黑斯廷斯
There's no doubt that the two letters
两封信无疑是
were typed on the same machine, I suppose.
用同一台机器打的 我认为
No, and we can fairly assume
是的 现在我们能肯定
that the writer was responsible for your murder in Andover.
写信人与安多弗谋杀案有关
Now we have definite warning of a second crime
我们现在接到了第二起案件的预告
scheduled to take place
地点在
in Sueperintendent Carter's conty on the 25th,
卡特警司负责的区域 时间是25号
the day after tomorrow
就是后天
at Bexhill.
在贝克斯希尔
What steps do you think the Sussex polics can take,
你觉得苏塞克斯警局会怎么做?
Seperintendent Carter?
卡特警司
Well, ihs difficult.
哦 这很棘手
There's not the least clue who the victim may be.
根本没有受害人会是谁的任何线索
It is possible that the surname of the intended victim
也许受害者的姓名
will begin mith the letter B.
会是以字母B打头的
That would be something.
这倒有可能
I suggest it as a possibility, no more.
我只是说有这个可能性 没别的
It came to my mind when I read the signature“A.B.C.”
我是在读ABC的第一封信时
on the first letter and again when I heard the name
想到的 然后我听到了
of the unfortunate woman in Andover.
在安多弗遇害的那个女人的名字
You mean, first a Mrs. Ancher in Andover,
你是说 第一个A是安多弗的埃希尔
then someone beginning with B in Bexhill?
然后是在贝克斯希尔的某个姓B什么的人?
Oui.
是的
Well, that's possible, I suppose.
呃 有可能 我想
I mean, we are dealing with a madman.
我猜我们要对付的是个疯子
But so far he hasn't given us any clue as to his motive.
但目前他没透露给我们有关动机的任何线索
Does a madman have any motive?
一个疯子要什么动机吗?
Perhaps he's gonna murder someone in every town
也许他想按字母表顺序
of the alphabet all the may from Andover to, uh...
从安多弗一路杀到...
Zennor.
兹诺尔
I've thought a lot about it, you see.
你们看 我已经想过很多种可能了
Well, at least we can take some precautions.
哦 至少我们得先做些预防工作
Superintendent Carter,
卡特警司
perhaps it would be possible for your men
能不能让你们的人
to meke a special note of all the Bs in your area,
把你辖区内所有以B打头的人名列一份名单?
especially small shopkeepers,
尤其是小店主
and, naturally, keep tabs on all strangers as far as possible.
然后尽量留意所有的陌生人
Bexhill's a seaside resort, man.
贝克斯希尔是个海滨度假区 头儿
It's the middle of the holiday season.
现在正是假期旺季
People are flooding in.
人潮大量涌入
So tomorrow's the big day.
这么说 明天是个大日子了
Is it old women in tobacconist's shops, do you think?
你认为受害者会是个开烟草店的老妇人吗?
It does not seem lkely, Hastings.
看来不像 黑斯廷斯
Shops, though, perhaps.
不过可能是个店主
Which of us at some time or anther has out felt aggrieved
我们两人中就没一个人为店主
by a shopkeeper?
感到过不平吗?
Good Lord, yes.
老天 当然不是
Well, at least we know it can't be Ascher now.
至少我们现在确定凶手不会是埃希尔
I wean, he's still in custody.
他还被关着呢
But what about the girl, Hastings?
可那个女孩呢 黑斯廷斯?
Mary...what's it, the waid?
玛丽...什么来着 那个女仆?
No.
不会吧
I wouldn't give much for a murderer's chances
我觉得凶手不会有任何机会
with all these men of yours around, Japp.
附近有这么多你们的人 贾普
He's as good as nabbed.
他逃不掉的
The sanity of a town full of men
用满城人的正常心智
against the insanity of one man?
来对付一个人的错乱疯狂?
Remember the long-continued successes of Jack the Ripper.
想想屡屡得手的“开膛手杰克”吧
We don't need another one of those,
我们不会让此类事件再次发生的
thank you very much
非常谢谢你
I am afraid, my friends.
我很担心 我的朋友
I am very much afraid.
我非常担心
Come on. Come on, boy.
过来! 过来 孩子!
Hastings!
黑斯廷斯!
It has happened.
它发生了!
But today is the 25th.
可今天才25日
The murder took place last night between 12:00 and 1:00.
谋杀发生在昨晚零点到一点之间
Our homicidal joker's a men of his word.
我们的杀人玩家是个言出必行的人
If he says the 25th, then the 25th it is,
如果他说是25日 那就是25日
even if it's only by a few minutes.
哪怕只过了几分钟
But we're quite sure this is the crime?
可我们怎么这般确信这就是那起案件呢?
An A.B.C. open at the trains to Bexhill
尸体身下就压着一本打开的ABC
was found actually under the body.
那页正是去贝克斯希尔的时刻表
Do we know who is the dead girl, Chief inspector?
知道那个死去的女孩是谁吗 总督查?
She's been identified as a Miss Elizabeth Barnard:
死者已确认是伊丽莎白·巴纳德小姐
23 years sf age,
23岁
worked as a waitress at the Da La Warr Pavilion.
在德拉沃餐馆当女招待
Was she pretty?
她漂亮吗?
There he goes again.
哼 他又来了
That does not seem to you to be important, eh?
那对你而言似乎无关紧要 嗯?
Mais pour une femme, it is of the first importance.
对一个女人来说 外貌是最最重要的
It often decides her destiny.
这往往会决定她的命运
With what was the girl strangled, Chief Inspector?
这姑娘是被什么勒死的 总探长?
Her own belt.
她自己的腰带
Ah, at last, we have a piece of evidence
啊 我们终于找到了一个
that in very definite,
确切的线索了
and it tells one something, does it not?
这总会说明一些问题 不对吗?
I don't see what.
我看不见得
I have broken the news to her parents,
我已经通知了她父母
but I though I'd let them recover a bit
但我觉得最好让他们先平静下来
before questioning them.
再去询问他们
Right.
没错
There are other members of the family, yes?
她家里还有其他人 是吗?
There's a sister. Typist in London.
有个姐姐 在伦敦做打字员工作
She's been communicated with.
已经联系过她了
And there's a young man.
还有个小伙子
Girl was supposed to be out with him last night,
我想女孩应该是和他昨晚一起出去过
I gather.
Any luck from the A.B.C. guide?
那本ABC指南有什么帮助吗?
No. No fingerprints.
没有 没有指纹
Open at the page of Bexhill.
翻开到贝克斯希尔的那页
Yes, that's our man, all right.
是啊 就是我们要找的人 不会错
Well, it must mean something.
哦 这里面肯定有什么涵义
Somethieg to be mith the trains
也许与安多弗和
from Andover and Baxhill, perhaps.
贝克斯希尔的火车有关?
Yes, that is a point.
是啊 这是个要点
This is most distressing, Chief Inspector,
这是最令人悲痛的事 总督查
most distressing.
最悲痛的
How will it will affect our business,
这会影响我们多少生意啊!
I shudder to think.
我都不敢想
You'll have a boom, madam.
你会生意兴隆的 女士
You won't be able to dish out the dainty teas quick enough.
你会忙得连茶都供不应求
Really?
真的吗?
Oh.
How awful.
太可怕了!
People are so awful.
人真是太可怕了!
Mademoiselle Merrion,
米利安女士
how long had Mademoiselle Barnard
巴纳德小姐在这里
been working here?
工作多久了?
This was the second summer.
今年是第二个夏天
She was pretty, yes?
她很漂亮 是吗?
She was a nice, clean-looking girl.
她是个很好的姑娘 长相又清秀
What time did she go off-duty last night?
她昨晚是几点下班的?
8:00. We close at 8:00.
8点 我们8点钟打烊
Did she say what she was going to do after work?
她说过下班后有什么打算吗?
We were hardly on those sort of terms.
我们的关系还没有好到说那些事的地步
Nobody came and called for her?
没人来找过她或打过电话给她?
Nothing like that?
没那种事?
Oh, no.
噢 没有
She had a young man, I believe,
她有个年轻的男朋友 我相信
Donald Fraser.
唐纳德·弗雷泽
Weren't you alarmed
你们的女儿昨晚没回家
when your daughter didn't come home last night?
你们不担心吗?
We didn't know she hadn't.
我们不知道她没回来
Mrs. Barnard and I go to bed early.
巴纳德太太和我习惯早睡
We never deew Betty hadn't come home.
直到警察今早来的时候
till the police officer came this morning.
我们才知道她没回家
Was she in the habit of coming home late?
她经常很晚回家吗?
You know what goes on nowadays, Inspector.
你该知道现在的女孩是什么样子 督查
All the same, though, she was usually in by 11:00.
她也一样 通常11点才回家
And she had this steady young fellow
她还有一个关系稳定的年轻男朋友
she was sort of engaged to.
她快订婚了
Donald Fraser, his name is.
他叫唐纳德·弗雷泽
It doesn't make any bloody sense.
这毫无道理!
No, it doesn't.
是啊 没道理
Excuse me, Monsieur Barnard.
对不起 巴纳德先生
Did Betty ever mention any connection with Andover?
贝蒂曾经提过有关安多弗的事吗?
Did she have there, perhaps, any friends?
她有什么朋友在那里吗 也许?
Andover?
安多弗?
No.
没有
I'dl ike to look over Miss Barnard's room, if I may.
我想检查一下巴纳德小姐的房间 可以的话
There might be somethiog, sir.
可能会有些东西 先生
Letters, diary...
信件 日记...
All right. It's in here.
好吧 在这里
Who are you?
你是谁?
You're Miss Barnard.
你是巴纳德小姐
Yes,I'm Megan Barnard.
是的 我是梅根·巴纳德
I suppose you belong to the police.
我猜你是警局的吧
Well, not exactly.
哦 也不完全是
Well, what are you?
哦 那你是谁?
-Well -Where's Mum and Dad?
- 呃 - 爸和妈在哪儿?
Your father's in there
你父亲在那里
showing the police your sister's bedroom,
带警察看你妹妹的寝室
and your mother's is there.
而你妈妈在里面
I wonder if
我想知道是否
Are you following me?
你在跟踪我?
What do you want?
你想干什么?
This is Monsieur Hurcule Poirot.
这位是赫尔克里·波罗先生
Mademoiselle Barnard.
巴纳德小姐
I don't see what Monsieur Hercule Poirot's doing
我不明白赫尔克里·波罗先生在我们这样
in our humble little crime.
一件卑劣的小案子中能做些什么
What you do not see, mademoiselle.
你不明白的事 小姐
and what I do not see,
和我不明白的事
it would fill a volume,
加起来够写本书的
but what is important
但重要的是
is something that will not be easy to find.
那些不易被发现的东西
What's that?
是什么?
The truth.
真相
I don't know about the truth.
我不知道什么真相
I only know what I feel.
我只知道我的感受
But that is the most important thing we have, mademoiselle,
但我们有一个最要紧的事 小姐
in the hunt for the murderer of your sister.
那就是寻找杀害你妹妹的凶手
All right.
好吧
It wasn't in Betty's nature to be fond of one person
贝蒂的天性不是仅仅喜欢一个人
and not be interested in anyone else.
而不会对别的人感兴趣
And working in the DeLa Warr Pavilion,
何况在德拉沃餐馆工作时
she was always running up against nice-looking men.
她总可以遇见些男人
I understand, mademoiselle.
我明白了 小姐
Do you? Her boyfriend didn't.
你明白了? 可她男朋友不明白
She was really keen on him.
她是真的喜欢他
He couldn't see why she wanted to go out with other people.
他无法明白她为何还要与别的人出去
Once or twice, they had flaming big rows about it.
他们为此还大吵过一两次
Don was so violent. Betty was frightened.
唐显得那么暴躁 连贝蒂都吓坏了
When wan this?
那是什么时候的事?
Last time was about a month ago.
上一次大概是一个月以前
They had an awful scene.
他们吵架的情形挺可怕的
Don was all white and shaking.
唐满脸苍白 气得发抖
Oh. there he is.
噢 他就在那儿
Quick, mademoiselle, run and intercept him.
快!小姐 跑过去拦住他
I wish to spank with him
我想在尊敬的贾普总督查
before the estimable Chief Inspector Japp.
碰到他之前和他谈谈
Don?
唐?
Did Mademoiselle Barnard tell you
巴纳德小姐告诉过你
where she was going last night?
她昨晚要去哪儿吗?
She told me she was going to St.Leonard's with a girlfriend.
她告诉我她将和一位女朋友去圣莱奥纳兹
And did you believe her?
你相信吗?
Who are you anyway?
你到底是什么人?
You don't belong to the police.
你又不是警方的人
No, monsieur.
是的 先生
I am better than the police.
我比警察要更好些
Tell him.
告诉他
I believed her when she said it.
她说的时候我信了她
But afterwards...
可后来...
What did you do?
你做了什么?
I don't know.
我不知道
I lost my head.
我昏了头
I was convinced she was with some man.
我以为她是和什么男人在一起
I though he might have taken her to Eastbourne in a car.
我以为他可能开车带她去了伊斯特本
I went on there,
我就赶去了那里
looked in the hotels and restaurants.
查询了旅馆和饭店
They must have thought I was mad.
他们肯定以为我疯了
I hung around cinemas went on the pier.
我在电影院附近游逛 还去了码头
In the end, I gave up and came back.
最终我放弃了 便回了家
Not much of an alibi, is it?
作为不在场证明还不够格 是吗?
No, my friend.
是的 我的朋友
Not much.
还不够
Well, Donald Fraser certainly seemed to have
哦 看来唐纳德·弗雷泽
a perfectly good motive for the murder,
既有完美的杀人动机
and opportunity.
也有充足的时机
For killing Mademoiselle Betty Barnard, yes.
对于杀害贝蒂·巴纳德小姐 这两点是够了
But what was the motive for killing Madame Ascher?
可杀害埃希尔女士的动机又是什么呢?
Well. that we'll have to find out.
哦 那就得靠我们去查了
They're both women, of course.
她们都是女的 这点毫无疑问
And what was the motive
那么写那些信
for writing those letters to we, Hestings?
给我的动机又是什么呢 黑斯廷斯?
There's sowething about those letters,
那些信里还有些什么东西
something that bothers me.
就是这些东西困扰着我
You've been very carefel.
你已经非常谨慎了
But you made one mistake.
但你还是犯了个错误
It'll be the first time
这将会是第一次
that anyone has suggested you at the murderer.
有人把你看作为凶手
You'll be watched.
会有人监视你
You'll be questioned.
审问你
You'll be followed.
跟踪你
You'll give yourself away.
你会放弃你自己
And they'll get you.
然后 他们就会抓住你
I killed her, did I?
是我杀了她 是吗?
Accusing me, are you?
你怀疑我 是吗?
Why don't you run away, Mary?
那你为什么不走呢 玛丽?
You would if you can,
如果可以的话你会走的
but you don't move, Mary.
可你没有离开 玛丽
Why?
为什么?
Because...
因为...
Because you know I'm not the killer.
因为你清楚我并不是那个凶手
Yes!
是的
That's where you're wrong.
那你可就错了
I am the Dorset murderer.
我就是杀多塞特的凶手!
I killed Lily James
我杀了莉莉·詹姆斯
and all the others,
还有其他的所有人
and now I am going to kill you!
而且我现在打算把你也杀了!
We've kept the general public in the dark us far
在这些谋杀案都与ABC有关的事上
about the A.B.C. link between these murders.
我们瞒不了公众多久的
If we continue to keep them in the dark,
如果我们继续保密的话
then we don't get any cooperation.
那我们就得不到任何帮助
But if you make it public, Chief lnspector,
可一旦你将它公诸于众 总督察
you're playing the game of the murderer,
你就正中了凶手的下怀
which is perhaps why he writes those letters:
也许这就是凶手写那些信的原因:
for notoriety, publicity.
为了臭名昭彰 为了人所共知
Well, I think we should chance it.
哦 那我觉得我们更应该冒这个险
Splash it about in the headlines.
就把它放上头条!
I did not say this before, Hastings,
我没这么说过 黑斯廷斯
because, well, perhaps it would have beee mistaken
因为 嗯 也许自负
fur self-importtance,
是错的
a characteristic that I dislike more than any other.
这是我最讨厌的一种特征
Oh, right.
噢 太好了!
Delicious soup, this.
这汤真好喝!
But it is possible
但很有可能
that our murderer is committing his crimes
我们的凶手之所以要将他的案情公开
beceuse of a direct persona hatred against me,
就是因为他恨我--
Hercule Poirot.
赫尔克里·波罗
Because he writes the letters to you, you mean.
你是说 就因为他写信给了你?
Exactemente, Hastings.
正确 黑斯廷斯
Or perhaps the animosity of our murderer,
或许凶手的这腔怨气
it is impersonal
并非缘于他本人
and merely because I'm a foreigner.
而仅仅由于我是个外国人
Yes.
是啊
Well, there are people like that.
嗯 是有这号人
It is only the late post, Hastings.
只是晚到的邮件罢了 黑斯廷斯
Yes, I know.
是的 我知道
I was expecting Lillywhite's catalog.
我在等“利利怀特”的目录
I've been thinking of buying some new golf clubs.
我一直想买些新的高尔夫球杆
l've still only got those old ones thet belonged to my father.
我现在还用着我父亲的那些旧玩意儿
Lord.
上帝!
What is it, Hastings?
是什么 黑斯廷斯?
It's another one. Another A.B.C. letter.
是另一封 另一封ABC的信
Postmarked London WC1 again.
又盖着伦敦WC1区的邮戳
That's significant, you know, I'm sure it is.
要知道这很重要 我敢肯定
You open it, Hastings.
你来打开吧 黑斯廷斯
Quickly.
快点!
-“Dear Mr. Poirot,
“亲爱的波罗先生
“Not too good at these little criminal matters
您认为您自己并不擅长于
“as you thooght youself are you?
这些小案子 是吗?”
“Rather past your prime, perhaps.
“可能您早已过了全盛时期?”
“Let us see if you can do better this time.
“让我们看看 你这次是否能做得更好些”
“This time it's an easy one.
“这一次的案子很容易
“Churston on the 29th.
29日在彻斯顿”
“Do try and do something about it.
“您确实应该去干点什么”
“It's a bit dull having it all my own way, you know.
“您知道 总是由我在尽情的表演这未免太沉闷了点”
“Good hunting.
“祝你有所收获
Yours ever A.B.C.”
您永远的 A.B.C”
I wonder where Churston is.
我想知道彻斯特在哪儿?
Hastings,
黑斯廷斯
you do not realize?
你没意识到吗?
Today is the 29th.
今天就是29号!
What?
什么?
When was that letter written?
这封信是什么时候写的?
26th.
26号
Mon Dieu.
我的天!
Look, Hastings.
看 黑斯廷斯
You did not notice the wrong address.
你没注意到地址错了
-“Monsieur Hercule Poirot,
“赫尔克里·波罗先生
“White Horse Mansions.
白马公寓”
“Not known at White Horse Mansions.
“白马公寓查无此人
“Not known at White Horse Court.
白马苑查无此人
Try White haven Mansions.”
试投白港公寓”
Does even chance aid this madman?
难道这疯子又要获得良机?
C'est trop tard.
太晚了!
You can't be sure of that.
你可不能这么确定
It's 10:20, Hastings.
10:20了 黑斯廷斯
Churston, Devon.
彻斯顿 在德文郡
Get in at 7:15, leaves Paddington at midnight.
7点15分抵达 午夜时分驶离帕丁顿
Any word from Churston yet?
还没有从彻斯顿来的消息吗?
Not yet.
还没有
We've got men moving in from all over the aera.
我们已派了人巡查该地区
It's only a village.
只是个小村子
Have you got the letter with you?
你把信带来了吗?
Yes.
带了
White Horse Mansions.
白马公寓
Of all the blessed luck.
真他妈的运气好!
With two letters, he gets the address right.
有两封信他写的地址是对的
Why now does he get it wrong?
为什么这封他就写错了呢?
Perhegn he did it on purpose.
也许他是故意这么做的
No, this fellow's got these barmy rules,
不 这家伙有些疯狂的自我准则
and I think he sticks to them.
而且我认为他会牢牢的遵守
I know.
我知道了
He drinks White Horse whiskey.
他一般都喝白马威士忌
C'est ingenieux Ca!
这也太巧了!
He types the address,
他打住址时
and the bottle, it is in front of him.
那个酒瓶正好摆在他面前
We've heard of psychology at Scotland Yard too, you know?
我们苏格兰场的人也懂些心理学 你晓得吗?
Sir Carmichael always takes his after-dinner walk
卡迈克尔爵士晚餐后总要
along the cliff top, Miss Cray.
去崖顶独自散步 格雷小姐
When he gets to the headland,
当他走到海岬时
he turns right and comes up past the farm.
就会右转 然后沿着经过的农场返回
But he's always back by 10:00.
可他总是到10点就回来了
Always.
总是如此!
It's after midnight now.
现在已过午夜了
Suppose he's had an accident or something.
该不会是他出了什么意外吧
I'm going down to the cliff.
我顺着悬崖去看看
I'll go to the other side of the field.
我去田野的另一头
Perhaps he's started back.
也许他已经在回来的路上了
Miss Grey! Over here!
格雷小姐! 过来!
They've taken the body up to the house.
他们已经把尸体运回家了
Blow to the back of the head, apparently.
明显是脑后部遭受击打
Blunt instrument.
是一种钝器
This should make people sit up
这会使人们大吃一惊
now that the eewspepers are in the know.
既然各家报纸都知道了
Three murders within ten days.
十天内出了三起谋杀
The whole country will be looking for A.B.C. now,
现在整个国家都在找ABC
But what will they be looking for, Hastings?
可他们要找的是什么 黑斯廷斯?
Well, a madman.
哦 一个疯子
And what does a madman look like?
那么一个疯子该是什么样子?
well...
呃...
Madame Ascher had no connection with Bnxdill-on-Sea,
埃希尔女士和贝克斯希尔海滨无关
and Mademoiselle Betty Barnard
而且我们发现贝蒂·巴纳德小姐
had no link with Andover that we can discover.
和安多弗之间也没任何关系
And we will find that neither apparently had anything to do
然后我们会再次发现她们二人均与
with Churston and Sir Carmichael Clarke.
彻斯顿以及卡迈克尔爵士扯不上些许干系
On that, I would place a wager.
在这点上 我可以打赌
Hundreds of miles
相隔百里
and everything about their lives seems to separate them.
他们生命中的一切看似都没有交集
What is it that binds them together?
是什么使得他们绑在了一起?
Bet why?
可是为什么呢?
I mean, what earthly benefit can accrue from such a crime,
我是说 这样的犯罪究竟能带来什么好处?
even in the most diseased imagination
就算绞尽脑汁我也猜不出来
You go straight to the point, monsieur.
你一语中的 先生
-Ah, Poirot, this is Mr. Franklin Clarke,
啊 波罗 这是富兰克林·克拉克先生
Sir Carmichael's brother.
卡迈克尔爵士的胞弟
You have my oondolences, Monsieur Clarke.
请节哀 克拉克先生
Mr. Poirot, Captain Hastings.
波罗先生 黑斯廷斯上尉
How do you do?
你好
Now let me have a few facts, would you, Mr. Clarke?
现在是否能告诉我些实情呢 克拉克先生?
Certainly
当然
Your brother, I take it,
我可否这么说 你哥哥
was in his usual health and spirit yesterday?
昨天的身体和精神状况很正常?
Oh, yes, I should say.
噢 是的 可以这么说
He was quite his usual self.
他和平常没什么两样
Not upset or worried at all?
没有一丝不安或者焦虑吗?
Excuse me, Chief lnspector.
对不起 总督查
I didn't say that.
我可没那么说
To be upset and worried was wy poor brother's normal condition.
我那可怜的哥哥平常都挺烦躁焦虑的
Oh?
哦?
Well, I was shocked at the change in him
我最近才从东方回来
when I returned from the east recently.
看到他的变化后我很震惊
His wife's illness preyed on his mind terribly.
他妻子的病情使他忧心忡忡
Illness?
病情?
Oh, my sister-in-law, Lady Clarke,
哦 我嫂嫂克拉克夫人
is in very bad health.
身体非常糟糕
Between ourselves,
只在我们之间说说
she's suffering from an incurable canner.
她得的是无法治愈的癌症
She can't live much longer.
她活不了多久了
Sir Carmichael hadn't received
那么卡迈克尔爵士没收到过
any unexpected or unpleasant letters?
什么意外的或是令人不快的信件?
Not that I was aware of.
就我所知 没有
He wasn't short of a bauble or two, was he?
他不会资金短缺吧 会吗?
My brother was a very wealthy man.
我哥哥是个很富有的人
And in possession of a collection
而且拥有的珍藏
that is extremely beautiful.
极为精美
Yes.
是的
It's what he lived for, really.
这是他一生的追求 毫不夸张
Have any strangers come to the house
近来有没有陌生人来家里
asking for Sir Carmichael recently?
拜访过卡迈克尔爵士?
The doctor says he's finished, sir
医生说他已经好了 先生
Thank you, Deveril.
谢谢 德维尔
Uh, Deveril, have any strangers
嗯 德维尔 最近有没有陌生人
been inquiring for Sir Carmichael recently?
来求见卡迈克尔爵士?
No, sir.
没有 先生
Ah, doctor,anything to tell us?
啊 医生 有什么要告诉我们的?
Well, nothing we didn't know already.
哦 已经没什么我们不知道的了
Death instantaneous.
瞬时死亡
We've put him in the billiard room.
我们把他搬进了桌球室
I'll just go and have a word with Lady Clarke.
我去和克拉克女士说句话
Ah, this is Miss Grey, gentlemen,
啊 这位是托拉·格雷小姐 先生们
my brother's secretary.
我哥哥的秘书
How do you do?
你好
I'll talk to you later, Miss Grey, if I may.
我待会儿和你谈 格雷小姐 可以吗?
Yes.
好的
Mademoiselle.
小姐
I'll be in the library, if you want me.
我会在图书室 如果你要找我的话
Hastings.
黑斯廷斯
It just doesn't stand to reason.
这简直毫无道理
There must be a connection between these victims.
这些受害者之间一定有联系!
We just haven't found it yet.
只是我们还没发现
No.
We hit our heads against a stone brick.
我们四处碰壁
There is no connection.
这些人之间没有任何关联
There most be.
肯定有的!
I say no, Hastings.
我说没有 黑斯廷斯
There is no cnnnnntinn whatever between these people
无论如何 这些人之间没有任何联系
except that their names begin
除去他们姓名的开头是
with certain letters of the alphabet.
字母表里的某些字母以外
We have searched the background
我们已经调查了
of the victims and of the suspects
受害者和嫌犯的背景
for any other connection.
以便从中寻找联系
Hastings can find nothing.
黑斯廷斯一无所获
Scotland Yard can find nothing.
苏格兰场一无所获
Even I can find nothing.
甚至于我也一无所获
No, we are wasting our time
不 我们是在浪费我们的时间
because there in nothing to find.
因为不会有任何发现
You mean those people
你是说这些人
were complete strangers to the murderer?
与凶手素不相识?
-Précisement, Hastings.
正是 黑斯廷斯
Chosen only because of his mania for the alphabet.
选择这些人只是出于他对字母表的偏执
Finished with that?
看完了吗?
Yes.
是的
Nasty business, eh?
恶劣的勾当 嗯?
Yes, very.
是啊 非常恶劣
You never know with lunatics, do you?
你永远也无法了解那些疯子 是吗?
They don't always look barmy.
他们平常看起来又不傻
Sometimes they can look just like you and me.
有时他们看上去就和你我一个样
Yes, I suppose they can.
是的 我想他们是这样的
Now, sometimes it's the war or something,
事实如此 有时因为战争或什么事
and they've never been right since.
导致他们再也无法正常
I don't hold with wars.
我并不赞成战争
I don't hold with plague and sleeping sickness
我并不赞成瘟疫 昏睡症
and famine and cancer, but they happen all the same.
饥荒和癌症 可它们照样会出现
Ah, but war's preventable.
啊 但战争是可以防止的
-Shh!
Oh,I'm sorry, sir.
噢 我很抱歉 先生
I expect you was in the war.
我想你还沉浸在战争之中吧
Yes, yes. Yes, I was.
是的 是的 是的
And it did...
而且它总是...
unsettle me.
让我不得安宁
-They're all here. -Ah.
-他们都来了 -啊
-What did you get? -Biscuits.
-你买了什么? -饼干
And so we all are assembled,eh?
那么我们都到齐了 嗯?
Let us begin with you, Mademoiselle Drower.
让我们从你开始吧 德劳尔小姐
When were you last in contact with your aunt?
你最后一次和你姨妈见面是什么时候?
I hadn't seen Auntie for a fortnight, sir.
我那时已经两周没见到姨妈了 先生
I'd had a letter from her, thnegh, two days previous.
但我当时收到了她的一封信 就在她去世的两天前
Ah, now these are just the sort of facts
啊 现在 这些事实能使我们从中获得
which could provide a clue that is vital, eh?
一条至关重要的线索 嗯?
Now, I believe that you all may have some information
现在 我确信你们所有人可能都有一些
that you are out aware that you have.
你们没意识到的信息
Did you keep that letter?
你还保留着那封信吗?
No, sir, but I remember what it said.
没有 先生 可我还记得里面的内容
She said the old devil had been‘round,
她说那个老魔鬼不断骚扰她
and she'd sent him off with a flea in his ear.
她用刻薄话把他气走了
And she said she expected me over on the Wednesday
她还说她希望我周三能过去--
that's my day out, sir
那是我的假期 先生
and said we'd go to the pictures.
还说我们去拍照
It was going to be my birthday, sir.
因为我快要过生日了 先生
I'm sorry, sir.
我很抱歉 先生
I don't mean to be silly.
我不该像个傻瓜一样
It's just the thought of her looking forward to our treat.
只是一想到她这么期盼我们的聚会
It's always the little things that get one.
总是这些小事让人浮想联翩
Especially anything like a treat or a present.
尤其像是一次款待或一件礼物之类的事
same thing happened when Betty died.
贝蒂死时也发生了这样的事
Mum had bought her some stockings as a present.
妈妈给她买了些长筒袜作为礼物
That very morning in fact.
其实就在那天早晨
Poor mum.
可怜的妈妈
Found her crying over them.
我看见她对着那堆丝袜痛哭
She kept saying,“I bought them for Betty,
她一遍遍地说着“这是我为贝蒂买的
and she never even saw them.”
可她连看都没看到”
Look, uh...
看来 嗯...
All of us here have an interest
我们这里所有人都想
in bringing the murderer to book.
让凶手得到惩罚
Suppose we join forces to try and track the fellow down?
如果我们能齐心协力一起追捕那家伙?
I'm sure Mr. Poirot and the police are quite capable.
我相信有波罗先生和警察就足够了
Well, speaking for myself,
哦 就我而言
I am never too proud to accept a little help.
我从不会因受到帮助而感到自豪
Mademoiselle Grey, when you return to Devon,
格雷小姐 当你回到德文郡后
and you think back to the day
当你回忆起
that Sir Carmichael Clarke was killed,
卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士被杀的那天
you may perhaps remember seeing around the village a stranger.
你也许会记起在村子周围见过一个陌生人?
No.
没有
I know I didn't.
我确信我没见过
Anyway, I've left Churston for good.
无论如何 我还是离开彻斯顿为好
Now, Miss Grey kindly stayed on to help me clear things up,
眼下,格雷小姐好心的留下来帮我打点一切
but, naturally, she prefers a post in London.
可是 她当然更喜欢在伦敦工作
I see.
我明白了
How is Lady Clarke?
卡拉克女士怎样了?
Oh, pretty bad.
哦 很糟糕
By the way, Mr. Poirot,
顺便问一下 波罗先生
I wonder if you could see a way to running down
不知您是否可以找个理由
and paying her a visit?
去看她一趟?
Before I left, she expressed a desire to see hoe.
在我离开之前 她表示希望见到您
Mais certainement, Monsieur Clarke.
当然可以 卡拉克先生
Do you think their cooperation will lead to anything?
你认为他们的协作会有用吗?
It in passible.
也许吧
You know, Hastings,
知道吗 黑斯廷斯
I cannot rid my mind
我一直感觉到
of the impression that something was said
在今天下午的对话中
this afternoon that was significant.
有些很重要的东西
Ah, it is odd.
啊 真怪!
I cannot pin it down exactly.
我还无法确定
But something passed through my mind
可是在我脑中闪过的念头
that reminded me of that which I had already seen
提醒了我 有某样东西是我曾经
or heard or noted.
听过或注意到过的
It will come to me.
唉 我会想起来的
Something is the matter, Hastings?
有什么不对劲吗 黑斯廷斯?
Eh? No, no, no, no.
啊? 不不不不
I was just thinking about D, as a matter of fact.
其实我只是在想“D”
For the next murder?
下一宗谋杀?
Yes.
是的
I mean, is he out there somewhere,
我想他正躲在某处
planning it?
暗中策划着?
Gives you the shivers just to think about it.
单想想就会让你发抖
“A.B.C.murders.
“ABC谋杀案
Captain Hastings speaks.”
黑斯廷斯上尉说”
Poirot, I--
波罗 我--
“After third murder
“在第三宗谋杀案--
“the brutal slaying of millionaire
遭残忍杀害的百万富翁
“Sir Carmichael Clarke,
卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士之后”
“Monsieur Poirot taken grave viem situation,'
“波罗先生境况堪忧”
says Captain Hastings.”
“黑斯廷斯上尉如是说”
“Andover,Bexhill, Churston...
“安多弗 贝克斯希尔 彻斯顿...”
“Where will A.B.C. strike next?
“ABC下次又会攻向何处?”
“Monsieur Poirot on eve of success,'
“波罗先生成功在望
says Catain Hastings.”
黑斯廷斯上尉如是说”
Okay, Poirot,I didn't say all those things.
好了 波罗 我没说过那些话
I know, Hastings.
我知道 黑斯廷斯
Often, between the spoken word and the written,
通常 在口述之言和笔录之词之间
there is an astonishing gulf, n'est pas?
总是有一道惊人的鸿沟 不是吗?
I wouldn't like you to think that I--
我不想让你认为我--
Do not worry yourself, mon ami.
别担心 我的朋友
In fact, these imbecilities, they might even help.
这些蠢话甚至可能会有所帮助
How?
怎么会?
Because if our murderer reads
如果我们的凶手在今天的《每日血腥》里
what I am supposed to have said is the daily blood today,
读到了这些据说是我说的话
he will lose all respect for me as an opponent.
他会丧失把我看为一个对手的全部敬意
But after another crime, we will know infinitely more.
可在下一场罪行后 我们就会无限接近真相
Crime is revealing.
每件罪行总会有所启示
Just a minute.
稍等
Lady Clarke.
克拉克女士
Monsieur Poirot is here.
波罗先生来了
Oh, yes.
噢 好的
Monsieur Poirot.
波罗先生
Lady Clarke.
克拉克女士
May I introduce my friend and associate Captain Hasthings
可否容我介绍我的朋友兼伙伴 黑斯廷斯上尉?
How do you do?
你好
So good of you both to come.
你们来了真好!
Merci.
谢谢
It was about Car, wasn't it?
是有关卡的事 不是吗?
About Car's death?
有关卡的死?
You haven't caught him yet?
你们还没抓到他?
Not yet.
还没有
He must have been loitering around here that day.
那天他肯定到这附近走动过
But no stranger came to the house that day.
可那天没生人到过这房子
Who says so?
谁说的?
Well, the servants say so, and Miss Grey said so.
仆人们和格雷小姐都这么说
That girl is a liar.
那个姑娘是个骗子!
Oh, but--
噢,但是--
And, of course, Car thought the world of her.
当然 卡很器重她
He couldn't see it was only his money she was interested in.
他看不出她感兴趣的只是他的钱
Once I was out of the way...
一旦我让开了路...
Lady Clarke,
克拉克女士
why do you say that Mademoiselle Grey is a liar?
为什么您说格雷小姐是个骗子?
Because she is.
因为她就是!
She told you no strangers came to the house, didn't she?
是她告诉你没生人来过这房子 不是吗?
Yes.
是的
Very well then.
那很好
I saw her with my own eyes,
我亲眼看到她
talking to a perfectly strange man,
和一个完全陌生的男人在讲话
out of this window.
透过这扇窗子
-May I? -Please.
-可以吗? -请吧
Merci.
谢谢
At the garden gate.
就在花园门口
When was this,Lady Clarke?
那是什么时候的事 克拉克女士?
In the morning of the day Car died,
卡去世的当天早上
at about 11:00.
11点左右
What was he like, this man?
这男的长什么样?
Oh, an ordinary sort of man.
哦 一个很平常的人
No.Pardon.
不 抱歉
A gentleman, a tradesman, perhaps?
是位绅士或是商人?
A shabby sort of person.
一个穿着破旧的人
I...
我...
I can't remember.
我记不得了
That was an extraordinary story about Miss Grey
这可是个不寻常的故事 关于格雷小姐
and the strange man.
和一个陌生男人的事
It is as I tell yna, Hastings.
正如我跟你说的 黑斯廷斯
Always there is something to be discovered.
总会有所发现的
Bet why did she lie and she'd seen no one?
可她为什么谎称没见过任何人?
It's monstrous to suppose that a girl like that
去设想一个像她这样的姑娘
should be in league with a madman.
会和一个疯子串通 这太荒唐了
Which is why I do not suppose it.
所以我没这么想
A good-looking girl has a hard time of it.
一个好看的女孩日子可不太好过
Ah, Hastings.
啊 黑斯廷斯
Always you are full of the charitable feelings
你对年轻漂亮的姑娘总是
to the young ladies who are beautiful. huh?
充满着仁爱 嗯?
As for me, I am always full of the Charitable feelings
而我呢 我总是对重病在身的老妇人
to the old ladies that have the maladies.
怀着仁爱之情
Mr. Poirot.
波罗先生
Monsieur Fraser.
弗雷泽先生
I'm sorry. I've got to talk to you.
抱歉 我得跟你谈谈
Come up to tke apartmeot, Monsieur Freser.
到我公寓去吧 弗雷泽先生
Mr. Poirot,
波罗先生
do you know anything about dreams?
你对梦有研究吗?
I do.
是的
You have been dreaming?
你一直做梦吗?
I keep dreaming the same dream.
我总在做一个同样的梦
I'm on the beach, looking fot Beety.
我在海滩上 寻找着贝蒂
and she's lost, and I've got to find her.
她不见了 而我得找到她
You see, I'm carrying her belt in my hand,
你知道 我手上拿着她的腰带
and then...
然后...
Yes?
She's there,
她就在那里
sitting on the sand.
坐在沙滩上
I come up behind her.
我走到她身后
I slip the belt around her ouch,
我把腰带绕上她的脖子
and I pull
然后往上拉
and pull.
Go on.
继续吧
She's dead.
她死了
I've strangled her.
我勒死了她
And then her heed falls bend,
然后她的头朝后倒来
and I see her face,
我看清了她的脸
and it's Megan.
那是梅根
It's not Betty.
不是贝蒂
It's awful.
太可怕了!
Have your drink.
你喝点吧
I mean, I could have had a blackout.
我是说 我可能失去了意识
Poirot...
波罗...
It's come,
来了!
the fourth letter.
第四封信!
Read it, Hastings.
读一下 黑斯廷斯
Quickly.
快点!
“Mr.Hercule Poirot,
“赫尔克里·波罗先生
“Still no success.
还是没成功?”
“Fie! Fie!
“呸!呸!
“What are you and the police doing?
你和警察在干什么?”
“Isn't this fun?
“这不是很好笑吗?”
“And where shall we go next for honey?
“亲爱的 下一站我们去哪儿呢?”
“Poor Mr. Poirot.
“可怜的波罗先生
“I'm quite sorry for you.
我真是为你难过”
“We have a long way to go still.
“我们依旧还有很长的路要走呢”
“The next little incident will take place at Doncaster
“下一次小事故将发生在唐卡斯特
‘on the 9th nf Septewber.
时间为9月9日”
So long, A.B.C”
“再见 A.B.C”
Perhaps our little band of helpers
也许我们的助手小分队
will have something to do after all.
终于能登场了
Where does Mr. Poirot keep his cups?
波罗先生存放杯子的地方在哪里?
Uh, top cupboard, over there.
啊 碗橱的顶层 在那边
Saucers?
茶托呢?
Uh, bottom cupboard, over there.
啊 碗橱的底层 在那边
Everything's arranged in order of height.
所有东西都是按高度摆放的
By George, Poirot.
的确 波罗
This is a bit of a stewer.
这有点让人焦虑
Doncaster on tha 9th?
唐卡斯特 9号
-Oh. -I can get it.
- 噢 - 我去开
Thanks.
谢谢
What are you doing here?
你怎么在这儿?
Ah.
What is this, a convention?
这是干嘛 开会吗?
Good day, Chief Inspector.
日安 总督查
Maybe.
也许吧
We've formed an association of our own to deal with this,
我们成立了自己的团队来对付此事
a legion of interested parties.
一个相关人员的联盟
Oh, yes?
噢 是吗?
But I rather fancy old A.B.C. has done for you again.
可我认为那个老练的ABC还是会对付你
Well, as a matter fact, Mr. Clarke,
哦 事实上 克拉克先生
I must beg to differ.
我不得不表示反对
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong,
我是说 如果我错了请予以纠正
but the 9th isn't until Wednesday of next week, is it?
可9号不是下星期三嘛 是吗?
And that seems to give us plenty of time
那看来我们有充分的时间
to mount a publicity campaign in the press
让新闻界发起宣传
and plenty of time
也有足够的时间
to warn the inhnbitants of Doncaster,
通知唐卡斯特的居民
particularly those whose names begin with the letter D.
特别是那些姓氏以字母D开头的人们
Well, it's easy to see you are not a sporting man,
喔 显而易见你不是个体育爱好者
Chief Inspector.
总督查
If, however you--
可如果你--
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
Next Wednesday in the day
下星期三是
the St. Leger is being run at Doncaster.
唐卡斯特举行圣莱杰赛马会的日子
Oh.
Yes, I was wondering about that.
是啊 我对这事也感到奇怪
Tea, Chief Inspector?
要来杯茶吗 总督查?
Merci.
谢谢
I mean, the whole of Doncaster is like a fairground.
我是说 到时整个唐卡斯特就像个集市
C'est ingenieux.
太巧妙了 可这还是想象出来的
He has planned this most cleverly.
他计划的聪明无比
It's my belief the murder will take place at the rececourse,
我相信凶手会出现在赛马场上
perhaps actually while the Leger is beging run.
也许就在比赛中
Thank you.
谢谢
Yes, well, of course, the St. Leger is a complication.
是啊 当然 圣莱杰赛马使得情况变复杂了
However...
但是...
I better get back to the Yard.
我最好还是回局里吧
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Everything's under control.
一切尽在掌控之中
We don't know anything about the murderer,
我们对凶手一无所知
and that's the problem.
而这就是问题所在
We've gone over everything we do know again and again.
我们已经把知道的所有事情回想了一遍又一遍
We've talked-
我们谈论过...
Not everything, monsieur.
不是所有的事情 先生
For instance, Mademoiselle Grey here
比如 这里的格雷小姐告诉我们
has told us that she did not see or speak to any stranger
在卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士遇害当天
on the day that Sir Carmichael Clark was killed.
她没看见也没和陌生人说过话
That's right, I didn't.
没错 我没有
But Lady Clarke tells as, mademoiselle,
但克拉克女士告诉我们 小姐
that on that day, from her windown,
就在那一天 透过她的窗户
she saw you standing at the garden gates
她看到你站在花园门口
speaking to a strange man.
和一个陌生男人在说话
Lady Clarke make a mistake.
一定是克拉克女士搞错了
I never spoke-
我从未说--
oh
Oh, I remember now. How stupid...
噢 我现在想起来了 太傻了...
Oh, but it wasn't iwportant.
哦 可这无关紧要
Just one of those men who come around selling stockings.
那只是个来推销丝袜的人
You know, ex-army people.
你知道的 那些个退伍军人
They're very persistent,
他们都非常顽固
but he was quite a harmless sort of person.
可他是那种毫无恶意的人
I suppose that's why I forgot about him.
我想这就是我把他忘了的原因
Stockings.
长筒袜
Stockings.
长筒袜
Stockings. Stockings!
长筒袜 长筒袜!
Ca vient! Stockings!
对 长筒袜!
Stockings! That is the link.
长筒袜! 这就是关联点
Do you not remember, Hastings, Andover?
你不记得了 黑斯廷斯 安多弗?
The room behind the little shop?
小店后面的那间屋子?
Over the back of the chair, a pair of new silk stockings?
椅背上 那双新的长筒丝袜?
Well, yes, but--
哦 是的 可--
Now I remember what it was
现在我知道了两天前
that aroused my attention two days ago.
是什么引起了我的注意
It was you, mademoiselle.
是你 小姐
You spoke of your mother who wept
你提到过你母亲哭
because, on the very day of the murder,
是因为在案发当天的早晨
she had just bought for your sister
她刚给你妹妹买了
a pair of new silk stockings.
一双新的长筒丝袜
Yes. Yes, she did.
是的 是的 她确实买过
She said something about feeling sorry
她说了些什么为那些
for those wretched men who to around selling door-to-door.
挨家挨户到处推销的可怜男人感到难过
Describe this man.
描述一下这个人
I can't. I don't...
我不能 我不...
He had glasses, I think, and a shabby overcoat.
他戴着眼镜 我想 还穿着件寒酸的外套
Mieux que ca, mademoiselle.
仅此而已? 小姐
He stooped.
他有点驼背
I don'tknow.
我不知道
I hardly looked at him.
我几乎没怎么看他
He wasn't the sort of man you'd notice.
他不是那种会引你关注的人
Ah!
啊!
In those few words, mademoiselle,
在这些话里 小姐
lies the whole secret of these murders.
隐藏着这些谋杀案的所有秘密
He wasn't the sort of man you'd notice.
他不是那种会引你关注的人
Oh, yes, there is no doubt about it.
噢 是的 这毋庸置疑
You have just described the murderer.
你已描述出了凶手的模样
I was wondering, Mr. Cust, if you'd finished your...
我在想 卡斯特先生 如果你吃完了你的...
You all right, Mr. Cust?
你还好吗 卡斯特先生?
I just feel a bit out of sorts.
我只是有点不太舒服
Oh,I'm sorry.
噢 真对不起
You won't be going away today then?
那么你今天不出门吧?
Oh, yes.
噢 不
I have to go.
我必须去
I'm going to Cheltenham.
我要去切尔滕纳姆
Oh, that's nice.
噢 那儿很好
Cheltenham's nice.
切尔滕纳姆是个好地方
Got some nice shops.
有些很不错的商店
Terrible, the news nowadays, isn'tit?
现在的新闻真可怕 不是吗?
Nnthinh but this murder business.
尽是关于那宗谋杀案的报道
Gives me the creeps.
让我毛骨悚然
-I don't read it. -No.
-我看都不看 - 不
Doncaster, he says his next murder's gonna be,
唐卡斯特-他说他的下一场谋杀就在那儿
if you please, and tomorrow.
就在明天
If I lived in Doncaster and my name began with a D,
如果我住在唐卡斯特我的名字又是以D开头的话
I'd take the first train out, I would.
我会乘头班车离开 我会的
For all the hundreds of police they say they're drafting in ..
他们说会有几百个警察被派往那里...
Mr. Cust, you do look bad.
卡斯特先生 你看起来很不对劲
Really, now, you oughtn't to go traveling today.
真的 现在 你今天不该外出旅行
It is necessary, Mrs. Marbury.
这很必要 马布里太太
When I undertake to do a thing,
当我着手去干一件事时
I follow it through.
我一定会全力以赴
Oh, well.
噢 好吧
If you say so, Mr. Cust.
既然你这么说了 卡斯特先生
What a fool I was!
我真是个傻瓜!
I've let you all down.
我让你们都失望了
I never really looked at him.
我从没有正眼看过他
Even if I saw him again,
纵然我再次看见他
I probably wouldn't recognize him.
我可能也认不出来他
Now, now, petite.
好了好了 小家伙
Do not upset yourself.
别自寻烦恼了
So far, the luck, it has been on the side of the murderer, yes,
到目前为止 运气一直都在凶手那边 没错
but sooner or laterr, I believe it most turn
可迟早 我相信它必定会
and be on our side.
转向我们的这边
In fact, I believe that it heas turned.
事实上 我认为它已经倒转了
The clue of the stockings is the beginning.
长筒袜的这条线索就是个征兆
Doncaster. Doncaster.
唐卡斯特 唐卡斯特
This is Doncaster.
这里是唐卡斯特
Brought your private army along, I see, Poirot.
把你的御林军带来啦 我看见了 波罗
Chief Inspector Japp, my dear friend,
贾普总督查 我亲爱的朋友
we did not know that you were on this train.
我们不知道你也在这班车上
Why, you tossed down that as much,
为甚么你一下子投下这许多奇兵?
whet's going on down among the workers, I suppose.
还让不让我们底下的这帮劳动者活啦?
Meanwhile, Mademoiselle Barnard
同时 巴纳德小姐
will be patrolling the area around the grandstand,
会巡视看台附近的区域
and Monsieur Fraser will be by the parade ring.
而弗雷泽先生将混迹于人群
It seems to me highly problmatical
我觉得很成问题
that we can do anything of practical value.
我们很难做出任何具有实际价值的事
Don't be dafeatist, Donald.
别当个失败主义者 唐
Our weapon is our knowledge, Monsieur Fraser.
我们的武器就是我们的认知 弗雷泽先生
But, rewewder, it may be a knowledge
但是 记住 这个认知也许
we do not know that we possess.
我们还浑不自觉
Eh, bien.
那好吧
That is all we can do for this evening.
今晚我们就到此为止
I bid you all good night.
祝你们晚安
Good night, Poirot.
晚安 波罗
Good night, Hastings.
-Good night. -Good night.
-晚安 -晚安
Look here, Mr. Poirot.
瞧 波罗先生
When you went down to Churston last week,
你上星期去彻斯顿时
did wy sister-in-law sort of, well--
我嫂嫂有没有点儿--
I mean, did she hint at all?
我是说 她是否暗示过吗?
Comment?
什么?
Did Lady Clarke hint at what?
克拉克女士暗示过什么?
Well, you see, Thora...
哦 你看 托拉...
Miss Grey is a rather good-looking girl.
格雷小姐是个挺漂亮的姑娘
Perhaps, yes.
也许 是的
Please, seat yourself.
请坐
As my brother always said,
就像我哥哥常说的那样
she was the best secretary he ever had,
她是他见过的最好的秘书
but it was all perfectly straight above-board.
但这一切都是开诚布公 光明正大的
But of course.
这当然
But my sister-in-law got it into her head
可我嫂嫂却满脑子都是
to be, well, jealous, I suppose.
嗯 嫉妒 我以为
Anyway, after Car's death,
无论如何 当卡死后
when there was a question of Miss Greb staying on,
格雷小姐的去留就成了一个问题
Gharlotte cut up rough.
夏洛特大发脾气
Cut up?
大发什么?
Rough.
脾气
Oh.
Well, women really are devils, Mr. Poirot.
嗯 女人真是些魔鬼 波罗先生
Please, Monsieur Clarke,
克拉克先生
remember that Lady Clarke is ill and in great pain.
请记住 克拉克女士正陷入疾病与痛苦之中
I know.
我知道
I keep telling myself that.
我也是这样告诉自己的
Still I didn't want you to get a false impression of Thora
但我还是不希望因为我嫂嫂说过的话
from anything my sister-in-lam may have said.
而让你对托拉产生误解
Oh.
I can assure you, Monsieur Clarke,
我可以向你保证 克拉克先生
that Poirot never permits himself to get felse impressions
波罗从不允许他自己对别人告诉他的任何事
from anything anyone says.
产生误解
Good man.
那就好
Good man.
那就好
Good night, Mr. Poirot.
晚安 波罗先生
Good night, Monsieur Glarke.
晚安 克拉克先生
I cannot impress upon you enough to let your instincts rule.
我不希望让你们的直觉给你们留下太多的印象
If you should see anyone
如果你们看见任何
who fits the description of the stocking salesman,
与描述相符的丝袜推销员
you must report to the police but immediately.
你们必须立即向警察汇报
Even if you see someone who looks familiar
即使你们看见了貌似熟悉的某人
but you cannot quite place,
但又不能确定
even that is of significance.
即便如此也很重要
He'll never attempt it now
他绝不会现在就动手的
with a racecourse full of police.
赛马场上布满了警察
The man would have to be mad.
不然他一定是疯了
Unfortunately, ha is mad.
很不幸 他就是疯了
In my opinion,
我认为
the obsession of the murderer is so strong
这个凶手的强迫感太重了
that he must attempt to carry out what he promises.
所以他一定会按照他的承诺执行
Failure to do so would be to admit defeat,
不这样做就意味着认输
and that, his insane egoism would never permit.
而这点 是他那疯狂的自我理论决不能允许的
Ad, Mademoiselle Grey.
啊 格雷小姐
-I'm sorry. -No matter.
-很抱歉 -没关系
You are only 4 1/2 minutes late.
你只晚了四分半钟
Eh, bien.
那好吧
It is time for you to take your places.
到你们该就位的时候了
I wish you good luck.
祝你们好运
What about you, Poirot?
那你呢 波罗?
No, Hastings.
不 黑斯廷斯
My force, it is in my brains, not in my feet.
我的力量源自我的大脑 不是靠我的双脚
We will meet at 3:00 as arranged.
我们按计划3点钟见
Very well.
很好
32 yards,
32码
with winning prize money this year of 10,000 pounds.
今年奖金为10,000英镑
Hastings! Hastings!
黑斯廷斯!黑斯廷斯!
Excuse me.Hastings!
借过 黑斯廷斯!
It's all right. Everyone's in position.
没事的 大家都各就其位
No, no, no, Hastings, you do not understand,
不不不 黑斯廷斯 你不明白
Look at the crowds.
看看人群
Well, yes, I know. It's jammed everywhere.
哦 是啊 我知道 到处都拥挤不堪
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
就像是大海捞针
Yes, Hastings, yes!
是的 黑斯廷斯 是的
Where is the best place for a man to hide himself?
一个人最佳的藏身之处在哪里?
In a crowd of other men?
在人群之中?
Yes, Hastings, and where's the best place to conceal a murder?
是的 黑斯廷斯 那隐匿一桩谋杀的最佳地点又在哪里 ?
A murder? I don't know.
谋杀? 我不知道
Among a lot of other murders, I suppose.
我猜是躲在一堆其它的谋杀中吧
Prdcisement, Hastings.
正是 黑斯廷斯
At Churston, I said that the victims were chosen
在彻斯顿 我说过受害者是按
in a manner that was haphazard,
随意的方式进行挑选的
selected only because of their initials, yes?
挑选范围仅限于他们姓氏的初始字母 是吧?
I was wrong, Hastings.
我错了 黑斯廷斯
All of the victims are haphazard, yes, except for one.
所有受害者都是随意挑的 没错 除了一个
This monster is committing a series of murders
这个怪物犯下一系列谋杀
in order to draw away our attention
只是为了把我们的注意力
from one murder in particular.
从一件特定的谋杀案上引开
Excuse me.
请让一下
Excuse me.
请原谅
Now then, sir.
喂 先生
Show's over.
电影结束了
I think he's ill.
我想他是病了
Hey, we better. erm...
嘿 我们最好...
By Hank, that looks like blood!
哎呀 这好像是血
Look what's under his seat.
看看他座位下是什么
It's an A.B.C.
那是本A.B.C
What time?
什么时候?
Right, I'll be right over.
好吧 我马上过来。
Eh,I've was had already in cold.
哦 我已用冷水洗了
Eh, I cut my hand.
额 我割伤了手
You all right, sir?
你没事吧 先生?
Just tell us what happened, please, Mr. Downes.
请告诉我们发生了什么事 道恩斯先生
There's a woman to see you, sir.
有位女士要见您 长官
Says it's urgent.
说是急事
When was this?
这是什么时候的事?
Oh, about 4:15.
噢 大约是4:15
Well. that's three hours ago.
那是3小时之前了
Well, I didn't think of it at the time.
哦 我那时候根本没想到
Not until I'd heard there'd been another murder.
直到我听说又发生了一起谋杀案
But he said he'd cut his hand.
可他说他割伤了手
If you please, madam, can you describe this man?
如果可以 女士 你能描述一下这个人吗?
Well, he's tall, and he stoops,
他挺高 有点驼背
and he wears glasses.
还戴着眼镜
And his clothes?
那他穿什么衣服?
A dark suit and overcoat and an homburg hat.
一件黑色上装和一顶翘边帽
A bit shabby-looking.
看上去很破旧
Looks like blood, sir
看起来像是血 长官
Get it analyzed.
拿去化验
Poirot, we found it.
波罗 我们找到了
We found the name in the register
我们找到了登记簿里的名字
-What is it? -Look.
-叫什么? -看
A.B.Case.
Or is it Cash?
或者是Cash?
Well, It's A.B.C. anyway.
不管怎样 就是A.B.C
Case, Cast.
案件主角
And a London address: 17 Market Street, Southwark.
还有伦敦住址:萨瑟克区商店路17号
There's a suitcase under the bed, sir.
床底下有个箱子 长官
Get it out, and let's have a look.
拿出来 让我们看看
Stockings, Silk stockings.
长筒袜 长筒丝袜
You were right, Poirot.
你是对的 波罗
Something else here, sir, right at the back.
还有别的东西 长官 就在里面
It's a knife.
是把刀子
Don't touch it.
别碰它
Get the bed out.
把床拖出来
It was funny, though.
尽管有些可笑
The way he said good-bye,
他会以这种方式来告别
as if he'd never see us again.
似乎他再也不会看见我们了
Told me he was going to Chelteoham.
他告诉我打算去切尔滕纳姆
Poor Mr. Cust.
可怜的卡斯特先生
I can't believe it.
我简直无法相信
Terrible, the news nowadays, isn't it?
眼下的新闻真可怕 不是吗?
Nothing but this murder business.
尽是关于那宗谋杀案的报道
Gives me the creeps, it does.
让我毛骨悚然
You'll be watched.
会有人监视你
You'll be questioned.
审问你
You'll be followed.
跟踪你
You've been very careful.
你已经非常谨慎了
But you never know with lunatics.
可你永远无法了解那些疯子
Nasty business, eh?
恶劣的勾当 嗯?
Your fate, it's written.
你的命运已经写好了
It's writtee in your hand.
就写在你的手中
You've got to admit,
你得承认
most celebrated men in England.
英格兰最著名的人
I die on the gallows.
会死在绞刑架上
I killed Lily James,
是我杀了利利·詹姆斯
and now I am going to kill-Kill!
而且我现在打算杀-- 杀!
Kill!
so that's that, committed for trial.
就这样了 提交审判吧
Chief Inspector, what is your opinion of Monsieur Cust?
总督查 你对卡斯特先生有何看法?
That he's playing a very crafty game.
他玩的是一个很狡诈的游戏
Ha's an epileptic, the doctors tell me.
医生告诉我他是个癫痫患者
But is it possible for a man to commit a crime
可是一个人有可能在
without being aware of it?
无意识状态下作案吗?
Well, he might try that line of defense
哦 如果没有那些信的话
if it wasn't for the letters.
他可以试试用这点来辩护
They show premeditation.
它们证实了这是预谋犯罪
And of those letters, we still have no explanation whatsoever.
那些信件 无论如何 我们仍然无法解释
Until I have a reason for those letters being written to me,
除非我找到写那些信给我的理由
I will not feel that thin case is solved.
否则我不认为这件案子已经解决了
there's a Mr. strange wating in your office, sir.
有位无名氏在您办公室等着 长官
He says it'surgent.
他说是急事
Chief Inspector Japp.
贾普总督查?
That's me.
是我
It's about that Bexhill murder.
是有关那件贝克斯希尔谋杀案的事
He swears by all that's blue
他以名誉发誓
that he met Cust in the Royal George Hotel
他在伊斯特本的皇家乔治饭店遇到了卡斯特
in Eastbourne on the evening of August the 24th,
就在8月24日晚上
that they had dinner together,
他们还一起吃了晚饭
and then played dominoes until well after midnight.
然后玩多米诺骨牌直至午夜
And if he is telling the truth,
如果他说的是事实
Monsieur Cust could not have been on the bench et Bexhill
卡斯特先生不可能在凌晨0点到1点之间
between l2:00 and 1:00,
在贝克斯希尔海滨
strangling Mademoiselle Betty Barnard.
勒死贝蒂·巴纳德小姐
Listen, he did the Andover murder.
听着 安多弗命案就是他干的
He did the Churston murder.
他犯下了彻斯特命案
He did the Doncaster murder.
他犯下了唐卡斯特命案
He must have done the Bexhill murder.
贝克斯希尔命案肯定也是他干的
Why?
为什么?
I don't know why.
我不知道为什么
Because he's barmy, that's why.
因为他傻了 这就是原因
Excuse me, Monsieur Cust.
打扰了 卡斯特先生
For they shall be comforted.
他们将会得到安慰。
I am Heroule Foirot.
我是赫尔克里·波罗
Oh, yes.
噢 是的
l am the man to whom you wrote those letters.
我就是那个你写信给我的人
I never wrote to you.
我从未给你写过信
I told them over and over again.
我告诉过他们很多遍了
If you did not write those letters, Monsieur Cust,
如果你没写过那些信 卡斯特先生
who did?
谁会写呢?
I don't know.
我不知道
They're all against me.
他们全都在针对我
They always have been.
他们总这样
Even when you were a child?
当你还是孩子时也这样?
No.
不是
But my mother was ambitious.
但我母亲雄心勃勃
She gave me these ridiculous names.
就是她给我取了这个荒谬的名字
Alexander Bonaparte...
亚历山大·波拿巴...
Cust.
卡斯特
She had some absurd notion
她有些可笑的念头
that I would cut a figure in the world.
认为我会举世闻名
And what do I end up as?
可最后我成了什么?
A door-to-door stocking salesman.
一个逐户卖袜子的推销员
You are aware, are you not...
你是否知道...
that the firm who you say employed you denied the fact?
那家你以为雇佣你的公司已经否认了你是他们的员工?
Yes.
是的
But I've got their letters to me,
可我收到了他们的信
giving the instructions as to what places to go
指示我要去什么地方
and a list of people upon whom to call.
还有一份拜访对象的名单
But all of the letters,
可所有的信
they were typed on the machine found in your room.
都是用你房间里的打字机打的
The typewriter was sent to me by the firm
那个打字机是在我刚工作时
at the beginning of my job.
公司寄给我的
But the letters were sent after you received the machine.
可那些信是在你收到打字机后才收到的
Sn it looks, does it not.
所以这看来
as though you typed them
就像是你打了那些信
and then posted them to yourself?
然后把它们寄给了你自己?
Yes, I know. I know.
是的 我知道 我知道
But I couldn't have done the second murder, though, could I?
就算这样 但我不可能作第二起案子 是吗?
The Baxhill one.
贝克斯希尔的那件案子
I was playing dominoes in Eastbourne, wasn't I
我正在伊斯特本玩多米诺骨牌 不是吗?
It is a game that is very absorbing,
那是个极有趣的游戏
is it not, Monsieur Cust?
不是吗 卡斯特先生?
Oh,there's a lot of play in it, a lot of play.
噢 它里面有很多技巧 很多技巧
When I wan a clerk in the city,
当我还在城里当职员时
we used to play every lunch hour.
我们每天在午餐时间玩
You'd be surprised the way
你会为那种方式感到奇怪
total strangers can come together
素不相识的人会聚在一起
over a game of dominoes.
玩多米诺骨牌
Oh?
噢?
Yes.
是的
I remember one person in particular.
我记得有一个人很特别
We just got talking over a cup of coffee
我们只喝了杯咖啡 聊了会儿
and started dominoes.
然后就开始玩多米诺
I've not been able to forget something that he told me.
我无法忘记他告诉过我的一些话
What did he say?
他说了什么?
Talking about your fate being written in your hand.
他说你的命运就写在你的手中
Told me some amazing things.
告诉了我些不可思议的事
Said I was going to be
说在我死前
the most celebrated man in England before I died.
我会成为英格兰最著名的人
but that...
可是...
Yes?
什么?
“It almost looks as though
“看起来好像
you're going to die on the gallows.”
你会死在绞刑架上”
That's it.
就是这样
Laughed afterwards.
然后他大笑起来
Said it was only a joke.
说这只是个玩笑
But I suffer quite badly from my head, do you know?
但我的头令我痛苦异常 你知道吗?
I mean, there are times when I don't...
我是说 有时候我并不...
I don't seem to remember whatI 've done.
我好像不记得我做过什么了
-But you do know that you committed the murders.
可你却知道你犯了谋杀罪
Yes.
是的
Yes, I do know that.
是的 我确实知道
And I am right, am I not,
那我这么说对不对?
that you do not knom why you mhy yon oummittud them?
就是你并不知道你为什么要犯罪?
No.
是的
No, I don't.
是的 我不知道
I'm not having that dream anymore.
我不再做那个梦了
No.
是嘛
All that will disappear with time.
所有的一切将随着时间而消逝
I don't want to forget Bsttd, though.
但我不想忘记贝蒂
No.
是的
We won't forget her.
我们不会忘记她的
Here he is.
他来了
About ruddy time too.
也太有空了吧
I don'tknow what this is in aid of, Poirot.
我不知道这还有什么用 波罗
The case is over, done with, finished.
这个案子已经过去了 解决了 结束了
That is true, Chief Inspector.
这倒没错 总督察
The mae, Test, he is is prison.
那个卡斯特 他在牢里
There will be no more killings. Finished.
不会再有杀戮了 结束了
But, you see, I know nothing.
可你看 我还什么情况都没了解
And there is also one small fact that is vexing.
另外 还有一个令人伤脑筋的事实
Moesiser Aest has as alibi for the night of the crime
卡斯特先生有一个不在场的证据
that he is alleged to have committed cn this beach.
能证明案发当晚他没在这片海滩上做过案
from the beginning,
从一开始
I have felt that there was something wrong
我就觉得我收到的
with these letters that I received.
那些信有些不对劲
And there was.
而且确实如此
I had assumed that they were written by a madman.
我曾以为它们是一个疯子写的
Mais non.
但不对
They were written by a sane man pretending to be mad.
它们是出自一个装作疯狂的正常人之手
When do you notice least a pin?
你何时会注意到针这样的细微物体?
Shh!
嘘!
Don't clatter so, Millie.
别这么卡搭卡搭的 米莉
When it is in a pincushion.
当它在针垫里时
When do you notice least an individual murder?
你何时会注意到一个单独谋杀案的细枝末节?
When it is one of a series of related murders.
当它是一系列相关谋杀案的其中一件时
Hold on a minute. Hold on.
等一下 等一下
Cust did the murders.
那些谋杀案就是卡斯特作的
He was caught red-handed, more or less.
他几乎是被当场抓住的
Blood on his coat, knife under his bed.
他外套上的血迹 他床底下的刀子
He even admits to the murders.
甚至他本人也认了罪
What more do you want?
你还想要什么?
When I first saw Monsieur Cust, Chief Inspector,
当我一看到卡斯特先生时 总督查
I knew he was not guilty.
我就知道他不可能有罪
For such a plan, Monsieur Cust had neither the cunning,
对于这样一个计划而言 卡斯特先生既不够狡猾
the daring, nor may I add, the brains.
不够胆量 我还可以说 也不够聪明
The murderer must have flirted with Mademoiselle Betty Barnard.
凶手一定和贝蒂·巴纳德小姐调过情
Sumehuw he got her to remove her belt
他设法让她解下了腰带
with which she was strangled.
并用它勒死了她
You have seen Monsieur Cust.
你们都见过卡斯特先生
Can you imagine Monsieur Cust, as you English say,
你们想的到卡斯特先生 按你们英国人的说法
gutting off with a pretty young girl?
会和一位漂亮的年轻姑娘亲热吗?
Monsieur Cust making the click?
卡斯特先生能使人一见如故?
Mr. Poirot, please.
波罗先生 拜托
All along,
自始至终
I was aware of a dual personality of the murderer.
我一直觉得凶手有着双重性格
Now I see wherein it consisted.
现在我知道它是由什么组成的了
Two people were involved.
涉案者有两人
The real murderer: cunning, resourceful, and daring.
真正的凶手:狡诈 诡计多端 还胆大妄为
Aud the pseudo murderer:
而这个虚拟的凶手
stupid, vacillating, and above all,
愚蠢 优柔寡断 还有最重要的一点
suggestible.
易受影响
The murderer had been considering
凶手当时正反复考虑着
already several schemes
几种计划
when a chance meeting with Monsieur Custnt produced an idea.
是他与卡斯特先生的偶遇使他有了一个主意
Hin epileptic seizures, his headaches,
他的癫痫症 他的头痛症
indeed the whole shrinking personality of Monsieur Cust
特别是卡斯特先生浑身上下畏畏缩缩的模样
made him, for the murderer, an ideal tool.
使他成了凶手的理想工具
Perhaps his very name of Alexander Bonaparte Cust
也许是他那非比寻常的名字亚历山大·波拿巴·卡斯特
gave to the murderer the idea of the murders alphabetical.
让凶手有了按字母顺序谋杀的想法
The arrangements were excellent.
整个安排相当出色
Some letters were sent to Monsieur Cust,
一些信件寄给了卡斯特先生
as if from a well-known wholesaler,
像是来自一家知名的批发公司
offering him employment on salary and commission.
给他提供了一份带薪水和佣金的职业
In fact, the plans were so well laid down beforehand
其实 那些计划凶手事先就
by the murderer
精心安排好了
that the letters that were subsequently sent to me
那些随后寄给我的信
had already been typed.
早已经打好了
And afterwards, the typewriter that was used for the purpose
然后 那部用完的打字机被特意
was sent to Monsieur Cust, allegedly to use for business.
寄给了卡斯特先生 谎称便于工作
Tde preliminary plans completed,
前期计划已完成
the murder then set to work.
然后凶手开始行动
A list of potential clients in Andover
一份安多弗潜在客户的名单
is sent to Monsieur Cust,
寄给了卡斯特先生
and he is instructed to go there on August the 21th.
然后指示他于8月21号前往那里
Monsieur Cust does as he is directed.
卡斯特先生按令把事办完
And laster that day,Madam Ascher,
随后 那天的稍晚时分 埃希尔女士
she is murdered most brutally.
她被残忍地谋杀了
A few days later,
几天后
he is instructed to go to Bexhill-on-Sea,
他接到命令去了贝克斯希尔海滨
and on that particular list of clients is Madam Barnard.
而那份特定名单上的客户是巴纳德女士
That night,
那天晚上
Mademoiselle Betty Barnard is straedled with her own belt
贝蒂·巴纳德小姐被自己的腰带勒死
on the beach.
在海滩上
At Churston, Lady Clarke observes
在彻斯顿 克拉克女士注意到
Mademoiselle Grey talking with Monsieur Cust,
格雷小姐在和卡斯特先生谈话
sod Sir Garmichael Carke, he also dies.
随即卡迈克尔爵士 他也死了
Three crimes,
三起罪行
and Monsieur Cust is at the scene of each one of them.
卡斯特先生每一起都在现场
So...
所以...
I was then forced back to the simple question:
我被迫回到了一个简单的问题:
Cui bono?
何人受益?
Who stood to gain anything from ever one of the murders?
谁能从这些谋杀案中获益?
Madam Ascher had no money,
埃希尔女士没钱
no therefore, you, Mademoiselle Drower,
所以你 德劳尔小姐
had nothing to gain from the death of your aunt.
从你姨妈的死中得不到任何好处
Mademoiselle Betty Barnard?
贝蒂·巴纳德小姐呢?
Eh, bien.
好的
She was not rich
她并不富裕
and lived on the no doubt niggardly salary
而且仅仅是靠着德拉沃餐馆
paid to her by the De La Warr Pavilion.
付给她的微薄工资度日
Sir Carmichael Clarke now
然后就是卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士
Well, as the newspapers endlessly informed us,
哦 就像报纸上一遍遍不停宣扬的那样
Sir Carmichael Clark was a millionaire many times over.
卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士是个百万富翁
What are you suggesting?
你在暗示什么?
Persons suffering from epilepsy, Mademoiselle Grey,
人患了颠痫 格雷小姐
often have blanks when they cannot remember
通常会有记忆的空白 他们不会记得
what they have just done.
他们做过些什么事
Monsieur Cust suffered from these.
卡斯特先生为此饱受折磨
He was also nervous, highly neurotic,
同时他精神紧张 神经高度过敏
and extremely suggestible.
而且极其易受影响
The Andover crime meant him at first nothing.
首先发生的安多弗案件对他来说没有任何意义
The Bexhill crime?
贝克斯希尔案件呢?
Well, he was there at about the same time.
他当时差不多也在场
And then came Churston.
接着就该彻斯特了
So when he receives instructions to go to Doncaster,
当他接到指令前往唐卡斯特时
knowing as he does
他肯定料到
that the next A.B.C. murder will take place in that city,
下一桩A.B.C谋杀案将在那座城市发生
he loses his nerve.
他丧失了勇气
He begins to imagine that his landlady
他开始臆想他的房东
is looking at him in a manner most suspicious,
用无比怀疑的眼神盯着他
ash ha tells her that he is going to Cheltenham.
于是他告诉她 他要去切尔滕纳姆
Just as you say, Mr. Cust.
既然你这么说了 卡斯特先生
And this is where the understanding
而这就是因为凶手
of the personality of Monsieur Cust
摸透了卡斯特先生的性格
by the murderer pays dividends.
给他所带来的好处
In spite of every inner voice
尽管内心里的每个声音
telling Monsieur Cust not to go to Doncaster,
都告诉卡斯特先生别去唐卡斯特
nevertheless, he goes.
但他还是去了
Why does he go?
为什么他要去呢?
Because it is his duty.
因为那是他的职责
Monsieur Cust goes to a cinema.
卡斯特先生去了家电影院
And when the film comes to an end,
电影临近尾声
he starts to leave.
他起身打算离开
But while his back is turned,
可就在他转过身时
There occurs the stabbing of the fourth victim.
第四个受害者被刺死了
Excuse me.
不好意思
By killing four people,
不惜杀了四人
our murderer hoped to disguise
我们的凶手只希望能掩盖
the one murder with a real motive,
一件有真正动机的谋杀
that of your brother, Sir Carmichael Clarke.
那就是你的哥哥卡迈克尔·克拉克爵士
But who is this murderer you keep talking about?
可你一直说的这个凶手是谁呢?
You're not implying it's me?
你暗指的不会就是我吧?
Well, I couldn't have killed that fellow in the cinema.
我不可能杀死电影院里的那个家伙
I was at racecourse with the rest of you.
我和你们当时都在赛马场
Indeed you were, Monsieur Clarke.
你是在那儿 克拉克先生
And the murderer stayed in place at the racecourse
而且凶手一直待在赛马场
until the crowds began to gather.
直至人群密集
Soon it would be impossible
一会儿工夫就变得
to check on the movements of anyone,
无法确认任何人的行踪了
and our murderer, he quietly slips away.
然后我们的凶手就悄无声息的溜走了
In the letter that Monsieur Cust received
在那封卡斯特先生收到的
from his soit disant employer,
他那所谓的雇主寄给他的信里
he is instructed at which hotel to stay,
他接到了该住哪家旅馆的指示
so there is no difficulty in picking him up.
所以 要找到他一点也不难
Our murderer follows Monsieur Cust to the cinema,
我们的凶手跟随卡斯特先生去了电影院
and in the darkness,
在黑暗中
he cold-blondedly takes his opportunity.
他残忍的抓住了机会
And when the program comes to an end,
当电影快结束
and Monsieur Cust is leaving,
卡斯特先生准备离开时
he does not realize that the person he passes in the aisle
他没注意到在过道里与他擦身而过的那个人
also slips into his pocket a knife.
在他的口袋里塞了一把刀
This is rot!
一派胡言
I've never heard such out-and-out rot!
我从未听过如此彻头彻尾的胡扯!
No, Monsieur Clarke,
不 克拉克先生
you were safe enough
你现在高枕无忧了
and almost certain to inherit the wealth of your brother
而且几乎肯定能继承你哥哥的巨额遗产
as long as no one suspected you.
只要没人怀疑你
But as soon as you were suspected,
可一旦你被怀疑
the proofs, they were easy to find.
证据就好找多了
Proofs?
证据?
You haven't got any proofs.
你得不到任何证据
What proots?
什么证据?
Your fingerprints, Monsieur Clarke.
你的指纹 克拉克先生
They were disvovered on the the typewriter
在卡斯特先生收到的打字机上
that was sent to Monsieur Cust.
发现了你的指纹
The typewriter, which, if you were innocent,
那个打字机 如果你是无辜的
you could never have handled.
你是绝无可能碰过的
You little...
你个...
jackanapes!
狂妄无礼的小人!
There he is!
他在那里!
Come on. After him!
快点 抓住他!
Wilkinson!
威尔金森!
Get him!
抓住他!
Well,that's that,I suppose.
好了 就这样了 我想
Can't believe it.
难以相信
I just can't believe it.
我真是难以相信
He was afraid, Mademoiselle Grey.
他害怕 格雷小姐
He was afraid that while the cancer took care of Lady Clarke,
他怕当克拉克女士死于癌症后
his brother, Sir Carmichael,
他哥哥卡迈克尔爵士
might have turned his attentions towards you,
可能会将注意力转向你
might even perhaps have married you.
甚至可能会与你结婚
Then his hopes of inheritance, it would be lost forever.
那他的遗产梦就永远无法实现了
By killing his brother,
杀死他哥哥后
Monsieur Franklin Clarke ensures
富兰克林·克拉克先生可以确保
that when the cancer finally overcomes Lady Clarke,,
当癌症最终击溃克拉克女士后
the family fortune, it will be his.
家族的遗产都将是他的
Mr. Poirot
波罗先生
I understand why he wrote all those letters,
我知道他写那些信的原因了
beneese without them,
因为没有了它们
the murders wouldn't have seemed connected.
这些谋杀案就像是没有了关联
Whet I don't onderuteod in why he wrote them to you.
我不理解的是 为什么他要写信给你
Why not to Scotland Yard?
为什么不写给苏格兰场?
Because, mon ami, you could not even arreage
因为 我的朋友 你无法使
for a letter addressed to Scotland Yard to go astray.
一封写给苏格兰场的信件误入歧途
Even the last-well-oriented postman would know
即便是毫无方向感的邮差也知道
where to deliver it.
该把信送去哪里
It was the very essence of the plan of Monsieur Clarke
克拉克先生这个计划的核心
that the third letter, it should go astray.
就是这第三封信必须先绕个弯子
The polioe were out to be told about the one murder
确保这起谋杀安然落幕时
with the real motive until it was asfely over.
警方还无从知晓它的具体位置
Alas, it had nothing to do with my undoubted fame.
唉 这和我的名声毫无相干
No.
Merely, he needed a private address.
他需要的仅是一个私人住址
It was the fingerprint on the typewriter
是靠打字机上的指纹
that really clinched things, of course.
才最终解决了这案子 毫无疑问
Ah, the fingerprints, yes.
啊 指纹 是啊
They are unefel.
它们帮了大忙
I put that in to please you, Hastings.
我是为了取悦你才编的这段 黑斯廷斯
You mean it wasn't true?
你意思说这不是真的?
Not in the least, mon ami.
一点没错 我的朋友
Good Lord.
上帝!
Well, if you don't want it on the sideboard
如果你不想把他放在餐柜上
where do you want it?
那你想放哪里?
It's the smell, Hasthings.
它的气味 黑斯廷斯
It does not seem to fade.
好像还没消散
Oh, it's early days yet, Poirot.
哦 这还是初级阶段 波罗
I gave him a bit of a spray with some cologne yesterday.
我昨天给他喷了点古龙香水
Whose cologne, Hastings?
谁的古龙香水 黑斯廷斯?
Well, it was, urn...
哦 是 嗯...
I'll just...
稍等...
Hello, Chief Inspector.
你好 总督查
Captain Hastings.
黑斯廷斯上尉
Morning, Poirot.
早 波罗
I brought someone to see you.
我带了一个人来见你
Monsieur Cust
卡斯特先生!
I just had to come and say thank you, Mr. Poirot.
我一定要来谢谢您 波罗先生
You are a very great man.
你真是个伟大的人
Oh, he knows that.
噢 这点他太清楚了
Thank you very much, Monsieur Cust.
非常感谢你 卡斯特先生
Oh!
噢!
Merci!
谢谢!
If it hadn't been for you...
如果不是您...
Thank you.
谢谢
Do you know a newspaper has offered me 100 pound
你知道吗? 有家报社给我100英镑
pound--
100英镑--
for a brief account of my life and experiences.
就为了简短报道一下我的一生和经历
Oh.
Do not accept, Monsieur Cust.
别答应 卡斯特先生
You must stand firm.
你必须坚持
You must say to them that your price is now 500 pounds.
你必须向他们说你现在的价码是500英镑
Do you think so?
你真这样认为吗?
Mais certainement!
当然!
Do you not realize, Monsieur Cust,
你还没意识到 卡斯特先生
that today, you are the most famous man ia England?
如今你已是英格兰最有名的人吗?
You're right.
你说得对
You're absolutely right.
你说得对极了
Famous.
有名的
Well, I must say the money will be most agreeable.
哦 我不得不说钱总能让人愉快无比
I shall take a short holiday, and...
我会去度个短假 然后...
I say.
我说
What a creature!
真是一种了不得的动物!
Do you like it?
你喜欢?
It's magnificent.
它太美了
I shot it, as a matter of fact.
事实上 是我射死的
You shot it?
是你射死的?
Yes, when I was in South America.
没错 那时我还在南美洲呢
Oh, I should like to hear that story.
噢 我很想听听那段故事
Oh?
噢?
Right. Well.
很好
Sit down, Mr. Cust.
坐下吧 卡斯特先生
It was when I was up in Venezuela.
那是我在委内瑞拉的时候
We were a few miles upstream of La Urbana,
我们在离拉阿巴纳几英里处的上游
which is actually one of the hottest places in the world.
那里真是世界上最热的地方之一
The humidity was absolutely unbearable.
空气湿度绝对让人难以忍受
We'd been in portage around white water all day.
我们沿着白河搬运了一整天
I was pretty exhausted, I can tell you.
我可以告诉你 我都快精疲力尽了
And suddenly, we rounded a bend in the river
然后 我们突然在河里拐了个弯
and came upon the most extraordinary sight.
接着一幕最不可思议的景象出现了
Just down below the rapids was a native canoe
就在急流后面的低处有一艘当地的独木舟
obviously in some kind of trouble,
很明显正处于窘境
and I suddenly realized that they were being pursued
然后我突然意识到 他们正被
by something rather horrid.
一些相当可怕的东西追赶着