Completely empty box.
空空如也的盒子
If you'd like to examine it...
你们可以检查一下
I see nothing in this box but a wasted childhood.
盒子里除了空虚的童年时光 空无一物
Little snarky there, cello Lessons.
吐槽过分了吧 学大提琴的
And we have this completely ordinary cylinder.
这里还有一个十分普通的圆筒
If you'd like to examine it...
你们也可以检查一下
Ordinary, yet I sense it is
看似普通 不过我感觉到它
dripping with magical potential.
隐隐散发的魔力了
A man pops out for a moment to evacuate his bowels
人家只是走开了一下 清了清肠子
and catch up on the adventures of the Caped Crusader,
顺便追一下斗篷战士[蝙蝠侠别称]的冒险之旅
only to emerge and discover his apartment
再出来就发现家里
has been transformed into a cabaret.
赫然变成卡巴莱酒馆了
Sheldon, he's just practicing for
谢尔顿 他是在为他表弟的
his cousin's birthday party.
生日派对提前排练啦
empty box, empty cylinder,
空盒子 空圆筒
I'm telling you, dude, there's a seat on
我跟你讲 哥们 霍格沃茨特快的
the Hogwarts Express with your name on it.
车厢中 肯定有你的一席之地
This is how you're going to entertain
你就准备用这种方式
your little cousin and his friends?
娱乐你的小表弟和他朋友吗
How is this lying?
这怎么能是骗呢
A magic show is an inherently deceitful proposition.
魔术表演本来就是充满了坑蒙拐骗
"This is an ordinary top hat."
"这是一顶普通的礼帽哦"
"You've chosen that card freely."
"这张牌是你随便抽的哦"
"I do not have a set of lock picks lodged in my keister."
"我的屁眼里可没夹着开锁工具哦"
Can't you just enjoy the wonder, Sheldon?
你就不能享受一下奇迹的瞬间吗 谢尔顿
Why must you peek behind the curtain?
干吗一定要窥探揭秘呢
Or up the butt?
或是窥探人家的屁屁
If we poison the critical thinking faculties of children
跟小朋友说 帽子里变出了兔子
by telling them that rabbits come out of hats,
将会荼毒他们的批判性思维能力
then we create adults who believe in astrology and homeopathy
他们成年后会相信占星术和顺势疗法
and that Ryan Reynolds was a better choice
导致瑞安·雷诺兹就因此比
for Green Lantern than lovable rogue Nathan Fillion.
卖萌小混混 内森·菲利安更适合演《绿灯侠》
he's just gonna do a few magic tricks for some kids.
他只不过是给孩子们表演一点魔术而已
I really don't think they're gonna end up
不会害那些孩子长大变成
liking the Green Lantern movie.
喜欢雷诺兹版《绿灯侠》的白痴
Don't be so hard on him.
别对他这么凶嘛
It's natural to be a little cranky when you have...
他这么烦躁有情可原 因为他...
a quarter in your ear!
耳朵里有25美分
Coins lodged in body parts is not a source of amusement.
硬币塞在别人身上一点都不好笑
When I was five, Billy Sparks put
我五岁时 比利·斯巴克斯将一枚
a Mexican peso up my nose.
墨西哥比索塞进了我的鼻子
Wait-wait-wait, how is that not amusing?
等一下 这哪里不好笑啊
It's still there.
到现在还没弄出来
Takes me 45 minutes to get through airport security.
害我每次要耗费45分钟才能过机场安检
Look, I made Sheldon disappear. Ta-da.
瞧 我把谢尔顿给变没了
Next time, you should open with that.
下次就用把他变不见为开场吧
本字幕由 YYeTs人人影视 翻译制作更多美剧原创翻译 请登陆 www.YYeTs.net
Ooh, look who's out on a date.
哎呀 那边在约会的是谁啊
Pasadena's favorite power couple, Shamy.
是帕萨迪纳市的超人气金童玉女 谢米组合
And that is the answer to the question,
她刚才回答之前的那问题了
what is wrong with eating at The Cheesecake Factory?
"为什么来芝士蛋糕工厂吃饭是错误的选择"
So, are we celebrating anything special tonight?
今晚是有值得特别庆祝的事情吗
Our relationship agreement specifies
我们的恋爱协议明确规定了
that the second Thursday of every month,
每个月的第二个星期四
or the third Thursday in a month with five Thursdays,
如一个月有五个周四 则第三个星期四
That is so hot.
好一段热情如火的感情啊
All right, without objection, the minutes of the previous date
好了 如无异议 上一次约会的概要记录
are considered read and agreed to.
就算是已经阅毕并同意通过了
Any new business?
有什么新事宜吗
How was your day?
你今天过得怎么样
This morning I made a palindrome
今天早上我用字母麦片
with my Alpha-Bits.
拼成一句回文
"Nice hat, Bob Tahecin."
"宝宝帽子毛宝宝"
Sounds like you hit the ground running.
听起来你过得挺不错
I have a bit of good news myself.
我自己有一件好消息
My most recent paper
我最近撰写的论文
on how a cooperative long-term potentiation
主题是协同性长时程增强
can map memory sequences in dendritic branches
何以找出神经元树突的记忆序列
made the cover of Neuron.
成功上了《神经元》杂志封面了
Ooh! Speaking of good news,
哦 说到好消息
just hit 100 Twitter followers.
刚刚有了一百名推特粉丝哦
Anyway, I've been dreaming of this day
总之 我一直梦想着这一天的到来
- for a long time. - Yeah, me, too.
-已经很久很久了 -对啊我也是
Triple digits, I'm not gonna lie--
三位数的粉丝啊 不骗你
it feels pretty good.
这感觉太爽了
I'm the sole author on a paper being published
我以唯一作者的身份在著名期刊上发表了
in a distinguished journal that may change
自己的论文 而且有可能改变
the course of my field.
我研究的这个科学领域
Air's getting a bit thin up here.
兴奋得都有些喘不过来气了
So, are we ready to order?
那么 准备好点菜了吗
I'm gonna go wash up.
我去整理一下仪容
We both washed up when we came in.
我们明明进来时就一起去了
It's probably a euphemism for urination.
大概是排尿的委婉说法吧
Sheldon, what is wrong with you?
谢尔顿 你有毛病啊
Not much. Although, I can be faulted
没大有 当然 要说缺点的话
for being overly fond of koala bears.
我就是太过于喜欢考拉熊了
I don't know what it is,
我也不知道怎么回事
when they start munching on eucalyptus,
每当看到它们在桉树上大嚼特嚼时
I just melt inside.
我整个人都融化了
Okay, Amy just told you some exciting news,
艾米刚告诉你一个好消息
and you acted like it was no big deal.
而你却表现得毫不在乎
Oh, I see why you're confused.
我知道你为什么会困惑
No, her news sounded important, but what you're forgetting is,
她的消息听上去很重要 可你忘了
it was an achievement in the field of biology.
那是生物学领域的成就
That's all about yucky, squishy things.
都是恶心黏黏的东西
Honey, she's upset. You're her boyfriend.
亲爱的 她生气了 你是他男朋友
You have to at least try to be excited
你至少也该试着
by the things she's excited by.
为她高兴的事而高兴吧
What if they simply don't excite me?
如果我就是高兴不起来呢
Well, just smile and think about koalas.
那就想想考拉 然后笑一个
She'd see right through that.
她立马就能识破
We go to the zoo all the time.
我们经常去动物园
She knows my koala face.
她知道我看考拉的脸
And for future reference, it's this.
以备将来参考 就是这样
Oh, you have a lot of magic stuff.
你有这么多魔术道具啊
I started when I was a teenager.
我十几岁就开始玩魔术
I thought I could show a girl a few tricks
当年觉得可以先用小魔术泡妞
and invite her up to my bedroom to see the rest of the act.
再邀请她来房里看更多"好戏"
Ah, let's just say the only wand
这么说吧 唯一一"根"
that ever saw any action was this one.
有看到好戏的"棒子" 是这根
Oh, look what my mom made us for the act.
看我妈为我们的表演做的
I like the fabric.
这布料不错啊
Where'd she get it?
她从哪得来的
Well, she cut up one of her old bathing suits.
她把一条旧泳衣剪了
She made these two vests and half a dozen napkins.
她做了这两件背心和六张餐巾
Has she tried on the vest yet?!
她试了背心吗
I just gave it to her!
我刚拿给她
I hope it fits-- she has a tricky figure!
希望能合身 她身材不好量
She's short and stacked, like me!
跟我一样又矮又巨乳
She's not stacked like you, Ma! She never steps on hers!
她才不算巨乳 老妈 她不会踩到自己的胸
Listen, Howie, maybe I'm not the best choice
华仔 我可能不太适合
to be a magician's assistant.
当魔术师助手
You'll do fine. Hand me those rings?
你肯定行 把那些环递给我
See? You nailed it.
瞧 你做得多好
You know, i-it's just that I'm not that comfortable with little kids.
我只是不太喜欢跟小孩子在一起
Well, that's because you haven't been around them much.
那是因为你很少跟他们玩
This is good practice. I mean,
这是练习的好机会
you are gonna be a mom someday, right?
你总有一天要做妈妈的嘛
I haven't seen this trick in years.
我好久没看过这个了
It's called the dove pan.
这叫鸽子锅
You let everyone see the pan is empty,
先让观众看锅是空的
but there's a secret compartment in the lid.
但其实盖子里有个暗格
And then you open it and produce a live...
然后打开变出一个活的...
Don't look in there.
千万别看里面
Oh, a little Red Dead Redemption, huh?
在玩死亡救赎呢
How come you're not doing a mission?
你怎么不做任务啊
You're just wandering around.
只在那闲逛
Had a rough night.
今晚被郁闷了
I thought I'd go for a walk and clear my head.
我想散散步 清静一下
Some people go outside and do that.
正常人会出门散步
It's after 9:00-- at this hour the streets of Pasadena
已经过九点了 这时候的帕萨迪纳街头
are teeming with drunken sailors and alley cats.
到处是喝醉的水手和野猫
You want to talk about it?
要不要谈一谈
I think I'll just go in this saloon
我还是进这家酒馆
and drink my troubles away.
借酒浇愁吧
You know digital alcohol is never a solution.
电子酒精是解决不了问题的
Hard as this may be to believe,
说出来也没人信
it's possible that I'm not boyfriend material.
我可能不是当男朋友的料
Glad I was sitting down for that.
幸好我是坐着听的啊
Did you and Amy get in a fight?
你跟艾米吵架啦
Amy had a fight; I was being perfectly reasonable.
艾米在吵 我可通情达理了
I'm gonna have a whiskey.
我要喝杯威士忌
Do you want anything?
你要喝点什么吗
I'm playing Grand Theft Auto later.
我一会儿还要玩侠盗猎车手呢
Look, I'm no expert in women...
我虽然不懂女人
That's not necessary when someone's trying to help you.
人家好心帮你 没必要这么损我吧
I'm sorry. It's the alcohol talking. Go on.
对不起 酒后胡话 你接着说
Sometimes with women you want to listen to what upsets them
有时候 你得倾听女人的烦心事
and then show them that you can grow and change.
然后让她们知道你能成长和改变
Nuts to that. What else you got?
屁话 还有别的招吗
I don't know what to tell you.
我不知道怎么跟你说
Buy her something.
买礼物给她呗
How does that work?
这有什么用
Well, you skip over any attempt to repair your emotional connection
略过任何修复感情的手段
and you win back her affection with an empty financial gesture.
直接用撒钱来赢回她的爱
Well, that approach has Sheldon Cooper written all over it.
这方法完全是我谢尔顿·库珀的作风
- Glad I could help. - It's appreciated.
-不用谢我 -要谢谢你
And if you ever manage to find a woman again,
如果你这辈子能再找到一个女人
I'll be glad to return the favor.
我也很乐意回报你
And now, all the rings are
现在 所有环都
magically linked together.
神奇地连起来了
My fiance's wearing a magic ring, too.
我未婚妻也戴着一个神奇的环
It made all my money disappear.
把我的钱都变没了
And now, the great Howdini's
现在请看 奇妙霍迪尼的
next miraculous illusion.
下一个神奇幻术
When are we gonna have cake?
我们什么时候能吃蛋糕
After you've been thoroughly amazed.
等你们完全被惊叹之后
But we want cake now.
我们现在就想吃
Well, you're not getting cake right now, capisce?
现在不给你们吃 懂了没
Now, my lovely assistant is going to bring me
现在 我可爱的助手将递给我
an ordinary pitcher of milk.
一大罐普通的牛奶
I know how you do that trick.
我知道这个魔术是怎么变的
Do you know how to pipe down?
那你知道怎么把嘴闭上吗
Okay, we're going to
好了 现在我要把
roll up this newspaper.
这张报纸卷起来
It's a fake pitcher.
那个牛奶罐是假的
You got wax in your ears?
你耳朵被耳屎堵上了是吗
The man said it's an ordinary pitcher.
这男人都说了这是个普通的罐子
Okay, we're going to stick this in here.
好的 现在我要把报纸塞进这里
And then I'm going to pour in the milk.
然后把牛奶倒进去
I hope this works,
但愿这个魔术会成功
because I didn't bring a change of pants.
我可没带多余的裤子来换
Look, I Googled it.
你看 我谷歌过了
It's a fake pitcher.
那就是个假罐子
No cake for you.
你今天没蛋糕吃了
Anyone else want to join the No Cake Club?
还有谁也不想吃蛋糕的
She's just kidding, boys and girls.
她只是开玩笑而已的 孩子们
Everyone gets cake.
每个人都有蛋糕吃
Just give me the pitcher.
把罐子给我
I told you I'm not good with kids.
我就说我跟小孩处不好嘛
Oh, I think my crotch is starting to curdle.
我的裤裆好像开始结乳块了
The thing is, my mother worked full-time.
是这样的 小时候我妈工作忙
I had to take care of my brothers and sisters.
弟弟妹妹们都是由我照顾
Ugh, it was horrible!
那简直糟透了
With their snotty noses and their poopy diapers
又得给他们擦鼻涕 又得换尿布
and their little shrieky voices, always complaining.
整天听着他们扯着嗓子抱怨
"I don't want to get dressed."
我不想穿衣服
"Joey keeps spitting in my mouth."
乔伊老是往我嘴里吐口水
"This isn't the way Mom makes waffles."
妈妈不是这样做华夫饼的
Well, okay, put your hand in here.
好吧 那你就把手放进烤饼机里
Let's see how you like this waffle!
看你喜不喜欢这焦手饼
All right, settle down.
好了 冷静点
Red light, red light!
红灯 红灯
I know it makes me sound like a bad person,
我知道这话会让我听起来像是个恶人
but I just don't like children.
但我真的不喜欢小孩
Yeah, no, we all got that.
不 这点我们都心知肚明
But don't you think it'll be different
但是你不觉得如果是亲生的孩子
when the child is ours?
情况就会不一样了吗
Right, when it's our kid that's ruined my body
是啊 等咱们的孩子毁了我的体型
and kept me up all night and I've got no career and no future
吵着我睡不了觉 害得我没工作没前途
and nothing to be happy about for the next 20 years,
而且在未来的二十年里毫无幸福可言
sure, that'll be completely different.
情况当然是不一样了
I don't think there's anything in this jewelry store
这间珠宝店里的任何一件珠宝
that Amy would appreciate more
都不可能比刚才
than the humidifier we were just looking at at Sears.
看的那台增湿器更让艾米满心欢喜了
Oh, my God, now I know what I sound like to you
天啊 我算是知道我说傻话时
when I say stupid stuff.
你的感受了
Okay, I don't think Amy wants a pocket watch.
好吧 我不认为艾米会喜欢怀表
No, but maybe she wants a man with a pocket watch.
也许不会 但也许她会喜欢戴怀表的男人
Still saying stupid stuff.
还在说傻话
Does she like bracelets?
她喜欢手镯吗
Well, she's very fond of her silver one
她很喜欢她那个刻着
that says "Allergic to penicillin."
"青霉素过敏"的银手镯
Maybe they have a dressier version of that?
没准他们这有差不多但是更讲究点的
Well, how are we doing this afternoon?
下午好呀
Are we looking for anything special?
你们有什么特别的需要吗
Perhaps a ring for the lady?
没准给这位美女买个戒指
Trust me, we are not a couple.
拜托 我们才不是情侣
I don't see why you get to snort derisively and point that out.
该嗤之以鼻的是我吧 哪轮得到你
You'd be lucky to land a fella like me.
你要是泡到我这样的男人 得谢天谢地了
Trust me, we are not a couple.
拜托 我们才不是情侣
My apologies. How can I help you today?
抱歉 有什么可以帮到二位的吗
He's in trouble with his girlfriend
他跟他女朋友吵架了
and needs to buy her a present.
所以想给她买个礼物
Great, trouble with girlfriends
好的 就是靠着男人买道歉礼物
is what's putting my daughter through USC.
我才供得起我女儿读大学的
Ooh, are these real diamonds?
这是真的钻石吗
Yes. Channel set baguettes, 20 points total weight.
是的 槽镶长钻 总重二十分
Diamonds, crystallized carbon.
钻石 不过就是结晶状的碳而已
Every day, people go to the grocery store
人们每天去杂货店
and come home with sacks full of carbon
买回家的也是碳
in the form of charcoal briquettes
只不过是被人丢进烤炉
that they toss in their barbeques and set on fire.
当火源的炭块
But just because you've got some carbon
可你这只不过有几块
with the atoms stacked neatly,
分子排列整齐的碳
you expect me to plunk down thousands of dollars.
你就指望我扔下几千美金来买
Actually, that's only 750.
实际上售价只有七百五十美金而已
Everything's on sale.
所有商品都打折
Really. Talk to me about that pocket watch.
真的吗 给我介绍一下那块怀表吧
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.
我还在琢磨那件事呢
I always thought I'd be a dad someday.
我一直觉得我某天会当上爸爸的
I've often pictured you guiding a young boy into manhood.
我脑海常浮现你把男孩抚育成男人的画面
There you go, Howard.
太好了 霍华德
Sounds like Raj'll have your babies; problem solved.
看来拉杰会替你生孩子的 问题解决了
Hey, just because a man shows caring for another man
一个男人对另一个男人表示关心
doesn't mean he's displaying the love
并不意味着是在向他表达
that dare not speak its name.
那种禁忌之爱
Did she definitely say she didn't want kids?
她明确说了不想要孩子吗
Yeah, she doesn't like them.
是啊 她十分不喜欢孩子
And from what I saw, the feeling was mutual.
据我看来 孩子们也不喜欢她
What are you gonna do?
你打算怎么办
I can't see a life where I don't have kids.
我无法想象没有孩子的人生
I mean, people have kids.
谁都有孩子啊
I mean, even Donkey Kong had Donkey Kong Jr.
就连大金刚都有个娃 小大金刚
So he could teach someone how to kidnap princesses
有个孩子能让他教导如何绑架公主
and throw barrels at Italian plumbers.
和怎么朝那意大利籍水管工丢木桶
绑架公主与朝水管工马里奥丢木桶皆为大金刚经典游戏内容
You know, there's no guarantee even if you have kids
但即使你有了孩子 也无法保证
that you're going to like them.
你就一定会喜欢他们啊
Wow, that's rough. Where'd you get that?
太可怕了 你从哪得来这感触的
It's right off the dust jacket of my mom's last book.
我妈最新著作封面上就写了这句话
Maybe me and Bernadette aren't right for each other.
或许我和伯纳黛特不合适
Look, Howard, I'd say there's a lot of fish in the sea,
霍华德 虽说海大何患无鱼
but I watched you dangle your hook in the water for years.
可我看着你晃着鱼钩钓了这么多年
Do not throw her back.
千万别放鱼归海啊
I don't want to, but this is kind of a deal breaker.
我也不想啊 可这事太破坏感情
What's your mom going to say if you call off the wedding?
要是你妈知道你想取消婚礼会如何
Oh, it'll kill her.
她会气死的
On the other hand, if I don't give her grandchildren,
但反过来说 她要知道以后没孙子抱
that'll kill her, too.
也会气死的
So, either way, on the Mom front, I'm golden.
不管怎么说 我妈会被气死这事我很有信心
What time did you tell Amy to be here?
你跟艾米说让她几点来
Sheldon, that pocket watch is ridiculous.
谢尔顿 你那挂表太可笑了
I look like a train conductor.
我戴着就像列车长
Under what pretext did you lure her here?
你用什么借口引诱她过来的
I said, "Hey, want to come over and hang out?"
我说 想过来坐坐聊聊吗
Good, good, if you had said something clever,
很好 你要说了什么有深度的理由
she might've gotten suspicious.
她可能就起疑心了的
What's he doing here?
他在这干嘛
Okay, he wants to talk to you.
他想跟你谈谈
Well, I don't want to talk to him.
可我不想跟他谈
And I'm pretty disappointed in you, too.
现在我对你也很失望了
Although we both know that won't last.
虽然我也气不了你多久
Sheldon, you're up.
谢尔顿 该你了
Amy, I'd like to apologize.
艾米 我想跟你道歉
Your accomplishment was impressive.
你的成就非常惊人
And I'm proud of you.
我以你为荣
-We both know that's your koala face. - I told you.
-你用考拉脸想糊弄谁啊 -你看吧
Okay, look, he bought you this.
他给你买了礼物
Sheldon, you are the most shallow,
谢尔顿 你是我见过最肤浅
self-centered person I have ever met.
最自我中心的人
Do you really think another transparently manipul...
你真的以为你想操纵...
A tiara! I have a tiara!
皇冠 我有了个皇冠
Put it on me, put it on me, put it on me, put it on me,
给我戴上 快给我戴上 给我戴上
put it on me, put it on me, put it on me.
给我戴上戴上戴上
You look beautiful.
戴着真漂亮
Of course I do, I'm a princess, and this is my tiara!
当然漂亮 我是公主 这是我的皇冠
You were right, the tiara was too much.
你说得对 送皇冠太过了
Howard! Bernadette's...
霍华德 伯纳黛特到...
Oh, she slipped right by me.
她从我身边溜过去了
Here's your vest back.
我来还你的背心
You could wear it again sometime.
以后说不定还有机会穿呢
I don't know, hunting?
不知道 去打猎的时候吧
Don't forget to talk to her about this mishegas
别忘了跟她谈谈那件疯狂的事
where I don't get grandkids!
就是我抱不上孙儿的事
I will, as soon as I can figure out a way
我会的 只要我想出怎么
to bring up such a sensitive issue!
跟她提出这个敏感问题
I guess you talked to your mom, huh?
看来你告诉你妈妈了
My mom can be a pretty good shoulder to cry on,
我妈强壮的臂弯还是挺适合靠着哭泣的
if the smell of Bengay doesn't burn your eyes.
忽略她灼伤人眼的镇痛剂味道就行了
Look, it's obvious having kids is really important to you,
显然 要孩子这事对你很重要
and I think I came up with a solution.
我想出了一个办法
That's great. What?
太好了 是什么
Well, seeing as how I make way more money than you anyway,
既然我赚的钱比你多得多
what if I work and you stay home with the kids?
让我工作而你在家照顾孩子怎样
You know, you'll watch Barney
陪孩子看儿童节目《小恐龙巴尼》
and pull Cheerios out of their noses
帮他们把卡鼻子里的麦片抠出来
and go on play dates,
然后带他们去跟其他孩子玩耍
and I'll work and have conversations
而我出去工作 跟我们的同龄人
with people my own age and enjoy my life.
一起聊天 享受我的人生
Yay, so we're good.
太好了 问题解决了
You know, I don't know if this counted as a fight,
我不知道这次算不算吵架
but how about some make-up sex?
不过想要来个吵后滚床单吗
But what is that behind your ear?
不过你耳朵后面是什么啊
Oh, look, it's a condom.
哇 是个安全套