Gentlemen, I think I've come up with a fun way
先生们 我想我找到了一个
to get young people interested in science.
让年轻人对科学感兴趣的办法了
Physics Mad-Libs.
物理疯狂填词游戏
一篇文章中若干单词空缺 并指定填入单词的词性其他人或自己可以随机说出一些固定词性的单词
- Now, give me a number. - Five.
-给我个数字 -五
等都填完之后 这篇故事就会被念出来以达到一种幽默的效果
And an irrational constant.
再给我一个无理数
And a funny Greek letter.
再来一个搞笑的希腊字母
- Upsilon? - Good one.
-那Y[希腊语第二十个字母]呢 -不错
And an electrical charge.
再给我一个电荷
"Professor Jones told the symposium
"琼斯教授在讨论会上宣布
he had a new method for calculating the mass of a muon.
他找到了计算介子质量的新办法
Five times the limit of 'E' to the upsilon as..."
E到Y极限的五倍..."
I haven't seen him laugh that hard
打从莱纳德犯了个乘法错误后
since the day Leonard made that multiplication error.
我还真没见他狂笑成这样过
Oh, Oh, Lord, that multiplication error!
天啊 那个乘法错误
He thought he carried the one.
他以为自己有进位
That mistake got published.
那篇错误的论文还被发表了
Stop! I'm going to wet myself!
别说了 我笑得都快尿裤子了
Hey, guys, guys, President Siebert is headed this way.
伙计们 伙计们 赛博特校长朝咱们走过来了
- I wonder what he wants. - Doesn't look happy,
-他来干嘛 -看样子不太爽
so I'm guessing he wants to talk to Sheldon.
所以我猜应该是来找谢尔顿的
Oh, President Siebert,
赛博特校长
I assume you'd like to respond to one of the suggestions
我猜您是来回复我在您办公室旁放置的
I put in the box by your office.
建议箱里的其中一条建议吧
No, and stop installing suggestion boxes everywhere.
不是 你别再到处给我装建议箱了
You don't like written suggestions.
您不喜欢书面建议
You don't like when I give them to you
您也不喜欢咱们一起上厕所时
while we're urinating in the men's room.
我给您的口头建议
If I didn't know you any better, I'd say that you're one of those
要不是我对您有所了解 我会以为您也是
stubborn people who are not open to suggestions.
那种固执己见 不肯采纳他人意见的老古板呢
Dr. Cooper, the physics department chair tells me
库珀博士 物理学部门的主席告诉我
you're refusing to take your vacation.
你不肯休假
I don't need a vacation.
我不需要休假
You're obligated to take one.
你有休假的义务
And I'd also like you to know the most-often received
而且我想告诉你 在你没经过我同意
suggestion in my suggestion box you installed without asking me
就擅自给我装的建议箱里 收到的最多的建议就是
is "Can Dr. Cooper take a vacation?"
"能不能让库珀博士去休假呀"
Okay, settled, then. I'll see y'all of you Monday,
好吧 问题解决 那咱们就周一见咯
But if I don't come into work,
但如果我不来上班
what am I supposed to do with myself?
那我自己要去干嘛
Read, rest, travel.
看书 休息 旅游
I hear Afghanistan is nice this time of year.
我听说这个季节去阿富汗不错
No. You should go.
不是 你真该去一趟
本字幕由 YYeTs人人影视 翻译制作更多美剧原创翻译 请登陆 www.YYeTs.com
* Black Eyed Peas 《I Gotta Feeling》*
* That tonight's gonna be a good night *
* 今夜将是个美好的夜晚 *
* And tonight's gonna be a good night *
* 今夜将是个美好的夜晚 *
* And tonight's gonna be a good, good night *
* 今夜将是个美好得不得了的夜晚 *
* Tonight's the night, uh, uh *
* 就是今夜 *
* Let's live it up, uh *
* 齐来狂欢 *
* I got my money, let's spend it up... *
* 钱早备好 尽情挥霍...*
Would you stop that caterwauling!
你别跟猫叫春一样行不
What the hell are you doing?!
你在这里干嘛
Bleeding from my ears.
听你蹂躏我的耳朵到出血呀
What are you doing hiding back there?
你藏在我车后座上干嘛
I'm sneaking into work.
我要偷溜去上班
Now, if the guard at the university asks
如果大学门口的保安问你
what's under the blanket,
毯子下面藏着什么
you tell him it's some lobster traps.
你就跟他说是捕龙虾的装置
- Lobster traps? - Yes.
-捕龙虾的装置 -没错
That's how Velma and Scooby
维尔玛和史酷比就是这样
smuggled Shaggy into the old lighthouse.
把主人毛毛偷运进那个老灯塔里的
What are you going to do when you get to the university?
你进到学校里面以后怎么办呢
People are going to recognize you.
人们肯定会认出你的
Will they, Leonard?
有可能吗 莱纳德
Fine. Just get back under your blanket,
好吧 乖乖藏回毯子底下
and I'll drive you there.
我会载你过去的
And no more singing.
不许再唱歌了
I have GPS on my phone.
我手机有导航
I know you turned around.
我知道你掉头了
I'm so glad you talked Howard
我真高兴你说服了霍华德
out of having your wedding invitations in Klingon.
不要用克林贡语来写你们的结婚喜帖
I'm hoping my relatives think it's Hebrew.
希望我的亲戚会以为这是希伯来语
This is really happening.
今天终于来了
I'm gonna be a maid of honor.
我要当伴娘了
I'm gonna wear a beautiful dress and walk down that aisle
我将穿着一条漂亮的裙子 走过教堂的走廊
and, finally, I will have my special day.
然后迎来我的大日子
You mean my special day?
你是说我的大日子吧
They're gonna need an extra-large veil for somebody's head.
某人的新娘头纱得要加大码的
If I ever actually ever get married.
如果我真的能结成婚
'Cause I make a lot more money than Howie,
我挣得钱比华仔多
he's putting a lot of pressure on me to get a prenup.
所以我老爸逼我签订一个婚前协议
Yeah. Howie's gonna freak out.
是啊 华仔会抓狂的
Parental pressure can be daunting.
来自父母的压力还真是可怕
I remember the battle with my mother about shaving my legs.
记得我以前因为不愿刮腿毛而跟我妈吵架
Last year, I finally gave in and let her do it.
去年我终于举腿投降 让她把我刮了
I just don't know how I'm gonna break it to him.
我真不知道该怎么跟他说这件事
You know, I'm a big believer in breaking bad news
我坚信向男人宣布坏消息的最好时机
to a guy when you're in bed with him.
就是跟他在床上的时候
That's how I told my high school boyfriend
我就是这么告诉我高中男友
I slept with his brother.
我跟他哥上床的事情
That's how I told his brother the same thing.
然后场景不变 再把主角换成他哥
I don't know, I don't want to manipulate him with sex.
我不知道 可我不想用性来操纵他
Oh, sweetie, that's what sex is for.
亲爱的 这才是性的用处所在
You know, the connection between marriage and money is nothing new.
其实婚姻和金钱的联系 早在过去便如此
In fact, the term "wed" referred to the money and livestock
"结婚"一词在过去就是指
that the groom paid the bride's father.
新郎付给岳父的金钱和牲畜
intelligent and a good earner.
聪明伶俐又会挣钱
I could conservatively see you going for
保守地说 你也能得到
at least two oxen and a goose.
至少两头牛和一只鹅
You would fetch a unicorn.
而你 绝对能收到一头独角兽
Sheldon, there are a million great vacations you could take.
谢尔顿 有很多度假胜地你可以去
What about Hawaii?
夏威夷怎么样
Hawaii is a former leper colony on top of an active volcano
夏威夷就是昔日坐落在活火山上的麻风病人隔离区
莫洛凯岛在十九世纪后成为夏威夷群岛中专门关押麻疯病人的地方
where the disappointing ending to Lost was filmed.
《迷失》的烂结局也是在那里拍的
Mahalo for nothing, Hawaii.
真他妈感谢你 夏威夷
How about Florida?
那佛罗里达呢
They got Cape Canaveral,
那里有卡纳维拉尔角
they got Disney, they got my Aunt Ida
迪士尼乐园 我的艾达姨妈也在那
and the world's largest collection of diabetic candy.
她集了世界上最全的糖尿病患吃的糖果
Plus, if you get sweaty enough,
而且 你要是汗出得够多
her plastic-covered furniture is like a flume ride.
还可以用她的塑料膜沙发玩激流勇进
My family took a trip to Florida when I was a child.
小时候俺家去佛罗里达旅行过一次
A seagull stole a hot dog from me on the beach.
在沙滩上 一只海鸥偷了我一条热狗
I got the message.
我就知道这儿不欢迎我
You know, if I had a week off, I'd go back
我要是能放一周假
to the Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa in the desert.
我会再去沙漠温泉酒店
I tell you, an hour on the massage table with Trevor,
告诉你们 让特雷弗给你按摩一小时
and you'll feel like you were born without bones.
你会酥软到觉得自己生来就没骨头
I don't think I could ever let a guy give me a massage.
我估计受不了一个男的给我按摩
Really? What was I doing to your neck last night
是吗 那昨晚你玩X-BOX的时候
while you were playing X-Box?
我在给你的脖子做什么
It's like I'm living in a dictatorship.
感觉我就像生活在独裁之中
"You must take a vacation, you must have fun,
"你一定要去度假 你一定要开心
you must enjoy life."
你一定要享受生活"
I don't think you have a good handle on dictatorships.
你好像误解了独裁的意思吧
Sheldon, everybody takes vacations.
谢尔顿 每个人都需要休假
One time they tried to make Richard Feynman take a vacation,
理查德·费曼以前也被逼着休假
but he chose instead to expand his mind
可他选择拓宽思维
and learn something new.
学一些新知识
He went to work in his friend's biology lab.
他去了朋友的生物实验室工作
Richard Feynman was a famous American physicist,
理查德·费曼是美国著名的物理学家
part of the Manhattan Project.
参与过曼哈顿工程
曼哈顿工程 是第二次世界大战期间盎格鲁国家秘密研发原子弹项目的代号
Everyone in the world of science knows who Richard Feynman was.
科学界的人都知道理查德·费曼是谁
Now you do, too.
你是现在才知道的吧
Oh! I have a brilliant idea.
我想到了一个绝妙的主意
Amy's a biologist. I'll go work in her lab.
艾米是生物学家 我可以去她的实验室工作
Isn't that just Feynman's idea?
这不就是费曼的主意吗
Ten seconds ago, you never heard of him.
几秒钟前你还没听说过他
Now you're an expert.
现在就装起专家来了
- Hey, you. - Is that your laundry?
-这么巧 -这是要洗的衣服吗
You only have, like, six things in there.
怎么才这么几件
Yeah, I didn't have any quarters,
我没有零钱了
so I've been sneaking stuff into other people's loads all day.
所以一直偷偷把衣服塞到别人的衣服堆里
Hey, if I tell you something,
如果我告诉你一件事
will you promise not to tell anybody?
你能保证不告诉别人吗
It doesn't matter what I say, you're gonna tell me anyway.
我说什么无所谓 反正你也会告诉我
What? That is not true.
什么 才没有这回事
Bernadette wants a prenup.
伯纳黛特想签婚前协议
Wow. That's rough.
这事过分了吧
So you're saying if I became a famous movie star,
这么说如果我成了著名影星
we got married, you wouldn't sign a prenup?
我们结婚的话 你不会签婚前协议吗
If I'm gonna be stuck at home with the kids
如果我要待在家里带孩子
while you're on location
而你在出外景
cheating on me with Ryan Gosling...
跟瑞安·高斯林玩偷吃
then Leonard gots to get paid.
那莱纳德就不是这么好打发的了
So, you think about us getting married?
你想过我们结婚吗
I think about a lot of things.
我想的东西可多了
I think about us getting married,
我会想我们结婚
I think about us breaking up.
我也会想我们分手
Once in a while, I think about
有时 我还想
how I didn't leave a note on that Mercedes
自己上个月在停车场
I dinged in the parking lot last month,
撞了人家的奔驰没留字条
but then I have a glass of wine and it passes.
不过喝杯酒就抛到九霄云外了
Joke all you want, but you think about it.
随你怎么说笑 但你还是想了
Well, tell you one thing,
告诉你一件事
if I ever do get married, no Klingon invitations.
我要是真要结婚了 绝对不用克林贡语写喜帖
Good luck catching a man with that attitude.
祝你能用这态度去抓住男人的心
This vacation is off to a wonderful start.
这次度假有了个美好的开端
The smell of formaldehyde...
甲醛的气味
the whir of the centrifuge,
离心机的嗡嗡声
the distant chatter of lab animals
被送去解剖的实验室动物
being dispatched for dissection.
那渐渐远去的叫喊声
Mm, I can already feel my cares just melting away.
我觉得自己的担心在慢慢消逝
I'm excited to work with my boyfriend.
我很高兴能和自己的男朋友公事
It's gonna be romantic.
肯定很浪漫
Way to kill the mood.
真会扫兴
Come on, Sheldon.
别这么说 谢尔顿
We can be like Marie Curie and her husband, Pierre,
我们可以像玛丽·居里和她丈夫皮埃尔那样
who spent their days working side by side,
他们日夜并肩工作
bathed in the glow of their love and the radium
沐浴在爱和镭的光辉下
that ultimately killed her.
那玩意儿最终还要了她的命
Screw Beauty and the Beast;
《美女与野兽》弱爆了
that's the love story Disney should tell.
这才是迪士尼应该拍的爱情故事
Okay, what do we start with?
好吧 我们从什么开始呢
Maybe splicing some genes, clone a sheep,
要不拼接一些基因 克隆一只羊
perhaps grow a human ear on a mouse's back?
或者在一只老鼠背上植个人耳
Ha-ha, I'm a freak!
哈哈 我是个怪胎
Oh, I'm gonna be doing some brain stem histology
我准备做一些脑干组织的实验
while you put yourself on the business end
你可以用那块海绵
of a sponge and wash those beakers.
洗那些烧杯
Oh, I get it, a little hazing for the new fella.
我明白了 欺负新来的是吧
Yeah, I'd better keep an eye out for, what,
我还得眼睛睁大点
shoe polish on the microscope,
小心显微镜上有鞋油
or mad cow disease in my grilled cheese sandwich?
烤芝士三明治里有疯牛病菌 是吧
No, I just need those beakers washed.
不是 我真的要用干净的烧杯
Hippity-hop, quick like a bunny.
小兔子乖乖 赶紧干活了
Wha...? Excuse me, you have Dr. Sheldon Cooper in your lab.
拜托 大名鼎鼎的谢尔顿博士在你实验室呢
You're gonna make him do the dishes?
你就让他做洗碗的工作啊
That's like asking the Incredible Hulk
那不等于叫绿巨人
to open a pickle jar.
去开泡菜罐头嘛
Sheldon, you've never worked in a lab like this before.
谢尔顿 你从没在生物实验室工作过
You have no experience in the field of biology.
你对生物领域毫无经验
I have plenty of experience in biology.
我对生物的经验可多了
I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998.
我1998年买了个电子宠物鸡
- Where's Howard? - No "Hi, Raj"?
-霍华德呢 -招呼都懒得打吗
No "How are you, Raj?"
也不问我今天过得怎么样
Just straight to "Where's the other white guy?"
一开口就问另一个白人在哪儿
So, listen, I heard something about him.
听着 我听说了点关于他的事
Can you keep it between us?
你能保密吗
When I first got here, I thought you Americans
我刚来这的时候 我以为你们美国人
really gossiped around the water cooler.
真的只在冷水机旁说八卦呢
So I hung out there for, like, a month,
所以我去那边转悠了大概一个月
but the only gossip I ever heard was about some creepy guy
但我唯一听到的八卦就是 有个诡异的家伙
hanging out by the water cooler.
总是围着冷水机瞎转悠
Bernadette wants to get a prenup.
伯纳黛特想要签婚前协议
Oh, that's a shame-- he's gonna be devastated.
这太丢脸了 他肯定会悲痛欲绝的
I never know what to do in these situations.
我对处理这种情况没有经验
Should I give him a heads-up?
我该给他点建议吗
Hmm. I'm gonna give you the same advice
我给你的建议就跟我看真人秀《单身汉》的一样
I yell at the TV when the Bachelor's handing out roses.
当那些男人拿着玫瑰不知送给谁时 我就会嚷
Look at the size of that Rice Krispie Treat!
看这份超大米花糖
Hey, Howard, I need to tell you something.
霍华德 我得告诉你点事
I know, it's not on my wedding diet.
我知道 结婚前不该吃这些
heard that Bernadette's thinking about asking you for a prenup.
我听说伯纳黛特想要你签婚前协议
What are you gonna do?
你要怎么办
You know what, it's... not a big deal.
其实 这也没什么
She makes more money than me.
她赚的钱比我多
She wants to protect her financial interests.
她想要保护自己的经济利益
It's completely reasonable.
这完全合理
Good. That's a healthy attitude.
很好 你这心态不错
Yeah, actually, it's good for both of us.
其实 这对我们两个都好
I have assets to protect, too.
我也有要保护的财产
I've got some rare comic books.
我有些很珍贵的漫画书
The Vespa's almost paid off.
那辆卫士摩托的贷款也快还清了
And Ma and I have a primo double cemetery plot at Mt. Sinai
我和妈在西奈山优先订了一个双人墓
right near the guy who played Mr. Roper on Three's Company.
就在那个演过《三人行》里罗柏先生的人旁边
Mr. Roper's dead?!
罗柏先生死了吗
You can't just spring that on a guy!
你怎么能人家在毫无心理准备下说出来呢
This is now the only lab
这件实验室里的玻璃器皿
with glassware washed by a man with two doctorates
可是独一无二 因为它们被个有双博士学位
and a restraining order signed by Carl Sagan.
和一张卡尔·萨根签过的禁止令的人洗过
Soap spots. Wash 'em again.
有肥皂泡 重新洗
Y... You're being ridiculous!
胡说八道
Those are perfectly clean.
这些器皿彻底洗干净了
Sheldon, this beaker used to contain cerebral spinal fluid
谢尔顿 这个量杯盛过
from an elephant that died of syphilis.
死于梅毒的大象的脑脊液
If it's, in fact, perfectly clean,
如果真的彻底干净了
Biologists are mean.
生物学家好刻薄
All right, perhaps this task will be a little bit more up your alley.
好了 这个任务可能有点超出了你的能力
I need you to count the bacteria spores on these petri dishes.
我要你数清这些培养皿里的细菌孢子
There was something wrong with that detergent.
那个清洁剂有问题
That was way too bubbly.
有好多泡泡
- I'm sure it was. - I intend to write
-我想是吧 -我准备写一封
that soap company a strongly worded letter.
措辞强力的投诉信给肥皂公司
Yeah, good for you. Now, start counting.
好吧 不错 现在开始数吧
You know what this place needs?
知道这地方需要什么东西吗
How's counting going?
你是说数数吗
When I was in kindergarten,
我还在上幼儿园的时候
I recited pi to a thousand places for the school talent show.
我在学校才艺展示上背了圆周率小数点后的一千位
- I think I got this. - Great.
-我想这难不倒我 -很好
This is preposterous!
这太可笑了
I think you're giving me these tasks
你一直让我做这些工作
because you're afraid if you give me anything meaningful to do,
因为你担心我要是做了有意义的工作
Really? Is that what you think?
真的吗 你就这么想的吗
Yes, that's what I think.
对 我就是这么想的
And I'm super smart, so it's probably true.
而我这么超级聪明的人 这没准就是事实
Hey, I've been training in the field of neurobiology for 12 years.
我在神经生物学领域锻炼了12年
You've been here for three hours,
而你只来了3小时
and you've spent one of them in the bathroom.
其中1小时还花在厕所里了
I'm sorry! It takes me a while
不好意思 我没上过这里的厕所
to get things going on an unfamiliar toilet.
总得花点时间来熟悉熟悉
Sheldon, I've given you the simplest things to do,
谢尔顿 我给你的都是最简单的工作
and you haven't done one of them right.
你还一件都没有做对
Maybe that's because I'm not being challenged.
也许是因为这些工作没有挑战
It's the same reason Einstein failed math.
就和爱因斯坦数学不及格一样
Maybe the math was too bubbly for him.
也许数学对他来说泡泡[0]太多了
You think you're doing science by cutting up that brain?
你觉得切割大脑需要技术含量吗
They could do the same thing at any Quiznos.
这和在三明治店做的没什么两样
And they'd offer to toast it for me, too.
而且他们还会给我吐司面包呢
I'm about to remove the locus coeruleus,
我正要切除蓝斑核
which is incredibly delicate work.
这是份超精细的工作
I'm no stranger to a little gray matter.
我对这种灰白质可熟悉了
You're getting warmer一般用在猜谜或游戏活动中
You're getting warmer-- it is, indeed, in the brain.
你猜得差不多了 这确实是脑子里面的
Hope your hands are steady.
希望你的手有够稳
It's the width of a single hair.
这活儿细如发丝
But this is just biology,
但这不过是普通的生物学
so I'm sure it's no problem for a genius like you.
肯定难不倒向你这样的天才
It's not. I'll have you know, in the field of physics,
那是当然 你要知道在物理学领域
we work with particles so small,
我们研究的粒子小到
they make fat jokes about the locus coeruleus.
可以嘲笑你们的蓝斑体型过胖
I.e., when your locus coeruleus sits around the house,
就是说 你们家蓝斑闲坐家中
it sits around the house.
那家里简直水泄不通
Oh... are we nervous, Dr. Cooper?
紧张了吗 库珀博士
is a man trembling with confidence.
是我满怀信心的颤抖
Does a locus coeruleus normally bleed that much?
蓝斑通常都会出这么多血吗
No. But your thumb does.
不 但你的手指会
Yeah, you're a biologist.
哎哟 就你还想当生物学家呢
What are you doing here?
你来这干嘛
Social convention dictates
按照社会惯例
that I let my hair down at a local watering hole.
我应该来当地酒吧放松一下
Social convention is stupid.
社会惯例就是个屁
What happened to your thumb?
你的手指怎么了
I have ten fingers and ten toes.
我有十个手指十个脚趾
If I tell you a story about each one of them,
要我每个指头的故事你都要听
we'll be here all day-- let's just move on.
那可得说上一整天 所以算了吧
Ah, seeing as I'm on vacation,
既然我是在度假
凤梨片椰奶和白色褐色朗姆酒调制成的加勒比海特色鸡尾酒
uh, Pina Colada seems appropriate.
凤椰朗姆酒比较合适
Extra pineapple slices, extra whipped cream,
多加凤梨片和鲜奶油
extra cherries, extra umbrellas,
再给双份樱桃和小伞
and, uh, hold the rum.
还有 不要朗姆酒
Don't let me have too many of those.
记得别让我喝太多
Hey, what are you guys doing here?
您二位在这干嘛呀
We're grown men; we drink at bars.
我们都是大人 就该在吧台这喝酒
Everything okay with you and Bernadette?
你和伯纳黛特还好吧
You and Amy? Good?
你和艾米呢 还好吗
Oh, better than good.
好得不能再好了
You know those girls text me every detail of their lives as it happens.
要知道 她们都会把生活中的每件事都发短信告诉我
I'm not signing a prenup.
我是不会签婚前协议的
All right, Howard Wolowitz, listen up.
好吧 霍华德·沃罗威茨 给我听着
You sign anything she puts in front of you,
她给你什么你就签什么
because you are the luckiest man alive.
因为你是世上最幸运的人
If you let her go,
要是失去了她
there is no way you can find anyone else--
你再也不可能找到像她这么好的
speaking on behalf of all women,
我是代表全体女同胞说这话
it is not gonna happen; we had a meeting.
你绝对不可能再找到 我们开会一致认同的
And you, a grown man
还有你 一个成年人
- fainting at the sight of a little blood. - Excuse me,
-居然看到一点点血就晕倒 -拜托
this is a fairly substantial wound.
这个伤口那是相当大
I was kind of hoping I could continue vacationing in your laboratory.
我希望能继续在你实验室里度假
After all, I did book the whole week.
毕竟当初我预定了一整周
Do you honestly think you can just waltz back in here
你真的以为就凭你昨天那样
after the way you behaved yesterday?
还能轻易地回来这里吗
I was not myself.
昨天我那是身不由已
I had lost a lot of thumb blood.
因为手指失血过多
That's not an apology.
这话可不算道歉
That is your opinion.
就你不觉得而已
I want a real apology.
我想听的是真正的道歉
- I'm sorry that you weren't able to... - No.
-我很抱歉你没有能够... -不对
...that my genius...
抱歉我的天赋...
...that the soap was...
抱歉那肥皂太...
Now, if you want to stay, get started on those beakers.
你若真想留下来 就先去洗那些烧杯
They're still dirty from yesterday.
昨天就没洗干净
Next year I'm going to EPCOT.
明年度假我要去"未来世界"玩
Are you mad at me?
你在生我气吗
No. I'm not mad at you.
不 我没有生你气
wish you would have come to me,
希望你直接跟我说
so I didn't have to hear it through the nerd-vine.
而不是让我从某些书呆口中听到
So, what are we gonna do?
那我们该怎么办
You really want me to sign a prenup?
你真的想让我签婚前协议吗
My dad's pretty insistent on it, though.
虽然我爸在这点态度上非常强硬
Why don't I talk to your dad, man-to-man?
何不让我跟你爸谈谈 来个男人之间的对话
Really? Oh, that'd be so great!
真的吗 那太好了
I should probably give you a heads-up about a couple of things.
我先警告你一些注意事项
Even though he's retired from the police force,
虽然我爸已经从警局退休了
he still carries his gun.
他还是配着枪
But don't worry, he won't shoot it.
但别担心 他不会开枪的
It's more of a fashion statement.
更多是想彰显自己时髦
And just to be safe, when you talk to him,
为安全起见 你跟他谈的时候
don't bring up Jimmy Carter, gardeners,
千万别提起吉米·卡特 园艺师
吉米·卡特:美国第39届总统 2002年诺贝尔和平奖获得者
foreign people, homosexuals, Sean Penn,
外国人 同性恋者 西恩·潘
Vatican II, gun control, organic food,
第二次梵蒂冈大公会议 枪支管理法 有机食品
the designated hitter rule, recycling or the fact that you're Jewish.
指定打击规则 资源回收 或你是犹太人的事实
Will you e-mail me that list?
把这单子电邮给我吧
So the thing to watch for,
所以要当心的是
if he's shouting at you, you're okay,
若他冲你吼 那就没事
but if he starts to get real quiet,
但若他开始变得沉默
leave as quickly as you can without making eye contact.
千万别跟他目光接触 有多快就跑多块
Not in a straight line-- throw some zigs and zigs in there.
切勿跑直线 要之字形逃命
You know, this isn't that pressing.
反正这事也不是迫在眉睫
Why don't I talk to him about it in May.
不如等五月份我再找他谈吧
In May you're gonna be on the International Space Station.
五月你就上国际空间站了
They got a phone.
空间站也有电话的嘛