So, I got the craziest e-mail this morning.
我今天收到了一封超牛叉的邮件
I don't mean to burst your bubble, dude,
哥们儿 不是我要泼你冷水
but those penile enlargement pills do not work.
但那些阴茎增大丸真心不管用啊
Believe me, I know.
相信我 我懂的
The e-mail I got was from the office of Stephen Hawking.
那封邮件是来自史蒂芬·霍金的办公室
- You're kidding. - Why?
-不可能吧 -为啥
He's coming to the university for a couple weeks to lecture,
他要来我们学校讲几周的课
and he's looking for an engineer to help maintain
所以想找个工程师来帮他
the equipment on his wheelchair.
维护轮椅上的设备
You'll be like his pit crew.
你就是他的赛车维修员啊
A word of caution: I would not do
提醒你一下 我可不会
your Stephen Hawking impression in front of him.
在他面前模仿他说话
I suppose that could be considered offensive.
我觉得这么做是挺没礼貌的
Boy, Sheldon's going to freak out.
伙计 谢尔顿会疯掉的
Yeah, he worships Hawking.
是啊 他特别崇拜霍金
I was actually thinking about bringing him along
我其实有考虑带他过去
when I go over there so he can meet the great man.
好让他见见自己的偶像
That's really nice of you, Howard.
你真是个大善人啊 霍华德
Boy, a restraining order from Stephen Hawking.
天啊 霍金也会去申请一张限制令的吧
It'll look so nice next to the ones he's already got
加上莱纳德·尼莫伊 卡尔·萨根
三人依次为《星际迷航》史波克扮演者、著名天文学家美国漫画大师 作品包括《蜘蛛侠》《神奇四侠》等
from Leonard Nimoy, Carl Sagan and Stan Lee.
和斯坦·李对他的限制令 硕果累累呀
Leonard, do you recall when I said
莱纳德 你还记得有一次我说
that I was going to revolutionize humanity's understanding
我将彻底改变人们对希格斯玻色子的理解
of the Higgs boson particle, and you said,
然后你说
"Sheldon, it's 2:00 a.m., get out of my bedroom"?
"谢尔顿 现在是凌晨两点 滚出我的卧室"吗
Like it was ten hours ago.
不就是今天凌晨吗
Well, I believe I've done it.
我觉得我成功了
And I'm only saying "believe" to sound modest,
我说"我觉得"只是为表谦虚
because, sweet Sam Houston, I did it.
因为 感谢上帝 我成功了
- Really? - That's incredible. Oh, here.
-真的假的 -太牛了 给
Break out the math.
式子列给我们看看
Oh, okay, let me see this.
行 我看看
All right, so this particle here
看 这个粒子
is the boson moving forward in time.
是随时间演化的玻色子
Now, I was thinking...
我之前考虑的是...
Howard, you go ahead and eat.
霍华德 你就先吃吧
This isn't going to make any sense to you.
你肯定一点儿都听不懂
Sheldon, I have a working understanding of physics.
谢尔顿 我对物理还是懂不少的
Yeah, good for you, and don't stop working on it.
是吗 很好 继续努力
Are you still going to tell him
你还打算跟他说
- about you-know-who? - Yep.
-那个人的事吗 -说啊
Are you still going to introduce him?
那你还打算引见他吗
Not on your life.
这辈子都别想了
本字幕由 YYeTs人人影视 翻译制作更多美剧原创翻译 请登陆 www.YYeTs.com
Please, please, please,
求你了 求你了 求你了嘛
let me meet Hawking.
让我见见霍金吧
But I said I'm sorry.
可我都道歉了
No, you said, "Would it help if I said I'm sorry?"
不对 你说的是"要是我道歉 管用吗"
And you never answered me.
然后你都没回应我
So who owes whom an apology now?
瞧 现在该道歉的是谁
Sheldon, you're a condescending jerk.
谢尔顿 你是个傲慢的混蛋
Why on earth would I want to do something nice for you?
我干嘛要帮你这种人的忙呀
To go to Jewish heaven?
死后好上犹太天堂吗
Jews don't have heaven.
犹太人没有天堂
Then to avoid Jewish hell?
那是为了避免下犹太地狱吗
Have you met my mother?
你见过我妈吗吧
I live in Jewish hell.
我不住地狱 谁算住地狱
This is Stephen Hawking.
这可是史蒂芬·霍金啊
Perhaps my only intellectual equal.
也许是唯一一个智商和我相当的人
Oh, you can't be serious.
你别搞笑了
Try to put yourself in my place.
你设身处地地替我想想
Imagine you're the sole human being
假设你的星球都是狗狗
living on a planet populated with nothing but dogs.
而你是唯一一个人类
And then it turns out
然后突然发现
there's another human being.
这星球上还有一个人类
Are you saying the rest of us are dogs?
你是说除了你俩 其他人都是狗狗吗
Okay, I can see you're going to take this the wrong way.
好吧 我就知道你会误解我的意思
Imagine you're the sole human being
假设你的星球都是大猩猩
living on a planet populated with nothing but chimps.
而你是唯一一个人类
Oh, now they're so much smarter than dogs.
大猩猩比狗狗聪明多了
Have you seen them on those little bicycles?
你见过它们骑小自行车吗
How about dolphins?
那换成海豚 好不
So, come on, how was the first day with Hawking?
说吧 跟霍金度过的第一天感觉如何
We talked about movies...
我们聊了电影
I showed him some card tricks...
我给他变了几个扑克牌魔术
He even let me read a couple pages from his new book.
他还让我给他念了几页他的新书
Something got you down there, bunky?
什么事让你这么失望呀 亲爱的
Howard, please, I'm begging you.
霍华德 求求你了
Raj, you're our group historian.
拉杰 你是咱们这帮人里记性最好的
Has Sheldon ever begged before?
谢尔顿以前求过人吗
He begged the Fox network not to cancel Firefly.
他求过福克斯电视网不要砍掉《萤火虫》
He begged the TNT network to cancel Babylon 5.
他求过TNT电视网砍掉《巴比伦五号》
And when he got food poisoning at the Rose Bowl Parade,
他在玫瑰碗橄榄球赛游行时食物中毒
he begged a deity he doesn't believe in
还求过一个他不信奉的神
to end his life quickly.
让他死得痛快
Do you understand how important Hawking is to me?
你知道霍金对我来说有多重要吗
When I was six years old,
我六岁的时候
I dressed up as him for Halloween.
万圣节扮的就是他
No, sir, no, I took my dad's desk chair,
绝对没有 我拿了我爸的写字椅
attached a Speak & Spell to it
装上一个拼说语音学习机
and made my sister push me up and down the block
然后让我妹妹推我去街上
Granted most people thought I was R2-D2,
大部分人都以为我在扮R2-D2
but still, I got a lot of candy.
但我还是讨到很多糖
You don't seem to be understanding
你好像不太懂
the English word "no."
英语的"NO"
Maybe a different language will help.
或者换其他语言比较好
Binary coded Ascii:0110111001101111.
二进制ASCII码 0110111001101111
- It's actually 01100111. - No!
-应该是01100111 -不行
I'm not asking for me,
我不是为自己求你
I'm asking for Hawking.
我是为了霍金求你
Let me try gangsta: Hells naw.
试试黑帮用语 去你丫的
Okay, look, how about this?
好吧 要不这样
Just give him my paper on the Higgs boson.
把我的希格斯粒子论文给他
If he sees the incredible breakthrough I've made,
如果他看出我所做的伟大突破
he'll reach out to me.
他会主动联系我
What if he doesn't?
要是他不联系你呢
He will; he's really smart.
他会的 他可聪明了
That's an interesting idea.
这个主意有意思
Why don't you give me a minute
要不你给我几分钟
to talk it over with my friends?
让我跟我的朋友商量一下
- How do I do that? - You walk away.
-我要怎么做 -赶紧消失
You do realize you own his ass right now.
你要知道 你现在就是他的老大
You can make him do anything you want.
你可以把他当狗使唤
Yeah, I know, I'm just trying to figure out
我知道 我只是在想
how much I want to punish him.
我要把他整得多惨
Well, don't be too mean.
别太过分 意思一下
I'm thinking about making some freshly brewed iced tea
我想泡点清新冰茶
if anyone would like some.
有谁想喝呀
I wouldn't mind a glass.
我不介意来一杯
I wasn't talking to you.
我没跟你说话
Bring him to his bony knees.
整到他求爷爷告奶奶
Sheldon, come on back.
小谢子 回来吧
What did you decide?
您意下如何
I'll give your paper to Professor Hawking.
我可以把你的论文给霍金教授
Oh, that's terrific!
真是太好了
But in exchange, I'd like you to do a few things for me.
但是 你要为我做几件事作为交换
What kinds of things?
什么事
Are you familiar with the 12 labors of Hercules?
你听说过赫拉克勒斯的十二伟业吗
希腊神话中 赫拉因错杀自己孩子而受诅咒为消除罪业 他要为敌人完成十二项任务
You should be so lucky.
那你走运了
What would you like me to do first?
你要我先做什么
Well, I thought I'd start you off
我觉得我就先让你
by polishing my belt buckles.
给我擦皮带扣吧
When I was a boy, I would polish my Mee-Maw's silver.
小时候 我会帮我奶奶擦银器
And she would entertain me with stories
她就会给我讲
about growing up in Oklahoma.
她在俄州长大的故事
She once killed a prairie dog with a gravy boat.
有一次 她用肉汁盘子打死了一只土拨鼠
That's a lot of belt buckles.
好多皮带扣啊
Funny thing is,I only have one belt.
有趣的是 我只有一条皮带
Anyway, I'll let you get started.
好了 我不妨碍你开工了
the little marks, uh,that look like water spots--
上面可能有些看似水渍的点
I tend to stand too close to the urinal, so...
我小便时习惯靠便盆太近 所以
...what you're seeing there is splash back.
你看到的那些是溅回来的
You make sissy on your belt buckles?
你把尿尿在皮带扣上吗
Mee-Maw's forks never had that.
奶奶的叉子上绝对没有
Here is a black light to check them.
给你个紫外光灯照尿渍吧
And for your own peace of mind,
再给你提个醒
you might not want to shine that around the rest of the room.
最好不要用它来照我的房间哦
紫外光灯还可以识别能够发出自然荧光的精液和其他体液
Sheldon, these look great.
谢尔顿 擦得好干净啊
They're like magnificent little crowns
它们就像华丽的小皇冠
to hang over my magnificent little jewels.
挂在我坚挺的小宝贝上
How'd you get them so shiny?
你怎么擦得这么亮
Oh, I-I buffed them with Turtle Wax.
我给它们上了一层防水蜡
The man down at Pep Boys says from now on,
汽车用品店里的伙计说
the urine should just bead up and roll right off.
以后溅上去的尿液会直接流下去
Way to go the extra mile.
干得漂亮
Your Mee-Maw would be proud.
你奶奶会骄傲的
My Mee-Maw must never know of this.
我奶奶绝对不可以知道这件事
Now will you give Professor Hawking my paper?
现在能把我的论文给霍金教授看了吧
Oh, my dear boy, no.
小乖乖 当然不可以
this is a sexy French maid costume
这是我买给伯纳黛特的
I bought for Bernadette.
性感法国女佣装
I thought it might spice things up
我原以为这既能增加情趣
and get her to dust my room at the same time,
又能让她帮我打扫房间
but I was wrong and really wrong.
可我错了 大错特错
And you want me to return it for you?
所以你想让我把它退回去吗
No, no, no, mon petit cherie.
不 不 不 我的小可爱[法语]
What are you all staring at?
你们看什么看
You ever seen a man try to get a meeting
没见过为了见斯蒂芬·霍金
with Stephen Hawking before?
牺牲色相的男人吗
It's not Saturday night.
今天不是周六呀
Why are you doing your laundry?
你怎么跑来洗衣服了
This is not my laundry.
这不是我的衣服
Wow, are these Amy's?
这是艾米的吗
Kind of trashy -- good for her.
挺狂野的 不错不错
Those are Howard's.
那是霍华德的
Why are you washing
你为什么要替霍华德
Howard's man panties?
洗他的男士小内内呢
Because if I don't,
因为要是我不洗的话
he won't give my paper to Stephen Hawking.
他就不把我的论文拿给斯蒂芬·霍金看
He's a famous physicist.
斯蒂芬·霍金是个著名的物理学家
I know, he's the wheelchair dude who invented time.
我知道 那个坐着轮椅发明了时间的家伙
That's close enough.
差不多吧
why doesn't Howard just introduce you to the guy?
为什么霍华德不直接把你介绍给那人呢
Because he's punishing me for being a "condescending jerk".
他要惩罚我这个"傲慢的混蛋"
You don't think I'm condescending, do you?
你不会也觉得我傲慢吧
Oh, I'm sorry,condescending means...
抱歉 "傲慢"的意思是...
I know what it means.
我懂好不好
And yes, you love correcting people
没错 你超喜欢纠正别人
and putting them down.
让人自惭形秽
When I correct people I am raising them up.
当我纠正别人时 我是让他们更进一步
You should know, I do it for you more than anyone.
你应该最懂了 你可是深得我恩惠
Come on, you do it to feel superior.
拜托 你只是给自己带来优越感
I see that twinkle in your eye
每次有人犯语法错误
when someone says "who" instead of "whom"
或是把月亮当作行星时
or thinks the moon is a planet.
我都能看到你两眼放光
《堂·吉诃德》Don Quixote 音似驴子诃德Donkey Hotay
Or Don Quixote is a book about a donkey named Hotay.
或是有人以为《堂·吉诃德》是在写驴子诃德
there's that twinkle.
你两眼又放光了
Well, I can't help it. That's an involuntary twinkle.
没办法 我完全是下意识两眼放光
What do you want me to tell you, Sheldon?
那你想我怎么说 谢尔顿
I want you to tell me
我想听你说
that Howard is being mean to me for no reason.
霍华德就是想无故欺负我
Fine, Howard is being mean to you for no reason.
好吧 霍华德就是想无故欺负你
Every time I spend the night,
我每次在你家过夜
your mom slaps me on the behind says, "Go get 'em."
你妈都会拍我屁股 说"妹子 上吧"
It's not her fault.
这不能怪她
She's getting hormone replacement therapy.
她正在接受激素替代疗法
Makes her crazy horny.
导致她相当饥渴
Check this out, I got Sheldon to wear the Frenchmaid's costume.
看 我让谢尔顿穿那套法国女佣装哦
Oh, my God, that's terrible.
天啊 这也太过分了吧
Hey, I gave you first crack at it.
拜托 是你穿过一次说不要的
Why are you doing that?
你为什么要这么做
You're being mean to him.
你这是在欺负他
He's mean to me all the time.
是他整天欺负我
You've heard him tease me about not having a doctorate.
你也见过他取笑我没有博士学位
If you don't want to get teased about that,
如果你不想没博士学位被人取笑
I have one; they're great.
我有一个 感觉超棒呢
Oh, come on, the man torments me.
拜托 这个家伙一直在折磨我
I'm just letting him have a little taste of his own medicine.
我只不过用其人之道还治其人之身而已
It's not the same thing.
这不一样
Sheldon doesn't know when he's being mean
谢尔顿意识不到自己的刻薄
because the part of his brain that should know
因为他控制这部分情感的大脑
is getting a wedgie from the rest of his brain.
被大脑其它部分给挤扁了
Fine, I'll just make him do a couple more things,
好吧 我让他再多干几件事
No, you have to stop now.
不 你现在就得收手
Bernadette, I want to remind you,
伯纳黛特 提醒你一下
you promised to take me dress shopping tomorrow!
你答应过明天陪我去买裙子的哦
I'm sorry, I can't make it,
对不起 我明天有事去不了了
but Sheldon's going to go with you!
但是谢尔顿会陪你去的
And that's the last thing you do to him.
这是你让他做的最后一件事了
What is it now, Mrs. Wolowitz?
又怎么了 沃罗威茨太太
When I put my front in, my back pops out!
我把胸塞进去 屁股就露出来了
When I put my back in,my front pops out!
我把屁股塞进去 胸就又露出来了
It's like trying to keep two dogs in a bathtub!
简直是一山容不下二虎呀
What do you want me to do?
你想让我做什么
We're gonna have to work as a team!
我们应该携手合作
Get in here, grab a handful,and start stuffing!
进来 大把抓着 动手塞啊
I'm not sure how to do this.
我不太确定该怎么做呢
It's easy, just pretend you're putting away a sleeping bag.
很简单 就像把用完的睡袋给塞回去
Sleeping bags don't usually sweat this much, but okay.
睡袋不会出这么多汗 不过好吧
Oh, if we squeeze you any tighter,
再继续挤下去
you may turn into a diamond.
你就能变成钻石了
You're right, who am I kidding?
你说得对 我骗谁呢
You should have seen me when I was young, Sheldon.
你真该见见我年轻的时候 谢尔顿
The fellas used to line up
追我的小伙们
and bring me boxes of candy.
排着队给我送糖
Why did I eat it all?!
我干嘛嘴贱全吃光啊
Would you hold me?
可以抱我一下吗
Oh... no, you know, I'm not really the holding kind of...
我 我不是那种会抱别人的...
Oh, guys, I just remembered.
哦 差点忘了
I got your ome Hawking souvenirs.
我给你们带了几个霍金纪念品
Gears and springs from his wheelchair.
他轮椅上的齿轮和弹簧
I made an adjustment on the motor drive
我给他的轮椅制动机做了调整
and when I was putting it back together
之后要装回去时
I could not for the life of me figure out where they went.
却想不起这几个零件是装哪的了
Had to go to three clothing stores,
跑了整整三个服装店
but we finally found a dress that could envelop your mother.
总算找到一件能"装"进你妈的衣服了
I should have sent you
我应该提醒你
to the custom car cover place in Altadena.
去阿尔塔迪纳的特制车罩店去买的
They have her pattern on file.
他们有我妈的资料
Now will you please present my paper to Professor Hawking?
现在能把我的论文给霍金教授看了吧
Oh, for heaven's sake.
老天啊
I did your laundry, I pee-pee-proofed your belt buckles,
衣服帮你洗了 你的皮带扣还上了防尿层
I, I even sprained my wrist
我为了帮你妈抬高胸部
helping your mother lift her bosom.
我还把手腕扭伤了
All right, Sheldon,
好了 谢尔顿
there's only one thing left I want you to do.
你再帮我做最后一个任务
Don't worry, it's an easy one.
别担心 这个超简单
Give me a compliment.
夸夸我
You have very tiny hands.
你的手超小
No... about my job.
不 是夸我的工作
I want you to tell me I'm good at what I do.
夸我工作干得出色
You're obviously good at what you do.
你明显干得很出色啊
Well, then why are you always ripping on me?
那你为什么老是挖苦我
Oh, I understand the confusion.
我理解你的困惑
I have never said that you are not good at what you do.
我从未说过你工作不称职
It's just that what you do is not worth doing.
我是说你的工作没价值
It's nicer than anything he's ever said to me.
这话可比他对我说的好听多了
I'd take it and run.
要我一定会接受
Thank you, Sheldon.
谢谢你 谢尔顿
Now will you give my paper to Hawking?
现在能把我的论文给霍金看了吧
I gave it to him three days ago.
我三天前就给他了
He was really impressed.
他说了那论文很棒
He wants to meet you.
他想见你
Thank you, Howard.
谢谢你 霍华德
Please let Professor Hawking know
请你转告霍金教授
that I'm available at his earliest convenience.
他什么时间想见我 我都有空
I thought he might be a little more excited.
我还以为他会更兴奋呢
it's an honor and a privilege to meet you, sir.
能见到您真是太荣幸了 先生
I want to thank you for taking time to see me.
感谢您抽出时间见我
I enjoyed reading your paper very much.
我很喜欢你的论文
You clearly have a brilliant mind.
你的确是聪明绝顶
Your thesis that the Higgs boson is a black hole
你那关于希格斯玻色子是个黑洞
accelerating backwards through time is fascinating.
且能加速时间反演的理论很厉害
It just-- it came to me one morning in the shower.
是我有天早上洗澡时突然想到的
Too bad it's wrong.
可惜是错误的
What do you mean wrong?
你什么意思
You made an arithmetic mistake on page two.
第二页上有地方运算错误了
It was quite the boner.
愚蠢的错误
No, no... that can't be right.
不 那不可能
I-I don't make arithmetic mistakes.
我不可能会运算错误啊
Are you saying I do?
那你是说我有吗
no, no, of course not.
当然不是
It's just, I was thinking...
我只是在想
Oh, gosh, golly,I made a boo-boo,
天哪 我真的错了
and I gave it to Stephen Hawking.
我还把它呈给了史蒂芬·霍金
Great, another fainter.
老天 又一个晕倒粉