All right, we're about to go live.
好了 我们要准备直播了
Everyone on their A-game!
所有人准备好火力全开啊!
I'm Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
我是Sheldon Cooper博士
And I'm Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler.
我是Amy Farrah Fowler博士
And welcome to a special retrospective,
欢迎来到特别追溯
where we will take a look back at the history
我们将回顾从前 来看一看旗乐融融的历史
of Fun with Flags on an episode we're calling...
而这一集 我们就叫它...
"Fun with Flags: Behind the Flags:
"旗乐融融: 旗帜的背后:
♪ Wondering how it all began? ♪
♪ 还在想这都是怎么开始的吗? ♪
♪ You'll need a good attention span ♪
♪ 这你就得多多留心了 ♪
♪ For information and entertainment ♪
♪ 为你带来知识与娱乐 ♪
♪ That's equally effective ♪
♪ 这里是两者兼具的 ♪
♪ It's fun with flags ♪
♪ 旗乐融融 ♪
♪ Behind the flags ♪
♪ 旗帜之后 ♪
♪ A retrospective ♪
♪ 一段追溯 ♪
Mind you, when we say “behind the flags”"
提醒你一下 当我们说"旗帜之后"的时候
we don't literally mean these flags.
我们不是真的在说这些旗帜的背后
That's just where we have dinner.
那只是我们吃晚饭的地方
Now, I'm sure many of you are wondering
现在 我相信你们很多人都在好奇
how Fun with Flags began.
旗乐融融到底是怎样开始的呢
So let's hear from some people who were there
那就让我们来听听节目一开始
at the very start.
就存在的工作人员的想法吧
Howard. Flashback sounds.
Howard 回忆闪现音效
Could have played that on my harp.
我本来可以用我的竖琴弹这个的
Just roll the clip.
你按播放就行了
So tell us in your own words
请用你们自己的话
about that magical moment when Fun with Flags was born.
来谈谈旗乐融融诞生的那个神奇的时刻吧
I honestly don't remember.
讲真 我不记得了
I was telling you both the story
我当时正在跟你们俩说
about how Haiti and Lichtenstein
海地和利希滕斯泰因
discovered they had the same flag.
发现了他们的旗帜是一样的
It was at the Summer Olympics of 1936,
那是在1936年的夏季奥运会
and two plucky nations...
而这两个大胆的国度...
Oh, wait. I remember.
诶 等等 我记起来了
Oh, and do you remember what you said?
那你记得我说了什么吗?
Yes. “Please find someone who cares”
记得 "求你去找个在乎的人吧"
And that's exactly what I did.
而这也正是我后来做的事情
I found a lot of someones.
我找到了很多在乎的人
Many of them on purpose.
很多人都是带有目的来看的
And now we're going to turn it over to you, the viewers,
而现在 我们将把主动权交给你们 观众们
to call in and share
你们可以打电话进来 分享
your favorite Fun with Flags moments.
你最喜欢的旗乐融融中的时刻
And...and don't get discouraged if the phone lines are jammed.
还有...别被电话的忙音打败
Just keep trying.
只要接着试就行了
Welcome to Fun with Flags!
欢迎来到旗乐融融!
Hey, Amy. It's Bert.
嗨 Amy 我是Bert
What is your flag-related comment or query?
你有什么跟旗帜有关的评论或是问题吗?
I have a girlfriend.
我有女朋友了
And what does that have to do with flags?
那这个跟旗帜又有什么关系呢?
Nothing. I just wanted everyone to know I have a girlfriend.
没有 我只是想要大家都知道我有女朋友了
Bert, you're tying up the line.
Bert 你这是在占线了
My apologies to all of you
大家 不好意思
trying to call in with legitimate flag comments.
我向所有真正有着旗帜相关评论的人道歉
Ooh, ooh. All right.
哎呀 有了
We have our next caller.
我们有下一个打电话进来的观众了
Her name's Rebecca.
她的名字叫Rebecca
♪ Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state ♪
♪ 宇宙一度又烫又稠密 ♪
♪ Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait! ♪
♪ 140亿年前终于爆了炸... 等着瞧! ♪
♪ The Earth began to cool ♪
♪ 地球开始降温 ♪
♪ The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools ♪
♪ 自养生物来起哄 穴居人发明工具 ♪
♪ We built the Wall ♪ ♪ We built the pyramids ♪
♪ 我们建长城 我们建金字塔 ♪
♪ Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery ♪
♪ 数学 自然科学 历史 揭开神秘 ♪
♪ That all started with a big bang ♪
♪ 一切由大爆炸开始 ♪
♪ Bang! ♪ By aBu 20170422
Should we get lunch or you want to eat at the zoo?
我们应该先去吃午饭吗 还是你们想在动物园吃?
"Oh, Howie, I don't need food
"Howie 我不需要食物
as long as I can look at my phone".
我手机就能喂饱我了"
I don't like when you imitate me.
我不喜欢你学我
You want to hear my Stuart?
那你想听我学Stuart吗?
"It's been a while since I've gone on a date.
"离我上一次去约会已经有一段时间了
You mind if we watch the monkeys doing it?"
你介不介意我们看猴子们来一发啊?"
I said that to you in confidence.
我跟你说的时候是很自信的
This is supposed to be our family fun day.
今天本来应该是我们的家庭欢乐日啊
What's so important on your phone?
你手机上有什么东西这么重要啊?
I'm on the day care's Web site.
我在看一个日托中心的网站
Stop looking at that. The day care's great.
别看了 我们的日托挺好的
My office is two minutes away.
我的办公室两分钟就到了
There's nothing to worry about.
什么都不用担心
What if she likes the people who work there more than us?
那如果她相对于我们更喜欢那里的工作人员怎么办啊?
She already likes soap bubbles more than us.
她已经喜欢肥皂泡多过喜欢我们了
When I go back to work,
等我回去上班了以后
we're gonna leave her with these people.
我们就要把她交给那些人了
We don't know anything about them.
我们根本就不了解他们啊
They're highly-trained educators with background checks.
他们是通过了背景调查 训练有素的教育人员
They're even required to be current on all vaccinations.
他们甚至被要求注射了所有最新的疫苗
You leave her with me, and I'm not any of those things.
你还把她留给我呢 我可啥都没有啊
Where's Howard?
Howard到哪里去了?
He took the day off.
他今天请假了
Oh, let's take advantage of his absence
那我们就利用他不在的这一天
and tell the kinds of jokes only physicists get.
来讲各种只有物理学家才懂的笑话吧
Okay, here. Uh, Heisenberg is pulled over by a police officer.
有了 海森堡被警察拦下来了
And the policeman says,
然后警察说
"Did you know you were going 85 miles per hour?"
"你知道你刚刚开了85英里/时吗?"
And Heisenberg says,
然后海森堡就说
"Darn it, now I don't know where I am."
"该死的 现在我不知道我在哪儿了"
海森堡测不准原理:在一个量子力学系统中一个运动粒子的位置和它的动量不可被同时确定
- So Howard back Monday? - Yeah.
- 所以Howard周一会回来咯? - 是啊
Oh, hello. Hey. Want to join us?
你好 想跟我们一起坐吗?
But he's a geologist, and I have more physics jokes.
可是他是地质学家啊 我还有更多物理笑话呢
So, Sheldon says you have a new girlfriend.
Sheldon说你有了一个新女友
Yeah, which he rudely announced on my flag show.
是啊 他还很没礼貌地在我的旗帜节目中爆出了这个消息
People were so upset about it
人们对此超不爽的
no one else called in the rest of the night.
以至于后来整晚都没人再打电话进来了
Sorry. I couldn't help myself.
不好意思 我忍不住啊
I guess I just love love.
我想我只是热爱爱情吧
Well, I'm very happy for you.
我为你感到很高兴
Hey, we're all having dinner tonight.
我们今晚会一起吃晚饭
Why don't the two of you join us?
你们俩要不然一起吧?
Yeah, wh-- Hold on.
诶-- 等等
We don't know anything about this woman.
我们对这个女人还一无所知呢
What do you want to know?
那你们想知道什么呢?
Is she a geologist?
她是地质学家吗?
- No. - Oh, great. See you at 7:00.
- 不 - 那太好了 7点见
How about after this we go see the exotic bird show?
我们接下来去看异域风情鸟表演怎么样?
My hair is a coveted nesting material.
我的头发就是个改建的鸟巢材料
Learning anything?
学到什么了吗?
Well, sloth babies cling to their mothers' bodies
树懒宝宝会抓住他们母亲的身子
for almost a year.
这么抓将近一年
I'm going back to work after only four months,
而我在仅仅4个月之后就要回去上班了
so I've learned I hate myself, I hate sloths,
所以我发现我讨厌自己 讨厌树懒
and I hate you for bringing me here.
也讨厌你带我到这里来
Me I get, but that sloth is pretty cute.
你数落我我能理解 但那个树懒很可爱啊
It's not just the sloth.
不光是树懒的问题
Polar bears nurse their cubs for almost eight months.
北极熊会喂养他们的幼崽将近八个月
The orangutan mother builds her baby a new home every night.
母猩猩每天晚上都会给她们的宝宝盖一个新家
And what do I do? I choose my career over my child!
我都做了什么? 我为了自己的事业放弃了宝宝!
Told you we should have gone to Legoland.
都跟你说了我们应该去乐高乐园
Can't believe Bert has a girlfriend and I don't.
真想不到Bert都有女朋友了而我还单着
I thought you were taking a break from women
我以为你远离妹子
to focus on your career.
只是为了专心工作
Don't you have any friends he can date?
你还能给他介绍几个朋友让他去约吗?
Hey, I already set up Howard and Bernadette.
嘿 我已经给Howard介绍了Bernadette
It's your turn to ruin some poor girl's life.
现在该你去毁掉可怜的妹子们的生活了
Oh, hey, guys. Come in.
你们好啊 进来吧
- this is Rebecca. - Hi.
- 这是Rebecca - 嗨
She's younger and far more attractive than he is.
她比他更年轻而且更漂亮
They're copying you two.
他俩跟你俩简直一毛一样啊
What are you making?
你在做什么?
Birds mess with my hair, I come back hard.
鸟弄乱我的头发 我会加倍报复的
Finally get Halley down?
终于把Hally哄睡着了?
She's still not happy about taking a bottle, though.
她还在因为喝了瓶子里的奶生气呢
Look, if you're not ready to go back to work,
如果你和没做好回去上班的准备
we'll figure something out.
我们可以想一些其他的办法
It might be good for her.
这可能会对她更好些
Howard's mother was around him all the time,
Howard的妈妈经常在他身边
and he's a world-class mama's boy.
他现在简直是世界级的妈宝
I mean, why would you say that?
你为... 为啥这么说?
Go ahead, have a tantrum; that'll prove me wrong.
来啊 发个小脾气来证明我错了
It would be nice to raise Halley to be a little more independent than you were.
如果能把Hally养的比你更独立些就太棒了
It wasn't until college that I learned
等我上了大学才知道
you can put a thermometer in your mouth.
温度计可以放进嘴里
On that charming note, dinner is served.
在得知这个好消息的同时 晚饭上桌啦
So is this your first time dating a scientist?
所以这是你第一次和科学家约会吗?
'Cause I'm thinking of starting a support group.
因为我有组建个后援团的打算
Actually, I'm not new to this.
这对我来说已经不算是新闻了
I was engaged to a Scientologist.
我之前跟一个科学教教徒订过婚
Bert, Rebecca.
Bert和Rebecca
I'd like to apologize for my insensitive comment earlier.
我想就我早些时候的冷漠言论道歉
Don't worry about it. It's fine.
不用担心这些 没事的
See? It was fine.
看到了吗? 没事的
I didn't need a time-out.
我根本不需要出去回避
It wasn't a time-out. Let's get some food.
那不是出去回避 我们吃点东西吧
You made me sit on the stairs and think about what I did.
你逼我坐在楼梯上反思我做的事情
So how did you two meet?
所以你们是怎么认识的?
Oh, it's such a cute story.
这是个美好的故事
We met on a dating Web site.
我们在约会网站上面认识的
Oh, sorry. The end.
哦 不好意思 结 束
I haven't had much success meeting people online.
我和网友见面时候可没这么顺利
I didn't either, until I revamped my profile.
我也是 直到我改了个人资料
What'd you do, delete your photo?
你做了什么? 删照片吗?
And don't you slam that door.
你敢摔门试试
Did I say something wrong?
我说错什么了吗?
No, it's always him.
没有 他永远都是说错话那个
So, Bert, you were telling us how you updated your profile?
Bert你告诉我们你改了你的个人资料?
Right. I wasn't getting any responses, and then I added,
是的 我本来没收到任何回复 然后我加了
"Recent $625,000 MacArthur grant winner",
"今年625000美元的麦克阿瑟奖获奖者"
and five minutes later,
然后五分钟之后
I met my soul mate.
我就碰到了我的情人
I was wrong. You can come back in.
我错了 你能进来了
So, Rebecca, how did you become a personal trainer?
所以 Rebecca你是怎么成为私教的?
I came to Los Angeles to be an actress,
我到洛杉矶去当演员
and things didn't really work out.
但并没有很顺利
I'd say she's copying you again, but...
我本来想说她又在照抄你 但是...
...I'm getting tired of sitting in the hall.
我不想再去走廊里面坐着了
I'd love a personal trainer.
我也想请个私教啊
I haven't seen my abs since they opened a Shake Shack
自从我回家路上开了一家Shake Shack
on my drive home.
我就再也看不见我的腹肌了
I could give you some free sessions.
我可以免费给你上几节课
Oh, is that offer for everybody?
每个人都能去吗?
Where's your bathroom?
你们卫生间在哪啊?
Mm, just down there.
就在那边
She's so perfect, sometimes I think she isn't real.
她太完美了 有时候我都觉得她不是真的
And then she goes to the bathroom, and I know she is.
当她去卫生间时候我才知道她是真的
Aw, that's so weird.
这太奇葩了吧
I'm sorry, Bert,
不好意思 Bert
but aren't you worried she's only with you for your money?
你难道不会担心她和你在一起就是为了你的钱吗?
She better be. On our first date,
那再好不过了 我们头一次约会
I bought her an 80-inch flat-screen.
我就给她买了80寸的平板电视
Did you even measure her walls?
你都不去先量一下她家的墙吗?
You know, on our first date,
知道吗 我们第一次约会时候
Leonard used a coupon to buy me a pretzel.
Lenonard用打折券给我买了个椒盐卷饼
And we lived happily ever after.
然后我们还是开心地生活在一起
Well, guess I'm ready to go.
我想我准备好出门了
Have a great first day back.
祝你上班第一天一切顺利
You have everything she needs for day care?
你把她去日托所该准备的东西带全了吗?
Yep, all in the bag.
嗯 都在包里了
Mommy's gonna go to work now, so you have fun today.
妈妈现在要去上班了 希望你一天都开心
I told her if day care is anything like prison,
我跟她说如果日托所跟监狱一样
find the biggest baby and knock him out.
就找到那个最大的宝宝然后把他打翻
I'm gonna miss you.
我会想你的
I'm gonna be waiting right here tonight
今晚你回家时候
when you get home.
我会在这里等你的
Stop, you're gonna make me cry.
别这样 你会把我弄哭的
Great, now everybody's crying.
好了 现在大家全哭了
At least Halley's not.
至少Halley没有
She's not gonna see us all day, and she doesn't even care!
她一整天都会见不到我们 但她完全不在乎!
Who's ready to laugh?
谁准备好开怀大笑了?
Feynman, Einstein and Schrodinger walk into a bar.
费曼 爱因斯坦和薛定谔一起去了酒吧
"It appears we're inside a joke."
"看起来我们好像在一个笑话里"
Einstein replies, "But only to an observer
爱因斯坦回复他"但只有看见我们
who saw us walk in simultaneously.
同步走进来的观察者能发现"
爱因斯坦相对论中所说的同时的相对性各惯性系的观测者对于两事件发生仅能作出是否相对同时的判断而没有办法作出是否绝对同时的判断除非两事件发生在同一时空点上
To which Schrodinger says,
然后薛定谔说到
"If someone's looking in the window, I'm leaving."
"如果有人从窗户往里看 我就走人"
That's actually funny.
这个其实挺好笑的
You should send that to Jimmy Fallon.
你应该把这个笑话发给肥伦
- Oh, hello. Join us. - Hey. Yeah.
- 哦 你好啊 坐下吧 - 嗯
Hey, sorry if last night was awkward.
抱歉啊 昨晚气氛搞尴尬了
Actually, it got me thinking
没关系 其实 我也开始意识到
that I shouldn't flaunt my money to find love.
我不应该用炫富的方式 寻找另一半
I might break up with Rebecca.
我可能会和Rebecca分手
Wow, that's a big step.
哇 这可是件大事啊
I think it shows a lot of character.
我觉得这很有勇气
I'm gonna hold out and see if I can find
我打算等一等 看看能不能找到一个
a hot young blonde who likes me for me.
不是为了钱 而真正爱我的金发小美女
That's a good one.
这个笑话我给满分
Okay, now, Leonard, you tell a joke.
轮到你讲笑话了 Leonard
She's great. Look.
挺好的 你看
I see a wall...
我看到的是墙...
some Asian baby...
亚裔小孩儿...
See? Nothing to worry about.
你看? 没什么好担心的
Okay, I'm gonna try and get some work done.
这下我可以好好工作了
Yeah, me, too. Love you.
是啊 我也是 爱你哦
Love you, too. Bye.
我也爱你 拜拜
What are you doing here?
你怎么会在这里?
Can't a guy hang out at a college he doesn't go to
虽然我没上过大学 难道我就不能来学校里
and stare at a baby that isn't his?
看看别人家的孩子吗?
I haven't even made it to my office yet.
我也一直在这看着 没去办公室呢
Is it weird if we just stand here and watch her all day?
要是我们一整天都在这盯着她看 会不会有点诡异?
Or we could take her to the aquarium.
要不我们带她去水族馆吧
I'll get her, you grab her bag.
我抱她出来 你去拿包
Hang on, Halley, we're busting you out of there!
再坚持一下 Halley 我们马上就带你逃离这里!
What are you looking at?
你看什么呢?
Comments from our Behind the Flags retrospective.
"旗帜的背后"回忆特集的评论
Get this, people are calling it
你看 有人评论说这是
"the longest one yet"
"这是最漫长的一集"
Hello? Anybody home?
有人在家吗?
I think it's Bert.
我猜就是Bert
I broke up with Rebecca.
我和Rebecca分手了
You know, good for you.
其实也是好事
No, I miss her.
才不是 我现在特别想她
I don't know why I listened to you.
也不知道 我怎么就听了你的话
It was your crackpot idea that he deserves love.
都怪你瞎说 他才觉得自己也能遇见真爱
You know, you need to start raising your hand
下次你想说话之前
Yes, starting now.
对 从现在开始
Bert, you're a good guy; you deserve a woman
Bert 你是个好人 你应该找一个
who's interested in more than just your money.
喜欢你多过你的钱的女人
She was also interested in walking around my house
她以前还喜欢穿着内衣在我家附近
Now the only one doing that is me.
可是现在我只能自己走了
If you're that upset, go get her back.
你要真是这么难过的话 就去找她复合呀
She's not answering my calls.
但她不接我电话
Which really hurts because I bought her that phone.
太悲伤了 那电话还是我给她买的呢
I made a huge mistake.
这次我真的错了
Okay? Look, Bert, when I had money,
Bert 我跟你说 我以前有钱的时候
I dated lots of girls who weren't right for me.
曾和很多并不适合自己的女生约会过
And then I gave up my money,
现在我放弃了金钱
and now I'm alone and living with my friends,
结果孤身一人 还借住在朋友家里
and somebody else should probably talk now.
算了我说不下去了
relationships aren't about money, okay?
感情和金钱无关 你懂吗?
It's about respect and having things in common
重要的是互相尊重 有共同之处
Yes, Sheldon?
你想说什么 Sheldon?
You and Leonard don't have anything in common.
你和Leonard并没有什么共同之处
Maybe you should break up.
所以你们是不是应该分手了
You called on him.
谁让你点他名的
Guess who's home from day care?
看看谁从日托班回来了?
Unless somebody else put an "X"
除非别人也在宝宝的脚上
on the bottom of their kid's foot.
画了个叉做标记
You realize they called when you took her.
其实 你接走她的时候 日托班就给我打过电话了
Guess who's home from the aquarium?
那看看谁从水族馆回来了?
Sorry again for barging in.
抱歉 我没跟你们打招呼就过来了
You don't have to go. You're welcome to hang with us.
没事的 你随时都可以来和我们玩
Actually, our friendship group is at capacity.
那个 我们的朋友圈已经满员了
But if anybody drops out, you're at the top of the list.
不过如果有人想要退出的话 你是第一位候补
Unless it's Raj,
除非退出的是Raj
in which case, we'll probably get a person of color.
那样的话 可能需要找一位来自少数族裔的人加入我们
You guys are nice, but I'm just gonna
你们真好 不过我还是打算
buy Rebecca a Jet Ski and see if that gets her back.
给Rebecca买辆摩托艇 看看能不能让她回心转意
I feel bad for Bert.
真替Bert难过
So he's using his money to attract a mate.
他是在用钱吸引女性
Is that any different than me using my intelligence
这和我用智商吸引Amy
to attract Amy?
或者Leonard用他
Or Leonard using his power of groveling to get Penny?
死缠烂打的技能追到Penny有什么不同吗?
It's totally different.
完全不一样啊
Bert's money might run out,
Bert的钱总会花完
but I can beg until the end of time.
但是我可以永远死缠烂打下去
All that and he's shorter than me.
而且他还比我矮
Sheldon, what did Amy have that attracted you?
Sheldon 你觉得Amy最吸引你的地方是什么?
Her mind, her kindness,
她的聪明 她的善良
and especially her body.
特别是她的身体
Relax. We're the same blood type.
别想太多 我们俩血型一样
He knew he could harvest an organ.
他觉得我可以捐个器官给他
She does look happy.
她看起来挺开心的
See? This is the right thing for her.
看到了吧? 这里很适合她的
Let's all just go to work.
我们都去上班吧
Let me just say good-bye.
我要和她说再见
Halley. Look at Mommy.
Halley 看看妈咪呀
Over here, honey.
我在这呢 宝贝
Say good-bye to Mommy!
和妈咪说再见!
Look at your mother!
看看你妈妈!
All right, we can go.
差不多了 我们走吧
I'm Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
我是Sheldon Cooper博士
And I'm Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler.
我是Amy Farrah Fowler博士
Based on the glowing reception
由于我们上期节目
of our recent Behind the Flags retrospective,
"旗帜的背后"回忆特集反响非常热烈
we thought you might like to see how it all came together.
我想 大家可能想知道上期节目背后的故事
So welcome to tonight's episode...
所以 欢迎收看今晚的节目...
Behind the Behind the Flags:
旗帜背后的背后:
A Retrospective Retrospective.
回忆特集的回忆特集
Ooh, we already have our first call.
哈 已经有观众打来第一个电话了
Hello, you're on Fun with Flags.
您好 欢迎致电"旗乐融融"
The Jet Ski worked. I got her back.
摩托艇果然有用 我们复合了