That is unbelievable.
真是太棒了
Damn, the MacArthur Genius Grant.
靠 麦克阿瑟奖啊
俗称天才奖 为纪念约翰·D·麦克阿瑟而命名50万奖金颁发给在各领域内具有非凡创造性的杰出人士
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
没人比他更值得获得这个奖了
Everything is stupid and I want to go home.
一切都蠢爆了 人家要回家了
That's Sheldon's way of saying
这是谢尔顿版本的
he's proud of Bert, too.
他也为伯特感到骄傲
Hey, it's not even called the "Genius Grant,"
而且这奖都不叫做"天才奖"
it's the MacArthur Fellowship.
正确名称叫"麦克阿瑟奖学金"
Just like it's not Frankenstein,
就像不是《弗兰肯斯坦》
it's "Frankenstein's Monster."
而是《弗兰肯斯坦的怪物》一样
又称《科学怪人》 弗兰肯斯坦常被人误会以为是那怪人的名字 其实那个科学家的名字
Which brings us back to that hulking simpleton over there.
这又让我们联想到后面这位庞大巨怪
And if anyone's a genius,
要说谁是天才
it's me for the way I brought that full circle.
那也是能联想出刚才那一串的我
How much money did he win?
他赢了多少奖金呢
Over half a million dollars.
超过50万美元
And he doesn't have to use it for research,
而且这个奖金没规定得用在研究上
he can do whatever he wants with it.
他可以任意支配
Oh, good, maybe he can build a nicer bridge to live under.
他家住天桥底 现在可以盖一座更好的桥住了
- Here he comes. - Right.
-他过来啦 -是啊
I know how to behave.
我知道怎么表现好吗
Hey, congratulations Bert!
恭喜你啊 伯特
- Yeah, good for you. - That's amazing.
-恭喜你 -太厉害了
I was as surprised as anybody.
我也跟所有人一样惊讶啊
When they called and told me I won,
他们打来通知我得奖了
I didn't believe them.
我都不相信是真的
And then they said, "No, you really won."
然后他们说"你真的赢了"
And then I said, "Cool."
我就说"酷啊"
Someone call George R. R. Martin,
谁快打给《冰与火之歌》的拖搞作者
this guy knows how to finish a story.
这家伙可知道怎么给故事收尾了
I've gotten pretty good at telling it.
我已经越来越会说这故事了
I zinged him with sarcasm, he didn't even notice.
我讽刺了他一番 他都没听出来
and it was the greatest sarcastic quip I've ever heard.
你讽刺他的金句可是我这辈子听过最毒的呢
Well, aren't you a peach.
你这小嘴抹了蜜了
♪ Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state ♪
♪ Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait! ♪
♪ The Earth began to cool ♪
♪ The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools ♪
♪ We built the Wall, We built the pyramids ♪
♪ Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery ♪
♪ That all started with a big bang ♪
Who leaves their bike in the hallway?
谁会把自行车随便放在走廊啊
You know, if I knew how to ride one,
我要是会骑自行车
he's just cranky because Bert from the geology lab
他耍脾气是因为地质学的伯特
Oh, I heard him interviewed on the radio!
我有在广播上听到他的采访
You know, when they told him he won,
就是颁奖单位通知他获奖时
he didn't believe it, but then he did believe it.
他本来不相信 然后他又相信了
Who listens to the radio anymore?
这年头谁还听广播啊
Bert is studying the way microbes in rocks
伯特在研究岩石中的微生物
can survive in extreme environmental conditions.
在极端环境下是如何生存的
They say it could be a potential indicator
有人认为这可能成为
of life on other planets.
其他星球上有无生命的指标
You know what, I've met Bert.
我见过伯特这人
Isn't he an indicator of life on other planets?
他的存在不就指出了其他星球上有生物吗
You used to make those jokes about me.
你以前开这种玩笑都是吐槽我的
Now everything is Bert, Bert, Bert!
现在什么事都是伯特这个 伯特那个
You know, Sheldon, maybe if you take the time
谢尔顿 或许如果你花时间
to actually read Bert's research,
真去读读人家的研究成果
you'd be less bitter about him winning.
或许你就不会对人家赢奖这么郁闷
You want me to read a geology paper?
你是要我去读地质学论文啊
Honestly, I just want you to be quiet
说实话 我是想你闭嘴
but I'm all out of taffy.
可是我身上没糖果了
There's somebody out here who wants to meet you.
这边有个人想进来见见你
Say hello to everybody's little friend--
跟大家的小号朋友打声招呼
remote control Stephen Hawking!
遥控史蒂芬·霍金教授
Where did you get that?
你从哪搞来的啊
I found him in an old box.
在一个旧物箱里发现的
Why would you buy it?
你为啥要买这玩意
What is wrong with you?
你脑子是有什么毛病啊
What's the big deal?
这有什么大不了啊
Howie, it's in poor taste.
华仔 这是低级趣味
No, it's not. Check it out.
才没有 你看好了
He says fun stuff.
他会说很好笑的句子
want to go for a spin?
想跟我去兜几圈吗
His eyes also light up in the dark.
他的双眼在黑暗中会亮哦
It's always fun watching him read someone else's work.
看他读别人的研究成果总是很好玩
It's like scrolling through the emojis on my phone.
感觉就像在翻阅我手机上的表情包
Sounds like the night we had coitus.
听起来像我们交媾的那晚
I hope you're happy making me read this.
让我读这东西的人 你们这下高兴了吧
Bert's work is remarkable.
伯特的成果非凡
And I'm more upset than ever.
我现在更不高兴了
This is worse than when I had to admit that
承认这点比有一次我得承认
Cedric the Entertainer's actually entertaining.
搞笑艺人塞德里克真的很搞笑还不爽
Sheldon, it's foolish to be angry that Bert's work has merit.
谢尔顿 因为伯特的成果很棒而生气太傻了
Yeah, well I-I am angry!
我是生气
And you telling me not to be angry
而你叫我别生气
And do you know how hearing myself
你知道一遍又一遍
say the word angry over and over makes me feel?
听自己说"生气"这个词让我作何感想吗
- Ooh, a-angry? - What are you doing?
-生气吗 -干嘛多嘴
I-I-I knew the answer. I got excited.
人家知道答案 得意忘形了嘛
Hey, buddy, why don't we go for a walk,
伙计 要不我们出去散散步
so you can calm down.
好让你冷静一下
That's a good idea.
这个主意好
I guess everyone's having them now.
看来现在所有人都能有好主意了
Hey, I'm trying to help you.
我是想帮你好吗
You can walk ahead of me and scare off the pigeons.
你可以走在我前面 帮我吓走鸽子
Just wave your arms a little and they fly away, it's not...
就挥挥你的稻草人手 鸽子自然会飞走
I'm gonna show you something.
我要给你看样东西
Now, one of us thinks it's offensive.
我们俩有一人觉得这玩意冒犯人
The other thinks it's hilarious
另一人觉得这玩意很好笑
But, I'm not going to tell you
但是我不会告诉你
But I'm going to say
但我要说
it's the guy who shows me YouTube videos
喜欢它的人肯定是给我看网上
of people getting hit in the nuts.
人们蛋蛋被各种打到视频的那家伙
I've worked with Hawking.
我跟霍金共事过
He's got a great sense of humor.
他非常有幽默感
And I think he'd like it.
我觉得他会喜欢这玩意
Okay, call him and show him.
好啊 那打给他视频给他看
I have no problem calling him.
打给他当然没问题啊
Fine, then do it.
好啊 那就打吧
While you're bothering the world's most famous scientist,
当你在烦世界上最有名的科学家时
be sure to show him how funny he looks
记得一定要给他看看他被卡在
getting stuck under our dishwasher.
我们洗碗机下的样子有多可笑
What's this button do?
这个按钮是做什么的
Gentlemen, start your wheelchairs.
先生们 启动轮椅
"Gentlemen. Start Your Engines!"
经典赛车开场白 原句为
You laughed when that guy got hit in the nuts.
你也在别人蛋蛋被打到时嘲笑人家啊
I laughed because the guy was Leonard.
我笑是因为那个被打到的人是莱纳德
I admire you, Leonard.
我很佩服你 莱纳德
You're happy with who you are.
你对自己的状态感到满意
You don't get jealous of other people.
你不会去羡慕嫉妒其他人
Instead of being weighed down by ambition,
你没有雄心壮志 也不会被其拖累
you just float along like a dead body in a river.
你只是一具飘浮在河上的死尸 随波逐流
I couldn't just take the compliment.
我为啥就不能接受夸赞就好
I had to ask why.
还得嘴贱问原因
You know, I do understand what you're feeling.
我真的理解你现在的感受
My brother and sister's accomplishments
我哥哥和姐姐的成就
have always been held over my head.
一直让我抬不起头
How did you deal with it?
那你是怎么处理的
I wet the bed until college,
我直到上大学才不尿床
but I don't think that's a quality fix.
但我觉得这不算是个好的解决方法
I can't believe I was surpassed by a geologist.
我无法相信自己被一个地质学家超越了
He studies rocks!
他研究的是石头
If rock is so great, how come paper beats it?
石头要真有这么棒 为啥剪刀石头布会输给布
Leonard, I'm having a primal urge to throw this rock.
莱纳德 我有一股冲动想把这石头扔出去
Visualize it as your anger
把它想象成你的气愤
a-and-and toss it out of your life.
然后用力将它扔出你的人生
encapsulates all my negative emotions.
封装了我所有的负面情绪
I will cast you far away.
我会将你抛得远远的
Feel free to take out a pigeon while you're at it.
你被抛出天际时 可以顺便砸死只鸽子
I tried to let go of anger
我试图释放我的气愤
and threw a rock into my foot!
结果扔石头砸到我的脚了
Then he got more angry and kicked the rock
然后他更生气 用另一只脚
- with his other foot. - Wha--?
-去踹那块石头 -搞毛啊
And what happened to you?
你又是怎么回事
Oh, I laughed so hard,
我狂笑不止
I burst a blood vessel in my nose. It's fine.
鼻子的血管都笑破了一根 没事啦
You know, it's one thing to be envious,
嫉妒别人就算了
but now you're injuring yourself.
可你现在还自残
Although if you are gonna do it again,
不过如果你要再自残
please let me know, so I can get it on video.
麻烦一定要告诉我 我好拍下来
instead of fixating on what Bert has,
别老关注伯特拥有什么
you should appreciate all of the good things in your life.
你应该感恩自己人生拥有的美好事物
you're in good health,
你拥有健康的身体
you've got a roof over your head.
你还拥有一个栖身之所
Yeah, but you've got all those things,
是啊 但这些你也有
and no one's lining up to be you.
也没人争着排队想成为你啊
Anybody else want to try?
谁想来试试
I'm gonna go make some more tea
我再去泡点茶
and question my life choices.
顺便质疑下我的人生选择
This is getting old fast, Dolores, knock it off!
谢小妹妹 老娘快没耐心了 别再唧唧歪歪
Uh, do you really think calling me names is helpful?
你真的觉得这么乱叫我有用吗
Your life is fine, you big baby!
你的人生很好了 你个老屁孩
Maybe you're right.
或许你说得对
I'm questioning your life choices, too.
但我也在质疑你的人生选择了
You know, I just need to keep reminding myself
我就是需要提醒我自己
that Bert's success is not my failure.
伯特的成功并不代表我的失败
And that men of his large stature
而且像他这样巨型的身材
are more susceptible to a wide array of life-threatening diseases.
也更容易感染上各种各样的致命病症
There you go...
这就...对啦...
I'm conducting a quick survey.
我在做一个快速调查
Do you think this respectful
你觉得这个向伟人致敬的
and loving tribute to a great man
集可敬与可爱为一体的小玩意
Do you think this is in poor taste?
你觉得这个算低级趣味吗
Does it spin around and do tricks?
这玩意可以打转或耍把戏吗
Give me the remote control.
把遥控器给我
I want to drive him into the girls' restroom.
我要把他开到女厕所去
All right, we're done. It's offensive.
结论已出 这不是个好玩意
Top of the afternoon, gentlemen.
下午好 各位
You're in a good mood.
你心情不错啊
Well, it's a new day. I have a new outlook.
新的一天已降临 我有了新的世界观
I don't need to worry about other people.
我不用关心别人的事
I just need to think more about myself.
我只需要多把心思花在自己身上
Oh, how will we ever get used to the new you?
天 我们要如何习惯全新的你
Well, I'm glad to see you moving forward.
我很高兴你能放下 并向未来前进
Bert did quality research.
伯特的研究做得不错
And he deserves whatever accolades he receives.
他受到表彰也是理所当然的
Did you upgrade his software last night?
你昨晚升级了他这机器人的软件吗
I think he might be learning on his own.
他这是开启了自主学习模式
Then the robot uprising has begun.
看来机器人大叛乱指日可待
Excuse me, I need to pay Bert
抱歉 我要去向伯特
a proper congratulations.
表达我的祝贺
He doesn't just look like C-3PO,
他不光长得像C-3PO
now he walks like him.
现在连走路都一模一样了
I wanted to let you know that I read your research,
我想让你知道 我读了你的论文
and your award is well-deserved.
你拿奖 实至名归
I've been hearing that a lot.
最近我听了好多类似的话
Ever since I won, people think I'm great.
自从我得奖 大家都夸我棒棒哒
Well, just this once,
好吧 仅此一次
you can count me as people, too.
你可以把我和大家混为一谈
You know, as a MacArthur Grant winner,
作为麦克阿瑟奖学金获得者
I'm allowed to nominate someone for next year.
我可以提名下一届的候选人
I didn't know that.
我还不知道这件事呢
So I was thinking, you know,
我想了一下
engineers don't get a lot of respect.
工程师好像一直不受重视
Is your friend Howard working on anything cool?
你朋友霍华德有在研究什么有趣的东西吗
You know, I-I'm not sure.
我 我不确定
You know, you'd have to ask him.
你应该去问他
Leonard! I hurt myself again.
莱纳德 我又伤了自己
Excuse me, I-I have to go take some pictures.
不好意思 我得去拍点照片了
I can't believe you head-butted a water fountain.
真不敢相信你居然用头去撞饮水器
No, I went to punch the water fountain,
不 我本打算一拳砸在饮水器上
slipped in water in front of the water fountain,
结果踩到饮水器前一滩水滑倒
and hit my head on the water fountain.
才一头撞上饮水器
I can't imagine you being violent.
我真想象不出你暴力的样子
It's not hard. Just picture the Three Stooges,
也没那么难了 想象一下"三个臭皮匠"的表演
and then take away two stooges.
然后去掉两个臭皮匠
I'm so disappointed in myself.
我对自己太失望了
Jealousy is completely illogical.
嫉妒真是毫无逻辑可言
It's a human emotion, Sheldon.
这是人类的正常感情 谢尔顿
Everyone gets jealous.
每个人都会嫉妒
I'm jealous of Leonard and Penny
我就很嫉妒莱纳德和佩妮
and Howard and Bernadette
霍华德和伯纳黛特之间
for being in such happy relationships.
相亲相爱的关系
What about me and Sheldon?
不嫉妒我和谢尔顿吗
I've always been jealous of how much money
我一直都很嫉妒拉杰
Thank you for saying that. Next to buying things,
谢谢夸奖 家底丰厚的好处
that is the best part about having money.
除了买买买 就是炫炫炫
Ever since I met Penny,
自从我认识了佩妮
I've been envious of her looks.
我就一直嫉妒她的美貌
That's why I was so happy when you cut your hair off.
所以你剪短发时我才笑得合不拢嘴
You know what I mean.
你懂我的意思
You were still hot, but more like a
虽然你依然美丽 但更像是
"Why'd that hot girl cut off all her hair?" hot.
"那位美女是疯了才剪短发吧"的那种美
You liked my short hair, right?
你喜欢我的短发造型吧
Yeah... I loved it.
是...我挺喜欢的
Love you, love the hair,
爱你 爱你的秀发
would love to change the subject.
咱们换个话题吧
Seriously, none of you liked it?
说真的 你们都不喜欢吗
I thought it was brave.
我觉得你很勇敢
Does that count as liking it?
这算是喜欢吗
You know, how come nobody's talking about
那怎么没人说起
Howard's dopey haircut?
霍华德的傻逼发型呢
I think he looks cute.
我觉得他挺可爱呀
And I think you're cute.
我觉得你也很可爱
I think you're both cute.
我觉得你俩都好可爱
I think I hate all of you nerds.
我觉得我烦死你们这群书呆子了
Sorry I'm moving slowly.
抱歉 我走得太慢了
If you pull a butterscotch out of your pocket,
要是你现在能从兜里掏出颗奶油硬糖
it would be like I'm walking with my grandma.
那就真是和跟我奶奶散步一模一样了
Did you... A plaque?
你看... 纪念牌
Nobody wants to see this.
没人想看这玩意儿
Well, change "Plaque" to "Mixed-race couple"
把"纪念牌"这词换成"跨种族伴侣"
and you are my grandma.
你就是我奶奶无疑
I can't take this anymore.
我再也受不了了
Bert. Bert. Bert!
伯特 伯特 伯特
All right, let's do this...
好了 我们上吧...
What happened to you?
你这是怎么搞的
Rock, rock, water fountain.
石头 石头 饮水器
I am not proud of this.
这事说起来并不光彩
But I have been envious of your recent success.
但我最近一直在嫉妒你的成功
Wow, I won the MacArthur Grant,
我得了麦克阿瑟奖
everyone's jealous of me.
大家都开始嫉妒我
Once I get Lasik, I'll be out of things to wish for.
等我把视力激光矫正手术做了 就别无所求了
I was hoping by admitting my weakness to you,
我是希望通过向你坦白我的弱点
I'd somehow be unburdened.
卸下我心中的重担
- Is it working? - No.
-轻松了吗 -没有
Now that you know my weakness,
现在弱点被你知道了
I hate you more than ever.
我对你的恨意更强烈了
Well, you know, we're both pretty smart.
我们俩都很聪明
I bet if we put our heads together,
要是我们能一起想
we could come up with a solution.
说不定能想出个办法呢
Now, the enemy of the enemy is my friend.
敌人的敌人就是朋友
And right now, I'm my own worst enemy.
现在 我最大的敌人是我自己
That makes you my fr--
也就是说 你是我朋...
Okay, I'm good to go.
说吧 我洗耳恭听
Now that we're friends, want to see if we can
既然我们是朋友了 要不要试试
get tickets to a taping of Ellen?
去搞两张《艾伦秀》的观众入场券
You know what? This isn't gonna work.
拉倒吧 这行不通的
You know, you've got a lot to be happy about.
你可以高兴的事有很多
You're at the top of your field,
在你的领域里 你是最棒的
you have a great girlfriend.
还有一个那么棒的女朋友
Yes! That's right!
对啊 想起来了
In the past, you've professed feelings for her.
过去你曾经喜欢过她
Does it eat you up inside
看着我拥有她 而你却望而不得
that I have her and you don't?
心里是不是苦死了
But now that I'm rich and successful,
不过现在我已经名利双收了
I think I can do better.
应该可以找个更好的
I can't believe you punched Bert.
不敢相信 你居然打了伯特一拳
I didn't punch him.
我没有挥拳打他
He turned around, and I gave him
是趁他转身 我给他来了一招
a Captain Kirk karate chop.
寇克船长的手刀
I'm not even sure he knows I did it.
都不知道他有没有感觉到
I've got someone here who might make you feel better.
我找到了或许能安慰你的人
you're struggling with professional jealousy.
因为事业上的嫉妒心而挣扎的感受
Thanks, Leonard, now he's not gonna think I'm cool.
谢你啊 莱纳德 现在害他觉得我不酷了
Don't worry, I know how you feel.
别担心 我懂你的感受
I have never won a Nobel Prize.
我一次诺贝尔奖没得过
Oh, wow, that doesn't seem fair.
感觉好不公平啊
I've been on The Simpsons.
我上过动画片《辛普森一家》
How do you deal with the success of your colleagues?
你怎么面对同事们的成功呢
every scientific advancement is a victory.
每一次科学进步 都是胜利
Also, I was on Star Trek.
而且我还上过《星际迷航》
Oh, it was a good one. He played poker with Sir Isaac...
那段可精彩了 他和牛顿玩扑克
Don't waste your time on jealousy, Sheldon,
不要把你的时间花在嫉妒上 谢尔顿
you're too brilliant.
对你的聪明才智是种浪费
How can you feel bad
连史蒂芬·霍金都夸你聪明
if Stephen Hawking says you're brilliant?
你怎么还能难过呢
Thank you, Professor Hawking.
谢谢你 霍金教授
You are a gift to mankind.
你就是人类之光
There should be statues of you everywhere.
应该到处都有你的雕像
You know, the Lincoln Memorial has a big chair.
林肯纪念堂里的林肯坐在椅子上呢
We could swap you right in.
直接把你换上去吧
I always thought a motorized toy of me would be cool.
要是有个我形象的电动玩具就好了
What a wonderful idea!
多好的主意啊
How does this man not have a Nobel?
怎么还不给这人颁诺贝尔奖
- Do not tell Wolowitz. - Way ahead of you.
-不要告诉沃洛威茨 -早想到了
A new study came out, and it said that laughing
新的研究成果表示 大笑
深受观众喜爱的《艾伦秀》现场由著名主持人兼喜剧演员艾伦主持
makes your brain work better.
能让你的大脑运转更灵活
And I know that's true because laughing
这是真的 因为我已经
has made me the "Smartiest."
把自己笑成"最葱明"的人了
Although, on the other hand,
不过话说回来
babies laugh a lot, and they're dumb.
婴儿们也总笑 他们怎么那么笨
Do people know about her?
大家认识这人吗
'Cause she's delightful.
她好讨人喜欢啊