Previously, on Genius...
《天才》 前情提要
Picasso and I, we are the future.
我和毕加索 我们才是未来的希望
I wish I had a place like this.
真希望我也能有这样一个容身之处
But you can work here if you want.
你想的话 也可以在这里画画
I could give you 150 francs every month.
每个月我都可以给你150法郎
In return, I own everything you produce.
作为交换 你所有的作品都归我所有
I am in love with Germaine.
我爱上杰曼了
I'm not in love with you.
我并不爱你
Because you cannot satisfy me!
因为你满足不了我
You cannot go back to Paris.
你不能回巴黎
No, I'm going back to Barcelona.
不会的 我要回巴塞罗纳
It's my fault. I should never have believed him.
这是我的错 我根本就不该相信他
She's his mistress?
她是他的情妇
How many does he have?
他有多少情妇
How many women has he painted?
他画过多少女人
So you're finished with Dora?
你跟多拉结束了
Of course not. She's brilliant.
当然不会 她才华横溢
I can't remember the last time
我记不得上一次
she made me want to pick up a brush.
她让我有想要拿起画笔的冲动是什么时候了
I need something new.
我需要新鲜的事物
I want to be a painter.
我想当画家
You will become a lawyer.
你会成为一名律师
Matisse is the greatest painter in the world.
马蒂斯是世界上最好的画家
But Picasso is much better-looking.
但毕加索好看多了
We're having a joint exhibition
我们在一家很有声望的画廊
at a very well-respected gallery.
举办一场联合展出
You must come and visit me sometime. To see some of my work.
你有时间一定要来看我 看看我的一些作品
You are going to paint her, aren't you?
你要画她 是吧
You are my wife, you will do what I tell you to...
你是我的老婆 我让你干什么你就干什么
That's all I have.
我只有这么多了
Is it enough to get me to Paris?
够我去巴黎的吗
Yes, charming, aren't they?
是的 他们是不是很迷人
Well, no one can charm you, Francoise.
谁也迷不倒你 弗朗索瓦丝
Except perhaps a certain Spanish painter.
或许某个西班牙画家例外
He probably won't even remember us.
他可能连我们都没记住
Maybe not me, but he certainly hasn't forgotten you.
可能没记住我 但是他绝对没忘记你
We've come to see Monsieur Picasso.
我们是来见毕加索先生的
Oh. What a surprise.
真是个意外
We thought you would be expecting us.
我们以为你在等我们来
We've been busy with our show. You should come.
我们一直忙着展出的事 你应该来看看
You mentioned you might show us some of your art.
你说过你想给我们看看你的艺术作品
It would be a thrill for us.
这让我们激动不已
I, if you want to see art, you go to a gallery,
我 如果你想看艺术的话 就去画廊
an exhibition, a museum.
展览 博物馆
Mm, you go to the Louvre.
你们可以去卢浮宫
Well, it seems we've disturbed you after all.
看来我们还是打扰你了
Thank you for the invitation.
谢谢你的邀请
You're welcome to return, of course.
当然 欢迎你们再来
But if you do, don't come like the worshipers to the Holy Land.
但是如果你们再来 别像个朝圣的敬拜者
Come because you want to see me.
而是因为想见我再来
Apparently they are having some kind of a show.
显然她们正在办什么展览
Find out where it is.
查查在哪办的
The artist's name is Francoise Gilot.
艺术家的名字是弗朗索瓦丝·吉洛
She's a most intriguing young discovery.
她是最有意思的青年新秀了
Don't you agree, Monsieur Picasso?
您说是不是 毕加索先生
Thank you for allowing me to work here.
谢谢你让我在这工作
No money for models?
没钱请模特
the real world is a better subject for art, anyway.
不管怎么说 真实世界都是更好的艺术主题
Christ is the only real subject for art.
基督是艺术唯一的真实主题
What you do they sell in alleys to perverts.
你画的都是他们在小巷子里卖给变态的东西
But it is not my business.
但这不关我的事
The whores wearing the bonnets...
戴着软帽的妓女
Have syphilis. I know.
有梅毒 我知道
Best to keep your distance.
最好保持距离
Will you paint me without the bonnet?
你可以画不戴软帽的我吗
I don't want anyone seeing me like this.
我不想让任何人看到我这副样子
What if I paint you in a beautiful white veil?
我画戴着漂亮面纱的你 怎么样
No one wants to buy pictures of dying whores!
没人愿意买要死了的妓女的画
I make the art, you sell it.
我创作的是艺术 你负责卖
If you can't, that's your problem.
如果你卖不出去 那是你的问题
I thought you were headed for greatness.
我以为你会成为优秀的画家
Why else would I dole out money to you every month?
不然我为什么要每个月施舍钱给你
I'm painting, aren't I?
我一直在画不是吗
Blue hags and corpses!
你画蓝衣老太婆跟尸体
Van Gogh and Lautrec...
梵高跟罗特列克
Paint flowers, show girls,
他们画花朵 歌舞女郎
anything people can eat dinner
人们可以一边吃晚餐一边看这些画
under without losing their appetite.
又不会失去食欲
I can only paint what I feel.
我只能画我感受到的东西
No one else wants to feel like that.
没人想要感受这样的东西
You look like you're the one who died, for Christ's sake.
看在上帝份上 你看起来就像个死人
My closest friend put a bullet in his brain.
我的挚友一枪崩了自己的脑袋
Yes. It's terrible.
对 是很可怕
But you must learn to separate your life from your art.
但你必须学会把生活与艺术分开
Then find someone else to tell your sad stories to
那你去找别人说你的伤心小故事吧
because I'm done with it.
因为我受够你了
I should have tried harder.
我应该要更努力的
It wasn't your fault.
那不是你的错
I shouldn't have believed him.
我不该相信他的
I knew he hadn't really let you go.
我明知道他还没放下对你的感情
But I never thought he'd...
但我从没想过他会
Blood all over the walls.
墙上到处都是血
Manuel told me that Carles...
曼努埃尔告诉我 卡雷斯
I moved just the second before the bullet hit.
我刚好在他开枪前一秒闪开了
Now I feel like his ghost is following me.
现在我觉得他的鬼魂一直跟着我
I've tried to paint other things, other people,
我试过画其他东西 其他人
Every face becomes his.
每张面孔都变成他的脸
You are the only one who understands.
你是唯一了解我感受的人
You don't have to run off.
你不需要马上离开
I can't go back to Manach.
我不能回去找曼纳科
I need to find new lodgings.
我得找到新的寄宿房间
You're welcome to stay here as long as you want.
你可以留在这里 多久都行
It's nice not to feel so lonely.
这样我就不会太寂寞了
How could we have done this?
我们刚才怎么能这样
It's what we both needed.
这是我俩都需要的
What about what Carles needed?
那卡雷斯需要的呢
But it was so suffocating...
但那段关系令人窒息
Because he worshipped you!
因为他太爱你了
Why couldn't you just have loved him?
你当时为什么不能爱他呢
You think I don't ask myself that every day?
你以为我没有每天问自己这个问题吗
You've said enough.
你说得够多了
Another coffee, Mademoiselle?
小姐 你要再一杯咖啡吗
Put it on my bill, Lucien.
记在我的帐上 吕西安
And bring her a bowl of soup.
再给她一碗汤
Thank you. I'm not hungry.
谢谢你 我不饿
Oh, well, next you're gonna tell me you're not cold,
接下来你会跟我说你不冷
but I've been watching you shiver for half an hour.
但我已经看你发抖半小时了
My husband would not approve.
我丈夫不会同意的
Is he the one who gave you that charming little memento?
你丈夫是给你那个迷人小印记的人吗
I don't accept charity.
我不接受施舍
Are you looking for work, then.
那你在找工作吗
As it happens, I could offer you work.
正巧我可以给你工作
As a model. I'm a sculptor.
当模特儿 我是雕刻家
I don't do that sort of thing.
我不做那种事的
What don't you do?
你不做哪种事
Sit on a stool while someone stares at you?
一边坐在椅子上一边有人盯着你吗
You're doing it right now.
你现在就在做这种事
But I have my clothes on.
但我现在穿着衣服
My name is Laurent.
我的名字是洛朗
In case you reconsider.
你改变心意就来找我
Paris gets, uh, horribly cold in the winter.
巴黎到冬天时会变得非常冷
Who is the artist?
这位艺术家是谁
He calls himself Picasso.
他自称毕加索
He had his own show here a few months ago.
几个月前他在这里办了个展
Do you have more of his paintings?
你还有更多他的画吗
Unfortunately, he has not
不幸的是 几个月来
brought me anything worth showing in months.
他一直没有给我值得展出的画作
But I can offer you a good price on this one.
但我可以用实惠的价格让你买走这幅画
Well, I'm not usually inclined to, uh,
我通常不习惯
begin collecting an artist
开始收集一位艺术家的作品
until I am more familiar with his work.
直到我进一步了解他的作品
Do you know where I might find him?
你知道在哪能见到他本人吗
I am looking for Monsieur Picasso.
我想找毕加索先生
If I owe you money...
如果你是来讨债...
Uh, nothing of the sort, uh, Monsieur Vollard only had one
没这回事 沃拉尔先生的画廊
of your paintings in his gallery,
只有一幅你的画
and I was hoping that you might show me some more.
我希望能欣赏你更多的作品
I am Max Jacob.
我叫马克斯·雅各布
I shipped several of my paintings back to Barcelona
我已经运了一些画回巴塞罗纳
but I do have many works here.
但这儿还有不少
Um, give me a moment, I, I wasn't expecting a collector.
稍等我一会 我没料到今天有收藏家上门
Oh, no, I. No, no, no. No, no, no...
不不不 我...
I am afraid you've misunderstood.
你恐怕是误会了
I am not a collector.
我不是什么收藏家
What are you, then?
那你是什么
Well, m-most days, I am a poet.
大多数时候 我是诗人
Oh, that's even worse than being a painter.
简直比画家还糟糕
So, why are you here?
那么你来的目为何
To retreat from the banal.
逃离庸俗之地
To bask in the brutal beauty of
沉浸于残酷的
Everyone hates them.
没有人喜欢这些
I think they are extraordinary.
我认为这些是超凡之作
I may not be able to afford a painting,
我或许买不起一幅画
but at least let me buy you a meal.
但至少让我请你吃一顿饭
What if Vollard is right?
万一沃拉尔说对了
I had one chance to make something of myself.
我曾经有个机会能成就自己
What if it's all over?
万一我已错失良机
Mm, give me your hand.
给我你的手
I am a mystic of all trades.
我多才多艺
A poet, a critic and...
既是诗人 评论家
Oh, a glowing childhood.
精彩的童年
Oh, but life will bring sorrow.
但人生总有些遗憾
What if you tell me I'm about to die?
万一你预言我死期将近呢
Pablo, no one can escape death.
巴勃罗 没人躲得过死亡
But I can see in your eyes you want to know what lies ahead
但我从你眼神能看出 你渴望知道未来
even as much as you fear it.
虽然你也害怕未来
Ah, this is promising.
前途无量
By the time you are 30, you will have a very big fortune.
你在三十岁前将会飞黄腾达
that tells us that love will
代表爱情在你的艺术中
play a great role in your art.
将扮演重要的角色
Perhaps too great.
或许过分重要了
No one knows. Madame Beaureande said he walked through,
没人知道 波利安德女士说他看了所有的画
looked at each painting, yours much longer then mine,
在你的画前停留得比我的久
And he didn't say a word?
他一句话也没说
He's interested in you.
他对你感兴趣
If he was interested in my work,
他要是对我的作品感兴趣
he would have said something.
他会开口的
Francoise, a door is opening for you.
弗朗索瓦丝 机会的大门已敞开
Well, whoever it is, just send them away.
不管是谁都打发走
Very well, I shall tell Mademoiselle Gilot that
好的 我会转告吉洛小姐
the "Great Picasso" is too busy to see her.
伟大的毕加索没空见她
I can't tell where the petals end and the dress begins.
花如人 人似花 我分不清了
Just so you know, I came to see you.
我得告诉你 我是来见你
Not your paintings.
不是来赏画的
Then, by all means, let's go and see my paintings.
当然了 咱们就去看我的画吧
The woman you were dining with the night we met?
是我们相遇那晚 和你一起用餐的女士
I wouldn't have known it was her.
你不说 我认不出来
Though you saw her once, across a room.
你曾经从房间的另一头见过她
An artist must always see below the surface.
艺术家必须透过表象看本质
This one is enchanting.
这幅画令人着迷
The, the colors, the immediacy...
它的色彩 直观性...
That's a Matisse.
那是马蒂斯的画
Ah, no, not many people have the courage to
不 很少人有勇气告诉我
tell me what they really think.
他们真实的想法
Don't apologize for it.
别为此道歉
Are you going to tell me what you thought of my paintings?
你要告诉我你对我的画作的看法吗
Oh, there it is. The real reason you came.
终于说了 你来这里真正的原因
- No, I... - You want the truth?
-不 我... -你想听实话
I think you should continue to paint.
我觉得你应该继续画画
You are lying to yourself.
你是在欺骗你自己
Pretending to show interest in this girl's art
假装自己对这个女孩的作品感兴趣
because the bloom is off one muse and you have
因为你的灵感女神已经凋落
decided to pluck another.
所以决定另觅佳人
You're just jealous.
你只是嫉妒
You want to paint something new,
你想画点新东西
and you think getting this young girl into bed
而且你觉得跟这个年轻姑娘上床
will help you do that.
会对你有所帮助
But you really think she wants to wake up next to an old man?
但你真以为她会希望醒来时旁边躺着个老男人吗
But I am not too old to make you beg for more,
但我不会老到让你欲求不满
When are you going to Francoise's show?
你什么时候去看弗朗索瓦丝的画展
Art is a pastime.
艺术是用来消遣的
One that I've allowed Francoise to indulge in.
我放任弗朗索瓦丝沉浸于它
But now that there is an end in sight to this godforsaken war,
现在这要命的战争终于有要完结的迹象
you must resume your studies, Francoise.
你必须继续学习了 弗朗索瓦丝
If you would just go and look at what I've done,
只要你看看我的作品
you would see that I'm a serious artist.
你就会知道我是个真正的艺术家
Haven't I made myself clear?
难道我说得还不够清楚吗
You're not going to be an artist.
你不会成为艺术家
Pablo Picasso thinks I'm one already.
巴勃罗·毕加索已经觉得我是了
Oh, and how do you know that?
你是怎么知道的
He came to see the exhibition.
他来看过我的画展
And invited me to his studio.
并邀请我去他的工作室
And you think it's because he is interested in your art?
你觉得他是对你的作品有兴趣吗
Is that so hard to believe?
有那么难相信吗
Everyone knows the man is a lecher.
大家都知道他是个好色之徒
If he has any interest in you at all, Francoise,
如果他真对你有什么兴趣的话 弗朗索瓦丝
it lies between your napkin and your chair.
都是对你餐巾下和椅子上的部位感兴趣
The Nazis are right about him.
纳粹对他的评价是正确的
He's a degenerate.
他就是堕落的象征
You're siding with the Nazis now?
你现在跟纳粹是一边的了
Picasso will ruin you.
毕加索会毁了你的
I forbid you to ever see him again.
我禁止你再与他见面
Good afternoon, Monsieur.
下午好 先生
A pleasure to see you again. Mademoiselle?
很高兴再见到你 小姐
- Fernande. - Oh.
-我叫费南代尔 -好的
Are you still in need of a model?
你还需要模特吗
My, you can see everything.
天哪 你能看得一清二楚
Oh, but it's quite good. Really.
但挺好的 真的
Unfortunately in Paris,
不幸的是在巴黎
"Quite good" Isn't good enough.
"挺好"还是不够
But maybe your arrival on my doorstep is a divine intervention.
但也许你的到来是天赐良机
I only came here for a wage.
我来这里只是为了拿工资
I'm not able to pay you at the moment, but, um,
虽然我现在不能给你结工资 但...
if you're in need of a bed...
如果你需要睡觉的地方...
I, it's not what I meant.
我不是那个意思
It would simply be a way of paying you.
只是一种付你薪水的方式
I would sleep on the settee.
我会睡沙发上
I live a-a meager existence,
我活得十分简朴
not an uncivilized one.
但也不是未开化
Where would you like me?
你希望我待在哪里
Stand over there, and take off your clothes.
站在这 然后把衣服脱掉
You only have one bed.
你只有一张床
Well, I write all night, sleep all day.
我整晚写作 然后白天睡觉
So, we take shifts.
所以我们轮流来
It's, uh, primitive, but, uh, it's warm, it's clean,
虽然简简单单 但是温暖干净
and you can't afford where you're living now.
你现在住不起你原来住的地方
I'm not looking for charity.
我不是求你施舍
Uh-uh, but I told you, you are going to be rich.
但我告诉你 你会富起来的
So, you will pay me back.
到时候你再回报我
You need a new place to paint what you want.
你需要个新地方来画你想画的东西
A new life, new inspiration.
新生活 新启发
So. What do you say?
所以 你觉得怎么样
And when I try to shrug away my decrepitude and, uh,
当我试图摆脱我的衰老
populate the night with my shrill cry,
用我尖刻的哭声填满黑夜
I hear the death-cough of mortality,
我听到死亡的咳嗽声
choked under corpses in a lake of blood...
在倒于血泊中的尸体下感到窒息
My unhinging effort to die.
我为了死亡不懈努力
Aw, don't make me take this journey alone tonight.
别让我独酌一晚啊
I saw how that journey ended for Carles.
我见过卡雷斯的下场了
No, that was opium! Ether, is...
他那是鸦片 而乙醚
Mmm, an entirely different magic.
另有一番趣味
It is, it is like, uh...
感觉就像
Oh, dreaming when you are awake.
活在梦境里
Ah, and then it is like
然后你会像是
trying to catch a smoke in your hand.
试着抓住一缕薄烟
Read me another poem.
再给我念首诗
If that which I love
如果我的爱人
weighs upon my wound,
重压于我的伤口之上
If it weighs only upon summer,
如果重压于盛夏之间
it's the field that suffers.
痛苦的将是田野
What will feed summer and my love if not that sorrow
既然爱人与盛夏都不再渴求欢愉
since my love and summer can no longer feed on joy?
那么除了悲伤之外夫复何求
Baudelaire again?
又是波德莱尔吗
Mm, no, Max Jacob.
不 是马克斯·雅各布
- Yes. - Oh, it's beautiful.
-没错 -太美了
Yes, sounds like you've fallen very hard.
是啊 看来你被伤得不轻
Uh, someone I have not met yet.
一个还不曾相识的人
I want to show you something.
我要给你看样东西
You didn't kiss me back.
你没有回吻我
But you didn't shy away either.
但也没有躲开
You're a confusing young woman.
你真是个让人捉摸不透的姑娘
I should probably go.
也许我该走了
Hey, you came to show me your art.
你来是给我看画的
So, show me your art.
那就让我看看吧
Her nose is broad like a sailor's.
她的鼻子宽得像个水手
The colors are confusing.
色彩运用让人困惑
Fingers so tangled, all eight of them.
手指乱成一团 还只有八根
I was hoping you would tell me how to improve it.
我还以为你会教我怎么改进
You are not here for me at all.
你根本不是为我而来
You just want me to help you.
你只是想要我帮你
You told me I had promise.
你说过我有潜力
Well, it takes more than promise to be an artist.
光有潜力成不了艺术家
Because the only way to be a true artist is to
真正的艺术家只能凭借着
work day and night.
昼夜不停的苦练
Lose yourself in it.
整个人完全地
Do you have any idea how lonely that is?
你知道这有多寂寞吗
And yet, without great solitude,
古来圣贤皆寂寞
no serious work is possible.
唯忍性者留其名
I'm sorry, I didn't...
对不起 我
I'll give it to you.
我告诉你就是
The ugly truth is this, no one can help you.
真相很残忍 但没人能帮你
You have to do it on your own.
你只能靠自己
It's all right, Grandma.
没事的 奶奶
What is the meaning of this?
这是什么意思
I'm not going to law school.
我不去法学院了
Oh, so you can dedicate your life to art?
所以你真准备投身艺术吗
And waste what I have given you?
我的付出就这么白费了吗
I put my thoughts on paper
我把我的想法写下来
because i knew you wouldn't listen.
因为我知道我的话你听不进去
This is not how I raised you.
我可没教你这样做
This is exactly how you raised me.
这就是你教给我的
To stand up for myself.
要坚持自我
I warned you to stay away from Picasso.
我警告过你离毕加索远点
This is his influence.
都是他把你带坏了
It's got nothing to do with him.
与他无关
Not while I'm supporting you.
那你别想我来养你
Emile! Stop, get out, oh...
埃米尔 住手 滚出去
Don't expect another centime from me.
以后我一个子儿都不给了
You are both on your own now.
你们俩自己挣钱去
I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake.
我希望我没有犯下大错
You fought for your freedom.
你为自己的自由做了斗争
But, without your father's money,
但是 没有你父亲的资金
I cannot offer you much more than a shoulder to lean on.
除了让你依靠的肩膀我无法给你更多
You will have to find a way to support yourself.
你要想办法自给自足
I didn't know you were coming to ride today.
我不知道你今天要来骑马
I, um, I haven't come to ride, I...
我不是来骑马的
I've come for a job.
我是来工作的
Sorry, my neck.
对不起 我脖子太酸了
I need a few minutes.
我需要休息几分钟
Why put that back on?
为什么要披上
if you haven't noticed under your wool shirt.
你穿着羊毛衫可能没注意到
You said you wouldn't ask for that.
你说你不会要求我这么做的
But that was before I've been staring at
但那是之前 我现在可是一连好几天
your lovely breasts for days on end.
盯着你的美胸看
That wasn't our agreement.
这可不是我们说好的
If you don't like it, leave.
你要是不喜欢 就走吧
It's like he punched a hole right through my heart.
这就好像他在我心上打了一个洞
No. No, that hole already existed.
不 不对 这个洞早已存在
Puccini just reminded you that it was there.
普契尼只是点醒了你而已
He has, he has so many notes, voices, instruments,
他有 他有很多音调 和声和乐器
All I have are canvases and a few colors.
而我只有画布和几种颜料
You are every bit the artist that he is.
你也是艺术家 丝毫不输他
When I look at your paintings, I feel such...
当我看着你的画
intensity that...
我有种强烈的感觉
I, I need a release.
我需要释放
It will make you feel so much better.
这会让你感觉好很多
Pablo, what, what are you doing? Get down!
巴勃罗 你在干嘛 下来
I know why... I know why Carles did it now.
我知道 我现在知道为什么卡雷斯这么做了
He just wanted to escape.
他只是想逃避
From his broken heart, his, his failure...
逃脱他破碎的真心 逃脱失败的阴影
That, that, that is just the,
那那那只是
the ether whispering in your ear, do not listen.
乙醚作祟 不要听
You are on a path, holding on to someone's hand,
你牵着一个人的手
going someplace glorious.
走在一条康庄大道上
And then the hand just slips away.
然后那双手就这么溜走了
Suddenly, you're on the edge,
突然 你就在世界边沿
with no one to hold on to.
形单影只
I, I will, I will hold on to you.
我我我会陪你一起
You feel yourself...
你感觉到自己
If you take a step, then so will I.
如果你要跳 我也会跟着你跳
Why would you do that?
你为什么要这么做
Because I, I cannot bear the thought of living
因为我无法忍受生活在
in this world without you.
一个没有你的世界里
Did you get lost on your way to the Champs Elysees?
你在去往香榭丽舍大道的路上迷路了吗
Here I thought you'd been walled up somewhere
我还以为你在什么地方闭关
painting a masterpiece.
创造杰作
I don't have time to paint.
我没时间画画
Wasn't that the whole point getting away from your father?
画画难道不是你逃离父亲的意义吗
I don't have much of a choice.
我没什么选择
Picasso could help you.
毕加索可以帮你
He can get your work noticed.
他可以让更多人关注到你的作品
I'm not sure it's my work he's interested in.
我不确定他感兴趣的是不是我的作品
Give him what he wants. I would.
如他所愿 我就会这么做
You like him, don't you?
你喜欢他 不是吗
He may be old, but he still has women lining up for him.
他可能有点老 但还是有女人排着队送上门
He must be doing something right.
他肯定是有过人之处
Francoise, you can't stay a virgin forever.
弗朗索瓦丝 你不能一直保持处子之身
How is your new girlfriend?
你的新女友怎么样
As a matter of fact, I haven't seen her in weeks.
事实上 我已经好几周没见过她了
Don't tell me Pablo Picasso has been rejected
别告诉我巴勃罗·毕加索
by a little girl.
被一个小姑娘拒绝了
Don't worry, she'll soften.
别担心 她会心软的
you'll be painting her like a horse, too.
你也会把她画得像匹马
I'm trying to work. Huh?
我在工作好吗
I got a letter from Max.
我收到一封麦克斯寄的信
How is the stubborn old dog?
这个老顽固怎么样了
Refusing to leave his little sanctuary,
拒绝离开他的小庇护所
convinced no harm can come to him,
坚信他自己安然无恙
even though they have sent the rest of his family to the camps.
即使已经把他家人送到了营地
Go see him, Pablo.
去看看他吧 巴勃罗
You are the only one who can persuade him to get out
事态恶化之前 你是唯一一个
before it's too late.
能说服他的人
You've been at that for hours.
你已经坐那好几小时了
Why don't you rest?
为什么不休息一下
It's your turn to sleep.
轮到你睡觉了
There's plenty of room.
床够大
Here, come. Lie down.
来吧 躺下
but not the way you want me to.
但不是你希望我爱你的方式
No, no, no, no, no.
不不不不不
That is, that, that, no...
不是那样的
I don't judge you.
我不是要评判你
I just, I just don't...
我只是 只是没有
feel the same and I'm sorry.
和你同样的感受 对不起
No, Max. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
不 马克斯 不用为此羞愧
Tell that to the priests and rabbis.
你去把这个告诉牧师和拉比们
They, they say that it's a perversion.
他们说这是一种堕落
I, I don't believe that and neither should you.
我不信那些 你也不该信
Even if I didn't, what then?
就算我不信 那又如何
I have to, I, I have to just hold it all in.
我只能 只能深藏在内心
Just once, just once...
只求一次
Couldn't someone love me back?
有人也能这般爱我
someone will, I promise.
会有的 一定会
You're going to leave, aren't you?
你要离开了 是吗
Maybe that would be...
也许那样对你来说
But we'll always be friends.
但我们永远是朋友
You say that now and...
你现在是这么说
Maybe you even think that you mean that, but...
也许你甚至都觉得是真心实意的 可是
Oh, it's just never how it ends.
事情的结局永远不是这样
it is good to see you, old friend.
真高兴见到你 老朋友
I am worried about you, Max.
我真担心你 马克斯
It's not safe for you.
你在这儿不安全
Well, I am not a Jew anymore.
我不再是犹太人了
In case you haven't noticed,
也许你没注意到
I have not been one for decades, but...
我几十年前就不是了 不过
There are other reasons the Nazis
纳粹可能还有其他理由
could come after you.
来抓捕你
You mean because I am a homosexual.
你是指因为我是同性恋
I am not ashamed of who I am.
我不为自己感到羞耻
I appreciate your concern, Pablo, but I am not leaving.
感谢你为我担心 巴勃罗 但我不会走的
This is my home, here with God.
这里是我的家 与上帝同在
I told Dora you were stubborn.
我告诉过朵拉 你很固执
Growing tired of me.
开始对我厌倦了
Just as I am of her.
就像我对她一样
No, no, the new one.
不 新的那个
Oh, is she any good?
她画得好吗
But it's the only reason she seems to be interested in me.
但那是她对我感兴趣的唯一理由
So I can help her with her work.
那样我就能在画画上帮助她
Well, everyone wants something from the "Great Picasso."
所有人都想从"伟大的毕加索"那里要些什么
I suppose I wish she wanted me...
我想我是希望她想要的是我
You cannot separate the two.
你不能把这两者分开
Offer her one sincerely,
真诚地给予她其一
and perhaps she will want the other.
也许她会想要其二
Good afternoon, Mademoiselle Gilot.
下午好 吉洛小姐
I, I would like for you to come see me again.
我希望你能再次拜访我
I'm not sure that would be...
我不知道那样...
Not to be with me, to make art.
不是来陪我 是为了艺术
I, I could show you how to etch.
我可以教你如何进行蚀刻
That's very kind of you, but you don't owe me anything.
你真好 不过你不欠我什么
But I do. An apology.
我欠你一个道歉
People say I am a genius,
人们说我是天才
that it all came easily to me, but...
我得来一切皆不费功夫 可是
The truth is, I didn't do it alone.
真相是 我的成就不是我一个人的
Many people helped me.
很多人曾帮助过我
I would like to help you.
我愿意帮助你
If you'll let me.
如果你允许的话
But if you ask me, this will not end well.
要我说的话 结局不会圆满
Jaimé, you are an excellent gatekeeper,
海梅 你是个出色的看门人
but you are no clairvoyant.
可你不是千里眼
I don't need to know the future.
我不需要知道未来
Well, that's not what you wear to an etching class.
你上蚀刻课可不该穿这身衣服
But you didn't invite me here for that.
而你也不是为那个邀请我过来的
I told you, I don't expect anything else.
我和你说过 我不对其他事抱任何希望
Well, that's exactly why I decided to come.
所以我才决定来
Are you sure you're ready?
你确定你准备好了吗
I've made up my mind.
我已经下定了决心
Being willing is a very different thing than being ready.
心甘情愿和做好准备完全是两回事
Don't you want me?
难道你不想要我吗
But I am willing to wait.
但是我愿意等
I couldn't wait to get to Paris.
我迫不及待地想去巴黎
Back when I was your age.
在我和你这么大的时候
Here, to Monmartre
在这里 蒙马特
where everything important was happening.
才是所有重要事情上演的地方
Give me a moment. Would you?
等我一会 好吗
I wasn't sure if I would see you again.
我不确定是否会再见到你
I wanted to say good-bye.
我想和你道别
I'm going back to Barcelona.
我要回巴塞罗纳了
I'm sure it'll be good to be home. Hmm?
回家一定会很好吧
I don't blame you for leaving.
我不怪你离开
I still can't sleep.
我还是睡不着
I, I came to apologize for what I said to you.
我是来为我和你说过的话道歉的
No, you did not say anything I didn't already feel.
不 你所说的那些话 我早就感受到了
No, no, I was wrong.
不不 是我的错
I didn't understand before, but I do now.
我之前不明白 但是我现在明白了
No matter how much you care about someone,
无论你多么在乎一个人
you cannot force yourself to love them
你都无法强迫自己如对方所希望的那样
the way they want you to.
去爱对方
So, please, Germaine.
所以别这样 杰曼
Stop blaming yourself.
别再责怪自己
Thank you, Pablo.
谢谢你 巴勃罗
I hope someday you forgive yourself, too.
希望有一天你也能原谅自己
I still think of Carles.
我还是会想起卡雷斯
If only I could have given him what he deserved.
要是我把他应得的带给他就好了
The love of my close friend, Carles.
我好朋友的爱人 卡雷斯
He took his life because of her.
为了她 他自杀了
And I almost took mine because of him.
而因为他 我也差点自杀
What stopped you?
是什么让你停止自杀的
Well, if it isn't the Leonardo da Vinci of the whorehouse.
那不是在逛窑子的列奥纳多·达·芬奇嘛
I am in love with Germaine.
我爱上杰曼了
I can't paint, I can't paint.
我画不了画 我画不了画
Not until I know Germaine is mine.
除非我确定杰曼属于我
It's not bad for a whorehouse sketch.
对妓院来说这手稿也许不错
It's time for you to pick up a brush.
你是时候重拾画笔了
And for me to go.
我呢 也该走了
I found a way to give him in art
我找到了一个办法
what he couldn't have in life.
能给他带去他一生都无法达到的艺术巅峰
I thought I would never come back to Paris.
我以为我永远都不会回到巴黎
But after I finished that painting, I...
但是在我完成了那幅画之后 我
I felt the pull to return.
我感觉到回归的动力
So, I came to this place.
所以我来到这个地方
And I was happy here,
一开始我在这里很开心
until I wasn't.
直到有一天我不再开心
I wanted you to see it.
我想你看一看
So you'll understand.
这样你就会明白了
Where you started.
你开始的地方
That it's better we don't see each other too much.
我们最好不要见太多面
- I thought... - Love can be dangerous.
-我认为... -爱情可以变得很危险
I watched it destroy Carles.
我眼睁睁地看着爱情毁了卡雷斯
Then I learned it myself.
然后我自己也尝到了苦头
Love can rage so strong,
爱可以如此地强烈
that it burns itself out.
然后会燃尽殆去
You start as lovers.
人们从爱侣开始
But if you are not careful,
但如果你不小心对待的话
you become victims of your own passion.
你就会变成自己激情之下的牺牲品