天才 第二季 Genius Season 2 第4集: Picasso:Chapter Four

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 传记 / 历史

导演: 肯尼士·比勒 / 凯文·霍克斯 / 劳拉·贝尔西 / 马蒂亚斯·亨德尔 / 格雷格·艾坦尼斯

演员: 安东尼奥·班德拉斯 / 克蕾曼丝·波西 / 亚力克斯·里奇 / 萨曼莎·科利 / 波比·迪瓦伊 / 罗伯特·席安 / 大卫·威尔莫特 / 詹迪·莫拉 / 查理·卡里克 / 塞巴斯蒂安·罗奇 / 阿德里


台词
Previously, on Genius...
《天才》 前情提要
I am Max Jacob.
我叫马克斯·雅各布
Most days, I am a poet.
大多数时候 我是诗人
That's even worse than being a painter.
简直比画家还糟糕
I cannot bear the thought of living in this world without you.
我无法忍受生活在一个没有你的世界里
Max, I love you.
马克斯 我爱你
But not the way you want me to.
但不是你希望我爱你的方式
They have sent the rest of his family to the camps.
他们已经把他家人送到了营地
You are the only one who can persuade him to get out.
你是唯一一个能说服他的人
We could take away everything, and everyone.
我们也可以把所有东西和人都带走
I am not a Jew anymore. So, I am not leaving.
我不再是犹太人了 我不会走的
This is my home. Here with God.
这里是我的家 与上帝同在
You're a brilliant photographer, Dora.
你是名优秀的摄影师 多拉
There is a painter trapped inside of you.
但你内心深处渴望做个画家
Are you going to tell me what you thought of my paintings?
你要告诉我你对我的画作的看法吗
You have talent.
你有天分
You want to paint something new
你想画点新东西
and you think getting this young girl
而且你觉得跟这个年轻姑娘上床
into bed will help you do that.
会对你有所帮助
You're just jealous.
你这是嫉妒
Are you sure you are ready?
你确定你准备好了吗
Yes.
准备好了
I could offer you work. As a model.
我可以给你工作 当模特儿
That wasn't our agreement.
这可不是我们说好的
If you don't like it, leave.
你要是不喜欢 就走吧
Love can be dangerous.
爱情可以变得很危险
Fernande.
费南代尔
If you ask me, this will not end well.
要我说的话 结局不会圆满
《天才:毕加索》
巴黎1905年
What dirty Beelzebub are you?
你这个肮脏的别西卜
旧约中魔鬼王子的名字 污鬼意为"苍蝇之主"或"粪堆之王"
You horny, stinking, Lord of Flies
你这个淫荡 恶臭
fed on dung and garbage stew!
以粪便和垃圾为食的苍蝇之主
We won't attend your revelries!
我们才不会参加你的狂欢
You putrid, Slonikan fish!
你这个腐烂 斯洛尼卡鱼
And festered eye compose your flesh...
化脓的眼睛构成了你的肉体
Or is it, as your friends report,
或者 如你朋友所汇报的
your mother let a liquid fart.
你妈妈放了个液体的屁
Death to illusions!
让幻觉见鬼去吧
圣·班诺特·卢瓦尔修道院1944年2月24日
You are coming with us, Mr. Jacob.
你得跟我们走 雅各布先生
Then, set your hand free,
放松你的手
and let your instincts
让你的直觉
carry your pencil
带着铅笔
to its destination.
走向它的终点
Where are you going?
你要去哪儿
I have plans.
我有计划
Well, change them.
改一下
I have already seen you three days this week.
我这周已经跟你见了三天面了
You told me we shouldn't spend too much time together.
你跟我说我们不应该在一起待太多时间
I'm just trying to follow your rules.
我只是按照你的规则来
Rules? I despise rules.
规则 我最看不起规则了
Do as you please.
想做什么就做什么
I'll take Dora to lunch. You don't mind, do you?
我要带多拉去吃午饭 你不介意吧
Have a lovely time.
祝你们愉快
She is a child, Pablo.
她是个孩子 巴勃罗
You'll only spoil her for someone else.
你这样只会把她惯坏了
You're more narrow-minded than a bishop.
你比主教还狭隘
She's totally capable of looking out for herself.
她完全能照顾好自己
Monsieur Cocteau.
考克多先生
I'm sorry to barge in.
抱歉鲁莽打搅
John!
约翰
I've received a letter from Max.
我收到了一封马克斯的来信
He's been arrested by the Gestapo.
他被盖世太保逮捕了
They hauled him off to Drancy,
他们把他弄去了杜兰斯
but that's just a temporary stop before they ship him east.
但那只是把他送到东边之前的临时站点
Poor Max. You know, I-I tried to warn him.
可怜的马克斯 我警告过他
I've drafted a petition
我已经起草了一封请愿书
to the German embassy asking for his release.
请求德国大使馆释放他
Everyone signed it...
大家都签字了
I can't.
我不能签
For God's sake, Pablo, th-the man is sick as it is.
求你了 巴勃罗 他已经病得很重了
He won't survive in a camp.
他在集中营里活不了的
The Nazis hate me, John.
纳粹分子讨厌我 约翰
They have threatened to throw me into a camp.
他们已经威胁我说要把我扔进集中营
They outlawed my art and denounce me in speeches and,
他们说我的作品是非法的 在讲话中谴责我
my signature would do Max more harm than help.
我的签字不但帮不了马克斯反倒会害了他
Send the letter without my name.
不要加我的名字 趁还来得及
Before it's too late.
把信寄出去
Where have you been?
你去哪里了
Chasing after your new plaything?
追求你的新玩物
I've had a terrible day.
我今天过得很糟糕
I had my bicycle snatched
我的自行车在雅典娜街上
right out of my hands on the Rue d'Athenes.
被人从我手中直接抢走了
You see that man?
你看见那个人了吗
He's been staring at me since I sat down.
自从我坐下他就一直盯着我
I think he's following me.
我认为他在跟踪我
Did I tell you how Rene Drouin has asked me to do
我跟你说过雷内·德鲁安
a show at his gallery?
请我在他的画廊开展吗
He wants to change the dates again.
他又想让我改日期
How am I supposed to prepare if he can't make up his mind?
如果他自己都没决定好 我怎么准备
Have you heard a word I've said?
我说的话你听进去了吗
You are not the only one with problems, Dora.
遇到困难的不只你一人 多拉
Something terrible has happened to Max.
马克斯遇上了可怕的事
巴黎 蒙马特洗衣船区 1905年
Max. What a surprise.
马克斯 没想到是你
I, uh, I hope you don't mind.
希望你不介意
I heard you were back in town, and, and, uh...
我听说你回来了
I, I, I'm glad to see you.
我 我很高兴见到你
What, uh, what happened between us, uh...
之前我俩发生的事
It was a, a hard time for all of us.
这对我们来说都不好受
I care for you, of course, but I am, I am not, um,
我当然关心你 但我现在没有
Yeah. Max. It's all right.
好 马克斯 没关系的
I have, uh, met someone.
我遇见了喜欢的人
How wonderful. Um.
太好了
Yep. Yeah.
对啊
Who is he?
他是谁
No. No, no, no. No, no.
不不 不是男的
A woman. Yeah.
是一个女人
Her name is Cecile. She is, uh...
她的名字是塞西尔 她是
Something, really. She's...
真的很了不起 她是
I see that you have your eye on someone, too.
我发现你也有喜欢的人了
No, she's-she's just a neighbor.
不 她 她只是邻居
Just a neighbor. And what is her name?
只是邻居 她叫什么名字
I don't even know.
我根本不知道
Invite me in.
邀我进去
I want to see what, uh,
我想看看
you've been up to and most importantly, I need a drink.
你正在画的作品 最重要的是我要喝一杯
Actually, I was just on my way out.
其实我刚才正要出门
Why don't you come with me?
你何不跟我一起去呢
700.
700元
Each?
每幅画吗
For all three.
三幅画的总价
Piss off, Sagot.
不可能 萨戈
I wouldn't let them go for twice that.
除非你出两倍价 否则我不会卖的
If you don't like it, try your luck with Soulie.
如果你不喜欢我的出价 去找苏瓦列试试
But don't forget you still owe me the money
但别忘了你还欠我之前
that I advanced you for the pigment.
买颜料赊帐的钱
Let's go, Max.
我们走吧 马克斯
I know a place where people actually appreciate modern art.
我知道一个人们会欣赏现代艺术的地方
Henri Matisse?
亨利·马蒂斯
The drawing is rudimentary. Worse than a child's.
这幅画很粗陋 比小孩画的还差
And the perspective is flat.
画的透视也很平板
Clouds are yellow, skin is purple.
云是黄色的 皮肤是紫色的
Yes, it's-it's all wrong.
对 全部都不对
But it's magnificent.
但这幅画很美
Makes no sense.
我可不认为
Yet it's completely alive.
但它非常生动
You are twice as talented an artist.
你的才华有他两倍多
No, this artist has more than just talent.
不 这位艺术家不只有才华而已
He has vision.
他还有远见
I have never painted anything this revolutionary.
我从未画过如此革命性的作品
But you could.
但你做得到
Yes. But I need to find a new way of seeing things.
对 但我需要找到看待事物的新方式
Like this man has. He understands.
就像这个人一样 他了解的
Understands what?
了解什么
That we don't need artists
我们不再需要艺术家
to show us what people look like anymore.
告诉我们人们长什么样子
We have photographs for that.
我们有照片了
This Matisse is showing us a deeper truth.
马蒂斯为我们展现更深沉的真相
The way things are in our dreams.
事物在我们梦中的样貌
Not just as they appear to be.
而不只是它们的外表而已
He has bent all the rules,
他扭曲了所有规则
and I want to smash them.
而我想要粉碎所有规则
I have someone you should meet.
我想你应该见见某个人
Apollinaire. That can't actually be your name.
阿波利奈尔 那不可能是你的真名
Judges and tax assessors call me Kostrowitzky,
法官跟估税员叫我科斯特罗维茨基
but Apollinairus is indeed my middle name,
但阿波利奈尔确实是我的中间名
inscribed on my birth records in Rome
我在罗马的出生证明上有这个名字
and ordained by destiny in honor of Apollo,
是为了纪念德尔斐神谕神祇
the deity of the Delphic Oracle.
阿波罗而命名的
You're even more full of yourself than I am.
你比我还要更以自我为中心
I think I like your Spanish friend.
我想我喜欢你的西班牙朋友
Absinthe! The green muse.
苦艾酒 是绿色的灵感女神
As artistes, we must demand nothing less
身为艺术家 我们必须追求
than the perpetual immoral subversion of the existing order.
永恒不道德地颠覆现有秩序
Look out!
看路
You'll get yourself killed.
你会把自己害死的
And if he did die,
如果他真的死了
do you know what he might see on the other side?
你知道他死后可能会看到什么吗
Tell me.
告诉我
I will show you instead.
我会直接展示给你看
Clowns?
小丑
Not just clowns, Harlequins.
不只是小丑 是丑角
What is the difference?
有什么差别
Look closely.
仔细看
There is evil behind those eyes.
那些眼睛藏着邪恶
Everyone thinks that Harlequins are entertainers,
大家都以为丑角是艺人
but that is merely their disguise.
但那只是他们的伪装
They are actually,
他们其实是
devils, escaped from hell.
从地狱逃出来的恶魔
Your picture is, um, too symbolist.
你的画 太象征派了
Oh, really?
真的吗
And what have you written tonight?
那你今晚写了什么吗
My poem is, um, oh, oh, oh! Right here.
我的诗在 就在这里
It is just waiting for me to pour it upon the page.
只要等我倒在纸上就好了
It is, uh, much too cheerful.
这幅画 太欢乐了
The acrobat, you mean?
你是说那个杂技演员吗
Yeah, he is so pretty.
对 他太漂亮了
You might as well be an Impressionist.
你不如去做个印象派画家
Perpetual immoral subversion.
永恒不道德的颠覆
It's not pretty pictures.
不是要画漂亮的画
If you want to outdo Matisse,
如果你想要超越马蒂斯
you must use your images the way that I use my words.
你必须像我使用字句一样使用你的图像
You must shatter all the conventions.
你必须粉碎所有常规
You must stun them with perversity.
你必须用叛逆震慑他们
He is right.
他说得对
Sweet little dancing nymphs!
这些舞蹈的可爱小虫
They will not rattle any bones at the Autumn Salon.
他们无法触动秋季画廊里的人
Why didn't you say something before?
你之前为什么没说
You draw so damn quickly,
你画得太快了
I didn't realize it until just now.
我到现在才意识到
His trouble is, he's too sober.
他的问题就在于 他太清醒了
That's always a problem of course, but right now, uh,
这一直是个问题 但现在
my trouble is I will miss the last train.
我的问题在于我会错过最后一班火车
No, you can't leave.
不 你不能走
I need more pretentious poetry and heartless criticism.
我还真需要更多的矫情的诗歌和薄情的批判
If I'm going to fix this damn painting.
如果我不改这幅该死的画的话
I can't stay all night, every night.
我不能每晚整晚都熬夜
I've got other, uh, commitments.
我还有别的事情
What commitments?
什么事情
Where have you been?
你去了哪里
Drinking English ale with the riff raff again.
又和那个小痞子喝英国麦酒
Please, mother. It's late.
拜托 母亲 已经很晚了
Do you expect me to support you until you are 40 years old?
你指望我供养你到40岁吗
What more do you want from me?
你还要我怎么样
I bring home a pay check every month!
我每个月都挣钱回家
Yes! And you waste it all in bars and cabarets.
没错 而你把它们都花在酒吧和夜总会
And now Monsieur Maurice
如今莫里斯先生
has complained about your work at the bank.
觉得你在银行工作不佳
I don't care about Monsieur Maurice and his godforsaken bank.
我不在乎莫里斯先生和他该死的银行
I am a poet, not a peon.
我是个诗人 不是苦力
The only place you are a poet is in your gin-addled brain.
只有在你那充满酒精的脑袋里你才是个诗人
Do you know what I had to do to get you that job?
你知道我做了什么才让你得到了这份工作
If you lose it,
如果你丢了这份工作
I won't think twice about throwing you out on the street.
我会毫不犹疑地把你丢出家门
Well, you are a sorry little bugger, aren't you?
你就是个可怜的小家伙 对吧
It looks like you're not the only one who got caught in the rain.
看来你不是唯一一个淋雨的人
The poor thing. Is it yours?
可怜 这是你的吗
Well... I suppose she is now.
我猜现在是她的了
What should I call her?
我现在应该叫她什么
My aunt had a cat named Minou.
我阿姨有一只猫叫喵喵
Perfect.
很好
And what should I call you?
那我应该叫你什么
Fernande.
费南代尔
Why don't you come to my studio, Fernande?
你何不来我的工作室来 费南代尔
Give the kitten some-some milk and you some hot tea.
给小猫一些牛奶 给你自己来点热茶
I can't, I'm, I'm expected.
不了 有人在等我
Poor Minou, she's, very disappointed.
可怜的喵喵 她很失望
Don't you ever clean?
你从不清理吗
If I disturb the dust, it gets on the paintings.
如果我扰起了灰 灰就会沾到画上
Destroys them.
就会毁了他们
Your paintings must be very precious to you.
你的画一定对你很宝贵
They're everything.
他们是我的一切
Hold the kitty tight.
抓紧那只猫
- Why? - I want to show you my lodger.
-为什么 -我想给你看我的房客
You are very kind to strays.
你对流浪者都很友善
You paint clowns?
你画小丑吗
Harlequins.
是丑角
Most of the artists I know prefer to paint naked women.
我认识的大部分艺术家都喜欢画裸女
I prefer not to paint what everyone else does.
我不喜欢人云亦云
I'm submitting it to the Autumn Salon.
我要把它交给秋季画廊
I went last year.
我去年去过了
This looks, well,
这看起来
not like any of the paintings I saw.
跟我以前看过的画不一样
That's exactly the point.
这就对了
I want to shake the judges out of their frock coats and cravats.
我想把他们吓得瞠目结舌
It's a new century.
这是一个新的世纪
Everything is changing.
万事都在变化
Art must change, too.
艺术也在改变
Most painters just want someone to buy their pictures.
大部分画家都希望有人买他们的画
That's being a whore, not an artist.
那就像是妓女 不是画家
There's no shame in making a living.
不应该以挣钱为耻
I've been meaning to talk to you for a long time,
我很久以前就想跟你谈谈
but you're always in such a hurry.
但你一直都来去匆匆的
Who are they?
他们是谁
20世纪巴黎的艺术心脏 毕加索名画《在狡兔酒吧》就是以此为主题
Some people I saw at the Lapin Agile.
我在狡兔酒吧看到的人
She looks like she wants to get away from him.
她看上去想离开他
What's wrong?
怎么了
It's as though you've already drawn my picture.
就好像你已经在画我的画了
No. I don't know if I could ever draw
不 我不知道我是否能
someone as beautiful as you.
画出你这样的美人
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Drawing.
画画
I didn't say you could do that.
我没说你能这么做
Sorry. I thought...
抱歉 我以为
People pay me to model for them.
有人付钱给我让我当他们的模特
I don't do it for free.
我不会免费做的
Where are you going?
你要去哪里
This was a mistake.
这是个错误
Laurent will ask 1,000 questions.
洛朗会不停质问我
Where have I been? Who was I with?
我去过哪里 和谁一起
This can never happen again.
这不能再发生了
The Gestapo don't know the first thing about poetry.
盖世太保完全不懂诗歌
I am quite certain they have no appreciation
我很确定他们对你那个犹太人的天赋
for the talents of your little Jew.
没有一点欣赏
Um, he is a Catholic, actually.
他其实是天主教徒
I wouldn't repeat that fiction to anyone else.
不要对任何人重复这话
No, of course, Minister.
不 当然了 部长
Now, that's not his only difficulty.
那不是他唯一的困难
It's well known
他有一定的异常偏好
that he has certain deviant predilections.
是世人皆知的
He-He's revered in France as, uh, an idol to our youth and...
我们年轻的时候 他在法国被人尊为偶像
He invented an entirely new language of poetry.
他发明了诗歌全新的语言
Personally, I'm rather partial to the symbolists.
个人来说 我偏爱象征主义者
But, despite his pretentions,
但是 尽管他很矫情
I agree Jacob's words have a certain power.
我认同雅各布的话是有力量的
You've read him?
你读过他的诗
We are not all philistines, Monsieur Cocteau.
我们也不都是野蛮人 考克多先生
Then, you understand how much he means to-to the French.
那么 你知道他对于法国人来说意味着什么
Indeed, and you do have some rather influential friends in Vichy.
确实 而且你在维希的高层中有朋友
I'll see what we can do.
我尽力试试看
May I help you?
我能帮助您吗
I have release papers for prisoner 15872.
这是囚犯15872的释放书
- Jacob? - Yes.
-雅各布 -是的
I'm sorry. Monsieur Jacob died last night.
我很抱歉 雅各布先生昨晚去世了
What...
什么
The service is starting.
葬礼马上就要开始了
I should have dragged him out of that monastery
我当初应该把他从那个修道院拉出来
and put him on a boat to America!
扔到去美国的船上
You are not the king, Pablo.
你不是国王 巴勃罗
You could not force Max to do something he didn't want to do.
你不可能强迫马克斯做他不想做的事
He died alone.
他死的时候孤身一人
In a cold room on a dirty cot.
在冰冷的房间里 死在了一张肮脏的床上
This damn war is almost over.
这该死的战争快结束了
If only he could have stayed hidden for a few more months.
要是他能再躲几个月
He had a good life.
他的一生很幸福
He had God.
他心中有上帝
Now come inside and say goodbye to him.
现在进来和他告别
No, no, I-I said goodbye to him last year in Loiret. No.
不 我和他去年在卢瓦雷道过别了 不
If you don't pay your last respects, you'll regret it.
如果你不进来致意 你以后会后悔的
No, I want to remember him alive,
不 我想记着他活着的模样
not dead in a coffin.
而不是棺材里的尸体
I'll only see myself lying there. No.
我只会想象自己躺在里面 不
I wouldn't worry about dying, Pablo.
我要是你才不会担心死亡 巴勃罗
I'm sure you are immortal like a vampire.
我相信你就像吸血鬼一样不朽
What is wrong with you?
你到底是怎么了
Have you been drinking?
你喝酒了吗
- I’m going home. - Why?
-我要回家 -为什么
So you can climb into bed with your little girlfriend?
你要爬上你小女朋友的床
To feel young again?
感受青春吗
What a marvelous idea.
好主意
1944年8月29日 巴黎解放后的第四天
毕加索
Hey, toots, I was here first. Wait your turn.
嘿 美女 是我先来的 还没轮到你
How about a date, mademoiselle?
要约会吗 小姐
I got chocolate.
我有巧克力
Who are all these people, Jaime?
这些人在这里做什么 海梅
They put his face on the cover of a magazine,
他们把他的照片放到了杂志封面
now everyone wants his autograph.
现在所有人都想要他的签名
So, why are you here?
你来这里做什么
Oh, well, Pablo invited me to the Catalan to celebrate.
巴勃罗请我去卡塔兰庆祝
He's not here.
他不在这儿
He's with Dora, they're choosing work for her gallery show.
他和多拉在为她的画展选作品
Mademoiselle, you seem like an intelligent young woman,
小姐 你是个聪明的女孩儿
you must know the kind of man he is.
你知道他是哪种人
What do you mean?
你的意思是
He is a genius.
他是个天才
He thinks it gives him the right
他认为这意味着他有权
to demand of everyone, especially his women,
要求所有人 特别是他的女人
to cater to his whims.
迎合他的随意妄为
He's been like this for 50 years.
他50年来一直如此
Do you really think he's going to change for you?
你真的以为他会为你而改变吗
Should I come back tomorrow?
我是不是该明天再来
Why not stay a bit longer?
为什么不再待一会
We agreed on three hours.
我们说好了3小时
Yes, for five francs, but,
5法郎3小时 但是
I have 10.
我有10法郎
My neck hurts.
我的脖子痛
I don't think I can pose any more today.
我觉得今天我没法继续当模特了
And I can't paint anymore, so why don't you get comfortable?
我今天也不继续画了 你要不要放松一下
I will rub your neck.
我会为你按摩脖子
Pig.
色狼
So, how much did he give you?
他给了你多少
I earned it.
是我应得的
I don't need to report every centime to you.
我没必要把每一分钱都向你报告
So you expect me to pay for everything, huh?
你是期待我付所有钱是吧
The food? The rent?
食物 房租
Maybe if you made a sculpture someone actually wanted to buy,
要是哪天你能卖出去一座你的雕像
you wouldn't have to take all my money.
你就不需要拿走我所有的钱了
You ungrateful bitch!
你这个不知感恩的贱人
Fernande. Are you all right?
费南代尔 你们还好吗
Mind your business, Spaniard,
管闲事 西班牙佬
or I'll report you to the immigration authorities.
否则我把你报告给移民管理部门
You don't have to let him treat you this way, Fernande.
你没必要让他如此对待你 费南代尔
Knock on my door anytime, and I'll help you.
只要你敲我家的门 我就会帮你
Why is he talking to you like that?
他为什么这么为你说话
Who is he to you?
他是你的什么人
No one. Look at his eyes.
什么也不是 看他的眼睛
He's a lunatic. Leave us alone.
他是个疯子 别掺和我们的事
Everything enchants Picasso.
毕加索着迷于一切事物
The delightful and the horrible.
悦目的和恐怖的
The abject and the delicate.
卑劣的和精妙的
His new masterpiece, 'Saltimbanques' strikes like a sword
他的新杰作《卖艺人家》触动了
in the heart of those who cling to history."
所有热爱历史的人的心弦
it is powerful, Guillaume,
它是很强大 纪尧姆
but, uh, since when are you an art critic?
但是 你什么时候成了艺术评论家了
Since I discovered La Plume pays 25 francs per review.
自从我发现《鹅毛笔》为每篇长评付25法郎
What?
什么
I submitted it for the next issue.
我把这篇投给了下一期
Why don't you let me finish the bloody painting
你为什么不让我先画完这幅该死的画
before you try and publish articles about it?
再写关于这幅画的文章
Watch where you're going.
走路小心一点
You are the one who's in the way, you little Dago.
是你挡了路 外国佬
Come on, let's go.
好了 我们走吧
Let go of me!
放开我
What the hell were you thinking?
你在想什么
The man is twice your size.
这个男人的块头有你的两倍
You could have gotten yourself killed.
你险些被他打死
The bastard deserved it.
这个野种活该
What is wrong? I've never seen you like this.
你怎么了 我从没见过你这样
Just, exhausted, I suppose.
可能因为太累了
Well, maybe you should, uh,
也许你需要
try sleeping instead of painting all night.
睡一会 不要整夜整夜地画画
How am I supposed to paint,
我整夜都在听
when I have to listen to the girl next door
隔壁女孩浪叫
getting screwed all night long?
还怎么画画
What girl?
什么女孩
Fernande.
费南代尔
I thought you did not know her name.
我以为你不知道她的名字
What, the one who lives with the sculptor?
什么 就是和雕塑家住一起的那个吗
I can't understand what the hell she's doing with him!
我不能理解她跟着他干嘛
Oh, for Christ's sake. You're in love with her.
老天爷 你爱上她了
Of course I'm not.
不可能
You can't sleep, you can't work.
你睡不着觉 你没法工作
You are jealous of the man she's with.
你嫉妒跟她在一起的男人
Ah, he's right.
他说的是对的
You just do not recognize the signs because,
你只是没有意识到
it has never happened to you before.
因为从没发生过这样的事
Well, if-if this is what love feels like, I-I don't want it.
如果爱是这种感觉 那我不想要
Good. Because love destroys and you must create.
是的 因为爱会毁灭事物 而你必须创造
The Autumn Salon is less than two weeks away.
离秋季沙龙已经不到两个星期了
This is your chance to spit
是时候往大师脸上吐唾沫
in the face of the masters, to shake the world,
让世界为你而战栗
to stun Matisse.
让马蒂斯俯首称臣
You've worked so hard on Saltimbanques.
你为了《卖艺人家》这么努力
Are you really going to throw it
你真的要为了别人的爱人这样不切实际的幻想
away over some fantasy about another man's lover?
抛掉这一切吗
She does not love him.
她不爱他
For Christ's sake!
老天爷
Would you forget this tart?
你能忘掉这个妞吗
Just go home and finish your painting.
请你回家完成你的画
I need to talk to you.
我得跟你谈谈
Did you follow me down here?
你一直跟着我来的吗
I just wanted a moment alone with you.
我只是想单独和你谈谈
What happened was a mistake, Pablo.
之前的事是个错误 巴勃罗
I told you not to bother me anymore.
我跟你说了不要再来烦我
It wasn't a mistake. It was beautiful.
不是错误 那是美好的经历
I know you felt the same.
我知道你也有同样的感受
I love you, Fernande.
我爱你 费南代尔
I loved you the very first moment I saw you.
我对你一见钟情
You're making a fool of yourself.
你在做蠢事
Well, maybe I am.
也许是的
But that pig you're living with
但跟你在一起的那头猪
has no right to treat you the way he does.
他没有权利那样对你
What do you want from me?
你想从我这得到什么
Move into my studio.
搬到我的画室来
I'll protect you from Laurent.
我可以让你远离洛朗
I'll take care of you. I'll be good to you.
我会保护你 我会对你好
Do you know how many men have said things like that to me?
你知道有多少个男人对我说过这样的话吗
I'm not like other men.
我跟其他男人不一样
All of them. But you're all liars.
所有人都这么说 你们都是骗子
No, no. I swear on my mother's virtue.
不不 我以我母亲的名誉发誓
Why should I trust you?
我为什么要相信你
Fernande.
费南代尔
And why in God's name would I trade one broke artist for another?
我为什么非得从一个烂艺术家换到另一个
I'll take your offer.
我接受你的提议
What offer?
什么提议
The 700 francs.
700法郎
I'm told 700 is what Vollard has paid for a new Matisse.
我听说沃拉尔花700法郎买了马蒂斯的新作
A masterpiece.
而且是天才之作
I'm offering you three paintings.
我要给你三张画
I will offer you 500 for all of them.
加起来一起500法郎
Less, of course, the money you owe me for the pigment.
扣除你欠我的颜料钱
To hell with you, Sagot.
去死吧 萨格特
艺术长廊
I'll take the 500.
好吧就500
Ah, that was two minutes ago.
那是两分钟之前的事了
The offer now is 300.
现在是300
He's a goddamn thief. 300 francs.
他就是个该死的小偷 300法郎
What the hell am I supposed to do with a lousy 300 francs?
我拿这恶心的300法郎能做什么
Two years ago you would've thought that a fortune.
两年前你大概还会觉得是一大笔钱
We could feast for a month.
可以够花一个月了
Don't you see?
你不明白吗
I wanted to show Fernande that I'm not just another poor artist.
我想让费南代尔知道我不是另一个穷酸艺术家
To get her out of Bateau-Lavoir,
把她从洗衣船解救出来
take-take a fancy apartment in Montparnasse.
让她可以住蒙帕纳斯的公寓
And then what? You'd be blissfully content
然后呢 你就满意了
and start painting again?
再开始重新画画吗
Yes.
是的
Well,
好吧
if winning this girl is the only way to get you working again,
如果只有得到这个女孩能让你重新开始画画
we'll just have to make it happen. Won't we?
我们就试试吧 行吗
How?
怎么做
There's something you could buy plenty of for 300 francs.
300法郎可以买点东西
What?
什么东西
Black magic.
巫术
Did you get it?
搞到了吗
Opium. The dark mistress.
鸦片 黑色情人
I'm surprised to see you.
你居然来了
You invited me.
是你叫我来的
But I wasn't sure you'd be brave enough to come.
不敢相信你有勇气过来
I was curious about the art.
我对艺术很好奇
The art? Or the artist?
是对艺术 还是对艺术家
So how does she rate?
她水平如何
I think she's brilliant.
我觉得她很聪明
Tell her yourself. I'll introduce you.
你自己跟他说 我来介绍你
No, uh, really. I just,
不 真的 我只是
I just wanted to see the paintings.
我只想要看看这些画
Perhaps another time.
下一次吧
多拉·玛尔
Why did you bother to come if you didn't want to meet her?
你不想见她为什么还要来
I suppose I was trying to play along with your Bohemian rules.
我觉得我只是照着你的波西米亚人的规则
I told you, I don't have rules.
我跟你说过了 我没有什么规则
Well, whatever you call this game.
无论你管这个游戏叫什么
It's not as easy as I thought it would be.
这都不如我想的那么简单
It's not a game. It's life.
这不是个游戏 这是人生
Artists must be free.
艺术家一定是自由的
No restrictions of any kind.
没有任何限制
Dora is a Surrealist. She-She understands.
多拉是个超现实主义者 她会明白的
I'm not Dora.
我不是多拉
Maybe this was the-the wrong place for the two of you to meet.
或许你们俩不该在这里见面
Maybe we should try again in a more comfortable setting.
或许我们应该试试去一个更舒服的地方
He invited me to have dinner with him and Dora.
他邀请我跟他和多拉吃晚餐
He's got no shame at all, does he?
他恬不知耻 不是吗
He doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks.
他根本不在乎别人的看法
In fact, the more he offends people,
实际上 他越得罪别人
the more he seems to like it.
他就越喜欢这样
It's scandalous, but it will certainly be interesting.
太丢脸了 但一定很有趣
It's one thing to look the other way
他和其他女人上床
while he sleeps with other women,
我视而不见也就算了
but, I won't be paraded in public as part of his harem.
但是 我不会当他的情妇招摇过市的
You're not actually in love with him, are you?
你不爱他吧
Maybe you can have some fun with it.
或许你可以玩玩
Give him a taste of his own medicine.
让他自食其果
Bonsoir.
晚上好
Bonsoir.
晚上好
I would like you to meet Andre Beaudin.
我想请你见见安德烈·波丹
法国画家 首批反对立体主义的年轻画家
It is an honor to meet you, sir.
很荣幸见到你 先生
You are a little devil, aren't you?
你就是个小恶魔 不是吗
Well, it seems we need another setting. Waiter.
看起来我们需要换一个环境 服务员
Francoise, sit next to me.
弗朗索瓦丝 坐到我的身边来
I have so many questions to ask you.
我有很多问题想问你
I have seen your paintings.
我看过你的画
I think they're extraordinary.
我觉得它们都非常精妙
Well, it's true what you say about this one, Pablo.
对于这女人 你说得对 巴勃罗
She has excellent taste.
她品味绝佳
He is very handsome.
他很英俊
Waiter, we'll have, um,
服务员 我们要
caviar, oysters, champagne.
鱼子酱 生蚝 香槟
Right away, Madame.
马上就来 女士
Isn't this fun?
不是很有趣吗
Yeah.
是啊
Another, please.
再来一份
Garçon. Just, uh, bring the check please.
小伙子 麻烦结账
Right away, sir...
马上 先生
Did I tell you what happened to me last night?
我跟你说了昨晚发生了什么吗
No.
没有
I was walking across the Pont Neuf.
我昨天在过巴黎新桥
A man ran out and snatched my little dog.
一个人跑过来抓走了我的小狗
Sorry, that's, that's, that's terrible.
抱歉 真是太可怕了
Poor Pepe. I can't imagine what that evil man has done with him.
可怜的小家伙 不敢想象那个恶人做了什么
First, your bike's stolen.
首先你的自行车被偷了
Then your dog.
然后是你的狗
How many times are you gonna tell these stories?
你这个故事要说几遍
I don't understand why you're not more upset.
我不知道你为什么没有更难过
You love that dog.
你很爱那条狗
But I am sure Francoise
但我很确定弗朗索瓦丝
would rather discuss something more interesting.
会想聊聊更有趣的事情
It's such a clear night. Why don't you walk me home?
今晚天气真好 你何不送我回家
I am too tired for walking.
我太累了不想走了
That's what happens when you get old.
老了就会这样
You quit before the fun even begins.
在有趣的事情发生之前你就不行了啊
Go home, Dora. Go home.
回家 多拉 回家
I suppose I'll see you some other time.
我下次还会再见到你吧
Yeah. If I'm not murdered by hooligans on the way home.
会 如果我不在回家路上被小流氓杀死的话
Thank you for an interesting evening. Good night.
今晚很有趣 谢谢你 晚安
I really should go with him.
我真应该跟他走
Look, I am not a fool, Francoise. All right?
我不是傻子 弗朗索瓦丝 行了嘛
It's obvious why you brought me here tonight.
你今天晚上带我来这里的原因很明确
It's not because you've got an interest in me.
不是因为你对我有兴趣
Are you coming?
你来吗
Are you sure she's all right?
你确定她没事吗
Don't worry about Dora.
别担心多拉
Dora will be fine.
多拉不会有事的
I told you to leave me alone.
我告诉过你让你离我远点
What if I told you
如果我告诉你
I have something that can take away all your sadness?
我有让你不再难过的方法呢
You cleaned.
你弄干净了
I did it for you.
都是为了你做的
You didn't seem to like it dirty.
你不喜欢它脏
What about the dust? Your paintings?
那灰尘呢 你的画呢
I just want you to be comfortable.
我就想让你舒服一点
Do you know what this is?
你知道这是什么吗
For opium.
吸鸦片用的
Have you tried it?
你试过了吗
You just want me out of my head so I'll let you screw me again.
你就想让我头脑不清 这样我就可以再上你
No, you-you don't have to do anything.
不 你不需要做任何事
I just want you to feel good.
我就想让你感觉幸福
I would build you a castle,
我愿意给你搭一座城堡
or sail you away on a magnificent yacht.
或者用一艘无与伦比的游艇把你送走
But I can't do any of that.
但我都做不到
I want to make you happy.
我希望你能幸福
At least for a little while.
至少是暂时的
I want to show you something.
我想给你看样东西
I don't understand.
我不明白
It's a shrine. To you.
这是你的圣地
But why?
但是为什么
Because I worship you, Fernande.
因为我爱慕你 费南代尔
I know you didn't want me to draw you.
我知道你不希望我画你
Are you angry?
你生气吗
No, I, no, it's,
没有 我...
you make me look so beautiful.
你让我看起来如此地美丽
Sometimes I can't find the right words to say what I feel.
有时我找不到合适的词来说出我的感受
But I can with my pencils and brushes.
但我可以用铅笔和画笔去表达
You don't have to.
你不必这么做
I want to.
我想这么做
Dora. What happened?
朵拉 出什么事了
A man attacked me.
有个人袭击了我
He stole my dog and my bicycle.
他偷了我的狗和自行车
It was terrible.
太可怕了
We found her wandering along the river,
我们发现她在河边徘徊
but there was no evidence of an attack.
但是没有证据表明她受到袭击
These idiots would not believe me,
这些白痴不会相信我的
so I made them bring me.
所以我让他们带我来
Tell them.
告诉他们
Tell them, pablo.
告诉他们 巴勃罗
Tell them what has happened to me.
告诉他们我发生了什么事
Thank you for bringing her here.
谢谢你们带她来这
You can go now. I'll take care of her.
你们先走吧 我会照顾她的
Forgive me, Monsieur,
对不起 先生
but perhaps you should take her to the hospital.
但也许你该带她去医院
I don't think she's in her right mind.
我觉得她神志不清醒
All right. Thank you.
好 谢谢你
Pablo.
巴勃罗
Come, come, come, come, come.
来来来
You crazy slut!
你个疯妇
After everything I've done for you,
在我为你做了这一切之后
you're gonna leave me for this dirty little foreigner!
你为了这个下流的小老外要离开我
If you come near her again, I will kill you.
如果你再靠近她 我就杀了你
We're going to be happy now.
我们会过得很幸福的
Is she doing any better?
她好点了吗
The doctor gave her a sedative.
医生给她打了镇静剂
Yeah, she'll be fine.
她会好起来的
She won't be fine.
她不会好起来的
She's a Surrealist.
她是个超现实主义者
They all go mad sooner or later.
这类人迟早都会发疯的
Pablo, that is absurd.
巴勃罗 这太荒谬了
She needs some rest.
她需要休息
A couple of weeks in Antibes.
去昂蒂布待几周
法国东南部海港
Can't you see she's suffering?
难道你看不出她很痛苦吗
A holiday isn't going to solve that.
度假是解决不了的
Oh, no? What do you suggest then?
解决不了吗 那你建议该怎么做
Mademoiselle Dr. Gilot?
吉洛医生小姐
I don't know.
我不知道
But what I do know is that
但我知道的是
this,
这个
what we're doing,
我们正在做的事
you think she doesn't mind, because she's such a free thinker,
你觉得她不介意 因为她是自由思想家
but she does mind very much,
但她其实非常地介意
and it's hurting her, and it's making her worse.
而且这样会让她很难过 会让她的情况更糟
Don't be such a narcissist.
少自恋了
It's got nothing to do with you.
这事和你没有半点关系
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I thought I could do things your way, but I can't.
我以为我们可以照你的方式来做 但我不行
Maybe Dora was right.
也许多拉说得对
Maybe you're still a child.
也许你还是个孩子
Maybe.
也许吧
But I am going to look after myself,
但是我会照顾好我自己的
and I hope you look after Dora.
我希望你照顾好多拉
It will be over soon.
很快就会结束了
Please. I don't want this. Please. Please.
求你们 我不要这样 求你们了
Clear.
离手
I've told you before, no private matters on company time.
我之前和你说过 办公时间不谈私事
What is this nonsense?
这些都是什么鬼东西
It is my work.
这是我的作品[工作]
You are confused, Kostrowistzky.
你搞迷糊了 科斯特罗维斯基
This is your work.
这才是你的工作
Not anymore.
再也不是了
I'm a published art critic now and a poet.
我现在是艺术评论家和诗人
"Throwing his ink towards the heavens,
将其墨迹抛向天堂
sucking the blood of what he likes,
吸取汝所爱之血
and finding it delicious,
发现其美味之处
this inhuman monster.
这个毫无人性的恶魔
It is me!"
就是我
"Brushed my shadows of the dead,
画下我的死亡阴影
the blind man rocks pretty child,
盲人轻轻摇着可爱的孩子
the doe with all her fauns slips by,
母鹿与农牧之神飞掠而过
the dwarf observes with saddened pose,
侏儒以悲伤的姿势来观察
how Harlequin magically grows."
丑角如何神奇地形成
It's wonderful, Guillaume.
太美了 纪尧姆
It captures the mood of the picture perfectly.
完美地描述了画面的意境
We have done it, Pablo.
我们成功了 巴勃罗
All of those academic graybeards
当那些学术派的老头看到这幅画的时候
will be apoplectic when they see it.
一定会勃然大怒的
When the Autumn Salon opens, you'll both be sensations.
在秋季画廊开放时 你们俩一定会引起轰动
They have to accept my painting first.
他们得先接受我的画才行
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
亨利·马蒂斯
Matisse.
马蒂斯
We're leaving.
我们要走了
I don't understand.
我不明白
I'm not submitting it.
我不会把画交上去的
But why?
但是为什么
It's not good enough.
因为画得不够好