天才 第二季 Genius Season 2 第9集: Picasso:Chapter Nine

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 传记 / 历史

导演: 肯尼士·比勒 / 凯文·霍克斯 / 劳拉·贝尔西 / 马蒂亚斯·亨德尔 / 格雷格·艾坦尼斯

演员: 安东尼奥·班德拉斯 / 克蕾曼丝·波西 / 亚力克斯·里奇 / 萨曼莎·科利 / 波比·迪瓦伊 / 罗伯特·席安 / 大卫·威尔莫特 / 詹迪·莫拉 / 查理·卡里克 / 塞巴斯蒂安·罗奇 / 阿德里


台词
Olga Khokhlova.
奥尔加·霍克洛娃
Russian aristocracy.
俄罗斯贵族
She must be looking for the Duke or Viscount.
她找的对象不是公爵就是子爵
I cannot let you in.
不能让你进去
We are not married.
我们还没结婚
She certainly has you under her spell.
她的确把你迷得团团转
You're a married man, with a reputation to protect.
你已经结婚了 要保护自己的声誉
You spend your days with your snob
每一天你都陪伴在你那个势力的妻子身边
of a wife pretending you are an aristocrat.
假装你是一个贵族
At least I have not abandoned my friends.
至少我没有抛弃我的朋友
I am the only Madam Picasso.
我是唯一的毕加索太太
Hey, Olga!
奥尔加
Someday I'm going to paint the perfect painting.
总有一天 我会画出完美的作品
I had no idea you were so talented.
我都不知道你这么有才华
Kahnweiler's been asking me for new works to show,
卡恩维勒一直在问我要新的作品
and I just...
我实在是
Don't have the time anymore...
没有时间了
Go on.
来吧
Play the game you played the night we first met.
让我们玩我们初遇的那个晚上玩过的那个游戏
Even when you missed, you didn't flinch.
即便你瞄不准 你都没有退缩
She is so happy when you are here, Pablo.
你在这儿她特别开心 巴勃罗
Do you think Maya wants to watch me cuddling Paloma?
你以为玛雅愿意看我抱着白鸽
Maya loves Paloma.
玛雅爱白鸽
And how long do you plan to keep me waiting?
你打算让我等多久
It did not occur to me that you were interested in an old man.
我没想到你会对老男人有兴趣
You don't seem old to me.
对我来说 你不老
Clear!
离手
I don't understand why you let these women hang on.
我不懂你为什么一直吊着这些女人
I should leave you.
我应该离开你的
Don't be ridiculous! Nobody leaves Picasso!
别开玩笑了 没人可以离开毕加索
天才:毕加索第二季 第九集
My hand in your hair will sow the stars of
我的手要在这浓密头发里
sapphire, pearl, ruby...
播种蓝宝石 珍珠和红宝石
that you never be deaf to my desire...
以便你对我的欲望永不置若罔闻
my oasis and my gourd whence I aspire.
给我我所需要的绿洲和彩绘
巴黎1935年
Your writing is exquisite.
你的文风很优美
It's not me. It's Baudelaire.
不是我写的 是波德莱尔写的
You're absurdly romantic, Paul.
你浪漫得有些荒谬 保罗
And you, you don't have a romantic bone in your body, do you, hm?
而你 你体内没有浪漫因子 是吗
To you, it's just photography, politics and sex.
对你来说 只有摄影 政治和性爱
Sex is just a game.
性爱只是游戏
Lately, it bores the hell out of me.
最近 它让我感到厌倦
All these great men you've bedded,
和你上过床的那么多好男人之中
not one of them has managed to get his claws into you?
没有一个成功地征服了你吗
God no.
当然没
I get tired of them in a matter of weeks.
几周后我就对他们失去兴趣了
You've never been in love?
你从来没有爱过谁吗
Paul...
保罗
I can barely tolerate romantic.
我连浪漫都快受不了了
I absolutely despise sentimental.
我非常讨厌感情用事
Dora, uh, love is the most creative force in nature.
多拉 爱是世上最具创造性的力量
What you need is an Amour Fou.
你需要的 是疯狂的爱
A mad love?
疯狂的爱
No thank you.
免了吧
It's what inspires true artists like us.
它能激发像我们这样的真正的艺术家
You don't have to explain it to me.
你不必向我解释
I understand the Surrealist dogma as well as anyone.
我和大家一样都理解超现实主义教条
A magical love, born of a chance encounter.
奇妙的爱情 源于邂逅
'Fate.' Frankly, I think it's a ridiculous superstition.
"命运" 坦白说我觉得那是可笑的迷信
You are a goddess, Dora.
你是个女神 多拉
What you need is a God.
你需要的 是一个男神
Do you have someone in mind?
你心中有人选了吗
Oh! Gorillas are chasing us. Yeah!
大猩猩在追我们
十年前巴黎 1925年
Pablo, stop that!
巴勃罗 别这样
What, what?
哪样
You're embarrassing yourself. Have you no sense of decorum?
你是在丢自己的脸 你不懂礼仪吗
Oh. Andre, Paul!
安德烈 保罗
You've come just in time.
你们来得正是时候
Ah, oh, uh, Andre Breton and, uh, Paul Éluard.
这是安德烈·波丹和保罗·艾吕雅
My wife. Olga Khokhlova.
这是我妻子 奥尔加·霍克洛娃
It seems you forgot to mention to your friends that
你好像忘了和你的朋友说
this is a formal occasion.
这是个正式的场合
For God's sake, Olga, who cares how they are dressed?
天啊 奥尔加 谁会管他们穿什么
If you want to entertain adults,
如果你想要招待成年人
you should learn to act like one.
那你自己就要表现得像个成年人
Let's go to my studio.
我们去我的工作室吧
It's the only place she can't torture me.
那是唯一一个她无法折磨我的地方
我不是绅士
"I am not a gentleman."
"我不是绅士"
That is exactly why you are our hero, Pablo.
这就是为什么你是我们的英雄 巴勃罗
It's intuitive, automatic.
直观 明了
Emanations from the subconscious.
潜意识的流露
Charged with eroticism,
充满情欲
born from the chance juxtaposition of images.
随意的并置图形孕育了这写特质
This painting is everything I've been writing about.
这幅画正是我所写的一切
It's a masterpiece of Surrealism.
这是超现实主义的杰作
Andre has just finished a collection of essays,
安德烈刚写完一系列文章
Surrealism and Painting.
超现实主义和绘画
We would be honored if you would endorse it.
如果能得到你的支持我们将倍感荣幸
Maybe come to our next meeting?
或许 我们下次会议你能来吗
I don't want to be labeled.
我不想被挂上标签
Surrealist, Cubist and Modernist.
超现实主义 立体派和现代派
What is next? Communist?
下一个呢 共产主义吗
The Communists are going to remake the world.
共产主义者将会重塑这个世界
Besides,
另外
my work lately is nothing but anger.
我最近的作品充斥着的只有愤怒
Bitterness.
怨恨
No one wants to see that, really.
没人愿意看这些 说实在的
That's absurd.
这太荒谬了
You're the most important painter in France.
你是法国最重要的画家
I am stuck in a golden cage with a woman who
而现在的我却被一个女人困于牢笼中
cares more about chandeliers and Persian carpets than
比起我要画什么 她关心的更多是树状吊灯
anything I will ever paint.
以及波斯地毯
I should have known better than to ever get married.
我就不该结婚的
I need someone new...
我需要新欢
巴黎1927年
Excuse me, Mademoiselle.
打扰一下 小姐
Uh, yes?
怎么了
Um, you have an extraordinary face.
你的容颜倾城
I beg your pardon?
您说什么
It was fate that you walked by.
你途径此地是命运的安排
Oh, what do you mean?
你的意思是
I want to paint you.
我想画你
Oh, I, I don't think so, Monsieur.
抱歉不能让你如愿了 先生
I am Picasso.
我是毕加索
I'm sorry, what?
抱歉 你说什么
You have never heard of me?
你没听说过我吗
No.
没有
Should I have?
我应该有所耳闻吗
Recognize him?
认出这个人了吗
You're famous.
你很有名
In certain circles.
在某些圈子里有点名气
Now would you let me paint you?
那你愿意让我画你吗
Why would you want to?
为什么你想画我
My sisters call me an ugly duck.
我的姐妹说我是只丑小鸭
Oh, that's absurd.
那太可笑了
They're jealous.
她们是嫉妒了
Let me show you how I see you.
请让我展示一下我眼中的你吧
My studio is just two blocks from here.
我的工作室离这里只有两个街区
Only for a few minutes, I have to get home.
只能给你几分钟时间 我得赶回家
You, your sisters couldn't be more wrong about you.
对于你的容颜 你的姐妹们实在大错特错了
You are magnificent.
你是绝世佳人
Like a Roman statue.
如罗马雕像般
That's a very special book.
那是本非常特别的书
Go ahead, take a look at it.
去吧 翻一翻
120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade.
《索多玛的120天》 作者是萨德侯爵
Have you heard of it?
你听说过吗
Marquis de Sade destroyed old-fashioned literature
萨德侯爵倾覆了传统文学
the same way I have destroyed the rules of
我也如他一样倾覆了早期绘画大师
old masters of painting.
定下的规则
"Bestowing heartfelt kisses on my mouth and eyes, he said,
"在我的嘴与眼睛留下真诚的吻雨 他说道
'If I am to teach you what to do in order to give me pleasure,
"如果我为了自己的欢愉而教你应该怎么做
'tis only fair that at the same time I teach you
为了公平 同时我也应教会你
what to do in order to receive it.'
如要接受 你该怎么做"
He then
接着...
placed his hand upon my..."
他将手放在了我的..."
I don't want to make you late.
我不想你迟到
Why don't you come back and see me again tomorrow?
不如你明天再来我这吧
I still live with my mother.
我和妈妈住在一起
She, she might not approve.
她可能不会同意
You seem like an intelligent girl.
你看上去非常聪明机智
I am sure you can think of something to tell her.
我很肯定你会找到别的借口搪塞她
If you want to come, be here at 3:00 in the afternoon.
如果你想来 那就下午三点到这吧
Precisely.
请准时
Where have you been?
你去哪了
I'm sorry...
抱歉
I went shopping and then...
我去买东西了 接着...
I, um, I played tennis with Nicoline.
我和妮可琳打网球去了
In those clothes?
穿这身衣服吗
Tell me the truth.
说实话
I met someone...
我去见了个人
Who?
An artist.
一位艺术家
He wants to do my portrait.
他想帮我画肖像画
He's probably trying to get you into bed.
他可能只是想上你
For all you know, he's not really an artist at all.
因为就你所知 他根本就不是什么艺术家
Oh, I-I think he's quite successful, actually.
其实 我觉得他挺成功的
His name is Picasso.
他叫毕加索
Picasso?
毕加索
By all means, let him paint you.
一定要让他画你
You're late.
你迟到了
I'm sorry, Monsieur Picasso.
抱歉 毕加索先生
And you must call me Pablo.
请叫我巴勃罗
I promise to always be on time...
我答应你以后会准时的
Pablo.
巴勃罗
Don't be shy. You can look at it again.
别害羞 你可以继续看
Read out loud.
大声念出来
"She had very handsome eyes,
"她的眉眼非常漂亮
exceedingly fair skin, and one of the most splendid
皮肤白皙 还有绝顶完美
and plumpest..."
丰腴饱满的..."
Are you a virgin?
你是处女吗
Yes.
是的
Then I will be your first.
那请让我当你的第一个男人吧
Shh, don't laugh.
嘘 别笑
25年后巴黎
It's Amour Fou...
真是疯狂的爱啊
This girl, Geneviève.
这个女孩 珍妮维叶芙
She's so young and vibrant and...
她是那么的年轻有火力
圣特鲁佩斯1952年
It's different this time, Paul.
这次不一样 保罗
All my romantic adventures have been ruined by friction
我的所有浪漫历险都毁于摩擦
and-and suffering;
和无尽的痛苦
two bodies coiled in barbed wire,
像是两个人的身体被铁丝网缠绕在一起
you know, chafing against each other, tearing their flesh.
互相伤害着对方 撕裂对方的血肉
But with this one,
但是这段恋情
it's been all sweetness and honey.
带来的只有甜蜜与快乐
She's a hive without bees.
她就像一个没有蜜蜂的蜂巢
She must be very good in bed
她的闺中之术一定颇有门道
to elicit such poetry from the great Picasso.
才能让伟大的毕加索引发如此的诗情
She makes me feel alive.
她让我活力充沛
And Françoise doesn't?
弗朗索瓦丝就不行吗
She looks at me like I am old.
在她眼中我就是个老朽
Anyway, I have a favor to ask you.
不说了 我其实想让你帮个忙
Of course, anything.
乐意效劳
I have to sneak all the way to Paris when I want to see her.
我想见她时总要偷偷摸摸地大老远跑去巴黎
I need a place closer.
我需要一个近一点的地方
St. Tropez would be perfect.
圣特罗佩就完美了
I'll see what I can do.
我尽力而为
Yes...
很好
A flat, a house, a castle?
你要的一栋公寓 别墅 还是城堡
Thanks for helping me watch the children, Kostas.
多谢你帮我照看孩子 科斯塔斯
Well, maybe they should take naps and we could
看起来他们需要去睡一会
have some sangria.
我们正好去喝点果酒
Sangria?
果酒
You've been spending too much time with Pablo's nephews.
你都被巴勃罗的侄子们给带坏了
Actually, I don't like the way Javier makes it.
事实上 我不喜欢哈维尔调的酒
No, we do it better in Greece.
我们希腊人调得更好
Didn't you have a dissertation to finish?
你不是还有篇学位论文没写完吗
I could go back to Paris tomorrow.
我明天再回巴黎
All day long it's mama this, mama that.
你一整天都宝宝长 宝宝短
You need a little adult time.
你需要一点个人时间
Oh, I wish I could, but when Pablo comes home...
我也想啊 但是等巴勃罗回了家
I have a third child to look after.
我就得照顾第三个小孩了
Where is he anyway?
他到底在哪里
We barely ever see him these days.
我们最近都没怎么见到他
He's always dashing off to Paris or St. Tropez.
他总是急急忙忙地赶往巴黎或是圣特罗佩
The children miss him.
孩子们想他了
What about you?
那你呢
You're right, Kostas. The children need their nap.
你说的对 科斯塔斯 孩子们该去睡觉了
And you need to get on a train.
而你得去赶火车了
Daniel...
丹尼尔
Uh, it's very nice to see you, I'm sorry, Pablo isn't here.
很高兴见到你 很抱歉 巴勃罗不在这儿
Well, that's my good fortune then.
那我运气不错
It gives me some time to see what you've been working on.
正好有时间看看你的作品
Well, I'm afraid I don't have anything new to show you.
我怕是没什么东西能给你看了
I've been too busy with the children.
我都在忙着照看孩子
That's a shame.
太可惜了
I've been getting a marvelous response to your paintings.
我最近一直都有收到人们对你作品的好评
You're just being kind.
你太客气了
No, not at all.
不 我没有
I've sold three pieces this month and...
这个月你的画我已经卖了三幅了
do you know Janine Charrat?
你知道雅尼娜·沙拉吗
The choreographer?
是那个舞蹈家吗
She's looking for a designer for her new ballet in Paris.
她正在为下个月在巴黎的演出寻找设计师
I told her you would be perfect.
我告诉她你正好合适
I've never designed a set or a costume in my life.
我从没设计过一件布景和演出服
Neither had Pablo when he did Parade.
巴勃罗设计舞剧《游行》的服装时也没经验
She loves your work, Françoise.
她喜爱你的作品 弗朗索瓦丝
God that sounds like fun.
天呐 这听上去太有趣了
It's impossible.
这行不通
How can you go to Paris for weeks on end?
你怎么能连着一周待在巴黎
Who's going to take care of the children?
谁来照看孩子呢
Well, they have a father.
他们不是还有个爹吗
You know I cannot look after them night and day.
你知道我不能没日没夜地看着他们
I wouldn't get any work done.
那样我就什么事都干不了了
巴黎 1934
Open the door before I break it down!
再不开门我就拆家了
What in God's name do you want?
你到底想干什么
You must get dressed.
穿上衣服
We're going to be late for dinner with the Beaumonts.
要赶不上和博蒙一家的晚饭了
No, you go without me. I'm working.
你别管我 我还要工作
You're always working.
你总是在工作
You are never home and when you are home,
你成天不着家 难得回来
you lock yourself in here.
你就把自己锁在屋里
Well, why wouldn't I?
我能不这么干吗
All you ever do is complain.
你只晓得怨天怨地
Please, Olga, I'm working. Please.
求你了 奥尔加 我得去工作
Don't you ever get tired of painting me?
你画我就不会画腻吗
Your face, in this light?
画你的面庞 还是在这样的光线里
How could I ever get tired of that?
我怎么会腻呢
I'm glad you still feel that way.
我很高兴你还是这么想的
Now go and get cleaned up.
你去清理一下吧
I have a surprise for you.
我有个惊喜给你
Do you?
是吗
I bought us tickets to see Josephine Baker.
我给咱们买了去看约瑟芬·贝克的票
Yeah, well it's a, it's a popular play.
好吧 那是个很热门的表演
We might run into someone
我们可能会碰上
who knows Olga and what would I say to them?
认识奥尔加的熟人 到时我该怎么说
So even after all these years,
所以这么多年了
this little flat will be the only place we can ever be together?
我们只能在这间小公寓里面幽会吗
Pablo, when are you going to divorce her?
巴勃罗 你什么时候跟她离婚
You promised me.
你答应过我的
You know I would like
你知道我的
nothing better than to be free from that woman.
我最渴望的事就是从那婆娘手里逃出来
But, but divorce is very complicated.
但是离婚是件很复杂的事情
I love you...
我爱你
but for now we need to keep things as they are.
但目前我们还得保持现状
If Olga found out about you,
如果奥尔加发现了你
she would make life hell.
她会让我生不如死的
It's heaven...
这里太美了
Our own secret little Shangri-La.
我们秘密独有的小香格里拉
圣特鲁佩斯 1952
Yes, I thought it was a rather romantic little flat.
对 我之前就想那是非常浪漫的小公寓
I'm delighted you like it.
我很高兴你们喜欢
We love it.
我们爱死了
Thank you so much, Paul.
非常谢谢你 保罗
I owe you one favor, my friend.
我欠你一个人情 我的朋友
Monsieur Picasso, a-a few questions for my readers, please.
毕加索先生 我代读者请问你几个问题
Oh, not now.
现在不行
Who's your pretty friend, a new muse perhaps?
你的漂亮朋友是谁 该不会是新灵感女神吧
Get out of here, before I break that thing.
离开这里 否则我就砸了那个东西
Ah, Mademoiselle Gilot, how may I help you?
吉洛小姐 我能为你做什么吗
I've come to collect Monsieur Picasso's pieces.
我来领取毕加索先生的作品
I'm sorry, they have not been fired yet.
抱歉 它们还没经过烧制
But they should be ready by the time he returns from St. Tropez.
但等他从圣特鲁佩斯回来时应该就准备好了
He's in Paris, actually.
其实他在巴黎
Oh, well.
是吗
The papers must be mistaken.
报纸肯定弄错了
Mistaken about what?
弄错了什么
I'm sure it's just silly gossip...
我相信那只是愚蠢的谣言
What kind of gossip?
什么样的谣言
Well, if you must know...
如果你坚持要知道
they say he has been seen
他们说有人在那里见到他
there in the company of a striking young lady.
还有位漂亮的年轻小姐陪伴
Ah, what are these? Costumes?
这些是什么 戏服吗
I've accepted the position with the ballet.
我已经接受芭蕾舞团给的职位
I'm leaving for Paris next week.
下周就会去巴黎
But I told you it, it was not possible.
但我跟你说过 这是不可能的
Well, if you can do whatever you want, so can I.
如果你可以做任何你想要的事 那我也可以
Do what I want?
做什么我想要的
What are you talking about?
你到底在说什么
Your new girlfriend...
你的新女友
in St. Tropez.
在圣特鲁佩斯
How can you listen to such ridiculous rumors?
你怎么能听信这种荒谬的谣言
There is no girlfriend.
我没有新女友
Don't lie to me, Pablo.
别对我说谎 巴勃罗
After everything we've been through,
我们经历这一切以后
the one thing I've always counted on is that we always
我一直相信的一件事就是我们总是
tell each other the truth.
对彼此说实话
Well, I, I am telling the truth.
我就是在说实话
And if I was with another woman,
就算我跟别的女人在一起
it would be your own fault.
那也会是你的错
When was the last time you showed me any affection?
你上次对我展露爱意是什么时候
That's hard to do when you're never here.
如果你一直不在这里 我很难做到
Oh, I see. You're punishing me.
我懂了 你在惩罚我
No.
No, I'm rewarding myself.
不 我在奖励自己
For all the sacrifices I've made
因为我为了你的艺术
to your art at the expense of my own.
以自身为代价做出牺牲
It's my turn, Pablo.
该轮到我了 巴勃罗
My God, you are made of ice.
天啊 你真是冷酷
How else could a mother just abandon her children?
否则怎么会有母亲丢弃自己的孩子
I'm not abandoning my children.
我不是要丢弃我的孩子
I've spoken to Maya, she's gonna come and watch them.
我已经跟玛雅说了 她会过来照看他们
I'm only going away for two months.
我只会离开两个月
They can visit me on weekends.
他们周末时能来找我
巴黎 1935
Who is she?
她是谁
You've painted her over and over again.
你画了她一遍又一遍
She's nobody, just, just a model.
她谁都不是 只是个模特
I won't be made a fool of.
我不会被你愚弄
I gave up everything for you.
我为你放弃了一切
My career, my country, my body.
我的工作 我的国家 我的身体
I won't have myself and my child humiliated by some harlot.
我不会让我跟我的孩子被某个妓女羞辱
Humiliated?
被羞辱
You live like a Russian princess.
你活得像个俄罗斯公主
Get rid of her.
甩掉她
Marie-Thérèse.
玛丽·德瑞丝
What is it?
怎么了
I know it's complicated,
我知道事情很复杂
but we must get married.
但我们必须结婚
We have discussed this.
我们讨论过这件事了
You know how difficult that is and especially now,
你知道离婚有多困难 尤其是现在
Olga is just...
奥尔加刚刚
Pablo...
巴勃罗
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
Did you tell her it's over?
你跟她分手了吗
I want a divorce.
我想要离婚
It was a, a wedding gift.
这是个结婚礼物
I never liked it, she can have it.
我从来就不喜欢 她可以拿走
I'm told there's a second floor?
我听说还有二楼
Yeah, but that's my studio.
对 但那是我的工作室
Everything there belongs to me.
那里的一切都属于我
Monsieur Picasso, "One half of all possessions"
毕加索先生 "所有财产的一半"
includes any artwork that you own.
包括您自己的所有作品
But I painted them.
但是我画了那些作品
I'm afraid the law is quite clear.
恐怕法律规定得相当清楚
The divorce is off.
离婚取消了
So you are getting rid of the girl?
所以你要甩掉那个女孩了
No.
Then what?
不然呢
I am not going to let you get away with half of my life's work.
我才不会让你带走我一半的心血
I see...
我懂了
God forbid you should lose any of your precious paintings.
上帝禁止你丢弃任何一幅你珍贵的画作
They mean more to you than people do.
你看重他们甚于看重其他人
Oh, I know you, Olga.
我了解你 奥尔加
You would only sell them to buy shoes and fur coats.
你只会卖掉它们来买鞋子跟毛皮大衣
Do what you wish.
随你做什么
But I refuse to be humiliated when the papers discover you
但是我拒绝被报社发现你
are having a baby with your filthy mistress.
跟你肮脏的情妇有了孩子这件事情羞辱
Paulo and I are moving to the Hotel California.
我和保罗要搬去加州旅馆了
At your expense...
用你的钱...
I hope you and your new family are very happy...
我希望你和你的新家庭能很幸福...
Thank you for taking such good care of me
感谢你对我和小玛雅的
and little Maya.
悉心照料
Oh, of course, you're my two girls.
当然 你们都是我的小姑娘
Marie-Thérèse...
玛丽·德瑞丝
Marie-Thérèse...
玛丽·德瑞丝
The doctor said it's okay.
医生说没关系的
It's been two months.
已经两个月了
We have plenty of time while the baby's asleep.
当孩子睡着之后我们还有很多时间
Yes...
是的
Is, is something wrong?
怎么了
I haven't painted anything since I have been living here.
我从住在这里之后就什么都没画过
I need to go back to my studio.
我需要回我的工作室去
I thought you loved the light here.
我以为你喜欢这里的灯光呢
Yes, yes, I, I, yes, but it's, uh...
是的 我爱的 但是...
different now.
现在不一样了
It's not me, is it, Pablo?
不是我的问题对吧 巴勃罗
I, I still inspire you, don't I?
我还是能给你灵感的 对吧
No, no, no, no, you, you mean the,
不 不 不 不 你对我来说
you mean the world to me...
你对我来说就是全世界
It's just, uh, too many distractions here.
只是 这里让我分心的东西太多了
I need to go back to my studio.
我需要回我的工作室去
I have to.
我必须要回
Dear Maya.
亲爱的玛雅
Papa will come see you and Mama very soon.
爸爸很快回来看你和妈妈的
You are an angel, Maya. How many stories did it take?
你就是天使 玛雅 要讲几个故事才行
Four, but they're finally asleep.
四个 但他们最终还是睡着了
Well, I don't know what I would do without you.
我不知道没有你我要怎么办
You're a wonderful big sister.
你真是最棒的姐姐
They're wonderful children.
他们也是最棒的孩子
Obviously, Françoise is a very good mother.
显然 弗朗索瓦丝也是个好妈妈
Good mother?
好妈妈
No, we have barely heard from her.
不 我们基本没有她的消息
I'm sure she's quite busy with the ballet.
她芭蕾演出那边肯定很忙
Yeah, but her real responsibilities are here.
是啊 但她真正的责任在这里
She's taking advantage of your kindness.
她是在利用你的善良
No, don't be silly.
不 别傻了
I'm glad to help.
我很高兴能帮得上忙
I want her to be able to pursue her work,
我希望她能追求她的事业
just like you do, Papa.
就像你一样 爸爸
But she can work here. Nobody's stopping her.
但她可以在这工作啊 没人阻止她啊
She doesn't have to run off to Paris to do it.
她不需要跑到巴黎去啊
Instead of complaining about her,
你不应该抱怨她
you should be her champion.
你应该当她的英雄
She's not like Mama.
她跟妈妈不一样
She's more independent and if you do not treat her better,
她更独立 如果你不能对她更好的话
you are going to lose her.
你就要失去她了
Kostas, what?
科斯塔斯 有事吗
Javier told me you were working here.
哈维尔跟我说你在这里工作
Why didn't you tell me you were in town?
你为什么没告诉我你进城了
I've been busy.
我一直很忙
Is it going well?
一切都顺利吗
It is, actually, it's, um,
确实不错
it's thrilling to work with so many talented artists...
能跟这么多优秀的艺术家共事真是令人激动
Well, sounds wonderful.
听起来很不错
What are?
你是想...
Oh, I thought we could have some sangria.
我觉得我们可以一起喝点桑格里亚酒
And you know where to find sangria in Paris?
你知道在巴黎哪里能喝到桑格里亚酒
No.
不知道
No, I know a place with a Chablis I can afford.
我倒知道一家付得起的沙布利酒店
Merci.
谢谢
So, let me guess, you left him?
让我猜猜 你离开他了
No, why would you say that?
没 你为什么会这么说
Well, it's the only way I could imagine Pablo
这是我能想到的唯一一个巴勃罗
allowing the mother of his children
会放他孩子的母亲
to run off to Paris without him.
不带他跑到巴黎来的唯一理由
I didn't give him a choice.
我没给他选择的机会
Good for you.
挺好的
I do miss the children though.
我的确很想念孩子们
I finish work and I go home to a quiet apartment.
我结束工作回到一个安静的公寓里
If you're lonely, you can always call me...
如果你觉得孤独 你可以随时找我
Well, we all know Pablo does whatever Pablo wants.
我们都知道巴勃罗一直都是随心所欲的
Why can't you do the same?
你也可以跟他一样啊
Heraclitus said nothing remains still,
赫拉克利特说没有静止的事物
change is the essence of the universe.
变化是宇宙的本质
All day on his knees,
整天都跪在地上
before the rag so dirty as it dribbles down.
在地毯脏兮兮地垂下来之前
Love seated in the corner of the kitchen.
爱情就安放在厨房的角落里
To amuse herself, she cuts her nails.
为了让自己高兴 她剪掉了她的指甲
It's uh, bold.
这 很大胆
Original, just like your paintings.
独树一帜 就像你的画作一样
You are afraid to tell me it's dreadful.
你不敢告诉我它很糟糕
You see, I know I am an amateur, but poetry...
我知道我是业余的 但诗歌
Is the only way I can express myself lately.
是我最近唯一能够表达自我的方法
I, I haven't painted in-in months.
我已经几个月没画过画了
I, nothing moves me anymore, not the light,
没什么能感动我了 光也不行
not Marie-Thérèse, nothing.
玛丽·德瑞丝也不行 什么都不行
You need something new to inspire you.
你需要一些新事物来启发你
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
Another Amour Fou?
又一段疯狂的爱吗
No.
不是
Actually, I was thinking...
其实 我在想...
another artist.
另一个艺术家
Do you know Renoir?
你知道雷诺阿吗
Of course, but I have always despised his pretty paintings.
当然 但是我瞧不起他的唯美画风
Ah, not the father, the son.
不是父亲 是儿子
Now, he's doing some very interesting work.
他现在的创作很有意思
Cut!
Cutting, that's a cut.
卡 卡
Checking the gate, moving on.
检查片门 继续
Let's print the last two takes, please.
打印倒数两个镜头
So this is how Charlie Chaplin does it?
查理·卓别林就是这么来的吗
Well, Chaplin's a genius...
卓别林是天才
I can only hope.
我只能祈祷和他一样
Jean, is that, uh?
让 那位是...
She's Dora Maar, our set photographer.
多拉·玛尔 我们的剧照摄影师
Ah, you should meet her, Pablo, she's fascinating.
你该会一会她 巴勃罗 她才华洋溢
Come, I'll introduce you.
来吧 我给你们介绍
Florelle is our lead actress.
弗洛蕾是我们的女主角
Florelle, please meet Pablo Picasso.
弗洛蕾 来见过巴勃罗·毕加索
Monsieur Picasso,
毕加索先生
you're even more handsome than your pictures.
你本人比照片更帅气
And you are as ravishing as you are in your films.
你也和电影里一样美丽动人
Even dressed as a laundress?
装扮成洗衣妇也好看吗
Especially dressed as a laundress.
装扮成洗衣妇特别好看
Why don't you introduce me to your friends?
给我介绍一下你的朋友吧
That went well.
真是顺利
He's easily distracted, like a child.
他像个孩子一样容易分心
I thought you said he was a God?
你不是说他是男神
Ah, you'd think so too if you got to know him.
你若有机会认识他 你也会这么认为
I would have to meet him first.
我也得先认识他
And you will. Just not today apparently.
会有机会的 但显然不是今天
Honestly, I can't understand why you think we are so well-suited.
说实话 我不懂你为什么觉得我和他很登对
Because my dear Dora, you are the two most
亲爱的多拉 因为你们是我认识
extraordinary people I know.
最非比寻常的两个人
This is absurd, Paul.
太可笑了 保罗
Why don't you simply invite us both to dinner instead of
你为什么不邀请我们俩一起共进晚餐
contriving a "Chance encounter"?
省着去制造偶遇呢
You know the rules of Amour Fou.
你也知道疯狂的爱的守则
If it's arranged by you,
如果是你策划的
it's not exactly "Fate" is it?
那也不算命运的安排
Ah, I'm just trying to give fate a little push.
我只是想稍微推动一下命运
Well?
怎么说
We've tried it your way.
我们已经试了你的方法
Now, we are going to try mine.
该试试我的方法了
What are you having?
你想喝什么
Whatever you are.
和你一样的
Pernod.
潘诺酒
Are you going to show me your latest poems?
你要让我看你最新的诗句吗
I've had a new idea.
我有个新的想法
No punctuation, and um...
不用标点符号...
What?
怎么
Reinventing painting wasn't enough?
颠覆画界还不够吗
Now you've got to...
你还得...
You don't even flinch.
你毫不畏缩呢
That is the point.
那才是重点所在
It's, uh, hypnotizing.
这有点...令人着迷
Dora! I didn't see you there.
多拉 我刚没看见你
Pablo, Dora Maar, the photographer.
巴勃罗 这是多拉·玛尔 摄影师
Yes, I've, I've heard your name.
久仰大名
A Surrealist, yes?
超现实主义 对吗
You should see her work.
你该见识一下她的作品
Intense, provocative...
浓烈 挑衅
Well, if it as daring as she is, it must be.
如果她作品和人一样大胆 那是肯定的
Where did you learn that game?
你从哪学来的把戏
Game?
把戏
This is quite serious.
这不是闹着玩的
I could lose a finger.
可能会割断手指的
But one must sacrifice for one's art.
但是艺术必须有所牺牲
Very true.
没错
Perhaps you might be willing to make a small sacrifice to my art.
或许你想为我的艺术做一点小牺牲
What do you have in mind?
你有什么建议
Come to my studio.
来我的工作室
You have a most interesting face.
你的容貌很有意思
I want to photograph you.
我想拍你
I will agree to that.
我会同意的
But only if you allow me to keep your gloves.
只要你愿意送我你的手套
I would like a memento of the day that fate put you in my path.
今天命运把你带向了我 我想留个纪念品
I have tried my hand at photography but it's,
我尝试过摄影
it's not for me.
不适合我
Oh, no?
是吗
No, too unpredictable.
嗯 太难以捉摸
Not like painting where the artist is in control.
不像绘画 画家能掌控一切
Not a slave to the whims of the sun.
不需要成为阳光的奴隶
But the sun is similar to paint.
但阳光和颜料很相似
How is that?
怎么说
At first you feel you must work within its limitations,
一开始让你感觉创作受其限制
its quirks.
得熟悉其特性
But with practice, you learn to use those to your advantage.
但熟能生巧 你就能运用它们
You feel what it wants from you.
你能感受到它的诉求
But paint I can touch.
但我能触摸到颜料
I can move with a brush...
我可以挥动笔刷或指尖
or my fingertips...
去控制它
But the sun surprises you.
但阳光却出其不意
Plays with you.
捉弄你
And film reveals things that aren't uh...
而且底片会揭露一些
obvious to the naked eye.
肉眼难以发现的东西
Maybe you would enjoy it a bit more...
如果你能放弃一点控制欲
if you gave up some of your control...
或许你会更享受摄影
Françoise.
弗朗索瓦丝
I wasn't sure you'd come.
我还不确定你来不来呢
Well, how could I miss your debut?
你初次登台我怎么能错过呢
I am your greatest champion.
我是你最大的拥护者
Bravo!
太棒了
Bravo, bravo.
太棒了 太棒了
How did you get back here?
你是怎么来到后台的
I, uh, slipped the doorman five francs.
我给看门人塞了五法郎
Yeah, he should be more careful
他应该更小心一点
because any scoundrel could just sneak in here.
因为任何无赖都有可能混进来
Your work is stunning, Françoise.
你的作品实在是太棒了 弗朗索瓦丝
These are for you.
这束花是送给你的
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm, I'm so sorry, I have to go, Pablo is waiting for me.
对不起 我要走了 巴勃罗在等我
Well at least I have one kiss to remember.
至少我有一个吻可以纪念
Oh, bravo.
太棒了
I'm sorry I kept you waiting.
对不起让你久等了
I waited two months for you to finish the ballet.
为了让你完成芭蕾演出 我等了你两个月
I don't mind a few extra minutes.
我不在乎多等几分钟
But it will be wonderful to have you home again.
但如果你能再次回家就太好了
Yes, I'm excited to see the children.
是的 我很兴奋能看到孩子们
Now you can concentrate on being a mother again.
现在你可以重新专心地做一个母亲了
Is that the only reason you want me back home?
这是你要我回家的唯一一个理由吗
No, no, of course not.
不是 当然不是
I-I only meant that the children have missed you.
我这么说是因为孩子想你了
And so have I.
我也想你了
So, you know, it has been a change for all of us
知道吗 没有妈妈照顾我们
not having Mama to look after us.
一切都变得不一样了
Well, change is the essence of the universe, Pablo.
变化是宇宙的本质 巴勃罗
Françoise, where are you going?
弗朗索瓦丝 你要去哪
No, keep them open.
不 别闭上双眼
Look at me.
看着我
What's wrong?
怎么了
Nothing's wrong.
没事
I, realized Paul was right.
我意识到保罗说得对
He was right that I have never been in love before.
他说得对 我从来没恋爱过
Dora, I already have a studio.
多拉 我已经有画室了
Not like this.
这间不一样
This place is perfect for you.
这个地方非常适合你
A place to start something new.
一个开始新旅程的地方
To forget about Olga and
忘却奥尔加
dinner jackets and stuffy cocktail parties.
晚礼服以及乏味的鸡尾酒舞会
What do you think?
你怎么看
The light is good.
光线很好
Did you know this building is the setting for
你知不知道这栋楼
Balzac's story Le Chef d'Oeuvre Inconnu?
是巴尔扎克《无人知道的杰作》的故事背景吗
法国小说家
巴尔扎克创作出来的一位画家
The one where the protagonist Frenhofer is striving...
故事里的主角霍夫正在努力的...
Trying to paint the perfect painting.
试图画出一幅完美的画作
You're right.
你说得对
It would be perfect.
这里会非常适合我
Dora, you know I cannot live with you.
多拉 你知道我不能和你住在一起
At least not right now.
至少现在不行
Pablo, I could never live with you.
巴勃罗 我永远也不可能和你住在一起
You would drive me mad.
你会让我发疯的
You have come to your senses.
你终于醒悟了
Yes, I have.
是的
I knew you would.
我就知道你会
No one understands you like I do.
没有人像我一样了解你
Pablo, I'm leaving you.
巴勃罗 我要离开你
Don't tell me.
别跟我说
Now you want to do an opera.
你现在想演歌剧
I'm not joking.
我不是开玩笑的
I can't live with you anymore.
我不能再和你一起生活了
Is there someone else?
你有别人了吗
Kostas.
科斯塔斯
My, my nephew's friend?
我侄子的朋友吗
Is that who you choose to replace me?
这就是你选择取代我的人吗
And he's an amateur philosopher?
他可是个业余的哲学家
The last thing I need is a replacement for you.
我最不需要的就是你的替代品
I need to be free, to work and live the way I want.
我要自由 要工作 以我想要的方式生活
I need to learn how to be happy.
我要学会如何快乐
I have made some arrangements for the children
我已经帮孩子们安排好了
to start school in September in Paris.
九月份去巴黎开始上学
We'll be leaving then.
到时我们会离开
We both know that you will never do that.
我们俩都知道你是绝对不会这么做的
Without me, what will your life be?
没有我 你的生活会变成什么样
I don't know...
我不知道
but it will be my own.
但那会是我自己的生活
Well, then you will be known as the foolish woman
那你将会成为众人皆知的傻女人
who left Picasso.
傻到离开毕加索
Yep.
没错
She must be out of her mind.
她肯定是疯了
Those poor children being kept from their father.
那些可怜的孩子不能和父亲一起生活
Yeah, but I am sure she won't go through with it.
但是我相信她不会真的这样做的
Here are the pieces you asked for.
这是你要求的画作
I don't think you've met my cousin Jacqueline.
你应该没见过我表妹杰奎琳吧
No.
It's an honor, Monsieur Picasso.
很荣幸 毕加索先生
Jacqueline is very handy.
杰奎琳心灵手巧
She has been a great help to me.
她一直帮了我很多忙
I'm sure she could help you, too...
我想她也许也能帮你
if you do find yourself needing someone to cook or clean.
如果你需要人帮忙做饭或是收拾屋子
Or anything else you may want.
或是有任何其他的需要
Paloma, Paloma.
白鸽 白鸽
I need mine, Mom...
我需要我的 妈妈
All right, we'll get it, we'll grab it after.
好 我们去拿 我们晚点去拿