--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://cmct.cc
I hope, my dear,you have ordered
亲爱的 我希望今天你准备好了
a good dinner today,
一顿丰盛的晚餐
because I have reason to expect an additionto our family party.
我相信今天会有客人来
Why, Jane, you sly thing,you never dropped a word!
简 你个狡猾的小家伙 你可从没提起
And no fish to be got!
啊鱼已经买不到了
Lydia, my love, ring the bell. I must speak to Hill!
莉迪亚 快摇铃 我要立刻吩咐希尔
It is not Mr Bingley.
不是宾利先生
It is a person I never sawin the whole course of my life.
是一个我一生都不曾见过的人
- Colonel Forster!- Captain Carter!
佛斯特上校! 卡特上尉!
No, I know. Denny!
不 我知道了 是丹尼!
About a month ago, I received this letter.
一个多月前 我收到这封信
About a fortnight ago, I answered it,
两个礼拜前 我回了信
for it wasa case of some delicacy, requiring early attention.
因为这件事需要尽早处理
It is from my cousin, Mr Collins,
信是我侄子寄来的 柯林斯先生
who, when I am dead,
我一去世 只要他愿意
may turn you allout of this house as soon as he pleases.
可以把你们全部赶出这个屋子
Oh, my dear, pray don't mention that odious man!
天呐 亲爱的 求你别提那个讨厌的人
It is the hardest thing in the world,
你的基业要拱手让人
that yourestate should be entailed away from your children.
孩子们继承不到 真是太痛苦了
Indeed, my dear, nothing can clear Mr Collins of
的确是的 柯林斯先生要继承浪博恩
the iniquitous crime of inheriting Longbourn,
这罪过不能原谅
but if you'll listen to his letter,
不过 要是你听听他信里的话
you may besoftened by how he expresses himself.
可能你会对他有所改观
the disagreement subsistingbetween yourself and my late honoured father''
对于先父与您一直间存在的不合
''always gave me much uneasiness,
我一直感到不安
and sinceI have had the misfortune to lose him...''
当他不幸去世之后
I have frequently wishedto heal the breach.''
我时常希望能修补这道裂痕
There, Mrs Bennet.
夫人 听听这里
''My mind, however,is now made up on the subject...''
我已经下定决心
..for, having received my ordinationat Easter,
我已在复活节被授圣职
I've been fortunate to be distinguished
并且有幸得到
by the patronage of the Right HonourableLady Catherine de Bourgh,
凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人的提拔
whose bounty and beneficience has preferredme
承蒙她的恩惠
to the valuable rectory at Hunsford,
我被任命为汉斯福村的教士
where it's my endeavour to demean myselfwith
我将尽自己最大的努力
grateful respect towards her Ladyship.
表达对她的感激与敬意
As a clergyman, moreover,
作为一名教士
I feel it my dutyto promote and establish
在我力所能及的范围内
the blessing ofpeace in all familieswithin
促进家庭和睦
the reach of my influence,
是我的职责所在
and on these grounds I flatter myself that
因而我相信我这出于好意的提议
myovertures of goodwill are highly commendable,
将受到你们的欢迎
and will not lead you to rejectthe offered olive branch.
你们不会拒绝我带来这枝橄榄枝(代表和平)
I am, sir, keenly conscious of being the
我非常清楚
means of injuring your amiable daughters,
我将伤害令媛们的利益
and assure you of my readiness to
但我向你保证
make them every possible amends.
我将作出一切可能的赔偿
I propose myself the satisfaction of waiting on
我预计在18日星期一
you and your family on Monday the 18th...
能与您及家人见面
..and shall probably trespass on your hospitalitytill
可能打扰您及家人
the Saturday sevenight following.
直到下个礼拜六
I shall travel as far as the turnpikein
我将在我自己的马车和随从陪同下
my own modest equipage,
从公路而来
where I hope to catch the Bromley Postat 35 minutes past ten,
并尽可能在10点35分赶到驿站
and thence to Watford, from whenceI shall engage a hired carriage to Longbourn.
到时我将租辆马车
Where, God willing, you may expect meby four in the afternoon.
不出意外 我将在下午四点到达
He must be an oddity, don't you think?
他真是个古怪的家伙 不是么?
If he's disposed to make our girls any amends,
如果他打算补偿女儿们
I shan't be the person to discourage him.
我是不会阻挡他的
- Can he be a sensible man, sir?
他是个理智的人么?
- I think not, my dear.
亲爱的 我不这么认为
Indeed, I have great hopes of finding himquite the reverse.
我甚至觉得 恰恰相反
You are very welcome!
欢迎你的到来
My dear Mr and Mrs Bennet!
尊敬的班纳特先生和夫人
..fortunate in your patroness, sir.
有那位女施主
Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人
Indeed I am, sir. I have been treatedwith such affability, such condescension,
是的 我从没奢望过
as I would never have dared to hope for.
她竟然待我那么和蔼及谦逊
I have been invited twice to dine at Rosings Park.
夫人曾两次邀请我去罗新斯庄园吃饭
That so? Amazing.
是吗? 了不起
Does she live near you, sir?
她住得离你近吗?
The garden, in which stands my humble abode,is separated only by a lane from Rosings Park.
蔽舍的花园与罗新斯仅隔一条小巷
Only a lane, eh? Fancy that, Lizzy.
只隔一个巷子? 想象一下 伊丽莎白
I think you said she was a widow, sir?
我记得你说过她是一个寡妇
Has she any family?
她有家人吗
She has one daughter, ma'am.
她有一个女儿继承罗新斯
The heiressof Rosings, and of very extensive property.
以及其他的财产
And has she been presented at court?
她进宫廷觐见过皇上吗?
She is unfortunately of a sickly constitutionwhich unhappily prevents her being in town.
很不幸 她因身体虚弱 无法进城
And by that means,as I told Lady Catherine myself one day,
正如我一天对夫人说的
she has deprived the British Courtof its brightest ornament.
她的缺席使宫廷损失了一件最精美的装饰
You may imagine, sir, how happy I am on everyoccasion
你能想象到 我是多么乐意
to offer those little delicate compliments,
在各种场合说些巧妙的恭维话
which are always acceptable to ladies.
女士们都爱听这些
That is fortunate for you, that you possess such an extraordinary talent for flattering with delicacy.
你很幸运拥有这样杰出的吹捧才能
May I ask whether these pleasing attentionsproceed
请问 这些讨人喜欢的话
from the impulse of the moment,
是你一时想起的呢
or are they the result of previous study?
还是事前准备好的?
They arise chieflyfrom what is passing at the time, sir.
大多数是即兴的
I do sometimes amuse myself by writing downand arranging such little compliments
不过我自己常自己练习并写下这些恭维话
as may be adapted to ordinary occasions.
这样就可以用在各种场合里
But I try to give them as unstudied an airas possible.
不过我尽量装作是自然流露出来的
I must confess myself quiteoverwhelmed with the charms of your daughters.
我得承认您的女儿们的魅力让我无法抵挡
Oh, you're very kind, sir.
谢谢你的夸奖
They are sweet girls, though I say it myself.
不过我也经常夸她们很可爱
Perhaps especially the eldest Miss Bennet?
特别是您的大女儿
Ah, yes, Jane is admired wherever she goes.
是的 简总是人见人爱
But I think I should tell you, I think itvery likely
不过先生 我得提醒你一下
she will be very soon engaged.
简很快就要订婚了
- As for my younger daughters, if any of them...
至于其他的小女儿们 如果有你看中的...
In their case I know of no prior attachment at all.
她们都还没有任何婚约在先
We're going to Merytonto see if Denny is returned from town!
我们要去麦里屯看看丹尼回来了没有
Perhaps you would care for
柯林斯先生
a little exercise,Mr Collins?
不知道您是否愿意运动一下?
Indeed I would, Mrs Bennet.
是的 我很乐意夫人
Would you do me the great honourof walking with me into town?
请问你愿意陪我散步去镇里吗
You visit your Aunt Philips in Merytonfrequently, I understand?
我听说你经常拜访菲利普姨妈
Yes, she is fond of company,
是的 她很喜欢有人陪伴
but you'll find her gatherings poor affairs
但是恐怕在您看过罗新斯的雄伟之后
after the splendours of Rosings Park.
会觉得她的住所很简陋
No, I think not. I believe I possess the happyknack,
不会 作为一名牧师
much to be desired in a clergyman,
我有一种随和的秉性
of adapting myself to every kind of society,
不论场合高贵或低贱
whether high or low.
我都能屈能伸
- That is fortunate indeed.
真是幸运
- Yes, indeed, and though it is a gift of nature,
的确 这是天性
constant study has enabled me,
持久的学习
I flatter myself,to make a kind of art of it.
让我将此运用得十分娴熟
There! I'm sure that's new in since Friday.
看 这个肯定是星期五之后新来的
Isn't it nice? Don't you think I'd look well in it?
真漂亮 不是吗 你觉得我带上会好看么
- Not as well as me. Come on!
没有我好看 快啊
Jane! Come here. Look at this!
简 来看看这个
Jane, I'm determined to have this bonnet!
简 我决定买这个帽子
Look, there's Denny!
看 丹尼来了
- Where? - There. Look!
哪里 那里 看
- Who's with him? - Don't know.
和他在一起的是谁 不知道
- He might be if he were in regimentals.
如果他穿上军服的话一定很帅
- A man looks nothing without regimentals!
男人只有穿上军服才好看
- They're looking over.
他们看过来了
Lizzy, isn't he mightily good-looking?
丽兹 你不觉得他很英俊吗
We thought you were still in town!
真有趣 我们以为你还在伦敦
There was nothing amusing enough to hold usthere.
那没有什么值得我们停留的
May I introduce my friend George Wickham?
请允许我介绍我的朋友 乔治·韦翰
Miss Bennet, Miss Elizabeth Bennet,
班纳特小姐们 伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐
Miss Mary Bennet,
玛丽·班纳特小姐
Miss Catherine Bennet and Miss Lydia Bennet.
凯瑟琳·班纳特小姐 莉迪亚·班纳特小姐
This is our cousin, Mr Collins.
我们的堂哥 柯林斯先生
Do you stay long in Meryton, Mr Wickham?
韦翰先生 你会久留麦里屯吗?
All winter, I'm happy to say.
很荣幸 整个冬天
I've takena commission in Colonel Forster's regiment.
我已经被佛斯特上校任命留在军团
There, Lydia! He will be dressed in regimentals.
看哪 他就要穿上军装了
And lend them much distinction, I dare say.Outswagger us all, eh, Wickham?
并且耀武扬威把我们都比下去 韦翰
You misrepresent me to these young ladies.
你会让女士们误会我的
- Shall you come with us to Aunt Philips tonight?
你们今晚能和我们一起去拜访菲力普姨妈么
It's only supper and cards.
只是吃一顿晚饭 打打牌
- I haven't been invited by Mr and Mrs Philips.
我并没有受到菲力普夫人和先生的邀请
- No one cares about that nowadays!
现在没人介意这些了
If Mrs Philips extended the invitationto include me,
如果菲力普家邀请我去
I should be delighted.
我很乐意
Look, Jane. It's Mr Bingley!
简 看呐 是宾利先生
We were on our wayto Longbourn to ask after your health.
我们正准备去浪博恩问候你的病情
You're very kind, sir.
你太周到了 如你所见
I'm quite recovered, as you see.
我已经康复得很好了
Yes. I'm very glad to know it.
是 我很开心看到你痊愈
- Look, there's Denny! - And Chamberlayne.
看 丹尼在那 还有
..such a variety of social intercourse.
多么丰富多彩的社会交际
What a charming apartment you have here,Mrs Philips.
菲利普夫人 您的房间太漂亮了
Upon my word, it reminds me greatlyof the small summer breakfast room at Rosings!
的确 我想起了罗新斯夏日里的早餐间
Does it indeed, sir? I'm much obliged to you, I'm sure.
真的么 那我很感激
I'm sure Mr Collins wishes to pay a compliment,Aunt.
姨妈 我相信柯林斯先生是在赞美
Rosings Park, we must understand,is very grand indeed.
罗新斯 是非常雄伟的
My dear Madam, if you thought I intendedany slight
噢 夫人 如果你认为我对您
on your excellent and very comfortablearrangements,
精美舒适的装饰有任何轻视的话
I am mortified!
是对我的莫大的曲解
Rosings Park is the residence of my noblepatroness,
罗新斯庄园是我高贵的施主的官邸
Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人
Oh, now I understand.
我现在明白了
The chimney piece in the seconddrawing
仅仅第二休息室里的壁炉架
room alone cost 800 pounds!
就价值800英镑
Now I see,there's no offence at all.
我明白了 毫无冒犯
Will you oblige me and sit downto a game of whist?
你能答应陪我坐过去玩"惠斯脱"吗
I must confess I know little of the game, madam,
我不得不承认我知之甚少
but I shall be glad to improve myself.
但我很乐意提高一下
If my fair cousin will consent to release me?
漂亮的表妹是否同意放我走
With all my heart, sir.
非常乐意
- What were trumps again?
再告诉我一遍 王牌是哪张
- Hearts, Mr Collins! Hearts.
红心 柯林斯先生 红心
I must confess I thought I'd never escapeyour younger sisters.
我敢说 我不怕会见不到你的妹妹们
They can be very determined. Lydia especially.
她们非常热心 尤其是莉迪亚
But they're pleasant girls. I find that society in
不过她们确实很可爱
Hertfordshire quite exceeds my expectations.
哈福特郡让我喜出望外
I don't see Mr Bingley and his friends here.
我怎么没看见宾利先生和他的朋友
I think some of Mr Bingley's friendswould
我想宾利的某个朋友一定
consider it beneath their dignity.
认为这个场合有失身份
Have you known Mr Darcy long?
你认识达西先生很久了吗
- I've known him all my life.
我认识他很久
- We played together as children.- But...
我们是儿时的玩伴 不过
Yes, you're surprised.
是的 你一定会惊讶
Perhaps you noticed the cold mannerof our greeting?
可能你注意到我们见面时他冷淡的态度
Are you much acquainted with Mr Darcy?
你和达西先生很熟吗
As much as I ever wish to be.
如我所愿
I've spent three days in the same house with him,
我同他在一个屋檐下待了3天
and I find him very disagreeable.
我觉得他很讨厌
I fear there are few who would sharethat opinion... except myself.
恐怕少有人能这么想 除了我自己
But he's not at all liked in Hertfordshire.
不过 他在哈福特郡一点都不受欢迎
Everybody is disgusted with his pride.
大家都很讨厌他的傲慢
- Does he intend to stay long at Netherfield?
他是否打算久留在尼日斐
I hope his being in the neighbourhood will not affect your plans to stay.
希望他在附近不会影响你的计划在这里
Thank you. But it is not for me to be driven awayby Mr Darcy.
谢谢 不过不应该是我因达西先生而离开
If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go.
如果他想避开某人他应该离开
We're not on friendly terms, but I have no reasonto
我们现在并不友好
avoid him but one: he's done me great wrong.
我只有一个原因避开他: 他待我不公
His father, the late Mr Darcy, was my Godfather,
他的父亲 也就是已故的达西先生
and one of the best men that ever breathed.
是我的教父 他是世界上最好的人
My father was his steward,
我父亲是他的管家
and when he died, old Mr Darcy cared for me,
当他去世后 达西老先生
provided for me, loved me, I believe,
一直照顾我关爱我
as though I were his own son.
就像我是他的亲儿子一样
He intended me for the church.
他希望我去教堂工作
And it was my dearest wishto enter into that profession.
那也正是我最想要的职业
But after he died,and the living
但是当他去世后
he'd promised me fell vacant,
他在世时对我的承诺落空了
the son refused point blankto
他的儿子直接了当地拒绝
honour his father's promises.
兑现其父的诺言
And so, you see,I have to make my own way in the world.
然后 我只能靠自己去打拼
This is quite shocking!
太惊人了
I had not thought Mr Darcy as bad as this.
我从没想到达西先生能坏到这个地步
To descend to such malicious revenge.
自降身份做此恶意报复
He deserves to be publicly disgraced!
他应得公开地羞辱
Some day he will be, but not by me.
总有一天他会的 不过我不会去做
Till I can forget his father,
除非我忘记他的父亲
I can't defy or expose him.
否则我无法揭发他
I wonder at the pride of this man.How abominable!
我真不明白这人有何理由如此傲慢
You're more temperate
要是我遇见这样的事情
than I'd bein your situation.
我肯会比你愤怒
Well, I have not the resentful temperthat some men have.
我不像某些人那样记仇
And my situation, you know, is not so bad.
至于我的境况 你也看见了
At present I have every cause for cheer!
还是不错 现在我有很多高兴的理由
I can't bear to be idle,
我受不了无所事事
and my new profession gives meactive employment.
我的这份新工作让我很充实
My fellow officers are excellent men.
和我一起的军官们都很优秀
And now I find myself in a societyas
而且我觉得 现在这里
agreeable as any I've ever known.
比我知道的任何地方都要可爱
I absolutely forbid you to feel sorry for me!
我不允许你为我感到难过
Lizzy? Lizzy, why should you feel sorryfor Mr Wickham?
丽斯 你为什么要为韦翰先生过意不去?
Because I've not had a dancethese three months together!
因为我总共有3个月没有跳舞了
Poor Mr Wickham! Well, you shall have one now.
真可怜 你应该现在就跳
Mary, Mary! The Barley Mow!
玛丽 弹Barley Mow(一种民谣舞曲)
I cannot believe it!
简直无法相信
Mr Darcy's respect for his father's wishes wouldn't
达西先生对他父亲如此尊重
allow him to behave in such an unChristian way.
他是不会做出这样违背基督教的行为
Lizzy, consider, how could his most
你想想 他最亲密的朋友
intimatefriends be so deceived in him?
怎么会被他蒙在鼓里
I could more easily imagine Mr Bingleybeing imposed upon,
我宁愿相信宾利先生被蒙骗了
than to think that Mr Wickhamcould invent such a history!
也不相信韦翰先生编造了一个故事
I believe you like Mr Wickham, Lizzy.
我想你是喜欢韦翰先生
I confess I do like him.
我承认是的
I do not see how anyone could not like him.
我想任何人都会喜欢他的
There's something very open and artlessin his manner.
他的举止非常坦率也很自然
He feels deeply, I believe,
我相信他有很深的情感
and yet has a natural merriment and energy,despite all this.
除了这些 他还精力充沛 乐观向上
Yes, Jane, I confess I like him very much.
简 我承认我很喜欢他
But after so short an acquaintance,
可是你们认识这么短暂
do you think we should believe in himso implicitly?
我们能够这么完全地信任他吗
How could he be doubted?
怎么会有怀疑?
He gave me all the circumstances, Jane.Names, facts.
他给出了所有的场合 姓名 事件
And everything without ceremony.
毫无做作
Let Mr Darcy contradict it!
让达西先生来辩解吧!
Besides, there was truth in all his looks.
韦翰先生看上去毫无虚假
It is difficult, indeed.
的确很难
It is distressing. One does not know what to think.
这事很头疼 让人不知道该怎么想
I beg your pardon,one knows exactly what to think!
请原谅 他完全知道该如何想
Oh, girls! Girls, we have all beeninvited to a ball at Netherfield!
孩子们! 我们全部被邀请去尼日斐舞会
- I love a ball! - So do I!
我喜欢舞会 我也是
This will be a compliment to you, Jane, you know.
这里有一个对你的赞美 简
The invitation includes you, Mr Collins.
邀请函里也有你的名字 柯林斯
But shall you accept, sir? Would it beentirely proper?
不过先生你会接受吗? 这样合适吗?
Would your bishop approve?
你的主教会同意吗
Your scruples do you credit, my dear cousin.
表妹 你的顾虑值得表扬
I am of the opinion that a ball of this kind,
不过我认为 这个舞会由一个正直的人
givenby a man of good character to respectable people,
举办邀请到的人也值得尊敬
can have no evil tendency.
因此无伤大雅
And I am so far from objecting to dancing myself,
并且我自己也忍不住跳一支舞
that I shall hope to be honoured with the hands ofall my fair cousins during the evening!
希望我有幸那晚能和美丽的表妹们共舞
And I take this opportunity of soliciting yours...
借此我也恳求
..Miss Elizabeth, for the first two dances!
伊丽莎白小姐 与我跳前两支舞
when I tell you that the chimney piece alone,in the second drawing room,
光是第二休息室里的壁炉架
cost all of 800 pounds!
就造价800英镑
800 pounds, sir! I hazard a guessit must be a very large one?
800英镑 我猜是一大笔钱
It is very large, indeed, sir.
的确是非常多
- Her Ladyship is fond of a good blaze, then?- Oh...
您的女施主一定很喜欢烤火 哦
I must claim youfor my sister Mary.
我替玛丽来找你
She's found a passage in Fordyce's Sermonsthat she can't make out.
她在佛德西讲道里有一处不明白的地方
- Well, I...- I believe it is of great doctrinal import, sir.
我 相信这在教义上十分重要
- In that case...- You're very kind, sir.
这样的话 谢谢你
She's in the drawing room.
她在休息室里
Mr Collins' conversation is very...
柯林斯的谈话很
And there is plenty to be had of it, I assure you!
我向你保证 还有更多
- Have you made Mr Bingley's acquaintance yet?- No.
你和宾利先生有交情么 没有
But I'm disposed to approve of him.
不过我对他有好感
He has issueda general invitation to the officers for his ball,
他邀请军官们去他的舞会
which has caused great joyin more than one quarter.
使得大家都非常高兴
- He must be a very amiable gentleman.- Oh, yes.
他一定很和气 是的
He is eager to approve of everyone he meets,
他乐于认可任何他的朋友 不过
but he's a sensible man, with taste and judgement.
他是一个理智的人 有品味有判断力
I wonder very much how Mr Darcy could imposeupon him.
我很想知道达西是怎么蒙骗宾利
He cannot know what Mr Darcy is.
他不可能不知道达西是怎样的人
Probably not. Mr Darcy can please what hechooses,
如果他觉得有价值
if he thinks it worth his while.
达西先生很有可能为此取悦他
Among his equals in wealth and consequence,
和他一样富有举足轻重的同辈中
he can be liberal-minded,
他可算是思想开放
honourable, even agreeable.
令人尊敬 甚至很和气
- I wonder you can speak of him so tolerantly.
我真想不到你能这么宽容的说他
- He is not wholly bad.
他也不是完全那么糟
Tell me, what sort of girl is Miss Darcy?
和我说说 达西小姐是什么样的人
I wish I could call her amiable.
我觉得她很温和
As a child, she was affectionate and pleasing,and fond of me.
她很有感情 很讨人喜欢 也特别喜欢我
I've devoted hours to her amusement, but she isgrown
我以前常陪她一起玩耍
too much like her brother. Very... proud.
不过她很快就长大像他哥哥一样 傲慢
I never see her now. Since her father's death,
我现在没有见过他
her home has been in London.
自从他父亲去世她住在伦敦
She is but 16 years old. Your sister Lydia's age.
她才16岁和莉迪亚一样的年纪
I was amused by your cousin's referenceto Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
我很惊讶你表哥提起凯瑟琳夫人
She's Mr Darcy's aunt, and her daughter Anne,
她是达西先生的姨妈
who will inherit a large fortune,
她的女儿安妮将会继承大笔财产
is destined to be Mr Darcy's bride.
他将会是达西先生的妻子
Poor Miss Bingley.
宾利小姐真可怜
Ah, you look very well, Lizzy!
你看上去很漂亮
You'll never be as pretty as your sister Jane,
你不可能像你姐姐简一样漂亮
but I will say you look very well indeed!
不过我还是要说今天你很好看
I hope you will pay Mr Collins every courtesytonight,
我今晚今晚你对柯林斯先生要尽量礼貌
because he's been very attentive to you!
他一直很关注你
Your gown is very unbecoming, too!
你的裙子也不合身!
- Then I shall ask Lizzy!
那我去问丽斯
- Lydia, what are you doing?
莉迪亚 你这是在做什么
- Go back in your room and dress yourself!
回房间把衣服穿好
- I have to ask Lizzy something!
我必须要问问丽斯
Lizzy, look. What do you think? Kitty says not,
看 你觉得怎么样 吉蒂说不好看
but I think it becomes me very well.
不过我觉得我穿的很漂亮
- I wonder that you ask me.
真没想到你会问我
- You look very nice.
你看上去很漂亮
Don't keep Wickham to yourself.
别一直霸占着韦翰先生
Kitty and I want to dance with him as well.
吉蒂和我也想和他跳舞
I promise I shall not. Even if I wished to, I couldnot.
我保证不会 即使我想我也不能
I have to dance the first two with Mr Collins.
我得和科林斯先生跳头两支舞
Lord, yes. He's threatened to dance with us all!
是的 他威胁我们都和他跳舞
My dear Jane, how delightful to see you,and so well recovered!Louisa and I have been quite desolate without you,haven't we?
没你的陪伴Louisa和我都觉得很孤独
- Mr Hurst? - What?
赫斯脱先生 什么
- Oh, Mrs Bennet! - Delighted.
噢 班纳特夫人 很高兴
- Mrs Bennet, Mr Bennet! Quite delighted.
班纳特先生 非常高兴见到你
- And all your daughters. - There's Denny!
还有你的女儿们 丹尼在那
- And Chamberlayne!
还有钱伯伦
- And my cousin Mr Collins.
还有我的侄子 柯林斯先生
May I congratulate you on yourvery elegant arrangements, ma'am?
夫人 你们的布置非常精美
It puts me to mind greatly of...
这让我想起了一个地方
Perhaps you may have visited Rosings Park?
可能你们去过罗新斯庄园?
Miss Bennet. You look quite remarkably wellthis evening.
你今晚看上去非常漂亮
I'm instructed to convey my friend Wickham'sregrets
韦翰先生让我传达他的歉意
that he cannot attend the ball.
他今晚无法参加舞会
He's gone to town on a matter of urgent business,
他因紧急事务前去伦敦了
which probably became urgentas he wished to
很可能是因为回避这里的
avoid a certain gentleman.
一位先生才会显得如此紧急
Denny! I hope you're prepared to dancewith us tonight!
丹尼 希望你今晚准备好和我们跳舞了
Forgive the intrusion. I would dance with both of
抱歉打扰了 我想与你的两个妹妹跳舞
your sisters at once if I could, but...
如果可以的话
Never mind that. Come on, Denny!
不用介意什么 快来 丹尼
I have so much to acquaint you with!
我有好多想对你说的
Charlotte, may I present our cousin, Mr Collins?
夏绿蒂 允许我想你介绍我的表哥
My friend, Miss Lucas.
柯林斯先生 我的朋友 卢卡斯小姐
- How do you do, sir? - Miss Lucas.
你好 先生 卢卡斯小姐
I'm indeed honoured to meet any friend of myfair cousins.
我实在很荣幸见到我漂亮表妹的朋友
So many agreeable young ladies!
这么和蔼可亲的女士
I'm quite enraptured!
我真的很高兴
- Other way, Mr Collins!
方向错了 柯林斯先生
- Madam, a thousand apologies...
女士万分抱歉
My dear cousin, I apologize.
亲爱的表妹 我很抱歉
It's extraordinary! Are you sure it's true?
太不寻常了 你确定这是真的吗
Charlotte, how could it be otherwise?
夏绿蒂 怎么可会有假呢
Every circumstance confirms it.
事事应证了他的话
And Mr Darcyhas boasted to me himself of his resentful...
达西先生的自负也证明了他愤怒的...
If you're not otherwise engaged,
如果你有空
would you do methe honour of dancing the next with me?
可否赏光与我跳下一支舞
Why I... had not...
我 还没约
Why couldn't I think of an excuse? Hateful man!
我为什么想不出一个借口 可恶的人
I promised myself I'd never dance with him.
我对自己发誓永远不和他跳舞
He pays you a great complimentin singling you out, Lizzy.
他挑你出来是对你的赞扬
Think what you are doing. You'd be a simpleton
想想你在做什么
if you let your fancy for Wickham lead youto slight
要是你为了韦翰得罪一个比他身份
a man of ten times his consequence.
高十倍的人 你就太傻了
I believe we must have some conversation,Mr Darcy.
达西先生 相信我们应该说点什么
A very little will suffice.
一点点就够了
You should say something about the dance,perhaps.
可能 你可以说点关于跳舞的
I might remark on the number of couples.
我就谈谈有多少对舞伴在场
- Do you talk by rule when you're dancing?
你在跳舞的时候照例都要说上几句吗
- Sometimes it's best.
是的 有时候这样是最好的
Then we may enjoy the advantage of sayingas little as possible.
然后我们便可以享受不说话的乐趣
Do you consult your own feelings in this case,or seek to gratify mine?
你这是为了自己感受还是为了取悦我的?
We are both unwilling to speak unless we expectto
我俩都不太和别人合得来 也不愿说话
say something that will amaze the whole room.
除非是些能够震惊屋里客人的话
This is no striking resemblance ofyour own character, I'm sure.
我相信这并不是你真正的性格
- Do you often walk into Meryton?
你常在麦里屯散布吗
- Yes, quite often.
是的 经常
When you met us, we had just been forminga new acquaintance.
那天我们遇见时 我们正在认识一位新朋友
Mr Wickham's happy mannersenable him to make friends
韦翰先生愉悦的性格 让他交起朋友得心应手
Whether he is equally capable of keeping them,is less certain.
不过能否维持得住友谊就说很难说了
He has been unlucky to lose your friendshipin a way
他失去你这个朋友真是不幸
he'll suffer from all his life.
可能他也会因此痛苦一生
Allow me to congratulate you, sir!Such superior dancing is rarely to be seen.
先生 你能跳如此好得舞实在少见
I'm sure your fair partner is well worthy of you.
我相信这位漂亮的舞伴与你正相宜
I hope this pleasure is repeated often.
我真希望能再有这眼福
Especially when a certain desirable event takes place.
特别是将来有一桩好事如愿的时候
Eh, Miss Lizzy?
对吧 伊丽莎白小姐
- What congratulations will then flow in!
那时将会有什么样的祝贺场面啊
I understand! I'll not detain you longer
我理解 我还是别打扰你们了
from your bewitching partner!
你们正谈得开心
A great pleasure, sir. Capital! Capital!
非常荣幸 好极了 好极了
I remember hearing you once saythat you hardly ever forgave.
我记得你说过你很难宽恕别人
That your resentment once createdwas implacable.
你一旦仇恨某人 就无法消除
You're careful, aren't you,in allowing resentment to be created?
你一定很谨慎吧 在接仇的时候
And never allow yourself to be blindedby prejudice?
并且不让自己被偏见而蒙蔽
May I ask to what these questions tend?
请问这些问题用意何在
Merely to the illustration of your character.I'm trying to make it out.
只是为了要弄清楚你的性格而已
- What is your success?- I don't get on at all.
那你弄清楚了吗 一点也不明白
I hear such different accounts of youas to puzzle me exceedingly.
我听到的看法相差甚远 让我非常迷惑
I wish that you wouldn't attempt to sketchmy character at the present moment.
希望你别试图现在刻画我的性格
The performance should reflect no crediton either of us.
这种行为对你我都没有什么好处
If I don't take your likeness now,
如果不趁现在了解你
I may never have another opportunity!
恐怕以后没有机会了
I would by no means suspend any pleasureof yours.
我绝不会让你扫兴的
Miss Eliza, I hear you're quite delightedwith George Wickham.
伊丽莎白小姐 听说你对乔治韦翰很有好感
No doubt he forgot to tell you,among his other communications,
在他的谈话里他一定忘了告诉你
that he was merely the son of old Wickham,
他是老韦翰的儿子
the late Mr Darcy's steward!
也就是达西先生的管家
But, Eliza, as a friend,
不过 伊丽莎白 作为朋友
let me recommend you not to give creditto all his assertions.
我奉劝你不要完全相信他的话
- Wickham treated Darcy in an infamous manner.
韦翰曾经用卑鄙的手段待过达西先生
I don't remember the particulars, but I do know that
我不记得细节
Mr Darcy was not in the least to blame.
但是我知道达西先生毫无过错
I pity you, Eliza,for the discovery of your favourite's guilt,
我真为你感到难过 揭穿了你喜欢的人
but really, considering his descent,
不过 只要想想他的出身
one could not expect much better.
也不能想象他会做出什么好事来
His guilt and his descentappear by your account to be the same.
他的过错和他的身份似乎对你而言是一回事
You accuse him only of being the son of Mr Darcy's steward,
我只听出你贬低他是达西先生管家的儿子
which he informed me of himself.
不过这他早已告诉我了
Excuse my interference. It was kindly meant.
原谅我的打扰 我原本出于好意
- Insolent girl! - Lizzy!
傲慢无礼 丽斯
I see nothing in her paltry attackbut her own
她的诋毁毫无价值
ignorance and the malice of Mr Darcy!
只不过是她的无知和达西的恶毒
Yes, but Lizzy...
不错 但是 丽斯
Mr Bingley said, that though he doesn't knowthe whole history,
宾利先生告诉我 虽然他不知道整个事件
he fears that Mr Wickham is by no meansa respectable young man.
恐怕韦翰先生并不是一个正经年轻人
- Does he know Mr Wickham?- No
他认识韦翰先生吗 不认识
Well, then he just had his account from Mr Darcy.
那他只是从达西先生那听来的而已
I don't doubt Mr Bingley's sincerity.
我不质疑宾利先生的真诚
Of course he would believe his friend.
他当然会相信自己的朋友
As to the other two gentlemen,
至于另外两位
I shall ventureto think of them both as I did before.
我仍然坚持原先的观点
Shall we not have some music?
我们来点音乐怎么样
I have a great desire for a song!
我很想听支歌
Caroline, can we persuade you?
卡罗琳 你能帮个忙吗
Miss Mary Bennet.
玛丽 班纳特小姐
You've anticipated me.
你抢先了一步
But they haven't been introduced!
他们还没有被正式介绍过
- Can we not prevent him?- Too late.
我们能阻止他吗 太晚了
Mr Darcy. I have made a remarkable...
达西先生 我有一个很重要
I must say, an amazing discovery!
很惊人的发现
I understand that you are the nephew of
据我了解 你是罗新斯庄园
Lady Catherine de Bourgh of Rosings Park!
凯瑟琳夫人的侄子
Mr Darcy, I am happy to be able to inform youthat her
达西先生 我很乐意告诉你
Ladyship was in the best of health...
夫人的身体很健康
I'm glad to hear it.
得知如此我很高兴
- And what is your name, sir?
先生,你叫什么名字?
- My name is William Collins, Mr Darcy.
达西先生 我叫威廉姆·柯林斯
And I have a very great honour to...
我很荣幸
That'll do extremely well, child.
你唱得好极了 孩子
You've delighted us long enough.
你已经为我们演奏的够久了
Let the other young ladies have time to exhibit.
让其他年轻女孩们也有机会展示一下
If I were so fortunate as to be able to sing,
如果我有幸能够唱歌
I should have great pleasure in obligingthe company with an air.
我非常愿意为大家高歌一曲
Indeed I should, for I consider musicas a very innocent diversion,
音乐是一门非常高雅的艺术
and perfectly compatible with the professionof a clergyman!
尤其适合牧师这一职位
Mr Collins is such a sensible,respectable young man.
柯林斯先生是个通情达理值得尊敬的年轻人
He's taken quite a fancy to Lizzy,
他很迷恋丽斯
and I don't think he could find a better wife.
我也认为她比谁都适合做他的妻子
He favoured Jane at first, but Bingley was therebefore him.
他之前喜欢简 不过宾利先他一步
Now there will be a great marriage!
他们的喜事一定能成
And, of course, that will throw the girlsinto the path of other rich men!
当然了 这样我的女儿们就能嫁到有钱人家去了
Lord! Denny, fetch me a glass of wine.
上帝 丹尼 帮我拿一杯白酒来
I can scarce draw breath, I'm so fagged!
我要喘不上气来了 累坏了
...and Chamberlayne and Denny again!
之后又是钱伯伦和丹尼
Lydia only danced with him twice!
莉迪亚和他跳了两次
- I thought Mary sang very ill.
我认为玛丽唱得很糟糕
- Oh, yes. Poor Mary.
噢 是啊可怜的玛丽
- But she is determined to do it.- More fool her, I say.
不过她铁了心要去唱 她真傻
- Mr Collins trod on my frock and tore it.- Lizzy!
柯林斯先生踩到我的罩袍把它扯坏了 丽斯
Mr Collins, I'm sure there can be no objection!
柯林斯先生 我保证这事绝对可以
Kitty, don't leave me.
吉蒂 别离开我
- Lizzy, dear!- Why? It's only Mr Collins.
丽斯 怎么了? 只不过是柯林斯先生
Come, Kitty. I want you upstairs.
吉蒂 过来 你到楼上去
Mr Collins has something to say to Lizzy!
柯林斯先生有话要和丽斯说
Dear Mamma, don't go. Mr Collins can have nothing
妈妈 别走 我相信柯林斯先生要和我说的话
to say that anyone could not hear.
别人都能听 否则我也要走
Lizzy. I insist that you stay where you areand hear Mr Collins!
我命令你留下听柯林斯先生说
Come, Kitty! Come along.
吉蒂 过来
Believe me, my dear Miss Elizabeth,
请相信我 伊丽莎白小姐
that your modesty adds to your other perfections.
你的谦虚有礼 使你更加完美
But you can hardly doubt the objectof my discourse,
不过你千万别怀疑我此番说话的目的
however your feminine delicacymay lead you to dissemble.
尽管因女子的矜持 你假装不知道
For, as almost as soon as I entered the house,
因为几乎是刚进这间屋子
I singled you out as the companionof my future life!
我就已经挑选你做我的终身伴侣
But before I am run away by my feelingson this subject,
趁我还没有因感情而失控
perhaps it would be advisable for meto state my reasons for marrying.
也许我应该谈谈我要结婚的理由
My reasons for marrying are:
我的理由是
First, I think it a right thing for every clergymanto
首先 我认为每一个牧师都应该有妻子
set the example of matrimony in his parish.
给郊区树立一个婚姻的榜样
Secondly, that I am convinced it will addvery greatly to my happiness.
第二点 我相信婚姻将使我更加幸福
And thirdly, which perhaps I should havementioned first,
第三点 这点我应该在第一点里提出
that it is the particular recommendation of mynoble patroness Lady Catherine de Bourgh!
这是我的女施主凯瑟琳夫人的特别劝告
''Mr Collins,'' she said, ''you must marry.''
柯林斯先生 她说 你必须结婚
''Choose properly,'' she said.''Choose a gentlewoman for my sake,''
好好选择 选一个好姑娘
''and for your own, let her be an active,useful sort of person,
为了我 也为了你 人要活泼 有用
not brought up too high.''
不用出身高贵
''Find such a woman as soon as you can,
尽快找到一个这样的姑娘
bring her to Hunsford, and I will visit her!''
把她带来汉斯福来 我会去拜访她
And your wit and vivacity,
你的智慧和活泼
I think, must be acceptable to her,
相信一定能打动她
when tempered with the silence and respectwhich
只要适当的稳重端庄
her rank will inevitably excite.
她那样的好人家一定会喜欢你
So much for my general intention in favourof matrimony.
总体上关于婚姻我要说的就是这些
Now, as to my particular choice:
接着 有一点特别值得一提
being, as I am, to inherit all this estateafter the death of your father,
因为我将继承您父亲的产业
I could not satisfy myself without resolving
如果我不在他女儿间选一个作为妻子
to choose a wife from among his daughters.
我也实在过意不去
And now nothing remains,
好了 就是这些
but to assure you, in the most animated language,of the violence of my affections!
我要用最生动的语言表达我强烈的情感
- Mr Collins, please...
柯林斯先生 请你
- To fortune I am perfectly indifferent.
对于嫁妆我毫不在乎
I'm well aware that 1,000 pounds in thefour per cents is all that you may be entitled to,
我很清楚你将得到年息四分的一千英镑
but rest assured, I shall never reproachon that score when we are married!
不过请放心 我们结婚后我不会为此事不满
You are too hasty, sir!
先生 你太心急了
You forget that I've made no answer.
你忽略了我还没有做任何回应
Let medo so now. I thank you for your compliments.
让我现在回答你 感谢你的赞美
I am very sensible of the honourof your proposals, but...
我很荣幸能得到你的求婚 不过
..it is impossible for me to accept them.
我不可能接受
I am by no means discouraged. Indeed not.
我绝对不会因此灰心 绝不
I understand that young ladies often rejectthe addresses of the man they mean to accept,
我明白 当别人第一次求婚的时候
when he first applies for their favour,
年轻小姐们经常欲擒故纵
and therefore I shall hope, my dear cousin,
因此我希望 亲爱的表妹
to lead you to the altar before long.
我能尽早与你一起到神坛之前
Upon my word, your hope is an extraordinary
我向你保证 既然我已经说了
one in view of my declaration.
那么你的幻想是不可能的
I was perfectly serious in my refusal.
我是在非常认真地拒绝你
You could not make me happy,
你无法让我得到幸福
and I amthe last woman who could make you so.
我相信我也无法让你幸福
My dear Miss Elizabeth,
亲爱的伊丽莎白小姐
my situation in life,
我的社会地位
my connectionwith the noble family of de Bourgh
我与德包尔府上的关系
are circumstances highly in my favour.
都是非常优越的
Consider that it is by no means certain that another offer of marriage may be made to you.
试想一下再也不会有其他人向你求婚了
You cannot be serious in your rejection.
你不可能真的拒绝我
I must attribute it to your wish of
我认为这是你的欲擒故纵
increasingmy love by suspense,
让我更加喜爱你
in the usual manner of elegant females.
就像一般的高贵女性
I assure you, sir,
我向你保证 先生
that I have no pretensions to the kind of elegancewhich consists in tormenting a respectable man.
我绝没有假装优雅 去折磨一个绅士
I thank you for the honour of your proposals,but to accept them is absolutely impossible.
感谢你的求婚 不过我完全不可能接受
My feelings forbid it in every respect.
我在情感上是无法做到的
- Can I speak plainer?
我能说的简单点吗
- You are uniformly charming!
你实在是太迷人了
And I am persuaded that when sanctionedby your excellent parents...
我相信既然你的父母都已同意
..my proposals will not fail of being acceptable.
我的求婚不会失败
Oh, Mr Bennet! You are wanted immediately.
班纳特先生 你得立刻过来
We are all in uproar!
我们一团糟
You must come and make Lizzy marry Mr Collins.
你得让丽斯嫁给柯林斯
She vows she won't have him,
她发誓不和他结婚
and if you don't make haste,
如果你不赶快 柯林斯先生
Mr Collinswill change his mind and won't have her!
就会扭转心意 不要她了
I have not the pleasure of understanding you.Of what are you talking?
我完全没有听懂你在说什么
Of Mr Collins and Lizzy!
柯林斯先生和丽斯
Lizzy declares she will not have Mr Collins,
丽斯申明她不会接受柯林斯
and Mr Collins begins to say he will not have Lizzy!
而柯林斯也准备说自己将不接受丽斯
What am I to do on the occasion?
这种时候我能怎么办呢
It seems a hopeless business.
听上去没有什么希望了
Speak to Lizzy about it yourself!
你去和丽斯说说
Tell her you insist upon her marrying him!
告诉她你坚持这么做
Your father wishes to speak to you.
你父亲要和你谈谈
Come here, my child.
过来 孩子
I understand Mr Collins has made youan offer of marriage.
我知道柯林斯先生向你求婚了
- Is this true? - Yes, sir.
是真的吗 是的
Very well. And this offer of marriageyou have refused?
很好 然后他的求婚被拒绝了
- I have. - I see.
我拒绝了 我了解了
Right, we now come to the point.
好 重点是 你母亲
Your mother insists on your accepting it.
坚持你接受这个求婚
- Is it not so, Mrs Bennet?
我说的对吧 夫人
- Yes, or I will never see her again!
对 否则我再也不要见她
An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth.
一个困难的选择放在你的面前
From this day you must be a strangerto one of your parents.
从今天起 你得和我们之一成为陌路人
Your mother will never see you againif you do not marry Mr Collins.
如果你不嫁给他 你的母亲将不再见你
..I will never see you again if you do.
如果你嫁给他 我就不会再见你
Sit down, Miss Lizzy!I insist upon you marrying Mr Collins!
坐下 丽斯 你一定要嫁给柯林斯先生
- Why, Charlotte, what do you do here?
夏绿蒂 你怎么在这
- I am come to see Elizabeth.
我来找伊丽莎白
Mr Collins has made Lizzy an offer,
刚才柯林斯先生向丽斯求婚
and what do you think? She won't have him!
你想呢 她当然不肯
Then I am very sorry for him,
我真为他遗憾 虽然对此结果
though I couldn't say I'm surprised.
我并不惊讶
Ifyou don't,I will never speak to you again!
如果你不答应我 我从此再也不和你说话
- I won't discuss the matter any longer.
我不想再讨论这件事情了
Mamma's beside herself.He says he won't stay another night.
妈妈很激动 他说他今晚就要走
- I wonder, should I invite him to dine with us?
我想 是否我应该邀请他来用餐
- Aye, do! Do! Take him away and feed him.
去吧 去吧 把他带走 喂饱他
For he's been in high dudgeon all morning!
他整个早晨都在生气
- Oh, Mr Collins! - I am resigned.
柯林斯先生 我收回了
Resignation is never so perfect,
听天由命再好不过了
as when the blessing denied begins to losesomewhat of its value in our estimation.
幸福一旦拒绝就不再值得我们原本的重视
Until tomorrow then, madam.
夫人 明天