傲慢与偏见 Pride and Prejudice 第3集: Episode 3

上映日期: 1,995

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 爱情

导演: 西蒙·兰顿

演员: 科林·费尔斯 / 詹妮弗·艾莉 / 戴维·鲍姆伯 / 苏珊娜·哈克 / 茱莉亚·莎华拉 / 艾莉森·斯戴曼 / 本杰明·惠特罗 / 克里斯平 伯汉姆-卡特 / 露西·布莱尔斯 / 波丽·麦伯利 / 乔


台词
--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://cmct.cc
Lizzy! Jane!
丽斯! 简!
What do you think?
你们怎么看?
Mr Collins has made an offer of marriage to Charlotte Lucas!
柯林斯先生向夏绿蒂·卢卡斯求婚了!
She's accepted him!
她已经接受了!
Charlotte?
夏绿蒂?
Engaged to Mr Collins?
跟柯林斯先生订婚了?
Impossible!
不可能!
The fireplace in the great room at Rosings
罗新斯庄园阔大房间里的壁炉
would be much larger than that.
要比那个大很多
A fireplace of truly prodigious dimensions.
那个壁炉真的颇具规模
But why should you be surprised, my dear Lizzy?
但是你为什么会感到讶异 亲爱的丽斯?
Do you think it incredible that Mr Collins
是不是只因为柯林斯先生
could procure any woman's good opinion,because he didn't succeed with you?
没有获得你的芳心
could procure any woman's good opinion,because he didn't succeed with you?
你就认为他不可能得到
could procure any woman's good opinion,because he didn't succeed with you?
任何女士的好感了?
Charlotte, I didn't mean...
夏绿蒂 我不是说…
I was surprised.
我确实很惊讶
Charlotte, if Mr Collins has been so fortunate
但是夏绿蒂 如果柯林斯先生如此有幸
as to secure your affections,
能得到你的赢得你的芳心
I'm delighted for you both.
我会为你们两个都感到高兴
I see what you are feeling.
我了解你的感受
I'm not romantic, you know.
我并不是浪漫的人 你知道的
I never was. I ask only a comfortable home.
向来不是 我只想要一个舒适的家
And, considering Mr Collins' character and situation in life,
而考虑到柯林斯先生的性格和地位
I'm convinced my chance of happiness with him is as fair as most who enter the marriage state.
我相信我们会像大多数结婚的人一样幸福
My dear Charlotte!
我亲爱的夏绿蒂!
Cousin Elizabeth,
伊丽莎白表妹
you can see before you the happiest of men!
你面前站着的是全世界最幸福的男人
Jane, it was such a humiliating spectacle!
简 那场面真是令人羞辱至极!
She knows she's marrying one of the stupidest men in England.
她确知她要嫁给全英格兰最愚蠢的人之一
I never believed her capable of that.
我从未想过她会这样做
Lizzy, you do not make allowances for differences
丽斯 对于不同的情境和秉性
of situation and temper.
你可不能妄下定论
Our cousin Mr Collins
我们的表哥柯林斯先生
is not the cleverest of men,perhaps, but he is respectable.
或许不是最聪明的人 但他也算是体面的
He is not vicious, and as far as fortune goes,
他又没有臭名昭著 而且就他的财产而言
it's an eligible match.
这还算是一桩合意的亲事
Very eligible! You wouldn't think of marrying a
十分合意! 你不会只为了自己的舒适
man like that, simply to secure your own comfort
而嫁给那样一个男人的
No, but Lizzy, not everyone is the same.
我不会 但是丽斯 人各有志
Dear Jane!
亲爱的简
I doubt that you will have to make a choice
我怀疑你今后将不得不在
between marrying for love and marrying
出于爱情的婚姻
for more material considerations.
以及出于物质考虑的婚姻之间做个抉择
Though you may, perhaps?
可能你也会 不是吗?
This came just now from Netherfield, ma'am. Thank you.
刚刚从尼日斐送来的信 小姐 谢谢
It's from Caroline Bingley.
是卡罗琳·宾利写来的
She writes...
她说…
..that the whole party will have left Netherfield by now,
此刻她们所有人应该已经离开了尼日斐
for London.
前往伦敦
And without any intention of coming back again.
而且并无打算再回来
Charles first thought that his
我的哥哥查尔斯一开始
business in London would only take a few days,
认为他在伦敦的事务几天之内就能结束
but we're certain that this cannot be so.
但我们确信这没有可能
I am convinced that when Charles gets to town,
我相信查尔斯一旦进城
he will be in no hurry to leave it again.
就不会急于离开
I do not pretend to regret anything I shall leave in Hertfordshire,
我不愿假装我会留恋在哈福德郡的一切
my dearest friend,
我亲爱的朋友
except your society.
除了你的友谊之外
Mr Darcy, of course, is impatient to see his sister.
达西先生当然等不及去探望他的妹妹
And to confess the truth,
而实话实说
I'm scarcely less eager to meet her again,
我也一样迫不及待想要见到她
from the hope I dare to entertain of her being hereafter...
因为我正期待她将来也会成为…
my sister.
我的妹妹
Am I wrong, my dearestJane,
我错了吗 我亲爱的简
in indulging the hope of an event
如此热切地盼望这件
which would secure the happiness of so many?
会使许多人幸福的大事?
Is it not clear enough?
这还不够清楚吗?
Caroline Bingley believes her brother
卡罗琳·宾利认为他的哥哥
is indifferent to me and she means to put me on my guard.
对我毫无情意
is indifferent to me and she means to put me on my guard.
并饱含善意地试图让我清醒过来
Can there be any other opinion on the subject?
哦 丽斯
Can there be any other opinion on the subject?
这件事难道还能有其他的解释方法吗?
Yes, there can!
是啊有的
Miss Bingley sees that her brother is in love with you,
宾利小姐看出她的哥哥爱上了你
and she wants him to marry Miss Darcy.
而她想让他迎娶达西小姐
She hopes to keep him in town
她想把他困在城里
and persuade you that he does not care about you.
并说服你他对你毫不在乎
Indeed, Jane, you ought to believe me.
真的 简 你应该相信我
No one who has seen you and Bingley together
所有见过你跟宾利先生在一起的人
can doubt his affection.
都不会怀疑他对你的感情
I cannot believe Caroline is capable of wilful deceit.
我不相信卡罗琳会有意欺骗我
All I can hope for is that she is deceived herself.
我只能相信她自己也是受到了蒙蔽
Believe her to be deceived, by all means,
那就相信她也是被蒙蔽的吧 没有问题
but she can hardly convince a man so much in love
但是她也无法说服一个陷入爱情
that he's in love with someone else instead!
如此之深的人他其实爱着别人!
If Bingley is not back by your side and dining at Longbourn within two weeks,
如果在两星期内
If Bingley is not back by your side and dining at Longbourn within two weeks,
宾利还没有回到你的身边
If Bingley is not back by your side and dining at Longbourn within two weeks,
并与你在浪博恩共进晚餐的话
I shall be very much surprised.
我可要大吃一惊了
I don't envy Charlotte in the slightest!
我一点也不嫉妒夏绿蒂
Fancy marrying a clergyman!
谁会想嫁给一个牧师
He'll read from Fordyce's sermons every night.
他每晚都会念弗迪斯的布道词
Before they go to bed!
在他们上床睡觉之前!
Look at that hideous cloth!
看看这块丑陋的布料
It would do very well for Mary.
会很适合玛丽的 不是吗?
Look! There's Denny and Carter.
看哪! 是丹尼和卡特
And Wickham!
还有韦翰!
I suppose you'll keep him all to yourself again?
我猜你又要霸占着韦翰了吧 丽斯?
Of course. She's violently in love with him!
她当然会 她都爱他爱的死去活来了!
For heaven's sake, lower your voice.
看在上帝的份上 小点声
Good afternoon to you, Ladies!
下午好 女士们!
How fortunate!
真是太幸运了!
We were going to Longbourn in search of you.
我们正要到浪博恩去找你们呢
We came into town in search of you!
我们是来镇上找你们的!
We hoped we would see you at the Netherfield ball.
我们还期待能在尼日斐的舞会上见到你呢
I was very sorry to lose the pleasure of dancing with you.
而要失去与你共舞的机会
I was very sorry to lose the pleasure of dancing with you.
我同样万分遗憾
But fate, it would seem...
但是似乎是命运的安排…
No. With you I must be entirely open.
不 对你我必须开诚布公
I decided that it would be wrong for me to be there.
我认为我不该去的
I found that I had better not meet with Mr Darcy.
我发觉我还是不要碰见达西先生为妙
Scenes might arise unpleasant to more than myself.
场面会使大家都不愉快
I understand and admire your forbearance.
我很理解 同时也很赞赏你的耐力
Not that it would give me a moment's concern
并不是我会在意看到达西先生
to see Mr Darcy publicly set down,
在大家面前难堪
but in Mr Bingley's house...
而那是在宾利先生的屋子里…
It would grieve me to see him embarrassed and discomfited.
看到他难堪我也会很难过的
And through him, your sister.
看到他难堪 你的姐姐也会难过
Yes.
是啊
I hear Mr Collins is engaged to be married.
我听说柯林斯先生已经订婚了
Yes, to my good friend Charlotte Lucas.
是啊
Yes, to my good friend Charlotte Lucas.
跟我的好朋友夏绿蒂·卢卡斯订了婚
I had thought that his intentions tended in another direction.
我还以为他另有打算呢
Perhaps they did, but they took a little turn,
可能是吧 但是他做了点改变
to everybody's satisfaction.
而最终皆大欢喜
And relief.
也大松一口气
I hope that you will stay and take tea with us.
我希望你能留下来跟我们喝茶
I should like to introduce you to my mother and father.
我想把你介绍给我的父母
Thank you.
谢谢
Denny!
丹尼!
Oh, young George Wickham
哦 小乔治·韦翰
is such a charming young man,
可真是个魅力四射的小伙子
is he not, my dear?
不是吗 亲爱的?
What? Oh, indeed he is.
什么? 哦 他当然是
It was very good of him to entertain us
他能如此绘声绘色地
so eloquently with stories about his misfortunes.
跟我们讲述他的不幸真是太棒了
With such narratives to hand,
手边有如此扣人心弦的故事
who would read novels?
谁还会去读小说呢?
But I believe he has been treated
但是我觉得达西先生对于
contemptibly by Mr Darcy, father.
他的所作所为实在让人嗤之以鼻 父亲
I dare say he has.
我敢说确实如此
Though Darcy may be no more of a blackhearted villain
只是达西在你眼中可能是一个黑心的恶棍
than your average rich man, used to his own way.
而不仅仅是普通的我行我素的富人
It behoves us all to take very careful thought
我们每个人在对周遭的人进行恶评之前
before pronouncing an adverse judgement on any of our fellow men.
都应该经过谨慎的考虑
Lord!
天哪!
I feel very sorry for poor Mr Wickham.
我很同情不幸的韦翰先生
And so becoming in his regimentals!
他穿制服又是如此合身!
I remember the time when I liked a red coat myself well enough.
我还记得我曾经也对红色的制服情有独钟
And I do still in my heart.
在内心深处我还依然钟情着呢
And there's no need to smile like that, Miss Lizzy!
你没有必要笑得那么开心 丽斯小姐!
Though Mr Wickham has taken a fancy to you,
就算韦翰先生确实喜欢你
I'm sure you've done nothing to deserve it,
我也确信你没有做什么相称的事情
after your dealings with Mr Collins!
看看你是怎么对柯林斯先生的!
Well, it is all in vain, it will all come to nothing!
都是白费力气 最后都是竹篮打水!
The poor young man!
可怜的年轻人
If only he had five or six thousand a year,
如果他一年能有五六千英镑
I'd be happy to see
我会很高兴看到
him marry any of the girls!
他娶我的任何一个女儿的!
But nothing turns out the way it should.
但是事情总是不尽如人意
And now Mr Bingley,
现在宾利先生
of whom we all had such expectations,
我们都寄予如此厚望的一个人
is gone off forever!
又永远离开了!
What?
什么?
I've heard again from Caroline Bingley.
我又收到了卡罗琳·宾利的来信
It's now definite that they will stay in town
现在他们已经确认
for the whole winter.
整个冬天都要呆在城里了
I cannot believe it.
真是难以置信
It is true.
但千真万确
Come now, Jane, take comfort.
来吧 简 别太伤心
Next to being married,
除了婚姻以外
a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.
女孩们还都喜欢为爱情烦恼
When is it your turn, Lizzy?
什么时候轮到你呢 丽斯?
You can't be long outdone by Jane,
你可不会愿意被简远远胜过
when here are officers enough in Meryton
现在在麦里屯的军官
to disappoint all the young ladies in the country.
可足够让全英国的女孩们都为其心碎
Let Wickham be your man.
就让韦翰做你的男人吧
He's a pleasant fellow.
他是个让人愉快的小伙子
He would jilt you creditably.
他一定会抛弃你的
Thank you, sir,
谢谢 先生
but a less agreeable man would do.
但不那么愉快的人对我来说就足够了
We must not all expect Jane's good fortune.
我们不能都指望有简那样的好运
True,
没错
but it is a comfort to think...that whatever of that kind may befall you,
但是一想到无论你找到什么样的男人
you have an affectionate mother
你那多愁善感的母亲都能物尽其用
who will always make the most of it.
真是令人宽慰
I don't know what will become of us all,indeed I do not!
我不知道我们最后会怎样 我真的不知道!
And I cannot bear to think of
而我根本无法想象
Charlotte Lucas being mistress of this house!
夏绿蒂·卢卡斯成为这座房子的女主人!
That I should be forced to make way for her,
我则被迫要让位于她
and see her take my place!
眼睁睁地看着她取代我的位置!
My dear, don't give way to such gloomy thoughts.
亲爱的 不要总是想着这些郁闷的事情
Let us hope for better things.
我们还是期待明天会更好吧
Let us flatter ourselves that I might outlive you.
我们还是企盼我能比你多活几年吧
You mustn't be anxious for me, Lizzy.
你不用太担心我了 丽斯
He will be forgot,
我会淡忘掉他的
and we shall all be as we were before.
一切都会回归原貌
But, I may remember him as...
但是 我可能会把他当作
..the most amiable man
我认识的最可亲的一位绅士
of my acquaintance.
留在我的记忆里
That is all.
仅此而已
I have nothing either to hope or fear...
我没有希望 也谈不上害怕
..and nothing to reproach him with.
也没有什么好责怪他的
At least I have not had that pain.
至少我没有如何痛苦
My dear Jane.
我亲爱的简
You're too good.
你太善良了
Your sweetness and disinterestedness are truly angelic.
你的温和以及无私就如天使一般
Don't tease me, Lizzy.
别取笑我了 丽斯
Indeed I do not tease you.
我真的没有取笑你
There are few people whom I really love,
我所爱的人并不多
and even fewer of whom I think well.
我认定是好人的人为数更少
The more I see of the world,
经历的世事越多
the more I am dissatisfied with it.
我就对世界越不满意
Jane, what if you were to go to town?
简 你为什么不去城里?
Aunt and Uncle Gardiner would gladly take you
嘉丁纳舅父母会很高兴
with them to Gracechurch Street after Christmas.
在圣诞节之后带你去天恩寺街的
Why would you have me go to London, Lizzy?
你为什么想让我去 丽斯?
No reason.
没什么理由
A change of scene and society?
换换环境?
Why are you so late?
你们怎么这么晚?
I'm sure I feared your coach had overset itself,
我还担心你们的马车翻了
or you had been attacked by robbers!
或是半路被劫匪抢了呢!
Nonsense, we made good time.
别乱想了 我们旅途很愉快
How do you do, Fanny?
近来可好 范尼?
Very ill, Edward.
很不好 爱德华
No one knows what I suffer with my nerves.
没人能理解我的神经承受了多少东西
But then I never complain.
而我从不抱怨
That's the best way, Fanny. You're very good.
这样最好了 范尼 你真善良
Have you brought us some presents?
你有给我们带礼物吗?
I see you've not changed, Lydia.
看来你一点也没变 莉迪亚
Why, have I not grown?
为什么 我没长大么?
Aye, in everything but good sense.
人是长大了 智商没有
Lizzy!
丽斯!
Get yourselves in, get yourselves in,
快请进吧 快请进吧
for you have barely time for a change of clothes!
不然你们连更衣的时间都快没有了!
We are bidden to the Philips' this evening.
我们今晚被邀请到菲利普家作客
I have no desire to be going here and there at night.
老天有眼 我可不喜欢在晚上跑来跑去
I should much rather sit at home
我宁愿坐在家里
and rest my poor nerves.
让我可怜的神经休息一下
# God rest ye merry gentlemen,Let nothing you dismay,
主护佑你幸福 先生 勿为世事沮丧
# Remember Christ our Saviour Was born on Christmas Day,
记得基督 我们的救世主 诞生于圣诞节
# To save us all from Satan's pow'r...
从撒旦的权势中拯救了我们...
Aye, poor Jane.
是啊可怜的简
I would not have you think I blame poor Jane at all!
我可一点责备简的意思都没有
Who could blame poor Jane for the matter?
在这件事上谁能怪可怜的简呢?
She is the dearest girl in the world!
她可是世界上最可爱的女孩了
I was telling our dear sister,
我刚刚正跟我们亲爱的姐姐
Mrs Gardiner,she did her best.
嘉丁纳太太说这件事呢 她已经尽力了
She would have got Bingley if she could.
如果她可以的话 她早该得到宾利了
She did her best, and no one could do more.
她已经尽力了 没人能做的更多了
But, oh, sister, when I think about Lizzy!
但是 哦 姐姐 我每次一想到丽斯…
It must be very hard, sister.
那一定十分难过吧 妹妹
It is very hard.
确实十分难过
She could have been Mr Collins' wife by now!
她本来都可以成为柯林斯先生的妻子了!
That would have given you such comfort!
那会让你多欣慰啊
Oh, those Lucases are such artful people indeed.
哦 卢卡斯一家人可真是诡计多端
They are all for what they can get!
她们为了目标可以不择手段!
However, your coming just at this time is the greatest of comforts.
无论如何 你们现在能来真是莫大的安慰
And we are very pleased to hear what you tell us about the latest fashions for long sleeves.
我真高兴你们告诉我们现在正时兴长袖
May I present Mr Wickham to you, Aunt?
我能向您介绍韦翰先生吗 舅母?
I understand you come from Derbyshire,Mr Wickham.
我听说你是从德贝郡来的 韦翰先生
Indeed I do, ma'am. Do you know the country?
我确实是的 夫人 您对哪里熟吗?
Very well.
非常熟
I spent some of the happiest years of my life
我在Lambton度过了我生命中
at Lambton.
最快乐的一段时光
Not five miles from where I grew up,
那儿离彭伯里庄园不足五英里
at Pemberley!
我是在那庄园长大的!
Pemberley! Surely it is the most handsome house in Derbyshire,
彭伯里! 它必定是德贝郡最漂亮的庄园了
and consequently in the world!
甚至在世界上都是
I see you take my view of things, ma'am.
看来您和我看法相同 夫人
Are you acquainted with the family?
您与居住在那里的家庭相熟吗?
No.
不 完全不认识
I had the good fortune to be the prot of old Mr Darcy.
我曾很有幸做过达西先生的门生
He was the very best of men.I wish you'd known him.
他可是最好的人 我真希望您能认识他
And a four on yours, and I'm out!
你还有张四点 我出完了!
Lord, I've won again!
天哪 我又赢了!
Let's have some dancing now. I long for a dance!
我们来跳下舞吧 我太想跳舞了
Mary!
玛丽!
Mary, play Grimstock.
玛丽 弹Grimstock
Capital! Capital!
太棒了! 太棒了!
Fine girls, are they not, Mr Gardiner?
真是好女孩 不是吗 嘉丁纳先生?
Indeed they are, Sir William.
千真万确 威廉爵士
The two eldest in particular, perhaps?
特别是最年长的那两个 不是吗?
Indeed, indeed.
没错 没错
They would grace the court of St. James itself!
我想她们真是让圣詹姆斯大放光彩啊
But let's not forget the younger Miss Bennets!
但我们别忘了年轻些的班纳特小姐们
Aye, they have arms and legs enough between them,
是啊她们的伴是够多了
and are three of the silliest girls in England.
真是全英格兰最傻的三个女孩
When do you go into Kent?
你什么时候去肯特?
We shall spend the wedding night at Lucas Lodge,
我们会在卢卡斯庄园度过新婚之夜
and then travel to Hunsford on Friday.
之后会在星期五去汉斯福
You will write to me, Lizzy?
你会给我写信的吧 丽斯?
I believe I am not likely to leave Kent for some time.
我想我一段时间内都无法从肯特脱开身了
I shall depend on hearing from you very often.
我渴望经常收到你的来信
That you certainly shall.
你一定会的
My father and Maria are to come to me in March.
我的父亲和玛丽亚三月会来看我
Lizzy, will you promise to be one of the party?
丽斯 你能答应我你会一起来吗?
You will be as welcome as either of them.
你会与他们一样受到热诚接待的
Then how could I refuse?
那我又怎么能拒绝呢?
But I'll only come if you guarantee me a glimpse
但是你一定得答应我带我去
of the famous chimney piece at Rosings Park!
看看罗新斯庄园那著名的壁炉才行!
That you could scarcely avoid,even if you wished to!
我想你就算想不看都不成呢!
Charlotte!
夏绿蒂!
Have you asked her? Is she to come to Hunsford with us?
你问她了吗? 她会跟我们一起去汉斯福吗?
Yes. Good!
没错 太好了!
I shan't be half so frightened
如果你跟我们同行
of Lady Catherine if you are with us,
我就不会那么害怕见到凯瑟琳夫人了
Lizzy!
丽斯!
Who is that girl dancing with Mr Wickham?
那个跟韦翰先生跳舞的女孩是谁?
Her name is Mary King.
她叫玛丽·金
She's come to stay with her uncle in Meryton.
她是来麦里屯探望她的舅父的
She's not very pretty, is she?
她并不怎么好看 不是吗?
Beauty is not the only virtue, Maria.
相貌可不是唯一的优点 玛丽亚
She's just inherited a fortune of 10,000 pounds,I understand.
我听说她刚刚继承了一万英镑的遗产
Now that is a definite virtue!
这可绝对算是个优点了!
It is very hard.
真是太让人难受了
And I feel sorry for Lizzy, because she's done little to deserve it.
我为丽斯感到十分难过 这样对她不公平
For Wickham to pursue Miss King all the way to Barnet,
韦翰 居然一路跟从金小姐到巴那特
just for her 10,000 pounds!
就只为了她那一万英镑!
I wish someone would die and leave me 10,000 pounds.
我真希望有人也能留给我一万英镑的遗产
Then all the officers would love me!
那所有的军官肯定都会爱上我的
I'm sure they would, Kitty dear.
对此我毫无异议 吉蒂 亲爱的
Did you think her pretty, mamma?
你觉得她漂亮吗 妈妈?
No indeed, she has nothing to any of you.
毫无姿色 她比你们都差远了
A little short freckled thing!
身材矮小满脸雀斑!
Poor Wickham. How he must be suffering.
可怜的韦翰 他一定受够了
January the 12th.
一月十二日
My dearest Lizzy,
我最爱的丽斯
here we continue at Gracechurch Street to be quiet and comfortable.
我们继续在宁静舒适的天恩寺街上生活着
Aunt and Uncle could not be kinder or more attentive.
舅父母都对我嘘寒问暖 无微不至
All I lack here, dear Lizzy,
我在这儿所缺少的 亲爱的丽斯
is you,to make me laugh at myself.
只有你 不在这里让我清醒自嘲
Three weeks ago,
三周前
when our Aunt was going to that part of town,
我们的舅母去了市区的那一片地方
I took the opportunity of calling on Miss Bingley in Grosvenor Street.
我乘机到格鲁斯汶纳街去拜访了宾利小姐
I was very eager to see Caroline again.
我迫不及待想再次见到卡罗琳
And I thought she was glad to see me,
并想当然地认为她也会高兴见到我
though a little out of spirits.
虽然有些闷闷不乐
She reproached me for giving her no notice of my coming to London,
她依旧责备了我不提前通知她我会去伦敦
and I thought it very strange
我感到很诧异
that both my letters should have gone astray.
我写的两封信居然都会被寄失
Very strange indeed.
确实让人诧异
My visit was not long,
我的拜访并不长
as Caroline and Mrs Hurst were going out.
因为卡罗琳和赫斯脱夫人正要出门
Goodbye, Miss Bennet.
再会 班纳特小姐
They promised to call at Gracechurch Street in a day or two.
但是他们答应一两天内
They promised to call at Gracechurch Street in a day or two.
会来天恩寺街拜访我
I waited at home every morning for three weeks,
我连续三周 每天早晨都在家里等待着
and at length, today she came.
终于 她今天来了
I know, my dear Lizzy,
亲爱的丽斯
you will be incapable of triumphing at my expense,
我知道你不会因为我的不幸而嘲笑我
when I confess
所以我要坦白
I have been entirely deceived in Miss Bingley's regard for me.
我完全误解了宾利小姐对我的看法
She made it very evident that she took no pleasure in seeing me.
她表现得很明显 她见到我并不高兴
When I asked after her brother,
当我问到她的哥哥时
she made it clear that he knows of my being in town,
她很明确地告诉我他知道我在伦敦
but is much engaged at present with Mr Darcy
但他此刻正同达西先生
and his sister.
以及他的妹妹打得火热
I must conclude then,
我只能得出这样的结论
that Mr Bingley now no longer cares for me.
就是宾利先生现在已经完全不在意我了
Lizzy! Come quick! Denny and Carter are here.
丽斯! 快来! 丹尼和卡特来了
And guess who else? Wickham!
猜猜还有谁? 韦翰!
I heard you were going into Kent.
我听说你要去肯特
I felt I could not let you go without calling to see you once.
我想你走之前一定要来拜访你一次
I'm very glad you did.I've missed our conversations.
我很高兴你来了 我很怀念我们的交谈
I hear I am to congratulate you on your forthcoming betrothal to Miss King?
我想我应该恭喜你跟King小姐订婚了?
You must despise me.
你一定很看不起我
Indeed I do not! I understand,
完全没有 相信我
as my younger sisters are not yet able to,
或许我的妹妹们还无法理解 但我能
that handsome young men must have something to live on,
无论是相貌平淡或是相貌出众的男人
as well as the plain ones.
都需要维持生计
Miss Bennet...
班纳特小姐…
..I would wish you to believe me that...
…我希望你相信我…
had circumstances been different...
如果情形不同的话…
Had old Mr Darcy never had a son.
如果老达西先生从来没有过儿子的话
Oh, yes.
哦 是啊
But life is full of these trials,as my sister Mary reminds us daily.
但是正如我的妹妹玛丽
But life is full of these trials,as my sister Mary reminds us daily.
每天提醒我们的那样
But life is full of these trials,as my sister Mary reminds us daily.
生命每天都充满着判决
I sincerely wish you every happiness in the world.
我忠诚地祝愿你快乐幸福
You are very forbearing. I flatter myself I am!
你真宽容 我想我是的!
I think Jane would be quite proud of me.
我想简会为我骄傲的
I hope you and I, at least,will always be good friends.
我希望至少我跟你还能一直做好朋友
I'm sure we shall, Mr Wickham.
我想我们会的 韦翰先生
Well, Lizzy, on pleasure bent again.
好吧 丽斯 又乐不可支了
Never a thought of what your poor parents
从没想过你要离开了
will suffer in your absence?
你可怜的父母会多痛苦?
It is a pleasure I could well forego, father,as I think you know.
很幸运 我其实十分清楚 我想你也知道
But I shall be happy to see Charlotte.
但是能再见到夏绿蒂我会很开心的
What of your cousin Mr Collins
那见到你的表哥柯林斯先生
and the famous Lady Catherine de Bourgh?
还有著名的凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人呢?
As a connoisseur of human folly,
作为一个蠢人的鉴赏家
I thought you impatient
我想你应该已经迫不及待
to be savouring these delights.
要享受这种快乐了吧
Of some delights, I believe, sir,a little goes a long way.
先生 我相信有些快乐是细水长流的
Yes. Well, think of me, Lizzy.
是啊好吧 想想我吧 丽斯
Until you or your sister Jane return,
在你或者你的姐姐简回来之前
I shall not hear two words of sense spoken together.
我都听不到一句正常的话了
You'll be very much missed, my dear.
我会很想念你的 亲爱的
Very well, very well.Go along then. Get along with you.
很好 很好 那走吧 快走吧
Aye, Maria.
是啊玛丽亚
All that land to the left of us
我们左手边能看到的一切
belongs to Rosings Park.
都是罗新斯庄园的
All of it? Oh, Lady Catherine must be very rich indeed!
全部? 哦 凯瑟琳夫人一定十分富有!
I believe so, I believe so!
我相信如此 我相信如此!
And she has many favours in her gift.
她又送了许多贵重的礼物
Your sister has made a fortunate alliance!
你的姐姐真是找到了一门好亲事!
Yes, well,
嗯 好了
I believe the next turn takes us on to Hunsford.
我想再转一个弯就该到汉斯福了
Sir William! Maria!
威廉爵士! 玛丽亚!
Cousin Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白表妹
I am truly honoured to be able to welcome you to my humble abode!
你们能光临敝宅 我真是不胜荣幸
My dear Sir!
亲爱的威廉爵士
My dear Mr Collins!
亲爱的柯林斯先生
I am deeply honoured to make a humble welcome to the Parsonage...
请允许我诚挚地欢迎您来访...
I am happy to see you, Elizabeth. And I you.
见到你太好了 伊丽莎白 我也一样
The staircase, I flatter myself, is eminently
这楼梯 如果不介意我这样说的话
suitable for a clergyman in my position,
对于我这样的牧师来说再适合不过了
being neither too shallow nor too steep.
不陡不平 恰到好处
As serviceable a staircase as I've ever seen, sir.
先生 在我见过的所有楼梯中
At St. James' Court...
在圣詹姆斯庄园...
Though it is nothing to the staircases
当然 这与您将在罗新斯庄园
you will see at Rosings.
见到的那些楼梯相比 简直不值一提
I say staircases, because there are several,
我说"那些楼梯" 是因为那儿有很多楼梯
and each in its way very fine.
而且各有千秋
And here, if you would permit me,cousin Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白表妹 如果你允许 可否过来一下
This will be your bedchamber,while you are with us.
这就是你在这儿的卧室了
And I trust you will find it comfortable and convenient.
我相信你会觉得这儿舒适而且便利
Indeed it is a very pleasant room.
这确实是一件很不错的卧室
Observe that closet, cousin Elizabeth.
看看那个衣橱 伊丽莎白表妹
What do you say to that? Well...
你觉得如何? 嗯...
Is it not the very essence of practicality and convenience?
这难道不正是实用与便捷的体现吗?
Lady Catherine de Bourgh herself was kind enough
凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人
to suggest that these shelves be fitted.
亲自建议这样装上这些隔板
Shelves in the closet... Happy thought indeed.
在衣橱里加装隔板... 确实很有创意
She is kindness itself. Nothing is too small
她真是善良的化身 热心热肠
to be beneath her notice, is it not, my dear?
无微不至 不是吗 亲爱的?
She is a very attentive neighbour.
她确实是个很有心的邻居
We dine at Rosings Park twice every week!
我们每周会在罗新斯庄园用餐两次!
And are never allowed to walk home.
她还从不让我们步行回家
That is generosity itself, is it not, Maria?
真是慷慨至极 不是吗 玛丽亚?
Her ladyship's carriage is regularly ordered for us.
夫人自己的马车总是让给我们使用
I should say one of her ladyship's carriages,
不不 应该说是夫人的一架马车
for she has several.
因为她有许多架
And now, Sir William,
接下来 威廉爵士
you were kind enough to express a wish to see my gardens.
您提出要看看我的花园实在是太有心了
Mr Collins tends the gardens himself,
柯林斯先生亲自打理花园
and spends a good part of every day in them.
每天都花不少心思在上面
The exercise must be beneficial. Oh, yes.
这样也挺有益的 哦 是啊
I encourage him to be in his garden as much as possible.
我鼓励他尽量多呆在花园里
And he has to walk to Rosings nearly every day.
然后他几乎每天都得走去罗新斯庄园一趟
So often? Is that necessary?
那么频繁? 有必要么?
Perhaps not,
可能不必吧
but I confess I encourage him in that as well.
但我必须承认我也鼓励他多去
Walking is very beneficial exercise. Oh, indeed it is.
步行对身体很有好处 哦 毫无疑问
When he's in the house,he is mostly in his book room,
他在家的时候 也大多都呆在书房里
which affords a good view of the road,
书房可以看到马路
whenever Lady Catherine's carriage should drive by.
也便于他观察凯瑟琳夫人是否经过
And you prefer to sit in this parlour? Yes.
你宁愿坐在客厅里? 是的
So, it often happens that a whole day passes
所以 经常是一整天过去了
in which we haven't spent more than a few minutes in each other's company.
我们都不会在一起呆上几分钟
I see.
我了解了
I find that I can bear the solitude very cheerfully.
我发现我能很愉悦地接受这样的孤独
I find myself...
我觉得我...
..quite content with my situation, Lizzy.
非常安于现状 丽斯
Charlotte, come quickly! What is it?
夏绿蒂 亲爱的 快来! 怎么了?
Lizzy! Lizzy!
丽斯! 丽斯!
Come into the dining room.There's such a sight to be seen! Make haste!
到客厅来! 真是叹为观止! 快来!
Look, Lizzy, look!
看啊丽斯 看啊!
Is this all? I expected the pigs had got into the garden!
仅此而已? 我还以为猪闯进花园里去了呢
Here's only Lady Catherine and her daughter.
只是凯瑟琳夫人和她的女儿而已嘛
No, that's old Mrs Jenkinson.
不 丽斯 那是姜金森太太
No, that's old Mrs Jenkinson.
不是凯瑟琳夫人
With her is Miss Anne de Bourgh!
跟她一起的是安·德·包尔小姐
She's rude to keep Charlotte out in this wind!
这么大的风还要夏绿蒂呆在门外
She's rude to keep Charlotte out in this wind!
太无礼了
What a little creature she is!
她身材多么瘦弱啊!
I like her appearance.
我倒挺喜欢她的样子
She looks sickly and cross.Yes, she will do very well.
她看来孱弱并且愠怒 没错 她挺合适的
She'll make him a proper wife.
挺合适做他的妻子
Who, Lizzy?
你在说谁呢 丽斯?
Mark the windows.
注意看看那些窗户
There are 64 in all. 64!
一共有六十四扇! 六十四扇!
And I have it on good authority that the glazing
我可以很负责任的说
alone originally cost in excess of 600 pounds!
光是装上去就花了不止六百英镑呢!
It's a very handsome building,and prettily situated, sir.
房子确实十分漂亮 方位也很好 先生
And by no means lacking in windows.
而且很明显不缺窗户
Do not make yourself uneasy, my dear cousin,
亲爱的表妹
about your apparel.
千万不要为你的穿着感到难堪
Lady Catherine is far from requiring that elegance of dress,
凯瑟琳夫人从不追求华丽的衣着
which becomes herself and her daughter.
她跟她的女儿穿着都很朴素
She won't think the worse of you for being simply dressed.
她不会因为你衣着简单而怪罪于你的
She likes to preserve the distinction of rank.
她喜欢保持等级上的区别
Thank you, Mr Collins, that is a great comfort.
谢谢 柯林斯先生 真是令人欣慰
An apothecary will serve your needs quite adequately.
找个药剂师是再合适不过了
Make sure it be no one but Nicholson, Mrs Collins.
但是你要确定只找Nicholson 柯林斯夫人
I shall be extremely angry if I hear you have gone elsewhere.
如果你去找别人 我会大为光火的
I have no intention to, Lady Catherine.
我保证我绝无此意 凯瑟琳夫人
No indeed. No intention at all.
绝无此意 丝毫没有
Well.
很好
Your friend appears to be quite a genteel pretty sort of girl, Mrs Collins.
你的朋友看来很温柔和婉嘛 柯林斯小姐
Her father's estate is entailed on Mr Collins,I understand.
听说她父亲的产业将由柯林斯先生继承?
Yes, ma'am, and I am, believe me...
是的 夫人 请您相信我 我会...
Do you have brothers and sisters, Miss Bennet?
你有兄弟姐妹吗 班纳特小姐?
Yes, ma'am, I am the second of five sisters.
有 夫人 我在五个女儿中排行第二
Are any of your younger sisters out?
你有妹妹涉足交际圈吗?
Yes, ma'am, all of them. All?
有 夫人 全部都涉足了 全部?
What? All five out at once?
什么? 五姐妹同时涉足交际圈?
The younger ones out before the older are married?
姐姐还没嫁人 妹妹就涉足交际了?
Your youngest sisters must be very young?
你的妹妹们一定都还很小吧?
Yes, ma'am, my youngest is not sixteen.
是啊夫人 我最小的妹妹还不到十六岁
Well!
好吧
She is full young to be out much in company.
她涉足交际圈 或许确实嫌小了一些
But really, ma'am, I think it would be hard upon younger sisters,
但是 夫人 我觉得做妹妹的也很痛苦
that they not have their share of society and amusement,
她们都不能拥有社交和娱乐
simply because their elder sisters have not the means or inclination to marry early.
仅仅是因为她们的姐姐们没有早嫁
Sir William, wouldn't you agree?
威廉爵士您难道不赞同么?
Well... Upon my word!
呃... 真想不到
You give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person!
年纪轻轻 倒挺有主见!
Pray, what is your age?
请问你今年多大了?
With three younger sisters grown up,
我已经有了三个成年的妹妹
your ladyship can hardly expect me to own it.
您不会真的指望我说出来吧
Miss Bennet, you cannot be more than twenty,I am sure.
班纳特小姐 你绝对不过二十 我很确定
Therefore there is no need to conceal your age!
因此根本没有必要隐瞒你的年龄吧!
I am not one and twenty.
我不到二十一岁
Mrs Collins, did I tell you
柯林斯夫人 我有没有告诉过你
of Lady Metcalf's calling on me yesterday
麦特卡尔夫人昨天来拜访了我
to thank me for sending her Miss Pope?
感谢我向她介绍蒲白小姐?
''Lady Catherine,'' said she,
''凯瑟琳夫人'' 她说
''you have given me a treasure.'' Yes!
''你真是给了我一份无价之宝'' 诚然!
Yes.
诚然
It is beautiful.
景色真好
I could grow almost as fond of these woods and hills as you have.
我想我也能跟你一样爱上这些森林跟山丘
Lizzy?
丽斯?
We have been here three weeks,
我们已经来了三周了
and already we have dined at Rosings Park
而且我们已经在罗新斯庄园
six times!
进餐过六次了!
I would never have expected it to be so many!
我从没想到会有这么多次呢!
No, nor I.
是啊我也想不到
My dear!
亲爱的!
Maria! Cousin Elizabeth!
玛丽亚! 伊丽莎白表妹!
Mr Darcy is arrived at Rosings!
达西先生到罗新斯庄园了!
And with him his cousin, Colonel Fitzwilliam!
同行的还有他的表兄费茨威廉上校!
The younger son of the Earl of Matlock!
马特洛克伯爵的小儿子!
They have vouchsafed us the greatest honour.They are coming to call upon us!
他们正要来拜访我们 实在是莫大的荣幸!
When, my dear?
什么时候来 亲爱的?
Even now, Mrs Collins!
现在就来了 柯林斯夫人 现在!
They're hard upon my heels! Make haste!
他们随后就要到了 动作快点!
This must be due to you.
我想是托了你的福 丽斯
Mr Darcy wouldn't come so soon to wait upon me.
达西先生可不会这么早早地来等着我
You're mistaken,
你弄错了 夏绿蒂
for he dislikes me as much as I do him.
我知道我们两个都互相厌恶
Make haste! Make haste!
快点! 快点!
Delighted to make your acquaintance at last!
很高兴终于见到你了 班纳特小姐!
At last, sir?
"终于"? 先生
I've heard much of you,
对你我已经听闻甚久了
and the praise hasn't been exaggerated.
我可以保证对于你的赞扬毫不夸张
I can well believe that.Mr Darcy is my severest critic.
毋庸置疑 达西先生对我可是指责有加
I hope we shall see you frequently at Rosings.
我希望我们在罗新斯的时候
I hope we shall see you frequently at Rosings.
可以经常见到你
I'm fond of lively conversation.
我很喜欢热烈的交谈
This you do not find at Rosings Park?
难道罗新斯庄园没人跟你交谈?
My aunt does talk a great deal,but seldom requires a response.
我姨母倒是挺能说 但从来不要求人回答
My friend speaks hardly a word when he comes into Kent,
我的朋友到肯特来就一言不发
though he's lively in other places.
在别处倒是谈笑风生
Nobody plays, nobody sings.
没人演奏 也没人唱歌
I believe you play and sing?
听说你既能演奏也能唱歌?
A little, and very ill.
会一点 但是很不像样
I wouldn't wish to excite your anticipation.
必定会让你大失所望的
I'm sure you're too modest.
我肯定你是过于自谦了
Any relief would be profoundly welcome.
实际上任何表演我都十分欢迎
Can you tell me why Mr Darcy keeps staring at me?
你能告诉我达西先生一直死盯着我吗?
What do you think offends him?
我哪里冒犯到他了?
I hope your family is in good health.
我希望你家人都身体安康
I thank you, yes.
家人都安好 谢谢
My sister has been in town these three months.Have you not seen her?
我姐姐这三个月都在城里 你没见过她么?
No.
没有
No, I have not had that pleasure.
我并无此等荣幸
Mr Darcy and I are not the best of friends.
达西先生和我还没到亲密无间
I'm surprised.
我很惊讶听到你这么说
Why should you be? I always believe in first impressions,
为何惊讶? 我向来相信第一印象
and his good opinion once lost, is lost forever.
一旦失去了好感 就永远不会再有了
So you see, it is a hopeless case,
所以你看 已经无药可救了
is it not, Colonel Fitzwilliam?
不是吗 费茨威廉上校?
You will never play really well, Miss Bennet,
班纳特小姐 如果你不多加练习
unless you practise more.
就永远都演奏不好
You may come to Rosings as often as you like,
你可以尽情地到罗新斯来
and play on the pianoforte in Mrs Jenkinson's room.
在姜金森太太的房间里练琴
She would be in nobody's way in that part of the house.
她在那里不会妨碍到别人
Thank you, ma'am.
多谢了 夫人
There are few people in England, I suppose,
我想全英格兰也
who have more true enjoyment in music than myself.
没有几个人比我更能真正欣赏音乐了
Or a better taste.
也没有几个品味更高了
And if I had ever learnt,
如果我学过钢琴的话
I should be a true proficient.
我必定能登堂入室
And so would Anne.
Anne也是一样
Do you mean to frighten me, Mr Darcy,
你是不是想吓唬我 达西先生
by coming in all this state to hear me?
这样走过来听我弹琴?
I won't be alarmed.
我可不会被吓到
My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me.
每次遇到恐吓 我都只会勇气倍增
I know you find great enjoyment in professing opinions which are not your own.
我知道你很喜欢发表不属于你自己的观点
Your cousin would teach you not to believe a word I say,
你表兄要你不要相信我所说的话
Colonel Fitzwilliam.
费茨威廉上校
That is ungenerous of him, is it not?
这可有些狭隘 不是吗?
It is indeed, Darcy!
确实 达西!
Impolitic too, for it provokes me to retaliate
同时也不明智 因为它激起了我的报复心
and say somewhat of his behaviour in Hertfordshire,
想要描述一下他在汉斯福的所作所为
which may shock his relations.
那可会影响他的人缘
I'm not afraid of you. What can you accuse him of?
我可不怕你 你要指责他干了什么?
I should like to know how he behaves among strangers!
我可真想知道他是如何对待陌生人的
The first time I ever saw Mr Darcy was at a ball,
我第一次见到达西先生是在舞会上
where he danced only four dances,
他只跳了四支舞
though gentlemen were scarce,and more than one lady was in want of a partner.
当时男士很少 不止一位女士想要找舞伴
I'm sorry, but so it was. I can well believe it!
我很抱歉 但事实如此 我完全相信
I fear I am ill qualified to recommend myself to strangers.
我是害怕自己不配向陌生人自荐
Shall we ask him why?
我们该问问他为什么吗?
Why a man of sense and education,who has lived in the world,
一个饱经世事 知识渊博的人
should be ill qualified to recommend himself to strangers?
为什么会自觉不配向陌生人推荐自己呢?
I...
我...
I have not that talent which some possess,
我没有别人拥有的那种天赋
of conversing easily with strangers.
我很难与陌生人交谈
I do not play this instrument so well as I should wish to,
我弹起钢琴来 也都弹不太好
but I have supposed that to be my own fault,
但是我把那当作自己的过错
because I would not take the trouble of practising!
因为我怠于练习
You are perfectly right.
你说的完全正确
You have employed your time much better.
可见你时间利用得好得多
No one privileged of hearing you could think anything wanting.
凡是听过你演奏的人 都觉得毫无瑕疵
We neither of us perform to strangers.
我们都是不愿在陌生人面前表演的人
What are you talking of?
你们在谈论什么呢?
What are you telling Miss Bennet?
你在跟班纳特小姐说什么?
I must have my share in the conversation!
我一定得参与谈话!
As for the daughter, she is a pale sickly
至于那位女儿 她身体瘦弱 脸色苍白
creature with little conversation and no talent.
沉默寡言 毫无天分
I'm sorry to be hard on any of our sex, but...
我也不想对同性横加指责 但是...
Mr Darcy shows no inclination for her,
达西先生也对她毫无好感
and treats her with the same indifference he shows everyone,
待她与其他人一样 冷若冰霜
but Lady Catherine is determined
但是凯瑟琳夫人主意已定
to have him for a soninlaw,
要招他为乘龙快婿
and she is not a woman to be gainsaid.
而她从不接受拒绝
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Mrs Collins and Maria are just now
柯林斯先生和玛丽亚刚刚跟我的表哥
gone into Hunsford village with my cousin.
一起去汉斯福了
You find me all alone this morning, Mr Darcy.
今早我独自一人 达西先生
I beg your pardon. I would not wish to intrude upon your privacy.
希望你原谅 我无意打扰你的清静
I was just writing a letter to my sister Jane in London.
我正跟我身在伦敦的姐姐简写信...
Mr Bingley and his sisters were well,
你离开伦敦的时候
I hope,when you left London?
宾利先生和她的妹妹还安好吧?
Perfectly so, I thank you.
他们都很好 谢谢
I understand Mr Bingley has not much idea for ever returning to Netherfield?
听说宾利先生无意重返尼日斐庄园了?
It is probable that he may spend little time there in the future.
今后他确实有可能不会常去那里了
If so, it would be better for the neighbourhood
如果是这样的话 为邻里们着想
that he give up the place.
他倒不如干脆放弃那处地产
I should not be surprised if he were to give it up,as soon as any eligible purchase offers.
如果有合意的买家 他可能确实会放弃的
This seems a very comfortable house.
这里看起来很舒适
Lady Catherine, I believe,
我想柯林斯先生搬来的时候
did much to it when Mr Collins came.
凯瑟琳夫人必定花了不少心思
I believe she did.
我也这样想
And she couldn't have bestowed her kindness on a more grateful recipient.
她估计也找不到更感恩戴德的人了
Mr Collins appears extremely fortunate
柯林斯先生能找到这样的妻子
in his choice of wife.
真是幸运至极
Yes, indeed he is. Though seen in a prudential light,
没错 确实如此 但反过来说
it is a good match for her as well.
这对于她也是一门好亲事
It must be agreeable to her to live within easy distance of her family.
住处离娘家这么近 必定也很令她欣慰吧
Easy distance? It's nearly fifty miles!
离家近? 可有将近五十英里呢!
What is fifty miles of good road?
如果路况好 五十英里算什么
Yes, an easy distance.
是的 确实离家很近
Near and far are relative terms. It is possible for a woman
近和远都是相对而言的 对一个女人来讲
to be settled too near her family.
住得离家太近确实是有可能
Yes, exactly.
确实 毫无疑问
You would not wish to be always near Longbourn, I think.
我想你也不愿一直住在浪博恩附近吧
I shall trespass on your time no longer.
我不该再占用你的时间了
Please convey my regards to Mrs Collins and her sister.
请代我问候柯林斯先生和他的表妹
No, no, please don't trouble yourself.
不不 不必麻烦了
Miss Bennet! Colonel Fitzwilliam.
班纳特小姐! 费茨威廉上校
I've been making the yearly tour of the Park.
我正如往年一般欣赏庄园的景致呢
Shall we take this way together?
愿意同行一段么?
With pleasure.
很乐意
Do you know Mr Bingley and his sisters?
你认识宾利先生和他的妹妹们吗?
A little.
略知一二
Bingley is a pleasant, gentlemanlike man.
宾利是位彬彬有礼 性格开朗的绅士
He's a great friend of Darcy's.
是达西先生很好的朋友
Yes. Mr Darcy is uncommonly kind to Mr Bingley,
是啊达西先生对宾利先生特别友善
and takes a prodigious deal of care of him.
也十分关心他
Yes, I believe Darcy does take care of him.
是啊我相信达西确实很关心他
I... I understand that he congratulates himself
我听说他最近因为劝说宾利先生
on having saved Mr Bingley the inconvenience
让他推辞了一桩轻率的婚事
of a most imprudent marriage.
而十分得意呢
Did Mr Darcy give his reasons for this interference?
达西先生说明了他干涉的原因么?
I understand there were some very strong objections to the lady.
我听说他对那位女士颇有异议
And why was he to be the judge?
怎么轮到他来决定?
You're disposed to think his interference officious?
似乎你认为他的干涉是多管闲事?
I don't see what right Mr Darcy had to determine
我不明白达西先生为何
and direct in what way his friend was to be happy.
有权决定他朋友的幸福
But, as you say, we know none of the particulars.
但是 正如你所说 我们都所知不详
Perhaps there was not much affection. Perhaps not.
可能只是因为没有感情吧 可能如此
But if that were the case,
但要是果真如此
it lessens the honour of my cousin's triumph very sadly, don't you think?
那可会让我表兄的骄傲大打折扣 不是吗?
Miss Bennet, are you unwell? A sudden headache.
班纳特小姐 你不舒服么? 突然头痛
Perhaps I have walked too far today.
可能今天路走得太多了
Let us take the shorter way back.
我们走近路回去吧
You're sure?
你确定吗 丽斯?
I would willingly stay at home with you,
我很愿意呆在这里陪你
and brave all Lady Catherine's displeasure.
面对凯瑟琳夫人的怒火
My dear Charlotte, I beg you to consider...
亲爱的夏绿蒂 拜托你考虑一下...
I shall be quite all right. It's only a headache.
我没事的 只是头痛 会过去的
It will pass, and more speedily in quiet and solitude.
我相信一个人呆着更好
I am quite sure, when all the circumstances
我确信既然我们已经向凯瑟琳夫人
are explained to Lady Catherine,
解释清楚了
she will not be angry,
她是不会生气的
for she has indeed such Christian generosity of spirit...
因为她拥有基督徒的宽宏大量...
My dear, the time! My dear! Why did you not say before?
快来不及了 亲爱的! 你怎么不早说
I cannot begin to count the occasions
我都已经数不清多少次
on which her ladyship has impressed upon me the importance of punctuality...
夫人告诫过我守时的重要性了...
Forgive me. I hope you are feeling better.
抱歉打扰 希望你感觉好些了
I am, thank you.
已经好点了 谢谢
Will you not sit down?
你不用坐下来么?
In vain I have struggled. It will not do!
我实在没有办法继续挣扎下去了
My feelings will not be repressed.
我无法抑制内心的情感
You must allow me to tell you how ardently
你必须允许我告诉你
I admire and love you.
我是多么热烈地爱慕着你
In declaring myself thus I'm aware that
我知道我的所作所为
I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family,
将与我家人的意愿相悖
my friends, and, I hardly need add,
与我朋友的看法相斥
my own better judgement.
更不用说与我自己的理智相左
The relative situation of our families makes any alliance between us a reprehensible connection.
我们的家庭背景会使我们的感情不被接受
As a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself,
我的理智也如此警醒着自己
but it cannot be helped.
但一切都只是徒劳
Almost from the earliest moments,I have come to feel for you...
从初识你的瞬间起 我就已经感觉到了...
..a passionate admiration and regard,
心底对你强烈的钦慕与好感
which despite my struggles,has overcome every rational objection.
虽然我一再挣扎 但情感依旧超越了理智
I beg you, most fervently, to relieve my suffering
我最为强烈地恳求你 释放我的痛苦
and consent to be my wife.
请同意成为我的妻子
In such cases as these,
在这样的情况下
I believe the established mode is to express a sense of obligation.
我相信大多数人都会欣然同意
But I cannot.
但我不能
I have never desired your good opinion,
我从不奢求得到你的好感
and you have certainly bestowed it most unwillingly.
你刚才表达得也颇为勉强
I'm sorry to cause pain to anyone,
我很抱歉对任何人造成伤害
but it was unconsciously done,
但我本毫无此意
and I hope will be of short duration.
也希望伤痛不会持续太久
And this is all the reply I am to expect?
这就是你所有的答复?
I might wonder why,
或许我可以请教一下
with so little effort at civility,I am rejected.
为何你会如此粗鲁地拒绝我
I might wonder why,
那或许我也可以请教一下
with so evident a desire to offend me,
为什么你分明存心要冒犯我
you chose to tell me that you like me against your will,
嘴上却偏偏要说为我你违背了你的意志
your reason, and even against your character!
你的理性 你的性格?
Was this not some excuse for incivility
如果我是真的粗鲁
if I was uncivil?
这还不足以构成无礼的理由吗?
I have every reason in the world to think ill of you.
我有足够的理由憎恨你
What could tempt me to accept the man
一个毁掉我最亲爱姐姐幸福的男人
who has ruined the happiness of a most beloved sister?
你认为我会接受吗?
Can you deny that you have done it?
你能否认是你做的么?
I have no wish to deny it.
我不想否认
I did everything in my power
我的确用尽了一切办法
to separate my friend from your sister and I rejoice in my success.
拆散我的朋友和你姐姐 我为此很得意
Towards him I have been kinder than towards myself.
对他我总算比对我自己多尽了份力
It's not merely that on which my dislike of you is founded.
但是我不仅仅是因为这件事而厌恶你
Long before,
很早之前
my dislike was decided when I heard Mr Wickham's story
在我听说了你对韦翰先生的所作所为以后
of your dealings with him.
我就对你有了成见
How can you defend yourself on that subject?
这件事上你又要怎样辩驳?
Such interest in that gentleman's concerns!
你对那位先生确实十分关心
Who that knows of his misfortunes,can help feeling an interest?
听说过他不幸遭遇的人 谁会不关心他?
His misfortunes! Yes, his misfortunes have been great indeed!
他的不幸遭遇 是啊他实在太不幸了
And of your infliction! You have reduced him
那都是你一手造成的
to his present state of poverty,
是你害得他穷困潦倒
and yet you can treat his misfortunes with contempt and ridicule!
你还要如此轻蔑嘲讽地对待他的不幸
And this is your opinion of me?
这就是你对我的看法?
My faults by this calculation are heavy indeed.
如此说来我确实罪孽深重了
Perhaps these offences might have been overlooked,
只怪我把我一误再误的想法说了出来
had not your pride been hurt
伤害了你的自尊心
by the confession of the scruples which long prevented my forming serious design on you.
否则你也许就不会计较这些了
Had I concealed my struggles
或许我本该掩藏起我的挣扎
and flattered you.
对你谄媚讨好
But disguise of every sort is my abhorrence.
可我憎恨任何形式的伪装
Nor am I ashamed of the feelings I related.
我也不为我的顾虑感到可耻
They were natural.
那些顾虑很自然
Did you expect me
你难道指望我
to rejoice in the inferiority of your connections?
为你那些卑贱的亲戚而欢欣鼓舞吗?
To congratulate myself on the hope of relations
你难道以为我该为攀上了
whose condition in life is so below my own?
这些社会地位远不如我的亲戚而庆幸吗?
You are mistaken, Mr Darcy.
你误解了 达西先生
Your declaration merely spared me any concern for refusing you,
如果你表现得更绅士些
had you been more gentlemanlike.
或许我还会为我的拒绝过意不去
You could not make me the offer of your hand in any way
无论你用什么方法
that would tempt me to accept it.
我都不可能同意与你结婚
From the beginning, your manners convinced me
从认识你开始 你的举止就让我觉得你
of your arrogance, your conceit, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others.
狂妄自大 高傲无礼 自私自利
Within a month,
认识你不到一个月
I felt you were the last man
我就已经认定就算全天下的男人都死掉
whom I could ever marry!
我也不会嫁给你!
You've said quite enough, madam.
你说的够多了 小姐
I perfectly comprehend your feelings...
我完全理解你的心情...
..and now have only to be ashamed of what my own have been.
现在我只对我自己的顾虑感到羞耻
Please forgive me for having taken up your time...
抱歉我耽搁了你那么多时间
..and accept my best wishes for your health and happiness.
请允许我诚恳地祝愿你健康幸福