傲慢与偏见 Pride and Prejudice 第4集: Episode 4

上映日期: 1,995

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 爱情

导演: 西蒙·兰顿

演员: 科林·费尔斯 / 詹妮弗·艾莉 / 戴维·鲍姆伯 / 苏珊娜·哈克 / 茱莉亚·莎华拉 / 艾莉森·斯戴曼 / 本杰明·惠特罗 / 克里斯平 伯汉姆-卡特 / 露西·布莱尔斯 / 波丽·麦伯利 / 乔


台词
--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://cmct.cc
You are the last man whom I could ever marry!
全世界的男人死了我也不会嫁给你!
Do you think any consideration would tempt me?
你有什么让人动心的地方?
Your arrogance, your conceit,
你傲慢 自负
and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others!
自私 并且总是无视他人的感情!
My opinion ofyou was decided when I heard
当我听说你对韦翰先生所为时
Mr Wickham's story ofyour dealings with him.
就已对你产生厌恶
Well at least in that I may defend myself.
至少我应该为自己辩解那点
Could you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of your connections?
难道你要我为你门第低贱的亲戚感到欣喜吗?
To congratulate myself on the hope of relations
难道你要我为拥有社会地位
whose conditions in life is so below my own?
不如我的亲戚而感到庆幸吗?
You are mistaken, Mr Darcy.
你误会了 达西先生
Your declaration merely spared me the concern
你的表白方式刚好让我
I might have felt in refusing you,
免除了拒绝你的不安
had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner.
如果你能表现得更像个绅士就好了
Who's there, Fitzwilliam?
谁呀? 费茨威廉
- Darcy! We'd quite despaired of you!
- 达西! 我们等你半天了!
- Is that my nephew?
- 是我侄子回来了吗?
Where have you been? Let him come in and explain himself!
你去哪了? 让他进来好好解释!
No. You will forgive me.
不了 请原谅
- You'll forgive me.
请原谅
- Darcy, you are unwell?
达西 你不舒服吗?
I'm very well, thank you,but I have a pressing matter of business.
我很好 谢谢你 只是有些急事
You'll forgive me.
请原谅
Make my apologies to Lady Catherine, Fitzwilliam.
替我向凯瑟琳阿姨道歉 费茨威廉
To Miss Elizabeth Bennet.
致伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐
Be not alarmed, madam, on receiving this letter,
小姐 接到此信时 不要担心
that it contains any repetition of those sentiments or offers
它不会包含任何情意或再次向你求婚的意愿
which were this evening so disgusting to you.
我知道那让你感到厌恶
But I must be allowed to defend myself against the charges laid at my door.
但我认为有必要澄清你对我的一些指控
In particular those relating to Mr Wickham,
尤其是关于韦翰先生的
which if true, would indeed be grievous,
如果是真的 的确很糟糕
but are wholly without foundation,
但它完全没有根据
and which I can only refute by laying
我只能通过告诉你
before you his connection with my family.
他跟我家渊源来辩解
Mr Wickham is the son of a very respectable man,
韦翰先生的父亲受人尊敬
who had the management of our estates.
曾是我家管家
My own father was fond of him and held him in high esteem.
先父赏识并器重他
We played together as boys.
我和韦翰是儿时玩伴
After his father's early death,
他父亲早逝后
my father supported him at school and at Cambridge,
先父资助他去剑桥大学读书
and hoped he would make the church his profession.
希望他学成后能从事圣职
But by then George Wickham's habits were
但那时乔治·韦翰虽风度翩翩
as dissolute as his manners were engaging.
却品德败坏
My own excellent father died five years ago.
五年前 我德高望重的父亲去世了
His attachment to Mr Wickham was to the last so steady,
但他对韦翰先生始终十分关爱
that he desired that a valuable family living
他想那份俸禄优厚的职位一旦空缺
might be his as soon as it was vacant.
就让他顶替
Mr Wickham declined any interest in the church as a career,
韦翰先生对圣职丝毫不感兴趣
but requested,and was granted,the sum of 3,000 pounds instead of the living.
但要求并接受了3000英镑作为补偿
He expressed an intention of studying the law.
他表示要研习法律 我虽不信
I wished, rather than believed him to be sincere.
但至少希望他真心诚意
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'm most exceedingly obliged.
我感激不尽
All connection between us seemed now dissolved.
我们的关系似乎就解除了
Georgiana.
乔治安娜
Being now free from all restraint,
由于没人管束
his life was one of idleness and dissipation.
他终日无所事事 闲游浪荡
How he lived, I know not.
他怎么生活的 我不知道
But last summer our paths crossed again,
但去年夏天他又闯进我的生活
under the most painful circumstances,
给我们带来一段惨痛的记忆
which I myself would wish to forget.
我多么希望能忘了它
My sister, Georgiana,who is more than ten years myjunior,
我妹妹乔治安娜 比我小十几岁
was left to the guardianship of Colonel Fitzwilliam and myself.
由我和费茨威廉做她的监护人
About a year ago, she was taken from school to Ramsgate,
一年前 她去拉姆斯盖特度假
and placed in the care of a Mrs Younge,
由杨吉夫人照看
in whose character we were most unhappily deceived.
很不幸我们上了她的当
And thither also went Mr Wickham,undoubtedly by design.
韦翰先生也别有用心地到了那
She was persuaded to believe herself in love,
她以为爱上了他
and to consent to an elopement.
并答应跟他私奔
She was then but fifteen years old.
当时她只有15岁
A day or two before the intended elopement,I joined them unexpectedly.
私奔前一两天 他们恰好被我撞见
Unable to support the idea ofgrieving a brother
由于不忍让我这位她一直
whom she looked up to almost as a father,
像父亲般仰仗的哥哥伤心
she acknowledged the whole plan to me at once.
她马上向我和盘托出了私奔之事
You may imagine what I felt and how I acted.
你可以想象我当时是怎样感触又是怎样行动的
Mr Wickham left the place immediately.
不久韦翰就离开了
Come.
进来
Mr Wickham relinquished his object,
韦翰不得不放弃目标
which was of course, my sister's fortune of 30,000.
当然是指我妹妹3万镑的财产
A secondary motive must have been to revenge himself on me.
另外一个动机可能就是报复我
Had he succeeded,
如果不是功亏一篑
his revenge would have been complete indeed.
他已实现了他的复仇计划
This,madam,is a faithful narrative of all my dealings with Mr Wickham.
这就是我对付韦翰先生的经过 小姐
You do look pale, Lizzy.
你脸很苍白 丽斯
Why don't you have some breakfast?
吃点早餐吧?
- I'm sure it will do you good.
对你肯定会好点的
- I am well, Charlotte.
我没事 夏绿蒂
I've stayed indoors too long.Fresh air and exercise is all I need.
只是待屋里太久了 需要出去透透气
The woods around Rosings are so beautiful at this time of year.
罗新斯附近的树林在这季节看起来很美
Miss Bennet!
班纳特小姐!
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
I've been walking the grove some time in the hope of meeting you.
我在树林里走好久了 希望能遇见你
Will you do me the honour of reading this letter?
可以赏脸读下此信吗?
This, madam, is a faithful narrative of my dealings with Mr Wickham,
小姐 这是关于我"对付"韦翰先生的真实经过
and for its truth I can appeal to the testimony of Colonel Fitzwilliam,
我可以以费茨威廉为证
who knows every particular of these transactions.
他知道此事的所有细节
I know not under what form of falsehood Mr Wickham imposed himself on you,
我不知道韦翰先生以何种形式欺骗了你
but I hope you'll acquit me of cruelty towards him.
但我希望你能明白 我并没对韦翰做残忍之事
I found that I'd better not meet Mr Darcy.
我认为最好不要见达西先生
Scenes might arise, unpleasant to more than myself.
他会很不愉快
The other charge levelled at me,
另一指控
is that regardless of the sentiments of either party,
就是你说我无视双方情投意合
I detached Mr Bingley from your sister.
将你姐和宾利先生分开
I have no wish to deny this, nor can I blame
我不打算否认此事
myself for any of my actions in this matter.
但同时我也认为它无可指责
I had not long been in Hertfordshire
到哈福德郡不久
before I saw that Bingley admired your sister,
我就看出宾利先生仰慕令姐
but it was not until the dance at Netherfield
但直到尼日斐舞会 我才开始顾虑到
that I suspected a serious attachment.
他当真对令姐有了爱恋之意
His partiality was clear,
他的钟爱表现得十分明显
but though she received his attentions with pleasure,
但尽管令姐欣然接受了他的殷勤
I did not detect any symptoms ofpeculiar regard.
我并没看出她有一丝爱意
The serenity of her countenance convinced me
她恬静的面容让我深信
that her heart was not likely to be easily touched.
她不会轻易被感动
Insufferable presumption!
无稽之谈!
I did not wish to believe her to be indifferent.
不是我希望她无动于衷 而她真的是
I believed it on impartial conviction.
我的看法是没有偏见的
Very impartial!
对极了!
You've missed the two gentlemen!They came to take their leave!
你错过两位绅士了 他们来辞别
Mr Darcy came here?
达西先生来这了?
He went away directly, but the Colonel waited for you over half an hour!
他很快就离开了 但上校等了你半个多钟
Now they are gone abroad!
现在他们都走了
I dare say we shall be able to bear the deprivation.
我们应该要学会承受离别
As to my objections to the marriage,
至于我反对这门亲事的原因
the situation of your family, though objectionable,
尽管你家的状况不尽人意
was nothing in comparison with the total want of
但跟你母亲以及妹妹们的不成体统相比
propriety so frequently betrayed by your mother,
也算不了什么
your younger sisters, and even occasionally your father.
你父亲有时也难免如此
That will do extremely well, child.You have delighted us long enough.
够了 孩子 你已让大家尽兴了
Now there will be a great marriage!
现在有一门很棒的亲事
And you know, that will throw the girls into the paths of other rich men!
能将这些姑娘们嫁入豪门
My friend left Netherfield for London on the following day.
我朋友第二天就离开了尼日斐庄园
There I pointed out to him the certain evils of his choice
我给他陈出了娶令姐作妻子的
of your sister as a prospective bride.
种种弊端
It was not difficult to convince him of your sister's indifference to him.
很快他就确信令姐对他并无爱意
I cannot blame myself for having done thus much.
对此我觉得自己并没有做错什么
For destroying all her hope of happiness?
摧毁她对所有幸福的希望
Yes, I'm sure you do not blame yourself. Hateful man!
你没做错什么 讨厌的家伙!
There is but one part of my conduct in the affair on which I do not reflect with satisfaction.
但有一件事让我于心不安
Astonish me!
还会不安? 真让我惊讶!
That I concealed from him your sister's being in town.
我向他隐瞒了你姐进城的消息
Perhaps this concealment was beneath me.
或许这对我来说有失身份
It was done, however, for the best.
但我确实做了 出于好意
On this subject I have nothing more to say,and no other apology to offer.
此事我无话可说 也不打算作更多道歉
Insufferable!
不可理喻!
- Lizzy! - Charlotte, we will be late!
丽斯! 夏绿蒂 我们要迟到了!
Lizzy!
丽斯!
I have endeavoured to count the times
我多次向你细数
Lady Catherine has invited us since your arrival.
凯瑟琳女士邀请我们的次数
I believe it may be as many as ten invitations!
我想应该达10次之多了
- Eleven, counting this one! - Eleven!
算上这次有11次了! 11次!
There! You have indeed been favoured with peculiar condescension.
你有着特殊待遇
- Do you not agree, Miss Elizabeth?
你不这样认为吗 伊丽莎白小姐?
- Oh... yes!
确实!
How could anybody think otherwise?
谁能否认呢?
And this is your last invitation,on this visit, at least.
这是你最后次被邀请了 至少是这次到访的最后一次
It is truly a very cruel deprivation.
真让人难以割舍
I hardly know how I'll bear the loss of her ladyship's company!
无法想象我怎能忍受离开凯瑟琳夫人
You feel it keenly!
说得很对!
Yes, of course you do, my poor young cousin.
当然了 我可怜的表妹
They were such fine young men,and so particularly attached to me!
他们是如此好的青年 他们跟我很亲近
They were excessively sorry to go,but so they always are!
非常舍不得离开我 他们历来如此
The dear Colonel rallied his spirits tolerably,
我可爱的上校最后振作起了精神
but Darcy seemed to feel it most acutely.
达西却极其难过
His attachment to Rosings certainly increases.
他比过去更留恋罗新斯了
You are very dull this evening,Miss Elizabeth Bennet.
你今天话不多 伊丽莎白小姐
You have scarce spoke two words together.Are you so out of spirits?
难得听你多说一句 你不舒服吗?
- No indeed, madam.
没事 夫人
- Of course you are, to be going away yourself.
但你确实看上去不舒服 不像平时的你
Who indeed would not be sad to be deprived of Rosings,
我们不应该为离开罗新斯而悲伤
and indeed of the gracious...
应该为仁慈的...
You will write to your mother and say you wish to stay longer.
你可以写信给令堂说想待久点
- Surely she could spare you for another fortnight.
肯定容许你多呆两星期
- But my father cannot.
但家父不会同意
He wrote to hurry my return.
他写信要我马上回去
Your ladyship is very kind,
您一番好意
but I believe we must leave as planned on Friday.
但我一定要按原计划周五离开
Your father may spare you if your mother can.
如果令堂同意 令尊也会同意的
Daughters are never of much consequence to a father.
女儿对父亲来说不重要
And if you will stay another month complete,
如果你们再待上一整月
it will be in my power to take you as far as London myself, in the Barouche box!
我可以亲自带你们乘四轮大马车去伦敦
For I cannot bear the idea of two young women travelling post by themselves.
我可不允许两个姑娘独自在驿路上旅行
It is highly improper!
这很不成体统!
I am excessively attentive to all those things.
我很在意这些
My uncle is to send a servant for us when we change to the post.
我舅舅会派人接我们的
Your uncle! He keeps a manservant, does he?
你舅舅 他雇有男佣 是吗?
I'm very glad you have somebody who thinks of these things.
能有人替你顾及这些 我真高兴
Where will you change horses?
你们要在哪里换马?
- At Brom... - Bromley, of course.
在布布罗姆里 当然在布罗姆里
Mention my name at the Bell and they will attend you.
在布尔客栈提我的名字 他们会招待你们的
Your ladyship is very kind.
夫人真实一片好意
Indeed, we are all infinitely indebted to your ladyship's kindly bestowed solicitude...
我们无时无刻不受夫人关怀备至的惦念啊...
Yes, yes, but this is all extremely vexing!
是啊但这一切真恼人
I'm quite put out.
我很生气
What are you doing?
你在干吗?
I thought the trunks went outside before breakfast.
我还以为箱子在早饭前就拿出去了
Lady Catherine was so severe about the only right way to place gowns,
凯瑟琳夫人对裙子的摆放要求很严格
that I couldn't sleep,
我不能入睡
and I'm determined to start afresh!
打算重新摆过
Maria, this is your trunk and your gowns.
玛丽 这是你自己的箱子和裙子
You may arrange them in any way you wish.Lady Catherine will never know!
你可以随意摆放 凯瑟琳夫人不会知道!
My dear sister,you'll have much to tell your father...
亲爱的小姨子 你有很多事要告诉岳父...
Bring that one round here.
把那个拿过来
Well, cousin...
表妹
..you have seen for yourself now the happiness of our situation.
你看见我们有多么幸福了
Our intimacy at Rosings is a blessing
我们跟罗新斯庄园关系密切
of which few could boast!
不是每个人都有这样的福分!
- Indeed they could not. - Indeed.
说得不错 确实
Now you have seen our felicity.
你看我们如此幸福
Perhaps you may think your friend has made a fortunate alliance.
或许你会认为你好友嫁得了一个如意郎君
Perhaps more so than...
或许更多地...
- But on this point it will be as well to be silent.
或许应该说到这为止了
- You are very good.
你真善解人意
Only let me assure you that I can, from my heart,
请容许我真心诚意地祝福
most cordially wish you equal felicity in marriage.
你有个同样美满的婚姻
Charlotte and I have but one mind and one way of thinking.
夏绿蒂和我心心相印
We seem to have been designed for each other!
我们就像是天作之合!
Oh, Lizzy! It seems but a day or two since we first came!
噢 丽斯! 我们好像才来了一两天
- And yet how many things have happened!
却发生了那么多事
- A great many, indeed.
确实
We have dined nine times at Rosings!
我们居然在罗新斯庄园吃过九次饭!
Oh, how much I shall have to tell!
回去有太多东西要讲了!
How much I shall have to conceal.
我却有太多要隐瞒
You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.
请容许我告知你我有多么仰慕以及爱慕你
Lizzy!
丽斯!
To see your faces when you looked up!
看到你们抬头望着窗口
- You didn't expect we'd come to meet you.
你决不会想到我们来接你
- No, we did not.
真没想到
There! Is not this nice?
看 很棒吧?
Cold ham, and pork,and salads, and every good thing!
有冷火腿 猪肉 沙拉以及其他所有好吃的!
We mean to treat you, but you must lend us money,
我们打算款待你们 但你们得借钱给我们
we spent ours. Look!
我们的花光了 看!
- It's not pretty, but I thought I'd buy it anyway.
它不好看 但我还是买了
- It's vile, isn't it?
它很丑 不是吗?
- Very ugly. What possessed you to buy it?
丑死了 你怎么会买它?
- There were two or three much uglier!
店里有两三顶更丑的
I shall pull it to pieces and see if I can make it up any better.
回去把它拆了看能不能补得好看点
It doesn't signify what anyone wears,
穿什么都不重要了
for the regiment will be at Brighton the whole summer!
民兵团一个夏季都要驻扎在白利屯
- Our hearts are broken!
我们的心都碎了
- And papa refuses to take us to Brighton.
爸爸不肯带我们去白利屯
- I'm glad to hear it.
听到那我很欣慰
- Shouldn't you like to go to Brighton?
难道你不想去白利屯吗?
- I should not. - She would.
不想 她想的
She would love it, when she hears the news about a certain person we know!
她会想的 如果她听了一位先生的消息后
- Shall we tell her?
我们告诉她吗?
- Yes, and see if she blushes!
当然 看她会不会脸红!
- You may go. We'll call if you're needed again.
先下去吧 有需要再叫你
- Very good, miss.
好的 小姐
Wickham is not to marry Mary King after all!
韦翰不会和玛丽·金结婚了!
She's been taken away to Liverpool and Wickham is safe!
她被叔叔带到利物浦了 韦翰安全了!
Perhaps we should say Mary King is safe.
或许应该说玛丽·金安全了
Was there a very strong attraction between them,do you think?
你说他们感情深吗?
Not on his side! I shouldn't think he cared three straws about her.
至少他不深! 我觉得他根本不喜欢她
Who could about such a nasty freckled little thing?
谁会喜欢个满脸雀斑的丑东西?
Don't look at me like that, Lizzy.
别那样看着我 丽斯
You think just as ill of her! Pass the celery, Kitty.
我知道你也讨厌她 把芹菜给我 吉蒂
Glad we came to meet you? It'll be merry on the journey home.
高兴我们来接你们吗? 归途一定很愉快
- Kitty, you're squashing my bandbox!
吉蒂 你压倒我盒子了!
- You should have put it on the roof!
你应该把它放车顶的!
- If you don't lollop about there is room.
如果你不晃来晃去就有足够位置
- I don't lollop, you do!
我没晃 是你!
Mr Darcy proposed! I can scarce believe it!
达西先生向你求婚了!我简直不敢相信!
Not that anyone admiring you should be astonishing.
我不是说有人喜欢你让人震惊
But he always seemed so severe,so cold, apparently.
但他总是那么严峻 冷酷
And yet he was in love with you all the time!Poor Mr Darcy.
而他却一直暗恋着你!可怜的达西先生
I cannot feel so much compassion for him.
我可不会太多地同情他
He has other feelings which will soon drive away any regard he felt for me.
他对我的爱意很快就会被其他想法所取代
- You do not blame me for refusing him?
你不会怪我拒绝他吧?
- Blame you? Oh, no.
怪你? 当然不会
But you do blame me for speaking so warmly of Wickham?
但你肯定会怪我为韦翰说好话吧?
No. How could you have known about his vicious character?
不 当初你怎么会知道他是这种人
If indeed he was so very bad.
如果他真这么坏的话
But I cannot believe Mr Darcy would fabricate such dreadful slander,
但我难以相信达西先生会造出如此恶劣的诽谤
involving his own sister too.
而且把他妹妹也涉及在内
No, it must be true.
不 这一定是真的
- Perhaps there has been some terrible mistake.
或许中间有很大的误会
- No, Jane. That won't do!
不 简 那不可能
You can't make them both good!
你不能同时为他们辩护!
There is just enough merit between them to make one good sort of man.
他们两人中只可能有一个是好人
And for my part I'm inclined to believe it's all Mr Darcy's.
依我看 达西较有可能是说的真话
Poor Mr Darcy.
可怜的达西先生
Poor Mr Wickham! There is such an expression of goodness in his countenance.
可怜的韦翰先生!他看起来是多么友善
Yes. I'm afraid one has all the goodness,
是啊恐怕是一个是真好人
and the other all the appearance of it!
而另一个虚有其表
But Lizzy, I am sure that when you first read that letter,
但丽斯 我感肯定你第一次读那封信时
you could not have made so light of it as you do now.
你不能像现在这样一笑置之
Indeed I could not.
确实如此
I was very uncomfortable.Till that moment I never knew myself.
我非常难过 那刻我才真正了解自己
And I had no Jane to comfort me.
而简却不在我身边安慰我
Oh, how I wanted you!
噢 我多么需要你!
There is one point on which I want your advice.
我需要你的忠告
Should our general acquaintance be informed of Wickham's true character?
我们需要告知大家韦翰的劣行吗?
Surely there can be no occasion to expose him so cruelly.
当然我们不必如此残忍地揭发他
- What is your opinion?
你这么看?
- That it oughtn't be attempted.
不应该那样做
Mr Darcy has not authorised me to make it public,
达西先生没有说过我可公开此事
especially as regards his sister.
尤其是涉及他妹妹那部分
As for the rest, who would believe it?
至于其他的 谁会相信?
The general prejudice against Mr Darcy is so violent,
大家对达西先生有严重偏见
and Wickham will soon be gone.
而且韦翰就快走了
- I believe we should say nothing at present.
我认为当前最好不要说
- Yes, I agree.
是啊我同意
Perhaps he is sorry now for what he has done,
或许他已有悔意
and is anxious to re-establish his character.
并打算改过自新了
We must not make him desperate.
我们不应让他绝望
Oh, Jane!
噢 简!
I wish I could think so well of people as you do.
真希望我也能向你样把人都看得都很美好
Won't you speak to papa, Lizzy, about our going to Brighton?
丽斯 你怎么跟爸爸说我们的白利屯之行?
You know he listens to your advice.
你知道他最听你话
You flatter me, Lydia. In any case,
过奖了莉迪亚 而且
I shouldn't attempt to persuade him.
我也不打算去说服爸爸
I think it's a very good thing that the regiment is removed from Meryton,
我认为民兵团离开麦里屯是好事
and that we are removed from the regiment.
我们也就能远离民兵团了
- Oh, Lizzy, how can you say such a thing?
噢 丽斯 你怎能说出这种话?
- Very easily, ma'am.
简单得很 妈妈
If one company causes such havoc in our family,
如果一个小民兵团就能搞得我们家鸡犬不宁
what would a whole campful of soldiers do?
那一整营的军人还得了
- A whole campful of soldiers!
一整营的军人!
- I remember when I was a girl.
我还记得当我还是姑娘时
I cried for two days when Colonel Miller's regiment went away.
当米勒上校的民兵团离开时 我哭了两天
- I thought I should have broke my heart!
我想我心都碎了!
- I shall break mine.
我的也一定会碎的
And I!
我也是!
There, there, my dears.But your father is determined to be cruel.
宝贝 但你们父亲已下狠心不让你们去
I confess I am.
我承认
I'm sorry to be breaking hearts,but I have no intention of yielding.
抱歉让你们心碎了 但我是不会屈服的
I shall not break my heart, papa.
我不会心碎的 爸爸
The pleasures of Brighton would have no charms for me.
白利屯对我毫无吸引力
I should infinitely prefer a book.
我情愿看书
- Mrs Forster says she plans to go sea-bathing.
弗斯脱太太说她打算去海水浴
- I am sure I should love to go sea-bathing!
我一定会喜欢海水浴的!
- A little sea-bathing would set me up forever!
洗下海水浴能让我容光焕发!
- And yet, I am unmoved.
我依然不为所动
Well, well.
好极了
I'm glad you are come back, Lizzy.
真高兴你回来了 丽斯
I'm glad you are come back, Jane.
真高兴你回来了 简
I want to go to Brighton!
我要去白利屯!
You are not happy, Jane.
你看起来不开心 简
- It pains me to see it.
看你这样我很难过
- It is just that I did...
只不过是我...
I'm afraid I still do prefer Mr Bingley to any other man I've met,
恐怕我还是喜欢宾利先生胜于其他人
and Lizzy, I did believe he...
而且 丽斯 我相信他...
Well, I was mistaken, that is all.
我会错意了 仅此而已
I am resolved to think of him no more.
我决心不再想他
There. Enough.
好了 够了
I shall be myself again,as if I had never set eyes on him.
我应该振作起来 就好像从没遇见过他
Truly, Lizzy, I promise. I shall be well.
真的 丽斯 我会好起来的
I shall be myself again.I shall be perfectly content.
我会振作起来 满足现状的
Well, Lizzy, what do you think now about this sad business of Jane's?
丽斯 你对简的不幸有什么看法?
I cannot find out that she saw anything of Bingley in London.
我看不出她又在伦敦见过宾利先生
Well.
An undeserving young man!And I don't suppose there's any chance of her getting him now.
坏青年! 我不希望简得到他了
- If he should come back to Netherfield, though.
但如果他回到尼日斐庄园
- I think there's little chance of that, mamma.
我认为也没什么可能了 妈妈
Oh, well. Just as he chooses.
好吧 随他便
No one wants him to come!
没人想要他回来!
I shall always say he used my daughter extremely ill!
他让我女儿受够了!
If I was her, I would not have put up with it.
如果我是她 才不会默默忍受!
My comfort is, she will die of a broken heart,
除非她为他心碎而死
and then he'll be sorry for what he's done!
让他内疚 我才舒了口气
So, the Collinses live quite comfortable,do they?
柯林斯夫妇过得很好 是吗?
I only hope it will last.
只盼能长久
And I suppose they talk about having this house too
我想他们一定谈论了等你爸两脚一伸
when your father is dead?
就接管我们家的房子吧?
They look on it as quite their own, I dare say?
他们早就把它当自家了 我敢说
They could hardly discuss such a subject in front of me.
他们不会在我面前谈此事的
I make no doubt they talk about it constantly when they're alone!
私底下他们肯定常常谈这个!
If they can be easy with an estate that is not lawfully their own,
如果他们能安心拿走不属于他们的房子
so much the better!
那倒也好!
I should be ashamed of having one that was only entailed upon me!
继承别人的房子 我可会觉得丢脸呢
Mamma, mamma! Lizzy!
妈妈 妈妈 丽斯!
Guess what! You never will, so I'll tell you.
猜猜看!肯定猜不着 让我告诉你们
Mrs Forster has invited me, as her particular friend,
弗斯脱太太邀请我作为她的陪伴
to go with her to Brighton.
一起去白利屯
- Colonel Forster is to take a house for us!
弗斯脱上校会为我们安排房子!
- I'm so happy!
我太高兴了!
- What an honour, to be singled out!
被她选上 真有面子!
- Is it not unfair, Lizzy?
不公平吧 丽斯?
Mrs Forster should have asked me as well.
弗斯脱太太应该也带上我
I may not be her dearest friend, but have as much right to be asked!
我虽不是她挚友 也应被她叫上
And more too, for I am two years older!
而且 我比她大两岁!
I'll buy her a present, I dare say.
我会给她买礼物 她没必要生气
There's no call to be in a miff because Mrs Forster likes me best.
弗斯脱太太最喜欢我了
Before you crow too loud, remember papa has not given you permission to go.
先别开心太早 爸爸还没同意的
Nor is he like to.
他也不会同意
Papa won't stop me. Not when I'm invited by the Colonel
爸爸不会阻拦的 现在我是被上校
to be his wife's particular companion!
邀请作为他夫人的女伴!
I need new clothes, for I've nothing fit to wear,
我要新衣服 我没合适的
and there will be balls and parties!
肯定会有很多舞会!
Of course you shall have new things!
当然你要买新衣服!
We wouldn't see you disgraced in front of all the officers!
我们不会让你在长官们目前丢人的!
Oo! All the officers!
哇 长官啊!
I understand your concern, my dear, but consider:
我知道你的顾虑 宝贝 但你想想
Lydia will never be easy until she has exposed herself in some public place,
莉迪亚一不抛头露面就浑身不自在
and here is an opportunity for her to do so,
现在有这么个机会
with very little expense or inconvenience to her family.
既不用花费又不会给家人带来不便
If you were aware of the very great disadvantage to us all,
如果你意识到她已伤害了我们大家的名誉
which has already arisen from Lydia's unguarded and imprudent manner,
而这一切正是由她任意放肆的行为造成的
you'd judge differently.
你就不会这么认为了
Already arisen? Has she frightened away some of your lovers?
已经伤害了? 她吓跑过你的心上人?
Don't be cast down, Lizzy.
别沮丧 丽斯
Such squeamish youths are not worth your regret.
这样的胆小鬼不值得你为之伤心
- Oh come, Lizzy.
来吧 丽斯
- Indeed you are mistaken.
您误会了
I have no injuries to resent.
我不是因为这个
I speak of general, not particular evils.
我指的是她对大家的伤害而非个人的
Our... position as a family, our very respectability,
我们家族的地位和尊严都会为
is called into question by Lydia's wild behaviour.
莉迪亚的任意行为而遭质疑的
I must speak plainly. If you do not check her,
说直点 如果您不管教她
she will soon be beyond the reach of amendment.
她永远也不会改正的
She will become the most determined flirt
她就会变得卖弄风骚
that ever made herself and her family ridiculous!
让自己和家人成为笑柄!
You know that Kitty follows wherever Lydia leads.
你知道吉蒂什么都学莉迪亚的
Don't you see that they will be censured and despised wherever they are known?
您不明白认识她们的人都将鄙视她们?
And that they will involve their sisters in their disgrace.
她们的姐妹也将和她们一起丢人?
Lizzy, come here.
丽斯 过来
Don't make yourself uneasy, my love.
别难过 宝贝
Wherever you and Jane are known,you must be respected and valued.
认识你和简的人 都会珍视你们的
And you will not appear to any less advantage for having a couple or...
你们不会因为有一对...
..I may say, three very silly sisters.
或三个傻妹妹而失去魅力
We shall have no peace at Longbourn if Lydia does not go to Brighton.
如果莉迪亚不走 浪搏恩是不会安宁的
Colonel Forster is a sensible man.
弗斯脱上校是个有分寸的人
And luckily she's too poor to be an object of prey to a fortune hunter.
她的一点财产也不会让人打她主意
Leave it now, Lizzy. I believe all will turn out well.
算了 丽斯 我相信不会出什么事的
We are so desolated, Colonel,that the regiment is to leave Meryton,
上校 民兵团要离开麦里屯 我们会寂寞的
but words cannot express what we feel about your kindness to our dear Lydia.
但你对莉迪亚这么好 我们不知如何感激
Well, ma'am, it appears that Mrs Forster cannot do without her.
夫人 看来 弗斯脱太太少不了她
Look at the pair of them. Thick as thieves!
看她们好成那样
Lord knows what they find to talk about.
天知道她们有什么好聊
But anything to keep the ladies happy.What do you say, Wickham?
但女士开心就好 你说是吗 韦翰?
I say amen to that, sir.
我同意 长官
There's one lady I shall be very loath to part from.
我不愿离开的只有一位小姐
We must try to bear it. You are for Brighton,
我们应该学会忍受 你要去白利屯
I'll be touring the Lakes with my aunt and uncle.
我要和舅父舅母去游湖
I dare say we'll find ample sources of consolation and delight... in our different ways.
我想我们各自都会自己找到慰藉和乐趣的
Perhaps. How did you find Rosings?
也许吧 你觉得罗新斯园怎样?
Interesting. Colonel Fitzwilliam was there with Mr Darcy.
非常有趣 费茨威廉上校和达西先生一起
Are you acquainted with the Colonel?
你认识上校吗?
I...
我...
To some respects, yes, in former years.
早些年算有过片面之交
A very gentlemanly man.
他是个风度翩翩的绅士
- How did you like him?
你认为他怎样?
- I liked him very much.
我挺喜欢他的
His manners are very different from his cousin's.
他的言行跟他堂弟可大不相同
Yes.
是啊
But I think Mr Darcy improves on closer acquaintance.
但跟达西先生熟点后 会对他有所改观
Indeed?
是吗?
In what respect?
哪方面?
Has he acquired a touch of civility in his address?
他现在言谈变得有礼貌了吗?
For I dare not hope he is improved in essentials.
我并不指望他本质有多大改变
No. In essentials, I believe he is very much...as he ever was.
不 我相信在本质上...他从未改变
Ah.
I don't mean to imply that either his mind or his manners are changed for the better.
我不是说他的想法或者言行改善了
Rather: my knowing him better improved my opinion of him.
而是 经过进一步了解 增加了我对他的好感
I see.
我明白了
Wickham. Wickham.
韦翰 韦翰
- Come here. - At your service, ma'am!
过来 听候差遣 夫人
Yes, go, go.
去吧 去吧
I would not wish you back again.
我可不希望你再回来了
- Goodbye, papa. Goodbye, mamma.
再见 爸爸 再见 妈妈
- Lydia, my dear, we shall miss you most cruelly!
莉迪亚 我亲爱的 我们会想死你的
I shall write every day of what I'm doing
我会每天写信告诉你们我每天的活动
and make you wild with envy.
让你们嫉妒死的
- I can't help it!
我也没办法
- I shall not envy her a jot!
我一点也不会嫉妒她!
I must go. Goodbye, Jane. Goodbye, Lizzy!
该走了 再见 简 再见 丽斯!
If I see any eligible beaux for you,I'll send word express!
如果看到合适的情人 我就送快信给你们!
Lord, what a laugh if I should fall and break my head!
天啊如果我摔破了头岂不成大笑话!
I wish you would!
真希望你摔破!
Oh, my dear girl.Take every opportunity of enjoying yourself!
噢 宝贝 尽情享乐吧!
Bye! Bye!
再见 再见!
Never mind, Kitty. I dare say,
别难过 吉蒂 我保证
in a year or two you'll have got over it tolerably well.
一两年后 你就不会再伤心了
If anyone should ask for me,I shall be in my library, and not to be disturbed.
如果谁找我 说我在书房不想被打扰
Hello! I can see, I can see Alicia.Look how she has grown!
我看见爱利西亚了 她已长这么大了!
You must be so tired.
你们一定累了
You have all grown! I think you've all grown since we last said goodbye!
你们都长大了! 上次离别后你们都长大了!
And very pretty too! Come into the house, then.
而且又长得更好看了! 快进屋来
Such a sweet, steady girl!
真是个甜美稳重的女孩!
Well, Lizzy!
丽斯
We bear you bad tidings.
我们有坏消息要告诉你
Not too grievous though, I hope.
希望不会让你太难过
The guilt is mine. My business won't allow me time away to visit all the Lake country.
是我不好 我生意繁忙不容许游遍湖区
We shall have to content ourselves with Derbyshire.
只能在德比郡走走了
Oh.
But Derbyshire has many beauties, has it not?
但德比郡也有很多美景 不是吗?
Indeed. To me Derbyshire is the best of all counties.
没错 对我来说 哪个郡也比不上德比郡
You will judge for yourself whether Chatsworth is not the equal of Blenheim.
查兹沃斯比不比得上布楞恩你可以自己判断
And surely these southern counties have nothing to compare to the wild
但南方各郡这么也比不上
and untamed beauty of the Peaks.
匹克斯自然原始的美景
Nature and culture in harmony, you see, Lizzy.
丽斯 大自然与文化合二为一
Wildness and artifice,and all in the one perfect county!
自然与人工之美就体现在这一郡内
I was born here,so I should never disagree with that!
我自小在那长大 我完全赞同!
Where?
到底在哪?
At Lambton, a town of no consequence,
在蓝白屯 对那些住在那的人来说
but to those fortunate enough to have lived in it.
它算不得什么
I think it the dearest place in the world!
对我来说却是世上最好的地方!
Then I shall not be happy till I have seen it.
这么说我非看不可了
It has one further claim on your interest:
还有个让你感兴趣的地方
it is but five miles from Pemberley,
离那五英里就是彭伯里
and owes much of its prosperity to that great estate.
有着雄伟的庄园
So near?
很近吗?
Not that I or anyone of my acquaintance enjoyed the privilege of intimacy with that family.
我和我认识的人都没幸跟那家人相交
We moved in very different circles.
我们的社交圈很不一样
A hit! Acknowledged. Very good, sir!
击得好 先生!
- Enough, sir?
够了吗 先生?
- Enough. Thank you, Baines.
够了 谢谢您 拜恩斯
- Will you come again tomorrow, sir?
明天还来吗 先生?
- No, I have business in the North.
不 我要去北部打点生意
- I'll come tomorrow week.
下星期再来
- Very good, sir. Bid you good day, sir.
那好 先生 祝您旅途愉快
Thank you, Baines. Good day.
谢谢 拜恩斯 再见
I shall conquer this. I shall!
我不能失败!
Elizabeth, be careful!
伊丽莎白 当心点!
How could I face your father if you took a fall?
如果你摔了 我怎么跟你父亲交代?
Beautiful!
好美啊!
- Thank you, Hannah.
谢谢你 汉娜
- You're welcome, sir.
不客气 先生
I should be quite happy to stay my whole life in Derbyshire!
真想一辈子待在德比郡
I'm happy to hear it. What do you say
听你这么说我真开心
to visiting Pemberley tomorrow?
明天去彭伯里这么样?
- It's not more than a mile or two out of our way.
虽不顺路 最多绕个一两英里
- Do you especially wish to see it, aunt?
您很想去吗 舅妈?
I thought you would,having heard so much about it.
久闻它的大名 你应该也很想去的
The associations are not all unpleasant.
印象也不会差 你知道
Wickham passed all his youth there, you know.
韦翰就是在那长大的
We have no business there.
那里和我们不相干
I should feel awkward to visit the place without a proper invitation.
如果没正式邀请 我们去会很突兀的
No more than Blenheim or Chatsworth.There was no awkwardness there.
跟布楞恩和查兹沃斯差不多 没突兀的
I shouldn't care for it myself, Lizzy,
丽斯 如果仅是装修豪华的宅第
if it were merely a fine house, richly furnished.
我也不会感兴趣的
But the grounds are delightful.
哪里的庭园叫人喜欢
They have some of the finest woods in the country.
他们有着全国最美的林子
- How far is Pemberley, my dear?
彭伯里有多远 亲爱的?
- Not more than five miles, sir.
不会超过五英里 亲爱的
- The grounds are very fine, are they not?
那里的庭园很美 不是吗?
- As fine as you'll see anywhere, ma'am.
跟哪比都不会逊色 夫人
My oldest brother is an under-gardener there.
我大哥在那当花匠
- Is the family here for the summer?
那家人来这过夏天吗?
- No, ma'am.
没有 小姐
Well?
怎么样?
Perhaps we might visit Pemberley after all.
不妨去彭伯里走走吧
I think we've seen woods and groves enough
丽斯 你这么爱树林
to satisfy even your enthusiasm for them, Lizzy!
今天一定看得很满意了
I confess I had no idea Pemberley was such a great estate.
我没想到彭伯里是这么壮观的庄园
- Shall we reach the house itself before dark?
我们天黑前能到宅子那吗?
- Be patient. Wait.
耐心等等吧
There!
到了
Stop the coach!
停车
I think one would put up with a good deal to be mistress of Pemberley.
能当上彭伯里的女主人 再辛苦也是值得的
The mistress of Pemberley will have to put up with a good deal, from what I hear.
我听说彭伯里的女主人将会很忙
She's not likely to be anyone we know.
她肯定不会是我们认识的人
- How do you like the house, Lizzy?
觉得这宅子怎样 丽斯?
- Very well.
棒极了
I don't think I've ever seen a place so happily situated.
从没见过环境这么好的地方
I like it very well indeed.
我很喜欢这里
Drive on!
往前开!
A pity then, its owner should be such a proud and disagreeable man.
可惜它的主人又傲慢又讨厌
Yes, a great pity.
是啊的确可惜
Perhaps the beauty of the house renders its owner
也许宅子的美让它的主人
a little less repulsive, Lizzy?
没那么令人生厌了吧 丽斯?
Yes, perhaps.
或许吧
Perhaps a very little.
也许好点
Well, shall we apply to the housekeeper to see inside the place?
我们能请管家带我们看看里面吗?
That's where Mrs Darcy used to write her letters every morning.
那是以前达西太太每早写信的地方
It was her favourite room.
是她最喜欢的房间
This is the music room.
这是音乐室
- Charming! - What a lovely room!
真好 真可爱的房间
Delightful!
漂亮极了
And there's a fine prospect from that window down towards the lake.
从那扇窗子可以看到湖的美景
- Look at this, my dear.
看 亲爱的
- It's quite magnificent!
景观真是优美
Of all this I might have been mistress.
差点我就成了这里的女主人
This piano has just come down.
这座钢琴刚送来
It's a present from my master for Miss Georgiana.
是主人送给乔治安娜小姐的
- Your master is from home, we understand.
府上主人不在 是吗
- Yes, but we expect him here tomorrow, sir.
是的 但估计明天就能回来 先生
He is coming with a large party of friends and Miss Georgiana.
他将和乔治安娜小姐以及很多朋友一起回来
This portrait was painted earlier this year,for her sixteenth birthday.
这幅画像是年初她16岁生日时画下的
She is a very handsome young lady!
她是个很美的少女
Oh, yes! The handsomest young lady that ever was seen.
是的 世上最美的少女
And so accomplished.She plays and sings all day long!
而且多才多艺 她整天弹琴唱歌
Lizzy!
丽斯
Look at this picture.
看这幅画
It reminds me very much of someone we know!
让我想起一个我们认识的人
This one, ma'am?
这张吗 夫人?
That young gentleman was the son of the late Mr Darcy's steward, Mr Wickham.
这个年轻人是已故达西先生管家的儿子 韦翰先生
He is gone into the army now. But he's turned out very wild.
他从军了 不过他变得很放荡
Very wild indeed, I'm afraid.
非常放荡 我可以这样说
And that's my master. And very like him too.
那是我家主人 也很像他
It's a handsome face, but I've never seen the original.
真英俊但我从没见过
Is it like him, Lizzy?
像他本人吗 丽斯?
- Does this young lady know the master?
这位小姐认识我家主人?
- Yes, a little.
片面之缘而已
And he is a handsome gentleman,is he not, ma'am?
他可不是英俊绅士吗 小姐?
- Yes, very handsome.
是很英俊
- I'm sure I know none so handsome.
我保证没有比他更英俊的了
- Nor so kind. - Indeed?
也不会有比他更仁慈的了 是吗?
Aye, sir. I've never had a cross word from him,
是啊先生 我从没听他说过一句重话
and I've known him since he was four years old.
我从他4岁起就看着他长大
I've observed that they that are good-natured as children,
我总是说一个好脾气的小孩
are good-natured when they grow up.
长大后也会好脾气的
- His father was an excellent man.
他父亲德高望重
- He was, ma'am. His son will be just like him.
是的 夫人 有其父必有其子
The best landlord, and the best master.
他是最好的地主 也是最好的主人
Ask any of his tenants or his servants.
问他的农户和仆人就知道
Some call him proud. I fancy that's only because
有人说他傲慢 我猜想是他
he don't rattle away, like other young men do.
不像其他青年夸夸其谈
Now if you will follow me, there's a finer,
若各位不介意
larger portrait of him in the gallery upstairs.
楼上还有更大更好的画像
This way, sir, if you please.
请往这边走 先生
This fine account of Darcy is not quite consistent with his behaviour to poor Wickham.
她口中的好达西先生不像会那样亏待韦翰先生
- Perhaps we might have been deceived there.
或许我们被蒙蔽了
- That's not likely, is it?
不大可能吧?
Magnificent!
太美了!
There!
看!
- Would you not like to ride him, sir?
想骑马吗 先生?
- No, take him back to the stables.
不 把他牵回马厩吧
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Miss Bennet. I...
班纳特小姐 我...
I did not expect to see you, sir.
见到你真意外
We understood the family were from home, or we should never have...
我们还以为主人不在 不然我们不会...
I returned a day early.
我提前一天回来了
Excuse me, your parents are in good health?
请原谅 令尊令堂还好吧?
Yes, they are very well. I thank you, sir.
他们都很好 谢谢你 先生
I'm glad to hear it.
那我就放心了
How long have you been in this part of the country?
你到这里多久了?
But two days, sir.
只有两天 先生
- Where are you staying?
你住在哪里?
- Lambton Inn.
兰顿旅馆
Yes, of course.
当然
Well, I'm just arrived myself.
我刚刚才到这里
And your parents are in good health? And all your sisters?
令尊令堂和姐妹身体还好吧?
Yes, they are all in excellent health, sir.
他们都很好 先生
Excuse me.
恕我失陪
- The man himself, I presume!
我想这位就是他本人了吧
- As handsome as in his portrait.
跟画像里一样英俊
- Though perhaps a little less formally attired.
虽然穿着随便了点
- We must leave here at once!
我们得马上离开
- Of course, if you wish.
你想走我们就走吧
- Oh, I wish we'd never come!
真希望我们根本没来!
- What must he think of me?
他会怎么想我
- What did he say?
他说什么了?
Nothing of consequence.He enquired after my parents...
没什么 只是问候了爸妈
Miss Bennet.
班纳特小姐
Allow me to apologise for not receiving you properly.
请容我为刚才的失礼道歉
Were you leaving?
你不是要走了吧?
- We were, sir. I think we must.
是的 先生 我们得走了
- I hope you are not displeased with Pemberley?
希望你不是不喜欢彭伯里
No, not at all.
不会 不是的
- Then you approve of it?
那你喜欢这吗?
- Very much. I think there are few who would not.
很喜欢 我想没人会不喜欢
Your good opinion is rarely bestowed,
博得你欣赏不易
and therefore more worth the earning.
所以你的赞美更值得争取
Thank you.
谢谢
- Would you introduce me to your friends?
不知您能否赏脸把我介绍给你的朋友?
- Certainly.
当然
Mr and Mrs Edward Gardiner, Mr Darcy.
爱德华嘉丁纳先生夫人 这位是达西先生
Mrs Gardiner is my aunt, Mr Darcy.
嘉丁纳太太是我舅妈 达西先生
My sister Jane stayed at their house in Cheapside when she was in London.
家姐简最近到伦敦时 就住在他们家
Delighted to make your acquaintance, madam, sir.
很高兴认识你们 夫人 先生
You're staying at Lambton, I hear.
听说你们住在蓝白屯
Yes, sir. I grew up there as a girl.
是的 先生 我自小在那长大
Delightful village. I ran to Lambton as a boy
可爱的村庄 小时候每逢七叶树季节
almost every day in the horse-chestnut season.
几乎每天我都会跑到蓝白屯
- There was one very fine tree there.
我记得有一棵很好的树
- On the green, by the smithy!
就在铁匠铺旁的草地上
- Mr Gardiner, do you care for fishing?
嘉丁纳先生 您喜欢钓鱼吗?
- Indeed I do, when I get the chance.
一有机会我就会钓鱼
You must fish in my trout stream. There are carp,
有时间的话一定要到我的鲑鱼池里钓鱼
tench and pike in the lake, for coarse fishing.
有各式的鱼
I'll gladly provide you with rods and tackle,
我很乐意为您提供钓具
show you the best spots. Let's walk down now.
带您去最好的垂钓点 我们走过去吧
Follow us to the lake. My man will show you.
跟着我们到湖边 我的人会给你们指路的
There's a place down there where we...
那里有个地方...
Is this the proud Darcy you told us of?
这就是你说的那个傲慢的达西先生吗?
He is all ease and friendliness. No false dignity at all!
他很随和和友好 一点也不高高在上
I'm as astonished as you are.
我和你一样惊讶
I can't imagine what has affected this transformation.
想不通是什么让他改变
Can you not?
想不通么?
- Do you... - I...
你... 我...
Pray continue.
请您先讲
I was going to say again, sir,
我将重申 先生
how very unexpected your arrival was.
对你的到来我很意外
If we had known you were to be here,
如果知道您会回来
we should not have dreamt of invading your privacy.
我们绝不前来打扰
The housekeeper assured us you would not be here until tomorrow.
管家向我们保证过你明天才回来的
Do not make yourself uneasy.I had planned it so myself,
放轻松 本来我是那样打算的
but I found I had business with my steward.
但有事应和管家提前商量
I rode on ahead of the rest of the party.
就抢在其他人前头先回来了
They will join me tomorrow.
他们明天就来
And among them are those who claim an acquaintance with you.
有些人你认识的
It's Mr Bingley and his sisters.
就是宾利先生和他姐妹
Oh.
There is the other person in the party who more particularly wishes to know you.
还有另一人特别希望能认识你
Will you allow me to...
请容许我...
Do I ask too much to introduce my sister to you,
在您逗留蓝白屯期间
during your stay at Lambton?
可否将舍妹介绍给你
I should be very happy to make her acquaintance.
我很乐意结识令妹
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
I hope we shall meet again very soon.
希望不久我们就可再见
Good day, Mr Gardiner. Mrs Gardiner.
再见 嘉丁纳先生 嘉丁纳太太
Good day, Miss Bennet.
再见 班纳特小姐