Hey, honey, Hugh Grant has a--
亲爱的 有一部休·格兰特...
Okay, well, Alex has a cello lesson at 11:00...
好的 艾丽克斯11点有大提琴课
and Junior Congress at noon.
中午要参加象棋课
Doesn't she also have no boys at forever?
她不是还要上一辈子的光棍课吗
Don't you have an eating disorder you need to attend to?
你还是关心一下自己的饮食失调问题吧
Yeah, anyway, uh, we could see the 4:00 or the 6:20.
不管怎么说 可以看4点或6:20的场
Oh, actually, that's no good.
实际上 那两场我都去不了
I'm meeting my friend Denise for a drink.
我要和丹妮丝去喝点东西
Denise? Do I know Denise?
丹妮丝 我认识吗
Yeah. You know, my old girlfriend.
是啊 就是我前女友
Oh, my God. Gross. I can't even picture you with a woman.
老天 想到你和一个女人在一起就恶心
- Thank you. - You had a girlfriend before Mom?
-谢谢 -你还有前女友
Trust me. I had plenty of fun in my time.
我之前一直过得很快活
And then I met your mom.
直到遇见了你妈
So I guess she travels
她应该是四处奔波
around selling makeup for a cosmetics company.
为某个化妆品公司做推销
She's in town for a week.
会在城里待一周
You mean she's like a door-to-door salesman?
你是说 她是个挨家挨户的推销员
If you were doing it, they'd call it a dork-to-dork salesman.
换成是你 就是个呆家呆户的推销员
My boy strikes like a rattlesnake!
一记漂亮的突袭
Oh, yeah? W-Well, you-
是吗 那 那你就是
Wow. All right, well, we can see the movie tomorrow.
好了 电影明天再去看
Come on. It's time for your lesson.
跟我走 该去上课了
You mean her second lesson, because she just got schooled.
是第二堂课 她刚刚可是被我教育了一课
What's wrong with me today?
我今天是怎么了
Shake it off, champ. It's not your day.
算了 宝贝 今天你的水平发挥不出来
- Ay, good morning, papi. -Is it?
-早上好 小家伙 -是吗
Ay, you're still sad because of that audition.
还在为试镜结果难过吗
That part was mine. I was born to play Tevye.
那角色是我的 我生来就该演特维
Instead they give it to Rod Jackson?
他们竟然让罗德·杰克逊来演
What does he know from suffering?
他哪里懂什么叫受苦受难
- How are we doing? - A little better.
-情况如何 -略有起色
But we're gonna go and throw ice cream at the problem.
不过这问题得用冰激凌解决
Well, if that doesn't work, this should do the trick.
要是冰激凌都没用 就试试这个
"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."
"大难不死 人自更强"
We can hang this in your room.
把这个挂在你房间
You can see it every morning, start to internalize it.
每天早晨看一眼 用心去体会
Pretty soon nothing will keep you down.
以后什么都打不倒你
What are you talking about?
你说什么
Lots of stuff that doesn't kill you makes you weaker.
很多大难只会让人更脆弱
My friend's grandfather had a heart attack.
我朋友的爷爷只是患了心脏病
Now he needs a machine to breathe.
现在连喘气都要靠一台机器支撑
I've seen him- at the supermarket.
我见过他 就在超市里
Now he needs to drive one of those little, like-
走到哪都得推着一台
That's right. Be negative.
好了 你继续悲观教育吧
It's just not a good poster, Jay.
那幅画确实不怎么样 杰
You're only making me stronger.
你的打击只会让我变得更坚强
- Did you pack the bread for the ducks? - Yes.
-喂鸭子的面包带了吗 -带了
Not the whole-wheat kind. The ducks don't like that.
不要全麦的 鸭子不吃
They're ducks, Mitchell. They don't care.
米奇尔 鸭子是不会介意的
We both believe that
我们都觉得
animals should play a big part in Lily's life.
动物在莉莉成长过程中是不可或缺的
Having grown up on a farm, I was surrounded by them.
我在农场上长大 接触过很多动物
They were more like brothers
它们更像是我的兄弟姐妹
and sisters than just, you know, livestock.
而不仅仅是牲畜家禽
Delicious brothers and sisters.
多美味的兄弟姐妹
Life on a farm- they know what they're getting into.
生在农场 它们深知以后的命运
- Oh, it's the office. -Don't answer it.
-公司打来的 -别接
It's like this every Saturday. Just ignore it.
每周六都来这一套 别接了
Well, maybe it's not that this time. Hello?
也许这次不是呢 喂
Holy- Shel? You all right, buddy?
我靠..小壳 你还好吗 哥们
Oh, there's four of 'em, Mitchell.
一共4只小鸭子呢 米奇尔
They're giving her little duck kisses.
它们在亲莉莉
Oh, she's laughing. I can't believe you're missing this.
她笑得很开心 真遗憾你看不到
Well, why not, Cam? I've missed everything else.
那又怎样 小卡 我错过的还少吗
She rolled over when I was in Phoenix.
她第一次翻身 我在凤凰城
She started scooting when I was in court.
她学会爬行时 我却在法庭上
Well, just tell 'em you're not coming in. You do enough for 'em.
告诉他们你不去加班 你做的够多的了
Well, you know that. I know that. You know?
关于这一点 你知道 我也知道
The only one who doesn't know that is my sucky boss.
只有我那个混蛋老板不知道
He's the suckiest suck of all time.
他是有史以来最混蛋的混蛋
He's a miserable son of a bitch who...
他个可怜的贱人
may have heard everything I just said.
好像听到了我刚才说的话
- Hi, honey. -Hey.
-嗨 亲爱的 -嗨
When are you getting together with your gal pal?
什么时候去见你的女性朋友
Actually, I was just checking on that.
事实上 我正在等消息呢
She's supposed to send me a message.
她还没给我发站内信
Oh, you're Facebook friends.
原来你加了她的Facebook
Sure am. She's one of my 447 friends.
当然 她只是447个好友之一
Everybody wants a slice.
大家都对我想入"菲菲"呢
How long have you two been in touch with each other?
你们恢复联系有多久了
Uh, she tracked me down about a year ago.
她差不多一年前联系到的我
What? What's- What's that sound?
怎么了 你什么意思
Oh. Here she is right now.
站内信终于来了
"How about we meet at Le Reve at 7:30?"
"七点半 梦境餐厅见"
That sounds innocent enough- I mean-
你们的约会真够"单纯"的
drinks with an ex-girlfriend at an intimate French restaurant.
和前女友在一家适合幽会的法国餐厅喝酒
Honey, you're doing that thing when you say what I want you to say
亲爱的 你说的话正是我期盼从你口中听到的
but your tone seems mean.
但你的语气好刻薄
Let me guess. Denise isn't married.
让我猜猜啊 丹妮丝还没结婚
Recently divorced. What's the big deal?
最近才离的 这有什么问题
Come on, Phil. You can't be that naive.
得了 菲尔 别太傻太天真
Seriously, women in their 30s on the Internet are like-
说真的 网上那些奔四的女人
they're like ninjas.
个个都是忍者
They get into their little black outfits
换上黑色外套
and try and sneak their way into your marriage.
暗地里当第三者插足别人的婚姻
That's not Denise.
丹妮丝不是那种人
Here. Read some of her messages.
你看 这都是她给我发的站内信
- You're gonna feel silly. - Okay.
-你看完就知道你想多了 -好吧
"Hey, Phil. How's it going?"
"嗨 菲尔 最近怎么样啊"
You can't add the sexy voice.
你别乱加性感的勾引声音
"Hi, Phil. How's it going?"
"嗨 菲尔 过得怎么样"
"So glad to hear your neck is better."
"得知你脖子不疼了 我很高兴"
- Are you seriously jealous? - No,
-你真吃醋了 -没有
I am not jealous at all.
我一点都没吃醋
I just happen to know women better than you do,
只是比你更懂女人而已
and that woman wants a slice.
那女人绝对对你存有非分之想
Okay. Just to prove how wrong you are,
好吧 为了证明你的想法是错的
I'm gonna invite her over here for drinks.
我打算邀她来家里喝酒
Fine with me. Just hope it's fine with Denise.
我无所谓 但愿她不介意
"Gee, Phil, I really had my heart set on Le Reve."
"哎呀菲尔 我整颗心都在梦境餐厅"
That voice doesn't bother me.
你故意刻薄的声音可不会让我生气
Has he been acting weird around you?
他有什么反常的举动吗
No, no. I've been avoiding him all morning.
没有 我一上午都躲着他
So you don't even know if he heard you.
所以说你其实根本不知道他听没听见
That's why we're doing this.
所以叫你来帮忙
And where are you? I only have a half hour for lunch.
你到哪了 午餐时间只有半个小时
So this is where it happened.
早上就是在这里碰见他的
Just turn off the phone,
关掉手机
roll down the window and we'll see if you can hear me.
摇下车窗 试试能不能听见我说话
Go around! We're re-creating a faux pas!
请绕行 我们要重现骂人的过程
Okay. Can you hear me now?
好了 能听见我说话吗
Yeah, but just barely.
可以 但听不太清
Is this how loud you were talking?
你之前骂的时候这么小声吗
It might have been a little bit louder.
可能比这个音量大一点
There was traffic. I almost had to shout.
当时路上都是车 几乎得用喊的
- You almost had to what? - Shout.
- 几乎得什么 -用喊的
- Little bit louder now. - Shout.
-大点声 -用喊的
- Little bit louder now. - Shout!
-再大点声 -用喊的
Really, Cam? My job is at stake here, and-
别闹了 小卡 我的工作要保不住了
Oh, who are we kidding? You can obviously hear me.
开什么玩笑 显然你一开始就听得清
Manny? Manny, come here a second, pal.
曼尼 曼尼 过来一下
- Huh? - I got some bad news, buddy.
-什么事 -有个坏消息要告诉你
Well, there's no easy way to say this.
我很难以启齿
Shel Turtlestein is dead.
小壳·斯坦龟死了
I was down here reading the paper,
当时我正在看报纸
and I heard this commotion up in your room.
只听楼上你的房间一阵骚乱的声音
So- so naturally, I go running up there.
出 出于本能反应 我跑上楼
And this mangy raccoon had busted through your screen.
看见一只脏兮兮的浣熊已经破窗而入
He must have scampered up to where Shel was.
它肯定是跳到了小壳的鱼缸旁边
By the time I walked in, he had-
因为我进去的时候 那个坏家伙
the little bastard had him by the neck and shaking him.
正抓着小壳的脖子使劲甩
Gravel was flying everywhere.
碎石被甩得到处都是
He didn't even flinch.
它看见我一点都不怕
He just stared at me with that smug look and then bolted.
还得意地盯着我看 然后一下子就溜了
If only I'd have got here earlier.
我真后悔没有早点上来
May I see the body?
我能看看小壳的尸体吗
Baby, are you sure that's a good idea?
宝贝 你真的要看吗
It's something I have to do.
再痛苦我也必须面对
- That's him. - Sorry, pal.
-确实是它 -对不起 哥们
It just doesn't make any sense.
可是完全说不通呀
Yep. Only the good die young.
是啊 好龟不长命
But in school, we learn raccoons are nocturnal.
老师说 浣熊只在夜间行动
They sleep during the day.
白天都在睡觉
They sure do, and this one must've got up for a midnight snack.
当然 这一只可能是半夜起来找零食的
You know, we've all done that.
我们人也有类似的经历嘛
- I guess so. -Yeah.
-应该是吧 -是啊
I don't think I can be in here right now. Too many memories.
我现在无法待在这个房间 太多回忆了
- You lie. - What?
-你撒谎 -什么
I'm Colombian. I know a fake crime scene when I see one.
在哥伦比亚 骗局我见一个识破一个
I was hanging up the new poster
我当时想把那幅画钉在墙上
and it fell on top of him. It was an accident.
结果它掉下来砸在小壳身上 纯属意外
You have to tell him.
去跟他说实话
No. I've been through this before.
不行 我有经验
When Mitchell was nine, I was supposed to take care of his bird.
米奇尔九岁的时候 他让我照看他的鸟
It got out and flew into a fan.
结果它飞了出去 撞上了一台电扇
It was like a bloody pillow fight.
那场面就像血花四溅的枕头大战
My God. How many pets have you killed?
老天 你到底杀过多少只宠物
I took the heat on the bird. It was a big mistake.
我不小心害死了那只鸟 是大错特错
To this day, Mitchell looks at me,
直到今天 米奇尔看我的眼神
I see him thinking,
都好像在说
"That's the guy who killed Fliza Minnelli."
"芙莱莎·米奈丽就是被这个人杀死的"
And what if he finds out? Then what?
要是曼尼发现了 你又要怎么办
You'll be the guy that killed his pet and lied to him.
到时候你不仅是宠物杀手 还是个骗子
He's not gonna find out because I covered my tracks.
他不会发现的 我已经掩盖好自己的"行迹"了
How did I not know that kid was gay?
我当时怎么就没发现他是同性恋呢
Big day for you, huh?
今天可是你的大日子
- Because you will get to meet your real mom. - What?
-你终于可以见到你的亲妈了 -什么
We all made a pact we'd deny it until you turned 21.
本来大家说好 等你21岁再告诉你
But that's the real reason Dad's old girlfriend's coming over.
但是爸爸的前女友就是为这事来的
and if she likes you, you'll go live with her.
要是她喜欢你 你就得跟她生活了
I'm not adopted. I'm asking Mom.
我才不是被领养的 我要去问妈妈
You mean Mrs. Dunphy? She's not going to tell you the truth.
你是说邓菲太太吗 她不会跟你说实话的
Just 'cause he called you a dork-to-dork salesman?
就因为他说你是呆家呆户的推销员吗
The empire shakes back.
姐全力回击
Raccoons have five toes.
浣熊爪有5个指头
I don't mean to bother you.
我不想来烦你
It's just confusing.
但我很疑惑
The footprints in my room only have four toes.
我房间里浣熊的两只脚印都只有4个指头
You know, I bet I know what happened.
我知道怎么回事
I'll bet he lost those toes in a fight.
它肯定是在一场打斗中失去了两个指头
And that guy looked like he'd been in a brawl or two.
那家伙看起来像是经过了几场打斗
- One toe from each foot? - Maybe.
-刚好一只爪失去一个指头 -有可能
You know, Manny, I think the only thing...
曼尼 只有一件事
that's gonna get you to stop asking all these questions...
可以让你不再问这样的问题
is for you to have a little closure.
就是 一个永久性的告别
Well,I'd like to throw a little memorial for Shel.
给小壳举办一场小型追悼会吧
It'll be good for all of us.
那对我们大家都好
That way we get our grief out,
那样就可以把悲痛发泄出来
and then we never have to talk about this ever, ever again.
之后谁都不要再提这件事 永远不提
Hi. Oh, careful. There's a thing.
嗨 当心脚下
Yeah. Good to see you.
见到你真高兴
- Hi! Oh, my God. - Hi. I'm Claire.
-嗨 -嗨 我是克莱尔
You must be- Oh. Yeah. Hi.
你就是 嗨
- Denise. - Well- Okay.
-丹妮丝 -是的
You're even prettier than the pictures that Phil's always posting.
你本人比菲尔上传的照片还要漂亮
- Just a couple. - Oh?
-只有几张 -是吗
Shut up. Every week.
瞎说 每周都有
He loves showing you off.
他喜欢炫耀你的照片
And my boyfriend likes your Acapulco pictures,
我男友喜欢你在阿卡普尔科照的那几张
probably a little too much.
喜欢得我都有点吃醋了
Well, thank your boyfriend for me.
替我谢谢你男友
Oh, I brought you, um, some lifting intensifier.
我给你带来一瓶祛皱紧致霜
Not that you need it. It's a limited edition,
我知道你用不上 不过这是限量版
- Thank you. Thank you. - Never mind.
-谢谢 谢谢 -不客气
Oh, Denise, I think you might know these people.
丹妮丝 给你介绍我的孩子
- Uh, that's Haley - Hi.
-这是海莉 -嗨
- Alex and- - Luke.
-艾丽克斯和 -卢克
I had curly hair just like that when I was little.
他的卷发和我小时候的一模一样
So? That doesn't mean anything.
那又怎样 说明不了什么
Why don't we, uh, come on in, have a seat. Please.
大家都过来 请坐
So what was my dad like in high school?
爸爸上高中时候是什么样子
Only the most amazing break-dancer ever.
他的霹雳舞无人超越
- No way. - Oh, don't fire it up. What? What?
-不可能 -别刺激我 你看 你看
He had a boom box and a piece of cardboard in his locker.
他柜子里有一个大匣子和一块硬纸板
- And what was your dance name? - O-Zone.
-你那个舞叫什么名字 -O型区
I drove him to his Star Search audition.
我开车送他去搜星节目试镜
Which is totally political, by the way.
顺便提一下 试镜就是走个形式
That is dead-ass funny. I'm so calling you that.
太搞笑了 我以后就叫你这个
Wow. You really lucked out.
你太走运了
You have a beautiful wife, a gorgeous house.
美丽娇妻 豪华住房
And those kids- I could take Luke home with me.
还有一群孩子 我都想把卢克带回家去
Well, be my guest.
不用跟我客气
Seriously, you go right ahead.
真的 赶紧把他带走吧
No! I like it here!
不行 我喜欢这个家
Alex, honey, will you go find out what's wrong with your brother?
艾丽克斯 宝贝 看看你弟弟怎么了
You know, um, if it's okay, I think I'm just gonna use the, um-
如果可以的话 我想去一下
Oh, yeah. Of course. Down the hall.
当然可以 走廊尽头就是
- Left-hand side. You can't miss it. - Thanks.
-就在左手边 很容易找到 -谢谢
- Okay, she's fantastic. -Yes?
-我承认她人很棒 -是吗
Yes. I feel awful.
是 我好愧疚
When did I become this horribly cynical person...
什么时候起 我变得这么刻薄
who assumes the worst about people?
把别人都往坏处想
I first noticed it seven years- You're not.
其实7年前我就发现...你才不是那种人
Such an idiot. Is it-
我太笨了 请问
- Oh, I'll show you. Yeah, yeah, yeah. - Okay. Thanks.
-我带你过去 没关系的 -谢谢
So how are we gonna do this?
我们要怎么做
I thought I'd just point at the door.
我以为只要给你指一下门
- So I was thinking - I was thinking too.
-所以我只想着 -我也是这么想的
Here... is my hotel room key.
这个 是我酒店的房卡
You can come by whenever you want.
随时欢迎你
That was funny this morning, huh-
今天早上挺有意思的 是吧
when I pulled up next to you at that stoplight?
红灯的时候我刚好停在你的车旁边
Yeah. Because I was on the phone with my partner...
对 当时我正在和我老公打电话
talking about how horrible his boss was- his.
谈论他的上司多讨厌 他的上司
And then you pull up. So-
然后你刚好停下 所以
Anyway, I'm glad I ran into you.
不管怎么说 很高兴路上碰见你
I'm getting worried they're gonna move up our court date.
我担心他们要把开庭日期提前
I need you to bust ass preparing.
所以你要全力做好准备
'Cause if they call us on Monday-
因为一旦周一叫我们去开庭
Uh, you need to get that?
一定要现在看吗
No. It's fine. It's just a...
不是 没关系 只是一张
picture of my daughter standing for the first time.
我女儿第一次站起来的照片
Yeah, they do that. It's a big day.
可以理解 确实值得庆祝
Anyway, I need you here tomorrow.
无论如何 明天你还要来加班
I know it's a Sunday, but,
我知道明天是周日 但是
uh, you think you can be on time, okay?
你肯定会准时到的 好吗
Actually, um, I have plans tomorrow,
其实 明天我有事
uh, so I won't be here.
就不来了
I-I have plans to stay at home
我打算明天待在家里
with my family and do absolutely nothing. Okay.
和家人一起 什么都不做 就这样
But I will see you on Monday.
不过周一我还是会来上班
So, you're in charge now, is that it?
你的意思是 这事你说了算
Well, I just figure if my daughter can stand up,
我才意识到 既然我女儿都能站起来
All right, look. We've all been working hard lately, okay?
好了 最近大家加班都很辛苦
But that's the job.
但这是工作性质决定的
So either come in tomorrow or don't bother coming back again.
明天不来 你就永远不用来了
Need the, uh, I.D. to
还得用一下证件
make the elevator go down to freedom...
乘电梯下楼 奔向自由
and this to complete my set.
还有咖啡 配合我的行头
Turtle, reptile, pet.
乌龟 爬行动物 宠物
Shel Turtlestein was many things.
小壳·斯坦龟不仅仅是一只乌龟
I don't think I can do this without crying.
再说下去我就要哭了
Maybe we should just get to the cold cuts.
不如我们直接跳到吃冷盘的环节吧
Well, we wanna hear it.
我们想听完
Jay, why don't you read it?
杰 要不你去念吧
You were with him at the end. Remember?
是你"送它上路"的 记得吗
"Shel Turtlestein was many things,"
"小壳·斯坦龟不仅仅是一只乌龟"
"but above all, he was my friend."
"最重要的是 它是我的朋友"
"When I didn't get a date with Fiona Gunderson,"
"当菲奥娜·冈德森拒绝我的约会请求"
"Shel was there."
"有小壳的见证"
"When I didn't get to play the part of Tevye,"
"当我落选特维的角色"
"Shel was there."
"有小壳的见证"
"And when a raccoon broke into my room,"
"而当一只浣熊闯入我的房间"
"unfortunately, Shel was there.
"不幸的是 小壳也在"
"I said a lot of things to my friend,"
"跟这位朋友 我说过很多话"
"but the one thing I never got to say was good-bye."
"但最终却来不及跟它说一句再见"
Stop. I know what really happened.
等一下 我知道它是怎么死的了
- You do? - I left a bag of chips near my bed.
-是吗 -我床边上有一包薯条
The raccoon must have smelled it. It's my fault he's dead.
浣熊肯定是闻到味了 是我害死了小壳
Jay, you don't have anything to say to Manny?
杰 有什么话要跟曼尼说吗
Shel forgives you.
小壳不会怪你的
These pictures are amazing. Thank you.
这些照片太棒了 谢谢你
Sweetie, that perm.
亲爱的 你还是卷发呢
Technically, that's a Jheri curl.
确切地说是杰里卷
I just love to take pictures. I took this one of myself today.
我特喜欢照相 今天还给自己照了一张
You know what? I'm gonna open a bottle of wine.
话说 我去开一瓶红酒
No. No. That's the worst idea.
不要 千万不要
No, no. I'm not in the mood.
别开 我没那个心情
What am I, raised by a pack of wolves?
我是怎么了 像个狼孩一样
You weren't completely wrong about Denise.
你对丹妮丝的判断也不是一点道理没有
- How's that? - She wants me.
-为什么这么说 -她想要我
- To do what? - It. Her.
-干什么 -那个 干她
Oh. Oh, this is because of the thing I said about Facebook...
我说Facebook上的女人不正经
and everybody's hooking up, and now you're disappointed.
大家都在上面约炮 所以你失望了
No. She bit the air right in front of me. Like that.
不是 她对着我大口咬空气 像这样
And then look what she tried to give me.
而且你看她塞给我一个什么
- Anything I can help with? - No.
-需要我帮忙吗 -不用了
I just- I can't find my corkscrew.
我找不到开瓶器了
- Touch me. - Okay. Denise,
-摸我 -好了 丹妮丝
I think somewhere along the line you got the wrong idea.
肯定是有什么地方让你误会了
My head is full of wrong ideas.
我脑袋里充满想入"菲菲"的误会
- You have such great taste, Claire. - Thank you.
-你的品味真不赖 克莱尔 -谢谢
I remember Phil used to have really good taste too.
菲尔当年也是很有品"味"的
- Let me get a little of this. - Oh, here it is.
-我用点洗手液 -找到了
Phil, would you mind grabbing us a couple glasses?
菲尔 拿几个杯子过来
- Need me to grab anything? - No!
-要我帮忙"抓"什么吗 -不用
- Okay, this is so wrong. - I know.
-这样太离谱了 -我知道
- It's way more exciting when she's in the room, isn't it? -No.
-有她在更刺激不是吗 -不是
I still have my cheerleader outfit.
我还留着拉拉队队长的衣服
But this still can't happen. When did that break?
但还是不能这样 那个怎么碎了
- Why are you wussing out? - I never wussed in.
-你怎么退却了 -我根本没想乱来
What about all those things you wrote on Facebook?
那你在Facebook上写那些是为什么
"How was your day? My neck is so sore."
"你还好吗 我脖子好疼"
Why do people keep adding voices to these things?
怎么大家都要把留言说的那么下流
I didn't mean anything.
我没别的意思
Are you telling me that I wasted a year
你是说 我在这段关系上
of my life on this relationship?
浪费了一年时间
How many other women have you led on?
还有多少女人被你勾引了
No, I don't know!
靠 我怎么知道
Do you remember when you broke your arm
记不记得 我们第一次约会的时候
when we were first dating?
你的胳膊受伤了
Yeah, uh, when I slipped on the ice.
记得 我在冰上摔倒了
Right. That's so weird. Because in this picture,
是啊 奇怪了 这张照片里
you're sitting with Denise and you have a broken arm, so-
你带着受伤的胳膊坐在丹妮丝旁边
Yeah, that's- that's weird.
是 是挺奇怪
- So you were still dating her when you started dating me? - No.
-你和我约会的时候和她还没断呢 -不是
- Phil? - Yeah. Maybe.
-菲尔 -可能是吧
There was a time, a little overlap...
有段时间 我横跨两条船
when, uh, I was trying to break things off with Denise.
当时 我打算和丹妮丝分手
You took me to Santa Fe.
那你还带我去圣达菲
Santa Fe? Phil, you told me that was your father.
圣达菲 你当时说是带你爸爸去
Okay, I know the pain is fresh, but the lie is really old.
我知道你们很"新疼" 但其实都是旧伤
You know, this was a mistake. I'm gonna leave.
我来就是个错误 我走了
Claire, if I were you, I would kick him out.
克莱尔 我要是你 就把他踢出家门
Maybe he'd appreciate you
可能他会更加感激你
more after he spent a lonely night in a hotel.
让他尝到孤身一人在酒店过夜的滋味
At the Radisson, by the airport.
在机场旁的雷迪森酒店
- You quit? - It was amazing.
-你辞职了 -感觉太棒了
No, no. This is the new me, Cam.
在你眼前的是一个全新的我 小卡
I am not letting people run my life anymore.
我再也不会让别人主宰我的生活
I should be nervous, but I'm not. I'm excited for you.
我应该紧张才对 但我反而为你激动
Yes! It's exciting! It's exciting.
没错 这太令人激动了 太激动了
Because you followed your heart, and that is worth celebrating.
你听从了自己内心的想法 值得庆祝
Cam, I just feel-
小卡 我觉得自己
And I'm not picking it up.
我不会去捡起来的
- I like this guy. - I do too.
-我喜欢你这样 -我也是
Yes, we'll have to cut back a little bit.
当然 我们以后要节俭一些
But isn't it worth it if you feel
但这值得 不是吗
like you're living your life for the first time?
第一次为自己而活
- Totally. - What were we even waiting for?
-太值得了 -那我们还等什么
You will go back to teaching music,
你重操旧业 当音乐老师
and then I'll just find something in a... few months.
我休息几个月 再找一份工作
And until then, all we need to do is just sit back...
在那之前 我们只管坐下来
and watch this little miracle here dazzle us.
看着我们的小千金快乐成长
- I'm tingling. - I am too.
-我好激动 -我也是
It's like my heart is full for the first time in forever.
我的心似乎从没这么充实过
Oh, God, it's really pounding.
老天 心跳得好快
It's like I feel the weight of
我能感受到
endless possibilities just sitting on my chest-
我的胸口充满了一切可能
She is not doing anything, Cam.
她什么表现都没有 小卡
You're not panicking, are you?
你不是慌乱了吧
- Of course I am panicking. - No. Don't panic.
-我当然慌乱了 -你别慌乱
If you panic, I panic!
你一乱 我也乱
I just quit my job. Cam! My God.
我刚辞职了 小卡 老天啊
Mitchell, I am used to nice things.
米奇尔 我过惯了好日子
What are we gonna do?
以后要怎么办
Okay. No, no. Just calm down.
别慌 镇定下来
This is what we're gonna do.
我来规划一下该怎么办
I am going to- I'm gonna do what I'm trained to do.
我要 我要用我的看家本领
I am going to lie, grovel, debase myself
为达目的不惜说谎
until I get what I want.
卑躬屈膝 自我贬低
I am a lawyer, damn it.
我可是律师 妈的
Oh, no, you're right. The tie.
提醒的好 忘了打领带
No. We'll find something better for you,
我是说 我们一定能找到更合适你
something that works for all of us.
而且对大家都好的办法
There's no Plan "B" here, Cam.
没有备用方案的 小卡
We have a mortgage. We have- We have a child to support.
我们要还房贷 还要养个孩子
Hey, it's gonna be okay.
一切都会好的
We're gonna figure it out.
我们肯定有办法
I just want you to be happy, and you will be happy.
我只希望你开心 你一定会开心的
And that is something worth toasting.
这才是值得庆祝的事
Let's just drink the cheap stuff,
喝那个便宜的吧
'cause we might have to sell that bottle.
那瓶贵的我们转手卖掉吧
It's hard to sleep in a bed of lies.
说谎太多容易失眠
Kids get over these things pretty quick.
小孩记性很差
He's probably sleeping like a baby right now.
没准他现在像婴儿一样熟睡呢
I'm sure he's wide awake, full of guilt.
他肯定是清醒着的 满心愧疚
Well, I'm going to sleep.
反正我要睡觉了
- What are you doing up? - Waiting.
-你怎么不睡 -我在等待
The truth. It wasn't a raccoon, was it?
等真相 浣熊不是凶手 对吗
Oh, all right. You got me. I killed Shel.
好了好了 被你发现了 是我的错
All right? I'm sorry. It was an accident.
行了吧 对不起 我不是故意的
Why didn't you just tell me?
你当时为什么不说实话
Because I didn't want you to be upset with me.
我不想惹你生气
You and I got off to a rocky start.
我们一开始关系很僵
Lately, it's been pretty good.
最近 好不容易相处融洽了
I was afraid I'd mess all that up
我害怕毁了这一切
if you knew that I was the one that killed your pet.
所以不想让你知道是我杀死了你的宠物
Now you're the guy who killed my pet
但你现在不仅杀了我的宠物
and made a stupid lie about it.
还编了个愚蠢的谎言
Well, I don't think it was stupid.
我不觉得那是个愚蠢的谎言
I thought it was pretty clever.
我以为挺聪明的
I was just trying to avoid past mistakes.
我只是不想重蹈覆辙
I know I can't make things all better right now,
我知道我现在无法弥补对你造成的伤害
but maybe over time.
但我相信以后会的
Since we're confessing things,
既然你已经坦白了 我也该坦白
you know that scratch on your car?
还记得你车上的抓痕吗
The one that can't be buffed out? Yeah?
就是一直擦不掉的那个 记得
You should probably know how it happened.
你应该猜得到是怎么回事
I know how it happened.
我知道是怎么回事
- Good night, Jay. -Good night, kid.
-晚安 杰 -晚安 小家伙
Best thing I ever did
我最大的成就
was quit a miserable job and start my own business.
就是辞了份烂工作 自己创业
- Thanks, Dad. - No, it's not gonna be easy.
-谢谢老爸 -不过自己创业也不容易
That's why Gloria and I wanna give you a little something
所以我和歌洛莉亚来送你个东西
to help you through it.
帮你渡过难关
No. I want to, Mitch.
一定要给你 米奇
Okay, but, I mean, as soon as I'm back on my feet, I really want to-
辞职之后 我特别想
Oh. Oh, Dad. No. You-
爸爸 不要 你
You tried to give me this 20 years ago when my pet snake died.
20年前我的宠物蛇死了 你就想给我这个的
- Zsa Zsa Gaboa? - Oh, that's adorable.
-叫扎扎·戈波娃 -这名字真可爱
And you really didn't know that he was gay?
你当时真不知道他是同性恋
I must've, right?
我该知道的 对吧