小谢尔顿 第二季 Young Sheldon Season 2 第2集: 棋逢对手以及牛顿爵士 A Rival Prodigy and Sir Isaac Neutron

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 贾弗尔·马哈穆德 / 霍华德·达奇

演员: 伊恩·阿米蒂奇 / 佐伊·派瑞 / 兰斯·巴伯 / 蒙塔纳·乔丹 / 拉根·雷沃德 / 安妮·波茨 / 吉姆·帕森斯 / 瑞安·方 / 怀亚特·麦克卢尔 / 华莱士·肖恩


台词
Previously on Young Sheldon...
《少年谢尔顿》前情提要
I've been corresponding with Dr. John Sturgis
我跟约翰·斯特吉斯博士一直有通信
at East Texas Tech.
他在东德克萨斯理工大学教书
He said I could audit his course.
他说我能去旁听他的课
I'm John Sturgis.
我是约翰·斯特吉斯
Sheldon invited me to dinner.
谢尔顿邀请我来共进晚餐
Spaghetti and hot dogs is delightful.
意面配热狗丁真是超好吃
You're only here temporarily?
这表示你只是暂时待在这个城市吗
That's the plan for now,
目前的计划是这样
but I could be enticed to stay.
但如果有理由留下 我也可以留
I do believe there was subtext there.
姥姥 我觉得他话中有话
Did you pick up on it?
你有听出弦外之音吗
Okay.
好了
I'll see you later.
我们晚点见
Are you sure you don't want to stay with me?
你确定你不要留下来陪我吗
I don't think so. I don't really understand this stuff.
算了吧 我也听不懂这些东西
That's how I felt when we watched Dirty Dancing,
我看电影《辣身舞》时也是这感觉啊
and I stayed.
但我也没走
When Patrick Swayze takes his shirt off in here,
当那电影男主角在这里脱下上衣时
I'll be back. You have a good one.
我会回来的 你好好上课
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好
Who are you?
你是谁
I'm Paige.
我叫佩吉
I like your bow tie.
我喜欢你的领结
Thank you.
谢谢
You seem awfully young, Paige.
你看起来非常年轻啊 佩吉
Are you with an adult who's taking this class?
你是班上哪位成人带来的吗
No. Dr. Sturgis heard about my research
不是 约翰·斯特吉斯博士
on quantum chromodynamics at high temperatures
听了我关于高温下的量子色动力学演讲
and invited me to audit his course.
之后就邀请我来旁听他的课
Is that so?
是吗
Yes. He's been super nice.
对啊 他人超好
Interesting. Well, just so we're clear,
有意思 我先说清楚
he's my mentor, he's my meemaw's boyfriend,
她是我的导师 也是我姥姥的男朋友
and he had spaghetti and hot dogs at my house.
他还来我家吃过意粉配热狗丁
The spaghetti goes on the hot dogs?
热狗上有意粉吗
No.
不是的
You realize this is a very advanced class.
你知道这是十分进阶的课程吧
We'll be discussing deriving nuclear physics from the quark model.
我们会谈到从夸克模型推导核子物理
Do you know if he'll be doing a
你知道他会不会
full color octet calculation with matrix manipulations?
教用矩阵乘法做八色胶子运算吗
I do not.
我不知道
Do you know how to differentiate under the integral sign?
那你知道怎么做莱布尼茨积分法则吗
No.
不会
Well, do you know anything?
那你知道什么啊
I know you're in my spot.
我知道你坐了我的专座
♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪
♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪
♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪
♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪
♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪
♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
少年
第二季 第二集
谢尔顿
少年
第二季 第二集
谢尔顿
少年
第二季 第二集
谢尔顿
少年
第二季 第二集
谢尔顿
少年
谢尔顿
少年
谢尔顿
How old are you?
你几岁啊
I'm ten.
我十岁
I'm ten, too.
我也十岁
When's your birthday?
你的生日是几月几号
February 26.
2月26号
March 17.
我3月17号
I'm the youngest person in this class.
我是全班最小的孩子呢
That's funny.
真有意思
Oh, good.
太好了
I see you two have met.
你们俩已经见过面啦
I'm younger than him.
我比他还小
How come you never mentioned she was coming to this class?
你怎么没提过她要来上这门课
I thought it would be a fun surprise.
我觉得会是个有趣的惊喜嘛
I don't like surprises.
我不喜欢惊喜
Neither do I.
我也不喜欢
Then why did you do it?
那你为什么还这么做
Some people like surprises.
有些人喜欢惊喜啊
I love surprises.
我喜欢惊喜
Did you enjoy this one?
那你喜欢这个惊喜吗
- Yes. - A 50% success rate.
-喜欢 -5成成功率
Not bad. Let's get started.
还不错 开始上课吧
Not since sharing a uterus with my twin sister
从跟我姐姐分享我妈妈的子宫之后
have I been so unhappy sitting next to someone.
我还没有这么不爽地坐在别人旁边过
Awful quiet back there.
某人在后座很安静啊
I'm having an emotion I'm unfamiliar with.
我有一种我不太熟悉的情绪
Hmm. Think it might have something to do with your new classmate?
会不会是跟今天有了新同学有关呢
It's possible.
有可能
She's the only variable in the social equation.
她是我的社交方程中唯一的新变数
So what are you feeling?
你有什么感觉
My face is hot,
我脸蛋发热
I've a knot in my stomach,
肚子里仿佛打了结
and I'm resisting the urge to kick your seat right now.
我还得忍着踢你椅背的冲动
I'm thinking it might be jealousy.
我觉得有可能是嫉妒
No, that's not in my nature.
不可能 我的性格里没有嫉妒
All right, let's go through all the emotions.
行吧 那来用删去法
I'm looking at your face,
我看了看你的脸部表情
so I'm gonna rule out happy.
我觉得可以删掉开心
Are you sad?
你难过吗
No, there's too much anger in there.
不 情绪里有太多愤怒
Oh, well, maybe you're angry.
那或许你是生气
No, there's too much sad in there.
不 情绪里也包含太多难过
Maybe you got a little crush on her.
或许你是暗恋上了她
Do you want me to kick your seat?
你是想要我踢你椅背吗
I don't know, Moonpie.
我不知道了 小饼饼
I'm still thinking it might be jealousy.
我还是觉得你是嫉妒了
Give me one reason why I would be jealous.
给我一个我可能嫉妒的理由
Well, Dr. Sturgis means a lot to you,
你很在乎斯特吉斯博士
and now he's paying attention to somebody else.
而现在他把注意力都放在别人身上
You're used to being the only smart kid around,
你曾经是班里唯一的一个聪明孩子
and now there's another.
现在又多了一个
Oh, and there's the possibility...
而且还有可能...
I said one reason, thank you.
我让你说一个理由而已 谢谢啊
Hello?
你好
Hello, Mary.
你好啊 玛丽
This is John Sturgis,
我是约翰·斯特吉斯
Sheldon's professor and your mother's lover.
谢尔顿的教授也是你母亲的爱人
Hi. And "John" was more than enough.
"约翰"我就知道了 不用补充那么多
I was calling because there's a new student in my class
我打来是因为我班上来了个新学生
who's Sheldon's age.
她跟谢尔顿同龄
No kidding.
真的假的
Her mother wondered if I could put you two in contact
她妈妈问我能不能帮忙交换联系方式
since you have so much in common.
毕竟你们两家有很多共同之处
Oh, of course.
没问题啊
Excellent.
太好了
I'll give you the number when you're ready.
你拿好纸笔我就给你念她电话号码
I am ready.
我拿好了
409 356 6049 409-356-6049.
John?
约翰
Yes?
怎么了
That's my number.
这是我家的号码
So it is!
还真是
This is so exciting.
真是好兴奋啊
Don't you understand what this means?
你知道这代表什么吗
Rather than me feel dumb, how about you just tell me?
与其让我感觉像个傻子 你还是直接说吧
These are parents we can actually relate to.
这是跟我们有共同之处的家长
- Yeah, sure. - All the times we wonder
-行吧 -这些年来我们一直烦恼
if we're doing right by Sheldon or how to handle him,
我们到底有没有养好谢尔顿
we finally have someone to compare notes with.
我们现在终于有人可以交换心得笔记啦
There's notes?
还有笔记的吗
I just been winging it.
我都是即兴发挥
- I'm gonna call her right now. - Sounds good.
-我现在就要打给她 -好主意
Oh, thank you, Lord, for connecting us
感谢主 让我们能认识
with the parents of another special child.
另一对有一个特别孩子的父母
You kids are special, too.
你们俩孩子也很特别啊
Do you feel special?
你觉得自己特别吗
At least I'm the only daughter.
好歹我还是家里唯一的女儿
You got nothing.
你啥都不沾边
And she's such a know-it-all.
她这人可自以为什么都懂了
Yeah, you mentioned that.
你说过了
I'm surprised her arm wasn't sore from raising her hand so much.
我很好奇她整天一直举手答题手酸不酸
Yep, sure.
行行行
And who goes to college with stickers on their notepad?
而且谁上大学笔记本还贴那么多贴纸啊
I don't know.
我不知道
Unicorn stickers.
还是独角兽贴纸
And we're home.
我们到家啦
Hey, Shelly.
谢利
Guess who's coming over tomorrow?
你猜谁明天要来家里玩
Your new friend Paige.
你的新朋友佩吉
Okay, I'm gonna go.
好了 我要闪人了
Come on, Shelly. Maybe you'll end up being friends.
别这样嘛 谢利 说不定你们会变成好朋友
I don't like her,
我不喜欢她
I'm not going to like her, and Tam is my friend.
我也没打算要喜欢她 我的朋友是丹
I don't need another one.
我不需要新朋友了
You can have more than one friend.
你可以有不只一个朋友啊
I'm sure Tam has other friends.
我肯定丹一定也有别的朋友
No, I'm all he's got.
没有 我是他唯一的朋友
And even I avoid him half the time.
而就连我都有一半的时间在躲着他
Also, you don't have any friends.
而且你也没有朋友啊
Why are you so worried about me?
你为什么要那么担心我
I have friends.
我有朋友啊
Then how come the only person who ever comes over is Meemaw?
那为什么唯一会来家里的只有姥姥
Because...
因为...
Okay, this isn't about me.
好啦 事情的重点不是我
So Paige didn't make a good first impression,
佩吉没有给你留下好的第一印象
but that can change.
但这可以改变啊
What's that new Star Trek show?
那个新的《星际迷航》的剧叫什么
Next Generation?
《下一代》吗
When that first came on, you said a new Star Trek
它刚出的时候 你说没有史波克博士
without Dr. Spock could never be good,
那个剧不可能会好看
but I've seen you watching it.
但我有看到你在追这个剧啊
Well, first of all, it's Mr. Spock.
首先 是史波克先生
Dr. Spock writes books about babies.
史波克医生[博士]是写幼童保健书的
My apologies.
我道歉
And second of all, Paige isn't a TV show.
其次 佩吉也不是电视剧
She's a person, and we all know how I feel about people.
她是个人 而你知道我对人有什么看法
Okay, look.
好吧 你听我说
You're right.
你说得对
I don't have many friends,
我没有多少朋友
so I was hoping to get to know Paige's mom.
所以我希望能够认识佩吉的妈妈
But if it makes you uncomfortable,
但如果这事会让你心里不舒服
then I will call her and cancel.
我可以打给她并取消见面
I'll think about it.
我考虑考虑
Thank you, baby.
谢谢你 宝贝
Guilt and jealousy in the same day.
在同一天感到内疚与嫉妒
I slept hard that night.
我那晚辗转难眠
Did you know that there's a type of vanilla flavoring
你知道有一种人工香草
derived from the anal glands of the North American beaver?
是从美洲河狸的肛门腺提取出来的吗
That seems like a fact you could have shared
感觉你应该在我们开动前
before we started eating.
分享这个小知识才对啊
It isn't used very often.
当然这并不常被用到
I understand it's difficult to, uh, milk the little sacs.
我能理解 毕竟要从那小囊中挤出来很难
Cool. Okay, new topic.
厉害 好的 新话题
Let's talk about Sheldon.
来聊聊谢尔顿
Wonderful. What about him?
很好 什么事
He's having kind of a hard time with the new girl in your class.
他有点难接受班里新来的女同学
Really? Why?
真的吗 为什么
He's jealous of the attention you're paying her.
你对她的特别关爱令他感到有些嫉妒
Well, she's remarkable.
她很棒嘛
You see that? Less of that.
你看到了吗 少这样一点
But I think he's remarkable, too.
但我也觉得他很棒啊
Perfect. More of that, less of the other one.
完美 这样多一点 前面那样少一点
Understood.
懂了
See, this is why we're great together.
你看 这就是为什么我们特别搭
You teach me about social etiquette,
你教导我社交礼仪
and I teach you about beaver anuses.
我教你河狸肛门的知识
It is magical.
的确是很奇妙
Did you know "ani" is also acceptable
你知道肛"们"可以被用来
as the plural of "anus"?
指复数的"肛"吗
And the magic continues.
奇妙一波接一波
Must have been most difficult for you to share.
你分享出来想必也很困难吧
The thought of spending an afternoon
想到要一整个下午
with Paige seemed excruciating,
都跟佩吉相处令我感到十分折磨
but I wanted to make my mother happy.
但我又想让我妈妈开心
I was torn.
我内心十分纠结
The release of emotions, Mr. Spock,
史波克先生 释放情感
is what keeps us healthy--
才是让我们保持健康...
emotionally healthy, that is.
保持内心健康的方法
Luckily, the wise words of Gene Roddenberry
但幸好 由伦纳德·尼莫伊先生无情感演绎的
flatly delivered by Leonard Nimoy
来自主创吉恩·罗登伯里所写的金句
resolved my dilemma.
解决了我的困境
That may be, Doctor.
或许吧 医生
However, I have noted
不过 我发现了
that the healthy release of emotion
人们健康良好地释放情绪时
is frequently very unhealthy.
常常结果都十分不良好
I realized if Mr. Spock could rise above his emotions
我发现了如果史波克先生能在进取号危在旦夕时
while the fate of the Enterprise hung in the balance,
也不慌不乱 凌驾自己的情绪
certainly I could tolerate Paige for a few hours.
我当然也能忍受佩吉几个小时
I'm not watching this crap.
我不要看这个破剧
Why do I listen to you?
我为什么听你的
Tony, this is going to help you choose a major.
托尼 这能帮你选一个专业
This test is designed to help you focus.
这个测试能帮你集中精神
I know, but what if it says all I'm good at is...
我知道 但万一测试结果说我只擅长....
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Suppressing my emotions.
压抑我的情绪
Oh, yeah? Suppress this.
是吗 那你压抑一下这个
Hot dogs.
热狗
Vulcans use a technique called Kolinahr
瓦肯人使用一种叫科林纳的技术
to suppress their emotions.
来压抑情绪
Sheldon, they're here!
谢尔顿 他们来了
Obviously, I wasn't a Vulcan.
显然我不是瓦肯人
So I did the next best thing:
所以我只能退而求其次
took my feelings and shoved them down so far
把我的情绪埋到了最深处
they may have been lost forever.
也许从此只能变成无心人
Hi, Sheldon!
你好呀 谢尔顿
The release of emotions, Mr. Spock,
史波克先生 释放情感
is what keeps us healthy.
是让我们保持健康的方法
Dr. McCoy was an idiot.
麦考伊医生就是个白痴
- Well, you just have a beautiful home. - Thank you.
-你家真温馨漂亮 -谢谢
Can I interest anyone in something stronger than iced tea?
有人想喝比冰茶更烈的饮品吗
Oh, well, I'll take a beer if you have one.
如果你家有 我就来瓶啤酒吧
Don't worry. He's personally keeping
你放心 全靠他
the Lone Star Brewing Company in business.
孤星酿酒厂才没有倒闭
They did send me a belt buckle.
他们还真给我寄了一个感谢皮带扣
Be right back.
我去去就回
So, Barry, uh, Linda tells me you're a dentist?
巴里 琳达告诉我你是牙医
Uh, yes. I have a practice up in Jasper.
对 我在杰斯帕市有个诊所
Uh, Paige actually does some of the bookkeeping for us.
事实上 佩吉还帮我们记账
That's so funny.
太巧了
Sheldon does our taxes.
谢尔顿也帮我们报税
Oh! Yeah, we used to pay her in stickers,
以前我们给她贴纸作为酬劳
but, this year, she actually started asking for money.
但今年她开始管我们要钱了
Well, don't let Sheldon hear that.
千万别让谢尔顿听见了
We pay him in binder clips.
我们都只付他装订夹
He loves being organized.
他喜欢让一切井井有条
Boy, does he.
可不是嘛
We can't go to the grocery store without him making sure
我们每次去超市 他都要把所有瓶子
that all the labels are facing the right way.
摆成标签对着外面
Oh, the stock boys there are always so happy to see him.
负责货架的员工每次见到他都超开心
That's adorable.
真可爱
Well, it wasn't adorable when we redid our shower
我们重装修完浴室后 他嫌有两块瓷砖贴歪了
and he wouldn't use it 'cause two of the tiles were crooked.
而不肯用 那时就不可爱了
He took baths in the sink
我们重新弄好之前
until we got it fixed.
他都坚持在水槽里洗澡
So does Paige do any quirky stuff like that?
佩吉也会做这种怪事吗
- No. - Not really.
-没 -其实不会
Now, since we'll be spending a few hours together,
由于我们要一起度过几小时
I've created a list of activities to keep us occupied.
我列出了一些活动 让我们有事可做
We'll start with a tour of my room,
我们先参观我的房间
then board games, and, if time permits,
然后玩桌游 要是还有时间
you can look at and not touch my trains.
你可以看我的火车模型 但不许碰
Oh, My Little Pony.
是《小马宝莉》呀
I love My Little Pony.
我超喜欢《小马宝莉》
That's my sister's, and it's not part of the tour.
那是我姐姐的 不在参观行程里
I share a room with my sister, too.
我也跟我姐姐共用一个房间
It's super fun.
超好玩的
You're wrong.
你大错特错了
Now, over here, we have my desk.
这边是我的书桌
This is my computer.
这是我的电脑
That's my mouse.
那是我的鼠标
This is my printer. This is the paper that goes in the printer.
这是我的打印机 这些是打印机用纸
This is a box of extra paper
这盒是备用纸
that also goes in the printer.
也是打印机要用的
And this is my signed picture of Professor Proton.
而这张是质子教授的签名照片
Do you watch his show?
你有看这个节目吗
No. I don't really like it.
没有 我不太喜欢
You don't?
你不喜欢吗
I think he's boring.
我觉得他很无聊
And he dumbs everything down.
而且他把什么东西都白痴化来教
Come on, Kolinahr, don't fail me now.
科林纳啊 别在这一刻弃我而去
And next on the tour, we have...
接下来 我们参观...
a lamp.
一盏灯
This is not making me feel better.
这没能让我好过些
Their kid is perfect.
他们的孩子很完美
And so is ours.
我们家孩子也是啊
So we're lying to each other. Fine.
原来我们要互相欺骗 行吧
It's just nice to get to know another family
能认识另一家跟我们情况类似的家庭
who's in a similar situation as us.
是挺好的事嘛
And we're still lying.
还在说谎
What grade are you in?
你读几年级
Eighth.
八年级
You?
你呢
Tenth.
十年级
Cool.
Nobody asked, but fourth.
没人问我 但我读四年级
Why do grownups do this?
大人为什么都这样
They love to stick random kids together
他们喜欢把孩子乱凑一起
and expect them to just be friends.
觉得他们一定能成为朋友
I know.
就是啊
I hate that.
我超讨厌这样
Fresh Prince is right.
喜剧《新鲜王子妙事多》说得对
Parents just don't understand.
家长就是屁都不懂[有同名歌曲]
I love that song.
我很喜欢那首歌
I have a cassette of it,
我有那首歌的卡带
but I recorded it off the radio.
但我是用录音机录的广播
You can hear Sheldon in the background
你能听见谢尔顿在后面
saying stuff about Sir Isaac Neutron.
说艾萨克·猪顿爵士[牛顿]的事
Ugh, my sister's always talking about him.
我妹妹也是老提起他
I don't know why.
真不知道为什么
I think he's dead.
他好像已经死了
You have no idea how much it sucks
你不知道有一个像他这样的弟弟
to have a brother like him.
是多糟心的事
Believe it or not, he's in my class.
不管你信不信 他跟我同班
My parents sent Paige to a private school.
我父母送佩吉去念私立学校
Cool. We're too poor for that.
真好 我们家穷读不起私立学校
Does Sheldon make you feel stupid?
谢尔顿会让你们觉得自己很笨吗
Nah, I'm smart in other ways.
不会 我在其他方面很聪明
Me, too.
我也是
Hey, I saw an old TV in the alley.
我刚看到巷子里有台旧电视
Want to go throw rocks at it?
想一起去朝它丢石头吗
- Cool! - Hell yeah!
-好啊 -当然想
Let's do it.
走吧
We could play traditional chess.
我们可以玩传统国际象棋
Or if you're interested, we could play a variant
如果你有兴趣 我们也可以玩改过的版本
with a new piece I invented.
有我发明的新棋子
That sounds fun.
听起来很好玩
What's the new piece?
有什么新棋子
A wizard.
巫师
The wizard cannot be taken, and, at any point,
巫师不能被吃掉
he can teleport and switch places with any other piece.
而且能随时瞬移 跟任意棋子交换位置
Yes, but there's an obvious flaw.
好 不过这有一个明显的漏洞
- What flaw? - Well, any time anyone is checkmated,
-什么漏洞 -玩家被将军时
they can simply have the wizard and their king switch places.
可以直接把巫师和国王交换位置
So the game will never end.
这样游戏永远都不会结束
I knew that. You passed my test.
我知道 你通过我的测试了
We told Paige that if she won
我们告诉佩吉
the regional spelling bee, she could get a puppy.
如果她赢了地区拼字竞赛 就送她一只小狗
We ended up with two,
我们家现在有两只小狗
'cause she won twice.
因为她赢了两次
Fun! That-That's fun.
有意思 真有意思
All right,
好了
that's enough about Paige.
别再说佩吉了
So, George, I know you're a football coach.
乔治 我知道你是橄榄球教练
What about you, Mary?
你做什么工作呢 玛丽
I work part-time at the church.
我在教会做兼职
Oh. Oh, that's so nice.
真不错
I used to work at the practice with Barry,
我以前在巴里的诊所上班
but I had to quit
但后来不得不放弃了
once Paige's schedule started to get busy.
因为佩吉的日程排得很满
Well, that's understandable.
可以理解
A unique child can require a lot of attention.
独特的孩子需要加倍的关注
Try all the attention. Hmm?
是全部的关注吧
Okay. You know that's not true, Barry. Well...
哪有你说的那么夸张 巴里
She's... she's right. It's not.
她说得对 没那么夸张
Although I did spend Father's Day alone
不过我父亲节确实是独自度过的
'cause she took Paige to a robotics show.
因为她带佩吉去看机器人展了
Okay. That's enough, Barry.
好了 可以了啦 巴里
They don't need to hear all this.
没必要跟他们说这些
That's OK.
没事
That's why we're getting together,
我们聚会就是为了这个目的
you know, talk about this kind of stuff.
交流这类事情
Barry, it sounds like you might be feeling left out.
巴里 听起来你觉得自己被冷落了
Oh. No.
才没有
Sometimes I do.
有时确实如此
And it's not just me. It's Erica, too.
不只是我 艾丽卡也这么觉得
Oh, now he's just being dramatic.
他越说越夸张啦
Erica gets a lot of attention,
艾丽卡也有得到很多关爱
and she's just a joy.
她可讨喜了
Dang it, the screen won't break.
可恶 屏幕砸不碎
Bet it'll break if we blow it up.
要是炸一下肯定会碎
I love her.
本宫喜欢她
Fine, you're right.
好吧 你说得对
Erica's doing just great.
艾丽卡可"乖"了
Nothing to worry about there.
完全没什么好担心的
Oh, come on.
给点力啊
You got any matches?
你有火柴吗
Be right back.
我去去就回
While she's gone, you want to make out?
想趁她不在亲热一下吗
Sure.
好啊
You actually believe in the multiverse theory?
你真的相信多重宇宙理论吗
Very much so.
深信不疑
It's the most elegant interpretation
这是对量子力学
of quantum mechanics.
最优美的解读
So you really think there are an infinite number of universes?
所以你真认为有无穷的平行宇宙
Stephen Hawking believes it, so, yes, I do.
史蒂芬·霍金相信 所以我也相信
Well, if there are an infinite number of universes,
如果真有无穷的平行宇宙
I think that theory's dumb in all of them.
那我觉得这个理论在所有宇宙里都一样蠢
This is fun.
跟你一起很好玩
I don't get to have discussions like this
在学校里我没法跟其他孩子
with kids at my school.
聊这些话题
Do you?
你呢
No.
聊不了
Do you ever wish you were just like everyone else?
你可曾希望过自己跟其他人一样
Not at all.
完全没有
Me neither.
我也没有
I love being smarter than everyone.
我很享受比其他人聪明的感觉
Me, too.
我也是
I started to think that Paige and I
我开始觉得也许我和佩吉
might have more in common than I thought.
比我想的有更多共同点
Maybe my mother was right.
也许我妈妈说得对
I really did just need to get to know her better.
我只是需要多了解她一些就行了
Checkmate!
将军
You lose.
你输了
Red alert.
红色警报
Phasers stand by to fire on my order.
听我命令 准备发射相位枪
Guess that makes me the smartest.
看来我才是最聪明的人
I don't know if ten-year-old Spock
我不知道史波克十岁时
ever flipped a chess board,
有没有掀翻过象棋盘
but ten-year-old Sheldon sure did.
但十岁的谢尔顿绝对掀了
Got to say, I'm glad we invited 'em over.
我必须说 邀请他们来我真高兴
Don't you get him another beer.
你别再给他啤酒了
Come on. You love this and you know it.
你也很享受看好戏 你心里清楚
They're as messed up as we are.
他们跟我们一样一团糟
Fine. But one more and that's it.
好吧 不过这是最后一瓶了
Yes!
好棒
Holy crap!
我的妈呀
Don't you-- Go out there and check!
你别... 快出去看看怎么回事
Now, does anyone know what happens to quarks
有谁知道 夸克互相结合 形成介子和重子时
when we combine them to make mesons and baryons?
会发生什么变化
Yes, Paige.
你说 佩吉
We can ignore the particle masses
我们可以忽视在单夸克级别的
at the individual quark level.
粒子质量
Correct. You
正确 你呀
are really...
真是很...
He's jealous of you paying attention to her.
你对她的特别关爱令他感到有些嫉妒
That was correct, Paige.
回答正确 佩吉
And, Sheldon,
谢尔顿
is that a new bow tie?
你戴的是新领结吗
It is.
是的
Lookin' sharp!
看着真精神
Thanks.
谢谢
That was a close one.
好险
As I was saying, we only...
我刚说到 我们只能...