Previously on Young Sheldon...
《少年谢尔顿》前情提要
- Veronica. - Hey, Georgie. What's up?
-维罗妮卡 -小乔治 怎么啦
We're friends, right?
我们是朋友对吧
- What do you mean? - I've asked you out a bunch,
-这问题什么意思 -我追过你很多次
and you've made it pretty clear you weren't interested.
但你每次都跟我表明你没兴趣跟我在一起
B-Before I asked out another girl,
在我去约别的女孩子之前
- I just wanted to make sure that... - It's fine.
-我想跟你确定一下... -没关系的
Guess I'll see you around.
那回见啦
Of all my many skills,
在我众多的能力之中
one of the lesser known is my impressive ability
有一个较少人知道的厉害能力
to wait for things.
是我等待的能力
I once stood perfectly still for 38 minutes
我有次曾38分钟不动如山
because a bee was on my shoulder.
就因为一只蜜蜂停到我肩膀上
I once waited four and a half hours
我曾等待过四又半个小时
to be released from a locker.
只为了等人把我从置物柜里放出
Hello? Anyone there?
你好 有人在吗
That's okay. I'll wait.
没关系 我等得起
And one time, when Dr. Sturgis was late for a lecture,
而当有一次 斯特吉斯博士上课迟到
I stayed longer than everyone.
我比谁都等得久
Where are you all going?
你们去哪呢
Professor's not here.
教授都还没来
I can teach the class.
我可以教这课啊
I just need a box to stand on.
我只需要一个踏脚台即可
Hello, Sheldon. What brings you here?
你好啊 谢尔顿 怎么今天来找我了
You never showed up to class.
你没来教课
Time flies when you're having fun.
当你乐在其中时 光阴似箭啊
What could be more fun than giving a physics lecture?
有什么能比教物理更有乐趣呢
Finishing a physics paper.
写完物理论文
Ooh, I like where this is headed.
这故事走向我一听就有兴趣
I'm exploring the notion that time itself is quantized.
我在探索时间是否是量子化的议题
That sounds like a step towards a unified field theory.
感觉离统一场论又更近一步了
Fingers crossed.
食指交叉祈求好运吧
Although I can't cross my fingers-- arthritis.
虽然我交叉不了手指 有关节炎
It's too dark back here. Do you have a flashlight?
后座太暗了 你有手电筒吗
In the glove box, I think.
副驾置物柜有吧
Can you pass it back?
你能帮忙递给我吗
No. I'm driving.
不行 我在开车呢
All right. I'm coming up.
注意啦 我要爬来前面了
Don't crash while I'm unbuckled.
你别在我解开安全带期间发生车祸啊
Really? You need to do this right now?
你不是吧 就一定要现在搞吗
It's Dr. Sturgis's first paper in years.
这是斯特吉斯博士近年来首次写的论文
It's worth risking head trauma.
值得冒头部损伤的风险一读
Look at you climbing like a real boy.
看你爬得像个真正的男孩似的
"A Reconsideration of the Role of Time Operators
《重新审视时间算子
in Quantum Mechanics."
在量子力学中的作用》
Mm. I'll wait for the movie.
等看了正戏再说吧
Ooh. He's opening with a critical examination
他开篇就批判性检验了
of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics.
哥本哈根量子力学诠释
I thought reading in the car made you nauseous.
你在车上读东西不是会头晕吗
That's in the back seat. Up here I'm fine.
那是在后座啦 在副驾不会
- Oh, Sheldon. - Sorry.
-谢尔顿... -对不起
Well, don't just keep reading!
你别继续读个不停啊
m 211 -8 b b b 26 29 26 26 26 24 l 26 -2 b 26 -4 26 -6 31 -8
♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪
♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪
m 0 0 b 1 -1 2 -2 4 -1 b 7 1 3 2 5 5 b 6 7 8 7 9 5 l 15 -6 b 18 -7 20 -6 20 -3 b 19 -1 17 2 17 4 b 16 7 20 7 21 6 b 22 4 23 2 25 -1 b 27 -2 29 -1 29 1 b 29 2 28 3 29 5 b 30 7 32 7 33 6 b 34 5 34 4 35 3 b 37 2 39 3 39 5 b 39 6 38 8 37 9 b 34 13 29 13 25 9 b 22 13 17 13 13 9 b 10 13 3 13 0 8
m 50 0 l 179 0 b b b 21 228 0 208 0 179 l 0 50 b 0 21 21 0 50 0
最新连载海外影视剧下载请登陆 www.YYeTs.com仅供交流学习 禁止商用盈利
b 14 12 14 6 14 6 b 14 6 14 0 19 -1
♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪
♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪
♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪
♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪
b 14 12 14 6 14 6 b 14 6 14 0 19 -1
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
I am running over to the Sparks's for a little while.
我要过去斯巴克斯家一会儿
Team meeting with the other baseball moms.
要跟其他棒球妈妈开会
You're all right until Dad gets home?
在爸爸回家之前 你能自己乖乖的吧
Oh, yeah. Charles is in charge.
当然 有查尔斯在呢
Look at this. I'm talking to an egg.
看看 我在"对蛋弹琴"
I brought veggies and ranch.
我带了蔬菜加牧场酱
That's nice. But when I said "snacks," I mean wine.
不错不错 但我说带"零嘴" 我指的是酒
I got plenty of emergency snacks.
我有很多应急"零嘴"
All right, let's get to this.
好啦 咱们开会吧
We're coming up on the end of the season.
马上赛季就要结束了
Who wants to handle the team cookout?
谁想负责队伍野外郊游的烹饪事宜
- Thank you, Meredith. - Team picture day?
-谢谢你 梅雷迪思 -队伍拍照日呢
- That's me. - Carla, you're a gem.
-我来 -卡拉 你可真是块宝
Mary, that leaves you in charge of trophies. Any questions?
玛丽 那你负责奖杯 还有问题吗
- Actually... - Snack time!
-其实呢... -零嘴时间到
There's also, uh, veggies.
还有一些蔬菜可以下酒
I like to think of Chi-Chi's as a more romantic Taco Bell.
我觉得这家店算浪漫版的塔可钟快餐店
So, uh, what do you like to get here?
你在这里都喜欢点什么啊
What? Oh, uh, it-it doesn't matter.
什么 无所谓啦
It all tastes the same.
吃起来都差不多
Hi. Welcome to...
您好 欢迎光临...
Oh. Hey, Georgie.
你好啊 小乔治
I didn't know you worked here.
我都不知道你在这打工
Well, haven't seen you in a while.
毕竟有段时间没联系了嘛
Oh, uh, you know Jana from school?
你认识我们同校的贾娜吗
Yeah. Yeah, of course. Hi.
当然啦 你好啊
So, can I get y'all started with some drinks?
你们要不要先点什么饮料喝喝啊
I'm good with water.
我喝水就可以了
Water sounds great. Refreshing.
水很不错 很清新
I'm glad Dr. Sturgis let me read his paper
我很庆幸斯特吉斯博士在发表前
before he published.
先让我读了他的论文
He's getting numbers for the massive neutrinos
他算出来的巨型中微子的数
that are in excess of a hundred giga-electron volts.
超过了足有千亿电子伏之多
Well, good for him.
那他很棒啊
No, it's embarrassing.
不 是不忍直视啊
Had a 50-50 shot.
五成的几率 猜错了
I guess I need to call and let him know
我觉得我得打电话告诉他
what a bonehead mistake he made.
告诉他犯了多大的沙雕错误
There's probably a nicer way to say it.
应该可以换更好听点的说法吧
Did you hear how massive his neutrinos were?
你刚听到了我说他的中微子有多大了吧
We're well into bonehead territory.
不只是沙雕 还是沙雕中的巨雕
Sheldon, you don't need to be rude to him.
谢尔顿 你不用对人家那么不礼貌
Stay a child as long as you can.
尽量保持当个孩子吧
Adulthood will not be kind to you.
成人世界对你不会太友好
Neat. The veins on your calf look like a road map of Texas.
厉害 你小腿上的静脉看起来像德州道路地图
Did you make this taste bad so Dad would lose weight?
你是故意煮得难吃 让老爸吃不下减肥吗
Fine. I'll be polite.
行行行 我会保持礼貌
we could go to San Antonio using Meemaw's leg.
我们靠姥姥的腿地图就能去到圣安东尼奥市
Dr. Sturgis. It's Sheldon.
斯特吉斯博士 我是谢尔顿
I hope you're well.
希望你一切安好
I am. I just had soup.
很好啊 我刚喝完汤
I was just calling to let you know I read your paper.
我打来是想告诉你 我刚读完你的论文
Wonderful. What did you think?
太好了 你有何感想
I thought your typing was very tidy.
我感觉你的打字十分整齐
Your sentence structure was impressive.
你的句子结构很是了得
And your theory was...
而你的理论嘛...
not without succeeding in avoiding success.
长风破浪会有时 直挂云帆济沧海
Well, Sheldon, uh, you don't need to beat around the bush.
谢尔顿 你不用这么拐弯抹角
We're men of science. Uh, just give it to me straight.
我们是搞科学的人 有话你就直说
The masses for your neutrinos are impossible.
你的中微子的质量根本不可能
Yes. If they were that heavy, atoms could not beta decay.
是的 如果它们那么重 原子就不会贝塔衰变
I don't know how I missed that.
我怎么没注意到这点
I'm such an idiot.
我真是个白痴
You're not an idiot. You're just a bonehead.
你不是白痴 你只是沙雕
So you're saying you have no feelings for her at all?
你的意思是你对她毫无感觉吗
I wasn't at the restaurant with her, I was there with you.
我又不是跟她上馆子 我是跟你上的馆子啊
That doesn't answer my question!
这回答不了我的问题
I was hoping you wouldn't pick up on that.
我还希望你不会注意到这点呢
Did you take me there on purpose?
你是故意带我去那里吃饭的吗
Is this one of those fights
这是传说中那种
where we end up making out in the back seat?
吵到最后会在后座亲热的那种架吗
Morning. I need to order some baseball trophies.
早安 我想要预定一些棒球奖杯
Baseball's over there.
棒球的在那边
You should win a trophy for the most trophies.
你应该得到拥有最多奖杯奖
Maybe not the trophy for customer service.
至于服务态度奖就算了吧
Is this everything you have?
这些是你全部的货吗
Impressive, isn't it?
很厉害吧
I noticed that there are no baseball trophies
我发现你的棒球奖杯中
with girls on them.
没有上面是女孩的款
Girls don't play baseball.
女生不打棒球啊
Actually, my daughter does.
其实我女儿就打啊
And some other girls might like a trophy with a girl on it.
而许多女孩或许也会想要有女孩的奖杯
Well, then they'll be very disappointed.
那看来她们要很失望啦
I'm gonna take my business elsewhere.
老娘要去找别人来赚我的钱了
And you should win a trophy for being such a sourpuss!
你应该得个超级叽歪奖
- Hello? - Dr. Sturgis.
-你好 -斯特吉斯博士
It's Sheldon. I hope I'm not interrupting anything.
我是谢尔顿 希望没有打扰到你什么
Nah, just wondering what became of my career.
没 我就是在想我的职业该何去何从
Should I call you back later?
我该晚点再打来吗
Oh, no. I can be downtrodden and chat at the same time.
不用 我可以一边心如死水一边聊天
I was thinking about the mass problem of your neutrinos,
我在想你的中微子质量的问题
and I realized we might be able to solve it
然后我发现或许我们能解决这问题
if some of the particles have more spin.
比如其中部分粒子有更多自旋
That would certainly get our neutrino mass to zero.
这的确可以让我们的中微子质量变到零
Although it does open up a problem with double beta decay.
但这样也会造成双贝塔衰变的问题
Unless what it's actually predicting is a magnetic monopole.
除非它预测的是磁单极子
Might be difficult to control the infinities.
可能会有点难控制无穷的问题
if you consider adding faster-than-light particles
如果考虑加入超光速粒子
like tachyons, then I suppose you could...
比如快子 那或许你就能...
- Quantize time. - Yes!
-量子化时间 -没错
Hang on! If we're gonna be thinking at this level,
稍等 如果我们要想到那么高深
I should put on pants!
我应该穿上裤子
Can you believe this?
你敢相信吗
Boy trophy, boy trophy...
男生奖杯 男生奖杯
Hmm, all I see is my trophy wife.
我眼里只有我奖杯般的娇妻
Look, the only girl trophies
你看 唯一给女生的奖杯
are for cheerleading, soccer and golf.
只有啦啦队 足球 跟高尔夫
So buy Missy a golf trophy and tell her it's a skinny bat.
那就给米希买个高尔夫奖杯 说那是细球棒
That poor girl has been watching her brother win awards
我们可怜的闺女看着她弟弟
since he was three years old.
从他三岁起就开始赢各种奖杯
I'd like for her first one to be special.
我希望她的第一次能很特别
'Cause you think it may also be her last one?
因为你认为这可能也是她最后一次吗
I didn't say that.
我可没这么说
But you thought it.
但你是这么想的
- What's this? - It's your tip from the other night.
-这是什么 -那晚的小费
I wanted to give it to you then,
我当时就想给你的
but I also wanted to get out of there alive.
但我也想活着离开那里
Don't worry about it.
没事 不用了
So how long you been working there?
你在那餐厅工作多久了
Couple weeks. Trying to save money for college.
几星期了 我想存钱上大学
Well, now you have to take this.
既然这样你一定要收下
How are things with Jana?
和贾娜处得怎么样
Honestly, I have no idea.
老实说 我不知道
Should you even be talking to me right now?
你现在根本不该跟我说话吧
But I'm glad I am.
但我很高兴我们聊天了
I'd like to end today's lecture with a hilarious physics joke.
我想用一个令人捧腹的物理笑话来结束今天的课
Why didn't the photon pack a suitcase?
光子为什么不带行李箱
He was traveling light.
因为他要轻装出行[传递光]
Well, our conversation about my paper
我们那天讨论了我的论文
resulted in a very productive couple of days.
导致接下来的两天我富有成效
I completely rewrote the whole thing from scratch.
我从头开始重写了整篇论文
Exciting. I know credits are usually listed alphabetically,
真令人激动 我知道署名通常按字母顺序排列
but I'm completely fine with my name going second.
但我完全不介意我的我名字排在第二位
Sheldon, I've worked on this paper for years.
谢尔顿 这篇论文我研究好几年了
I'm not putting your name on it at all.
我不会把你名字写上去的
You did, but you didn't cowrite the paper with me.
没错 但你没和我一起写论文啊
Well, this is an outrage.
这太离谱了
After all the help I've given you,
我帮了你这么多
and I don't even get credit?
我却连留名的机会都没有
Well, of course you are.
当然有啦
You're getting a special thanks in the footnotes.
我会在附注里特别感谢你
No one reads the footnotes.
根本没人看附注啊
- I do. - Well, I do, too,
-我就会看 -好吧 我也会看
- but that doesn't mean I want to be in them. - Sheldon,
-但那不代表我想出现在附注里 -谢尔顿
that's where people get recognition for helping.
那里就是认可你有帮忙出力的地方啊
Oh, you mean the help of using my math
你说的帮忙是指用我的数学
to convert your hazy series of meanderings
把你一系列不着边际 结构松散的内容
into a well-formed scientific thesis?
改为结构完整的科学论点吗
I think you're overstating your contribution.
你似乎夸大了你的贡献
Well, I think you should be wearing a black ski mask
我倒觉得你该戴上黑色滑雪面罩
because you're trying to rob me blind.
因为你想"抢劫"我的知识财富
Well, if anyone should be wearing an odd piece of apparel,
如果说有谁该穿戴奇特的服饰
it should be you wearing a baby bonnet,
那就该是你戴上婴儿软帽
because that's how you're behaving.
因为你现在表现得像个哭闹的婴儿
- Ready to go? - Very!
-可以走了吗 -等不及了
It's a good thing she showed up,
幸好她出现了
because I do not have a comeback.
因为我想不出回呛的金句
Darn it. When he called me a baby, I should've said,
可恶 他羞辱我是婴儿时 我就该呛他
"Then I guess you needed a baby's help to fix your paper."
"那看来你需要婴儿帮忙修改你的论文咯"
Turn the car around.
调头开回去
We're halfway home.
我们离家只剩一半路程了
It's not that clever.
何况这句也没那么机智
Why aren't you being more supportive of me?
你为什么不全力支持我
Sheldon, John is a lot of things, but he's not a thief.
谢尔顿 约翰这人缺点很多 但他不是小偷
So you're on his side.
这么说你站在他那边
So you're on my side.
那你就是站在我这边了
For the sake of this car ride, sure.
为了车程愉快 就当我是好了
Okay, here's the plan.
好 我们计划这么做
End your relationship with Coach Ballard,
结束你和巴拉德教练的恋爱
date Dr. Sturgis again, get him to love you more than ever,
再次和斯特吉斯博士约会 让他比之前更爱你
then when he least expects it,
然后在他最意想不到的时候
break his heart and say, "That's for Sheldon."
让他心碎 然后说"这是为谢尔顿报仇"
For the sake of this car ride, sure.
为了车程愉快 就当我是好了
So shiny, aren't you, now?
你现在闪闪发亮了 对不对呀
Hello. Remember me?
你好 还记得我吗
Ah, I thought you were gonna take your business elsewhere.
我还以为你去让别人赚你的钱了
Well, lucky for you, I believe in second chances.
算你走运 我相信人值得拥有第二次机会
Now, I know that you don't have girl baseball trophies in stock,
我知道你没有女生棒球奖杯现货
but could you have one made special?
但你能否特别定做一个呢
- Great. - A custom mold is 50 bucks,
-太好了 -定制模具一个50美元
and it takes six weeks.
要等六星期
I'm not paying you $50 for a trophy.
我才不会给你50块买个奖杯
And I don't have six weeks.
我也等不了六星期
Well, does your daughter look like a horse?
你女儿长得像不像马呢
Maybe she'd like this.
也许她会喜欢这个
I knew all that God talk was covering something really evil.
我就知道你表面虔诚只是为了掩盖邪恶内心
I am trying to make a special trophy for Missy.
我想给米希做一个特别的奖杯
So I'm gonna take this head and put it on that body.
所以我要把这个芭比头安到那个身体上
Whatever you say, Dr. Frankenstein.
随你怎么美化啦 科学怪人博士
My daughter deserves to have a trophy
我女儿值得拥有一个
that looks something like her.
看起来像她的奖杯
So this is kind of a feminist gesture on your part.
所以你是想表达女权主义
I prefer to think of it as a maternal gesture.
我宁愿把这看作是一个母亲的心意
Let's just split the difference
我们就折中一下
and call it the stuff of nightmares.
把这玩意称为噩梦素材好了
It'll look better when I paint it.
我上完色后就会好很多
Grant Linkletter.
格兰特·林克莱特
Dr. Linkletter, Sheldon Cooper.
林克莱特博士 我是谢尔顿·库珀
I need your help reporting an academic crime.
我需要你帮忙举报一宗学术犯罪
That's why I'm using my serious voice.
所以我在用我的严肃声音跟你说
Then I'll use mine as well.
那我也换上我的严肃声音
Dr. Sturgis has stolen my work
斯特吉斯博士偷窃了我的研究
and is using it in his own paper.
用到他的论文里
Well, that's quite the allegation.
这指控很严重啊
It's not an allegation; it's a fact.
这不是指控 是事实
He was getting enormous masses for his neutrinos,
本来他的中微子质量大到夸张
and I showed him how to fix it,
我教了他如何解决
but now he's refusing to list me as a coauthor.
但现在他拒绝把我列为合著者
Well, I think he has a point.
我觉得他有道理啊
Is the "He" in that sentence me?
你这句话里的"他"是指我吗
Because that is a strange way to phrase it.
你这样措辞很奇怪
No, the "He" is him.
不 "他"是指斯特吉斯
I don't play games with sentence structure.
我不会拿句子结构胡闹
Look, I haven't done a forensic examination of this paper,
听着 我还没对这篇论文做详细鉴定
but it's not uncommon to show your work to a colleague
但把成果拿给同事看 询问他们意见
to get their feedback.
是很常见的
But I fixed his paper.
但我把他的论文改好了啊
This kind of accusation could have real consequences.
这种指控可能会产生极其严重的后果
I'd consider my next steps very carefully.
我会谨慎考虑后续该怎么做
You're no help. Put me through to your supervisor.
你真没用 把我转接给你的上级
Please let me speak to John
在你做更进一步举动前
before you take this any further.
先让我和约翰谈谈
All right, but if he calls me a baby, feel free to say,
好吧 但如果他说我是婴儿 你就呛他
"Then I guess you needed a baby to fix your paper."
"那看来你需要婴儿帮忙修改你的论文咯"
That's a good one, but I'm not gonna say it.
这句呛得漂亮 但我不会说的
I bet the guy who invented the spork is a millionaire.
我打赌发明叉勺的人现在已经成百万富翁了
I wonder if his last name is Spork.
不知道他是不是姓"叉勺"
It comes from "Spoon" and "Fork." Spork.
这是"勺子"和"叉子"结合组成的新词 "叉勺"
Oh, my God. Mind is blown.
天啊 简直震撼我世界
You know what you should do? Cut your hair.
你知道你该做什么吗 剪头发
I think it'd look better.
应该会更帅
Ooh, maybe a little beard like George Michael.
或许再留点胡子 像歌手乔治·迈克尔那样
I wonder how tall he is. I bet he's tall.
不知道他有多高 他一定很高
Hey. I have something to show you.
我有东西要给你看
I was gonna give this to you
我本来打算等到
at the end of the season party,
赛季派对结束时才给你
but I was so excited that I wanted you to see it now.
但我太兴奋了 我想现在就给你看
What the hell is that?
这是什么鬼
I couldn't find any girl baseball trophies,
我找不到女生棒球奖杯
so I made you one.
所以我给你做了一个
Why is her head so big?
她的脑袋怎么这么大
It's a Barbie head. I had to improvise.
这是芭比的头 我得就地取材嘛
You chopped the head off one of my Barbies?
你把我芭比娃娃的头砍下来了吗
Don't be silly. I bought a new one.
说什么傻话 我买了一个新的
I could've had a new Barbie?
我本来能有一个新芭比吗
The point is you deserve to be recognized appropriately
重点是你值得被人好好认可
for everything you've accomplished.
你所获得的这些成就
You can't give that to me in front of all the boys.
你不能当着其他男孩面给我那奖杯
- Why? - It's embarrassing.
-为什么 -很丢脸啊
Well, we have plenty of time.
时间还很充裕
I can make the head smaller or the body bigger
我可以把头部改小一点 或是把身体改大一点
or a little bit of both.
又或是两者都调整一下
I just want the same trophy everyone else gets.
我只想要和其他人一样的奖杯
But I want you to feel special.
但我希望你觉得自己特别
And I just want to feel regular.
我只想觉得自己普通
I'll make sure you get a regular one at the party.
我会确保你在派对上得到普通的奖杯
I get what you were trying to do.
我明白你想为我做什么
Can I keep that one, too?
这个也能给我吗
You really want it?
你真想要吗
Despite her many flaws,
尽管我姐姐缺点多多
my sister did have a soft spot in her heart.
但她内心还是有个柔软的角落
And a fondness for blowing things up.
她还很喜欢把东西炸飞
How dare you accuse me of plagiarism?
你竟敢指控我抄袭
And to my colleague, no less.
而且还是跟我的同事说
This is my reputation you're jeopardizing.
你危及的可是我的声誉啊
Well, give me the credit I deserve and I'll stop.
给我我应得的署名 我就停手
We've been over this.
我们已经谈过这个了
You made a helpful suggestion and then you arrogantly assumed
你只是提出了有帮助的意见 结果你就自大地认为
that it entitled you to a coauthor credit,
你有权被列为合著者
But I was the one who...
但是 是我...
I've been your friend and mentor.
我一直都是你的朋友和导师
The idea that I would steal from you
你竟然说我会偷窃你的成果
is both personally and professionally insulting.
这对我个人和我的学术都是莫大的侮辱
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but...
很抱歉你有这种感觉 但...
Sheldon, I don't want to see you in my class anymore.
谢尔顿 我不想再在我的课上看到你