小谢尔顿 第一季 Young Sheldon Season 1 第15集: 白云石、苹果片和一个神秘的女人 Dolomite, Apple Slices, and a Mystery Woman

上映日期: 2,017

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 乔恩·费儒 / 迈克尔·津伯格 / 贾弗尔·马哈穆德

演员: 伊恩·阿米蒂奇 / 佐伊·派瑞 / 兰斯·巴伯 / 吉姆·帕森斯 / 怀亚特·麦克卢尔 / 拉根·雷沃德 / 鲍勃·纽哈特 / 蒙塔纳·乔丹 / 安妮·波茨 / 维勒莉·玛哈菲 / 瑞克斯·林恩 /


台词
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
I heard you could punch a hole in these
我听说可以打个洞
and make them double-sided.
就能让它变成双面的
Then it would have more storage?
这样你就有双倍储存空间吗
Yes, but I didn't pay for a double-sided floppy disk.
是啊 可是我没付双面软盘的钱啊
So?
那又如何
So it's an ethical dilemma.
所以这是个道德难题啊
We have to take a shower in the locker room next period,
我们下一节课得在更衣室洗澡
and that's what you're worried about?
你现在居然有心情担心这个
Actually, I have a bathing suit under my pants.
我在裤子里穿好了泳裤
That girl just took a book on geostatistics.
那女孩拿了一本地质统计学的书
Yeah, so?
那又如何
That's not required reading for any science course.
那并不是任何科学课要求阅读的读物
Maybe she wants to squash a spider with it.
或许她是想拿去拍死蜘蛛呢
No, look, she's reading it.
不是 你看 她在读
Who is this mystery woman?
这个神秘的女人是谁啊
Should we invite her to have lunch with us?
我们应该邀请她来跟我们一起吃饭吗
I don't know. So far, it's just been you and me,
不知道啊 至今为止一直只有我俩
and we know that works.
我们能确定合得来
Do we really want to mess with success?
你真的想要冒合不来的风险吗
We could think of it as an experiment.
你可以把这个当做是个实验
Oh, you do know how to push my buttons.
你还真是懂我的弱点啊
All right, go ask her.
好啦 去问她
Why me?
为什么是我去
Your lack of testosterone makes you adorable to women.
你的睾酮缺乏令你在女性眼中很可爱
I can't argue with that.
这我无从反驳
Hello.
你好
Hello.
你好啊
My name is Sheldon.
我叫谢尔顿
Yeah, you're Sheldon Cooper.
我知道你叫谢尔顿·库珀
You know who I am?
你认识我吗
Well, there's only one nine-year-old in high school,
整个高中只有一个9岁的人
and you still have your baby teeth.
而你还有没换完的乳牙
She knows who I am. It's going well.
她认识我 情况很顺利
What do you want?
找我有什么事
Would you like to have lunch with me and my friend?
你愿意跟我与我朋友一起共进午餐吗
Why?
为什么
Why else?
为什么不呢
So we can have a spirited conversation about geostatistics.
这样我们才能热烈地聊地质统计学啊
You really are as smart as everybody says.
你真的跟大家说的一样聪明啊
My teeth are small, but my prefrontal cortex is enormous.
我的牙齿虽小 但我的前额皮质超巨大
♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪
♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪
♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪
♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪
♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪
♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
By aBu 20180323
少年
谢尔顿
The addition of Libby brought
随着莉比的加入
a level of sophistication to our lunchtime discussion.
我们午餐期间的聊天深度也有所提升
Her mom also packed extra string cheese,
她妈妈还为她多带了起司条
which is a well-known social lubricant.
这广为人知的社交润滑剂
You're gonna be a geologist.
你以后要当地质学家
That's fascinating.
太有意思了
Why'd you choose that?
你为什么选这领域呢
When I was a little girl, my grandparents took me
在我小时候 我的爷爷奶奶带我去
to Carlsbad Caverns, and I was hooked.
卡尔斯巴德洞窟国家公园时迷上了
Exploring caves, that is super cool.
探索洞窟 太酷了
Disagree. Dark, enclosed spaces are terrifying.
我不同意 黑暗又封闭的空间令我恐惧
I get scared putting on a sweatshirt.
我头套进衣服时都会被吓到
Hmm. ‭I've seen it.
我看过那场面
Pretty entertaining.
挺有娱乐效果
Do you know what you're going to major in in college?
你想好上大学要选什么专业了吗
I'm leaning towards quantum chromodynamics, but who knows?
我倾向选量子色动力学 但谁知道呢
A few years ago, I would've said choo-choo trains.
要我几年前回答 我会答玩具小火车
What about you?
那你呢
Oh, geology for sure.
当然是地质学
Really?
真的吗
When did you decide that?
你什么时候决定的
A long time ago. Eat your apple slices.
很久以前啊 吃你的苹果片
So we eat in the library every day.
我们每天都在图书馆用餐
You're welcome to join us.
欢迎你加入我们
It's much better than the cafeteria.
比在食堂吃好多了
It's quiet, and a lot less food gets thrown at us.
又安静 又不太会有人丢食物到我们身上
Yeah. Maybe I'll see y'all tomorrow.
好啊 或许我明天再来找你们大伙儿
Right.
Maybe y'all will.
大伙儿有机会明天见
Bye, Libby.
莉比 再见啦
"Y'all"?
还"大伙儿"呢
I'm assimilating.
我是在试图同化
Shut up.
你闭嘴
So how was school today?
今天学校如何啊
Sheldon's got a girlfriend.
谢尔顿交了女朋友
- What? - That's not true.
-什么 -你乱说
Oh, yes, it is. I seen him talking to her at school.
是真的 我看到他在学校跟那女孩说话了
Sheldon Lee Cooper, you dog.
谢尔顿·李·库珀 你个小色胚
Is she cute?
她可爱吗
Compared to what?
跟什么东西比
What grade is she in?
她读几年级
Eleventh.
11年级
An older woman.
还是比你大的御姐啊
Nice.
赞啊
Most everybody's older than me.
几乎所有人都比我大啊
Why is that nice?
这有什么好赞的
So what do you think, George?
所以你觉得如何 乔治
Is it time to have "The talk" with him?
是时候跟他"聊聊"了吗
What talk?
聊什么
No talk. Nobody's talking.
不聊 没人要聊
If "The talk" Is in regards to human reproduction,
如果"聊聊"是指有关人类繁衍的事情
I already understand how that works.
我已经知道是怎么个流程了
How do you know that?
你怎么会知道这些
I told him.
我告诉他的
Oh, Lord.
我的老天啊
And so, our little social circle
所以 我们的小圈子
grew from two to three.
从两个人变成了三个人
An early example of how people are just drawn to me.
一个早期的我能吸引所有人到我身边的例子
Are you saying that without geology,
你的意思是说 如果没有地质学
there'd be no theory of evolution?
世界上就不会有进化论吗
Charles Lyell taught Charles Darwin
地质学家查尔斯·莱尔教导达尔文
the Earth was much, much older than anyone thought,
地球比我们所有人认为的还要古老许多
which gave Darwin the courage to figure out
这给了达尔文勇气去发现
all species evolved over billions of years.
所有的生物是在亿年多的时间里进化而来
That's good. I can use that
这很不错 我可以用这个点
to humiliate my pastor at Sunday school.
去让我主日学校的牧师难堪
I don't know what's more beautiful,
我不知道哪个比较美
your mind or your eyes.
是你美丽的大脑还是双眸
Tam, please.
丹 别这样
We're eating.
我们在吃饭呢
You know spying on kids is creepy.
你知道暗中监视小孩很变态吧
I wasn't spying on kids, I was s-spying on your brother.
我不是在暗中监视小孩 是在监视你弟弟
Why won't you just go inside?
那你为什么不直接进去看
Well, then, it wouldn't be spying, now would it?
直接进去就不是暗中监视了吧
Oh, what?
你惊讶什么
You didn't mention she was black.
你没说她是黑人啊
Was I supposed to?
我应该提吗
No, 'course not.
不用 当然不需要啊
Then why bring it up?
那你说这个干嘛
It just wasn't what I was expecting.
只是跟我预想中的不一样嘛
What were you expecting?
那你本来预想中的是什么样的
It's a big school.
这学校很大
Why are you right here?
你为什么一定要在这里
They've got some books in there about Martin Luther King.
图书管里有人权斗士马丁·路德·金的书
Maybe you should go read one.
或许你该进去读一读
Morning.
早安
So why did it take people so long
所以为什么人们花了那么久的时间
to believe in continental drift,
才愿意相信大陆漂移说呢
when it's obvious that Africa and South America
很明显能看出非洲跟南美洲
- fit together like a puzzle? - No, they don't.
-像拼图一样能吻合啊 -才没有呢
People didn't understand continental drift
人们不理解大陆漂移说
because they didn't understand seafloor spreading.
是因为他们不懂海底扩张学说
What?
怎么了
I'm both threatened
你的智慧
and delighted by your brain.
令我受到威胁又为之折服
I'm just delighted by it.
我只有为之折服
They do fit.
还真能合上
That's nuts.
这太神奇了吧
"Geologists lead a sedimentary lifestyle."
地质学家喜欢在生活中让自己"沉淀"下来
Libby, that is a good one.
莉比 你这双关有意思
Can you believe what's going on with him?
你敢相信他这个样子吗
I know.
对啊
He's been on the phone with that girl for almost an hour.
他都快跟那女孩聊了一个小时电话了
Sheldon's got a girlfriend.
谢尔顿交了女朋友
What are the odds?
谁能想到有这可能
She's not a girlfriend,
那女孩才不是女朋友
it's more of a mental rapport.
两个人只是精神交流
That's where it starts.
一切都是这么开始的
I did win you over with my superior intellect.
我就是用我超凡的智慧赢得你心
It was your motorcycle and you know it.
明明是你的机车 你自己清楚
Good thing it wasn't your masculine physique,
幸好她不是被你的猛男体格所迷惑
because that is long gone.
因为那早已一去不复返了
Why do you think I kept the motorcycle?
不然你觉得我留着那机车的原因是什么
How come he gets to tie up the phone and I can't?
为什么他可以煲电话粥而我不行
Because what is happening in there is called a miracle,
因为发生在他身上的事叫神迹
and God-fearing people do not get in the way of those.
而敬畏神的信徒是不会去阻止神迹的
Hey, Georgie,
小乔治
if you ever find a girlfriend,
如果哪天你能找到女朋友
maybe you can go on a double date with your brother.
或许你能跟你弟弟他们四人约会啊
She's not his girlfriend.
那女孩不是他女朋友
And I can find one...
我也交得到啊
I'm just not looking.
我只是没在找女朋友而已
Yes, that was a geology joke.
是啊 那的确是地质学的笑话
We gotta get that Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue
或许我们应该在《体育画报泳装特辑》
away from him before he's ruined forever.
毁了他人生之前 先把它收走
Oh, Libby, Libby, Libby.
莉比莉比莉比啊
What is happening?
到底发生什么了
What was happening was,
当时所发生的事呢
like many men before me,
也发生在许多男性身上
I was being seduced by the exotic world of geology.
我被有着异域风情的地质学所迷惑了
We searched for tektites in a nearby ravine.
我们在附近的山涧里寻找着玻陨石
Tektites are natural glass
玻陨石就是天然玻璃
formed during meteorite impacts.
是在陨石撞击后形成的
They also bear a close resemblance to raccoon feces,
它们也与浣熊粪便十分相似
so I wisely adopted a "No touching tektites" policy.
所以我聪明地开始了"不碰玻陨石"政策
It's called perfect cleavage
这叫完全解理[完美乳沟]
when gypsum separates this cleanly.
当石膏分离地如此干净时的称呼
I was so proud of Tam
我当时好为丹感到骄傲
for not making an immature cleavage joke.
他没有开幼稚的乳沟玩笑
Look at me, I'm touching cleavage.
快看我 我在摸乳沟
Until he made one.
他说完那感觉就消失了
And, like Mother Nature's pinata,
而晶洞玉石就像是大自然的皮纳塔
皮纳塔是一种装满糖果或玩具的纸糊容器通常在生日会上悬挂并让人击打到掉出奖品
geodes contained a secret surprise inside.
它的里面也含有秘密的惊喜
But you didn't have to suffer
而且你不用忍受
through a birthday party to enjoy it.
参加生日派对的痛苦就能享受惊喜
How's it going?
怎么样了
Well, I think I figured out the problem.
我想我找出问题所在了
What is it?
问题在哪
I'm a terrible mechanic.
我对修机械一窍不通
- What's up? ‭- Well,
-怎么啦 -这个嘛
Sheldon's been spending quite a bit of time
谢尔顿最近花了不少时间
with this Libby girl, lately.
跟那叫莉比的女孩混在一起
Yeah, so?
所以呢
So isn't he a little young
他还那么小
to be hanging with teenagers?
交青少年的朋友真的好吗
Oh, he's only young on the outside.
他只是身体还小
Inside, he's an old man.
他心里就是个老头
I'm being serious.
我是说认真的
So am I.
我也是啊
And with that bowtie, he's old on the outside, too.
再给他别上领结 他外表也老了
Sorry I bothered.
我不该来问你的
Hang on.
等一下
What did you think was gonna happen
我们送他去念高中时
when we sent him to high school?
你以为会怎么样
I don't know, that he'd learn stuff,
我不知道 他会学习新知识
and then, come back home and be my baby forever.
然后回到家里 永远当我的小宝贝
Mare, it's good for him.
玛丽 这对他是好事
He may start college in a couple years, what happens then?
再过两年他也许就要上大学了 到时怎么办
Off the top of my head, he and I share a dorm room.
我瞬间想到的答案是 我跟他住一间宿舍
You know I'd laugh at that if I didn't kind of believe you.
要不是觉得你真可能这么做 这话还挺好笑的
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
I need to use the bathroom, but it can get uncivilized in there.
我想上厕所 但里面有时会不太文明
Anyone in there now?
现在里面有人吗
I don't know. I was afraid to find out.
我不知道 我害怕找出答案
男厕
Anybody in here?
厕所有人吗
Go ahead.
去吧
I'll stand guard.
我守在外面
Where have you been all my life?
我之前的人生你都跑哪儿去了
I don't think so.
想都别想
I gotta pee.
我要尿尿
That's your problem. Keep moving.
那是你的问题 一边儿去
- Thank you. - ‭Happy to help.
-谢谢你 -不客气
Is there any chance you'd be available to stand guard at 1:45?
1点45分时你能来站岗吗
You have a bathroom schedule?
你还有上厕所的时间表吗
You don't?
你没有吗
See you later.
回见
Whoever said the quickest way to a man's heart
那些说抓住一个男人
is through his stomach
要先抓住他的胃的人
did not consider his tiny bladder.
没考虑过自己的小膀胱
I think the best space shuttle name so far is Discovery.
我觉得至今取得最好的航天飞机名是"探索号"
What about Challenger?
那"挑战者号"呢
- Too in-your-face. - Atlantis?
-太咄咄逼人 -"亚特兰蒂斯号"呢
A fictional island that couldn't stay afloat?
一个浮不起来的虚构岛屿
I don't think so.
烂得很彻底
- There's the Enterprise. - ‭There is,
-还有"企业号"啊 -是没错
and it's on Star Trek, where it belongs.
《星际迷航》里也有这艘飞船 那才是它的家
You know they're playing a space shuttle movie
你知道吗 自然科学博物馆
at the Museum of Natural Science.
正在放一部航天飞机电影
- It's in IMAX. - I heard about that.
-还是巨幕电影呢 -我也听说了
The screen is supposed to be huge.
屏幕好像会超级大
‭They also have a great geology exhibit.
那里还在举办地质学展览
Well, it's in Houston--
可是博物馆在休斯顿
- how are we gonna get there? - I'll drive.
-我们该怎么去呢 -我来开车
Oh, I would love to see a movie with you.
我很想跟你一起看电影
Don't you need to ask your parents first?
你不用先征得你父母同意吗
- No, Sheldon, I don't. - But won't they worry where you are?
-不用 谢尔顿 -但他们不会担心你在哪儿吗
They'll be fine.
他们不会担心的
Count me in.
我加入
Glad you're not my son.
真庆幸你不是我儿子
And now he wants to see a movie in Houston with them.
现在他想跟他们去休斯顿看电影
Why Houston?
为什么要去休斯顿
I don't know, it's in MixMax or something.
我不知道 那边有"锯木"技术之类的
So you're saying I got to drive to Houston?
你意思是我得开车去休斯顿吗
No. This girl Libby's gonna drive.
不 那姑娘莉比开车
Great.
太好了
It's not great, George.
一点都不好 乔治
I don't want my little boy in some car
我可不希望我儿子坐上
with a teenager behind the wheel.
由青少年驾驶的车
All high school kids drive.
所有高中生都开车
Yeah? Well, I don't like it.
是吗 反正我不喜欢
Would you let me get in a car
我小的时候
with a stranger when I was young?
你会让我坐陌生人的车吗
Well, nobody ever asked you out, so it didn't really matter.
没人约过你出去 所以没什么所谓
Hey. I want to talk to you.
我想跟你聊聊
Hold on. Let me bring this into the station
等等 我先把火车停入车站
so as not to disappoint my commuters.
才不会让通勤乘客们失望
They'd like to get home to their families.
他们想回到家人身边
I gave it a lot of thought, and I'm afraid I can't allow you
我考虑了很久 恐怕我不能允许你
to drive to Houston with your friends.
跟朋友开车去休斯顿
Why?
为什么
Well, honey, you're still a little boy.
亲爱的 你还是个小孩子
I don't think it's right.
我觉得这样不对
I'm not a little boy. I'm a high school student.
我不是小孩子了 我是高中生了
I'm sorry, I made up my mind.
对不起 但我心意已决
If you'd really like to see this movie,
如果你真的很想看这部电影
I'm willing to drive you.
我愿意开车载你去
Maybe we could meet your friends there.
或许我们可以和你朋友在那会合
I don't want my mommy to take me.
我不想要我妈咪带我去
Well, then, you're not going.
那你就别想去了
Anger is an ugly emotion.
愤怒是一种丑陋的情绪
Unbridled rage even more so.
狂怒更是如此
And when it bubbled up inside me,
当我内心充满怒火时
I channeled it the only way I knew how.
我用唯一懂得的方式来转化这种情绪
I cleaned the house like a man possessed.
我仿佛着了魔一样 给房子彻底大扫除
I can't hear Oprah!
我听不见奥普拉说话了
I don't care!
关我鸟事
Sheldon, I need to get in there.
谢尔顿 我得进去
Poop at Meemaw's!
去姥姥家上大号吧
You missed a spot, weirdo.
你漏了这里没擦 怪胎
I see it.
我看到了
What am I supposed to do with this?
他这副样子 我该这么办
Send him over to my house before he runs out of gas.
在他的精力用光前 赶紧送去我家
All right, I'll make a deal with you.
好吧 我们谈笔交易
I'm listening.
我在听
You can go to Houston with your friends,
你可以跟朋友们去休斯顿
but I want to meet this girl first.
但我想先见见这个女孩
That's very reasonable.
合乎情理
Thank you.
谢谢你
You're welcome.
不客气
Now, can you please reach the dryer sheets?
你能把烘干纸拿下来吗
I get vertigo on the step stool.
我站上梯凳会头晕
I've often been accused
我常被人形容
of being stubborn and willful,
顽固不化 恣意妄为
but sometimes it works like gangbusters.
但有时这招很有用
Please come in.
请进
Have a seat.
请坐
You have a beautiful home.
你家很漂亮
- Thank you. - ‭Thank you.
-谢谢 -谢谢
I hope you'll forgive me, I just wanted to meet
希望你能原谅我 我就想见见
the person driving my nine-year-old son to Houston.
开车载我9岁儿子去休斯顿的人
I understand.
我能理解
Me, too.
我也是
I wasn't talking to you, Tam.
我没跟你说话 丹
And I just wanted to make certain
还有 我想确定一下
that you've had no traffic tickets
你没被开过罚单
or, heaven forbid, accidents.
更重要的是 没出过意外
No, ma'am. I'm a very safe driver.
没有 女士 我开车很小心
- You've got nothing to worry about. ‭- Good.
-你完全不必担心 -很好
Good. Have you made this trip before?
很好 你以前开车去过休斯顿吗
A few times, yes.
开过几次
Mm-hmm. You smoke marijuana?
你吸大麻吗
- Mom! - ‭No, ma'am.
-妈妈 -不吸 女士
Just say no.
勇敢说不[反大麻口号]
Well...
好吧
I find this very reassuring.
这让我很放心
I have to admit,
我得承认
I had some trepidation, but...
我本来有些担忧 但是
having met you, I'm feeling a lot better.
见过你之后 我感觉好多了
Good. You've got nothing to worry about, Mrs. Cooper.
那就好 你没什么可担心的 库珀太太
I've been babysitting kids for years.
我有多年看顾小孩的经验
Babysitting... babysitting...
看顾小孩 看顾小孩
Babysitting.
看顾小孩
Babysitting... babysitting...
看顾小孩 看顾小孩
I've been babysitting kids for years.
我有多年看顾小孩的经验
Excuse me.
不好意思
I don't feel well.
我不太舒服
They'll have to go without me.
他们自己去吧 我不去了
Shelly, you okay?
谢利 你没事吧
No.
有事
You want to talk about it?
你想谈谈吗
No.
不想
You want me to leave you alone?
想一个人待会吗
No.
不想
I thought Libby and I were equals,
我本来以为和莉比是平辈相交
but she thinks of me as a child.
谁知道她将我视为小孩子
I'm sorry, baby.
很遗憾 宝贝
Calling me that isn't helping right now.
现在这样叫我是雪上加霜
Right. Sorry.
也是 对不起
She is almost twice your age.
她的年纪几乎是你的两倍
There are people five times my age
有些人年纪比我大五倍
that are stupider than me.
还是比我蠢啊
This is not about being smart.
这跟聪明没关系
- What else is there? - ‭Well...
-那还跟什么有关系 -这个嘛
there's other kinds of maturity.
人有其它方面的成熟
What's up?
怎么了
None of your business.
不关你的事
Why is he crying?
他为什么哭了
Again, it's none of your business.
再说一遍 不关你的事
Please go.
请你离开
Fine. Celeste and I know when we aren't wanted.
好吧 塞莱斯特和我都很上道
Where were we?
我们刚说到哪儿了
Different kinds of maturity.
各种各样的成熟
That's right.
没错
There's emotional maturity, physical maturity,
有情感上的成熟 身体上的成熟
all things that have nothing to do with being smart.
很多都跟聪明与否无关
Are you suggesting I'm not emotionally mature?
你是在说我在情感上不成熟吗
I was hinting at it.
我只是暗示这一点
Regardless, I'm not interested in making any more friends.
不管怎样 我都不想再交朋友了
Oh, I don't think that's how you really feel.
我想那不是你真实的想法
It is.
就是的
From now on, it's a hermit's life for me.
从今以后 我要过上隐士般的生活
I bet, when you grow up, you will be surrounded
我很肯定 你长大后
by lots of smart, wonderful friends.
会交到很多聪明 优秀的朋友
I can't see that happening.
我觉得那是不可能的
Well,
反正
the Lord works in mysterious ways.
主自有他的安排
And here we go with the God talk.
你又要搬出神的那一套了
Hey.
你好
Hey.
你好
How was the IMAX movie?
巨幕电影看得怎么样了
Well...
这个嘛
Okay, status. Find them?
好的 状态 找到他们了吗
Go. Guidance...
去吧 指引...
What are you doing?
你在干什么
What do you think I'm doing?
你觉得我在干什么
Move your arm before I rip it off.
把爪子收回去 否则我把它拧断
It got a little uncomfortable.
气氛变得有些尴尬
Why is that?
为什么
Libby's got feelings for me,
莉比对我有意思
but I think it's better we just stay friends.
但我觉得保持朋友关系比较好
I've been giving geology some more thought.
最近我又思考了一下地质学
Yeah, and?
结果呢
I've decided it's not really a science.
我决定了 那不是真正的科学
- It's not? - No, it's more like a hobby.
-不是吗 -不是 比较像是爱好
Rock collecting.
收集石头
Childish, really.
挺幼稚的
I can see that.
我懂你意思
As you can see,
如你们所见
sometimes a person can be both incredibly intelligent
有时一个绝顶聪明的人
and full of baloney.
也会满口胡言