In any ecosystem,
在任何生态系统中
you'll find a delicate balance between predator and prey.
你都能发现捕食者与猎物之间那微妙的平衡
Some well-known predators
某些知名的捕食者
include Panthera leo,
比如狮
and star of the 1987 film Predator,
以及1987年电影《铁血战士》的主角
Now, examples of prey
而猎物的例子呢
include oryctolagus cuniculus,
包含了穴兔
Gallus gallus domesticus,
鸡
and weighing in at 58 pounds soaking wet,
还有个26.3公斤 浑身湿透的
Diminutive homo novus--
小型新人
curiously, a close relative
而且奇特的是
of Gallus gallus domesticus.
他还跟鸡[懦夫]是近亲
Would you mind dropping me off closer to my house?
能麻烦您在离我家近点的地方再放我下吗
You know I'm not allowed to do that.
你知道按规定我不可以这样的吧
What if I did your taxes?
如果我帮忙你报税呢
I could've gotten you a nice refund.
本来我可以帮你弄好很不错的退税呢
The perilous journey from the bus stop to my front door
从下车点到我家正门口的危险旅程
was 97.5 meters.
有足足97.5米
FYI, insisting on using the metric system
顺带一提 在保守的老家德州东部
in East Texas is another reason I was hunted by predators.
不使用美制度量标准也是我被人猎杀的原因之一
Homo novus needs a Yoo-hoo.
新人需要来一罐巧克力饮料
♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪
♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪
♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪
♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪
♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪
♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
I've decided to learn self-defense.
我决定学习防身术
- Why? - I'm quite small,
-为什么 -因为我个子小
and will be for several years,
而且还得小个几年
maybe even more if I'm a late bloomer.
如果我发育晚 甚至得小更多年
Your dad's big, maybe you'll take after him.
你爸爸人高马大 或许你会遗传到这点
We both like my mom.
我们都爱我妈
I think that's where the similarities end.
我跟他之间的共同点就这么多了
You know, one of the books mentioned
跟你说啊 其中一本书里有提到
a Vietnamese martial art.
一种越南武术
Vovinam. I'm a blue belt.
越武道 我是蓝带了
Don't be impressed.
没什么好震惊的
It's what you get when your mom buys the uniform.
你妈帮你买一件制服你就是蓝带了
Do you remember any of it?
你还记得那功夫吗
I don't even know where the belt is.
我连那带子在那里都忘了
The book says jiu-jitsu
书上说柔道
is based on using your attacker's momentum against them.
靠的就是以柔克刚 借力使力
It's just physics. Come at me.
这只是物理学 冲我来
Well, I'm new to this, so maybe just walk quickly.
我还是新手 你就快步向我来就好了
And what happens when I get to you?
当我走到时呢
I'll use your inertia to take you down.
我会利用你的惯性来放倒你
And when does inertia take me down?
惯性什么时候会把我放倒
I'm using physics.
我利用了物理学啊
This leg lock is called an Outside Ashi Garami.
这个锁脚的关节技名叫外足缄[比赛禁用]
That depends, is this your foot or mine?
这得看了 这是你的脚还是我的脚
Cooper. Your stop.
库珀 你的站
I bowled a new high score last night.
我昨晚保龄球打了新高分
- I got two turkeys. - What's a turkey?
-我打了两次火鸡 -什么是火鸡
It's three strikes in a row.
连续三次全倒
Why do they call it a turkey?
为什么会把这样取名叫火鸡啊
Well, when they first invented bowling,
当保龄球游戏刚发明的时候
they used to just throw frozen turkeys at the pins.
人们是用冷冻的火鸡肉来打倒球瓶
Eventually, they switched to balls
后来才变成了用保龄球
to cut down on the smell.
来减少球场的味道
Why you lying to her?
你为什么要骗她
I find it keeps my mind sharp.
我发现这样能让我脑筋保持灵活
Sheldon, breakfast!
谢尔顿 吃早饭啦
Shelly, you all right?
谢利 你还好吗
I must be a little sore
可能是因为
from doing jiu-jitsu with Tam yesterday.
昨天跟丹对练柔道 所以有点浑身酸痛
Why were you doing jiu-jitsu?
你们为什么要玩柔道
We're boys. Roughhousing is what we do.
我们是男生啊 男生就爱打闹
- What was that? - What was what?
-那是什么 -什么什么
An extra layer of protection.
一层额外的保护层
Protection from what?
保护什么
Sweetie, is someone bothering you?
亲爱的 有人欺负你吗
- Yes. - Who is it?
-有 -是谁
I'd rather not talk about it.
我不想说
No, I want a name right now.
不行 我现在就要知道是谁
Have you been hurting him?
你有欺负他吗
Only with my words.
我只用我的语言欺负
Tell me who it is, Shelly.
谢利 告诉我是谁欺负你
Don't tell me to slow down.
你别叫我冷静
Someone is bullying him.
有人欺负他
Sheldon, you can't go to school wearing all that.
谢尔顿 你不能穿成这样去上学
Go to your room and take it off.
回房间把它脱下来
But my cereal's gonna get soggy.
但我的麦片快要泡糊了
I'd like one nice morning.
我就想有个清静的早晨
Why aren't you more upset about this?
为什么这事情你都不生气的
I am. I just think we should proceed with caution.
我不高兴啊 但是我们应该小心处理
- Someone is hurting our son. - I understand.
-有人在伤害我们儿子 -我知道
But handling bullies is tricky. It...
但处理恶霸的事很复杂
It's easy to make things worse.
很容易弄巧成拙 害他更惨
And what makes you the expert?
这事情你还是什么专家吗
Honey, I was a bully.
亲爱的 我当年就是恶霸
You get involved in this in the wrong way,
你用错误的方式插手此事
and they'll take it out on Sheldon.
恶霸们就会在谢尔顿身上发泄
Well, I'm sorry, but I can't just stand by.
抱歉啊 但我就是没办法不作为
Georgie, I need to talk to you, and wake up,
小乔治 我有事情要跟你说 你也该起床了
you're gonna be late.
你会来不及的
Got it covered. I slept in my clothes.
放心 我换好衣服才睡的
Oh, Lord. Look, somebody has been picking on your brother.
天啊 你听我说 有人在欺负你弟弟
You know anything about it?
你知道这事情吗
You better not be covering for anybody.
你最好不是在帮别人隐瞒
I'm not. Most kids at school ignore him,
我没有啊 学校里的大多数人都无视他
and the girls all think he's cute.
而女生们全都觉得他很萌
It's kind of annoying.
还挺烦的
Well, I need you to look after him.
我希望你能照顾他
Because I'm your mother, and I'm asking you nicely.
因为我是你妈 而我现在在好好拜托你
What if I don't want to?
如果我不想呢
I don't care, you're doing it.
我不管 让你做就做
How was that nice?
这怎么好好拜托了
So there I was flying above the city,
当时我在城市上空飞翔
but when I woke up, I couldn't fly.
但当我醒来后 我发现自己不能飞
That's like the dream you had where you were dating Madonna,
就像是你上次梦到自己跟女神麦当娜交往
but when you woke up, you weren't.
结果梦醒后 发现并不是真的
You ever have the ones where your teeth are falling out?
那你梦过自己的牙齿在一颗颗掉吗
Better my teeth than my hair, but...
虽然说掉牙好过掉发啦 但...
- Sheldon? - Over here.
-谢尔顿 -在这里
- What are you doing? - Hiding.
-你在干嘛 -躲着
Is Billy the one giving you trouble?
欺负你的人就是比利吗
The little Sparks girl?
斯巴克斯家的小女儿吗
You're kidding. She seems so sweet.
你开玩笑吧 感觉很乖的小女孩啊
He says she slaps him around, takes his lunch money.
他说她打他 还抢他的午餐钱
She even put a tadpole down his shirt.
还往他衣服里扔蝌蚪
Poor kid, he tucks in those shirts.
可怜啊 这孩子衣服都是扎裤子里的
- She looks harmless. - She's cute.
-她看起来人畜无害啊 -她很可爱
So she probably gets away with stuff.
这样做坏事就很容易逃过责难
I wonder if stray cats poop in that sandbox.
真好奇会不会有野猫把那里当猫砂用
You need to talk to her parents.
你得去跟她家长谈谈
Because you're more intimidating than me.
因为你比我更吓人啊
Hello, Missy's dad.
你好 米希的爸爸
- Is your father home? - Yes.
-你爸爸在家吗 -在
Could you get him for me?
能去帮我叫他来吗
Dad, it's Missy's dad!
爸爸 米希的爸爸来了
He's also Sheldon's dad!
他也是谢尔顿的爸爸
Well, howdy, neighbor.
你好啊 邻居
What brings you by? Chickens too loud?
怎么来了 是鸡太吵了吗
- Nah, they been fine. - Good, good.
-没 它们挺好的 -那就好
Fried up the noisy one last week.
上周把吵的那只炸了
That shut him up. Anyway, how can I help?
这样它就安静了 所以今天来是有什么事呢
It's come to my attention that, uh...
我最近刚知道一件事...
Sheldon's run into a bit of trouble with your daughter.
谢尔顿跟你们家女儿有点问题
What kind of trouble?
什么问题
He says she been beating on him.
谢尔顿说她总打他
- My Bobbi? - Yeah.
-我们家芭比吗 -是的
This one? The six-year-old?
就是我家这个六岁的闺女
Bobbi, get over here!
芭比 你过来
You realize I've taken dumps bigger than this kid.
你知道我拉过比这孩子还大的屎吧
- Hi, Daddy. - Hey, babydoll, uh,
-爹地 -乖女儿
Mr. Cooper says that you've been picking on Sheldon.
库珀先生说你欺负他们家谢尔顿
- Now, is that true? - No, Daddy.
-这是真的吗 -不是的 爹地
Okay, go wash up for dinner.
行吧 去洗手准备吃晚饭
I don't know what to tell you, George.
我不知道了 乔治
I mean, is it, is it possible
你觉得会不会有可能
your son has a little crush on her?
是你儿子有点暗恋她
Oh, I don't think he's wired that way.
我感觉他应该没这个办法
Oh, are you saying that he's a...
你是想说他是同...
No, no, I'm saying he's a bookworm.
不是 我的意思是他就是个书呆子
Unless she's math or a dictionary, he ain't interested.
除非她是数学或是字典 不然他应该没兴趣
Thanks for hearin' me out.
谢谢你听我说这事情
Your wife sent you over here, didn't she?
是你老婆叫你过来的吧
I don't want to talk about it.
我不想谈
Not talkin' about it!
我不想说
Tell her I said hi!
帮我跟她问个好
Yeah. Me and the Lord.
是啊 谢我跟老天吧
Well, actually, my brother figured it out,
其实是我哥哥想出来的
so, technically, I would argue that I didn't.
所以严格来说 我觉得我没告发你
Uh, I should let you know,
我应该告诉你
I've read a book on jiu-jitsu.
我看了一本讲柔道的书
And I'm prepared to throw it at you.
我准备好拿这本书丢你了
Shelly, it's just Bactine.
谢利 这只是急救喷雾
I didn't even put it on you yet.
我都还没涂到你身上
You want to tell me what happened?
你想告诉我发生什么事了吗
Bobbi Sparks came into the garage...
芭比·斯巴克斯到车库里来了
And she attacked you?
她袭击你了吗
Not exactly. I tried to use jiu-jitsu on her,
没有 我试图用柔道对付她
but I tripped and fell.
但我绊倒了
Aw, baby. I'm so sorry you're havin' to deal with this.
宝贝 你得面对这些 我很抱歉
German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche said,
德国哲学家弗里德里希·尼采说过
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
"但凡不能杀死你的 最终都会使你更强大"
And do you feel stronger?
你觉得自己更强大了吗
How are the knees?
膝盖怎么样了
Better, thank you.
好多了 谢谢
And regarding this jiu-jitsu stuff, you should know
至于柔道这件事 你该知道
that a man's not supposed to raise his hand to a woman.
男人不应该对女人动手
Oh, I won't. I don't want to hurt myself again.
我不会的 我不想又伤到自己
Did you ever have a bully when you were growing up?
你小时候遇到过恶霸吗
Have you met your grandma?
你见过你姥姥了吗
I thought you said you handled it next door.
你不是说邻居的事你处理好了
Should've been you in the first place.
一开始就应该由你出面
Way to go, Scooby! That's my newshound!
真棒 史酷比 不愧是我的新闻狗仔
Missy, I could really use your help.
米希 我很需要你的帮助
I'm being bullied by Bobbi Sparks.
我被芭比·斯巴克斯欺负
Hilarious. Go on.
笑死人 继续说
Mom says a man should never raise his hand to a woman.
妈妈说男人绝对不可以打女人
But I believe I've found a loophole.
但我想 我找到了空子可钻
You're a woman, so you're allowed to hit her as much as you want.
你是女人 所以你可以尽情揍她
Why would I do that?
我为什么要揍她
Because I'm willing to pay you.
因为我愿意付钱给你
My life savings, four dollars.
我毕生积蓄 4美刀
That's a good start.
这是个好开始
Now, let's talk TV privileges.
现在我们再来谈谈电视使用权
Complete control every afternoon for two months.
接下来的两个月 每天下午看什么都由我决定
That's when Professor Proton is on.
《质子教授》就是在那个时段播出
I know. Sucks for you.
我知道 你真惨
How many lanes you need?
你要开几条道
Actually, I'm here to talk to you.
其实我是有话要跟你说
Seems that our kids are havin' a little problem.
我们的孩子之间好像有点小问题
Yeah. Herschel told me.
对 赫谢尔告诉我了
So, I was wondering what you're plannin' to do about it,
我想知道你打算如何处理
'cause the situation doesn't seem to be gettin' any better.
因为情况好像没有任何好转
Well, if you haven't noticed,
如果你还没注意到
I'm at work right now.
我正工作呢
that your daughter's being abusive to my son.
你女儿在欺负我儿子吧
Well, maybe your son needs to grow a pair.
或许你儿子需要长点胆子[蛋蛋]
And in due time, he will.
等时候到了 他会的
But right now, I expect you
但现在 我请你
to teach your children how to behave.
教好你孩子如何做人
Connie Tucker to the front desk, please.
康妮·塔克请到前台来
Why are you calling her?
你干嘛呼叫她
You say my daughter's harassing your son.
你说我女儿在骚扰你儿子
Well, her daughter's harassing me.
她女儿也在骚扰我
What are you doin' here?
你怎么来了
Well, I was hopin' to have a rational conversation about Shelly,
我本来希望能理智地跟她谈谢利的事
but there's only one person being rational.
但表现理智的人只有一个
Uh, and it ain't you.
而那人不是你
Could you excuse us for just a minute?
我们先失陪一下
Do you understand that you are in the place
你知道你现在所处的地方
where I socialize three to four days a week?
我每周都要在这社交三到四天吗
So you care more about bowling than your grandson?
你觉得保龄球比你外孙还重要吗
Of course not. I'm just saying
当然不是 我只是说
maybe there's a better way to go about it.
也许有更好的解决方法
Now, I'm warnin' you, Brenda is one mean--
我提醒你 布兰达可是个恶毒的...
I know you don't like bad language,
我不知道你不喜欢脏话
but we are in a bowling alley-- one mean bitch.
但我们正在保龄球馆... 恶毒的婊子
Well, I can be mean, too.
我也可以很恶毒
Okay, you listen to me.
你给我听好了
You get your kid in line or I...
你叫你孩子规矩点 否则我...
What are you doing?
你这是干什么
This is my place of business.
这里是我做生意的地方
And now I see where your daughter gets it.
现在我知道你女儿是学了谁了
I have been nothin' but nice
从你们一家搬进来那天起
to you and your family since the day y'all moved in,
我一直都对你们礼貌有加
and I'm over it.
但我不会再那样了
Watching you walk around all holier than thou,
看着你自以为是地走来走去
like you're better than everyone else.
觉得自己比其他人都优越
I'm gonna pray for you.
老娘会狠狠地为你祈祷
She says that to me all the time.
她总对我那么说
I'm not even sure she does it.
我都不知道她是否真会那么做
I don't want to talk about it.
我不想说这事
Is that pine?
那是松木消毒剂的味道吗
We're not talkin' about it.
我们不说这个
It has come to my attention
我最近刚知道一件事...
that your wife went to speak with my wife at her place of work,
你老婆去我老婆工作的地方找她了
- and, uh... - She send you over here?
-然后... -她派你来这的吗
Uh, the-the important thing is that I'm here to tell you
重点是 我来这是要告诉你
that, uh, Mary's behavior was inappropriate.
玛丽的行为很不恰当
You know, it's interesting.
挺有意思的
When I came to your house, you were laughin',
我去你家时 你笑脸相迎
now you're all serious.
你却板着一张脸
What do you say we go talk about this
我们到更自在的地方谈
somewhere a little more comfortable?
你说怎么样
Who's at the door?
在门口的是谁
Make yourself at home.
你请自便
You hang out in here?
你都在这消磨时间吗
Once you get used to the smell,
一旦习惯了这股味儿
I coach a high school football team.
我是高中橄榄球队教练
This smells like petunias.
这里闻起来像牵牛花般清新
take a break from the family and...
暂时躲开家人
come out here and watch the games.
到这里来看比赛
Your wife don't mind?
你老婆不介意吗
She's scared to death of chickens.
她怕死鸡了
- Is that right? - Once I found out,
-是吗 -我一知道
buildin' this coop was a no-brainer.
就立刻决定建这个鸡舍
You were gone so long.
你去了好久
One lump or two?
加一块糖还是两块
Why would I want lumpy tea?
我为什么要喝甜的茶
Isn't he pretty?
他多美啊 对不对
We're family. It's what we do.
我们是一家人 应该的
Listen, I'm sorry my wife went down to the bowling alley.
真不好意思 我老婆到保龄球馆去了
Please, I'm sorry Brenda made me come to your door.
拜托 我才不好意思 布兰达逼我去你家
This is the most fun I've had all week.
这是我一星期以来最开心的一天了
I-I feel bad about the whole thing with the kids.
孩子们有矛盾 我心里也不好过
I know, but Bobbi shouldn't be beatin' on Sheldon like that.
我知道 但芭比不应该那样欺负谢尔顿
- It's not okay. - What's not okay
-那是不对的 -真正不对的
is Sheldon gettin' beat up by a little girl.
是谢尔顿竟然被一个小女孩欺负
Look, I'll talk to Bobbi.
我会跟芭比谈谈
I don't know if it'll help, but I'll try.
不知道会不会有帮助 但我会尽力
Hey, you're a good man.
你是个好人
Yeah, I-I should be headin' back.
我该回去了
All right, well, look, come on by anytime.
好的 随时欢迎你来
You know, we should probably get our stories straight
我们最好先把故事编圆
before we talk to our respective...
再跟我们各自的...
What do you want to say?
你想说什么
it almost got ugly,
场面差点变得难看
but we came to an understanding.
但我们最终达成了共识
- I like that. - Yeah.
-我喜欢 -嗯
You want to take a swing at me?
你想打我一拳吗
Make it look real?
好看起来更真实
I have a freakishly high tolerance for pain.
我忍痛能力高得离奇
No, no. But you're sweet for offering.
不了 但你的提议有心了
- You have a good night. - You, too, pal.
-晚安了 -晚安 哥们
Where the hell are you?!
你特么在哪儿
I built a hidey-hole under here,
我在底下建了个藏身洞
but there's only room for one of us.
但只够我们一个人躲进去
Where is that fat dumbass?
那个蠢肥猪到哪儿去了
Believe it or not, that means I'm gettin' lucky tonight.
信不信由你 但那表示我今晚有艳福了
Y'all have an odd relationship.
你们的婚姻关系好奇葩
Love is a mysterious thing.
爱是一件神秘的事
Existing in a world of predators isn't easy,
在充满捕食者的世界生存 不是易事
but we prey have developed several natural defenses
但我们猎物发展出了一些自然防御机制
to help us survive.
帮自己活下来
There's playing dead,
有装死
warning calls, camouflage...
警告的大叫 伪装
...and, last but certainly not least,
还有 最后一点也很重要的
good old-fashioned running away.
传统老式的落荒而逃
A little screaming never hurts either.
伴随着一点尖叫也无伤大雅