*I think I wanna tell you somethin'*
*我想告诉你点儿事*
*I think I wanna tell you somethin'*
*我想告诉你点儿事*
*I think I wanna tell you somethin'*
*我想告诉你点儿事*
*I think I wanna tell you somethin'*
*我想告诉你点儿事*
I made my special heart pancakes.
我做了特制心形煎饼
What kind of jank-ass hearts are these?
这是什么奇葩心形
That one looks like a butt.
那个长得好像屁股
Sorry. It was kind of a rough night.
对不起 昨晚很难熬
But, um, this afternoon,
不过今天下午
I finally have my consultation with the chief of staff at the VA,
我终于要和退伍军人事务处的主任会谈了
- and I think... - Yeah, chiefs'll do that sometimes.
-我觉得... -是啊 主任时不时就会找人会谈
Can I get some sticky sauce for these pan-butts or what?
能帮我拿点酱汁 用屁股煎饼蘸着吃吗
It turns out, in World War I,
事实证明 第一次世界大战时
the official term for "PTSD" Was "Cowardice,"
创伤后应激障碍的官方解释就是"懦弱"
- and you were shot for it. - That is interesting.
-你会因此被枪毙 -挺有趣
How are you holding up, Jimmy?
你还好吗 吉米
When my guinea pig died, I couldn't jack off
我家豚鼠死掉时 我有差不多半天
- for, like, half a day. - I'm telling you guys--
-都没心情自插 -我跟你们说
false alarm. He truly doesn't give a shit.
绝对是虚惊一场 他真的不在乎
...mommy classes Becca's always yammering about.
贝卡总在念叨的一个什么破育婴课
- Yeah. What's up? - Big writing day ahead of me.
-在 怎么了 -今天是重大的写作日
I need you to get all my usual writing snacks
我想让你帮我到英国特产店
from the British specialty store.
把我平时写作吃的零食都买来
Shrimp-flavored crisps,
虾味薯片
Wallington's choco-knockers, tartar biscuits,
瓦伦格牌巧克力甜甜圈 塔塔酱饼干
kidney jerky, and then all your standard candies
肉条 以及所有常见的"糖"
lemingtons, fluffingtons, rum Christophers...
莱明顿蛋糕 弗拉芬顿饼 朗姆糖
I have eyes on him right now.
我已经盯住他了
Subject is on the move.
目标在移动
A British flag balloon.
英国国旗气球
How did you know?
你怎么知道我喜欢
Oh, I pays attention to my girl.
我时刻关注我女人
Edgar, look at me. No.
埃德加 看着我 别
- Edgar... - I've been thinking about you all day.
-埃德加 -我一整天都在想你
I could barely sleep.
我想得睡不着觉
Okay, you need your sleep.
好了 你需要睡眠
Aren't you supposed to have your big meeting thingy
你不是和那个主任
- with the head counselor person? - I was actually thinking,
-有个重大会谈吗 -我其实在想
instead, what if we just hung out here all day,
我们不如在这玩上一整天
you know, just, like, laid in bed and watched movies?
比如 躺在床上看电影
Or... ignored movies.
或者 直接无视电影
Why don't you want to go?
你为什么不想去
You've been waiting to meet with her for months.
你等着见她有几个月了
What if I go and this is my best last chance
万一我去了 发现这是我最后的机会
and they can't help me?
他们却无能为力呢
- Then we try something else. - What else?!
-那我们再试试别的办法 -还有什么办法
I've tried booze, drugs,
我试了酒精 毒品
talk therapy, pills.
谈话治疗 吃药
If not for you, for me.
不为你 是为了我
I need you to try.
我需要你尝试
Sometimes I see you look at me...
有时我看你的眼神
I'm sorry, Dorothy.
对不起 多洛希
I don't need you to apologize. I just need you to keep trying.
我不需要你道歉 我只要你继续努力
You are brave and you're smart and you're strong, okay?
你很勇敢 聪明也坚强 好吗
And remember, when you go,
记住 你去的时候
you just have to be your own advocate, okay?
你要为自己拼命说话 好吗
They can fix you,
他们可以治愈你
but you might have to fight for it.
但你也许得努力争取
This is the one time to not follow the rules.
这一次 你不要遵守规矩
It's their job to help you.
帮助你是他们的工作
Edgar, where are your pre-moistened towelettes?
埃德加 你的湿纸巾在哪里
I don't have any. Why?
我没有啊 怎么了
I might need one in a few minutes.
几分钟后我可能需要一条
Hey, look, it's your...
嘿 瞧啊 那不是你的...
dumbass limey biscuit and fag store.
蠢货海军饼干和劳工商店吗
Um, Edgar, I thought you said you couldn't get my writing snacks
埃德加 我记得你说你没办法帮我买写作零食
'cause the store was cordoned off due to police activity.
因为商店由于什么警务行动被警戒线围起来了
I, uh... I-I guess they caught the guy.
我...我想他们抓到人了吧
- Jesus! - You are lucky I didn't just break my wang.
-天呐 -我没断屌算你走运了
I broke a guy's wang once.
我有一次就夹断了某人的屌
They never tell you how far back it can and can't go.
都没人说那玩意儿到底能伸多长
It's the sideways that's really dangerous.
辅路才是真的危险
Oi! Eyes forward, pervert.
喂 眼睛往前看 变态
is this an audio tape?
这是录音带吗
I didn't know they still had those.
我都不知道这东西还能用呢
I guess poor people still need something to listen to.
我想穷人也需要听点什么吧
I like my tapes. My brother gave me these.
我喜欢我的录音带 我哥哥给我的
- This is my favorite because it reminds... - Oh, look!
-这是我的最爱 因为这让我想起了 -看
He even has them in a little tape case.
他还把录音带装进了盒子里
Oh, my God, are we in the Smithsonian?
天呐 我们是在史密森尼博物馆吗
Do obese Midwesterners gather around your car,
是不是有来自中西部的胖子围着你的车
pressing their be-churroed faces
把他们油条般的脸
at the glass to marvel at your
贴在玻璃上
ancient relics from an erstwhile time of low-fidelity
惊叹你那来自低保真
and inability to fast forward through songs quickly?
不能快进跳歌时代的老古董
I swear, this is by far the worst Uber I have ever taken.
我发誓这是我目前为止叫过的最烂的优步车了
Oh, I almost forgot-- give us your car booze.
我都快忘了 把你车里的藏酒给我
Guys, I... I really have to get to my VA appointment.
二位 我真的得赶去退伍军人事务处了
Fine, but when you're done with your stupid thing
好吧 但等你搞定了你那破事儿
you're giving us a ride home.
得来接我们回家
Boy, oh, boy, son, I...
天呐 孩子 我...
You know, I really got to congratulate
我真的要祝贺
you on your tenacity and dedication to overcoming your difficulties.
你这种克服困难的坚韧和执着的精神
You-you really... you really are an inspiration.
你真的非常鼓舞人心啊
I'm, uh... Actually, I'm-I'm not doing so well.
我...其实我的情况不是很好
Well, you got in to see me,
你能成功来见我
and that takes grit and determination.
那需要勇气和决心啊
Sometimes my own grandchildren
有时我自己的孙子们
have to make an appointment to see me.
得预约才能见我
But should it take grit and determination to get help?
但获得帮助本就该需要勇气和决心吗
Edgar, you are exactly right.
埃德加 你说得太对了
Believe you me, when I think of the difficulties
相信我 我每每想到
that our chronic underfunding has meant for our patients,
本该给病患的资金长期不足的难题
it just makes my blood boil.
都气得我五内俱焚
We are making strides, though.
不过我们已经有很大进步了
to stop being fax dependent before the next war.
在下场战争开始前淘汰传真
Wait, you guys know when the next war is?
等等 你们知道下场战争什么时候开打吗
I really like you.
我真心喜欢你
I really like you.
我也很喜欢你
Oh, that's so nice.
那真是好极了
You know what? What the heck.
算了 管它的
to offer you ten sessions in our virtual reality trainer.
为你提供十期虚拟现实训练
They actually build a video game
他们根据你们的创伤经历
out of your trauma.
制作了一个电子游戏
But scary, of course.
当然也很吓人
But, more importantly,
但更重要的是
it's shown real efficacy
实验表明
in ameliorating battlefield trauma of your type.
它对改善你这种战场创伤有实际效果
- Well, I-I know about that. - Yeah?
-我知道这种训练 -是吗
But I-I was told that study was full up.
但之前有人告诉我名额已经满了
It's our little secret.
这是我们之间的小秘密
But I-I guess I don't understand --
但我有点不明白
um, what if I hadn't kept asking and asking?
假如我没有坚持提出要求会怎样
Let's get you signed up, shall we?
我这就给你登记上 好不好
So, you are taking Paxil,
看来你在服用百可舒
Ambien, Chlordia...
安必恩 利眠宁
11 different medications, actually.
实际上我一共在服用11种不同的药
and I never went to war.
而我还从没上过战场呢
Getting old: don't do it.
人不服老不行啊
Yeah, but actually, I stopped taking those.
其实 那些药我都停服了
Oh, dear. Which ones?
天啊 哪几种停服了
All of them. I stopped them all.
都停了 我把药全停了
on the full course of your prescribed treatment,
开始服用所有开给你的药后再来
then we can revisit
到时我们再看看
whether we can locate a place for you
能否在我们其他的项目中
in one of our alternative programs.
给你安排个名额
but they were not working for me, and this might.
但那些药对我都没效果 这个说不定有
If you're hostile to one of our treatments,
如果你对我们现有的一项治疗这么排斥
how can I offer you another?
我怎能再给你安排其他的项目
Especially when our budget is limited,
特别是如今我们预算有限
and there's so many deserving men and women?
又有那么多男男女女值得被帮助
No, I'm-I'm not hostile, I'm... Okay? I just...
不 我没有排斥 我只是...
I don't like the side effects.
我受不了那些副作用
They make me feel blotchy.
它们让我觉得自己伤痕累累
Okay? I-It's just-it's just turning down the volume.
好吗 它只能稍微控制一下症状
It... It's not living.
那根本不叫活着
we seem to be at an impasse.
我们似乎陷入了僵局
No, I'm not leaving.
不 我不走
You're gonna help me.
你得帮我
It's the only reason you exist: to help us.
那是你存在的唯一理由 就是帮助我们
it's not enough to be fed a one size fits all cocktail of shut up pills.
仅仅靠给我吃那么多种药来让我住嘴是不够的
Oh, if we had shut up pills,
如果我们有能让你住嘴的药
we would have prescribed them to you by now.
我们肯定已经开给你了
Okay. You feel free to make another appointment
好了 等你重新开始吃药的时候
once you're back on your prescribed medication.
你就可以预约下一次治疗了
We're ready to go.
我们准备走了
And I sincerely hope you've got our car booze.
而且我真心希望你准备好了在车上喝的酒
A majority of your rating rests on this.
你的评分很大一部分就看这一项了
Uh, sorry, I-I can't come.
抱歉 我来不了了
My, um... my car broke down.
我的 我的车坏了
Oh, well, that's not a surprise,
真是一点也不意外
piece of shit with no auxiliary plug or car booze.
那破烂玩意儿没有辅助启动装置也没有酒
Can you not just pick up our prop?
你能不捡我们的道具吗
We're gonna have to go again.
我们又得重新拍了
Oh, sorry. I-I didn't notice you were...
抱歉 我没注意到你们在...
What? You just thought a paper boat
什么 你以为一只纸船
was sailing down the river on its own?
真能自己就那么顺流而下吗
Don't talk to me that way!
别那样和我说话
Sorry. We're making this silent short for a class,
抱歉 我们在拍一部默片当课后作业
and we don't have tons of film.
而且我们的胶卷不多
I don't understand why we have to shoot on film anyway.
我都不明白为什么我们非得用胶卷拍
I mean, I bought myself a Red with my bar mitzvah money.
我用成人礼的钱买了个瑞德数位电影摄影机
- He has a good look, huh? - What?
-他长得挺帅的 对吧 -什么
Hey, uh, that's my car.
等等 那是我的车
It's my car. I'm here.
这是我的车 我人在这儿呢
- I'm just doing my job. - Oh, I know. I know.
-我只是公事公办 -我知道我知道
I'm sorry. I, uh... I-I ran out of gas.
抱歉 我 我车没油了
You can't just leave your car here.
你不能把车就这么扔在这儿
And you got plenty of gas.
而且你油还多着呢
Look, I had to pull over.
我当时不得不停车
I'm... I've been, um...
我 我一直
I'm having a tough day.
我今天过得特别糟
I drive a tow truck.
我是开拖车的
Everybody's having a tough day.
人人都过得很艰难
What? How did...?
什么 你是怎么...
Your paperwork on the seat of your car.
你放在车座上的文件显示的
- Dreams? - Some real bad ones.
-你做梦吗 -非常可怕的噩梦
- Hypervigilance? - I saw a sniper on the overpass.
-过度警觉吗 -我曾在天桥上看到一个狙击手
IEDs in the trash?
垃圾桶里的简易炸弹吗
Yes! Roadside trash is the worst.
没错 路边的垃圾最可怕了
Why can't they just throw it away?
他们怎么就不能扔远点呢
Suicidal thoughts?
有过自杀的想法吗
You know the stats?
你知道统计数据是多少吗
Though, in truth, there are some Vietnam dudes
不过 实际上 有些越战老兵的自杀
that are jacking up our numbers, but still.
将这个数字拔得过高 不过本来也确实很高了
I thought starting today, things would get better.
我以为从今天开始 情况会好转呢
But they don't give a shit.
但他们根本就不在乎
Here's what you got to understand.
你得明白这么一点
They're not evil. None of 'em are.
他们并不是恶魔 都不是的
The military's job
在军队的工作
is to sand down our humanity just enough
就是要把我们的人性埋藏得足够深
to where we can take a life.
让我们能下得去手杀人
Afterwards, some totally separate branch
之后 某些完全分离的部门
gets to deal with all these purposely broken motherfuckers.
不得不面对我们这些被整得崩溃的混蛋
Not only is that impossible with the resources,
不仅是在现有的资源下无法做到
that's just impossible, period.
这事本身就是不可能的 就这样
Well, then, what are we supposed to do?
那我们这些人该怎么做才好呢
Not wait for someone to help you.
不要等着别人来帮助你
Figure out what works.
自己想清楚什么办法可行
My man Carter-- he hunts all the time.
我兄弟卡特 他就经常打猎
This big chopper pilot I know...
我认识的一个直升机飞行员
he goes to yoga.
他的方式是练瑜伽
And we make fun of him, but it seems to work.
我们还嘲笑他 但这办法似乎很有效
Jorge hikes the PCT once a year.
霍奇每年去太平洋屋脊步道行走一次
I got this companion dog.
我弄了一只伴侣犬
I wanted a big, mean, dude,
我本来想养一只大型的凶犬
but the organization gave me this little scrub.
但是组织给了我这个小可爱
He saved my life-- this guy.
它救了我的命 就这家伙
This other bro I know locks himself in his bedroom
我认识的另一个家伙喜欢把自己锁在卧室里
and stabs his closet door.
疯狂地捅橱柜门
I mean, he's not getting his deposit back,
他算是别想拿回租房交付的定金了
but once the rage passes, he's fine.
但是一旦发泄完怒火 他就没事了
I know you don't want to hear this,
我知道你不想听这话
but the minute you stop looking for someone else to cure you,
但从你停止寻找别人来帮助你的那一刻起
maybe you start living again.
或许你又重新开始活着了
Dude! Don't do that!
老兄 别那么做
Sorry. I am s... sorry.
抱歉 不好意思