I'm looking for a box of chocolates. Something fancy, if you have it.
买一盒巧克力, 那种好看的,有吗?
- Is it for a gift? - Yeah. I want something fancy...
—送礼吗? —对。要好看点儿的
...and not too rich because she tends to put on a little blubber, the wife.
味不要太冲, 因为我老婆喜欢放点鲸鱼油...
- Uh-huh. - Around the thighs.
-在大腿上
What about this one? It's really nice. It's kind of rich.
这个怎么样?这个好极了。 有点品味。
- It's from Belgium. - From Belgium?
—比利时进口的。 —来自比利时吗?
- It's very pretty. - Yeah.
—漂亮极了。
- Hey, Frenchy, I'm home! - Who's that?
—喂,法兰琪,我回来了 —你是谁啊?
"Who's that?" It's the pope!
“你是谁?”我是教皇!
- I always wanted to see your apartment. - Shh.
—我一直想参观一下你的家。 —嘘
- Who comes home every night? Me. - I'm watching Princess Diana.
—谁每天晚上回家?是我。 —我在看“公主戴安纳”。
Not again! How many times you gonna do that?
别再看了!还要看多少遍?
Look at those clothes.
看看那些衣服。
I told you time and again, she got all that stuff discount.
我跟你说了多少遍了, 她买那些东西都是打折的。
You think those kings and queens buy retail? It's a known...
你认为那些国王和王后买零售价吗? 这众所周...
- Here, I got you some chocolates. - Chocolates?
—看,我买了巧克力。 —巧克力?
You heard of chocolates? I got you chocolates.
没听到我说巧克力吗? 我给你买了巧克力。
- How come? - What do you mean, "How come?"
—凭什么? —“凭什么?”,什么意思?
These are from Belgium. They're handmade by "Belgiumites."
这是从比利时进口的, “比利时鬼子”手工做的。
Tell it to the marines! You're up to something.
还是把这话和海军陆战队员说吧! 你肯定别有所图。
You get caught hitting on a waitress?
是不是泡女服务员被逮住了?
In 25 years of marriage, have I ever hit on anybody but you?
我们结婚25中除了你, 我泡过别人吗?
I don't buy it, Ray. You got a scheme. You got a scheme!
我不买你的帐,瑞. 你有阴谋。你一定有阴谋!
Forget it! Get me dinner. They're not for you.
算了吧!把饭拿来。 巧克力不是给你的。
- I got you nothing. Just get me dinner. - Fine.
-就算什么也没给你买。把我的饭拿来吧。 -就这么着吧。
I want my dinner right now, and hurry up.
我要马上吃饭,快点吧。
Before you make dinner, I gotta talk to you about something.
你做饭前,我要和你谈点事。
What did I tell you? Here comes the commercial.
你说什么来着? 商业广告来了吧。
- Frenchy, I need our 6,000 bucks. - What?
-法兰琪,我需要我们的6,000块钱。 -什么?
- I gotta have our six G's. - That's our whole savings.
-我要我们的6千块。 -那可是我们全部的积蓄呀。
- Don't get dramatic about it. - Ray, six G's. That's all we got, right?
-别太激动。 -瑞,6千。我们所有的钱,对吗?
I got a brilliant idea. I'm gonna make us rich.
我有一个特别棒的主意。 会使我们发财的。
How you gonna make us rich? Rob a bank?
怎么发财?抢银行吗?
How'd you know that? How'd you guess that?
你怎么知道的? 你怎么猜到的?
First shot out of the box, you got it.
-真是电视上的头条新闻。你都知道了。
Is that why Tommy Beal's coming over? And Denny?
汤米·比尔要来咱们家就为这吗? 还有丹尼?
What would you say if I told you...
假如我告诉你,你会说什么?
...that you were married to a very brilliant man?
会说你嫁给了一个绝顶聪明的老公?
- I'd say I'd have to be a bigamist. - This is foolproof.
-我会说我必须犯重婚罪了。 -这个计划连傻瓜干都不会出错的。
You told me you were finished with that life.
你说过这种生活结束了。
I've been finished with it. But look at me.
是结束了,可你看看我。
I kick around from stupid job to job.
我干的工作个个愚蠢,天天瞎混。
- You like the way we're living? - It beats your former residence.
-你喜欢我们现在的生活吗? -比你以前住的监狱强。
Think I like spending our anniversary staring at you through glass...
想想,我喜欢在我们结婚记念日 透过玻璃盯着你...
...talking over a phone?
必须通过电话谈话,是吗?
Frenchy, you stood by me. Granted, you stood by me.
法兰琪,你是支持我的。 你说过的,站在我一边。
Two years in the joint I waited for you. And what did I get for it?
我在酒吧等了你2年, 我等到了什么?
You got Belgian chocolates. What's wrong with that?
你得到了比利时巧克力。 这有什么问题吗?
God, I've got an idea and this is so incredible.
上帝呀,我想到一个主意, 这太不可思议了
But we need seed money for this plan. We need 18,000 bucks.
可我们的计划要本钱。我们需要18,000块。
Denny's kickin' in six, Tommy's kickin' in six, and I gotta put in my six.
丹尼出6千,汤米出6千,我得出我那6千。
- Where are those bums gonna get that kind of stake? -They're not bums.
-那些混混上哪搞这笔钱? -他们不是混混。
- Maybe they didn't go to Harvard. - Harvard?
-可能因为他们没上过哈佛。 -哈佛?
They never completed kindergarten because they were drafted.
他们连幼儿园都没毕业, 因为他们应征入“帮”了。
You're such a snob, Frenchy.
你真太势利眼了,法兰琪
For God's sakes! Denny's not stupid'cause he drives a truck.
看在上帝的份上,丹尼不傻,因为他会开卡车。
No, he's stupid because he has a low I.Q. Come on, out of the way.
他傻,因为他智商低。 算了,别挡道。
- Oh, I'd like to just flatten you once! - Oh, yeah.
-我真想再扁你一次。 -噢,是吗。
Tommy's got street smarts.
汤米对街面上的事很聪明。
He is street smart. His brain's got potholes.
他马路上聪明,因为他脑子里有路上的坑。
You with the wisecracks! She's got an answer for everything.
你真会说俏皮话。 她什么话都对答有术。
Forget it! I'm not spending our last few bucks!
算了! 我决不会花最后那几块钱的!
I got my end. I told you I could match you.
我搞到了我那份。 我说过,和你有一比。
You overmatched him. He can't get his end.
你赢他了。 他不能拿到他那份。
Frenchy, I've gotta have that money!
法兰琪,我必须拿到这笔钱!
For a heist? Pass. Maybe if you needed a quadruple bypass.
为了抢钱吗?拉倒吧。 或许你需要出城凉快一下。
- This is a brilliant thing! - No, Ray really is a genius!
-这一个十拿九稳的事 -这不是事,是人,瑞真是个天才!
- Compared to you this chair is a genius. - This is a plan of a great mind.
-和你比,这把椅子是天才。 -这计划出自伟大的头脑。
This is precise, mathematical. It's hard to believe you're just a dishwasher.
这个计划精确,按数学计算的。 你还是洗碗工,真让人不敢相信。
I don't get your "agreeance" on this, I count to three, there's gonna be trouble.
如果你不“肯首”这事, 我数到3,就有麻烦了。
You can count to 53! I did a lot of nails for that money, and it's all we got.
你可以数到53! 我给人修了多少指甲才挣了这些钱,这是我们所有的钱了。
- That's what you want to do all your life? Nails? -Take a hike, okay?
你一生就想做这事吗? 修指甲?别干了,好吗?
- I'm telling you, I'm countin'. - Oh, yeah?
-我在跟你说呢,我要数了。 -噢,数啊?
- Lf I lose it, you're gone. - Oh, I'm quaking in my panty hose.
-如果我控制不住,你就衰了。 -是吗,我的腿在袜子中在发抖哎。
You're embarrassing me in front of my friends.
你让在我朋友面前下不了台。
- Who said you could have my cookies? - I can't have a cookie?
-谁让你吃我的饼干了? -我不能吃饼干吗?
- What's up? - Did you get your share?
-怎么样? -拿到你那份了吗?
My share of what? Yeah, I got it. I sold some stuff.
我的什么份? 喔,明白了。我卖了点东西。
- What'd you sell? - A rented car.
-卖了什么? -租来的车。
- He can't get his end. She won't give it to him. - I can get my end!
-他没拿到他那份。她不给他。 -我能搞到我那份的!
The candy didn't work? You said you'd have her eatin' out of your hand.
糖果不好使吧? 你说要让她拿着你的手吃的。
All that's missing from this guy is a piece of velvet and a pet mouse.
这家伙所缺的就是一块天鹅绒布和一只宠物老鼠。
Frenchy, gimme the money.
法兰琪,把钱给我。
I wouldn't invest our last six thou if you had a legit idea...
我不会投资这最后的6千, 如果你没有一个说得过去的主意,
...much less something that's gonna land the three of you jerks back in stir.
不要让你们三个蠢货太兴奋。
You said you called the shots around here.
你刚才说你是当家的。
Will you knock it off!
歇菜吧,你!
Frenchy, that money's mine.
法兰琪,那钱是我的。
It's mine. I earned it, and I'm saving it for an emergency.
是我的。是我挣的。 这钱是应急的。
- But I'm your husband. - Oh, take a hike.
—可我是你老公啊。 —噢,一边去。
Frenchy, I'm gonna get violent!
法兰琪,我要动粗了!
Please! With your hernia?
来吧!把吃奶劲使出来。
Fellas, I can't do it. It's over. Forget it.
兄弟,我做不来这个。 完了。这事算了。
You said you're the boss.
你说过你是老板的。
Stop telling me what I said, for crying out loud!
别告诉我我曾说过什么, 瞎嚷嚷什么。
It's over. Let the bank lay there. Let someone else do it.
结束了。让银行放在那吧。 让其它人做吧。
- I gotta get some air. I'm going up on the roof. - Don't jump!
—我要吸点空气,我上房顶。 —别跳楼啊!
- You're too valuable as a dishwasher. - Ah, knock it off!
—你这个洗碗工可有价值了。 —啊,一边儿去。
- Frenchy, can I have another cookie? - No!
—法兰琪,我能再来一块饼干吗? —不行!
All right, tell me your idea.
好吧,说说你的想法。
I told you my idea. You shot it down.
我说过,但你给枪毙了。
- You gonna tell me, or are you gonna have a tantrum? -For God's sakes!
—你要么告诉我,要么继续生闷气? —看在上帝的份上!
For some reason you're always shooting down my dreams.
你总是莫名其妙地屠杀我的梦想。
Because you get the kind of dreams people get...
因为你的梦通常是那些...
...after putting opium in their brownies.
把鸦片放到巧克力蛋糕里的人做的梦。
Can I for one minute tell you about this bank?
给我一分钟,让我说说那家银行好吗?
You're not a bank robber.
你不是个抢银行专家。
You got a two-year mandatory vacation that proved that.
你享受的两年法厅判决的假期 证明你不是抢银行的料。
What I'm not is a stickup man. That's all we proved.
我不那种大喊叫别人举起手来别动的人。 能证明的只是这一点而已。
When I hit that bank that time, we were inexperienced.
那次我干银行时,我们没经验。
The whole group of us put on rubber masks.
我们这帮人戴着塑料面具。
They were all Ronald Reagan masks. It was confusing.
所有的面具都是罗纳德·里根。互相分不出来。
I didn't know who was who.
我都不知道谁是谁了。
You're lucky your lawyer knew the judge.
你走运,你的律师认识那个法官。
Can I please tell you my idea, Frenchy?
拜托!法兰琪,听我说我的主意好吗?
I noticed a few weeks ago, a couple doors down from the bank...
几星期前我注意到银行旁边的几个店门中,
...there's a pizza joint that folded.
一个比萨店关张了
A little hole in the wall. And it's for rent, Frenchy. It's for rent.
墙上有一个小洞。店在出租, 法兰琪,店在出租呢.
Then it hits me. And, believe me, I'm no genius.
之后,我突然想到了这个主意。 相信我,我绝不是天才。
You don't have to sell me.
你不必向我炫耀。
What I figure is, we tunnel under.
我想我们在下面挖地道。
We take the pizza joint, tunnel under, we come up under the vault of the bank.
我们拿下比萨店,在下面挖, 上来就是银行的储宝室。
I know the layout 'cause I used to know a guard. I got diagrams!
我知道银行的布局,因为 我曾认识一个警卫。搞到了平面图。
We clean out the vault, we go to Florida.
我们把储宝库拿光,就去佛罗里达。
Ray, we're poor but we're happy, ain't we?
瑞,我们是穷,但我们快乐,对不对?
We're not happy. You're always complaining.
我们不快乐。你总是抱怨。
Are you happy doing cuticles? Is that the way you want to spend your life?
你给人修指甲快乐吗? 这就是你想要过的生活吗?
My mother told me. She said, "Don't get involved with a guy from the rackets."
我妈告诉我。她说, “千万不要和做偏门的搅在一起。”
What's wrong with you? We had dreams. I don't know what's gotten into you.
你这是怎么了?我曾有梦想。 真不知道你脑子进了什么东西了。
- Did we not have dreams when I first met you? -Yeah.
—我第一次遇到你时,我们没有梦想吗?
Yes, granted, I was in the rackets. I was running numbers.
你赢了。 我干的是偏门。 那时我做非法彩票。
You were an exotic dancer. We fell in love, your parents didn't approve.
你是一个跳外国味的舞女。 我们恋爱了,你父母不同意。
I tried to go legit. I couldn't make a go of the pet cemetery.
我尝试过学好的。 可连宠物坟地都干不好。
What do you want me to do? But, but...
你要我干什么?
Frenchy, this pizza place is Just waiting for us.
法兰琪,这个比萨店正等着我们呢。
It's gonna look suspicious, a group of guys drilling in an empty store.
会被人怀疑的, 几个家伙在一个空店里打钻。
That's where you come in. You front the place.
所以要你来,你负责前面。
- What? - You front it. You make pizzas.
—什么? —你站前面。做比萨。
With what? I can't cook pizzas.
做什么?我不会做比萨。
Cook cookies! What's the difference?
做饼干!有什么区别呢?
Or you tell fortunes. You look like a Gypsy. Or make it a travel agency.
或者你算命。你像个吉普赛人。 或办个旅行社。
You work there, and we'll tunnel under into the bank.
你在那工作, 我们在下面挖通向银行的隧道
- God. - Frenchy, come here, come here.
—上帝。 —法兰琪,过来过来。
- See this? See how beautiful this is? - Yeah.
—看见这个了吗?多漂亮? —是漂亮。
See what you're seeing there? It's not just New Jersey.
看,你在那看到什么了? 这不仅仅是新泽西。
When we first met, there was a sunset just like this. Remember that?
我们初次见面时, 落日就像这样。想起来了?
Yeah. In New Jersey. But in Columbia there was an earthquake.
想起来了。在新泽西。 可在哥伦比亚有地震。
Sorry, but the location was taken by someone else.
很遗憾。这地方已经让另外的人租了。
They made a deal yesterday. I told you, if you waited too long...
昨天达成的协议。 我告诉过您,如果等的时间太长...
Who did? Who took the place?
是谁租的?谁把这地拿走了?
Gimme... You got the name?
给我。你知道姓名吗?
Mrs. Nettie Goldberg.
奈蒂·金博太太
Jesus! For what?
主啊!干什么买卖?
I believe a flower shop.
我想是花店。
It's a little old lady.
是个小老太太。
Her husband died, and she wants to make the joint into a flower shop.
她丈夫死了,打算把那店作个花店。
- That don't make no difference. Somebody's got to get to her. - To get to her and what?
—这不重要。得有人进去找她。 —找她,然后怎么样?
Beg her, con her, trick her.
求她,哄她,骗她。
I'm gonna go to her shop and threaten her.
我去她的店威胁她。
- You can't threaten her. That's all we need... - Don't do that.
—你不能威胁她。我们只要。。。 —不能这么做。
- I gotta figure a way to talk to her. - And say what?
—我得想个法子和她谈谈。 —说什么?
If her husband just died, what are you gonna say? You need a plan.
如果她丈夫刚死了,你会说什么? 你需要一个计划。
I gotta figure something. I'll charm her.
我得想个法子。我迷住她。
- What are you gonna use for charm? - Knock it off. We're serious.
—你用什么咒语? —别废话。我们是认真的。
Some master plan. You don't even have the lease.
想个大师级计划。 你连租赁合同都没有。
I'm gonna get the lease. That's what this is about.
我要搞个租赁合同。 不就这回事吗。
You guys are gonna rob a bank, and some old lady has the joint first. What a hoot.
你们这帮家伙要抢银行, 而某个老太太先得到了这个店。多可笑。
- That's very funny.
是很滑稽。
- I'm gonna slam your head off. Jesus! - Hey!
—我把你脑袋打成西八烂。主啊! —嗨!
The bank isn't even next to the pizza joint.
银行也不在比萨店隔壁。
I told you that before. That's what's great about it.
我以前说过。就是因为这个, 我的计划才如此伟大。
'Cause there's nothing suspicious.
因为没什么可怀疑的。
The only thing suspicious is your sanity.
唯一可怀疑的是你的智商。
When did any of you guys dig a tunnel?
你们中谁以前挖过隧道?
You really underestimate Ray's personality.
你真低估了瑞的品格。
He's one of the most likable dishwashers I've ever met.
他是我见过的最受欢迎的洗碗工。
Don't pay any attention to her. We're gonna proceed.
别理她。我们接着干。
I'm lookin' for Nettie Goldberg.
我在找奈蒂·金博.
- Who wants her? - Uh, I got something for her.
—谁找她 —我有东西给她。
I want to make her an offer. A big offer. Big dough. Big dough!
我要和她谈生意, 一笔大买卖。挣大钱。大钱!
- I'm Nettie Goldberg. - I know you.
—我就是奈蒂·金博 —我认识你。
You're Benny from cell block eight!
你是第8号牢房的苯尼。
- Oh, God, Ray! How are you? - Ray!
—上帝啊,瑞!你好吗? —瑞!
- You're lookin' at me like I'm a stranger. - Small world! I'm sorry.
—你看我好像我是个陌生人。 —世界太小了!对不起。
Come in. Small world.
进来吧。世界太小。
You took the lease on that empty store?
你把那家空店租下了?
Yeah. I'm gonna open a flower shop.
是。我想开家花店。
What're you gonna do with a flowershop?
开花店干什么?
Burnit down? You're still burning stuff down for insurance?
烧了?你还在烧东西弄保险吗?
I burn everything. That's how I sent two kids through college.
我什么都烧。 用这法子才把两个孩子送入大学的。
That's crazy. There's no money in that.
我真昏了头,这也没钱赚的。
Benny, you gotta come in with us.
苯尼,你得和我们干。
- Who's "us"? - "Who's us"? What are you so suspicious for?
—我们是谁? —我们是谁?你还瞎怀疑什么?
You don't trust me? It's me, Ray.
你不信我吗? 是我,瑞.
- Remember my nick name in the joint? - The Brain?
—还记得我里面的外号吗? —智多星?
The Brain. That's what the guys used to call me. I got...
智多星。里面的人就是这样叫我的。我得此。。
But, Ray, that was sarcastic.
可,瑞,那是讽刺。
- That wasn't sarcastic, that was real. - No, it was sarcastic.
—不是讽刺,是真的。 —不,就是讽刺。
- There was nothing sarcastic about it! - No, really, it was.
—这个名字没什么讽刺的! —不,真的,是讽刺你
- It was real. I was The Brain. - No, it was sarcastic.
—这是真的。我就是智多星。 —不,是讽刺
- It wasn't sarcastic. - Oh, my God!
—不是讽刺 —哦,上帝啊!
Oh, my God! It was sarcastic!
哦,我的上帝! 是讽刺!
- Fellas, this is Benny. He's in. - Benny? Looks like a cop to me.
—弟兄们,这是苯尼。他参加我们。 —苯尼?我觉得像警察。
- How you doin'? - Good. Nice to meet you.
—你好吗? —不错。高兴见到你。
- You know you're workin' with a genius? - I told him that.
—知道吗,你在和天才工作? —这个我告诉他了。
I mean, we're all smart, but he wears glasses.
我是说,我们都很聪明, 但他戴眼镜。
- What's good? Pine, right? - Oak.
—有什么用?松树,对吗? —橡树。
Redwood is what woodpeckers peck on. It's the strongest.
啄木鸟啄的是红木。 所以红木最结实。
- That makes good trees, right? - Yeah.
—啄木鸟成就了好树,对吧? —对。
This looks good. This is good stuff.
看上去不错。是好料.
Look how long it is. We could build a house with this.
看有多长。 可以造所房子了。
- We're just building a tunnel, right? - Whoa, whoa.
—我们只造隧道,是吧? —吁,打住。
- Like a house. This is good stuff. - A house, yeah.
-像房子。这材料不错。 -一间房子,明白了。
- A thousand bucks. - A thousand bucks a box! Jesus!
-1000块。 -一盒1000块!主啊!
- How many sticks in a box? - Fifty.
-一盒有几支? -50支。
My God, this is robbery. This is unbelievable.
我的上帝,这是抢劫。 不可思议。
What do we need all this dynamite for?
我们要这些炸药做什么?
What do we need the dynamite for? Just be careful...
我们要这些炸药做什么? 小心点...
- Ahh. - Can I have one of these and one of these?
这个给我一个,那个给我一个。
- Uh, okay. One of these? - Mm-hmm.
-行。这个? -嗯
- One of these. Okay. You want a bag? - No, that's okay.
-这个来一个。好的。要个袋子吗? -不要,这就行了。
- I haven't got a bag. You'll take'em like this? -That's fine.
-我没有袋子。你就像这样拿走? -无关系。
It's gonna be a lot of work, fellas.
兄弟们,要干的活可不少啊。
But when it's over, we're gonna be all very well compensated.
完事后,我们会得到很好补偿的。
- Who's gonna work the drill? - What do you mean?
-谁操作电钻? -什么意思?
I don't know how to work a drill like that.
我不知道怎么用这种钻。
There's nothing to that.
没什么,简单得很。
Whoever's gonna work the drill, I'll tell you now...
谁使电钻的,我告诉你现在...
...it's gonna make a lot of noise.
电钻会产生很大的噪音。
No, no. What do you think this is?
天啊。你把这当成什么东西了?
This is why I get the big dough. We wrap this blanket around it, it's fine.
所以我要拿大头。我们用地毯把它包上,很好。
You gotta know how to work a drill like that.
你应知道怎么用这种电钻。
Whoa, take it easy. Shut it off.
吁,放松。关上它。
Will you guys shut up? What did you do, tear a wall down?
你们这帮家伙闭嘴,好吗? 你们干什么,拆墙呢?
- We ain't started yet. - What do you mean?
-我们还没开始呢。 -什么意思?
What are you waiting for, the drilling season?
你等什么呢,打钻季吗?
Do me a favor. Go upstairs and bake.
拜托,上楼烤饼干去。
You know, l... I don't need any help.
我不需要任何帮助。
- You got it? - No. You better brace me.
-明白了? -没明白。你最好撑着我点儿。
Guys! What are you doing?
你们干什么呢?
Come on, get that thing! Get that thing!
快点,抓住那个东西! 抓住那个东西!
You got it? Okay, hold it.
明白了?好,拿住它。
Could we have a half dozen of the chocolate cinnamon?
要半打巧克力桂皮饼干。
We're closed... for Easter.
关门了,复活节
- That was three months ago. - Greek Easter.
-可复活节是3个月前 -希腊的复活节。
- Well, that was two months ago. - Chinese Easter! We're closed, okay?
-可那也是2个月前啊 -中国复活节!我们关门了,行吗?
I'd like a cookie for my daughter. Honey, what kind do you want?
我想给我女儿要一块饼干。 亲爱的,你要哪种?
All right! Come on, have a cookie. Sure, take a cookie.
好吧!快点,拿一块 好,吃一块
- How you doin'? - Oh, hi.
-生意好吗? -哦,你好。
- You still open? - Yeah, yeah, sure. Sure.
-还开门呢? -是,是,当然当然。
- Give me two cherry cinnamon. - Cherry cinnamon, right.
-给我2块樱桃桂皮饼干。 -樱桃桂皮,好的。
- New here, huh? - Just opened today, yeah.
-新来的,啊? -今天刚营业,是。
What's all that noise in the back?
后面那些噪音怎么回事?
Oh, that's the, uh, cookie press. Needs oil, you know.
哦,是..哦,饼干压缩机。 缺油了,是吧。
- There's a slight leak. - This is our plumber.
-有点漏水。 -这是我们的管工。
- I'm the plumber. There's a tiny leak. - How's it goin'?
-我是管工。有点儿漏水。 -怎么样?
- What do I owe you? - Oh, no charge.
-多少钱? -哦,不要钱了。
- Thanks a lot. Take it easy. - I gotta get some sandbags.
-多谢了。别着急。 -我要些沙袋。
The cookies, they're 85 cents.
这些饼干,共85美分。
- Somebody get the sandbags. - Just relax. You're a perfect fit.
-去拿沙袋来 -放松放松。你堵上正适合。
- Where the hell are the sandbags? - Just relax!
-沙袋他妈的在哪儿? -放松放松!
Okay, so we got off to a shaky start.
我们开始就不顺。
Yeah, I'd say it was shaky.
我说是倒霉。
There's gonna be glitches. No question about it. So what?
小差小错是免不了的。下面怎样办?
Tomorrow bring a bathing suit.
明天带游泳衣来。
I'm not discouraged 'cause I don't get discouraged.
我不泄气因为我不变得泄气。
You know, there was a woman on before. She's got over 200 pairs of shoes.
前面还上来个女人,她有200多双鞋。
Don't worry. You're gonna get yours, Frenchy. I promise you.
别担心。你也会有的。 法兰琪,我保证。
You're gonna be fine. This time, a month or two, we'll be in Miami.
你会好的。 一两个月后的这个时候,我们就在迈阿密了。
A patron of the arts. Doesn't that sound great?
艺术守护人。 听起来太好了,不是吗?
- Frenchy... - Opening night at the opera.
-法兰琪 -歌剧的首场演出
I love you. Can I tell you this? I love you.
我爱你。我可以和你说这话吗? 我爱你。
You know why? 'Cause you back me all the time, you stand by me.
知道为什么吗?因为你一直支持我, 站在我一边。
You know when I first knew I loved you?
知道我第一次爱上你, 是在什么时候吗?
This was a long time ago.
很久以前了。
Remember I taught you how to open a safe by moving the tumblers?
还记得我教你开保险柜?
You're a very romantic man. And I'm a lucky woman...
你是一个非常浪漫的男人。 我是一个幸运的女人。
...because not many wives get to see their husbands...
因为不是所有妻子都能看到丈夫...
...battling a ruptured water main.
和爆裂的大水管较劲。
- I'm crazy about you. - Crazy about you, darling.
-我为你着迷。 -为你着迷,亲爱的。
- Here, Benny. - Go ahead, put it in the bag.
-这,苯尼. -继续,放在袋子里。
- I'll give it to you... - He puts it in the bag!
-我会把它给你... -他把它放进袋子中了!
- Right, so it don't make no noise. - This is efficiency.
-没错啊,这样就不会有一点儿声音了。 -这叫效率。
What the hell... What are you putting it in his shovel for?
你到底...把这放到他的铁锹里干什么?
- He puts it in the bag. - It's call efficiency, my friend.
-他把它放到袋子里。 -这称为效率,朋友。
- Teamwork. - It saves energy.
-团队合作 -这样省劲
I've got chocolate chip here.
我这有巧克力薯片
I'll take a chocolate chip.
我来一片巧克力薯片
- The little girl was first. What do you want? -Chocolate fudge.
-那女孩在前面。你要什么? -巧克力法奇
Okay. You can only have two.
好的。你只能要两块。
- What are you stopping for? - I'm trying to figure this out.
-怎么停下来了? -我要想想。
I think, according to this, we're supposed to take a left turn.
我想,按照这图,我们本应向左转。
That doesn't mean stop. Let's go.
这不说停止。 接着干。
Will you give me... What the hell are you doing?
给我...你到底在干什么?
- What do you mean? - You've got your hat on backwards.
-你什么意思? -你的帽子戴反了。
"So?" The flashlight goes in the front.
“怎么样?”聚光灯要照前面。
It looks cooler like this.
这样戴更酷。
Are you a jerk? What do you mean it looks cooler?
你脑子坏了? 看上去更酷什么意思?
It's more stylish than that. Look at that.
这样比那样更时髦。 看这儿。
- You think so? - Yeah. Turn it around.
-你这样想? -好吧。调过来。
This is chic like this. Look at that. That's cool.
像这样叫时髦。 看这儿。酷吧。
- You got a mirror? - I don't got a mirror. That looks good.
-有镜子吗? -没有。看上去不错。
- Look at yourself. I'll show you when we get out. - All right.
-看看你自己。出去后再做给你看。 -好的。
- Can you keep going? - All right! I'm trying to figure the map out!
-我们继续向前吗? -行了!我要研究一下地图。
Okay, everybody, hold on. That's $1.70. Thank you very much.
大家等会儿。 你是1.7元。谢谢。
Thank you, thank you. Okay, yeah.
谢谢,谢谢。好的,是的。
What are you guys gonna do with your share?
你们要用你们那份做什么?
How much is my share?
我那份有多少?
I figure it's gotta be two million, right?
我算是两百万,对吧?
I'm countin' the jewelry in there too.
我也把那的珠宝算上了。
Then divided four ways, that's a half million bucks apiece.
然后分成4份,每份50万美元。
- What about Frenchy? - What about Frenchy? She's just a front.
-法兰琪不算吗? -法兰琪不算吗?她只不过是前卫。
But with out Frenchy we're dead.
可没有法兰琪,我们就死定了。
We can get any broad to sell cookies. Jeez.
我们随便找个娘们卖饼干。哼。
I say she gets a share, but not a full share.
我说她要得一份,但不是完整一份。
What if we each get a fourth and she gets like a third?
我们每人拿1/4,她拿1/3样子,如何?
Are you nuts? Then she'd be getting more than us.
你呆啊?这样她就比我们多了。
- How do you figure? -Where you gonna get four fourths and a third?
-你怎么算的? -你怎么算出4个1/4和1个1/3?
- Can't you add? - I don't do fractions.
-你不会加法吗? -我不会分数。
Let's not get greedy. Remember that movie with Humphrey Bogart...
我们不要太贪。 记得傻瓜波格特那个电影吗?
...when they're diggin' for gold in the mountains?
他们在大山里挖金子?
They find the gold and they all get rich.
他们找到了金子,都富了。
Then this guy goes nuts and he turns on his friends. Let's not let that happen here.
然后这个家伙发神经,反脸不认朋友。 我们可不要发生这样的事。
Then he gets killed by Hispanics.
结果他被西班牙人杀死了。
- What is it? The Treasure of... - Treasure Island.
-什么电影来着?金银... -金银岛。
- Treasure Island! That's right. That was a good movie. - It was the best.
-金银岛!就是它。这电影好。 -是最好
Okay, folks, here's the deal.
就这么定了吧。
I'm out of cookies, okay?
我没有饼干了,明白吗?
It's gonna be like another two minutes...
大概还要2分钟...
...so that's the way the cookie crumbles, okay?
饼干就是这样没了的,明白了?
I got one cookie left. You know who's gonna eat this? Me.
还剩下一块。 你们知道谁会吃呢?我。
I gotta put on help.
我要找人帮忙。
- Help? - Yeah. I can't handle the volume.
-找帮手? -是。量太大,我处理不了。
A second person you wanna put on?
你要找第二个人?
I can't help it, Ray. The cookies are selling.
我控制不了,瑞. 饼干卖得太火了。
Gee, I never counted on that. You know, you gotta manage it somehow.
呦嚯,这倒没算计到。 你要想法经营一下。
What about my cousin May? We can trust her.
我的表姐梅,怎样? 可以相信她。
May's a dodo. I'm gonna bring a dodo into a master plan?
梅,傻子一个。 把一个傻子带进大师级的计划中吗?
She's not a squealer.
她不会告密。
She's not a squealer, but then we'd have to cut her in.
她是不会告密, 但不得不让她卷进来,
Meanwhile, the pot's getting smaller and smaller.
还有,这锅里的肉正变得越来越少了。
I can't cook and sell at the same time.
我不能同时又做又卖。
It's a madhouse. We'll get caught.
这里人多太乱,我们会被抓的。
Hey, wait a minute. You know what we could do?
嘿,等会儿。我知道怎么办了。
We could hire May and not tell her what we're doin'.
我们可以雇用梅, 却不告诉她我们在做什么..
'Cause she'll never catch on. She's got, you know... And, and...
因为她永远不会明白。 她有点那个..你知道的..
- We're making enough dough from the cookies to pay her. - Absolutely!
-卖饼干赚的钱足够付她工资。 -绝对没问题!
We give her a small salary. She'll never figure out or catch wise to anything.
给她的工资不要太多。 她就永远不会想到或猜到什么。
Because if you think Denny and Tommy are slow...
因为如果你把丹尼和汤米看成反应慢的话...
...your cousin May is dumb like a horse, or dog or something.
你的表姐梅就是个呆子, 像匹马,或狗什么的。
Well, maybe it's not such a great idea.
不过,可能不是太好的主意。
No, I think we could do it.
是好主意,我看可以这样做。
- Where are we? Right here? - We're supposed to be here.
-我们到哪儿啦?这吗? -我们应该在这里。
Excuse me. Where's the sugar?
请问,糖在哪儿?
Frenchy wants more sugar.
法兰琪想要点糖。
May, stop bothering us. We're busy.
梅,别烦我们。我们忙着呢。
I just don't understand about the drilling.
我不知道什么是打钻。
I told you. Business is good. We're expanding.
我和你说过。生意很好,我们要扩大。
We're expanding a little restaurant and tea shop...
我们要把餐厅和茶店扩大一点
...so people could eat the cookies and drink tea.
这样人们就可以一边吃饼干, 一边喝茶了。
Ah. Where are they gonna drink the tea? In the tunnel?
他们在哪儿喝茶?在隧道里?
I'd explain it to you, but you gotta understand engineering.
我会给你解释的, 但你得懂工程学。
- What's engineering? - May, do me a favor, will you?
-什么是工程学? -梅,拜托了,好吗?
Business is good, we're expanding. That's all you gotta know.
生意很好,我们在扩大。你就知道这么多就行了。
How can you expand? There's a nail shop next door.
你们怎么扩大? 隔壁是家修指甲店。
- We made a deal with them. - So you're expanding into the nail shop.
-我们和他们已达成协议了。 -就是说你们要扩大到指甲店去。
May, get your stuff. You want the sugar?
梅,拿你的东西,不是要糖吗?
Take a hike. Get the sugar and go. We'll call you.
赶紧走吧。 拿了糖快走。我们会叫你的。
This broad's big trouble. I'm tellin'you.
这个娘们是个大麻烦。我跟你们说。
- You think it's safe having that strange broad here? -Don't worry, she's harmless.
-你说让个陌生娘儿们在这安全吗? -别担心,她不会害我们。
I think we made a wrong turn. I don't think we're still headed to the bank.
我想我们转错弯了。 我们没朝银行的方向去。
- Please. Gimme the map. - What are you talking about?
-拜托,把地图给我。 -你在说什么?
For God's sakes.
看在上帝的份上。
This is fine. I don't know what you're all in a dither about.
给你吧,你神经兮兮的瞎琢磨什么呢?
You're holding it upside down.
你拿倒了。
You were reading this map upside down all along?
你一直就倒着看的吗。
Get off my back! Can I help it if they print these things like this?
打住打住!他们这么印的, 我有什么办法?
Okay. Thank you very much.
好,多谢了。
I gotta get another plate of the cherry...
我要再拿一盘樱桃...
- Can I help you? Next? - I'm coming right back.
-你要什么?下一个? -我马上回来。
- Can I get two cherry cinnamon? - Two cherry cinnamon.
-我要两块樱桃桂皮。 -两块樱桃桂皮
- How you doin'? - We're doing something right.
-生意怎样? -我们干得还行。
- Next. - Sure. Two cherry cinnamon.
-下一个。 -好的。两块樱桃桂皮。
- You're new here, huh? - Not really. This is my first day.
-你是新来的吧? -不全是。今天是第一天。
Let me tell you something. These are the greatest cookies I ever tasted.
这些饼干是我所吃过最棒的。
- Really? You know, we're expanding. - No kiddin'?
-真的?我们要扩大规模了。 -开玩笑吧?
Yeah. There's some guys in the back working now.
真的。后面几个人正在干着呢。
- We got a tunnel under the nail shop. - Really?
-在指甲店下面我们有一个隧道。 -真的?
- Yeah. - Did you try the pecan fudge?
-没错。 -尝过核桃法奇饼了吗?
- We were just talking about what an instant success this place is. - Yes.
-我们刚才在说这个地方一夜成功的事。 -是的。
- I was telling him about the restaurant. - What restaurant?
-我和他说了那个餐厅。 -什么餐厅?
The tea room. You know, the guys in the back tunneling for the tea room...
喝茶室。后面的伙计在挖作茶屋的隧道...
- Under the nail shop? - What are you talking about?
-在指甲店下吗? -你们在说什么呀?
- The tea room in the back. - May, come and serve these people!
-后面的茶屋。 -梅,这边来,照顾这些人!
We're at the Sunset Bake Shop where the lines wait patiently...
现在我们的落日饼店, 这里排队的人在耐心地等待...
...for what some people are calling the most fabulous cookie treat in New York.
买被人们称为纽约最美味好吃的饼干。
What the hell is goin' on here?
这究竟发生什么事了?
And you are the heart and soul of Sunset Cookies.
你是落日饼屋的掌门吧。
- Miss, uh... - Frenchy Winkler.
-小姐大名是... -法兰琪 维恩克勒.
My real name's Frances but everybody calls me Frenchy.
我的真名是法兰西,但人们都叫我法兰琪。
As one stands here, one can inhale the aroma...
站在这,我们可以闻到扑鼻的香味...
...of hot chocolate, cinnamon, fresh cherries and a dozen other mouthwatering taste treats.
有热巧克力,桂皮,鲜樱桃, 还有很多其它让人流口水的美味点心。
Is it true customers wait on line for half an hour for a single cookie?
顾客要排队等半个小时 才能买到一个饼干,是真的吗?
- That you've had to ration sales? - Yeah, it happened like once.
-而且购买数量还有限制? -是,好像有一次这样。
But what're you making all the fuss about?
这事大惊小怪了.
Tell us. Where did you learn the rare secret of your baking?
说说,这种烘烤秘诀你在哪儿学的?
Well, I don't know. It's the only thing I can cook.
其实,我不知道。我做的只是饼干。
That and linguini with turkey meatballs.
那个,还有火鸡丸子懒人饼。
Sir, how would you describe your cookie?
先生,你吃的饼干怎么样?
Oh, I don't know. It's baked with nutmeg or something.
我不知道。是用肉豆寇或别的什么做的。
- I just know it's great. - And I just want to say that we're expanding.
-我只知道太好吃了。 -我要说的是我们要扩大规模。
- There are men in the back now tunneling... - No, no, May! Get back...
-后面有些男人在挖隧道... -别说了,梅! 回来...
I can't take this, Frenchy. We don't want this kind of attention.
我不喜欢这样,法兰琪. 我们不要这样被人注意。
Don't look at me! I didn't hire a publicity agent. They just showed up!
别看着我!我也没雇什么公关的。他们就出现了!
I know, but it's really putting us in the toilet.
我明白,可这真会把我们逼进厕所里去。
I can't concentrate. There's people up there demanding cookies every day.
我精神集中不起来。 每天上面老有人要饼干。
And today Denny got bit by a rat. We had to give him rabies shots.
今天丹尼被老鼠咬了。 不得不给他打狂犬针。
- Who, the rat? - Very funny. You should be on TV.
-什么咬的,老鼠? -很滑稽。你要上电视了。
I am! Open your eyes!
我上了!睁眼看!
- Frenchy, I don't like this. - Come on! You've been digging for weeks!
-法兰琪,我不喜欢这样。 -算了!你都挖了好几个星期了!
When you gonna get some where? How much longer is it gonna take?
你们要挖到什么时候,挖到哪儿? 还要挖多长时间?
It's complicated! We keep getting lost.
这事复杂了! 我们总是迷路。
The other day I was deep in the tunnel, my hat went out.
前天,我在隧道深处,我的帽子出来了。
- That stupid coal miner's hat? - That's right.
-那个傻煤矿帽子? -对。
It's a lifesaver, that hat. That bulb.
那是救命的,那个帽子。 还有灯泡。
We'd have done better just with a cookie store. We're making good dough.
我们要这个饼店做得更好。 我们现在赚了不少钱。
"Making good dough." It's a cookie store, but we're making dough.
“赚了不少钱。” 一个饼店,可却赚钱。
That's very... It's a cookie store. We're making dough...
真是...一个饼店,可却赚钱...
I get it, I get it.
我懂了,我懂了。
I knew we were going the wrong way. I knew it!
我知道我们走错路了。我搞懂了!
- What the hell we doin' in a dress shop? - Your fault, you got the maps.
-我们在服装店里搞什么鬼? -你的错,你拿地图来的。
At least it's a Sunday. We can patch this up and get out of here.
好在是星期天。我们可以把这个补上, 然后从这离开。
- How we gonna patch it up? - We tile it and we get out.
-怎么补? -用瓦补,然后离开。
- Hello! I'm not a tiler. - We don't have any tiles.
-老兄,我不是瓦工。 -我们一片瓦也没有。
Where do you get cement in the middle of a dress shop?
在服装店中间哪找水泥啊?
Besides, Brain, how are we going to close the hole and tile it?
还有,智多星,我们怎么把这个洞关上,铺瓦呀?
We're inside the store. How do we get out?
我们在店里面。怎么出去呢?
Well, you tile... He's got a point. You can't tile this from the other side.
好吧,你铺瓦...他有主意了。 铺瓦补不能从另外一边干。
- No kidding. - No, you can't.
-别开玩笑。 -不是玩笑,不能这样补。
This is very discouraging, guys.
伙计,这太扫兴了。
- I'm ready to pack this in. - Everybody freeze!
-我要向里面补了。 -都别动!
Hey, Ray, your wife's cousin talks too much.
-嘿,瑞,你老婆的表姐说得太多了。
Sorry to spoil your expansion plans, fellas.
抱歉破坏了你们的扩展计划,朋友。
Officer, listen to me.
警官,听我说。
We didn't do anything yet. Yes, it's true, we were gonna rob the bank.
我们还什么都没做呢。 没错,我们是要抢那家银行。
But we screwed up everything, except for the cookie shop.
可我们除了那家饼店,一切都给毁了。
The cookie shop's doing great for some reason. You like the cookies.
那家饼屋不知怎么干得特火。 你喜欢我们的饼干的。
Let us forget everything we were gonna do and concentrate on the cookie store.
让我们忘掉我们原来想做的一切,专心做饼屋吧。
Look, I'm not here trying to ruin anybody's life, okay?
我来不是要毁掉任何人的生活,明白吗?
Then give us a break.
那就放我们一码。
Think I could get a little piece of the action?
我可以在你们的行动中得一小份吗?
Yeah. I'm not opposed to paying off the cops.
行。我不反对贿赂警察。
It's a standard business expense.
这是标准的商业代价。
That's the thing. I don't want you to think of it as a payoff.
就是这样。我不想你认为是什么回报。
I think I'm qualified to make what I believe...
我想我有资格,至少我认为是, 可以为这个企业...
...is a major contribution to this enterprise.
做出重大贡献。
My brother-in-law majored in business.
我妹夫学的是商业。
Let us hear this contribution, all right?
我们听听你说的贡献,好吗?
- One word. - Yeah? And that word is?
—一个字。 —哦?哪个字?
We got about 600 trucks.
我们有大约600辆卡车。
And, you know, we're all over the country, and Canada.
我们的店已经遍布全国了,还有加拿大。
We make a lot of different cookies. Whatever you want. We got pistachio, pretzels.
我们做各种各样风味的饼干。 要什么有什么。有开心果味,椒盐的
We make chicken chip cookies, tuna mint.
还做炸鸡薯条味,金枪鱼薄荷味。
Virtually overnight, the Winklers and their associates...
几乎是一夜之间,维恩克勒及其联锁店
...have gone from a small, modest mom and pop cookie shop...
从一个小小不知名的夫妻饼店
...to something approaching a baking empire.
一跃成为饼干帝国。
This is where we package everything.
我们在这包装所有东西。
And what we do is...
我们做的事是...
The cookies have a wonderful smell, a fresh smell.
这的饼干味道新鲜,好极了。
And that's all put on with a chemical spray. We do that over here.
因为有化学喷剂。在那做这事。
There's no denying that he's refreshingly down to Earth...
不可否认,作为公司主管,
...for a corporate executive.
他如此与众不同
So offbeat, in fact, that Sunset Farms...
出人意料,事实上,落日农业..
...has captured the imagination of the public and the industry.
成为公众和业界的谈论焦点。
We wanted to find out what the competition thinks.
我们想知道竞争对手怎么说。
So we went to Paul Milton of American Cookies.
所以我们去了“保罗米尔顿美国饼业”。
The bottom line is, they make a really great product.
最重要的是他们产品的确好。
You have what the public wants, and everything else takes care of itself.
如果你有大众所想要的, 其它事情就自然而成。
- This is your office? - This is pretty much where I operate.
-这是你的办公室? -我的大部分行政工作在这进行。
Frenchy decorated this place. You can tell.
这个地方是法兰琪自己装饰的。 你可以看出来。
She's got, uh, all her stuff here.
她把自己所有的东西都放在这里了。
This is an antique, you know.
这是古董。
She says it's, like, Louis XIV or Louis XV.
她说这,像是,路易14或路易15
It's, uh... I don't know how high the Louises go, actually.
实际上,我也不知道路易能高到多少。
But it's a top Louis. It's one of the...
可这是最高的路易。是一个...
Frenchy stuck a TV in it, you know, because she's got a creative...
法兰琪在里面装了一台电视, 因为她有一个富有创造性的...
- She's a creative decorator. - It's very original.
-她是一个有创造性的装饰家。 -非常具有独创性。
- Um, how much are you worth? - Oh, plenty, plenty.
-你身价多少? -哦,很多,很多。
- I mean, how much? Just between you and me. - A lot.
-我意思是,多少钱?只是你我之间的话。 -太多了。
We're worth a lot of dough. What ever you see is antiques.
我们值很多钱。你看到的都是古董。
This thing here. This if from...
这的这个。这个,如果从...
I don't remember exactly. It think it's the Renaissance or the Magna Carta or something.
我记不太清楚。好像是文艺复兴或大宪章或类似什么的。
But that's where it's from.
反正是从那些地方来的。
Why did you decide to go into baking so late in life?
你为什么晚年才决定进入饼业?
Well, Frenchy, we found out, can make cookies.
我们发现法兰琪会做饼干。
The Frenchy they're talking about...
他们所说的叫做法兰琪的人
...and reigning culinary genius of Sunset... - Hello.
以及落日的首席烹饪天才 -你好
...is Frances Fox, who happens to be the wife of the C.E.O.
是法兰西丝·福克斯,也恰好是CEO的太太。
So you made cookies your whole life...
那么你做了一辈子的饼干...
...and everybody told you how delicious they were.
所有人都告诉你,你的饼干好吃。
- Yeah. I thought they were "B.S. ing" me, you know? -Really?
-我原想他们是拿我打衩儿。明白吗? -真的呀?
Yeah. Somebody gives you something they cooked, you always say you enjoyed it...
人们给你他们做的,你总会说你喜欢的...
...even if it makes you throw up after wards, so, you know...
就算这东西使你很恶心,所以,...
In a day and age where everyone seems to have public relations handlers...
在一个所有人似乎都有公关策划人的时代...
...it's hard to imagine a corporate brain trust...
很难想像有比落日农业集团公司的智囊团...
...that is more direct and less image conscious than the group here at Sunset Farms.
这么直言不讳,不注重形象。
In fact, each person we met seemed to be more eccentric than the last.
说实在的,我们遇到的每个人都比前一个人更古怪。
Like Tommy Walker, the chairman of the board.
像汤米·沃尔克,公司的董事会主席。
Frenchy makes the best cookies in the world. We're very proud of her cookies.
法兰琪做的饼干是世界上最好的。 我们对她的饼干非常自豪。
What are your duties as chairman of the board?
作为董事会主席,你的职责是什么?
The board meets once or twice a week, and we take up important issues.
董事会每周开一两次会,我们讨论重要事宜。
- Issues? - Yeah. Facts, problems.
-什么事宜? -是事宜。事实啦,问题啦。
Things like that. Normal stuff.
类似的事情。正常的事。
What kind of problems does an overnight success like Sunset Farms face?
像落日农业这样一夜成功的公司 要面对什么样的问题?
What kind of problems? Last week the toilet on the fourth floor wouldn't flush.
什么样的问题?上周四层的洗手间不冲水了。
It flushed, but the water kept coming to the top.
水哗哗冲,但水却不停地向上走。
So the board voted on getting a plumber.
于是董事会就投票表决找一个管工来。
One of the architects of Sunset Farms's unorthodox marketing strategy...
落日农业非正统营销战略的设计师之一...
...is the head of advertising, Denny Doyle, a former truck driver.
是广告部主管,丹尼·道伊尔, 以前是卡车司机。
Was it you who came up with the idea to advertise baked goods...
是您想出的主意吗?在花花公子,
...in Playboy, Penthouse and Hustler Magazine?
激情,和美女杂志上做饼干广告?
I figured if a guy's staring at a naked piece of tail...
我想如果一个家伙盯着一个光着的妞儿
...and he sees the breasts and legs, he's gonna start to salivate.
看乳房和大腿时,一定开始流口水。
It's human nature. So if he's salivating...
这是人的本性。如果他流口水,
...he turns the page and comes across a picture of, say,
他就翻,看到一张,比如,
...our pistachio cream cookies.
我们的开心果奶油饼干。
He thinks maybe that's why he's drooling. You understand?
想这可能是他馋了的原因。你明白?
It's psychology. It's science.
是心理学。 是科学。
It's like Pablo's Theory, you know, with the dog when he feeds him?
好像毕加索的理论,就是带着条狗,在喂狗
- Pablo? - Pablo, with the dogs.
-毕加索吗? -是毕加索,带着一群狗的。
Then there's ex-police officer Ken Deloach...
还有前警官肯·德漏奇
...vicepresident in charge of distribution.
是副总裁,负责分销。
And Ben Jamin Borkowski, vicepresident in charge of plant safety.
还有本杰明·博尔考斯机,副总裁,负责工厂安全。
First thing I did was make sure the building was fireproof.
我做的第一件事是确保建筑防火。
And lest they be accused of being a mostly male club...
为了不成为一个男性主宰的俱乐部 而受谴责。
May Sloan is in charge of public relations and also physical therapy.
梅·斯路恩掌管公关和物理治疗。
I understand public relations.
我明白公关的意思,
But physical therapy?
但物理治疗什么意思?
All the chocolate chips are put in the cookies by hand.
所有的巧克力片是手工放到饼干里的。
And that's really hard on the back and leg muscles. I do deep massage.
背部和腿的肌肉负担太重了。 我就做深度按摩
By the way, she's also a vice president.
顺便提一下,她也是副总裁。
So there you have it. A brief glimpse into a corporate culture...
报道就这么多了。一个企业文化一瞥
...that has industry leaders and management analysts all over the country...
使全国企业领导和管理分析专家都挠头
...scratching their heads, trying to figure out what Sunset Farms might try next.
试图猜想落日农业下一步要干什么。
It may be as simple as what Paul Milton, the Winklers' chief competitor said: . .
其实可能很简单,如主要竞争对手Paul Milton所说..
"If you've got something the American public wants...
"如果你有美国大众所要的...
...everything else falls into place."
其它一切自然而就。"
Or as we in television might say...
或者像电视上人们常说的...
"There's no accounting for the public's taste."
“大众的口味是没有什么道理可讲的”
Okay, keep coming through with this stuff.
好,把这些东西接着搬进来。
It's better the way I had it.
原来放的位置比现在好。
Darling, could you put the doll by the ceramic zebra?
亲爱的,能把洋娃娃放在陶瓷斑马旁边吗?
- Mrs. Winkler? Excuseme. - Yes?
-维恩克勒太太?麻烦您了。 -什么事?
- You wanted to check the menu. - Right.
-你说过要看一下菜单。 -对
Stevens, could you bring that piece downstairs that Mr. Winkler hates?
斯蒂芬,把维恩克勒先生不喜欢的那个放楼下。
Try it again next to the fireplace.
放在壁炉边再试试
I want a lot of nuts and "crude-ites."
我要很多坚果,还有干货
What did we say for openers? Oh, yes. Snails.
开胃菜是什么?哦,是蜗牛。
Escargots, yes. Then the potato and truffle salad.
食用蜗牛,对。然后是土豆和块菌沙拉。
Yes. Truffles, by all means. But I hate those thin pieces.
对,块菌,没错。可我讨厌那些薄片。
When you shave it, go, go. Lay it on big time.
当你削的时候,认真点。 重要时刻再摆上。
Truffles are always shaved really finely.
块菌总是削得非常仔细的。
- Naturally, I didn't mean to suggest anything overdone. - Right.
-自然了,我只不想做过头了 -是
Then we have poached sea bass in phyllo.
然后是海鲈鱼
And spinach souffle, and salad, and dessert.
还有菠菜蛋奶酥,沙拉,和甜点。
- Oh, and finger bowls. - There's nothing being served that requires finger bowls.
-哦,还有洗手碗。 -没有菜需要洗手碗。
Well have 'em, 'cause you can never predict whose fingers will need a washing. Okay?
我们要有,因为你很难预料什么人的手要洗洗。
- Did you rearrange this place again? - All right, hold your water.
-这个地方你又重新布置了? -行了,管好你自己。
Don't tell me to hold my water.
别告诉我管好我自己。
Every night it's like walking into a strange house.
每天晚上,都好像走进一家陌生的房子。
What is this thing? Did I tell you to get rid of this?
这东西是什么?我没跟你说过扔掉它吗?
It's a harp. You got no flair, Ray.
是竖琴。你没情调,瑞.
Don't tell me I got no flair. No body plays the harp.
别跟我说我没有品味。这没人弹竖琴。
What's it doing in the middle of the living room?
这东西放在客厅中间有什么用?
I like the visual sweep.
我喜欢这种视觉冲击感。
I don't know what's gotten into your head.
真不知道你的脑子里进了什么东西。
You're so hoity-toity all of a sudden.
你突然成了大人物了,了不起了。
My cookies pay for this, so turn it off.
我的饼干付的帐,别说了
What's for dinner?
晚饭吃什么?
And don't tell me it's sparrows on a bed of lettuce again.
别告诉我又是生菜上放些麻雀。
'Cause I wouldn't care if I had anything on a bed of lettuce anymore.
因为我不再介意生菜上放的任何东西。
- They're pheasants, and you ate'em last week. - And I got BB's.
-是野鸡,上周你吃的. -我吃到骨头了
Remember I got BB's in the mouth? I almost choked on a BB.
还记得我嘴里的大骨头吗? 差点没把我噎死.
Can I get a cheeseburger? Is that possible?
我想吃个奶酪汉堡,行吗?
It's the dinner party tonight!
今天可是晚餐会啊!
- Just when I got a lot on my mind. - Your mind don't hold a lot.
-我脑子里全是好主意. -你的脑子空空如也.
Get dressed. And don't forget, it's tuxedo.
穿好衣服.别忘了,穿晚礼服.
- I'm hungry. I don't wanna get dressed now. - You want a snail?
-我饿了.我不想现在穿. -吃只蜗牛吗?
You nuts? I'm gonna have a snail?
你发神经啊?我吃蜗牛?
Come on! You eat steamers.
好啦!你吃蒸的吧.
A snail leaves a trail of scum in the yard when it walks.
蜗牛在院里爬过后留下渣滓的痕迹.
- Not in France they don't. - Oh, Jesus.
-在法国,不会. -哦,主啊.
What happened to the turkey meatballs and spaghetti? That's what I like.
火鸡丸子和面条怎么样? 我喜欢.
Have a potato and truffle thing. That'll hold you till the company comes.
在客人来之前,先吃点土豆和块菌什么的垫一垫.
I don't want truffles. Truffles got no flavor!
我不想吃块菌. 块菌什么味也没有!
They're subtle. Only pigs can find them.
块菌可不好找了,只有猪才能找到它们.
You're thinking of pearls. They come in oysters. That's what that is.
你在说珍珠吧.珍珠在牡蛎中.所以不好找.
You're such an ignoramus. That's what I love about you.
你就这么无知.我就爱你这一点.
- Pearls come in oysters. - Ray, Ray, Ray.
-珍珠来自牡蛎.
- Please, don't spoil my big night. - What's so big about tonight?
-求你了,今晚太隆重了,别扫我的兴. -今晚有什么特别的?
There's important people coming from the arts...
来的是艺术界的重要人物
...and I want to get on some of those boards.
我想加入他们的委员会.
Hey, we donate, you'll be on the boards.
我们捐款,你自然在委员会上.
- But I wanna be a patron. - What you wanna be is a socialite.
-可我想成为一名艺术家的守护人. -你想要成为的是上流交际夫人.
So what? Is that so terrible?
那又怎么样? 有那么不好吗?
You know, when we talked about making it, we were gonna hit it big...
以前当我们谈到挣了大钱后,我们要大出风头
...move to Florida, we were gonna swim, eat stone crabs.
搬到佛罗里达,在那游泳,吃大石蟹.
Well, we can get a place at Palm Beach.
我们可以在棕榈海滩买块地.
Palm Beach is ritzy. I wanna go to Miami.
棕榈海滩既显眼又费钱.我要去迈阿密.
I wanna be at the dog track every day.
每天我就想在乡间小路上散步.
I just know I wanna be as far away from Frenchy Fox...
我只知道我想离法兰琪 福克斯越远越好.
...the topless wonder, as I can be.
那个光着上身跳舞的傻帽.
Hey, you were beautiful as Frenchy Fox.
你被叫法兰琪·福克斯时,很漂亮的.
You'd come out. Remember "Night Train"?
你出来时常唱"子夜火车",还记得吗?
- You'd give it a little of this, a little of that. - Those days are over, Ray.
-你会这样扭那样扭. -那些日子结束了,瑞
Our accountants want us to expand. We're gonna be twice as big next year.
会计要我们扩大规模. 明年我们要扩大一倍.
What good is being twice as big if I can't get a cheeseburger? What's it all mean?
我连一个奶酪汉堡都吃不上,扩大一倍有什么用呢? 这一切有什么意义呢?
Ray, please, be charming tonight.
瑞,求你了,今晚高兴点儿.
I've seen you when you want to turn on the charm. You sparkle.
如果你想要迷人,你就会闪光,我见过的.
I gotta go take a shower.
我要去冲个澡.
Good evening. Good evening. Welcome to our humble abode.
晚上好.晚上好.欢迎光临寒舍.
- Charles Bailey. This is my wife Emily. - How you doin'?
-我是查尔斯·巴里. 这是我太太艾米利. -你好.
- David Perret. - Linda Rhinelander.
- 大卫·派莱特. - 琳达·赖因兰德.
- Can I get you drinks? -Just some Evian. Unless you have Perrier?
-您想喝点什么? -来点Evian矿泉水.如果有Perrier水更好.
- Certainly. - We got anything you want. Whatever you want, you can have.
-当然有. -你们要的一切我们都有.要什么,有什么.
I usually take tap water 'cause the fluoride keeps your teeth from rotting.
我一般喝自来水,因为自来水中的氟防止牙烂掉.
Otherwise, they'll drop right out on you, honey. Hey, look at this!
否则,牙就会掉下来.嘿,看这!
So glad you could attend our humble abode.
你们能光临敝室,我太高兴了.
We just got back from Caneel Bay. Didn't want to miss the new Traviata.
我们刚从Caneel湾度假回来,不想错过新排的.
- Have you seen it? - No, not yet.
-您看了吗? -没,还没有.
Nor have I. Exactly what is it?
我也没看.这究竟是什么东西?
Ray, why are we standing around in the hallway?
瑞,我们老在门廓站着干吗?
Please, let's retire to the living room.
请吧,我们进客厅吧.
I gather you're a big fan of the ballet, Mrs. Winkler.
我想您特别喜欢芭蕾,维恩克勒夫人
- Her? Are you kiddin'? - I used to be a dancer.
-她?你开玩笑吧? -我过去是舞蹈演员.
Please, call me French... Uh, Frances. Frances Fox Winkler.
请叫我法兰琪,是法兰西丝,法兰西丝·福克斯·维恩克勒
The Foxes from Saratoga?
来自加州的福克斯家庭吗?
I don't know. I never checked my pedigree.
我不清楚.从来没查过我的家族.
Can we change the music, please?
我们换个音乐吧,好吗?
- I feel like I should be wearing a wig. - You will in a couple years.
-我感觉我应该戴假头套才对. -几年后,你会的.
Did you do the place yourself?
这里都是您亲自设计的吗?
Yes. They say I have a flair for decorating.
是.人们说我对装饰有天赋.
- You know, this rug lights up? - It lights?
-这个小地毯会亮? -会亮?
Yeah. It's made of what? The fiber optics.
是.这由什么造的来的? 光导纤维.
I'll turn it on later.
过会儿我打开.
Stevens, what's with the snails?
斯蒂芬,蜗牛怎么样了?
Oh, why don't I get the, the...
哦,我要去...
And you show them your collection of leather pigs.
你让他们看看你收藏的皮制猪.
- Do you play the harp, Frances? - Oh, no. It's a visual, honey.
-你弹竖琴吗,法兰西丝? -不弹.只是视觉效果,亲爱的.
The sweep kills me. Oh, finally. Girls.
这种冲击力迷死我了.好了,姑娘们
Hey, how you doin'? Come on in.
你们好吗?请进.
Hold it. Right there. All the action... Hey, honey.
别在这等,在那儿.全部表演.嗨,亲爱的
Toots, in there. Hey, shake it. They're in the other room.
娘儿们,在那儿.别再这演了,他们在另一间房里.
- How you doin'? - Garth Steinway.
-你好. -Garth Steinway.
- What? - Garth Steinway.
-什么? -Garth Steinway.
- I'm Anthony Gwynne. - On, no kidding?
-我是安东尼Gwynne -开玩笑吧?
Tony Gwynne, the outfielder with the Padres?
托尼Gwynne,那个帕德斯棒球队的外场手.
Our goal is to raise $2 million by April.
我们目标是在四月底前筹集到2百万美元.
Then the company can tour the West Coast and include the new opera...
这样我们公司就可在西海岸做巡演, 包括新的一部歌剧...
...which has gotten such good notices. - Right.
这部歌剧已经引起广泛注意. -是的.
Count me in. I love serious music.
算我一个.我喜欢严肃音乐.
Ray, on the other hand, opera freaks him.
而歌剧使瑞浑身发麻.
Haveyou tried your finger bowl?
你没试试洗手碗吗?
The guy says to him, "What do you do for a living?"
那个人对他说,"你靠什么为生?"
He says, "I'm a momback."
他说,"我是个妈倒."
"What's a momback?"
"什么是妈倒."
He says, "I stand behind a truck. I say, momback, momback."
他说,"我站在卡车后面,我说,妈倒,妈倒."
He stands behind the truck and goes, "Momback, momback."
他站在卡车后面,走着说,"妈倒,妈倒."
He says... I think it's too fast for her.
他说...我想这对于她太快了.
"Momback." He says, "Momback."
"妈倒." 他说,"妈倒."
I'm afraid I do think they overpaid for the Picasso.
我确实认为,毕加索的画他们付多了.
For me it was unusually mediocre, don't you think?
在我看来,画太一般.是吧?
- I agree completely. - Banal.
-我完全同意.
Excuse me. I have to find my wife.
我要找我太太.
I saw a beautiful painting of fruit at the, uh, Met or the Whitney.
我看到一幅美丽的水果画,在大都会或威特利.
It might have been the Holocaust.
可能是关于大屠杀的
- Areyou affiliated with any of the museums? - No, I'm a private dealer.
-你附属于什么博物馆吗? -不,我是个体商人.
Oh. We have one or two paintings,
我们有一两幅画.
but I haven't really gotten around to building a collection yet.
但我还没到收藏的地步.
Uh-huh. So what are you interested in? What's your...
你对什么感兴趣?什么是你的..?
Rembrandt. Picasso. Michelangelo.
伦勃郎.毕加索.米开朗基罗.
- You know, the boys. - Yeah, yeah.
-男人的画. -是啊.
I might be out of Michelangelos at the moment.
我手头的米开朗基罗卖完了.
But I did recently come into possession ofan incredible Damon Dexter...
可最近有一幅杰出画家叫Damon Dexter的画..
that someone's trying to sell.
有人要卖.
I don't think I'm aware of him.
我想我不认识他.
No. Well, he's new, you know.
他不是名家,是新人.
I have to say, your wine is absolutely delicious. Really.
我得说你的酒绝对好,真的.
It was chosen by the same chef who did the finger bowls.
挑选洗手碗厨师选的
David used to be part owner of a vineyard, so he's a tough audience.
大卫曾是一个葡萄园的股东, 所以他是一个很厉害的观众.
Did you study art at school?
在学校学过艺术吗?
No, I didn't. I often think I should have. I studied literature.
没有.我常想我应该学学.我学的是文学.
Then inevitably wound up as a stockbroker.
最后成了股票经纪人
Then I dropped out, went to Japan, became a Buddhist, blah, blah, blah.
之后退出了,出了日本, 成为一名佛教徒,故事很长.
And then, yeah, I did teach art at Amherst for a bit.
后来,我在Amherst教了点艺术.
And then the vineyard.
后来就是葡萄园.
My God, what a life! And you're still so young.
天呢,生活太丰富了! 你还这么年轻.
Yes, well... Don't let the face fool you.
不过,不要让我的脸欺骗了你.
Somewhere in a closet there's a portrait of me aging.
在我的closet(谓之书房)里有我一幅衰老的肖像.
In the closet? Why would it be in...
在closet(理解为厕所)? 为什么在...?
You hear about the Polish car pool?
听说过波兰搭顺风车吗? (俚:同性恋)
Every day they'd meet at work.
每天他们工作时见面.
- I can't believe this room. - I don't know...
-这个房间真令人难以置信. -我不知道...
This takes bad taste to new heights.
简直把低级趣味提升到一个新高度.
This is excruciating.
痛苦不堪啊.
Can you believe the two of them? Ican't keep a straight face.
你能相信是他们俩吗? 让我哭笑不得.
And what she's done with this apartment?
看这房子,她做了什么?
The sheer flawless vulgarity of it all!
纯粹无瑕的粗俗绝伦!
- She must've been frightened by a leopard. - Don't knock it.
-她一定是被豹子吓着了. -别讽刺了.
They plan on being very generous, and for that we must be thankful.
他们本意是很慷慨大方的, 我们要感谢这点
Really? And what about the harp?
真的吗? 竖琴怎么说呢?
- Not to mention the way she wears her clothes. - The definition of bad taste.
-更别说她穿的衣服的方式了. -是低级趣味的定义.
I never saw so much jewelry.
我从来没见过这么多珠宝手饰.
It makes me sad, Frenchy, that I don't have to steal anymore. Really.
这使我伤心,法兰琪,因为我 没必要去偷东西了.
What's the matter? You've been quiet all night.
怎么了? 今晚你一直没说话.
What is bothering you?
烦什么呢?
What's bothering me is we got no class.
让我心烦的是我们没档次.
Speak for yourself. I was very charming tonight.
我觉得不是.今晚我很迷人.
I was killin' them with jokes.
我的笑话笑死他们了.
I got a little drunk from the wine, so I went to sit down in the bar.
我喝多了点,就在吧间坐着.
Some of them were in there talking about us.
在那儿,一些人在谈论我们.
You should've heard'em. And they were right.
你本应该听到他们的话的. 他们说得对.
Stop it! We got more dough than all of'em put together.
胡说!我们的钱比他们的加起来都多.
Well, it ain't dough. It's knowing the finer things.
这不是钱的问题,是要知道更高雅的事情.
Like what? Opera?
比如说? 歌剧吗?
Like food and wine, and painting, and books.
比如食物,酒,绘画和书.
Stop it, will ya? I'm unimpressed.
别说了,那些没什么了不起.
All my life I've been ignorant. I could never afford to learn anything.
我一生,一直很无知.
There was always some emergency, and I was a good student.
总是有更紧急的事要做,以前我是个好学生.
I was a lousy student and I always hated school. And I don't care about it.
我是个糟糕的学生,一直讨厌学校. 对此我无所谓.
If I could find my school principal today, now that I got some dough...
假如现在我能找到我学校校长,我有钱..
...I'd put a contract out on her.
我会找人宰了她.
Class is something you can't fake and you can't buy.
学习不是你能造假,也不是能买来的东西.
I got more class in my little finger than they all got combined.
我小手指头学的东西比他们加起来都多.
No. We came into a couple of bucks, but we're phonies.
不对.我们是有点钱, 但我们是冒牌货.
- We're trying to act like big shots. - Not me!
-我们想装成大人物. -我不是!
Well, me. But it's over.
好啦,是我,行了吧.一切结束了.
The time has come to use our dough to amount to something.
该用我们的钱成就点什么了.
- Like what? - To change our lives.
-比如说? -改变我们的生活.
I'm too busy to change my life.
我天天忙着改变我的生活呢.
Doin' what? Playing pinball?
做什么? 玩弹球?
I don't wanna wear a tux anymore. I don't like it.
我不想穿什么晚礼服. 我不喜欢.
- I wanna go to Florida and swim. - I wanna be the real thing!
-我想去佛罗里达游泳. -而我想成为真正的人!
And you better wise up, 'cause if I grow and you stay as stupid as you are...
你也最好变聪明点, 因为如果我变了而你还那样愚蠢..
...we're gonna have big problems, Ray.
我们就会有大麻烦的,瑞
- Smarten you up. Is that what you said? - Yeah.
-让你聪明起来.你这么说的吗? -是的.
You said you were a teacher. You know art, opera, books, wine.
你说过你当过老师.你懂艺术,歌剧,书,酒.
We wanna learn it all, don't we, Ray?
我们想全学,是吧? 瑞.
I'm incredibly flattered that you'd think I was capable of...
我感到无比荣幸,你们认为我有能力...
Turning two slugs like us into classy items?
把我们这样的鼻涕虫变成高雅物件?
No homework. I'm not doing any. I never did homework when I was young.
不能有作业.我不做任何作业. 小时候就从来不做作业的.
I'm not doing anything that's got homework to it.
只要有家庭作业,我就不做.
Naturally, we would make it very worth your while, David.
当然,我们会让你的时间相当值得的,大卫.
No, it's absolutely not about money. I suppose it's just...
不.绝对不是钱的问题.我想只是..
I don't know. I've never been asked to do anything like this before...
我也不知道.以前从来没人请我做这样的事..
...and I'm not sure I'd know where to start.
我也不清楚从哪里开始.
I know I gotta get a better vocabulary.
我知道我说话要用更好的词汇.
Have you ever thought about enrolling in college?
你们想过上大学吗?
I didn't go to high school. What the hell am I gonna go to college for?
我连高中都没念.上大学干么吧?
That takes four years. We want a private crash course.
那要四年.我们要私人的速成课程.
- Lessons in life. Right, Ray? - Am I crazy?
-生活课程,对吧?瑞. -是我疯了吗?
She's nuts. Tell her she's nuts.
她发神经. 大卫,告诉她,她神经病.
What? I'm gonna learn about life suddenly?
什么? 我还要突然学习生活吗?
I must say, Frenchy, Ray has a point.
法兰琪,我承认,瑞说得有些道理.
He could probably teach me a lot more about life than I could ever teach you.
关于生活,他可能有更多的要教我, 而不是我教你们.
What the hell is he gonna teach you? I can figure the point spread.
-他能教你什么? -我能猜出篮球比赛中两队的分差.(用之来赌钱)
- I know how to count cards at a blackjack table. - Would you close your bazoo?
-21点游戏牌桌上,我会数牌. -请别开口了,好吗?
- I can count four jacks... - Close your bazoo!
-我能数出四张J... -闭上你的烂嘴!
I don't want to be discouraging because what you're proposing is admirable.
我不想让你们失望,因为你们的建议令人佩服.
The one thing I would like. I would like to learn how to spell Connecticut.
我想学一件事.我想学如何拼写Connecticut州.
Don't ask me why. I never knew how to spell Connecticut.
别问我为什么.我从来就不知道怎么拼Connecticut.
- Fair enough. Great! You could teach him that, right? -Yeah.
-太棒了!你可以教他这个,是吧? -是.
I heard you telling somebody this is a very slow period in the art market.
我听你和别人说目前艺术市场不太火.
And we would take very good care of you, right?
我们可以关照你,是不是?
...I absolutely don't want to discourage you.
我绝对不想让你们失望.
I suppose I just have to think about it a bit. I haven't...
我想不只是要考虑一下.我没...
If I could envisage a plan, some kind of starting point...
如果我能构想出个计划,某种开始点..
We could start by building our art collection.
我们可以从筹划我们的艺术收藏开始.
That way you'd make a few bucks, and we can learn something.
这样你可以挣点钱,我们也能学东西.
But no museums. I'm not goin' to museums.
可不要有博物馆.我不会去博物馆.
The pictures... spook me out.
那些画吓死我了.
- What are you laughin' at? - Spooked by the virgins.
-你笑什么? -被处女吓着了.
Work on the laugh, Frenchy.
尽管笑吧,法兰琪
So, you can see the difference between this Tintoretto...
你们能看出这张Tintoretto(16世纪意大利画家)
...and the earlier Byzantine painting we looked at.
不同于我们刚看过早期拜占庭绘画.
What would you say is the most significant difference?
你说说最重要的区别是什么?
Me? I would say that the frame's bigger here.
我吗? 这个画框大一些.
Mm-hmm. Well, it is bigger.
这个是比较大.
But there's also a difference in the paintings themselves, isn't there?
但是画本身也有不同,是吧?
And it's an important difference because it characterizes...
两幅画有重大差异,因为这幅代表了...
...the great technical leap from the ancient into the modern world.
从古代到现代技术的重大飞跃.
You remember how those saints had very flat faces...
还记得那些圣人的脸是平的
...and the background was on the same plane as the foreground?
背景和前景在同一平面上?
- Perspective. - Right, perspective. That's it.
-视角. -对了,视角.就是这点.
Let me show you another very good example of that.
让我们看另一个很好的例子.
"The frame on this one is bigger"? Boy, you are a dummy.
"这幅的框子大点?" 你真是个大傻.
Don't give me "perspective." Take a hike. Take a hike.
别和我说什么"视角".拉倒吧.走吧.
- Four. Fifty-one. - Levoxyl.
-4. 51 -Levoxyl(抽象无意义词)
U-ni-tycon.
U-ni-tycon(抽象无意义词)
- Ninety... four. - Darvocet.
-90..94 -Darvocet(抽象无意义词)
Red-du-tem-puh.
Red-du-tem-puh(抽象无意义词)
- I'm hungry. Can we get outta here? - You're always hungry.
-我饿了.我们走吧? -你总是饿.
- Why don't you try and learn something? - There's nothing to learn.
-你为什么不想学点什么呢? -没什么好学的.
- Interesting fact. This is where Henry James lived. - Who?
-有趣.亨利·詹姆斯就曾住在这. -谁?
- The bandleader, stupid. - Married to Betty Grable? I knew that.
-乐队首席,笨蛋. -和贝蒂·格拉堡结婚了.我知道的.
No, you're thinking of Harry James the trumpeter.
不是。你们说的是哈利·詹姆斯,小号手。
Henry James married to Grable.
亨利·詹姆斯与贝蒂·格拉堡结婚
- Henry James, the author. Yeah? - Oh.
-是作家亨利·詹姆斯,明白吗? -哦。
This is where he lived and where he worked, and...
他曾在这生活工作,还有...
Where did he eat? I'm hungry. I don't care where he lived.
他在哪儿吃饭? 我饿了.我才不关心他住哪儿呢.
I remember. The Hair-ess, right?
我想起来了.叫Hair-ess,对吗?
- The "H" is silent. - Oh, did he write that too?
-H不发音.(法语中h在字首不发音) -哦,他也写了这部书吗?
Oh, gee. Frenchy, I'm still sick.
哦,好命.法兰琪.我还在生病.
I'm weak. I'm weak. I can't go.
我很虚, 动不了了.
You're gonna miss a very interesting "Great Books" discussion.
你将错过了一次有趣的"名著"讨论.
I know. It kills me. It just kills me.
知道.要命啊,真要命啊.
But I'm just gonna lay here. I'll see you when you come back.
我就在这躺着,等你回来再见吧.
- How are you? - Hello.
-你好. -你好.
- I bet 500. - Five hundred?
-我赌500 -500?
- See your five, raise you 500. - I'm outta here.
-你500,我出500 -我弃了.
I see the five... and a thou.
我把500升到1000
What'd you think of the book?
这本书你怎么看?
Well, I thought it was very romantic.
我想很浪漫.
I mean, he loved her but their backgrounds were so different.
我是说,他爱她,可他们的背景差异太大.
Right. So, what? You thought he was doomed from the start?
对.又会怎么样呢? 你认为他开始就死定了?
I guess, 'cause he wound up dead.
我猜是,因为他最后死了.
But, uh, I think that two people from different backgrounds can make it...
可是,我想来自不同背景的两个也可以在一起...
...if, uh, the juice is there.
如果,有爱汁.
- Right. Sorry. Juice is... - You know, the hots.
-对不起. 爱汁是... -性感
Wine. Would you like some wine?
喝点酒吗?
I brought over a bottle of Chateau Margaux.
我带了一瓶Chateau Margaux.(法国名酒)
Ah, that's brilliant, because we can compare that to my Clos de la Roche...
太好了,因为我们可以和我的 Clos de la Roche比较一下(法国名酒)
...and you can see the difference between a Bordeaux and a Burgundy.
你可以看到Bordeaux与Burgundy的不同.
I've got two other Burgundies of the same vintage...
我还有两瓶同一年份的Burgundy
...that I thought might be fun for us to try.
我想我们都尝尝,会很有趣.
I'll see your five and raise you a thou.
我也出500,到你就是1000.
I'll see it and raise you a thousand more.
我也跟,再加1000.
- And a thousand. - Okay. Call.
-跟1000 -好了,亮牌.
Read'em and weep. A pair of threes.
读出来,你哭吧. 双三
Oh, good. I thought you were bluffing.
我原想你唬人.
What do you want to play now?
现在你们想玩什么?
What about Indian poker?
印度式拉耗子如何?
Seven cards. You hold your cards over your head.
共7张牌.把牌放在脑后.
Nobody sees their hand. We bet on each other's hand.
谁也不能看手牌. 我们互相赌其它人的牌.
High-Iow, maybe some wild cards. All the reds.
赌高低,或奇怪的牌. 如都是红色的牌.
Wanna sit down, May?
想做下吗,梅?
How about Old Maid? Do you play Old Maid?
玩老处女如何? 你们会老处女吗?
So, um... try this one.
尝一下这种.
Yeah. The bouquet is very special.
是.气味很特别.
No, no. I mean you got a nice nose.
不,我意思是你的鼻子好看.
I don't know how to describe it. It's like, kinda...
我不知道怎么形容它,有点像...
- It's just any old nose, I think. - Aquiline.
-只是一个普通老鼻子而已. -Aquiline(鹰钩的)
Um, talking of which, how is your vocabulary coming along?
谈到这个词,你的词汇进展怎么样了?
Oh, very good. I'm almost through all the "A" words in the dictionary.
很好.字典中字母A开始的词快学完了.
Right, right. The thing is, I'm not 100 percent convinced...
好,好.这件事我不是有100%的把握...
...that memorizing the dictionary is the best way to improve your vocabulary.
背字典是不是学习词汇最好的方式.
I can't believe you found a buyer for the Damon Dexter so fast.
我真不敢相信你这么快就 把Damon Dexter给卖出去了.
And at such a good price. It'll really take a bite out of our debts.
而且价钱这么好. 这真减轻了不少我们的债务.
Oliver, it's dawning on me that the opportunity has arisen...
奥利佛,我开始觉得我的机会来了..
...for me to become quite obscenely rich.
让我发淫财.
How serious are they about building an art collection?
建造艺术收藏的事,他们有多认真?
That would be peanuts.
那是芝麻罢了.
Well, I think that she might be falling for me.
我想她对我有好感.
Frenchy Winkler?
你是说法兰琪 维恩克勒吗?
How much do you think she's worth, roughly?
你看她大约有多少钱?
- Her husband you mean. - No, it's all in her name.
-你说她丈夫? -不,全都在她的名下.
She's the cookie mogul.
她是饼业大亨.
- What are you saying? - I don't know. I suppose I'm saying...
-你想说什么? -我不知道.我想我是说...
...people grow and marriages sadly break up.
随着人们成长,婚姻就伤心地破碎了.
And women remarry, you know?
女人就再婚.
Fortunes, they change hands.
财富,就换手了.
- What is this? -It's a Damon Dexter, a discovery of David's.
-这是什么? -是Damon Dexter的画,是大卫发现的.
I say it's depressing.
我看太令人沮丧了.
Knock it off. You wouldn't know a masterpiece if it bit you in the ass.
歇菜吧,就算大师作品咬你的屁股, 你也认不出来的.
- I refuse to look at this, Frenchy. - What is that supposed to mean?
-我拒绝看这画. -你说这话,什么意思?
It means as long as this is on that wall, I don't look at that wall.
意思是只要这画在墙上,我就不看这墙.
- You're a head case! -I'll bet David made a big profit on this.
-你是个疯子! -我打赌,大卫卖这画挣了大钱.
Hey, whose cookies pay the rent, huh?
嘿,谁的饼干付的房租?
I think he's making a fool outta you. Stevens, come here.
我想他把你当傻子了. 斯蒂芬,来这.
Tell me what time it is. I no longer look at this wall.
告诉我现在几点了.我再也不看这面墙了.
- 11:00 a.m., sir. - Thank you very much.
-上午11点,先生. -多谢.
- David, what's this? - Oh, well, that's a citrine necklace.
-大卫,这是什么? -是黄水晶项链.
- You know about citrines? - No.
-你知道黄水晶吗? -不知道.
They're not one of the precious stones.
黄水晶不是贵重的宝石.
But the luster's always been considered very special and unique.
但它的光泽常被认为非常独特无二.
- And that? Look! - Ah, yeah.
-那个呢?看! -啊,这个.
Well, if we're talking about luster...
如果我们说光泽...
...this is something very special and I'd imagine very, very expensive.
这个很特殊,我想很贵,很贵.
It's a cigarette case encrusted with diamonds that belonged to the Duke of Windsor.
这是个烟盒,镶嵌钻石,属于温莎公爵.
- I know the Duke of Windsor! - Yeah?
-我知道温莎公爵! -是啊?
He also married beneath his station, right?
他也娶了比他地位低的,对吧?
- He did, like our friend Henry Higgins. - Yeah, yeah.
-是的,就像我们的朋友Henry Higgins. -哦,哦.
Oh, my God, the Duke and Duchess.
哦,我的上帝,公爵和公爵夫人.
It was such a romantic story. I saw it on television.
这是个特浪漫的故事.我在电视上看过.
What are you doin' here?
你在这干什么?
I'm havin' Chinese food. That's what they serve in a Chinese restaurant.
我在吃中国菜.中国餐馆就有中国菜.
You want some company?
想找人陪你吗?
What do you mean? Me. Who's talkin' to you?
你什么意思? 我呀.你在和你讲话吗?
Well, where's Frenchy?
法兰琪在哪儿?
Frenchy's at some piano concert with a guy.
法兰琪在和一个人听钢琴音乐会.
Oh. Well, they...
哦,他们...
They have take out here, but I don't think they'll deliver to a concert.
他们有外卖,可我想他们不会送到音乐会去.
Don't worry about it, May. Frenchy'll eat.
别操心了,梅.法兰琪会有饭吃的.
Dinner was so great! You know?
晚饭太棒了!
All that M.S.G. and the grease. It was... What a treat!
那些味精和油.太好吃了!
I'm so sick of continental food every night.
每天晚上都吃咖啡黄油,都腻了.
Frenchy eats frogs' legs!
法兰琪吃青蛙腿!
- It's supposed to taste like chicken. - Rabbit.
-应该是鸡味的. -是兔子
- Rabbit tastes like frogs' legs? - No. Forget it.
-兔子和青蛙腿一个味吗? -不.算了吧.
Are you happy being rich?
你有钱快乐吗?
It's okay. I got a lot of charge accounts and a really nice apartment.
还行吧.我有很多付帐的帐户,还有个不错的房子.
I got a maid. I'm still a little Ionely, though.
我有个女仆.但还是有点寂寞.
That guy I was seeing left me...
我见面的男人离开了我...
...because he just was so embarrassed about being poor.
因为他对穷感到不好意思.
And he hated that I'd pay for everything.
我统统付钱,他不喜欢.
So then I stopped paying. And actually, that's when he left me.
所以我就不付钱了, 可实际上就在这时他离开了我.
- I can understand your... - You enjoy being rich?
-我能理解你的... -你喜欢做富人吗?
- I hate it! - You're kidding?
-我讨厌有钱! -你在开玩笑?
No, I hate it. I'm telling you. I hate the life.
真的,我恨这一切.我告诉你. 我讨厌这种生活.
- And it's causin' me to lose Frenchy. - What do you mean?
-这种生活快要让我失去法兰琪了. -你什么意思?
I mean, she's outgrowing me. That's just what she said.
我意思是,她正在长得比我快. 她就是这么说的.
She's like a different person now.
她现在像变了人似的.
I think she's developing a crush on her teacher David.
我想她对她的老师大卫有点那个意思了.
Yeah. Well, you know, he's very good-Iooking...
他长得很帅.
...and he's bright and very charming and very elegant.
又聪明,又迷人,又高雅.
Okay, May, I got the picture. It's all right.
好了,我心里有数.
You know, my God, you really know how to make a guy feel good.
上帝啊,你真了解怎样使一个男人感觉不错.
- Well, when you're right, you're right. - Thank you.
-当你对时,你就是对的. -谢谢.
What did you think of her playing?
你觉得她弹得怎么样?
I just gotta tell ya, I thought the whole evening was apocalyptic.
我刚要和你说, 我认为整晚apocalyptic(像世界末日).
- Apocalyptic? Really? - Yes! I really was agog.
-世界末日?真的吗? -没错!我都agog(震惊了).
Well, me too. I mean, she's fabulous.
我也是.不过我的意思是,她太棒了.
She's fabulous and I have to asseverate, she deserves accolades.
她没致了,我不得不asseverate(一本正经地)说, 她值得accolades(赞誉).
- Frances, you've been memorizing the dictionary. - Yeah, I got the "A's".
-法兰西丝,你还在背字典. -是,所有A开始的词都学完了.
Next week the "B's". Right?
下周开始背B,对吧?
I have to say that that dress is just... gorgeous on you.
我得说你的衣服穿在你的身上太宜人了.
See? Your influence. Low key, right?
看,你的影响. 要低调,对吗?
That's a very flattering thing to say.
这是一种恭维的说法.
- Ray thinks it's dullsville. - David?
-瑞却认为是没品位. -大卫?
- Page! -Wasn't her choice of the Rachmanin off inspired?
-佩琪! -她选的拉赫马尼诺夫曲子没有激情,是吧?
- Wasn't it? We loved it. - At first I thought it might incur my animadversion.
-是吗?我们喜欢它. -首先,我想它引发了我的animadversion(谴责)
- But soon I realized it was apposite. - Aha, I think I see drinks.
-但是很快我意识到她的选择appoiste(适合谈论) -哈,我想我看到喝的了.
- Good to see you, David. - Nice meeting you.
-高兴见到你,大卫. -见到你们很高兴.
- Thank you very much. - I love your friends, David.
-多谢 -我喜欢你的朋友,大卫.
They're so bright and cultured and refined. It's another world.
他们这样聪明,有教养,有体面. 简直另一个世界.
Well, it's a world I know you'd love to belong to.
我知道这是你喜欢属于的世界.
- Ah, this looks a lot more civilized. - Beautiful.
-哈,这看上去文明多了. -漂亮
Let's take a seat over here.
我们那边坐吧.
Anything we get, Cody's in for his full share.
我们得到的一切中,Cody要得他那完整的一份.
- You know why I respect Cody Jarrett? - Why?
-知道我为什么尊敬Cody Jarrett? -为什么?
- Because he loves his mother. - I can understand that, May.
-因为他爱他母亲. -我能理解,梅.
Because even though he's a vicious, coldblooded, psychopathic killer...
因为即使他是个邪恶,冷血,变态杀手...
...and she encourages him, still it's sweet.
她还是鼓励他,温馨啊.
Yeah, has a sweetness. I wish I had a mother like that.
是,很温馨.我真希望我也有这样一个母亲.
- More Pepsi? - Yeah, please.
-再来点百事? -好,谢谢.
And this is the best part, isn't it? I love this part.
这是最棒的部分,是吧? 我喜欢这部分.
Will you pass me the Cracker Jack?
请把小吃给我.
What is it? What are you looking at?
怎么啦? 你在看什么?
I happen to be noticing you. I was looking at you a couple of times tonight...
我碰巧注意你.今晚我看你两三次了...
...'cause for the first time I had the thought...
因为,第一次我有这样的想法...
...that in a very strange way, you got a sweet face.
你长了一张甜甜的脸, 但是以很怪怪的方式.
It's offbeat, you know, in a kind of bizarre, you know...
和平常人不一样,就是那种很古怪的...
It's... I don't know how to explain it exactly, but it's right up there.
我不知道怎么更确切地解释,但它就长在那.
I mean it as a compliment. I'm sayin' a nice thing to you.
是赞美之词,我在说你的好话.
'Cause you being a relative of Frenchy...
因为你是法兰琪的亲戚.
...I never before classified you as a, you know, a human-type female, so...
以前我从来没把你归为... 属于人类的女性,所以..
I know, I know. This was a long time ago, right?
我知道,知道.很久以前了,是吧?
It was a really tragic story.
这是个相当悲惨的故事.
My husband, Otto, was dyslexic...
我丈夫,奥托,有阅读综合症...
...and the only thing he could spell correctly was his name.
他只能拼对自己的名字.
Oh! That is... That's...
哦!太..太..
There's no doubt about it. The Burgundy really goes to my head.
这是勃艮第,我完全肯定,它已经走进了我的脑袋里了.
- Yeah. - What did you want to talk to me about?
-你刚才想和我谈什么?
I've, um, I've got a little present for you.
我有小礼物给你.
- For me? - Yeah. Here.
-给我? -是的.给你.
Ohh! Pretty! I love leather books.
哦! 漂亮!我喜欢皮做的书.
Oh, Pygmalion! I love that story, David.
哦,Pygmalion(言情小说名)! 我喜欢这小说,大卫.
There's, um... You see a little inscription there?
里面有几行赠言.
"To my favorite Eliza, from your Professor Higgins. Love, David."
"致我最爱的Eliza,你的教授Higgins. 爱你的,大卫."
- Gee, I got a confession to make. - What?
-我要做个忏悔. -什么?
I got you a present too.
我也给你个礼物.
Oh, no. Oh, no. No, you didn't have to do that.
不,不,不,你不必要这样做.
It's in appreciation of all the stuff you've been doin' for me...
这为了感谢你为我做的一切...
...'cause I know it's a hard job. - Oh, my God!
-因为我知道这不容易. -哦,上帝啊!
Oh, my God! Frenchy! This is...
哦,我的上帝!法兰琪! 这...
- Frances! - Frances, this is...
-叫我法兰西丝! -法兰西丝,这...
It must've cost you a fortune.
这一定让你大大破费了.
What good's having dough unless you spend it, huh?
有钱不花要钱有什么用,是吧?
Well, I know, but this is so extravagant.
但这太豪华奢侈了.
I'm embarrassed.
我不知说什么好.
I'm not suggesting you take up smoking, but I figured, you know...
我不是要你吸烟,但我想...
...what's good enough for the Duke of Windsor, right?
对于温莎公爵有什么用,对吧?
Well, I'm really overwhelmed.
我真点晕了.
And I feel, you know, my little pathetic Bernard Shaw...
我感觉到我送的小小的可悲的肖伯纳的书...
...is so insignificant by comparison to this. - No!
-和这相比,太没价值了. -不!
But you see, I just wanted you to know...
但我只想要你知道..
...how unbelievably proud I am of you. - This is not insignificant.
-我多么为你骄傲啊 -这并不是没有价值.
Maybe I'm talking out of turn here, but...
可能有点冒昧唐突,但我想说...
...you've just developed so much, and I just feel, you know...
你进步太大了,我只是觉得...
...you belong in a world of society and high culture now.
现在你属于上流和高尚文化的世界
It's frustrating, because you should continue growing, you know.
如果停止了,有些沮丧, 因为你应该继续发展.
You should be branching out, you should be traveling.
你应该扩展,去旅行.
There's Paris and Rome and the great opera houses and the museums, you know.
巴黎,罗马,伟大的歌剧院和博物馆.
You should be in a position to cultivate the right kinds of friends.
这个阶段,你应该多交与你身份相当的朋友.
Anyway, I'm, you know, bif.
不管怎样,我头大了.
It's hard, you know, 'cause Ray's not like that.
这很难,因为瑞不喜欢这样.
He likes to watch TV in his underwear, suckin' a Bud.
他喜欢穿着内衣看电视,舔八喜.
Yeah. Well, that... I don't know what to say. I can't comment on that.
我不知道说什么.这事我不好说什么.
- Can I be frank, David? - Mm-hmm.
-我能直率说吗? 大卫? -行
Sometimes I think I've outgrown him.
有时我觉得我的成长超过他了.
- Pretty late. - Yeah, you too. What did you do?
-够晚的. -你也不早.你做什么了?
l, you know, I worked late...
我,我工作得晚.
...and then May and me had some Chinese food.
然后和梅吃中国菜.
You and May! What'd you talk about over dinner? Cartoons?
你和梅! 你们吃饭时谈什么?卡通吧?
Are you kiddin'? We went up to her apartment.
别开玩笑.我们去了她家.
- We watched White Heat on television. - Till 3:00 a.m.?
-我们看电视"白色热浪" -看到凌晨3点?
No. Then we went out and we got a pizza.
不.然后我们出去吃比萨.
Chinese food and a pizza?
中国菜和比萨?
With your stomach, I'm surprised you weren't shot...
就你的胃,我很吃惊你被一枪打死..
...breaking into the Pepto-Bismol factory.
当你闯入Pepto-Bismol工厂时(专门生产胃药企业)
No, Frenchy, I had fun. It was the first time in along time I had a good time.
不是的,法兰琪.我很高兴. 我很长时间没这样高兴了,第一次.
- I want to talk to you, Ray. - Now?
-我要和你谈谈,瑞. -现在吗?
David's going over to Europe for a month.
大卫要去欧洲一个月.
I thought we might go along, see some sights.
我想我们可以一起去,看看风景.
What kind of sights?
什么样的风景?
You know, churches, opera houses, ruins.
教堂啦,歌剧院,遗址啦
What are you, a stroke victim?
你是谁啊?中风患者吗?
I'm gonna fly 3,000 miles to see opera houses and ruins?
我飞3000英里去看歌剧院和遗址?
- Well, I wanna go. - What do you mean, you wanna go?
-我想去. -你什么意思,你想去?
- It's part of my cultural development. - Will you knock it off?
-这是我文化培养计划的一部分. -你还是一边凉快会儿吧.
You're Frenchy Fox from New Jersey. Stop puttin' on airs.
你是新泽西的法兰琪. 别再住脸上贴金了。
David thinks that it would be good for me to travel through Europe.
大卫认为去欧洲旅行对我有好处。
I get a bad vibe about this guy.
我对那家伙有一种不好的感觉。
Because you're a crook, so you think everybody is.
因为你是混混,就认为所有人都是。
I wish I still was a crook, then I'd feel like an actual person again.
我希望我还是混混,这样我就会 感觉又是个真正的人了。
I warned you that this would happen if you didn't grow along with me.
我警告过你,如果你不和我一起成长, 这一切就会发生的。
The only thing that's grown about you is your rear end from too much French food.
我唯一学到的是,你的臀部成长了, 因为你吃太多法国菜。
I'm sorry, Ray, but I wanna go to Europe.
对不起,我要去欧洲。
What do you mean? We're married. You can't just go to Europe with David.
什么意思?你是有夫之妇。 不能和大卫去欧洲。
I asked you to come.
我让你去,你不去。
'Cause you knew I'd say no. That's why you asked me.
因为你知道我会说不。 所以你问我。
My idea of fun is not goin' to operas and ruins. I get enough sleep at home.
我的乐趣不是去看歌剧或遗址。 在家睡得踏实。
I never thought I'd be saying this to you, Ray...
我从来没想过要和你说这话,
...but maybe the time has come to reevaluate our marriage.
要重新评估我们的婚姻
If you go to Europe with David...
如果你和大卫去欧洲,
...you're gonna have to reevaluate it big time.
你真要重估一下了。
I'm going! I won't be held back mentally...
我一定要去。
...by some overaged juvenile delinquent.
我不会让一个大龄少年犯妨碍我。
- Then you better go get yourself a lawyer. - We don't need lawyers.
-这样你最好找个律师。 -我们不需要律师。
I'll go fifty-fifty with you even though it's all in my name.
我给你一半,尽管全在我名下。
You're right. We don't need lawyers. Exactly right, because...
对。我们不需要律师。太对了。
You don't have to go fifty-fifty. I don't want anything.
因为你不用给我一半, 我什么都不要。
You can have the house, the business, custody of all the chocolate chips.
都是你的:房子,公司,所有巧克力饼监管权,
You know, May, it was on a boat that I first proposed to Frenchy.
我是在船上第一次向法兰琪求婚的。
All of a sudden, I'm not her type after all these years.
突然地,这么多年都过了,她不喜欢我了。
- May I tell you something? - What?
-我可以说你点什么吗? -什么?
You're not my type either.
你也不是我喜欢的那种人。
What does that mean? What the hell does that mean?
什么意思? 这到底什么意思?
It means that maybe Frenchy...
意思是,可能法兰琪...
...wasn't so wrong to try and make something out of her self.
尝试学点什么,不是太不对,
- Frenchy was nuts! Frenchy overdid everything. - You underdo everything!
-法兰琪是疯子!一切做过头了. -你一切做缩头了.
You know, there's more to life than turkey meatballs.
生活除了火鸡丸子,还有很多.
I don't know what to say, May. I get a bad vibe about this guy, David.
我不知道说什么. 大卫那小子,我印象不好.
It's my street instinct, but I just don't trust him.
是我混世的本能,我就是不信任他.
Yeah, I know why.
我知道为什么了.
Because he's younger than you are, handsomer than you are...
因为他比你年轻,比你帅...
...he's much taller than you are, he's smarter than you are...
也比你高,比你聪明...
...he's much more exciting than you are...
比你有更有激情...
May, don't feel obligated to pull any punches with me. I can take it.
别怕我受不了打击.我能承受.
You know, women like a little elegance. It's more romantic.
女人喜欢幽雅,更浪漫一点.
So if I had it to do over again, I would do some things differently.
如果我能重来,我要做得和现在不同.
Maybe I'd sit through a couple of more operas with Frenchy...
可能会和法兰琪多欣赏几部歌剧...
...especially now since they got the new Sony Walkmans.
特别是现在有索尼随身听了.
Now that you split up with Frenchy, you don't even work.
你和法兰琪分开了,你也不工作了.
No, I don't work, May, but I got an idea for something...
不,我不干活,但我有个主意...
...and I wanna talk to you about it.
我想和你说说.
Wow! What a place!
这地方真没致了!
That's the home of Chi Chi Potter, the socialite.
是叫琪琪的家,她是贵妇,爱社交.
Chi Chi Valezquez Potter.
琪琪·瓦拉葵兹·波特
Now, Chi Chi's got a necklace.
琪琪有个项链.
It's all emeralds with diamonds around it. It's a very famous necklace.
绿宝石的,下面有钻石.非常有名.
May be you saw it in a magazine. They photograph it all the time.
你可能在杂志上看到过. 他们老是给它拍照.
- Would it have been on television? - I don't know.
-上过电视吗? -不知道.
But it's been in magazines. It's a famous necklace. I wanna go in there.
可上过杂志.这项链非常有名. 我要去那儿.
I could live off that necklace if I fence it for the rest of my life.
如果能把它搞到手, 我这辈子就吃上了.
But you gott a remember what happened when you tunneled into the bank.
你别忘记你们往银行挖隧道的惨剧.
But that's the beauty part. We don't have to tunnel anymore.
可这正是美好的一幕. 我们不用再挖了.
Now, Frenchy and l, we're patrons of the arts.
法兰琪和我现在是艺术守护人.
So Chi Chi invited us to a big party there in a couple of weeks.
所以琪琪邀请我们去晚宴,几个星期后.
Frenchy's out of town. You come with me, we get the necklace.
法兰琪不在家,你和我去, 我们搞那项链.
Oh, uh, see, I never heisted anything before.
可我从来没偷过东西.
There's nothing to it. I know where the safe is.
没问题的.我知道保险柜在哪.
Because this has been on my mind for a while.
因为这事我想了很久了.
I had dinner over there one night, and I excused myself.
一晚,我去那赴宴,借口离席.
I was very crafty. I went upstairs, and I checked out the place.
我很精明,上了楼,查看那地方.
I scoped it all out, and I found the safe.
我到处找,发现了保险柜.
I got the whole layout in my mind up there, so I know we can do this.
整个房间布局全在我脑子里, 所以我们可以做.
I don't wanna wind up in jail. If this is... Wait. If this is such a big item...
我不想最后进监狱.如果这东西是个大家伙..
...then they're gonna be turning the town upside down looking for it.
他们会全城四处找它.
No. That's why you're dealing with a particularly shrewd mentality.
不会.我的脑子精明绝论.
I got a connection in Chinatown.
我在中国城有关系.
I bring in a picture that I got from a magazine of the necklace.
我从杂志上搞到了项链的图片.
He makes me an exact duplicate. I switch.
他们给我做个一模一样的复制品. 我掉包.
She never knows what happened. She's, you know...
她永远不会知道发生了什么事.
Chi Chi's a dumb, flighty society dame. She's crazy.
琪琪是个傻瓜,老不在家, 疯狂好社交.
By the time she figures out there's a switch, two years from now or something...
等她明白过来被掉包了,2年过了...
...I'll be in Florida or The Cayman Islands.
我早在佛罗里达或卡衣门岛了.
- I can't hear you. What? - Shh.
-我听不清.什么?
- I'm in a crypt! I can't... - Please.
-我在教堂地下室! 我听不.. -请别说话.
What do you mean? What are you talking about?
什么意思? 你在说什么?
How? Would you gimme a break, Sister? Okay?
怎么回事? 给我几分钟,嫫嫫.
Look, what do you mean it's an emergency?
很紧急,什么意思?
- Oh, hi. - Mrs. Winkler?
-维恩克勒太太吗?
We're so sorry to bring you back from your vacation.
抱歉把你从度假中唤回来.
- What the hell's goin' on, fellas? - I have terrible news.
-究竟怎么回事? -我有糟糕的消息
- Something's happened to Ray? - Sunset Enterprises is bankrupt.
-瑞出事了? -落日企业破产了。
- How? - Fraud.
-怎么搞的? -贪污。
- Fraud? Who? - Your accountants.
-贪污?谁? -你的会计。
My accountants. I don't even know who they are. What?
我的会计。连他们是谁我都不知道。 什么事?
You should've looked.
你本应该看一下的。
We let them handle everything.
我们让他们处理一切。
What the hell do I know about running a corporation?
我对公司管理一窍不懂。
Did you ever read any thing you signed?
你签字的东西看过吗?
No, but they assured us everything was okay.
没有。可他们保证一切OK.
May I get you a drink?
喝点什么?
I'd like a 1961 Romanee St. Vivant if we have it.
我要1961年的Romanee St. Vivant,如果有的话。
I'd have a whiskey if I were you.
如果我是你,我喝威士忌。
Well, I don't understand.
我不明白。
I mean, Sunset's gone? Can't we do anything?
落日没了吗? 我们不能做什么吗?
You might be able to put a few people in jail if we could find them.
你能把一些人送进监狱, 如果我们能找到他们。
Oh! This is the worst news.
这是最坏的消息。
Oh, no, no. Mrs. Winkler, it's not.
还不是。
No? Well, it is to me!
还不是? 对我,是的!
No, no, no. The worst news is coming up.
不是。最坏的消息在下面。
Oh. All right. All right.
好吧。
You better tell me. Let me sit down.
最好告诉我。 让我坐下。
They spoke to you about expanding Sunset.
他们向你提过扩大落日的事。
That's right. We've been planning it for months. Yeah.
提过。我们计划了几个月。
In order to do that, you needed a bank loan. Are you aware of that?
为了扩大,你要银行贷款。 你注意这点了吗?
- Quite a substantial loan. - Get to the point.
-相当一大笔贷款。 -说要紧的。
They asked you to sign a promissory note to the bank.
他们让你给银行签个有约束力文件。
You're speaking to the wrong person. This is what I got accountants for.
你这话找错人了。 我找会计就是为这些。
Yes, but unfortunately your accountants are in Venezuela.
但不幸的是, 你的会计现在委内瑞拉。
Wh... This is all so confusing.
我都糊涂了。
Frances, you put up your home and savings as a note for a monster loan.
你把房子和存款都押 在这笔魔鬼贷款上了。
Could you put a touch of cyanide in here? It needs to be stronger.
放点氰化物在这里。酒劲要大点。
You've lost it all, Frenchy.
你失去了一切。
Or should I say, you've been swindled out of it all?
或者说,你被抢劫一空了.
- You mean, I got... - Nothing.
-我还有... -你一无所有。
Mrs. Winkler, you have nothing. No house, no bank account.
你什么也没有,没房子,没银行存款.
Just a couple of large, outstanding loans...
只有巨额贷款...
...which we feel you can best deal with by filing for bankruptcy.
最好申请破产来处理它们.
Bankruptcy? Bankruptcy?
破产? 破产?
- I'm not up to the "B" words yet. - Sorry.
-我还没背到B开始的单词呢. -遗憾.
Does Ray know about this?
瑞知道了吗?
What difference does it make to Ray? He's gone.
瑞知道与否又有什么关系呢? 他走了.
What did you say?
你刚才说什么?
I'm bankrupt. Sunset's gone. Worse.
我破产了. 落日完了. 还要糟
All my personal dough is gone. The whole ride's over.
我个人的钱都没了. 全部结束了.
- I mean, how could that possibly happen? - Fraud. My accountants.
-这怎么发生的呢? -贪污.我的会计.
Oh, Ray said not to trust them because the whole firm had mustaches.
瑞说不要相信住院病人,整个公司同性恋.
I'm, I'm gonna get myself a little Valium.
我要来点镇静剂.
David, I'm not gonna be able to give you that loan I promised you.
大卫,我不能给你曾保证的贷款.
Suddenly it turns out I got people I owe.
突然我欠别人的钱了.
I know, but you did say that I could borrow $400,000.
可你确实说过借我40万美元.
- I was using it to cement a deal. - I know, and it kills me!
-我要用它来达成一笔交易. -我知道,可我完了!
It kills me to cop out on you like this, but I'm busted. I'm flat.
你杀了我,我也不能了,我完蛋了,我没钱了.
- What an idiot. - I guess I am. Yeah.
-真是白痴. -我想我是.
How could you be so stupid and irresponsible...
你怎么能这么不负责任,蠢到..
...as to allow some patently cheap, thieving accountants...
让些世人皆知的憋脚小偷会计...
...to defraud you out of a future?
贪污,来毁掉你的未来?
I just don't understand how anyone could be that stupid.
不知道还有谁这么蠢.
Aren't you a little out of line?
说得出圈了吧?
Well, you know I've made plans. I've made commitments to people.
我做了计划,答应人家了.
You've got a strange look in your eye like the guy from the book.
你眼中有种奇怪的表情,像书中那人.
Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde or Ted Bundy. I can never remember.
中的杰克尔博士或海德, 或连环杀手太德. 我记不清了.
Think of the time I've put in nurturing an idea that's not gonna happen.
可惜啊,我花大量时间的想法,却不能实现.
Is that what it was? The money?
事情就这样吗? 为了钱?
l, I need... I need my prescription. I need my little blue pills.
我要我的处方,要蓝色药片.
So I'm gonna go and get them...
我要去拿药
...and I would very, very much appreciate it if when I came back, you were gone.
如果我回来时,你走了,就多谢了.
David, if you wouldn't mind...
大卫,如果你不介意...
...I'd like the cigarette caseback. - I don't think so, my love.
-我想要回那烟盒. -我看不行,亲爱的.
I asked you for lessons in life.
我曾请向你学习生活..
I guess I really got one, right?
我想我真学到了一课.
Oh, we're so glad you could come!
你们能来,我们很高兴.
- How are you? - Good.
-你好吗? -好.
Langston wants to talk to you about a theater project in Aspen.
想和你谈谈在阿寺畔 的剧场项目.
- Do you ski? - Me? No, never. Never.
-你滑雪吗? -我? 从来没有.
- Do either of you play miniature golf? - Oh, there's Binky!
-你们有谁打高尔夫电脑游戏吗? -宾颀来了!
- Oh, hello! - Oh, for heaven's sake.
-你好. -你们就..
I don't think you should speak. I don't think you should say anything.
我看你不应该开口,不该说话.
But you said make conversation. I was just making it.
可你说造个谈话,我造了.
I know. Make conversation, but don't talk. Don't bring up anything.
谈话,但不要说话.不要找话题.
Maybe about the weather or something, but don't... You know.
或者谈谈天气或其它, 但别...
Now, I'm gonna get in the flow of things here and then I'm gonna glide upstairs.
我要开始工作了,我悄悄地上楼.
- Should I glide with you? - No, no. I'll contact you.
-我也去吗? -不,我会联络你.
- Can I get you some champagne? - Sure.
-要点香槟吗? -好的。
I was ju... I was gonna make a phone call.
我要去打个电话。
- Have you seen Edgar? - Edgar?
-看见爱得加了吗? -爱得加?
- Where that man gets off to! - I was gonna make a phone...
-那人到底去哪儿了! -我要去打个电话。
I've looked back here, and downstairs.
这里和楼下我都找过了。
- Try back there. - I'll try that. Thank you.
-那边找找。 -我去试试。多谢。
- Do you play golf? - Golf? No.
-你打高尔夫吗? -高尔夫?不打。
I was just gonna make a phone call upstairs.
我要上楼去打个电话。
- I guess I was misdirected. - Yes, well, I was gonna use the phone.
-我想我被别人误导了。 -是,我要去用电话。
I'm sorry. I wanted a match on Sunday, but I'll get somebody else.
抱歉。周日我要比赛,我得找个人。
I would've looked forward to it.
但愿我会打。
There'll be rain over the tristate area and increasing fog.
在3州一带有雨,雾越来越大
Temperatures will hover in the low 60s till Tuesday.
下周二之前气温将徘徊在60度左右。
I must say, you are most amusing.
你真有趣。
Would you like a canape? Those are shrimp.
来点开胃饼? 这些是虾味的.
These are quail eggs.
那些鹌鹑蛋味。
I don't have any idea what they are.
我不知道这些是什么。
Thank you. I hate anything with a toothpick. They lodge in your throat.
谢谢。我讨厌带牙签的东西。 它们停在喉咙里。
I'm George Blint, mutual funds. And you?
我叫乔治,互助基金的。 您呢?
May Sloan. I'm a lookout.
我叫梅。是个望风的。
I noticed the way you walked and carried yourself from across the room.
我注意到了,你在房子走来走去。
You remind me of my wonderful, departed wife.
你让我想起我过世的妻子。
You can't carry yourself across the room. That's physically impossible.
你不能携带你自己在房中走。 物理上不可能。
You're the first woman I've met since Helen died that I could say that about.
自从海伦去世后, 你是第一个我这样说的女人。
Was Helen your wife, or just a woman who died?
海伦是你妻子,还是另一个死了的女人?
Hi. Where's Mr. Winkler? I want to talk to him.
维恩克勒先生在哪?我要和他谈谈。
Oh, he's around mingling.
他在周围随便呢。
Cloudy today, wasn't it? With a chance of light sprinkles followed by sunshine.
今天阴天,是吧?晴后可能转零星小雨。
Right. Chi Chi, would you get those photographs from the bedroom?
是。琪琪,去卧室取那些照片来,好吗?
I wanna show Mr. Winkler the property in Aspen where we're gonna build the theater.
我想维恩克勒先生看看 我们在阿斯班要建的剧院.
Yes. I just wanna talk to Dr. Henske.
我正要和汉斯克医生谈谈.
He would be perfect to do Beth Kramer's face work...
他将是给Beth Kramer做面部美容的最佳人选,
...after the unbelievable job he did on Mrs. Morton's buttocks.
他给Morton太太臀部做得太棒了.
Oh, I'm gonna be right back. Will you just...
我马上回来,你...
Jesus! You scared me. For God's sake!
主啊!你吓死我了.
I came to warn you. Mrs. Potter's gonna come up here...
我来警告你.Potter太太要上这来...
...to get some pictures that Mr. Potter wants you to see.
拿些照片,Potter先生要让看看.
- She's lookin' for you. - Now, I closed the safe!
-她在找你呢. -看,我把保险柜又关上了!
This is a tough safe! I'm outta practice. I can't...
这个保险柜不好开的! 我多年不干了,我不能...
- Did they see you come up here? - L, I don't think so.
-他们看见你来这吗? -我想没有.
Get out there and stand watch.
出去,站着,盯着点.
I'm gonna do this again.
我再开一遍.
I'm fine, I'm fine. Get out! Get out!
我很好,出去!出去!
If you could fit it into your schedule, it would mean so much to Beth.
如果你能安排时间,贝丝就有福了.
She's been so down since the divorce.
离婚后,她情绪一直低落.
And don't you think... he got custody of the polo ponies.
你不认为.. 他拥有那些小马的监管权.
Chi Chi, don't forget those photographs for Mr. Winkler.
琪琪,别忘了拿照片给维恩克勒先生.
- Where'd he go? - I'll get them.
-他去哪儿了? -我去拿照片.
- So, you will try? - I'll do my best.
-你看呢? -尽力而为.
Kiss, kiss. Whoops!
拜托,拜托. 对不起!
Mrs. Potter is coming.
Potter太太来了.
- She's gone. - Shh, not so loud.
-她走了. -小点声.
But she's gone. She's gone.
她走了.
Thank you, dear. I want to show those to Mr. Winkler.
谢谢,亲爱的. 我要让维恩克勒先生看看.
- He wouldn't leave without saying good-bye, would he? -I don't know, he's not upstairs.
-他不会不辞而别吧? -我不知道,他不在楼上.
- Jesus. - I met a wonderful man downstairs.
-主啊. -在楼下我遇到了一个好男人.
He seemed to like me. He said I reminded him of his wife who's dead.
他好像喜欢我. 他说我让他想到他去逝的妻子.
But I assume he meant when she was alive.
可我想他意思说她活着的时候.
May, can you stop talking to me while I'm doing this?
我干活时,你别讲话好吗?
Little short fellow. Bright yellow shirt, unbelievable tie.
小矮个. 大黄衬衫. 领带不可思议.
Oh, yes. I think I know the gentleman you mean.
我知道,你说的那位先生.
He was going up the stairs before.
刚才他上楼去了.
- Are you sure? - Yes. Mr. Winkler.
-你肯定吗? -是的,是维恩克勒先生.
Ray, I hear something.
瑞,我听到声音.
She's not feeling well. I took her up here.
她不舒服,我把她带这来了.
- Yes, she's had one of her spells. - Spells?
-她的魔咒犯了. -魔咒?
- Yes, she gets spells. - How extraordinary. We have a doctor right here.
-是,她着魔了. -太不寻常了.我们正好有医生.
- No, not necessary. She gets these spells. - I'm a hemophiliac.
-没必要.她常着魔. -我有血友病.
- Oh, dear God! Are you bleeding? - Why would I be bleeding?
-上帝!你在流血吗? -我为什么要流血?
No, she... Her neck. Wasn't your neck...
不,是她的脖子. 你脖子不是...
It is, but my nasal passages are clearing up now.
是,我的鼻腔通道正在清理.
I handle all this. On weekends, I do this for a little hobby.
我全能处理.周末,做这个是我的一点业余爱好.
- She had champagne. - Poor darling. I'll go get Dr. Henske.
-她喝过香槟. -我去叫汉斯克医生.
Really, I'm... Ray, you have my cortisone pills.
真不用.瑞,你带着我的药,可的松.
- Me? - My medication?
-我? -我的药啊?
I will feel a whole lot better if I let Dr. Henske take a look at her.
我要让汉斯克医生看看,我就会好过的.
No, no, you just relax, put your feet up, and I'll go get Dr. Henske.
你放松,把脚抬高,我去叫汉斯克医生.
A hemophiliac? Cortisone? Where did you come up with these things?
血友病患者? 可的松? 你哪儿想出这些词?
- It's on TV. - The weather's on TV. I said stay with the weather.
-电视上 -天气也在电视上.我说过一直谈天气.
I thought I did some really quick thinking.
我想我反应还是快的.
Yes, very quick. Mean while, you're gonna be examined now.
是够快,你要被检查了.
Why? I just had a checkup.
为什么? 我刚做过体检.
Jesus! I got no time to work here. They'll be back in seconds.
主啊! 我没时间了.我们随时回来.
I can't tell the difference between these.
我看不出它们的区别.
God! Then you better take 'em both.
上帝! 两个都拿走.
I can't take 'em both. If they come back and don't find any necklace here...
不能都拿走.如果他们回来,发现项链没了...
...we've been suspiciously seen in the bedroom.
在卧室,我们被看见了,会怀疑的.
- I'll go right to jail. - Especially with your D.N.A.
-我就得去做牢. -特别是你这样DNA的人
What does my D.N.A. got to do with it?
我的DNA和这有什么关系?
You better make a choice, 'cause they're gonna be back any minute.
最好做出选择,因为他们随时回来.
All I know is what I told you, Doctor.
我所知道就是我和你说过的,医生.
She's right in here. Come along.
她就在这.来了.
Here's Dr. Henske.
这是汉斯克医生.
Now, what seems to be the trouble?
哪儿不舒服?
False alarm. It was a hot flash.
虚惊一场.是热的闪电.
I think it was a menopausal thing. I've seen it before.
我想和更年期有关. 以前我见过.
- I'm given to occasional spells. - Spells?
-有人施魔咒给我 -魔法吗?
Well, not spells, but, you know, she was drinkin' booze...
不是魔咒,她喝醉了...
No, no, sometimes for no good reason I get hot and cold flashes.
是魔咒,不知什么原因.我看见闪电,热的,冷的.
The room will begin to spin, then spots before my eyes, a ringing in my ears.
房间就开始旋转, 眼前有红点,耳朵里有嗡嗡声.
You're making too much of it. We should go.
你编得太多了.我们该走了.
Little pin points of light and my tongue turns black, and I can't swallow.
光像无数针尖,我的舌头变黑, 不能吞咽.
- Really? - They diagnosed it as Parkinson's.
-真的? -他们确诊为帕金森综合症.
But they think it could be the Ebola virus or Mad Cow Disease.
-也可能是埃博拉病毒或疯牛病.
We gotta get her out of here because, you know, it's a false positive.
我们得让她离开这,因为是假阳性.
Come, sweetheart, we're due, we're due.
时间到了,该走了.
I do hope you feel better.
真希望你好多了.
And not to worry, Mr. Winkler, the theater in Aspen will just have to wait.
别担心,维恩克勒先生,阿斯班的剧场可以等.
The Ebola virus or Mad Cow.
埃博拉病毒,疯牛病
- I just said the first thing that came into my mouth. - Great.
-我在说我嘴边的东西 -你真牛.
- I tried to do my best... - Hello again!
-我只是尽力... -又见面了.
George! Do I still remind you of your wife?
乔治! 我还让你想起你妻子吗?
You kill me. You're great.
你笑死我了.你厉害.
You're not feeling well. I'm taking her home. She's not feeling well.
你不舒服.我要带她回家.她不舒服了.
I'm in the book. May Sloan. I'Il, I'll be better.
我在通讯录上. 梅 斯路恩. 我会好的.
Oh! Well, I'll call you.
我给你打电话.
- Ray, I just got the news about Frenchy. - Frenchy?
-瑞,我刚得到法兰琪的消息. -法兰琪?
Didn't you hear? Sunset's gone under.
你没听说吗? 落日完了.
She was defrauded out of every penny she owns and then some.
她所有钱都被骗走了.
And I know you're out of there, but I figured you'd know.
我知道你在这,但我以为你早知道了.
Yeah, sure, I do know. l, l, l...
当然,我确实知道.我..我..我
I came as soon as I heard.
一听到我就来了.
I got exactly what I deserved.
我得到了我应该得到的.
I really missed you, Frenchy.
我真想你,法兰琪.
I'm sorry I blew our cookie company...
对不起,我把饼干公司搞没了...
...but I'm even more sorry I blew our marriage, Ray.
但我更抱歉的是,我把我们的婚姻搞砸了.
What do you do? Everybody makes mistakes, you know what I mean?
你做了什么?人人都犯错误.
The important thing is I still love you.
重要的是我仍然爱你.
I don't deserve it. I behaved badly.
我不佩. 我做得太不像话了.
You behaved like an ass, but that's one of those "A" words you used to practice.
你做像ass(混蛋), 可这是你以前熟悉的A字母开始的词之一.
But I'm not the easiest guy to get along with. I'm not Mr. Sensitive.
可我不是容易打交道的人.不是敏感先生.
There's a lot of things I could've done differently, maybe.
很多事,我或许应该用另外方法去做.
We stayed in separate rooms the whole trip, Ray. That's the truth.
在整个旅行中,我们住在不同房间. 这是真的.
So where's David now?
大卫现在在哪儿?
- He split the second I went bust. - No! I don't believe it.
-我一破产,他就翻了. -我真不敢相信.
- He was hustling me for the dough. Sure. - Oh, jeez.
-他卖劲追我是为了钱.
So now we gotta all begin again, you know.
现在我们要从头再开始了.
And in more ways than one.
办法却不止一个.
- You still want me? - Still want you? I'm...
-你还要我吗? -还要你? 我..
Frenchy, you gotta ask a question like that? I'm crazy about you.
你怎么问这样问题? 我爱死你了.
I'm crazy about you too.
我也爱死你.
You're a goddess to me. I'm nuts for you.
你是我的女神. 我爱得发疯.
You got... Of course I want you.
你想..当然我要你.
But we're broke, you know. We haven't got a dime.
但我们破产了.连1分钱都没有.
We don't even own a stick of this furniture we're sittin' on.
连我们坐的家俱中的一根棍都不是我们的.
Can I show you something? Will you sit here? May I show you one thing?
让你看点东西.坐好了,我让你看一样东西.
- Can I show you... Just let me show you something. - Okay.
-让我给你看点东西 -好吧.
I think you're gonna be very, very proud of me.
我想你会为我而非常非常骄傲的.
- That's Chi Chi Potter's. - Was. Was Chi Chi... Was.
-那是琪琪的. -过去是,过去是琪琪的.过去是
Keyword. Was. I'm tellin' you, I never felt so great.
关键词.过去是. 告诉你,我从来没这样厉害过.
I was back in action again. I felt alive, you know.
我重出江湖了,我感觉活了.
'Cause I always felt that you were keeping me with this whole cookie thing.
因为我总是觉得你在用饼干养活我.
- Hey, this is glass. - What are you talking about, glass? How's it glass?
-是玻璃的. -你说什么,玻璃的? 怎么会呢?
- It's fake. - What do you mean, fake? How the hell would you know?
-是赝品. -赝品? 你是怎么知道的?
I can tell fake from real. This ain't even good fake.
我能分辨真品和赝品. 这东西还不是好的赝品.
What are you talking about? What do you mean, it's fake?
你在说什么? 是赝品吗?
You know, it might fool some idiot with no eye or no brains...
这也就骗骗不长眼睛或没脑子的傻瓜..
...but it'd never pass with a normal person.
但逃不过正常人的眼睛
What are you... You're telling me that I got the phony one?
你是说,我拿了个冒牌的?
- I came away with the wrong thing? - That sounds like your M.O.
-我拿错了? -这像你的风格.
- You're nuts! I was in the room. - Yeah.
-去你的! 我在房间里.
And I was gonna substitute the glass one for the real one.
当我要用假的换真的时候,
Then everything got confusing.
一切都乱了.
It's good to see you got the same great instincts.
你的直觉还是这么"厉害"
- You're so wrong. - It really is.
-你肯定错了. -没错
- You take all those lessons, you think you got taste. - Wait a minute.
-你上了一些课,就以为有品味 -等会儿.
I'm gonna show you something.
给你看看.
You think you learn class and taste, but you know nothing about jewelry.
你以为在上层混过,有品味, 可你对珠宝一点儿不懂.
We take this and fence it. We go to Florida. It's the goods.
我们把它出了手,就去佛罗里达. 就靠这东西了.
That ain't gonna get us on the subway, much less to Florida.
凭这玩艺连地铁我们都上不去, 更别说佛罗里达了.
What? You know, you're such a know-everything.
什么? 你真是万事通.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to spot a clinker like this.
发现这样的煤渣,用不着火箭科学家.
Who ever made it for you, you overpaid.
你被做的人宰了.
What can I do if you're wrong? What can I do?
万一你错了,我怎么办?
Can I take your nose and twist it till you turn blue?
非要把你鼻子拧紫了,才相信吗?
I know, but it's...
可.这...
Well, Frenchy, I'm not cleaning it up.
法兰琪,我不会把它清扫的.
You broke it. You got glass over everything.
你打碎了,搞得玻璃到处都是.
It's dangerous. You... Jesus, I'm...
很危险.
I don't know what you see in me. I'm such a screwup.
不知道你怎么看我. 我真是个蠢蛋.
It's glass! Don't you understand? I got the glass one.
是玻璃! 没明白.我拿的是玻璃的.
All that matters is that we have each other.
最重要的是我们还在一起.
We didn't there for a while and it made me realize how much I need you.
一段时间我们不在一起, 使我意识到我多么需要你.
- Yeah, but you're married to such a loser, Frenchy. - No.
-可你嫁给了一个失败者. -不是的.
- It's glass! - I'm the luckiest woman in the world.
-是玻璃! -我是世界上最幸运的女人.
And the brokest. I'm topped out. We got nothing.
穷光蛋一个.穷到家了.我们一无所有.
As usual, I come up empty.
和往常一样,我又空无一分了.
We could pawn this.
我们可以把这个当了.
What is this thing? Who? Who-Who?
这是什么东西? 谁?
I don't understand. Who's the Duke of Windsor?
不明白.谁是温莎公爵?
Actually, we could probably auction it.
实际上,我们或许拍卖它.
- Where'd you get this? It looks... - From David.
-从哪搞的? 看上来像... -大卫那儿.
- David gave you this? - Well, he doesn't know it yet.
-大卫给你的? -他还不知道呢.
I don't get it. What do you mean?
我不明白.什么意思?
Hey, it was you who taught me how to open a safe.
是你教会我开保险柜的.
l... That was one of my fondest memories of our time together.
那是我最美好的回忆了.
What are you saying? You boosted this from David's safe?
你说什么? 你从大卫保险柜里搞的?
That... Frenchy, that's stealing.
那..可是偷啊.
Not exactly. Look, it's a long story, Ray.
不全是。 这故事长了.
Let's sell it, and I'll fill you in on the flight to Miami.
让我们卖了它,这样我就把送到去迈阿密的飞机上了。
- Sweet heart, you are the greatest. - Yeah.
-亲爱的,你是最伟大的。 -没错