百年酒馆 Horace and Pete 第1集: Episode1.1

上映日期: 2,016

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 喜剧

导演: 路易·C·K

演员: 路易·C·K / 史蒂夫·布西密 / 埃迪·法可 / 史蒂夫·赖特 / 阿伦·阿尔达 / 杰西卡·兰格 / 艾迪·布莱恩特 / Kurt Metzger / 丽贝卡·豪尔


台词
翻译: 墩子 O君 G Luna 平田
m 0 0 b 0 0 0 0 0 0 b 0 0 0 0 0 0 b 0 4 0 9 0 13 b 4 13 9 13 13 13 b 13 9 13 4 13 0
电波诚译
百年
第一季
第一集
酒馆
校对: 五里墩子不如xlx
后期: 怪查理
压制: 怪查理
What time is it?
几点了
Um, I'm gonna say, we got noon right now? 12:30
中午吧 十二点半左右
What is this?
这是什么玩意儿
- What? - This.
- 啥 - 就这个
Why is this like this?
为什么是这个样子
Uh, I'm not sure.
你在说什么
Well, you closed last night, so...
昨天是你打的烊 所以
Yeah, um... I don't know, who cares?
这个啊 我也不知道 无所谓
I'll clean it up.
我过一会收拾
I just don't-I don't know why
我就是搞不懂你为什么
you left a big pile of rags right there.
留了一大堆抹布在这
Uh, I had to close, and yeah,
昨晚要打烊 然后
so there's a pile of rags that I left,
嗯 我把这堆抹布忘了
and I'll clean it up before we open.
开门之前我就收拾干净
How's this a mystery?
有什么可好奇的
Pete, the place is always perfect every time you close,
Pete 每次你打烊吧台都一尘不染
so I thought you must have a reason.
所以 我觉得你肯定有个理由
- So, I didn't. - Okay.
- 所以 我没有 - 好吧
I must've just gotten tired last night and I didn't finish.
我肯定是昨晚累了 就没收拾完
Okay, Pete, you know, I don't really care.
好吧 Pete 我不在乎
I'm not-it's not like I'm judging you.
我又不是在怪你
Well, you are.
你就是在怪我
You know, I'm actually saying it's because
我的意思是
you're so good at your job, that's why I'm saying--
你每次都收拾得很干净 所以我才纳闷
Well, you know, it's like-it's like a pyramid of rags,
你懂吗 这玩意儿就像个抹布金字塔
it's like you decided to put a pyramid of rags here.
像是你故意在这搭了一个抹布金字塔
And you're really good at closing, that's why--
然后你每次打烊都很干净 所以我才
You know, you understand, that's like a compliment. I'm saying,
其实是在夸你 我的意思是
you're so good, why is that like that?
每次都很干净 为什么这次是这样
That's all.
没别的意思
Okay, I would rather you say
我宁愿你直接说
that I just fucked up, all right,
我搞砸了 懂吗
and that I didn't do my job well
直接说我没收拾好
than to infer that I would do something like this that-for a reason.
而不是推断我这么干是故意的
I don't like what that infers.
我不喜欢你的潜台词
Okay.
好吧
Well, uh, you did a shitty job of closing last night.
那好 呃 昨晚你打烊简直乱成一坨屎
Okay, thank you.
好 谢谢你
You want coffee?
你要咖啡吗
Yeah.
Thank you.
谢谢你
Hey, this is good. Why is this good?
这个挺好喝的 怎么突然变好喝了
I ordered some beans from the computer.
我从电脑上买了点咖啡豆
Yeah, I like it.
我挺喜欢的
What time is it?
几点了
It's like getting close to 1:00.
差不多快一点了
Hey, it's Dad. Can you please call me back?
嘿 是你老爸 能回我电话吗
Just trying to reach you. Okay, thanks.
只是想跟你说两句 谢了
What time are they coming today?
他们今天几点来
I don't know, around 5:00, I think.
五点左右吧 我记得
- Fuck. - I know.
- 操 - 我懂
Horace Horace?
Hi.
在楼下
Oh. Hey.
噢 嘿
I didn't know where you went.
我不知道你去哪了
I got out of the shower and you were just--
我洗完澡出来 你就
You were just gone and--
你就不在了
I was all around the apartment calling your name,
我到处叫你名字
but you just vanished.
都不见你人影
Well, I was down here, I was-I was opening up.
嗯 我在楼下 准备开门营业
Yeah. Hi Pete, good morning.
嗯 嗨 Pete 早上好
Hi, Rachel, good morning.
嗨 Rachel 早上好
- Come here. - Okay.
- 过来 - 嗯
- Hi. - Hi.
- 你好啊 - 你好
Okay, bye.
好了 拜
- Okay. - I will see you later tonight.
- 好 - 晚上见
Okay. Bye.
好 拜
Should I open you up?
要我把门打开吗
Yeah, just go ahead and leave it open,
嗯 开吧 不用关
we're open, so open it.
我们营业了 门开着就行
Thank you.
谢谢你
Bye.
Thanks.
谢了
It's one o'clock.
一点了
This is Headline News Update.
这里是
Hey, man. Can I get a coffee, black?
嘿 来杯黑咖啡
Here's our top stories that we're looking at for today.
我们今天关注的新闻是
Candidates are gearing up for the nation's first primaries
候选人们都在积极准备
and the caucus tomorrow night in Iowa.
明晚在爱荷华州举行的初选
- Donald Trump still leading the polls ahead of Ted Cruz. - Thanks.
- 民调显示Donald Trump仍然领先于Ted Cruz - 谢谢
At a rally today in Des Moines,
在得梅因市的一个集会上
Trump's supporters said that he is the man...
Trump支持者表示他是总统的最佳人选
- Trump, Jesus. - What?
- Trump 我的天 - 啥
Wait, why not Trump?
等等 Trump为什么不行
'Cause he's a... jerk.
因为他是个 混蛋
Drops out of the debates, and I don't know,
不参加辩论 怎么说呢
I think he'd ruin this country.
我觉得他毁了美国
Okay. So? Why not that?
嗯 所以呢 为什么不行
Like, what's so fucking great about this country?
美国有什么好的
Listen, man, if we vote for him,
如果他当选了
that just means we want to go down,
就说明我们不想混了
so let us go down.
那就不混了呗
Yeah, I guess.
嗯 也对
Hi, Marsha.
嗨 Marsha
Hey, Pete.
嘿 Pete
Yeah, listen, nothing lasts forever, man, you know?
嘿 天下没有不散的筵席
That's just how a democracy declines, right?
民主就是这么崩溃的 对吧
The populace degenerates
民众堕落
until they elect a guy like that and he just ruins what's left.
选个他这样的 然后被他毁个精光
I mean, we used to be great.
我们过去是很好
We used to be-have a great work force.
有好的劳动力
We used to be educated.
教育程度高
We used to pretend to be moral, right?
至少假装我们很有道德 对吧
Now everything's made in China by fucking babies.
现在所有东西都是中国婴儿制造
Everybody's stupid on purpose
大家都装傻
and nobody gives a shit about anything except consumer pleasures,
除了满足消费欲望什么都不关心
so why not Trump?
所以Trump为什么不行
Let's just get this shit over with.
早死早超生
That should be his slogan.
这应该成为他的竞选标语
"Trump, let's get this shit over with."
"Trump 早 死 早 超 生"
Hi, honey, um, I keep going to voicemail when I call you
嗨 亲爱的 我每次打你电话都转进语音信箱
and then you keep texting me,
你一直给我发短信
and I really don't want to text with you,
我真的不想用短信说
so can you please not text and-and pick up the phone, okay?
所以你能不发短信 接个电话吗 好不好
Thank you.
谢谢你
Jesus Christ.
我的天
Hey, Nick.
嘿 Nick
Hey, who do you got for the Super Bowl?
嘿 超级碗你支持谁
I don't know,
搞不清
I don't have a dog in the fight this year, you know?
我支持的球队没进决赛
So I guess it comes down to quarterbacks this year for me.
估计多半看四分卫吧
Kinda old school, versus new.
有点新老对抗的意思
I like Peyton Manning,
我喜欢佩顿曼宁
that's what a quarterback is supposed to look like,
四分卫就应该像他那样
you know, like a-like a senator
像个50年代
with a busted nose from the '50s.
被打断过鼻梁的参议员
Not a-I'm not a big Cam Newton fan.
我不太喜欢凯姆牛顿
Oh, Jesus.
噢 老天
Cam Newton, that fucking guy makes me nuts.
我简直受不了凯姆牛顿那个逼人
I mean, that--
他那张脸
Grinning like a monkey all the time,
什么时候都笑得像只猴子一样
jumping around, show boating.
跳来蹦去 卖弄炫耀
I mean, why is there no humility left in this sport, huh?
橄榄球里都没有谦逊这个词了
Yeah, but how can you tell that he's--
你怎么知道他在笑
that he's grinning with his-when he has his helmet on?
他不是带着头盔吗
- Well, you can see it. - She can't tell he's grinning.
- 能看见啊 - 她看不出来的
What the fuck-, what are you talking about?
我操 你放什么屁
You can see the grin a mile away.
一英里外都能看见他的蠢笑
All he does is grin.
他除了蠢笑还会干嘛
- Stop it. - Oh, shut up.
- 别说了 - 你闭嘴吧
You guys are just afraid
你们只不过是害怕
of an exuberant black man, that's all it is.
一个乐呵呵的黑人 没别的原因
Oh, got me pegged.
被你看穿了
I don't know, I like the Super Bowl.
我喜欢超级碗
You know, because of all the cheering and the--
欢呼呐喊啊
people get excited.
大家都变得很激动
- Leon. - Thanks, Pete.
- Leon - 谢了 Pete
Hello, Marsha, you need another one?
好啊 Marsha 再来一杯吗
Always.
当然
I'm not going if she's there.
她在我就不去
I think she's a dumb bitch.
我觉得她是蠢贱人
No, I'm at this bar.
没有 我在一个酒吧
I don't know, just having a drink.
随便喝点东西
Turn that off.
把那玩意儿关了
You want to make a telephone call, go over there.
要打电话去那边
Sorry, um...
对不起 额
can I have a double Jack?
给我一杯双手锤啤酒吗
Hey, Pete, um... listen, you know,
嘿 Pete 听我说
my sister's coming later with her lawyer to hash everything.
你知道我姐过会要带律师来谈事吧
Yeah, I know.
嗯 我知道
So I was thinking that maybe you shouldn't be here.
所以我觉得你不应该待在这
Why's that?
为什么
Because I--
因为当
sometimes, when there's a conflict, you can be--
一吵起来 你就变得
you can be kind of an asshole,
变得挺混蛋的
and I just don't want to deal with it.
我不想在中间劝架
Look, I'm not--
我不是
I'm not trying to insult you, I just--
我不是想让你难堪 我只是
You're not insulting me.
你没让我难堪
Okay, well, there's a lot at stake here.
好吧 谈的这个事很重要
Oh, yeah?
是吗
The whole place is at stake, Pete.
这整个地方都危在旦夕
- The whole place? - Yeah.
- 整个地方吗 - 对
- Hey, Horace. - Oh, fuck.
- 嘿 Horace - 噢 我操
First of all, fuck you, you dumb cocksucker.
首先 操你 你个傻逼
Maybe you're afraid of your fucking sister,
你他妈也许怕你姐
but I'm not afraid of your fucking sister.
但我他妈不怕你姐
All right, Pete.
够了 Pete
And I'll tell you what else, you miserable cunt.
我再告诉你点别的 你个悲催逼
Jesus Christ, man, all right.
我的天 你够了
No, you know what? I'll be here if I feel like it.
不 我告诉你 我想在这就在这
I mean, when did you start being the one to tell me
什么时候轮得着你告诉我
where to go and what to do, what to say?
去哪里 干什么 说什么
Jesus Christ, cocksucker.
我的天 你个傻逼
- All right, all right. - You know the thing with you, Horace?
- 够了 够了 - 你知道你是什么吗 Horace
You're not a cocksucker, you're a piss ant.
你不是个傻逼 你是只尿蚁
All right, do what you want.
够了 你爱咋咋地
- Oh, oh, oh... - You do what you want.
- 噢 噢 噢 - 爱咋咋地
- Walk away, walk away. - Yeah, I'm walking away.
- 走吧 走吧 - 嗯 我走了
Piss ant.
尿蚁
You know what a piss ant is--
你们知道尿蚁是什么吗
Leon, you know what a piss ant is?
Leon 你知道尿蚁是什么吗
I feel like I know.
感觉有印象
A piss ant is an insect that has no value,
尿蚁是一种毫无价值的虫子
but it smells like piss.
但是闻起来像尿
You know, at least a cocksucker can do something.
傻逼至少还能干点什么
Suck cock.
被人口爆
But a piss ant just sits there in the door jamb,
但是尿蚁只会坐在门边
smelling like piss.
散发尿味儿
I was wrong, I thought it was a kind of car.
我想错了 我还以为是辆车
Why'd you do that?
你干嘛去惹他
I was trying to make things easier.
我想让谈判的时候轻松一点
Well, it felt like you made things harder.
嗯 感觉上你搞得更难了
I mean, you had to know it was gonna go that way.
你知道他肯定会发飙的吧
Why'd you do it?
干嘛去惹他
- I didn't know. - How could you not know?
- 我不知道他会发飙啊 - 你怎么可能不知道
You walk up to Uncle Pete
你走到Pete叔面前
and say, "Don't come tonight because you're an asshole?"
然后说"晚上别来 因为你是个混蛋"
And then he says what? "Okay, Horace?"
你觉得他会说"好的 Horace"吗
I mean, it feels like you did that on purpose.
感觉你是"故意"这么干的
I-oh, you're saying this
我没 噢 你这么说
because of what I said about the rags.
是因为之前抹布的事
That's why you're giving me this shit now?
你现在报复我来了啊
How did I end up with a piss ant for a nephew?
我外甥怎么成了只尿蚁
I mean, his father, Horace VII,
他老爸Horace七世
he wasn't a piss ant, right, Marsha?
他可不是尿蚁 对吧 Marsha
I never heard him described that way.
从来没听过有人这么说他
Oh, but now get his piss ant son Horace telling me
噢 但是现在他的尿蚁儿子Horace
I gotta get lost because he's afraid of his sister
告诉我不能待在这 因为他怕他姐姐
coming over here with her Jew lawyer.
带着犹太律师来谈事情
Um, that's pretty racist.
额 你这话说的非常种族歧视啊
Um, racist is what you do, not what you say.
额 种族歧视是看你做了什么 不是看你说了什么
This place ain't racist.
这个酒吧可不搞种族歧视
We served coloreds here in the '30s.
30年代的时候我们这招待有色人
Oh, my God.
我的天
Yeah, nobody would serve boogies in those days.
对 那时候根本没人愿意招待穷黑人
I got a picture of a nigger sitting right there in that stool,
我有张黑鬼坐在这把椅子上的照片
in 1930.
1930年
You look at that and call me a racist.
事实如此 你再说我种族歧视试试
Ugh, God damn it, Jesus.
呃 该死 老天
Don't worry, he'll run himself down.
淡定 他过一会儿就好了
Fuck.
My father, Pete VI, he used to say,
我老爸 Pete六世 他以前总说
"If niggers drink beer, then we're all niggers."
"如果黑鬼喝啤酒 那我们都是黑鬼"
Racist, I'll give you fucking racist.
种族歧视 歧视个屁
That guy's a nightmare.
那家伙简直是个恶梦
Don't come in here, then.
那就别来这喝酒
How about I come in here
我来这喝酒
and he stops being a gross racist?
然后他不搞种族歧视怎么样
Why is that not an option?
为什么没有这个选项
What I would love is if you were to shut up.
你要是能闭嘴我简直求之不得
Oh, my God.
我的天
Hi, it's Dad, leaving you another message.
嗨 是你老爸 又给你留了条语音
Please don't text me.
请不要发短信给我
I am not gonna respond to your texts, okay?
我不会回你短信的 明白吗
So please call me on the phone.
所以请你打电话给我
I don't want to communicate with you that way, please.
我不想用短信跟你交流 求你了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Whoa!
What was that? What happened.
什么情况 发生啥了
Oh, uh, nothing, nothing, I'm sorry.
噢 呃 没事 没事 对不起
- You all right? - Yeah, I'm just...
- 你还好吧 - 嗯 我只
What does it mean that you're an assistant D.A.?
地方助理检察官是干什么
I never really knew what that meant.
我一直不知道
Well, the district attorney, Ken Thompson, he runs the office
地方检察官 Ken Thompson 他是负责人
and he directs what kinds of cases
他来选调查哪些案子
and what cases we bring to court,
以及哪些案子要上法庭
and assistant district attorneys like myself
地方助理检察官 比如说我
bring the cases to court.
带案子上法庭
How many assistant D.A.S are there?
有多少个地方助理检察官
In Brooklyn, about 800.
布鲁克林的话大概800个
Oh, that's weird.
噢 没想到
Why is that weird?
什么没想到
I don't know, that's weird, like, it seems like a lot?
没想到居然有这么多人
I thought it was an impressive thing,
我还以为是个很神气的工作
like, you're the D.A.'s assistant,
就像你是地方检察官的助理
but there's a bunch of you all doing the same thing.
但不过是一大堆人做一样的事
Hundreds of you. It's just not as--
几百个像你一样的人 就不是那
Yeah, it's not impressive, I didn't say it was.
嗯 是不神气 我没说这工作很重要
I know, I'm just saying,
我知道 我只是说
I thought it sounded like a big shot job.
听起来像是很牛逼的工作
No, I didn't say it was a big shot job,
我没说这是个牛逼的工作
I mean, you asked what I do, that's all.
你问我是干什么的 我实话告诉你而已
Yeah, but when you're talking about your job, you're saying,
是啊 可是你提起工作的时候 你的样子
"Like, you know, like, look at me."
就好像在说 "看看我"
"This is what I do, this is something special,"
"这就是我的工作 与众不同"
"Like, I'm the D.A.'s assistant."
"我是地方检察官的助理"
"You know, like, I work for the city,"
"我为这个城市工作"
"And I put away bad guys"
"把坏人抓起来"
"and it's just, you know, me and him."
"就只有我和他能够胜任"
But there's just, like, a bunch of you all
但是 你们有一大群人
doing the same thing.
做着同样的事情
Have you even ever met the D.A.?
你见过地方检察官没有
Uh, no, I haven't, all right?
没有 还没见过 行了吧
It's not impressive, I didn't say it was.
没什么神气的 我也没那个意思
It's just my job, that's all.
就是我的工作 仅此而已
But you have to figure that the D.A.
但你得明白 地区检察官
was once an assistant D.A., right?
曾经也是助理 对吧
And he worked his way up,
他是一路努力晋升上去的
so you can work your way up and then someday, right?
所以你也能努力工作 然后终有一日 对吧
Not really.
并不是
Why not? Why not really?
为什么 为什么不是
Well, because, when he was an A.D.A.,
因为他当助理的时候
he was probably in his late 20s,
他才二十几岁
and now he's still younger than me,
而且他现在也比我年轻
so I'm not going anywhere.
所以我没什么希望了
It's just a job, that's all.
只是个工作 就这样
So how old are you, anyways?
好吧 那你多大了
I'm almost 50.
快50了
So how come you're 50 and you're still doing that?
你怎么会50了还在做这个呢
Oh, my God. This is like a total dive bar.
我的天 这里感觉像是个老派酒吧
This place is amazing.
这里太棒了
Where are all these fucking people coming from?
这些傻逼从哪来的
Outside, I hope.
外面吧 我猜
Can I get, um, two vodka martinis?
能给我 呃 两杯伏特加马提尼吗
- No mixed drinks. - What?
- 没有混饮 - 什么
No mixed drinks.
没 有 混 饮
Beer, whiskey, gin, vodka.
啤酒 威士忌 金酒 伏特加
Oh, um...
哦 嗯
Hi, Alice.
嗨 Alice
Hi, Uncle Pete.
嗨 Pete叔叔
Is my dad around?
我爸在吗
Yeah, he's in the back trying to get you on the phone.
在 他还在后面试图让你接电话呢
I know. How are you?
我知道 你怎么样
I'm, uh... yeah, good. How's your mom?
我吧 还行 你妈怎么样
She's, you know.
她么 你懂的
Hey, I found some old pictures of you
对了 我找到一些你的旧照片
that I took when you were a baby.
你还是个婴儿的时候我拍的
- Oh, nice. - Yeah.
- 那挺好 - 是啊
I was just cleaning up my room
之前我在清理房间
and there's a lot of old stuff in there
有好多旧东西
and I found these old pictures of me
我找到了我自己的老照片
when I was, like, ten,
十岁左右的样子
and of you when you were a baby and--
和你婴儿时期的照片 还有
and some old black & white photos from,
一些黑白老照片
I don't know, way back when, that somebody took in the family.
很久以前 不知道家里谁拍的
And there's just--
那里有
there's just so much old stuff in there, you know?
有太多以前的东西了
Nice. You doing okay?
嗯 你还好吧
Yeah. Yeah, I'm great, yeah.
好 好得很
So nice to see you.
很高兴见到你
Yeah, we never see you anymore.
我们经常见不到你
You gonna-you gonna come by for Easter?
你会 会在复活节的时候过来吗
Um, I don't know.
我也不知道
Hadn't really thought about it, so.
还没仔细想过
Oh, all right, well, uh...
哦 好吧 好吧
it's nice to see you
很高兴见到你
and your dad's over there in the phone zone.
你爸还在电话区呢
Okay, thanks, Pete.
好的 谢了 Pete
Shit!
我日
Hi, Marsha.
嗨 Marsha
- Is that Alice? - Yeah, hi.
- 是Alice吗 - 对 嗨
Oh. Are you here to see your daddy?
你是来找你爸爸的吗
Yep.
Kiss.
亲亲
Oh, um... no, thank you.
还是不了 谢谢
Oh, you don't want to kiss your grandma?
你不想亲亲你奶奶吗
Well, you're not my grandma.
你不是我奶奶
You were my dad's dad's last girlfriend, so...
你是我爸爸的爸爸的最后一任女友
Well, that never stopped you before.
好吧 你以前不是这样的
I mean, you always used to kiss me.
你以前都会亲我的
Yeah, I think that was before
嗯 那是在
I figured out that I don't have to, so.
我发现我不是必须亲你之前
I never-I never really liked it.
我从来 从来都没有喜欢过这事
Wow. Huh?
That's really mean. That's really mean, Alice.
太刻薄了 真的太刻薄了 Alice
I didn't think you could be mean.
没想到你能这么刻薄
Sorry, Marsha, I'm not trying to be mean.
抱歉 Marsha 我不是故意的
Well...
好吧
You should try it sometime.
你哪天该故意地刻薄一下
You have an aptitude.
你很有天赋
Dad.
Oh, hey. Hi.
哦 嗨
I was just close by so I just came over.
我正好在附近 顺路来看看
Well... I just didn't--
我只是不想
I just didn't want to text with you,
只是不想跟你发短信
I wanted to talk on the phone.
我想在电话里谈
Yeah, I know, I know, I know.
我懂我懂我懂
Well, I'm here in person, so it's better, right?
现在我当面来了 不是更好吗
It's just, you could have called me,
你之前明明可以打给我的
it would have been okay for--
那现在早就好了
What do you want me to do, Dad?
你想让我怎么办 老爸
You want me to step outside and call you?
让我走出去打给你
Is that more in your comfort zone?
那样你才舒服吗
- No, it's okay. - Okay.
- 不 这样就行 - 好了
I'm sorry. Um... hey.
我很抱歉 嘿
Hi. You want to sit down?
坐下吧
Sure.
Is Pete okay?
Pete还好吧
Yeah, yeah, why?
好呀 怎么了
I don't know, just-he seems a little...
我也不知道 他看起来有点
Yeah, he's okay, he's all right.
他没事 他很好
Dad.
Hey, so, look, I just--
哦对了 我只是
I've just been trying to reach you because,
我想给你打电话是因为
I don't know, I feel like you're mad at me.
我觉得你在生我的气
- What? - Yeah, I feel like--
- 什么 - 我觉得
Yeah, I just-I get this feeling like--
我就是有这种感觉
like, we didn't have a fight or anything, but something--
虽然我们也没吵架什么的 但就是
It just feels like something happened that you're--
感觉就是发生了什么事 你
Like, did I-is there something that I--
是不是我 我做了什么
No, it's-I'm sorry, I'm--
别 我错了 我
I just, I-I feel a bad feeling between us.
我有种糟糕的感觉 关于我们俩的关系
Yeah, I-I just--
嗯 我只是
Do you want to get into this right now?
你确定现在就要谈这个吗
I'm just trying-I'm just saying that I--
我只是想说
I'm getting a feeling like something's wrong,
我觉得哪里不对劲
and so I'm coming out and saying something.
所以我想说出来
Isn't that-is that a bad thing?
这样不好吗
Yeah, yeah, it is, it's kinda shitty, Dad.
对 很糟糕 爸
- Whoa. - "Whoa" What?
- 喔 - "喔"什么
You asked the question, do you want to know the answer?
是你问的问题 你想知道答案吗
- What did I do? - Oh, my... fucking God.
- 我做什么了 - 他妈的
What?
怎么了
- You know- - Honey, I don't--
- 你知道 - 亲爱的 我没
No, it's like, you are not aware of anything, you know?
不 就好像你什么都不知道似的
You, like, look at a person's face,
你看着一个人的表情
and if they're smiling, you're fine,
如果他们微笑 你就觉得很好
and if they're not, then you're sad.
如果他们没笑 你就很难过
It-isn't that normal?
这不是正常的吗
Yeah, for a five-year-old, but you're 50, you know?
对一个五岁的小孩来说 是的 可你都50了
And there are reasons why I need some boundaries.
而且我划分界限是有理由的
I-Why? I don't understand.
为什么 我不明白
- I don't- - Okay.
- 不明白 - 好吧
Nothing happened. Did something happen?
什么事都没有 还是说发生了什么事
Okay. There's this tortoise and a frog.
好吧 有一只乌龟和一只青蛙
Is this like a joke or a story?
这是个笑话还是个故事
So, there's this tortoise and a frog
就是有一只乌龟和一只青蛙
and they live together in kind of, like--
他们住在一起 在一个
like a swamp, you know?
沼泽里 明白吗
And one day, the frog eats the tortoise's eggs.
有一天 青蛙吃了乌龟的蛋
- He eats his eggs? - Her eggs.
- 他吃了他的蛋 - 她的蛋
What does--
为什么
So she cooks some eggs and then he ate her breakfast.
所以是她煮了那些蛋 然后他吃了她的早饭
The tortoise laid eggs, the tortoise didn't--
那是乌龟下的蛋 乌龟不会
how would a tortoise cook eggs?
乌龟怎么煮蛋
I don't know, you're talking about them like they're people,
我也不知道 你说的就好像他们也是人类一样
so I don't understand what the rules are of this story.
所以我不明白这个故事的规律
Okay, so the tortoise laid eggs.
好吧 是乌龟下了蛋
- Okay. - That's how she has babies.
- 好吧 - 她是这样繁衍后代的
And you know, the tortoise, she protects her eggs.
于是乌龟 她保护她的蛋
Yeah.
And one day, the frog is hopping by
有一天 青蛙跳着经过
and it eats the tortoise's eggs.
吃了乌龟的蛋
- Shit. - Yeah, it's bad.
- 我日 - 对 很糟糕
And then the next day, the frog is hopping by
第二天 青蛙又跳过来
and it's her best friend...
他是她最好的朋友
and you know, the tortoise
然后 乌龟
is looking kind of pissed at the frog.
气冲冲地瞪着青蛙
And the frog says, "Why are you mad at me?"
然后青蛙说 "你干嘛生气啊"
Okay. I get it.
好吧 我懂了
- You know? - Yeah.
- 你懂了 - 嗯
Like, you are my dad, so I'm--
你是我爸 所以我
like, my brother won't even say your name and I'm trying.
我弟弟甚至都不提你的名字 而我还在努力尝试
You know, like, I like to see you,
我喜欢跟你见面
I like to come around, I like to have you in my tech cycle.
我喜欢晃到附近来 我也喜欢让你呆在我的朋友圈里
- Yeah. - But that's my choice.
- 是啊 - 但那是我的选择
And, like, you don't--
你对我来说
you don't make me smile,
不是什么高兴的事情
because of stuff that we both know about.
出于我们都知道的原因
So I don't know what you want me to say,
所以我不懂你想让我说什么
and I don't know what you want me to do.
也不知道你想让我怎么办
You want me to just smile so that you can feel good?
你想让我笑一笑 然后你自我感觉良好吗
It wouldn't kill you, would it?
笑一笑又不会要命
Yeah, it would, actually, I don't want to smile.
会的 说实话 我不想笑
I'm not gonna smile.
我不会笑的
That's because you're fat.
那是因为你胖
It's not your fault, Horace.
不怪你 Horace
I mean, she won't smile because you're unhappy, right?
她不笑是因为她不开心 对吧
I mean, you're unhappy because you're overweight.
而你不开心是因为你太胖了
Uh, thank you so much, Marsha, thanks.
非常感谢 Marsha 谢了
Yeah, you know, I mean, it's all right.
这都不是事
It's just--
只不过
you should smile for your daddy, don't blame him.
你应该为你爸爸笑一笑 不要责备他
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, could you--
Marsha Marsha Marsha 你能不能
- You're overweight. - Marsha, shut up, please.
- 你超重了 - Marsha 请你闭嘴
Hey, shut up. Hey, hey, hey.
别说了 别说了
Don't talk to her like that.
别这么跟她说话
- If you don't want to be fat- - She's calling my daughter fat.
- 如果你不想当个胖子 - 她说我女儿胖
Shut up! If you don't want to be fat--
闭嘴 如果你不想变胖
Well, look at her.
看看她
She's bigger around the middle than everybody else.
她腰围比所有人都大
Both of you, please-please shut up, both of you.
你们俩 拜托 拜托你们闭嘴 你们两个
Hey, Alice.
嘿 Alice
You know, your Aunt Reeny was fatter than you.
你的Reeny阿姨比你更胖
She loved life.
她热爱生活
- God damn it. - No, really, remember her?
- 卧槽了 - 讲真 还记得她吗
- Yeah. - She was a happy fat girl.
- 记得 - 她是个快乐的胖姑娘
I'm just saying, it's possible.
我只是想说 这是可能的
Okay. Okay, Pete.
好吧 好吧 Pete
And what about Cassie,
那Cassie怎么说
your daughter, my dad's cousin Cassie?
你的女儿 我爸的表妹Cassie
What about her?
她又怎么样
What is that supposed to mean?
你想说什么
What? You trying to make me feel bad
怎样 你想让我难过
because my daughter died?
因为我女儿去世了
I was trying to be nice to you.
我刚才是在安慰你
You should enjoy being a fat girl,
你该安心当个胖姑娘
it's not a bad thing.
这又不是坏事
- There. - Thank you.
- 行了 - 谢谢您了
This has been a very nice visit and a real joy.
我这次过来真是太开心太欢乐了
Okay, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
等等等等
Where-how-how-how are you doing?
你要 你最最最近怎么样
- What? - I mean, how are you?
- 什么 - 你怎么样
That's all I just want to ever say is how you doing?
我想说的就这一句 你怎么样
Are you okay? Have you been okay?
你还好吗 一直都好吗
I mean, no, not really.
不 并不好
You're not? What's going on? What's wrong?
不好吗 为什么 怎么了
- I'm losing my apartment. - Why?
- 我要没地方住了 - 为什么
Because I was paying my rent to my roommate
因为我把租金给了室友
and she wasn't paying the landlord, so...
但她没有交给房东
What was she doing with the-with the money?
她把那些钱用到哪去了
Just being a piece of shit.
她就是个人渣
- Well, what are you gonna do? - I don't know.
- 那你怎么办 - 不知道
I'm-and I have to start studying for the bar,
我还要应付律师考试
so I'm just-I'm fucked.
我完了
- Move in here with me. - No.
- 搬过来跟我一起住 - 不要
Why not? That's a great idea.
为什么不 这是个好主意
I have plenty of room upstairs.
楼上空着呢
- No. - I got rooms.
- 不要 - 我有好多房间
Dad, I'm not gonna live with you.
爸 我不会跟你住的
This is a solution to the problem.
这就是解决问题的方法
- I'm saying - No.
- 我说 - 不
I can-I can do that for you.
这是 这是我能为你做的
No, that's psychotic.
不 简直神经病
- Why? - Because.
- 为什么 - 因为所以
I'm not gonna live with you doing your whole thing.
我就是不会跟你住
It's Rachel. You don't like Rachel?
因为Rachel 你不喜欢Rachel
I mean... You don't like Rachel.
你不喜欢Rachel
That's not fair to her and that's not fair to me.
这对她对我都不公平
I'm just saying, if Rachel didn't live here,
我只是说 如果Rachel不住这里了
then you could move in with me.
那你可以搬过来跟我住
Oh, my fucking God, okay.
日了狗了
- Spend time together. - Jesus. Bye!
- 我们可以呆在一起 - 天哪 再见
Bye, everyone. Thank you.
再见 大家 谢谢了
Fuck.
This place is toxic.
这地方有毒
She's-she's like--
她 她就好像
she's got this wall between me and her.
在我们中间隔了堵墙
I don't know.
我不明白
I mean, I don't have kids, but it seems to be fundamental,
我没有孩子 但我觉得最基本的一点
you just need to make an effort.
就是你要做出努力
What effort am I not making?
我哪里不努力了
I just asked her to move in with me.
我还请她搬来跟我住呢
Well, that's a grand gesture, but isn't parenting more about,
那是帮了大忙 但父母关怀不止于此
you know, like, the everyday things?
还有 日常生活
Everyday. Small things, you--
每天的 各种小事
you take her to lunch, you listen to her.
带她去吃午饭 听她说话
One day at a time, you see what grows.
一天一天 你看看会发生什么
You know, Pete, you don't have kids, so maybe-you know?
Pete 你没有小孩 所以
All right, well, I'm just saying.
好吧 我随口说说的
You know, maybe don't.
不用说了
Horace Horace Horace Horace
- What? - Horace.
- 怎么了 - Horace
What?
怎么了
- What? - Oh, shit.
- 说啊 - 算了吧
Nothing, nothing. It was nothing.
没事没事 什么事都没有
Nothing?
没事
Pete, what is going on with you?
Pete 你怎么了
You're taking your Probitol, right?
你吃过药了吧
- Well, I ran out. - You ran out?
- 我用完了 - 你用完了
What do you mean you ran out?
什么叫你用完了
They changed my insurance again
他们又换了我的保险
and then they were supposed to send me new cards,
然后他们应该给我新卡
and they didn't, and I fucked up 'cause I didn't call.
但他们没给 我也搞砸了因为我没打电话
And that shit is $100 a pill without the insurance.
没有保险 那鬼东西一颗要一百美元
Yeah.
是啊
You're out? Are you out?
你用完了 你用完了吗
I got distracted last month
我上个月恍惚了
when it happened, and I was supposed to take care of it
出现幻觉的时候我应该马上去看病的
and I didn't and I-and then I--
但我没有 然后我 接着我
Now I'm less cognizant,
现在我有点意识不清
you know, but what I'm doing is I'm taking less pills.
我现在每次少吃一点
- Oh, no, no, no, no. - Just to spread it out.
- 不不不不 - 就能多撑几天
Pete, that doesn't work that way.
Pete 那样不行的
Well, I got-I got one left.
我还剩一颗
- That's it? - Yeah, so I'm just gonna wait.
- 就没了 - 是啊 所以我要等着
This is my last 12 hours of sanity.
这是我最后12小时的理智
Wait for what, Pete?
等什么啊 Pete
We have to take you to the doctor.
我们要带你去看医生
- No, no, no, no, no, no, no. - Why?
- 不不不 - 为什么
They take-if I go to a doctor,
他们会 如果我去看医生
I'm so full of symptoms,
我有那么多症状
he's gonna send me right back to the hospital, all right?
他又会把我送回医院 好吗
That I don't need, I'm just--
我才不想回去 我只是
Horace, it's--
Horace 只是
I feel like I'm, you know, dying here.
我觉得我要不行了
Like I'm slipping into the crazy land.
就像我在慢慢地疯掉
Well, Pete, we gotta take care of it,
Pete 我们会搞定它的
we just have to take care of it.
我们只需要搞定它
No, it's not your problem, it's my problem.
不 这不关你的问题 是我自己的问题
It's very much my problem
这就是我的问题
and it's gonna become more my problem, too, right?
你没药的话就更是我的问题了 懂吗
So give me your shit, what do you have?
把你乱七八糟的东西给我 你都有什么
You gotta get your paperwork and get me involved.
给我你的资料 让我了解一下情况
I have it, I-it's-this is the--
我有呢 这是
that's the old insurance company.
那是原先的保险公司
Okay.
好的
But they sold my policy
但是他们把我的保险单卖给别人了
to someone else and I don't know who to call.
我不知道该打给谁
I got it, I got it, okay?
我懂 我懂 好吗
All right. Shit.
好吧 日
- What the hell - Oh, my God.
- 什么鬼 - 我的天
This bar is so old, it's amazing.
这酒吧太旧了 好酷
Hey. Hi, can we get two Coronas?
嘿 可以给我们两瓶科罗娜吗
All right, all you people, out, now.
好了 你们两个人 出去 马上
Whoa, whoa, wait, what are you-what are you doing?
等等 你在 你在干嘛
There's too many people in here.
这里人太多了
There hasn't been this many people
这酒吧开了一百年
since the bar opened 100 years ago.
都没有过这么多人
Come on, bar's closing, let's go.
快点 酒吧打烊了 快走
No, no, no, no, no, you can't throw out our customers.
不不不 你不能赶走我们的客人
Hey, these aren't our customers,
这些不是我们的客人
these people want martinis and Coronas.
这些人要马丁尼和科罗娜
God damn it, Pete, what the fuck is wrong with you?
该死 Pete 你他妈是有什么毛病
What, what, do you think you can run this place without me?
怎么 怎么 你觉得没有我你可以经营这个酒吧吗
- You're not running it! - Get out!
- 你根本没有在经营 - 滚出去
Get out! Get-Get out, get out!
滚出去 滚 滚出去 滚出去
Pete. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, Pete!
Pete 喂喂喂 Pete
Get out!
滚出去
Hey, hey, hey... Hey, Pete!
嘿嘿嘿 Pete
- Get out! - What the fuck?
- 滚出去 - 搞什么鬼
Hey, take it easy! There's nobody there!
放松 那里没人
Pete Pete.
- Jesus Christ. - Shit.
- 天呐 - 日
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
抱歉 抱歉
- It's okay, it's okay. - No, it's not okay.
- 没事 没事 - 不 有事
What kind of a person acts like that?
什么人会这么做啊
He's off his medication.
他没药了
Well, put him in a cage or something for Christ's sake,
那把他关进笼子什么的 天呐
we got customers here.
我们还有客人呢
Man, that shit was intense.
天 那家伙简直疯了
What happened? What did you see?
怎么了 你看到什么了
It's a-like a snake-headed thing,
它像是一个有蛇头的东西
it wore horrible, big teeth.
它的牙齿又大又恐怖
Did you get rid of it?
你把它赶走了吗
Excuse me.
打扰了
Uh, is this really Horace & Pete?
这里真的是Horace和Pete酒吧吗
Yeah, this is Horace & Pete's.
是啊 这里是Horace和Pete酒吧
Well, I just can't believe that this place is still here.
我不敢相信它还在这
Is it still run by a Horace and a Pete?
它还是由叫Horace和Pete的人管理吗
Yes, I'm Horace, this is Pete.
是的 我是Horace 这是Pete
That's a previous Pete, Uncle Pete.
那是老Pete Pete叔叔
What, you used to come here or what?
干嘛 你过去常来这还是怎么
Yeah, I used to come here when I was a kid.
我小时候常来
My mother would send me here for a pail of beer for my dad.
我妈以前会让我来这给我爸买一桶酒
Yeah, we used to sell beer pails out the back.
嗯 我们以前在那后面有卖酒桶
Yeah, and I-I came here to get my first beer.
嗯 我在这里喝了自己的第一瓶啤酒
And I met my wife here.
也在这里遇到了我的妻子
She was sitting... in that stool.
她当时坐在那张凳子上
Yeah, and we were-we were married for years,
我们结婚很多年
and I-I was happy.
那时我很幸福
And then I heard that she was sleeping with my best friend.
后来我听说她和我最好的朋友上床了
And so I showed up here one night
然后有一天我来这里
and she was sitting in that stool, again,
看见她还是坐在那张凳子上
with my best friend kissing her,
和我的好朋友接吻
and I just shot them both dead.
我开枪打死了他们俩
That was back in 1961.
那是1961年的事了
I just got out of-got out of jail today.
我今天才出 出狱
Is that guy really there?
那人真的在那吗
Yeah, he's there.
是的 他是在那
Hey, you want a beer? You want a beer?
嘿 要杯啤酒吗 你要喝啤酒吗
Yeah.
What's the last one you had since 1961?
1961年起你喝的最后一杯是什么酒
幕间休息
*Horace and Pete*
*Horace和Pete*
Yes. Yes.
好 好
What-what are they saying?
他们说什 什么了
I'm on hold, he's not saying anything.
还在待机 他什么都没说
You okay?
你还好吗
No.
不好
Why don't you take the last one?
你干嘛不把最后一颗药吃了
Because, then, after that, I'm...
因为 那之后 我
- Okay. - I just want to wait.
- 好吧 - 我就是想等
All right.
好吧
They're gonna be here soon, we should get down there.
他们马上就会来 我们应该下楼
The accountant's already down there talking to Pete.
会计师已经在楼下和Pete谈了
Well, that's not good.
那不太妙
I know.
我知道
I'm telling you, we should get down there.
我告诉你 我们应该下楼
You're not going anywhere, I'll take care of it.
我们哪都不去 我会处理好的
Well, you're gonna need me down there, Horace.
你会需要我在楼下的 Horace
What's that?
那是什么
Yes, yes, please. Yes, okay.
是的是的 请说 是的好的
Uh, so can you-can you send the new cards?
所以你能 你能寄来新的保险卡吗
'Cause that's the whole thing is that we need the cards.
因为整件事就是我们需要保险卡
You conservatives are trying to find something
你们保守派老想
in Hillary's e-mails because
在希拉里的邮件里面找到什么
you have nothing real to say about her.
因为你们没有她的把柄
You're incapable of a real debate.
没法辩论
Yeah, well, the problem with you liberals,
你们自由派的问题就是
you think you're the good guys, you think that gives you a pass
你们觉得你们是好人 你们认为这给了你们
to do random criminal acts, you know?
随意犯罪的权利
Ooh, I-I saved an owl, now I can go kill a baby.
噢 我救了一只猫头鹰 现在我可以杀一个婴儿了
That seems like-you must know that's not true.
那看起来 你知道不是这样的
It's kind of an interesting thing,
你们定义你们自己和对方的方式
the way you guys define yourselves and each other.
很有趣
Liberal, conservative.
自由派 保守派
How would you define a liberal?
你怎么定义自由派
Like, to you, what is a liberal?
对你来说 自由派是什么样的
Just P.C., fucking fake, animal rights,
就政治正确 满嘴胡话 动物权利
and gay agenda, always pushing the liberal agenda.
还有基佬议程 老是搞自由议程
They hate Christians and they hate white men.
他们憎恶基督教徒 他们憎恶白人
You know why? 'Cause they don't think it through.
知道为什么吗 因为他们想都不想
And they think they're better than everyone else
自认为他们比谁都厉害
and that they should tell everyone else how to think.
他们应该告诉每个人如何思考
They're just fucking assholes.
他们就是群混账
Okay. How would you define a conservative?
好的 你怎么定义保守派呢
Uh, just Jesus everything and they hate gay people
什么都要扯到上帝 讨厌同性恋
and racist but pretending they're not,
和种族主义者 假装他们自己不是
and they're selfish and they only care about money
他们自私又拜金
and they think everyone
他们认为每个人
has to do their conservative Christian shit.
都得遵从他们保守的狗屁基督教作风
See, the fact that you
看 事实就是
start out by seeing each other like that,
你们一开始就看低对方
I mean, how could you possibly ever respect each other
你们怎么可能尊重对方
or agree on anything?
或者达成什么共识
Yeah, well, they do that, I don't.
他们那样 我可没有
You just said you do.
你明明就是
You just described us with a string of insults.
你那样描述我们 简直就是一连串的侮辱
Just like you did. Yeah--
你也这么做了
Okay, okay, okay. This is getting interesting.
好了好了 这变得有趣了
Now, you, define conservative.
现在 你 定义保守派
Conservative means values.
保守派代表价值观
Having values and sticking to 'em
有正确的价值观并忠于它
and defending what's right and not just saying
维护对的事 而不是
what somebody said is right that year, you know what I mean?
某人某年是对的 懂我的意思吗
There's-there's things in this world that are right and wrong
世界上的事都分对错
and always have been.
而且保持对错不变
And you have to respect where this country came from,
你要尊重这个国家的出发点
and you have to hold on to that.
不能随意改变它
And the fact that country and God and life,
国家 上帝 生命
those are all sacred things.
那都是神圣的东西
And people should respect each other,
人们应该互相尊重
and government is there to facilitate, all right?
政府是用来帮助大家的
It's not there to control people.
而不是控制大家的
And the way you get the best out of people
让社会变好的方法
is to make room for their strengths,
是为人们的优点提供空间
not by overcompensating for their weaknesses.
而不是补偿他们的缺点
Well, that sounds reasonable.
听起来很合理啊
That sounds like something most people can respect, right?
大多数人都会尊重这观点 对吧
Yeah. Now, define liberal.
好 现在 定义自由派
Just being open to things outside yourself,
就是乐于接受你自己以外的事物
having your eyes open and thinking about others,
思想开明 为他人着想
and being aware that our planet is precious
意识到地球很珍贵
and we're responsible for that.
我们要对此负责
And people need to listen to each other.
人们要相互倾听
And be decent and tolerant and that a diverse community
作风得体 相互包容
is a strong community.
多元化的团体是强大的团体
And sometimes the little guy needs a hand.
有时候弱小的人需要帮助
And we're a strong enough country to do that,
我们的国家足够强大 可以提供帮助
and so we should.
我们也应该提供帮助
Okay, how's that sound?
听起来怎么样
Sometimes, yeah. Yeah, okay.
有时候 是 是 好吧
Yeah? So, if you start by taking his definition of himself
是吧 所以如果你站在他的立场
and he starts with your definition of you,
他站在你的立场
don't you stand a better chance,
你们不就更有可能
have a better shot at getting to some sort of consensus?
达到某种共识吗
Who said they want that?
谁说他们想达成共识了
Well, that's another thing.
那就是另一回事了
They're not trying to reach an agreement.
他们并不想达成共识
This is fucking sports.
只能他妈有一个赢家
Hillary Clinton is a cunt, and I'm a liberal.
希拉里克林顿是个贱逼 我是自由派
Look, do you know how lucky we are to live in this country?
听着 你知道我们活在这个国家有多幸运吗
You think this conversation is happening in a bar
你以为我们的对话可以发生在
in any other country?
任何国家的酒吧吗
God, I hope not.
天呐 我希望别
Give me a fucking break.
别他妈逗我了
This country is not that great.
这国家没那么好
It's not even a democracy anymore.
它甚至都不再民主了
Then go live in Afghanistan, you got the fucking beard for it.
那你快去阿富汗 你的胡子正他妈适合那里
You know what the sad thing is?
你们知道最可悲的是什么吗
This country has such potential.
这个国家很有潜力
It's not a democracy, you're right.
你说的没错 它不民主
But it could be, tomorrow.
但它可以变得民主 就明天
If the people woke up, they could change the whole thing.
如果人们都醒悟 他们可以改变整个国家
The whole system's set up and waiting.
整个体系都构建好了 都等着呢
It's just sitting there like exercise equipment,
就像健身器械一样在那
waiting to be touched while your fat ass watches TV.
等着你碰它 而你个死胖子却坐着看电视
If everybody woke up tomorrow
如果明天每个人都醒悟
and said, "We're not gonna spend another fucking dollar
然后说"我们不会再他妈花一分钱
"Or cast another vote or fight another bullshit war
投一次票 或来一场扯淡的战争
until we get our fair share," That shit would change tomorrow.
除非我们得到自己应得的那一份" 这国家立马就会改变
But it fucking won't, and the framers knew this.
但它并不会 构建体系的人也知道这点
That's the sick part.
这就是恶心的地方
They were sitting in their little room with their buckled shoes.
他们穿着带扣皮鞋坐在小屋子里
带扣鞋 十七世纪开始流行的一种鞋子
And one of them, probably Jefferson,
他们的其中一位 可能是杰弗逊
托马斯·杰弗逊 美国第三任总统
because he had the clearest head
因为他脑子最清楚
from blowing all his jizz on slave faces,
从朝奴隶脸上射精得到灵感
said, "Hey, the way to control these people
说 "控制这些人的方法
"Is not to suppress them.
不是压制他们
That doesn't work anymore."
那不顶用"
That's right, that's what history shows us.
是的 这就是历史告诉我们的
克伦威尔 英国政治家 军事家 宗教领袖
Look at the French. Look at Cromwell.
看看法国 看看克伦威尔
They knew that every time you give the control to the people,
他们知道 每当你把控制权交给人们
all of the control, they don't want it,
全部的控制权 他们都不想要
they give it right back.
他们都把它还回来
- Because they're fucking sheep. - Those are Frenchmen.
- 因为他们都他妈是群胆小鬼 - 那是法国人
The reason the few and the rich control all the power
所有权力都掌握在少数有钱人手里
is because the many poor and stupid let them.
就是因为很多又穷又蠢的人让他们这么干
They're too afraid to try to succeed at anything,
他们害怕成功的代价
they want to dream about rich people and never be one.
他们梦想着有钱 却从不成为有钱人
It's pathetic.
真是可悲
And then you sit here
然后你们坐在这
doing your little "Punch and Judy" Puppet show,
上演着"潘趣与朱迪"木偶秀
潘趣与朱迪 英国传统滑稽木偶戏
as if it matters if you're a liberal and you're a conservative.
一副你是自由派 你是保守派很重要的样子
You're both suckers.
你们就是两蠢货
Sheep suckers!
致胆小的蠢货
- There you go. - Sheep suckers!
- 你说对了 - 致胆小的蠢货
Sheep suckers. Sheep suckers.
致胆小的蠢货 致胆小的蠢货
Oh, she's my favorite.
我最爱她了
Hey, I'm Horace.
嘿 我是Horace
Um, you need some information?
你需要了解些信息吗
Yeah, actually, I'm having trouble finding,
嗯我很难在这些簿子上
really, any information in these books.
发现任何信息
Okay, well, what do you need to know?
好吧 你想知道什么
Okay, well, what do you pay your employees?
你员工的薪水是多少
I mean, we don't have a waitress or anything, we just have--
我们没有服务员什么的 我们只有
You know, he's the bartender.
他是个酒保
Okay, what's his salary per week?
好的 他每周的工资多少
I don't know. I mean, it's whatever he takes.
我不知道 他拿多少是多少
- Takes? - Yeah, he just goes--
- 拿 - 是啊 他只要去
He takes out of the register at the end of the day,
他在每天结束的时候拿出账本
he keeps what he needs and then he takes the rest to the bank.
把要用的拿起来 剩下的存银行
Okay. How much did he take this week?
好吧 他这周拿了多少
I don't know.
我不知道
- Excuse me. - Excuse you what?
- 打扰一下 - 打扰什么
I've just been informed that you help yourself
我刚才了解到
to the company profits at your own discretion.
你们自己决定拿多少酒吧收益
So would you mind telling
所以你介意告诉我
me how much you paid yourself this week?
你这周拿了多少吗
Yes, I would mind, very much.
是的 我介意 非常介意
Okay, well, I need to know.
好吧 但我需要知道
No, you don't.
不 你不需要
Look, I was sent here to examine the--
我是被派到这里来调查
Yeah, yeah, you were sent here.
是啊 你是被派来的
yeah, you were sent here. I didn't send for you.
我又没请你来
You have no right to come in here
你没有权利就这样走进来
and ask me these personal questions.
然后开始盘问我这些私人问题
Except it's not a personal question.
但这不是私人问题
Oh, no, it's not?
哦 这还不算私人问题吗
You're asking me how much money I have.
你可是在问我有多少收入呢
How about I ask you if you like to fuck little boys?
如果我问你你喜不喜欢操小男孩呢
See? See what that feels like?
这下你该知道那是什么感觉了吧
Okay.
好吧
So your bartender's salary is undeterminable.
看来你家酒保的收入是无法得知了
Yeah, yeah, I would say that.
是啊 我也这么认为
And how do you justify that?
那你怎么证明他有合理收入呢
Well, the lights are on
你看 这里的灯都还亮着
and the place has been open for 100 years.
这家店已经有100年历史了
Got it.
明白了
Okay, also, I've noticed a strange discrepancy
我还注意到你的库存和销货帐目之间
in your inventory and sales ledger.
有一点奇怪的矛盾
You can see here, it shows that you buy
你看 这里写着你每个月
a case of Johnny Walker Black per month
只进货一箱尊尼获加黑牌威士忌
and that you sell two cases per month.
但却能卖出两箱
Okay, and that same thing
而且这还不是销存账目里唯一的错误
holds true of every liquor that you sell.
你店里卖的所有酒都有这个问题
Can you explain that?
你能解释下这是怎么回事吗
Yeah, I can, but-but I don't want to.
我能解释 但 但我不想
Why is that?
为什么
'Cause it's not a good explanation.
因为这不是个好理由
Do you want me to say it for you?
你想让我替你说出来吗
Because I think we both know what we're talking about.
因为我认为咱俩都知道答案是什么
- Yeah, sure. - You're watering down the liquor.
- 当然 - 你往酒里兑水了
- Yeah. - By 50%.
- 是的 - 兑了一半的水
Yeah.
是的
That's indefensible.
这是无法辩解的
That's why I didn't want to say it.
这也是我不想说的原因
- Why would you do that? - Why?
- 你为什么要这样做呢 - 这还要问为什么
Because you make twice the money.
因为这样能赚两倍的钱啊
What's wrong with this guy?
这人脑子有病吗
How can you do that to your customers?
你怎么能这样对客人呢
Do you know what would happen if we served unwatered whiskey
你知道如果给那些无赖们没兑水的威士忌
to these rummies?
会发生什么事吗
Half of them would have been dead years ago.
那样他们中一半的人估计早就死了
These aren't customers. They're alcoholics.
他们不是客人 他们是酒鬼
Sir, that is a deception.
先生 这是欺诈行为
Oh. That is a terrible deception.
非常糟糕的欺诈行为
Oh, all right, look, everybody listen up.
哦 好吧 大家听好了
Get out of the way.
你让开
Listen up.
听着
Just want to let you know,
我只是想告诉你们
we've been watering down your drinks,
我们一直在往酒里兑水
for years, for 100 years.
已经这么干了有100年
So when you get a shot,
所以当你们拿到一杯酒
it's about half booze, half water.
里面有一半都是水
Anybody have a problem with that?
有人有意见吗
I knew it. You fuckers.
我早就知道了 你们这些混蛋
This place is so awesome.
这家店可真了不起
Have a good day now, okay?
祝你开心 再见
Okay, everybody, listen, we need to close up early.
好了 大家听着 我们今天要早点关门了
- Shit! - Everybody's got to go.
- 见鬼 - 大家都走吧
- You all gotta go, now. - Why are they closing?
- 快走 快 - 他们为什么要关门
See you, Leon.
再见 Leon
Have a good one.
玩得开心
So, um, want to get a six-pack, go back to my apartment?
你想去我家 再喝几瓶啤酒吗
You want me to?
你想让我去吗
You want to?
你想去吗
Marsha, stick around.
Marsha 你留下
Why should she stick around?
为什么要她留下
Because this concerns her.
因为这事和她有关
Concerns her how?
和她有什么关系
Stick around, Marsha.
留下 Marsha
Hello, Sylvia.
你好 Sylvia
You're not gonna say anything.
你不打算说点什么吗
What's, this some kind of game?
干嘛 你在玩看谁先开口的游戏吗
No, I have nothing to say to you.
不 我没有什么要对你说的
Not even hello?
连句你好都不说吗
- No, especially not hello. - Not hello.
- 是的 尤其是你好 - 不说你好
You're a mess.
你真是个混蛋
- Hi, how are you? - I'm good.
- 你好吗 - 我很好
Are you okay?
你还好吗
I'm all right. Good.
- 我很好 - 那就好
- You doing all right? - Yeah, you know.
- 你过得还好吗 - 是的
Fine, fine.
挺好的
You taking care of yourself?
你能照顾好自己吗
Yeah. Mostly.
嗯 还行吧
How is Rachel? She still living with you?
Rachel怎么样 她还和你住一起吗
- Yeah. - Good.
- 是的 - 挺好
Still.
还是和我住一起
Did you take care of the urinary tract thing
你去医院看你的尿道问题了吗
or did you just sort of ride it out?
还是说它已经好了
- Sylvia, yes, it's fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. - All right.
- Sylvia 是的 我已经好了 - 好吧
You doing all right?
你还好吗
- Yeah. - You all right?
- 是的 - 真的吗
Yeah, you know.
是的
Kids go back to school in a couple of weeks,
孩子们再过几个星期就要回学校了
Franklin's been hanging around my house all summer
Franklin在我家附近转了整整一个夏天
with his loser friends.
和他那些衰人朋友一起
I swear to God, I pay that school 26 grand a year
我发誓 我每年交两万六给那学校
just to keep him away from me.
就是想让他离我远点
Hey, Pete, come on down.
Pete 下来一下
No, no, no, no, no, hey, hey, let him rest,
不不不 让他休息
he can't-just, he needs--
他不能 他需要
This is a family meeting.
这可是家庭会议
He's the reigning Pete, he's got to be present.
他是当家的Pete 他必须在场
No, this is not a family meeting,
不 这不是家庭会议
this is a courtesy meeting before I bring legal action.
这只是我采取法律手段之前的礼节性会面
So why is she here?
那为什么她在这儿
She?
哪个她
- I said, she stays, too. - Oh, she.
- 我说了 她留下 - 哦 原来是我
What, because she was the last person our dad
为什么 就因为她是我爸爸死前
was fucking before he died?
上过的最后一个女人吗
That doesn't make her family, Pete.
她不能因为这个就变成我们家的人 Pete
Fucking is how you make family.
家庭是通过性交构建的
Oh, Christ almighty.
哦 老天
Now, what's this? This your legal action here?
这又是唱的哪一出 这就是你的法律手段
Yes, this is Randall. Randall-Randall is representing me.
是的 这是Randall 他是我的法律代理人
Hello, nice to meet you all.
你们好 很高兴见到你们
I hope we can resolve this amicably.
希望我们能愉快地解决这个问题
This is your representation? This is your lawyer?
他是你的法律代理人 你的律师
- Yes. - Randall?
- 是的 - 叫Randall
Hello, Randall.
你好 Randall
Come on, Pete, stop with that.
行了 Pete 别这样
What? He's a sissy.
干嘛 他就是个娘娘腔
Come on, it's 2016.
行了 现在都2016年了
Not for him, it isn't. Cro-Magnon idiot.
对他来说可不是 他个白痴原始人
Don't bother, Sylvia.
没关系 Sylvia
No, his homophobic bullshit is unacceptable.
不 他那些恐同的屁话太过分了
Well, I wouldn't have gotten very far as a lawyer in New York
作为一个律师 如果我连这些话都受不了
if I didn't accept it.
我也不可能在纽约发展得那么好
At least I don't have to put up with it every day like he does.
至少我不用像他一样每天都得忍受这些
- Hey, Pete. - Pete, hi.
- 嗨 Pete - Pete 你好
Hi, Sylvia.
你好 Sylvia
He ran out of Probitol.
他的Probitol吃完了
He what? How-how could you let that happen?
什么 你怎么能让他断药呢
I didn't let it happen.
那不是我的错
So what the hell's wrong with you, anyway?
所以你到底有什么事
What, you get cuckoo if you don't have a pill?
怎么 你没药吃就会发疯吗
Pete, Pete, he has a mental condition.
Pete 他的精神状况出了点问题
No, come on, he's just agitated, that's all.
得了吧 他就是有点焦虑而已
So what? You calm down.
有什么大不了的 冷静下来不就好了
You know, you feel something strange coming on
当你感觉不好的时候
you just-you calm down.
冷静下来不就好了
What the hell do you need a pill for?
还吃什么药
Listen, I would really like to get started
听着 我真的很想现在开始谈我们的事
because we have a bit of ground to cover.
因为这些内容可有点多呢
From my read of things,
就我看到的这些内容来说
this case covers a common law issue
本案是一个习惯法问题
regarding Sylvia and her brothers,
它涉及Sylvia和她的兄弟们
involving this bar,
关于他们从一年前去世的父亲手里
which they inherited from their father when he died a year ago.
继承的这间酒吧的归属问题
That's not what happened, that's not the way this works.
这可不行 这事不能这么干
You know, you have no business being here.
这事轮不到你管
Pete, please, don't start with the-the nonsense about
Pete 拜托 别这样 别扯什么
the Horace & Pete lineage
Horace和Pete世家的鬼话了
this is not "Game of Thrones."
我们又不是在演
Okay, Mister--
好吧 你是
- It's Uncle Pete. - Okay.
- 他是Pete叔叔 - 好的
If my notes are correct,
如果我的笔记没错的话
you were Horace Sr.'s first cousin?
你是老Horace的同辈表亲
Which really gives you no role here.
那么你对这事没有发言权
Hey, screw you, Randall.
去你的 Randall
He was Horace and I was Pete
他们爸爸是Horace 我是Pete
and now he's gone and that makes me Uncle Pete
现在他死了 我就是他们的Pete叔叔
and these two now are Horace and Pete.
现在这俩是小Horace和小Pete
All right, we're not gonna do this,
好吧 我们别说这些了
okay, 'cause this is old bullshit malarkey.
这些只是老套的胡说八道罢了
This is how it's been done for 100 years!
这可是延续了100年的家族关系
100 years!
整整100年啊
Please just a minute here.
好了 大家请听我说
Let's just get the facts clear first.
首先 让我们来澄清一些事实
Horace & Pete, this bar,
这间Horace和Pete酒吧
previously owned by Horace Wittel,
之前归Horace Wittel所有
deceased one year ago today.
然而他在一年前的今天去世了
Really?
是吗
Yeah, it's not a coincidence.
是的 这不是巧合
- Go ahead. - Okay.
- 继续 - 好的
Mr. Wittel, having left no will on record,
Wittel先生没有留下记录在案的遗嘱
common law is applied,
因而习惯法生效
leaving care and ownership to his children,
这间酒吧的所有权由他的子女
Horace Wittel VIII and Sylvia Wittel.
Horace Wittel八世和Sylvia Wittel继承
None of that's true.
胡说八道
Hey, can we let him finish, please?
让他说完 好吗
He didn't leave it to her,
他没有把酒吧留给她
he left it to Horace and Pete.
他把它留给了Horace和Pete
Okay, common law says that he left it
习惯法默认 他去世后
to all of his children equally, by default,
这间酒吧由他的子女平分
and that after a year,
并且这一年以来
because these two have let the business steadily decline,
因为他们两个让店里生意持续下滑
I as a partner have a right to take over control
我作为合伙人有权利来接管生意
of the business to dissolve it.
并解除他们的合作关系
This bar belongs to Horace and Pete.
这间酒吧属于Horace和Pete
Marsha here gets a cut
Marsha有一份分红
when business is good, I get my cut.
生意好的话 我也有分红
No, no, not anymore.
不 再也不会这样了
And Sylvia, if you want a share of this,
Sylvia 如果你想来分一杯羹
then I suggest you get knocked up,
那么我建议你去把肚子搞大
if any man will have you,
如果有男人愿意要你的话
and then give birth to a son and call him Horace,
然后生个叫Horace的儿子
because you're not gonna get anything bringing this fag in here.
带这个基佬来 你可拿不到什么东西
Holy shit.
见鬼
No offense, Randall.
无意冒犯哦 Randall
- Peter - No, no, just a minute, Sylvia.
- Peter - 不 等等 Sylvia
This is what you brought me here for.
这就是你带我来的原因
Okay.
那么
So tell me, Peter...
告诉我 Peter
Tell me what you know that I don't.
告诉我那些我不知道的事吧
Because, like you said, Horace VII left no will,
因为 如你所说 Horace七世没有留下遗嘱
because we don't use wills, we don't leave wills.
那是因为我们不用遗嘱 所以我们不留遗嘱
We have traditions.
我们有我们的传统
Okay, Pete, none of this means anything.
Pete 这些都没有意义
No, I want to hear this.
不 我想听听
Go ahead, tell him. Tell him all the whole thing.
继续 告诉他 告诉他整件事的来龙去脉吧
Horace & Pete's was opened in 1916--
Horace和Pete酒吧于1916年开业
Oh, for fuck's sake.
我操
- I'm telling the story. - Go ahead, tell it.
- 我在讲那个故事 - 行 你继续讲
Hey, I have a story.
我有件事要说
I'll tell it.
我来说吧
Come over here. Come here.
过来 都过来
Do you drink?
你喝酒吗
Sure.
当然
Take a taste of that.
尝尝这个
Wow, that's wonderful.
哇 这可真棒
That's because it's 100 years old.
因为它有100年历史
That, my Miss Randall,
它 我的Randall小姐
was the first bottle of whiskey ever purchased for this place.
是这家店买的第一瓶威士忌
I mean, that is the most incredible whiskey I've ever tasted.
这是我喝过的最棒的威士忌了
I've never tasted anything like that.
我从没喝过任何像这样的酒
It's like... drinking time.
就像 在品味时光
This bottle was bought by Horace Wittel.
这是Horace Wittel买的
Wittel, Horace Wittel.
这个姓Wittel 叫Horace Wittel的人
And in 1916, he started this place
在1916年开了这间酒吧
and operated it with his brother, Pete.
和他的兄弟Pete一起经营它
Now, in the meantime,
在那期间
Horace had a son named Horace
Horace有了一个叫Horace的儿子
and Pete had a son named Pete.
Pete也有了一个叫Pete的儿子
And when they died,
他们死后
those Horace and Pete inherited the place and they ran it
他们的儿子 作为新的Horace和Pete
as the new Horace and Pete.
继承了这家店并一起经营它
And it's been like that, passing down
从那时开始
from generation to generation ever since then.
这家店就这样代代相传
Always in the family,
一直在家族内部
always owned by a Horace
一直由Horace所有
and operated in partnership with a Pete.
并和Pete合伙经营
Sometimes they were brothers,
有时他们是兄弟
sometimes they were cousins.
有时他们是表亲
Me and my cousin Horace owned this place
我和我表亲Horace共同拥有这间酒吧
until he died a year ago today.
直到一年前的今天他去世
And then it was passed on to this worthless fuck Horace
然后它被这个没用的Horace
and his worthless fuck cousin Pete.
和他没用的表亲Pete继承
- So... - What?
- 所以 - 你说什么
What?
怎么
- You said cousin. - So?
- 你说表亲 - 怎么了
We're not cousins, we're brothers.
我们不是表亲 我们是兄弟
- No, you're not, stupid. - No, Pete, our brother Pete.
- 不 你们不是 蠢货 - 不 Pete是我们的兄弟
No, he's not.
不 他不是
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Horace wasn't your father.
Horace不是你的父亲
Yes, he was.
是的 他是
No, he was--
不 他是
He was my kid.
他是我的孩子
I don't like kids.
我不喜欢小孩
So I put him in with Horace's, that's all.
所以我把他过继给Horace了 就是这样
Are you fucking serious?
你他妈是认真的吗
What? It's not serious. It's what is.
怎么了 这没什么认不认真的 事实就是如此
Wait a minute.
等等
So who's his mother?
那么谁是他母亲
Never mind that. That-that's none of your business.
别管那个 那和你们没关系
No, I kinda think it is, Pete.
不 我觉得很有关系 Pete
Oh, okay, all right, she had him and she died
好吧 她怀上了他 然后死了
and then I have him over to Horace when Sylvia was two.
在Sylvia两岁的时候我把他交给了Horace
You're not-you're not kidding.
你没在开玩笑吗
This is-this is true? So you gave up your son?
这是真的吗 你就这样把你儿子送人了
I don't like kids.
我不喜欢小孩
And then you married Aunt Dorothy and had--
然后你和Dorothy阿姨结了婚 又有了
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever.
是的 是的 随便吧
Look, that's not the story here.
这些不是我要说的
This is the story here, let me tell the fucking story!
让我讲完那个故事
Dad?
Oh, don't start that shit now, I'm not your father.
哦 别这样好吗 我不是你爸
I'm Uncle Pete.
我是你Pete叔叔
Just keep things the way they are.
我们就像原来那样
Uncle Pete, that's it.
我就是你的Pete叔叔
Oh, my God, wow.
我的天哪 惊了
Wow.
天哪
This is the best whiskey in the world.
这是全天下最好的威士忌
I mean, wow.
天哪
This faggot likes whiskey.
看来这基佬喜欢威士忌
That's why when mom left and moved to Manhattan,
这就是为什么妈妈搬家去曼哈顿的时候
she only took you two, not me, because she's not my mom.
只带了你俩没带我 因为她根本就不是我妈
Yeah, you'll catch on real quick.
得了 你马上就会想明白了
Oh, my God.
我的天哪
Look, I kept you in the family, didn't I?
我好歹把你留在这个家里了
You're Pete.
你是Pete
You're the new Pete of this new generation.
你是你这代的新Pete
That means you own this bar along with Horace
这就意味着这个酒吧属于你和Horace
and you can do with it whatever you want.
你可以随意处置这个酒吧
None of this is written down or documented anywhere.
你刚才说的这些都没有文字形式的记录
It has absolutely no basis in law.
法律上说不过去的
It is fucking madness.
这都是瞎鸡巴扯
This place belongs to me and Horace,
我和Horace才是这个酒吧的主人
through basic common law, okay?
有习惯法保障的 好吗
- Randall, please? - That's right.
- Randall帮我说两句 - 没错
- Common law. - Common law.
- 习惯法是吧 - 没错
Common law. Okay, now, look, I'm not--
习惯法 听我说 我不是
I'm not an educated guy or anything,
我也不是个文化人什么的
but it seems to me that common law
但在我看来 习惯法
is when there's nothing written down, right?
就是在没有任何文字形式记录的情况下
Like there's no will, right?
比如说没有遗嘱
And that's when you go
这时人们就会去寻求
to a generally agreed upon principle of law,
一个大家都基本认同的法律准则
is that-is that right?
我说的对吧
Yeah, pretty close.
差不多是这个意思吧
So what about our family law?
那我们的家法呢
What about-what about our common law?
那我们自己家里的习惯法算什么
What do you mean?
你什么意思
This family, this establishment has a tradition,
这个屋檐底下的家有一个传统
it has a history,
有一段历史
it has bylaws that have been followed by the letter
有一些大家都严格遵循的内规
for a 100 years.
已经有100年了
You're gonna tell me that if this goes in front of a judge,
你是想跟我说如果真的打起官司的话
he's not gonna pay some respect to that?
法官一点都不会考虑这些传统
Here in Brooklyn?
还是在布鲁克林这个地方
- Well, not - No, that is why we are here.
- 那个 - 不 这就是我们今天为什么在这
Because common law, not family law,
因为习惯法 而不是家法
common law dictates that because he fucked the place up,
在他把这个地方经营得一团糟的时候
it gives me the right to sell it.
习惯法能给我把这个地方卖掉的权利
Oh, stop it.
别扯犊子了
You're not gonna sell this place.
你才不会把这个地方卖了呢
I see you coming a mile away.
我早就看透你那些招数了
What are you?
你都在放什么屁
It's always been a woman in this family
这家怎么老是有这么个女的
always trying to shut the place down.
老是试图把这酒吧给关了
You know, the very first Horace & Petes,
你知道吗 第一代Horace和Pete这俩人
they started this place just to get away from their wives.
他俩开这家酒吧就是为了离他们媳妇远远的
It's always been a female in the family.
这家子里老是有这么个女的
Oh, my God, Pete, are you proud of that?
我的天哪 Pete 这有什么值得骄傲的啊
All that misery in this fucked-up place in our family?
就这个破地儿和家里那点儿破事儿
Why are you holding on to that?
你为什么死抓着不放呢
Why do you want us to hold on to that?
你为什么还想让我们死抓着它不放呢
Why can't we all--
为什么我们就不能
We're not gonna close this place down!
我们不能关掉这个酒吧
Pete, Pete, you are the most unhappy man
Pete Pete 你是我这辈子见过的
I have ever known in my whole life.
最不开心的人
My whole life.
我从没见过你这样的人
Horace is gone. Everybody's gone, okay?
Horace死了 那些人都死了
Let us sell this place.
就让我们把这个地方卖了吧
Let us get on with our lives.
然后继续我们的人生
We will get you nice place in Florida.
我们会给你在弗罗里达找个好住处
You can get a mail order bride,
你可以邮购个新娘
you can fuck her mouth until you're dead.
你可以天天让她给你口交直到你死
Our brother can go back to his accounting job
我哥可以继续干他的会计
with real live human beings and pretend he's one of them.
在茫茫人海中假装自己是个正常人
A 100 years, Sylvia.
一百年哪 Sylvia
100 years of misery is enough, it's enough, Pete.
一百年的痛苦足够了 足够了好吗 Pete
Misery is something you get past,
不幸是应该被甩在身后的
not something you pass on to your children.
而不是甩给你的孩子们
Boy, if your father could hear you...
老天 如果你爸还活着
Yeah, my father was a wife-beater
得了吧 我爸家暴我妈
and a fucking brute and a narcissist.
他他妈就是个畜生 自恋狂
And thank God our mother got us out of here.
感谢上苍 我妈把我们带走了
How many wives have been beaten in this place, Pete?
这个地方有多少个男人打过他的媳妇 Pete
This has never been a good thing.
家暴从来就不是什么好事儿
So you are Pete's father.
所以你是Pete他爸
Oh, my God.
让我缓一下
Yeah, now I just got that, too.
我也刚反应过来
Boy, did you fuck things up, Horace.
瞧瞧你弄的这个烂摊子 Horace
You see what a mess you made by not stepping up?
这就是你不站出来的结果
You're supposed to be the fucking boss.
你本应该是这个地方的老板
I don't-I don't care.
我 我才不在乎呢
You should be defending this place, you, not me, I'm old.
你应该为这个酒吧辩护 而不是我 我都老了
I don't care.
随便吧
I'm not the new Horace, okay?
我才不是什么新一代Horace呢
I'm not-I'm not the boss, I'm not my dad.
我不是什么老板 我也不是我爸
- You're a loser. - Okay, fine.
- 你就是个废物 - 行 是
I'm a loser, if that's what you want.
我就是个废物 你满意了
And fuck you, by the way, from before.
还有 操你妈 还你的
What?
什么
You said-earlier, you said fuck you to me,
你之前对我说操我妈
so fuck you, too.
所以 操你妈
Oh, well, fuck you.
哦 好吧 再操回你妈
Fuck you.
呵呵 操你妈
Stop it. Just stop it!
别说了 都别说了
Oh, oh, here goes this again.
瞧瞧他又犯病了
All of you just stop.
你们全都闭嘴
He's talking to invisible monsters.
他在跟不存在的怪兽说话呢
No, I'm talking to you.
我在跟你说话呢
And you and you.
和你 还有你
Sylvia, have some respect, this is your family.
Sylvia 放尊重一点 这些好歹是你的家人啊
You don't bring in a lawyer to break up your family.
你怎么能带个律师来拆散这个家呢
And Horace,
还有你 Horace
do you think you have no responsibility to everyone?
你觉得你可以不对任何人负责任
Never mind what kind of Horace you are,
先不说你算是什么样的Horace
what kind of man are you, huh?
你这算什么人啊
And Uncle Pete, or whatever you are to me,
还有Pete叔叔 还是爹啊什么的
you want to blame us?
你想怪我们
You want to tell your fucking story?
你还想讲什么他妈家庭故事
You want to pour our whiskey to this stranger
你想给这个陌生人威士忌
and tell him the 100-year story
然后给他讲这个老掉牙的故事
of Horace and Petes and how they were all saints?
还把所有Horace和Pete都说成是大圣人
Just an unbroken chain of fucking saints,
整个族谱里都他妈是大圣人
Horace after Horace, Peter after Pete,
一个Horace接一个 一个Pete接一个
not an asshole in the bunch, and how this place thrived
没有一个是混蛋 还说这个地方曾经多么繁荣昌盛
until this Horace and Pete.
直到我们俩这代
- Sounds right to me. - Yeah, tell yourself another story.
- 听着挺对的 - 故事根本就不是这样的
Yeah, we're probably the worst Horace and Pete yet.
是 我们可能是混的最差的一代
I'm incompetent and he's unwilling,
我没本事 他没意愿
but whose fault is that, huh?
但这都是谁的错呢
How did this place survive for 100 years?
这个地方之所以能开一百年
A family business, how did it survive?
这个家族企业之所以生存的原因
Because all the Horace and Petes before you
那就是因为你们这代Horace和Pete之前
were good fathers,
都是好父亲
that's why.
这就是原因
Because they kept the family together.
因为他们把家庭凝聚在一起
Yes, they beat their wives and they raised their sons right.
他们是打老婆 但他们也成功养育了自己的儿子
What kind of fathers were you two?
你们俩算什么爹
You, the Pete and the Horace before us, their dad,
你 你们两个Horace和Pete 他们的父亲
who until a minute ago, I thought he was my dad.
直到刚才我还以为Horace是我爸
Yeah, you two were lucky.
你们两个实在太幸运了
You fucking lived somewhere else.
你们能他妈住到别的地方去
I had to stay here
我只能在这
and watch that guy love nobody but himself.
看着那个混蛋疯狂的自恋
Three wives, he loved none of them.
三个媳妇啊 他一个都不爱
And you, Pete, what kind of a father were you?
还有 Pete 你算是什么父亲
Look at me, Pete!
看着我 Pete
Family law?
还家法
What kind of a family man are you?
你还好意思说自己有家
None of us has a claim to this fucking place.
我们谁都没权要这个地方
And I'll tell you something else.
还有 我跟你说
Yeah, I am fucking crazy and you think that's funny.
我他妈有神经病你还觉得好笑
Let me tell you this right now.
我今天就把话撂这了
If you ever talk to Sylvia the way you did today,
如果你再敢跟Slyvia这么说话
ever again, I'll be the crazy guy who tore your fucking head off.
哪怕一次 我他妈就发疯 直接把你脑袋撕下来
You took the last Probitor, huh?
你把最后一颗药吃了
Yeah, while I was upstairs.
刚才在楼上吃的
This bar belongs to Horace and Pete.
这个酒吧是Horace和Pete的
Marsha gets a cut,
Marsha有一份
because she was Horace VII's final love,
因为她是Horace七世的最后一位爱人
and I get mine.
然后我拿我那份
And you two can give your sister whatever she wants,
然后你俩可以给你们妹妹她想要的
or whatever you want to give her because she has no rights here.
或者你们想给她的任何东西 因为她没有权利争这个酒吧
Okay, none of that will stand up in court, so.
你说的这些在法庭上都是无效的
Well, this has been a real pleasure.
很高兴见到你们
None of it will stand.
都会是无效的
Let's go, Sylvia.
咱们走 Sylvia
Marsha, as long as I'm alive, you're okay here.
Marsha 只要我还活着 你就没事儿
Thank you, Pete.
谢谢你 Pete
You got closing?
你来关门
- I got it. - Okay.
- 我来 - 行
Good night, Marsha.
晚安 Marsha
Good night, Sylvia.
晚安 Sylvia
- I love you, honey. - Love you, too.
- 我爱你 - 我也爱你
- Good night. - Good night.
- 晚安 - 晚安
Horace Horace?
- Hi. - Hi.
- 嗨 - 嗨
- Hey. - Hi.
- 嘿 - 嗨
- Are you okay? - Yeah, yeah.
- 你还好吗 - 还好
Ugh, what a day.
这一天过的
I went to the farmer's market
我去了蔬菜直销市场
and got some of those purple green beans.
买了一些紫的青豆
Mm, you remember them?
你还记得吗
Yeah.
You know, it's so weird, there's just this one guy
你知道吗 我觉得好奇怪的 那里有个哥们
and that's all he sells.
他只买这一种东西
You have to come with me to the farmer's market, Horace,
你有空得跟我去一趟这个市场 Horace
it is so sweet.
非常有意思
These people are farmers
这些卖家都是农民
and they come to Brooklyn to sell their wares.
他们特意到布鲁克林来卖他们的作物
And their eyes are all squinty
他们都有那种特有的斜眼儿
from spending their whole lives in the sun
就因为种地的时候大太阳一直晒着他们
and-and they have the soil on their hands and--
他们手上还有没弄干净的土
and they just bring the country to the city with them
他们就这样直接带着这种村味儿进城了
and they have this-I don't know,
而且他们都有一种 我说不好
this relaxed look on their face, you know?
就是脸上都有那种闲适的神情 你懂吗
And it just makes you realize that we all just worry,
那种神情让你明白我们其实都在瞎操心
and we don't have to,
其实我们根本就不用担心
'cause if you wanted to plant a seed in the ground
因为如果你就想种地
and just eat what grows, then you could, you know?
然后吃自己的作物为生 那完全没问题 你懂吗
And this one guy with the purple green beans--
还有这个卖紫色青豆的人
He-he is just--
他吧 他就
he has this dog and he just sits in this old chair...
他有这么一条老狗 这狗就坐在一把老椅子上
- Rachel... - which I guess he must have
- Rachel - 我觉得这把椅子
brought from the farm, because--
是他从农场带过来的 因为
- Rachel. - What?
- Rachel - 什么
Um... I...
呃 我
I think maybe you should move out.
我觉得你最好还是搬出去
What?
为什么
I feel like I-I think we rushed into this.
我觉得在同居这件事儿上咱们太着急了
I don't think that we thought it through.
我觉得咱们都没考虑清楚
I think that--
我觉得
I'm not--
我还
I'm not ready to live with a woman again
我还没有做好再和一个女人一起生活的准备
and it's not fair to you that--
这对你来说也不公平
you know, and I got my kids...
你懂吧 而且我还有孩子
Horace, uh...
Horace 呃
I'm sorry, I just--
我很抱歉 我只是
What are you, um...
你在 呃
I don't-what are-you don't--
我不知 你在 我
you don't mean this.
你不是这个意思
I think I do, I'm sorry.
我就是这个意思 对不起
I think I do.
我就是这个意思
You're kicking me out?
所以你要把我赶出去
No, no, no, no, no, I mean, you can stay,
不不不不不 你可以留下
until you figure something else.
直到你把事情都理清楚
Uh-huh, until I figure something out.
嗯哼 直到我把事情都理清楚
Because you've--
因为你
you've already figured it all out, so, um...
你都琢磨的可清楚了 所以 呃
I'm just saying that you can stay here--
我的意思是你可以在我这呆着
you can stay here until you find a--
直到你找到别的地
Okay, okay, oh, my God.
行吧 行吧 老天啊
God, uh...
天哪 呃
- Rachel. - No, don't.
- Rachel - 别
No, uh-uh, not now.
别 你别
Well, I-Bad job, buddy, real bad.
你这事儿干的不怎么样
Yeah, real bad.
非常不地道
- I know. - No, no, you don't know.
- 我知道 - 不 你不知道
- I'm sorry. - You don't.
- 对不起 - 你可别
This is the worst. The worst.
你太差劲了 差劲
Oh, my God.
我的天哪
Fuck.
- Hey, listen. - Just-shh.
- 听我说 - 闭嘴
Listen.
你听我说
No.
Fuck.
Hi, it's-hi, it's Dad.
你好 我是你爹
Can you call me, please?
你能打给我吗
Just wanted to--
我就是想
just give me a call when you get a minute. Ok?
等你有时间了就给我回个电话吧
It's Dad, thanks.
我是爸爸 谢谢
How come Rachel was crying?
Rachel怎么哭了
I asked her to... move out.
我让她 搬出去
- Oh. - Yeah.
- 哦 - 是
Man.
不容易啊
How long is that-that last Probitol gonna last?
你这药劲能撑多久啊
About 12-12 more hours.
差不多12个小时吧
Well, bottom line is that in about three days,
最坏的情况是还得等三天
we can get you more in three days, then you're back.
只要撑过这三天就有药了 然后你就回到正轨了
Okay, then I need you to lock me in my room
行 但是你得把我锁在我屋子里
for the next two days, and I mean for real.
后两天的时候锁 我是认真的
Okay.
Look...
听着
I wasn't lucid the whole time down there.
其实我那时候不是一直都很清醒的
Did I hear Uncle Pete say that he's my father?
Pete叔叔是不是说他是我爹
Eh...
So we're not even brothers?
所以我们不是亲兄弟
Well, Pete, we're in our fifties.
Pete 咱们都是五十多岁的人了
I mean, what's the difference?
是不是有什么区别吗
Yeah.
也对
*Hell no*
*糟糕*
*I can't complain about my problems*
*我无处倾诉我的苦楚*
*I'm okay the way things are*
*日子不好也不差*
*I pull my stool up to the bar*
*我为自己搬一把小凳*
*At Horace & Pete's*
*在Horace和Pete的酒吧*
*Sometimes I wonder*
*我有在想*
*Why do we tear ourselves to pieces?*
*我们为何自讨苦吃*
*I just need some time to think*
*我需要些时间清静清静*
*Or maybe I just need a drink*
*或者干脆烂醉*
*At Horace & Pete's*
*在Horace和Pete*
*Horace & Pete*
*在Horace和Pete的酒吧里*