*Don't you wanna go down*
*你不想嗨起来吗*
*Don't you wanna go down*
*你不想嗨起来吗*
*Don't you wanna go down*
*你不想嗨起来吗*
Somebody make some motherfucking noise in here!
大家都给我他妈地大声喊出来
Man, this place is unbelievable.
这地方太棒了
Fucking Goolybib, man.
这就是顾利拜 伙计
Those guys build a mediocre piece of software,
这帮人不过开发出了一套破软件
that might be worth something someday,
还不知道能值几个钱
and now they live here.
现在居然能住在这里
There's money flying all over Silicon Valley
硅谷里美元满天飞
but none of it ever seems to hit us.
却一张都没砸到我们头上
What the hell are you eating?
你吃的是什么
Liquid shrimp. It's 200 dollars a quart.
虾汁 一夸脱卖两百美元
Wylie Dufresne made it.
怀利·迪弗雷纳[名厨]做的
Like how I would imagine cum tastes.
我想象中精液大概就是这个味道
You guys taking it all in?
你们感受到了没
Because this is what it looks like
这就是谷歌出价两亿美元
when Google acquires your company for over 200 million dollars.
购买你公司后的样子
Look, Dustin Moskovitz.
那是达斯汀·莫斯科维茨
[前者为SpaceX 特斯拉汽车 PayPal创办人 后者为谷歌执行董事长]
Elon Musk. Eric Schmidt.
埃隆·马斯克 埃里克·施密特
Whatever the fuck the guy's name is who created Photrio.
还有那个创办"相簿"的 鬼知道他叫什么
I mean, Kid Rock is the poorest person here.
摇滚小子是这里最穷的
Apart from you guys.
除了我们以外
OK, there's 40 billion dollars
这个派对里走动的人
of net worth, walking around this party.
身价净值总和有四百亿美元
And you guys are standing around drinking shrimp
而你们还在这儿无所事事 喝虾汁
and talking about what cum tastes like.
讨论精液什么味道
Yeah, I heard that.
对 我听到了
You guys live in my incubator
你们这些住我孵化器里的家伙
you've got to network. That's why I brought you here.
需要发展人脉 所以我才带你们来
I got us in here.
是我带你们来的
Javeed over there is my ex-room-mate.
那边的贾维德是我的前室友
Yeah, but I drove.
是啊 但是我开的车
Eric Schmidt, Erlich Bachman.
埃里克·施密特 我是埃利希·巴赫曼
It's amazing how the men and women at these things
这些派对上男女都像这样分开
always separate like this.
真是很奇妙
Yeah, every party in Silicon Valley
是啊 硅谷的每个派对
ends up like a Hasidic wedding.
都像是犹太教婚礼
Not even the Goolybib guys were talking to girls.
连顾利拜的那些人都没去跟女人搭讪
They don't have to, Big Head.
他们不需要 大头
This house talks to girls.
这栋房子就足以搭讪了
I got seven words for you.
我有七个词送给你们[英文是七个单词]
Goolybib's integrated-
顾利拜的
multi-platform-functionality!
多平台功能整合体验
you know, a few days ago,
几天前
when we were sitting down with Barak Obama,
我们和贝拉克·奥巴马坐在一起
I turned to these guys and said,
我转过身跟他们说
"OK, you know, we're making a lot of money.
"你们知道 我们正大把赚钱
And yes, we're disrupting digital media.
确实 我们扰乱了数字媒体业
But most importantly
但最重要的是
we're making the world a better place.
我们正让这世界变得更好
Through constructing elegant hierarchies
方法就是为代码重复使用和代码延展
for maximum code reuse and extensibility."
构建完美体系"
Here's to many more nights just like this one.
敬以后很多和今晚一样的夜晚
Take it away, my good friend, Kid Rock.
下面把舞台交给我的好朋友 摇滚小子
Big Head, there is a personal ad section
大头 阿斯伯格网上有一个
on this Asperger site.
个人广告分类
Holy shit, this one is looking for
我操 有人在找
a "Relationship that has the potential to become
"有机会发展到滚床单的
Boy, is she on the spectrum.
老天 她还真是敢写
She can't even make eye contact with the camera.
她都不敢正眼看镜头
Richard, can I talk to you for a second?
理查德 能和你谈谈吗
We need to talk about Pied Piper.
我们得谈谈魔笛手
What about it? The website's up and running,
谈什么 网站运转正常
I'm just redesigning the compression. It just needs users.
我正在重写代码 现在只缺用户
But even if somebody wanted to use it
即使有人想要用它
they wouldn't be able to figure out how to.
他们也搞不明白该怎么用
It's incomprehensible.
那网站太复杂了
Now, Richard, when you pitched me Pied Piper
理查德 你向我介绍魔笛手的时候
you said it was gonna be, "The Google of Music."
你说它会成为"音乐圈的谷歌"
which is a really rad way to pitch something.
这个说法很不错
I mean, I liked it.
我真的很喜欢
I thought it had "Applications".
我以为它会大有用武之地呢
No, it has all that. Look, when it blows up,
它都有 听着 等它壮大之后
and it will once it reaches a critical mass of users,
只要它的用户数够多就一定会的
Pied Piper will be able to search the whole world
到时候魔笛手就能搜索全世界的唱片
of recorded music to find out if there's a match to see
以此查询有没有匹配数据
if you're infringing on any copy righted material.
来判断你是否侵犯了版权
So, if you're a song writer or a band...
所以如果你是写歌的 或者是个乐队
OK, first of all, nobody gives a shit
首先 没人在乎
about stealing other people's music, OK?
抄别人的音乐 懂吗
Everybody involved in the music industry
音乐圈的每个人
is either stealing it or sharing it.
要么在抄音乐要么就在被抄
They're all a bunch of assholes, especially Radiohead.
他们都是一帮傻逼 特别是电台司令[乐队]
- Look, Richard... - No.
-听着 理查德 -不
Yeah, they're assholes.
是的 他们都是傻逼
Now, look, Richard, if you want to live here,
听着 理查德 如果你想待在这里
you've got to deliver.
你必须取得成果
I can't have dead weight at my incubator, OK?
我的孵化器里容不下累赘
Either that, or show some promise for fuck's sake.
或者至少让我看到点希望
Like NipAlert. Big Head's app.
像是乳报 大头的程序
It gives you the location of a woman with erect nipples.
可以告诉你哪里有发情[激凸]的女人
Now, that's something people want.
那才是人们想要的
Richard, you need to get in touch with humanity.
理查德 你得了解下人性
When I sold my company, Aviato,
当我把我的公司亚威亚托卖了的时候
I wanted to give back. That's why I started this place,
我并不甘心 所以才创办了这孵化器
to do something big. To make a difference.
去做些大事 去改变世界
You know, like Steve.
像史蒂夫一样
Uh, Jobs or Wozniak?
乔布斯还是沃兹尼亚克
Steve Jobs or Steve...
史蒂夫·乔布斯还是史蒂夫...
- Which one? - Jobs.
-那是谁... -乔布斯
I mean, Jobs was a poser. He didn't even write code.
乔布斯只会装 代码都不会写
You just disappeared up your own asshole.
你最好有多远滚多远
- You know that? You did. - Well, technically...
-知道吗 快滚 -严格来讲
Big Head, I'm gonna be meditating.
大头 我要冥想去了
He knew how to package the ideas,
他光知道怎么包装概念
but it was Wozniak that...
沃兹尼亚克才真的
What is Hooli? Excellent question.
什么是互利 问得好
Hooli isn't just another high tech company.
互利并不只是一家普通的高科技公司
Hooli isn't just about software.
互利关心的不只是软件
Hooli. Hooli is about people.
互利 关心的是人
Hooli is about innovative technology
互利一直致力于用原创科技
that makes a difference,
有所作为
transforming the world as we know it.
改变我们的世界
Making the world a better place,
通过实现传输层的最小发包率
through minimal message oriented transport layers.
来创造更美好的人间
I firmly believe we can only achieve greatness
我始终坚信 要想创造奇迹
if first we achieve goodness.
必须先造福人类
Erlich is gonna kick me out.
埃利希要把我扫地出门了
And I can't afford to pay rent here.
但这里的租金我根本付不起
It's insane. $2800 a month,
简直明抢 一个月两千八美元
$4500 a month... with five people.
五个人合租的话也得四千五一个月
Jesus! Why is it so expensive here?
天啊 怎么这么贵
Look at this place, it's a shithole.
看看这破地方 简直就是棚户区
Miss Palo Alto, 2K14.
简直是2014年度硅谷小姐啊
Oh God, the marketing team is having another bike meeting.
老天 营销部那帮人又在开自行车会议
Yup, another day inside the Gavin Belson cult compound.
盖文·贝尔森邪教的一天正式拉开帷幕
Hey, did you hear what Peter Gregory is doing?
你知道彼得·格里高利最近在忙什么吗
You mean buying that island in the Pacific?
你是说他在买太平洋那个岛吗
No, he's building one actually.
不 严格来讲他正自己盖岛
Anyway, he's also offering a hundred K
话说回来 他愿意为那些
to people willing to skip or drop out of college
从大学辍学实现理想的人
to pursue their idea.
赞助几十万美元
I don't know what happened to that guy,
我不知道他心里有什么阴影
but he really hates college.
但他真是恨死大学了
Anyway, he's doing a TED TALKS in Palo Alto tonight.
总之他今晚要在帕罗奥图做一次TED演讲
- Should we try to get in? - I dropped out of college.
-要不要去听听 -我都已经辍学了
Maybe I should re-enroll and drop out again.
也许我该再考进去然后重新辍学
Try and get the money.
好从他那里拿钱
Hey, uh, a double macchiato for me, dude.
给我来杯双重玛奇朵 哥们
Hey, Rico, you been working out?
理科 你最近开始锻炼了啊
No. No, I have not.
没 我没有
I don't have time to even if I wanted to.
我就算想锻炼也没时间
I'm too busy working on my website.
光顾着忙我的网站了
Uh, I just, I don't want to end up being a Hooli lifer.
我可不想变成互利寄生男
You know, working here forever.
在这工作一辈子
Yeah, working for the most innovative company in the world,
是啊 这不过是世界上最勇于创新的公司
with top pay and vested stock options.
还发最高的工资和股票期权而已
I can totally see why you wouldn't want that.
我完全理解你对这里的鄙夷
Yeah, you're like an artist. An entrepreneur.
没错 你就像艺术家 是创业者
I don't know, maybe.
我不知道 大概吧
Dude, We're just messing with you.
老兄 我们逗你玩呢
But we really want to help you with your site.
但我们真心想给你的网站帮忙
- Dude, sounds amazing. - Yeah.
-好名字啊 哥们 -真是
Why don't you shoot it over to us and we'll give it a look.
不如你发给我们 让我们帮你瞅瞅
Maybe we can help.
没准能帮上忙
- Uh, really? - Yeah.
-真的吗 -当然
I mean it's always good to have more eyes on it.
让别人帮我看看总是好事
You're making fun of me.
原来在耍我呢
- Dude, no. - No, you are.
-怎么会呢 哥们 -你们就是
- Aw, Ricky, man. - Ricky. Ricky, come back.
-真没有 理奇 -小理奇 别走啊
It's actually Richard, so that's...
其实我叫理查德 所以
- Pied wiper. - Wide diaper.
-魔擦手 -魔尿布
All dropped out of college.
全部中途从大学辍学
Silicon Valley is the cradle of innovation
硅谷能成为创新的摇篮
because of drop outs.
多亏了这些辍学生
College... has become a cruel
大学已经成为了强加在
expensive joke on the poor
贫困阶层和中产阶级身上的
and the middle class
一个昂贵而残忍的笑话
that benefits only the perpetrators of it.
最后获益的却只有大学自己
- The bloated administrators... - You are a dangerous man,
-那臃肿的管理层... -你这人太危险
spewing ignorance!
到处散播你的无知
I'm just saying people should trust themselves
我只是在说 人们应该相信自己
more than a system
而不应寄希望于某个
that happily churns out unemployed debtors
只专注于量产负债累累的失业者
and provides dubious value.
并宣扬可疑价值观的系统
The true value of a college education is intangible.
大学教育的真正价值是难以估量的
The true value of snake-oil is intangible as well.
万金油的真正价值也难以估量
The usual riffs on Twitter and Instagram.
推特和图享网上还是老调重弹
Nothing I'd fund.
没什么创新观点
Hi, excuse me, Mr. Gregory?
格里高利先生 不好意思打扰下
I have an idea I'd love to pitch you, if you have time.
如果你有空的话 我想向你介绍下我的网站
Well, that is before I just give up and go back to college.
在我放弃梦想重回大学之前
Don't! Do not do that.
不要 不要这么做
Go work at Burger King.
你可以去汉堡王工作
Go into the woods and forage for nuts and berries.
或者到森林里采果子
Do not go back to college!
就是别回去上大学
I think I have been played.
看来我被耍了
Fine. Go ahead and pitch.
好吧 你可以开始讲了
You have until I fasten the seatbelt in my car.
讲到我系好安全带为止
Pied Piper is a proprietary site that lets you find out
魔笛手是一个用来查找
if your music is infringing on any existing copyrights.
你的音乐是否侵犯他人版权的版权网站
So, imagine you were a song writer, OK?
想象下你是写歌的
I don't think I could write a song.
我不觉得我能写歌
Yeah, no, just imagine if you were.
假设你是的话
I don't even think I could say,
我甚至不觉得我能说得出
"Pied Piper is a proprietary site."
"魔笛手是查找版权的版权网站"这种话
Well, I just did but it wasn't easy.
好吧我说出来了 但是很拗口
Crunching all those songs to find matches
通过密集计算所有歌曲来寻找配对
sounds like it would take incredible processing power.
听起来需要非常强大的运算能力
- I mean... - Yes.
-我的意思是 -没错
No, no. Its... I made an algorithm.
不 不 我发明了一个算法
Look, why don't you send me a link to your project
不如你发个项目链接过来
and we'll take a look.
我们到时看一下
I put the prototype up on Github.
我把原始算法放到Github上了
Pied Piper. I'll look it up.
魔笛手对吧 我会找来看的
It's like the fable with the kids
就是那个跟小孩有关的童话
and then the rats and the music.
后来又出现老鼠啊音乐什么的
That is a narrow car.
这车真窄
Fucking billionaires.
操蛋的亿万富翁们
Hey, wanna check out twig-boy's website?
想看一眼小正太的网站吗
You have to download your own media player?
还得自己下载媒体播放器吗
Look at me, I traveled back to 2009.
你看我怎么穿越回2009年了
What is this file size?
文件多大
1.2 Megabytes? No way.
1.2兆 不可能
Wow, that doesn't sound at all downgraded.
音质完全没有受到影响
The file size is like, half.
文件大小几乎只有一半
And look how fast this search is.
而且搜索速度超级快
Holy shit, how did it find a match that fast?
我操 怎么能搜得这么快
It's like it's searching compressed files?
看起来它搜索的是压缩文件
Look at that Weissman score.
快看它的维斯曼评分
Hey, Where have you two been?
你们俩干嘛呢
We're playing the multi-channel router team in five minutes.
我们五分钟后就要跟多频路由器队开战了
OK, how the hell did he do this?
他到底是怎么做到的
And the compression is totally lossless.
而且还是无损压缩
And he's somehow figured out
而且他竟然找出了
a way to do a search on a compressed data space.
能够搜索压缩数据库的方法
- Holy shit. - Yeah.
-牛逼 -没错
And I don't think he even realizes what he has here.
而且我觉得他还没意识到这东西的价值
He's using it for some silly songwriter app.
他用它做了一个傻逼词曲作家应用
All these guys are like that, they're all about consumer facing.
这些家伙都这样 只想着面向消费者
Right, but you take something like this,
是啊 但如果能把这种程序
make it business facing and use it for enterprise?
打造成商务产品供企业使用呢
The applications could be endless.
应用范围简直无可限量
Hey, I thought you were a Satanist?
我记得你是撒旦崇拜者
I'm a LaVeyan Satanist with some theistic tendencies.
我是有少许有神论倾向的勒维撒旦教徒
Oh, some theistic tendencies.
少许有神论倾向
Well then, what's with the cross?
那十字架有什么含意吗
It's an upside down cross.
这是倒十字架
Not from here it isn't.
这个角度看是正十字架
Oh, I see, you know what you should do?
原来如此 你知道你该怎么做吗
You should get another tattoo that says, "This side up" on it.
你应该在上面再纹个"此面朝上"
How does this translate into Farsi?
波斯语里面这个怎么说
That's not the language I speak.
我的母语不是波斯语
Frontier Airlines just happened to like mine, Aviato.
边疆航空很喜欢我的公司 亚威亚托
And that's how I got to where I am.
所以我才能有今天的一切
So... what do you got?
那么 你有什么呢
It's like alphabet soup but
跟字母汤很像
it's ones and zeros instead of the letters.
不过里面不是字母而是1和0
'Cause it's binary.
因为这是二进制
You know, binary is just ones and zeroes.
你懂的 二进制只有1和0
Yeah, I know what binary is.
我知道二进制是什么
Jesus Christ! I memorized the hexadecimal times tables
老天 我十四岁写机器代码的时候
when I was 14 writing machine code!
就已经把十六进制乘法表背熟了
OK. Ask me what nine times F is. It's fleventyfive.
考我9乘以F等于多少 是F15
I do not need you telling me what binary is,
我不需要你来告诉我二进制是什么
just like I don't need you
就像我不需要
thinking about soup or taking pictures of it.
你满脑子就想着汤 还给它拍照
I need you thinking about apps, software, websites.
我要你们给我想应用程序 软件和网站
This is Silicon Valley, all right, not...
这里可是硅谷 不是
That's where Campbell's Soup is.
那是金宝汤公司[美国著名汤品商]所在地
It's the Hooli number again.
又是互利打来的
It's probably those brogrammers.
肯定是那群码仔队
Can't wait to tell me how stupid my website is.
急着要来嘲讽我的网站
Hello, Richard Hendricks. I'm a total fucking retard.
我是理查德·亨德里克斯 我就是个傻逼
Hi, this is Jared Dunn calling from Hooli.
你好 我是互利公司的贾里德·邓恩
I'm calling a behalf of Gavin Belson.
我代表盖文·贝尔森先生打电话给你
Gavin is very excited about your Pied Piper application
盖文先生对你的魔笛手应用十分感兴趣
and we were wondering if you could come in
你是否能到公司来
for a sit-down with us.
与我们当面谈谈
- Are you available now. - OK.
-你现在有空吗 -有
- Sure. Yes. - OK, we'll be here.
-当然 -好的 我们在这等你
Uh, I have a meeting with Gavin Belson.
我要去见盖文·贝尔森了
He likes Pied Piper.
他喜欢魔笛手
I own 10 percent of Pied Piper.
我拥有魔笛手百分之十的股份
You said it was a shitty idea.
你说它是个糟糕的想法
It was a shitty idea.
它曾经是个糟糕的想法
I'm not sure what it is now.
但我不确定它现在算什么
- What time's the meeting? - Right now.
-什么时候开会 -现在
I'm gonna need a better shirt.
我得去换件好点的上衣
What the fuck am I waiting for? See ya.
我还在这儿等什么呢 回见
Well, it's like Gavin always says,
就像盖文经常说的
"It takes change to make change."
"改变需要代价"
Yeah, I think I've seen that written around.
好像到处都写满了这句话
Gavin is running 30 minutes late
盖文大概要迟到三十分钟
but you should know he is very excited to see you, Richard.
但他非常期待见你 理查德
He's with his spiritual advisor.
他现在和他的精神导师在一起
He shouldn't be that much longer.
他不会跟导师待太久
and I only get to see him about ten minutes a month.
但我每月能见到他的时间也就十分钟左右
But that 10 minutes is just incredible.
但这十分钟就已让人受益无穷
I heard Richard Hendricks was here.
我听说理查德·亨德里克斯来了
Have you ever met Gavin before?
你以前见过盖文吗
Oh, I told him, it's amazing.
我刚告诉过他 真是超凡体验
That hardly begins to describe it.
那种感觉真是无以言表
They always travel in groups of five.
这些程序员 他们总是五人同行
These programmers, there's always a tall skinny white guy,
其中总有一个高高瘦瘦的白人
short skinny Asian guy,
一个瘦瘦小小的亚洲人
fat guy with a ponytail,
一个扎马尾的胖子
some guy with crazy facial hair
一个留着大胡子的人
and then an East Indian guy.
和一个东印度人
It's like they trade guys
就好像他们为了得到这种分组
until they all have the right group.
而特意换过人一样
You clearly have a great understanding of humanity.
看来你已经深谙人性之道
And Gavin said: I'm not humiliating you,
然后盖文说 我不是在羞辱你
I'm elevating you.
我是在点拨你
It's Peter Gregory.
是彼得·格里高利打来的
Yeah, I'm coming. Slow...
我来了 慢点...
Why are you going that fast?
走那么快干什么
Cause we've got a meeting with Gavin Belson. Pick up the pace.
因为我们要去见盖文·贝尔森 快点
- We honestly don't. - Come on.
-他要见的又不是我们 -快点
I'm actually outside of
事实上我现在正在
Gavin Belson's office right now, Mr. Gregory.
盖文·贝尔森办公室外 格里高利先生
Uh, here he comes, so can I call you back in a second...
他来了 我能过会儿再...
So, Richard Hendricks is here!
这位就是理查德·亨德里克斯吧
There you are, Richard.
你在这儿呢 理查德
So sorry these gentleman have kept you waiting.
非常抱歉让你等了这么久
- That's fine. - So here's the thing.
-没关系 -事情是这样的
I love what you did.
我简直爱死你做的东西了
- Really? - Fill him in, Jared.
-真的吗 -给他讲讲 贾里德
Now, as you know, Hooli is seen as possibly
如你所知 互利大概是
the most progressive company in the world.
世界上最先进的公司
Part of that is Gavin's commitment to social justice,
一半归功于盖文对社会公平的恪守
but part of it is his personal commitment
但另一半归功于他个人
to the people that work at Hooli.
对互利员工的不懈栽培
In that spirit Gavin is
怀着同样的心情
prepared to give you a very substantial raise...
盖文打算给你大幅涨工资
and a promotion to go with it.
并提拔你到相应的职位
I own 10 percent.
我有百分之十的股份
He created it while living in my incubator.
他是住在我的孵化器时创建的魔笛手
Erlich Bachman. This is Big Head.
我是埃利希·巴赫曼 这位是大头
I don't know what any of that means,
我不知道你们在说什么
but I'll give you six hundred thousand dollars for it.
不过我出六十万美元买你的网站
We have the reach and the resources to take what you have done
我们有平台和资源来接手你的网站
and push it to the global level.
并让它红遍全球
That is a generous offer.
你的报价非常慷慨
Shit, sorry. Hello.
操 不好意思 喂
Really? No shit, that's...
真的吗 开玩笑吧
Uh, yeah, yeah. No here. It's Peter Gregory.
给你 是彼得·格里高利打来的
Not sure how he got my number?
不知道他是怎么弄到我的号码的
Uh, this is Richard.
我是理查德
I'll give you three million dollars for it right now!
我现在就给你三百万美元
Ah, Gavin Belson just offered
盖文·贝尔森刚刚
me three million dollars for Pied Piper.
出价三百万美元买我的魔笛手
I'm prepared to give you three hundred thousand dollars.
我打算出价三十万美元
Peter Gregory just offered me 300, um...
彼得·格里高利出价三...
Did you say thousand dollars?
你说的是三十万美元吗
For ten percent of your company.
三十万美元买你公司百分之十的股份
- For five percent. - Huh?
-买百分之五 -什么
You just went down.
你刚刚降价了
No, you're still valued at four million dollars.
不 你公司的估价仍为四百万美元
But you own ninety-five
但这个潜在价值
percent of a potential billion-dollar company.
为数十亿美金的公司 95%的股份都归你
And not just that, I will help you build this company.
不仅如此 我还将帮你打造这个公司
I will introduce you to the people you need to know
我会帮你拓展人脉
and provide the counsel that you need.
为你提供咨询
I will take a small piece, but the company will belong to you.
我只会分走很小一部分 公司还是你的
not Gavin Belson.
而不是盖文·贝尔森的
You have until tomorrow to decide.
你必须明天之前给我答复
- Um, you know... - Pull your head out of your ass, Richard.
-你知道... -放聪明点 理查德
I'm offering you four million dollars right now.
我开的价可是马上付你四百万美元
That is a lot of money.
那不是笔小数目
You know, I actually have to...
实际上我得...
I've got to go to the bathroom.
我得去下洗手间
It's desperate. I'm bursting.
憋死了 膀胱要炸了
I'll be right back, but right now...
我马上就回来 但现在
I didn't mean to snap at you.
我并不是想对你无礼
I'll talk... in a bit.
我们等下再谈
Little more about me.
简单介绍下我自己
I am the founder of Aviato.
我是亚威亚托的创始人
and I own a very small percentage of Grindr.
而且我拥有很小一部分'基达'的股份
It's a men to men dating site
这是个男男交友网站
where you can find other men within 10 miles of you,
它可以帮你找到方圆十六公里内
interested in having sexual intercourse in a public restroom.
愿意与你在公厕里做爱的男人
In the homosexual community there's sometimes anonymous...
在同性恋的圈子里 有时会匿名...
I know what Grindr is.
我知道'基达'是什么
I have gay friends.
我也有基友
So you will survive.
你会没事的
It's just a garden-variety panic attack.
只是很常见的恐慌发作
Welcome to Silicon Valley.
欢迎来到硅谷
We see people like you all the time.
像你这种人我们见多了
- Really? - Yes.
-真的吗 -当然
It's just I have to make this decision by tomorrow.
我得在明天之前做决定
Yeah. You know, a while back, we had a guy in here,
是啊 这里曾经来过一个病人
in almost the exact same situation,
和你的状况几乎一样
"Take the money or keep the company."
卖给别人还是自己干
Well, a couple months later
几个月后
he was brought into the ER with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
他被送入急诊室 因为试图开枪自杀
I guess he really regretted not taking that money.
看来他真的很懊悔没要那笔钱
He shot himself because he turned down the money?
他因为没拿钱就崩了自己一枪
Or no, he took the money.
不对 他拿了钱
No, he did not. I don't... You know what?
他没拿 我也...
I don't remember. But whatever it was,
我也记不清了 不管他选了什么
he regretted it so much that he ended up shooting himself.
他都悔不当初 然后崩了自己一枪
- And now he's blind. - He's blind?
-结果现在瞎了 -他瞎了
if you're ever gonna shoot yourself,
如果你想开枪自杀的话
don't hold the gun up to your temple, OK?
不要朝着太阳穴开枪
Because that just basically just took out
那样你的两根视神经
both of his optic nerves and then, you know,
就都完蛋了 然后
half of his face.
还要再赔上这半边脸
And then his wife left him, because, you know.
他老婆后来不要他了 因为 你知道
- Yikes. - Right.
-吓死人了 -是啊
He may have been a genius programmer
他可能确实是个编程天才
but not so much in human anatomy.
但人体解剖他就不在行了
Or decision making, for that matter.
在做决策上也不怎么明智
Now he's got to live with all that
现在他就得带着张烂脸
and whatever terrible decision he made about the money.
还有为钱做的糟糕决定度过一生
Uh. And what do I do if I feel another panic attack coming on.
如果我又要恐慌发作了该怎么办
Would you be interested in a device
你有没有兴趣买一个装置
that links up to your smartphone
与你的智能手机相连
and it keeps track of your vitals
能时刻监控你的体征
and it tells you, even before it's happening,
它甚至能赶在发生之前探测到
whether you're having a panic attack or an actual heart attack?
你是要恐慌发作 还是心脏病发作
Yeah, that sounds great.
听起来不错
You would, right?
你会买的 对吧
OK, that's great news.
很好 这是个好消息
Because it's still in prototype phase right now,
因为现在这个装置还处于试验阶段
but my start-up partners and I are looking for investors.
我和我的创业伙伴在找投资者
So will you please let me know...
所以如果你接受了那一千万美元
I'm going to give you my number.
我把我的电话给你
If you do end up taking that 10 million dollars
请你一定要通知我
because we could really make the world a better place.
因为我们可以创建一个更美好的未来
Hi, Monica. I work with Peter Gregory.
我叫莫妮卡 我为彼得·格里高利工作
We met outside the TED...
我们在TED论坛会场外见过
Yeah, I remember you.
对 我记得你
What... How'd you know I was here?
怎么 你怎么知道我在这
Peter Gregory is investing in a company
彼得·格里高利正在投资一家公司
that uses GPS in phones to track people.
能利用手机的定位系统来追踪人
You don't know the half of it.
你根本不知道有多恐怖
And neither does Congress.
国会也不知道
Look, I don't want to waste your time.
听着 我不想浪费你的时间
I think I gotta take the money from Gavin Belson.
我准备接受盖文·贝尔森的钱了
At least this way when I blow my eyeballs out
这样当我的眼球被自己打爆时
I'll have some money left for my family.
还能给我的家人留点钱
Sorry. That is a terrible doctor in there.
抱歉 那个医生可真不怎么样
Richard, buried in that clunky UI of yours
理查德 在你那个简陋的用户界面下
is a compression algorithm that blew our engineering team away.
是一个甩了我们工程师团队几条街的压缩算法
And what do you think Hooli is going to do with it?
你觉得互利准备用它来做什么
I don't know. That's their business.
不知道 这不关我的事
This is your baby.
这是你一手开发的
Do you even realize the impact that a compression
你有没有意识到这么好的算法
this good could have on the world?
会对世界产生多大的影响
Getting any file on your mobile phone in an instant.
能瞬间下载文件到你的手机里
Navigation data for self-driving cars,
给自动驾驶车辆提供导航信息
mobile medical imagery,
在移动设备上传输医学影像
all transmitting with no quality loss.
这些数据在传输时都不会损失品质
This is game-changing.
这将颠覆一切
Don't you want to be in the driver's seat when that happens?
当这一切发生时 你不想成为其主宰者吗
You really want to just turn it all over to Hooli
你真的想把机会让给互利
Well, you are not making this easier for me.
你说这么多并没有缓解我的压力
I'm not trying to.
我也没这个打算
I mean you're actually making it worse.
我的意思是你其实让事情变得更糟了
My hands are tingling. I have this metal taste in my mouth.
我现在手发麻 嘴里一股金属味
Actually, I can't go back in there, so I'm going to go home.
我不能再进去看病 我要回家了
- Good to see you again. - Let me give you a ride home.
-很高兴再见到你 -让我送你吧
Dude, where have you been?
老兄 你去哪了
Why won't you answer your phone?
怎么不接电话
Man, this has grown way beyond AngelList.
伙计 想找你的可不止是天使名单
Andreesen, Elevation and like a bunch of
安德鲁森 上升和其他一堆
other seed funds are piling onto this thing.
种子基金都想要砸钱
I mean, they've been calling Erlich.
我是说 他们一直在给埃利希打电话
He's out of control.
他现在已经失控了
What if we took Peter Gregory's 200K
如果我们拿彼得·格里高利的二十万
and built our own company?
来成立我们自己的公司怎么样
I'm sorry. You said we.
不好意思 你刚刚说我们
Who's that in reference to exactly?
这到底指的是谁
You, me, Dinesh, Big Head, us.
你 我 迪尼希 大头 我们
I mean, right now Pied Piper just does audio,
我是说 现在魔笛手只是做音频
but I'm thinking of ways to compress images, video...
但我正在想方法压缩图片 视频
I mean, maybe Peter Gregory's right.
我是说 也许彼得·格里高利是对的
Maybe this could be huge.
也许这能做得很大
Look, guys, for thousands of years
听着 伙计们 几千年来
guys like us have gotten the shit kicked out of us.
我们这种人一直都备受欺凌
But now, for the first time, we are living in an era
但现在 第一次 我们生活在一个
where we can be in charge and build empires.
我们能主宰和创建帝国的时代
We could be the Vikings of our day.
我们能成为这个时代的维京海盗
- Vikings? - How are you feeling?
-维京海盗 -你感觉怎么样
You look super fucked up, to be honest.
你看起来一团糟 老实说
Who ate my fucking quinoa again?
谁他妈的又吃了我的藜麦面
So you're really about to go tell Erlich
所以你真的打算告诉埃利希
that he's not going to get his one million dollars?
他的一百万美元泡汤了吗
Yeah, I don't want to be there when you do that.
千万找个我不在的时候告诉他
I would like to be there when you do that.
找个我在的时候
No, just stay here, please.
别 就待在这 拜托
Um, so, I've been thinking about
我一直在考虑
this whole Peter Gregory, Gavin Belson thing.
彼得·格里高利 盖文·贝尔森的事
And, um, I think I'm going to go with Peter Gregory.
我想我要选彼得·格里高利
- Uh, which I know means... - Richard.
-我的意思是 -理查德
I know that you look at me,
我知道每当你看着我
and see a guy who has it all figured out.
你看到的是一个对一切了如指掌的人
And for the most part, you're right, I do.
很大程度上你是对的 我确实如此
When I sold Aviato,
当我卖掉亚威亚托的时候
it gave me a house, money, fancy clothes,
它给了我房子 金钱 华服
the universal respect of all the ladies.
天下所有女人对我的仰慕
But there's always been a hole in my heart.
但我的心里一直有一个洞
Not a literal hole like you would find
不是字面上的洞 像你能
in some babies with congenital diseases,
在有先天疾病的孩子身上找到的
but a metaphorical hole.
而是一个比喻的洞
I guess that hole is the "what if".
我觉得那个洞就是"如果"
What if I didn't sell?
如果我没有卖会怎么样
I'll never know.
我永远都不会知道
And so I guess what I'm saying to you now is,
所以我现在要和你说的就是
you're like me, Richard.
你像我一样 理查德
You want to build something
你想创一番事业
and see it through.
并奋战到底
So, just to be clear.
所以 让我们说清楚
You're all right with me saying no to a deal
你不介意我拒绝一笔
that will net you a million dollars outright?
能一下子给你一百万美元净利润的生意
No, Richard. I'm not all right with it.
不 理查德 我不是不介意
I'm excited about it.
我是非常激动
Let's see how high this rocket can fly, partner.
让我们一起见证这艘火箭能飞多高 合伙人
Not partners, exactly.
但其实我们不是合伙人
But everything else is great.
但其他都很好
Call it what you want.
你爱叫什么叫什么
Always blue, always blue, always blue,
一直蓝色 一直蓝色 一直蓝色
always blue, always blue, always blue,
一直蓝色 一直蓝色 一直蓝色
always blue, always...
一直蓝色 一直
Oh! That was a yellow.
是黄色
What was that, 17?
多少下 十七
- Pretty good. - Hey, guys...
-相当不错 -伙计们
Guys, can I just kind of say something real quick?
伙计们 我能简短地说几句话吗
I know it's stupid but, um...
我知道这很蠢 但是
I just want to say, uh,
我只是想说
I'd like for this company to be different than Hooli
我希望这家公司和互利
and Goolybib and all the rest, you know?
顾利拜还有其他公司都不一样
Like, let's like not turn this into a corporate cult
我们不要让它变成有骑车开会
with bike meetings and voluntary retreats
把强制性解雇
that are actually mandatory.
说成是自愿辞职
And claiming to make the world a better place all the time.
还一直声称要创造更美好世界的那种公司
Let's, uh, let's just think different.
让我们 让我们非同凡想
Don't think different. That's Apple.
不要非同凡想 那是苹果的口号
Let's just... let's just do it.
让我们就 想做就做吧
- That's Nike, man. - I know that's Nike.
-那是耐克 老兄 -我知道是耐克
Fuck it. I don't know.
妈的 我想不出
Let's just make it... Let's just make it happen.
我们就 让我们美梦成真
To his beneficence.
敬他的善行
- The Dark Lord. - Of course, the Dark Lord.
-黑魔王 -当然 黑魔王
God, he's worse high.
天啊 他真是嗑嗨了
Always blue, always blue,
一直蓝色 一直蓝色
always blue, always blue...
一直蓝色 一直蓝色