Unprecedented scenes here,
这真是史无前例
as photographers from all over the world...
全世界的摄影师
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh hide from the world's eyes...
女王和爱丁堡公爵躲避着全世界的目光
...rumors of a crisis in the marriage. Now the eyes of the world
...婚姻危机的流言 现在全世界的目光
turn towards the Royal Yacht...
都投向了皇家游艇
...intense speculation
...纷纷猜测
about relations between Her Majesty the Queen
女王陛下
and the Duke of Edinburgh.
和爱丁堡公爵的关系
No, no, no. I see.
不 不 我明白
That was the palace press secretary.
是王宫新闻发言人
In his view, the steps
在他看来
that we've taken haven't quite done the trick.
我们采取的措施并不成功
The rumors still haven't gone away.
流言还是没有消散
I think we both agree, it can't go on like this.
我们应该都同意不能让事态这样继续
So I thought we might take this opportunity,
所以我们应该抓住这个机会
without children, without distraction...
没有孩子 不会分心
to lay our cards on the table...
摊牌吧
and talk frankly, for once...
就这一次 实话实说
about what needs to change to make this marriage work.
我们需要做什么改变让婚姻继续
All right. Who goes first?
好吧 谁先说
If I've learned one thing by now, it's that I go second.
我现在可是有经验了 你先说
If I am to go first, that's where I'd start.
要是我先说 我会这样开场
- My complaining? - It's incessant.
-我的抱怨 -就没停过
Whining and whingeing like a child.
像个孩子一样嘀嘀咕咕
The way those god-awful mustaches
那些可怕的白胡子们
that run the palace continue to infantilize me.
管理着王宫 把我当孩子
If you weren't behaving like an infant...
你要是没那么幼稚的话
Giving me lists, sending me instructions.
限制我能做的事 到处指挥我
Can you imagine anything more humiliating?
还有更侮辱人的事吗
Yes. As a matter of fact, I can.
有 事实上 我能想得到
I've learned more about humiliation in the last few weeks
过去几周里我了解到的侮辱
than I hoped I would in a lifetime.
比一辈子的都多
I've never felt more alone than I have in the past five months.
我从未觉得像过去5个月里那么孤独
And why do you think that was?
那你觉得这是为什么
- Because of your behavior. - Because you sent me away.
-因为你的行为 -因为你送我走了
Yes, and why do you think that was?
对 为什么呢
I don't know, Elizabeth. You tell me.
我不知道 伊丽莎白 你告诉我
Because you're lost.
因为你迷失了
You're lost in your role, and you're lost in yourself.
你在你的角色中迷失了 不清楚自己是谁
I realize this marriage has
我发现我们的婚姻
turned out to be something quite different
与我们两人所想的
- to what we both imagined. - Understatement.
-有较大的出入 -轻描淡写
And that we find ourselves in a...
我们觉察自己处于
A situation... which is unique.
一种特别的情境中
The exit route which is open to everyone else...
对大家来说 出路摆在眼前
It's not an option for us.
但我们不能选择
So, what would make it easier on you?
所以怎样才能让你更好受
To be in... not out.
结婚 不离婚
What will it take?
要我付出什么
You're asking my price?
你在询问我的价格
I'm asking... what it will take.
我在问 要我付出什么
最新连载海外影视剧下载请登陆 www.YYeTs.com仅供交流学习 禁止商用盈利
Remind me. You fly first to?
我忘记了 你先要飞往哪里
Entebbe. Then Mombasa.
恩德培[乌干达] 蒙巴萨[肯尼亚]
- Ah, yes. To meet the Royal Yacht. - Yes.
-对 去找皇家游艇队 -对
- I've told you this already. - Maybe I've forgotten.
-我和你说过了 -或许我忘了呢
Maybe you should listen a little more carefully next time.
或许你下次可以更认真地听我说话
From there we sail to Port Victoria.
然后我们会航向维多利亚港[东非]
Then on to Colombo, New Guinea.
然后去科伦坡[斯里兰卡] 新几内亚
- Yes. To open the Olympics. - As instructed.
-对 为奥运会开幕 -谨遵指示
Then Gambia, Gibraltar again,
然后到冈比亚[西非] 又经过直布罗陀
and finally, uh, Lisbon.
最后抵达里斯本[葡萄牙]
- Thank you. - What for?
-谢谢你 -谢什么
For doing the tour...
愿意巡游
stepping into my shoes.
为我分忧
Actually, now I've made the decision,
实际上 现在决定好之后
I'm rather looking forward to it.
我还挺期待的
And, we've managed to add another leg to the journey.
我们还成功加了一段旅程
- The South Pacific. And the Antarctic. - Boys will be boys.
-南太平洋和南极洲 -终究还是个孩子
Excuse me. Sub-zero temperatures.
拜托 零下的温度
The annual presentation
外交使节团成员的
party for members of the diplomatic corps.
年度颁奖晚会
- Do you remember last year? - Yes, I do, unfortunately.
-你还记得去年的吗 -很不幸 我记得
- It did go on rather. - Five hours.
-太漫长了 -5个小时
- One moment, Your Majesty. - Oh, dear.
-请稍候 陛下 -我天
The last guests are just arriving.
最后的客人刚好抵达
Even in full battle dress?
明明穿着这套华服
That stuff used to wear you. Now you wear it.
它曾经盖过你的光芒 现在是你撑起了它
Oh, dear. It's all right, it's all right. I'll do it.
天 没事 没事 我来吧
- What is it? - Zip.
-怎么了 -拉链
Everybody turn around, please.
请大家都转身
Ready for you now, ma'am.
您可以入场了 陛下
My fellow Egyptians.
我的埃及同胞们
The Suez Canal, which flows
苏伊士运河
through our country like a major artery...
像主要河流一样流经我国
was built by our fathers and grandfathers
由我们的祖祖辈辈修建而成
But the company that purportedly owns this canal
但是宣称拥有运河的这家公司
is British and French.
归英国和法国所有
Well, I say they do not own it.
我说 运河不属于他们
I imagined I had seen Ferdinand de Lesseps...
我想象自己见到斐迪南·德·雷赛布
That's the code word.
听到暗号了
Ferdinand de Lesseps.
斐迪南·德·雷赛布
Ferdinand de Lesseps...
斐迪南·德·雷赛布
the engineer who built the canal in 1869...
在1869年建造了苏伊士运河的工程师
We have fought for years to eliminate
多年来 我们奋力抹除
the odious effects of the past
殖民主义和独裁专制
of the colonialism and despotism...
所遗留下的恶果
Excuse me. What the devil do you think you're doing?
等等 你们想做什么
- ...which have ruled us for centuries! - Take your hands--
-几世纪以来我们受人支配 -放手...
Tonight, fellow countrymen, I am proud to inform you...
今晚 我很荣幸向各位同胞宣布
Gentlemen. Your hands above your heads, please!
各位 请把双手放在头上
...we have taken back the Suez Canal!
我们已将苏伊士运河收归国有
It is now in Egyptian hands.
它现在是埃及人的运河
And it will be run by Egyptians!
它将由埃及人管理
Because today our time has come...
因为是时候
for freedom from colonial oppressors!
让我们摆脱殖民者的压迫了
Freedom from colonial thieves!
脱离殖民 重获自由
- I've woken up in this bed. - Yes, you have.
-我居然在这张床上醒来 -没错
- Where do you get your energy from? - Oh, I don't know.
-你这身活力哪来的 -我也不知道
I am going to miss you.
我会想你的
No, I can't, darling. I've got 20 star jumps to do.
不行 亲爱的 我还得做二十下开合跳
You can do them here.
你可以来这里做
- No! No! - No, no!
-不不不 -别进来
- Out! Out! - Sorry, sir.
-出去 -抱歉 陛下
- Thank you. - Out, everyone.
-谢谢 -都出去吧
Right. My car or yours? Or is that a stupid question?
开我的车还是你的 这是不是蠢问题
- It's a stupid question. - All right.
-这是个蠢问题 -好吧
Heads or tails to see who drives back.
掷硬币决定回程谁开
Heads. Your wife. You lose.
是正面 你夫人的头像 你输了
She and I are getting on rather well at the moment.
我和她最近感情还不错
- Oh, really? - Yes, really.
-是吗 -是的
Wish I could say the same.
真希望我家那位也能跟我这样
We're very fortunate to have a former pupil, and now
今天非常幸运能请到我们一位校友
Prime Minister, come to say a few words to us this morning.
同时也是当今首相 来为我们致辞
Thank you, Sir Claude.
谢谢 克劳德先生
Now there's been a lot of talk recently
近来诸多舆论
about how much the world has changed since the war...
关于战后世界局势的变化
and how much society in Britain has changed...
以及战后英国社会的改变
or how much it jolly well ought to change.
或是它该如何改变
And that places like Eton should no longer be seen
甚至说伊顿公学这样的学校
as the birthplace of Britain's leaders.
不该再被视为英国领导人的摇篮
To which I, as a fully paid up egalitarian
身为平等主义爱好者
and progressive member of the Conservative Party say...
以及保守党的激进成员 我想说...
what a lot of absolute nonsense.
简直一派胡言
If Britain's leaders aren't coming from Eton,
如果英国领导人不是来自于伊顿公学
then where should they be coming from?
那么该从哪里来
You see before you the 16th Etonian Prime Minister.
站在各位眼前的是伊顿出身的第十六位首相
Sixteen... out of 40.
历届四十位中的十六个
Not a bad percentage.
相当高的比例
Harrow, incidentally, only accounts for seven.
顺带一提 哈罗公学只培育出七位首相
Well, yes, you might well argue that as a social pool,
没错 也许你们会说这样的社交圈
But narrowness at the top is not necessarily a bad thing.
但是顶尖圈层的狭隘未必是件坏事
For as any serviceman will tell you,
任何一位军人都会知道
when the heat is on, one needs a shorthand,
合刃之急 士兵们需要术语
a shared language and understanding.
相互都能理解的共同语言
Eton has, for generations now,
世世代代以来 伊顿公学
provided Britain with that clarity.
给英国提供了清晰与明了
That... shared language.
那份...共同语言
Sir, Nasser has seized control of the Suez Canal
首相 纳赛尔控制了苏伊士运河
and taken command of the company's offices.
而且占领了运河公司办公室
I'm afraid we shall have to leave it there, gentlemen.
恐怕我的演讲到此为止
You asked to see me, ma'am?
您找我 陛下
Yes, I wanted to leave this letter and this gift
是的 我想把这封信和礼物
somewhere that the Duke of Edinburgh might find it.
放在爱丁堡公爵能看见的地方
Preferably on the airplane. I thought perhaps in his luggage?
最好能在飞机上 放他行李里如何
That travels separately.
行李分开运送
I would suggest placing it inside his briefcase.
我建议放入他的手提箱
Yes. Of course. Well, just let me know when the coast is clear.
好的 时机合适时通知我一声
Actually, now, ma'am. He has an appointment with his tailor,
现在就可以 陛下 他和裁缝师有约
followed by the lunch club with Commander Parker.
接着和帕克中校在午餐俱乐部有约
Yes. It's Thursday. Of course.
当然了 今天星期四
...boot polish, binoculars, rifle and ammunition as well.
...鞋油 望远镜 步枪和子弹
Your Majesty. We've just had a call from Downing Street.
陛下 我们刚接到唐宁街来电
The Prime Minister has asked to see you urgently.
首相有急事求见
So sorry to have kept you waiting.
抱歉让你等候
Late last night, President Nasser's men
昨日深夜 纳赛尔总统的部下
stormed the offices of the Suez Canal Company
突袭苏伊士运河公司的办公室
and have now seized control of the canal.
现已夺取运河控制权
He claims to be doing this on behalf of the Egyptian people.
他宣称此举是为了埃及人民
In reality, it is the act of a thief.
事实上 这是盗贼行为
A petty hoodlum, showing off for the benefit of the Soviets.
一个无赖 替苏联出风头
But we've dealt with worse.
我们处理过更糟的情况
Appropriate measures are being put in place.
已经采取了适当的举措
We will simply pay the pilots to leave their posts.
我们会给这些引航员钱 让他们离岗
- Pilots? - Suez Canal pilots, ma'am.
-引航员 -苏伊士运河的引航员 夫人
Highly-skilled mariners, British and French,
非常熟练的水手 都是英国人和法国人
who take the helm of any ship
他们能驾驶任何船只
entering the canal to ensure its safe passage
进入运河流域 安全通过
through extremely challenging and narrow waterways.
险滩和极为狭长的河道
The Egyptians are not a seafaring people.
埃及人并不擅长航海
They don't have the skills, and they don't have the men.
他们没有技术 也没有专业人员
Taking the pilots away will simply paralyze the canal.
撤走这些引航员就能让整个运河航运瘫痪
And it won't be long before...
过不了多久...
President Nasser will come back repentant and humiliated.
纳赛尔总理就会悔恨难堪地回来了
It's a hell of a gamble. I hope you told him so.
这是场豪赌 希望你提醒过他了
- What? - The Prime Minister.
-什么 -首相
Pulling the pilots out of the Suez Canal.
撤走苏伊士运河的引航员
How do you know he even intends to?
你怎么知道他打算这么做
Oh, no, don't tell me. Contacts from your lunch club.
别和我说 是你午餐俱乐部的消息
No need to say it like that.
不用这样说
Well, information like
那种消息
that could only have come from inside Cabinet.
只有可能是从内阁传出来的
Or high up in the Foreign Office. Or the intelligence services.
或者外交部高层 或者情报系统的人
Our members come from all corners, darling.
我们的成员什么人都有
Well, I'm not entirely persuaded that this club is a good thing.
我还是不觉得这个午餐俱乐部是什么好地方
It keeps me busy. Keeps me informed.
这能让我有事做 让我跟得上时代
It's a very good thing. Would you like to know
很不错 你想知道
- why navigating the canal is so difficult? - Perhaps another time.
-为什么在运河行驶那么困难吗 -下次再说吧
People think it's just the water pressure,
人们总觉得只是水压问题
but hydraulics are only the half of it.
但是水力只是其中一个因素
The canal is narrow. The ships are vast, great big things.
运河河道很窄 船只是庞然大物
Uh, the tide is diurnal one end, seasonal at the other.
潮汐每天 每个季节都在变化
So the wind whips in off the desert,
所以沙漠中风向多变
your bow's always to the weather bank.
拉弓必须得看天气
The pilots have to track a steady course
引航员需要在几百英里的水路上
for the best part of a hundred miles.
找到最为稳定的航线
Excuse me. What are you doing? Put them back.
不好意思 你在干什么 放回去
They're my tankers.
这是我的巨轮
I mean, it takes them seven years to learn how to do it.
我花了七年才搞明白是怎么做的
- Where are you going? - I'm tired.
-你去哪里 -我累了
It's our last night in five months.
我们接下来五个月都见不着面了
A bit more. A bit more. All right.
再过来点 再过来点 好了
Michael, what's that?
迈克尔 那读什么
- DC-4. - Good man.
-DC4 -好样的
You know we will be separated for Christmas again.
你知道我们今年圣诞节又不在一起
I know. Not ideal.
我知道 不大好
And your daughter's birthday. Again.
还有你女儿的生日 又不在一起
I'll call this time. I won't forget.
这次我会打电话来 我不会忘记的
And our anniversary. Again.
还有我们的生日 又不在一起
What do you want me to say, Eileen?
你想让我怎么说 艾琳
You were as excited as I was when Philip offered me this job.
菲利普当时给我这个工作的时候你和我一样开心
You thought it would be good for me, good for all of us.
你觉得这工作对我 对我们都好
I didn't expect the job to become your life.
我没想到工作会占据你的生活
When I get back, I will make it up to you. I promise.
我回来后会补偿你的 我保证
Goodbye, Daddy! Bye!
再见 爸爸 再见
- Ah. Hello. - Your Majesty.
-你好 -陛下
- Welcome aboard, sir. - Hello.
-欢迎登机 先生 -你好
Right, well. I suppose we'd better say goodbye properly.
我们还是好好道别吧
We're not in front of the cameras now, are we, Charles?
我们现在不在镜头前吧 查尔斯
- Look after your sister. - Yes, I will.
-照顾好妹妹 -我会的
- When you're ready, sir. - Thank you.
-您准备好就起飞 先生 -谢谢
We won't keep you.
我们不会妨碍你们
Have a safe journey.
一路顺风
- Are you all right? - Splendid.
-你没事吧 -好极了
I tell you, the idiot that came up with the idea of marriage
我告诉你 想出婚姻制度的这个混蛋
has a lot to answer for.
绝对得好好修理一番
Well, you know what they say...
你知道他们总是说...
"Marriage is a wonderful institution," But let's face it,
"婚姻是完美的制度" 但是面对现实吧
who wants to live in an institution?
谁想活在制度中
President Nasser. A pleasure to meet you.
纳赛尔总统 很高兴见到你
Thank you, Lieutenant. The pleasure is all mine.
谢谢你 中尉 我也很荣幸
In the wake of President Nasser's seizure of the Suez Canal,
纳赛尔总理夺回苏伊士运河后
Russian mariners have been pouring into Egypt.
俄国水手蜂拥进入埃及
These Soviet master seamen are now training Egyptian pilots,
这些苏联水手正在训练埃及引航员
who are proving to be more adept sailors than many predicted.
他们要比其他的水手更加娴熟
Hopes that the loss of British
希望能够减少
and French trained pilots would close the waterways
英国和法国引航员撤离
Britain now finds herself at the
英国现在已经
center of rising tensions between East and West.
处于东方和西方紧张关系的中央
And with only six weeks of oil reserves,
只剩下六个月的石油储备
in an increasingly desperate situation at home.
其处境越来越艰难
The United States is refusing to
美国拒绝在这场
be drawn on its position in the escalating crisis.
愈演愈烈的纠纷中出手
But with the Soviet Union backing President Nasser,
但是有了苏联支持纳赛尔总统
commentators are calling
社评认为
this the most serious international crisis
这是第二次世界大战后
the world has faced since the Second World War.
最为严重的国际纠纷
- Yes. - The Chancellor, sir.
-进来 -总理大臣来了 先生
I'm afraid that, uh, "When sorrows come,
恐怕 "痛苦降临之时
they come not single spies..."
他们不会单独而来"
-"...but in battalions." -Indeed.
-"而会接踵而至" -没错
As the world now knows,
现在全世界都知道了
Nasser's ragtag collection of part-time pilots
纳赛尔找的那群业余引航员
have somehow managed to retain control of the canal.
居然想办法稳定了运河的航运
And to make matters worse,
更糟的是
it seems they've been helped by the Russians.
看来是有俄国人在帮他们
If they get away with this, we will be a complete laughing stock.
如果他们得逞 我们就会彻底沦为笑柄
Nasser will be able to close the canal at any time
纳赛尔将随时可以封锁运河
and cut us off from the oil on which we absolutely depend.
从而切断我们赖以生存的原油
We have no alternative. We must attack. Swiftly and decisively.
我们别无选择 必须出击 快速果断
We must restore the status quo.
我们必须恢复原来的状态
I say it's the right thing...
我觉得这是正确的事
and for you, personally...
对你个人也一样
to finally step out from Winston's long shadow.
能让你终于走出温斯顿长久以来的阴影
"Take but degree away...
"没有了纪律
untune that string..."
就像琴弦绷断"
"...and, hark, what discord follows."
"听吧 刺耳的噪音随之而来"
There is only one proven way to deal with fascists.
历史证明 要应对法西斯只有一种方法
And while I'm sure...
虽然我确定
While I'm sure we all commend our Prime Minister's confidence,
虽然我确定我们都对首相的信心赞许有加
he seems to forget that there can be no military action
但他似乎忘了 没有联合国的支持
without support from the UN.
就不能展开军事行动
Support we do not have.
而我们并无这些支持
We cannot go to war alone.
我们不能单方面开战
Don't you look smart?
你们真时髦啊
- You've got your presents? - Yes.
-你们都拿上礼物了吗 -嗯
Mommy was hoping to come with you,
妈妈很想跟你们一起去
but I've got very behind.
可我手头的事进度落下太多了
So, could you send my apologies
能帮我跟帕克先生
- to Mrs. Parker? -Of course, ma'am.
-道歉吗 -当然 陛下
Enjoy yourselves. Mm?
你们好好玩 好吗
Who wants to play I Spy in the car?
谁想在车上玩猜物游戏
- Is that Daddy? Shall we speak to him? - Yes!
-是爸爸吗 我们去跟他说话吧 -好
Uh, no. Seven o'clock will be fine.
没事 七点没问题
I'm sure he'll call later, all right?
他晚点一定会打来的 好吗
*Happy birthday to you*
*祝你生日快乐*
- Hip, hip! - Hooray!
-生日 -快乐
- Hip, hip! - Hooray!
-生日 -快乐
- Hip, hip! - Hooray!
-生日 -快乐
- Who wants a slice of cake? - Me!
-谁想来一块蛋糕 -我
- Why didn't Daddy telephone? -I don't know.
-爸爸为什么没打电话来 -我不知道
He must be very busy.
他肯定非常忙
He loves you very much.
他非常爱你
Would you like to know the principal,
你想知道作为大英保龄球协会的首席赞助人
perhaps only, advantage
最主要的
of being the Chief Patron of the English Bowling Association?
也许也是唯一的好处是什么吗
My fellow patrons are frequently too old or too ill to meet.
其他赞助人经常要么太老要么病重 没法碰面
Which means I find myself unexpectedly free for lunch.
意思是我意外地发现自己午餐时间很空闲
Well, I've just woken up.
我刚醒
- It's 11:30. - Yes.
-都十一点半了 -我知道
I left strict instructions not to be disturbed by anyone.
我严格指示过 任何人不得打扰
I can see a conspiracy to drive me insane is well underway.
我感觉有个要把我逼疯的阴谋正在进行
We started at Mirabelle,
我们从蜜拉贝儿开始
and then went to the 400, and then ended up at Les Ambassadeurs.
然后去了400 最后到了使者[均为夜店名]
Just Colin, Johnny, Judy Montagu.
就科林 强尼 朱迪·蒙塔古
Is it possible that you're still drunk?
你会不会还没酒醒
Do you know, I think I might be, slightly.
知道吗 我觉得可能是有一点
- You need to be more careful. - Yes, quite right.
-你得多加小心 -对 非常对
Grain and grape don't mix.
粮食酒和葡萄酒可不能混着喝
I meant about where you're seen. And with whom.
我是说小心你去的地方 还有你同去的人
You're drinking far more than you used to.
你现在喝得比以前多太多了
Why do you think that is?
你觉得这是为什么
Because I'm unhappier than I used to be.
因为我比以前更不快乐
And why is that? Because I am still unmarried.
这又是为什么 因为我还未婚
Oh, because you denied me my perfect match.
对 因为你否决了我天造地设的对象
As your sister, I would have
作为你姐姐 我会
been perfectly happy for you to marry Peter.
非常为你和皮特的结合而高兴
- What? - It was the Crown that forbade it.
-什么 -是王冠阻止了你们的事
Not to mention the fact that he was a little old.
更何况他当时年纪有点大了
- Not really from the right-- - Don't you dare say "Background."
-而且没有合适的... -你敢说"出身"
Well... I just think it might have all come back to haunt you.
我只是觉得你还会为这些事困扰
What, did Philip's Nazi sisters come back to haunt him?
怎么 菲利普的纳粹妹妹们回来缠着他了吗
Or his lunatic mother? Or his womanizing, bankrupt father?
还是他的疯子老妈 还是他那破产的色鬼父亲
- Philip? - Yes.
-菲利普吗 -对
He's fine. I think.
他还好 我觉得是的
What, you don't know?
什么意思 你不知道吗
- No, Malaya. - You don't know that either.
-不对 在马来半岛 -这你也不知道
- Is that bad? - It's just a little odd.
-很糟吗 -只是有点奇怪
A little remote. A little chilly.
有点远 有点冷
- Doesn't he write to you? - Hm. He's not much of a writer.
-他不给你写信吗 -他不太喜欢写信
Mike telephoned from Mombasa
迈克从蒙巴萨打电话来
- to say that they'd arrived safely. - Who's Mike?
-说他们平安抵达 -迈克是谁
His private secretary.
他的私人秘书
- Oh, yes. That little Australian. - Yes.
-对 那个澳大利亚小个子 -是的
- What do you make of him? - I'm not sure I make anything of him.
-你感觉他怎么样 -我不确定我对他有什么感觉
We were all very close in Malta.
我们在马耳他的时候都很亲密
The children sometimes play together now.
那些孩子有时会一起玩耍
Philip says he'd be lost without him.
菲利普说没有他的话自己会感觉迷失
Oh, just as long as he isn't lost because of him.
只要他不是因为他而迷失就行
What does that mean?
什么意思
It means he's got something of a reputation.
我的意思是他有一些传言
- Who, Mike? - Yes, Mike.
-谁 迈克 -对 迈克
Isn't he thick as thieves with that sinister osteopath?
他不是跟那个邪恶的整骨医生亲密无间吗
- What osteopath? - The one who knows everyone.
-什么整骨医生 -认识所有人的那个
Always arranging gentlemen's weekends here and there with...
总是在周末给绅士们安排活动 跟一些...
- actresses and... - Ballerinas.
-女演员 还有... -芭蕾舞女演员
How did you know that?
你怎么知道的
I don't mind telling you, everything else
我不介意告诉你
I've achieved in life:
我的其他人生成就
Supreme Allied Commander in Southeast Asia,
东南亚最高统帅
even First Sea Lord...
甚至第一海务大臣
all pale by comparison to this.
跟这个比起来都不值一提
To match my father and be Admiral of the Fleet,
追随我父亲 成为海军元帅
really is most satisfying.
其实是最欣慰的
- Sir. - I said we were not to be disturbed.
-先生 -我说过不要来打扰我们
It's the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, sir.
是外交国务大臣 先生
He said it was urgent.
他说事情紧急
I'm afraid I didn't know who else to come and see.
我不知道还有谁会来
- Hello, darling. - Don't stay up.
-你好 亲爱的 -别睡太晚
Won't be back until late.
我得很晚才能回来
Have fun. Where are you off to?
玩得开心 你要去哪里
I thought we agreed, mysteries on both sides.
我记得我们商量过 给对方一点神秘感
- We did. - Then don't ask.
-没错 -那就别问了
May I present Anthony Nutting?
请让我介绍安东尼·纳丁
Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
外交国务大臣
- How do you do? - Lady Mountbatten.
-你好吗 -蒙巴顿夫人
- I entirely approve of foreign affairs. - Now, now, darling.
-外交事务我完全不会介意 -好了 亲爱的
Mm, this one's even more handsome than Eden.
这个比艾登还要帅
A cabinet of dishes.
整整齐齐的
- You're very kind. - How was the fitting, dear?
-你真好 -衣服试得怎么样 亲爱的
I'll let you into a secret, Mr. Nutting.
我告诉你一个秘密 纳丁先生
My husband cares for nothing and no one
没什么能让我丈夫
in quite the same way he cares for his uniforms.
比他的制服更在意了
We're fortunate enough to have a ballroom in this house.
还好我们房子里有个宴会厅
But is it the largest room here? No.
但那是这里最大的房间吗 不
That's reserved for my husband's uniforms.
最大的房间为我丈夫的制服留着呢
One can only ask oneself what it all compensates for.
只有他自己才知道这一切是为了什么
I should have thought that was obvious.
我应该想到的
The gaping wounds left
撕裂的伤口只是
by the simplest encounter with you, my dear.
因为与你的相遇 亲爱的
I'm not saying I condone how Nasser is behaving, not at all.
我是说我不会纵容纳赛尔的作为 完全不会
The man clearly needs to be put back in his place.
那个人显然需要回到自己的位置上
But my greater concern is that our Prime Minister's response
但我最关心的是我们的首相
to the whole situation is... personal.
对整个状况的回应 太个人化了
Deeply personal, and that he will
个人化太严重了 他会使用
reach for the ultimate solution, armed conflict,
终极解决办法 也就是武装冲突
without waiting for an international coalition to join him.
而不等待国际联盟的加入
a delegation of French government and intelligence officials
一个法国政府和情报官员组成的代表团
came to Downing Street for secret talks.
来到唐宁街进行秘密会谈
Further secret talks are
下周还会跟以色列官员
planned with Israeli officials next week.
进行秘密会谈
So, what have we got today?
那么 今天我们吃什么
Potted shrimp or deviled crabmeat imperial.
炖虾和芥末蟹肉
Followed by cassoulets à la jockey club.
还有砂锅炖肉豆
Lord Mountbatten, Your Majesty.
蒙巴顿大人 陛下
Thank you for seeing me.
谢谢您见我
Well, I've got a long-standing
恐怕我这个时候
commitment at the theater, I'm afraid.
早就约好要去剧院
But I thought we'd have an early supper before I go.
但我认为在我走之前我们得早点吃晚饭
Mommy's most put out she hasn't been invited.
妈妈没有获邀很不高兴
Under normal circumstances, uh,
正常情况下
a mad rush to war might be explained as a play for legacy.
发动战争的冲动可能被解释为追求传统
He was in Winston's shadow for so long,
他在温斯顿的影子下太久了
a quick and successful war might look good on his record.
一场快速的胜仗会为他增添些光彩
But in this case, I think it
但在这件事上 我认为
boils down to an irrational personal dislike.
这都归结为非理性的私人恩怨
The two men, he and Nasser, just hate one another.
他和纳赛尔两个人只是互相仇恨
And the rest of us are just getting caught up in it.
而我们其他人只是被卷入其中了
What are you suggesting that I do about it?
你建议我要做什么
You have your weekly private
你们每周有
audience in which the two of you are alone.
只有你们两个人的会面
Observe him carefully. Listen to him closely.
认真地观察他 仔细地听他讲话
Read your cabinet minutes... minutely.
细致解读你的内阁
Yes, well, I'm not really supposed to do that.
好 不过我不应该那样做
Even if it's in the interests of national security?
即使是以国家安全的名义
I'll keep an eye on him.
我会看着他的
Thank you for supper.
多谢晚餐
You... You will let me know, won't you,
你会让我知道的 对吧
when I can take care of
我可以帮你
all this and send you someone really good?
给你派些能干的人
- The food. - What's wrong with it?
-吃的 -怎么了
It belongs in a nursery.
这是幼儿园吃的
Everything that should've been hot was cold.
热食都弄成了凉菜
Everything that should've been soft was hard.
该煮软的都嚼不动
I've neither noticed or cared.
我没留意 也不在乎
And frankly, Dickie, the older and grander you get,
说实话 迪基 随年纪和地位增长
the more common you become.
你也会越来越像个普通人
- Have you heard from Philip? - How's Philip?
-你有和菲利普联系吗 -菲利普还好吗
No, no, not a word.
没有 没他的消息
- They will be keeping him busy. - Oh, yes, of course.
-他在那很忙碌的 -那当然
You married a wild spirit.
你的伴侣有着不羁的灵魂
Trying to tame them is no use.
试图驯服只是徒劳
There were times in India, it was all right under my nose,
在印度那时候 一切都在我眼皮底下发生
with Nehru of all people, my opposite number.
她偏选了尼赫鲁
The humiliation could not have been more complete.
没什么比那更羞辱人了
Of course I considered ending it.
我当然考虑过一刀两断
And then I imagined how thin and how poor life would be.
但我又想到 生活会变得多么无单调可悲
And I realized that when you really adore someone...
我发现 当你真心爱慕一个人
as fully and as hopelessly as I think you and I do...
像你我这样 无可救药的爱慕
you put up with anything.
你会无限妥协
Did I say play? I meant ballet.
我说了剧吗 我意思是芭蕾
Well, I should say Royal Ballet.
我该说皇家芭蕾舞会
We've just given them a charter, so I really do have to go.
我们授予了他们特许 所以我真必须去
Oh, isn't that Galina Ulanova?
不就是加林娜·乌兰诺娃演出的
- Yes. - Lucky you.
-是的 -你真幸运
They say she's quite the thing.
据说她非常了不起
- Do they? - That's what they say.
-是吗 -是这么听说的
They're wondering if you'd like now to meet Miss Ulanova, ma'am.
他们问您是否想会见乌兰诺娃小姐
I've prepared some tea. Would Her Majesty like...?
我准备了茶 女王陛下是否...
I've been a man of peace.
崇尚和平
Working for peace,
为和平而工作
striving for peace, negotiating for peace.
为和平而奋斗 为和平而协商
I could not be other, even if I wished.
除了和平 我别无他想
And even though we are faced
虽然我们在中东地区
with an illegal act of plunder
面对暴君的
by a dangerous tyrant in the Middle East,
非法掠夺行为
which threatens our livelihood and that of many nations,
我国及其他众国的民生也备受威胁
I am determined to find a peaceful solution.
我仍坚持寻求和平解决途径
- Your Majesty. - Prime Minister.
-陛下 -首相
Events are unfolding at great speed.
事件发展十分快速
Do sit down, Prime Minister.
请坐 首相
In the early hours of this morning,
今天清晨
the Israeli army launched an attack into Egyptian territory,
以色列军队在西奈半岛
the Sinai Peninsula,
向埃及领土发动攻击
and is rapidly approaching the Suez Canal.
目前快速接近苏伊士运河中
The Egyptian army has mobilized a retaliatory force
埃及军方已组织动员反击部队
and is about to engage.
即将发动反击
Her Majesty's government has now issued a deadline
陛下的政府已经向
to both Israel and Egypt
以色列和埃及
to halt all acts of war...
发出休战最后期限
and to allow Anglo-French forces into the country
并且要求允许英法军队
to preserve the peace.
进入当地维和
The Israelis have expressed a willingness to comply
以色列表示 只要埃及也同意
if the Egyptians do, but alas...
他们将愿意配合 只可惜
President Nasser has thus far refused.
纳赛尔总统依旧拒绝
When does the deadline expire?
最后期限是什么时候
Tomorrow morning, ma'am.
明天上午 陛下
And the next step, in your view, would be?
那么你认为下一步该如何
Military intervention, ma'am.
进行军事干预 陛下
- War? - Indeed.
-发动战争 -是的
But to keep the peace.
为维持和平而战
It is the correct thing to do, ma'am.
这是正确的做法 陛下
Nasser is playing roulette with the stability of the whole world.
纳赛尔把世界局势的稳定当作赌博游戏
Thank you for your explanation.
感谢你的说明
Before you go, I do have one or two questions.
你走之前 我有一两个问题
When you mentioned that the Israelis had launched an attack,
你提到以色列发动攻击时
you didn't seem surprised.
似乎毫不惊讶
Why would I seem surprised?
我为什么要惊讶
Unless I'm mistaken,
除非是我弄错
the Israeli position has always been
以色列向来主张
that they would, under no circumstances,
绝不主动
launch a full-scale attack by themselves
发动全面攻击
for fear of diplomatic isolation.
因为害怕受到外交孤立
And yet they've gone on to do precisely that,
但他们却这么做了
indicating that either they changed their mind,
这表明他们改变了心意
or... there'd been some kind of collusion.
或者是 背后存在某种共谋
Colluded with Israel?
私下与以色列共谋
this government met with representatives
本政府与法国和以色列的
of the French and Israeli governments in a small village
政府代表在巴黎近郊的
on the outskirts of Paris,
小村庄里会面
where a document was signed.
现场签订了一份文件
The Sèvres Protocol.
《塞夫勒协议》
Which outlines plans for a coordinated offensive against Egypt,
概述了相互合作 对埃及采取攻势的策略
whereby the Israeli army would
以色列军队会在
attack the Egyptian army near the Suez Canal,
苏伊士运河附近攻击埃及军
thus allowing the intervention of Anglo-French forces.
借此允许英法军队介入干预
Who else knows about this?
还有谁知情
Individual members of Cabinet.
某些内阁成员
- Senior members. - But not Parliament?
-资深成员 -但国会不知情
- No. - Or the United Nations?
-对 -联合国也不知情
When does all this begin?
什么时候开始
Airstrikes begin tomorrow.
明天开始空袭
- You don't want to give it more time? - No, ma'am.
-你不给他们多点时间 -不 陛下
The right thing to do is to go in now, and to go in hard.
正确做法就是斩钉截铁 强势行动
I was right about Mussolini.
墨索里尼的事我说对了
I was right about Hitler, and I am right about this fella.
希特勒我也说对了 这家伙我也不会看错
Do I have your support?
我能得到您的支持吗
The Prime Minister always has the Sovereign's support.
君主永远支持首相