鲸骑士 Whale Rider

上映日期: 2,002

语言: 英语 / 毛利语

影片类型: 剧情 / 家庭

导演: 妮琪·卡罗

演员: 凯莎·卡斯特-休伊斯 / 拉维里·帕拉特恩 / 薇姬·浩顿 / 克利夫·柯蒂斯 / 格兰特·罗阿


台词
-=字幕时间轴调校zjuvip=-
-------------------------------- --------------------------------
本字幕纯属翻译爱好者交流学习使用谢绝它用,否则一切后果自负
(MYSTICAL MUSIC)
GIRL: In the old days, the land felt a great emptiness.
很久以前,大地一片孤寂
It was waiting.
她苦苦等待...
Waiting to be filled up.
等待勃勃生机的降临...
Waiting for someone to love it.
等待有人爱她...
Waiting for a leader.
等待领袖的到来
(MYSTICAL MUSIC CONTINUES)
And he came on the back of a whale,
他驾鲸而至...
the man to lead a new people.
来领导一代新人
Our ancestor Paikea.
我们的先人, 派凯亚
But now we were waiting for the firstborn of the new generation.
现在,我们在等待新生代长子的降生...
For the descendant of the whale rider.
鲸骑士的子孙...
一个将会成为我们的酋长的男孩
For the boy who would be chief.
Get the oxygen!
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
Paikea.
派凯亚
我的降生并未带来喜悦
There was no gladness when I was born.
My twin brother died and took our mother with him.
我的双胞胎兄弟死了,同时也带走了我们的母亲
Rawiri.
拉维里
Everyone was waiting for the firstborn boy to lead us.
每个人都期盼着长子来做我们的酋长...
But he died.
但他死了...
And I didn't.
而我却活了下来
(Woman sings sad Maori song)
Where's the boy?
男孩呢?
Son?
儿子
What's done is done.
木已成舟,认命吧. 回家去
Come on.
Come home.
回家吧,重新开始
Start again.
You mean just pretend it didn't happen?
你是说就当作什么都没有发生吗?
That's not what I'm saying.
- 我不是这个意思- 你看都不看她,爸爸!
You didn't even look at her, Dad!
她死了
She died.
Son... No! No! No!
- 儿子--- 不,不,不!
Nuh.
不,不,你只想要个头胎生的男孩
No, all you want is your boy.
It's alright. That's all you want, isn't it?
- 没错- 你就只要这个,不是吗?
You can start again. Hey, I've got a child.
- 你可以重新开始- 嘿,我已经有个孩子了
Her name's Paikea.
她的名字是派凯亚
What?
- 什么?- 我说的够明白了
You heard me.
No.
不,不能用这名字
Not that name.
It's Paikea.
- 就要派凯亚- 不行!
No!
Porourangi.
波鲁朗伊--
Porourangi!
波鲁朗伊
POROURANGI!
波鲁朗伊!
Take her away.
把她带走
(Snuffles)
(Chants in Maori)
(Paikeha cries)
我要你把她带走
I told you to take her away.
No. You acknowledge your granddaughter.
不,你得认识一下你的孙女
(Stops crying)
She likes you.
她喜欢你
He'll have another child.
他会再生个男孩的
He just lost a child and a wife. Isn't that enough?
他已经失去了妻子和一个孩子难道还不够吗?
You give that boy some time. You hear me?
你给他点时间恢复吧,听到没有?
He'll be back when he's ready.
他准备好的时候会回来的
(Cries)
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
Stupid old Paka.
这个老糊涂
You say the word and I'll get a divorce, bubba.
你再这么说,我就和你离婚
Just say the word.
再说啊
What did he say to her?
- 他对你说什么了?- 还不是老一套
Same old story.
Not good enough for him, is she?
他对她可不怎么样,是吗?
He start that early with me?
他之前也是这样对我的,是吗?
You're a man. You can handle it.
你是个男人,你应该可以应付的
给,抱抱她,熟悉一下
Here.
Better get used to it.
This one's going to need someone to look out for her.
得有人来照顾她
Yeah, alright.
好的
My Koro wished in his heart that I'd never been born.
我的爷爷柯洛打心眼里就不希望我出生...
But he changed his mind.
但他改变主意了
(GENTLE MUSIC)
(HAUNTING SINGING OVER RHYTHMIC MUSIC)
(Both laugh)
There! Hey!
嘿!坏老头!
(Laughs) You old Paka!
快点!
Quick!
他们来的好快啊,该早点把烟熄掉
Gee, they were quick.
Must have let them off early.
- 你们抽烟?- 你才抽了呢
You've been smoking.
Says you!
毛利女人不该抽烟
Maori women have got to stop smoking.
We've got to protect our child-bearing properties.
我们必须保护我们的生育能力
Are youse coming to the concert?
你们来音乐会吗?
We might.
I bet she's got her best gears all laid out on the bed.
- 也许吧- 我打赌她把她所有好衣服都摆在床上挑选了
- 我爸爸会来参加的- 哦,是吗?看来我要把最漂亮的衣服拿出来了
My dad's coming.
Better get my flash dress out, then.
How long's he staying this time?
他这回打算呆多久?5分钟
Five minutes? Longer than that.
比那长点
That's good, 'cause I blinked and missed him last time.
很好,上次我眨了一下眼睛,他就不见了
What time's the concert, bub?
音乐会几点开始,孩子?
7:30.
7:30, 别迟到了
And don't be late.
Gee, she's bossy, that one.
天哪,她真专横
It would have to be smoking in a pretty funny place
看来我们得另找个好地方抽烟来破坏我们的生育能力了
to wreck your child-bearing properties!
(Sings in Maori)
如果你问我这屋子的名字,我会告诉你
叫做“维特里亚”
屋顶上雕有神像
他就是派凯亚,就是派凯亚
(Paikeha chants in Maori)
(FEET STAMP RHYTHMICALLY)
(Sings in Maori)
No good to you, you reckon? Shh!
- 看来你可以退休了,你认为呢?- 嘘!
(Other children sing)
(Boy farts)
(Farts loudly)
(SCORNFUL LAUGHTER)
(Sings in Maori)
(Others chant)
What are they feeding you?
- 他们给你吃了什么?- 你看上去有点不一样了
You look different.
Oh, you do too.
- 嗯,你也是,长大了- 没有
You must be growing up.
Am not.
Sorry I was late.
- 抱歉,我迟到了- 没关系,反正这样也是臭哄哄的
It doesn't matter. We all stink anyway.
Oh!
Got to look my best for your brother.
我要以最佳状态见你兄弟
Hey, bro.
- 嘿,兄弟- 拉维里?
Rawiri?
Good to see you, mate.
见到你很高兴
(Laughs)
Yeah, put on a bit of weight since I saw you last, eh?
- 你好像胖了点- 是的
Yeah. Hey, this is my new lady.
这是我的新女人
- Kia ora. Kia-ora. Oh, kia-ora.
- Kia Ora, (毛利招呼语,您好)
你还想要我另一个儿子吗?
How many of my sons do you need, girl?
Give us a hand with the food. Make yourself useful.
过来帮把手,别老闲着
你也来, 派
You too, Pai. Come on, mate.
来吧,让这些大人物谈重要的事情
Let these important guys have their talk, eh?
Take your time.
慢慢来,不用急
They've been waiting for you.
他们可以等你
Been a while this time, son.
好久不见,儿子
Been away.
去了很远的地方,你没收到我的明信片吗?
Didn't you get any of my postcards?
Your mother put something on the fridge.
你妈放了几张在冰箱上面,是座桥还是什么的
I don't know what it was. A bridge or something.
France probably.
也许是在法国
I've been spending a bit of time in Germany too.
我在德国也待了不少时间
Like you there, do they?
- 那里的人喜欢你吗?- 有些人喜欢
Mmm, some of them do.
- 你一直很忙,是吗?- 是的,是的,很好
So you've been busy, then?
Yeah. Yeah, it's been good.
You know, I've got a gallery interested. Had some good shows.
有间画廊看上了我的作品,我开了几次不错的展览
你还好吗?
How about you?
We've been alright.
一直都不错
Well, it's good to see you, Dad.
很高兴见到你,爸爸
(POIGNANT MUSIC)
这是我爸爸没造完的战船...
It was my father's waka.
But after I was born, he didn't want to carve it anymore.
我出生以后,他就再也不想完工了
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
He went away.
他离开了
Everybody did.
每个人都是这样
Sorry, Mum. You've come a long way.
- 抱歉,妈妈- 你大老远回家,可以多睡一会儿
I think you can have a sleep-in.
Isn't he having any breakfast?
- 他不吃早餐吗?- 会堂下面的化粪池堵住了
The septic tank's blocked down at the marae.
不能让其他人来弄吗?
Can't somebody else do it?
Eat your breakfast. You're too skinny.
吃你的早餐吧. 你太瘦了屁股上一点肉都没有
I can't hardly see your bum in those pants.
Thanks, Mum.
谢谢,妈
谢谢,妈
Your timing's spooky, boy.
你总是神出鬼没的
(Boys laugh)
(All imitate farts)
(Clucks)
放屁虫!
噗嗤,噗嗤!
Ow!
- 干吗打我?- 为昨晚音乐会上的事下次你该学会尊重别人
What was that for?
For the concert last night.
You have more respect next time.
(WHISTLE BLOWS)
That teacher of yours - got herself a husband yet?
- 你们的老师结婚了吗?- 还没有
I don't think so.
She still got those things on her teeth?
她的牙齿还是那么不干净吗?
Paka.
爷爷, 我们学校要举行一个我们来自何方的演讲
At school, we got to do a speech on where we come from and that.
So anyway, you know how we all came on a whale?
你知道我们都是骑一头大鲸而来的吧?
That's right.
是的
But where does the whale come from?
但那头鲸鱼又是从哪里来的呢?
From Hawaiki.
- 从哈瓦基来的- 那是什么地方?
Where's that?
It's where we lived before we came here,
是我们来之前住的地方,我们祖先生活的地方
where the ancestors are.
So Paikea came from there?
- 那么, 派凯亚也是从那里来的- 是的
Aye.
How long ago?
- 多久以前?- 很久
A long time.
But how long?
到底多久?
See that there?
看见这个了吗,仔细看
Look at it closely.
看到什么了?
What do you see?
Lots of little bits of rope all twisted together.
- 很多股线捻在一块儿- 正是
That's right.
(Speaks Maori)
"Weave together the threads of Paikea
派凯亚的子孙团结起来我们就会保持强大
"so that our line remains strong."
Each one of those threads is one of your ancestors,
每一股代表一个祖先...
all joined together and strong.
团结在一起,变得强大...
All the way back to that whale of yours.
一直可以追溯到神鲸的时代
Oh!
没用的绳子,我去另找一根
Useless bloody rope. I'll get another one.
(HAUNTING MUSIC)
(ENGINE STARTS)
Paka!
爷爷! 爷爷!
It's working!
发动了!
发动了
It's working.
别再这么做了
(Slams engine off) I don't want you to do that again.
太危险了
It's dangerous.
(MELANCHOLY MUSIC)
That's a good one.
这个不错
Come in.
进来
There's a seat for you over there.
- 那边有个座位给你- 你好
Kia-ora. Kia-ora.
Hi. Kia-ora.
- 嗨- 嗨,你好
Have you met Pai's father?
你见过派的父亲?波鲁朗伊...
Porourangi, this is Miss Parata from the school.
这是学校老师派拉塔小姐
Kia-ora.
- 你好- 你好
I thought she'd appreciate seeing the show.
- 她一定会很喜欢你的展览- 没问题
No problem.
Uh, this is some of my work
这是我上次德国展览会的作品
from my last exhibition in Germany.
Start again from the beginning.
从头来一遍,她想全部都看
She wants to see all of it.
Alright.
好的
Yeah, like I was saying, uh...
我怎么说的来着,呃,抱歉
Oh, sorry!
Who's that, bro?
她是谁,哥哥?
Anne. It's a woman I've been seeing.
安娜,我约会的对象
实际上,她已经怀孕了
(Clears throat) Actually, she's pregnant.
We're expecting a child.
我们要生孩子了
你为什么没告诉我?
Why didn't you tell me?
Congratulations, bro.
祝贺你,哥哥,你总能找到漂亮妞
You always get the good-looking ones.
Where is she? Why didn't you bring her?
她在哪儿?怎么没带来?
Uh, she lives in Germany, Mum.
呃,她住在德国,她想在家里生孩子
She wanted to have the child at home.
You'll bring her back here? Yeah, of course.
- 你会把她带回来的吧- 当然
Well, a bit of a visit when the baby gets big.
嗯,等孩子大了,一起回来看看
拉维里, 送派拉塔小姐回去
Rawiri, take Miss Parata back to town.
Come with me, Pai.
跟我来, 派.
When were you going to tell me?
你打算什么时候告诉我?你离开的那天?
The day you left?
I've been trying to tell you since I got here.
我自打来的时候就想告诉你
Look, Dad, it's not forever.
听着,爸爸,又不是永远不回来这是安娜的第一个孩子
It's just... Well, it's Anne's first child.
You know, her work's there. Her family.
她的工作,家庭在那里
Family? Yeah.
家庭?
I can't expect her to move to the other side of the world.
是的,我不能指望她搬到地球另一边来
Don't you use that girl as an excuse.
别用那女孩做借口,你等不及要走你看得出来
You can't wait to get away. I see it in you.
You never stay because it hurts you to see what's happening to us.
你从没打算留下,因为看到我们就让你觉得受到伤害
Yeah, it does.
是的
You can still walk away from it.
你一直在逃避,让你造了一半的船烂在那里
Leave that waka of yours out there to rot!
So I'm not here shovelling shit.
我没有在这里挖化粪池,但我有自己的事业
But, Dad, I'm doing my share.
Oh, did you even see my work?
你有没有看过我的作品?你有没有正眼看过?
Did you... did you even look at it?
You call it work!
你称他们为作品?根本不是,只是一些旅游纪念品
It's not work. It's souvenirs.
Those young men you turn your back on,
那些你抛弃的年轻人--他们要以你做榜样
they've got something to learn from you.
You've got something to offer.
你必须作出奉献别走开!
Don't you turn away!
Yeah, you got the privileges.
你有你的权利...
But you forget, you've also got the obligations.
别忘了,你还有义务!
Look at me, Dad.
看着我,爸爸,哪怕就一次
For once in your life. Go on.
No, you don't even know who I am.
你根本不知道我是什么样的人
我知道你来到这个世界该做什么事情
I know who you're meant to be, who you were born to be.
哦,是的,但我失败了,是吗,爸爸?
Oh, yeah. Right. But I failed you, eh, Dad?
是的,因为什么?我生了个女儿?
Yeah. Because why? I had a daughter? I'm probably having another daughter.
我也许还会生个女儿
And you're not treating another child of mine like that.
我不会再让你这么对待我的另一个孩子了
Then take her with you if you don't like the job I'm doing!
那把她带走,你不喜欢我做的事情你就把她带走,带走!
Go on, take her!
Stop it! She's no use to me.
-够了!- 她对我一无是处
Pai!
派?
No, leave it. I'll get her.
不,让她去我去追她, 派!
Pai!
You alright?
你没事吧?
Got to watch that Koro sometimes.
你得小心你爷爷,他有时候口不则言,是吗?
Big mouth of his gets away on him, eh?
He didn't mean it... about me.
他不是故意那样说我的
Well... you know...
呃...
也许我们该好好考虑考虑
Maybe we should think about it.
考虑什么?
Think about what?
你来和我住段时间
You coming to live with me for a while.
What do you think?
你怎么想?
他为什么不要我?
Why doesn't he want me?
Oh, Pai, it's not you.
哦, 派, 从某种程度和你一点关系没有
It's not even about you, in a way.
Koro is just... he's just looking for something that doesn't exist anymore.
柯洛是在追求一些已经不存在的东西
A new leader?
一个新的酋长?但他们确实存在
They exist.
Yeah, they do,
是的,但我认为...
except I think it's become even more than that.
他想要的更多
In his head, your Koro, he needs a prophet.
在他的脑袋里,你的柯洛,他需要的是一个先知
What's that?
那是什么?
(Sighs)
Well, somebody who's gonna lead our people out of the darkness
一个能领导我们走出黑暗的人...
and who'll make everything alright again.
能够扭转乾坤的人
Only problem is you can't just decide who those people are
问题是,你不能替别人决定他们应该是什么的人,就因为你想他们成为什么样的人,是吗?
just because you want them to be, eh?
Like my brother?
就像我的兄弟?
Yeah.
是的
Your Koro made himself believe so strongly
你的 柯洛让自己强烈得相信你兄弟就是这样的人
that he was gonna be the one.
但如果他真是呢?
But what if he was?
(Suppresses cry)
And what if he wasn't?
如果不是呢?
You know, your Koro did the same thing with me.
你的柯洛,也曾经这样对待我
所以他才对你这样苛求,是吗?
Is that why he's so hard on you?
是的,压力很大
Yep, pretty much.
Because I can't be what he wants, eh?
因为我成不了他想的那种人
我也不能
Me neither.
You think about it, OK?
想想好吗?
You know, you'd make me really happy
如果你能和我一起生活,我会很高兴的
if you'd come and stay with me.
Just think about it.
好好想想
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
Ready, Pai? One more go.
- 准备好了吗, 派?- 再转一圈
You be good to that girl.
好好对待她
(DOOR CLOSES)
(CAR DOOR CLOSES, ENGINE STARTS)
That's right, you look.
好了,你看
I'm gonna need all the firstborn boys.
我需要召集所有头胎生的男孩
It's time they learnt
- 他们该知道了- 知道什么?
Learnt what?
When she was born, that's when things went wrong for us.
她一出生,我们就厄运降临
That's where we'll find the answer.
这就是答案
(GROOVY ELECTRONIC MUSIC)
(Sighs)
You alright?
你好吗?
(MYSTICAL MUSIC)
Stop the car.
停车
Pai?
派?
What is it, Pai?
怎么了, 派?
Can we go home now?
我们现在可以回家吗?
But why? What is it? What's wrong?
为什么,怎么了?
I have to go home.
- 我得回家- 为什么?
But why?
I just have to.
我必须回去
I know.
我知道了好吧
Here, it's OK.
KORO: There is some discussion that we...
有些讨论关于...
Paka!
爷爷!
I'm back.
我回来了
现在不行, 派.
Not now, Pai.
But I'm back.
但我回来了,回来了
I'm back.
无论如何...
Anyway... where does that information come from?
这些从哪儿来的?
It comes from the books and our...
书本上来的
(BELL RINGS)
(Children speak indistinctly)
You shouldn't be smoking.
- 你不该抽烟- 我正在戒
Trying to give up, aren't I?
How come you didn't go with your dad?
- 你为什么没和你爸走?- 我走了
I did. Hmm, for one day.
就走了一天,要是我早走远了
I would've gone.
(Sighs) When my dad gets out, I'm gonna go with him.
等我爸爸出去的时候,我一定跟他走
Where?
- 去哪里?- 随便,只要离开这里
Wherever. Get out of this dump.
Koro's gonna be pissed off when he sees you smoking.
柯洛看见你抽烟会不高兴的
No, he won't, 'cause he's not coming.
不,不会的,因为他不会到这儿来
Is so. No.
- 是吗- 是的,他在准备学校的事情
He's getting the school ready.
什么学校?
What school?
For us fellas, to teach us the old ways and that.
教我们这些年轻人传统事物的学校
Probably gonna be a stink.
也许会很无聊
(BUS ENGINE STARTS)
You can come on the bus if you want.
- 如果你愿意,可以上巴士来- 我要等柯洛
I'm waiting for Koro
But he's not coming. I said I'm waiting.
- 他不会来的- 我说了,我要等他
(BUS DRIVES AWAY)
When you're ready.
- 你什么时候准备好- 人来齐了,我就好了
When everyone's here, I'll be ready.
They are here.
他们都来了,已经等了半小时了
Those boys have waited half an hour.
You tell her you weren't picking her up?
你告诉她不会去接她了吗?
She could've come on the bus.
她也许上巴士了
You pick her up every day for years and she's just supposed to guess?
这么多年,你每天都接她你要她怎么想?
(Sighs)
Good. Let's go.
很好,我们走
Do the welcome, bub.
你来做欢迎仪式吧,孩子
Go on.
去吧
What do you think you're doing?
你在干什么?
(Sings in Maori)
Pai, you're a girl. Go to the back.
你是女孩,到后面去
What did I say?
听到我说的了吗?
What did I say?!
听到我说的了吗?
Then leave.
那你就走开
Go on!
走!
For you boys...
对于男孩子来说,这是所神圣的学校
...this will be a sacred school of learning.
You'll be taught in the old ways in all the qualities of a chief.
你们将接受传统的教育...
学会作为酋长的所有本领
You will be tested for your strength,
你们的力量...
your courage, your intelligence and your leadership.
勇气和智慧还有领导能力...
将会受到考验
KORO: Paikea's canoe sank
派凯亚的船沉了...
and he called on the ancient ones for strength.
他乞求祖先赐予他力量
You're going to learn that chant, all of you,
你们要学习这首颂歌,每个字都要学会
learn it exactly.
And if you break the chant, you will suffer the utu.
如果中途停顿将会...
招致不幸
The consequences.
Like what? Someone dying or something?
什么样的不幸?会死人吗?
Like your dick'll drop off.
你的鸡鸡会掉下来
(Laughs)
So hold onto your dicks.
把你的鸡鸡抓牢了
(All laugh)
Enough! Hold onto your dick!
够了,抓牢你们的鸡鸡
跟我念
Now... repeat after me.
(Chants in Maori)
(All repeat incorrectly in Maori)
(Repeats chant in Maori)
(All repeat chant correctly in Maori)
(Continues chant in Maori)
(Repeats chant quietly)
(TENSE MUSIC)
The taiaha is an instrument of war...
塔亚哈是一种作战工具...
...a tool for fighting.
一种武器
If you want to master it, you've got to show it respect.
如果你想掌握它,首先必须尊重它
海米,过来
Hemi, here.
(Grunts loudly)
嘿!
(Yells)
Pick it up.
拣起来
(Grunts)
Good.
很好,愤怒吧
Be angry.
Anger's part of your battle.
愤怒也是战斗的一部分,你们得学会控制它
You got to learn to control it.
Now, take a break, get a drink of water.
现在休息一会儿,喝点水
KORO: The rest of you in pairs.
剩下的人捉对练习
HEMI: Koro know you're doing that?
- 柯洛知道你在做什么吗?- 我什么也没做
I'm not doing anything.
How come you're hiding round here, then?
那你躲在这儿干吗?
Koro's cool, eh?
柯洛很酷,是吧?他在教我们成为斗士
He's teaching us to be warriors, men.
Gonna be chiefs.
我们会成为酋长
Gonna smack all those other ones.
我们会打败其他人
You shouldn't have hit Koro like that.
你不该这样打柯洛
He was alright. He was real patient, eh?
他没事的,他很耐心,是吗?
How come he won't let you do it?
- 他为什么不让你做酋长?- 女孩子没资格
Girls aren't allowed.
You could sit up the back as long as you were quiet.
你可以坐在后面,只要你不出声,我不介意
I wouldn't mind.
You're not even holding it right.
你拿的姿势都不对
Your hands should be like this.
手应该这样
And your feet...
脚应该...
...like this.
这样
Go back to the school, Hemi.
回学校吧, 海米.
(Firmly) I said go.
我说, ''回去''
I'll deal with you later.
过会儿找你算帐
抱歉, 爷爷
I'm sorry, Paka.
Have you gone deaf now?
你聋了吗?
Somebody just apologised to you.
刚才有人向你道歉了
You don't mess around with sacred things!
别再胡闹了,这是神圣的事情!
她只是在看!
She was just watching! She was using a taiaha!
她在练习塔亚哈
Let the girl do it.
让她收拾
You might be the boss out there, bus I'm the boss of this kitchen.
在外面你是老大...
在厨房我说了算
I'll do it.
我来收拾
(ETHEREAL MUSIC)
You forgot something.
你忘东西了
Hey, it's not too bad up here.
嘿,在这上面也不错
He's got a lot of rules he had to live by.
他有许多原则必须遵守
It's not fair.
- 这不公平- 我知道...
I know.
But sometimes, you just got to let him think that he's the boss.
但有时候你必须让他觉得自己还能说了算
He is the boss. Well, not of me.
- 他是老大- 哼,不是我的老大
I let him think he is, though.
我只是让他觉得自己是
What's wrong with me, Nanny?
- 我怎么了, 奶奶?- 你没什么不对的地方,听到吗?
Nothing's wrong with you, you hear me?
You got the blood of Muriwai in your veins, girl.
你血管里流的是穆里怀的血液
Think she'd be proud of you saying things like that?
说这样的话,你觉得她会为你骄傲吗?
And anyway, that old Paka's not the only one who knows some tricks.
并不是只有那老家伙才会那些本事
嗯?
Hey?
Well, you wouldn't know it now, but before he got fat and ugly,
你现在还不能明白你叔叔拉维里变得又肥又丑之前...
your Uncle Rawiri was a bit of a hot shot with the taiaha.
可是个摆弄塔亚哈的高手
True? Won a trophy and everything.
- 真的吗?- 他还得过奖呢
Oh, you should've seen him.
可惜你没看见过
He was beautiful.
他真是棒极了
后来怎么了?
What happened?
Oh, I don't know.
不知道
He was the second son.
他不是长子
But he knows some things, your Uncle Rawiri.
但你的叔叔拉维里他很有些本事
别担心
Don't you worry about that.
Is Uncle here? Out the back.
- 叔叔在吗?- 在后面
Come on!
Hi.
Damn, girl! What did I tell you about sneaking up on us?
该死,我没告诉你不要鬼鬼祟祟的吗?
I found this.
我找到这个
I didn't know you played golf.
我还不知道你玩高尔夫球呢
Not golf, taiaha.
不是高尔夫,是塔亚哈
Yeah, well, this guy's playing golf.
嗯,是的,这家伙在玩高尔夫
They cut the end off the golf stick,
他们把高尔夫球杆的前面削掉...
swing it around and push it through there.
转一圈,从这里穿过去
(Laughs)
Hey, shut up! I was good.
嘿,闭嘴!很好
That's why you're here while your father
就因为这,你才闲坐在这儿...
tells snotty-nosed kids how to be chief.
而你老爸却在不辞辛苦得教那些还在淌鼻涕的孩子如何做酋长
(Laughs)
Poor little bastards, eh? (Laughs)
可怜的小混蛋
Could you teach me?
你能教我吗?
Hold up.
- 等等,那是很久以前的事情了- 那?
This was a long time ago.
So?
Please.
求你了?
- 柯洛知道吗?- 不
Does Koro know about this?
No.
Well, let's get it on, then, eh?
- 那我们现在开始吧?- 好!
Yes!
(LAIDBACK GROOVY MUSIC)
是这个吗?
You mean this?
It's a broom, isn't it?
这是扫帚,不是吗?
(Shouts)
(Shouts repeatedly)
(Shouts in Maori)
(Shouts)
MAN: Whoo-hoo.
- 耶嘿!- 唔呼!
(Laughs)
早上好,爸爸
Morning, Dad.
Hey, there goes that little girl Pai.
- 嘿,那个校女孩派来了!- 冲啊,冲!
(Boys yell indistinctly)
(Pai shouts repeatedly)
MAN: Go, little girl. Here.
Come on, get him, Pai.
打倒他, 派!
Come on.
Go, Pai!
上, 派!
Get him, girl.
打倒他,孩子!
(Grunts loudly)
When you extend your tongue...
当你伸出舌头的时候...
你是在向敌人表示...
...you're saying to your enemies...
..."I'm gonna eat you... your eyes will roll back...
“我要吃了你
你的眼珠会满地乱滚
"...your head will be stuck on the end of my stick."
你的头会挑在我的棍尖上
感觉一下这种...
Feel the ihi...
...the power.
力量
Make them feel the wehi... the fear.
让他们感到恐惧
I want the hairs on the backs of their necks to stand up.
我要让他们觉得毛骨悚然
脱掉你们的衣服
Take off your shirts.
KUTERE!
When you slap your chests...
我希望你们拍打胸脯的时候...
...I want you to slap them hard.
要用力打
(Grunts loudly)
叭! 叭!
Scratch them, make them bleed.
用力打,打出血来
Timita.
提码塔
(Boys slap chests rhythmically)
(Grunts loudly)
叭!
(Grunts repeatedly)
叭!
(Shouts)
Good, Hemi. Good.
很好, 海米. 很好
It's not just your fathers that are watching you today.
All these ancestors are watching too.
所有的祖先都在看着
This is my dad.
这是我爸爸
Come to see your boy?
来看你儿子?
Yeah.
- 是的- 很好
Good.
Hemi, you first.
海米, 你第一个
(Chants in Maori)
Ha!
哈!
哈!
Girl, where's that school?
- 孩子,学校在哪儿?- 那边
Over there.
(RAP MUSIC PLAYS ON CAR STEREO)
(Hemi chants in Maori)
Thought you'd stay for the whole thing.
我还以为你会看到结束
I seen your bit, didn't I?
已经看过你的表演了,不是吗?来见见我的伙计们
Come and meet my mates.
- 嘿- 嘿
Here's my boy.
这是我儿子
Say hello. Hello.
- 嘿- 问他们好- 你们好
Better watch out for this one.
小心看招,你在那儿很好,是吗?
Did alright in there, eh?
See you later.
回头见
Tonight?
今晚?
Next couple of days maybe.
也许过几天
(CAR ENGINE STARTS)
Jump in, boy.
We're out of here.
我们走了
(Sniffs)
Get lost, you.
走开
Was that your dad?
那是你爸爸吗?
Get lost.
滚开
(Grunts with exertion)
(Chants in Maori)
(TAIAHAS CLACK OUTSIDE)
(Grunts)
你做什么了?
What have you done?
回答我
Answer me.
不是她的错
It wasn't her fault.
去洗下脸
Go wash your face.
回答我, 派.
Answer me, Pai.
Do you know what you've done?
- 你知道你做了什么吗?- 不
No.
You've broken the tapu of this school, on this marae.
你犯了学校的禁忌...
在这维护我们传统的地方
The one place where our old ways are upheld.
The knowledge that's been passed down from your ancestors,
我们先辈传下来的技能--
from my grandfather to me to those boys.
我祖父传给我,我传给这些孩子--
(Speaks Maori) It's broken!
被你破坏了!
I'm sorry, Paka.
抱歉,爷爷
You're not sorry.
你没有感到抱歉
Right from the beginning, you knew this wasn't for you.
从一开始,你就知道这些不是你该做的...
But you keep coming back.
但你一直没有停止
Do you want me to fail? No.
- 你想让我失败吗?- 不是
You want these boys to fail?
你想这些孩子失败吗?
What have you got to say to them?
你要对他们说什么?
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Say it again. I'm sorry.
- 再说一遍- 我很抱歉
Say it so you mean it!
接着说,直到你诚心诚意!
Say it!
说!
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
(Cries softly)
Want me to put some more hot in?
还要加点热水吗?
No.
不用了
Ow.
You can get sick sitting in a cold bath.
泡在冷水里,你会生病的
- 如果他失败了会怎么样?- 就让他失败吧
What if he fails, Nanny?
Then he fails.
And what will happen to him?
- 他会怎么样?- 不会怎么样的...
Nothing will happen.
Except me thinking about that divorce.
而我就会考虑离婚
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
不是柯洛的错,奶奶
It's not Koro's fault, Nanny.
What's not his fault?
什么不是他的错?在我看来就是
Sounds like his fault to me.
Not that I'm a girl.
我要不是个女孩就好了
你不行, 海米
Not you, Hemi.
拉维里
(Speaks Maori)
(SOMBRE MUSIC CONTINUES)
You've all done very well.
你们已经做得很好了
You've shown me that you've got courage,
你们让我知道你们很勇敢,很强转...
that you're strong and that you can learn.
能学习
But there can only be one.
但酋长只能有一个...
So there's one final test.
因此现在开始决赛--
A test of your spirit.
考验你们的精神
(Speaks Maori)
"If you have the tooth of a whale,
如果你有了鲸牙...
"you must have the whale's jaw to wield it."
你还必须拿到鲸下颚
One of you will bring that back to me.
你们中的一个人必须把它拿回来
Bubba's got a cold and I can't swim.
布达伤风了,而我不会游泳
It's alright, mate.
没关系
Oi!
Give it to me.
- 把手给我- 我就要拿到了
I almost had it.
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
(SOMBRE MUSIC CONTINUES)
Nanny?
奶奶?
Come here.
到这儿来
It's not for long.
不会太久的
You can put your clothes in there.
你可以把衣服放在那儿
And there's a lamp if you want to read.
如果想读书,这里有盏灯
Rawiri reckons you're pretty brainy, eh?
拉维里觉得你很聪明
Anyway...
不管怎么说,不会太久的
...it's just for a little while.
(Koro sings mournful Maori song)
PAI: He was calling to the ancient ones, asking them to help him.
他在招呼祖先,祈求他们的帮助...
但他们听不见
But they weren't listening.
(Sings Maori song)
所以,我试了试...
So I tried.
And they heard me.
他们听见了
(HAUNTING MUSIC)
Uncle, is this where Paka lost his rei puta?
叔叔,爷爷就是在这里丢下鲸牙挂饰的吗?
His what?
他的什么?
That thing he wore round his neck. He threw it overboard.
他脖子上挂的挂饰,他从这里扔下去了
Crazy old bugger.
老疯子
Where?
- 哪儿?- 就那儿
It was just over there.
I'll get it.
我会找到的
PAI: It's quiet down deep.
那里很安静
Koro needed quiet.
柯洛需要安静,奶奶这么说
That's what Nanny said.
He didn't want to talk anymore.
他不愿意再说话
He just wanted to go down and down.
他只想沉下去,越沉越深
(Yawns)
She's been gone quite a while, eh?
她下去很久了吧?
No, she's sweet.
没关系,她水性好
Oh!
For Paka's test.
给爷爷做点心还有,我找到这个了
And I found this.
(Laughs)
Got this for Dad's test. Lovely. Pop it in the sink.
- 这个给爸爸做点心- 不错,放到水槽里去
Pai got it.
派捉到的
She got this as well.
她还找到了这个
(POIGNANT MUSIC)
你会告诉他吗?
You gonna tell him?
No.
不,他还没准备好
He's not ready yet
(ETHEREAL MUSIC)
Go on.
去吧
It's for my school concert.
这是我学校音乐会的请柬
你是我的贵宾
You're my guest of honour.
So I'll see you there, Paka.
到时候见,爷爷
(STIRRING MUSIC)
(LIVELY CHATTER)
把我的放那儿
Come on. I want to get up the front.
快点,我想坐前面
Save this one for Paka.
- 把这个座位留给爷爷- 他也许不会来的,孩子
He might be held up, bub.
No, he's coming.
不,他会来的
(FOLK-ROCK MUSIC)
SONG: ? There is a train that leaves tonight ?
# 一列火车 #
# 今天就要出发#
? Get on board ? ? Now, I just might ?
# 我该上车吗#
#也许吧#
? I'm sick of all these dead-end days ?
#我厌倦了一切#
#这些没有未来的日子#
? Take one ticket and be away ?
#汽笛声响#
#送我离开#
? The driver knows the road to take ?
#族人们知道该走怎样的路#
? The engineer disconnects the brake ?
#司机领我们出发#
? Just pack your bags ?
#收拾行囊#
? Check in your cross ?
#登上巴士#
? 'Cause no-one there is gonna see you run ?
#因为没人会看见我离去#
? I could've flown ?
#我本可以飞翔#
? I could've sailed... ?
# 我本可以远航 #
(HAUNTING MUSIC)
(All sing traditional Maori song)
(APPLAUSE)
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.
谢谢,先生们女士们
Now to finish, we have something very special.
结束前,我们有个特别节目
One of our students had won
我们的一个学生,她不仅赢得了学校的演讲比赛...
not only our own school speech contest,
bus the East Coast Area School's as well.
还赢得了整个东海岸的比赛
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Miss Paikea Apriana.
先生们女士们,欢迎派凯亚 阿比拉娜
(APPLAUSE)
Did you know about this?
你们知道吗?
She said she had a surprise.
她说她要给他一个惊喜
For him.
(Speaks Maori)
This speech is a token of my deep love and respect
这个演讲代表了我对我爷爷...
for Koro Apriana.
柯洛 阿比拉那,深深的爱和尊敬
My grandfather.
(Sobs quietly)
My name is Paikea Apriana.
我的名字是派凯亚 阿比拉娜--
Go on, bub.
继续,孩子
And I come from a long line of chiefs
我的祖辈世代都是酋长一直可以追溯到哈瓦基...
stretching all the way back to Hawaiki
where our ancient ones are,
我们的祖先居住的地方--
the ones that first heard the land crying and sent a man.
他们听到了这片土地的招呼就派了一个人来到这里
His name was also Paikea...
他的名字也是派凯亚...
...and I'm his most recent descendant.
我是他最小的一代子孙
But I was not the leader my grandfather was expecting
但我不是我祖父期望的酋长...
And by being born, I broke the line back to the ancient ones.
我的出生...打破了这个传统
这不是任何人的错,但确实发生了
It wasn't anybody's fault. It just happened.
(Whale breathes heavily)
(WHALE SONG)
该责备谁呢?
But we can learn, and if the knowledge is given to everyone,
但我们可以学习,如果知识是可以传授给任何人的,很多人都可以做酋长
then we can have lots of leaders.
And soon everyone will be strong,
很快,每个人都会变得强大...
not just the ones that have been chosen.
而不仅仅是那些被选中的人
Because sometimes, even if you're the leader
因为有时候,即使你是酋长你必须坚强...
and you need to be strong,
you can get tired...
但你也会疲惫
...like our ancestor Paikea,
就像我们的祖先, 派凯亚,他迷失在海上...
when he was lost at sea and he couldn't find the land
他找不到这片土地也许他想到了死
and he probably wanted to die,
but he knew the ancient ones were there for him.
但他知道他的先人在守望着他...
So he called to them to lift him up and give him strength.
他于是召唤他们,祈求他们赐予他力量
This is his chant. I dedicate it to my grandfather.
这就是他的颂歌,我把它献给我的祖父
(Chants in Maori)
(Sobs)
(Continues Maori chant)
(APPLAUSE AND CHEERING)
Is she alright? She's asleep.
- 她怎么样了?- 睡着了
That old man know she's staying the night?
老头知道她今晚睡在这里吗?
If he doesn't like it, he can sleep in the road.
如果他不喜欢,就让他自己睡到路上去
Might be time for us to leave, eh, dear?
是时候,我们该走了
What is it?
怎么了?
You'd better come have a look.
你们最好来看看
(UNEASY MUSIC)
该责备谁呢?
(Gasps softly)
I called them and they came...
我召唤它们,它们来了...
,, but it wasn't right.
但出了问题
They were dying.
它们在死去
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
Hey, keep away from the blowhole.
别浇到喷水孔里去,就这样在四周就可以了
OK?
你还好吗?
它死了
(Cries)
Koro knew what it meant.
柯洛知道这意味着什么
It was Paikea's whale...
它们是派凯亚的鲸鱼因为我们有了麻烦才来帮助我们的
...sent to us because we were in trouble.
(Koro sings in Maori)
(Koro continues to sing in Maori)
Dad.
爸爸?
We've got to turn it around. How?
- 我们要给它翻个身- 怎么翻?
Get a tractor down here, some ropes. We'll wait for the tide.
找辆拖拉机和些绳子来
我们等到涨潮
If... if we can move it, the others will follow.
如果不把它们拖回去,其他的会跟来的
Get the men.
- 叫男人们来- 他们都累了
They're stuffed. Half of them have been up all night.
一半的人整晚都没合眼.
They'll do it for you.
他们会听你的的
这是一次考验...
It was a test...
,, but for Koro this time.
是对柯洛的考验
Leave it.
别碰它
你做的够多了!
You've done enough.
(Koro sings in Maori)
(TRACTOR ENGINE REVS)
Now!
拉!
(Calls out in Maori)
(Shouts in Maori)
(Koro shouts in Maori)
He wanted to die.
他想去死
There wasn't a reason to live anymore.
再也没有活下去的理由了
RAWIRI: It's no use.
没用的,他们太累了
They're too tired. We'll try again later.
过会儿再试,让他们先休息
Let them rest.
Come on, dear. We'll come back.
走吧,亲爱的,我们会回来的
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
(UNEASY MUSIC)
(UNEASY MUSIC INTENSIFIES)
加油
Come on.
它不见了!
It's gone.
Where is she?
她在哪儿?
Where's my moko?
我的孙女呢?
Where is she?
她在哪儿?
Pai!
派!
(EERIE MUSIC)
(Nanny recites Maori chant in her mind)
(Nanny repeats Maori chant)
It's OK, Paka.
没事了,爷爷
I wasn't scared to die.
我不怕死
(SILENCE)
Hurry up! Hurry!
快点!
快!我们上!
(Speaks in Maori)
(Wails)
(Boys sing Maori song)
Which one?
哪一个?
What do you mean, 'which one'?
你这话是什么意思?
(ETHEREAL SINGING)
(PHONE RINGS)
Yes?
喂?
(SOMBRE MUSIC)
NANNY: Thank you, dear.
谢谢你,亲爱的
I've been praying to God about it.
我一直在向神祈祷
If that little one wakes up,
如果小家伙能醒过来,我就戒烟
I'm going to give up the smokes.
She'd like that.
她会很高兴的
英明的酋长
原谅我,我是一只刚会飞翔的雏鸟
(MEN SHOUT IN DISTANCE)
(Shouts encouragement in Maori)
(All chant in Maori)
(All continue Maori chant)
(MAORI CHANT CONTINUES)
(Paikeha chants in Maori)
(Continues chant in Maori)
(All chant)
My name is Paikea Apirana
我的名字是派凯亚 阿比拉娜,我的祖辈世代都是酋长...
and I come from a long line of chiefs
stretching all the way back to the whale rider.
一直可以追溯到“鲸骑士”
(Rowers chant)
I'm not a prophet,
我不是先知...
but I know that our people will keep going forward
但我知道我的人民会继续前进....
all together, with all of our strength.
团结一致,同心协力
(Rowers chant)
(CHANTING IN MAORI WITH DRUM ACCOMPANIMENT)
(WOMAN SINGS MAORI SONG)