亿万 第一季 Billions Season 1 第10集: 生活质量 Quality of Life

上映日期: 2,016

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情

导演: 尼尔·博格 / 詹姆斯·弗雷 / 尼尔·拉布特 / 斯考特·霍恩巴契 / 史蒂芬·吉伦哈尔 / 苏珊娜·怀特 / 安娜·波顿 / 瑞安·弗雷克 / 迈克尔·科斯塔 / 约翰·达尔 / 卡瑞恩·库萨马

演员: 玛姬·丝弗 / 戴米恩·路易斯 / 保罗·吉亚玛提 / 玛琳·阿克曼 / 大卫·科斯塔贝尔 / 内森·达罗 / 杰克·戈尔 / 特里·金尼 / 托比·莱昂纳德·摩尔 / 凯利·奥科 / 康多拉·拉沙德


台词
Previously on "Billions"...
《亿万》前情提要
Get everything you might possibly need,
带上所有可能需要的东西
'cause they will destroy anything left behind.
因为他们会把留下来的一切都毁掉
You blew up your family for Bobby Axelrod.
你为了波比·阿克斯罗德毁了自己的家庭
I'm Keyser Soze, motherfucker.
我是恺撒·索泽 混蛋
Judge on the Dollar Bill case is going to be
美元大亨案子的法官将会是
Whit fucking Wilcox.
威特·麻蛋·威尔科克斯
I wonder if re-presented a warrant
我想知道能否再次申请
for bugging the Axelrod home.
在阿克斯罗德家安装窃听
No. Asked and answered.
不行 你问过我也答过了
Look into Wilcox. Go wherever it leads.
查查威尔科克斯 随便查出什么都行
You're making a move on a federal judge.
你要对联邦法官做动作
Is he in your way?
他挡你的道了
If you were in my situation, what would you do?
如果你是我 你会怎么做
You know, if you hadn't done anything wrong,
就是说虽然你没做错什么
but you were targeted anyway.
但你还是被盯上了
You want me to pressure my husband to back off.
你要我给我丈夫施压让步
You know I can't do that.
你知道我不能这么做
Why not?
为什么不能
So I'm thrilled you got someone on the inside at Axe Cap.
我很激动你们在阿克斯资本安插了眼线
I have no idea,
我没办法
because as you damn well know, I've recused myself.
因为如你所知 我已经回避了
FBI!
联邦调查局
-There's someone in the house. - It'll be fine.
-有人进屋了 -没事的
Sorry about your front door.
毁了你大门不好意思啊
It's all right. He can afford another one.
没事啦 他换得起新的
Go.
Donnie Caan walked out.
唐尼·卡恩出去了
He say anything about where he was going?
他有没有说他要去哪
I think it'd be good if you found him, soon.
我觉得你尽快找到他比较好
Where...the fuck...is Donnie?
唐尼到底在哪
He could decide to walk into their office
他可能决定走进他们办公室
and tell 'em everything.
把一切都抖出来
I'll testify against Axe,
我会指证阿克斯
but right now I need --
但现在我需要
Holy shit. Donnie? No.
天呐 唐尼 不
Donnie.
唐尼
- Oh, fuck. - Donnie.
-操 -唐尼
亿 万第一季 第十集
本蓝光版外挂字幕由 风吹来的那片云 用HDTV版调轴
m 20 0 l 209 0 b b b 11 228 0 218 0 209 l 0 20 b 0 11 11 0 20 0
b 316 121 316 121 316 121 b 316 121 320 121 323 121 b 323 121 323 123 323 123 b b 311 122 317 114 317 114 b 317 114 317 114 317 114 b b b 317 105 316 107 314 112 b 313 112 314 112 313 112 b
m 71 60 b 71 0 161 0 161 60 b 161 120 71 120 71 60
仅供学习 禁止用于任何商业盈利行为更多影视更新请登陆www.ZiMuZu.tv
原创翻译 双语字幕
翻译:一千除以四 美加墨 Z小花儿 zhanginfo Sallybear 宁馨儿
翻译:MikeJiang 王二川 ET外星人 时间轴:FUYU Avis 小布
校对:宁馨儿 王二川 Sallybear zhanginfo
后期:渔夫 字幕总监制:宁馨儿
You know, I was, for a time,
我曾经 有段时间
supposed to become a Grandmaster.
是要成为一代宗师的
Chess.
国际象棋界
14 years old,
14岁
and leapfrogging up the standings.
就扶摇直上
Put me in a practice game,
要去参赛
and I'd be a young Boris Spassky in his prime.
我就是鼎盛时期的鲍里斯·斯帕斯基年轻版
最伟大的国际象棋棋手之一
By all rights,
总之
I should've dominated live competition,
我本应主宰整场比赛
but I had a flaw.
但我有个缺点
If I decided that my opponent didn't...respect the game,
如果我觉得我的对手不尊重游戏
or me, or if I didn't like the way he carried himself...
或者我 或者我不喜欢他的行为
If I decided for whatever reason that he wasn't worthy,
如果我因为某种原因觉得他不够格
a dark rage would come over me.
一种黑暗的怒火就会涌上我心头
And this rage became the driver.
这股怒火会驱动我
All the strategy, patience, and practice would vanish,
所有策略 耐心和训练都会消失
and I would begin obsessing about total destruction.
我会开始沉醉于彻底的毁灭
Some kid could fail to look me in the eye
秋季锦标赛上 有些小孩跟我握手时
while shaking my hand at a tournament in the fall,
没有直视我的双眼
and I would carry it until facing him again in the spring.
我会一直记到春季赛再次跟他见面
But then, while I was trying to destroy him...
但当我只顾着毁灭他时
I'd forget to win.
我会忘了要赢
I would play bold moves designed to intimidate,
我会使出大胆的招数来吓唬他
show him that he wasn't as smart as me...or as brave.
告诉他他没我聪明 或是没我胆大
Leave voids in my defense.
使我后防空虚
That's not how you win at chess.
这样你可赢不了棋
I knew better,
我清楚得很
but, uh...
但是
but I couldn't do better.
但是我无法做得更好
And then, at the end of the game,
然后 游戏结束时
my opponent's arm would be raised in victory
我的对手举臂以示胜利
while I sat,
而我坐着
humiliated and alone,
屈辱又孤独
bathed in anger and defeat.
沉浸于愤怒和失败中
Here I am again, beaten.
现在又是这样 被吊打
Although it has yet to be confirmed,
虽然有待确认
there is no doubt that Donnie Caan is gonna die.
但毫无疑问唐尼·卡恩就要死了
Soon.
很快
I sat up all night until I saw it.
我整晚坐着 直到我看见
Bobby Axelrod used Donnie to feed us information
波比·阿克斯罗德利用唐尼给我们信息
that he would never live to testify to
那些信息在他有生之年都不可能证明
or confirm in court.
或者在法庭上确认
We'll claw back some of his trades, sure,
我们会追回他的一些交易 当然
but we have to assume that the names he gave us,
但我们必须假设 他给我们的名字
the specifics, all of it -- false.
细节 所有的一切 都是假的
No, I wish this loss were mine alone,
不 我希望这只是我的损失
but I cost all of you as well.
但我让你们都付出了代价
Soon, probably within the hour,
很快 也许一小时内
uh, Adam DeGiulio from the Attorney General's office
检察长办公室的亚当·德朱利奥
will walk in here
会走进来
and take us off the Axelrod case.
把阿克斯罗德的案子拿走
It won't matter that Axelrod is everything I said he is --
不管我说阿克斯罗德什么都没用
a bloodless man.
他冷血
A man who would use his dying friend
他利用自己将死的朋友
in the manner that he did.
以达到目的
We needed to be bloodless to catch him,
要抓到他 我们也要变得冷血
and we weren't.
而我们还不够
I wasn't.
我也不够
We were all suckers here, Chuck.
我们都失败了 查克
No, don't try to fall on it, Bryan.
不 别过于自责 布莱恩
I set the tone.
是我设定了基调
That's what the papers will say.
报纸上就会这么写
They'll call me sloppy. Driven, unhinged.
他们会说我草率 冲动 精神错乱
And, uh, for once, they'll be correct.
就这么一次 他们是对的
What can we do?
我们能做些什么
We can, from this moment forward,
我们可以 从此刻起
remember how the game is supposed to be played.
记住游戏玩法
We'll play perfect strategy.
我们要用完美的策略
We will retreat so we can attack when it is to our advantage.
我们先撤 当我们有优势时再进攻
And then someday soon, we will be standing here,
很快 我们就会站在这里
and it will be our turn.
那时掌握主导的将是我们
I don't wanna stop you, Chuck.
我不想打断你 查克
No, we were just finishing up.
没事 我们就要结束了
All right, get out there and make some fucking money.
好了 出去给我大赚一笔
You got a handle on this?
你处理好了吗
I do not.
没有
Well, I don't think it's good.
我觉得不太好
- How fucked are you? - Can I say it's nothing?
-你状况有多差 -我能说我没事吗
Could you let me get away with that?
你能让我逃离死神吗
Flu, maybe?
换成感冒也许行
God, what would you pay to have the flu right now, Donnie?
如果能换成感冒 你愿意付出多少 唐尼
Anything.
一切
- Cancer. - Yeah.
-癌症吗 -是的
- Shit. - Pancreatic.
-该死 -胰腺癌
Shit.
该死
How far along?
多长时间了
With this kind, it doesn't really matter.
以我的状况 已经无所谓了
Far enough.
病很久了
Can we have the room?
能让我们单独待一会吗
Sorry?
什么
Piss elsewhere.
去别处尿
You should've come to me right away.
你应该立刻来找我的
I've been, ah, you know, letting it settle.
你知道吗 我已经在安排后事了
Kids know?
孩子们知道吗
Not yet.
还不知道
We'll access the best, most creative,
我们会采用现有的最好 最大胆
most forward-thinking medical treatment there is.
最有远见的治疗方法
You'll see my guy, Ari Gilbert.
你去找我哥们 阿里·吉尔伯特
Top oncologist out there.
最顶尖的肿瘤医师
Works with select clients. World leaders.
他的病人不是一般人 世界领导人级别的
I've been funding his research for years.
我赞助他的研究已经很多年了
Thank you for offering, but you don't have to do that.
谢谢你的帮助 但你没必要这么做
Stop. Stop. Stop.
打住 打住 打住
It's what we do.
这就是我们的作风
Get yourself together.
振作起来
Come and see me at the end of the day.
下班后来见我
I have a thought.
我有个想法
Donnie's gone.
唐尼过世了
I, uh, I have to make some phone calls.
我要打几通电话
I'll help you.
我会帮你的
How are you set financially?
你是怎么分的遗产
Are Walter and the kids gonna have enough?
沃特和孩子们拿的钱够吗
Nobody's gonna starve, but I could've done better.
没人会饿着 但我本可以做得更好
When I met Walter,
当我见到沃特时
finally accepted who I am,
我才终于接受了真实的自己
I felt so guilty about Karen.
我觉得愧对凯伦
I remember. It was tough on both of you.
我记得 你们两个都很煎熬
Yeah, so I kind of just gave her everything.
没错 所以我几乎把能给的都给她了
Didn't shelter it or put it in a trust.
没有藏着或者放到信托基金
Just sort of heaved it over to her.
就几乎全转交给她了
Practically started back at zero.
基本上又从零开始
That's all chutes and ladders, isn't it?
人生不就是一盘滑道梯子棋吗
棋子遇梯子前进 遇滑道后退喻人生反复无常
It sure is.
当然
The guy she remarried --
她另嫁的那个人
he's got control of the money now,
现在是他管钱
and I can't be sure what he's gonna do with it.
我不知道他要拿这钱干什么
Emma and Harry are exposed?
艾玛和哈利不受保护了吗
Yeah.
是的
What were you hoping to get to?
你到底想要多少钱
I-I don't have a number.
我没有想过具体的金额
I just want them to be taken care of.
我只是希望他们能被好好照顾
Good education, their first house, no debt.
接受良好教育 第一栋房子现款购买
Sure. Also, you want them to be able to do what they want,
对 你还希望他们可以做自己想做的事
- not what they have to. - Yeah.
-而不是被迫做什么 -没错
Thought I was going to take care of that in the next 10 years.
我还以为能再照顾他们十年呢
Forty million.
四千万
What if we could get you there, pre-tax?
如果我们能给你这么多呢 税前金额
- For all the family? - Big ladder.
-给整个家庭 -这很困难
But there's a way to make it happen.
可是有办法可以实现的
To guarantee it.
可以确保
Rewards of paradise here on earth?
在地球上享受天堂般的奖励
Really sharp evangelists could con me out of my house right now.
真正狡猾的布道者现在就能骗我出家门
Unlike him, I'm gonna give you the downside.
我不是布道者 我会告诉你负面情况
It won't be simple. It'll require deception.
这不容易 这需要欺骗
And your final weeks and months, they won't be your own.
你最后的日子 不会完全属于你
Are we talking about breaking the law?
我们说的是要违法吗
Because I-I can't spend one minute in jail.
因为我一分钟也不能在监狱待
Well, let's leave that to the lawyers.
这块还是留给律师吧
怀念唐纳德·唐尼·卡恩
Let me save you some breath.
我来给你省点精力
Now the Attorney General thinks it best that my office
现在检察长觉得最好让我的办公室
drop its pursuit of Axe Capital.
对阿克斯资本撤诉
And you tried to argue with her, but she was insistent.
你试着和她理论 但她坚持己见
Kids would hashtag that "One hundred."
孩子们会发微博 标签#一百#
Any matter related to Axe Capital
所有和阿克斯资本相关的事情
is to be handled by the Eastern District from here forward.
从此之后将移交给东区处理
You know, the only thing I can't figure
你知道吗 我唯一弄不懂的就是
is if the AG's fear of negative publicity
如果总检察长害怕负面宣传
is because she's planning a Senate run
是因为她在准备参议员竞选
or a return to the private sector.
还是因为准备回归私营部门
Put on a blindfold, spin yourself around,
蒙上眼睛 原地转圈
and pin the tail on the donkey.
然后把尾巴钉驴身上
- You know? - I do.
-懂吗 -懂
Defy her in any way,
在任何方面违抗她
she will recommend that the President fire you.
她都会建议总统开除你
And he will not hesitate to take a recommendation.
而他会毫不犹豫 直接答应
I know.
我知道
And I would do the same thing
如果我在她位置上
were I sitting in her office.
也会做相同的事情
I accept it.
我接受
I am off Axelrod.
阿克斯罗德的事我放手
Good man.
好样的
But, you know, that is not
但你知道吗 这不是
what you and I really need to talk about today.
我们今天真正应该谈的事情
It's not?
不是吗
Let's go out and take some air,
我们出去 呼吸点新鲜空气
and I'll tell you why musical chairs
我来告诉你为什么抢椅子游戏
is a much better party game.
更适合聚会时玩
- Oh. Walter. - Hey, Wendy.
-沃尔特 -你好 温蒂
Friends.
朋友们
Friends, may I ask that you all please take your seats now?
朋友们 大家现在可以就坐了
Fuck.
该死
Come on. I'll sit with you.
走吧 我坐你旁边
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么
Came to pay my respects.
来致敬
Not appropriate.
不合适
I knew the man.
我认识那人
Better than you let on, I'm sure.
你俩关系比你装得还熟 我肯定
Turn and leave.
转身 走吧
Why would I?
我为什么要走
Get the fuck out of here.
你他妈给我滚
All right.
It's a real loss.
真是沉痛的损失
Yeah. For both of us.
没错 咱俩的损失
Those ungrateful fuckers have to make me focus on this now?
那些没良心的混蛋非要我现在关注这个
They hope you are too distracted and sad to focus on it at all.
他们希望你劳神伤心而根本无法集中
Oh. I can still focus. Talk.
我还能集中 说吧
So Ionosphere Fund -- they set up shop downtown.
电离层基金在市区开了店
Carly's in charge?
卡莉负责
Or Channing. Definitely not Hlasa.
也可能是钱宁 肯定不是拉薩
How much?
有多少
Two-hundred million under management, 40 of it's theirs.
运行资金有两亿 只有四千万是他们的
Where's it coming from?
资金来自哪里
They stole this list.
他们把名单上的人挖去了
Some of these people are ours.
有的人是咱们的
Can we block that?
有办法阻止吗
We absolutely could.
绝对有办法
All three of them signed non-competes.
他们仨都签了竞业禁止协议
But they can fight it, claim that
但他们可以狡辩 表示
Axe Capital was no longer the place they signed on to,
他们不再受雇于阿克斯资本
that their deals should be void.
那他们的协议就该失效了
They can't win, right?
他们赢不了 对吧
Not likely. But with the current sentiment, who knows?
不见得 不过就目前而言 说不准
And I don't think you want that kind of attention right now.
我认为你现在不需要博取那种关注
No, but we can't have the perception
不需要 可我们不能察觉到
that the real talent at Axe Capital
阿克斯资本里真正的人才
is flying under a new flag.
在为他人效力
Where you going?
你要去哪里
Breakfast.
吃早饭
马爵利卡
I'm not putting our friendship on the line.
我不想危及咱们的友谊
I'm just asking.
我就问问
I'm just trying to warn you that
我只想警告你
this Ionosphere venture is doomed.
电离层基金注定失败
You trained these guys, right?
这些人是你教出来的 对吧
I taught 'em all they know, not all I know.
我教了他们知道的 但没教我知道的
But you extend them credit, it's on you.
可你把钱贷给他们了 你买单
It is.
没错
I already have.
已经开始了
I'm first money in, I got very favorable terms,
我第一个投资 条件非常优惠
and I don't see a reason to give that up.
我找不出任何理由放弃
Do this for me, and I'll cut your fees to one and ten
如果你帮我 未来三季度
over the next three quarters.
我就少收你一点佣金
I can't.
我做不到
Check, sir.
账单 先生
It is the love God has instilled in us that has been our refuge,
主播撒的爱一直是我们的避难所
that has sustained us for generations.
并世代流传 经久不衰
Before the mountains were brought forth,
山脉拔地而起
or the earth was born,
大地形成之时
there was love.
爱早已存在
And it is love that turns us back to dust,
是爱让我们回归尘土
saying, "Go back, oh, child of earth."
说着 "回去吧 大地之子"
It is love that sweeps us away like a dream.
是爱把我们如梦般抹去
Your honor, our argument is simple and straightforward.
法官阁下 我们的论据简单明了
My client provided emergency medical care
我的当事人为克里斯蒂娜·格伦沃尔德
to Christina Grunwald.
提供紧急救治
Mr. Stearn met the young lady's father,
斯特恩先生见了那位年轻女士的父亲
learned of her desperate medical condition,
了解到她身体状况很危急
had the resources at his disposal to save her life,
他也有能力救她一命
and was moved to action.
结果却遭到起诉
I ask, uh, you to
请您先看看
look at this photograph
这张照片
and tell me that,
然后告诉我
if you were in a position to save this child's life...
您如果有机会救这孩子
wouldn't you do it just because you could?
您会见死不救吗
Mr. Stearn had no idea
斯特恩先生并不知道
that medical treatment had any link
进行医学治疗和
to alleged inside information.
所谓的内幕消息有关
I ask you to consider the wisdom of putting altruism itself
我请您英明地裁决 我当事人只是
on trial.
乐善好施
May I?
到我了吗
Mr. Connerty.
康纳蒂先生
The People are fully prepared to prove
检方有充足的证据证明
benefit was provided in the form of medical expenses
是以医疗费用的形式获利
to the tune of some 211,000 dollars.
金额达到21万1千美元
And that, as a direct response to insider information
而那是斯特恩先生透露内幕消息的
provided to Mr. Stearn.
直接报酬
Further, we can demonstrate that
并且 我们能证明
Axe Capital used this information
阿克斯资本利用该消息
to gain an 89 million dollar profit.
获得了8900万美元的收益
An 89 million dollar return.
8900万美元的收益
On a 211,000 dollar...
只投入了21万1千
investment.
美元
Altruism is not on trial here,
本案裁决的绝不是乐善好施
but the fairness of the financial markets is.
而是金融市场的公平性
The US Attorney's office has made a considered decision
联邦检察官办公室慎重考虑后决定
to pursue and prosecute precisely this new brand of criminal.
坚决追查并起诉这起新型犯罪
They are bastardizing the fair market
他们在破坏市场的公平
upon which this country is built.
而那是立国之根本
Passionately executed, Mr. Connerty,
说得很好 康纳蒂先生
but the humane gesture of providing medical treatment
可是为受病痛折磨的孩子
for an afflicted child as material benefit,
提供医疗保险这一善举
begs that a jury learn the unknowable --
陪审团看到的是斯特恩先生
that is, what lay in Mr. Stearn's heart.
不为人知的恻隐之心
I deem it best that the court grants
我认为法院最好批准
defense counsel's motion for dismissal.
辩方律师撤销指控的动议
Your honor, I vigorously protest.
法官阁下 我强烈反对
Nonetheless, my decision stands.
不管怎样 我的判决已定
And I further advise that you and the Southern District
我还要建议你们及南区
reconsider the deployment of government assets
就利用政府资源
in the settling of personal scores.
达到个人业绩加分一事重新考虑
This session is adjourned.
休庭
He said "Personal scores"?
他说"个人业绩"
He used those words?
他用了这个字眼
Direct quote.
直接引用
Motherfucker.
这孙子
How goddamn comfortable in your seat do you have to be to do that?
那位子得多爽才能令人不得不那么干啊
Should we start clearing the Axelrod files or...
我们是这会清点阿克斯罗德的卷宗还是...
Tomorrow.
明天
What you need to do now is take the day, at least.
现在你需要做的是至少歇一天
- Come back ready to go. - I can hang in here...
-回来后好好干 -我撑得住
Go!
去吧
Breathe in some fall air.
呼吸些秋天的空气
I'd like to imagine someone is doing that today.
我猜今天就有人在这么享受
Might as well be you.
那人是你才好
I bet Dollar Bill is doing exactly that
我看美元大亨就在这么作乐呢
with a giant fucking smile on his face.
还他妈一脸的大笑
What are you gonna do?
你准备干什么
Well, we've lost the Axe case.
我们输了阿克斯的案子
Wilcox cut the Dollar Bill thread.
威尔科克斯把美元大亨那条线也断了
We need to get circular with our thinking.
我们得重新理理思绪
Turn the impediments into our own blockers.
将这个障碍物化为己用
Don't worry. I know what I'm talking about.
没关系 我不是胡言乱语
He wanted to see me?
他想见我吗
He did, but not right now.
对 可不是现在
This about those Ionosphere traitors?
关于电离层基金的那些叛徒吗
Quislings?
内奸
Don't answer that.
不用答复我
So, Deb...
那...黛布
Don't.
I make stupid money,
我土豪了
and I'm ready for a relationship.
可以谈谈恋爱了
I make plenty, and I'm out of your league.
我挣得够花 而且我跟你不是一路人
You're right.
也是
Guys around here avoid you like you're a dangerous fighter,
大家都避你不及 看你像个圣斗士
because you're a triple threat --
因为你简直是个三项全能
power, speed, and footwork.
能量 速度 心机
So give me some credit for stepping up.
所以给我点接近你的褒奖
Credit for the honesty.
也就真诚还行
If you have dinner with me, I'll buy you a Mini Cooper.
要是你陪我吃饭我送你辆Mini
Oh, see?
是吧
See? You smiled.
没错吧 你笑了
And you know and I know that a smile
咱都明白笑容代表着
is a gateway to multiple convulsive orgasms.
进入多重强烈高潮的通道
I smiled because I'm too long for a Mini,
我笑是因为我太想要Mini了
and you almost look cute when you're nervous.
而且你紧张兮兮时还有点帅帅的
Hey, Mafee, get in here.
玛菲 来一下
Go on in.
马上
Keyser, Keyser, Keyser, Keyser,
恺撒 恺撒 恺撒
Keyser, Keyser, Keyser, Keyser...
恺撒 恺撒 恺撒
- Thank you. -Keyser, Keyser, Keyser...
-谢谢大家 -恺撒 恺撒 恺撒
Thank you!
谢谢
- Keyser, Keyser... -Thank you, my children.
-恺撒 恺撒 -谢谢孩子们
Bill Stearn!
比尔·斯特恩
I'm back, baby!
我回来了 宝贝
Get your ass in my office right now.
赶紧滚来我办公室
Close the fucking door!
把门他妈关上
Um, you wanna tell me what I did here?
你是要告诉我干的那些事吗
Pretend we're having an argument.
假装咱俩在吵架
You wanna fucking tell me why?
你他妈想告诉我原因吗
I want the Street to think that you and I are on the outs!
我想让整条华尔街认为咱俩格格不入
I especially want those fuckers who left to hear about it!
特别想让那帮跑了的混蛋知道这个
I wanna give Channing, Carly, and Hlasa a good fucking!
我想搞死钱宁卡莉还有拉薩
I heard they went out on their own! You didn't bless that?
我听说他们单飞了 你能不怒吗
- I did not bless that at all. - That's a shame!
-我一点不怒 -真没脸啊
They were talented, and I kind of liked them!
他们都很有才 我挺喜欢他们的
Oh, so you don't wanna help me out?
那你是不想帮我了
Fuck that! They fuck you, they fuck me,
妈的 他们搞你就等于搞我
so let's fuck them!
咱得搞死他们
What do you want me to do?!
那我怎么干
I'm gonna poke you. Poke me back.
我要戳你了 你得戳回来
I'll poke you all goddamn day.
我他妈要戳你一整天
You throw in with them, you tell them I was a prick,
你跟他们混 还说我是个傻叉
but you stuck your neck out -- more to come.
可你是在冒险 接着来啊
Got it!
明白了
You've been through a lot. You all right?
你他妈真是不易 没事吧
It was hell, but I survived!
死去活来 但老子撑住了
When you walk out that door,
等你出门时候
I want you to tell me to go fuck myself,
要冲我喊"去你大爷的"
good and loud!
声大大的
They're gonna hear me in the back office!
办公室那边都能听到老子的声音
Come bonus time, I am gonna show you enough love,
该奖奖你了 我得给你足够的爱
you could start a third family!
你可以要三妻四妾
Two's fucking plenty!
俩他妈就够了
- I'm gonna shove you now! - Go ahead!
-我要推你了 -赶紧
I love you like a brother.
我视你为手足
I fucking love you, too, man.
我他妈也爱你 哥们儿
Go fuck yourself, Axelrod!
去你大爷吧 阿克斯罗德
And now let us take a moment
现在我们来感激
to appreciate the beauty of nature,
唐尼深深眷恋的
which Donnie loved so well.
自然之美
- Amen. - Amen.
-阿门 -阿门
And now, according to Donnie's wishes,
按照唐尼的遗愿
we drink and have a good time.
我们要喝喝酒 开开心
Walter.
沃尔特
Donnie said, and I'm quoting here,
我来转述唐尼的原话
"Have them all bury my picture in autumn leaves,
让他们将我的遗照封存于秋叶之下
and as they do,
在此时
they should make a wish for the world --
他们应为尘世许愿
that has nothing to do with the financial markets."
但不可关乎金融市场
The paint was about eight layers thick and hard,
漆上了大概八层厚 很结实
but I scratched it.
不过被我刮了
And beneath the layers?
漆层下面呢
Wilcox. Greasy muck on his shoes.
威尔科克斯 他鞋底的杂碎
Talk to me.
详细讲讲
Well, I looked at his sentencing history,
我检查了他的判决历史
and about seven years ago,
大约在七年前
there's a significant pattern shift.
开始出现了巨大的转变
Suddenly, he becomes
他突然变成了
the toughest hanging judge on the federal bench,
最严厉的联邦法官
but not on white collar crime.
不过却并不针对白领犯罪
- Oh, no? - No, not on white of any kind.
-是吗 -没错 不管是什么样的白人
He lets the white guys skate
他会放白人一手
if he thinks you have access to lawyers or press
如果他认为你能找到律师或是媒体
or other noisemakers.
或是其他能够制造噪音的人
But poor Black and Latino boys from the hood
但是这个街区可怜的黑人和拉丁裔
get slapped with all kinds of time.
却总是会被定罪
Now is that racism, or is there money somewhere?
这是种族主义 还是和钱有关
Well, I did a deep dive on his financial history,
我深度调查了他的财政历史
and seven years ago, he joined an investment group.
在七年前 他加入了一家投资集团
One of their holdings -- Baldinger Prison Systems,
宝丁格监狱系统是它们旗下的一家
a privatized for-profit prison company.
私营的营利性质的监狱公司
They charge inmates a dollar a minute to use the phone,
他们向犯人们收取每分钟一美元的电话费
and then soak the government with a 300% markup.
然后还从政府那里获得三倍的补贴
They net 17,000 dollars a year per prisoner.
他们在一名犯人身上一年净赚1.7万美元
Wilcox is building his business from the bench.
威尔科克斯在通过法官的职位赚钱
Exactly.
没错
And he's doing it to poor kids
而且他的目标是只有公设辩护人的
with public defenders
可怜孩子
who are far less likely to file an appeal
因为他们很难提起上诉
and far less able to win one.
也很难打赢官司
Jesus Christ.
我的天
Where is the money going?
那些钱去了哪
It bounces into the Caymans, but it winds up in Dominican,
先转到开曼群岛 最后到了多米尼加
where he has a condo.
他在那有一间公寓
This is great work.
干得漂亮
And he's fucking his Dominican housekeeper.
并且他和他的多米尼加管家有一腿
I'm gonna get you back
我会在东区那支持你
from Eastern and make you happy.
让你开心的
I'd like to be happy.
那就最好不过了
Fuck. Really?
我操 真的吗
Pretty grown-up, huh?
很成熟 是吧
If I live to a hundred, I wouldn't be this grown-up.
就算我能活到一百岁 我也不会这么成熟
You want anything?
需要什么吗
I'm fine. Thanks.
不用 谢谢
This isn't from Ikea, is it?
这个不是从宜家买的吧
No.
不是
But it works the same way.
但是用起来都一样
*Men were made to talk
人们生来为说话*
*Babies born to cry
婴儿生来会哭泣*
*Tears will make 'em tall
眼泪让他们高大*
*The fear of God gets in their eyes
眼中出现对上帝的畏惧*
*Sticks and stones
树枝和石头*
*May break my bones
会弄断我的骨头*
*But words will make
但言语会让*
Dad. What are you doing here?
老爸 你怎么来了
I was going through some things,
我之前找东西的时候
and I came across this.
发现了这个
It's your Indian Head penny collection.
是你的印第安角硬币收藏夹
Thought you might get a kick out of it.
我觉得这可能会让你开心一下
You came all the way out to Brooklyn to give me
你大老远的跑到布鲁克林来就是为了把我的
my penny collection?
硬币收藏夹给我
No, I'm meeting Perry and Richie at Luger's later.
不是 我一会要在鲁格餐馆见佩里和里奇
I thought, as long as I'm over here...
我想着 既然我要过来...
Oh, fuck it.
我了个去
This isn't the year that I start choosing my words
我从很早就开始谨慎措辞
to avoid offense.
避免言语带来冒犯
Just when I got my hopes up.
我还真是充满了希望
Okay, you want delicate? How about this?
你想听好听的 听听这个
Perhaps it's time to be more careful
也许你现在应该更加小心地
about how you process and react.
处理事情和做出回应
It's a critical time.
这是个非常关键的时刻
And here's the less delicate way
再来说点不好听的
stop...fucking...up!
别再他妈瞎搞了
Insightful.
够深刻的
This must be how Ali felt
这种感觉一定就像阿里聆听
阿里的恩师
when Angelo Dundee whispered in his ear.
安吉洛·邓迪对他耳语一样
Do you know what the press is saying about you?
你知道媒体是怎么说你的吗
Didn't bother checking. I have a general idea.
我没看 大概什么样我心里有数
Well, they are clubbing you like a baby seal.
他们待你犹如棒杀一只幼海豹
It's time that you got out in front of this.
现在你要去面对这一切了
You are a target
你现在已经
for the Attorney General now.
成了司法部长的眼中钉
Maybe it's time you got out of there
也许现在是你该离开的时候
before you get fired.
在你被解雇之前
And do what?
然后干什么
Go over to Horvath?
去找霍瓦特
Maybe I get on my hands and knees
也许我应该五体投地
and crawl up to Westport, drum up some business
爬到韦斯特波特 给波比·艾克斯罗德
defending Bobby Axelrod or his friends. Huh?
或是他的朋友们辩护来揽些活干
I didn't show up here with just my rod in my hand.
我来这不是只为了责骂你的
No. You brought coins.
是啊 你还带来了硬币
And I have an idea.
我还有个主意
Go ahead.
你说
Take a year off.
休息一年
Move the family up to the farm.
把家搬到农场
Mount Kisco?
基斯科山
It's beautiful.
那里很美
Wendy can open a practice.
温蒂可以在那里工作
God knows there are plenty of bored housewives
那里有很多无聊的家庭主妇
that could use her help.
需要她的帮助
And you write a book.
而你去写本书
In no time,
很快
you will have established residency.
你就会得到一个确定的位置
Patrick Esposito's congressional seat.
帕特里克·埃斯波西托的国会席位
Patrick is tired.
帕特里克累了
I talked to him.
我跟他谈过了
He'll step aside. You'll be a shoo-in.
他会让位 你将成为替代者
Congress.
国会
Boy, that sounds like fun
听上去真是有趣
535 stooges and blowhards,
535个走狗和大忽悠
some of whom even believe in science.
其中一些人甚至是无神论者
Well, you'll stand out.
你是其中的佼佼者
You know, if you had listened to me in the first place
如果你一开始就听我的话
and hadn't blown up the deal with Axelrod,
没有搞砸和阿克斯罗德的交易
we would not be in this spot, would we?
我们也不会弄成这个地步 对吧
"We"?
"我们"
We?
我们
No. You don't get to do that.
不 这事和你没关系
Not anymore.
再也没有关系了
Let me be delicate now.
我现在来说清楚
The game has changed, and you haven't changed with it.
游戏变了 而你并没有随之改变
Your advice is no longer welcome.
已经不再需要你的建议了
So the next time you wanna waltz in here
所以下次你想在这大放厥词
with your "I told you so" routine,
还玩什么"我早说过"这一套
do us both a favor and stay the fuck out.
就当帮个忙 还是别进来了
Four million dollar rip on DKA,
DKA四百万的资金缺口
up 2% in our first week.
我们第一周就上涨2%
There are tips, and there are tips.
一定有内幕消息 必须是内幕消息
You plan on telling us where you got it?
你打算告诉我们你的消息来源吗
You'll hear the next one yourself.
你能亲耳听到下一条消息
He's here.
他来了
Dollar Bill, Mr. Hundred Cent.
美元大亨比尔 百分先生
Billy Buck Buck, motherfucker!
土豪比利 你个混蛋
I should've known.
我早该想到
Everyone's been talking about your brawl with Axe.
大家都在传你和阿克斯的那场对峙
Fucking prick.
妈的那个混账
I keep my mouth shut, risk doing time for him,
我冒着蹲监狱的风险 为他死守口风
and then he treats me like that.
然后他竟然那样对我
Look at this.
瞧这儿
Little shop that could.
极尽简陋
And from the acorn grew the mighty oak.
却从一颗种子成长为苍天大树
No doubt, all-star team like this.
毫无疑问 像这样的全明星队
Could always use one more.
可以再添一名队员
Champagne?
要香槟酒吗
I'll take one of those Heinekens.
给我来一瓶喜力就好
What do you say?
你怎么想
We can talk after the first of the year.
合作一年之后我们再来谈
I am contractually owed a bonus.
从合同上来说我还欠着一份分红
Meantime, want some more candy?
同时 还想再尝点甜头吗
Yeah.
当然
You know how Penn Consol's been rising on takeover rumors?
最近盛传佩恩·卡索尔将被收购 听说了吗
I've been watching that.
我一直都有留意这个消息
Behind the scenes? There's a bidding war.
在幕后 有一场竞价
It is fucking on.
已经他妈的开始了
Sure?
确定吗
I am not uncertain.
确信无疑
Come on in, Chuck. Sit down.
进来 查克 请坐
I can deliver this on my feet.
我可以亲自送过来
Know that if this "urgent meeting"
如果这个"紧急会议"
is to slam me for my ruling on the William Stearn case,
是要抨击我对威廉·斯特恩案的裁定
you should proceed to the other side of that door
你就接着走出那个房门
and tell it to the doorknob.
对着门把骂就好
Whit, that's a closed case.
不 那个结案了
Forget "Dollar" Bill Stearn.
"美元大亨"比尔·斯特恩就不提了
No, this is about Daquan Forrester.
是关于迪康·弗雷斯特的事
You remember Daquan, the first offender kid dealing pot
你还记得迪康吗 那个出千耍诈的初犯小孩
he bought in New Jersey his senior year of high school
在新泽西州时他才高三
that you slapped with 15 years?
你判了十五年刑期
What about him?
他怎么了
It's about Julio Lopez.
胡里奥·洛佩斯
Remember him, too?
也还记得他吗
11 years for credit card fraud
以信用卡诈骗罪判处十一年有期徒刑
because he bought a PlayStation?
就因为他买了台游戏机
This won't do anyone any good.
这对大家都没有好处
Some of those are your cases, your office.
有些也是你的案件 你办公室处理的
How did I miss it for so long?
这么久了 我怎么会一直都没发现
You know, all those middle class types
所有的中产阶级
walking out of your courtroom free.
都能从你的法庭上无罪释放
All those Black and Latino kids going upstate for 20 years.
而黑人和拉丁裔孩子们则被判二十年刑期
I am no racist.
我不是个种族主义者
Oh, no. That's selling you short.
不 你这是妄自菲薄了
You're worse -- a racist and a profiteer.
你更糟糕 你不仅种族主义还投机
You want proof? Wait for it.
要证据吗 等着
Baldinger Prison Systems.
鲍丁格监狱系统
There's no way to reopen ..
重新翻案
- ..those cases.- I can draw a straight line to you and your partners,
-是不可能的 -我能直接查上你和你同伙
your offshore bank account,
你们的离岸账户
and even your little girlfriend, Maribel Solarte,
甚至你的小女朋友 玛丽贝尔·索拉特
at your condo in Punta Cana.
她住在你蓬塔卡纳的公寓里
Theories and accusations.
都是些理论和诬告
After I've spent a lifetime on the bench,
我做了一辈子的法官
until I got splinters in my ass and all for...
焦头烂额 却只得到...
a civil servant's wages.
公务员的薪资水平
We both know they're not just accusations, Your Honor.
我们彼此都清楚这并不是诬告 法官大人
What do you want?
你想怎么样
You will resign immediately
你立刻以某些不便透露的个人原因
for undisclosed personal reasons.
提出辞职
And there will be a little party and tearful goodbyes,
会有场小小的送别会和挥泪道别
and you will stride off into private practice.
然后你可以开一家私人律师事务所
Or the FBI could come in here
否则就是FBI过来了
and give you a far different reception.
用另一种完全不同的方式来招呼你
You...won't prosecute?
你不提起公诉吗
No. You do it that way,
不 你那么做了
and the Southern District declines to prosecute.
南区就不会提起公诉
Because if we did, you would dig
因为如果我们这么做
those badger teeth and claws of yours in and fight.
你会张牙舞爪 奋力反击
It would take two years, and you would go to jail,
可能要花个两年 然后你再进大牢
but the Southern District believes
但是南区认为
that your swift departure would be best for the justice system.
你的立即离开对司法体制最为有利
And shame on you.
还有 真以你为耻
How you holding up?
你怎么样
Funeral arrangements were a welcome distraction.
准备葬礼是个不错的分散舆情办法
I brought a casserole, just like it was the '50s.
我带了一份炖菜来 是五十年代的做法
This Secret Santa project looks overwhelming.
神秘圣诞老人似乎非常多
Do you need a hand?
要帮忙吗
Help is literally on the way.
帮手正在路上
Lara's taking over the whole operation.
萝拉接管了整次活动
Oh. So good of her.
她太好了
She's been great.
她一直都这么好
Both of them, really great.
他们俩真的很好
You're in a...complicated position.
你处于一个很复杂的位置
Yeah.
是的
It was...hard on Donnie,
无法告诉你这件事
not being able to tell you.
对唐尼来说很难
What do you mean?
什么意思
I just mean his privacy, you know.
我是说他的隐私
It meant a lot to him.
对他而言意义重大
Did other people know?
其他人知道吗
I've got a big truck outside.
我把大卡车开来了
- Oh, do you need me to move? - If you wouldn't mind.
-你需要我离开吗 -如果你不介意的话
It's so good of you to take over the Secret Santa thing.
你能接管神秘圣诞老人这项活动真的太好了
Yeah. We were pretty close.
是呀 我们关系很亲近
And closer in troubled times.
在困难的时候更是如此
That's the true test of friendship.
那是友情的检验
Yes, it is.
是的
What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
I'm saying hi to Walter,
我在跟沃尔特问好
seeing if he needed anything.
看看他需不需要什么
He's taken care of.
他很好
I see. Well, I figure, at a time like this,
我知道 我想在这种时候
the more the merrier.
越多帮忙越好
At a time like this, a family pulls together.
在这种时候 家人会团结起来
That's what Axe Capital is -- a family.
阿克斯资本就是这样 一个家庭
One I'm part of, too.
我也是其中一员
Of course you are.
当然
We're fine.
我们没事
Thanks for the casserole.
谢谢你的砂锅
Want company?
要一起喝吗
No. I'd be no good.
不用了 我情绪不太好
All right.
好吧
You okay?
你还好吗
Sure.
当然
You and Donnie were close,
你跟唐尼很亲近
especially these last few months.
尤其是过去几个月
How long you figure it's been since we've had a session?
你觉得我们上次谈话是什么时候了
We talk all the time.
我们一直都有聊天
No, a real session.
不 是真正的谈话
Three and a half years.
三年半了
Will you come see me?
你会来看我吗
Christmas coming a little early this year?
今年的圣诞节早到了吗
This is Donnie's Secret Santa project.
这是唐尼的神秘圣诞老人活动
I took it on.
我接手了
- We're elves. - Slave elves.
-我们是精灵 -精灵奴隶
Gordie.
戈弟
Pretty big job here, boys. You want some help?
很大的工程量呀孩子们 需要帮忙吗
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I'll get a half a dozen interns from the office.
我会把公司几个实习生叫来
They'll knock this off in no time.
他们很快就能搞定这些
They're Ivy Leaguers.
他们是常青藤学校出来的
- Yes. - Conference.
-太好了 -你过来一下
You two keep wrapping.
你们俩继续包
Remember, there are more presents in the other room.
记住 其他房间还有礼物
This is one of those teachable moments
这就是我们聊过的
that we talked about.
教育机会
The idea is that we do something with our own hands
就是要我们作为一个家庭
to benefit the less fortunate, as a family.
用自己的双手给不幸的人帮忙
Is this a teachable moment for me or for the kids?
这是我的教育机会还是孩子们的
All right, I'll wrap.
好吧 我去包
And, Bobby...
还有 波比
I ran into Wendy at Walter's today.
我今天在沃尔特家遇到温蒂了
And?
然后呢
She was probing Walter for information.
她在向沃尔特探寻信息
Is that right?
是吗
It made me wonder about her continuing value.
这让我怀疑她继续留下来的价值
We're vulnerable, and so are they.
我们很脆弱 他们也是
I trust her.
我相信她
Thank you.
谢谢
- Your Honor. - Counselor.
-尊敬的法官 -顾问
You didn't have to come.
其实你不用来
Oh, of course I did.
我当然要来
Wouldn't be seemly otherwise.
不然就不合适了
Boy, you know what I love about this cake?
你知道我喜欢这蛋糕什么吗
- What? - Sour cream.
-什么 -酸奶油
It's just like my grandmother used to make.
就像我奶奶以前做的那样
Gives it a little...tang.
有一点...强烈
- Yes, it does. - Yeah.
-是的 -是的
You like a little tang every so often, don't you, Whit?
你哪儿哪儿都喜欢强烈一点 不是吗威特
- Sure, Chuck. - Yeah.
-当然 查克 -是呀
It's a really nice crowd.
这群人真是很好
I think I'll say a few words.
我想我要说两句
No, that won't be necessary.
不 不必了
I love to speak.
我想说两句
Ladies and gentlemen?
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention for a moment?
女士们先生们 我能说两句话吗
Thank you.
谢谢
Justice.
正义
Rooted in truth, watered by tenacity,
在真相处扎根 用坚韧来灌溉
and flowering in wisdom.
于睿智里开花
May be the single most beautiful expression of humanity.
也许是人性唯一最美妙的表现了
For a man to dedicate his life in its pursuit
对于一个为了他的追求贡献一生的人来说
rings of a certain nobility.
这是高尚的
And this day we gather to acknowledge that nobility
而今天我们来到这里见证
in the Honorable Whit Wilcox.
尊敬的威特·威尔科克斯大人的高尚
Devoted servant of justice.
正义的忠诚仆人
and one of its most industrious sentinels.
是其中最为勤勉的卫士
Congratulations, Judge Wilcox.
恭喜您 威尔科克斯法官
And thank you for your noble service.
感谢您的高尚付出
For... He's a jolly good fellow.For he's a jolly good fellow
因为他是个大好人 因为他是个大好人
For he's a jolly good fellow. Which nobody can...
因为他是个大好人 没人能...
Hello, Judge.
你好 法官
You're going to jail.
你要进监狱了
You may even own it.
没准还是你辖区内的监狱
You're a fucking liar.
你他妈的骗子
I said the Southern District wouldn't prosecute.
我说南区不起诉
I can't speak for Eastern.
但我说话不代表东区
You'll be coming with us.
你跟我们走
You have the right to remain silent.
你有权保持沉默
Anything you say can and will be used against you
你所说的每一句话都可能用作对你的
in a court of law.
呈堂公证
Twenty-eight percent of our goddamn fund
到我们割肉出来的时候
by the time we dug ourselves
该死的基金已经
...out of the position.
缩水了28%
Was there ever even a real takeover being considered?
到底有没有真的考虑过收购
Who cares? It's over.
管他呢 都结束了
How are we gonna explain this to our investors?
我们怎么跟投资者解释
Nice space.
地方不错
Edgy.
装修很前卫
Mind if I take a seat?
介意我坐下吗
Going forward, you might want to consider
以后 你们也许得考虑
vetting your information a little better.
更仔细地核查消息
Lesson learned.
受教了
I could take pleasure
我可以很开心地
in watching you three circle the drain,
坐视你们三人慢慢被榨干
but I am a practical man.
但我这人是实用主义派
And there was a reason that I hired and trained all of you
并且 我一早就雇佣并且培训了你们
in the first place.
是有原因的
So...here's what I'm prepared to do.
所以 我打算这样
I will seed Ionosphere --
我会给电离层基金
stupid fucking name, by the way --
顺便说下 这名字多傻
with 250 million dollars.
注资2.5亿美元
That should keep the lights on.
这应该就够大而不倒了
You'll be required to sign
要求你们签署
non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
竞业禁止协议和禁止招揽协议
We will enter into a revenue share agreement.
我们将做收入分享协议
The current rate for seed money is 20 to 25%,
种子基金目前现行利率是20%至25%
- ...so why don't we call it 40? - 40?
-那我们定40%如何 -40%吗
Swallow that and wash it down with this.
别着急 继续听完我的话
You will provide total transparency.
你们要做到全方位的透明
I want your trade files sent to my office every night.
我要你们每天晚上把交易纪录发到我办公室
There will be a limit
对于外部资金的筹集量
on how much outside capital you can raise.
也给你们做了一个限制
At no time can you manage more than 999 million dollars.
无论何时你们的资金都不得超过9.99亿
There will be no buy-out to eliminate
收入分享协议不得通过
the revenue share agreement
收购的方式解除掉
and no lock-up on my money.
同时我的钱也不是锁定的
I can pull the plug at any time.
我随时可以抽走
That's the deal. No negotiation.
就是这样 不许讨价还价
I'm counting to five, and then it's off the table.
我数到五 之后交易取消
- One -- - We'll do it.
-一 -我们答应
Wise.
聪明
And I'd better see you at the funeral.
在葬礼上能见到你们就再好不过了
I, uh, I don't go to funerals.
我 我不参加葬礼
I can't bring myself to. I-I skip 'em.
我没法让自己去 我都忽略掉
I send mountains of flowers and food to the wake,
我会送很多的花和食品到灵堂
convince myself that's the right thing to do.
说服自己这样做是对的
If I were asked why, I'd say,
如果问我为什么 我会说
"Well, we wanna remember him how he was,"
"我们希望记住他曾经的样子"
or some other bullshit.
或别的扯淡的话
Truth?
说实话
I like to keep moving so I don't have to think about it.
我希望向前看 这样就可以不用去想着这事
More truth?
说大实话
I'm not the type to grapple with it all.
我就不是会纠结这事的人
But...
不过...
There was no way that I was gonna skip this one.
这一次我说什么也不能忽略掉
Because Donnie...
因为唐尼
grappled with all of it.
他一直在与死亡困境斗争
He was courage.
他代表着勇气
And...hope.
和希望
And his intelligence and his kindness
他的睿智和善意
made me wanna be all those things, too.
让我也希望成为那样
As it did all of you.
你们也是
I am so angry that he's gone.
他的去世让我很愤怒
So glad that while he was here,
他活着在这时 我很高兴
I was one of the lucky few who knew him.
我为数不多有幸认识他的幸运儿
I admired Donnie Caan.
我钦佩唐尼·卡恩
And I am proud to have called him a friend.
并且我很荣幸有他这样的朋友
Let's do this. Donnie.
我们来吧 致唐尼
To Donnie.
致唐尼
Why you working from home today?
你今天为什么在家上班
I went to a funeral and got kicked out...
我去参加个葬礼 被我老婆
by my wife.
踢了出来
I needed the quiet.
我需要安静
The Judge Wilcox arrest...
威尔科克斯法官被捕
Slick move.
干得漂亮
That wasn't it. It was just the opener, right?
不止如此 这是个开场 对吧
You got rid of an impediment, but that's not enough.
你除掉了这个障碍 但还没完
You're putting in your own blocker.
你要放上你自己的人
You wanna put someone in that seat --
你想把某人放倒那个位子上
someone who'll owe you, not someone who's compromised.
欠你人情 不会倒戈对付你的人
Just a more...willing ear.
一个更听话的人
The person needs to be qualified.
这个人必须得资质符合
He or she needs to check out
他或她要能够
gold stars across the board.
纵观全局把握要点
It's a Senate appointment, the Judiciary committee,
这是参议院司法委员会任命
so it won't be immediate, but it won't be long either.
所以不会太快 但也不会太久
Yeah, you're almost there.
对 你猜得八九不离十
Adam DeGiulio?
亚当·德朱利奥
And then he's out of your way at the AG's office, too.
然后他也把通往司法部长的路给让你了出来
And maybe he leaves a friendly behind in his place.
兴许他留下位置的还很不错
Don't get too excited by how good it sounds.
听起来不错 但别太兴奋
Everything's gotta fall just right.
一切都会有个完美的结局
And the odds of that happening --
事情发生的几率...
Still, you're playing the game again. Clear-eyed.
但你再次参与游戏了 思路清晰
Oh, that I am.
没错
Drink?
喝一杯
No. I'll -- I'll keep mine clear, too.
不 我 我也要保持清醒
You all right?
你没事吧
Sad.
我难过
Yeah. Good guy.
是啊 他是个好人
One of the few people at work who were remotely interesting.
为数不多的工作中还有点意思的人
Tell me about it.
可不是
And...he was our gay guy.
而且 他还是我们的同性恋朋友
That make a difference?
有关系吗
Yeah.
These days, it's great to have a gay.
这年头 有个同性恋朋友多好啊
You are a complete goddamn animal.
你简直是禽兽
I ruined his life.
我毁了他的生活
Say again?
你说什么
Donnie.
唐尼
I was able to patch him up,
我本可以解决他的问题
keep him in a game that made him miserable.
却让他留在一个让他痛苦的游戏里
If I just...
如果我
let him fail, get fired, he would've been better off.
让他失败被解雇 也不至于落得这个下场
He could've made the life he wanted.
他本可以得到他想要的生活
That's kind of a stretch, Wendy.
这想法有点不切实际 温蒂
Oh, he would've been so much happier
如果回归学术
if he'd returned to academia.
他会开心得多
Give me a break.
算了吧
College professors are broke as fuck and bitter, too.
大学教授一文不名 日子更苦
They certainly don't leave 40 mil to their families
他们死了之后可不会给家人
when they knock off.
留下四千万遗产
Now, what...
现在
is really going on, Dr. Rhoades?
到底是怎么回事 罗兹医生
Is it a little case of projection?
是心理投射吗
Donnie walked with 40?
唐尼带走了四千万
Hyperbole.
夸张的说法
Just making my point.
只是为了说明我的观点
Right.
Worst part of my job, I'll tell you that.
告诉你们 这是我工作中最不好的地方
- Ari. - Hey, Bobby.
-阿里 -波比
Thank you, Dr. Gilbert,
谢谢 吉尔伯特医生
for the excellent care,
谢谢你无微不至的关怀
for trying so hard.
这么尽心尽力
Walter, we're gonna take off.
沃尔特 我们要走了
A messenger's gonna stop by tomorrow.
明天会收到信息
You'll have all the info.
你会得到所有信息
Any problems, you have the number, right?
有问题打给我 你有我号码吧
Yes.
Thank you.
谢谢
I should be thanking you.
该是我谢谢你们
I took him away from you.
我把他从你身边夺走了
He should've been with his family, with you.
他本应该跟家人 跟你在一起
No. You pulled him out of a dark well,
不 你把他从黑暗中拯救出来
made him himself again.
让他做回自己
Got him reaching for that final piece of life
让他可以追求生命最终的意义
instead of watching it go.
而不是看着它流逝
Oh, honey.
亲爱的
It was a good send-off.
这个告别式很好
It was very Donnie.
非常有唐尼的风格
So nothing to worry about on the Secret Santa front.
不用担心 没人扮神秘圣诞老人了
I really couldn't have that around the house.
我真受不了家里有个圣诞老人
Donnie loved doing it so much.
唐尼非常喜欢这么做
He kept saying, "I just wanna make it to Christmas
他一直说 "我只想撑到圣诞节
so I can be Santa one more time."
这样我就能再扮一次圣诞老人了"
He'd see them get the gifts
他就能看到他们收到礼物
and beam straight through New Year's.
一直高兴过新年
He just didn't make it.
可惜他没撑过来
Okay. I'll meet you in the waiting room.
好 休息室见
Okay.
Ari? How is he?
阿里 他怎么样
It's not contained, and it's spreading quickly.
没有控制住 扩散得很快
I'm not into the calendar game,
我不喜欢给病人倒计时
but...two, three months.
但 还剩两三个月吧
That's a shame.
太可惜了
He is a candidate for a drug trial in Pittsburgh
他是匹兹堡一个药物试验的候选人
that's been yielding some pretty interesting results.
那个试验的一些效果不错
Such as?
比如
Slowing growth down, buying time, really.
控制病情发展 延长生命 真的
How much?
多长时间
Three or four months more, six.
三四个月 多的话六个月
I can get him in,
我能让他入选
but it is a pretty rigorous course.
但这个过程很残酷
So...kind of rough for a guy
所以 对一个
who's been through a lot already.
已经经历了够多的人来说 有些痛苦
It can be.
有可能
Maybe we shouldn't bring it up.
或许我们根本不该提起这事
You think? I...
你这么想 我
Well, I mean,
我是说
what kind of quality of life will he have?
他的生活质量会是什么样的
Best not to bring it up then.
那最好还是别提了
Yeah.
歌曲名Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down) 歌手Chumbawamba
*I get knocked down, but I get up again.
我被击倒了 但我会爬起来*
*You're never gonna keep me down.
你打不倒我的*
*I get knocked down, but I get up again.
我被击倒了 但我会爬起来*
*You're never gonna keep me down.
你打不倒我的*
*I get knocked down, but I get up again.
我被击倒了 但我会爬起来*
*You're never gonna keep me down.
你打不倒我的*
*I get knocked down, but I get up again.
我被击倒了 但我会爬起来*
*You're never gonna keep me down.
你打不倒我的*
*I get knocked down, but I get up again.
我被击倒了 但我会爬起来*
*You're never gonna keep me down.
你打不倒我的*
*I get knocked down, but I get up again.
我被击倒了 但我会爬起来*
*You're never gonna keep me down.
你打不倒我的*
*I get knocked down, but I get up again.
我被击倒了 但我会爬起来*
*You're never gonna keep me down.
你打不倒我的*
*I get knocked down.
我被击倒了*