Previously on "Billions"...
《亿万》前情提要
When did it become a crime to succeed in this country?
成功在这个国家成了犯罪
Everyone has access to the information.
每个人都能获取消息
We just know how to analyze it better.
只是我们能更好地分析它
Suspect trading pattern on Pepsum Pharmaceuticals.
珀萨姆制药出现可疑交易模式
They had inside information.
他们有内部信息
You must get pings like that every day.
你们一定每天都能接收到这样的信息吧
It's bigger than that.
事情没这么简单
All three firms have links to Bobby Axelrod.
三家公司都与波比·阿克斯罗德有关
This would be a big one.
这可是起大案子
But a good matador doesn't try to kill a fresh bull.
但是斗牛士不会杀一头刚出场的牛
You wait until he's been stuck a few times.
你得等牛被刺了几次之后再说
Why aren't you prosecuting the investment banks
你为什么不起诉使用内幕交易的
and hedge funds for insider trading?
投行和对冲基金呢
Go ask the 81 convicted felons of financial crimes
去问问那些定了罪 在监狱里服刑的
currently serving time.
81位金融罪犯
But you have a very specific conflict of interest
但是你家里就有个很明确的
right in your own home.
利益冲突
Your value to the firm is absolute.
你对公司的价值是不可替代的
I've been working there since before we were married
我们结婚之前我就在那上班了
and long before you were in office.
比你当职还早得多
I work for the public good.
我为公众利益而工作
No, you work for the good of Chuck Rhoades.
不 你为查克·罗兹的利益而工作
Maybe sometimes they intersect.
只是也许某些时候这两个目的交叉了
You know the Norton place out at the beach?
你们知道沙滩那边有个叫诺顿的地方吗
I just heard Bobby Axelrod is trying to buy it.
我刚听说波比·艾克斯罗德想买下那栋房子
- How much? - $83 million.
-多少钱 -8300万美元
People hate guys who buy things like that.
人们厌恶购买这类东西的人
You said there was only one thing you were afraid of.
你说你只怕一件事
Guys in windbreakers walking in your office
穿风衣的家伙走进你办公室说
saying, "Step away from the computer."
"离电脑远点"
And you told me you'd make sure it wouldn't happen.
而你告诉我 你保证这件事不会发生的
So let me make sure.
那就让我来保证
It's either him or you.
不是他 就是你
That swap deal he did on Arcadian Railroad...
他做的阿卡迪亚铁路的掉期交易
Do an autopsy on the deal,
好好剖析这次交易
you'll find yourself a pulitzer in the carcass.
够你拿个普利策奖
Front fucking page of the Post.
《纽约邮报》头条
《纽约邮报》 沙滩游客 我们能分一杯羹吗阿克斯罗德靠对冲基金利润买下汉普顿豪宅
It's like he's daring you.
似乎他在跟你叫板
It's likely they've opened a case file on you.
似乎他们要对你立案
m 20 0 l 209 0 b b b 11 228 0 218 0 209 l 0 20 b 0 11 11 0 20 0
m 71 60 b 71 0 161 0 161 60 b 161 120 71 120 71 60
仅供学习 禁止用于任何商业盈利行为最新最快海外影视字幕下载请登陆www.ZiMuZu.tv
翻译:MikeJiang 彼岸的宁静 美加墨 Sallybear 七七 冰岛豆腐
翻译:王二川 一千除四 zhanginfo 时间轴:风吹来的那片云
No, Pete, the gold standard is never coming back.
皮特 金本位制不会重现
校对:SallyBear zhanginfo 宁馨儿
And if it did, this world would be so fucked,
如果真的出现了 我也会把钱花在
I'd buy space travel, not gold.
太空旅行上 而不会拿去买黄金
Nice pitch, though.
感谢你的建议
If I'd have known it was a gold play,
如果我知道他要说黄金的事
I'd have never put him through.
我就不会让你接电话了
Always put that lunatic through.
我永远要接这个疯子的电话
One out of every 200 ideas he has is fucking brilliant.
两百个主意就可能有一个绝顶高明
"No man is a hero to his valet."
"仆从目中无英雄"
That goes double for his C.O.O.,
在你的首席运营官眼里更是如此
so you are fucked with me either way.
所以在我眼里你什么都不是
Let's take a car to the city instead of flying.
我建议我们坐车而不是坐飞机进城
What's underneath this?
为什么要这样
Look, if the U.S. Attorney is really coming,
如果检察官确实在找你的麻烦
maybe it's better if we don't make you more of a target.
那你最好还是低调行事
And more important, Garth Sykes from Flagship.
还有 旗舰公司的加斯·赛克斯
Hated seeing you on the cover of the Post
对你买下海景别墅
with that goddamned oceanfront mansion.
上了《纽约邮报》头条的事情非常不爽
Teachers in that pension fund make 40 grand a year.
教师们每年的退休金只有四万美元
People who have it spend it.
我自己的钱想怎么花就怎么花
People who don't have it
没钱的人
like billies better who spend on other folks.
总是希望富翁们把钱花在其他人身上
Charity, good works.
做些慈善事业
I do, I have, and you know it.
我明白 我也做了不少 你知道的
Today, they only remember the house.
但是今天 他们只会记得那个别墅
I have a feeling there'll be another one of us
我感觉很快就有新的富翁
on the front pages soon enough,
登上报纸的头条
and they'll forget about that.
然后大家就会把这事给忘了
But if Flagship does try and withdraw...
但如果旗舰公司试图撤资的话...
We can't let him.
不能让这样的事情发生
If Flagship pulls its $1.5 billion, it gets public.
如果旗舰公司撤走十五亿 事情会公开
Other institutions go, too.
其他的公司也会撤资
Whole thing could domino.
会发生多米诺骨牌效应
Get with Sykes, keep them on board.
找赛克斯谈谈 稳住他们
That's just why I'm telling you
这就是为什么我跟你说
to keep it a little more low-key.
要低调一点
Who's more low-key than me?
还有人比我更低调
So, the key to bagging Axe is... ?
想要抓住阿克斯的关键是...
His fund. Has to be.
他的基金肯定有问题
We start with Decker
我们从德克尔下手
since he had the longest tenure at Axe Capital
相比阿克斯支持的其他人
of anyone who left with Axe's backing.
他在阿克斯资本的工作时间是最长的
Get me some more of those cold sesame noodles, would you?
可以再帮我来点芝麻凉面吗
No, these are... these are Dandan noodles.
这个叫做担担面
Same fucking thing.
不是一回事吗
No. No, one's Szechuan, the other Taiwanese.
不是 担担面是四川的 芝麻面是台湾的
It's a whole thing.
完全不一样
You know, this is why I don't mind the hours.
这就我不在乎加班的原因
I'm always learning something on the job. It's incredible.
我总能学到新知识 太不可思议了
Yeah, tell him about General Tso's, Bryan.
布莱恩 跟他讲讲左宗棠鸡的故事
Oh, no, he flings this shit at you, too?
我的天 他也跟你讲了那些故事
Sprays it all around.
他一直都在讲
The only place you've ever been is Asia,
你只去过亚洲
you can't help yourself.
你情不自禁要说亚洲的故事
Here, indictments on that Ponzi thing.
这是庞氏骗局案的起诉书
Tell me about the general, Bryan. Come on.
跟我讲讲那个将军的故事 布莱恩
Well, now you've done it.
你又可以开始了
General Tso, he was a statesman in the Ging dynasty.
左宗棠将军 是清朝的一位政治家
Suppressed a revolution.
他镇压了一场革命
Oh, and now he has the true glory.
他现在倒是获得了不少荣誉
A fried chicken dish named for him the world over, huh?
以他名字命名的炸鸡在世界范围流行
That was created in America.
那道菜是在美国发明的
Maybe after we nail Axe, they'll reciprocate,
也许在我们抓住阿克斯之后 他们会回报你
name a dish after you in China, huh?
用你的名字在中国命名一道菜
Oh-ho. General Chuck's?
查克将军的食谱
Really, what would that... what would that look like,
那会是什么菜呢
a burger with the cheese cooked on the inside?
里面充满奶酪的汉堡
You really think I could ever be that richly honored?
你真的觉得我能得到这么高的嘉奖
Hey, I will make it so.
我会尽全力让它实现的
Not if we're still stuck.
如果我们要打破僵局
We need to find a way to get Pete Decker on the hook, right?
就要想办法让皮特·德克尔上钩
Decker hires young,
德克尔雇的都是年轻人
and he pays at the top of the range.
并且付给他们业界最高的薪水
Now, once these guys get a taste for that kind of money,
这些人尝到了高薪的滋味后
they get desperate to keep it going.
就会不顾一切去维系着一切
Start tracking all of his analysts and traders.
从调查所有的分析师和交易员开始入手
Next one makes a mistake, we're right there.
一有人犯错 我们立刻就到
Just like smoking in the girls' bathroom at St. Mary's.
就像在圣玛丽中学的女卫生间里吸烟一样
You had to be quick, or you'd be over a nun's knee.
如果藏得不快 就要被修女打屁股了
That's a fun picture to have in my head.
我喜欢这个画面感
Mm. Yeah. They weren't that kind of nun.
她们不是你想象中那种修女
They looked like Dick Cheney.
她们长得像迪克·切尼
That is such a shitty name on such a great building.
这么棒的建筑上有个这么烂的名字
Oh, don't. Don't focus on that.
不要 别只注意那个
Think of all the good that's going on here tonight.
想想看今晚会发生的好事情
Can't. It mars everything.
没办法 它把一切都毁了
The name up there should mean something.
那上面的名字应当有意义
Should add... add to the luster of the place.
应当能够为建筑增光
I like the building.
我喜欢这建筑
They're about to pass the hat.
他们要开始捐款了
Get rid of this for us, will you?
就别带这个了 好吗
- Bobby! - Birchy!
-波比 -博奇
What are you doing to me?
你在对我做什么
You're making me weak.
你让我全身无力
It's my work ring.
是我的工作铃声
Thought you left white-collar crime to cover the election.
我以为你为了选举离开了白领犯罪组
but I stumbled onto one too good to give someone else.
但我不小心拿了份不想给别人的工作
What do you know about Steven Birch
你对史蒂文·博奇和阿卡迪亚铁路公司
and Arcadian Railroad?
有什么了解
What? What do you have?
什么 你掌握了什么
Birch made a big play in the Railroad...
博奇在铁路公司动作很大
Captured 43% before good numbers,
在好业绩披露之前就掌握了43%的股份
and expansion plans were announced with inside information.
扩张计划和内幕消息一并公布
where the U.S. Attorney for the Southern district
美国南部地区的检察官
stands on an investigation.
对该调查持什么态度
I'm posting this on the web in five minutes.
我五分钟后就把消息发上网
It's already on the desk.
文章都写好了
It'd be better with a comment for you...
能拿到你的评论意见就更好了
It's late. That might not be enough time to get a comment.
现在太晚了 没有足够的时间去要评论
I'm posting it. We can't get beat on this story.
我会发的 这个报道不能被人抢先
You can't run it without a motherfucking quote.
你他妈连个引述都没有怎么发布
Yeah, you're on speaker.
我开了扬声器
Financial Journal called
《金融日报》打电话
for comment on Steven Birch.
来要对史蒂文·博奇的评论
They're running a story
他们在写
that he made illegal trades on Arcadian Railroad
他在阿卡迪亚铁路公司非法交易的报道
and that the evidence is incontrovertible.
还会写证据非常确凿
Stall while we check.
我们查查 拖住他
But this sounds like bullshit.
但这听上去像扯淡
I mean, how could the paper have that before we do... or the FBI?
一家报纸怎么会比我们和联调局都先知道
You know, I went to school with a few guys who work for Birch.
我上学的同学里有给博奇打工的
- You want me to... - Yes, right now.
-你想让我... -是的 立刻
Get Terri McCue over at FBI up on this, too... now.
让联调局的特里·麦丘也来查 立刻
I'm not tolling any bells for you, Bobby.
我不是在给你鸣丧钟 波比
Sounds a bit like you are.
听上去感觉就是
There's a reason you retained my firm.
你留住我的律所是有原因的
Ah, fuck the firm... A bunch of rich, young lawyers.
管什么律所 一帮有钱的小律师
There's a reason you retained me... me.
你留住我是有原因的 我
I look far enough down the road
我在这条道儿上看得足够长远
to let you avoid the speed traps.
能让你避免被拍到超速
U.S. Attorney needs to bag you.
联邦检察院要拿下你
Rhoades could bring it quick or take two years.
罗兹可能很快行动 也可能花两年时间
- Two years? - Then it becomes a three-front war...
-两年 -到时你会三面受敌
P.R., redemptions, and the government.
公共关系 基金赎回 还有政府
It's not too early to start a makeover of the firm's culture.
公司文化现在开始改头换面 不算早
What fucking culture?
什么文化
Big returns that beat the street by double digits year in,
每年都高于华尔街两位数的收益率
year out, making our investors rich?
年复一年让投资者变富有吗
- That culture? - No... the rep.
-那个文化吗 -不 是名声
Smart money... maybe a little too smart.
精明的投资 可能太精明了一点
If they bring an action,
如果他们开始行动
the whole strategy becomes about leveraging a settlement...
整个战略就变成了权衡出一次和解
A deferred prosecution agreement and forfeiture
签一份暂缓起诉协议并缴纳罚金
that lets you keep working.
才好保住你的工作
And the best way to get that
达到这目的的最好方法
is to act like you'd never settle.
就是装作你永远不会和解
I'd never settle.
我永远不会和解
That's the public posture, for sure.
这是给大众看的样子
I'd never settle.
我永远不会和解
That's a good delivery. That'll work.
这让人信服 这能行
- Thank you! Thank you! - I'm gonna go find my table.
-谢谢 谢谢 -我回我的座位了
Thank you. How you doing?
谢谢 大家好
My name is Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller,
我是佩特公司的佩恩·吉列特
and we're gonna give as much money as we can.
我们将尽可能多捐钱
I will hurt myself,
我会自我伤害
then you will hurt yourself with money.
然后你们用捐钱自我伤害
Gonna look like this.
就像这样
Think about how much that hurts
想想看这有多疼
and think about how good you would feel
再想想看你捐一百万美金的话
if you gave a million dollars.
会有多开心
Who's giving a million dollars? Stand up.
谁愿意捐一百万 请起立
Come on! A million dollars!
来 一百万美金
Starting at a stick. Fuck it.
从点滴开始 去他的
I'll do it. I'll do it.
我要捐 我要捐
Oh! You're a good man!
你是个好人
No better than you.
你也一样好
Wonderful. Wonderful. That's good.
好极了 这很好
Who are the cheapskates giving a half a million?
有哪些小气鬼愿意捐五十万
Come on. Half a million up there.
来 五十万
or people will think I'm not paying you enough.
不然别人会以为我工资付得不够高
Can I see $250,000?
二十五万呢
I'll get everybody standing up eventually.
我会让每个人都站起来的
They will not let Teller go unless everybody stands up.
少一个人他们都不会让特勒走的
《金融日报》 内幕交易的证据山麓资本CEO史蒂文·博奇利用内幕信息交易
How about $250,000 over here?
那边捐不捐二十五万
Financial Journal just pasted Birch.
《金融日报》刚登了博奇
100 grand... stand up.
捐10万的 起立
Anybody making $50,000? How about $25,000?
有要捐5万的吗 2万5的呢
He's gonna want that million back.
他想毁捐那100万
Everybody should be standing up at this point!
所有人现在都应该起立了吧
Hey. You need a minute before we...
你要准备一下吗 在我们...
Pump-up sesh for the morning meeting,
为晨会快速打个气
like every week.
就像之前每周那样
Oh, what the fuck, Wend? I count on it.
你这什么鬼 小温 我指望着你呢
It's how I get in there and deal with those animals.
这样我才能走进去和那群畜生打交道
Canceled until further notice.
除非有进一步征兆 不然就取消了
You don't need it... not anymore.
你不再需要了
You're the best P.M. on the floor.
你是这里最棒的基金经理
They're fucking sure of it.
他们太他妈清楚这一点了
Those animals are used to you putting them down now.
那群畜生现在习惯你干掉他们
Hardly even whimper as it happens.
而他们声都不敢出
Our sesh, while fun, is a waste of your time.
我们的小会 虽有趣但浪费你的时间
You just did it, didn't you?
你刚已经帮我打气了 对吧
3 feet apart, all right?
每株间隔3英尺 好吗
Tres, all right?
三英尺一株 懂吗
And mucha agua en la maňana.
早上要多浇水[西班牙语]
Can you tell him no food and lots of water in the morning?
你能告诉他早上不施肥多浇水吗
- He knows. - Does he? Yeah?
-他听得懂 -你确定吗
'Cause I don't feel like I'm getting much back from him.
我感觉他没怎么回应我
You know Lu wants to do zucchini flowers on special
你知道卢尤其想种西葫芦花
now that the frost is gone,
既然现在雾散了
so let's be ready when they come in.
他们来之前咱们准备好
You got it, boss.
马上照办 老板
All right, ladies and gentlemen.
好了 各位
We are up 32% year-to-date,
我们今年到目前涨了32%
and we are open to all moneymaking ideas.
现在对所有挣钱的想法洗耳恭听
Longs, shorts, sells, covers... all Alpha welcome.
做多 做空 卖出 冲销 任何策略都行
The choppy waters out there are perfect... for us.
震荡行情对我们来说正好
For the average investor, hell no.
对普通投资者来说 绝对是噩耗
But never forget... what's bad for him is good for us.
但是千万别忘了 对彼有害对己有利
If... if we're as smart as we think we are.
只要我们如自认为那样聪明
If not, the heat'll melt us
不然的话 就会像
like an almond joy in the sun.
晒化的喜乐杏仁巧克力
So, are you smart enough?
所以 你足够聪明吗
Some of us fuckin' are.
部分人确实他妈的聪明
How about you, Pouch?
你呢 眼袋兄
How am I supposed to answer that?
我要怎么回答这问题
What happened on Eureka Tranship?
尤里卡中转公司是什么情况
You knew they were gonna whiff their numbers.
你知道他们会减持的
Why didn't you bang the short harder?
你为什么不能做空得更狠一点
You left 5 fucking percent on the table.
你他妈的漏了5个点
I thought they were gonna whiff, but I didn't know.
我猜他们会减持 但我不确定
You are such a pussy on the short side.
你做空的时候简直跟个娘们似的
Go home and get your fuckin' shinebox.
回家躲着哭吧
Insulted him a little bit.
骂的有点过了
Yeah, a little bit.
是啊 才一点儿
Axe, you saw my position.
阿克斯 你看到我的价位了
You could have upped him.
你本可以抬高价位的
That's what I'm paying you for.
那是我花钱雇你做的事
You see an opportunity like that again, you grab it
你再看到类似的机会 就一把抓住
like it's a horse cock and you're Catherine the Great.
就像凯瑟琳大帝看到大屌一样
Saldana, why are we still tied up in those hospitals?
索尔达娜 我们为什么还套着这些医院
They're getting old, so they're getting sick.
他们上了年纪就会生病
When the group reports patient volumes,
等普查组织报道出病人数量时
it's gonna overshoot street expectations.
将超过大众预计
We're talking 10% move.
我们说的是10个点的增幅
That incremental revenue will drop right to the bottom line,
那部分增长收益将大跌至谷底
and the stock's gonna pop like a prom queen's cherry.
然后股价会像舞会皇后的樱桃一样爆掉
Good fucking answer.
回答的真他妈棒
It really is. God damn it.
他妈的 还真是
Okay, new-idea time.
好了 贡献新想法时刻到
Donnie Caan, what do you have for us?
唐尼·卡恩 你有什么想法告诉大家
I think Apple still has room to move north.
我认为苹果还有上涨空间
Our investors pay us a 3% management fee
我们的投资人支付3%的管理费
and 30% of their profits,
和30%的盈利
and you want me to tell them we're buying some fucking Apple?
而你想要我建议他们买点操蛋的苹果
I-I guess I'm just not seeing the matrix right now.
我想我现在有点看不清市场行情
That's a little unsettling, Donnie...
这有点令人不安啊 唐尼
Since seeing the matrix is your entire fucking job.
因为你全部的工作就是看行情
It's kind of like if you were a hurdler
就好像你是一个跨栏运动员
and instead of jumping over the fucking hurdles...
不去的跨栏而去...
It's okay, Donnie.
没事的 唐尼
You'll see it again.
你还会再看清的
Let's go out there, bring some meat back to camp.
咱们到外头搞点肉
I'm sorry. I tried to give you the heads-up, but...
抱歉 我想来报信 但...
We're S.E.C. Compliance.
我们是SEC证监会搜查队
I need all portfolio managers and analysts
我需要所有基金经理和分析师
to return to their desks.
回到各自的座位上
Traders, stay here.
交易员 留在这
Case officers will meet each pod
项目主任将和每一位面谈
and expect full cooperation.
希望大家全力配合
Better answer their questions. Cooperate.
最好回答他们的问题 配合工作
This group of energy trades...
这一组能源交易
I'd like you to supply the research behind them.
我希望你能给出背后的研究
I was tasked, so I supplied it.
我被分到任务 所以我建议卖空
Right, but going through your reports,
好 但翻看你的交易量
Like this boardwalk pipeline move... what supported it?
以这段交易间隔为例 有什么技术支持
It was an event-driven strategy.
是一种事件导向型策略
Okay, it was based on an unsolicited tip.
好吧 那其实是基于小道消息
The trade was near 100,000 shares.
交易量接近10万股
Close to a $2.5 million position based on a rumor.
在赚了将近250万时平了仓 就凭借小道消息
Looking at tele-comm... this Verizon trade?
看看电信业 威瑞森通讯的这笔交易
It's part of an event-driven macroplay.
这是事件导向型宏记录操控的一部分
All right, I got a tip.
好吧 我得到些内幕消息
And the pharmaceutical trades?
那制药公司的交易
That was phone-a-tip.
那是电话提醒
Incoming tip. What am I, a fucking schmuck?
找上门来的 我他妈是傻瓜吗
Of course I'm gonna listen.
我当然要听
That was a prom-night promise.
这是生产的讯号[双关语]
So, this is your entire book and trading history
这是你过去三个月
for the past three months?
所有账本和交易记录吗
Bit of a rough patch, huh?
真够不容易的嘛
I need to see your trades for the past 90 days.
我要看你最近90天的交易记录
Unless you got a Wells notice with my name on it,
除非拿"威尔斯通知"传讯我[SEC民事诉讼通知]
you're not gonna see jack shit.
否则你们屁都见不到
Come on, we can pull it all down from the server anyway,
得啦 反正我们从服务器也能下载到
so you may as well cooperate.
到时你一样要配合调查
Your boss said you should cooperate.
你老板都说让你配合
Just answer the question.
回答问题
How much do you make?
你挣多少钱
I'm gonna need access to your files, paper, and computer.
我要查阅你的文件档案和电脑
I'm authorized to check that all trades comply...
我得到授权审查所有交易
Whatever you call yourself, after I review...
随便你是谁 待我审查后
My files are confidential. You're not seeing them.
我的档案文件属机密 不能让你看
You can call the Attorney General if you want,
你可以给司法部长打电话
and tell her I say "Hi" If you do.
告诉她我问个好
We had dinner last month.
我们上个月才吃过饭
Otherwise, fuck off.
否则还是滚吧
Enough. Okay? Enough.
到此为止
I hope you enjoyed the lifeboat drill this morning.
今早的救生艇演习 希望大家喜欢
We did not do well.
我们搞砸了
In fact, we sank.
事实上 我们全军覆没
If it were a real S.E.C. raid, we would have been fucked.
如果是真的SEC突击检查 我们都死定了
Get the fuck out of here.
滚出去
I shit my pants for nothing?
白虚惊一场
I didn't do this for my amusement.
我这么搞可不是为了娱乐
What happened to Steven Birch...
史蒂文·博奇摊上了事
who I am sure will be cleared of any wrongdoing...
尽管我肯定他会脱罪
It could happen to us.
可我们也可能摊上
So we need to be prepared.
因此我们要为此做好准备
To that end, say "Hello"
最后 和我们新升级的
to our new and improved compliance department.
合规部打个招呼
These assholes work here now?
这帮混蛋要来这上班
They're here for our support and our protection,
他们是来支持和保护我们
and you will not even be taking a piss
没有他们在跟前把关
without them close enough to give it a shake.
你们连尿都不能撒
From here on, we evaluate every move...
从此以后 我们要评估每次行动
Not just for the upside, but for its ethical grounding.
不光为了上述好处 也是道德基准
We have to be more pure
我们要更纯洁
than the Virgin Mary before her first period.
比初潮前的圣母玛利亚还纯洁
How the hell are we supposed to make any money?
那我们他妈还怎么赚钱
You think this is a joke, Victor?
维克多 你当这是开玩笑
You, in particular, were flagged.
尤其是你 被标记了
Your short on that chip maker.
你做空的芯片制造商
Netted 38% fresh blubber on that seal hunt.
那次吃掉了38%的肥肉
Rotten carcass... over the line.
烂肉而已 越界操作的
We're lucky the S.E.C. Hasn't come calling already.
幸运的是SEC还没找上门来
Leave your key cards.
留下门禁卡
I didn't do anything out-of-bounds...
我没有做任何越界的事
no more than anyone else.
不比其他人更出格
Did I sign off on that trade?
我授权批准那笔交易了吗
Don't say anything else.
什么也别多说
I trusted you with my name and my capital,
我用我的资本和名头来信任你
and you fucked me.
而你给我搞砸
You put us all at risk
你让我们全体
with your deceitful, illegal moves.
都为你的欺诈担风险
Now get out of here.
马上滚蛋
All right, everybody, back at it.
好啦 大家回去干活
Play hard, play clean.
老实做人 努力工作
Be careful out there.
都小心一点
That was a hell of a public spanking.
杀一儆百 这招狠
Make sure our investors know about it.
一定要我们的投资者知道
I'm gonna make sure Garth Sykes hears about it A.S.A.P.
我会让加斯·赛克斯立马听到
You're gonna be a god on the street by lunchtime.
到午餐时间 业界就会对你奉若神明
I thought I already was one.
我以为我已经是了
Don't you fuckin' touch me!
别他妈的碰我
I was going to tell you about the compliance gag,
我本打算告诉你合规部的恶作剧
but you didn't show up at the charity dinner,
但慈善晚宴你没来
Then... I was half a hallway from your office.
然后 你我的办公室离只隔了半个走廊
Honest? It was an oversight.
说实话 我疏忽了
No, it wasn't. You don't make them.
不 你没有 不是你把他们搞成这样的
But what matters more right now is that Victor
但眼下更重要的是
is exactly the wrong person to fire that way.
用这种方式炒维克多的鱿鱼是错误的
That was spur-of-the-moment.
一时冲动
It was a spur-of-the-moment fuck-up.
一时冲动铸成大错
His entire psychological makeup
他的心理特质决定了
sets him up to react very poorly to public humiliation.
他受到公开侮辱之后会做出不堪的反应
The same things that made him a profit center for you
他有本事做你的摇钱树
will make him a difficult adversary
也能成为可怕的对手
if he's not handled right.
如果没有妥善安抚的话
He will stew and obsess
他会绞尽脑汁
and find a way to exact revenge on you.
直到找出报复你的办法
Okay. I can see that.
好吧 我懂了
Go do it, please.
拜托 帮我搞定
I made a mistake not looping you in.
没让你先期参与是我的错误
It was a red team drill.
这次是红队恶作剧
I wanted everybody to react as they would naturally.
我想让每个人都表现得自然
I left you out on purpose.
我故意瞒着你
And I will make it up to you.
我会补偿你
Please deal with Victor.
请帮忙搞定维克多
Sean Ayles, please. It's Lara Axelrod.
请接肖恩·艾尔斯 我是萝拉·阿克斯罗德
This is the call you've been waiting for.
你一直在等这个电话
I wanted to talk to you about making a donation.
我想跟你谈关于捐赠事宜
I figured you would.
我也觉得你会
And about naming rights.
至于命名权
And so the names on these buildings
那些建筑上的名字
become more than just identifiers.
不只是一个标识
They become signifiers of a grander age,
它们在很长时间内都是一个记号
when titans of industry understood
意味着行业巨头明白
that the purpose of their wealth
他们所捐赠的财产
was to support the performative arts
是为了支持表达艺术
to improve the quality of life
帮这座城市的所有居民和游客
for all those who live in and visit this city.
提高生活质量
Now give me the Gettysburg Address.
给我来段葛底斯堡演说吧
I'm sorry. That... sounded rehearsed.
抱歉 听起来是有演练痕迹
I'm in a difficult spot.
这让我很难办
No, yeah, I know.
当然了 我明白
Because what you need to tell me is that the Eads family
因为你打算告诉我伊兹家族
owns the naming rights to this building in perpetuity.
拥有这栋建筑的永久命名权
But I'm here offering you $100 million,
但我打算捐一亿美金
which you need to extract somehow
所以你在考虑如何拿到钱
without giving me what I want.
又不给我我想要的
I'm in a difficult spot.
这让我很难办
No, yeah, I know.
当然了 我明白
Also, "Performative" does not mean "Performance."
另外 是"表演艺术"不是"表达艺术"
Most donors like an air of...
大多数捐款者要的是一种精神...
There are other naming opportunities on the ground
还有其他建筑可以给你命名权
that would give you the status and sense of permanence
让你得到你想要的地位
Why is this building so important to you?
为什么这栋建筑对你这么重要
Here's why it's important to you.
我知道它为什么对你重要
It's the only way you are getting even a dollar out of me.
因为这是你唯一从我这获得捐款的机会
Now, I happen to have discovered
我恰好发现
that the remaining members of the Eads family
伊兹家族剩余成员
are in a financial pinch.
正遭受一些经济上的压力
They need to raise cash.
他们需要现金
And they will have a hard time
他们正在艰难地
getting ahold of the kind of loan they need
寻找某种贷款
to pay off their other loans.
来偿还他们其他的贷款
So, I want you to tell them
所以我希望你转告他们
that I will pay them $25 million
我愿意支付两千五百万美金
to allow me to replace their family name with mine.
让他们同意把家族名换成我的
Then I will donate the 100,
然后我会再捐一亿
and you can begin your renovations.
而你就可以开始翻修了
There is one condition I'll need you to sign off on.
有一种情况我需要你赞同
I'm calling the police.
我要叫警察了
You don't want to do that, Tara.
你不会这么做的 塔拉
Who the fuck are you?
你他妈是谁
Your newest and bestest.
你的新朋友 好朋友
You should stay and listen to me.
你应该留在这听我说
Or else this goes viral.
否则这个将迅速传播出去
You're making me weak.
你搞瘫我啦
"You're making me weak."
你搞瘫我啦
We have... we have training against this.
我们受过训练来应对这种情况
You think you're gonna fucking blackmail me?
你以为你能敲诈我吗
So what? I fuck girls, guys. Who cares?
我上女孩还是男孩 谁在意呢
That thing has no chance to compromise me.
这东西不会让我妥协的
I hope it at least gets you off, man.
希望这视频至少让你嗨了
would disturb you at such a deep level, honey,
会深深地困扰着你
you'd be best-served never to think about it again.
让你最好再也不去想
Folks in your line care about that kind of thing, though.
不过 你身边的人会在意这个的
Which will test positive for cocaine,
可卡因检测会呈阳性
can be in Chuck Rhoades' hands within an hour.
一小时内它就会出现在查克·罗兹手上
You're gonna watch, listen, and report,
你只需看 听 汇报
and everything's gonna be fine.
一切都会好的
It's a lot to take in.
你需要点时间来接受
We've already gone through all of this crap.
这些破玩意我们都看遍了
I heard back from my sources.
我从线报得知
There's a war room set up at Birch's.
博奇那边搞了个作战室
Lawyers, accountants... the whole thing.
律师 会计等等 全都请来了
Guys at his shop are prepping their résumés.
他手下那些人开始准备简历了
Well, if it was just smoke, they'd issue a denial...
如果这只是捕风捉影 他们应该否认
Yeah. They're treating this article like it's a warrant.
没错 他们把这篇文章当通缉令
Somebody wanted to hurt Birch,
有人想要中伤博奇
and they wanted us on the ass end.
希望我们擦屁股
So they leaked it.
所以他们泄露了这个消息
And I do not like it.
我不喜欢这种事
We need the reins back in our hands.
我们需要拿回主动权
You want me to stay on this Axe/Decker thing?
你希望我继续盯着阿克斯和德克尔这边吗
No. Set that aside.
不 放到一边吧
Until we know at least as much as this fucking reporter knows,
和这帮烂线人知道一样多前
let's keep the brights on Steven Birch.
先盯紧史蒂文·博奇
Get me every article Randy Kornbluth wrote in the past year.
给我找来科恩布鲁斯一年来所有文章
All of Mike Dimonda's articles, too. We'll start there.
还有麦克·迪蒙达的 我们从这里着手
Good parlor trick, knowing my address.
不错的手段 找到了我的地址
That'll look like a fun intimidation tactic
当我把这些写下来的时候
when I write this up.
读者会觉得是个不错的恐吓方式
You're not writing this up.
你不会写这些的
Because that would be a small win,
因为那只是微弱的胜利
and you're not in it for small wins.
你才不感兴趣呢
No, you've come too far. Too young an age for that.
你走的太远了 写这些你还太年轻
I'm in it because people deserve to know the truth
我感兴趣 因为人们需要知道真相
- about power and money and... - Whoa. Wait a minute.
-关于权力 金钱... -等等
What are you, Glenn Greenwald all of a sudden?
突然变身格伦·格林沃尔德了吗
格伦·格林沃尔德 曾是宪法律师 后任记者 评论性和调查性报道屡获殊荣
You know, I've, uh, I've been reading...
我最近在读
Randy Kornbluth lately.
兰迪·科恩布鲁斯的文章
He usually covers state politics.
他通常报道州内政治
He hasn't had a hard business story in 18 months,
他已经18个月没写过严肃的经济类文章
he hooks into a full-blown crime story...
他写了一篇关于史蒂文·博奇
His article quotes
他的文章引用了
former federal prosecutor James Robbins,
前联邦法官詹姆斯·罗宾斯的话
who says that the connection
说对冲基金和公司主管
between hedge funds and company officials
之间的关系
You know who else likes quoting James Robbins?
你知道还有谁喜欢引用詹姆斯·罗宾斯吗
Seven times in the past six months.
过去六个月里引用了七次
He's a widely respected source with connections...
他是很常见的引用对象
He's a fucking rent-a-quote.
那烂人就靠发帖混吃喝
I know you really wrote the Birch story,
我知道博奇那篇文章其实是你写的
and I think I know why you chose to hide that fact.
我知道你为什么要隐瞒
If I am such a careerist,
如果我是个野心家
why would I ever hide something that good?
我干嘛要把这么好的东西藏着掖着
'Cause you thought it would endear you to someone.
因为你以为这样会让你得到某人的宠幸
What you should have done,
而你应该做的
if you were really playing an elevated game,
如果你真的在玩一场高端游戏的话
was come to me with what you had.
就带着你掌握的信息来找我
See, if I had something better to give you
看我是否能给你更好的东西
in exchange for you holding on to it...
而不是你自己留着
You have never been willing to play any kind of game with me.
你从来就没想跟我玩任何游戏
I didn't know you were ready to play in the bigs, man.
我之前不知道你准备玩大的
So, these are the rules. You tell me who fed you that...
规矩如下 你告诉我谁给你提供的消息
I'm gonna head inside.
我要进去了
Because this conversation has peaked,
我们的对话到此为止
and you don't get to tell me the rules.
你也没资格告诉我该怎么做
I'm not gonna write up this ambush.
我不会写这次突袭
Anytime I want to.
什么时候都行
So think about that the next time
下次你再想禁止我参加
you try and bar me from a press conference
新闻发布会或者不接我电话时
All right. Thank you.
好了 谢谢
for whatever the guy in the blue shirt back there wants.
我帮后面那个穿蓝色T恤的男子给了
- I got you. - Okay, thank you.
-没问题 -谢了
Okay, guys, let's go. Come on.
小子们 该走了 快
Now, you guys remember
你们还记得
when we threw Grandpa a surprise party for his birthday
我们给爷爷办惊喜生日派对的时候
- and we all had to keep the secret? - Yeah.
-我们事先都得保密 -是的
Okay. Why do we have to keep the secret?
很好 我们为什么要保密
To make Grandpa happy.
为了让爷爷开心
Right. So this is like that, okay?
没错 所以这个也一样
We don't tell anyone about the doughnuts
我们不跟任何人提甜甜圈
to make Mommy happy. Okay?
让妈妈开心 好吗
Don't you walk away before you meet my kids.
还没和我小孩见面走什么走
Mr. Kroll, we are in a public place...
克罗尔先生 这是公共场合
With, uh, as you say, our children.
如你所说 我们的孩子也在场
Uh, why don't you guys go sit on the bench over there, okay?
你们去那边的长凳上坐坐 行吗
Take your sister over there.
把你妹妹带过去
I-I don't need your, um... kindness now.
我现在不需要你的善心
I-I needed it at sentencing.
判决的时候你怎么没有
This is Margo and Stevie.
这是玛戈和史蒂维
I kept them out of school today so we could be together
我让他们今天请假 这样我们才能聚聚
because I go to prison tomorrow.
因为明天我就要去服刑了
How do you live with yourself?
你是如何容忍你自己的
I think long and hard
在提起所有诉讼前
before any prosecution in my office goes forward.
我都会认真考虑良久
And I'm proudest of the cases I choose not to prosecute.
我为那些我选择不起诉的案子自豪
But when I go forward, it's full guns.
但一旦我决定起诉 我就会火力全开
I made one goddamn mistake.
我就犯了一个错误
You could have let it go.
你可以放任不管的
You committed mail fraud.
你犯了邮件诈欺罪
And you knew that my wife had died...
你知道我妻子过世了
And that I was desperate and lost.
我当时很绝望和茫然
Y-you read the articles.
你看了报道
You... you got letters from 100 people
你收到了100个人给你寄的
who vouched for the man that I was and would be again.
为我过去以及将来的为人作担保的信件
I'm what those kids have left.
我是孩子们仅剩的家人
And they won't have me again for four years.
而他们将和我分别四年
Have a nice stroll with yours.
带着你家小孩去散步吧
And take your fucking $20
拿好你的20块钱
or just... leave it here for the birds to pick at.
或者留在这等鸟来食
Daddy's done with this asshole.
爸爸和这个混蛋说完了
You wanted to see me?
你想见我
I want to give you a short
我想给你一个
that you're not gonna bail on too quick.
你不会过早放弃的做空机会
Do you know Cross-co.?
你知道克洛斯公司吗
Cross-co. Trucking. I've been tracking it.
克洛斯 做货车运输的 我有一直追踪它
Mid-size firm, has a big distribution contract
中等规模企业 和好食光面包
with that bakery company Yumtime.
有大型经销合同
Been holding 50.
股价一直稳定在50
Fundamentals are solid.
基本面分析很可靠
I don't see the short play.
我看不出有值得做空的地方
I don't need you to see it. I need you to do it.
我不需要你看到 我需要你去完成
We'll get 50 on the tape. We'll size up later.
先就以50卖出 然后再做评估
You got a fucking problem with this?
你有意见吗
You plug that investor leakage?
你把投资人流失的问题解决了
I thought I'd done exactly that,
我本来是要这么做的
but I haven't been able to get Garth Sykes on the phone.
可我联系不上加斯·赛克斯
He bails, it hurts us.
他弃了的话 遭殃的是我们
But I think I need you to show face with this guy.
我觉得你该去和他见个面
That's why I have you.
我聘你来就是干这个的
That fucker thinks that if you come running over here,
那混蛋以为你过来找我谈话
I'm gonna forget he fired me in front of everyone I know?
我就会忘掉他在所有同事前解雇我的事吗
Who knows what he thinks?
谁知道他在想什么
One minute, you're his most trusted advisor,
上一刻你还是他最信任的顾问
the next, you're on the outside.
下一刻你就被炒鱿鱼了
I'm here because...
我来这是因为
I think you might make it worse for yourself,
我觉得你可能会破罐子破摔
and I don't want to see that.
而我不想那样
The money I made him...
我帮他赚了那么多钱
He treated me like a lowlife.
他把我像下等人一样对待
And that's a trigger for you.
这对你是一个"触发器"
Everyone laughing at me growing up.
成长过程中人人都嘲笑我
I sent every one of those pricks
我给那群混蛋每人寄了一张
a photo of my first million-dollar bonus check.
我的第一笔一百万红利支票的照片
That made you feel really good for about 24 hours,
那让你自我感觉良好了大约一天
and then you hated yourself
然后你又恨自己
for letting them know they ever got to you.
让他们知道他们曾经伤过你
I know plenty about how Axe Capital works...
我很了解阿克斯资本是如何运作的
The dirty edge...
它见不得人的一面
The proprietary trading techniques.
自营交易手段
I know how the secret sauce is made.
我知道秘密武器的制作流程
Yeah. I'm sure you could put out
我相信关于公司
a Schott's miscellany about the place.
你能出一本《索特杂文集》
It's like a farmer's almanac for non-farm stuff.
好比农民给非农产品的一个年鉴
Then, yeah, I could put out a couple of volumes
是的 我可以写好几卷
of Schott's miscellany about the place.
《索特杂文集》介绍那地方
You just need to ask yourself one question first...
你只要先问自己这一个问题
Are you rich enough to never get another job?
你有钱到可以不用再找工作了吗
I did work for that man.
我确实帮他做过一些事
Bribed an oil company C.F.O. for him...
替他贿赂了一家石油公司的财务总监...
We're not in session. That's not privileged.
又不是在开庭 说这个不会得到特赦
Point is, I got all muddied up for him.
重点是 脏的黑的都我替他背了
Hard not to rub it on his clean, white shirt now.
很难不去蹭脏他现在那白净的一身
Remember Warren Jaffin, the analyst?
还记得分析师沃伦·杰芬吗
Real sharp, yeah.
他确实不错 可以用
Then he balked at his bonus one year and got popped.
他对年终奖不满 然后就走了
He got another job right away at a huge bank...
转身就在一家大银行拿到了一份工作
$3 million a year, guaranteed.
一年底薪三百万
Only, word got back to Axe
只是 阿克斯听说
that Warren had bad mouthed him in the interview...
沃伦在面试的时候说了他坏话
Said Axe wasn't generous with him.
说阿克斯对他很吝啬
So Axe called the head of the bank,
所以阿克斯给那家银行行长打了电话
asked him to pull the offer that day, which the guy did.
要求他当天就取消聘用 他也确实这么做了
How humiliating that was for Warren?
这件事让沃伦有多丢脸吗
Probably told his whole family,
他的家人朋友可能全收到通知
all his friends that he was back.
说他滚回来了
But Axe didn't leave it there.
但阿克斯并没有就此住手
He called the president or chairman
他给业内的每一家主要经纪人 银行
of every prime broker, bank, and fund in the industry
基金会的主席或者董事长打了电话
and had him blackballed.
要封杀他
Put it out over the loudspeaker,
在老板办公室里
direct from the principal's office...
直接开着外放
"If you hire Warren Jaffin,
"如果你聘用沃伦·杰芬
you are my enemy."
你就是我的敌人"
Do you know what Warren does now?
你知道沃伦现在在做什么呢
You've built a real life for yourself, Victor...
你已经为自己创造了真实的生活 维克多
A long way from Queens.
在这个远离皇后区的地方
If Axe is certain you'll act like a gentleman,
如果阿克斯确定你不会耍阴招
he will make sure to take care of you.
他一定会关照你
You were the one that always told me to stand up for myself.
是你一直告诉我要站出来维护自己
When you can win, yes.
当你能赢的时候 当然是
The only way you can win now is by letting it go.
现在你要想赢 只有放手
You know, I have to confess to something.
我得和你坦白一件事
You're not gonna like it.
你听了不会高兴的
I took the kids for doughnuts.
我带孩子们去买甜甜圈了
You're glad he cracked?
他告诉我了 你很高兴吗
No, I never want them to keep secrets from you.
不 我从没想过要他们隐瞒你什么
They're gonna keep them from me their entire teenage years.
整个青春期他们都对我隐藏一些秘密
They should at least know
至少让他们知道
that they always can confide in you.
他们可以永远信任你
And among your many gifts, that is a great one.
在你的众多天赋中 这个真的很棒
Everyone feels like you're always on their side.
每个人都觉得你站在他那边
Well, I try to be, or at least...
我是这么努力的 至少
Understand where they're coming from.
理解他们是从哪儿来的
That's the wonderful part of your job.
这就是你工作最有意思的地方了
You get to employ your empathy.
你要向别人展示同情心
I have to be a real prick sometimes, you know?
而我有时候不得不变得非常招人嫌
Sometimes, we all do things we're not proud of at work.
有时在工作上我们都做了些不光彩的事情
Well, this is different.
这不一样
When I was in the park with the kids,
我和孩子们在公园的时候
there was this guy who...
有个人
Specifics don't matter.
细节不重要
that every once in a while, there's this thing we say...
偶尔 我们会说这样的话
"I am never so proud
"当我决定不起诉立案时
as when I choose not to prosecute a case."
一定会觉得非常愧疚"
And that's true... in theory.
理论上来说 这是真的
But once in a while, I wish that I could just be more...
但有时候 我希望我能更加
But I haven't figured out how to do that
但我还没琢磨明白怎样在有人情味的同时
and my job at the same time.
完成自己的工作
Being 100% good at your job...
全身心投入工作
... and 100% good...
同时全身心...
... if you figure that one out,
如果你琢磨明白了
let's both quit and write that book.
我们就一起离职 改行写书吧
It's a luxury to relax every once in a while,
偶尔来放松一把 真是享受啊
I remember this place... fondly.
我记得这地方 挺有感情的
Look, the stability of this firm has never been in question.
这间公司的稳定性毫无疑问
I need to look into Axelrod's eyes, hear him say it.
我要看着阿克斯罗德的眼睛 听他亲口说
I just wanted to hear you first.
我只是想先听你说
I may be from Kentucky, but I'm no rube.
我是从肯塔基州来的 但我不是乡巴佬
I don't bet on long shots
当事关我客户的养老金时
when it comes to investing the pensions of my members.
我不会冒一点风险
That's why they trust me with their $5 billion.
所以他们才会把五十亿美元托付给我
I get nervous, I see someone like Axelrod running around
看到有人和阿克斯罗德一样
spending his money like he's a goddamn rap singer.
像个说唱歌手一样到处撒钱 我就紧张
Emcee. Like a rap emcee.
是主持 像个说唱主持一样
No, some of 'em sing now. My kids showed me.
不 有些开始唱歌了 我孩子给我看过
Snoop and Kid Rock both.
汤匙乐队和摇滚小子都是
You're right... you are no rube.
没错 你可不是乡巴佬
But Bobby Axelrod isn't, either.
波比·阿克斯罗德也不是
We've crushed the S&P seven years running,
我们已经连续七年跻进S&P指数
which means you have crushed the S&P.
也就是说是你跻进了S&P指数
You turn over now.
请您现在转过身来
Everyone beats it... till they don't.
人人都往里挤 直到挤不进去为止
When can I see Axe, talk to him about it?
我什么时候能见阿克斯 和他聊聊
You don't want to rush off now, do you?
你现在不着急 对吧
Here's McCue. She got some stuff on Birch.
这是麦丘 她有一些博奇的消息
You are gonna love my nuts.
你会爱死我的消息的
Pierre Bernard, longtime C.F.O. of the Arcadian,
皮埃尔·伯纳德 阿卡迪亚的资深财务总监
gets passed over for C.E.O.,
没被提升为首席执行官
gets censured internally for certain financial improprieties.
因确凿的金融违规行为遭到内部责难
Press clippings I thought you might want.
我觉得你会想看这些剪报
And Bernard interviews for a job at Birch
伯纳德去博奇那儿求职
shortly before the trades.
就在交易前不久
We have secretaries on both sides confirming the meet.
双方秘书都已证实了这次面谈
Birch's trades in Arcadian occur a half-hour afterward.
半小时之后博奇就卖出了阿卡迪亚
We alerted our counterparts up north.
我们提醒了北边的同行
The Railroad has fired Bernard.
铁路公司解雇了伯纳德
The Canadians are considering prosecution.
加拿大那边正在考虑起诉
He's ready to make a statement implicating Birch.
他准备发表一次声明 暗指博奇
At Quantico, they call a case this straightforward...
在匡提科 他们直接立案
Of course not. Why would they?
可不是 他们干嘛关心
Rookies always bring up Quantico.
瑞吉思常把匡提科挂在嘴边
Uh, do you need something else?
你还有什么事吗
Let me know if you need PDF backups of those.
如果你需要PDF备份 请跟我说
He is right, though.
不过 他是对的
This Birch thing's a dunker.
博奇的案子是一记重扣
Dominique all day.
就像多米尼克灌篮
So, tomorrow morning, when the arrest warrant is issued,
明天早上 逮捕令还有搜查令
along with a search warrant,
签发下来时
we meet near Birch's firm, all right?
我们在博奇公司附近见面 好吧
You guys take him, we take his records.
你们负责抓他 我们拿走他的记录
- Hey, quick question. - Alan.
-问个问题 -艾伦
Are we gonna handcuff him?
我们要拷他吗
What about the S.E.C.? Should we alert them?
证监会呢 要不要通告他们
Probably, all right?
可能会 好吧
I mean, those news cameras
我是说 那些新闻相机
just have a way of showing up at the right time, don't they?
总会适时出现的 不是吗
- So, we're gonna hit 'em full-on, right? - Yes.
-我们要全力干掉他们 是吧 -是
We'll get local law enforcement there on the perimeter,
当地执法部门会在周边协助我们
but with the lights out.
但他们会熄灭警灯
All right, any more questions?
好了 还有其他问题吗
Let's put a pin in the arrest.
我们暂缓一下逮捕吧
- Boss? - Get Birch in here.
-老大 -把博奇带到这
It's time to settle.
是时候解决了
We... we have him dead to rights on this trial.
我们这次把他逮了个正着
I'm first chair. Then it's jail for this jamoke.
我是负责人 这二货得去坐牢了
We have him dead to rights, so he'll fold quick,
我们把他逮了个正着 他很快就完了
and then we get back to what we were doing... Axelrod.
然后我们就回到正题 阿克斯罗德
I'm not letting us follow the riderless horse any longer.
我们不能再跟着这匹没有骑手的马了
Wait. Riderless h...
等等 没有骑手的
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
布奇·卡西迪和圣丹斯·基德
They sent one of their horses off in a different direction
他们把其中一匹马送去不同方向
so the posse would have to split up...
于是团队就必须分开
But this was no ordinary posse.
但这不是普通的团队
This was a super posse... the super posse.
这是一支超级团队 超级团队
Mixed group of superheroes...
一群超级英雄聚集在一起
A sheriff, a marshal, an Indian.
治安官 法警 印第安人
And the Cherokee...
还有切诺基
Man, he could read the depth of the impression
他能看出马蹄行走于石头上
the horse's hooves made on rock.
所造成的凹槽的深度
And when he realized they were chasing a riderless horse...
当他意识到他们在追赶一匹没有骑手的马
they got right back on Butch's trail.
他们回到追踪布奇的路上
I watched it with my dad
我跟我爸一起看的
on one of the Saturdays he showed up.
就在他出现的某个周六
I didn't root for the super posse.
我可没想让超级团队赢
I rooted for Butch and Sundance.
我支持布奇和圣丹斯
Of course you did. We all did.
当然 我们都这样
But that's not who we are anymore.
但我们不再是那样的人
How are you, Bobby?
近来可好 波比
I'd call you "Sir Ken" out of respect
出于尊重我会叫你"肯爵士"
for your advanced age and your accomplishments,
这是看在你的高龄和成就份上
but, as much as you'd like it, you were born in Chicago,
虽然你喜欢这个称呼 但你在芝加哥出生
and no one born there was ever knighted.
那里出生的人从来没有被授爵过
He would like it if we called him "Sir".
叫他爵士他会很高兴的
You are that type, Ken.
你就是那种人 肯
And then what would we call you, Axe?
那我们该怎么叫你 阿克斯
Oh, hell, Kenny, call me whatever the fuck you want.
肯尼 你他妈爱怎么叫我都行
Or better, don't ever call me.
永远别叫我更好
You know the reason why you should never call me?
你知道为什么永远不要叫我吗
Because you're a poacher, Ken,
因为你是个偷猎者 肯
and guys like Garth and me, we do not like poachers.
像加斯和我这样的人不喜欢偷猎者
Come drag a deer off my land,
来我的地盘上拖走一只鹿
see what the fuck happens to you.
看看你会有什么下场
Well, now that you've joined us, let me ask you...
既然你来了 我就问问你
I'm gonna let you in on something here, Garth.
让我来教教你 加斯
Hedge fund guys only ask that question
搞对冲基金的人只有在明知对方有麻烦的时候
when they know the other guy is running bad,
才会问那个问题
which he thinks because you are sitting with him.
而他有此想法是因为你跟他坐在一起
Oh, we're just catching up.
我们只是在叙旧
And you still haven't answered.
你还没回答我的问题
It's a "crush the other guy" business.
这是个"碾压对手"的生意
It's like "Highlander"... there can be only one.
就像《高地人》 只能有一个赢家
I don't blame you, Ken. I'd do the same thing.
我不怪你 肯 我也会做同样的事
But I'm up 32% this year,
但我有今年32%增长
which, from what I know of your run-and-hide approach,
以我对你打一枪换一炮风格的了解
is 30 points better than what you are at Vista Verde.
这比你在维斯塔角高了三成
Well, you can call it what you want,
你爱怎么说怎么说
but I call it "careful."
我管这叫"谨慎"
When I opened my fund,
当我创办我的基金时
I was very aware of the responsibility
我非常深刻地意识到像加斯一样的人
that people like Garth put in my hands,
放在我手上的责任
which is why I hedge my investments.
这就是我为什么要让这些投资套期保值
I protect the downside.
避免它们贬值
I may not be a rock star,
我也许没那么张扬
but I'm still plugging away,
但多年以后
all these many years later.
我还在这行稳步攀爬
Have fun with your plugger.
祝你爬得愉快
Can we step away for a sec?
能不能借一步说话
I love talking to you, Axe,
我喜欢跟你说话 阿克斯
and you made us a shit ton of money, but...
你也给我们赚了一大堆钱 但是
I need to keep things nice and comfy.
我需要保持一切轻松舒适
Results and optics.
成绩大家都看得到
My job's to spot the fund manager,
我的工作是找到基金经理
taking his eye off the ball before he strikes out.
在他出手前转移他的注意力
That's what my members count on.
那就是我的会员所指望的
And they see someone like Kenneth, dry ass that he is,
肯尼斯这样的人 对他们来说虽然无趣
Part of the firmament.
犹如苍穹的一部分
Sometimes that's important.
有时候那很重要
And I know you hated the headline in the newspaper.
我知道你恨报纸上的头条
Do what you have to do.
做你该做的
But I hope that in the days to come,
但我希望在未来的日子里
you see me as part of that firmament.
你会把我看作苍穹的一部分
You've all seen the evidence we've gathered
你们都看到了我们搜集的
regarding your Railroad trades.
关于你铁路公司交易的证据
If we prevail at trial, which we're confident we will,
如果我们在审讯中获胜 对此我们很有信心
the federal sentencing guidelines
根据联邦量刑准则
call for you to serve 11 years.
你将要服刑十一年
We understand that you have young children.
我们知道你有小孩
Well, maybe they'll be out of college
也许等你出来
by the time you're released.
他们大学都毕业了
Maybe you can make it to their weddings.
兴许还能赶上他们的婚礼
But like we told your lawyers,
但就像和你律师团说的那样
we're willing to forgo that for a quick plea...
我们宁愿放弃这样 换取你们尽快结束抗辩
an admission of guilt,
迅速认罪
a forfeiture money judgment of $386 million.
接收没收3.86亿美元的处罚
As well as the voluntary shuttering of your fund
还要自愿终止你们的基金
and conversion of it to a family office.
将其转为家族公司
You'll no longer handle any outside money.
永不涉足外部资金
I can get the S.E.C. in here right now to do that
如果你们不接受
if you don't agree.
我立刻就找证交会来办
So, settlement or trial?
想和解还是上庭
We're prepared to fight this for as long as we...
我们准备就此抗争到底
came here today to take a deal.
今天是来和解的
I don't want to go to jail.
我不想关大狱
Wise choice, Mr. Birch.
很明智 博奇先生
You won't be getting a chance like this again.
机不可失时不再来
This doesn't have to be over.
没必要这么了结
I'm actually relieved we settled.
其实能和解我就踏实了
For the first time all fucking day.
头回他妈这么爽
Well, I have someone coming in here soon,
马上要来人了
and they might be a little freaked to see their boss...
看到老板在他们可能会有点紧张
I just came by to say "thank you" and "sorry"...
我只是过来说谢谢和对不起的
two words I don't say very often.
这俩词我可不常说
So it's handled with Victor?
维克多那边搞定了
You nailed it... on every count.
你说中了 全中
I used everything I knew about him to make him capitulate.
我调用了一切资源才让他服软
That's why I asked you to go.
所以才让你去的
You know why I went?
知道我为什么去吗
we've never let each other down in all these years.
这些年来从没令对方失望过
And I wasn't about to start
本来我不想做
because you acted like that never happened.
因为你就跟没事人一样
Cut me out again...
再有事不带我
We are honored to share this privilege with you, Mr. Axelrod.
很荣幸和你分享这些权益 阿克斯罗德先生
With you, too, Mrs. Axelrod.
还有你 阿克斯罗德夫人
There's no sharing, Ellis.
不是分享 埃利斯
It's Axelrod Hall now.
现在是阿克斯罗德大楼了
No. Of course. We understand.
当然不是 我们明白
Now, I saw that when I came in here,
我进来时候就发现
you don't remember me, Chad.
你不记得我了 査德
I know who you are.
我认识你啊
But you don't actually remember.
但你确实不记得了
I caddied at The Spoon when I was a kid.
小时候我在勺子高尔夫会所当球童
It was the perfect summer job.
很好的暑期工
I carried your grandfather's bag quite a few times.
我帮你爷爷扛过几次球桶
Your bag, too, Chad, in the summer after middle school.
还有你的 査德 中学毕业那个暑假
How funny that we all end up here.
哈哈 人生何处不相逢
Now, here's the thing.
好了 谈正事
A lot of numbers have been thrown around...
有大把的数字随意摆弄
100 for the naming rights, 25 for your name to come down.
冠名权一个亿 去名费2500万
But there is one number that really matters to me...
可对我最重要的是这个数字
And we'll see if you still think it's funny, Chad.
看看你还觉得好不好笑 査德
$16 is what a caddy got paid for a loop.
球童伺候一场球赚16美金
Four hours of humping bags, smelling sour cigars,
背着球桶吭哧四个钟头 闻着臭雪茄味
and watching all of you lie to each other
还得顶着95度[35℃]的高温
about your golf scores in the 95-degree heat,
在球场看你们吹嘘自己的分数
but I was happy for the job.
不过我喜欢那份工
That 16 bucks... and I would do two loops a day,
16刀 我一天会伺候两场球
so it was $32 on a Saturday, $32 on a Sunday.
所以礼拜六赚32刀 礼拜日也32刀
By the end of the weekend, I'd have 64 bucks.
一个周末就能收64刀
16 weekends, Memorial to Labor Day,
从阵亡将士纪念日到劳动节的16个周末
That was his spending money for the entire year.
那是他一整年的零用钱
He'd stretch it out until the next summer.
他得花到下一年的暑假
and you were there for this, Chad...
直到你搞了那一出 査德
your grandfather asked me to read a putt on 3.
你爷爷让我在第三洞帮他瞄推杆线路
It was a left-to-right leaker, and I told him so.
那儿有个从左到右的斜坡 我告诉他了
I'd seen the putt all summer long.
那推杆我看了整整一夏天
He closed the face, pulled it,
他瞄了瞄击球点 向左一推
missed it by a foot.
歪了有30厘米
You laughed at him.
你哄堂大笑
You made fun of his eyesight.
取笑他视力残疾
And he turned to me,
然后他拿我撒气
and he fired me right there.
当场就开掉了我
Not from the round, but from the club.
我不能待在那个场上 也不能再去那个会所
Now, I needed that $16, but he didn't give a shit.
我需要那16刀 但他根本不鸟我
Because he was embarrassed to have missed a putt
因为他在大孙子面前推杆失误
in front of his grandson.
颜面尽失
Are you saying we are here
你是说我们在这碰面
because of that ancient bullshit?
就因为那些陈芝麻烂谷子吗
Which is why I am presenting you
所以给你们的支票
with a check for $25 million
开的是2500万再减去
which leaves you with $9 million.
剩下900万
- This is unacceptable. - Ellis, this is bullshit.
-绝对不行 -埃利斯 这纯粹瞎扯
We will walk out of here if you don't honor the full amount.
你要是不给全款我们立马走人
You need this $9 million.
你们需要这900万
Because none of you... not one...
因为你们没有一个
has done a single day of work
做过哪怕一天的工作
from the moment your miserable prick of a grandfather
从你爷爷 那个龌龊的吝啬鬼
fell facedown in the sand in Palm Beach.
一头栽在棕榈滩后就没工作过
And after reviewing your holdings,
而且评估了你们的资产
your business interests, your debts,
股份 还有负债后
I know that this check is the only thing
就知道你们这个家族距离破产
standing between your family and bankruptcy.
也仅有这900万之遥了
So pick it up, put it in your pocket,
所以还是小心收好
and walk out of here.
赶紧滚蛋吧
Let's get out of here.
咱们走
So, now the Axelrod name
现在阿克斯罗德这名字
will be forever affixed to this building for all time.
将永远铭刻在这座大楼上了
Or until some guy richer than me wants it to come down.
直到某天比我更富有的人想把它换掉
You really started something.
你还真是挺能搞的