Welcome back. I'm Bryant Gumbel.
欢迎回来 我是布莱恩特 甘宝
- And I'm Anne Howard. - Good stuff today.
- 我是安·霍华德 - 今天有很多精彩新闻
- We're going to be busy. - We've got pop superstar Elton John.
- 够我们忙的了 - 我们邀请到了著名歌星艾尔顿·约翰
He's going to be with us.
他将接收我们的采访
And so, too, will best- selling author Al Franken.
另外还有畅销作家艾尔·福兰克
Along with some super- smart fourth graders...
我们还将去见见一群四年级的天才...
with a great idea for getting schoolbooks...
他们为那些需要课本的孩子
to kids who really need them.
出谋划策
But here's an idea whose time has come.
那我们快开始吧
Why don't we just start with...
首先来看看...
...and fill the tart shell.
...然后涂在馅饼上
Bryant, you put some ice cream on our angel food cake...
布莱恩特 请你在蛋糕上涂点冰激凌...
- How much do you want? - As much as you like.
- 涂多少? - 想涂多少就涂多少
What are you laughing about? This is Baked Alaska.
你笑什么? 这道菜叫"烤阿拉斯加"
- This is supposed to be low- fat. - It is!
- 可这应该是低糖食物 - 是低糖的!
Someone from the show. The Gumbel show. They didn't call?
甘宝秀节目组的人 他们没打电话来?
- Once again, we're out of time. - Thank you. Already?
- 我们的时间又到了 - 谢谢你 已经到了?
We stilI got lots more ahead this morning. We're going to be back...
我们明天早上还有节目安排 到时候见...
- Hey, can I get your autograph?
- 嗨 能给我签个名吗?
I'm not who you think I am, so...
我想你认错人了...
You're not the weather guy?
你不是那个播天气预报的?
I'm not Dave Spritz, no. But I hear that a lot.
我不是戴维·斯普里兹 人们经常弄错
You don't have to be a dick.
你不用这么混球
Look, can you just... All right, I'm just waiting in line.
你能不能...我只是在排队
Bro, I can read your vehicle registration form.
老兄 我看到你的车辆登记证了
All right, can you give me a break? I just wanted to wait in line.
好吧 你能不能安静一点? 我只想排队
You're on TV, bro.
你上电视了 老兄
- You're on TV, bro. - So what? You keep saying that.
- 你上电视了 老兄 - 那又怎么样 你干吗老说?
So you're on TV, bro.
你上电视了 老兄
Go work in a bank or something...
如果你觉得自己不够镇定...
if you don't wanna be cool to people.
你应该找份银行什么的差事做
Whatever. Just... Can you get out of my face?
随你吧...请你从我面前消失好吗?
Can you get out of my face?
请你从我面前消失 好吗?
- Asshole. - You want to say that to my face?
- 混蛋 - 你敢再对我当面说一遍吗?
I thought you wanted me to get out of your face.
我记得你要我从你面前消失的
People recognize me sometimes.
我常被人认出来
Some are dicks.
他们中有些人是白痴
This is the same system that created those strong snowfalls in Minnesota.
这和引起明尼苏达州大雪天气的是同一个风力系统
It's meant some slightly warmer weather...
这说明 气温可能会有略微的回升...
I should cool out a little, I guess.
我想我该歇歇了
I mean, I'm not just this two- dimensional guy they recognize.
我是说 我不是人们认为的那个肤浅的人
I do have a relationship to them.
我其实和普通人一样
I let them know what they have to deal with.
我向大家播报天气情况
But listen, these warmer temperatures are not going to last.
但是请注意 这个回暖的气温不会持续多久
This wind system will keep pushing colder air across the Midwest...
风力将推动着冷空气横跨中西部地区
I guess that's why they think they know me.
我想这就是为什么 他们自以为认识我
But they don't, really.
其实他们错了
...our Spritz Nipper of the week with a high of just 24.
...最冈银温华氏24度 感谢收看斯普里兹一周天气节目
I'm not a hill of beans.
我不是一无是处
Okay, see you then.
好吧 到时候见
- What's this afternoon? - You're picking up Shelly.
- 下午的安排是什么? - 你要去接雪丽
- Where? - Chicago Dance.
- 哪里? - 芝加哥舞蹈学校
Then you're taking your dad to Northwestern.
然后接你父亲去西北医院
Do you have that Hello America stuff?
你拿了那份"你好美国"节目寄来的东西吗?
- The letter? - Yeah.
- 那封信? - 是的
You have Mike, too. 5:30 at the Norris house.
你还要在5:30到诺李斯去接迈克
Do they have my cell phone?
他们有我的电话吗?
Well, they should have all the numbers in case.
他们应该把所有电话号码都备案的
And am I supposed to call that guy Dersen?
我是不是应该给那个叫德尔讯的打电话?
Didn't he want me to call to touch base?
他不要我和他联系吗?
- Dad, can we stop here? - What for?
- 爸 我们能在这儿停下吗? - 干嘛?
I need a notebook for school.
我要买个笔记本
I'lI just walk home.
我自己走回家
- Can I have some money? - You don't have any?
- 能给我些钱吗? - 你身上没钱?
You're 12 years old.
你已经12岁了
You shouldn't be walking around without money, okay, Shelly?
你应该身上带一些钱 好吗 雪丽?
You're not a kid.
你不再是孩子了
- How's your mom doing? - She's good.
- 你妈妈怎么样? - 她很好
Can I have a pack of Lights?
我能要一包烟吗?
- Regulars? - The 100s.
- 普通香烟? - 100牌的
- Little angel. - Yeah.
- 小天使 - 是的
- Who's an angel? - Shelly.
- 谁是天使? - 雪丽
Shelly is grossly overweight and unhappy.
雪丽已经过分超重 而且并不快乐
I'm concerned about her, as I am Michael.
我很挂念她和迈克
- David. - Yeah, Dad.
- 戴维 走吧 - 好的 爸
Robert Spritzel?
罗伯特·斯普里泽?
Would you get me a paper...
你能在回来的路上...
...for the way back, Son? - Yeah.
...给我买一张报纸吗 儿子? - 好的
Yes. I'll see you then.
好 到时候见
- It's getting cold. - Yeah.
- 已经变冷了 - 是的
- What's the Nipper this week? - Thursday.
- 这个礼拜的节目星期几? - 星期四
Thursday's the Nipper? All right.
星期四? 好的
Yeah, can I get some change?
我能换些零钱吗?
Can I just get some quarters? I just need a quarter for a paper.
我能换点硬币吗? 我需要买张报纸
All right. I'lI get something then.
好吧 我买点东西
No, it says $0.72.
上面明明写着0.72美元
After the whole everything, it's $0.80.
反正就是80美分
Where's the paper, David?
报纸呢 戴维?
I didn't have enough money.
我的钱不够了
You bought a coffee.
可你买了一杯咖啡
- What? - You bought a coffee.
- 什么? - 你买了杯咖啡
Yeah, that, and then I didn't have enough money after.
对 没错 所以就没钱了
I didn't have enough money after I bought the coffee, so...
我的钱不够了 因为买了这杯咖啡
You should carry more than $1 , David.
你不应该只带一美元 戴维
You're a grown man.
你是个成年人了
Let me just move this letter from Hello America.
让我把这封"你好美国"节目寄来的信拿开
My father is Robert King Spritzel.
我父亲是罗伯特·金·斯埔里泽
He won the National Book Award when he was 28.
他在28岁就获得了国家图书奖章
And the Pulitzer when he was 33.
33岁获得普立兹奖
President Carter called him a national treasure.
卡特总统称他为国家的财富
They played racquetball in a regular game.
他们还一同参加了一次壁球比赛
He was a great writer.
他是个了不起的作家
But what was the cost?
那代价是什么呢?
Did he neglect his family?
他有没有忽略他的家庭?
He was a fine father.
他是个好父亲
More than that, really.
而且不止这些 真的
It's fruitless for Shelly to be dancing.
雪丽去学舞蹈毫无收获
She should find another interest that would be more rewarding to her...
她应该尝试别的对她有益的爱好...
that she can take more from, David.
这样她可以学到东西 戴维
- We've talked about that. - Well, you should do something, Son.
- 我们讨论过 - 那你应该做些什么 儿子
We've tried a couple things. We'll keep trying, so...
我们已经试过几项了 并且还在努力...
I think that was an overreaction on Noreen's part.
我想诺玲的担心有点过头了
I don't think he has a problem with pot.
我想他不会去吸大麻的
How's the weather business?
你的气象预报呢?
Last September...
去年9月份...
I had encouraged Shelly to explore some other activities and interests.
我鼓励雪丽去尝试一些别的兴趣爱好
She picked archery.
最后 她选择了箭术
So I took her to an archery range in Bolingbrook.
于是我带她到柏林布鲁克的一个射箭场
It was a 90- minute drive.
开车要90分种
We purchased a junior bow- arrow kit...
我们买了一套初级弓箭套装...
and a leather wrist forearm guard.
以及一个皮革护腕和护臂
Okay, we'll take that.
好的 就买那个了
And private lessons.
还进行私人授课
You take that one...
你握住了...
and go right ahead.
然后向后拉
All right. Okay, just remember...
没事 要记住...
pull it straight back, parallel to your ear, okay?
向后拉到与耳朵平行 好吗?
You can do it, Shelly.
你能行的 雪丽
We purchased a five- pack lesson plan.
我们购买了5次课程的套餐
We haven't been back.
但到现在还没上完
Can you pick up Mike at the mall on North?
你能去北区的超市接迈克吗?
I thought he was at a friend's house. Paul Norris.
他不是在他朋友家吗? 叫保罗·诺李斯
They went to the mall. He just called me.
他们去逛超市了 他刚刚给我打电话
- He finished his rehab. - Okay.
- 他从戒毒所出来了 - 好吧
- That's one of my counselors. - In your program?
- 他是我的一个辅导员 - 你的戒毒辅导员?
Don Boden. He's pretty nice.
堂·波顿 他人很好
- He swears all the time, though. - Swears?
- 虽然老说粗话 - 说粗话?
Yeah. To relate, I guess. But he's pretty nice.
是的 我猜是为了强调吧 但他人很好
- What are you guys doing? - Looking for clothes.
- 你们在干嘛呢? - 买些衣服
You're just looking for clothes.
你们在买衣服
- Yeah. - That's great.
- 是的 - 太好了
I'm looking for clothes.
我也在买衣服
- This is Paul. - What's up?
- 这是保罗 - 你好啊
- Yeah. - Yeah, no kidding.
- 是的 - 没错
What is it, like, 20 or something?
多少度来着? 华氏20度?
Yeah, like 22.
是的 差不多22度吧
- Yeah, I like this. - It's good- looking.
- 我很喜欢 - 挺漂亮的
Yeah, I've been looking for something like this.
我一直在找这样的
- What? - Chuck it in.
- 什么? - 放我这儿
I'm loading up. I got a discount card. I'lI get it for you.
算我的 我有打折卡 我帮你买
- That's all right. - Mike, big deal.
- 不用了 - 迈克 我说真的
- I can get it. - Bro, I got a serious discount.
- 我买得起 - 老弟 我可以打折很多
It's gonna cost, like, $7.
只需要大概7美元
- I'm gonna take off. Nice to meet you. - You, too.
- 我要走了 很高兴见到你 - 我也是
That's my dad. I'll see you later.
那是我爸爸 回头见
Sure. I'll catch you later.
没问题 我回头找你
- Who's that? - Don Boden.
- 那人是谁? - 堂·波顿
- Who's Don Boden? - He's one of my counselors.
- 谁是堂·波顿? - 他是我的一个辅导员
- That's a nice sweater. - Thanks.
- 毛衣不错 - 谢谢
Hi. Thanks for getting Mike.
嗨 谢谢你去接迈克
- Hey, how was your thing? - It was good.
- 嘿 你的事情怎么样了? - 没事了
- I'll see you, Dad. - Okay, Mike.
- 再见 爸爸 - 好的 迈克
- I think he's gonna be okay. - Well, we'll see.
- 我想他会没事的 - 嗯 走着瞧吧
I got a feeler from Hello America.
"你好美国"节目给我发了个预约函
- What? - I got a feeler.
- 什么? - 我收到一封预约函
Dales is leaving it. I might get called to audition.
戴尔斯要走了 我有可能接替他的位子
- If I get called. - That's good.
- 如果他们打电话给我的话 - 很不错
What about the kids?
孩子们怎么看?
It's just a shot in the dark, that's all.
只是觉得有点突然 仅此而已
Well, thanks for getting Mike.
好吧 谢谢你去接迈克
I had to take my dad to Northwestern for a test...
我要带我父亲去西北医院作一项检查...
so I was right there, anyway.
所以我就在那里
- Oh, is he okay? - I think so. It was just a test.
- 哦 他还好吧? - 我想是吧 只是一项检查
Fuck! What are you doing?
该死! 你在干嘛?
I was just... You turned into it.
我只是...你自己转过来正好碰到了
I think you cracked the glass.
你打碎了我的眼镜
So do you have everything you need?
你们要的资料都全了吗?
Yeah, we got everything.
是的 都全了
We'll pare it down to three applicants after we watch the tapes.
看过录像带后 我们将淘汰剩三个人
- We'll call if you're one, Dave. - Okay, Mark.
- 如果你入选了 我们会打电话给你的 - 好的 马克
It's nice to make your acquaintance.
很高兴认识你
- You, too. Take care. - Hey, weatherman!
- 你也是 保重 - 嗨 气象先生!
- What happened? - I got hit with a Frosty.
- 怎么了? - 我被冰巧克力砸了
- Why? - What?
- 为什么? - 什么?
Why did you get hit with a Frosty? What is a Frosty?
你为什么会被冰巧克力砸到? 冰巧克力是什么?
A Frosty is a shake from Wendy's.
冰巧克力是温蒂店出售的饮料
Why would someone throw a shake at you?
人们为什么向你砸东西
- That happens sometimes. - People throw shakes at you?
- 有时候会发生这种情况 - 人们经常向你砸东西?
Stuff. People throw stuff at me sometimes...
人们有时会向我扔各种东西
- if they don't like me, or something. - They don't know you.
- 如果他们不喜欢我的话 - 但他们不认识你
But you just read the weather.
但你只是读一下气象情况
Well, I predict it.
呃 我预报天气
You don't have a degree in meteorology.
那是你没有气象学的文凭
I make suppositions, or I...
我做出推测 或者...
What are you doing?
你在这里干嘛?
- I walked over. - You walked? It's freezing.
- 我出来走走 - 走走? 外面很冷
I have lymphoma, David.
我得了淋巴瘤 戴维
- Doctor Pritch called. - What?
- 伯利伽医生打电话来的 - 什么?
I was having tremors. That's the reason that I went in.
我浑身发抖 所以就进了医院
Pritch read my scans.
伯利伽告诉了我扫描结果
- What's the prognosis? - Well, it's not good.
- 病情会怎么样? - 不是太妙
We'll talk about it this week. I wanted to tell you.
我们这个礼拜好好谈谈 我会告诉你的
I'll call you after I've talked to Pritch again.
等我和伯利伽医生再谈一次后给你打电话
I'll drive you home.
我开车送你回家
I like the fresh air.
我喜欢新鲜空气
- Well, I'll walk back with you. - No, that's okay.
- 那我陪你走 - 没关系的
Every couple months, someone throws something at me...
每隔几个月 总有人会向我扔东西
a shake, a burrito once.
比如饮料杯 有一次被玉米饼砸到
Why? My name, partly, I guess.
为什么? 因为我的名字? 有可能吧
I changed it for professional reasons.
因为职业的关系 我改了姓
My first station manager suggested it.
是我第一个经理提议的
He said it sounded refreshing and that they wanted that quality.
他说那听上去更提神 他们想要这个效果
That may be true, but it's also annoying. I know that.
也许是真的吧 但也很烦人 我就知道
What kind of name is Spritz?
斯普里兹是个什么烂名字?
It's a bullshit name. It's a TV name.
狗屁不通 只有电视上才有
Well, I like him. He's handsome.
我喜欢他 他很帅
I don't like his face.
我讨厌他的脸
The other thing, my job is very easy.
另外 我的工作很简单
Two hours a day, basically reading prompts.
每天两小时 基本上就是照本宣读
I make $240,000 a year...
每年才两万四千美元的收入...
plus appearances...
还要全勤...
which are, you know, not comfortable for me...
你知道 对我来说很难受...
"Four score and seven years ago...
"87年前...
our fathers brought forth, on this continent..."
我们的父辈们来到这块大陆..."
Also, it makes other things easy, being on TV.
同时 能上电视也会带来很多其他的方便
Everything's easy.
事事都很容易
I receive a large reward for pretty much zero effort and contribution.
我几乎可以不劳而获
The shakes and stuff are a reaction to that, I think.
我想那些扔我的东西 是一种报应
What must you think of me?
你是怎么样看待我的?
Your family- leaver.
你的这个背离家庭
Your non- meteorologist, yet weatherman...
没有气象专业文凭 却在播着天气预报...
frosty- taking, fuck- happy son.
常被人砸 到处乱搞的儿子
Don't die yet, Robert. Give me time to get it together.
别急着离开 罗伯特 给我一点时间来重振
Give me a little while.
给我一点时间
Let me get the Hello America job. I can get it together.
让我获得"你好美国"的职位 我能行的
Two for High Water.
两张电影票
- I got mine, Don. - No, it's cool. I got it.
- 我自己来买吧 堂 - 不 没关系 我来买好了
Tricia's a bitch.
特雷西亚真是个荡妇
She's a little cunt.
她是个小贱货
I hate that little cunt.
我恨那个小贱人
I'd like to burn her.
我真想烧死她
Today's the company party. I thought I'd take the kids.
今天公司开派对 我想应该来接孩子们去玩
Well, Mike is out.
呃 迈克出去了
- Shelly's home? - She's walking Jackson.
- 雪丽在家吗? - 她在遛狗
- Where do you want to take them? - The rink. WCH.
- 你要带他们去哪? - 去溜冰场
- I didn't know you were coming. - I always come to these...
- 我不知道你会来 - 这种场合我都来的
I have some time this week if you want to go back up to Bolingbrook.
如果你想回柏林布鲁克上课 我这周正好有时间
- What's in Bolingbrook? - Sportsman's. The archery range.
- 柏林布鲁克有什么? - 射箭场啊
- Okay. - Okay? You wanna go?
- 好吧 - 好? 你想去?
Okay, I remember it.
好 我记住了
Well, do you wanna go back up?
那你还想去那里上课吗?
What's gonna happen?
待会儿有什么节目?
What are we gonna do here?
我们来这里干嘛?
Ladies and gentlemen, on your marks!
女士们先生们 各就各位!
Let's go team Spritz!
加油斯普里兹小队!
- Just keep up, Shell. Come on. - I'm trying to.
- 加油 雪丽 加油 - 我正在努力
We should finish.
我们要完成比赛
We're last. We're way last.
我们最后一名了 差太远了
There's a lesson here. Let's finish.
这是一次锻炼的机会 让我们完成比赛
Hon, you can do it. You can finish. Okay?
宝贝 你能行的 你能完成比赛的 好吗?
I don't want you to quit. It's gonna mean a lot to Dad. Okay?
我不想你退出 这对爸爸很重要 好吗?
That's my girl. That's it.
好样的!
Good. I'm proud of you.
太棒了 我为你骄傲
Yay! That was great!
耶! 太棒了!
Hon. Hon, you okay?
宝贝 你没事吧?
You shouldn't have made me finish!
你不应该让我完成比赛的!
That was like 100 yards you made me go.
你逼我走了将近100码!
I'm not a football- jocker.
我又不是足球运动员
Just... We got tangled up in a sack.
只是...我们的脚被绑在一个布袋里
- What happened? - She tore her ACL.
- 发生了什么事? - 她的前韧带拉伤了
These fucking crutches are too long!
操! 这些拐杖太长了!
- What did you say? - Shelly!
- 你刚才说什么? - 雪丽!
- Well, what were you doing? - It was a picnic.
- 那你们到底干嘛去了? - 是一个野餐会
- And she tore something? - ACl. MCL.
- 然后她就拉伤了韧带? - 前韧带 后韧带
- Dave! - Well, we didn't go bungee jumping!
- 戴维! - 我们没有去蹦极!
It was a fucking potato- sack race!
是操他妈的马铃薯口袋比赛!
- That's where she got it. - What?
- 她就是这么学来的 - 什么?
"Fucking" this. "Fucking" that.
"操"这个 "操"那个
No, I never said that around her.
不 我和她在一起从不说
You don't know you have, Dave, because you don't pay attention!
你不经意的就说了 戴维 因为你根本不在意!
- Just fuck that, Noreen. You know... - Dave.
- 去你的 诺玲 你知道... - 戴维
- What? - Step back.
- 什么? - 离远点
- Step back? - Step back.
- 离远点? - 离远点?
What are you talking about, Russ?
你刚才说什么 拉斯?
- Russ... - Step back right now.
- 拉斯... - 马上离远点
- Fuck you, right now. - Fuck you, Spritz.
- 操你妈的 - 操你妈的 斯普里兹
Fuck you, fat asshole!
去你的 肥猪!
David, what are you doing?
戴维 你在干什么?
I'm talking to my wife! I'm talking to Noreen...
我在和我妻子说话! 我在和诺玲说话...
and this clown, whose business this isn't.
和这个小丑毫无关系
You call me a dildo, it is my business, Spritz.
你叫我痿货 当然和我有关!
You are a dildo, pork- fuck. You porker!
你这个痿货 死肥猪!
Why are you here? Are you okay?
你在这干嘛? 你还好吗?
I came to talk to Noreen.
我是来和诺玲谈谈的
Dave, come on. I will talk to you later.
戴维 算了 我一会儿和你谈
- Dave, what's going on, Son? - It's nothing. Just...
- 戴维 怎么了 儿子? - 没什么 只是...
Why are you here, anyway?
你怎么会来这里?
I came to talk to Noreen about an issue concerning Shelly.
我是来和诺玲谈关于雪丽的事情的
Well, you can talk to me. I'm her parent, too. So? What?
你可以和我谈 我也是她的家长 发生什么事了?
Shelly dresses in clothing not appropriate for her...
雪丽的穿着很不适合她
All kids wear... Dad, it's a different generation.
孩子们都穿...父亲 这是两代人了
They call her camel toe.
他们叫她骆驼蹄子
- What? - Are you aware of that?
- 什么? - 你没注意到?
That her colleagues call her camel toe.
她的同学们叫她骆驼蹄子
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
It means the crease in her vagina...
意思是 他们能从她的裤子...
that they can discern through her clothing.
看出她外阴的褶皱
- What? - Camel toe.
- 什么? - 骆驼蹄子
Yeah, I heard you. I mean, how do you know they do that?
是的 我听到了 我是说 你怎么知道的?
I picked Shelly up on Wednesday, heard taunting, the older boys calling it.
我星期三去接雪丽 听到那些大一点的男孩们这么叫她
- You might have heard wrong. - No, I heard camel...
- 你可能听错了 - 不 我听到骆驼...
Okay, okay, look. I'll deal.
行了行了 我来处理
I want to get her through this ACL thing.
我先要处理她韧带拉伤的事情
I'm gonna take her shooting.
我要带她去射箭
I'm gonna reapply her there.
要再和她好好谈谈
I'm gonna get her talking to me. I'm gonna get to her...
我要让她和我说话 我来处理她的事情...
and I'm gonna work it out.
我会想出办法的
A camel toe is pretty much what Robert said it was.
骆驼蹄子的确就是罗伯特说的那样
It's basically just when you can make out more than you should.
基本上就是你比正常的勒得更紧
But it's the kind of thing...
但问题是...
She's 12, you know?
她才12岁 你知道吗?
If you're around and paying attention, you catch it...
如果你在她身边 时刻注意 你就能及时发现...
then name- calling doesn't start, and maybe smoking doesn't start.
然后就不会有起绰号的事 也许也不会有抽烟的事
And maybe she can just stay a happy kid for a couple more years.
也许她还能快乐的过几年童年生活
She shouldn't be unhappy.
她应该得到快乐
Fuck. What did she ever do to anybody? Shelly.
该死! 她又没做错什么事 雪丽
Noreen, I was thinking...
诺玲 我在想...
this pushing and pulling...
我们之间的这种你来我往...
the tug- of- war we do sometimes...
拔河似的关系...
it's not good for the kids.
对孩子们不好
Noreen, let's see somebody. Work it out. Let's...
诺玲 让我们想想办法来解决这个问题 我们...
- Fuck! - Asshole!
- 操! - 混蛋!
- I got hit with a pop! - What?
- 我被汽水瓶砸了! - 什么?
- Man. - Are you okay? Are you okay?
- 该死 - 你没事吧? 你没事吧?
Yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay. So...
对 没事 我很好 那么...
what I was saying...
我刚才说什么来着...
We're going to begin with some trust- building exercises.
我们先来做一些建立相互信任的练习
The Buddy Drop. Up on your feet. Let's go.
自由倒下练习 大家站起来 我们开始
Dave, Noreen. Center circle.
戴维 诺玲 到中间来
Now, Noreen, you're just gonna let yourself go...
现在 诺玲 你让自己倒下去...
and Dave is gonna catch you.
然后戴维接住你
- Just go back? - Yeah. Cross your arms up front.
- 向后到? - 是的 两手交叉胸前
- Now? - Whenever you're ready.
- 现在吗? - 准备好了就可以开始
All right, Teresa, Mark. You're up.
下面 特莱茜 马克 你们来
Now I want you to name something...
下面我要你们列出一些...
that you did that affected your partner...
你们所做过的 对你的伴侣有影响的...
and that you're not proud of.
并且是负面影响的事情
I had this thing with porno on the computer, sort of.
在我的电脑上 有一些色情杂志什么的
I got a little preoccupied...
我以前很喜欢这东西...
Actually, I want you to write it down, not say it.
事实上我希望你们写下来 不是说出来
I want you to put it on the paper that you got for a reason.
我希望你们把它写在一张纸上 列出理由
Now make sure it's something the other person doesn't know about...
确保这是你的伴侣所不知道的事情...
that they don't know.
他们毫不知情
Then you are going to give it to the other person...
然后你们互相交换纸条...
and the other person is never going to look at it.
彼此不许偷看纸上的内容
I thought Dave's science- fiction novel, or whatever it was...
我认为戴维写的所谓科幻小说...
was stupid and sucked...
写的既愚蠢又恶心...
and was a waste of time.
简直是浪费时间
It was embarrassing. Four years?
真丢人 写了四年?
Well, I thought that went pretty well.
呃 我认为效果不错
It wasn't science fiction, just so you know.
这不是科幻小说 你知道的? ?
- What? - It wasn't science fiction.
- 什么? - 我写的不是科幻小说
- What are you talking about? - Did you even read it?
- 你在说什么? - 你难道没看过吗?
no. One of the side characters was a scientist...
只是他性格的另一面是一个科学家...
- but that's not even important... - God damn it, Dave. God damn it!
- 但这并不重要... - 去你的 戴维 你真该死!
What? I'm just asking, did you ever even read it?
什么? 我只是想问你 你难道都没读过我的书?
It was hard to read. It was poorly written.
因为很难看懂 写的太糟糕了
You're an asshole. God.
你是个混球 上帝啊
You are a champion asshole.
你真是个大混球
You're a real blue- ribbon fuck!
你是个彻头彻尾的大混蛋!
I just wanna make it work, Noreen.
我只是想解决问题 诺玲
I just want to know everything, so I can make it work. That's why I...
我只是想了解情况 这样才能解决问题 所以我才...
- I want to try again. - I'm not going back. You fucked it up.
- 我想重新来过 - 我不会再去了 你把事情搞砸了
I mean, our marriage.
我是说 我们的婚姻
I want to try again.
我想重新来过
You know, Dave, you can't even...
你知道 戴维 你连...
You looked at it. That's dishonest. It's crappy.
你偷看了 这是不忠 已经完了
- Noreen. - Hey, should I look at yours?
- 诺玲 - 嘿 我应该看看你写的吗?
no. No, no, Noreen...
不不不 诺玲...
"Throughout marriage BJs lacked enthusiasm.
"在整个婚姻中 口交一直没有激情
"Had difference of opinion over how important that was.
"两人对此的重要性 有不同的理解
You know what, Dave?
你知道吗 戴维?
You want to know why my BJs lacked enthusiasm?
你知道为什么我给你口交的时候缺乏激情?
I hated your hair.
我讨厌你的头发
I hated your ugly legs, your forearms.
讨厌你丑陋的腿 讨厌你的手臂
I hated kissing your lips, Dave. Okay?
我讨厌吻你的嘴 行了吧 戴维?
And that's why I lacked enthusiasm when your cock was in my mouth.
这就是为什么你的老二在我嘴里的时候 我缺乏激情
Shelly, it's cold.
雪丽 外面很冷
Your father said it was going to be 65 degrees today, but...
你老爸还说今天有华氏65度 可是...
Go ahead. I'll see you later.
去吧 我们回头见
I'll call you tomorrow. Go ahead in.
我明天给你打电话 进去吧
Did you start my novel yet?
你有没有开始看我的小说了?
Breaking Point. Did you start that?
《转折点》 你有没有开始读了?
No, I haven't yet, Son. I've been preoccupied.
不 还没有 儿子 我有一些别的事情没处理完
Well, that's good, actually.
其实写的不错
I want to make some changes, so...
我只是还想再修改一下 所以...
I'll give you the new one.
我会给你一份新稿
It's further bad news.
又是坏消息
The metastatic plane was too wide for radiation.
病变转移的面积过大 不能进行放射治疗
He suggested I see a Dr. Frost in New York for clinical trials.
他建议我去纽约找福斯特医生进行临床试验
I got a feeler from Hello America.
我收到了"你好美国"的预约函
They're looking at 20 guys, but they'll be cutting down to three soon.
他们选了20个人进行筛选 马上剩下最后三个
The salary's great. It's real strong.
薪水很诱人 非常的高
It would mean moving...
可能需要搬家...
but I'd like to move everybody, you know?
但你知道 我希望大家都搬
Renew things with Noreen.
和诺玲重新开始
We've been seeing somebody.
我们正在努力
Let the kids start over in New York.
让孩子们在纽约有个新的开始
Keep them away from some of the bad influences here that...
让他们远离这里一些不良影响...
Just get a fresh start.
开始新生活
I think that would be great.
我觉得很好啊
- That would be terrific. - Yeah.
- 那真是太棒了 - 是啊
You could rededicate yourselves, knuckle down.
你可以重整旗鼓 开始认真工作
It's a Big Gulp.
这是一个大杯的汽水
You should say, "We might see some snow...
你应该说 "可能会降雪...
"but it might shift south, miss us."
"但也可能降雪区南移 和我们擦肩而过"
I can say it, but I sort of wanna understand it.
没问题 但我想知道为什么
Well, it's Canadian trade winds.
这是因为加拿大信风
Behind all of it?
就是它引起的?
Yeah, this will get pushed by wind out of Canada.
是的 降雪区会受来自加拿大的信风推动影响
- So what's it gonna do? - I don't know.
- 那信风将来会怎么样? - 我不知道
It's wind, man. Blows all over the place.
这是风啊 老兄 到处乱刮的
For some reason...
出于某种原因...
I went back to Bolingbrook.
我回到了柏林布鲁克
I bought a three- month lesson plan.
我购买了三个月的课程计划
Hang on. Before you do that, you know...
等等 在这之前 你知道...
let's go out here and do a little stretching exercises.
我们先要出去做一些拉伸练习
You got to rotate your...
你要旋转你的...
then do basic focus drills, stuff you never think about.
然后做基础的瞄准练习 还有一些听都没听说过的东西
Like closing an eye without moving your face...
比如在不动脸部肌肉的情况下闭上一只眼睛
because your face is the anchor point for your hand...
因为你的脸部是手的定位点
that allows you to focus.
这样才能瞄准
You have to keep your triangle against a lot of force.
你必须在很多力的作用下保持三角姿势
We do draws for a half hour, then releases.
我们先练习了半个小时的拉 然后松开
That's called "loosing," when you release.
松开的动作叫做"释放"
Great shot! All right!
射的好! 好极了
but that one good shot leaves you thinking...
但那一箭让你觉得...
you might be catching on.
你可能正在进步
Do you lift weights?
你举重吗?
- What's that? - Do you lift weights?
- 什么? - 你练习举重吗?
- Cardio? - Yeah, you have to do both.
- 心脏有氧练习? - 是的 两个都做
Are you on any kind of a program?
你加入了什么训练计划吗?
Yeah, our gym coach gave us a program.
是的 我们的体操教练给我们布置任务
- That should be good. - Yeah.
- 那还不错 - 是的
- You know what would be interesting? - What?
- 我想到了一个有趣的主意 - 什么?
We should take some pictures. Some shots, like...
我们应该拍一些照片 比如...
some now, some in a month or whatever...
现在拍一些 然后过一两个月再拍一些...
see if you're making gains.
看看你的是不是有进步
I've got my mom's Nikon.
我去拿我母亲的尼康
- Whip your shirt off. - Whip my shirt off?
- 把你的外衣脱掉 - 脱掉外衣?
We can compare this shit.
我们可以用这个作对比
That's a Nikon FM?
那是尼康FM?
Well, yeah. You know something about cameras?
嗯 没错 你懂相机?
Yeah. I took a class at Parker.
对 我在Parker上过学习班
My dad's gonna get the F3 for me...
假如我能学完课程 而且平均成绩达到B
if I can finish the program and maintain a B average.
我爸爸就会给我买个F3
It's like a $600 camera. I'm psyched about it.
那可是600美元级别的相机 我心仪很久了
I could loan that to you.
我可以借钱给你
I could loan that shit to you if...
我可以借给你这么多钱...
you wanted it earlier.
假如你想早点拿到它的话
This is gonna go a lot better.
这次应该会好得多
Because I got you some bobtail arrows. They're easier.
因为我给你买了一些截尾箭 比较容易射
Well, they're thicker at the ends.
因为它们的头比较粗
See? They taper toward the nock.
看见没? 越靠近箭扣越细
- What's the nock? - The arrow end.
- 什么是箭扣? - 箭的尾部
- What was I using before? - Chested arrows.
- 那我以前用的是什么箭? - 胸形箭
That guy didn't know what he was doing.
那家伙根本不知道自己在干什么
- What? - Fix your arrow in.
- 什么? - 搭上你的箭
Arrow makers were called fletchers. That's where the last name came from.
以前造箭师傅也叫装羽匠 弗莱彻这个姓就是这么来的
Here. There's a little bit of a...
这里 有一点点...
It takes a little while. Right there, right below the nock.
要稍微花点时间 就是那里 就在箭扣下面
Okay, let's loose a few.
好吧 咱们放几箭
Let's show our stuff.
亮亮咱们的本事
Aim about a half- foot above.
瞄准目标上方半英尺的地方
- Okay. - You wait till you're steady.
- 好 - 要等到手稳下来
- Are you aligned? - Yeah.
- 你对准了吗? - 唔
Come on, Shelly. Get your arrow.
别急 雪丽 把箭捡回来
We probably didn't home long enough.
可能是我们到位的时间还不够长
That's the pause between drawing back and firing.
我说的是从拉弦到射箭之间的停顿
Let's pause a little longer.
再停得稍微久一点
- Are you just not interested? - Yeah.
- 你没兴趣了? - 唔
Yeah, you're not interested? Or, yeah, you are interested?
唔什么? 你到底有没有兴趣?
Yeah, I'm not. Really.
唔 没兴趣 真的
What was it you liked? Let's think of it that way.
那时候你喜欢的到底是什么? 回忆一下
What interested you when you thought about archery?
在你想要学射箭的时候 到底是什么让你真正感兴趣?
When you wanted to do it.
就在你想要这么做的时候
I don't know. Going hunting or something.
不知道 大概是打猎什么的吧
- For animals? - Yeah.
- 猎动物? - 唔
You wanna shoot animals with arrows?
你想用箭射动物?
- Yeah. - You do?
- 唔 - 真的?
Yeah, to kill them.
唔 杀死它们
But that's not archery. That's hunting.
可那就不是射箭了 那是打猎
That's called bowhunting. That's what you wanted to do?
那叫弓箭狩猎 那就是你想干的事?
- Bowhunting? - Yeah, I saw it on TV.
- 弓箭狩猎? - 唔 我在电视上看到过
Well, I don't really wanna kill animals with arrows...
我可不想用弓箭杀动物...
so that's not going to happen. We can target shoot, Shelly.
所以我们不会这么干 我们可以射靶子嘛 雪丽
- It's not fun. - It's a lot of fun.
- 那没意思 - 很有意思的呀
- You have to apply yourself. - Targets don't move.
- 你该专心一点 - 靶子又不会动
Well, you know, Shelly...
要知道 雪丽...
you haven't really hit one yet.
你还一次都没射中呢
You should support me.
你应该支持我
I do support you. I support.
我是在支持你呀 我支持的
All right, forget it. Take your bracer off.
好吧 算了 把护腕脱下来
- We're not shooting anymore. - Okay.
- 我们不射了 - 好吧
There's a chance I might be going to New York.
我可能有机会去纽约
You think you'd like to come, maybe, if I go?
你看 假如我去了 你也愿意去吗?
We could maybe go with Poppop.
我们可能跟爷爷一起去
- He's got some tests. - Yeah.
- 他要去做些检查 - 哦
You don't look real good, Dad.
你气色不太好 爸爸
- Are you okay? - Yeah.
- 你没事吧? - 没事
- What are you doing out here? - Just sitting here.
- 你在这里干什么? - 我只是随便坐坐
Sometimes I just sit here and look at the house.
我有时候会一直坐在这里看着那房子
- You park here sometimes? - Yeah. Sometimes.
- 你有时候会把车停在这里? - 对 有时候会这样
I just like to see you guys. I see you playing guitar up there.
我只是想看看你们 我见过你在楼上弹吉他
- Sounds good. - Thanks.
- 蛮好听的 - 谢谢
- You know, Poppop... - Yeah.
- 你知道吧 爷爷... - 唔
- ...he's sick. - Mom said.
- ...他病了 - 妈妈说过
I was thinking about that, too.
我想也是
Why do you have a bow and arrow in there?
为什么你车里有弓箭?
I was just out with Shelly. I'm not playing favorites.
我刚才和雪丽一起出去玩 不是因为我有这爱好
I just think we need to be together for a while.
我只是觉得 我们需要多相处
Yeah, that's okay.
对 那样很好
- How's your program going? - Great.
- 你的课程怎样? - 好极了
You're gonna get that camera if you keep it up!
你要是保持成绩就能得到那部相机!
Look at this house.
瞧瞧这房子
Someone should be happy here.
有人应该在里面过得很快活
How did I fuck this up?
我怎么会把事情弄僵的?
What if I remembered the tartar sauce? Would things be different?
要是我记得那鞑靼沙司会怎样? 我的遭遇会有所不同吗?
Would Robert die not thinking I'm a jerk- off...
罗伯特死的时候会不把我看成...
Don't forget the tartar sauce.
别忘了鞑靼沙司
Just call the order in, Noreen...
你干脆打电话订购算了 诺玲...
and quit busting my you- know- what, okay?
省得你老冲我唠叨
You always half- listen to what I'm saying to you!
我对你说话你总是只听进一半!
I heard you. Tartar sauce.
我听见了 鞑靼沙司
Tartar sauce. Tartar sauce. Tartar sauce.
鞑靼沙司 鞑靼沙司 鞑靼沙司
Tartar sauce, tartar sauce, tartar sauce, tartar sauce.
鞑靼沙司 鞑靼沙司 鞑靼沙司 鞑靼沙司
Man, how I'd like to put my face in there.
呵 我真想把脸埋进那地方
Right in there. Tartar sauce.
就是那里 鞑靼沙司
My hips are cold. Tartar sauce.
我的屁股好冷啊 鞑靼沙司
That's when you know it's cold.
这种时候你才知道天冷了
I like eating pussy. Tartar sauce.
我喜欢舔小穴 鞑靼沙司
A lot of guys don't. Well, maybe they do.
有很多人不喜欢 嗯 也许他们还是喜欢的
Maybe that's just black guys. Tartar sauce.
也许只有黑人不喜欢 鞑靼沙司
What happened to the guy who was trying to go around the world...
那个想乘气球环游地球的家伙...
in a balloon? Did he make it?
怎么样了? 他成功了吗?
I should put some espionage...
我应该在小说里加些间谍故事...
or stolen plutonium in my novel. Tartar sauce.
或者是核原料被盗什么的 鞑靼沙司
Spice it up. Neil Young. Fuck, it's cold!
再辣一点 尼尔·扬 操 真冷啊!
Neil Young? Why am I thinking about Neil Young?
尼尔·扬? 我怎么会想到尼尔·扬的?
Neil Diamond. Neil. There's not a lot of famous Neils.
尼尔·戴蒙德 尼尔 叫尼尔的名人不多
Is this Wednesday? I wish I had two dicks.
今天是星期三吗? 我要是有两根鸡巴就好了
I thought the whole family was going to learn Spanish together this year.
我还以为今年全家会一起学西班牙语呢
That never really happened.
结果根本不是这样
I haven't had a Spanish omelet in a long time.
我好久没吃西班牙煎蛋卷了
Where is the tartar sauce?
鞑靼沙司呢?
They were out. They apologized.
卖完了 他们向我道歉了
- They were cool about it. - They were out?
- 他们很过意不去 - 卖完了?
- They were out. - They were out of tartar sauce?
- 卖完了 - 鞑靼沙司卖完了?
It's not about the tartar sauce. It's about you. You don't care!
不是鞑靼沙司的问题 是你的问题 你一点都不关心!
I don't care about tartar sauce!
我不关心的是鞑靼沙司!
I'm trying to make a living for this family.
我正在努力为家里挣钱
I've got work things to think about and pressure.
我要考虑工作上的事 还要承担压力
Tartar sauce? Fuck, Noreen, are you serious?
鞑靼沙司? 我操 诺玲 你认真的吗?
You are so selfish!
你这人太自私了!
I would do anything for you...
为了你我什么都愿做...
- Everything you say is right. - ...as if we're not happy.
- 你说的话句句都对 - ...好像我们不快乐一样
- I'm trying to take care of the family. - You come in here, looked in my face...
- 我是在想办法养这个家 - 你跑进来 当着我的面...
and you lied to me, Dave.
对我撒谎 戴维
Do you think I'm a moron? "They're out."
你当我是傻瓜吗? "卖完了"?
We both just think it's better for the kids.
我们俩都觉得这样对孩子更好
David, sacrifice is...
戴维 牺牲意味着...
To get anything of value, you have to sacrifice.
要得到有价值的东西 你就得作出牺牲
I know that, Dad. But I think if we continue down this road...
我知道 爸爸 可是我觉得 要是我们再这么过下去...
it's going to be too detrimental for the kids.
可能对孩子影响太坏
Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do...
你知不知道 难做的事和应该做的事...
are usually the same thing?
往往是同一件事?
Nothing that has meaning is easy.
凡是有意义的事都不会容易
Easy doesn't enter into grown- up life.
成年人的生活里没有容易二字
I'm not comfortable with an 18- degree variance.
我受不了18度的变动范围
- Why even forecast? - It's a technical art...
- 那还要预报干什么? - 这是一门技艺...
not a science. People get that.
不是科学 人们能接受的
- Let's narrow it down, Tim. - Dave, it's random.
- 把范围缩小些吧 蒂姆 - 戴维 这是随机的
A day can have that variance.
一天之中是可能有这么大变动的
- Dave, phone call. - Tell him to take a message.
- 戴维 有电话 - 让他留个言
It's Hello America.
是"你好美国"节目来的
Can we shop here?
我们可以在这里买东西吗?
Sure. Where is that?
当然可以 什么地方?
- Bendel. - All right.
- 班德尔成衣店 - 好的
You know what? Let's go for a walk. Take a break.
咱们去散散步吧 休息一下
You don't like it?
你不喜欢吗?
No, maybe we'll come back later. We'll just take a break.
不 我们可以以后再来 现在只是去休息一下
- So how's everything going? - Good.
- 你过得怎样? - 很好
- How's school? - Good.
- 学校怎样? - 很好
- Dance school? - Good.
- 舞蹈学校呢? - 很好
You know, when I was in school...
知道吗 在我上学的时候...
I guess the hardest thing was how other kids can be a little mean.
我觉得最难理解的事就是 为什么其他孩子总有一点下流
Names and stuff.
他们会起绰号什么的
Do you ever get called names?
别人给你起过绰号吗?
I don't know, like "dummy" if you miss a question...
不知道 比方说你回答不出问题 可能被人叫"笨瓜"...
or "camel toe."
或者被人叫"骆驼蹄子"
Yeah. Camel toe.
有这绰号 骆驼蹄子
Do you know why?
你知道为什么吗?
Why you get called camel toe?
为什么叫你"骆驼蹄子"?
Because camel toes are tough.
因为骆驼蹄子很结实
They can walk all over the desert and all the hot rocks.
可以踏遍沙漠和滚烫的岩石
That's right. It's because they're tough.
没错 因为它们很结实
You ready to shop again?
再去买东西好吗?
I think they make car tires out of camel toes.
我想他们会用骆驼蹄子做汽车轮胎
Yeah, I think I heard that.
对 我听说过
I just think you're more grown- up than that other stuff.
我只是觉得你已经长大了 再穿先前那件不合适
I don't think I like it.
我想我不喜欢它
But that was sort of kid stuff.
那件是童装
I like this dress. It's New York style.
我喜欢这件 是纽约款式
- You like it? - I like it. Yeah.
- 你喜欢? - 喜欢。
Yeah, I think I do.
嗯 我想是的
Do you feel comfortable in it? Because, you know, that's the thing.
你觉得穿着合身吗? 因为 那才是关键
You look all grown- up.
完全像个大人了
Okay, change. Let's get some more.
好 去换衣服吧 咱们再买几件
Sure, and then we'll go show Poppop some of this stuff.
当然了 我们还要让爷爷看看
- Check this out. - That's nice, hon.
- 你瞧 - 真漂亮 宝贝
I know. I got a lot more, too!
我知道 还有好多呢!
- How are you feeling? - I'm all right.
- 你感觉怎样? - 我没事
Mike got arrested.
迈克给抓起来了
He fucked his drug counselor's car up. They were on their way to a movie.
他把戒毒辅导员的车敲了 当时他们正要去看电影
Mike said he was trying to suck him off.
迈克说他想吮他的鸟
Then Mike chucked a rock through his car's passenger window.
然后迈克就朝车窗掼了一块石头
What is this sucking and chucking rocks?
什么是吮鸟和掼石头?
I mean, what is this?
我是说 这都是什么呀?
What did the guy say?
那家伙怎么说?
He said Mike tried to jack his wallet.
他说迈克想要抢他的皮夹子
What is this sucking and chucking and jacking and fucking- up, Son?
又是吮又是掼又是抢又是敲的 儿子 这都是什么呀?
He's 15 years old!
他才15岁!
What is this shit?
这都是什么话?
- Where is he? - He's at home.
- 他在哪儿? - 在家里
Are you ready for the doctors?
你可以去见大夫了吧?
Got you! You're dead.
打中你了! 你死了
I think just what he said happened, happened.
我觉得事情就像他说的那样
I think the guy was trying to make a move on him...
我看是那家伙想对他动手动脚...
and Mike got surprised and scared.
迈克被吓到了
Hon, will you get me a pop from the pop machine?
宝贝 你到售货机上给我买杯汽水好吗?
Can you get your pop later?
你呆会儿再买汽水行不行?
I'm trying to send Shelly away so she doesn't have to hear this.
我是想把雪丽支开 不让她听到这些话
This guy says that Mike tried to steal his wallet...
那人说迈克想偷他的钱包...
and that's why they were fighting when the police came.
所以他们就打起来 正好警察来了
- How is he? - He's scared. I don't know.
- 他情况怎样? - 他给吓到了 我不知道
No, stay there and do your Hello America thing.
不要 你就在那里弄你的"你好美国"节目吧
- You act like... - What?
- 你说得好像... - 好像什么?
Like Mike's in trouble...
好像迈克出事...
'cause I'm interviewing at Hello America. Give me a break!
都是我在"你好美国"节目面试害的 你少来!
I don't have any money.
我没钱
Russ is helping anyway.
反正拉斯在帮忙
- That dildo's what? - He's been a big help, okay?
- 那个痿货在干什么? - 他帮了很多忙 明白了吧?
You can stay there.
你可以呆在那里
Fine. I'll stay here with camel toe.
好啊 我和骆驼蹄子一起留在这里
You just take care of stuff there! You take care of it!
那边的事都有你来操心! 你会操心的!
Camel toe? What are you talking about?
骆驼蹄子? 你说什么呢?
I had to find out how kids taunt Shelly about that...
她被人这样侮辱你不闻不问...
and you're letting her get taunted.
只好让我来搞明白是怎么回事了
You're not paying attention to the way she goes to school!
你根本就没注意过她是怎么去上学的!
I take care of everything around here.
这里样样事都由我来操心
Well, I bought her new stuff.
对 我给她买了新衣服
I bought her a bunch of brand new stuff...
我给她买了一大堆新衣服...
- and she told me all kinds of stuff, so... - Don't be such a dick.
- 她把什么事都跟我说了 所以... - 别以为自己了不起
You have her for one weekend.
你只不过陪了她一个周末
You know what, Noreen? Just...
你知道吗 诺玲? 只是...
Fuck! Whatever. Let me talk to Mike.
我操! 随你怎么说吧 让我跟迈克说话
He's sleeping, and don't talk to me like that.
他在睡觉 不许你用这种语气跟我说话
More dildo, more fucking...
又是痿的 又是操的...
Listen, I have to go, Noreen. I'll talk to you soon.
我要挂了 诺玲 回头还会跟你谈的
I thought you were trying to improve matters with Noreen...
我还以为你即使不想重归于好...
if not reconcile.
也会想法和诺玲改善一下关系
I am. What did Frost say?
我想啊 福斯特怎么说?
He wants to speak to me in about 10 minutes.
10分钟以后他会和我说
It was cold in there.
里面挺冷的
Would you get me a coffee, Dave? So I can warm up.
戴维 给我买杯咖啡好吗? 让我暖暖身子
- Yeah. - Great. Yeah. He wanted a coffee.
- 唔 - 好极了 他想要一杯咖啡
Do you have my wallet?
我的钱包在你这儿吧?
You should carry more money than that.
你该多带点钱的
Well, did he say whether any more therapy could...
嗯 他有没有说再多做点治疗可以...
No, he didn't have a different opinion than Pritch.
没有 他的看法和伯利伽没什么两样
There's too large a plane.
转移面太大了
- Well, did he say... - He said months.
- 那他有没有说... - 他说几个月
- Did he say a lot of months? - Well, what's a lot?
- 他是不是说好几个月? - 哦 怎样算好几个月?
I don't know, like 12.
不知道 可能12个
Well, if he meant 12, he probably would've said a year, Son.
假如他指的是12个月 那他就会说是一年了 儿子
I think he meant three or four.
我想他的意思也就是三四个月
Well, you have a big day tomorrow.
你明天还有大事要办呢
The Hello America show.
"你好美国"节目面试
...and here comes the grand marshal, Dave Spritzel.
...现在过来的是大明星 戴维 斯埔里泽
Didn't his name used to be Spritz?
他以前不是叫斯普里兹吗?
Yeah, it sure did...
对 没错...
but he changed it back to the original Spritzel.
不过他现在又恢复了原名斯埔里泽
Why the change, Ed?
为什么要改名字 爱德?
Well, when you're national, there's no more up.
嗯 因为成了全国知名人物以后就再不用往上爬了
So he changed it back...
所以他就把名字改回来了...
like John "Cougar" Mellencamp. He's realer now and more authentic.
约翰·库格·麦伦侃普也是这样 现在他显得更加率真更加坦诚了
- Who's that with him? - Those are the wife and kids.
- 和他在一起的是谁? - 那是他的妻子和孩子
Didn't they used to have a real fucked- up relationship?
他们以前的关系不是很僵吗?
Not anymore. That's something else that changed.
现在不是了 同样发生了改变
It seems Hello America with Byrant Gumbel...
看来"你好美国"节目和布莱恩特·甘宝...
gave them all a fresh start...
让他们开始了全新的生活...
and an increase in salary to $980,000 outside promotional fees...
他的薪水提高到了98万美元 这还没把奖金计算在内...
which puts Dave well over $1 million a year.
所以戴维现在的年收入大大超过100万美元
- That got his wife's ear, I bet. - You bet. That buys a lot of face time.
- 我敢打赌他妻子准是听说了这事 - 没错 这给他赢来了很多和老婆相处的机会
Now everything's great.
现在他是诸事顺心
- Did he say that? - Yeah, he told me that...
- 他是这么说的? - 对 他亲口对我说的...
What are your hobbies?
你的业余爱好是什么?
And you don't have a degree in meteorology?
你没有拿过气象学的学位?
General communications.
我学的是通用通信
Well, listen. We've seen a lot of your work in Chicago.
好的 你在芝加哥的工作录像我们已经看过很多了
We think you're great, refreshing.
我们觉得你很棒 让人耳目一新
We love the Spritz Nipper.
我们很喜欢那个"斯普里兹大钳"
Why don't we run some blue screen, and we'll do a walk- through on the set?
我们用蓝幕拍几段做些试演怎么样?
Here's your station. We'll run some screen.
这里就是你的舞台 我们会拍些片段
Give me a second to set it up.
稍等一会 我去布置一下
I'm waiting for Mark. I'm running some screen.
我在等马克布置 要拍几个片段
- Dave. - Bryant.
- 戴维 - 布莱恩特
- Nervous? - no.
- 紧张吗? - 不
- Sure? - Yeah.
- 真的? - 嗯
You look just a little bit nervous.
我看你稍微有点紧张
- Other shit. - Yeah.
- 别的原因 - 哦
...mild in the Northwest.
...西北地区天气温和
As this high- pressure system gives way...
等到这个冈银压离开的时候...
we'll see warm temperatures in New Mexico...
新墨西哥的气温就会转暖...
I know it's not neurosurgery...
我知道这和神经外科学扯不上关系...
but green screen is the one part of my job that's not really easy.
不过在我的工作中 绿幕不是那么容易的部分
...35 in New York with colder temperatures west to Michigan...
...纽约地区是1.7度 密歇根以西则更冷...
You need a sense of where put- ons will come from...
你必须知道该在什么地方比划...
and a pretty strong sense of scale.
必须有很强的位置感
...there are travel advisories in New Orleans and Atlanta.
...到新奥尔良和亚特兰大旅游的 人要注意了
It's pretty heavy weather...
天气相当恶劣...
I've gotten real good at it.
我对这个非常拿手
I thought everything went over pretty well.
我觉得一切都很顺当
So we'll let you know in a couple of days.
过几天我们就会通知你结果
This is my father, Robert Spritzel, and my daughter.
这是我父亲罗伯特·斯普里泽 还有我女儿
We're a little late for our plane...
我们还要赶飞机 已经有点迟了...
so we thought we'd leave from here.
所以我想现在就走
- Yeah, I'm sorry. We kept you late. - That's cool.
- 哦 对不起 耽误你时间了 - 没什么
- So you've got the numbers? - Yes.
- 电话号码你有吧? - 有的
There's a built- in with Purina I forgot. $42,000.
我忘了 还有一个普瑞纳公司的内定广告 4万2千美元
- What's a built- in? - It's a compulsory endorsement...
- 什么是内定广告? - 这是必须履行的合同条例...
if I'm offered the job.
前提是我被录用
- Dog food? - Yeah. Pet products.
- 狗粮广告? - 对 宠物食品
Dave doesn't own a pet.
戴维没有养宠物
Well, I have Jackson.
我不是养了杰克逊吗?
Jackson lives with your wife and kids.
杰克逊是和你老婆孩子一起过的
We'll let you know.
我们会通知你的
- Russ is here. - Okay.
- 拉斯在这儿 - 好
- Where's Mike? - Inside.
- 迈克呢? - 在里面
- Dave. - Hi, Russ.
- 戴维 - 嗨 拉斯
He's upstairs. He's still pretty upset about it.
他在楼上 还在为这事烦恼呢
- Did he talk about it? - Yeah.
- 他说起过这事吗? - 说过
- To you? - He's told us what happened.
- 跟你说的? - 他把事情经过告诉了我们
He was with his counselor, Don Boden. I guess he...
当时他和辅导员 堂·波顿在一起 我猜他...
I don't really know why what happened next happened.
我并不知道接下来的事为什么会发生
He was talking about my son, and I was taking my gloves off.
他在谈我儿子 而我在脱手套
Apparently, they were going to a movie...
显然 他们是去看电影...
- What the fuck? - Why are you here?
- 这算什么? - 你怎么会在这儿?
- What are you doing? - Why are you here?
- 你干什么? - 你怎么会在这儿?
- I'm helping Noreen! - Why are you helping?
- 我在帮诺玲的忙! - 你干嘛要帮忙?
- Dave. - Son. Jesus.
- 戴维 - 儿子 天呐
Here's something that...
告诉你们一个道理...
if you want your father to think you're not a silly fuck...
假如你不希望父亲把你看成一个大蠢蛋...
don't slap a guy across the face with a glove.
那就别拿手套掴别人的耳光
Because if you do that, that's what he will think...
因为如果你这么干了 他就一定会那样看待...
unless you're a nobleman or something in the 19th century...
除非你是19世纪的贵族...
- You can get inside okay, Dad? - Yeah.
- 爸爸 你自己进去没问题吧? - 嗯
"When my back's against the wall, I order a china call- girl...
"要是我走投无路了 我就叫一个应召女郎...
"or I box some rounds with Richie...
"或者去找克兰赛拳馆里那个波多黎各左撇子瑞奇...
"the Puerto Rican southpaw at Clancey's gym.
"跟他打上几个回合
"But tonight, Roy thought...
"但是今晚 罗伊想...
"once I smuggle this fucking plutonium out...
"等我把这些他妈的钚元素 偷带出去...
"I'm just going to drink some Scotch and hit the sack.
"我只想喝点苏格兰威士忌 然后睡上一觉。
"Roy had picked up Oliver at his science lab...
"罗伊在实验室里找到了奥立弗...
"and there he snagged the vials.
"在那里偷出了小瓶
"He stashed them in his computer case..."
"他把瓶子藏在电脑机箱里..."
My mom discovered an idea known as a living funeral...
我妈妈想到了一种叫做"生前葬礼"的主意...
in a book she read to help her with Robert dying.
这是她在一本教人应对丧偶之痛的书里看来的
It's where someone's family and friends gather...
在这种葬礼上亲戚朋友汇聚一堂...
like they might at the person's funeral...
就和出席真的葬礼一样...
only when the person's alive, so they can see everybody.
只不过葬礼的主角还活着 所以大家都能和他见面
- Hey, what's up? - What's up?
- 嘿 怎么样? - 怎么样?
Hey, what's the Nipper?
大钳是哪一天?
- What's that? - What's the Nipper this week?
- 那是什么? - 这星期的大钳是哪一天?
You don't know yet?
你还不知道?
What? I just asked you about the Nipper.
怎么了? 我只不过问问你大钳的事
Monday, okay? That's the... Okay?
星期一 好了吧? 那是...行了吧?
- What's your problem? - It's February, man. It's cold.
- 你出什么问题了? - 那么是星期二 挺冷的
- Fuck you, then. - Fuck you!
- 那就操你 - 操你!
Do you know what variance is?
你知道波动有多大吗?
You think you could pick out a day...
你以为你可以提前一周...
a week ahead and give a realistic... You know?
挑出一天 然后作现实的...你知道吗?
- Did you know that? - Weatherman!
- 你知道吗? - 气象先生!
I have to go see my kids!
我要去看我的孩子!
You put fucking pie shit on my coat!
你拿烂馅饼往我衣服上扔!
I have to see my kids with pie on me, man?
我只好身上沾着馅饼去看我的孩子了!
Go see your kids with shit on you!
你也身上沾着垃圾去看你孩子吧!
Hey, calm down, man!
嘿 别激动 老兄!
I have to see my family!
我得去看我的亲人!
- Hello? - Hello? Dave?
- 喂? - 喂? 戴维?
- What? - It's Mark Dersen from Hello America.
- 是谁? - 我是"你好美国"节目的马克·德尔讯
- Take care. - Okay.
- 保重 - 好的
We bought that in New York.
那衣服是我们在纽约买的
Yeah, I know. That's why I said it.
我知道 所以我才这么说
Noreen, I got offered the show. Hello America with Bryant Gumbel.
诺玲 他们让我演那个节目了"你好美国"和"布莱恩特·甘宝秀"
Well, that's great.
哦 那太好了
- Are you gonna take it? - I'm thinking about it.
- 你会接受吗? - 我还在考虑
It's a pretty substantial salary, and you know the venue. It's big.
薪水很高 你知道的 收入非常多
It's a pretty big salary jump, I guess.
我猜你的薪水要大涨了
$1 .2 million all in, Noreen.
合计120万美元 诺玲
Can we think about that?
我们可以考虑一下那件事吗?
What that kind of change could be like for everybody.
就是大家都高兴看到的改变
Mike, Shelly, you know?
迈克 雪丽 你明白吧?
If we thought about trying again.
即如我们考虑从头再来的话
Dave, I'm marrying Russ.
戴维 我就要和拉斯结婚了
Accuracy equals focusing on a point.
精确意味着集中于一点
Gravity pulls an inch a yard.
重力会使箭每飞一码就下坠一英寸
But you have to factor in wind...
但是必须考虑风的因素...
which is the most difficult part.
这是最难的部分
I had to go in anyway.
无论如何 我都得动身了
It was time for my speech.
要轮到我致词了
And that's what I know about Robert Spritzel.
这就是我所了解的罗伯特·斯普里泽
Forbearance, charity, wisdom.
稳重 宽厚 睿智
There are too few like him.
他这样的人实在太难得了
And now Robert's son, David.
现在由罗伯特的儿子戴维致词
Many of you came from long distances...
你们中有很多人是远道而来...
and I know I speak for my mom and Noreen...
我要代表我妈妈 诺玲...
and my family, Mike and Shelly, when I say thank you.
还有我的孩子迈克和雪丽 对你们表示感谢
When I think of my dad, I think of Bob Seger's Like a Rock.
每当我想到爸爸 我就会想起鲍勃·西格的《宛若山岩》
And then the power went out.
就在这时候停电了
Then, when the lights came back on in 40 minutes...
然后 当40分钟后灯光重新亮起...
everyone had pretty much forgotten that I was talking...
大家都忘记了我要致词...
and we never finished that part of the thing.
于是这部分仪式也就不了了之
So my speech was, "When I think of my dad...
所以我的致词就是...每当我想到爸爸...
"I think of Bob Seger's Like a Rock."
我就会想起鲍勃·西格的《宛若山岩》
That's all I said at my dad's living funeral...
这就是我在爸爸的生前葬礼上做的全部发言...
something about Bob Seger.
一句关于鲍勃·西格的话
You've reached 272- 7638. Please leave a message.
您拨通的是272- 7638 请留言
Dave, it's Mark Dersen from Hello America.
戴维 我是"你好美国"节目的马克·德尔讯
Can you give me a call back? I called a couple of times Friday...
可以给我回个电话吗? 星期五我打来好几次...
and I'm wondering why you haven't called me back.
不知道为什么你没回电
If I need to move down on my list, look, I need to know. Okay?
假如我必须考虑名单上的候补人选 请你给我个准信 好吗?
It's not "Hello, you know, whatever, Orlando."
这可不是开玩笑
Look. I'm still jacked about you, Dave.
我还是非常希望你来干 戴维
I just need to hear from you. Give me a call.
只要你给我个答复就行 给我回电吧
Your phone's ringing.
你的手机响了
Why aren't you getting it?
为什么你不接?
It's the Bryant Gumbel thing.
是布莱恩特·甘宝的那件事
So why aren't you getting it?
那你为什么不接?
Did you bring that stuff?
你把那东西拿来了吗?
You should get it.
你应该接电话的
It was a McDonald's hot apple pie.
这是麦当劳的香辣苹果派
They're not kidding.
他们没有骗人
The other thing that gets to people...
我想 导致人们扔馅饼的...
that leads to pies, I guess...
另一个原因是...
are these catch phrases we're required to use...
我们为了让节目吸引人...
to single the program out.
而使用的那些广告词
It gets under people's skin.
它会把人惹火
But the whole thing about all of it...
但是归根结底...
all the getting hit with stuff...
说到被人扔东西...
the whole thing is, who gets hit with a fucking pie, anyway?
最关键的是 什么样的人会被馅饼扔到?
Did anyone ever throw a pie at Thomas Jefferson?
有人朝托马斯·杰弗逊扔过馅饼吗?
Or Buzz Aldrin? I doubt it.
巴兹·奥尔德林呢? 我想没有
But this is like the ninth time I got...
可我好像已经是第九次被扔...
Clowns get hit with pies.
小丑才会被馅饼扔到
- Fuck! - I'm Mike's father! Here's your shit!
- 操! - 我是迈克的父亲! 这是你的狗屁东西!
I saw you buy this at the mall on North Avenue!
我看见你在北方大道的商场买的!
And I'm telling the cops, too!
我也会这么跟警察说!
So you can cut your crap about Mike jacking your wallet!
所以你趁早收回那些屁话! 迈克才没偷你的钱包!
He's just a kid. See!
他还是个孩子 明白吗!
He looks grown, but he's just a kid!
他个头挺大 可还是个孩子!
You fucking asshole.
你这混账王八蛋
I mean, I'll bet no one ever threw a pie at, like...
我敢打赌 从来没人拿馅饼砸过...
Harriet Tubman, the founder of the Underground Railroad.
"地下铁道"的创建人哈丽特·塔布曼
I'll bet you a million fucking dollars.
我敢跟你赌一百万美元
The first time I was struck with something...
我第一次挨砸...
a chicken breast from Kenny Rogers...
是肯尼·罗杰斯店的鸡块...
I was standing next to a garbage pail.
那时我正站在垃圾桶边上
I thought it might've been an accident, that they were throwing it out.
我还以为那不是有意的 他们只是想扔垃圾
The second time, it hit me square on the chin...
第二次 正中我的下巴...
Shit people would rather throw out than finish.
那些混蛋吃不完就宁可扔掉
It's easy. It tastes all right...
快餐很容易做 味道也还可以...
but it doesn't really provide you any nourishment.
但是一点营养都没有
- Did you see him? - Yeah.
- 你见过他了? - 对
Am I gonna get in trouble? I didn't do anything.
我会有麻烦吗? 我什么都没做
You're not in trouble. I took care of it.
你不会有麻烦了 我已经摆平了
I let him know we're not messing around.
让他知道我们不是省油的灯
I caught him one clean one for sure, on the forehead...
我正好砸中他的额头...
and then I fucking whaled on him.
然后又给他一顿臭揍
He's not going to say you stole anything, and you're not in trouble.
他不会再说你偷他东西了 你不会有麻烦了
- What are you eating? - Corn dog.
- 你吃的是什么? - 玉米热狗
You're a kid, Mike. Fuck.
你是个孩子 迈克 妈的
- I'm not a kid. - You are a kid.
- 我不是孩子了 - 你是个孩子
Don't put yourself in grown- up situations again until you're a grown- up.
别再掺和大人的事情 等你真正长大再说
- Okay. - Okay?
- 好 - 好吗?
- Do you want me to get you a corn dog? - What? no.
- 要我给你买个玉米热狗吗? - 什么? 不要
What do you want?
那你要吃什么?
- Are you all right? - Yeah.
- 你还好吧? - 嗯
I just wanted you to...
我只是想让你...
Working for peanuts
辛勤工作赚点小钱
Not a dime to spare
从来都是省不下一点
But I was lean and solid everywhere
但是我年轻力壮 筋骨强健
I don't really get it.
我不是很明白你的话
Am I following it?
我没听错吧?
It was just a lead up to other things I wanted to say.
那只是一段开场白 我还有很多别的话要说
To what I felt was right
从不改变
I wanted to talk about that part...
我就是想拿这一段...
I was strong as I could be
我尽量坚强
That's terrific. That's a remarkable income.
太好了 那份薪水高得很啊
That's more money than I ever made, that salary.
比我挣过的还多
That's quite an American accomplishment.
这是典型的美国式成功
I can't knuckle down.
我没法专心工作
Noreen's marrying Russ.
诺玲要和拉斯结婚了
There's nothing to knuckle down on, so...
我再工作也没什么意思了 所以...
I can't fucking knuckle down.
我他妈的没法专心工作
I just saw Mike's counselor.
我刚才去找了迈克的辅导员
Mike mentioned that you were gonna fix this business up.
迈克说过 你要去摆平那件事
He's in no trouble?
他现在不会有麻烦了吧?
- You certain? - Don't worry.
- 你肯定? - 别担心
You always worry about your kids...
人总是会担心自己的孩子...
no matter how old.
不管年纪多大
There's always looking after.
总是有要照看的东西
I was going to do some more work on it, then I chucked it.
我本来想做些修改 后来就把它扔了
- You chucked it. - Garbage.
- 你把它扔了 - 垃圾
It's just what I do, David.
我也是这么干的 戴维
I've practiced and I've gotten good.
我练过好多次 后来就会写了
Like you and the weather business.
你做天气预报也是这样
But I don't predict it.
可我不是在预报
Nobody does, 'cause it's just wind. It's wind.
没人能预报 因为那就是风...风呀
It blows all over the place!
到处乱刮的!
I have to go to work.
我得去工作了
This shit life...
对这种狗屎人生...
we must chuck some things.
我们必须扔掉一些东西
We must chuck them...
我们必须扔掉它们...
in this shit life.
在这种狗屎人生里
There's always looking after.
总是有要照看的东西
Pretty soon after Robert's living funeral, we had his real one.
罗伯特的生前葬礼过了没多久 我们就给他办了真正的葬礼
I'm sorry for your loss.
节哀顺变
That's a lovely thing to say to me.
这话说得真好
Where'd you hear that?
从哪儿听来的?
I'm glad one of you brought an umbrella.
还好你们俩有一个带伞了
I had a feeling it was going to rain today.
我预感今天会下雨
You're not going to take my job, are you?
你不会也干我这行吧?
no. I'm going to be a cameraman for Monday Night Football.
不 我打算给"星期一晚间橄榄球"栏目做摄影师
There are a great many of Robert's friends here, even in winter.
虽然时值严冬 还是有许多罗伯特的朋友赶来了
I think it's because Robert was unusual.
我想这是因为罗伯特非同凡响
I think that's what brought so many of you out.
这就是这么多人来这里的原因
A loving husband and father for 40 years.
他在40年里一直是深情的丈夫和慈爱的父亲
And a good friend to some of you for longer.
和你们某些人的深厚友谊则更长
I'm sure that's why we appreciated and loved Robert.
我相信正因为如此我们才会深深感激和爱戴着罗伯特
I remember once...
我记得以前...
imagining what my life would be like, what I'd be like.
我设想过自己的人生会是什么样子 我自己会是什么样子
I pictured having all these qualities.
我想象自己拥有所有这些品质
Strong, positive qualities...
优良的品质...
that people could pick up on from across a room.
可以让人出类拔萃的品质
But as time passed...
但是随着岁月流逝...
few ever became any qualities I actually had.
这些品质我差不多一个也没得到
And all the possibilities I faced, and the sorts of people I could be...
而我当初面对的各种可能性和我可能成为的各式人等...
all of them got reduced every year to fewer and fewer...
也在年复一年地减少...
until finally they got reduced to one...
最后终于只剩下一种...
And that's who I am...
那就是现在的我...
But first Dave Spritz has the check of our national weather. Dave.
首先还是让戴维·斯普里兹看看全国的天气情况 戴维
Well, thanks, Bryant. Well, it feels like spring if you're in the Northeast.
多谢 布莱恩特 现在如果你身处东北部 就会感到温暖如春
Is it gonna last? Let's take a look.
这样的天气会持续下去吗? 让我们看一下
We've got a warm weather system to thank for these high temperatures...
我们能得到这样的温暖天气 要感谢一个暖气团...
Mike, you ready for school?
迈克 你可以上学了吧?
You're gonna get it!
你跑不了的!
- Bye, Shelly. - Bye, Mom.
- 再见 雪丽 - 再见 妈妈
That's your national weather. I'll be back with your local focus...
全国的天气情况就是这样 稍后我会...
at the bottom of the hour.
给大家预报各地的天气
- Hey, are you Dave Spritz? - Yeah.
- 嘿 你是戴维·斯普里兹吧? - 是的
- Can I get your autograph? - Sure.
- 可以给我签名吗? - 当然可以
So is it going to rain today?
今天会下雨吗?
Hey, Hello America.
你好 美国
I've been doing the show for a few months.
我出演这个节目已经有几个月了
People don't throw things at me anymore...
人们再也没有朝我扔过东西...
maybe because I carry a bow around.
可能是因为我带着弓箭到处跑吧
I go back to Chicago weekends...
每到周末我就回芝加哥...
keep it steady with Mike and Shelly...
和迈克还有雪丽保持关系...
come back, do the weather. So... Forecast?
然后再回来做天气节目...预报?
Another man is with my family.
另一个人和我的亲人住在一起
Things didn't work out the way I predicted.
和我预想的是两码事
Accepting that's not easy...
接受这个现实并不容易...
but easy doesn't enter into grown- up life.
但是成年人的生活里本来就没有容易二字
I'll take this American accomplishment.
我会接受这种美国式成功的
That's where I live...
这就是我现在的处境...
behind Fire Brigade 47. Okay.
排在47消防队后面 行啊
But in front of SpongeBob.
但是在棉球方块前面