What I love about Nicole...
我之所以爱妮可…
she makes people feel comfortable about even embarrassing things.
即便是令人尴尬的事 她也能让大家感到自在
Hey, you look like you care about animals.
你看上去很关爱动物
She really listens when someone is talking.
当别人诉说时 她总能认真倾听
- Do you want to sign up here? - You know what? I...
- 愿意登记一下吗 - 其实我…
It's funny, I actually signed up for this
真巧 我登记过了
but I never heard from you guys.
但我从没有收到过回复
Sometimes she listens too much for too long.
有时她会因此花费太多的时间
Okay, if you email me here...
好吧 如果你给我发电邮…
Thank you so much. Have a good day. Good luck.
非常感谢 祝你今天愉快 祝好运
She's a good citizen.
她是个好市民
- Just call him. - I'm not calling.
- 打给他就好 - 我不打
She always knows the right thing to do
当遇到棘手的家庭琐事时
when it comes to difficult family shit.
她总能知道该如何处理
I get stuck in my ways,
当我犹豫不决时
and she knows when to push me and when to leave me alone.
她知道何时该推我一把 何时该让我一个人静静
She cuts all our hair.
我们的头发都是她剪
She's always inexplicably
她总是莫名其妙地
brewing a cup of tea that she doesn't drink.
泡一杯茶 却不喝
And it's not easy for her to put away a sock, or close a cabinet,
对她来说 把袜子收好 或关上柜门 或洗碗
or do a dish, but she tries for me.
都不容易 但她会为了我努力去做
Nicole grew up in LA around actors,
妮可在洛杉矶长大 身边都是演员
and directors, and movies, and TV,
导演 电影和电视
and is very close to her mother, Sandra,
她和她的母亲桑德拉
and Cassie, her sister.
以及她姐姐凯茜感情很好
Note the wrapping.
仔细看看包装
Nicole gives great presents.
妮可很会挑选礼物
She is a mother who plays, really plays.
她作为母亲 会用心地陪孩子玩耍
- Lizard? - Yeah.
- 蜥蜴吗 - 是的
She never steps off playing or says it's too much.
她从不厌烦 或对孩子说玩过头了
- Mom. - And it must be too much some of the time.
- 妈妈 - 有时候肯定是玩过头了
"...chopped down a Christmas tree..."
"砍下了一颗圣诞树…"
Nice. Two, three, four... What?
很好 二 三 四 什么
Are you kidding me? I was just in jail!
这是在逗我吗 我刚坐过牢
- Do not laugh at me! Stop it! - She's competitive.
- 别笑话我 别笑了 - 她争强好胜
She's amazing at opening jars because of her strong arms,
她胳膊很有力 很会开罐头
which I've always found very sexy.
我觉得她这一点很性感
She keeps the fridge over-full.
她总是把冰箱塞得满满的
No one is ever hungry in our house.
不会饿着家里任何一个人
She can drive a stick.
她会开手动挡
After that movie, All Over The Girl,
出演了那部叫《情迷少女》的电影后
she could have stayed in LA and been a movie star,
她本可以留在洛杉矶成为一名电影明星
but she gave that up to do theater with me in New York.
但她放弃了这个机会 跟我到纽约去演戏剧
You might as well get what you paid for.
别让你花了冤枉钱
She's a great dancer.
舞技超群
Infectious. She makes me wish I could dance.
很有感染力 她让我也希望自己会跳舞
She always says when she doesn't know something,
当她不知道什么事 或是没有看过某本书
or hasn't read a book, or seen a film or a play,
某部电影或某部剧时 她都直言不讳
whereas I fake it or say something
而我却会信口开河
like I haven't seen it in awhile.
或是假装自己有一段时间没看了
My crazy ideas are her favorite things
她最喜欢把我的疯狂想法
to figure out how to execute.
付诸实践
but also standing.
但同时又站着
She's my favorite actress.
她是我最喜欢的女演员
What I love about Charlie...
我之所以爱查理…
Charlie is undaunted.
查理无所畏惧
He never lets other people's opinions or any setbacks
他从不会因为别人的观点或任何挫折
keep him from what he wants to do.
而放弃自己想做的事
And he liked me, so...
他喜欢我 所以…
Charlie eats like he's trying to get it over with
查理吃东西时总是速战速决
and like there won't be enough food for everyone.
就像有人跟他抢似的
A sandwich is to be strangled while devoured.
吃三明治时总是狼吞虎咽
Is your sweater on backwards?
你的毛衣是不是穿反了
But he's incredibly neat,
但他极其注意整洁
and I rely on him to keep things in order.
我要靠他才能让一切井井有条
He's energy-conscious.
他很有节能意识
He doesn't look in the mirror too often.
他不经常照镜子
I cried four times.
我哭了四次
He cries easily in movies.
他看电影时很容易落泪
I wonder if it was the same four.
不知道我们哭的是不是同一个地方
He's very self-sufficient. He can darn a sock,
他非常自立 他会补袜子
and cook himself dinner, and iron a shirt.
给自己做晚饭 烫衬衣
How are we doing over here?
你弄得怎么样了
The peppers are cut.
甜椒切好了
He rarely gets defeated, which...
他很少会有挫败感
I feel like I always do.
而我却经常有
I've got some carrots.
我这还有几根胡萝卜
Charlie takes all of my moods steadily.
查理从容地接纳我所有情绪
He doesn't give in to them or make me feel bad about them.
他不会被我的这些情绪影响 或让我因此难堪
He's a great dresser.
他很会穿搭
He never looks embarrassing, which is hard for a man.
他从不会打扮不得体 男人很难做到这一点
Goddamn it, Charlie, get it together!
该死的 查理 振作起来
He's very competitive.
他非常争强好胜
- What's this? Who owns Baltic Avenue? - Me.
- 这是什么 波罗的海大道是谁的 - 我的
- I don't have enough. - $450.
- 我的钱不够了 - 四百五
Okay, so I'm done? I'm done, right? That's it?
好吧 那我破产了 对吗 游戏结束了
This is so frustrating!
太不爽了
This is so frustrating. I always lose.
太不爽了 总是我输
- Dad. - He loves being a dad.
- 爸爸 - 他很喜欢当爸爸
He loves all the things you're supposed to hate,
他喜欢一切本应遭人讨厌的事情
like the tantrums, the waking up at night.
例如孩子耍性子或半夜醒来
I had a bad dream.
我做了个噩梦
It's almost annoying how much he likes it,
他如此热衷于这些事 几乎都让人生厌了
but... then, it's mostly nice.
但是 大多数情况还是挺好的
He disappears into his own world.
他总是沉浸在自己的世界里
- What's "shit?" - This is our stop.
- 什么是"见鬼" - 我们到站了
He and Henry are alike in that way.
他和亨利这点很像
He can tell people when they have food
有人牙齿上或脸上沾了食物
in their teeth or on their face
他都会以一种
in a way that doesn't make them feel bad.
不会让人难堪的方式指出
Charlie is self-made.
查理白手起家
I only met them once, but...
我只见过一次 但是…
he told me there was a lot of alcohol
他告诉我他小时候
and some violence in his childhood.
父母经常酗酒 有时还很暴力
As soon as she comes with a lookout,
她一出来望风
they're coming with a camcorder.
他们就拿摄像机跟上
Camcorder. Is that what they're called?
摄像机 是这么叫的吧
He moved to New York from Indiana with no safety net,
他没给自己留退路就从印第安纳州搬到了纽约
and now he's more New Yorker than any New Yorker.
现在他比任何纽约人都更像纽约人
- I made sure they used the right almond milk. - Genius.
- 我确保他们用了对的杏仁奶 - 有才
He's brilliant at creating family out of whoever is around.
无论跟谁在一起 他都很擅长营造家的氛围
With the theater company, he cast a spell
在剧团里 他就像施了魔咒一般
that made everyone feel included.
让所有人都很有归属感
No one, not even an intern, was unimportant.
所有人都同等重要 哪怕是实习生也一样
He could remember all the inside jokes.
他能记住所有圈内笑话
And where do you go when it's windy?
刮风天你会去哪
Oh, yeah, that... that was funny.
好吧 很好笑
He's extremely organized and thorough.
他做事非常有条理 极其细致
He's very clear about what he wants,
他非常清楚自己想要什么
unlike me, who can't always tell.
不像我 有时会搞不清楚
Let's stop right there.
先停一下
I-I'm not going to read this out loud.
我不会把它念出来的
Because I don't like what I wrote.
因为我不喜欢我写的东西
As we mediate your separation
当我们调解你们的分居
and eventual divorce,
以及最后的离婚时
things can get quite contentious.
事情会变得相当有争议
So, I like to begin with a note of positivity,
所以 我希望先从回忆对方好的一面开始
for the people I work with to remember
让我的客户想起
why they got married in the first place.
他们当初结婚的理由
And so that, as you come apart,
这样 当你们分开时
you're reminded that...
你们就会记起
this is a person you had great feeling for,
你曾对这个人有过深厚的感情
and maybe still do in many ways.
或许在很多方面依旧如此
I'll read mine. I like what I wrote.
我来读我的吧 我喜欢我写的
For it to really work,
你们都得读出来
you both have to read.
才有效果
I just think it's a shame
我觉得这很可惜
that you guys aren't going to get to hear,
你们写下了对彼此的美好回忆
uh, the wonderful things you wrote about each other.
却没有机会听到
She always says I can't write, but I think mine's pretty good.
她总说我不会写作 但我觉得我写得非常好
Nicole, maybe you'd change your mind once you heard Charlie's.
妮可 或许你听了查理写的会改变主意
I don't want to hear Charlie's.
我不想听查理写了什么
We promised to listen.
我们之前说好要听的
That's the very first step in this process.
这是这个过程的第一步
Well, I think I'm going to go
如果你们俩
if you two are going to just sit around and
要坐在这儿一唱一和
suck each other's dicks.
那我还是走吧
How can this evil allow moderation?
如此罪恶怎会节制
How can it be right to betray the departed?
背叛亡者怎会是正义的
How is it human to be so...
人类怎可变得如此…
I want no praise from impious men.
我不需要不虔诚者的赞赏
No home with them of quiet ease.
不要与他们安然共处一屋
Noble blood still runs in my veins.
我的血管之中仍流淌着高尚的血液
Shall I fail my father...
我要辜负我的父亲…
stifling my cries,
压抑自己的哭泣
clipping the wings of grief?
斩断悲伤的翅膀吗
Must his corpse in the ground wretchedly waste away,
难道他的尸首注定要在土里不幸地腐败
feebly count for nothing?
眼睁睁地化为乌有吗
Must his killers gloat...
难道杀害他的凶手注定会幸灾乐祸…
Must his killers gloat,
难道杀害他的凶手注定会幸灾乐祸
never to pay with blood, for blood...
永远不用血债血偿…
Charlie gave me the note, but it's really for you.
查理把点评语给了我 但其实是给你的
- He told me to pick up my cues. - How is that for me?
- 他要我不要卡壳 - 怎么会是给我的
Acting is reacting.
演戏就是回应
I'm responding to you. You're slowing me down.
我在回应你 你拖慢了我的节奏
Frank, it's closing night, you know.
弗兰克 今晚是最后一场演出 你知道的
You don't think Charlie and Nicole will ever get back together?
你觉得查理和妮可永远不会复合了吗
No, I think this time it's really over.
对 我觉得这次真的结束了
It still feels weird. I feel like my parents are splitting up.
还是有点奇怪 我觉得就像我爸妈要离婚一样
It's always been "Charlie and Nicole."
一直都是"查理和妮可"
- Is Charlie still giving notes? - Yep.
- 查理还会给点评语吗 - 会
You're lucky, Nic. I wish I was going to LA.
你真幸运 妮可 真希望我也能去洛杉矶
You can actually have space in LA. There's no space here.
洛杉矶空间很大 这里太拥挤了
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
I want to make a toast
我想敬…
and to our beloved Nicole,
还有我们亲爱的妮可
who is going to be going out on a new adventure,
她即将到阳光灿烂的加州
all the way to sunny California.
展开一段新的冒险
And we are also going to try something new.
我们也准备尝试新的事物
We are going to take our play to Broadway.
我们的剧目要在百老汇上演了
It reminds me of when I was a young person
让我想起我自己年轻的时候
and went to Broadway for the first time.
第一次去百老汇的情景
And I'm telling you,
我跟你们说
winning your first Tony at 27,
在27岁就赢得你的第一座托尼奖
it can mess with your head.
这会冲昏你的头脑
I mean, I was just a baby.
我那时还只是个小毛孩
Elia Kazan was backstage...
伊利亚·卡赞在后台
I'm going to go over there now.
我要过去了
- Don't do it. Mary Ann? - elbowing Mike Nichols.
- 别去 玛丽·安 - 用肘推着迈克·尼科尔斯
And Mike was chatting with Dietrich,
而迈克在跟迪特里希聊天
and Marlene, you know, she usually was a barrel of monkeys,
而玛琳 她通常特别风趣
but tonight she was very, very serious.
但那晚她非常非常严肃
Could you give me a second?
稍等我一下好吗
Well, I'd have to study it, but...
我得做些研究 不过…
I didn't expect you guys home until late.
我以为你们很晚才会回来
- How's he doing? - Good, good. He went to bed on time.
- 他怎么样 - 挺乖的 准时就去睡觉了
Read him some of Cricket in Times Square.
我给他读了一段《时代广场的蟋蟀》
God, you guys are so attractive.
天 你们真是太好看了
Shit. Sorry, I didn't stop that from being said.
该死 抱歉 我没忍住说出来了
I'll pay for the whole time.
我会按完整工时付钱
We decided to come home early.
是我们自己要早点回来的
Hey, thanks. And also the travel time...
谢谢 还有来回路上的时间
...conversation as well as anybody, but I've gotta run.
…跟其他人一样聊天 但我得走了
...if you know what I mean.
如果你懂我的意思的话
- Y-You're leaving? - Well, I ain't moving in.
- 你要走了吗 - 反正我没打算搬进来
We'll be back when you get your...
我们很快回来…
If you don't like that mediator, we'll find another one.
要是你不喜欢那个调解人 我们就再找一个
Yeah. - W-We might not need a mediator.
- 好 - 我们可能根本不需要调解人
We'll just split everything anyway, I don't care.
反正我们把东西分了就行 我无所谓
- Me neither. - You can have most of it.
- 我也无所谓 - 大部分都可以归你
We'll get apartments near each other, make it easier for Henry.
我们要住得近点 让亨利更容易接受
We'll figure it out.
我们会解决好的
- We want the same things. - Right.
- 我们的目标是一致的 - 对
In the meantime, the pilot will be fun for you.
话说 那个试播集一定很有意思吧
You don't think it's bad, do you?
你不会觉得那剧本很糟吧
I don't ever watch TV, so, you know, I can't tell.
我根本不看电视 所以我也没法判断
I told Henry I'd come out to LA in two weeks to see him.
我跟亨利说了两周后去洛杉矶看他
I can tell you want to give me a note.
我能看出来你想给我点评语
Yeah... I mean, yes, I do, but I guess...
好吧 确实是 但我觉得…
I guess it doesn't matter now.
我觉得现在可能已经不重要了
You won't be with the show anymore.
你不会再参加我们的演出了
You're not going to be able to sleep until you tell me.
你不告诉我的话肯定睡不着
So, there are two things.
是这样 有两点
I thought your posture at the top
我觉得你在第七幕开场时的姿势
of scene seven is still too dignified.
还是太端着了
- Okay. - And then...
- 好吧 - 还有就是…
at the end, I could tell you were pushing for the emotion.
在结尾时 我能看出来你在强挤情绪
Well, you know I can't cry on stage,
你知道我在舞台上哭不出来
and I know you don't like it when I fake it, but...
我也知道你不喜欢我假装 但…
I thought maybe tonight it would come, but...
我以为今晚也许能哭出来 但…
Thanks for indulging me.
谢谢你迁就我
Good night, Charlie.
晚安 查理
This is the day that the Lord has made
这是主选定的日子
That the Lord has made
是主选定的日子
Let us rejoice and be glad in it
让我们狂欢庆祝 尽情欢乐
Mom. This is the day
妈就是今日
G-ma, summer is for relaxing. This is the day
外婆 暑假是用来休息的就是今日
G-ma, summer is for relaxing.
外婆 暑假是用来休息的
This is the day... G-ma, summer is for relaxing.
就是今日外婆 暑假是用来休息的
What do you want to do today? This is the day...
你今天想做些什么就是今日
What do you want to do today?
你今天想做些什么
Hang out and relax with you.
跟你一起边玩边休息
- Me too. - No relaxing.
- 我也是 - 不能休息
Nicole has a hair and makeup test today,
妮可今天要去试妆发造型
and Henry, we got you into Fairy Camp with the cousins.
而亨利 我们给你和表兄妹们报名了童话营
I hate Fairy Camp.
我讨厌童话营
Cassie says everyone likes Fairy Camp,
凯西说大家都喜欢童话营
and I think this is true.
我觉得是真的
Henry, go make your mom some coffee like I taught you.
亨利 照我教你的 去给妈妈冲杯咖啡
Mom, wait till you taste my coffee.
妈妈 等着尝我的咖啡吧
Do you always sleep together? Even in New York?
你们总是一起睡觉吗 在纽约也这样
No, it's just for right now while we go through this transition.
不 只是最近这样 毕竟我们还处于过渡阶段
Don't tell Charlie when he gets here.
查理来了可别告诉他
He hates co-sleeping.
他讨厌孩子跟大人一起睡
Well, I have to say, I agree with Charlie.
我得说 我支持查理
Surprise surprise.
真是"没想到"
- It's as if... - Jesus, it's early.
- 就好像… - 天 这么早
you have exploded......into this room.
你从天而降砸了进来
I can do this part alone.
这种事我可以自己来
Fine. I won't look.
好吧 我不看
As long as you're in my house, wake up is at 6:30 a.m.,
只要你在我家 起床时间就是六点半
and until you know what you want to do,
在你想明白你想做什么之前
we're going to do what I like to do.
我们就得做我想做的事
I can't just go from what Charlie
我不能从以前凡事都顺着查理
wanted to do to what you want to do.
变成以后凡事都顺着你
Even though I'm 64
虽然我64岁了
and have a dead gay husband,
还有个死了的同志丈夫
I manage to get up every day,
我仍然能做到每天起床
live my life, and feel pretty good about myself.
过我的生活 并且对自己感到很满意
So, maybe your mom knows a thing or two.
所以 也许你妈还是懂点什么的
You know what I would do?
你知道我会怎么做吗
When Charlie gets here, I'd whisk him off to Palm Springs.
等查理来了 我会立马带他去棕榈泉
That's what your father and I did whenever we hit a speed bump.
我和你爸遇到瓶颈时就会这么做
Didn't you walk in on Dad blowing the porter in Palm Springs?
你不是撞见爸爸在棕榈泉给看门的吹箫吗
And I always regretted getting so upset about it.
我一直很后悔当时那么生气
Charlie and I are getting a divorce, Mom.
我和查理要离婚了 妈
There's nothing for us in Palm Springs.
棕榈泉解决不了问题
You need to wash your face before you go to sleep.
你睡觉前得洗洗脸
When Daddy gets here,
等爸爸来了
- maybe we could all go on the Jaws ride. - Yeah.
- 也许我们可以一起去坐大白鲨游船 - 好
Or I could go once with Daddy and once with you,
我也可以跟爸爸去一次 再跟你去一次
because I wouldn't mind going twice anyway.
反正我也不介意去两次
No, we'll all go together, sweetheart.
不 我们都一起去 亲爱的
Did you know that Universal Studios
你知道吗 环球影城
is where I did my first screen test?
也是我第一次试镜的地方
On the plane, I re-read the pilot as if I were Charlie reading it,
在飞机上 我用查理的视角读了试播集剧本
and I started to think it was just bad.
我有点觉得简直太烂了
My agent says it's one to watch.
我的经纪人说值得一看
- This coffee is good. Thank you. - You're welcome.
- 这咖啡确实不错 谢谢 - 不客气
What if Charlie is on Broadway
万一查理带着我原创的剧
with a play I brought him, which I originated,
去了百老汇
and I'm just doing bad TV?
而我却在演烂剧怎么办
Everyone is only impressed when they see someone on TV.
大家只会佩服能上电视的人
- She's beautiful. - Her wig looks great.
- 她真美 - 她的假发看起来很棒
Where's she been the past ten years?
过去十年她都在哪
Doing weird theater in New York, downtown shit.
在纽约演些奇怪的戏剧 下城区的东西
- I saw one. It rained onstage. - Can I say something?
- 我看过一场 台上下雨了 - 我能说句话吗
It was good. Edgy.
挺棒的 前卫
Directed by her husband, supposedly very controlling.
她丈夫是导演 据说控制欲非常强
- We're lucky to have her. - I'm surprised she said yes.
- 她能来是我们的幸运 - 我没想到她会答应
We can thank her divorce.
我们该感谢她的离婚
Can she move her hand?
她的手能调整下位置吗
It's going to be hard to roto in the hair on the baby around her fingers.
要做出孩子的头发跟她手指交错的效果会有点难
Can... you move your hand further down the baby?
你能把手再往孩子身体下方挪一点吗
- Where? Like here? - Off the head entirely.
- 哪里 这里吗 - 完全离开头部
I have to support his head.
我得支撑住他的头
No, no, support the head, of course.
不 当然要支撑住头
Just try and do it from the... shoulders?
只是试着…从肩膀的位置去支撑
- It's perfect. - Yes, good.
- 完美 - 是的 很好
I can't hold a baby like this.
我不能这么抱孩子
She's right, that's going to look weird.
她是对的 看起来会很奇怪
No, we can totally do it. It just gonna take time...
不 完全可以 只是需要点时间去…
It was very important to me to have this show based on hard science.
这部剧必须符合自然科学的原理 这很重要
So we can see your pretty face
这样我们就能看到你美丽的脸
You should've seen me before the plants invaded.
你应该看看植物入侵前我的样子
I say that with respect.
我这是出于敬意
I was raised by two mothers.
我是被两个妈妈养大的
Can you lower the board please, Pablo?
能把反光板放低点吗 帕布罗
Here? How about here?
这样呢 这样行吗
Why is there always a flirty grip?
怎么到哪都会有个撩妹的器械师
I can do anything you want.
你们想要什么效果都行
I just need her here two hours before...
我只需要她提前两小时…
Can I say something?
我能说句话吗
Dennis, hold on. What, honey?
丹尼斯 稍等 怎么了 亲爱的
She has to know how to hold a baby.
她得知道怎么抱婴儿
- Later on, after she kills Donny... - She kills Donny?
- 后面等她杀了唐尼 - 她杀了唐尼
That's a secret. We didn't give the crew those pages.
这是秘密 我们没把那几页给剧组
...she becomes a sort of a Earth mother to the plant community.
她成了植物界的某种大地母亲
That's not going to make any sense
要是她对自己的孩子来说是个坏母亲
if we feel like she's a bad mother to her own kid.
这逻辑就不能自洽了
- She's right. - Does Donny know?
- 她说得对 - 唐尼知道吗
Must be nice to get out of New York.
能离开纽约感觉一定很好
Well, I'm from out here.
我本来就是这里的人
Our daughter, Mia, is at NYU, living in a shoebox.
我们的女儿米娅在纽约大学 住在一个小屋子里
She says it went up to 104 the other day.
她说有一次热得都有40度了
- We are just so excited to have you. - I'm excited to be here.
- 我们很激动能请到你 - 我也很激动能来
We're going for an early aughts aesthetic,
我们要走本世纪早期的审美风格
so having your presence just nails that.
你能来就更有保障了
What signifies early aughts?
本世纪早期的审美有什么特点
Into The Girl was on TV...
《爱上少女》之前在电视上播出了…
- All Over The Girl. - ...or streaming or something.
- 是《情迷少女》 - 或是什么流媒体之类的
You are fucking hot in that movie.
你在那部电影里太他妈性感了
- Carol. - Fuck it, I speak my mind.
- 卡罗 - 去他的 我说的是心里话
We're not allowing our son to see it.
不能让我们的儿子看
Because you show your tits.
因为你露奶了
- Carol! - Yeah.
- 卡罗 - 是啊
- Dennis. - This is Carter Mitchum.
- 丹尼斯 - 这是卡特·米切姆
He's a futurist at UCLA.
他是加大洛杉矶分校的未来学家
He's consulting on all the environmental stuff for the show
他是剧里所有环境相关细节的顾问
so it's accurate.
以确保细节准确无误
- Nice to meet you. - Is it?
- 很高兴见到你 - 做到了吗
- What? - Accurate?
- 什么 - 准确
So far, none of it.
目前为止 完全没做到
This pilot will go. So get ready to move back to LA.
这试播集肯定能过 准备好搬回洛杉矶吧
Listen, everything you were saying
听着 你刚才在那边说的一切
back there was absolutely right.
都非常正确
If she's a bad mom, we lose the audience. - Nobody knows we're killing Donny,
- 如果她不是个好母亲 我们就会失去观众 - 没人知道我们会写死唐尼
- including Donny. - I... I thought...
- 包括唐尼自己 - 我以为…
Let us know if you'd like to be part of our writer's room.
要是你想参与我们的编剧工作 一定要告诉我们
I bet you'd be really helpful, actually.
我相信你一定能帮上大忙
Or I could direct.
或者我也可以当导演
- No, yeah. - Sorry, what? Maybe that sounds crazy.
- 可以啊 - 抱歉 可能听起来有点疯狂
No, do you have a reel?
不会 你有执导的样片吗
No, because I've... I've never done it.
没有 我没实操过
I watched my husband do it for years.
但我看我丈夫做了这么多年了
Almost ex-husband.
就快是前夫了
What's the opposite of fiancé?
未婚夫的反义词是什么
Dennis and I will talk to your agent about it.
我和丹尼斯会跟你的经纪人聊聊
At our theater I always wanted to direct,
在剧团的时候我就一直想试着执导
and then Charlie would say something like,
然后查理就会说一些
"The next one," but he was always the director,
"下次让你来"之类的话 但导演一直都是他
so there never was a next one.
所以永远不会有"下次"
I don't know. Maybe if we'd stayed married, there would've been.
谁知道呢 要是我们不离婚 也许会有吧
Yeah, no. We're going to kill him off. It seems unlikely...
不 我们要写死他 看起来不太可能…
I'm going to give you a number.
我要给你一个号码
Okay, is it a therapist? Because I have a therapist.
行啊 是心理医生吗 是的话我已经有了
Well, it's my mom's therapist. We share her.
其实是我妈的心理医生 我们共用一个
She's a lawyer. She represented me when I left Dennis.
她是个律师 我和丹尼斯离婚时就是找她代理的
You and Dennis are divorced?
你和丹尼斯离婚了
You still work together.
你们还在一起工作
Oh, no, he's a fucking cocksucker.
才不好 他就是个王八蛋
Nora got me half of this project in the settlement.
诺拉帮我争取到了这个项目的一半
Well, we talked about doing it without lawyers.
我们说过不请律师的
My sister had me meet a bunch of them already,
我妹妹已经让我见了几位
and I... just... hated them.
我讨厌他们
She saved my life.
她挽救了我的人生
look so schleppy.
看起来这么邋遢
I had an event at my kid's school.
我刚参加完孩子在学校的活动
Let me get this out of the way.
我就直说了吧
I think you're a wonderful actress.
我觉得你是个很出色的演员
I loved All Over The Girl,
我很喜欢《情迷少女》
but the theater stuff too...
还有那些戏剧…
You saw the theater stuff?
你看过我的剧
I was in New York last year for my book,
我去年在纽约宣传我的书
which, remind me to give you a copy,
对了 记得问我要一本
and my publisher took me.
我的出版商带我去看的
- Thank you. - You are awesome.
- 谢谢 - 你太厉害了
- Well, Charlie directed it. - I know.
- 是查理导演的 - 我知道
They're moving it to Broadway.
他们要去百老汇演出了
Well, without me, of course.
当然 不带我
He was lucky to have you.
有你这样的妻子是他的福气
You take some breaths.
深呼吸
And while you do, I'm going to tell you about myself.
与此同时 我做个自我介绍
If you should choose to hire me,
如果你选择雇我
I will work tirelessly for you,
我会不知疲倦地为你工作
and I'm always available by phone or text,
你随时可以打电话或发短信联系我
except when I'm with my kids.
除了我带孩子的时候
I insist on doing drop off and pick up every day at school.
我坚持每天到学校接送孩子
- I understand. - I've been through this myself.
- 我理解 - 我也经历过这些
Thank you Annie. So...
谢谢 安妮 所以…
I know how it feels.
我知道你的感受
- You do? - Yes.
- 是吗 - 是的
I have a kid from my ex, who is a narcissistic artist...
我和我前夫有个孩子 我前夫是个自恋的艺术家
and verbally abusive.
还存在语言暴力
I'm now with a great boyfriend who lives in Malibu.
我现在有个住在马里布的好男友
Well, Charlie's not terrible.
查理不坏的
But they ravish you with attention in the beginning...
但他们起初为了得到你的欢心而对你关怀备至
and then once we have babies, we become the mom
等我们有了孩子 成了妈妈
and... they get sick of us.
他们就厌烦我们了
Where do you want to live now, doll?
你现在想住在哪 姑娘
I'm here now, obviously.
显然 我现在在这里
I don't know if the show will get picked up, but...
我不知道试播集能不能拍成电视剧 但是
it feels like home.
这里有家的感觉
It's the only home I've ever known without Charlie.
这是我除了查理之外仅有的家了
You want to stay here?
你想留在这里吗
Charlie's not going to want that. He...
查理不会愿意的 他…
We're interested in what you want to do.
我们关心的是你的想法
Sounds to me like you did your time in New York.
在我看来 你在纽约待得够久了
He can do some time here, no?
他也可以在这里住一段时间吧
He always said we would, but he never...
他总说将来会的 但从未…
How old is your son?
你儿子多大了
I don't know if it's fair to him.
我不知道这对他公不公平
I want you to listen to me.
你听我说
What you're doing is an act of hope.
你现在做的是希望之举
Do you understand that?
你明白吗
You're saying, "I want something better for myself."
你在说 "我希望自己过得更好"
And this, right now, is the worst time.
现在是最难熬的时期
It will only get better.
以后只会越来越好
Wasn't it Tom Petty who said "The waiting is the hardest part"?
汤姆·佩蒂不是唱过"等待最难熬"吗
I represented his wife in their divorce.
他离婚时 我是他妻子的律师
I got her half of that song.
我帮她拿到了那首歌一半的版权
I don't want any money or anything.
我不想要钱之类的
I just worry because we weren't going to use lawyers, so...
我有点担心 因为我们之前说好不请律师 所以…
I don't want to be too aggressive.
我不想太咄咄逼人
I want to stay friends.
我还想继续和他做朋友
We'll do it as gently as possible.
我们会尽可能缓和地处理
Can you tell me a little more about what's going on?
你能多和我说点目前的情况吗
Because part of what we're going to do together
因为我们要一起做的事就包括
is tell your story.
讲述你的故事
It's difficult to articulate.
很难说清楚
not as simple as not being in love anymore.
不像说不爱了那么简单
Why don't you start at the beginning? Wherever that is for you.
不如从头说起吧 从哪都可以
I was engaged to Ben
我之前和本订婚了
and living in LA, you know?
住在洛杉矶
And I felt like yes, I want to make movies and marry Ben.
我感觉 没错 我想和本拍电影并嫁给他
Jesus, I was only 19 or 20 at the time.
天啊 我当时也就二十岁左右
I never felt older in my whole life.
我这辈子从没觉得自己那么老过
Anyway, if I was honest with myself,
总之 如果说实话
it was like a small part of me felt dead...
我感觉内心有一小部分死去了
You know, you tell yourself,
你告诉自己
"No one's perfect, no relationship's perfect."
"没有完美之人 也没有完美恋情"
This tea is delicious.
这茶真好喝
Isn't it? It's the Manuka honey.
是吧 加了麦卢卡蜂蜜
Anyway, uh, you were asking about Charlie.
总之 你刚刚问起查理
So, yes. So, I was... I was...
所以 是的 我当时…我当时
happy with Ben and aware of the deadness,
和本在一起很幸福 也意识到自己心死了
and I went to New York
我去了纽约
to meet with this director for this space movie.
去见一部太空电影的导演
But one where they take space seriously, like...
但这是一部对太空严肃对待的电影
sex trafficking in space.
在太空进行性交易
You know, it was political.
有政治意义
Or at least they wanted us to think it was.
至少他们想让我们这么觉得
Anyway, it just...
总之 那部电影…
it was really fulfilling the same need
那部电影和某些糟糕的色情片一样
that certain fucked up porn does.
满足的是相同的需求
while I was there...
我去了之后
invited me to see a play.
邀请我去看一场戏剧
It took place in someone's apartment with all the lights on.
在一个人的公寓里演的 把灯都打开了
It was like nothing I'd ever seen before.
我之前从未看过这样的剧
surreal, dystopian story,
超现实的反乌托邦故事
and it was so well-acted.
演得特别好
And one of the actors was this big shaggy bear
其中一位演员身材高大 邋邋遢遢
who played all his lines looking directly at me,
说台词的时候全程都盯着我
which I knew couldn't be the case, but it felt like it.
我知道不可能是这样 但我觉得是的
And then later, of course, I learned that it was.
之后当然了 我了解到我当时的感觉是对的
These cookies are really great too.
这饼干也很好吃
I'll send you home with some.
走的时候送你几盒
Afterwards, I was introduced to the cast,
后来 我与演职人员认识了一下
and the bear turned out to also be the director.
发现那个大高个还是导演
He talked to me and...
他和我说话
The dead part wasn't dead, it was just in a coma.
我的心没有死去 只是暂时昏迷了
it was better than the sex, the talking.
和他聊天 比性爱还美妙
the sex was also like the talking.
性爱也和聊天一样
You know, everything is like everything in a relationship.
恋爱中的一切都很相似
Don't you find that?
你不觉得吗
the whole night and the next day together and...
一整夜和第二天都在一起 然后…
I just never left.
我就留下来了
Yes, to be honest, all the problems
是 说实话 所有的问题
were there in the beginning too.
在一开始就存在了
But... I just went along with him and his life
但我就接受了他和他的生活
because it felt so damn good to feel myself alive.
因为活过来的感觉真是太好了
In the beginning, I was the actress, the star, and...
一开始 我是演员 是明星
That felt like something, you know.
感觉还是很不错的
People came to see me at first, but...
人们一开始都是冲着我来看剧的 但是
the farther away I got from that and...
我渐渐失去光彩了
the more acclaim the theater company got,
剧团越来越受欢迎
and I had less and less weight.
我的分量也越来越轻
"Well, you know, the actress that was in that thing that time."
"就是当时演了那个的女演员"
And he was the draw.
他变成了招牌
would've been fine, but...
本来还没关系 但是
I didn't ever really come alive for myself.
我从来没有为自己而活过来
I was just feeding his aliveness.
我只是成了他活着的养料
he was so smart and creative, it...
他那么聪明 又有创意 没…
You know, I would tell him things at home in private,
我会在家里私下告诉他一些事
and they would work their way
然后这些事
into public conversation into his work, and...
会出现在公共谈话里 然后进入他的作品
For a while, that felt like enough. I mean, I was just so...
有一段时间 我感觉满足了 我太…
so flattered that someone like him would...
太受宠若惊 像他这样的人
would find an idea I had worth trying
会觉得我的想法值得一试
or a comment I made worth repeating and...
觉得我的评论值得重复
and then, I got pregnant.
然后我怀孕了
And I thought that having a baby
我以为生孩子这件事
could be ours, could really be ours,
可以是我们的 是真正属于我们俩的
but also really mine.
但也是属于我自己的
And... you know, he was so excited.
他非常激动
I mean, kids, they...
孩子…
they belong to themselves. It's like...
属于他们自己 就好像
the instant they leave your body, it's just...
孩子离开你的身体一瞬间 就是
the process of them going away...
孩子离开你的过程…
And I didn't belong to myself.
而我并不属于我自己
And it was small stuff, stupid stuff, and big stuff.
小事 蠢事 大事都由不得我
All the furniture in our house
我们家所有的家具
I didn't even know what my taste was anymore
我都不知道自己的品味是什么了
because I had never been asked to use it.
因为没人征求过我的意见
I didn't even pick our apartment. I just moved into his.
我们的公寓都不是我选的 我直接搬到了他家
And I made noises about wanting to move back to LA, but...
我也表达过想搬回洛杉矶的想法 但是
they came to nothing.
犹如石沉大海
And we'd come here on holidays because he liked my family.
我们会在节假日过来 因为他喜欢我的家人
But if I suggested we do a year or something,
但如果我提出来在这住一年什么的
he'd just put me off.
他只会敷衍我
strange if he turned to me and said,
措手不及 如果他突然问我
"And what do you want to do today?"
"你今天想做什么"
You know, I just watched that documentary on George Harrison,
我刚看完那部乔治·哈里森的纪录片
You know, I just watched that documentary on George Harrison,
披头士乐队主音吉他手我刚看完那部乔治·哈里森的纪录片
You know, I just watched that documentary on George Harrison,
我刚看完那部乔治·哈里森的纪录片
and I thought, "Own it.
我就想 "认了
Be like George Harrison's wife.
像乔治·哈里森的妻子那样
Being a wife and a mother, that's enough."
做个贤妻良母 这就够了"
Yeah, then I realized I couldn't remember her name, so...
结果我发现我想不起她的名字
This pilot came along.
然后我接到了试播集的邀约
It shot in LA and it paid so much...
在洛杉矶拍摄 报酬丰厚
And it was like there was this little lifeline thrown to me.
就好像有一根小小的求生索扔到我面前
Here's this bit of earth that's yours, and...
有一片属于你的天地
I was embarrassed about it
为此我在他面前
in front of him, but it was also like...
觉得有点丢脸 但还有另一种感觉…
yeah, this is who I am, and this is what I'm worth.
这就是真正的我 这就是我的价值所在
And maybe it's stupid, but at least it's mine.
或许是挺蠢的 但至少是属于我的
And if he had just taken me into a big hug and said,
如果他能给我个大大的拥抱 对我说
"Baby, I'm so excited for your adventure.
"宝贝 我为你的冒险感到无比激动
Of course I want you to have a piece of earth that's yours."
我当然想让你拥有一片属于自己的天地"
Well, then, we might not be getting divorced.
那么我们可能就不必离婚了
he made fun of it and...
他嘲笑了我的梦想
was jealous like he is, and...
和平时一样心怀妒忌
then he realized about the money.
然后他想起了钱的事
And he told me I could funnel it back into the theater company.
然后他跟我说我可以把钱投回剧团
And that's when I realized...
那时我才意识到
truly didn't see me.
眼里真的没有我
He didn't see me as something separate from himself.
他没有把我看作是独立于他的个体
And I asked him to say my phone number.
我让他说出我的电话号码
He didn't know it.
他居然不知道
Also, I think he slept with the stage manager, Mary Ann.
而且我觉得他跟舞台监督玛丽·安有一腿
That fucking asshole.
那个混球
- seventy-five point zero zero... -"If railroad is unowned...
- 75.00… - "如果铁路无主
- that's zero cents. - ...you may buy it from the bank."
- 意思就是0分 - 你可以从银行买下来"
"Advance to Illios...
"移动到伊利诺…
- Illinois. - ...Illinois Avenue."
- 伊利诺伊 - 伊利诺伊大道"
"Advance..." what does that mean?
"移动" 是什么意思
It means you've got to go to Illinois Avenue.
意思是你得去伊利诺伊大道
So where is Illinois Avenue?
那伊利诺伊大道在哪
So Cassie, when Charlie gets here,
凯西 查理到了之后来自:范肖-齐默-肯普律所 至:查理·巴伯
you're going to hand him the envelope.
你就把信封递给他来自:范肖-齐默-肯普律所 至:查理·巴伯
you're going to hand him the envelope.
你就把信封递给他
Why do I have to do it?
为什么非要让我给他
Because Nicole is very good at
因为妮可非常擅长
getting people to do things for her.
让别人帮她办事
- That's not what this is. -I wiped her butt until she was nine years old.
- 才不是这样 - 她九岁之前 我一直帮她擦屁股
She's very seductive that way.
她很擅长这一套
No, Mom, legally, I can't be the one who serves him.
不 妈妈 法律规定不能由我递交他
But still, what I'm saying is true.
但我说的还是大实话
Do I have to actually hand him the envelope?
我真的得给他递信封吗
Yes, but I'm going to tell him in advance
是的 但我会提前告诉他
that they're divorce papers.
里面是离婚文件
Nora says it doesn't have to be so formal. Where's Henry?
诺拉说不必如此正式 亨利在哪
He's playing in the living room with Sam, and Jules, and Molly.
他跟山姆 朱尔斯和莫莉在客厅玩
Let's get them upstairs. Charlie's going to be here soon.
让他们上楼去吧 查理很快就到了
So, I'll tell Charlie what's happening,
我会告诉查理是怎么回事
and, Cassie, you then hand him the envelope.
然后凯西 你把信封给他
Well, can you un-serve?
你能撤销递交吗
- What do you mean? Like take it back? - Yeah.
- 什么意思 拿回来吗 - 对
- You should check. - In case we change our minds...
- 你应该去确认一下 - 以防我们改主意
- I'm not going to change my mind. - ...or we feel too...
- 我不会改主意的 - 或者我们觉得…
- bad for him. - Maybe in case I do something wrong.
- 他太可怜 - 以防我不小心做错了
Now you're both just making me feel bad, okay?
你们俩现在让我觉得难受 知道吗
Sorry, sorry, I'm nervous!
抱歉 抱歉 我真的很紧张
And we love Charlie.
我们都很爱查理
You have to stop loving him, Mom.
你不能再爱他了 妈妈
You can't be friends with him anymore.
也不能再跟他做朋友
Charlie and I have our own relationship...
我跟查理的关系
independent of your marriage.
独立于你们的婚姻
Just like I'm still friends
就像我现在和
with Cassie's ex, Jeff.
凯西的前任杰夫还是朋友
Are you still seeing Jeff?
你还在和杰夫见面吗
An occasional lunch.
偶尔吃顿午餐
I can't believe you!
我简直不敢相信
He still wants his camera back, by the way.
对了 他还是想把相机要回去的
Listen, nothing can be independent of our marriage right now.
听着 没有什么关系可以独立于我们的婚姻
I can't believe I even have to explain this to you.
我不敢相信连这个还要我解释
Just be on my side, okay?
站在我这边 好吗
- Okay. - And...
- 好吧 - 还有
stop seeing Jeff!
别再和杰夫见面了
Cassie, you're the server.
凯西 你负责递交
Just let me practice a few times.
让我再多练习几次
I was never a good auditioner.
试演时 我的表现一向很糟糕
That's because you wanted it too badly.
因为你太想拿到角色了
It's not an audition.
这可不是试演
- I'll play Charlie. - It's just my palms are so perspired.
- 我来扮演查理 - 我的手紧张地出汗
Sweetie, you're blotting the envelope.
亲爱的 你把信封都弄湿了
Maybe Nicole should play you.
或许应该让妮可扮演你
Did you really just say that?
你听听自己说的话
We don't need to practice. This is not a performance.
我们不需要练习 这又不是表演
Did we finish the other wine already?
上一瓶酒已经喝完了吗
- Yeah. - Yeah.
- 是的 - 是的
Okay, let me get him.
好吧 我去接他
- Okay. - You both go in the other room.
- 好的 - 你们俩都去另一个房间
Cassie, you make sure that Henry
凯西 你去确保亨利
goes upstairs with Molly and Jules.
跟莫莉和朱尔斯一起上楼了
- Mom! - I'm getting my wine.
- 妈 - 我来拿我的酒
- What? - Henry's pooping in the bathroom downstairs.
- 怎么了 - 亨利在楼下的洗手间拉屎
Can we transfer him to the one upstairs?
能让他上楼拉吗
I think it's mid-poop.
他应该正在拉
Just grab him when he comes out.
等他出来立刻带他上去
- Cassie? - What?
- 凯西 - 怎么了
I'm... I'm putting the envelope over here by the toaster.
我把信封放在烤面包机旁边了
- Where's Henry? - Uh, he's pooping.
- 亨利在哪 - 他在拉屎
Does this couch still open?
能用这沙发吗
I got off the plane to a text,
我下飞机后收到了短信
but don't tell anyone yet. It's still a secret.
但先别告诉别人 这还是个秘密
I won a MacArthur grant.
我获得了麦克阿瑟天才奖
Oh, my God, that's great!
天呐 太棒了
I'll say it because you can't,
你自己不能说这话 我帮你说
it's the genius grant. You're a genius.
这是天才奖 你是天才
I'm really happy for you. You deserve it.
我真为你感到高兴 这是你应得的
It's yours too. We did all of this together.
这个奖也是属于你的 我们共同的功劳
it's yours, Charlie, you enjoy it.
奖是你的 查理 好好享受吧
It's good money, and they parse it out over five years.
奖金很丰厚 五年分期支付
But it means I can keep everyone in the theater company employed,
不过这样我就能给所有的剧团成员发薪水
pay my credit card debt.
还上信用卡欠款
Of course, I went instantly to, "It's all downhill from here.
当然了 我立刻觉得"从现在起要走下坡路了
- Now my first Broadway play has to fail." - No.
- 我的百老汇首演一定会失败" - 不会
We just started rehearsals again, and I don't know.
我们刚开始重新排演 我也不知道
You always don't know at this point, and then, it gets there.
每次开演前你都是这样 最后都很顺利
Do I? Because I don't remember.
是吗 我不记得了
I know, it's true, it'll be great.
我知道 是真的 放心吧
Okay, I hope you're right.
好吧 希望你说得没错
Tell them hi. I miss everyone.
帮我问候他们 我想他们了
You'll see them again when you come back.
等你回去就能看到他们了
A MacArthur, Broadway...
麦克阿瑟天才奖 百老汇
Congratulations, Charlie.
祝贺你 查理
- What? - Is he pooping?
- 什么 - 他不是在拉屎吗
Yeah, she's upstairs.
嗯 她在楼上
- How's it going? - Nothing yet.
- 怎么样了 - 还没拉出来
- It's me. - I know.
- 是我 - 我知道
- I brought you something. - Yay.
- 我给你带了东西 - 太棒了
Mom's getting me a present too.
妈妈也要送我礼物
- Why? - For pooping.
- 为什么 - 拉屎的奖励
- I love you. - I love you.
- 我爱你 - 我爱你
I don't think we should reward him for pooping anymore.
我觉得我们不该再为拉屎这件事给他奖励了
I know, but he holds it in and it's going on a week.
我知道 但他一周没拉了
- It's its own reward. G-ma! - Charlie-bird!
- 拉出来就算奖励了 外婆 - 小查理
Oh, God, I'm huge!
天呐 我个头很大的
- You're as light as a feather. - Mom?
- 你像羽毛一样轻 - 妈
Why didn't you respond to my last email?
你怎么不回我上一封电邮
Well, your emails are so articulate.
你的电邮太有文采了
- Mom, can you... - Now, I'm going to lift you!
- 妈 你能不能… - 现在换我把你举起来了
I'm going to write you back now.
我现在给你回电邮去
I like your haircut.
我喜欢你的发型
- Mom? - I'll go.
- 妈 - 我去
Henry's calling you, Nicole!
亨利在叫你 妮可
What's going on, Henry?
怎么了 亨利
Can you ask Mom to come?
能帮我叫下妈妈吗
What kind of pie is that?
那是什么派
- Did you make it? - I don't know.
- 你做的吗 - 我不知道
No, it's store bought.
不是 是商店买的
You know Joan's on Third?
你知道第三大街的乔安家吧
- Yeah. It's good, right? - What?
- 知道 很好吃对吧 - 什么
Jules and Molly love it.
朱尔斯和莫莉特别喜欢
- Are you okay? - Yes.
- 你还好吗 - 是的
I'll pour you some water.
我给你倒点水
Nicole says you're doing a play?
妮可说你在演一部戏剧
I-I think you'd like it.
你应该会喜欢的
It's a great unproduced play
这个剧本从没登上过舞台
by this really interesting British writer.
是一个很有趣的英国编剧写的
- So, you do an English accent? - Yeah.
- 所以你要演英国口音的 - 对
It's more northern England.
偏英格兰北部口音
What does that sound like?
让我听听
You want a cup of tea, do ya?
你要来杯茶吗
Thank you, missus. What is...
谢谢您 夫人 这是…
It's a manila envelope, love.
是马尼拉纸信封 亲爱的
- Can I start over? - It has my name on it.
- 我能再来一遍吗 - 上面写着我的名字
Sorry. You're served.
抱歉 递交你了
- What did you do? - Nothing. I don't know.
- 你做了什么 - 什么都没做 我不知道
You're being served.
递交你了
You guys are getting a div... I don't know, I'm sorry.
你们要离…我不知道 抱歉
I was going to warn you so it didn't become a thing. I'm sorry.
我本来想提前告诉你的 以免把事情闹大 抱歉
I feel like I'm in a dream.
我感觉像是在做梦
We don't have a marriage anymore.
我们的婚姻已经不存在了
I-I know you don't want the disruption,
我知道你不想婚姻破裂
but you don't want to be married.
但你也不想要这段婚姻
But I don't want this.
但我不想这样
What did you expect was going to happen?
你指望会怎样
I... I don't know, I guess I didn't think it through,
我不知道 我可能还没想明白
but I thought we agreed we weren't going to use lawyers.
我以为我们说好了不找律师的
I don't know, I'm trying to say this
我不知道 我想尽量用
as undramatically as possible.
不夸张的方式说出来
an entirely different kind of life.
是一种完全不同的生活
Let's wait until you finish this pilot and come back to New York.
我们等你拍完试播集回纽约再说吧
Let's figure it out there, at home, together.
我们回到家再一起解决这件事
- Nora's known for being very fair. - We don't need to do it with envelopes.
- 诺拉是出了名的公平 - 我们不需要通过信件来沟通
- This is Nora? - Yeah.
- 这是诺拉发来的 - 是
She's great. I feel like we could be friends with her.
她非常棒 我觉得我们可以和她成为朋友
Why do I feel like that won't happen?
我怎么觉得不会呢
It's just a formality.
只是走个形式
- Why... - You don't have to respond right away.
- 为什么… - 你不必马上回复
Why did Cassie have a pie?
为什么凯西拿了个派来
The pie was hers. The pie wasn't part of it.
那是她带的派 跟这个没关系
I mean, what would the pie have to do with anything?
一个派能有什么关系呢
I don't know. It somehow makes it worse.
我不知道 感觉它使事情更糟糕了
I'm sorry, but the pie was just a pie.
抱歉 派就只是派
You get a lawyer too.
你也找个律师
Well, I guess I better be going.
我想我得行动起来了
"Stuart rose from the ditch, climbed into his car...
"斯图尔特从沟里爬出来 钻进车里
and started up the road that led toward the north.
出发上路 一路向北
The sun was just coming up over the hills on his right.
这时太阳刚刚从右边的小山坡升起
As he peered ahead into the great land that stretched before him,
他凝视着前方绵延宽阔的大地
the way seemed long...
道路一眼望不到尽头
but the sky was bright.
天空一片明亮
And he somehow felt he was headed in the right direction."
他感觉自己正朝着正确的方向前行"
I forgot it ended that way.
我都忘了故事结局是这样的
Yeah, wow, Stuart really overreacted, didn't you think?
是啊 斯图尔特真的反应过度了 不是吗
He was upset about his boat.
他为船的事难过
- Hey, Daddy just got here. - It's okay.
- 爸爸才刚来 - 没关系
You can come back, and wake me up,
你可以等会再过来 叫醒我
and read to me later, Daddy, okay?
读故事给我听 好吗 爸爸
Will you come sleep in my bed later?
你等会可以来我床上睡吗
Hang in there, Charlie-bird.
坚持住 小查理
- He's in a mommy phase right now. - It's okay.
- 他现在处于粘妈的阶段 - 没事
I'm sorry. I drank too much wine.
不好意思 我喝多了
- I can imagine. - And didn't eat dinner.
- 可以想象 - 晚饭也没吃
I hope Henry didn't notice.
希望亨利没看出来
I'm sure he didn't.
他肯定没看出来
Now that I'm a parent, I realize my parents
我当了妈以后才意识到
were probably drunk all the time with me.
我爸妈带我的时候大概一直在喝酒
Where are you staying?
你要住哪里
There's a new hotel on Highland that's...
高地那里有家新开的酒店
supposedly not too expensive and... and pretty nice.
据说不会很贵 而且挺不错的
Okay, I'll check it out.
好的 我去看看
Again, that's great about the MacArthur.
再次祝贺你获得麦克阿瑟天才奖
- Charlie? - Yeah?
- 查理 - 怎么
- What? - She's being represented by Nora.
- 怎么了 - 她找的律师是诺拉
She's supposedly very fair?
听说她以公平著称
All right, here's the fact, Jack.
好吧 事实是这样的 杰克
I charge $950 an hour.
我每小时收费九百五十美元
If you have a stupid question, you call Ted.
如果你要问愚蠢的问题 找泰德
To start, we'll need a $25,000 retainer.
首先 我们要收两万五千美元的预付费
- That's more than I can... - And all your financials.
- 我付不起这么多 - 还有你所有的财务状况
We need to do a forensic accounting.
我们要进行司法会计鉴定
Which runs anywhere from ten to twenty thousand dollars.
这个费用预计要一万到两万美元
But if we can all agree right away, it shouldn't get too bad,
要是我们能立马达成协议 应该不会太贵
- right? - You were married here in LA?
- 对吧 - 你是在洛杉矶登记结婚的吗
Yes... because her mom and sister are out here
是的 因为她妈妈和妹妹在这里
and I'm not close with my family.
我跟我的家人不大来往
Your son was born out here?
你儿子是在这里出生的吗
Yes, because, again,
是的 也是因为
her mom and sister are out here and I'm not...
她妈妈和妹妹住在这里 我和…
So, you got married here,
也就是说 你在这里结的婚
your kid was born here...
你的孩子在这里出生
and she served you here?
而且她在这里向你递交了文件
Yeah, but we lived in New York.
对 但我们之前住在纽约
- Is there a problem? - We'll have to reshape the narrative.
- 有什么问题吗 - 我们得换个说法
If you're serious about having your child in New York,
如果你真想让你的孩子跟你回纽约
this is what I suggest.
我的建议是
You take your kid... D-Did you say his name was Fred?
带你的孩子…你是不是说他叫弗莱德
Why did I say Fred?
那我怎么会说弗莱德
I have a kid named Fred.
我有个儿子叫弗莱德
You take Henry to New York with you right now.
你现在马上带亨利跟你回纽约
Then we file an action in New York.
我们在纽约起诉
We make this a New York case.
把它变成纽约的案件
We need to make an argument that you're a New York-based family.
我们要主张你们家在纽约
Otherwise, you'll probably never
否则你以后可能
see your kid outside of LA again.
只能在洛杉矶见到你儿子了
It's very hard to convince the courts to move a kid.
很难说服法院让孩子搬家
As soon as you let your wife and child leave New York,
一旦你让老婆孩子离开纽约
you made life very difficult for yourself.
你就是在给自己挖坑
Yes, but as I said,
是 但正如我说的
we're a New York family, that's just a fact.
我们家在纽约 这是事实
She's... here temporarily.
她只是暂时待在这里
Then why do you think she served you out here?
那你觉得她为什么要在这里向你递交文件
I don't... know, but Henry wants to go back to New York.
我不知道 但是亨利想回纽约
Don't quote your kid.
别管你孩子说了什么
He's just telling you what you want to hear.
他只是挑你想听的话说
And trust me, he's telling her the opposite.
相信我 他跟她说的是另一套
Let me have the Barber file!
把巴伯的材料给我
Move my lunch to 1:30.
把我的午餐改到一点半
Exit Ghost. It's the name of my theater company.
退场幽灵 是我剧团的名字
Theater director, yeah.
戏剧导演 是的
Anything I've seen?
有我看过的剧吗
I don't know. What have you seen?
我不知道 你看过什么剧
Our production of Electra is moving to Broadway...
我们的《厄勒克特拉》要到百老汇演出了
We have to make sure that money is protected.
我们得保护好这笔钱
I mean, it's theater, so it's not a lot of money.
搞戏剧赚不到多少钱的
I basically put whatever money I make back in the theater.
我基本上把赚的钱都投到剧团里了
I wonder, do we ask for support?
我在想 我们是不是该要抚养费
- Interesting. - From Nicole?
- 有意思 - 让妮可给吗
I'm not going to do that.
我不会这么做的
Does your wife's family have money?
你妻子家里有钱吗
Her mother has some from her TV career.
她母亲以前演电视剧赚了些钱
And her father died.
她父亲去世了
Well, we could say that we don't want her mother to see the kid,
我们可以主张不让她母亲见孩子
draw her into the case.
把她拉进这个案子
In that instance, her mother could pay your legal fees.
那样的话 她母亲可以付你的诉讼费用
I'm very close to her mom.
我跟她母亲关系很好
Nicole's family has been my family...
妮可的家人就是我的家人
Yeah, but that's going to change.
是 但以后就不是了
And I suggest you get used to it.
我建议你赶紧接受这个现实
We need to hire a private investigator.
我们要雇个私家侦探
Really? I mean...
真的吗 我是说
- Really? - Does your wife do drugs or anything?
- 真的要这样吗 - 你妻子吸毒吗
Not in any real way.
吸得不多
Well, we're not going to win if she's the perfect mother.
如果她是个完美的母亲我们就赢不了了
She was addicted to Tums for a while.
有一阵子她吃胃药上瘾
It wasn't nothing. She was up to a tube a day.
那不算什么 她一天最多吃一瓶
Have you noticed anyone following you?
你有注意到有人跟踪你吗
Well, keep an eye out.
那多留意一下
Look, you need to be prepared for the fact
你要做好准备
that Nora is going to portray you as a neglectful, absent father.
诺拉会把你描绘成一个忽略孩子 不顾家的父亲
- But I'm not. - You live in New York.
- 我并不是 - 你住在纽约
You're consumed with your work.
你工作很忙
She and your kid are out here, struggling.
她和你的孩子独自留在这里 生活得很艰难
Nora's going to use that strategy. I'm sure of it.
诺拉会采取这个策略 我肯定
But Nicole's not going to lie.
但是妮可不会说谎的
Listen, if we start from a place of reasonable,
听着 如果我们讲理
and they start from a place of crazy,
他们不讲理
when we settle, we'll be somewhere between reasonable and crazy.
达成协议时 我们就会介乎讲理和不讲理之间
Which is still crazy.
仍然是不讲理
Half of crazy is crazy.
半不讲理就是不讲理
You know what people say,
俗话说
"Criminal lawyers see bad people at their best,
"刑事辩护律师看的是坏人最善良的一面
divorce lawyers see good people at their worst."
离婚律师看的是好人最丑陋的一面"
Before this is all over, you're going to hate me and Ted,
这一切还没结束 你就会开始恨我和泰德
just because of what we represent in your life.
因为我们代表着你生活中最丑陋的一面
I'm sure you're right.
我相信你说的
So tell me the story again. You came out here to see your kid.
再跟我说一遍你的故事 你来这里看孩子
- Maybe I'm not explaining this well. - She serves you.
- 也许我没解释清楚 - 她向你递交了文件
We're friendly, we're fine.
我们很友好 我们很好
- What a bitch. - We're just trying to figure this out.
- 真是个婊子 - 我们就想把问题解决了
Thanks, but this isn't...
谢谢 但这不是…
We're doing it a different way.
我们换个方式解决
And... I can't even close to afford this.
再说费用这么贵我根本付不起吃 喝 再婚
And... I can't even close to afford this.
再说费用这么贵我根本付不起
I've got to get back to New York.
我得回纽约了
I have a Broadway play in rehearsals.
我还要排演百老汇的剧呢
I was the hot shit at that time.
我那时可是大红人
Young, very sexy, with a great head of hair.
年轻 特别性感 一头秀发
I just so appreciate that Charlie gave me this opportunity.
我非常感激查理给了我这个机会
Or maybe I should thank Nicole.
或者我应该感激妮可
I heard Nicole's pilot went to series,
我听说妮可的试播集要拍成电视剧了
so she's moving to LA.
所以她要搬去洛杉矶了
And they put Henry in school out there.
他们把亨利送去了那边的学校
Well, is Charlie moving too?
查理也要搬去吗
He won't abandon us.
他不会抛弃我们的
And you can't do theater in LA.
而且剧团在洛杉矶也搞不起来
Charlie said she and Henry are coming back to New York
查理说她拍完剧就会和亨利一起
when she finishes filming her show.
搬回纽约
I wouldn't be so sure.
我觉得不一定
Nicole was never going to stay in New York, that was obvious.
显然妮可一直不想留在纽约
She was probably planning this move all along.
她可能早就在计划这次搬家了
When she sees an opportunity, believe me, she takes it.
相信我 她会抓住一切机会
Miss Four Time Oscar winner, sucking my...
获得四次奥斯卡的影后 舔我的…
Okay, how is everyone today?
大家今天还好吗
Nobody get too close. I think I caught Donna's cold.
别靠太近 我被唐娜传染了感冒
- Sorry, Charlie. - I'm expecting a Skype call from Henry,
- 抱歉 查理 - 我在等亨利跟我视频
so I might have to step out.
一会儿可能要失陪一下
So, Charlie, what you're going through now
查理 你现在经受的事
is going to be horrible, but it will be over.
会很可怕 但总会结束的
- Another thing. - Yeah?
- 还有一件事 - 什么
Fuck as many people as you can right now.
趁现在多找几个人上床
- Take what I said seriously. - You might need help wrapping gauze.
- 你认真考虑一下 - 绷带可能得找人帮缠一下
- It needs to stay tight. - Okay, I'm... I'm confused.
- 得紧一点 - 好吧 我搞不太清楚
What... scene is the Invisible Man outfit for?
这套隐形人服装是哪一幕用的
No, that's my Halloween costume.
不 那是我的万圣节服装
And the Frankenstein is for Henry.
科学怪人服装是给亨利的
He's coming here this weekend.
他这周末要来
We're going to trick or treat in the Slope.
我们要去公园坡讨糖
I made it more James Whale than Kenneth Branagh.
我做的更接近詹姆斯·怀勒版本 而非肯尼斯·布拉纳
I made it more James Whale than Kenneth Branagh.
二人均为导演 均拍摄过科学怪人改编影片我做的更接近詹姆斯·怀勒版本 而非肯尼斯·布拉纳
- Perfect. - Can I talk to you?
- 很好 - 我能跟你谈谈吗二人均为导演 均拍摄过科学怪人改编影片
- Perfect. - Can I talk to you?
- 很好 - 我能跟你谈谈吗
I've typed up the blocking from the last two rehearsals,
我已经把前两次排练的走位都打出来了
and here are the director notes from that Danish production from the '70s.
这是七十年代丹麦版的导演注释
Where'd you find it?
你在哪里找到的
Can I come over tonight?
我今晚能过去吗
Mary Ann, it's too hard now.
玛丽·安 现在太艰难了
I just can't be with anyone right now.
我现在没法和任何人在一起
But we did it when you were married
但你还没离婚我们就做过
and we shouldn't have done it.
那时我们就不该做的
And now that you're not married, shouldn't we be doing it?
现在你已经离婚了 我们不该做吗
I'm not not married yet.
我现在还没有离婚
You're torturing yourself.
你这是在折磨自己
Just make sure everything doesn't go to hell.
你盯着剧团别出乱子就行
- I'm relying on you, okay? - Fine.
- 我就指望你了 好吗 - 好
- Thanks. - I wish you'd accept generosity better.
- 谢谢 - 我希望你能多接受别人的好意
Hold on. Let me...
等等 让我…
- Hello? - Is this Charlie Barber?
- 你好 - 是查理·巴伯吗
Hi, this is Nora Fanshaw.
你好 我是诺拉·范肖
I represent your wife, Nicole Barber.
我是你妻子妮可·巴伯的代理律师
- Hi. - Do you have an attorney yet?
- 你好 - 你现在找到律师了吗
Okay, then it's okay for me to talk to you directly, okay?
那么我可以直接和你谈话 好吗
I'm calling because we haven't
我打电话来是因为
received your response to our filing.
我们还没收到你的回复
Yeah, I've been rehearsing this play
我最近一直忙于排演戏剧
and flying back and forth to LA.
还有坐飞机来回往返洛杉矶
You're going to need to file your response.
你必须作出书面回复
Nicole said there was no rush.
妮可说不用着急
It's been more than 30 days
你收到我方文书
since you were served.
已超过三十天
By law, you're meant to respond within 30 days.
法律规定你应当在三十天内回复
I didn't like the first lawyer I met.
我不喜欢我第一次约见的律师
It says that very clearly on the document you were given.
你收到的文件上写得很清楚
Yeah, but I thought that's just what it says.
看了 但我以为只是字面上说说
We weren't even going to do it with lawyers.
我们本来没打算请律师
Charlie, I think I shouldn't tuck in my shirt.
查理 我觉得我不应该把我的衬衫塞进去
Nicole said I could take my time.
妮可说我可以慢慢来
And we've let you take your time.
我们已经让你慢慢来了
- It comes out during the love scene. - Could you hold a second?
- 拍床戏时它总是跑出来 - 你能等等吗
You don't hug Beth.
你没有抱贝丝的戏
I think it's something we should explore.
我想我们应该在这里拓展一下
Can't you just tuck it in tighter or get Donna to safety pin it?
你就不能塞得更紧点 或者让唐娜别个别针吗
I also have a kind of a thing
而且我很讨厌
- about tucking things in. - Charlie?
- 把东西塞进去 - 查理
If you don't file your response,
如果你不书面回复
we're going to file a request for default judgment against you.
我们就将申请对你进行缺席审判
...insecurities about my figure.
…我对自己的身材缺乏自信
- Charlie? - Yes, sorry.
- 查理 - 在 抱歉
Default judgment, what does that mean? Don't hug Beth.
缺席审判 那是什么意思 别抱贝丝
We'll be able to lay claim to whatever we want.
我们能够索要想要的一切
W-What do you mean, whatever you want of what?
什么意思 你们想要什么一切
Your apartment, your things, everything you own.
你的公寓 你的东西 你拥有的一切
She and I already discussed this. We don't own that much stuff.
我和她已经讨论过这点了 我们没多少东西
She can have pretty much whatever she wants.
她想拿走什么都行
And it means we'll set the number
这意味着我们能申请
for child support at its highest level
最高标准的儿童抚养费
and claim full custody of your child.
并且主张孩子的完全监护权
- I mean, that's not even... - This is what the law says.
- 那不… - 法律是这样规定的
Nicole's not going to do that. I mean, she won't.
妮可不会那么做的 不会的
No, Charlie, I represent Nicole,
不 查理 我代表妮可
and she's aware of everything I'm saying to you.
我告知你的每句话她都知晓
I just spoke to her this morning.
我今早才跟她聊过
Well, I spoke to her five minutes before I got on the call.
我打来电话的五分钟前刚跟她聊过
Okay, so what do I do?
好吧 那我该怎么做
You need to get a lawyer and respond immediately.
你得找个律师 然后立刻回复
Nicole wants to do this amicably,
妮可想要和平解决这件事
but you're leaving us no other option.
但你让我们别无选择
I'll get a lawyer. Can I get a lawyer here?
我会找律师的 我能在这里找吗
- I don't know where "Here" Is. - New York.
- 我不知道"这里"是哪里 - 纽约
That's what all that honking is?
怪不得有这么多喇叭声
No, you'll have to come to LA and meet people in LA.
不行 你得来洛杉矶 在洛杉矶找律师
I'm rehearsing a...
我在排演…
If you don't respond in Los Angeles by Friday,
如果你不在周五前于洛杉矶做出回复
you'll leave us no choice.
我们就别无选择了
I have to take this. Can you hold on a second, Charlie?
我得接个电话 你能稍等片刻吗 查理
Me and Mommy are in the middle of a super secret treasure hunt.
我和妈妈正在玩超级秘密寻宝游戏
- I thought the plane landed at nine. - What are you wearing?
- 我以为飞机九点到 - 你穿的是什么
It did. What are sock pants?
的确是九点到 连裤袜是什么
He doesn't like to feel the breeze on his legs.
他不喜欢风吹在腿上的感觉
He dressed himself.
他自己穿的
There are long pants. Can I talk to you?
那他可以穿长裤 我能跟你谈谈吗
- It's almost noon. - There was traffic. We've got to get going.
- 都快中午了 - 堵车 我们得走了
Why don't we ever do a treasure hunt?
我们为什么从来没玩过寻宝
Henry, can you wait a minute?
亨利 你能等等吗
Just one bit of talking alone, then I'll be right there.
就谈一会 然后我就过去
I got a call from your lawyer.
我接到了你律师打来的电话
She said you'd take everything and...
她说如果我不回复
custody and everything if I didn't respond.
你就会拿走一切以及孩子的抚养权
It's better if we just let the lawyers do this.
我们最好让律师处理这事
Yeah, but she's saying things I don't think you mean.
对 但我觉得她说的话不是你的本意
Henry, we need to get going.
亨利 我们得走了
I don't want to go now.
我现在不想走
- Have you gotten a lawyer yet? - That's what I'm here to do.
- 你找到律师了吗 - 我来这里就是为了这事
Come on, Henry. I'm in a rush.
快来 亨利 我赶时间
I have three more clues.
我还有三个线索
Why did you start a treasure hunt
你为什么要在我快到的时候
or whatever so close to my arrival?
开始玩寻宝游戏
- Cool. - You were late. We were killing time.
- 真酷 - 你迟到了 我们在打发时间
Honey, come. We're going to finish the treasure hunt later.
宝贝 快来 我们回头再玩寻宝游戏
- I'm going to be rich! - Okay.
- 我要发财了 - 好
You're going to go with your daddy, it's going to be fun.
你跟着爸爸 会很好玩的
And I've got a present for you when you get back as a reward.
我准备了礼物 回来就奖励给你
He's not going to the dentist.
他又不是去看牙医
- I'm trying to help. - I'm staying here.
- 我就是想帮忙 - 我要留在这里
- Got the booster? - I have a booster.
- 装了儿童增高座椅吗 - 装了
Oh, wait, no, it's not in.
等一下 没弄好
The seat's not connected.
座椅没固定好
I asked the rental company to install it.
我让租车公司装了
Yeah, I think they can't for liability reasons.
他们不能装 装了就要担责任了
- Do you know how these things... - Let me just... if you...
- 你知道要怎么… - 我来…你把…
- There should be a clip to clip onto. - ...dig...
- 应该可以卡住的 - 底下…
- Why "Fuck?" - Something sharp.
- 为什么骂人 - 扎到我了
- Can't I stay with Mom? - No.
- 我不能和妈妈待在一起吗 - 不行
It's my time with you. I just flew 3,000 miles.
轮到我陪你了 我飞了快五千公里过来
Henry, get in the fucking car!
亨利 赶紧上车
I'm sorry, but Jesus, get in the fucking car.
抱歉 但是赶紧上车
How do you spell Lego Bionicles?
乐高生化战士怎么拼
That's two words. What does Lego start with?
那是两个词 乐高是哪个字母开头的
- Don't you want to learn it? - No.
- 你不想学吗 - 不想
- It's on the box, anyway. - L...
- 反正就印在盒子上 - 是"L"
E... you know, everyone at the theater says hi.
是"E" 剧团的人都托我跟你打招呼
A "G-g-g" sound.
是"咯"声的字母
- Are you excited for Halloween? - J?
- 你期待万圣节吗 - 是"J"吗
- Then what? - And an "O" Sound.
- 然后呢 - 然后是"欧"的音
- O? - Are you excited for Halloween?
- "O"吗 - 你期待万圣节吗
I brought both our costumes.
我带了我们俩的服装
I'm going as a store-bought ninja.
我要穿商店买来的忍者装
But we agreed. I had Donna make you a Frankenstein.
但我们说好了 我让唐娜给你做了科学怪人服装
I don't want to be a Frankenstein anymore.
我不想扮成科学怪人了
Maybe just look at it.
先看看再说
It's awesome. We'll be Frankenstein and the Invisible Man.
很棒的 我们会扮成科学怪人和隐形人
Mom bought me a ninja costume,
妈妈给我买了忍者服
which is better because it costs more.
它更好 因为更贵
Technically, the Frankenstein cost more
理论上来说 把唐娜花的时间
when you factor in Donna's time and the materials.
还有材料算进去的话 科学怪人服装更贵
The cousins are also going to be ninjas.
表兄妹们也要扮成忍者
But Henry, we went through all this trouble.
可是我们花了那么大力气 亨利
Please take the ticket.
请取票
- Dad, you're too far. - I know.
- 爸爸 你离太远了 - 我知道
Please take the ticket.
请取票
So, I'm not comfortable leaving the bags in the car
我不放心把包留在车上
where I've given the key to someone I don't really know.
因为我把车钥匙给了不认识的人
It's an office building,
这是个办公楼
so you've been to places like this before.
你肯定去过类似的地方
I remember those fish.
我记得这些鱼
A lot of fish look the same.
鱼看起来都差不多
I'm Charlie Barber. I have a 1:30 with Dan Cohen.
我是查理·巴伯 和丹·科恩约了一点半
Where's your little man?
你的玩偶在哪
I don't have it this time. I keep my skeletons at my mom's.
我这次没带 我把骷髅放在我妈妈家
I'm sorry. We tried to reach you.
抱歉 我们尝试过联系你
Mr. Cohen wanted me to apologize.
科恩先生想让我代他道歉
He can't see you because apparently your wife
他不能见你 因为显然你妻子
already met with him on the 7th of August about representation.
已经和他在8月7日见面谈过代理一事了
But she hired somebody else.
但她雇了别人
- Nora... - Fanshaw?
- 诺拉 - 范肖吗
But unfortunately, because she consulted with Mr. Cohen already,
但很遗憾 因为她已经找科恩先生咨询过
he's legally barred from representing you.
根据法律 他不能再为你辩护
- Should we feed the fish? - Yeah.
- 我们来喂鱼吧 - 好
- It happens all the time. - Really?
- 这种事情很常见 - 是吗
If you have a ticket, I can validate your parking.
你有停车票的话我可以帮你免去停车费
You know, it's common that people meet with as many lawyers as possible
人们尽可能多地见律师是很常见的
so that their spouse has limited options.
这样他们配偶的选择就会很有限
I don't think she would've done it deliberately.
我不认为她会故意那么做
You'd be surprised.
你太天真了
Can all of them, like, breathe out of the water?
它们出水能呼吸吗
Did you go to a lot of offices with your mom?
你和妈妈去了很多办公室吗
I don't think anyone would have stealed the bags, Daddy.
我不认为会有人偷包 爸爸
I need somebody today.
我今天得找到律师
If I don't respond by tomorrow, she said I could lose custody.
如果我明天还不回复 她说我会失去监护权
I didn't know who else to call.
我不知道该打给谁了
There's got to be someone she didn't meet.
肯定有她没找过的律师
I have a name for you.
我知道一个人
He was the entertainment lawyer at Roberto's agency.
他曾是罗伯托经纪公司的娱乐业律师
But then he kind of got pushed into retirement a few years ago,
但他几年前被逼退休
and he went into family law.
然后转向了家庭法领域
- I called him. - Thank you, G-ma.
- 我联系了他 - 谢谢你 外婆
- He can see you today at three. - Shit.
- 他今天三点能见你 - 妈的
We never had this conversation, Charlie-bird.
我们从未有过这次谈话 小查理
You got it. I love you.
没问题 我爱你
- I need a new burger. - Why?
- 我得再买一个汉堡 - 为什么
Because you made us carry your bags into the restaurant,
因为你让我们俩扛着包进餐厅
That's fine. I'll give you mine. Get in the car.
没事 把我的给你 上车吧
Why did you bring me today if you couldn't hang out with me?
你今天不能和我玩为什么还带上我
Because I've been away and want to see you.
因为我之前一直不在 我想见你
Jamie Tuber has a little sister
杰米·蒂贝有个妹妹
- Yeah. - And Lily Tuber is really bossy.
- 嗯 - 莉莉·蒂贝真的很蛮横
Getting divorced with a kid
带着孩子离婚
can be one of the hardest things you'll ever do.
可能会是你做过最艰难的事
It's like a death without a body.
就像是没有尸体的死亡
I know personally. I've been there four different times.
我有切身体会 我经历过四次
You've been divorced four times?
你离了四次婚吗
Married four times.
结了四次婚
This last one will stick, God willing.
上帝保佑最后一次会长久
That's why I graduated into family law,
这正是我转向家庭法领域的原因
to help people survive this painful time.
帮助人们熬过这段痛苦的时间
Here's how I see it.
我是这么看的
If we get bogged down in "Who did this," and "Who did that,"
如果我们一直纠缠于"谁做了这个谁做了那个"
and "I don't want to pay the two dollars,"
还有"我不想付那两美元"
it'll just cost you more money and time and...
这只会让你花费更多钱与时间
and you'll probably end up with the same result anyway.
可能最终还是同样的结果
I mean, I agree with that philosophy. She does too, I'm sure.
我认同这一看法 我相信她也是
And I always go with the truth, no matter where that takes us.
我总是依照事实 不管结果会如何
You know, most people in my business make up the truth
我这行大多人伪造事实
so they can get where they need to go.
以实现自己的目的
You're just transactions to them.
你对他们来说只是交易
I-I like to think of you as people.
我喜欢把你们当人看
And not just you, her too.
不只是你 她也是
You know, this can be a really ugly process.
这过程可能会闹得很难看
But I also believe it doesn't have to be terrible.
但我也相信不必闹得不可收场
I'm glad to hear you say that.
我很高兴听你这么说
I'd love to keep expenses down as much as possible.
我想尽可能减少开支
I charge 450 an hour and I need a $10,000 retainer to start.
我收费是每小时四百五十美元 需要一万预付金
I'll see if I can get an advance on the Broadway transfer.
我看看能不能预支百老汇的收入
And keep in mind, you'll have to pay for her lawyer.
记住了 你还得付她的律师费
- What? - Well, at least part of her.
- 什么 - 至少一部分
It doesn't make sense, does it?
这没道理 是不是
I mean, you're doing this because you love your kid.
你这么做是因为爱孩子
And in doing so, you're draining money from your kid's education.
可这么做的同时却消耗了用于孩子教育的钱
- It seems ridiculous. - It is.
- 太荒谬了 - 确实
We'll have to respond right away.
我们必须马上回复
Your son goes to school out here?
你儿子在这里上学吗
Yeah, temporarily. We agreed.
是的 暂时的 我们说好了
Her pilot went to series and I wanted to accommodate her,
她的试播集要拍成电视剧了 我想迁就她
as she's often felt we do things on my terms.
因为她经常觉得我们总按我的想法做
Be a better husband in divorce.
在离婚时做个更好的丈夫
I guess something like that, but we live in New York.
大概吧 但我们住在纽约
Well, with your kid going to school out here,
因为你孩子在这里上学
the court may see it differently.
法庭可能不会这么认为
Will we go to court?
我们会上法庭吗
No, no, we don't want to go to court.
不 我们可不想上法庭
The courts in California are a disaster.
加州的法庭就是灾难
No, that's just how we have to think about it.
不 我们只是得考虑到这一点
I'm not sure these are my glasses.
这应该不是我的眼镜
Where are you living while you're here?
你在这里时住哪
I'm in a hotel right now.
我现在住在酒店
No, a hotel doesn't look good.
不 酒店看起来不太妙
- To who? - The court.
- 谁看 - 法庭
You just said we weren't going to go to court.
你刚刚说我们不会上法庭
No, of course, of course.
不 当然 当然
We have to prepare to go to court, hoping we don't go to court.
我们必须做好上庭的准备 希望不会上庭
You should get a place in LA.
你应该在洛杉矶找个住处
And get a place near her. It looks better for custody reasons.
在她附近的房子 对争夺监护权更有利
She's in West Hollywood. That'll be expensive.
她住在西好莱坞 房租很贵
I-I guess I could rent our New York apartment.
我想我可以把我们在纽约的公寓租出去
You have to continue to prove New York residence.
你必须继续证明你们是住在纽约的
And of course, if you have a place in LA,
当然 如果你在洛杉矶有住处
it's hard to show you all live in New York, isn't it?
就很难证明你们都住在纽约 是吧
I recommend you spend as much time as you can with your son.
我建议你尽可能多地陪伴你儿子
Many people fight for that time,
许多人争取监护时间
then they don't even use it.
然后又根本不用
They just want to win.
他们只是想赢
This shouldn't be that complicated, right?
事情没那么复杂 对吧
I mean, we're a New York family.
我们家住在纽约
I think it's all pretty straightforward. Right?
我觉得一切都很清楚 不是吗
I see no reason...
我觉得没理由…
You both love your child.
你们两个都爱孩子
You respect each other.
你们尊重对方
Why this shouldn't be relatively pain-free.
这过程没理由会很痛苦
I think you have my glasses.
你戴的应该是我的眼镜
- What have you been doing? - Reading this magazine.
- 你在做什么 - 看这本杂志
You were reading California Lawyer?
你在看《加州律师》吗
Okay, I'm almost done.
好 我就快结束了
I wouldn't expect too much from that cat.
我不会对那只猫期待太高
- What kind of pet do you want? - I don't know...
- 你想养什么宠物 - 不知道
I want you to know that eventually this will all be over,
我希望你知道这一切终究会结束
and whatever we win or lose...
不管我们这次是赢是输
it'll be the two of you having to figure this out together.
都该是你们两个人一起解决这事
You're the first person in this process who's spoken to me like a human.
你是这个过程中第一个把我当人看的
You remind me of myself on my second marriage.
你让我想起第二段婚姻中的自己
Come! Come! Come! Come!
快过来 快过来
You have fun with Daddy?
你和爸爸玩得开心吗
We drove around to offices.
我们转了好几个办公室
Do you want to see your ninja costume? It's on G-ma's bed.
想看看你的忍者服吗 在外婆床上
You know, I had Donna build him this whole Frankenstein thing
我让唐娜给他做了这件科学怪人服装
with the plugs and...
带插头什么的
Yeah, well, the cousins are ninjas, so he wanted to do that...
他的表兄妹们都扮忍者 所以他也想…
But he and I had decided together.
但我和他一起决定了扮这个
Well, I can't make him be Frankenstein.
我不能逼他扮科学怪人
I'm not asking you to, but maybe you can help me out a little.
我没让逼他 只是你或许能帮我一下
I'll leave the Frankenstein here,
我把这科学怪人服装留在这里
maybe you can nudge him in that direction.
或许你能劝他穿这个
Did you dye your hair again? Is that for your show?
你又染头发了吗 是为了拍戏吗
No, this is me. It was this way when I saw you before.
不 我就是这样 之前见你就是这样
I know, but I didn't say anything then.
我知道 但我那时没说什么
No, I guess it's fine.
不是 其实还好
Is it shorter? I prefer longer but...
剪短了吗 我更喜欢长点 不过…
Sorry, it's just absurd.
抱歉 有点可笑
You seem, I don't know, like something is...
你看着…像有事…
Okay, I'm going to check in at the hotel,
好吧 我去酒店办理入住
but I should be able to get to you guys by 5:00, 5:30...
不过应该能五点或五点半来找你们
We're going to Cassie's in Pasadena
我们要去凯西家 在帕萨迪纳
and trick-or-treating with the cousins.
和他的表兄妹们一起去讨糖
Cassie lives in Pasadena now?
凯西现在住在帕萨迪纳了吗
Yes. She and Sam moved there a couple months ago.
是的 她和山姆几个月前搬去了那里
Okay, I don't really know Pasadena.
好吧 我对帕萨迪纳不怎么熟
I'll figure it out.
我会搞清楚
- Because my mom is looking forward to it... - What's the address?
- 因为我妈很期待 - 地址在哪
- and Cassie and Sam are mad. - I'll text Sam.
- 凯西和山姆生气了 - 我给山姆发短信
- Mad at who? - You.
- 生谁的气 - 你
- Cassie and Sam? - You can understand that.
- 凯西和山姆吗 - 你能理解吧
So, I think we should probably do separate Halloweens.
所以我想我们应该各自过万圣节
But if you're okay with it, then shouldn't they be okay with it?
可是你没意见 他们不也该没意见吗
- Let's do it this way this time. - Do you not want me there?
- 我们这次就这么做吧 - 你不想让我去吗
- Okay. - It'll be nice for him.
- 好吧 - 这对他来说是好事
He'll have two Halloweens.
他可以过两次万圣节
What am I going to do with him for second Halloween?
第二次万圣节我要和他做什么
Walk around Sunset Boulevard?
逛日落大道吗
Maybe the hotel has something.
或许酒店会有什么活动
Or you can drive to a different neighborhood.
或者你可以开车去别的社区
The sun sets forever.
太阳永远落下了
There shall never be another dawn.
再也不会有黎明
I require the solace of the shadows...
我需要阴影
Okay, ready for Halloween?
准备好过万圣节了吗
Sweetheart, don't forget to wear your jacket.
宝贝 别忘了穿外套
It's getting colder.
天变冷了
- This is a nice house. - Ready to go back out?
- 这里不错 - 准备好再次出门了吗
- He has to pee. - No, I don't.
- 他得尿尿 - 不用尿
Some of his men are in here and also Bear-Bear.
他的一些玩偶在里面 还有一只玩具熊
You can keep that Bear-Bear, because I got another one.
那只玩具熊可以归你 因为我还有一只
Does he know that there are two Bear-Bears?
他知道有两只玩具熊吗
David Bowie, right? Station to Station?
你是大卫·鲍伊吧 《站台》
David Bowie, right? Station to Station?
大卫·鲍伊 英国摇滚歌手 演员你是大卫·鲍伊吧 《站台》
Henry, have a great Halloween with Daddy, okay?
亨利 和爸爸好好享受万圣节 好吗
Go pee and then we're going back out.
快去尿尿 然后我们再出去
Go pee, and then we're going to go drive to Halloween.
去尿尿 我们要开车出去过万圣节
This block looks promising.
这条街看起来有戏
I wish Halloween was over.
真希望万圣节结束了
If we were in New York, we could be walking.
我们要是在纽约 就可以步行
But I like that we're sitting right now. I like to sit.
但现在坐着挺好的 我喜欢坐着
That's true, Los Angeles does have sitting going for it.
没错 洛杉矶的人确实喜欢坐着
I think that's why I like Los Angeles better.
我想这就是我更喜欢洛杉矶的原因
Because you get to sit?
因为你能坐着吗
No, because I like my friends here better.
不 因为我更喜欢这里的朋友
What about Horatio and Poppy?
霍雷肖和波比呢
Horatio doesn't like me anymore.
霍雷肖不喜欢我了
And I don't like Poppy.
我不喜欢波比
Here, I have Axel.
我在这里有阿克塞尔
Axel's hilarious. I think you'd like him, Dad.
阿克塞尔很有趣 你会喜欢他的 爸爸
And my family's here.
而且我的家人在这里
Everyone's asleep.
大家都睡着了
Who gave you a lighter?
这打火机是谁给的
I'm going to have to go back to New York on Monday.
我周一得回纽约
Will you play with me?
你能陪我玩吗
Did you hear me? I have to go back to New York.
你听到了吗 我要回纽约
Watch out! Whoosh! I'm falling!
小心 嗖 我要掉下来了
You didn't catch me.
你没接住我
Why aren't you here more?
你为什么不在这里待久一点
You know my play is opening on Broadway.
你知道我的剧要在百老汇上演了
Is it because you don't want to be near Mom?
是因为你不想待在妈妈身边吗
No. You know, like we talked about,
不是 我们聊过这事了
we both decided not to be together no matter where we are,
我们俩决定不管在哪 都不会在一起了
but we both want to be with you.
但我们都想跟你在一起
But you're not near me if you're in New York.
但你要是回纽约 就不在我身边了
Well, we all still live in New York.
我们都还住在纽约
Yeah, but I go to school here.
嗯 但我在这里上学
Like that time we were in Copenhagen for my play.
就像那次我去导演戏剧 我们一家住在哥本哈根
Remember all those kids in buckets?
还记得那些在桶里的小孩吗
I like my school here,
我喜欢在这里上学
and Mom says we could stay here if we want.
妈妈说如果我们愿意 就可以留在这里
- Hello? - Are you moving out here?
- 喂 - 你要搬到洛杉矶吗
Did you find a lawyer?
你找到律师了吗
Yes. Henry says you're moving here.
找了 亨利说你要搬到这里
Have your lawyer call Nora.
让你的律师打给诺拉吧
I want to talk about it as us.
我想以我们的身份谈谈这件事
Who the fuck is "us"?
"我们"算什么
Let's just get in a room, you and me.
我们坐下来谈谈吧 就我们俩
That's what we always said we'd do.
我们一直都说要这么做的
- My lawyers wouldn't let me - It's not up to them.
- 我的律师不让我 - 由不得他们
- sign anything. - It's up to us. It's our divorce.
- 签任何东西 - 我们说了算 是我们离婚
They say I could later sue them for malpractice.
他们说我之后可以控告他们渎职
What am I walking into?
我惹上了什么麻烦
What are you walking into?
你惹上了什么麻烦
Yes, what the fuck is going on?!
对 这他妈怎么回事
I read your fucking emails, Charlie! I read them all.
我看了你的电邮 查理 我都看了
- When? - I don't know, recently.
- 什么时候 - 不知道 就在最近
- Shit. - You're a fucking liar.
- 靠 - 你个死的骗子
You fucked Mary Ann!
你上了玛丽·安
It was after I was sleeping on the couch.
那是在我睡沙发之后
All this bullshit about working on us.
你说要解决我们的问题都是屁话
You know what? I have been working.
你知道吗 我一直在努力解决
I've been doing the work alone.
我一直在孤军奋战
How did you read my emails?
你怎么能看到我的电邮
I hacked into your account, you dumb fuck!
我黑了你的账号 蠢蛋
I think that's illegal!
那是非法的
Don't give me this shit about being surprised about LA.
别他妈对搬到洛杉矶感到惊讶
Surprise! I have my own opinions.
想不到吧 我有自己的想法
How do you even know how to do something like that?
你怎么知道如何黑我的账号
Surprise! I want things that aren't what you want,
想不到吧 我想要的东西不是你想要的
because, surprise, you were fucking another lady.
因为想不到吧 你上了别的女人
It was one time! I think you're conflating two different things.
就那一次 我觉得你把两件事混为一谈了
Mary Ann has nothing to do with LA.
玛丽·安和洛杉矶没关系
I am conflating, motherfucker!
我就是在混为一谈 混蛋
You watch me conflate!
你就看着我无理取闹吧
Did you just stamp your foot?
你刚刚是跺脚了吗
I don't think I've ever done that before. I'm just so angry.
我之前从没这么干过 我只是太生气了
You look like you needed one.
看来你需要喝一杯
You know, the Japanese are making
日本人正在调制
really interesting tequila right now.
非常有意思的龙舌兰酒
That's exciting, I guess.
听起来挺刺激
- What are you so angry about? - My fucking ex-husband.
- 什么事让你这么生气 - 我那混账前夫
I spent all this time feeling guilty, and he's so self-absorbed.
我一直都心怀愧疚 他却只想着自己
It's a game I'm playing with myself.
就像是和自己玩游戏
Pablo. Uh, we met at...
我叫帕布罗 我们见过…
- You held the bounce board. - The flirty grip.
- 你是那个拿反光板的 - 撩妹的器械师
- Here's what I want you to only do, okay? - What?
- 按我说的来 好吗 - 什么
- I want you to finger me. - What?
- 我要你用手指插我 - 什么
- Just finger me. - Okay.
- 用手指就行 - 好
That's all we're going to do, just fingering. Okay?
我们只用手 好吗
I'm changing my whole fucking life.
我要改变我的人生
Nicole and Charlie's son, Henry, was born here in Los Angeles.
妮可和查理的儿子亨利在洛杉矶出生
He currently attends Laurel Elementary in Laurel Canyon,
目前就读于月桂谷的月桂小学
and Nicole works in Hollywood
妮可在好莱坞工作
while also maintaining a full schedule as a mother
同时也承担起了母亲的全部责任
with classes of swim, art,
上游泳课 美术课
gym, and music, as well as play groups.
体育课 音乐课和活动小组
Nicole is Henry's primary custodial parent,
妮可是亨利的主要监护家长
and to the extent that Charlie would like to exercise his custodial time,
查理如果想行使所定的监护时间
he should be making efforts to visit Henry here in California.
就应该来加州探望亨利
Nora, you seem to be ignoring the fact
诺拉 你好像忽视了
that they lived in New York for ten years.
他们在纽约住了十年这一事实
My client worked in New York for several years, that's true.
没错 我的委托人在纽约工作了几年
But Nicole was born and bred right here in LA.
但妮可生长于洛杉矶
She and Charlie would come here most holidays and summers
她和查理在多数假期和暑期都会来这里
to spend time with her family, who all live in LA.
和她住在洛杉矶的家人们共度时光
She and Charlie were married in LA.
他们是在洛杉矶结婚的
Would you like to see the photos?
你要看看当时的照片吗
No, I don't need to see the photos.
不 我不必看照片
Although I'm sure they both look beautiful.
不过照片一定拍得很好看
It's my client's expectation
我的委托人以为
that after this TV show is completed,
在拍完这部电视剧之后
the parties will move back to New York
双方就会搬回纽约
where they currently keep an apartment.
他们在那里有一所公寓
And it's my understanding that Charlie promised Nicole
据我所知 查理向妮可保证过
that they would spend more time in Los Angeles during the marriage.
他们在婚内会多来洛杉矶
But because of his insistence that his work keep them in New York,
但由于他坚称他得留在纽约工作
Nicole ended up staying there much longer than she ever anticipated.
妮可最终在纽约待的时间比预期的更长
In fact, a few years ago,
事实上 早在几年前
Charlie was offered a residency at the Geffen Playhouse
查理就收到了在格芬剧院的驻留项目邀约
that would have taken his work and his family
能够将工作和家庭
to Los Angeles for a year.
转来洛杉矶一年
Even though that was Nicole's desire.
尽管那是妮可的愿望
He wanted to maintain consistency for his family and his child.
他想为家庭和孩子维持稳定
Was this the same consistency he wanted to maintain
这与他为了能导演一部戏剧
when they went to Copenhagen for six months
举家搬去哥本哈根半年
so he could direct a play?
是同一种稳定吗
Now, while I understand Charlie lives in New York...
我知道查理住在纽约
and when it's convenient to his work schedule,
与工作安排不冲突的时候
he flies out to see his son...
他就会飞来看儿子
He flies out here every chance he gets, at great expense.
他一有机会就飞过来 花费巨大
I don't see any reason you can't be out here full time.
我不明白你为什么不能一直住在这里
He makes his living in New York.
他要在纽约谋生
- Sorry, do we want to contemplate lunch? - Good idea.
- 抱歉 要考虑一下午餐吗 - 好主意
I'll order now so it'll come when we're all hungry.
我现在订餐 等我们都饿了正好送到
- Everyone good with Manny's? - I'd love Manny's.
- 曼宁餐厅可以吗 - 我很喜欢
Have you had Manny's?
你吃过曼宁餐厅吗
Just really yummy sandwiches and salads.
有非常美味的三明治和沙拉
I'll have the BLT.
我要培根生菜番茄三明治
I'll have the BLT.
我要培根生菜番茄三明治
- You'll have the kale? - Kale salad.
- 你要羽衣甘蓝对吗 - 羽衣甘蓝沙拉
I don't know, sorry.
我不知道吃什么 抱歉
Charlie will have, um...
查理要…
but with lemon and olive oil instead of the Greek dressing.
把希腊酱换成柠檬和橄榄油
- I'll have the Chinese chicken salad. - Okay, sure.
- 我要中式鸡肉沙拉 - 好的
- Thank you. - Yeah.
- 谢谢 - 客气
Congratulations, Charlie, on your grant. Nicole told me.
查理 恭喜你获奖了 妮可跟我说了
Well, I told Nicole I loved your play.
我跟妮可说 我很喜欢你的戏剧
- Thanks. - Really.
- 谢谢 - 真的很喜欢
You are one smart cookie.
你是个人才
I would just love to...
我真想
crawl inside that brain.
钻进你的脑袋里
There was that one moment when you smell the toast, smell.
有那么一刻可以闻到你的天才气息 闻得到
It was literally my favorite thing that I saw that year.
真的是我那年看过的最爱的剧
- Thanks. - Truly genius.
- 谢谢 - 实至名归
I was sorry to hear it closed on Broadway.
听说这部剧在百老汇停演了 我很遗憾
They couldn't smell the toast.
他们感受不到天才气息
It was so emotional.
这部剧非常有感染力
It's very competitive, I imagine.
我想竞争一定很激烈吧
Now, when Charlie is in Los Angeles,
查理在洛杉矶期间
Nicole, of course, agrees that it will be best for Henry
妮可当然赞成对于亨利来说
that he see each parent equally.
见到父母的时间一样多是最好的
It's very nice out here, Charlie. You should give it a chance.
洛杉矶很不错的 查理 你应该试试
Yeah, and the space... you can't beat it.
对 这里空间广阔 无处可比
But all of our personal feelings about the two cities aside,
但撇开我们对这两座城市的个人感受不谈
we don't share your assertion
我们不同意你们主张的
that the couple is an LA-based family.
这对夫妇是住在洛杉矶的说法
It was very clearly their deal
很明显 他们的协议是
that they would go back to New York after Nicole finished her show.
在妮可拍完这部电视剧之后搬回纽约
I'm not aware of any deal.
我可没听说有什么协议
Well, I didn't get it in writing.
我没有写成书面协议
Charlie, is this like the deal that you made
查理 这个协议和你答应的
that you and Nicole would spend more time in LA during your marriage?
你们在婚内会多来洛杉矶的协议一样吗
We didn't have a deal. It was something we discussed.
那不是协议 我们只是讨论过
So, it's a deal when it's something you want
所以你的要求就是协议
and a discussion when Nicole wants it?
而妮可的要求就是讨论
Nora, do you have a spare office
诺拉 有空办公室
where Charlie and I can sidebar?
让我跟查理私下商量吗
- Can you, um... - I can show you.
- 你能… - 我带你们去
Nora is a very good lawyer.
诺拉是位很棒的律师
- Tough, right? - Yeah.
- 强势 对吗 - 对
And you're in a bind
而你现在进退两难
because you've shown you're willing to fly out here
因为你已经表明了你愿意飞到这里
and rent an apartment to see your son.
租间公寓来看儿子
- You told me to do that. - I know that.
- 是你叫我这么做的 - 我知道
And I'm doing that because I want to see my kid,
而且我这么做是因为想见儿子
not to set a precedent.
不是为了开创先例
Yes, but unfortunately, you are setting a precedent.
对 但不幸的是 你确实在开创先例
And a judge might look at it that way.
而且法官也可能会这么看
What's the alternative?
还有什么别的办法吗
I stay in New York and never come out here?
我待在纽约再也不来这里行吗
No, because then it would look to the court
不行 因为那样会让法庭觉得
like you don't care about seeing your son.
你不在乎见不见儿子
Court or no court? Stop saying
到底上不上法庭 别一下说"上法庭"
"court" and then "never court."
一下又说"不上法庭"
Well, the way this is going, we may have to go to court.
照这个趋势下去 我们很可能要上法庭
- Are you aware of how maddening you sound? - I am.
- 你知道你这话听上去有多疯狂吗 - 知道
And I know it seems unfair.
而且我知道看起来不公平
But imagine if you were...
但想像一下如果你是一位
a poor mother whose husband abandons her,
被丈夫抛弃的可怜母亲
and then refuses to pay anything.
而且他还拒绝支付任何费用
That's what the system is trying to protect people from.
政府就是要保护人们免于陷入这种困境
if I were representing you...
如果由我来代理你
You are representing me.
你是在代理我啊
Right, no, of course. No...
对 不 当然 不
I don't see a judge moving this child from California.
我觉得法官不会让这孩子离开加州
I think we try and settle today.
我们今天应该尽量达成和解
Settle meaning what?
怎么和解
I mean, we have to win this.
我们必须得赢
Remember, the win is what's best for Henry.
别忘了 对亨利最好的做法才叫赢
And if you guys go to court, he's going to get pulled into it.
如果你们上法庭 就会把他也卷进来
But if he stays here and I stay in New York, that's just...
但如果他住在这里而我住在纽约
I'll never get to really be his parent again.
我再也无法当他的父亲了
It'll be different.
会是不一样的父亲
So maybe you move here.
那也许你应该搬过来
You heard what Aamir said about space.
你也听到阿米尔说这里空间广阔了
Fuck the space, Bert! Fuck the space!
去他的空间 伯特 去他的空间
I'll do whatever you want me to do, but this is my advice.
我会照你说的做 但我的建议就是这样
I've seen these things go on and on,
我见过这种事情没完没了地拖下去
and the burden of these battles is immeasurable.
而这种争斗所造成的负担是无法估量的
I had a client get colon cancer
我曾有个客户得了结肠癌
and die before he and his wife came to agreement.
他一直到死都没有跟妻子达成协议
What about filing in New York?
那在纽约起诉呢
And even if you did, I don't think it would matter.
而且即使去纽约 我觉得也无济于事
They're being reasonable financially, you know?
她们在财务上的要求挺合理的
You're... You're lucky they didn't ask for half your grant money.
她们没要走一半奖金 你已经很幸运了
She wouldn't do that.
她不会那么做的
She knows I put all that money back in my theater.
她知道我把所有的钱都投回剧团里了
If this continues, she might.
如果事情发展下去 她可能会的
The actors and crew all rely on that money.
演员和工作人员都靠那笔钱养活
The court would never agree with this, right?
法庭也不会同意的 对吗
Whether they do or not, it'll cost you half your grant money
不管他们同不同意 你都要花一半的奖金
to go to court and prove it.
在法庭上证明这一点
I feel like a criminal.
我感觉自己就像个罪犯
But you didn't commit any crime.
但你没犯过任何罪
It doesn't feel that way.
感觉并不是那样
If we give on LA right now,
如果我们现在在洛杉矶的事上做点妥协
and then try to make the best deal possible,
然后尽可能达成一个最有利的协议
I think we can get her to give on other fronts.
我们就可以让她在其他方面做点让步
There are no other fronts!
根本没有其他方面
He needs to know that I fought for him!
他得知道我为他争取过
I should never have let her come out here with Henry.
我就不该让她带亨利到这里来
If it wasn't LA and New York,
就算没有洛杉矶和纽约的问题
it'd be something else.
也会有别的问题
You'd be fighting about a house, or a school district, or...
你们会争房子 学区或…
You know what this is like?
你知道这是什么情况吗
This is like that joke about the woman at the hairdresser,
这就像那个女人和发型师的笑话
she's going to Rome.
她要去罗马
- Do you know this? - I don't.
- 你知道这个笑话吗 - 不知道
This woman is at her hairdresser and she says,
有个女人跟她的发型师说
"I'm going to Rome on holiday."
"我要去罗马度假"
And he says, "Oh, really? What... what airline are you taking?"
然后他说"是吗 你要乘哪家公司的航班"
She says, "Alitalia."
她说"意大利航空"
He says, "Alitalia? Are you crazy?
他说"意大利航空 你疯了吗
That's the worst... That's terrible. Don't take that."
那是最差的 糟透了 别选那家"
He says, "Where are you going to stay?"
他又问"你要住哪家酒店"
She says, "I'm going to stay at the Hassler."
她说"我要住哈斯勒酒店"
"The Hassler? What, are you kidding?
"哈斯勒 什么 你在开玩笑吗
They're renovating the Hassler.
哈斯勒酒店在装修
You'll hear hammering all night long.
你整晚都会听到敲墙声
You won't sleep. What are you going to see?"
根本睡不着觉 你要去哪个景点"
She says, "I think I'm going to try to go to the Vatican."
她说"我要去梵蒂冈"
"The Vatican? You'll be standing in line all day long.
"梵蒂冈 你会整天排队
You'll never get to see anything..."
什么都看不到…"
I'm sorry, Bert, am I paying for this joke?
抱歉 伯特 我付钱是听笑话的吗
Whatever happens here, it's temporary.
不管现在发生什么 都只是暂时的
He's growing up. He's going to have opinions on the subject.
他会长大 他会对这件事有自己的看法
Time is on your side, Charlie.
时间对你有利 查理
Maybe he'll do college on the East Coast.
也许他会去东海岸上大学
I have most of my coins,
我把大部分硬币放在爸爸家
I have most of my coins,
应付:25,087.50我把大部分硬币放在爸爸家
I have most of my coins,
我把大部分硬币放在爸爸家
like my quarters and dimes at Daddy's...
比如25美分和10美分
like my quarters and dimes at Daddy's...
查理·巴伯比如25美分和10美分
like my quarters and dimes at Daddy's...
比如25美分和10美分
- Right. - but I'm keeping my dollars
- 好 - 但我要把一块的
and my one twenty at yours, okay?
还有一张20块放在你家 行吗
So, that is one twenty plus 50, what is that?
那就是20加上50 是多少钱
So, that is one twenty plus 50, what is that?
支票收款人:伯特·斯皮茨那就是20加上50 是多少钱
Goddamn it.
该死的支票收款人:伯特·斯皮茨
What's "Goddamn it"?
"该死的"是什么
Did you guys lose power where you are?
你们那里停电了吗
Dad? Did we lose power?
爸爸 我们停电了吗
There's rolling blackouts in the hills and now...
山庄这里在轮流停电 而现在…
Damn it. Now the gate won't close.
该死 现在门关不上了
Her gate won't close.
她的门关不上了
- Can we go see my room? - Yeah, of course.
- 我们能去看我的房间吗 - 当然可以
- You tried all the... - I tried everything.
- 你试了所有的… - 我什么都试过了
Sorry I made you come out.
抱歉让你跑一趟
- I just... - You don't want your gate open.
- 我只是… - 你不想敞着大门
There should be a panel or something...
应该有个仪表板什么的
Maybe this is something here.
也许是那边那个
- It's a cute house. - Oh, yeah.
- 房子不错 - 是啊
I mean, from what I can see.
至少外面看起来不错
You're getting shaggy.
你头发乱蓬蓬的
Yeah, I have to find a hair cutter.
是啊 我得找个理发师
You want me to cut it?
要我帮你剪吗
Maybe he should stay here tonight.
也许他今晚应该住下来
Hey, come on. We're going.
过来 我们走
Come on. Let's take a walk. Right?
来 我们去走走 好吗
Yeah, we're going to take a walk.
好 我们去走走
- We're taking a walk. - Fine, all right. She's crazy.
- 我们去走走 - 好 行 她疯了
We're mostly finished.
我们已经商量得差不多了
Bert and I hammered out 90 percent of the details,
伯特和我已经敲定了百分之九十的细节
and there's a couple minor things hanging,
还有几件小事没定
but it should be easy.
但应该也没什么难的
And then the judge makes your divorce official.
然后法官就正式判你们离婚了
- Fuck me. - What?
- 我操 - 怎么了
Charlie shouldn't have done this.
查理不应该这么做
What do you mean? Where's Bert?
什么意思 伯特去哪了
This means that everything we've agreed upon now is off the table.
这意味着我们说好的一切现在都不作数了
We've got LA, right?
留在洛杉矶还作数 对吗
Not with Jay Marotta representing him.
如果由杰伊·马洛塔代理他就不一定了
This is a street fight now.
现在要打恶战了
And I'm going to have to ask for things
我会要求一些通常情况下
that we wouldn't normally ask for.
不会要求的东西
This system rewards bad behavior.
这个体制总是奖励卑劣行径
I saw Miriam at Madeo the other night.
我那天晚上在马蒂奥餐厅看到米里亚姆了
- Yeah? - Looking very handsome.
- 是吗 - 她漂亮极了
You know, you should come to our Stand Up To Cancer event.
你应该来参加我们的"勇敢面对癌症"活动
- John Legend's going to play. - Oh, love him.
- 约翰·传奇会来献唱 - 我喜欢他
Okay? It's going to be at the Beverly Hilton, I think.
好吗 在比佛利希尔顿酒店
- Great. - Okay?
- 棒极了 - 好吗
She said you're spending more time in Malibu.
她说你大部分时间都在马里布
- Really? - Me too.
- 真的吗 - 我也是
I haven't seen her since
自从那栋楼成了
I haven't seen her since
巴伯婚姻 案件编号:BD 646-058自从那栋楼成了
that building was ICM.
国际创新管理公司我就没见过她了巴伯婚姻 案件编号:BD 646-058
A little history...
先说段历史
Ten years ago, Charlie takes a risk when he first hires Nicole
十年前 查理冒了很大的风险
as an actress in his play in New York City.
请妮可出演他在纽约的第一部戏剧
He's a well-regarded up-and-coming director of the avant-garde.
他是一位声名鹊起的前卫派新晋导演
And she's known as the girl in that college sex movie
而她却是以在青春情色片里
who takes her top off.
脱掉上衣而闻名的女孩
- My client will not be slut-shamed... - Ten years on...
- 我的当事人不应该因为 - 十年来
for an artistic choice.
艺术选择而受到荡妇羞辱
and many prestigious theater roles later...
她出演了许多著名的戏剧角色
she becomes an actress of great credibility.
才成为备受尊崇的女演员
And it's because of that credibility,
正因为这些声望
that she's offered the lead role in a major television show.
她才得到了当红电视剧主角的邀约
This new opportunity is thanks to Charlie.
所以这个新机遇也是拜查理所赐
Your Honor, we shouldn't have to pay support money at this point.
法官阁下 这样说来我们根本不该付抚养费
In fact, Charlie is entitled to half her TV money,
事实上 查理有权分得她电视剧收入的一半
present and future earnings of the show.
包括这个剧现在和将来的收入
Charlie's just received the enormous sum of $650,000
查理刚刚收到了麦克阿瑟天才奖支付的
in the form of a MacArthur grant.
总额65万美元的巨额奖金
- Of which he gets - This is for the theater work...
- 这笔钱是 - 这是因为他在婚姻存续期间
- in 125,000 installments - he conducted during the marriage.
- 分期付款 - 所进行的戏剧工作而获得的
over five years.
每笔12.5万 分五年支付
- So by Jay's same logic, this is work - He uses the money
- 所以根据杰的逻辑 这些工作 - 他用这些钱去
- that Nicole contributed to in numerous ways. - to employ actors and crew members
- 妮可在许多方面也做出了贡献 - 雇佣演员和剧团工作人员
- One at a time, please. - and to pay debts that he's accumulated
- 请一个一个说 - 并偿还剧团公司累积的债务
with his theater company that stars his wife.
也就是让她妻子担任主角的剧团公司
- Bless you. - Not only did she turn down a lucrative
- 长命百岁 - 她为了在他的小剧团演出
and successful career in movies
不仅拒绝了收益颇丰的工作机会
to perform in his little theater,
和在银幕上大获成功的机会
but she actually supplied charlie
实际上 她还在查理起步时
with a loan early on to help out.
借了他一笔钱帮他走出困境
Which he paid back.
这笔钱他已经还了
She lent her name to the marquee,
她让他在广告上用她的名字
which was the principle reason people came to the theater.
这也是人们来剧团看剧的主要原因
That may have been true ten years ago.
十年前可能是这样
And in turn, she helped establish Charlie's reputation.
她转而帮助查理建立起了名声
Now, over the next ten years,
在接下来的十多年里
she was subsequently offered parts in movies, TV shows,
她陆续接到很多电影和电视剧角色的邀约
most of which she turned down at Charlie's behest
因为查理想让她做贤妻良母并出演他的戏剧
to be a mom and act in his plays.
她拒绝了大部分的邀约
So, while we are willing to be flexible on support,
所以虽然我们说了抚养费好商量
we contend that half of Charlie's grant money
但我们主张查理的奖金
be split between the parties.
应该由双方平分
I don't see how you can claim that she gets half a grant
明明是因为他才华横溢而获得的奖金
dedicated to his genius.
为什么你觉得她应该分得一半
He became a genius during the marriage.
他是在这段婚姻中变得有才华的
Charlie himself, upon hearing that he received the prize,
查理在听到他得奖的消息后
told Nicole that it belonged to her too.
亲口告诉妮可这奖也属于她
That's what people say when they win awards.
人们在得奖后都会那样说
No, he was implying what was true.
不 他说的是事实
His genius was an intangible asset built during the marriage.
他的才华是这段婚姻造就的无形财产
Nora, I like how you refer to Charlie's theater
诺拉 我觉得你对查理剧团的形容很有意思
as a ramshackle downtown dump
当你在争夺抚养权时
when you're arguing custody,
剧团是闹市区中摇摇欲坠的垃圾堆
but when you want more money,
而当你想争得更多财产时
he's a big, rich, genius Broadway director.
查理又成了有钱的百老汇天才大导演
You can't have it both ways.
便宜不能都让你给占了
Really? Why not?
真的吗 为什么不行
And whether you think it's fair or not, Jay,
杰伊 无论你觉得这样分配是否公平
the first monetary installment from the MacArthur grant
麦克阿瑟天才奖支付的第一笔奖金
was put into a joint marital account, and thus became...
被存进了夫妻联名账户 因此是二人的…
- communal property. - Fuck. You shouldn't have put that money in a joint account.
- 共同财产 - 操 你不该把那笔钱存进联名账户里
There's not going to be anything left, anyway.
反正也不会有钱剩下来
I'm using it all to divorce her.
我把奖金全用在打离婚官司上了
Nora, I have to say that your account of this marriage
诺拉 我不得不说 你描述的这段婚姻
takes place in an alternate reality.
好似发生在另一个世界
By suddenly moving to LA
由于妮可突然搬到洛杉矶
and insisting on an LA residence,
并且坚持要留在洛杉矶居住
Nicole is withholding Henry...
她目前实属扣留亨利…
- Counsel, please be seated. - alienating him from his father,
- 律师 请坐下 - 使他与他的父亲疏远
which has turned Charlie's world upside down.
把查理的生活搅得天翻地覆
- Counselor? - It amounts to an ambush.
- 律师 - 这根本就是个圈套
"Witholding," Jay?
杰伊 真的吗
Really? "Alienating"?
你竟然用"扣留"和"疏远"这种字眼
Well, those are fighting words,
你是想激怒我才故意这样说
and it's simply false and
而且这完全是一派胡言
does nothing to further this settlement.
对于和解没有任何帮助
Your recap of this situation is outrageous.
你对案情的回顾很荒唐
And although California is, without doubt, a no-fault state,
尽管加州支持无过错离婚
it bears mentioning in the accurate recap of this situation
本着准确回顾案情的原则 我想要指出的是
that Charlie had had extramarital affairs.
查理曾经有过数次婚外情
- An extramarital affair. - Do you really want me to go there?
- 只是一次婚外情 - 你真想要较真吗
- Yeah, let's go there. - Okay.
- 没错 我们就是要较真 - 那好吧
Nicole has admitted to hacking Charlie's computer
妮可承认她黑进了查理的电脑
and reading his emails,
读了他的电邮
which, if proven, is a felony.
如果确属实情 那可是重罪
And, Nora, I don't think you'd be too happy
诺拉 我猜如果我问起平日晚上
if I ask Nicole about her alcohol consumption in the evenings.
妮可的酗酒情况 你就不会那么得意了
She confided in Charlie one night recently,
她最近一个晚上曾告诉查理
having just carried Henry to bed,
她刚把亨利哄睡着
that she was having trouble standing while walking down the staircase.
就没法好好站稳走下楼梯了
And from what I understand, this is not an isolated event.
依我的理解来看 这不是一起偶发事件
So you let me know, Nora,
所以诺拉 如果你真想来这一套的话
and we will go there as needed.
我会奉陪到底
how do you expect to have more time with Henry
你现在都不抓紧机会
when you don't exercise the time you already have,
负起责任陪伴亨利
and exercise it responsibly?
怎么能指望争得更多的监护时间呢
On a recent visit to Los Angeles,
在查理最近一次来洛杉矶时
after failing to call, text, communicate in any way,
我们无法通过任何通讯方式或手段联络到他
shape, or form,
无论是打电话还是发短信
Charlie finally arrived two hours late
他最后迟到了两个小时
to pick up Henry at Nicole's mother's house.
才来到妮可母亲家里接亨利
At that point, the car seat,
那时 查理向妮可保证的
which he had assured Nicole had been professionally installed,
已由专业人士安装在车后座的儿童安全座椅
was clearly not even belted in.
显然没有固定好
It was just sitting in the back seat.
安全座椅只是放在后座上
You have to buckle in the car seat.
你必须得自己把安全座椅扣好
- I know. - It's the law.
- 我知道 - 这是法律规定
I thought the rental place did it.
我原以为租赁公司已经装好了
- They can't. It's a liability. - I know that now.
- 他们不能帮你装 不然他们得担责 - 我现在知道这点了
Once we discovered that, we fixed it.
我们当时发现座椅是松的 就立刻把它装好了
You can see my courtroom is full
你们也看到了我的法庭里坐满了人
and there are people who don't have
尽管他们没你们的客户有钱
the resources your clients have,
但他们也在等候案件审理
and I'm fairly certain you haven't exhausted, in good faith,
我也很确信你们双方就这起抚养权的争夺案件
the arguments in the case of this child.
仍有很多话要说
In the meantime, we'll keep the status quo.
与此同时 我们维持现状
This remains an LA family for the time being.
目前这家人依然住在洛杉矶
I took over this department recently,
我最近才接手这个部门
and I'm still becoming acquainted with the cases.
目前依然在了解案件详情的过程中
So, I'm going to appoint an expert evaluator
所以我决定指派一名
who knows much more about young children than I do.
比我更了解小孩的专业评估员
Once the evaluation is done,
一旦评估完成
we'll modify the orders where necessary.
我们会视情况对裁定作出修订
He's with Cassie and her kids at Laser Tag.
凯西带他和自家小孩去玩镭战游戏了
You want something to drink?
你想要喝点什么吗
I have unfiltered tap water, beer, and some juice boxes.
我有未经过滤的自来水 啤酒 果汁
I'll take a juice box.
给我来盒果汁吧
You don't have anything on the walls?
你没在墙上挂点什么东西吗
I don't have anything to put on them except Henry's art,
我还没找到能挂上去的东西 除了亨利的画
which is being framed.
目前正在装裱
I can give you some stuff, you know, until you get some things.
我可以给你些照片 直到你自己买到挂画
How about that great picture of Henry on the Staten Island Ferry?
那张亨利在史丹顿岛渡轮上的美照如何
Aren't you in that one?
你不也在那张照片里吗
I guess I... You could...
我猜…你得…
- cut me out. - I have to leave a day early to New York on the 22nd.
- 把我抠掉 - 我得提前一天走 22号就回纽约
So I was wondering if I could take Henry that Friday.
所以那个周五能不能由我来带亨利
The 22nd. So, that's the 21st?
22号走 那你是指21号那天吗
We have plans, actually.
那天我们已经有安排了
We're going to, um,
亨利和他的
some thing at LACMA with the cousins.
表兄妹们要去洛杉矶郡艺术博物馆参加活动
But could you change it so I could take him?
那你能不能改变下安排 那天让我来带他呢
It's just one night.
只在那天晚上才有
- He's looking forward to it. - Really?
- 亨利很想去 - 真的吗
It's my night, Charlie, we negotiated it.
我们说好了的 查理 那晚他归我
No, I'm just asking you to be flexible.
我只是想问问你能不能迁就一下
You come in and out
你来去匆匆
and I adjust based on your schedule.
我都是依据你的日程表来调整我的安排
This one night we have tickets to...
就这一个晚上 票都买好了…
It's not only this one night, but fine.
可不止这一个晚上 不过没关系
Henry's teacher wants to meet with us.
亨利的老师想见我们
You mean his LA teacher?
你是指他在洛杉矶的老师吗
Can you, uh, answer the email so we could set a time?
你能不能回下电邮 我们好约个时间
Yeah, I've been distracted.
好 我最近太忙了没顾得上看
They just want to rule out everything,
老师们想就他的阅读障碍问题
you know, with his reading.
找找所有可能的原因
I just think he's a little over-anxious.
我觉得他只是有些太焦虑了
I think he wants it too much.
我觉得他是因为太想读懂而读不懂
They said he's off the charts in math.
老师们说他的数学成绩很好
He quits too easily when things aren't easy for him.
他遇到难题时 太轻易就放弃
You know, he's like us, he's stubborn.
他这点像我们俩 顽固不化
He's still a lousy Monopoly player
他到现在还是个很差劲的大富翁玩家
because he tries to save all his money.
因为他总是把钱都存起来不花
I thought we should talk.
我觉得我们应该谈谈
I feel like maybe things have gone too far.
我感觉目前的做法有些过头了
I mean, my mom's taking out a loan against the house
我妈把房子抵押贷了款
to help me pay Nora.
帮我付诺拉的律师费
I thought I paid Nora.
我以为诺拉的律师费要我出
You pay 30 percent of Nora.
她的费用你出三成
Well, I'm going broke too, if that's any help.
如果能让你感觉好点的话 其实我也要破产了
I've just agreed to direct two shitty plays,
我刚答应要导演两部很差劲的戏剧
and we can forget putting anything away for Henry's college.
给亨利攒大学学费的事更是没戏了
It's just that up until now,
只是到现在为止
we've been able to keep Henry somewhat removed,
我们一直没让亨利受这事的影响
and this will change that.
但是这场官司会把他也牵扯进来
We have to protect him.
我们必须保护他
Nora says that the evaluator will come into our homes,
诺拉说评估员会到我们家里来
they're going to interview Henry in addition to us,
他们不仅要跟我们面谈 还要和亨利
our friends, family, enemies,
我们的朋友 家人 仇敌们进行面谈
and then they'll observe us with him,
他们还会观察我们与亨利如何相处
how we are as parents.
我们作为父母的表现如何
- Sounds awful. - I know.
- 听起来糟透了 - 可不是嘛
I feel like if anybody observed me on any given day as a mom,
我觉得如果有人随机抽查我作为母亲是否合格
I'd never get custody.
我肯定得不到监护权
- I know. I feel the same way. - Right.
- 我懂 我也有同感 - 那就行
Maybe we can figure something out between us.
也许我们两个应该自己想个办法了结
You remember I said this to you at the beginning?
我一开始就是这么跟你说的 你还记得吗
I know you did, but these are different circumstances.
我知道你说过这话 但如今情况不同
I was anticipating these circumstances.
我就知道会闹到这一步
Anyway, shall we try this?
不管怎样 我们试下好吗
I don't know how to start.
我不知要如何开头
Do you understand why I want to stay in LA?
你知道我为什么想留在洛杉矶吗
Well... That's not...
你要是这样可就…
Charlie, that's not a useful way for us to start.
查理 你要是这样回答可就没意思了
I don't understand it.
我不明白你为什么想留下来
You don't remember promising that we could do time here?
你不记得我们说好了要在这里待上一段时间吗
We discussed things.
我们讨论过很多事情
We were married, we said things.
我们当时感情正浓 说了很多有的没的
We talked about moving to Europe.
我们还说过要移居欧洲呢
About getting a...
还说过要买一个…
sideboard, or what do you call it?
餐边柜…还是什么来着
A credenza, to fill the empty space behind the couch.
储物柜 来填补沙发背后的空隙
We never did any of it.
但我们也都只是说说而已
You turned down the residency at the Geffen
你拒绝了格芬剧团的驻留项目邀约
that would've brought us here for a... a year.
我们本可以借此机会来洛杉矶住上一年
It wasn't something I wanted.
我对那个项目并不感兴趣
We had a great theater company
我们当时经营着一家不错的剧团
and a great life where we were.
生活也很美好
- You call that a great life? - You know what I mean.
- 你管那叫美好生活吗 - 你懂我的意思
I don't mean we had a great marriage.
我并不是指我们的婚姻幸福美满
I mean, life in Brooklyn.
我是说布鲁克林的生活很不错
Honestly, I never considered anything different.
说实话 我从未考虑过另一种不同的生活
Well, that's the problem, isn't it?
这正是问题所在 不是吗
I mean, I was your wife.
我是你的妻子
You should've considered my happiness, too.
你本该为我的幸福着想
Come on, you were happy.
得了吧 你以前过得很开心
You've just decided you weren't now.
你只是现在突然改口说自己以前不快乐
M-My work is here now, my family is here.
目前我在这儿工作 我的家人也住在这里
And I agreed to put Henry in school here
我是考虑到你要在这儿拍戏
because your show went to series.
才同意让亨利暂时在此就读
I did that knowing that
我之所以会同意是因为我们说好了
when you were done shooting, he'd come back to New York.
当你拍完戏以后 亨利就会回到纽约
Honey, we never said that.
亲爱的 我们从未这样说过
That may have been your assumption,
你可能是那么以为的
but we never expressly said that.
但是我们从未明确地讲过那番话
- We did say it. - When did we say it?
- 我们肯定说过那番话 - 我们什么时候说的
I don't know when we said it, but we said it.
我也不记得是什么时候说过 但我们肯定说过
- I thought... - We said it that time on the phone!
- 我本想着… - 我们是那次在电话里说的
Honey, let me finish.
亲爱的 让我把话说完
Sorry. I keep saying that.
抱歉 我改不过口
I thought that if Henry was happy here,
我本想着如果亨利在这儿过得很开心
and my show continued,
我的戏也能继续拍下去的话
that we might do LA for a while.
我们也许可以在洛杉矶待上一段时间
I was not privy to that thought process.
你可没跟我说过你有这样的打算
The only reason we didn't live here
我们之前没能住在洛杉矶
is because you can't imagine desires other than your own,
就是因为你从不考虑别人想要什么
unless they're forced on you.
除非现实逼得你没得选择
Okay, you wish you hadn't married me,
行了 你希望你没有嫁给我
you wish you'd had a different life,
你希望你过着一种不同的生活
but this is what happened.
但事已至此
- So, what do we do? - I don't know.
- 那我们该怎么做 - 我也不知道
Nora says there's no coming back from this.
诺拉说如今已经没有回头路可走
I hate fucking Nora telling me I always lived in LA
我恨死了诺拉说我一直住在洛杉矶
even though I never lived in LA.
尽管我从没住过这里
How could you have her say those things about me?
你怎么能让她那么说我呢
Jay said them about me too.
杰伊也对我恶语相加
You shouldn't have fired Bert.
你就不该炒掉伯特
I needed my own asshole.
我也得有个无赖律师
Let's just both agree both of our lawyers
我俩还是都承认
said shitty stuff about both of us.
我们的律师说了恶心的话
Jay called me an alcoholic.
杰伊说我是酒鬼
You pulled the rug out from under me
你打了我个措手不及
and you're putting me through hell.
让我痛苦得像下地狱
You put me through hell during our marriage.
我们的婚姻中 你让我痛苦得像下地狱
Is that what that was, hell?
所以我们的婚姻就是炼狱是吗
And now you're going to put Henry through this horrible thing
你现在要让亨利也经受这种折磨
so you can yet again get what you want!
就为了再次达到你的目的
It's not what I want.
这不是我的目的
I mean, it's what I want, but it's what was...
这是我想要的 但是这曾经…
what's best for him.
对他来说是最好的
Oh, well, I was wondering
我还在想
when you'd get around to Henry and what he actually wants.
你什么时候去问问亨利 看他想真正想要什么
If you'd listen to your son, or anyone,
要是你听你儿子的话 听别人的话
then he'd tell you that he'd rather live here!
他会告诉你 他情愿在这儿生活
Stop putting your feelings about me onto Henry.
别再给亨利强加你对我的感情了
He tells me he likes it better here.
他告诉我他更喜欢这里
He tells you because he knows it's what you want to hear!
他那么说 是因为他知道你愿意听
He tells me you're on the phone all the time.
他告诉我 你无时无刻不在讲电话
You don't even play with him.
你都不跟他玩
Because I'm going through a divorce in LA
因为我在洛杉矶办离婚
and trying to direct a play in New York!
还想导一部纽约的戏
Which closed because I wasn't there.
那部戏泡汤了 因为我不在
It was a huge opportunity for me...
本来是个多好的机会…
You're fighting for something you don't even want!
你都不想陪他 为什么还要争
And I let everyone down.
我让所有人失望了
You're being so much like your father.
你这样太像你爸了
Do not compare me to my father!
别拿我跟他比
I didn't compare you to him. I said you were acting like him.
我没有 我说你这种行为像他
You're exactly like your mother.
你跟你妈一模一样
Everything you were complaining about her, you're doing.
你之前抱怨她的一切 你现在就跟她一样
You're suffocating Henry.
你要把亨利逼疯了
First of all, I love my mother. She was a wonderful mother.
首先 我爱我妈 她是个超棒的妈妈
I'm just repeating what you told me.
我不过是复述你的话
Secondly, how dare you compare my mothering to my mother!
第二 你怎么敢说我当妈当得像我妈
I may be like my father, but I am not like my mother!
我也许像我爸 但我不像我妈
And you're like my father!
而且你还像我爸
You're also like my mother!
你也像我妈
You're all the bad things about all of these people!
你集这四位的缺点于一身
But mostly your mother.
但最主要是像你妈
When we would lie in bed together,
我们躺在一张床上的时候
sometimes I would look at you and see her and just feel so gross!
有时我看着你就想到她 一阵恶心
- I felt repulsed when you touched me! - You're a slob.
- 你摸我的时候我简直反胃 - 你个懒蛋
I made all the beds, closed all cabinets...
床铺都是我收拾 柜子也是我关
The thought of having sex with you
我一想到跟你上床
makes me want to peel my skin off.
就想剥掉自己的皮
You'll never be happy, in LA or anywhere.
你永远都不会幸福 不管是在洛杉矶还是哪儿
You'll think you found some better opposite guy than me,
你以为你能找到与我迥然不同的更好的人
and in a few years, you'll rebel against him
几年后 你就会反抗他
because you need to have your voice, but you don't want a voice.
因为你必须要表达 但你又不要发言权
You just want to fucking complain about not having a voice!
你只想抱怨你不能发声
I think about being married to you,
我思考过嫁给你这件事
and that woman is a stranger to me.
结果发现我根本不认识当时那个女人
- I mean, we had a child's marriage. - You've regressed.
- 我们结婚结得太早了 - 你退化了
You've gone back to your life before you met me, it's pathetic.
你回到遇到我之前的生活了 真可悲
People used to tell me that
人们曾经总跟我说
you were too selfish to be a great artist.
你太自私 成不了大器
And I used to defend you.
我还总帮你说话
They were absolutely right.
他们说得太对了
All your best acting is behind you.
你的最佳表演都已成为过去
You're back to being a hack!
你已经退化成劣等艺术家了
You gaslighted me! You're a fucking villain!
你操纵了我 你个恶人
You want to present yourself as a victim
你想以受害者形象示人
because it's a good legal strategy?
因为这种法律策略得人心
Fine, but you and I both know you chose this life!
行 但你我都知道 这种生活是你自己选的
You wanted it until you didn't!
你改变心意之前都心甘情愿
You used me so you could get out of LA.
你利用我逃出洛杉矶
You did, and then you blamed me for it!
你有 然后却反过来责怪我
You always made me aware of what I was doing wrong,
你总是提醒我做错了什么
how I was falling short!
我有多少不足
Life with you was joyless!
跟你一起过真是太无趣了
What, so then you had to go and fuck someone else?
怎么 那你就得操别人
You shouldn't be upset that I fucked her!
我操她你不应该难过
You should be upset that I had a laugh with her!
你该难过的是我跟她笑得开怀
But she didn't hate me. You hated me.
但她不恨我 你恨我
You fucked somebody we worked with.
你操了我们的同事
You stopped having sex with me in the last year.
你去年就不跟我做了
I never cheated on you.
我从来没出过轨
That was cheating on me!
那就是出轨
But there was so much I could have done.
但本来 我能做的有那么多
I was a director in my twenties who came from nothing
我本来是个毫无名气的二十来岁的导演
and was suddenly on the cover of fucking Time Out New York!
突然就上了《纽约生活志》的封面
I was hot shit and I wanted to fuck everybody and I didn't.
我成了大红人 看谁都想上 但是我没有
And I loved you and I didn't want to lose you.
因为我爱你 我不想失去你
But I'm in my twenties, and I didn't want to lose that too,
但当时我二十多岁 不想失去放荡年华
and I kinda did!
但我却算是错过了
And you wanted so much so fast.
你想要的那么多 那么快
I didn't even want to get married.
我都不想结婚
There's so much I didn't do.
有那么多我都错过了
- Thanks for that! - You're welcome!
- 那我谢谢你 - 不客气
I can't believe I have to know you forever!
真不敢相信我这辈子都甩不掉你了
You're fucking insane!
你他妈疯了
And you're fucking winning!
你他妈还赢了
I wanted to be married.
我想结婚
You didn't love me as much as I loved you!
我爱你比你爱我多
What does that have to do with LA?
那跟洛杉矶有什么关系
You're so merged with your own selfishness,
你沉浸于你的自私之中
you don't even identify it as selfishness anymore!
你都不觉得那是自私了
Every day I wake up and I hope you're dead!
每天我醒来都希望你死了
Dead, like if I could guarantee Henry would be okay,
死掉 如果我能保证亨利没事
I'd hope you'd get an illness, and then get hit by a car and die!
我真希望你重病 然后被车撞死
Okay. No, we can make this nice.
好 我们可以布置得漂漂亮亮的
I would take the smaller plants and put them by the window.
我会把小一些的植物放在窗边
And, uh, do you have things we can put on the walls?
你有没有什么能挂在墙上的
All right, that's it. Thank you very much.
好了 没事了 非常感谢
We miss you, and it looks great, really.
我们很想你 你家看起来很棒 真的
- Let us know how it goes, okay? - All right.
- 有进展就讲给我们听 - 好
I'll see you guys on, uh... on Monday.
我们周一见
- Love you. - All right, love you too. Bye.
- 爱你 - 我也爱你 再见
Why do we have so many plants all of a sudden?
为什么一下子多了这么多植物
We'll have to return some of this stuff,
有些之后要还回去的
so don't get too used to it.
所以别跟它们相处得太投入
I find plants kind of scary.
我觉得植物有点可怕
These plants are good guys.
这些植物是正义的那方
Tomorrow, this woman is going to come and visit us...
明天 有个女的会来家访
and be with us while we eat dinner.
我们吃晚餐时陪着我们
- Is it your girlfriend? - No, no.
- 是你女朋友吗 - 不是
Is it Mommy's boyfriend?
是妈妈的男朋友吗
No. Why? Does Mommy have a boyfriend?
不是 怎么 妈妈有男朋友吗
I don't know. Does she?
我不知道 她有吗
- I don't know. - I don't know.
- 我不知道 - 我不知道
Why is someone watching us eat dinner?
为什么有人要看着我们吃饭
I know, it's weird.
我懂 确实好奇怪
It's just something we have to do.
我们必须得这么做
Which has to do with...
这件事关系到…
Mommy and me figuring out everything...
我和妈妈把一切理清楚
and how we're going to be.
我们未来将会如何
Will you read to me?
读书给我听好吗
Sure. Grab your book.
好 拿书吧
Do you use drugs or alcohol?
你吸毒或者喝酒吗
How much alcohol do you drink?
喝多少
I don't know, a glass of wine with dinner.
我不确定 晚餐时喝一杯红酒
- Sometimes more. - How much more?
- 有时会多一些 - 多多少
It's... Sometimes a...
这个…有时候…
I... sometimes split a bottle of wine with someone.
我有时候跟其他人分着喝一瓶红酒
- Okay, who do you split it with? - I mean...
- 你跟谁分着喝 - 我…
if I'm having dinner with someone and we order a bottle of wine.
我和别人一起吃晚餐 我们会点一瓶红酒
- Okay. - You know, like at a restaurant.
- 嗯 - 比如下馆子的时候
"Do you want to go by the glass or do we get a bottle?"
"你们是想按杯点 还是我们一起点一瓶"
- You get a bottle? - Well, sometimes.
- 你会点一瓶 - 有时会
I mean, sometimes I go by the glass.
有时我也会按杯点
You know, it depends.
看情况
Did you mean drugs ever?
你是说我这辈子吸过毒吗
- Anything since you've been... - I... I don't do it regularly.
- 你当妈妈之后有没有… - 我不经常吸
Anything since you've been a mother?
你当妈妈之后有没有吸过
Coke once at a party. I mean, Henry wasn't with me.
有一次在派对上吸过可卡因 亨利没跟我在一起
What would you say are your strengths as a parent?
你觉得自己作为家长有什么优势
I-I put in the time. I...
我投入时间 我…
taking care of him...
照顾他
what they say about "It goes so fast" is true, but...
人们说"时光飞逝" 这是真的 但是…
sometimes it's not.
有时并不是
Sometimes it goes too slow, honestly.
有时过得太慢了 真的
What are your weaknesses?
你的弱点呢
I'm too precise. I care too much.
我太一丝不苟 我太过关心
Are those weaknesses?
这些是弱点吗
You know, he can be an asshole and...
他有时候会犯浑
I can get really pissed off,
我会动真气
and I'll call him on being an asshole...
我会骂他混蛋
I'm going to stop you there.
我打断你一下
When you do this for real, don't ever say that.
你真正回答的时候 千万别那么说
People don't accept mothers who drink too much wine
人们不接受一个喝大酒
and yell at their child and call him an asshole.
冲孩子大吼 管他叫混蛋的母亲
I get it. I do it too.
我懂你 我也这么做
We can accept an imperfect dad.
人们都能接受不完美的爸爸
the idea of a good father was only invented like 30 years ago.
"好爸爸"的概念大概三十年前才被发明出来
Before that, fathers were expected to be silent
在那之前 爸爸们就该是沉默的
and absent and unreliable and selfish,
不顾家的 不靠谱的 自私的
and can all say we want them to be different.
我们当然想让他们有所改变
But on some basic level, we accept them.
但我们内心其实是接受他们的
We love them for their fallibilities,
我们爱他们的不靠谱
but people absolutely don't accept those same failings in mothers.
但如果母亲有弱点 人们是绝对不会接受的
We don't accept it structurally
不管是从结构上
and we don't accept it spiritually.
还是从精神上
Because the basis of our Judeo-Christian whatever
因为我们犹太教与基督教什么的基础
is Mary, Mother of Jesus, and she's perfect.
就是耶稣之母 圣母玛利亚 而她是完美的
She's a virgin who gives birth,
她是个生了孩子的处女
unwaveringly supports her child and
坚定地支持她的孩子
holds his dead body when he's gone.
孩子死后还抱着他的尸体
And the dad isn't there. He didn't even do the fucking.
当爸的根本没露面 生孩子他连屌都没掏出来
God is the father and God didn't show up.
上帝就是父亲 他没有出现
So, you have to be perfect,
所以你必须完美
and Charlie can be a fuck up and it doesn't matter.
而查理就算是个废物也没关系
You will always be held to a different, higher standard.
你总是会被要求达到不同的 更高的标准
And it's fucked up, but that's the way it is.
狗屁标准 但现实就是这样
I think I rang the wrong bell. Nancy Katz.
我好像按错门铃了 我是南茜·卡茨
Hi, I'm Charlie Barber.
你好 我是查理·巴伯
Henry's just playing in his room.
亨利正在他的房间里玩
Nancy, can I get you anything?
南茜 要喝点什么吗
I'm easy. A glass of water?
我都可以 来杯水吧
It's a new apartment.
我们刚搬过来
Shall we go in here?
我们去那边吧
What's a day like for the two of you here?
你们俩平时怎样度过一天
Well, if he has school, I take him there, of course,
如果他要上学 我就送他去
and pick him up, assuming I can do both.
然后去接他 如果可以的话
What prevents you from picking him up?
如果你接不了他 会是什么原因呢
I'm preparing a play I'm directing in a few months.
我在为过几个月要导演的一部戏剧做准备
Kasimir and Karoline by ?d?n von Horváth.
厄登·冯·霍尔瓦特的《卡西米尔和卡罗利妮》
We're doing it at the Barrow in New York.
我们要在纽约的巴洛街剧院演出
So, you have to be away?
所以你要离开家吗
Yes, recently, since Nicole's been working on the show in LA,
对 最近是这样 因为妮可在洛杉矶拍戏
I come back and forth a lot.
我经常来回跑
- That sounds difficult. - It is.
- 听上去挺辛苦的 - 确实辛苦
And expensive. I'll try to take him with me some of the time,
而且很贵 我有时也试着把他带在身边
but Nicole doesn't like for him to fly so much.
但妮可不想让他到处飞来飞去
Well, that can be hard on a child, all that recycled air.
坐飞机对孩子来说很辛苦 空气不流通
Some parents won't take their kids to a restaurant
有些父母连餐厅都不敢带孩子去
because of these superbugs.
担心感染超级病菌
I noticed on one visit to Los Angeles, you came on a Sunday
我发现有一次你来洛杉矶 是周日到达
and left on a Thursday.
周四离开
Why not stay for a weekend?
为什么不留下来过周末
On that time, I had tech for Electra in New York.
那次我要回纽约处理《厄勒克特拉》的技术问题
It was my Broadway debut.
那是我在百老汇的首演
I don't know what "tech" is.
我不明白的是"技术问题"
It's the technical part of the production.
就是剧作排演的技术环节
You figure out the lights.
你要考虑灯光怎么布局
- And Monday's our day off in the theatre. - What's a weekend day like?
- 而周一是剧团的休演日 - 你们周末一般怎么过
Well, out here, he has basketball on Saturday at 12.
在这里 他周六上午十二点有篮球课
Eleven, I'm sorry. And so, we go there. And then, afterwards...
十一点 抱歉 所以我们要去上课 然后…
maybe we'll get lunch somewhere,
我们可能会去什么地方吃午饭
and then, if there's a movie to see...
接着 如果有电影可看的话…
Does he like basketball?
他喜欢篮球吗
His coach, uh, Rick,
他的教练 瑞克
says he's a good dribbler, and I've seen that.
说他是个优秀的运球手 我同意
Sorry, his coach's name is Ron.
抱歉 他的教练叫罗恩
Rick's his dentist in New York.
瑞克是他在纽约的牙医
Well, you know our home home was... is in New York.
你知道我们真正的家是在纽约
That's where we live.
那里是我们生活的地方
New York is a long way from here.
纽约离这里很远
Well, we like it because we can walk.
我们喜欢纽约 在那儿可以步行
You can walk here.
在这里也可以步行
Do you like your school?
你喜欢你的学校吗
What's your favorite part about it?
你最喜欢学校哪一点
- Thanks. - You're welcome.
- 谢谢 - 不用谢
- But you're getting really good at it. - No.
- 但你学得很好啊 - 不好
Well, you are, but...
就是好 不过…
What do you and your dad like to do together?
你和你爸爸喜欢一起做什么
When I'm at my dad's, we sometimes watch a movie,
我跟爸爸住时 有时会一起看电影
or build a Lego, or something.
或者搭乐高之类的
My dad's a great Lego builder.
我爸爸搭乐高很厉害
And at your mom's?
那跟妈妈住的时候呢
At home, I have most of my toys, and there's a pool,
我大部分的玩具都在家里 而且还有游泳池
and I have a tree house and jungle gym.
我还有个树屋 还有攀爬架
We have super secret treasure hunt, which is really fun.
我们一起玩超级秘密寻宝游戏 非常有趣
- Sweetheart? - Army men ride in here and...
- 宝贝 - 士兵骑马过来…
Want to help me set the table?
想帮我摆桌子吗
- Just come in here and grab a plate. - I'm playing.
- 过来拿个盘子 - 我在玩呢
- Why are you being like this? - What?
- 你为什么这样 - 怎么样
If I ask you to help out, help out.
如果我让你帮忙 你就来帮忙
- What is this? - Special Meal.
- 这是什么 - 特别大餐
What are the green things?
这绿色的是什么东西
There aren't green things in Special Meal.
特别大餐没有绿色的东西
It's just a garnish.
那是配菜
I don't want to eat anything it touched.
我不想吃它碰到过的东西
It doesn't change the taste of anything.
它没有影响任何东西的味道
I might want to be a vegetarian.
我有点想当素食者
Mom's a vegetarian.
妈妈就是素食者
Is she a vegetarian now?
她现在是素食主义者了吗
- Yeah. - Well, then, you should like garnish.
- 对 - 那你应该喜欢配菜啊
It's all garnish, vegetarianism.
素食主义就是只吃配菜的
I'm done with my water.
我的水喝完了
Sure I can't get you anything?
你真的不一起吃点吗
No, I'm fine, thank you.
不用了 谢谢
Do the thing with the knife.
玩一下那把刀
It's not a dinner thing.
吃饭时玩不合适
It's not an any time thing.
任何时候都不合适
What's the thing with the knife?
玩刀子是怎么回事
No, it's dumb. I have a small knife on my keychain,
不 很傻的 我的钥匙扣上有一把小刀
which is only for adults.
只有大人可以用
And I do a thing with it sometimes.
我有时候会拿它来玩
You said I could get a knife.
你说会给我一把刀的
A jackknife, yeah, when you're older.
对 一把折叠刀 等你长大一些
Dime, rime, lime, pime, sime...
迟间 瓷间 之间…
Honey, stop guessing. You're so close. Stay with it.
宝贝 别猜了 很接近了 专注点
I don't want to do it.
我不想学了
What's the first letter?
第一个字是什么
I don't want to do it. Can I do the iPad?
我不想学了 我可以去玩iPad吗
No, look. What's the first letter?
不行 快看 第一个字是什么
- I don't want to. - It's a T. What sound does T make?
- 我不想学了 - 是"时" "时"字怎么读
- Tuh. - Right. Then just do the rest of it.
- Shi - 对 那这个词怎么读呢
You have "tuh" and "ime." What is that?
一个读shi 一个读jian 连在一起呢
You'll see, honey.
等着瞧吧 宝贝
One day, it's just going to click
有一天你一开窍
and you'll be able to read everything.
就什么都能读了
Can I go play in my room?
我可以到房间里去玩吗
Do you ever observe married people?
你观察过已婚夫妇吗
No. Why would I?
没有 为什么要观察
The knife thing is... I carry this knife on my keychain,
关于那把刀…我钥匙扣上有一把刀
which his mother got me, actually.
其实是他妈妈送给我的
And I do this thing for his mom where I pretend to cut myself,
我会在他妈妈面前假装割伤自己
but I retract the blade,
但其实我把刀刃收起来了
but I-I don't do it with him.
但我不会在孩子面前这么做的
- That's fine. - Are you okay?
- 没关系的 - 你没事吧
Yeah, I must not have retracted the blade all the way.
没事 我肯定是没把刀刃完全收回去
- Do you need... - Yeah.
- 你要不要… - 嗯
Yeah, no, it's fine.
嗯 不用 没事的
What else can I tell you?
你还需要了解什么吗
- I think I have enough. - You have enough?
- 我觉得了解得够了 - 你觉得够了
- Are you sure you're okay? - Totally. I'm fine.
- 你真的没事吗 - 没事 一点事也没有
Well, I'll leave you guys for tonight.
那我今晚就不打扰你们了
I'll be in touch if I have further questions.
如果我有别的问题会再联系你的
Thanks. Thank you for the water.
谢谢 谢谢你给我倒水喝
- Yeah, sure. - Are you sure you're okay?
- 不客气 - 你真的没事吗
- Yeah. - Okay.
- 没事 - 好吧
- Bye-bye. - Bye.
- 再见 - 再见
I think you turn the...
我觉得要转这个…
- Okay. - Sorry.
- 好 - 不好意思
Dad, are you okay?
爸爸 你没事吧
Yeah, I'm just tired.
没事 我只是累了
Dad, did she like us?
爸爸 她喜欢我们吗
Yeah, she thought we were great.
喜欢 她觉得我们很棒
You could drive a person crazy
你会令人发疯
You could drive a person mad
你会令人发狂
First you make a person hazy
你先令人懵懂
So a person could be had
让她变得容易占有
But worse than that
但更过分的是
titillates a person and leaves her flat
挑逗了别人 又把她晾在一边
He's a troubled person
他脑子有点毛病
He's a truly crazy person himself
他就是个疯狂的家伙
Knock-knock! Is anybody there?
咚咚 有人吗
Knock-knock! It really isn't fair
咚咚 这真的不公平
Knock-knock! I'm workin' all my charms
咚咚 我正在练习施展魅力
Knock-knock! A zombie's in my arms
咚咚 我怀里有个僵尸
All that sweet affection
所有甜蜜的爱慕
Where's the loose connection?
松散的关系去了哪里
How long, oh Lord, how long?
多久 老天 还要多久
You're a lovely person
你是个可爱的人
deeply maladjusted
严重心理失调
never to be trusted
永远不可信任的
Crazy person yourself
疯狂的人
Bobby is my hobby and I'm giving it up
博比是我的爱好 但我要放弃了
because Charlie dropped his claim to New York,
因为查理放弃了搬回纽约的要求
we're mostly done.
我们就要成功了
Jay's lost interest,
杰伊失去兴趣了
and Ted, his associate, is doing the paperwork.
他的同事泰德在处理文书工作
And we're not taking any money, right?
我们一分钱不拿 对吧
We withdrew our claim for the MacArthur,
我们放弃了平分麦克阿瑟奖金
which I think we could have gotten, by the way,
顺便说一句 我觉得我们是可以争取到的
and they're not asking for any of the show.
而他们也不要电视剧的钱了
Thank you for everything, Nora.
谢谢你所做的一切 诺拉
You're welcome, doll.
不用谢 小美人
To your new home in LA.
敬你在洛杉矶的新家
whenever Charlie is in LA,
要是查理来洛杉矶了
I got the custody breakdown to be 55/45.
我把监护权细分成了55比45
So you'll have Henry an extra day every two weeks.
也就是每两周你都能多陪亨利一天
I thought we made it equal.
我们不是对半分了吗
I tweaked it at the last minute.
我在最后时刻做了点微调
I just didn't want him to be able to say he got 50/50,
我就是看不惯他说自己拿到了一半监护权
bragging to his friends.
在朋友面前吹牛
- But I don't want to do that. - Take it.
- 但我不想这么做 - 受着吧
Hi. You look like a guy who really cares about animals.
你看上去是很关爱动物的人啊
The couch was technically hers, pre-marriage.
沙发严格来说是她的 婚前资产
But I mean... it was our couch.
但是 这是我们的沙发啊
It's not like I was going to buy another couch.
我又不会特地再去买一套
But then when it comes time to split, it's suddenly her couch
但到分财产的时候 突然就变成她的沙发
and I have no couch, and...
我就没有沙发了
Hey, guys, what's up?
大家好啊
I'm sitting on the floor is the short version.
简而言之就是我现在坐在地板上
I'm sorry. This is all so self-pitying and boring.
抱歉 我的自怜自艾让你们无聊了
No, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry.
我真是太蠢了 抱歉
- It sounds really tough. - No, no, no, no. It is sad.
- 确实不容易 - 没有没有 是很伤感
Someone to hold you too close
有谁会把你抱得太紧
Someone to hurt you too deep
有谁会把你伤得太深
Someone to sit in your chair
有谁会端坐在你面前
To ruin your sleep
让你无法入眠
It's true, but there's more than that. To ruin your sleep
没错 但还不止如此让你无法入眠
It's true, but there's more than that.
没错 但还不止如此
Is that all you think there is to it?
你们以为就只有这些吗
You have so many reasons for not being with someone, Robert,
不跟一个人在一起的理由有很多 罗伯特
but you haven't got one good reason for being alone.
但你却说不出一个单身的好理由
C'mon, you're onto something. Robbie, you're onto something.
有什么发现 罗比 你有什么发现了
Someone to need you too much
有谁会太依赖你
Someone to know you too well
有谁会太了解你
Someone to pull you up short
有谁会突然制止你
To put you through hell
让你历经苦难
You see what you look for, you know?
你得有个奔头 知道吗
You're not a kid anymore, Robbie.
你不是个小孩了 罗比
I don't think you'll ever be a kid again, kiddo.
你也没办法再变回小孩了
Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish.
吹灭蜡烛 罗伯特 再许个愿
Somebody hold me too close
谁来把我抱得太紧
Somebody hurt me too deep
谁来把我伤得太深
Somebody sit in my chair
谁来端坐在我面前
And make me aware of being alive
让我感觉到自己还活着
Somebody need me too much
谁会太过需要我
Somebody know me too well
谁会太过了解我
Somebody pull me up short
谁会突然制止我
And put me through hell
让我历经苦难
And give me support for being alive
给我活下去的动力
Mock me with praise
用赞美嘲笑我
Somebody crowd me with love
谁会让我沐浴在爱里
Somebody force me to care
谁会逼迫我多去关心
Somebody make me come through
谁会让我安然无恙
I'll always be there
我会一直在那里
As frightened as you
和你一样惶恐
To help us survive
让我们活下来
Hi. Sorry, the door was open.
抱歉 门开着我就进来了
Was your flight okay?
一路还顺利吗
- Yeah. - Carter.
- 嗯 - 我是卡特
Nicole's still at work.
妮可还没下班
Good, yeah. Donny's dead now.
挺好的 唐尼死了
We shot the scene where he merges with the ficus.
我们拍了那场他和榕树融为一体的戏
- Henry's upstairs. - She got an Emmy nomination.
- 亨利上楼了 - 她提名了艾美奖
- She's a great actress. - No, for directing.
- 她确实是个好演员 - 不 是提名的导演奖
- Congratulations. - Thanks.
- 恭喜 - 谢谢
Now I know what you were so obsessed with all the time.
我现在可算是明白你一直痴迷的是什么了
- We should get ready. - Yeah.
- 我们得做准备了 - 好
- We're the Beatles. - Come on, Charlie.
- 我们扮披头士乐队 - 一起吧查理
I didn't really get a costume together.
我没准备万圣节服装
- You could be George Martin. - I don't need to be anything.
- 你可以扮乔治·马丁啊 - 我谁都不当
- You could be George Martin. - I don't need to be anything.
披头士乐队的专辑制作人 被称为"第五披头士"- 你可以扮乔治·马丁啊 - 我谁都不当
- You've got to be something. - A ghost. I'll get you a sheet.
- 至少装扮下嘛 - 那就扮鬼 我给你拿床单披头士乐队的专辑制作人 被称为"第五披头士"
- You've got to be something. - A ghost. I'll get you a sheet.
- 至少装扮下嘛 - 那就扮鬼 我给你拿床单
I have the album cover if anyone needs to reference it.
我有专辑封面图给大家做参考
And we should leave soon.
我们动作得快点
I'm saying that as much for me as anyone else.
这话不是说给我一个人听的哦
- Am I John or George? - Trick-or-treating starts at 5:00.
- 我是约翰还是乔治来着 - 五点开始讨糖
You're George. Nicole is John.
你是乔治 妮可是约翰
I wanted to tell you I took a residency at UCLA.
我接了加大洛杉矶分校的驻留项目
I'm going to direct two plays in rep at REDCAT.
我要在加州艺术剧院导两部常备剧目
So, I'm going to be here for a while.
所以会在这里住一段时间
Can you help me with my zipper?
你能帮我拉下拉链吗
"Charlie is... in... cr..."
"查理极…"
to keep things in or-der.
才能让一切井井有条
He is energy con..."
他很有节能意…"
I don't know what this word is.
我不认识这个字
You're getting so good at reading.
你都认识这么多字了
"He doesn't look in the mirror too of-ten.
"他不经常照镜子
He cries eas-ily in movies...
他看电影时很容易落泪
He is very self-suf..."
他非常自…自"
"He can dar-n a sock..."
"他会补袜子"
That means sew, like a hole.
缝补的意思 补洞
"...and cook himself dinner
"给自己做晚饭
Break it into two parts.
分成两部分读
Not "Ur" But "Ire."
不是"忒" 是"特"
He rarely gets def-eated,
他很少会有挫败感
feel like I always do.
我却经常有
Charlie takes all of my moods stead-ily.
查理从容地接纳我所有情绪
He doesn't give in to them
他不会被我的这些情绪影响
or make me feel bad about them.
或让我因此难堪
He's a great dress-er and never looks em..."
他很会穿搭 他从不会打扮…"
- I don't know this one. - Embarrassing.
- 我不认识这个词 - 不得体
wh-ich is hard for a man."
男人很难做到这一点"
"He's very competitive.
"他非常争强好胜
He loves being a dad.
他很喜欢当爸爸
He loves all the things you're supposed to hate,
他喜欢一切本应遭人讨厌的事情
like the tantrums,
例如孩子耍性子
the waking up at night.
或半夜醒来
It's almost annoying how much he likes it,
他如此热衷于这些事 几乎都让人生厌了
but then, it's mostly nice.
但是 大多数情况还是挺好的
He disappears into his own world.
他总是沉浸在自己的世界里
He and Henry are alike that way.
他和亨利这点很像
He can tell people they have food in their teeth
有人牙齿上或脸上沾了食物
or on their face in a way that doesn't make them feel bad.
他都会以一种不会让人难堪的方式指出
Charlie is self made.
查理白手起家
His parents, I only met them once,
他的父母 我只见过一次
but he told me there was a lot of alcohol...
但是他告诉我 他小时候父母经常酗酒…
He moved to New York from Indiana
他没给自己留退路
with no safety net,
就从印第安纳州搬到了纽约
and now he's more New Yorker than any New Yorker.
现在他比任何纽约人都更像纽约人
He's brilliant at creating family out of whoever is around.
无论跟谁在一起 他都很擅长营造家的氛围
With the theater company...
在剧团里
he casts a spell...
他就像施了魔咒一般
that made everyone feel included.
让所有人都很有归属感
No one, not even an intern, was unimportant."
所有人都同等重要 哪怕是实习生也一样"
helper, but who isn't paid.
帮工 但没有工资
Why aren't they paid?
为什么没工资
They're young, they're learning.
他们还年轻 需要不断学习
I don't know, maybe if they do a good job, they get paid later.
我也说不准 如果他们工作出色的话就会有钱拿了
"He could remember all the inside jokes,
"他能记住所有圈内笑话
he's extremely organized and thorough,
他做事非常有条理 极其细致
he's very clear about what he wants,
他非常清楚自己想要什么
unlike me who can't always tell.
不像我 有时会搞不清楚
I fell in love with him two seconds after I saw him.
我对他一见钟情
And I'll never stop loving him,
我永远不会停止爱他
even though it doesn't make sense anymore."
即使已经没有任何意义了"
- See you. Good seeing you. - Good seeing you too.
- 再会 见到你很高兴 - 我也是
- Charlie! - G-ma.
- 查理 - 外婆
I'm so happy you came.
你能来我真是太高兴了
I'll email you that article.
我回头把文章电邮给你
- Yes, please do. - Yeah.
- 一定记得 - 好
- All right. Thank you. - Take care.
- 好了 谢谢 - 保重
We were going to bring him to dinner, but he's so wiped out.
我们准备带他去吃晚餐 但他累坏了
You want to take him?
你带他行吗
- It's your night. - I know.
- 今晚归你啊 - 我知道
- Yeah. I'll drop him back in the morning. - Good.
- 好 我明早送他回来 - 好的
Yeah, text me when you're up. We'll figure something out.
你们醒了就发信息给我 到时候再说
You're going to go with your dad, okay?
你今天跟爸爸一起 好吗