小公主 A Little Princess

上映日期: 1,995

语言: 英语 / 法语

影片类型: 剧情 / 奇幻

导演: 阿方索·卡隆

演员: 利塞尔·马修斯 / 伊莲诺·布罗 / 利亚姆·坎宁安 / 拉丝蒂·休默 / 阿瑟·马利特 / 凡妮莎·李·彻斯特 / Errol Sitahal / Heather DeLoach / 泰勒·弗里 /


台词
A very long time ago...
很久很久以前
...there lived a beautiful princess, in a mystical land known as...
在一块名叫印度的神秘土地
...India.
住着一位美丽的公主
She was married to the handsome Prince Rama...
她嫁给了英俊的王子拉玛
...who had been banished to the enchanted forest...
王子被恶毒的继母凯伊皇后
...by his jealous stepmother, Queen Kaikeyi.
流放到这座森林里来
One day...
一天
...Princess Sita saw a wounded deer in the woods...
茜塔公主在森林里看见一只受伤的小鹿
...and she begged Rama to go and help it.
她肯求拉玛王子去救它
Rama drew a circle in the ground and said to her:
王子在地上画了个圈 对公主说
"This is a magic circle.
这是一个魔法圈
So long as you stay inside it...
只要你不离开它
...no harm can come to you."
恶魔就不能伤害你
That night, the princess heard a horrible cry.
那天晚上 公主听见一个声音
Help me.
救救我
Thinking it was her beloved Rama in danger...
她以为是心爱的拉玛王子有危险
...the princess ran from the circle to answer the cry.
于是跑出圈循着声音跑去
She soon came across an old beggar man.
不久遇见了一位年迈的乞丐
Although she had no money to give him...
尽管身无分文
...she could not refuse his plea.
公主不忍心拒绝老人的哀求
As soon as he had the bracelet...
就把自己的手镯给了他
...he transformed into the 10-headed demon, Ravana.
就在这时乞丐变成了十头怪兽 拉瓦纳
He grabs the princess and takes her to his palace...
怪兽抢走了公主把她带进魔宫
...where he attempts to make her his bride.
强迫茜塔作它的新娘
印度西姆拉 1914年
Did you ever know a real prince, Maya?
你见过真正的王子吗 玛雅
Yes, Laki's father.
见过 拉其的父亲
-I thought he was in the army. -He was.
-他不是个军人吗 -不错
And he was my prince.
他是我的王子
And I, his princess.
我是他的公主
But I mean real princes and princesses.
我说的是真正的王子和公主
All the women are princesses.
所有女人都是公主
It is our right.
这是我们的权力
I shall miss it here.
我会怀念这里
India is the only place on earth that stirs the imagination.
印度是唯一能激起幻想的地方
I wish we could stay here forever.
真希望我们能永远在这里
I know, sweetheart. But now that England comes to war...
我知道 亲爱的 但英格兰正在打仗
...I must go too. You understand that, don't you?
我必须参加战役 这你能理解 对吗
But why must I go to America?
可我为什么非得去美国
Because it's safer.
因为那里安全
And besides, you'll be going to the same school
你将要进
your mother went to when she was your age...
你母亲上过的学校
- ...in a city called? -New York.
-那城市叫 -纽约
Papa?
爸爸
Maya told me that all girls are princesses.
玛雅说所有的女孩都是公主
Maya is a very wise woman.
玛雅是个非常聪明的女人
Then it's true?
那是真的了
You can be anything you want to be, my lover, as long as you believe.
只要你相信 就能成为你希望的任何人
-What do you believe? -I believe that you are...
-那你相信什么 -我相信你是
...and always will be, my little princess.
永远是我的小公主
I gave this to your mother on our wedding day.
婚礼那天 我把这个送给了你母亲
I want you to have it.
现在我把它送给你
She was so beautiful.
她太美了
What did you love most about her?
你最爱她什么
Tough question.
很难回答
I loved the way her eyes lit up when she laughed.
她笑的时候 我爱她欢笑的眼睛
Just like yours do.
你太像她了
I loved the sound of her voice when she sang me the Indian folksong.
她唱印度民谣时 我爱她美妙的歌声
But I think, more than anything else...
但我想 我最爱的
...I loved dancing with her!
是和她一起跳舞
明钦女子学校 建于1856年
Hello!
你好
You must be Captain Crewe.
你一定是克鲁上尉
My sister will be down presently.
我姐姐马上就下来
We were just preparing the young lady's room.
我们正在为小姐准备房间
Your beautiful things arrived this morning.
你漂亮的行李今早已经运到了
Thank you, er...?
谢谢 怎么称呼
Heavens, Amelia. Amelia Minchin.
天哪 爱米丽亚·明钦
Captain Crewe.
克鲁上尉
How delightful to meet you!
见到你们真高兴
And this must be little Sara.
这一定是小莎拉
My, what a beautiful child.
多可爱的孩子
I was telling the Captain...
我正在跟上尉说
Thank you, Amelia, that'll be all.
谢谢 爱米丽亚 没你的事了
Now, won't you both follow me?
请跟我来
Classes begin promptly at 8:00.
八点钟开始上课
We cover all subjects: literature, math, science...
这里教授所有课程 文学 数学 科学
...and of course, both French and Latin.
当然还有法语和拉丁语
Oh, Sara speaks fluent...
莎拉会说流利的
Luncheon is served at 1:30. After we take our daily walk...
午餐一点半 然后是例行的散步
...unless the weather is extremely inclement.
除非天气异常恶劣
At 4:00, the girls attend etiquette classes...
四点是礼仪课
...where they're trained in the formal graces of society.
孩子们可以学到高雅的举止
Study hall is between 4:30 and 6:30, followed by a light supper.
四点半到六点半在大教室学习 之后是晚餐
Before then bedtime, we read from one of the classics...
就寝前 我们阅读名著
...something the children look forward to be great attanding anticipation.
这是孩子们最乐意参加的
Sunday is a day of rest.
星期天休息
Students may write only to their parents.
学生们可以写信 不过只能写给自己的父母
And of course, we attend church. Have you any questions?
当然 我们也要去教堂 您还有什么问题吗
Come along, dear.
过来 亲爱的
Je mange, tu manges
我吃 你吃
Excusez-moi, monsieur Dufarge
打扰一下 杜弗吉先生
Girls.
姑娘们
I would like you to say hello to our new arrival...Miss Sara Crewe.
向新同学莎拉·克鲁小姐问好
Hello, Sara.
你好 莎拉
You must tell them all about your exciting life in India.
把你在印度的生活告诉她们
No doubt she'll be our most popular student in no time.
她很快会成为最受欢迎的学生
Now, there are certain rules that should be made quite clear.
还有些规则要对你说清楚
The first is the Order Rule...
首先是秩序
...which requires the girls keep their rooms spotless.
孩子们必须保持房间整洁
These rules are strictly enforced.
这些规则必须严格遵守
But I assure you, Captain Crewe, the results are well worth the effort.
我向你保证 克鲁上尉 这是卓有成效的
Our reputation for sending the most poised...
我们的宗旨是培养出最优雅
...and charming young ladies into society is one of the highest.
高贵的小姐进入社交界
I've no doubt.
毫无疑问
Also, I'm afraid jewelry and such finery are not allowed.
在这里不许佩戴珠宝手饰
What if I wear it in my room, during my free time?
休息时在自己的房间里呢
Well, if you absolutely insist.
如果你一定坚持的话
I do.
我坚持
She's gona get so much trouble.
她会惹麻烦
Monsieur.
先生
-je mange -je mange
-我吃 -我吃
-tu manges -tu manges
-你吃 -你吃
This is splendid.
这里真不错
It's our largest suite.
这是我们最大的套房
Thank you for all the care you've taken, Miss Minchin.
感谢你所做的一切 明钦小姐
I want Sara to feel as much as possible at home while I'm away.
希望我走后莎拉在这里能像在家一样
-No expense shall be spared. -Of course not.
-请不必在乎费用 -当然
Now I'll let you two say goodbye.
我该让你们互相道别了
I konw you don't have much time before your boat leaves.
您出发的时间快到了
We'll write to each other every day.
我们每天写一封信
How do you like your room?
喜欢你的房间吗
I made sure it was the best, with corner windows and a fireplace.
我想它是最好的 有朝街的窗户和壁炉
And with all your toys and clothes moved in...
你的玩具和衣服都在这里
...it's as if you were really...
就像在家里
I think I saw something...
我看见了一样东西
...on that chair over there.
就在那里
She came all the way from France juse to be with you.
她是专程从法国来陪伴你的
Her name is Emily.
她叫爱米丽
Emily.
爱米丽
You know dolls make the very best friends.
洋娃娃是女孩子最好的朋友
Just because they can't speak doesn't mean they don't listen.
她不会说话并不表示听不懂
And did you know, when we leave them alone in our room, they come to life?
知道吗 我们离开房间 她就变活了
-They do? -Yes.
-真的 -当然
Before we walk in, they quickly return to their places. Quick likes light!
我们进来前她又会变成洋娃娃 快得像闪电
Why don't they come to life in front of us so that we can see them?
她为什么不在我们面前活过来
Because it's magic.
因为这是魔法
Magic has to be believed.
你要相信它
That's the only way it's real.
这样才能显灵
Whenever you're afraid, or miss me terribly...
你害怕时 想我时
...just tell Emily.
就告诉爱米丽
She'll get the message to me, wherever I am.
不管我在哪里她都会告诉我
And I'll send one back right away...
我会马上给你回信
...so when you hug her...
你搂着爱米丽
...you'll be getting a hug from me.
就像搂着我一样
It's all right, Papa.
我答应你 爸爸
I'm going to be fine.
我会好好的
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Memorizing me by heart?
用心记住我
No, I already know you by heart.
你早已在我心里了
Goodbye princess.
再见 小公主
What was that noise last night?
昨晚怎么那么吵
Somebody was crying for hours.
有人哭了几个小时
That's nothing. You should hear Josephine snore.
那算什么 你应该听听乔瑟芬打呼噜
I do not!
我不打呼噜
-Who was it? -The new girl?
她是谁 -那个新来的女孩
She hasn't come out of her room yet. Did you see all her toys?
她还没出过她的房间 你见过她的玩具吗
I want your hair ribbon.
给我你的丝带
Her father grows crackers or something. They're very rich.
她父亲制造饼干之类的 他们很有钱
They must be. Everyone I know eats crackers.
那当然 我认识的每个人都喜欢吃饼干
Her father's British. I hear he's best friends with the king and queen.
她父亲是英国人 听说跟国王和王后是好朋友
Well, I hear he was thrown out of India...
听说他被流放到印度
...because people died from eating his poisoned crackers.
因为他做有毒的饼干害死许多人
Poisoned crackers?
有毒的饼干
Poisoned crackers?
有毒的饼干
My aunt once died from eating poisoned string beans.
我姨妈是吃了有毒的豆子死了
-Who cares about her? -Yeah, who cares?
-谁在乎你姨妈 -就是 谁在乎
But before we walk in and catch them, they return to their places,
我们进来前她又会变成娃娃
quick as lightning.
快得像闪电
Gosh, she's fast.
天哪 真够快的
Mama.
妈妈
Sara?
莎拉
We are not customed to delay everyone's breakfast for one student.
不能因为一个人耽误大家的早餐
I'm sorry, Miss Minchin, but I found my mama...
对不起 可我
You're not the only child here, Sara, you have to remember that.
记住 你不是这里唯一的孩子
Yes, yes, yes, good morning.
早安
I trust you remember our newest pupil from our visit to class yesterday.
记得昨天来的那位小姐吗
Sara, this is Monsieur Dufarge.
莎拉 这位是杜弗吉先生
You willl begin French lessons with him this afternoon.
今天下午你向他学习法语
Do I have to?
我非得学吗
Sara, you most certainly do.
你当然非学不可
Now apologize to Monsieur this instance for your rudeness.
为你的失礼向杜弗吉先生道歉
-But I didn't mean to be rude. -Now!
-对不起 我不是想冒犯他 -道歉
This child doesn't need to learn French. She practically is French!
这孩子不需要再学法语了 她说得像法国人
She learned from her father.
她跟他爸爸学的
I understood perfectly well what she said, Monsieur.
我非常清楚她说什么
I'm sorry. But we tried to tell you.
我本想告诉您的
Well, perhaps She can tutor the younger children...
她可以去教小一点的孩子
...and just be able to help you with your pronunciation, Miss Minchin.
或许她还能帮您纠正发音
Are those sausages I smell?
我闻到的是香肠味吗
Thank you.
谢谢
Sara, there's no talking at the table.
餐桌上不许讲话
Doesn't seem natural.
这不正常
I won't say it again.
我不想再重复
Seven times five is 35.
7乘以5是35
Seven times six is 42.
7乘以6是42
Seven times seven is 49.
7乘以7是49
Seven times eight is...
7乘以8是
58 ...58.
No, wait. 54?
不 等等 54
55 55?
Or 72? Or 93? Or 12?
72 93 还是12
I'm sorry, Miss Minchin.
对不起 明钦小姐
I studied for hours last night.
昨晚我背了几个小时
I find that very hard to believe.
我简直不敢相信
And I imagine your father will as well.
我想你父亲应该知道这些
Please don't tell him, Miss Minchin.
求你别告诉他
I promise I'll do better.
我保证下次会做对
Please.
求你了
Lavinia, you may continue.
拉维妮亚 你来算
Seven times eight is 56.
7乘以8是56
Seven times nine...
7乘以9
...is 63.
是63
Dear Papa:
亲爱的爸爸
I miss you already.
我已经开始想你了
Things are fine.
这里一切都好
Except I never imagined there would be so many rules at school.
只是我没想到学校有这么多规矩
I guess they're there for a purpose...
我想它们存在一定有道理
...and I'm trying hard to obey them.
我正努力去遵守
But I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong.
但我还是觉得我做错了什么
Goodbye, Father.
再见 爸爸
Bye, son.
再见 我的孩子
I hope when you read this...
希望你读这封信的时候
...it kindles your heart and puts a smile on your face.
脸上带着微笑 心里充满快乐
Papa, I'm so proud of you. And I think about you every moment.
我真的为你骄傲 每时每刻都在思念着你
And I love you forever.
永远永远爱你
Your Sara.
你的莎拉
Lottie, you mustn't get so excited.
洛蒂 再别闹了
Lottie? Precious?
洛蒂 亲爱的
Oh, please, Lottie dear! Please stop screaming!
求你了 洛蒂宝贝 别再叫了
How about a cookie? Would you like that?
想不想吃饼干 要吃吗
I'll get a cookie.
我去给你拿
It's very hard to study with you carrying on like this.
你这样闹别人都没法学习了
I want my mama!
我要妈妈
You'll see her soon.
你很快就会见到她
No, I won't. She's dead, and I won't ever see her again!
不会 她死了 我再见不到她了
Well, I don't have a mother either.
我也没有妈妈
You don't?
是吗
Where is she?
她在哪
In heaven with my baby sister.
在天堂 和我小妹妹在一起
That doesn't mean I can't talk to her.
这不意味着我不能和她说话
I tell her everything, I know she hears me.
我什么都跟她说 我知道她听得见
How?
怎么会
Because that's what angels do.
因为天使都能听见
-Your mama's an angel? -Of course.
-你妈妈是天使 -当然
And so is yours. With beautiful wings of silk...
你的妈妈也是 有美丽的丝翅膀
...and a crown of baby rosebuds.
戴着玫瑰花冠
And they all live together in a castle.
她们都住在城堡里
Do you know what it's made of?
知道城堡是什么造的吗
Sunflowers...
是向日葵
...hundreds of them, so bright they shine like gold.
几千朵向日葵像黄金一般闪着光芒
When the angels want to go someplace...
天使们想去什么地方
...they just whistle, like this.
就吹口哨 像这样
And a cloud floats to the castle and picks them up.
云彩飞到城堡大门带上她们
As the angels fly through the sky...
天使飞向天空
...riding the cloud like a magic carpet...
就像坐着魔毯
...under the moon and through the stars...
在月光下穿梭于星星之问
...until they're hovering right above us.
直至飞到我们头顶上
That's how they can look down and see if we're all right.
她们在天上注视着我们是否快乐
And sometimes they even send messages to us.
有时她们会给我们捎话
Of course, you can't hear the messages
你这样又哭又闹
if you're kicking and screaming as loudly as you were.
就听不见她们说什么了
But they always try again, just in case we've missed it.
不过她们会再说好几遍 怕我们没听见
Hey, wait!
等等
That's Becky. She's not allowed to talk to us.
那是贝琪 她不能跟我们讲话
Why not?
为什么
She's a servant girl, and she has dark skin.
她是女佣而且是个黑人
So?
那又怎么样
Well, doesn't that mean something?
这还不够吗
I'm sorry, I...
对不起 我不是
Is there anything I can do for you, miss?
需要我为你做什么 小姐
I just came up here to change my shoes.
我只是上楼来换鞋
No, there's nothing.
不 没什么
Well, then begging your pardon, but we'll both be in trouble if you stay.
请原谅 可你待在这里我们都会有麻烦
All right, girls, pair up.
好了 姑娘们 排好队
Pair up.
排好队
亲爱的贝琪 希望我们能成为朋友 莎拉
"Sir Edward saw the sorrow in his daughter's eyes...
爱德华爵士看见女儿眼里的忧伤
...but he knew that family honor must prevail at all costs.
但他知道家族荣誉是首要的
Nobility was not thought to be trifled with.
贵族身份不能被忽视
'I beg of you, Charlotte,' he said.
"我向你求婚 夏洛特" 他说
'Marry Sir John in the spring, as he has asked.'
"答应约翰爵士春天嫁给他"
Thank you, Lavinia.
谢谢 拉维妮亚
Sara, you may take your turn.
莎拉 你接着读
"Charlotte turned to her father and said, 'Father, you are right.
夏洛特转过身对父亲说 "父亲 你是对的"
'I must put away my foolish fancies and childhood wishes.'
"我必须打消那愚蠢疯狂幼稚的想法"
But I simply won't do it.
但我不想那么做
I'm sorry, Father.
对不起 父亲
When I marry, it'll be for love.
我不能嫁给我不爱的人
And with that, Charlotte ran from the house.
说着 夏洛特冲出房子
Waiting outside was the handsome stable boy, Pierre...
在外面等待她的是英俊的马夫 皮埃尔
...whom Charlotte secretly adored.
夏洛特心爱的王子
Together they escaped to the coast
他们逃到海边
and quickly set sail to the island for Tahiti.
坐船去塔帝岛
But when they were halfway there,
途中遭到
their ship was attacked by band of pirates!
一帮海盗的袭击
Rather than be eaten alive...
不想被活着吃掉
...Charlotte and Pierre threw themselves into the raging sea.
夏洛特和皮埃尔跳进汹涌的大海
As they began to drown...
在他们将要被淹没时
...they held each other close, and swore undying love.
紧紧拥抱着山盟海誓
But then, when all seemed lost, a group of mermaids appeared and rescued...
绝望之际一群美人鱼出现
Stop!
别说了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I couldn't bear to see Charlotte marry that man,
我不忍心看她嫁给那个人
so I imagined a different ending.
就想象了另一个结局
Imagined it?
你想象的
Don't you ever do that, Miss Minchin?
您从来不这样吗
Believe in something, just to make it seem real?
相信某种东西 让它像是真的
That's easy for a child who has everything.
什么都不缺的孩子才会想象
There will be no more make-believe at this school...
学校里不允许想象
...during reading or any other time.
阅读时间或其他时间都不允许
-Is that understood? -Yes, Miss Minchin.
-明白了吗 -是 明钦小姐
All of you, go to your bed this instant.
都回房间去
I never heard a story like that in my whole life.
我从没听过这么好听的故事
I...I bet you know lots of them, don't you, Sara?
你一定知道很多故事 对吗 莎拉
I want silence up there!
不许说话
We have to do something about this communication rule.
我们得想法怎么对付这些规矩
Hey, after Minchin goes to bed...
等明钦小姐睡着后
...we'll sneak into your room, and you can tell us a real story is.
我们去你房间听你给我们讲故事
How about it, Sara?
行吗 莎拉
Only if it's just you three.
只能你们三个人来
Come on, come on.
快来 快来
The evil Ravana locked the princess up in his palace tower.
怪兽拉瓦纳把公主锁在魔宫的塔楼上
There she stayed for many weeks...
好几个星期
...just staring out her window...
公主看着窗外
...missing her Prince Rama terribly.
非常思念她的王子
Perfect. You look just like Emily.
你真漂亮 就像爱米丽
My father hates dolls. And he hates coming here.
我父亲讨厌洋娃娃 他不愿意来看我
Says he doesn't belong.
说他不属于这里
Then why does he send you?
那他为什么送你来
Because he wants me to belong.
他想给我找个地方住
My little girl. She spoke French! She really spoke French.
我的小女儿 她会说法语 她真的会说法语
Your mother and I are very proud of you.
我和你母亲为你自豪
I caught you, Nellie!
我抓到你了
Papa!
爸爸
Randolph... John!
兰道夫 约翰
Rama approached the thorny palace...
拉玛王子向魔宫走去
...unaware that Ravana was waiting for him.
他不知道怪兽拉瓦纳正在等着他
That's it! I can't take it anymore!
好了 我受够了
I don't care what you say about Sara's stories.
我才不管你说什么
They' ve got to be more fun than watching your hair being combed!
她的故事比看你梳头有趣得多
If anyone else feels the same way, I think she should leave too.
如果还有人这么想 可以马上走
But the evil Ravana was not through yet.
怪兽拉瓦纳还没出来
This one, he took a bow that could hold, not one, but 10 arrows...
这次它举起一张弓和十枝箭
...each filled with the deadly poison.
每枝箭头上都抹了毒药
The arrows sped through the air...
箭划破长空
...heading straight for Rama.
对准王子飞过来
And the arrows hit the ground...
箭射到地上
...and released their poison, giant clouds of thick, yellow smoke.
放出毒气 冒出一股黄色的浓烟
-I want a big piece! -Oh, hush up, Lottie.
-我想要一块大的蛋糕 -快点 洛蒂
I am sure "Princess" Sara will give everyone a fair share.
莎拉公主会很公平
Right, Princess?
对吗 公主
I told her that's what you were.
我告诉她你是公主
Well, not just me. All girls are princesses.
不只是我 所有女孩都是公主
Even snotty, two-faced bullies like you, Lavinia.
包括像你一样坏脾气的女孩
Here, Lavinia, you get a big piece.
拉维妮亚 给你一块大的
Miss Minchin?
明钦小姐
Yes, may I help you?
是的 有什么事吗
I'm Mr. Barrow.
我叫巴洛
Captain Crewe's solicitor.
是克鲁上尉的律师
Oh, yes, do come in.
请进来吧
We're just celebrating little Sara's birthday.
我们正在为莎拉庆祝生日
May I speak to you in private?
能和您私下谈谈吗
Oh, yes, of course. Right this way.
当然可以 请跟我来
May I just say is about that Sara is quite the favorite around here.
您看见了 莎拉在这里很受欢迎
We went to great lengths to make this a special day for her.
我们为她的生日做了精心准备
I'm afraid your check to us this month will be rather large.
恐怕这个月的支票数额会很大
There will be no check, Miss Minchin.
不会再有支票了 明钦小姐
Excuse me?
您说什么
The party is over! I want everyone go to their rooms, this instant!
生日聚会结束 你们立即回自己房间去
But Miss Minchin, we...
可是我们
Sara, you will stay behind.
莎拉 你留下
I have something to tell you.
有件事要告诉你
Move!
快走
Amelia, go to Sara's room and find a simple black dress.
爱米丽亚 到莎拉房间找件黑衣服
If nothing is suitable, borrow one from other girls.
要是没有合适的 先借一件
-But, sister, I... -Do as I say.
-可是 姐姐 -按我说的去做
Why would I need a black dress, Miss Minchin?
我为什么需要黑衣服
I'm afraid I have some bad news, Sara.
因为有个坏消息 莎拉
Your father has...
你父亲
Your father...
你父亲
It's been discovered that your father has died.
你父亲已经死了
He was killed in battle several weeks ago.
几个星期前他阵亡了
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
That's the reality, the situation,
但这是事实
and there's nothing anyone can do to change it.
无人能改变
What's more, the British government has seized control of his company
还有 英国政府没收了他的公司
and all of his assets...
和所有财产
...leaving you penniless, without any money.
没给你留下一分钱
And since you've no relations, this puts me in a terrible position.
你没有别的亲戚 这让我很为难
What are you staring at?
你看什么
Don't you understand what I'm saying?
不明白我的话吗
You are alone in the world...
你现在在这世上无依无靠
...unless I decide to keep you here out of charity.
只有我可怜你决定让你留在这里
Because of the expenses you've incurred,
你欠了债
everything you own now belongs to me...
你所有东西都归我了
...your clothes, your toys, everything.
你的衣服 玩具 所有东西
But they'll hardly make up for the financial losses I've suffered.
但这还不足以弥补我的损失
From now on, you must earn your room and board here.
从现在起你必须自己养活自己
You'll move to the attic with Becky and work as a servant.
搬到阁楼上和贝琪一块住 现在你是佣人
If you fail to meet the standards in this institution...
你要是不好好地干活
...or if you don't do as told, you'll be thrown out.
或是不老实 我就把你赶出去
Believe me, Sara,
相信我
the streets of this city are not kind to homeless beggars.
这个城市的街道不会可怜你这种小乞丐
Report to Mabel in the kitchen promptly at 5 a.m.
早上5点到厨房去干活
I could you'll be arrested for taking this.
带着这个你会被抓起来
You're lucky I let you keep that doll.
你很走运我把那洋娃娃留给你
You may have the book.
书也给你
But another incident like this and I will call the authorities.
再出这种事我就叫警察
I expect you to remember, Sara Crewe...
你要记住 莎拉·克鲁
...you're not a princess any longer.
你不再是公主了
Papa.
爸爸
Papa.
爸爸
Papa.
爸爸
Papa.
爸爸
Papa, please.
爸爸 回来吧
Papa.
爸爸
Sara, what happened?
莎拉 怎么了
You're to serve the girls without conversation, you understand?
伺候小姐不必说话 明白吗
Sara will be working here as a servant from now on.
今后莎拉是这里的佣人
There will be no communication exchange. Is that clear?
你们不许和她说话 知道了吗
Yes, Miss Minchin.
是 明钦小姐
Seven times five is 35.
7乘以5是35
Seven times six is 42.
7乘以6是42
Let go!
放开我
Great God!
我的天
It can't be!
这不是真的
It's my son, John!
是我儿子 约翰
Dear God, no.
天哪 不
Not John.
不是约翰
It's John, Ram Dass!
是约翰 拉姆·戴斯
It's John. Help me.
是约翰 帮帮我
-Come inside. -Help.
-进去吧 -帮我
On, I thought you'd be sleeping.
我以为你睡着了
I never got a chance to give you your birthday present.
我还没机会送你生日礼物
It's a picture of where you used to live.
这是你住过的地方
See the blue threads? That's the river.
看这蓝色的线 这是河
These are the mountains you always talk about.
这些是你常常提起的山
Thank you, Becky.
贝琪 谢谢你
It's beautiful.
它太美了
Sara
莎拉
Why don't you tell stories anymore?
你怎么不再讲故事了
They're just make-believe. They don't mean anything.
那都是想象 没有任何意义
On, but they've always meant something to me.
但对我很有意义
Some days I thought I'd die, until I heard you talk about the magic.
有时我觉得如果听不到你那些神奇的故事我会死
There is no magic, Becky.
世界上没有什么神奇的故事
Papa...
爸爸
...can you hear me?
你听到了吗
I'm so scared.
我好害伯
Are you still a princess?
你还是公主吗
You better get back in line or we'll both be in trouble.
你快回去吧 不然我们都有惹麻烦
Are you?
你还是吗
Lottie!
洛蒂
All right, girls, get in line.
姑娘们 排好队
Don't touch that!
别碰那个
It's for Mr. Randolph, next door.
那是给隔壁兰道夫先生的
The poor man. His son is missing in action in Europe.
可怜的老人 他儿子在欧洲牺牲了
You mean John? He's such a nice boy.
你说约翰 他是个好孩子
Here, little girl.
给 小姑娘
I told you not to give your money away.
我跟你说过别给乞丐钱
Excuse me. Excuse me.
对不起 等一等
You see? You never get rid of them.
看见了吧 他们最会缠人
May I help you?
你要买什么
Would you like to buy a flower?
要花吗 请买朵花吧
Would you like to buy a flower?
买花吧
-Would you? -Not today.
-你要花吗 -今天不要
Sir, would you like to buy a flower?
你要买花吗
Would you?
请买朵花吧
Would you like a flower, sir?
先生 请买朵花吧
Pardon me.
让一让
Would you like a flower?
您要花吗
Give her a flower.
送她一朵花
Wait!
等等
For the princess.
送给小公主
What is it, little mouse?
你怎么了 小老鼠
Are you a prisoner too?
你也是个囚犯吗
Is it ever this cold where you come from?
你来的那个地方也这么冷吗
No.
Tell me about it, Sara. Tell me again about India.
跟我说说 莎拉 再给我讲讲印度
India.
印度
Tell me.
讲吧
Well...
好吧
...the air is so hot there...
那里的空气非常热
...you can almost taste it.
你似乎能尝到那味道
I bet it tastes like coconuts.
那滋味一定像椰子
No, it's more like spices, really.
不 更像香料
Curry and saffron.
咖哩和番红花
What else?
还有什么
Tigers sleep under trees...
老虎在树下睡觉
...and elephants cool themselves in the lakes.
大象在湖里洗澡纳凉
The warm wind blows through the fields...
暖风吹过原野
...and the spirits ride it...
精灵们乘着风
...singing as they look down on us.
唱着歌在天上注视着我们
Their voices echo through the mountains...
她们的声音在山谷问回荡
...and the sky...
天空
...is all different colors...
呈现出缤纷色彩
...like a peacock's tail.
像孔雀羽毛
Soot all over the place, you clumsy fool!
把煤烟灰弄得到处都是 愚货
Get out!
Get out of my house!
马上滚出去
And you can forget being paid this week!
这星期别指望能拿到一分钱
Ungrateful little wretch.
忘思负义的小东西
No, you don't!
别向我要钱
I told I won't tolerate any soot in this house!
我说过屋里不许有一点煤灰
And there, just look at my boot! It's filthy!
看看我的靴子 全被搞脏了
Out!
快滚
Out! And take this ridiculous-looking thing with you!
拿上你的破玩意滚吧
Where, where might Miss Amelia be this morning?
爱米丽亚小姐在哪
Good morning, Frances. You're here early this morning.
早安 法兰西斯 你今天来得真早
A working man gets up early if he wants to have an effect on the world.
男人想有成就必须勤快一些
How true.
说得对
And what a powerful effect you have, Frances.
你的精神令人钦佩 法兰西斯
Where have you been?
你去哪了
I've been chilled for half an hour. Hurry up and light a fire.
我已经被冻了半个钟头了 快把火点上
And don't touch anything else with your dirty hands.
别用你的脏手碰任何东西
This is my room now, and I won't have you messing it up.
现在这房间是我的了 不准你把它弄脏了
What is that awful smell?
这是什么味道真恶心
When was your last time you had a bath?
你上次洗澡是什么时候
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I don't believe in this!
我不相信这一套
So you can just stop it! Stop it, I said!
你快停下 停下
What did you just do?
那是什么意思
Just a little curse I learned from a witch in India.
几句跟印度女巫学的咒话
Curse?
咒语
-What kind of curse? -You'll see.
-什么样的咒语 -你会知道的
But I wouldn't brush my hair as much if I were you.
不过我要是你就不那样梳头
It's all right. I saved it especially for you.
过来吧 这是我专门为你留的
Go on. Take it.
来吧 吃吧
Is this where you live?
你就住在这里
You shouldn't be here. It's too dangerous.
你不该来 这太冒险了
Sara, why don't you like me anymore? Did I do something wrong?
为什么你不再喜欢我了 我做错了什么吗
No, of course not.
没有 当然没有
I didn't think you'd want me for a friend...
我以为你们不想再和我交朋友
...now that things are different.
毕竟一切都变了
Sara, no, I'm sure you could do just fine without me for a friend...
我知道你没有我这个朋友也很好
...but I couldn't get along without you.
可我不能没有你
I'm sorry. I should've known...
对不起 我应该想到
...you wouldn't be like the others.
你和别人不同
-What's that? -One knock means "I'm here."
-什么声音 -敲一声表示"我在这里"
Two knocks means "All is well."
敲两声表示"一切都好"
Three means "The coast is clear."
敲三声就是"没有危险"
'The demon Minchinweed is asleep.'
"明钦女巫已经睡了"
Gosh! It all sounds so adventurous!
这太刺激了
Look, Becky. We have a visitor.
贝琪 来客人了
Hello, Becky.
你好 贝琪
Oh, Sara, I miss your stories so much.
莎拉 我太想听你讲故事了
Won't you tell us what happened to Rama and the princess?
告诉我们公主和王子后来怎样了
The smoke from Ravana's arrows...
黄色的毒烟
...finally began to lift.
终于散开
Rama lay dead on the ground.
拉玛倒在地上一动也不动
Oh, no!
But then a wonderful thing happened.
但是神奇的事发生了
The gazelle laid down next to Rama, giving him his own life.
一只羚羊来到王子身边 用自己的生命救活了他
He's suffering from cute amnesia...
他患有暂时性失忆症
...one of the rare side effects of poison gas.
是毒气弹的副作用
His eyes will heal in time.
他的视力很快就会恢复
His memory... who can say?
他的记忆就很难说了
He's not my son.
他不是我儿子
I'm sorry, Mr. Randolph.
很抱歉 兰道夫先生
He was found in severe shock...
他被发现时身受重伤
...with no coat, no identification.
没有军服 没有证件
Since your son was the only name unaccounted for...
因为只有您儿子还没找到
...they assumed this was John.
所以他们认为这是约翰
I am sorry.
很对不起
All the hoping. You must think me a fool.
没希望了 你认为我是个傻瓜
Is it your wish to be wise, sahib?
您希望自己是个聪明人 主人
I don't know.
我不知道
I suppose a wise man wouldn't have come here at all.
一个聪明人根本不会来这里
But if he had...
聪明人
...he would have looked closely upon the soldier's face.
会再仔细看看这位军官
What would he have seen?
能看出什么
Pain, sahib. He needs to be cared for.
痛苦 先生 他需要照顾
He's not my responsibility.
这不是我的责任
A wise man would remember that this soldior was in John's regiment.
聪明人记得他和约翰在一个军团
If his memory returns, he might tell us what happened to his son.
如果他恢复记忆或许能告诉先生
Perhaps sahib will learn that John is in British hospital...
约翰正在英国某医院里
...wishing that a kind man would take him home, away from his pain.
等待着好心人帮他脱离痛苦 带他回家
If the plumber comes, show him the problem.
管道工来了 告诉他哪坏了
And don't babble with this man. He's paid by the hour.
别和他聊天 他可是计时收费
And make sure to correct the Latin tests by the time I get back.
我回来之前把拉丁文试卷判好
Yes, sister.
是 姐姐
Hello, Miss Minchin.
您好 明钦小姐
Goodbye, Miss Minchin.
再见 明钦小姐
Oh, no, not again!
不 别这样
Lottie, not again.
洛蒂 别这样
Let's find the locket.
快找那条项键
All right...
好了
...it's okay. It's all right.
别闹了
Sara, come quick! It's Lottie, I think Lottie's possessed.
我想洛蒂中邪了
I got it.
找到了
Will you please get that child under control?
你去管住那个小东西好吗
Don't worry. Everything's fine.
别担心 一切都好
Well, what is it?
你怎么了
I thought I saw a mouse.
我想我看见了老鼠
Hello.
你好
I swear, that child has a pact with Satan to destroy me.
那孩子是撒旦派来折磨我的
I'm not cut out for this job. I have no patience for children.
这工作不适合我 我没有耐心
And teaching! All those horrible facts to remember.
教书要记住那么多可怕的东西
I don't like it at all.
我简直烦透了
You like Frances, don't you?
你喜欢法兰西斯 是吗
What?
什么
Of course not. How dare you.
当然不是 你怎么敢这么说
I think he likes you too.
我想他也喜欢你
You do?
是吗
Really?
真的
I think you should run away and get married.
你们应该远走高飞去结婚
It'd be terribly romantic.
这该有多浪漫
What an extraordinary thing to say.
多么令人激动
Well, anyway, my sister would be furious if she found out.
可是我姐姐知道了会大发雷雷
So, you'd be long gone by then.
那时你早走远了
Living in some exotic paradise...
和勇敢的法兰西斯一起
...with that dashing young milkman.
生活在你们的伊甸园里
I'd better get to the market.
我得去集市了
You're doing well, young man.
你做得很好 年轻人
You're almost home.
你马上就到家了
You must trust my eyes, sahib.
请相信我的眼睛 主人
What's going on?
怎么回事
It's a surprise.
一个惊喜
-What are you doing here? - We brought you something.
-你们怎么来了 -我们给你带来样东西
Princess Sara, we like to present you with something we rescued.
莎拉公主 我们为你找回了一件东西
In a dangerous adventure.
历经惊心动魄的历险
-Our very own crusade. -Risking all our lives.
-我们自己的军事行动 -冒着生命危险
And mine too.
还有我
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
You are the best friends anyone could ever ask for.
你们是我最好的朋友
It's all right. It's just my little monkey friend, Hanuman.
没事的 这是我的小朋友 汉纳曼
Where did he come from?
他是从哪来的
Right next door. Look.
就是隔壁 看
Hanuman likes to come to visit me all the time.
汉纳曼喜欢来做客
Can you really talk to him, Sara?
你能和他说话吗
Sure!
当然
Hanuman, say hello to all my friends.
汉纳曼 跟我的朋友们打个招呼
After Rama came back to life...
拉玛醒来后
...he raced towards the monster's palace to rescue Sita.
跑到怪兽的魔宫去救公主
Suddenly...
可是突然
...Ravana appeared!
拉瓦纳出现了
I think we better save the rest of the story for later.
我们还是以后再接着讲吧
What's going on here?
你们在这里干什么
It's not their fault. I asked them to come.
不是她们的错 是我叫她们来的
You five go downstairs immediately.
你们五个立即下楼
I'll deal with you later.
以后再处理
Becky...
贝琪
...you'll remain locked in your room for the entire day tomorrow
你明天关在自己的屋里
without meals.
别想吃饭
Go!
快走
And you will perform all her chores in addition to your own...
她的活也归你干
...without breakfast, lunch or dinner.
并且没有早餐 午餐和晚餐
It's time you learned, Sara Crewe...
你应该明白
...that real life has nothing to do with your fantasy games.
现实生活不是你幻想的故事
It's a cruel, nasty world out there...
这是个残酷肮脏的世界
...and it's our duty to make the best of it.
我们的责任就是尽量做到最好
Not to indulge in ridiculous dreams, but to be productive and useful.
不要沉浸在愚蠢的幻想中 而是让自己成为有用的人
Do you understand what I'm saying?
听明白我的话了吗
Yes, ma'am.
是的 女士
Good.
很好
But I don't believe in it.
可我并不相信
Don't tell me you still fancy yourself a princess.
别跟我说你仍旧是什么公主
Good God, child, look around you!
上帝 看看你周围
Or better yet, look in the mirror.
去照照镜子
I am a princess.
我是公主
All girls are.
所有的女孩都是
Even if they live in tiny old attics.
即使她们住在窄小的阁楼上
Even if they dress in rags.
即使她们穿得破破烂烂
Even if they aren't pretty or smart or young.
即使她们不漂亮不聪明不再年轻
They're still princesses. All of us.
她们还是公主 我们全都是
Didn't your father ever tell you that?
您父亲没有告诉过你
Didn't he?
他没有吗
If I find you up here with any other girls again...
我再发现你和别的女孩在这里
...I'll throw you out into the street!
就把你扔到街上去
What're we going to do?
我们该怎么办
A whole day with nothing to eat.
整天都会没有饭吃
Don't cry, Becky.
贝琪 别哭
I'm scared.
我很害伯
If Minchin throws me out, I've got no place to go.
如果明钦把我赶走 我没有地方可去
That's not true.
放心吧
I'm here with you. I've always thought of us as sisters.
我会陪着你 我一直觉得我们是姐妹
You have?
是真的
Let's make a promise riight now to always look out for each other.
我们发誓永远照顾对方
It's a promise.
我发誓
Now, what are we going to do about food?
现在怎么能找点吃的呢
Starve, I guess.
我们会饿死的
No, there's only one thing to do.
不会 我们要做一件事
We'll eat a great feast before we go to sleep...
睡觉前吃一顿丰盛的晚宴
...and that will keep us full all day tomorrow.
这样明天就不会觉得饿
Feast? What feast?
晚宴 什么晚宴
Just look around.
你看
Do you see that table there?
看见那边的桌子了吗
It's covered with a beautiful cloth...
铺着洁白的台布
...and candles...
还有蜡烛
...and trays of good things to eat.
托盘里放着各种美味可口的食物
Come on, Becky.
来吧 贝琪
Tell me what kind of food there is.
告诉我那上面都有什么
But I don't see any food.
可我什么也没看见
Try, Becky.
试试看 贝琪
Just make-believe it. Remember what you told me?
想象那里有 记得你对我说的话吗
About the magic?
神奇的魔法
-Muffins? -Good! What kind?
-小松饼 -很好 什么样的
All kinds.
各种各样的
Every kind of muffin God ever made, and all of them hot.
都是最好的 还是热的呢
Good!
很好
But we're not dressed right for such an elegant banquet.
可我们没有漂亮衣服参加晚宴
I'm wearing a long velvet cape with fur on the collar.
我披着有毛领的紫色丝绒披肩
How about you?
你呢
Well, I always liked diamonds myself.
我喜欢钻石
Rings and bracelets, and a whole dress covered with them.
耳环 戒指 裙子上镶满钻石
Smell those sausages!
那些香肠的味好香
I love sausages.
我喜欢香肠
Becky! Becky!
贝琪 贝琪
Oh, my Lord!
天哪
I think you went a little too far this time.
你实在是太神奇了
It wasn't me.
不是我
Go ahead.
穿上吧
I feel like I've been touched by an angel.
我们像是遇见天使了
Look!
Just what we ordered.
正是我们点的菜
I'm a little scared about all of this.
这让我有些害伯
Me too. Do you think we shouldn't eat it?
我也是 这东西能吃吗
I'm not that scared.
我还没怕到这地步
Thank you for all your kindness. I'm so sorry to inconvenience you.
谢谢你照顾我 给你们添麻烦了
It is nothing, sahib.
这没什么 主人
That word...
这话
It sounds so familiar...
听起来很耳熟
...yet I don't know what it means.
可我不知道它的意思
It is not English. We use it where I am from.
这不是英语 我们曾经用过
In India.
在印度
India...
印度
You know it?
您懂印度语
No.
Everything's just a blur.
一切都那么模糊
Maybe someday I'll sort it out.
也许有一天我会想起来
You will, sahib.
您会的 主人
You will.
你会的
Yoo-hoo?
你好
Hey! Frances!
法兰西斯
One minute.
等一等
Oh, my God.
我的天
Frances!
法兰西斯
Where is it?
它在哪
Where's the locket?
项链在哪
Give it to me! Give it to me!
把它给我 把它给我
What is all this?
这是什么
Where'd it come from?
从哪来的
I don't know. I just woke up and it was here.
我不知道 一觉醒来就有了
You stole it, didn't you? Just like you stole this locket!
是你偷来的 就像你偷了这项链
No!
You're nothing but a dirty little thief.
你是个肮脏的小贼
It's my responsibility to protect the children in this school
我有责任保护这里所有孩子
from animals like you.
不让她们受你的影响
But Miss Minchin...
但是
Pick your things. You'll be leaving with the police very shortly!
收拾东西 警察会马上把你带走
No, Miss Minchin!
不 明钦小姐
I didn't do it.
我没偷东西
Miss Minchin, please!
明钦小姐 我没偷东西
Miss Minchin, I didn't do it!
真的没有
You heard me. I want her picked up immediately!
我说了 你要马上把她带走
You've removed the bandages.
你把绷带取下来了
I didn't see there wasn't much point. I can see all right.
不再需要了 我的视力已经恢复
That's well, come on in, have a brandy.
进来喝杯白兰地
Don't worry.
别担心
I'm sure they'll believe you.
他们会相信你的
No, Becky! I have to get out.
不 我得逃出去
But how? My room's locked too.
怎么逃 我的房间也被锁上了
The police, they're here!
警察来了
Let's go, boys. Step lively now.
快点 上楼去
Quick, help me with this board!
快来帮帮我
-Right this way. -Yes, madam.
-这边 -是 女士
You'll fall!
你会掉下去
I can do it.
我能过去
I'll come back for you. I promise.
我会回来接你
What is she doing?
她要干什么
Get back in here!
你给我回来
-The little beast is running away! -We're trying, miss.
-那个小畜牲想溜 -我们会抓住
Good God!
我的天
Well, don't just stand there! Go next door and find her!
别光站在这里 快去隔壁抓她
And take this one while you're at it.
你们最好把她也带走
I heard you calling in your sleep last night.
我昨晚听见你在梦里喊叫
Sometimes when I dream, I sense a part of me that's missing.
我有时候做梦 梦见我身体的一部分不见了
It's strange, feeling having your heart remember
很奇怪我心里总有样东西
something your mind can't.
可脑子想不起是什么
She jumped like a little animal.
见到一个小孩跳过来吗
Who's that at this hour?
这个时候会是谁
Let us in, man.
让我们进去
A child from the school has escaped in your house.
学校的一个孩子躲藏进了您家
Ram Dass, what's going on here?
怎么回事
I'm sorry to interupt you, but there's a child hiding in your house.
打扰了 可有个孩子藏进你家
-What? -Search upstairs.
-什么 -到楼上去搜
Oh, not now!
现在不行
Ram Dass, get some candles!
拿蜡烛来
-Start with the attic. -Let's go.
-从阁楼开始搜 -开始
Quickly!
快点
Who's there?
是谁在那里
Make sure you check the closets and under the beds!
检查柜子 还有床底下
What is it?
怎么了
Why are you crying?
为什么哭
Please tell me. I won't hurt you.
告诉我 我不会伤害你
Won't you tell me your name?
告诉我你叫什么名字
Sara.
莎拉
Sara.
莎拉
That's such a pretty name. Sara.
多好听的名字 莎拉
Papa.
爸爸
Papa.
爸爸
What did you say?
你说什么
Papa.
爸爸
-I'm sorry. -Papa, it's me, Sara.
-对不起 -爸爸 是我
Sara, do you know me?
你不认识我了吗
Oh god papa, don't you remember me?
你不记得我了吗
Papa please, you've got to know me. It's Sara.
爸爸是我 你一定记得我 我是莎拉
Remember?
想起来了吗
Remember India and Maya?
记得印度和玛雅吗
Remember the Ramayana...
记得拉玛雅纳
...and Emily? And the locket with Mama's picture?
想想爱米丽 还有那条有妈妈照片的项链
-No. -Oh, Papa, please!
-不 -爸爸 是我
Sara!
莎拉
Papa, please!
爸爸 救我
Do you know this man?
你认识这位先生吗
Papa, tell them!
爸爸 告诉他们
This child has no father. Take her away!
这孩子没有父亲 带她走
Papa!
爸爸
I'm so sorry.
对不起
Papa...
爸爸
Sara!
莎拉
Papa, don't ever leave me!
爸爸 永远不要离开我
-I missed you. -I love you.
-我想你 -我爱你
Well, well, well. I hardly recognized you.
我似乎认不出你了
I'm glad you straightened everything out.
很高兴你已经全好了
They released all my property.
政府归还了我的全部财产
I just came to say goodbye, sir.
我是来跟你道别的
...and to thank you for everything you've done for us.
感谢你为我所做的一切
No more than you tried to do for my son.
你为我儿子做的更多
-Take care, Mr. Randolph. -And you too.
-多保重 -你也一样
You must be glad to be going home.
回家是件快乐的事
Thank you.
谢谢
I have a surprise for you all.
我要给你们大家一个惊喜
Whenever you think of me, just tell Emily,
想我了就告诉爱米莉
and she'll get the message to me.
她会把你们的思念带给我
And when you hug her, you'll really be getting a hug from me.
你们搂着她就像在搂着我
Then we'll hug her every day.
我会每天都搂着她
That's the first time anyone's hugged Lavinia.
这是她第一次被拥抱
Bye, Becky.
再见 贝琪
Come on.
来吧
Yeah, I'm coming, I'm coming.
我来了 就来
Come on! Get over here. I've been looking for you, Minchin.
过来 明钦 我到处找你
-Pick up the bucket. -Hey, when do I get my break?
-把柄拿起来 -我什么时候能休息
Follow me!
跟我来
What do you put in here, rocks?
这桶里是什么 石头
Bye, Ram Dass!
再见 拉姆·戴斯
-Bye, Hanuman! -Cheerio!
-再见 汉纳曼 -再会