小小安妮 第二季 Anne with an E Season 2 第5集: 决定她人生的行为 The Determining Acts of Her Life

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情

导演: 海伦·谢费 / 阿曼达·泰平

演员: 艾米贝丝·麦克纳尔蒂 / 杰拉丁妮·詹姆斯 / 罗伯特·H·托马斯 / 达莉拉·贝拉 / 卢卡斯·杰德·祖曼 / 科里恩·科斯洛 / 艾默里克·杰特·蒙塔兹 / 达尔默·阿泽德 / 海伦·约翰斯 /


台词
[laughter]
[笑声]
Ruby, this is serious. We're supposed to be studying each other's lips.
鲁比,这是认真的。我们应该互相研究对方的嘴唇。
I think yours are delicate and inviting.
我觉得你的很精致,很诱人。
-Really? -And Tillie's are soft, even to the eye.
-真的吗?-蒂莉的眼睛也很柔软。
And Jane's are shaped like a rosebud that's beginning to bloom.
简的形状像一个开始开花的玫瑰花蕾。
-[laughter] -Mine are awful.
-[笑声]-我的很糟糕。
Like the fat caterpillars that live in our old willow tree.
就像我们老柳树上的肥毛虫。
-They do look a bit swollen. -It's my own fault.
-看起来确实有点肿。-这是我自己的错。
I have a terrible habit of chewing on my bottom lip when I'm thinking.
我有一个可怕的习惯,当我在思考的时候嚼我的下唇。
The trouble is that I'm always thinking.
问题是我总是在想。
Are they unpleasant to look at?
它们不好看吗?
They are perfectly pink and luscious.
他们是完美的粉红色和甘美。
Diana, you without a doubt have the best, most kissable Cupid's bow.
戴安娜,毫无疑问,你有最好的,最容易亲吻的丘比特之弓。
The brightest smile to light any heart.
最灿烂的微笑照亮任何心灵。
Do you think that Prissy and Mr. Phillips have kissed?
你认为百里茜和菲利普斯先生接吻了吗?
-[all giggling] -Not yet.
-[咯咯笑]-还没有。
-[laughter] -But soon, I imagine.
-[笑声]-但很快,我想。
Prissy's studying for her Queen's Academy entrance exams,
百里茜在准备女王的大学入学考试,
and sometimes Mr. Phillips stops by our house to give her extra help.
有时菲利普斯先生会来我家给她额外的帮助。
[laughter]
[笑声]
Prissy is only two years older than us.
百里茜只比我们大两岁。
I mean to have an official beau by the time I'm 15.
我想在我15岁的时候有一个正式的男友。
-I hope Gilbert will be back by then. -You think of nothing but beaus, Ruby.
-我希望吉尔伯特那时能回来。-你只想到美女,鲁比。
Well, what's wrong with that?
那有什么问题吗?
I've never even seen a real kiss before.
我从没见过真正的吻。
My parents don't go in for that kind of thing.
我父母不喜欢那种事。
I once overheard Mrs. Lynde and her husband share a kiss.
我有一次无意中听到林德太太和她丈夫亲吻。
It sounded like a cow dragging its hind hoof out of a swamp!
听起来像一头母牛从沼泽里拖着后蹄!
[boisterous laughter]
[喧闹的笑声]
If someone were to kiss me, I'm afraid I would do something silly,
如果有人吻我,我怕我会做傻事,
or... forget to do something I should do.
或者。。。忘了做我该做的事。
What are the rules? Why don't they teach kissing etiquette?
规则是什么?他们为什么不教接吻礼仪呢?
[sighs] We could make a game.
我们可以做个游戏。
To see who could conduct the most romantic courtship.
看看谁能进行最浪漫的求爱。
With brave knights, and enchanted princesses,
勇敢的骑士和被施了魔法的公主们,
and sorcerers and desperadoes!
巫师和亡命之徒!
-It'd be great practice. -[laughter]
-这将是一次很好的练习。-[笑声]
Diana, you can play the gallant young man.
戴安娜,你可以扮演一个勇敢的年轻人。
[Diana] Oh...
[戴安娜]哦。。。
Prince Wisteria, wilt thou let fly the Feather of Fortune
紫藤王子,你会放飞命运的羽毛吗
and choose thy heart-pure maiden?
选择你纯洁的少女?
I shall.
我会的。
Uh...
休斯敦大学。。。
Oh.
哦。
[light laughter]
[淡淡的笑声]
What should I do, Diana?
我该怎么办,戴安娜?
Tillie, you shouldn't talk to Prince Wisteria
蒂莉,你不应该和紫藤王子说话
as though he were our friend Diana.
好像他是我们的朋友黛安娜。
It spoils the effect.
它破坏了效果。
I-I'm waiting for my handsome young prince to come and claim me.
我在等我年轻英俊的王子来认领我。
-[laughter] -[Diana] Ahem.
-[笑声]-[戴安娜]啊哈。
Ahem.
啊哼。
Why, who is this fair and noble maiden?
为什么,这位美丽高贵的少女是谁?
[laughter]
[笑声]
-Oh! -[shrieking laughter]
-哦!-[尖叫的笑声]
-[cheering, applause and laughter] -[screaming]
-[欢呼,掌声和笑声]-[尖叫]
-Why must the girl wait for the boy? -What?
-为什么女孩要等男孩?-什么?
-Anne! -Are you mad?!
-安妮!-你疯了吗?!
If I wanted to kiss a boy, couldn't I just... kiss him?
如果我想吻一个男孩,我能不能。。。吻他?
[others] No! Anne!
[其他人]不!安妮!
[girls giggling]
[女孩们咯咯笑]
[laughter]
[笑声]
♪ First thing we'd climb a tree ♪
“我们要做的第一件事就是爬树”
♪ And maybe then we'd talk ♪
“然后我们再谈谈”
♪ Or sit silently ♪
或者静静地坐着
♪ And listen to our thoughts ♪
倾听我们的想法
♪ With illusions of someday ♪
带着对某一天的幻想
♪ Casting a golden light ♪
“投下金光”
♪ No dress rehearsal ♪
“没有彩排”
♪ This is our life ♪
这就是我们的生活
♪ You are ahead by a century ♪
你领先了一个世纪
[Bash] What of you? I like our change of plans, Doc.
你呢?我喜欢我们改变计划,医生。
Canada. Excited to go.
加拿大。很高兴去。
[Gilbert] You're daring, coming to this level of the deck.
[吉尔伯特]你太大胆了,来到这一层甲板上。
Fireman hears about you coming up here, you can expect trouble.
消防员听说你来了,你会有麻烦的。
-I can live down trouble. -[Gilbert scoffing]
-我能忍受麻烦。-[吉尔伯特嘲笑]
I want to see where I'm headed for once. Feel the wind on my face.
我想看看我要去哪一次。感觉风吹在我脸上。
Avonlea ahead of me.
阿文利在我前面。
Ten years on this ship humpin' coal.
在这艘船上干了十年煤。
I earned this.
这是我应得的。
Besides, what they going to do? Sack me? Toss me overboard?
再说,他们打算怎么办?解雇我?把我扔到海里?
-[chuckling] -Worst-case scenario, I get the latrine.
-最坏的情况是,我有厕所。
If my choices were that or latrine duty,
如果我的选择是去厕所,
I might take my chances with the Atlantic.
我可能会冒险去大西洋。
Choices.
选择。
I like that word.
我喜欢这个词。
Things are going to change startin' right now.
现在一切都会改变的。
Yeah.
是 啊。
[girls laughing]
[女孩们笑]
Have you ever noticed what cheerful things brooks are?
你有没有注意到布鲁克斯是一个多么快乐的人?
They're always laughing.
他们总是笑。
-How sweet! -Hello.
-多甜蜜啊!-你好。
-Hello. -[laughter]
-你好。-[笑声]
-Let's get 'em! -[indistinct chatter]
-让我们抓住他们!-[含糊不清的喋喋不休]
-Ah! -Bloomies! Knickers!
-啊!-布鲁米!短裤!
-Ah! -[boys laughing]
-啊!-[男孩们笑]
Ah!
啊!
-[laughter] -No! Stop!
-[笑声]-不!住手!
-Look at Princess Cordelia now. -We can see your bloomers.
-现在看看科迪莉亚公主。-我们可以看到你的灯笼裤。
-Little scarecrow! -No!
-小稻草人!-不!
Anne Shirley, you are the scrawniest, homeliest red-haired freckled witch
安妮·雪莉,你是最骨瘦如柴,最朴实的红发雀斑女巫
-that ever lived. -[laughter]
-曾经生活过的。-[笑声]
No one will ever want you.
没有人会想要你。
[laughter]
[笑声]
[indistinct taunting]
[含糊不清的嘲弄]
-Keep your hands off! -[laughter]
-把手拿开!-[笑声]
-Whoa. -You mustn't mind them, Anne.
-哇哦。-你不要介意,安妮。
They're just boys being boys. They love to torment our lives out.
他们只是男孩。他们喜欢折磨我们的生活。
I do mind. I mind a great deal.
我不介意。我很介意。
A skirt is not an invitation!
裙子不是请柬!
[laughter]
[笑声]
Anne, are you alright?
安妮,你没事吧?
[background chatter]
[背景聊天]
-[laughter] -Yes.
-[笑声]-是的。
-[boy] Oh, really? -[background chatter]
-哦,真的吗?-[背景聊天]
[indistinct chatter]
[含糊不清的喋喋不休]
[laughter]
[笑声]
Quiet, all of you.
大家安静。
Settle down, ev... eryone.
冷静点,伊芙。。。每个人。
I think Diana made a very convincing prince.
我认为戴安娜是个很有说服力的王子。
-Me, too. -[Anne laughing]
-我也是。-[安妮大笑]
I was going for daring, dashing, and a little bit wicked.
我要的是勇敢、潇洒,还有点邪恶。
Well, who needs real boys when we have Prince Wisteria?
当我们有紫藤王子的时候谁需要真正的男孩?
-[laughter] -What are you talking about?
-[笑声]-你在说什么?
Anne invited us over for an afternoon of parlor games.
安妮邀请我们去玩一下午的室内游戏。
All of you?
你们所有人?
Parlor games? Without boys?
客厅游戏?没有男孩?
Fine for you.
对你来说很好。
I'm far too mature for such childish amusements.
我太成熟了,不适合这种幼稚的娱乐活动。
[whispering] Billy.
比利。
Prissy.
百里茜。
Mother is so very pleased that you are aiding and abetting my higher education.
母亲很高兴你帮助和教唆我接受高等教育。
When you squeezed my hand in secret,
当你秘密地握着我的手,
I too felt it was a pity we were not alone.
我也觉得很遗憾我们不是一个人。
Yes, well, um...
是的,嗯。。。
I-I'd better...
我最好。。。
Of course.
当然。
-I'm due at home. -Hmm.
-我该回家了。-嗯。
See you tomorrow.
明天见。
[Josie] Whomever the bottle points to...
[乔西]瓶子指向谁。。。
you are permitted to kiss.
你可以接吻。
It needs to be boy, girl, boy, girl.
必须是男孩,女孩,男孩,女孩。
-Where does that leave Cole? -[laughter]
-科尔在哪里?-[笑声]
Jane, go sit next to your dumb brother.
简,去坐在你傻弟弟旁边。
Tillie, you're over there.
蒂莉,你在那边。
And, Anne, switch places with Charlie.
安妮,和查理换位置。
Billy doesn't know anything about anything.
比利什么都不知道。
I'm glad you're here.
很高兴你来了。
Didn't have much of a choice.
别无选择。
Who would like to spin first?
谁想先旋转?
Diana!
戴安娜!
[Diana] Uh...
[戴安娜]呃。。。
-Moody. -Me?
-穆迪。-我?
[Josie] Now you have to kiss.
[乔西]现在你得接吻了。
-On the mouth. -[children gasping]
-在嘴上。-[孩子们喘息]
[laughter]
[笑声]
[Diana] Ahem.
[戴安娜]啊哼。
-Good afternoon, Moody. -Good afternoon, Diana.
-下午好,穆迪。-下午好,戴安娜。
I'm going to kiss you now.
我要吻你了。
[laughter and cheering]
[笑声和欢呼声]
Your turn, Anne.
该你了,安妮。
[Billy] I'm out.
[比利]我出去了。
No way.
不可能。
-[laughter] -Ugly orphan.
-[笑声]-丑陋的孤儿。
-[girl] No one will ever want you. -[echoing laughter]
-没人会想要你的。-[回响笑声]
[Josie] What are you afraid of, Anne?
你害怕什么,安妮?
I seem to recall you knowing a lot about intimate relations.
我好像记得你很了解亲密关系。
[girl] You are the scrawniest, homeliest,
[女孩]你是最骨瘦如柴,最有家的,
red-haired freckled witch that ever lived.
曾经生活过的红发雀斑女巫。
You're from unfortunate circumstances.
你来自不幸的环境。
[girl] No one will ever want you.
没人会想要你的。
[Josie] This can't be your first kiss.
这不可能是你的初吻。
[girl] Squeak! Squeak!
[女孩]吱吱!吱吱声!
Squeak! Freak.
吱吱声!怪胎。
Squeak! Freak!
吱吱声!怪胎!
[gasping]
[喘息声]
[Josie] Anne?
安妮?
Ever been kissed...
曾经被吻过。。。
Anne?
安妮?
Ye...
嗯。。。
No!
不!
[Anne sniffling]
[安妮抽泣]
[Diana] Anne!
安妮!
-[chuckling] -[sighing]
-[咯咯笑]-[叹息]
[Diana] Anne!
安妮!
Anne.
安妮。
Why did you run, Anne?
你为什么跑,安妮?
That Josie Pye! For someone with such a lack of imagination,
那个乔西·皮!对于一个缺乏想象力的人来说,
she certainly knows how to invent cruel and unusual forms of torture!
她当然知道如何发明残忍和不寻常的酷刑形式!
Why should I be forced to give an expression of tenderness
为什么我要被迫表达温柔
to indifferent or, in some cases, repulsive persons?
对冷漠的人,或在某些情况下,讨厌的人?
-[huffing] -Billy wasn't very nice at all.
-比利一点也不好。
I'm sorry he hurt your feelings.
很抱歉他伤害了你的感情。
The whole thing hurts everyone's feelings.
整件事伤害了每个人的感情。
It's not conducive! [sighing]
这对我不利![叹息声]
Con... ducive?
反对的论点。。。教育的?
To understanding anything about romance.
去理解任何关于浪漫的事情。
-Well, at least the snow is romantical. -[chuckling]
-好吧,至少雪是浪漫的。-[咯咯笑]
Just as I was leaving, Moody pulled me aside
我正要离开,穆迪把我拉到一边
and told me that my kiss was like fresh butter.
告诉我我的吻就像新鲜的黄油。
You have to admit that's rather romantic.
你得承认那很浪漫。
It's different for you, Diana, because everyone wants to kiss you.
对你来说不一样,戴安娜,因为每个人都想吻你。
[whistling]
[口哨声]
-Hello, Miss Barry. -[in French] Hello, Jerry.
-你好,巴里小姐。-你好,杰瑞。
[in French] And she speaks French! You are the complete package.
她会说法语!你是完整的包裹。
Your dialect is very different from classic French.
你的方言和古典法语很不一样。
Can you understand me okay?
你能听懂我的话吗?
I understand that you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.
我知道你是我见过的最漂亮的女孩。
[in English] Leave my friend alone, Jerry!
别碰我的朋友,杰瑞!
It's fine, Anne. He said I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
没事的,安妮。他说我是他见过的最漂亮的女孩。
Thank you, but you're very bold.
谢谢,但你很大胆。
What does it feel like to be divinely beautiful, Diana?
戴安娜,拥有神般的美丽是什么感觉?
-That's very kind, but I'm not div-- -No, you are.
-太好了,但我不是迪夫-不,你是。
Please answer the question. I have to know.
请回答这个问题。我必须知道。
Compliments are nice...
恭维很好。。。
but... I'd rather be smart.
但是。。。我宁愿聪明点。
What is the purpose of kissing?
接吻的目的是什么?
Is it... supposed to feel good?
它是。。。感觉好吗?
"With one long kiss my whole soul through.
“用一个长长的吻吻透了我的整个灵魂。
My lips, as sunlight drinketh dew." Tennyson.
我的嘴唇,像阳光喝露水。
But kissing reminds me more of a... mother bird feeding its baby.
但接吻让我更像是。。。鸟妈妈喂它的宝宝。
The thought... makes me queasy.
这个想法。。。让我恶心。
And what is the perfect kiss? Is it really sweeter than honey cake?
什么是完美的吻?它真的比蜂蜜蛋糕甜吗?
And if a kiss is such a big idea, then why is it such a small word?
如果一个吻是一个很大的想法,那么为什么它是一个很小的词呢?
It should be long and difficult to say. I've been trying to think
应该很长很难说。我一直在想
of a more appropriate name for it, but nothing gives me a thrill.
一个更合适的名字,但没有什么能让我兴奋。
I assume kissing should give you a thrill,
我想接吻会让你兴奋,
but I'm afraid I'll never find out.
但我恐怕永远也找不到答案。
Do you think one can have a tragical romance without ever being kissed?
你认为一个人不被亲吻就能拥有一段悲剧的浪漫吗?
Well, now, um...
好吧,现在,嗯。。。
I dunno.
我不知道。
Have either of you ever kissed anyone?
你们有谁吻过谁吗?
I...
一、 。。。
I should, uh... barn.
我应该,呃。。。谷仓。
For pity's sake, Anne, hold your tongue.
看在可怜的份上,安妮,闭嘴。
-Show some propriety here at supper. -Sorry.
-在这里吃晚饭要有礼貌。-对不起。
When would be a better time to ask?
什么时候问比较好?
[utensil clanking]
[器具叮当声]
Some other time.
改天吧。
[owl hooting]
[猫头鹰的叫声]
[gulls squawking]
[海鸥叫声]
-How was latrine duty, dear? -Boy, haul you tail.
-厕所值班怎么样,亲爱的?-孩子,拉你的尾巴。
[sniffing] Ugh!
[嗅]啊!
Argh!
啊!
-Ugh! -Still worth it.
-啊!-还是值得的。
Have to make that hay while the sun shine.
我得趁着阳光晒干草。
-Ain't that what you farm boys say? -You know what else they say?
-你们农场的人不是这么说的吗?-你知道他们还说什么吗?
Don't put the cart before the horse. This is gonna be a long few days.
不要本末倒置。这几天会很长。
Lucky for me, I can't smell it anymore.
幸运的是,我再也闻不到了。
-Ugh. -[chuckling]
-啊。-[咯咯笑]
-Ugh! -[Bash chuckling]
-啊!-[巴什咯咯笑]
[chuckles softly]
[轻声笑]
Ah, isn't it good to be alive on winter mornings like this?!
啊,像这样在冬天的早晨活着不是很好吗?!
[laughing]
[大笑]
Anne Shirley-Cuthbert! Goodness gracious, what's happened here?
安妮·雪莉·卡斯伯特!天哪,发生什么事了?
It's decorative.
这是装饰性的。
For beauty's sake. Even birds have pretty plumage, Marilla.
为了美丽。即使是鸟也有漂亮的羽毛,玛丽拉。
Plumage, fiddlesticks.
羽毛,小提琴。
Take all that out of your hair at once. You look ridiculous.
马上把你头发上的东西都去掉。你看起来很可笑。
Marilla, please, please, let me wear them to school!
玛丽拉,求你了,求你了,让我穿上它们去学校!
For the land's sake, that's the last place you want to wear them, believe me.
为了土地,那是你最不想穿的地方,相信我。
I know you don't understand or imagine, but if you had red hair,
我知道你不明白或者想象,但是如果你有一头红头发,
-you would want to cover it too! -I do not condone unnecessary adornment.
-你也要报道它!-我不容忍不必要的装饰。
Off they come.
他们走了。
Marilla, how can you be so unfeeling?
玛丽拉,你怎么能这么无情?
Years of practice.
多年的实践。
Now, you know I always mean what I say.
现在,你知道我说的都是真心话。
-But I need to be beautiful. -Enough of this foolishness.
-但我需要美丽。-别再傻了。
You'll take them out at once.
你马上把它们拿出来。
-[sighing] -[chickens clucking]
-[叹息]-[鸡咯咯叫]
[cattle lowing]
[牛叫声]
Ah! Ah.
啊!啊。
[loud sigh]
[大声叹息]
I wish I were a tree.
我希望我是一棵树。
Then I would have different hair for every season.
那我每个季节都会有不同的头发。
I would have pretty spring buds
我会有美丽的春蕾
and a full head of blossoms in summer...
盛开在夏天。。。
vibrant autumn colors, and then...
充满活力的秋色,然后。。。
-[creaking] -[crow cawing]
-[吱吱声]-[乌鸦叫]
Never mind.
不要介意。
-[laughter] -[background chatter]
-[笑声]-[背景聊天]
-What do you think? -Well...
-你觉得呢?-嗯。。。
You hold your head with such an air.
你这样神气地昂着头。
[Anne laughing]
[安妮大笑]
Here. If you don't mind, I'd just make one or two adjustments.
在这里。如果你不介意的话,我就做一两次调整。
For balance. May I?
为了平衡。我可以吗?
-Ooh, that'll look divine, Anne. -[laughter]
-哦,那看起来很神圣,安妮。-[笑声]
-Um, Diana, could you...? -Oh.
-嗯,戴安娜,你能。。。?-哦。
[Anne laughing softly]
[安妮轻声笑]
Sorry everyone's staring at us.
抱歉大家都盯着我们看。
I didn't think Cole could do that.
我以为科尔做不到。
[Anne] How I wish we were doing recitations today,
[安妮]我真希望我们今天能做朗诵课,
when appearance is of paramount importance.
当外表是最重要的时候。
Recitations... are the purest form of torture.
背诵。。。是最纯粹的折磨。
Torture?! You can't be serious.
折磨?!你不可能是认真的。
Standing up in front of a classroom, everyone staring at me?
站在教室前,每个人都盯着我看?
-That's the whole joy of it! -No joy at all.
-这就是它的全部乐趣!-一点快乐都没有。
It's like being under a microscope.
就像在显微镜下一样。
I just feel... too... tall,
我只是觉得。。。太。。。高个子,
too seen, too...
太多人看见了。。。
weird.
奇怪的。
[Diana] Oh, it's beautiful, Cole!
[戴安娜]哦,太美了,科尔!
-Ahem. -[laughter]
-啊哼。-[笑声]
Cole Mackenzie!
科尔·麦肯齐!
Since you seem to have such... feminine proclivities,
既然你看起来有。。。女性倾向,
we shall indulge your taste of it this morning.
今天上午我们将尽情品尝它。
-You can sit with the girls. -[exclamations and laughter]
-你可以和女孩们坐在一起。-[惊呼和笑声]
-[laughter] -[Billy] What?
-[笑声]-[比利]什么?
-No, no... -[laughter]
-不,不。。。-[笑声]
-[laughter] -[indistinct comments]
-[笑声]-[模糊评论]
[laughter]
[笑声]
[Marilla] The egg goes in when it's off the heat.
[玛丽拉]鸡蛋熄火后就进去了。
Can't believe you're sharing your secret recipe after all these years.
真不敢相信你这么多年都在分享你的秘方。
[Marilla] Nothing stays the same forever.
没有什么是永远不变的。
I...
一、 。。。
I wonder if you might offer me some advice, Rachel.
我想知道你能否给我一些建议,瑞秋。
I knew it. As soon as you invited me over,
我就知道。你一邀请我过来,
I said to Thomas: "Something must be vexing Marilla.
我对托马斯说:“一定有什么事让玛丽拉烦恼。
Since when does she need my help making her own matchless plum puffs?"
她什么时候开始需要我帮她做她自己无与伦比的李子泡芙了?”
Children. They get older.
孩子们。他们变老了。
Anne has started asking about--
安妮开始问起--
The dreaded questions.
可怕的问题。
She is preoccupied with kissing, of all things.
她全神贯注于接吻,尤其是亲吻。
[Rachel chuckling]
[瑞秋咯咯笑]
I admit, I'm a woman of narrow experience on this matter.
我承认,我在这件事上经验有限。
You've certainly taken on a great responsibility, Marilla.
你承担了很大的责任,玛丽拉。
That Anne is full of original sin.
安妮充满了原罪。
A young girl shouldn't be asking such questions.
年轻女孩不应该问这样的问题。
Let her know what's what. "Spare the rod and spoil the child."
让她知道什么是什么。”少用棍子,宠坏孩子。”
-That's what I say. -If I whacked the child
-我就是这么说的。-如果我打了孩子
every time she asked me a slew of questions,
每次她问我一大堆问题,
-she'd be black and blue. -She's an inquisitive little thing.
-她会是黑色和蓝色的。-她是个好奇的小东西。
And at this age, you have got to lay down the ground rules,
在这个年龄,你必须制定基本规则,
and lay them down hard.
把它们放在地上。
Over kissing?
接吻过度?
I've brought up ten children and buried two,
我养了十个孩子埋了两个,
and they'd all testify to the efficiency of my methods.
它们都证明了我的方法的有效性。
-I've no doubt. -Of course,
-我毫不怀疑。-当然,
folks that have raised children know that you've got to expect the unexpected
抚养孩子的人都知道你必须预料到意想不到的事情
when it comes to flesh and blood. [chuckling]
说到血肉之躯。[咯咯笑]
I recall a time I came home to find my eldest, Thomas Jr.,
我记得有一次我回家发现我的长子小托马斯。,
setting fire to the drapes.
点燃窗帘。
Nothing a birch switch couldn't cure.
没有什么是桦树开关不能治愈的。
Was that before or after he burned down your shed?
那是在他烧毁你的小屋之前还是之后?
Rachel does have the effect of making you want to do
瑞秋的确有让你想做的事
the complete opposite of what she suggests.
与她的建议完全相反。
Would you stop that infernal racket?! I can't hear myself think.
你能不能别再胡闹了?!我听不清自己在想什么。
I don't believe I could whip a child.
我不相信我能鞭打一个孩子。
But sometimes I think Anne is possessed.
但有时我觉得安妮着魔了。
A moment ago she called turning 14 "a solemn occasion."
刚才她还说14岁是“一个庄严的时刻”
And now it's this kissing business,
现在是接吻生意,
tying bows in her hair,
把蝴蝶结系在头发上,
vain as a peacock.
虚荣如孔雀。
-What are we going to do about it? -I promised you I wouldn't put my oar in.
-我们该怎么办?-我答应过你我不会把桨放进去的。
Well, I could use another oar now! I'm rowing around in circles.
好吧,我现在可以用另一把桨了!我在划船兜圈子。
Well, now...
好吧,现在。。。
I don't see the harm in her being curious.
我不认为她好奇有什么坏处。
Matthew Cuthbert, I don't understand you.
马修·卡斯伯特,我不明白你的意思。
I seem to remember... with you and John Blythe...
我好像记得。。。你和约翰·布莱斯。。。
-Yes. -Wasn't there a stolen kiss or two?
-是的。-不是偷了一两个吻吗?
How would you know?
你怎么知道?
No one stole anything.
没人偷东西。
What do you suggest?
你有什么建议?
Well...
好。。。
I mean, if we want to do right by Anne,
我是说,如果我们想对安妮做正确的事,
I reckon that means seeing that she has a fuller life...
我想那意味着她有一个更充实的生活。。。
than us.
而不是我们。
Give...
给。。。
Gotcha.
明白了。
[background chatter]
[背景聊天]
Mr. Phillips had no right to insult you like that.
菲利普斯先生没有权利那样侮辱你。
I'm sorry you had to endure it.
很抱歉你不得不忍受。
-[Cole] It's fine. -It's scandalous.
-[科尔]没事。-这是可耻的。
He's never liked me.
他从不喜欢我。
He doesn't seem to like anyone. Except Prissy.
他似乎不喜欢任何人。除了百里茜。
You noticed that I always seem to get detention for no other reason than I'm...
你注意到我总是被拘留除了我。。。
What?
什么?
You're what, Cole?
你是什么,科尔?
Different.
与众不同。
There's nothing wrong with different.
不同没有错。
I'm unusual, too. And that's why we're kindred.
我也不寻常。所以我们才有血缘关系。
-You're unique. -I don't want to be unique.
-你是独一无二的。-我不想与众不同。
Unique means weird.
独特意味着怪异。
I think it means...
我想这意味着。。。
singular and extraordinary.
奇异和非凡。
Well, I'd rather be ordinary.
好吧,我宁愿平凡。
I feel that way sometimes too.
我有时也有这种感觉。
But an ordinary person wouldn't be a brilliant artist.
但一个普通人不会是一个杰出的艺术家。
I'm not, but thanks.
我没有,但是谢谢。
[Anne chuckles]
[安妮咯咯笑]
[Anne sighing softly]
[安妮轻声叹息]
How was the beauty contest?
选美比赛怎么样?
I mean, school.
我是说,学校。
Anne, what did I say about your hair?
安妮,我说你的头发怎么样了?
I know, but my friend Cole styled it for me
我知道,但我朋友科尔为我做的
and did such a lovely job that I just had to leave it.
做了一份很好的工作,我不得不离开。
Perhaps one day you'll grow into a style like that,
也许有一天你会变成这样的人,
but for now I'll thank you to restore yourself to yourself.
但现在我要感谢你恢复自我。
I know it's foolish to want to be anything other than what I am,
我知道想成为我以外的任何人都是愚蠢的,
but I can't help it.
但我没办法。
I love... pretty things.
我爱。。。漂亮的东西。
Mm. I hate when I look in the glass and I see something that isn't pretty.
嗯。我讨厌在镜子里看到不漂亮的东西。
It makes me feel so sorrowful,
这让我感到很悲伤,
just as I feel when I see any ugly thing.
就像我看到任何丑陋的东西时的感觉。
I pity it because it's not beautiful.
我可怜它,因为它不漂亮。
Well, I have something that might cheer you up.
嗯,我有些东西可以让你高兴起来。
We received a letter today.
我们今天收到一封信。
-From Gilbert Blythe. -Oh! Oh, Marilla!
-来自吉尔伯特·布莱斯。-哦!哦,玛丽拉!
I'd forgotten about my foreign correspondence!
我忘了我的外国信件了!
Trinidad! I imagined that I was writing to some far-flung corner of the world,
特立尼达!我以为我在向世界的某个遥远的角落写信,
but nowhere this intriguing.
但没有这么有趣的地方。
"Miss Anne Shirley-Cuthbert." How wonderful! Look at that, Marilla!
“安妮·雪莉·卡斯伯特小姐。”太棒了!看那个,玛丽拉!
-I saw. -[laughter]
-我看见了。-[笑声]
Do try to learn to take things calmly, child.
孩子,一定要学会冷静地对待事情。
How can I be calm when I've never seen my name written with "Miss" before?
我从来没见过我的名字上写着“小姐”,我怎么能平静呢?
Well, open it.
好吧,打开它。
There's nothing romantical about this letter, nothing whatsoever.
这封信一点也不浪漫,一点也不浪漫。
You wrote to him about the gold, as I recall.
我记得你给他写过关于黄金的信。
Yes, that's exactly right.
是的,完全正确。
I wonder what he said.
我不知道他说了什么。
[bell tolling]
[钟声]
-[background chatter] -Not returning to Avonlea?
-不回阿文利亚了?
-"Indefinitely." -When did he send it?
-“无限期。”—他什么时候寄的?
It was posted three weeks ago from Port of Spain,
这是三周前从西班牙港寄来的,
in Trinidad.
在特立尼达。
You could write him back.
你可以给他回信。
With your knack for words, I'm sure you could convince him.
凭你的口才,我相信你能说服他。
Well, considering "there's gold in Avonlea" didn't change his mind
嗯,考虑到“阿文利亚有黄金”并没有改变他的想法
almost makes me grateful that there wasn't.
几乎让我庆幸没有。
Wouldn't it have been a personal mortification
那不是个人的耻辱吗
if he had to leave his exotic port-of-call?
如果他不得不离开他那异国情调的停靠港?
True enough.
没错。
In that way I suppose it's all worked out for the best.
这样的话,我想一切都会好起来的。
Besides, if I were to write him again, which I most certainly won't,
再说,如果我再给他写信,我肯定不会再给他写信了,
it would be to tell him that there's no "A" in "indefinitely."
那就是告诉他“无限期”里没有“A”
Maybe that was on purpose. Maybe he wants to be pen pals.
也许那是故意的。也许他想成为笔友。
If he's challenging me to a long-distance duel,
如果他要挑战我进行远距离决斗,
I will not engage.
我不参与。
I believe he spelled that word wrong last year. Engage.
我相信他去年把那个词拼错了。接合。
Engagement. But I... I don't quite recall.
订婚。但我。。。我不太记得了。
-[laughter] -[background chatter]
-[笑声]-[背景聊天]
[Diana] Ruby will have an affliction.
[黛安娜]鲁比会有痛苦的。
-Let's give this to her to keep. -What? Why?
-我们把这个交给她保管吧。-什么?为什么?
For her to cry over?
让她哭?
Unless...
除非。。。
you don't want to.
你不会想的。
-[Diana exclaiming] -What's this?
-[戴安娜惊叫]-这是什么?
-"Dear Anne, it's very nice to hear--" -Stop! Stop it! Just give it back!
-“亲爱的安妮,很高兴听到——”住手!住手!把它还给我!
-What am I--
-我是什么--
Ooh... what a gentleman.
哦。。。真是个绅士。
[Billy] Pfft. Just more girl stuff.
[比利]Pfft。只是更多的女孩的东西。
-[bird chirping] -[children shouting in the distance]
-[鸟鸣]-[远处的孩子们叫喊]
Why are you still here?!
你怎么还在这里?!
-Oh! Ugh. -[Bash chuckling]
-哦!啊。-[巴什咯咯笑]
-Boy, what you doing here? -Fireman sure hates my singing.
-孩子,你在这里干什么?-消防员真讨厌我唱歌。
You got yourself in trouble so you could come help me?
你惹上麻烦了所以你能来帮我?
Here. Hurry. Put some of this under your nose.
在这里。快点。把这个放在鼻子下面。
It'll help the smell. Allow me.
有助于消除气味。请允许我。
One of our neighbors back home is a pig farmer.
我们家的一个邻居是养猪户。
-[Gilbert chuckling] -Thyme.
-[吉尔伯特咯咯笑]-百里香。
Trinidadian bush medicine? Nice trick, Doc.
特立尼达布什医学?好把戏,医生。
-Self-preservation. -We have a saying:
-自我保护。-我们有句谚语:
"This plant don't ask to grow." Thyme's hardy, yeah?
“这种植物不要求生长。”百里香很耐寒,是吗?
Doesn't need minding. Grows where other plants cannot.
不需要关心。生长在其他植物不能生长的地方。
Hopefully like me, in Avonlea.
希望像我一样,在阿文利。
Two more days.
再过两天。
Still worth it?
还值得吗?
Get to work.
开始工作吧。
Ugh.
啊。
[Anne] Ruby would only ruin it with her tears anyway.
[安妮]无论如何,鲁比只会用眼泪毁掉一切。
And then she would cry again... over having ruined it.
然后她又哭了。。。把它毁了。
It's better if I hold onto it... for safety.
如果我能坚持下去。。。为了安全。
[cawing]
[咯咯叫]
I wonder if the other foxes ever twit you about your hair.
我不知道其他的狐狸有没有嘲笑过你的头发。
You're always alone.
你总是一个人。
Don't you have a sweetheart?
你没有情人吗?
Maybe we're just meant to be solitary creatures, you and I.
也许我们注定是孤独的生物,你和我。
-[rustling] -[cawing]
-[沙沙声]-[咯咯声]
Just so you know, you're very beautiful!
你知道,你很漂亮!
Anne, before you go, a word.
安妮,在你走之前,说一句话。
Yes, Marilla?
什么事,玛丽拉?
You shouldn't dwell so much on your looks, Anne.
安妮,你不该太在意你的长相。
I assure you, it's better to be plain.
我向你保证,最好直截了当。
If you're beautiful, you get stuck on one path,
如果你很漂亮,你会被困在一条路上,
and that's all that's expected of you.
这就是对你的期望。
Whereas you'll be able to go through life
而你却可以度过一生
getting to be exactly who you are
成为真正的你
without calling too much attention to yourself.
不要太在意自己。
It's a gift. Really.
这是一份礼物。真正地。
There are more important things than beauty,
有比美丽更重要的东西,
and you'll have every opportunity to find out.
你会有机会发现的。
[Josie] Prissy says that his mustache was scratchy, not soft.
百里茜说他的胡子很痒,不软。
[laughter]
[笑声]
What does Cole, peeking out of the coats like that, remind you of?
科尔那样从外套里偷看,让你想起了什么?
-I don't know. -An owl tucked in the hollow of a tree.
-我不知道。-蜷缩在树洞里的猫头鹰。
He's so dedicated to his art, really cultivating his imagination.
他如此专注于他的艺术,真的培养了他的想象力。
He's very handsome, isn't he?
他很帅,不是吗?
You can't like all the boys!
你不可能喜欢所有的男孩!
[Josie laughing]
[乔西笑]
Sad and handsome.
悲伤又英俊。
The poor thing could use some cheering up.
这个可怜的家伙需要一些鼓励。
Hello, Cole.
你好,科尔。
I just wanted to say I think it's too bad our game ended
我只是想说我觉得我们的比赛结束了太糟糕了
before you could have your turn.
在轮到你之前。
I suppose I could break the rules and allow you to kiss me now.
我想我可以打破规矩,让你现在吻我。
No, thanks.
不用了,谢谢。
What's wrong with you?! Don't you like girls or something?
你怎么了?!你不喜欢女孩子吗?
I don't like you.
我不喜欢你。
Cole is a freak!
科尔是个怪胎!
Josie Pye, you take that back! Cole is my friend!
乔西·比,你把它拿回来!科尔是我的朋友!
Then it's a match made in heaven.
那就是天作之合。
Spin.
旋转。
[scoffing] I'm not kissing that ugly orphan.
[嘲笑]我不会吻那个丑陋的孤儿。
[laughter]
[笑声]
-Arf-arf-arf-arf! -[laughter]
-啊,啊,啊,啊!-[笑声]
Oh, when her face turns red, it's like she's all red.
哦,当她的脸变红的时候,就好像她全身都红了。
[laughter]
[笑声]
-I'll kiss Anne. -Oh, how splendid!
-我要吻安妮。-哦,太棒了!
Good. Let the freaks kiss.
很好。让怪胎接吻。
-[girl] Freak! -[gasping]
-[女孩]怪胎!-[喘息声]
Kiss, freaks. Kiss.
亲,怪胎。接吻。
Little freak!
小怪胎!
[Anne gasping] What are you doing?!
你在干什么?!
No!
不!
-[exclaiming] -Freak!
-[惊叫]-怪胎!
-[Billy] Kiss, freaks! -[girl] Stop.
-[比利]亲,怪胎!-停下。
[Billy] Kiss, freaks, kiss!
吻,怪胎,吻!
-[both] Kiss, freaks, kiss! -[Jane] Stop it!
-吻,怪胎,吻!-[简]住手!
-[kids] Kiss, freaks, kiss! -Stop!
-吻,怪胎,吻!-住手!
-Kiss, freaks, kiss! -[Jane] That's untoward!
-亲,怪胎,亲!-[简]那太糟糕了!
-Leave them alone! -Stop being mean!
-别管他们!-别再刻薄了!
[kids shouting]
[孩子们喊叫]
-Billy! -Kiss, freaks, kiss!
-比利!-亲,怪胎,亲!
-[kids shouting] -Kiss, freaks, kiss!
-[孩子们喊叫]-亲,怪胎,亲!
-[Diana] Leave them alone! -[Billy] Kiss, freaks, kiss!
-别管他们!-吻,怪胎,吻!
[boys] Kiss, freaks, kiss! Kiss, freaks, kiss!
吻,怪胎,吻!亲,怪胎,亲!
-[Diana] Leave them alone! -[Billy] What are you waiting for?!
-别管他们!-你还在等什么?!
-[Diana] Leave them alone! -[Billy] Kiss, freaks, kiss!
-别管他们!-吻,怪胎,吻!
-[Anne laughs] -[boy] Ah!
-[安妮笑]-[男孩]啊!
[laughter]
[笑声]
[Anne] I've decided I'm not going to do anymore kissing.
[安妮]我决定不再接吻了。
Not unless I want to.
除非我愿意。
Of course, if I wasn't so homely, I would have more options.
当然,如果我不是那么家常,我会有更多的选择。
You're not homely, Anne.
安妮,你不是个普通人。
I wish you'd stop saying that. It's not true.
我希望你不要再那样说了。这不是真的。
Diana, it is my firm belief that my life would be easier
戴安娜,我坚信我的生活会更轻松
if I was beautiful like you.
如果我像你一样漂亮。
Nonsense!
胡说!
I'd trade my dimples for any of your cleverness
我愿意用我的酒窝换你的聪明
and consider it cheaply bought at that price.
再考虑一下以这个价格买的便宜。
Diana, I'm so glad you're exquisite.
戴安娜,我很高兴你很精致。
Next to being beautiful oneself... [sniffling]
除了美丽自己。。。[抽鼻子]
it's best to have a beautiful bosom friend.
最好有个漂亮的知己。
[laughing]
[大笑]
-[sniffling] -[laughter]
-[抽泣]-[笑声]
[laughter]
[笑声]
-Mwah. -[laughter]
-嗯。-[笑声]
[both giggling] Mwah! Mwah!
[咯咯笑]哇!哇!
[clattering]
[咔嗒声]
Hello there again, Miss Anne of Green Gables.
你好,格林山墙的安妮小姐。
Hello.
你好。
What is wrong, little bird?
怎么了,小鸟?
You wouldn't happen to have anything in that wonderful case
你不会碰巧在那个美妙的箱子里有任何东西
that would make me beautiful, would you?
那会让我变漂亮的,是吗?
Perhaps a remedy to remove my horrible freckles
也许能治好我的雀斑
and give me a rose-leaf complexion?
给我一个玫瑰叶的肤色?
Or lovely, starry, violet eyes?
或者可爱的,星星般的,紫罗兰色的眼睛?
Hmm.
隐马尔可夫模型。
Hmm...
隐马尔可夫模型。。。
Hmm. No.
嗯,不。
I'm afraid not.
恐怕不行。
-Hmm. -What's that?
-嗯。-那是什么?
Hair dye?! Do you...
染发剂?!你…吗。。。
Do you think this will turn my hair a beautiful raven black?
你认为这会让我的头发变成乌鸦般的乌黑吗?
That's what it say.
上面是这么说的。
My red hair is the bane of my existence.
我的红头发是我存在的祸根。
And raven hair is my life-long dream.
乌鸦的头发是我一生的梦想。
Still no money?
还是没钱?
Uh... I have a sandwich.
休斯敦大学。。。我有一个三明治。
Ham.
火腿。
Cheese.
奶酪。
-Instructions are on the label. -Oh!
-说明书在标签上。-哦!
[laughing]
[大笑]
Ah... thank you!
啊。。。谢谢您!
[cattle lowing]
[牛叫声]
[horse whinnying]
[马嘶声]
-[Gilbert] Thank you. -[horse snorting]
-[吉尔伯特]谢谢。-[马呼噜声]
[chuckling]
[咯咯笑]
-[Gilbert] Welcome home. -[Bash] Welcome home to you too.
-欢迎回家。-[巴什]也欢迎你回家。
Oof.
噢。
The, uh, kinds of feelings...
那种感觉。。。
The, uh...
呃。。。
the, uh... emotions consequent on the first kiss
呃。。。初吻后的情绪
can be... unsettling,
可以是。。。令人不安,
and-- Yeah, yeah--
而且——是的,是的--
sometimes as... as we get a bit older...
有时。。。随着年龄的增长。。。
they can...
他们可以。。。
Anne? I'm back from Rachel's.
安妮?我从瑞秋家回来了。
The...
这个。。。
The expression of a certain passion...
某种激情的表达。。。
No.
不。
The...
这个。。。
expression of a certain feeling...
表达某种感情。。。
Anne?
安妮?
Intuition, our own selfhood,
直觉,我们的自我,
nature's highest teacher...
大自然的最高导师。。。
Anne? I dare say I'm prepared to settle your questions now.
安妮?我敢说我已经准备好解决你的问题了。
Kissing is a natural expression of love and its emotions...
接吻是爱和情感的自然表达。。。
Mercy me. Have you been sleeping?
可怜我。你一直在睡觉吗?
-Anne! -[Anne tearfully] No.
-安妮!-不。
-Are you ill? -No, but...
-你病了吗?-不,但是。。。
please, I'm in the depths of despair. [sobbing]
求你了,我陷入了绝望的深渊。[抽泣]
Please, Marilla, go away and don't look at me!
拜托,玛丽拉,走开,别看着我!
Did anyone ever hear the like? Whatever is the matter with you?
有人听过这样的话吗?你到底怎么了?
Get up right this minute and tell me. This minute, I say.
马上起来告诉我。现在,我说。
Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, what have you done to your hair?!
安妮·雪莉·卡特伯特,你的头发怎么了?!
Why, it's green!
为什么,它是绿色的!
-Ow. -The more you squirm,
-噢。-你越蠕动,
the longer these ringlets will take, pretty miss.
这些戒指要花的时间越长,小姐。
Would it be so terrible if I didn't have curls tomorrow?
如果我明天没有卷发会很糟糕吗?
Beauty is power, darling.
美丽就是力量,亲爱的。
You know that.
你知道的。
Yes?
对?
Yes.
对。
There. Now get some sleep.
在那里。现在睡一觉。
You look tired, and that won't do.
你看起来很累,那不行。
[Anne] Oh, Marilla, you little know how utterly wretched I am!
[安妮]噢,玛丽拉,你不知道我有多可怜!
[sobbing] I'm the unhappiest girl in Prince Edward Island.
我是爱德华王子岛上最不快乐的女孩。
Well, if I'd decided it was worthwhile to dye my hair,
如果我觉得染头发是值得的,
I'd have dyed it a decent color at least.
我至少会把它染成像样的颜色。
But I didn't mean to dye it green!
但我不是故意把它染成绿色的!
I applied the dye as the directions said.
我照说明书上说的涂上了染料。
I used up the whole bottle, and... oh, Marilla,
我喝光了整瓶,然后。。。哦,玛丽拉,
it was like I'd been bewitched. When I saw myself with raven hair,
我好像被施了魔法。当我看到自己乌黑的头发,
I didn't want anything more than to look like myself again!
我只想再长得像我自己!
I looked like a demon possessed!
我看起来像被恶魔附身了!
I tried and I tried to wash it off, but it wouldn't come out. I...
我试了又试着把它洗掉,但它不出来。一、 。。。
I thought maybe laundry bluing would... would strip it out!
我想也许洗衣发蓝会。。。会把它剥掉的!
-[sobbing] -Well, that explains it.
-[抽泣]-好吧,这就解释了。
Oh, Marilla, what shall I do?
噢,玛丽拉,我该怎么办?
I can never, never live this down. People have pretty well forgotten
我永远不能,永远不能活下去。人们已经完全忘记了
my other mistakes, but they'll never forget this!
我的其他错误,但他们永远不会忘记这一点!
They'll think I'm not respectable. Oh, Marilla,
他们会认为我不体面。哦,玛丽拉,
"what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."
“当我们第一次练习欺骗时,我们编织了一张多么纠结的网啊。”
And that is poetry, but it is true.
这是诗,但这是真的。
And, oh, how Josie Pye will laugh.
还有,哦,乔西·皮会笑得多开心。
Oh, Marilla, I can't face Josie Pye. I just can't!
噢,玛丽拉,我不能面对乔西·皮。我就是做不到!
Well, I hope you've got your eyes opened as to where vanity leads you, Anne.
好吧,安妮,我希望你对虚荣心的指引有所了解。
I'll never, never look at myself again.
我再也不会,再也不会看我自己了。
Yes, I will, too. I'll do penance for being wicked.
是的,我也会的。我要为自己的恶行赎罪。
And I'll look at myself every time I come into my room and see how ugly I am.
每次我走进房间,我都会看着自己,看看自己有多丑。
And I won't try to imagine it away, either.
我也不会去想象。
Henceforth...
从今往后。。。
my kiss will sit on my lips for all of eternity
我的吻将永远留在我的唇上
like a rose that longs to be plucked, but never will.
就像一朵玫瑰,渴望被采摘,却永远不会。
-[sobbing] -Now, now.
-[抽泣]-现在,现在。
I reckon beauty doesn't enter into it.
我认为美貌并不在其中。
When someone loves you, Anne... then you'll be kissed.
当有人爱你的时候,安妮。。。然后你会被亲吻。
Marilla, Marilla, say those blessed words again? [sobs]
玛丽拉,玛丽拉,再说一遍那些祝福的话?[抽泣声]
I guess once is enough to say them.
我想说一次就够了。
Now, are you ready?
现在,你准备好了吗?
Oh, please cut it off at once and have it over!
噢,请马上把它剪掉,把它收起来!
Oh, I feel as if my heart is broken.
哦,我觉得我的心都碎了。
I'm going to weep all the time that you are cutting,
你剪的时候我都要哭,
if that won't interfere.
如果那不妨碍的话。
This is such an unromantic affliction.
这真是一种不浪漫的痛苦。
[snipping]
[截击声]