少年斯派维的奇异旅行 The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet

上映日期: 2,013

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 家庭 / 冒险

导演: 让-皮埃尔·热内

演员: 凯尔·凯特莱特 / 海伦娜·伯翰·卡特 / 朱迪·戴维斯 / 考乐姆·吉斯·雷尼 / 妮娅姆·威尔逊 / 里克·麦瑟 / 朱利安·瑞钦斯 / 多米尼克·皮侬


台词
西部
Our ranch was located several miles north of Divide,
我家的牧场位于大分水岭以北数英里处
lost in the Pioneer Mountains.
隐没于派厄尼尔山脉中
The closest thing to traffic was when
这儿能称得上是交通工具的 只有太平洋联合公司的货运火车
Union Pacific Freight trains rumbled through the valley.
它们每天从山谷中呼啸而过
at 5: 44 am
分别在早晨05:44
11: 53 am,
上午11:53
5: 15 pm.
和下午05:15
Divide was literally located on the continent of the divide.
分水岭地如其名,正位于大陆分水岭
To the east, rivers spill into the Atlantic.
分水岭以东,河流汇入大西洋
To the west, it is spill into the Pacific.
以西则汇入太平洋
One day my brother Layton and I, decided to
一天,我和我弟弟雷顿
christian its natural water.
决定给这个天然分界举行命名典礼
Layton.
雷顿
Look over here.
跟我做
Hello Big Sur!
你好,大瑟尔!
Hello New Orleans!
你好,新奥尔良!
Hello Big Sur!
你好,大瑟尔!
And "Hello New Orleans!"
还有“你好,新奥尔良”
Hello New Orleans!
你好,新奥尔良!
But Layton's favourite pastime
但雷顿最喜欢的消遣方式
was shooting at anything that moved.
是用枪打一切会动的东西
Big loop.
手挥大圈
Elbow up.
胳膊抬高
Ready?
好了?
Now!
扔!
Go!
推!
Stop!
停一下!
Upon my brothers request,
在弟弟的要求下
father built us a seesaw.
父亲为我们搭了个跷跷板
Slow down!
慢点儿!
Come on, cowboy.
是这么骑,小牛仔
My father loved Layton
我爸爸爱雷顿
more than anything in the world.
胜过世上的一切
Yes , Good deal.
真不错
I would have liked to be a daredevil, too.
虽然我也向往成为那样的超胆侠
But I knew I never be upto it.
但我知道我永远做不到
.
一年前
巴特历史博物馆
Orffyreus have five marbles trapped in tubes,
奥菲亚设计了五滚珠管道模型
creating an imbalance. This rocking motion, however,
以建立失衡系统,但其中的摆动
caused the energy to dissipate.
引起了能量的迅速减少
Robert Flux built a mill based on the concept
罗贝尔·弗拉克基于永动轮转概念
of perpetual rotation.
建造了一座磨碎机
However the inherit friction of the machine caused significant loss of energy.
但机器的固有摩擦造成了能量的大量耗损
Italian philosopher Marco Zimara
意大利哲学家马可·泽马拉
imagined a machine that could recycle the wind.
设计了一种回收风力的机器
But the force required to compress the bellows
但压缩风箱需要的力
was greater than the energy produced by the windmill.
却超过了风力产生的能量
So it didn't work.
所以无法实现
No scientific challenge remains greater,
至今没有任何科学挑战能够在重大性
most prestigious,
声望性
more mythical,
和神秘性上
than that of finding the key to
超过寻求
perpetual motion.
永动机之谜的钥匙
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Yet some affirm that
然而有些人却断言
this quest is doomed to failure.
这种探索注定会失败
Such a machine
因为永动机违背了
defies the laws of the universe.
宇宙的物理定律
The very basis of thermodynamics assumes that
热力学的基础理论认为
all mechanism will eventually come to stop.
任何机械最终将会处于静止状态
Well, it is you.
嗯,你说
Yeah. Given the current state of Science and Technology,
就目前的科学技术而言
isn't the quest for perpetual motion better suited for
永动机的探索不是更适合那些
idealists and poets than real scientists?
空想家和诗人,而不是科学家么?
What if imagination start it
如果科学终结的时候
and science end it?
想象才会开始?
Those who push the boundaries of science, what they not all poets?
那些超越科学极限的人,难道不能叫他们诗人么
I'm certain
我相信
that as we speak here today, that somewhere in this country,
我们今天在这儿讨论, 而在这个国家的某处
a budding Leonardo Da Vinci
有一位小列昂纳多·达·芬奇
is gaining up for the challenge.
正在为这项挑战而努力
Thank you very much.
谢谢大家
Oh God ...
天哪
Hello.
你好呀
Sir, I am the Leonardo from Montana.
先生,我是来自蒙大拿州的达芬奇
Oh yeah? What you are going to do?
是吗?那你要做什么呢?
I accept the challenge.
我接受这项挑战
You do?
真的?
小奇才斯比维特
One afternoon in August, the phone rang
八月的一天下午,电话铃响了
while my sister Gracie and I
那时我和姐姐格雷西
on the porch, shredding sweet corn into large metal buckets.
正坐在门廊上剥玉米
What?
怎么?
the buckets were riddled with bite marks dating back to last spring
铁桶上布满齿痕,那还是去年春天的事
when our dog Tapioca got depressed
那时我家的狗——木薯卡,闷闷不乐
and started eating metal.
爱上了嚼铁桶
Hello?
喂?
Uh, really...
呃,真是…
Gracie, can you hold this for a second.
格雷西,帮我拿一下
This is what I predicted.
跟我预料的一样
Manticora herculeana
大王虎甲
is a subspecies of cicindeler.
是虎甲属的亚种
Who was at that called ?
呃,谁打来的电话?
Same time, has a heart at tip of the mandible
同时,它的下颚尖有毛
doesn't seem to have a white spot on the electra.
另一只角上没有白点
Mom?
妈?
The phone, who was it?
电话是谁打来的?
Oh, a call for T.S.
嗯,是找T.S.的
A call for him?
找他?
Yes, Gracie.
是啊,格雷西
Who was it?
谁找我?
I do not know.
不知道
She is still in the line. she is waiting.
我没挂,她还等着
You should probably go.
你得去接了
If you finish before I get back, count the number of good ears and the number of bad ones.
如果我还没回来你就剥好了 帮我数数好的和坏的玉米棒子都有几根
Why don't get the kernels, while you're at it?
怎么数,都剥成玉米粒了
I had 3 options to get to the phone.
去接电话,有3条路可走
The corridor / kitchen way,
一条是走廊/厨房之路
the quickest but also the most boring.
它最快,也最无聊
Upstairs /Downstairs route,
另一条是上楼/下楼之路
but the shift in altitude made me nauseous.
但爬楼和高度变化让我头晕恶心
I opted for the third and riskiest,
我选择了第三条,也是最冒险的路
particularly when father was working around the house.
尤其是当父亲在房子里游走的时候
The scent in room smelled like whiskey stained leather.
休息室有点威士忌混着皮革的气味
and moldy photographs.
还有发了霉的照片
If you just closed your eyes,
当你闭上眼睛,仔细品味
you could feel the dust forming onto your prairie
你便会仿佛置身草原,一群牛仔骑士
after a cowboy posse cavalcade.
驰骋而过,尘埃落定
Layton use this thing as setting room, was the greatest thing since
雷顿觉得休息室是自烤奶酪之后
quirrell trees.
最棒的东西了
Hello?
喂?
Hello, yes, uh...
喂,好的,嗯
I would like to speak to T.S. Spivet, this is Miss Jibsen,
我想找T.S.斯比维特,我叫吉布森
Under Secretary of the Smithsonian.
是史密森学院的副干事
Hold on.
请等一下
Father!
父亲!
Phone!
有电话!
My father is all yours, Ms. Jibsen.
我父亲来了,吉布森小姐
Hello, Mr. Spivet.
您好,斯比维特先生
Yes.
Yes! My dad is listening.
我爸爸在听
Could you hand him the phone please.
你能让他接电话吗?
No.
不行
No! My father is mute, Ms. Jibsen.
我父亲是哑的,吉布森小姐
He can hear you but can only respond in sign language.
他能听见,但只能用手语回话
I will translate everything for you.
我可以帮忙翻译给你听
You are the T.S. Spivet
您就是那位刚刚发明了磁力轮的
that has just invent the magnetic wheel?
T.S.斯比维特先生么?
One second. Father saying ...
稍等,父亲说…
Yes, I only sent you the blueprints.
是的,我只给你们寄了设计图
Because , I didn't have the time to do it.
是因为我没时间把它…做出来
The quest for perpetual movement!
寻找永动机
I mean, Its the Holy Grail of inventors ...
我是说,这可是创造桂冠上的明珠
Tell me Mr.Spivet, I take it you live in Montana?
跟我说说,斯比维特先生,我想你住在蒙大拿州?
Coppertop ranch.
是的,在铜顶牧场
Longitude: 112?44' 19".
经度:112°44′19".
Latitude: 45?44' 27".
纬度:45°44′27".
These are the coordinates to my bedroom.
那就是我卧室的坐标
Wow! Clearly you have an eye for detail!
显然您钟情细节!
which is a reckless ad for
这可是所有发明家的
any great inventor.
必备品质
Father is asking:
父亲问:
so you are the head of the Smithsonian?
您就是史密森学院的院长?
Well! Technically, I'm the Under Secretary, but,
嗯,准确的说,我是副干事,但是…
many people would say I run the place.
说我在总管这儿也差不多
Wow
Yeah.
对了
Look Mr.Spivet,
听我说,斯比维特先生
your invention
您的发明
has won our prestigious Baird Award.
获得了我们著名的贝尔德奖
So...
你是说…
Spencer Baird Award?
斯宾塞贝尔德奖?
Indeed.
正是
Our 150th anniversary gala is in a week's time
下星期正好是我们的150周年庆典
and this would be perfect oppurtunity for you to
如果您能来,这可是个完美的时机…
You know Make your acceptance speech.
给我们做个获奖致辞
Of course, we would
当然我们也会
provide you with a sign language interpreter.
给您提供手语翻译
But ...
但…
I'll be in class.
我得去上课
I go back to school on Monday.
下周一就开学了
You must teach at the University of Montana?
想必您是在蒙大拿大学执教?
A quick phone call to your president, Jack Campbell,
我给杰克·坎贝尔校长打个电话
and it will be taken care of. I mean,
一切都可以打点好
We are talking about the Baird Award after all.
毕竟我们说的是贝尔德奖
Prairie of Truth
真话平原
Mountain of Lies
谎言山谷
Hello?
喂?
Hello?
喂?
I was just thinking.
我在想
I can't come out to receive the Baird award.
我不能来领奖了
I have too much work to finish.
我还有很多事情要做
Thanks anyway.
还是谢谢您
Have a good day.
祝一天愉快
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
What do you think I am doing?
你觉得呢?
You are going to mess up my dataset.
你都要把我的数据毁了
You're in there for like 15 hours.
你都进去半天了
Who was that?
谁来的电话?
A journalist ... From New York.
是个记者…纽约来的…
Wants me to go there for an interview about my work.
想要我过去给他们做个采访
Inside Gracie's cortex
格雷西的内心
Just laugh in his face, its the only way to deal with this.
狠狠嘲笑他,只能这么反应
Clearly he is making it up.
他明显是在编故事
And if it were true?
可要是是真的呢?
You mean this total spass leaving Montana before us?
你是说这个真·宅男要比我们先走出蒙大拿么?
Would it be so bad to be a celebrity sister?
做个名人的姐姐也不错么?
This total dork, invited to New York ...
这个笨呆子…要去纽约了…
for an interview?
去接受采访?
You're full crap.
你满嘴胡话
I told her I can't come, cause' classes are again monday,
我跟她讲了我去不了,因为星期一开学
but she was insisting.
但她坚持要我去
What did I do to god for hate me? It's like
我做了什么孽老天这么玩我…就好像对我说…
"Here, Gracie, I found you a family full of nutjobs,"
“看,格雷西,我给你安了个家, 家里人都是怪人
"And you are gonna live in no worse in Montana"
你要住在蒙大拿的山旮旯
"and your brother, who is a total spat"
而你弟弟,那个超级宅男
"is going to New York!"
要去纽约了!”
I told you I am not going I've got a school.
都给你说了我要上学不去了
News fash crazy New Yorkers loves spatters
大新闻,格雷西,纽约爱宅男
Its kind of a new trend!.
宅男引领新潮流!
Too late.
一切都晚了
Any chance you've got
只要一有机会
she wallowed in the role of the misunderstood actress
她就会走上误解的道路无法自拔
She landed the lead in a retro anti establishment theater piece.
格雷西是怀旧反保守剧团的领舞
But that night,
但那晚
I was busy working on a challenge set by Discover magazine
我正忙着完成《发现》杂志发起的挑战:
"How to drop an egg from the top"
“如何从帝国大厦顶部扔下一只蛋
"of the Empire State Building without breaking it. "
“而不打碎它”
Inorder to finish my project and get out of saying Gracie's blain,
为了完成我的设计,不去观看格雷西的演出
I had to end this Tapioca to the rest field.
我得寻求木薯卡的帮助
One night, in a Bette Davis face,
一天晚上,就好像贝蒂·戴维斯附体
Gracie launched into a heated diatribe
格雷西挑起了一场针对父亲休息室的
about father's museum setting hall.
热烈的发泄
Is it even conceivable that the cowboy museum or rather, mausoleum
要把那个牛仔陈列室,或者说牛仔陵墓
could be turned into a normal living room
改造成普通的休息室
where normal people
给普通人休闲…
could relax and have normal conversation?
聊天,这有可能么?
My father, Tecumseh Elijah Spivet,
我的父亲,特库姆塞·以利亚·斯比维特
was born 100 years too late.
晚生了一百多年
He had the soul, stature, and mindset of a cowboy.
他的灵魂,体格和思维都是彻底的牛仔
For him talking was a necessary chore,
对他而言,说话是件苦差事
as shoeing a horse.
就像钉马掌一样
Cellphone reception was nowhere to be found at coppertop ranch
铜顶牧场里见不到电话机
and father refused to install a telephone
父亲也不让在格雷西房里
in Gracie's room.
装上一部
And you heard in the voice?
你听到她的声音了,是吧?
Her looks.
看她那身材!
Yeah, its no wonder in history of Miss America pagents Miss Montana never won.
你就知道为啥从来没有蒙大拿女人 赢下美国小姐大赛了
Except, the worst selection ever!
蒙大拿女人就像史上最糟糕的选择!
every night in his setting room
每个晚上,在休息室
father took off his boots
父亲脱下靴子
and muttering some cryptic statements
咕哝些只有自己懂的话
after raising glass of whiskey upto his lips
举起手里的威士忌
precisely every 45 seconds.
精确地每45秒喝一口
a conversion from a cricket.
胡说八道的死蛐蛐
crickets and insects,
蛐蛐是一种昆虫
were my mother's specialty.
它们是我母亲的研究对象
Dr Clair spent most of her adult life
克莱尔博士自打成年起的大部分时光
studying tiny creatures with the magnifying glass,
都在用放大镜研究微小生物
then classifying them into species ...
并且将其分入种属
and subspecies.
以及亚种
What if it doesn't exist?
假如它不存在呢?
What?
什么?
I mean, for a year now, you stopped everything
我是说,都一年了,你放弃了一切
to prove that tigermonk cicindele's exist
就为了证明虎甲属中确实存在虎和尚…
Stopped everything?
放弃一切?
What do you mean, in a
你是指什么…
maternal sense or a scientific one?
是指作为母亲的责任还是其他的科学研究?
What is it that you want me to start doing again?
你想让我在已经放弃的东西里找回来的
Or else I stopped doing?
是什么?
I don't know.
我不知道
Your research on the parasitic scolyte catepiller maybe?
说不定是你对小蠹毛虫的研究?
Your findings could've saved all the pine trees in Montana.
你的发现可能会拯救蒙大拿所有的松树
Every other scientific attempt have failed.
其他所有的科学研究都失败了
Failed?
失败了?
Form the ecologists point of view, maybe.
从生态学角度看,许是失败了
But from the caterpillar's point of view,
但从毛虫的角度看
looks like a win win situation.
却像是双赢的结果
Anyway I never liked pine trees.
但总之,我从没喜欢过松树
They're dripy and sticky.
又潮又黏
Some things are just meant to die.
有些东西生来就是要灭绝的
How my parents ever fell for each other is a mystery.
我的父母是如何相爱的是一个谜
They were like day and night.
他们的区别就像白天和黑夜
The human head lice, Pediculus humanus capitis
虱子,又叫人类头虱
belong to the Anoplura family.
类属于虱目
A. N. O. P. L. U. R. A. A. N. O. P. L. U. R. A.
T.S., When you drawing the legs,
T.S.,你画腿的时候
make sure you observe not just how many there are but the exact distance between them.
不仅要注意有几条腿, 还要注意他们之间确切的距离
Yeah. The exact distance between them.
是啊,他们之间确切的距离
Beware of mediocrity,
谨防平庸
its the fungus of the mind.
它是头脑中的霉菌
We must constantly fight against it
我们必须时刻与之斗争
or creeping to everything we do.
不然它将干扰我们做的每件事
Darn!
该死!
Those got away.
虱子跑了
A lasso to catch him.
瞧给你做了个套索抓住它
Thanks, Dad.
谢了,老爸
A fool, by definition is the one who turns, what is beyond his middle grasp,
傻瓜的定义是,一个将自己不能理解的事物
will do one big joke.
转变成一个大笑话的人
Then a few days later, at the end of the hallway,
然后,几天后,在走廊转角
their hands brushed against each other,
他们的手掌轻擦而过
as if they were secretly exchanging a few seeds.
就好像在秘密交换几粒种子一样
What?
干什么?
And then there was Layton,
然后说说雷顿
my dizygotic twin.
我的异卵双胞弟弟
That's when two sperm cells fertilize two seperate eggs.
异卵双生是指精子细胞 分别受精两个不同的卵细胞
To each his own embryo
发育成两个不同的胚胎
To each his own lucky star
各自有不同的天赋
Layton got the height and I got the neurons.
雷顿得了身体,我得了大脑
Mom! Yeah!
- 妈妈 - 嗯?
Have you ever gotten AIDS?
你得过艾滋吗?
What?!
啥?
Angela Ashworth says AIDS are bad and you probably have them.
安吉拉·艾什沃说艾滋不好,说我大概得了艾滋
Well! next time, you just tell Angela Ashworth
嗯,要有下次你就告诉安吉拉·艾什沃
Just because she feels insecure about being a little girl
不能因为她自己身为一个小女孩
in a society that puts an anointed amount of pressure on moment to the baptism physical standard
并且活在一个对女性身体健康有极高要求 并且给予极大压力的社会中
it doesn't mean that she had to take out her
她就有理由把她的
misplaced self loathing on a nicer boy like you.
错位的自我厌恶发泄在你这样一个善良男孩的身上
You may be an inherent part of the problem, but, certainly doesn't mean you have AIDS.
你可能确实不完美,但那绝不等于你得了艾滋
I'm not sure I can remember all that.
我可能记不下那么多
Well, just tell her ... she's fat.
那就跟她讲…她发胖了
OK.
好吧
But Layton died last year doing an accident with the gun in the old bar.
但是雷顿去年死于一场枪支走火意外, 就在老谷仓里
I don't know what went wrong.
我不知道是怎么了
I was there too. Measuring gun shots.
我当时也在那, 在测量枪响
(事情发生在这一刻)
No one ever talked about it.
没有人谈起这件事
No one.
从来没有
Not bad.
不错 克里斯
Except that we have to go over this a little bit.
但我们一会得再讨论一下
Daisy ... B +.
黛西… B+.
Solid work.
作业很扎实
Excellent illustrations of the lake formation process.
对湖的形成过程的例证好极了
T.S… C+. T.S... C+.
Report shows undeniable qualities,
报告展现了无可否认的才能
but as usual, is way off subject.
但一如既往,离题万里
What does the formation of lakes in Montana have anything to do
蒙大拿州的湖的形成过程…
with the east-west migratory pattern of Canadian Geese.
和加拿大鹅群横穿大陆的迁徙路径有什么关系
Sir,
先生?
I'm not sure if you read the introduction ...But I
我不确定 你有没有读过序言,但是…
You think you're the smarter than everyone else, don't you?
你觉得你比其他所有人都要聪明,是不是?
As for the diagram, its very pretty
就图表来说,很漂亮
but scientifically erroneous.
但在科学角度上是错误的
Really, Sir?
真的吗,先生?
Bacause I sent it to the Discover Magazine
因为我把报告发给《发现》杂志社了
and ... they like it, and they publish it.
而且…他们喜欢这份报告并已经出版了?
Do not play games with me, T.S.
不要敷衍我,T.S.
You're out of your league.
你和周围的人不是一个世界的
And what about the magnetic wheel?
那磁轮呢?
Didn't mention anything about that.
你完全没提起过磁轮的事
I dont give a a rat's ass about the magnetic wheel
我才不管什么磁轮呢!
Mr. Stenpock, how can a man like you,
斯坦帕先生,作为老师的你应该
supposed to open our minds through scientific curiosity,
在科学求知的面前保持开放态度
How can you be so aggresively narrow minded?
怎么你能那么顽冥不化?
Every scientists were like you
如果科学家都像你这个样
The will be no penicillin,
世界上就不会有青霉素
no relativity,
没有相对论
or sewer trains,
没有污水渠
Know what it would be, no chocolates or cookies!
世界上甚至连巧克力饼干都不会有!
Superiority complex, this is what you have. T.S.
自我感觉良好,说的就是你,T.S.
Your talents in scientific observations would be put to better use
你在科学观察方面的天赋本可以用在更好的地方…
in picking your socks in the morning.
用在早上选双合适的袜子上
Lend me a hand for a second?
能花点时间帮我个忙吗?
What's your need?
帮你做什么?
Settle out the creak. Its drying among its pockets.
谢弗洛河马上就要干涸了,妈妈的钱包也要空了
We'll get her spit up all she has got before sunset.
我们要赶在天黑前让她吐出所有的水来
Com'on.
快来
To know that my father had to resort to ask me help from me,
知道我爸爸要诉诸于向我求助
his only remaining son
他仅剩的儿子
The one who is used to saw in the ranch
牧场上没用的那个家伙
filled me with sadness.
让我伤心极了
Layton should have been here, not me.
坐在车上的应该是雷顿,不是我
One day, he shot a coyote with his Winchester from 200 yards.
一天,雷顿用温彻斯特步枪 在200码开外打中了一头丛林狼
Father was so impressed.
爸爸是如此印象深刻
He took off his hat and slapped it on my brother's head.
他脱掉他的帽子拍在我弟弟的头上
It was a special moment.
那是一个特殊的时刻
I knew it would never happen to me.
我知道永远不会发生在我身上
She is still runnin a bit last week.
她上个礼拜还没干
There's no back for got some juice.
积雪的缘故,她又有了汁液
Like the... the crickets teasing me.
就像…小河在惩罚我一样
Couple of months earlier,
几个月前
I had built a scale model depicting the hydrology of our valley.
我做了一个比例模型来描述我们山谷的水文情况
You could see the various water tables, drainage trenchs, soil compositions
你可以看到上面有地下水面、排水沟、土壤成分…
and sweepage capacity.
还有下渗容量
Dad.
爸爸
Dad! You wanna give it a look?
你要看一看吗?
See... If you dig from here to there,
你看,如果你从这里挖到这里…
the water will be channeled to there.
水会被引到那里…
thereby increasing the flow of water,
从而增大流量
those thereby stagnating and evaporating.
因此那些在不断蒸发、停滞不前的水
'Cause the laws of fluid mechanics,
因为流体力学的法则…
make it unstoppable.
水不会停在那里
You asked me I was just pissing the can.
你这说得好像这在牧场里是小事一桩
Open your eyes, you'll see that.
睁开眼睛你就有了
That ignorant goats.
是些蠢羊
Don't worry, I've got it.
别担心,我去解开它
Right.
你说得对,不然那家伙八成会被绊死
So this used to be coyote chow.
狗娘养的拿自己喂狼
It's okay, Stinky, Don't worry.
没事的,臭臭,别担心
I am not gonna hurt you. Don't worry.
我不会伤害你的,别担心
Maybe dying on a ranch from a snakebite,
可能在牧场上被蛇咬死…
is more befitting than a self inflicted
比被自己触发的子弹打死更好些…
gunshot going to the head
打在头上…
by an old rifle in a cold barn.
寒冷的谷仓里的旧步枪的子弹
Fixing on kissing that poison rope?
你以为我会吻那毒绳子一口么?
We still got our bussiness day,isn't it?
我们还有活干,一天就要过去了
That was the first time my father ever patted me on the back,
那是我爸爸第一次拍我的后背
but I couldn't tell who was to brush me off, to reprimand me
但是我说不清那一拍是不是责备我并让我走开
or a substitute for a hug.
还是拥抱的一种替代品
I would go to Washington DC tomorrow.
我明天就要去华盛顿特区了
I was a researcher, scientist,
我是一个学者,一个科学家
and they needed me there.
而且他们需要我
If I stayed here,
如果我呆在这里
I end up turning around in circles,
最后我会原地打转转
like these bats.
像这些蝙蝠一样
I only do the echo of myself.
我只能听到我自己的回音
hurry, Gracie, come on.
快,格雷西,快点收
What's for dinner tonight?
今晚吃什么?
Puree Corn.
呃… 玉米泥
Hey T.S, can you take up my dish washing duties tonight?
T.S.,今晚你能替我洗碗吗?
I will make it upto you, I swear... Its...
我会给你补回来的,我发誓,主要是…
Tonight, its Miss USA pagent, and I really don't wanna miss the opening.
今晚是美国小姐选美大赛然后我真不想错过开幕式
You already owe me 4.
你已经欠我四次了
Miss USA!
美国小姐?
And these women are picked for thier talents on what exactly?
这些女人们凭借她们的什么才能参赛的,具体来说…
Painting?
画画?
Yoga?
瑜伽?
Karate, perhaps?
空手道,也许是吧?
No mom.
不,妈
Miss America is only the "talent" portion.
你说的那个美洲小姐是考虑才能成分在里面的
Miss USA is the beauty contest.
我说的这个美国小姐是选美大赛
It's way better.
我说的那个可棒多了
I still think its a mistake not to take into consideration
我还是觉得不应该不考虑…
these girls intellectual attitudes.
这些女孩子的智力资质
Mom, it's a beauty contest.
妈,这是选美大赛
It's Miss USA.
美国小姐
Otherwise, it would be called Miss High I.Q.
要不然就叫高智商小姐了
Which no one would watch,
一个没人看的节目
because it would be boring,
因为我们会感觉无聊
like my life!
就像我的生活一样!
I'm sorry Gracie, but ...
我很抱歉,格雷西,但是…
you know what it,.. if you were to enter this kind of contest
你知道吗,如果你要参加这种大赛
It would be a mistake not to
不应该不考虑…
showcase your talents as an actress... and as a singer
不展现你作为演员…和歌手的才能
you have a pretty voice ... and you play the hobo.
你的声音很美…而且你会演奏双簧管
I have to go to Kalispell tomorrow
我明天要去卡利斯佩尔
to collect specimens
去收集样本
It'll be a few days.
我要离开一些日子
I prepared all of your meals, so, all you have to do is reheat them.
我给你们准备好了一日三餐,你们只要热一下就可以吃了
Good deal.
T.S. T.S.
I've been thinking about what you told me the other day.
我一直在想你那天和我说的话
about what I used to do
关于我过去常常做的一些事情
that I stopped doing.
那些我不放弃的事情
And I was wondering ...
然后我在想…
will you come with me to Kalispell?
你想和我一起去卡利斯佩尔吗?
I would be great to have your help.
有你帮忙会好极了
Mom, it's entertainment.
妈,是娱乐
Entertainment!
娱——乐!
You thought about what I asked you?
你考虑清楚我问你的事没?
Sorry, I cant come with you to Kalispell tomorrow.
对不起,我明天不能和你去卡利斯佩尔
I have to finish a project for Mr. Stenpock.
我要完成斯坦帕先生给我布置的一个项目
OK.
好的
Next time, I'll try and give you a notice.
下次 我会多给你些安排的余地
You reached the Office of Ms. Jibsen, please leave a message.
你已经拨通了吉布森小姐的办公室电话,请留言
By Jack Campbell speaking
我是杰克·坎贝尔
The President of the University of Montana.
蒙大拿大学校长
I have some good news.
我有些好消息
Mr.T.S. Spivet has managed to rearrange his schedule.
T.S.斯比维特先生已经重新安排了他的日程表
So, He will be leaving...first thing tomorrow. He will not be reachable,
他明天一早就出发,到时候他无法接电话
but will make just in time to accept the baird award
但是他会按时到会以领取贝尔德奖
and make his speech or not.
并作他自己的获奖感言
Good night. I mean good morning...
晚安,我是说,早上好…
Hey...I do not if you're aware anything, but ...
我不知道你有没有意识到什么,但是…
you are talking to a garbage can.
你在和垃圾桶讲话
The four steps of packing
打包的四个步骤
I was terrified at the thought of having to pack my suitcase.
我一想到要打包行李就感到害怕
Even packing for school everyday,
甚至连每天上学的时候
took me at the very least 23 min.
打包都要花掉我至少23分钟
Maybe 22 min.
可能是22分钟
1 - Play and replay the scenario of the trip in my head.
1 - 在脑海中演练并重新演练整个旅程的情节梗概
2 - To arrange all necessary items
2 - 按重要性次序大小…
in order of importance.
整理所有必要的物品
Eight pair of underwear.
8条内裤
Two sextants.
两个航海六分仪
Three burgundy sweaters.
三件紫红色毛衣
One thermometer, One hygrometer, One barometer.
一个温度计,一个湿度计,一个气压表
Only one telescope.
只有一副望远镜
One frontal headlamp officially known as Tom.
一个最初叫做汤姆的前头灯
Five blank red notebooks
5本空白的红色笔记本
And five blank purple notebooks
5本空白的紫色笔记本
One tape measure,
一副卷尺
and my set of Gillette pens
还有我的一套吉莉安笔具
Twelve handkerchiefs.
12条手帕
A box of raisins.
一盒葡萄干
Twelve carrot sticks.
12根萝卜棒
Eleven.
11根
A self-defense handbook.
一本防身手册
My sparrow skeleton.
我的麻雀护身符
binoculars.
望远镜
My Leatherman.
我的莱瑟曼多功能刀具
3 - Avoid thinking about a scenario for which I will need a seismoscope
3 - 不要去想万一我需要简易地震计的情况
for a woodpecker who would be pecking beak at the tree.
那样会老听到啄木鸟叮树的声音
4 - Pack everything
4 - 打包所有的东西
and finally add my teddy bear Big Jojo.
最后把我的泰迪熊大约约带上
At 4 o'clock in the morning,
在早上四点钟的时候
my suitcase was finally ready.
我的箱子终于可以上路了
Goodbye, Layton.
再见,雷顿
I'll be away for a while to Washington D.C.
我要离开一段时间去华盛顿特区
I'll bring you back a souvenir.
我会给你带纪念品的
I'm sorry for what I did.
我很后悔我之前做的事
Dear Spivet Family , I'm gone for a while to do some work.
亲爱的斯比维特一家,我要离开一段时间去做一些事情
Dont worry, I'll be fine.
别担心,我没事的
I do not want to bother you by telling you about it ahead of time.
我不想提前告诉你们这件事怕打扰你们
Thank you for taking care of me. You're one of the best families in the world.
谢谢你们照顾我,你们是世界上最棒的家人
Love, T.S.
爱你的,T.S.
Diary
日记
Hello, Tapioca.
你好,木薯卡
Hello.
你好
I'll miss you.
我会想你的
Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
To the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.
去史密森学院,在华盛顿特区
It seems like everyone ends up
似乎家里每个人最后都…
leaving in this house.
要离开这里
I'll be back.
我会回来的
Why had he not stopped?
为什么他没停下来?
Because I was responsible for his favorite son's death
因为我对他最爱的儿子之死负有责任…
and I must be banished from the ranch.
而我注定要被从牧场流放
Thats why.
这就是解释
平均步长:1.5英尺
每分钟跨132步
速度:每分钟198英尺
到铁轨的距离:2640英尺
火车预计到达时刻:5.44
Hey, you!
嘿,你!
Come back!
给我回来!
Hold on, kid!
别跑,小子!
Down!
下来!
From the top down!
从上面下来!
- Ah! - Oh, my God!
- 啊! - 噢,偶滴神!
The crossing
横穿大陆
Sun Chemical composition:
太阳,化学成分:
hydrogen, helium, oxygen, iron
氢,氦,氧,铁…
neon, nitrogen, silicon, magnesium
氖,氮,硅,镁…
and sulfur.
和硫
"How beautiful the sun
“太阳多么美啊…
"when newly risen,
快要绽放的刹那间
"And explodes in the morning greetings
惊现的光芒送来了问候!
"Happy as the man who can lovingly salute its rising
一个人能深情地向日出敬礼…
"more glorious than a dream!"
那快乐比梦更为耀眼!“
What?
什么?
So,
那么
You're officially a hobo now?
你现在真的成了流浪汉了吗?
Well, incase you haven't noticed,
好吧,怕是你没注意到…
I'm heading a freight train right, on my way to Washington D.C.
我在蹭货运火车去华盛顿特区的路上
And..What's an adventurer never leave aside?
然后一躺冒险必不可少的东西是?
His knife, his magnifying glass,
他的刀,他的放大镜
his maps, his whip
他的地图,他的绳子
and his hat.
还有他的帽子
But, You have forgotten the whip.
打赌你忘记带鞭子了
- I'm glad you're here. - Me too. I'm glad you're here.
- 很高兴你来了 - 我也很高兴有你在
No! Not my Japanese weevils !
不!为什么就啃我的日本米虫!
These larvae.. stay survived.. shipment across the Pacific ocean,
这些幼虫,他们横跨太平洋都活下来了
70 000 miles, to end up in the stomach of a goat?
7000英里,而最后却被吃到羊肚子里去了?
It's just the ignorant Montana goats. They dont know any better.
他们只是些没脑子的蒙大拿山羊,它们心里可没大没小
Oh..well..If you can't manage your karate goats, maybe you should consider another line of work!
你要是再替山羊喊冤,可能你该考虑换个新的老婆了!
If that's what you think, you know, set the plate at the table for me.
你要是那样想,你还给我准备餐具
If that's what you think, you know, set my plate at the table.
你要是那样想,你还给我准备餐具!
怀俄明州 - 卡斯帕市
Security, track number 8.
安检,检查8号
Security, track number 8.
安检,开始检查8号
A melancholy feeling came over me, I cannot get rid of.
一种抑郁感笼罩着我,挥之不去
The motorhome was pointed backwards,
房车面朝火车后面
So, I had that depressing feeling that I was traveling in reverse.
所以让我有种反向行驶的压抑感觉
内布拉斯加州 - 北普拉特河
Hello, kid.
你好,小子
Hey... Kid!
嘿?小伙子!
Come over.
过来
Com'on, Come over.
来,来这边
Com'on, Get closer.
快,靠近点
Hold It.
拿着
Hold It.
拿着
This is your first time?
你是第一次这样?
Yes.
"Two Clouds".
“两朵云”
"Two Clouds", that's my name.
“两朵云”,是我的名字
I am T.S.
我是T.S.
T for Tecumseh S for Sparrow
T是特库姆塞,S是司柏柔(英语单词 - 麻雀)
Sparrow, as in the bird?
司柏柔,和麻雀是一个词?
Yes.
At the moment on my birth, a sparrow crashed through the window
我出生的时候,一只麻雀撞到了窗户玻璃上死了…
and died right down kitchen floor.
掉到了厨房地板上
Follow me.
跟我来
Step on it.
踩上去
Com'on!
踩啊!
You know why the right sole is more worn out than the left one?
你知道为什么右边鞋底比左边磨损得更厉害?
Because one of your legs is shorter than the other?
因为你的一条腿比另一条短些?
Nope. Because these shoes belong to Johnny Cash
不,因为这是约翰尼·卡什的鞋子
He always kept the beat.
而他总是保持着音乐节拍
You think the dead sparrow in your kitchen right when you were born
你觉得在你出生的那一刻死在厨房里的麻雀…
is a more credible story?
这个故事更让人难以置信吗?
That's what mom told me.
那是我妈妈告诉我的
Your mother gave birth in the kitchen?
你妈妈在厨房生下你的,嘿?
You see?
你看到了?
What?
什么?
The Sparrow.
那只麻雀
Once Upon a time
从前
there was a sparrow that was very ill
有一只病重的麻雀
didn't have the strength to go south.
他没有足够的力气往南飞了
Go without me, he told his children.
别管我了走吧,他告诉他的孩子们
I'll find shelter from the cold
我会找到躲避严寒的庇护所的
and I'll see you in spring.
来年春天再会
So, did he survive?
那,他活下来了吗?
The bird went to an oak tree
那鸟儿找到一棵橡树
and asked if he could take shelter in his leaves.
问橡树他能不能在叶子里避寒
But the oak was, the cold and arrogant tree,.. he refused.
但那是一棵冰冷而傲慢的橡树,没同意
The peach,.. the aspen,
杂子树,白杨树
the willow, the elm,
柳树,榆树
they all said no, can you believe this?
他们都说不,你信不信?
I guess.
我猜是吧
Don't answer the question... It's part of the story...
别回答,这是故事的一部分
Sorry!..
抱歉
Then the first snows came.
后来,第一场雪来了
The sparrow took a last chance with the pine tree, who said:
麻雀到松树那儿最后试试运气, 松树说:
I can't offer you much protection,
我给不了你多少保护
I only have needles that let in draft
我只有漏风的针叶
But my answer is ...
但我的回答是…
Yes.
可以
Overjoyed, the sparrow took refuge there
多高兴啊,麻雀在那避寒…
and you know what?
而你说后来怎样?
He survived the winter.
他活过了冬天
The children returned and wept tears of joy.
他的孩子们回来了,擦了擦高兴之余的泪水
Upon seeing this, the Creator decided to punish all the other trees for their selfishness.
看到这个,造物主决定惩罚那些自私的树木
From that day on,
从那天起
every tree lost it's leaves in winter,
所有的树木都在冬天掉光叶子
except the pine, who saved the sparrow.
除了松树,因为它救了麻雀
My grandmother told me this story.
是我奶奶告诉我这个故事的
Had you ever heard it before?
你之前有听过吗?
You can answer now.
现在你可以回答我了
Story is finished!
故事结束了!
The story is very pretty.
这个故事很美
But, the insulating properties of pine needles
但是松叶的隔热性能…
could not release the heat to create a warm enough cocoon
真的不足以创造一个足够温暖的小窝…
for a bird the size of a sparrow.
对麻雀这么大的鸟儿来说
Your grandmother lied to you.
你奶奶骗你的
So where were you headed, T.S.?
那么你要到哪里去,T.S.?
To buy me a hot dog.
你能给我买一个热狗吗?
The old sea dog!
老水手!
Captain's Choice!.. Huh!..
船长的最爱,哈!
Quickly, it close in fifteen minutes.
快去,他们15分钟后就关门了
Bye, Sparrow!..
再会,司柏柔!
See you, Bye!
再见,拜!
I'm sure you will find your tree.
我相信你能找到你的栖木
You too!
你也要哦!
Dr. Clair ...
克莱尔博士…
this time, you can't stop me.
这次,你管不了我了
And what is the reason behind this embargo?
还有到底为什么禁止我吃它?
T.S., Do you know where this smell of those marvellous sausages comes from?
T.S.,你知道这种超凡的香肠的香味哪来的吗?
It's from a smell factory, on the New Jersey Turnpike.
是一个小作坊生产的,在新泽西州收费公路上
It was carefully designed and artificially synthesized
这玩样是有意设计和人工合成出来的…
to maximize their desirability.
让人们的食欲膨胀
Do you like it one?
你想来一根吗?
A drink with that?
你想要配一杯饮料吗?
Sure, Is that included?
好啊,要另付钱吗?
Yeah, sure.
当然不用
I'm gonna give you straw.
我会给你一根吸管…
and one of my best hot dogs, I hope you like it.
再给你挑个最好的热狗,你肯定会喜欢的
Hi Marj.
嗨,玛吉
I want you to look at this.
看看这个
Some kid out of Montana
有个蒙大拿的小鬼
ran away or got himself kidnapped or something.
离家出走了…或许被绑架了…谁知道呢
Can I know where to put that?
能把这张贴你这儿么?
- Hmm.. just put up on the board. - Thanks
- 贴告示板上吧 - 谢了
I know someone who ain't gonna be happy with you...
我晓得有人该不高兴了
your mom!.
你妈妈!
Just kiddin', young man.
开个玩笑,小伙子
But if you eat a hot dog before your dinner, you ain't gonna hungry for the soup she made ya.
我是说要是你现在把热狗吃了,一会就该不想吃饭了
I don't hav a mother around. My parents are dead.
我没有妈妈,我父母都死了
You take care little guy.
你可得当心,小家伙
You see what happens
你也晓得…
to kids that go astray?
走错路的小孩会怎么样
Hey?
喂?
Hey, T.S.?
喂,T.S.?
My son!
是儿子!
You have been kidnapped?
你没被绑架?
Oh! Thank God! What a relief.
噢,谢天谢地!松了口气
Baby, baby, you know, you're right,
宝贝,你说得对
I've been wasting my time certain cicindele...
我不该浪费时间研究虎甲虫
Son, we still got a situation with the creek.
仔,我们的小河还是有问题
You're spot on with that covert.
你那个引水管道真妙
What you say come right back, and, and we work on your plans together.
你现在回来我们一起干吧,你觉得呢
T.S., you have to come home 'cause you said you'll make my Halloween costume.
T.S.,你快回来,你答应帮我做万圣节戏服的
Com'on baby!.
快回来,宝贝!
May be somewhere in one of these houses
也许,在这些房子的其中一座里面
a boy just woke up from the sound of my train.
一个小男孩正被火车的声音惊醒
Maybe he is wondering
也许他会想
what it would be like to climb aboard and cross the desert.
搭上火车,穿越沙漠会是怎样的景象
God' I just want to switch places with him
我有点想跟他换换角色
and just watch the train go awaying to the unknown.
看车火车驶向远方
I had to admit it.
我无法否认
I was not a careless drifter,
我不是一个无忧无虑的漂泊者
just a tiny old boy, who ran away from home.
只是个逃家的10岁小孩
Any more or less, Can I assume be peeing on my sofa,
再想下去,我就该尿裤子了
like when I was little
就像我小时候
and afraid of a Jack O'Lantern's deadly fangs.
就像因为害怕南瓜灯恐怖的大牙一样尿床
Layton Age 6.
雷顿 6岁
T.S. Age 6.
T.S. 6岁
Patterns of cross talk and directional eyelines by T.S. Spivet.
交联对话与视线方向模式图——作者:T.S.斯比维特
Frequency of father's eye contact to T.S. : Nil
父亲与T.S.的目光接触频率:零
Why?
为什么?
Is it the T.S. is more like me?
是因为T.S.更像我?
He doesn't like what I am.
老公不喜欢我这个样子
He doesn't love me.
他不爱我
He doesn't love me...
他不爱我……
Of course he loves you!
他当然爱你!
You love each other!
你也爱他!
If we make a baby, it means we love each other, right?
如果两个人有了孩子, 那就说明他们相爱,不是么?
And they had three babies. Ain't that right?
他们生了3个孩子,不是么?
I still catch myself haunting to wake him up for school.
我仍然忍不住每天早晨叫雷顿起来上学
Sorry!.. Sorry.
抱歉!
Stopped everything?
放弃一切?
What do you mean in a maternal sense or a scientific one?
你是指什么…是指作为母亲的责任还是其他的科学研究?
T.S. came to see me in my study,
T.S.来书房找我了
for the first time since the accident.
那还是意外发生后头一次
I'm not really there for T.S. anymore...
我没有以前那么关心T.S.了
I'm like an empty house.
我就像一座空空的房子
Nature had vanished.
大自然消失了
Every millimeter of landscape
视野中的每一寸土地
was replaced by manmade constructions
都被人造建筑物替代
ruled by the laws of geometry.
它们都服从几何原理
How could humans create so many right angles
人类创造出了这么多直角
when their behavior is so convoluted and illogical?
但他们的行为却又复杂又荒谬
芝加哥货运列车站
See you, old sea dog.
再见了,老水手
I'm sure you'll find your pine tree.
你一定能找到你的栖木
Playing hookey from kindergarten?
你翘幼儿园了?
Hey! Hey!
喂喂!
I'm talking to you.
跟你说话呢
No, sir.
没翘,警察叔叔
What you got in the bag?
你包里装的什么?
Spray paint? You vandalized in snitch, you paint that silo?
喷漆么?你在损坏公共财产么,小不点? 那些涂鸦是你干的?
I love Chicago.
我爱芝加哥
What?
什么?
(俄语)
Are you shitting me, snitch? Where you from?
你玩我呢,小不点?你哪来的?
Chernobyl.
乌克兰切尔诺贝利
Oh, Yeah!.. Well,
是么?
You little shit!
你个小混蛋!
Welcome to the great state of Illinois.
欢迎你来到了不起的伊利诺斯州
And I'm sure you're gonna get to know what really well after I book you
等我逮捕了你,你肯定会更加了解这里
for tresspassing, destruction of railroad priority.
你非法侵入、破坏铁路产权
Railroad Property.
铁路财产
What?
什么?
Property, You said priority.
是财产,你说成了产权
Get in the car!
给我上车!
Hey!
嘿!
Gotch'ya!
抓住你了!
Look, it's moving!
瞧哟,在动呢!
Ok, Snitch,.. End of the line.
好嘛,小不点,终点线到了
Thanks for the exercise, but ...
跑步锻炼完了
lets go.
该跟我走了
What? What you gonna do? You gonna Jump?
你想干嘛?还想跳下去?
Com'on. Don't make me walk over there.
好了,别叫我过去抓你
Do not! Hey there!
别!嘿!
Hang on, kiddie! Allright!
抓紧,小鬼!摔到了没?
Hang on!
抓紧!
Oh, my God!
噢,额滴神!
Hang on! Gosh!
抓紧啊!天哪!
Don't look down... Don't look down.
别往下看
Get your foot up. com'on.
把脚抬起来
Come on, You can do it, come on!
加油,就快了,加油!
Get your foot up. You can do it. You can do all up that,..God!..
把脚抬起来,你行的!
God!..Oh! oh!..
好样的!
Oh! you little shit.
噢,你个小混蛋
You're very good!
你真行!
Hey!..You think you got away?..huh!
喂,你觉得跑得掉了么?
Well done! Hey, over here!
真行!嘿,看这里!
You think you got away with this.. huh?
你觉得跑得掉么?
Is that what you thinking? huh..
真跑得掉?
No way, kid!
没门,小子!
listen to.., Snitch, look at me!
喂,小不点,看着我!
Look at me, Snitch!
看这里,小不点!
Look me in the eye..What's the matter? You don't wanna look in the eye?
看着我,怎么了? 你看都不敢看我?
Right here!
我会逮住你的!
I'm gonna find you!
我会逮住你的!
How're doin', man? You don't look so hot.
还好吗,伙计?你看起来不太好
I'm ok.
我没事
I just fell down and hurt myself.
我摔了一跤伤着了
Where you're heading for, like this, man?
你这个样子要上哪儿去,伙计?
To the Smithsonian.
要去史密森学院
Where?
去哪?
D.C. is in Washington, man.
去华府,伙计
My name is Ricky.
我叫里奇
T.S.
我叫T.S.
Put your seatbelt on, T.S.
把安全带系上, T.S.
Show me.
我看看
That's a real deal!
伤的不轻啊
Hurt when you breathe?
吸气会痛么?
You got maybe one, two broken ribs. You seriously need to see a medic.
你也许断了一两根肋骨,你真得看看医生了
No, I'll be okay.
不用,我没事
Tough little bugger, ain't you.
还挺倔?
Always take two pictures of hitchhikers.
我喜欢给搭便车的拍两张照片
One when I pick'em up,
上车时一张
one when I drop'em off.
下车时一张
Even in the service,
服役的时候
I was taking pictures.
我也会拍照片
That guy,
那个人
was a hitchhiker too?
他也是个搭便车的?
Well... Not exactly.
不,不是的
What do you think?
你觉得呢?
Join the army, see the world, arresting people ...
参军,看世界,交朋友
and kill'em.
再把他们干掉
The East.
东部
Where are we?
我们到哪了?
Not far from where you are headed.
离你的目的地不远了
史密森学院
Not sure what you are looking for, but don't change a thing.
我不晓得你在找什么,但不要忘了一件事
Steady in your boots.
路在脚下
Good luck, man.
祝你好运,伙计
I'm not sure what you are looking for either, but you will sure find your pine tree, man.
我也不晓得你要去哪里 但你一定会找到你的栖木,伙计
Young man?.. Are you alright? Are you injured?
小朋友,你还好吗?你受伤了?
Cathy, I need information.
凯西,我需要找人
You look like you need medical assistance.
看上去你需要的是医生
I would like to speak with Mrs. G. H. Jibsen, please.
我想见G.H.吉布森女士
I'm here to give a speech tomorrow night.
我明天安排了演讲
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
T.S.Spivet.
T.S.斯比维特
Just a moment.
稍等
You're T.S. Spivet,
你就是…T.S.斯比维特
or your father is T.S. Spivet?
还是你父亲是T.S.斯比维特?
I am T.S. Spivet.
我是T.S.斯比维特
He claims to be, he actually is T.S. Spivet.
他说他的确是T.S.斯比维特
He is 9 or 10 years older
他9岁…10岁…
and very, very, very ...
非常,非常,非常…
small.
Alright, that would be wonderful, thank you.
好的,太好了,谢谢
Miss Jibsen is on her way down.
吉布森小姐马上就下来
You can have a seat over there.
你去那儿坐坐吧
Thank you.
谢谢
You're here?
你来了
Never too far away you know.
我从来没走远,你懂的
Yeah, I know.
是啊,我懂
See!... Made it to the Smithsonian.
瞧,顺利到达史密森了
The worst is yet to come.
最糟糕的还没来呢
Can help you, young man?
你找我,小朋友?
Ms. Jibsen?
吉布森小姐?
Hello.
你好
I am T.S. Spivet. I made it here.
我叫T.S.斯比维特,我成功抵达了
You're the one I talked to in the phone, last friday?
就是你上周五跟我讲的电话?
Yes.
是的
So, where is your father?
那你父亲呢?
In fact, he is dead.
实际上,他已经去世了
I lied to you then.
我骗了你
So, who sent me the prototype of the magnet wheel?
那是谁给我寄的磁力轮设计原型?
I did.
是我
What, you expect me to belive that you invented it?
你想让我相信是你发明的磁力轮?
Not really.
也不全是
I don't invent anything.
我什么也没发明
I just transposed the principle of
我只是把电子
an electron gravitating around the nucleus.
绕核子引力旋转的原理进行了变换
But as you know, to simulate its perpetual motion
但你知道,要想实现同样的永动过程
would require the creation
就需要创造
of a negative entropy,
负值熵
which is simply not possible.
这却是办不到的
You must agree.. right?
你也同意这一点,对么?
This can't..
这不…
This can't be.. How old are you?
这不可能!你多大了?
10.
10岁
We're not gonna be ought to turn him into great communicator,
我们也许没法把他变成个表演家
but with the right clothes and some solid talking points, no problem.
但只要包装一下,找找话题,还是没问题的
Oh, yes.. In his eyes, I am the Scientific Authority of
是的,他认为我就是个科学权威
everything he admires.
那种让他敬仰的人
Okay, I'll talk to you later.
好的, 晚点再谈
So, You need to keep him?
要住院么?
Nope.
不用
But with multiple fractures, he needs to rest.
但多发性骨折后,得多休息
Any abrupt movement
避免剧烈运动
and not cough or laugh.
也不能咳嗽,或者大笑
Good luck.
祝你好运
How do you feel?
感觉如何?
Like that mule done kick me good.
像被头蠢驴一脚踹翻了
Its my dad's expression.
要是我父亲就会这么说
You have seen as miss your parents very much.
你肯定很还念你的父母
I'm so sorry!
抱歉
So, I talked to some colleagues at the Smithsonian.
我和史密森的同事聊了聊
And, everybody is ecstatic that you've
大家对你得奖的事
chosen for this award.
都兴奋极了
You have to give me their names. I'll thank them in my speech.
你得把他们的名字告诉我,我演讲的时候要谢谢他们
On that topic..
关于演讲的事
I think we can quote something up for you.
我觉得可以让我们帮你写稿子
I prefer to write my own speech. Thank you.
我想自己写,谢谢
OK.
好吧
You certainly don't waste any time about it, do you?
你真的从不浪费时间嘛?
No, this is a purple note book.
不是的,这是紫色笔记本
If i'll be writing my speech, it would be in the red one.
要写演讲稿的话,我会用红色的
Yes, of course. And the purple one is for ...?
噢,当然了,那紫色的是用来写…?
"General Considerations."
“日常观察”
Such as?
比如说?
When did the child become an adult?
一个小孩子是什么时候长大成成人的
And?
还有呢?
When you don't get excited about Christmas,
为什么你会不喜欢圣诞节
When you wear reading glass right a minute but can't see to find them anywhere
为什么你会戴着眼镜却一直找不到眼镜
When you pay income tax and enjoy getting angry discussing,
为什么你一边交税,一边生气的说:
"What the heck are they going to do with all your money?"
“他们拿那么一大笔钱都干什么了”
And when you look down on children whatever is going on in their little heads.
还有低头看一个小孩: “他们的小脑袋瓜里都装了什么”
If 2x goes into 100 and x is an integer, How many of the
如果2到100 x是一个整数,是多少
2x + 2 integers will be divisible by 3n/2
2 x + 2 的整数将被3n/2整除
(2x-1)=(3x+1), what is x?
(2x-1)=(3x+1),x是什么?
how many possible integers less than 5000 are even integers...
有多少可能的整数小于5000 甚至是整数…
out of 15 or 21.
除了15或21。
What you doing?
你在做什么?
I am like a dolphin.
我就像只海豚
Turning one side of a brain off and other one on.
运转半边大脑,关闭另外半边
So, That's what dolpins do?
海豚会这么干?
Yeah, to sleep.
是啊,睡觉时会
You're funny.
你真可笑
Why?
怎么?
You travelled by yourself half across United States
你自个儿穿过了半个美国
to end up like a lab rat?
来这里当小白鼠?
This defies all understanding.
结果真出乎意料
Superior mental activity?
超级大脑活动度?
Superior to an average of an ocean mammal that is.
超过了海洋哺乳类的平均水平
You could train him like a highly intelligent seal.
你可以像训练高智商海豹一样训练他
I'm sorry,
你说什么?
but you don't invent the perpetual movement machine
但你可没法造出永动机
by balancing a ball on your nose!
通过学会用鼻子顶球!
Thank you for evaluating my brain, Jodie.
谢谢你给我的大脑做测试,乔蒂
Will you like some
要来点儿
tuna tartare and grilled asparagus sprinkled with
金枪鱼片还有烤芦笋…
balsamic vinegar reduction?
伴香草醋么?
Sir, Why you hiding your white glove behind your back?
先生,为什么你要把白手套背在身后?
That's just how they told me to stand.
这是这里的规矩
Otherwise, I'll get fired.
不然会被开除的
Well, I like your white gloves. Congratulations.
噢,我很喜欢你的手套,恭喜你
Thanks.
谢谢
I almost forgot this.
差点忘了这个
In case someone mistakes you for a kid whose parents couldn't round up.
不戴它你看起来就像个没请保姆…
A babysitter.
的小孩
Sorry.
抱歉
I want to be the first to congratulate you.
我想第一个来祝贺你
We are so lucky to have a boy like you!...so lucky!
我们真是幸运能碰到一个你这样的小男孩,真幸运!
What was your first invention?
你的第一个发明是什么?
Do you think your parents will be proud of you?
你觉得你父母会以你为骄傲么?
What is your astrological sign?
你是什么星座的?
So, Any other questions?
还有别的问题么?
Did you ever think that you would find another suitable candidate?
您觉得您还能找到别的获奖候选人么?
I remember,
我记得
Sitting in my office,
那时我坐在办公室
before I called him on the ranch,
给身在牧场的他打电话
and I said to myself,
我对自己说
he is only 10,
虽然他才10岁
but let's do this!
但就这么办吧!
They're eating you up, they'll love you.
他们想把你吞了,他们爱死你了
In 1862 a Frenchman named Guillaume Duchenne
1862年,一个名叫吉罗姆·杜胜的法国人
discovered the difference between fake and genuine smiles.
发现了假笑和真心微笑的区别
In a fake smile, it's not just the zygomatic muscles work,
假笑时,不仅颧弓肌肉会收缩
the muscles around the eyes also contract unconsciously.
眼睛周围的肌肉也会不自觉收缩
Tonight it was entirely ocular-zygomaticus.
今晚,笑容都是眼周-颧弓式的
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
please welcome President of the Smithsonian,
有请史密森学院院长
Dr. Leonard Sullivan.
雷纳德·沙利文博士
Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen
谢谢各位,女士们先生们
and thank you to our guest of honor.
谢谢我们贵宾的出席
At a time
曾经一度
when science is being challenged in every turn
科学处处受到排挤
when we are witnessing a return to intellectual obscurity,
我们目睹了智慧陷于沉寂
I can not resist
我不禁
the temptation to quote Albert Einstein.
想要引用阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦的话
He said ...
他说:
"Only two things are infinite:"
“只有两件事是无穷的:
"the universe and human stupidity ..."
宇宙,和人类的愚蠢
and, I'm not sure about the former
对于前者,我不太了解。“
But I know a third example:
但我却知道第三个无穷:
human genius.
人类的天才。
Our guest of honor tonight is a magnificient example of this.
今晚我们的贵宾正是极好的例子
I invite you to show him
我想请大家
all the respect he deserves,
给他他应得的尊敬
despite his young years.
虽然他年纪尚小
Ladies and gentlemen, T.S. Spivet.
女士们先生们,T.S.斯比维特
Hello everybody.
大家好
My name is T.S. Spivet,
我的名字是T.S.斯比维特
I am 10 years old
我10岁
and I am actually in sixth grade.
正在读六年级
Is there anyone in this room,
在座的各位
who doesn't already atleast have a PhD?
有谁还没有博士学位么?
Any one?
有谁吗?
So, I probably won't be teaching you much tonight.
今晚我可能并不能给各位传授些什么知识
But I like to tell you three things.
但我想告诉各位3件事情
First,
第一
thank you ...
谢谢你们
Thank you for not cancelling my award 'cause I was younger than you expected.
谢谢你们没有因为我的年纪而取消给我颁奖
Second , the wheel.
第二,关于电磁轮
As you can see they are powered by magnets.
大家能看到里面有部分零件是磁铁
Yet as you know,
你们也一定知道
they demagnetize within approximately 400 years.
400年后磁铁将会消磁
On a human scale, it sounds like a lot.
对人类时间尺度而言,400年似乎很长
In geological time, it's not even a fraction of a second.
但对地质年代而言,却只不过是沧海一粟
So, we're actually far from having a perpetual motion.
因此我们距离永动机还要走很长的路
Any Questions?
有问题么?
Yes, what is the third point?
嗯,那么第三件事是什么?
Oh yes, the third ...
是啊,第三…
My brother died this year.
今年我弟弟死了
He shot himself in the barn.
他在谷仓里开枪打死了自己
No one talks about it.
从没有人说起这件事
No one ever said "Layton shot himself in the barn."
从没有人说“雷顿在谷仓里开枪打死了自己”
No one.
没人
Layton and Me we were always very different.
雷顿和我一直有很多不同
I have been doing my scientific experiments,
我喜欢做我的实验
and, he would be shooting empty bean cans and coyotes with his Winchester.
他喜欢拿他的温特枪打空罐子,打土狼
So, I came up with this idea to make sound waves match the gunshots.
于是我想了个主意——制作枪声声波图
That way we could play something together.
这样我们就能一起玩了
He would shoot, and I gathered data.
他打枪,我收集数据
And
后来
one of his Winchester has jammed.
他的一只温特枪卡弹了
I held the bottom of the rifle to help out.
我帮忙扶住枪托
I didn't even touched the trigger.
我碰都没碰扳机
There was an explosion.
一声爆炸响
Layton flew across the room.
雷顿飞起来,飞过谷仓
Blood...
血…
dripped off the hay.
从草垛上滴下来
He was there,
他躺在那
but he wasn't my brother anymore.
他再也不是我弟弟了
I was alone.
变成了只有我一个人
I ran to the field to get my father.
我跑到农场去找父亲
His face clenched up when I said Layton had hurt himself badly.
我告诉他雷顿受伤了,很严重,然后他的脸就揪了起来
He ran back, and I stayed there,
他冲过去,我站在原地
not knowing where to go.
不知道要去哪
Then I ran to the house and hid in the bathroom.
然后我跑进房子躲在浴室里
I could hear my father whispering on the phone.
我听到父亲讲电话的声音
And through the window, I saw the ambulance pull without the flashing lights.
后来看到窗外开来的没亮灯的救护车
After a while, Gracie showed up.
过了一会,格雷西来了
She was crying.
她哭了
She sat next to me in the floor
她坐在我身边,抱着我
We stayed a long time like that.
我们待了很久
Lying on the floor without talking.
躺在地上,不说话
I wanted you to know how proud I am to get this award.
我想说非常荣幸我能得奖
I'll do my best to fulfill your trust in me,
我会努力不辜负大家的信任
and to be in the service of science.
继续为科学进步而努力
That's all I had to say. Thank you.
我说完了,谢谢
T.S., Oh...
T.S.,噢…
The amazing thing about water drops,
水滴的特别之处在于
is that they always take the path of least resistance.
它们总能找到阻力最小的道路
For humans,
对人类来说
it's exactly the opposite.
情况刚好完全相反
When Layton died,
雷顿死后
Tapioca started chewing metal buckets till it's gums bled.
木薯卡开始嚼铁桶,嚼得嘴都出了血
Layton and Tapioca had been inseparable.
雷顿和木薯卡曾经形影不离
And then one day,
后来有一天
Gracie took him for a long walk through the meadow.
格雷西带着木薯卡穿过草场,走了很久
They sat for a while facing the mountains.
他们一起坐下,眺望远山
Gracie returned with a new kind of understanding in their eyes.
回来时似乎达成了某种一致
Tapioca stopped chewing metal buckets.
木薯卡不再嚼铁桶了
He went back to snapping at fireflies, just like before.
他又开始捉萤火虫了,像从前一样
As if he had made peace with lossing his master.
他似乎接受了失去小主人的事实
Maybe someday, I'll go back snapping at fireflies too.
也许有一天,我也可以再捉萤火虫
I swear to you.
给你打包票
They loved...They loved the kid! I mean,
他们爱死、爱死那小孩了!
Granted they are just a bunch of scientists,
就算他们是一堆老学究
but if their reaction is anything like the way the general public is gonna respond,
但假设大众的反应跟他们有一点点相似
we've got a gold mine on our hands here!
我们这回都是挖到宝了!
People are so predictable
噢,人就是爱看热闹
it's nuts, really.
真是一群蠢蛋
I should write a handbook on how to move the masses.
我都要成舆论操纵专家了
Hang on!
别挂
Honey! Smile!
亲爱的,笑一下!
No, I think it would be better if you're sketching in your notebook.
你给摆个写写画画的造型可能更好
But, I didn't bring one.
但我没带笔记本
Sally, can we have a notebook here, Quick.
萨利,麻烦拿个笔记本来,快
Hang on a minute, problem with the kid.
再等等,小鬼有点事情
There you go.
But, It's not the right colour. I'd never sketch on a green notebook.
但这本颜色不对,我从不在绿色笔记本上记事
This is just a photograph, nobody cares.
噢宝贝,拍个照而已,没人在乎这些
OK, so, where were we? Oh Yeah.
喂,我们聊到哪了?
Its amazing!
…真令人惊叹…
Wow. Thank you.
好的,谢谢
Now, I don't want to get your hopes up, but ...
虽然我想给你留个惊喜,但忍不住了
Listen to this:
听着:
The White House is sniffing around!
白宫在打听我们!
The White House?
白宫?
The President stated the union addresses next week, and they,
州联盟主席下周会发表演说
and they love having talking points in the audience.
观众需要这样的谈资
I can hear 'em now,
我都可以听见他说了
"Look, the American educational system is working."
“各位,美国的教育系统成功了”
What we really need
我们现在需要的是
are pictures of your parents.
你父母的照片
Especially your brother.
尤其是你弟弟的
Preferably holding a gun, with you in the background, that would be perfect.
最好是他拿着枪,你站他身后,那就再好不过了
Tomorrow, we go to New York , do Letterman
听着,我们要去纽约上“大卫脱口秀”
and possibly 60 minutes of us not affirmed up yet.
也许还会去“60分钟”,但还没定下来
I mean, If they could just cut through the crap and make up their minds.
因为他们太犹豫,又废话连篇
The eyes dont have time to delete, Ally.
我可没时间磨磨蹭蹭
There are people lining up to book us.
我们的预约都排成队了
Attention all units, 6 minutes after the start of live.
各单位注意,6分钟后开始直播
There you go honey!
好了,宝贝
You look like a movie star!
你就像个明星
Ok, Listen up, T.S.
听我说,T.S.
This shows rating is through the roof.
这个节目的收视率高的吓人
But, they're gonna wanna ambush you
他们会问些措手不及的问题
It's just the price you have to pay, got it?
但你得挺住,知道么?
He's gonna talk about Layton, for sure.
他肯定会问雷顿的事
So, you saw the accident ...
你就说意外发生时你在
You saw the accident, you didn't understand what happened,
意外发生时你在,但你不知道发生了什么
you ran for help, that's it. Remember,
你跑去找人,就这样说,记住了
do not express any kind of guilt.
别表现出一点愧疚
you listening?
听到没?
Not until we consult with our lawyers. You understood all that?
我们至少要先咨询一下律师,都听懂了么?
We're live in 5 minutes.
还有5分钟开播,小姐
You're gonna go back to the green room.
你得去后面的绿房间待着
Well.. No, surely, it is normal for a representative of the Smithsonian...
呃,不了,我是史密森学院的代表…
Miss Jibsen, you'll love our green room.
吉布森女士,你肯定会喜欢我们的绿房间的
You can watch the entire show there
那里能看得到整场节目
on a monitor.
有直播屏幕
But he is only 10... I mean, ...
但他才10岁…
T.S., Call me Roy.
T.S.,我叫罗伊
Hello Roy.
你好,罗伊
First time on TV?
头一回上电视?
Lets do it.
来吧
Roy.
罗伊!
We're live in 10 seconds.
10秒后开始直播
On the air in... 10, 9, 8 ...
倒数开始… 10, 9, 8…
7, 6, 5… 7, 6, 5...
4, 3, 2… 4, 3, 2...
1!
倒数1
My guest tonight has dominated this week's headlines.
我们今天这位嘉宾占据了本周所有头条
He is to science what Mozart is to music.
他是科学界的莫扎特
T.S. Spivet, just 10 years old,
T.S. 斯比维特,年仅10岁
and he had sprinted ahead of legions of scientists
就领先其他大批科学家
to win this year's coveted Baird Award.
获得了今年竞争激烈的贝尔德奖
T.S., you're 10 years old,
T.S.,你今年10岁
You're an orphan, you grew upon a remote ranch in Montana,
是个孤儿,在蒙大拿州一个偏僻的牧场长大
your dad wanted you to be
你爸爸想让你成为
a cowboy. Am I right so far?
一个牛仔,我没说错吧?
Hmm..Yes.
没错
Coppertop Ranch, 4.73 miles
铜顶牧场,在分水岭以北
north of the Divide, 14.92 miles ...
4.73英里,14.92英里…
Tell me T.S., How does a 10 year old win the Baird Award?
跟我说说,T.S.,年仅10岁是怎么获得贝尔德奖的?
Did the proverbial apple just fall
就像是那个著名的苹果
on your head
砸到你头上了?
and light bulb, you invent
于是灵光一闪,你就发明了
the perpetual motion machine?
那台永动机?
It actually already existed.
永动机原理其实已经存在
But, we needed to invented
我所做的不过是创造了
was a system to ...
一个系统来…
At an age when most 10 year olds
大部分其他人在10岁时
are climbing trees, what do you do for fun?
都还在爬树,那你喜欢玩什么?
Trigonometry?
三角原理?
I like climbing trees.
我也喜欢爬树.
OK.
好的.
You've been conducting scientific experiments
你从4岁起
since the age of 4.
就开始进行科学实验了
Last year, one of those went
去年有一项实验
tragically wrong and resulted in the death
发生了事故
of your twin brother, Layton.
导致了你双胞胎弟弟雷顿的死亡
I did not understand what happened.
我不知道发生了什么
I ran to get help, that's all.
我跑去找人帮忙,就这样
OK.
好的
And oddly, the time has come to take a look
我想现在是时候看一看
at this extraordinary invention.
这个非凡的发明了
This is the first perpetual motion machine
这部永动机
in the history of mankind.
开创了人类历史的先河
Well, T.S. How does it work...
那么,T.S.
Liza! Do you see him?
莱萨!你看到他了么?
That's is my brother. I can't believe he is on TV!
那是我弟弟,真不敢相信他上电视了!
I mean, This is the same spice that wore Velcro on his shoes untill he's 8 years old
这就是那个到了8岁还穿尼龙搭扣鞋子的小子
because he couldn't tie his own laces.
他那时还不会系鞋带
he is on TV!
他上电视了!
He went that time when he almost electrocuted me with his seismograph.
你还记得那回 他的地震仪差点把我电死么?
Oh thats, its not mention that on TV ...
噢,他可不会在电视上说这个
T.S., how long can the little wheel turn
T.S.,这个轮子像这样不消耗能量…
and produce energy
而产生能量…
without consuming energy?
能转多久?
400 years then you have to recharge the magnets.
400年,那时就必须重新充磁了
400 years!
400年!
so, you saying if this machine were 100 times larger
你的意思是假如它放大100倍
it could power all of the lights in this building for 400 years
它就能给这整栋楼的灯泡提供400年的电力
without spending a dime in electricity?
不用交一个子的电费
Well, you still have to change the light bulbs
呃,但你还是得换灯泡
given the ratio of lighting square footage,
根据单位面积光照率来算
that's still significant cost.
这也是笔不小的开支
I think the time has come to introduce a
我认为现在是时候
very special guest,
介绍一位特殊的嘉宾了
T.S.'s mother, Dr. Clair.
T.S.的母亲,克莱尔博士
Hello T.S.
嗨,T.S.
Hello Mom.
嗨,妈妈
Ah, fuck!
哎,卧槽!
Dr. Clair, you have come here directly from Montana
克莱尔博士,你从蒙大拿赶来了
you are T.S.'s mother, correct?
你是T.S.的母亲,对吗?
Yes. That's right.
是的
Fuck.
他妈的
T.S., why did you say in the media that you
T.S.,为什么你要在镜头前说
were an orphan, is this some spin coming from the Smithsonian?
你是个孤儿,这是史密森学院的设计么?
I don't know.
我不知道
I thought they would send me back home before I could receive the award.
我以为不这么说他们会把我送回家,就不能领奖了
Dr. Clair, You must have been worried sick,
克莱尔博士,你一定急坏了
I mean, he is so small.
他还这么小
Yes, well, when a child disappears,
是啊,当你的孩子失踪的时候
the world stops turning.
你的世界似乎都停止转动了
But, surely you must have been very angry. When you heard..
但你也一定非常生气…
With all the respect
恕我直言
You asked me a question, I would like to finish my answer.
您问了我一个问题,我希望能把要说的说完
When your child disappears
当你的孩子失踪了
well, you'll lose your sanity.
你会失去理性
Some will channel their anger by kicking goats out of barbwire.
有些人把山羊踢出铁丝网,以此发泄
I'm sorry..Goats! We're talking goats?
抱歉,你说山羊?我们讨论起山羊来了
Others will surf the beetles that don't exist.
还有些人会去寻找不存在的甲虫
Those are just feared merely take a train that is never coming back
那些失踪了的人就像搭上了一辆不会回头的火车
so sometimes you just stop by the tracks,
所以,有时候,你只能站在铁路边
and stare at the rails.
盯着铁轨发呆
So you read my journal ...
你偷看了我的日记
I'm sorry.
对不起
I know it's not right.
我错了
What about giving a gun to a child as a gift?
那送一把枪给一个孩子做礼物没错么?
Or letting two kids play
或是让两个孩子
with a gun, in a barn,
在谷仓里玩枪
unsupervised...
却没人看着
You think that's right?
你觉得那样做对么?
That's good question actually!
确实是个好问题
T.S. T.S.
What happened in the barn?
谷仓里到底发生了什么?
T.S.? T.S.?
Wasn't your fault, T.S.
不是你的错,T.S.
It wasn't your fault.
不是你的错
It wasn't.
那不是
It wasn't anyone's fault.
不是任何人的错
It was an accident.
那是一场意外
As your father said,
就像你爸说的
what happened ...
发生了的
just happened...
就发生了
OK, I think,
好了,我想…
T.S. .. Dr Clair
T.S.,克莱尔博士
We should,.. We should have a moment.
我们得停一停
Just...just forget the cameras
暂时忘记摄像机
and the audience,
和观众们
and just.. maybe...
也许,你们现在…
hug?
来个拥抱?
Cry? Touch, maybe?
流点眼泪?摸一摸?
Actually, I wanna ask you about beauty pageants.
说真的,我想问问你选美比赛的事
I know Miss America
我知道美洲小姐
and Miss USA different,
和美国小姐是不同的比赛
But the criteria they use
但他们挑选女性的…
..is shameful.. Why?..
评判标准又肤浅又不害臊
Mom! Mom!
妈,妈!
I guess the crown necessarily be a ravishing beauty...
…有必要非得花枝招展…
..underfed... Mom!
妈妈!
What?
啥?
Oh, Yeah.
噢,好
You will stay here or go?
你想留还是想走?
Go.
好 想走
A river... of emotion ...
汹涌的感情啊…
No, No, come back!
站住,回来!
This is a 20 minute interview, there's 9 minutes left.
这是个20分钟的节目,还剩9分钟
This is reality, this is better than science!
改真人秀了,这可比什么科学有趣多了!
This is cable TV.
您正在收看的是有线电视!
You're a filthy little liar.
你这个肮脏的小骗子
You're a little m***r.
你操了你妈
Wait! wait! Oh!
等等!
Where do you think you are going?
你们这是上哪去?
To Coppertop ranch.
回铜顶牧场
Cut!
切!
You OK?
你没事吧?
Reckon if you're OK, that's all it gots!
你没事才是最重要的
My boy's OK.
我儿子没事
So, I'm mute..
据说啊我是哑巴
and I'm dead?
还嗝屁了
Sorry, Dad.
对不起,爸
How come you didn't stop that morning when you saw me on the road?
那天你看见我在路上怎么没停下来
Rancher's word , I never saw you.
说实话,我那天真没见着你
I need a box of biscuits, a box of mixed biscuits and a biscuit mixer.
我需要一箱饼干,一箱混合饼干 和饼干混频器
Are you talking to me or are you talking to the peanut butter?
你在跟我说话还是跟花生酱说话?
Its a diction exercise, moron.
我在练绕口令,傻瓜
You'd be better out trying some yourself enough here
我们自己得为明年练练嗓子了
or make it on TV again.
到时你又上电视了的话
I've got some more to do in the public speaking department.
对着镜头才能有话可说
How about you just show us how its done the day you're in a movie.
干脆你直接给我们看看你上电视的那一天要怎样表现
Yeah, or in the running for Miss Montana.
是啊,或者上蒙大拿小姐选美的时候
Or a reality show about a normal person
或者是去上一部真人秀,讲的一个普通人
living with a bunch of insane hostile degenerates.
跟一群荒唐、险恶、死板的人一起生活的事
Speaking of which, does anyone know
说起这个,有谁知道
if or when your father is showing up for breakfast?
你们老爸什么时候还会进来吃早餐么?
You guys don't ever made up?
你俩还没和好?
Look, I know goats eat everything, including paper... I get'em, I get'em.
听着,我知道山羊什么都吃, 再清楚不过
But, the fact that one of them
但他们其中有一只羊
climbed through the kitchen window and eat all my notes
跳过厨房的窗口,把我所有的笔记吃了
on the female Ontophagus sagittarius, and how it copulates with its horns
那上面我记了雌马嗡蜣螂如何用角交配
that is inexcusable.
这就不能原谅了
It's okay, it's okay.
我没事,我没事
He's just kicking.
胎动而已
I thought you're going to give birth on the kitchen again?
我觉得你又要在厨房生小孩了
Again? I never gave birth in kitchen.
又要?我从没在厨房生过小孩
Really?
是么?
Then, why is my name Sparrow?
那为什么我的名字叫司柏柔(麻雀)?
No, That was Gracie's idea.
那是格雷西的主意
She found a dead sparrow
她那天在厨房里
here in the kitchen, the day I had you in the hospital.
发现了一只死麻雀,我刚好那天在医院生了你
So she concluded that you were the reincarnation of the sparrow.
所以她觉得你是那只麻雀转世来的
I know when I die, an elephant will be born.
我死后, 会转世成大象
Oh, no!
噢,不要
Statistically speaking,
就统计上来说
there are better chances that next newborn Spivet, will be
下一位新出生的斯比维特有很大可能
the reincarnation ...
会是一个
of a toaster.
面包机的转世
And in mean time,
同时,
I had only one month left to finish my plans
我只有一个月的时间用来完成我的
for a new perpetual motion machine.
新的永动机设计了
Beware mediocrity ...
谨防平庸
mold of mind.
心灵的典范
We're talking about Baird prize!
我们谈论的是贝尔德奖
Armas nunca mais, meninos!
老爸现在确实很享受
Entertainment. Between di-ver-sion!
我的娱乐就是发明
Alas!
A river of emotions.
思绪如河
The story ended
故事讲完了
Do not play this with me, T. S.
别跟我玩这些, T. S.
Take care, kid.
当心点,小子
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
Ladies and Gentlemen: T.S Spivet!
女士们先生们 我叫T.S 斯派维!