I suppose we could just fire him.
我想我们干脆开除他
Of course, we'll have to give him three months' notice.
当然 我们得给他三个月的通知
Stuff and nonsense. Leave it to me.
少胡扯了 这事让我来办
I'll talk to the chairman and insist on Mr Bean's immediate dismissal.
我去跟馆长谈 要他立刻开除豆子先生
Now, then, back to the agenda.
下一个提案
The Grierson Gallery of California
加州的格利森美术馆
has recently received a private donation of $50 million
收到一笔五千万美金的私人捐款
to spend on buying Whistler's portrait of his mother
要用来向巴黎的奥塞美术馆
from the Musee d'Orsay in Paris.
收购维瑟勒画的母亲画像
It is quite simply the most historic purchase made by an American gallery this century.
这是本世纪美国人最具历史价值的一次收购行动
It's as simple as this.
就这么简单
The greatest painting ever by an American artist
美籍画家所绘史上最伟大的作品
is returning at last to America.
终于要回到美国了
From now on, Whistler's Mother lives right here in Los Angeles,
从现在起"维瑟勒之母"将留在洛杉矶
where she belongs.
这幅画本就属于这里
When will we actually see her?
我们何时能见到这幅画
The unveiling will be in about two weeks, and you're all invited.
揭幕仪式约在二周后举行 各位都受到邀请
They've asked us to send a scholar of great weight and substance
他们要我们派一位重量级的学者
to preside over the ceremony and...
来主持仪式
stay on for a couple of months of lectures and seminars.
并且待上几个月 开设课程和研讨会
you both hold high claim on this great honour.
你们两位都有资格获选
The chairman is here, sir.
先生 馆长来了
Excellent, send him in.
太好了 叫他进来
Oh, and run and fetch Mr Bean, will you?
去叫豆子先生过来好吗?
We're about to fire him.
我们要开除他
Yes, Mr Bean is the worst employee in the gallery's history.
对 豆子先生是本美术馆史上最烂的员工
Good afternoon, sir.
先生 你好
Sit down. Sit down.
就坐吧 请坐
Now, before we move on to the major business of the day,
在谈到今天的重要事项前
I should like to broach the question of Mr Bean.
我有个有关豆子先生的问题想请教您
Now, Mr Bean has worked for us for many years.
豆子先生已替我们服务多年
And will for many years to come.
将来也还会继续服务
I employed this splendid young man when I was doing your job, Charles,
查理 我在你这位置时就雇用了这位出色的年轻人
and you can have my resignation if you go anywhere near him.
如果你敢威胁他 我就辞职
He's a fine young fellow.
他是个好青年
Absolutely. Quite right.
没错 完全正确
Very well, moving on.
很好 那继续
The Grierson Gallery of California
加州的格利森美术馆
needs a representative of our great gallery.
需要我们伟大的画廊派一位代表
They're looking for a scholar of a very high standing.
他们要找一位地位崇高的学者
I have therefore decided to recommend for the post,
我因此决定推荐此职
and the threemonth sabbatical that goes with it,
以及附带的三个月假期
that splendid employee,
给这位出色的员工
All those in favour?
同意的举手
Excellent. Carried.
太好了 都同意
Our loss is America's gain.
我们的损失是美国的收获
got a letter from the Royal National Gallery.
我收到皇家美术馆的来信
They're recommending a guy called Bean to represent them.
他们要推荐一个叫豆子的人当代表
I can't say I've heard of him.
没听过这号人物
Well, the letter's signed by Drs Rosenblum and Cutler.
这封信是由 罗森布鲁和卡特勒博士 联名签署的
- Well, that's impressive. - They say,
-真了不起 -他们说
"He's a man whose incontrovertible genius dwarfs our own meagre talents."
"他无庸置疑的天赋 使我们微不足道的才能显得渺小"
Rosen blum and Cutler said that?
罗森布鲁和卡特勒这样说吗
Well, you asked for England's top man.
你要英国的顶尖人物
I do believe I delivered him.
我相信我已经完成任务了
He certainly sounds like it.
他听来绝对像是那号人物
However, before we confirm,
不过在确定之前 我们的波妮丝
Bernice here still feels that we'd get more media attention
仍认为若能从娱乐界找个人来
if we had someone from, let's say, the entertainment industry.
就会博得更多媒体注意
I genuinely believe that we could get Jon Bon Jovi.
我真心相信可以找乔恩·邦·乔飞来
- To unveil Whistler's Mother? - Yes.
-来为"维瑟勒之母"揭幕 -对
I've nothing against Jon Bon Jovi.
我倒不是反对乔恩·邦·乔飞
The man has had two great hairstyles in the last 10 years,
他过去十年内出现两次漂亮发型
which is an achievement not to be sniffed at,
这已是不容小觑的成就了
but so far as I know,
但就我所知
Mr Jovi knows absolutely nothing about 19thcentury Impressionism.
乔飞先生对十九世纪印象派画作 一窍不通
He certainly hasn't mentioned it in any of his recent songs.
他最近的歌曲里也完全没提
- No, but David... - This is not a rock video.
-可是大卫... -这又不是摇滚乐电视节目
This is a great and serious work of art,
这是伟大而严肃的艺术作品
and Dr Bean will give the occasion depth and dignity.
豆子先生会让该场合增加深度和尊严
You're right. We go with Bean. George...
你说的没错 我们就用豆子先生 乔治...
No, no, no, no, David's our curator.
不不不 大卫是我们评议员
This is David's call. It's his decision, his responsibility,
应该由大卫来说 这是他的决定 他的责任
ultimately, his neck.
如果要砍也是砍他的头
And where do you want him to stay?
你要他住哪里?
I have a rather interesting idea.
我有个妙主意
In our house for two months?
在我们家住两个月
David, what, suddenly there's no hotels in Los Angeles?
怎么 洛杉矶突然没旅馆了吗?
Okay, there's no need to get excited here. I just thought, you know,
喂 不要那么紧张 我只是想
this is the Royal National Gallery of England's top man.
他是英国皇家美术馆的顶尖人物
I thought he'd be very exciting to have around,
我想有他相伴一定很有趣
to learn from and talk to and...
可以向他学习 聊天 还有...
So do we know anything about our new best friend?
这位新来的好朋友 我们对他知道多少
No, but I think they might have mentioned it if he was a notorious serial killer.
如果他是恶名昭彰的连环杀手 他们一定会提
Are you feeling lucky, punk?
庞克 你觉得走运吗
David, you know, we have an expression in this country.
大卫 我们国家有句俗谚
- It says, "Over my dead body." - Ali.
-就是"死也不准" -艾莉
I'd like to put it on the table right here and now.
我此时此刻就要这么说
This is a onceinalifetime opportunity, and it could be seriously great for the kids.
这次良机难逢 对孩子们绝对是好事
- You're kidding. - Come on, it's gonna be great!
-开什么玩笑 -拜托 会很愉快的啦
Let's say there is a chart
假设这里有张表
of the most intelligent people you've ever met in your life.
上面是你这辈子遇过最聪明的人
Well, at number one with a bullet is Dr Bean.
那么占首位的无庸置疑是豆子先生
Kevin, you know how sometimes you ask me questions that I can't answer?
凯文 记得你有时候会问我一些无法回答的问题吗
Like, "What is an intrauterine device?"
就像"子宫圈是什么"
Well, I think more like, "What's the meaning of life?"
我比较常思考"生命有何意义"
- I never asked you that. - That's fine. It doesn't matter.
-这我可从没问过 -随便啦
What I am saying here is that Dr Bean is a very remarkable man.
我只是说豆子先生是非常杰出的人
Hey, for all you know, he could be very cute.
更何况他说不定很可爱呢
Oh, come on, the guy is gonna be a creep.
拜托 他绝对会是怪咖
All Englishmen are ugly.
所有英国人都是丑八怪
I just look at Prince Charles and weep.
我光看查理王子就想哭
Okay, so he's gonna look like Meat Loaf's butt.
好 所以他看来像肉块先生的屁股
Yeah, and that's if we get lucky.
对 那样还算我们走运
Jennifer, no one is asking you to marry him.
珍妮佛 又没有人要你嫁给他
You know, I don't know why we have these family conferences
我不知道我们干嘛开家庭会议
if Dad's already made up his mind.
老爸根本就已做了决定
- Perceptive child. - Hey, what's wrong with Meat Loaf's butt?
-善解人意的孩子 -肉块的屁股又怎样
Oh, come on, everybody, it's gonna be great!
好了啦 会很好玩的
Dr Bean is a genius of the very highest order.
豆子先生是最超级的天才
No, sir, you're in fact in first class.
不 先生 您是坐头等舱的
Good evening, sir. May I take your coat?
晚安 先生 我替你拿外套好吗
Good. Simple poster, nice and big.
好 简单的海报 又漂亮又大
It's actual size. A bargain at $9.99.
这是实际尺寸 特价9.99美金
Spencer? Yes, sir.
史宝瑟? 是 先生
Yeah, pushing your luck a little here, Walter.
华特 你有点过了
- It's Whistler's Sister. - Oh, you are kidding.
-是维瑟勒之姐唷 -少开玩笑了
No, sir, we have a range for every member of the family.
不 先生 我们有他们全家每位成员的系列画作
Whistler's Mother's Cookies, chocolate chip,
维瑟勒母亲的饼干 巧克力脆片
Whistler's Father's Beer Mug,
维瑟勒父亲的啤酒杯
and here's a really cute one for the youngerbrother range,
这里还有专给年轻兄弟系列的
- Whistler's Whistle. - Yeah.
-维瑟勒的哨子 -对
You just blow up her ass. Here, try. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I...
只要对她屁股吹气就好 来试试 对 对 我...
Mummy, I don't feel well.
妈咪 我不舒服
I think I'm gonna be sick.
我好像要吐了
- Just here, sir. - Your attention, please.
-先生 在这里 -请注意
Welcome to Los Angeles International Airport.
欢迎来到洛杉矶国际机场
Do not leave baggage or other items unattended.
请注意看紧自己的行李
Any second now. I think we're looking for a Brad Pitt lookalike.
就快了 我想我们要找的人 长得像布莱德彼特
Get on him now! Move it!
快点抓住他!
Police! Come on! Come on, watch it! Watch it! Everybody, out of the way!
警察 大家让开 小心些 快点
In pursuit of a 415. Male with a gun heading into zone 10, terminal 2.
第二航厦的第十区追缉嫌犯中 男子持枪闯入
Get your people over here now!
带人手过来
Get out of the way! Get out of the way!
别挡路
Move it! Move! Move! Move!
快点 快点
Police! Coming through!
警察借过
Come on, lady! Watch it! Move!
小姐让路 小心点 快
There he is! There he is!
他在那里
Move! Move! Move! Police!
快快警察
Everyone on the floor now!
大家趴下
- Not you, sweetie. - Oh, right.
-甜心 你不用趴下 -噢 对喔
Carefully take out your weapon, holding the butt with two fingers only.
小心拿出武器 用两只手指抓住枪托
Slowly place it on the floor and take three steps back.
慢慢放在地上 然后退后三步
What is this? I don't know. Weird.
这是干嘛 不知道 太怪异了
Mr Bean, are you presently on any kind of medication?
豆子先生 你目前有吃药吗
Not that I know of.
据我所知是没有
Well, you can certainly use some.
你不妨吃点
Yes, okay, Dr Bean. Well, you made it.
对 豆子博士 你到美国了
Well, this is Kevin,
这是凯文
and this is Jennifer. She's been very excited about meeting you.
这是珍妮佛 她非常高兴能见到你
David, could I just have the tiniest talk with you in the kitchen?
大卫 我们可否在厨房小谈片刻
All right, yeah. We're just gonna...
好 我们要...
I appreciate that on first viewing he seems a little eccentric.
他第一眼看来有点古怪 我很欣慰
David, there are Martians
大卫 有火星人
who have been exiled from Mars for looking weird
因为长相怪异而被逐出火星
who look less weird than this guy.
这人比他们还不正常
- He has an original quality, but every time... - He goes today.
-他有种朴质的天性 可是每次... -他今天就得走
Wow! That was amazing!
真了不起!
That's really cool. Hey, can you do this?
太酷了 你可以这样吗
No, but I can do this.
不行 但我可以这样
Neat! Wow! How do you do that?
好耶 你是怎么做的?
- Okay, so you're gonna tell him? - I'll do it. Yes.
-你会告诉他吧 -会 我会说
- Today? - Yes, today, today, today.
-今天 -对啦 今天
- Today seems like a good day. - Good.
-就今天了 -那就好
Well, sir, an unorthodox start.
先生 一个不寻常的开始
I guess I never expected things with a man of your calibre to be normal.
我本就不期待在如此杰出的你身上会发生平常的事
I gotta confess. I've never actually read anything you've written.
我得承认 我从没看过你写的任何东西
Tell me, Doctor, what exactly is your position at the gallery?
告诉我 博士 你在美术馆的职位究竟是什么
I sit in the corner
我坐在角落
and look at the paintings.
看着画作
If only more scholars would do that, you know, just sit and look.
要是更多学者也这样就好了 光是坐着看就好
You know, not lecture and write and argue,
而不要授课 写作或争辩
just sit and look at the paintings themselves.
只要坐着看画作本身
Now, that is brilliant. Yeah.
那实在太棒了 对
- Morning, Elmer. - Good morning, sir.
-早啊 艾尔莫 -早安 先生
If you'd like to sign in, sir?
先生 请签到好吗?
Thank you. Welcome to the Grierson, Dr Bean.
谢谢 豆子博士 欢迎来到格利森
Welcome to my world.
欢迎到我的世界
We're expected in Grierson's office at 9:00 a.m.
我们要在早上9点到格利森的办公室
Now, this is a man who does not like to be kept waiting, so if you...
他不喜欢等人 所以如果你...
- Do you mind if I... - Yeah, okay, absolutely. You bet.
-我是否可以... -当然可以 没问题
Doctor, we should make a move. We're very late.
博士 我们该走了 迟到很久了
Oh. We... Doctor, we... lf... When you're ready.
噢 我们... 博士 如果... 等你准备好就走
And this must be our professor from across the sea.
这位一定就是越洋而来的教授了
Yes, George Grierson, this is Dr Bean.
对 乔治格利森 这位是豆子博士
I'm delighted, Doctor.
博士 很高兴见到你
- Actually, I'm not... - Dr Bean?
-其实 我不是... -豆子博士
Dr Bean? Can we get a photo, please, sir?
豆子博士 先生 我们可否拍张照
Right here. We've heard a great deal about you, Doctor.
就在这里 博士 我们听说了好多你的事
Thank you, gentlemen. We expect a great deal of you.
谢谢各位 我们对你期待殊甚
And this is Bernice, in charge of PR. An absolute honour, Doctor.
这是负责公关的波妮丝博士 太荣幸了
All right, thank you. And Walter Huntley, our merchandise manager.
谢谢 华特杭特利是我们的商品主管
Moving along. Take a seat, Doctor.
继续吧 博士 请坐
Thank you. Here, let me take that old thing.
谢谢 让我拿那个旧东西
This is very outofdate. Thank you.
这已经过时很久了 谢谢
Before we settle in, you might want to feast your eyes on these.
在我们开始之前 请先欣赏这些作品
Well, I'll be honest with you, Bean. I like this.
豆子 我不妨直说 我喜欢这个
It's beautiful, sir. I think it is, yeah.
真漂亮 我真这样认为
That's a lovely green there.
这块绿色满漂亮的
Good. Good. Down to business. Okay.
很好 咱们谈正事吧 好
I've asked Bernice to run through the order of events for the opening.
我已请波妮丝简报过 揭幕式的活动顺序
Dr Bean, would you like to join us?
豆子博士 你要过来吗
No. No, I'll just...
不 我还是...
Very well. Bernice?
很好 波妮丝
Now, you will note that anything pertaining to special media requirements
各位会注意到 所有跟特殊媒体要求有关的事项
is prefixed with an asterisk,
前面都标有星号
i.e. Glossy stills requested by some of the favoured weeklies, that sort of thing.
也就是有些受欢迎的周报 会要求亮面静物画
Right. So the big day unfolds as follows.
对 所以大日子的进程如下
Our generous benefactor, General Newton,
我们慷慨的捐助者牛顿将军
will be arriving at 10:00 a.m. To meet the members of the staff.
将于早上10点抵达 并会见工作人员
Then, at 10:30, we'll have the unveiling of the picture.
然后10点半我们开始画作揭幕式
Now, this will be in front of all press and media.
这会在所有记者和媒体面前举行
Walter, I'm assuming all this merchandising is gonna be made available?
华特 我猜所有商品 到时候都可以卖吧
Oh, absolutely. From fridge magnets to Frisbees, we'll be ready.
当然 从冰箱磁铁到飞盘都应有尽有
So it will probably be at about 11:00 a.m., when the stage is set for Dr Bean.
所以大约在早上11点 豆子先生就可以上台了
Yes, all right, we really...
对 我们真该...
We really should bring in the doctor here.
我们应该让博士加入
Doctor, we've just been inspecting the schedule, and...
博士 我们刚才在看计划表 然后...
If you would just like to take a look at yours right over there at your convenience?
你是否想看看你那部份的计划呢
The general should be arriving at 10:00 a.m., and he'll unveil the picture at 10:30.,
将军会在早上10点到 他在10点半时举行揭幕
so at about 11:00, we should be ready for your speech.
所以11点时你应该就可以演讲了
Yes, and I think 20 minutes should be long enough.
好 我想20分钟应该够了吧
- Don't you, Bernice? - Absolutely.
-波妮丝 你说呢 -当然
I know you could fill hours, Doctor,
我知道你可以说上好几小时
but for the press, it would be best if you could keep it quite light.
但面对记者 说精简一点比较好
Maybe throw in some anecdotes about the actual painting of the picture
也许再加点关于那幅画的轶事趣闻
and explain why it is considered to be America's greatest painting.
说明它为何被视为美国最伟大的画作
Is that going to be enough, Doctor, 20 minutes?
博士 20分钟够了吗
Well, dear friends, if you'll excuse me, I have a lunch with the Mayor.
亲爱的朋友 我跟市长约了吃午饭 失陪了
Not the kind of thing I like, but duty calls.
我也不喜欢应酬 不过这是职责所在
Well, Doctor, it's good to meet you.
博士 很高兴见到你
It's a complex experience.
真是一次复杂的经验
Enjoy your stay with David.
好好享受和大卫在一起的时光
They're simple people but warm.
他们很平凡却很热情
- David, if I may have just a private word? - Okay.
-大卫 可否跟你私下谈谈 -好
I tell you, why don't you wait for me back at the new acquisitions?
对了 到新货区那里等我如何
I'll join you shortly. Yeah.
我马上就来 对
- He's a genius, right? - Yeah, he's eccentric, but...
-他是天才对吧 -对 他有点怪 不过...
The unveiling of Whistler's Mother is the most important thing
为"维瑟勒之母"揭幕 是本美术馆史上
to ever happen to this gallery,
最重要的事
and Dr Bean was your choice.
豆子博士是你选的
Yes, I understand that.
这我懂
Dr Bean, when we get home, I wonder...
豆子博士 我在想到家以后...
When we get home, I wonder if you would mind
到家以后 不知道你是否介意
giving me a private moment with my wife.
让我跟我太太独处一阵子
There's a little something we need to work out.
我们需要解决一点小事
Yeah, I think... Just wait in here would be good.
嗯 我想... 你在这等就好了
Oh, just ignore that. Her mother gave it to us.
噢 别理它 她妈妈给我们的
Huge sentimental value, you know, so...
感情价值很高 所以...
Just make yourself at home.
把这里当自己家
I'll be just a couple of minutes with Alison.
我跟艾莉森稍微谈谈
Oh, Doctor. I would actually not do that.
噢 博士 我可不会那么做
That's a limited edition. It's that it's delicate, so if you...
那是限量版本 非常珍贵 所以...
Or, yeah, if... Put it there would be good. Yeah.
或者... 把它放下就好 对
Okay, that's... All right.
好 那样...很好
Well, actually, no, he is still here, but let me...
其实他还在 不过就让我...
- Jennifer! Kevin! - I just want us... I just want us...
-珍妮佛 凯文 -我只是要我们... 要我们...
You have luggage packed? What is Plan B?
你行李都打好包了? 什么B计划?
if you haven't gotten rid of Dr Bean,
如果你没撵走豆子博士
we go straight to Grandma's.
我们就直接去住外婆家
- I can't believe you... - Screwed up again, huh, Dad?
-真不敢相信你竟然... - 老爸你又搞砸了
Oh, come on, there was no time to raise the subject!
拜托 现在没时间提这个了
Kevin, start the car, would you, sweetie?
凯文甜心 去发动车子好吗
Oh, Ali, wait a second and look.
艾莉 等一下 听我说
No, you look, David, my darling,
不 你听我说 亲爱的大卫
I have asked very little from you,
我对你的要求向来不多
but I did ask you to get rid of Dr Bean,
但我要你撵走豆子博士
and you have made your choice,
现在你做出不撵他走的决定
so you two can stay here
你们两个就留下来
and really come to grips with postmodernism,
好好研讨后现代主义吧
but I am taking our children to my mother's.
我要带孩子们去我妈那里
Just give him one last chance.
再给他一次机会嘛
- Oh, David... - Just one.
-噢 大卫... -一次就好
- Thank you. - All right.
-谢谢 -好吧
Thanks. Once you get to know him,
谢谢 等你认识他
- I think you're gonna... - David, don't.
-相信你就会... -大卫 别说了
- Hello, Doctor. - Hello.
-嗨 博士 -嗨
No, no, no, no, Doctor, that's not for the TV. That's for the...
不 博士 那不是电视遥控器 那是...
Yeah, well, there they go.
好 就这样走了
Well, Doctor, we've got the whole weekend together.
博士 周末就只剩下我们啦
Yeah, get to know each other and...
好好认识彼此
I was thinking tomorrow we might really do LA.
我在想明天可以玩遍洛杉矶
There's the Gallery of American Indian Art.
有美国印地安人艺术馆
There's the California State Gallery.
还有加州州立美术馆
There's actually this new place, the Rabowitz,
还有个叫洛波威兹的新馆
which is kind of the place for abstract expressionism.
展出抽象表现主义作品
Does that sound good to you?
你觉得怎样?
Maybe you have something else in mind?
还是你有其它想法?
Thank you for taking the Ride of Doom.
感谢您搭乘毁灭帝国之旅
Why don't you get another ticket? Could be more fun second time round.
怎么不再试一次? 说不定会更好玩
He's a genius, huh?
他是天才?
That's what they tell me.
他们这么跟我说的
Well, he looks like a fruitcake to me.
我看他根本就是个大草包
Are you willing to take responsibility for his actions?
你愿意为他的行为负责吗
Well, you're a braver man than me,
你比我还勇敢
and I singlehandedly take on gangs armed with AK47 s.
我单手就能对抗 持有AK47枪械的混混
Get him out of here. Tell him his is a butt I would dearly love to kick,
带他出去 告诉他 我非常愿意揍他一顿
and the next time, I will.
下次就会动手
Doctor, there is something we have to talk about,
博士 有件事情我们得谈谈
and I don't quite know how to put this.
我不知道该怎么开口
What I am concerned about is...
我担心的是...
Whoever that is, I am getting rid of them.
不管是谁来 我都要把他赶走
David, sorry we're late.
大卫 抱歉我们迟到了
- The traffic! Oh, terrible - Oh, that's beautiful!
-塞车太严重了 -噢 太棒了
You couldn't believe. Every day, it gets worse and worse.
真不敢相信 每天变得愈来愈糟
- It's just the way she. It's the green. - And why? Because nobody's in control.
-她就那样 是绿色的关系 -为什么? 因为没人在管
No, it's the yellow. It's just. It's the yellow. She is a...
不 是黄色有问题 是黄色 她实在...
Well, where is Alison?
艾莉森呢?
Well, I've got some bad news and some good news.
我有坏消息和好消息
The bad news is that Alison has had to go visit her mum,
坏消息是艾莉森一定要去看她妈
- who, well, is not well. - That's too bad.
-因为她生病了 -太糟了
- Gee, the poor thing. - Sorry to hear that, David.
-天啊 真可怜 -大卫 我真遗憾
The good news is that Dr Bean and I will be cooking.
好消息是豆子博士和我要下厨做菜
- You sure that's good news? - Well, of course it is.
-你确定那是好消息吗 -当然啦
All the greatest chefs in the world are men.
世界上最棒的厨子都是男人
So what's on the menu, maestro?
那都有什么菜呢 大师
How could I forget?
我怎么会忘掉
What the hell are we going to give them?
我们到底要给他们吃什么
Yes, I think they may be expecting something slightly more formal.
我想他们可能想吃得正式一点
An onion? Just on its own?
洋葱? 就洋葱?
No, no, don't be ridiculous.
不 少呆了
That's for Thanksgiving. Alison would kill me.
那是感恩节的菜 艾莉森会杀了我的
No, no, there must be something else.
不 一定还有别的
Have you ever cooked one of these before?
你以前做过这种菜吗?
But anyway, it would take like five hours, right?
但无论如何都需要五个小时 对吧
What do you think? Twenty minutes?
你说呢? 二十分钟吗?
You're sure this is gonna work?
你确定这样可以
Okay, you're the chef.
好 就听你的
Just put on some vegetables and come and say hello.
炉上放点蔬菜 然后过来打招呼
My taste buds are positively tingling with anticipation.
我的味蕾正热切期待着美味哦
I think we'll pass on the appetiser.
我想还是跳过前菜吧
So, Bean, big day Tuesday,
豆子 星期二是大日子
your big day, my big day.
你的大日子 我的大日子
I have a question for you.
我有个问题想问
He's very attentive to detail.
他非常重视细节
Everything must be just so.
每件事都要做到精确
Bean, I think we need to be honest with each other.
豆子 我想我们该开诚布公地谈
I cannot deny that, over the last days,
我无法否认 过去几天以来
some suspicions have begun to gather in my mind,
我脑中浮现不少疑问
and I would just like to ask you some direct questions,
我只是想直率地问你几个问题
Number one, are you a doctor?
第一 你是博士吗?
Number two, do you know anything about art?
第二 你懂艺术吗?
Just for instance here,
打个比方好了
was Leonardo da Vinci an American basketball player?
达芬奇是不是美国篮球选手
- Hi, Dad. - Hi, Dad.
-嗨 老爸 -嗨 老爸
- Bye, Dad. - Bye, Dad.
-再见 老爸 -再见 老爸
For God's sake, Bean, what are you doing?
看在老天份上 豆子 你在做什么
Hello? Mr Grierson, yes. He's just here in the shower with me.
喂格利森先生 对 他现在跟我在浴室里
Would you give me...
你能否给我...
Yes, hello, Mr Grierson.
对 你好 格利森先生
No, no, you must have misunderstood him. What can I...
不 你一定是听错了 我怎么会...
She is? Oh, thank you for calling me.
真的吗? 谢谢你打电话来
- Yes, okay. Goodbye. - Bye!
-好 再见 -拜
I can't believe it. Whistler's Mother has actually arrived in America.
真不敢相信 "维瑟斯之母"已抵达美国了
Now, listen, I am begging you
听好 算我求你了
as a man whose entire professional career depends on you,
我全部职业生涯都仰赖你的立场了
behave rationally today.
今天表现理智一点
David, well done. Worth every bright green buck!
大卫 干得好 每一分钱都值得
She's something else, isn't she?
真是与众不同 对吧
All right, folks, enjoy her while you can. After this morning, we lock her away
好了 各位 尽情欣赏吧 今早以后就要锁起来了
until the guy who paid $50 million for her turns up.
直到愿意出五千万的人出现为止
And, Elmer, I believe we have a security meeting.
艾尔莫 我们要开安全会议吧
And this is your key to the encasement system.
这把密室系统的钥匙给你
There are only two. I have the other one,
只有两把 我有另一把
so if the painting turns up missing, I'll know where to come.
所以如果画作消失 我就知道该去找谁
And if you could all join me at the security console?
可否请你一起参加安全会议
Doctor, why don't you just stay here?
博士 请留在这里好吗?
Maybe a look at the real thing will inspire you for your speech.
也许看看原画能激发你演讲的灵感
Just stay here. Don't leave this room till I get back, okay?
呆在这 在我回来前别离开房间
This chart maps all the security elements for the big day,
这张表画出当天所有的保安点
and as usual in these circumstances, I've given the operation a code name,
如同以往的类似情况 我也替这次行动取了个代号
which is Operation Whistler's Mother.
也就是"维瑟勒之母"行动
It's not a snazzy title, but I think it works.
这名称不算时髦 但还能用
Fear not, gentlemen.
各位不必担心
With the system we put in here, nothing will touch that painting
我们安装的系统能确保画作的安全
short of an earthquake that brings down the whole gallery.
除非整栋美术馆被地震震毁
Once we've gotten the general safely inside,
一把将军安全带进馆内
the key figure, securitywise, will be Dr Bean.
保安重点就落到豆子博士身上
We gotta protect the painting without getting in the good doctor's way.
我们要在不打扰大博士的情形下 保护画作
There seems to be a problem
这门好像出了点...
Where's the picture gone?
画怎么不见了
What? What? What? What?
什么? 什么?
Oh, Jesus! Oh, God! Oh, Jesus!
噢 天哪噢 老天
God! Oh, Mary, mother of Jesus! Jesus of Nazareth!
哇我的老天圣母玛利亚
Wait a minute. Why am I worrying about this? You did it!
等一下 我干嘛这么害怕 是你干的
All I have to do is go out and tell them what happened.
我只要出去告诉他们怎么回事就好
Then they'll say, "Well, who left him alone with the picture?"
然后他们会说"是谁让他单独跟画在一起的"
And I say, "Me."
我就会说"是我"
Then they say, "Well, you're fired!" I say, "Fine."
然后他们就说"你被开除了" 我就说"好"
Then they say, "Firing is not enough. Let's prosecute you for negligence!"
然后他们说"开除还不够 我们要告你怠忽职守"
Then I go to jail. My wife leaves me. My daughter becomes a prostitute.
然后我去坐牢 我太太会离开我 我女儿变成娼妓
I wind up on death row sharing a cell with Butch McDick!
最后我进了死囚室 跟强暴犯同一间牢房
All right, calm down. I just gotta calm down.
好了 冷静点 我要冷静点
Give me one more look at the painting.
再让我看一下那幅画
Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God!
噢 天哪 天哪
...which renders the underground ventilation ducts completely secure.
这表示地下通风管也非常安全
- Yes, well, that's good to know. - Thank you, sir.
-对 这样就放心多了 -谢谢
Hey, do you drink, Bean?
嘿 豆子 你喝酒吗?
- No. - Good, neither do I.
-不喝 -很好 我也不喝
The Yankees grab the bat.
纽约队抓住球棒
Yeah, this one has extra innings written all over it, doesn't it?
对 看来很可能会有延长赛了
Ozzie hangs over the plate.
欧吉留在本垒
He's got the longball threat from the left side.
不过他左边有长传威胁
Smith corks one to right field down the line.
史密斯用力挥棒 球直达右野线
- There it goes. - Bean.
-飞出去了 -豆子
Going crazy, folks! Going crazy! It's a home run!
太厉害了 各位是全垒打
And the Cardinals have won the...
红雀队已赢得...
You wanna know what the reality of the situation is?
你想知道事情的真相吗
Okay, this is it.
好 那我告诉你
Because you moved into my house, my wife has moved out.
因为你住进我家 我太太就搬出去了
Yes, she did. She might have moved out anyway,
对 搬走了 她可能迟早会搬走
but that is one, point one.
但这是第一点
I've given my life to art,
我全心为艺术奉献
and from here on in, the only art I will get anywhere near
但从现在起 我唯一能接近的艺术
are the pictures I draw on the pavement,
就是我在人行道上画的画
hoping passersby will throw nickels in my hat.
希望路人会在我帽子里丢点零钱
I guess the long and the short of it,
简单来说呢
I wish I'd never been born.
我真希望自己从未出生
All my troubles seemed so far away
所有烦恼似乎都很遥远
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
现在却都萦绕身边
I believe in yesterday
我相信昨天
I'm not half the man I used to be
我不再是以前的我
There's a shadow hanging over me
头上笼罩阴影
I believe in yesterday
我相信昨日
Row, row, row, your boat
划 划 划小船
Gently down the stream
滑行在溪中
If you see a crocodile
如果见到大鳄鱼
Don't forget to scream
别忘了尖声大叫
Splish, splash, splish, splash
泼呀 洒呀
Row, row, row your boat
划 划 划小船
Gently down the stream
滑行在溪中
If you see a crocodile
如果见到大鳄鱼
Don't forget to scream
别忘了尖声大叫
I can explain everything.
我可以解释一切
Okay, explain everything.
那就解释一切看看
- It's inexplicable. Ali, listen... - David, no.
-简直莫名奇妙 艾莉 听我说 -不了 大卫
David, the reason that I came home was because I missed you
大卫 我回家是因为我想你
and also because I live here, and they live here,
也因为我住在这里 他们也住这里
but, David, we have been waiting for five hours, and what do we get?
可是我们等了五个小时 等到了什么
A drunk and his friend from the planet Zog.
一个醉汉和他那位来自外星的朋友
I know, and it seems like this horrible situation, but if you could...
我知道 听来是很糟的状况 可是你如果肯...
If you could just hear my full horrific tale...
你如果肯听完这个恐怖的故事...
David, I think I'm gonna have to leave you.
大卫 我想我们得分开了
Well, then things really have gotten bad.
那情况真的很糟糕了
Me, neither. Can't stop thinking about naked women.
我也是 一直在想裸体的女人
- What about you? - Whistler's Mother.
-你呢 -维瑟勒之母
Well, whatever turns you on.
只要能让你兴奋就好
Catch you around, moonman.
待会见罗 月球人
Oh, if you still can't sleep, come to my room.
如果你还是睡不着 可以到我房间来
I got some great posters of Cindy Crawford on my wall.
我的墙上有辛蒂克劳馥的海报喔
Oh, my God! Oh, my God!
噢 天哪
No, no, no, no, don't think for one minute you're getting on that bike, Jen.
不 不 你别以为可以骑上那辆车
Total family rule here.
这是家庭规定
No one is allowed on one of those death traps.
谁都不准走进死亡陷阱
You promised me, Jen.
你答应过的
And you promised Mum you'd get rid of Dr Freako.
你也答应过妈妈要把怪人博士赶走
Don't talk to me. I am trying to think what I'm going to do.
别跟我说话 我正在想怎么办
- Well... - Quiet!
-那... -安静
What a pleasure, sir. Welcome to our humble abode.
先生 真是我们的荣幸 欢迎来到敝处
Not too humble, I hope. I'm expecting lunch.
希望不会太敝 我期待着午餐呢
Of course. General, right this way. After you, sir. After you.
当然 将军请这边走 先生 您先请
Glad you could make it.
真高兴您的光临
- Where the hell have you been? - I am sorry. Trouble at home.
-你究竟到哪里去了 -对不起 家里有点事
- Never mind. Come along. - Sir, there is something...
-算了 过来 -先生 有件事...
General, I'd like you to meet our curator, David Langley.
将军 向您介绍我们的评议员 大卫蓝利
- I'm delighted to meet you, sir. - Of course you are.
-真高兴见到您 先生 -那是当然
Right through here, sir.
先生 请这边走
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a great moment for America
各位先生女士 这是美国的伟大时刻
and for one very special lady, Whistler's Mother.
也是一位特殊女士"维瑟勒之母"的伟大时刻
And she's here today, thanks to our great and good benefactor.
感谢我们杰出的捐助者 才能让她在此出现
Will you join me in saluting a soldier, philanthropist, loving father...
请各位与我一同向这位军人 慈善家 仁慈的父亲...
and an extremely generous patron of the arts, General Newton?
以及特别慷慨的艺术赞助者牛顿将军致敬
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.
谢谢各位
I am not a traditional art lover.
我不是传统的艺术爱好人士
I don't know the difference between a Picasso and a car crash,
我分不出毕加索和车祸有何差别
but I love my country.
但我爱我的国家
I can't stand the idea of a bunch of Frenchies
我无法忍受让一群法国佬
owning America's greatest painting.
拥有美国最伟大的画作
Let's get on with it.
现在就开始吧
Welcome home, Ma.
母亲 欢迎回家
Whatever you did, you're a genius, and I love you!
不管你做了什么 你真是天才 我爱你
- David? It's time. - Time for what?
-大卫 时间到了 -什么时间到了
- The speech. - What? Wait. What speech?
-演讲啊 -等等 什么演讲
- Congratulations, David. - Dr Bean's speech about the painting.
-大卫 恭喜你 -豆子博士关于绘画的演讲
Yes, of course, the speech.
对了 当然 演讲
Now, Doctor, try to keep it below an hour,
博士 尽量别超过一小时
and if there could be one joke in it, that would be nice.
如果里面有笑话就更好了
Good Morning America couldn't give a flying monkey about "isms" and...
《早安美国》才不在乎那些"主义"
- Oh, you know what I mean. - Yeah.
-你懂我意思吧 -对
- It doesn't have to go on for long. Just...- Dr Bean?
-不必太久 你就... -豆子博士
- Just... Just... - We're ready for you. Right this way.
-就... -准备好了 请走这边
Just... Just... Just...
你就...
And now, for the second highlight of our day.
现在是今天的第二个重头戏
Dr Bean, a great English art scholar, is here to speak for a few minutes,
豆子博士是英国杰出的艺术学者 他将做几分钟的演讲
not too long, Doctor,
别说太久哦
on the subject of our new purchase.
题目是我们新添购的画作
Ladies and gentlemen, Dr Bean of the National Gallery of England.
各位先生女士 欢迎英国国立美术馆的豆子博士
Well, hello, I'm Dr Bean,
嗯 那个... 我是豆子博士
is to sit and look at paintings.
就是坐着看艺术绘画
what have I learnt
我从这幅画里
that I can say about this painting?
学到了什么呢
Well, firstly, it's quite big,
首先 这幅画很大
because if it was really small,
因为如果画很小
you know, microscopic,
要用显微镜才看得到
then hardly anybody would be able to see it,
就没什么人能看到了
which would be a tremendous shame.
那就会非常可惜
and I'm getting quite near the end now
我就快要说到
of this analysis of this painting...
分析这幅画的结尾了哦
why was it worth this man here
这幅画为什么会让这位先生
spending 50 million of your American dollars on this portrait?
愿意花五千万美金去买呢
well, this picture is worth such a lot of money
这幅画值这么多钱
because it's a picture of Whistler's mother,
因为这是维瑟勒之母的画像
and as I've learnt by staying with my best friend,
我从跟好友大卫·蓝利
David Langley, and his family,
和他家人同住的经验中学到
families are very important,
家庭是非常重要的
and even though Mr Whistler was perfectly aware
即使维瑟勒先生非常清楚
that his mother was a hideous old bat
他母亲是个讨厌的老太婆
who looked like she had a cactus lodged up her backside,
好像屁股后面插了根仙人掌似的
he stuck with her
他仍跟她在一起
and even took the time to paint this amazing picture of her.
甚至还花时间画出这幅伟大的作品
It's not just a painting.
这不只是一幅画而已
It's a picture of a mad old cow
这画里是他非常看重的
who he thought the world of,
一位疯老太婆
and that's marvellous.
而这点非常感人
Well, that's what I think, anyway.
总之 那是我的想法啦
Home and dry. Where did you put the original?
有惊无险 你把原画放到哪去了
Mr Langley, may I have a word?
蓝利先生 可以跟你谈谈吗?
Stay here. Shut up.
你留下 闭嘴
- Mr Langley... - Okay, I can explain everything.
-蓝利先生... -好了 我可以解释
- What can you explain? - About the painting.
-你可以解释什么 -那幅画
- Which painting? - Whistler's Mother.
-什么画 -"维瑟勒之母"
I'm afraid, Mr Langley, I'm here in my capacity as a police officer,
蓝利先生 很抱歉 我是来执行警察勤务
not as an art lover.
不是当艺术爱好者的
It's about your daughter. She's been in a motorcycle accident.
是你的女儿 她骑机车出车祸了
Damn! Request emergency clearance for 809Adam.
可恶 809亚当要求紧急通行
Suspect male, possibly armed. Request immediate backup.
男性嫌犯 可能持枪 要求立刻派支援
Lf you get a ticket, I'll tear it up. Thanks.
有罚单我就帮你撕掉 谢谢
Hold it! Okay, easy, fellow, easy. Hold it, there. Right there.
停小子 冷静点 停在那里别动
Put it down. Put the gun down.
放下来 把枪放下
Hi, I need Jennifer Langley's room.
嗨 我要找珍妮佛·蓝利的病房
She came in at about 11:00, motorcycle accident.
她约在11点时 因摩托车车祸被送进来
Out of the way, sir.
别挡路 先生
She's on the fifth floor, east wing. Just take the elevator up.
她在五楼东侧 坐电梯上去
Please, just stay here and do nothing.
请站在这里 什么也别做
If you do nothing, nothing can go wrong.
你什么都不做的话 就不会出事
I've got to take care of my family now.
我现在要去照顾家人了
The nurse says that it's not a coma, that she's just...
护士说这不是昏迷 只是...
She's just sort of taking time out,
说她只是进入熟睡状态
but we haven't seen a doctor yet, so I don't...
可是我们还没看过医生 所以我不...
- Dr Jacobson? - Yes?
-杰克森医生 -什么事
We need you urgently in OR 3.
3号房需要你
- No can do. I'm due in number 4 at 1:00. - Sir, it's urgent.
-不行 我一点就得到4号房去 -这是危急状况
We have a ruptured kidney and massive bleeding.
病人肾脏破裂和大出血
- What's happening? - Surgeon's on his way up.
-怎么回事 -外科医生马上过来
At last, Dr Bean.
终于来了 豆子医生
Hello, Doctor. We've got a 45 year old male, blood type B negative,
医生 这是45岁的男性 血型是B型阴性
brought in by paramedics 10 minutes ago.
10分钟前送进医务室的
He's got a penetrating injury to the left chest.
左胸有贯穿伤口
The... Yes, yes, yes, yes.
我... 对 对
The stethoscope's fallen.
听诊器掉了
- Gotta get him in there right now. - No, no, no!
-现在就让他进去 -别 别
Come in, Doctor. It looks like a bullet in the lower thorax.
请进 医生 看来胸部下方中了子弹
It seems to have ruptured the lung,
似乎使得肺脏破裂
and there's severe inner bleeding along the abdomen.
腹部还有严重内出血
Doctor, he's coming to.
医生 他醒了
- All right, give him a T70. - Got it.
-好 用T70替他注射 -好
Shall I extend the incision, sir?
医生 要不要加长切口
We've taken it from the breastbone to the diaphragm.
我们从胸骨切到横隔膜
We may have to extend further to get to the spleen.
可能要延伸切口到脾脏
Sorry, sir, it's only my first week.
抱歉 这是我动手术的第一周
No, you're right, Doctor. We should wait for the xrays.
不 你是对的 医生 我们应该等照过X光后才动手
Help! We are losing this guy out here!
救命这里有人快要死了
- For Jesus' sake, we need help! - Go! Go! Go! Get in here!
-看在老天份上 我们要支援 -快快快过去
Watch he doesn't go into haemodynamic shock.
看着别让他发生失血休克
We'll be right back.
我们马上回来
- Defibrillating! - All right, charge the paddles to 200 watts.
-电击 -好 充电到2百瓦
Jolly good. Clean it up.
很好 洗干净
Sorry to keep you waiting, sir.
抱歉让你久等了
Nice work in there, people. Now back to the bleeding.
各位做得很好 现在来处理出血
Where's this blood coming from? We got to clamp it off.
这血从哪来的我们得设法止住
- Where the hell's that J17? - What happened?
-J17在哪 -怎样
We need that J17 in OR 4 right now. He's got major trauma.
第4手术室需要J17 他受到重大外伤
There's too much blood. I can't see a thing.
血太多了 我什么都看不到
More suction. Somebody check that line.
再做吸入 谁去看看血压
Blood pressure's bottoming out. Hook me up with 12, will you?
血压达到最低点 给我12号
His heart rate is dropping. We're gonna lose him.
心跳开始下降 他快死了
- How's the TMS? - Come on, people! He's crashing on us.
-电子追踪仪怎么说 -快呀 各位他快死了
I'm not getting a reading. Where is this bullet?
我无法判断 子弹在哪里
Hang in there, fellow. Come on, hold on to him.
加油啊 各位 快 别让他死掉
Lf we don't find it, he's a dead man. I am not gonna lose this guy.
如果找不到子弹 他就死定了 我不能让他死
Sir, we're losing him. I've got to get in there now.
他快死了 我得插进去
Doctor, you can't just... It's too dangerous!
医生 你不能... 太危险了
- Incredible. - Heart rate is stabilising.
-真惊人 -心跳开始正常
Blood pressure's climbing back.
血压回升了
Oh, Doctor, thank God. My daughter was in an accident.
噢 医生 感谢老天 我女儿发生车祸
No one's even taken a look at her yet.
都还没人来诊断过
We're desperate for some medical attention in here.
我们着急死了 希望有医生会来
Don't worry, honey. The doctor will check her out.
别担心 亲爱的 医生会替她检查
Mr and Mrs Langley,
蓝利先生 蓝利太太
any kind of damage to the brain is a very sensitive thing to observe,
观察脑部损伤是非常精细的事
so maybe we should just step outside and give the doctor a little room to work.
也许我们该退出去 让医生有空间做诊断
The first nurse said we shouldn't think of it as a coma
第一位护士说我们不该认为那是昏迷
but more like a deep sleep.
比较像深度睡眠
Yes, that's sort of true. Could I ask you a question?
对 话是没错 我能不能问你一个问题
Wakey, wakey, breakfast's ready.
醒来 醒来 早餐好啦
Can you turn the clock back about 12 hours for me?
能不能把时间往回调12小时
Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!
醒来醒来呀
I don't know what to say about Bean.
我不知道该怎么说豆子的事
He's clearly a force 10 disaster area,
他绝对是个强度10的大灾难
but, God help me, I like him.
可是老天爷啊 我很喜欢他
Now, having said that, there is no reason in the world
但即使我这么说 世上也没有任何理由
why any of you should ever have anything to do with him again.
要让你们其中的谁跟他有任何牵连
Oh, my God, Jennifer.
噢 天哪 珍妮佛
- Oh, honey. Sweetie. Honey! - Oh, look at you.
-甜心 宝贝 甜心 -看看你
- Mum, what happened? - You had an accident, honey,
-妈 怎么回事 -你出车祸了
but everything is gonna be okay.
但现在都没事了
- But what happened to Stingo? - Just bruises, collar bone.
-史汀哥怎么样了 -只有锁骨瘀青
He'll be fine, until I get my hands on him.
他还没事 直到我去修理他一顿为止
- Hey, Doctor, where are you going? - Where do you think you're going?
-医生 你要去哪 -你可不能走呀
How can we ever say thank you? No, you've made us so happy.
我们要怎么谢你才够 不 你让我们太高兴了
- Tell us, what can we do? We'll do anything. - Anything.
-说吧 我们要怎么谢你什么都行 -什么都行
Well, I suppose you could let me stay another week.
那我想你们可以让我再住一个礼拜
- Presents! Presents! - Hey! What's this all about?
-礼物唷礼物 -嘿 这是怎么回事
This is heavy. Thank you.
真重 谢谢
- Next present for Jen. - Thanks.
-下一个礼物给珍 -谢谢
Let's see what we got here.
看看我们得到什么
Oh, look, laxatives. Yeah, a whole box of them.
噢 是泻药 哇 一整盒的泻药
Oh, hey, there they are.
嘿 这个给你
- Thanks. - What did you get there?
-谢谢 -你收到什么?
Do not leave your car unattended.
请看好您的车子
- Unattended vehicles... - Well, Beanie, it's been
-无人的车辆... -阿豆 这几天过得
I want you to know you can come back and visit anytime.
我想告诉你 你随时可以回来拜访
Yes. In the fairly distant future.
好 最好在颇为遥远的将来
I know it sounds insane,
我知道这话听来很疯狂
but I'm really gonna miss you.
但我真的会想念你
Okay. Goodbye again.
好啦 再见
Yes, I normally stay till the end as well.
对 我通常也会待到最后
You can go now if you wish.
想走的话 现在可以走了