最新连载海外影视剧下载请登陆 www.YYeTs.com仅供交流学习 禁止商用盈利
- Morning. - Special one today.
-早 -今天有封特别的
What have you got there?
那是什么
Wouldn't you like to know.
就不告诉你
Just arrived, milord.
刚到的 老爷
There's one from Buckingham Palace.
有一封来自白金汉宫
But we really need to cut back
但我们必须得截流
until the farms repay the investment.
直到农场的投资获得回报
And we must make a plan for the roof.
而且我们也得为屋顶做好打算
Well, this won't help us to economize.
这对我们的节约大计肯定没好处
The king and queen are coming to stay.
国王和王后要来留宿了
During their Yorkshire tour?
在他们的约克郡巡视期间吗
That's it. Just for a night.
是的 就待一晚
They'll spend one night at Downton
他们要在唐顿住一晚
and then go on to Harewood for a ball.
然后去哈伍德参加舞会
While they're here,
他们在此期间
there's to be a parade of the Yorkshire Hussars in the village.
村里要举行约克郡轻骑兵阅兵
Is there any chance Henry might be back?
亨利能回来吗
I'll send a telegram.
我会给他发电报
But there's a motor show in Chicago
但芝加哥有场汽车展
that I know he cannot chuck.
我知道他肯定不能错过
Tom, you're keeping your enthusiasm under control.
汤姆 你似乎不怎么激动呢
Is this the Irish patriot making a reappearance?
是那位爱尔兰爱国者又要冒出来了吗
I know you find my opinions highly entertaining.
我知道你觉得我的看法很好笑
I suppose they'll send people to check that
他们大概要派人来确认
Mrs. Patmore isn't a Russian spy.
帕特莫太太不是俄国间谍
Will you tell them downstairs, Barrow?
你可以告知楼下吗 巴罗
- I'll see to Her Ladyship. - Yes, milord.
-我会告诉夫人的 -是 老爷
A royal luncheon, a parade and a dinner?
皇家午宴 阅兵 还有一顿晚宴
I'm going to have to sit down.
我可得坐会儿
- Oh, what about Mr. Branson? - What about him?
-那布兰森先生怎么办 -他怎么了
Well, he's a republican, isn't he?
他不是共和党人吗
Should Mr. Carson look in,
卡森先生要是过来
no one is to say that word in front of him.
谁都不许在他面前提那个词
I agree with Mr. Branson. I don't like kings, either.
我赞同布兰森先生的看法 我也不喜欢国王
I suppose that makes me a republican, too.
或许这表示我也是共和党人
Are the English allowed to be?
英国人可以做共和党人吗
Two weeks to get ready? Golly.
只有两周时间准备吗 天啊
It's quite an honor.
真是殊荣
But if I know anything about royal visits,
但就我对皇室驾临的了解
we will never stop changing our clothes.
我们得一套套地换衣服了
I've just been on a buying spree,
我刚去买了一大堆东西
Madame Handley-Seymour is making me a ball dress.
韩德利-西摩女士要为我做件舞会裙
- I'll get her to hurry it up. - Have her send it here.
-我会叫她加紧进度 -叫她寄来这里
- How are things otherwise? - Oh, you know.
-其他事如何 -您知道的
I've got a luncheon for 30 today in aid of the lifeboats.
我今天有顿30人的午宴 为了资助救生艇
Or is that tomorrow?
还是明天来着
Anyway, it's in aid of something.
反正是为了资助什么
Sounds like business as usual.
听上去你还是那么繁忙
I'll see you soon, darling.
那回头见了 亲爱的
You know I can bring back
你知道我能带回来
as many vegetables as we could eat.
我们吃不完的蔬菜
- Yeah, I like to keep busy. - Yeah.
-我喜欢有事做 -嗯
How have they taken the news up at the house?
宅子那边对消息是什么反应
Daisy's singing "The Marseillaise."
黛西唱起了《马赛曲》
So no surprises there.
毫不意外
I thought you'd be pleased.
我以为你会高兴呢
The visit is a great honor.
来访是无上荣幸
But members of the royal and imperial household
但皇室成员
are coming to Downton
要来唐顿
who will have visited the greatest houses in the land.
而他们肯定已经去过国内最尊贵的大宅
Blenheim, Chatsworth, Arundel.
布莱尼姆 查特斯沃思 阿伦德尔
Does Mr. Barrow know what he's taking on?
巴罗先生清楚他要承担怎样的重任吗
Why should it affect you?
这跟你有什么关系
You're not in charge anymore.
你已经不是当家的了
Now, come in for your lunch and let me get back.
快进来吃午饭 吃完我好回去
All right, sir, here we are.
先生 就这里了
This will do very well. Thank you.
这里就行了 谢谢
The Lady Bagshaw, Your Majesty.
巴格肖夫人 陛下
We'll go to the 1844 Room as soon as they're here.
等他们来了 我们就去1844房
I've just received the plan for the tour of Yorkshire, ma'am.
我刚拿到了约克郡行程的计划 陛下
Yes. It's just been finalized.
是 刚定好
I think we'll enjoy it.
我相信会很愉快的
I didn't realize we would be staying at Downton Abbey.
我不知道我们还要去唐顿庄园住
There's to be a parade and a dinner,
要看阅兵 吃一顿晚宴
and then we go on to Princess Mary at Harewood.
然后就去哈伍德看玛丽公主
I just wondered if I might, perhaps,
不知我可不可以
go straight to Harewood.
直接去哈伍德
Lord Grantham is my cousin,
格兰瑟姆伯爵是我的亲戚
and the two families have...
而两家...
Or at least we might if I were there in person.
至少如果我与他们见了面 可能会吵起来
And what would cause this quarrel?
会是为什么吵起来呢
Lord Grantham's mother believes her son should be my heir.
格兰瑟姆伯爵的母亲认为她儿子应做我的继承人
Old Lady Grantham can be very hard to resist,
老格兰瑟姆夫人有时是很不依不饶
as I am well aware.
我很清楚的
But, surely, they need to know
但如果他们的希望注定要落空
if their hopes are to be disappointed.
他们也得知道啊
I wish I knew if they like simple food or fancy.
真不知他们会喜欢简单还是高档的食物
I can't think they'll want simple food.
他们肯定不会想吃简单食物
With that sort, don't they like sauces
就他们那些人 肯定喜欢酱汁
and everything velouté and frappé and smothered in cream?
白酱汁 冰镇 什么都抹上奶油吧
"That sort"? He's the King of England.
"那些人" 他可是英国国王
There's only one of them in the world.
全世界就一个
"That sort," indeed.
还"那些人"呢
Don't plan too much.
别计划得太详细
Not until we know what's expected.
等我们了解要求再说
Well, I know what's expected of me-- food.
我清楚对我的要求 食物
You, too, Daisy. So less philosophy, more elbow grease.
你也是 黛西 少贫嘴 多干活儿吧
- Is the pudding ready? - It is.
-布丁好了吗 -嗯
Oh, Daisy, take the soufflés out of the oven
黛西 把蛋奶酥从烤炉里拿出来
while I find me specs.
我去拿眼镜
This country needs a shake-up.
这国家需要改变
You should run for parliament.
你该去竞选议员
Why not? Lady Astor's done it.
有何不可 阿斯特夫人不就做到了
And so an under-cook from Yorkshire is bound to follow her.
所以约克郡的一个厨娘助手就肯定能紧随其后吗
Well, you've got to have big dreams.
你总得有大梦想嘛
But do you have big dreams, Andy?
但你有大梦想吗 安迪
I've not offended you, have I?
我没惹你生气吧
- Why do you say that? - Well, for a start,
-为什么这么问 -首先
you never talk about the wedding anymore.
你都不提我们婚礼的事了
We'll get wed when we're good and ready and not before.
我们准备好了再结婚嘛
But, you see, I am ready.
但是 我是准备好了
Take those up before they collapse.
快把那个端上去 待会儿要塌了
Maud Bagshaw is coming to Downton?
莫德·巴格肖要来唐顿吗
Yes, as the queen's lady-in-waiting.
对 作为王后的侍女
Why so surprised? Who is she?
为何这么惊讶 她是什么人
Well, she's a cousin of your father's.
她是你父亲的亲戚
We'll-we'll discuss it later.
我们稍后再说吧
You're not to make things awkward.
您可别搞得大家下不来台
How's it all going?
准备得如何了
Well, Mary's got it under control.
都在玛丽掌控之中了
Hardly. There's so much to do.
才没有 要做的事太多了
Who were those men measuring on the green as we came past?
我们来时 看到在草地上丈量的人是谁
They're building the dais for the queen at the parade.
他们在搭建阅兵时王后要站的讲台
- Oh, how exciting. - Seems rather a waste of money.
-真令人期待 -感觉是浪费钱呢
Isn't that what the monarchy's for?
王室不就该如此吗
To brighten the lives of the nation
用他们的威严和魅力
with stateliness and glamour?
为国民的生活添彩
To quote Tennyson, "Kind hearts are more than coronets,
用丁尼生的话说"仁心贵于冠冕
And simple faith than Norman blood."
信念胜于血统"
Will you have enough clichés to get you through the visit?
你有足够的陈词滥调撑过这次到访吗
If not, I'll come to you.
如果想不出了 我就来找你
And, now, you were gonna tell us about Lady Bagshaw.
现在告诉我们巴格肖夫人的事吧
Is she a very distant cousin?
她是个远亲吗
No. Her father was my great uncle.
不是 她父亲是我的祖伯父
Then why have I never heard of her?
那我怎么没听说过她
Because she chose to cut herself off from the family.
因为她选择断绝了跟家族的关系
- Do you know the reason? - Maybe.
-您知道为什么吗 -可能吧
See, I believe she means to cheat your father
我认为她有意剥夺你父亲的
of his rightful inheritance.
合法继承权
She has no children.
她自己没孩子
Your father is her nearest relation.
而你父亲是她关系最近的亲戚
I won't have her put on the spot.
可不许为难她
You're plotting something.
你在谋划什么
I see a Machiavellian look in your eye.
你有种狡猾的[马基雅弗利]眼神
Machiavelli is frequently underrated.
马基雅弗利向来被低估
He had many qualities.
他有很多品质呢
So did Caligula, not all of them charming.
卡利古拉也有 可不都是好品质
What are you up to, Granny?
您想干什么 奶奶
Well, ideally, I would like Maud to see your father
最好是能让莫德将你父亲视为
as the son she never had.
她没能有的儿子
Will she be the mother I never had?
那她能成为我没能有的母亲吗
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
讽刺是最低级的智慧
- Hello. - Mr. Molesley.
-你好 -莫斯利先生
It's very late for you to be out.
这么晚了还出来
Is what true, Mr. Molesley?
什么是真的吗 莫斯利先生
Mr. Bakewell said that you'd warned him
贝克韦尔先生说 您告诉他
that there was to be a royal visit.
皇室要来造访
Well, now I know who not to trust with a secret.
这下我知道有秘密不能告诉谁了
That we should deserve such honor.
我们居然能有如此荣幸
Not you, too. I am disappointed.
你怎么也这样 我好失望
- Ignore her. - I wonder, do you think
-别理她 -你说我能不能
I might be allowed to slip on my livery again?
被允许再穿一次号服
Would the school let you?
学校能放你走吗
Oh, they'll give me time for this, I promise.
他们肯定会为此准我假的 肯定的
Let's wait till we know our orders.
等我们知道了要求再说吧
What about it, Mr. Barrow?
怎么样 巴罗先生
Will you let me wait upon my king and queen?
你能允许我为国王和王后服务吗
Good night, Mr. Molesley.
再见了 莫斯利先生
When we're done, shall I fetch Johnny
等我们完事了 是我去接约翰尼
- or will you? - I can fetch him.
-还是你去 -我去吧
- Thank you. - They're all mental.
-谢谢 -他们都疯了
All this fuss for a man and woman we don't even know.
为了我们根本不认识的一对男女这么大惊小怪
No, never mind that. I wanted to tell you.
别管那个了 我想跟你说
I've had some ideas about what to serve at your wedding.
我想到了一些你婚礼上可以做的菜
Stop going on about my wedding.
别老提那茬了
We've only a few days left,
我们只剩几天了
so I spoke to Her Ladyship, and she's agreed
我问过夫人 她同意了
our normal rules should be suspended.
平时的规矩要暂时改改
We won't clean a room if a family member is using it,
有主人家在用的房间我们不打扫
but, otherwise, all restrictions are lifted.
但除此之外 没有其他限制了
No detail should be left undone, however small.
一切细节 不管多小 都要顾及到
I want every surface in this house
周四之前 这宅子里
to gleam and sparkle by Thursday.
所有地方都要亮得发光
Can I have your attention, please?
大家可以注意一下吗
Their Majesties' butler, Mr. Wilson,
陛下的管家 威尔森先生
will be coming over from Raby Castle
将从雷比城堡过来
with a lady's maid and a valet.
并会带一位贴身女仆和一位贴身男仆来
To give us our instructions?
向我们传达指示吗
With the royal servants, are we to wait on them?
那皇室仆人要我们服侍吗
That is what will be made clear.
这就得听他们怎么说了
I won't be waiting on any valets and lady's maids,
我可不要服侍贴身男仆和女仆
Before we get hot under the collar,
我们先别上火
- let's just wait and see what they have to say. - Amen.
-等等看他们怎么说嘛 -阿门
Can I help you, sir?
有什么需要吗 先生
It's really you I came to see.
我其实是来找你的
- Well, how can I help you, Mister...? - Chetwode.
-需要我做什么吗 您是... -切特伍德
Am I right you're Mr. Branson, Lord Grantham's son-in-law?
您是布兰森先生吧 格兰瑟姆伯爵的女婿
The, uh... the papers tell me the king and queen
报纸上说 国王和王后来
will be staying at Downton Abbey during their tour of Yorkshire.
约克郡期间会在唐顿庄园小住
Well, if it's in the papers, it must be true.
如果报纸上说了 那肯定是真的
Yes. Great honor.
是啊 真是荣幸
Although, as an Irishman, you may feel differently.
但作为爱尔兰人 你可能不这么觉得
I know when my parents-in-law have been paid a compliment.
我至少也知道这是对我岳父母的肯定
Well, there's to be a military parade, I gather.
而且还会进行阅兵 是吧
How do you... how do you feel about that?
你对此有什么看法
What do you mean, how do I feel?
什么意思 我有什么看法
Only you didn't say whether you support them,
你并没说你是否支持他们
the... king and queen.
国王和王后
I support Lord Grantham.
我支持格兰瑟姆伯爵
Until we meet again, Mr. Branson.
那我们后会有期了 布兰森先生
Barrow. They said you'd be in here.
巴罗 他们说你在这里
Heavens. We can still put on quite a show
天啊 很高兴有需要时
when we need to, I'm glad to see.
我们还能一展风采
Has it all been cleaned?
都清理过了吗
More or less everything's been done to a basic level, milady.
一切都多少做了个大概 小姐
But we haven't done the final buffing-up.
但最后的调整还没做
I was waiting for Their Majesties' butler.
我是在等陛下的管家
I thought I'd ask his advice on what to use on the table.
我想问问他该在桌上摆什么
Can't we decide what we lay on our own dining table?
我们自家的桌上摆什么 我们不能决定吗
Front doorbell, Mr. Barrow.
前门铃 巴罗先生
Greetings, Mr. Wilson.
你好 威尔森先生
Welcome to Downton Abbey.
欢迎来到唐顿庄园
This way, Mr. Wilson.
这边请 威尔森先生
The royal butler's terribly scary.
皇室管家好吓人
Barrow looked like a rabbit in front of a cobra.
巴罗活像看到眼镜蛇的兔子
Oh, dear. Should I go down?
天啊 需要我下去吗
They know what they're doing.
他们有数的
Do they? They're hideously behind.
是吗 他们的工作严重滞后
There's a mark on the Blue Room carpet we can't shift.
蓝房的地毯上有块弄不掉的污渍
I have no chairs for the parade.
我也没给阅兵找到椅子
And we haven't even decided on the footmen.
男仆的事也还没定下来
I'm going to have another cup, if no one's coming up to serve.
如果没人上来服侍 我自己再倒杯茶吧
Princess Mary wants us for tea tomorrow at Harewood.
玛丽公主邀请我们明天去哈伍德喝下午茶
I've got so much to do.
我还有一堆事呢
I wonder if that means the young couple
不知这是不是表示这对年轻夫妇
have taken over the big house.
住进了大宅里
They're hardly "the young couple."
他们可算不上"年轻夫妇"
Well, he isn't, anyway.
至少他不算
She always seems quite shy to me.
我一直觉得她很害羞
Is that an oxymoron?
这不自相矛盾吗
Anyway, we're going.
反正 我们要去
I will return to Raby Castle and come back to Downton
我会回雷比城堡 然后周四在陛下
in advance of Their Majesties on Thursday.
到唐顿庄园之前先赶来
But His Majesty's valet, Mr. Ellis,
但国王陛下的贴身男仆 埃利斯先生
and Her Majesty's dresser, Miss Lawton,
和王后陛下的服装师 劳顿小姐
will stay on, if that is convenient.
会住下 希望不会不便
Or they can put up in the village.
他们也可以去村里住
No, we'll find them rooms.
不 我们会给他们安排房间的
Then Monsieur Courbet, the chef...
还有主厨科贝特先生
- Mr. Courbet, the chef? - That's right.
-主厨科贝特先生吗 -对
We'd be very grateful if you could make the kitchens ready.
我们希望你能准备好厨房
So, what should I order?
那我要订购什么呢
Nothing. He will bring it all.
不用 他会把东西都带来
And we don't cook any of the food?
我们不做饭吗
Cook for the servants.
为仆人做饭就好
Monsieur Courbet won't have time for that.
科贝特先生不会有那个时间的
That is something to look forward to.
那真是值得期待呢
Calm yourself, Mrs. Patmore.
冷静点 帕特莫太太
If it's the way these things are done...
如果这是这种事的规矩...
Mrs. Webb and four footmen will arrive
韦伯太太和四位男仆会在
with Monsieur Courbet the day before.
前一天随科贝特先生到来
She is the housekeeper.
她是女管家
She will also bring two maids with her.
她还会带来两位女仆
While Their Majesties are here.
就是陛下下榻期间
They will make the beds,
她们负责铺床
clean the bathrooms-- that sort of thing.
清理浴室 什么的
So, my maids and I will not be involved in the preparations?
那我和我的女仆就不参与准备工作了吗
You mean, during the stay, you'll be the butler, and...
就是说下榻期间 你是管家
Excuse me. I am not a butler.
不好意思 我可不是管家
I am the king's Page of the Backstairs.
我是国王侍从长
So, our staff has nothing to do?
那我们的下人就无事可做吗
I'm sure they can be useful.
他们肯定能帮上忙的
But how can they eat and get dressed at Raby Castle
但如果主厨 贴身男仆 女仆都在这里
if the chef and the valet and the maid are all here?
他们要怎么在雷比城堡吃饭更衣
We have two of each.
所有仆人都有两个
The principal valet and the principal dresser
主贴身男仆和主服装师
will arrive in advance of Their Majesties,
会先于陛下赶到
who bring an equerry, a lady-in-waiting,
同行的还有掌马官 侍女
two detectives and two chauffeurs.
两位警探 和两个司机
The other chef goes from Raby to Harewood.
另一个主厨从雷比去哈伍德
Four footmen go with him, and the other four come here.
有四位男仆随他走 另外四位来这里
Do you all understand me?
你们都懂了吗
You can hardly heckle Lady Bagshaw
你总不能在王后面前
in front of the queen.
为难巴格肖夫人
Well, I'm just trying to prevent a crime.
我只是想避免犯罪
- Who says it's a crime? - I do.
-谁说这是犯罪了 -我说
Oh, and you're an expert in the matter?
你在这事上就是专家吗
I am an expert in every matter.
我在什么事上都是专家
You must have some idea
你肯定能猜到
why she doesn't want Robert as her heir.
她为何不希望罗伯特做她的继承人吧
He is her closest relative.
他是她最近的亲属
The family have held Brompton for three centuries.
布朗普顿在她家流传三个世纪了
But she wants to give it to who?
但她想捐给谁呢
Well, I would have thought
我倒以为
the family had enough to worry about.
家里要操心的事够多了
That's not the point.
那不是重点
We must try and discover her reasons.
我们得努力探明她的理由
Well, what possible reasons can there be?
能有什么理由呢
Well, that's what I intend to find out.
那就是我想知道的
- Carson. - Oh, milady.
-卡森 -小姐
I don't want to be a nuisance, but I need your help, Carson.
我不想给你添麻烦 但我需要你帮助 卡森
Barrow just isn't up to the task.
巴罗实在难担重任
- Milady? - He won't clean the silver.
-什么意思 小姐 -他不肯清理银器
- Or he won't let Andrew clean it. - What?
-或者说他不肯让安德鲁清理银器 -什么
He says the page of the... thingummy
他说那个什么侍从长
- will choose which pieces to use. - I see.
-会选择用哪件银器 -这样啊
The truth is, he's in a sort of trance.
事实上 他晕晕乎乎的
Won't you help me?
你愿意帮我吗
I feel I'm pushing a rock uphill.
我感觉自己的担子好重
I'll be there in the morning, milady. Don't you worry.
我早上就去 小姐 您别担心
You're a treasure, Carson. That's all there is to say.
你太好了 卡森 别的不说了
I'll see myself out.
我自己出去了
You could never refuse her anything.
你就是没法对她说不
And what about Mr. Barrow?
那巴罗先生怎么办
Mr. Barrow can like it or lump it.
巴罗先生要不高兴就得受着
Then I'm afraid he'll lump it.
那他肯定是得受着了
We have supper after the upstairs dinner,
我们在楼上晚餐后用餐
so you've plenty of time.
你的时间肯定够
How does it work with two valets?
两个贴身男仆怎么工作啊
Well, I prepare His Majesty's clothes
我为国王准备在唐顿穿的
and uniforms for Downton.
衣服和制服
Then, when Mr. Miller arrives,
然后等米勒先生到了
I get the stuff for Harewood ready.
我再把在哈伍德要用的东西备好
Then I head back to London and prepare for their return.
然后我回伦敦 为他们的归来做准备
So, Mr. Miller's the one who actually dresses the king?
所以是米勒先生为国王更衣
Unless he's ill. Then it's me.
除非他生病 那就是我来
I think it's rubbish. They impose, they demand,
真不像话 他们高高在上地提出要求
and now we're to be made nothing in our own house.
现在我们在自己家里却无所适从
It's very disappointing, I won't deny it.
我不否认 真是让人失望
This water's not too hot.
这水不怎么热
Have they all been having baths?
他们都在洗澡吗
Mr. Barrow, don't you think you should speak to His Lordship?
巴罗先生 你不该跟老爷说说吗
- About what? - Well, it's not right, surely,
-说什么 -这不像话吧
for us to be humiliated in this way.
我们受到这样的羞辱
Well, what could he do about it?
他又能怎样呢
Is the staff always ridden over roughshod
难道皇室下榻的时候
whenever royalty come to stay?
仆人总这样被践踏吗
Why do they bring so many servants with them?
他们干吗随身带那么多仆人
Maybe it's because they go from house to house around the county
或许是因为他们要跑遍全郡
and they need to know things are done the way they like.
所以想确保一切按他们的喜欢的方式来
As if we couldn't manage that.
难道我们就做不好吗
We're not footballs, Mr. Bates,
我们不是足球 贝茨先生
and we don't deserve a kicking.
我们不该被这样踢走
But what are we to say to Barrow?
但我们怎么跟巴罗说
After all, he's done nothing wrong.
毕竟 他没做错什么
He's done nothing at all. That's the problem.
他根本什么都没做 问题就在这里
But it feels very unfair.
但这似乎很不公平
I've sent down for Mr. Barrow to join us, milord.
我已叫人去喊巴罗先生来了 老爷
You wanted to see me, milord?
您找我 老爷
What brings you here?
您怎么来了
Well, this is the thing.
是这样的
Carson is going to move back into the house for the royal visit.
皇室下榻期间 卡森会搬回来住
You are coming back here as butler
您要回来做管家吗
when I am the butler here?
我才是管家
Yes, uh, that is...
是的 这...
Can I ask how long this has been planned, milord?
我可以问问这事谋划多久了吗 老爷
Well, I wouldn't say it's been exactly planned.
倒也说不上是谋划
Because I don't quite understand
因为我不太懂
where it leaves me.
这下我怎么办
- Well, you can be a sort of... - With your permission,
-你可以算是... -如果您允许
I'd prefer not to be a "sort of" anything, milord.
我不想"算是"什么 老爷
I will surrender my position
如果有必要
for the duration of the visit, if I must,
造访期间我会让位
and serve you again when Their Majesties have gone,
等陛下离开后 再继续为您服务
- Please don't think that... - By the way,
-请不要认为... -对了
the boiler's playing up, and there's no hot water.
锅炉出了问题 没有热水了
God, that's all we need.
天啊 这可好
Not to worry. The plumber will soon have it mended, milady,
别担心 水管工很快就能修好 小姐
and we'll bring water jugs up to the bedrooms tonight
今晚和明早我们用水壶把热水
and in the morning.
拿上楼就好
It can't be that hard.
这又不难
We did it for 300 years.
三百年来不都这么干的
Well, that went well.
真是顺利
Will you sack him?
您要解雇他吗
No. As a matter of fact, I was quite interested.
不 事实上 我还觉得挺有趣
I never thought of him as a man of principle before.
我以前可从没觉得他是个有原则的人
I'll have to tell him
我得告诉他
I'm only ordering for the servants' hall.
我只是来为仆人采购的
I'm afraid I've got his hopes up.
我恐怕是让他白抱希望了
Speak of the devil.
正说着你呢
I was just saying you'll be wanting to finalize the order.
我刚刚还说 你肯定想确认订单
Honestly, no one in the village
真的 村里的人
- can talk about anything else. - Of course.
-张口闭口都在说这个 -当然了
Oh, now, I know it's a bit of a liberty,
我知道这有点自作主张
but I've made a list of all the ingredients of your favorite dishes.
但我列出了所有你最喜欢做的菜的原料
I know them well enough after all these years.
这么多年了 我早背熟了
But some things will have to be brought in,
但有些东西还得另买
so we should really get on with it.
所以我们真得抓紧了
Well, I appreciate everything you've done, Mr. Bakewell...
我感谢你的一切努力 贝克韦尔先生
My heart is fit to burst,
我都要乐开花了
I don't mind telling you.
真的
I shall have fed the king-emperor from my own shop.
我的小店为国王陛下提供了食物
If only my father were alive.
只可惜我父亲看不到了
He'd be so proud of me. He would.
不然他肯定会很为我骄傲
Well, I-I'm sure he'd be proud of you anyway, Mr. Bakewell.
他肯定本来就为你骄傲的 贝克韦尔先生
Oh, no, no, not like this, no.
不不 这可不一样
This is the peak of my career.
这是我职业生涯的巅峰
Well, the peak of my life, really.
也是我人生的巅峰
Everyone's so jealous.
大家都好嫉妒
Oh, now, I've put ticks next to the ones I think you'll go for.
我在我觉得你会需要的东西旁打了勾
- Now, the thing is... - I'm guessing the luncheon
-是这样... -我猜午餐大概是
will be for around a dozen.
12个人左右
Of course, the dinner will be larger.
当然了 晚宴要更盛大
Let's say 30 or thereabouts?
30个人差不多吧
You'll correct me if I'm wrong.
如果我说错了请您纠正
- Well, you see... - You're not wrong, Mr. Bakewell.
-是这样... -您说对了 贝克韦尔先生
But we'll say if the numbers change.
但如果人数有变我们再告诉您
The pavlova's not realistic.
奶油水果蛋白饼不太实际
We'd be safer with a charlotte russe.
还是俄式奶油蛋糕更保险
We can do most of the work before.
大部分能提前准备
And I shall be serving!
我还能服侍他们
I've danced with a man who's danced with a girl
我跟一个跟威尔士王子跳过舞的
Who's danced with the Prince of Wales
女孩跳过舞的男人跳过舞
- I'm crazy with excitement - No. Stop it, Mr. Molesley.
-我激动疯了 -快停下 莫斯利先生
Completely off the rails.
完全乐坏了
All of my suppliers are so excited.
我的供应商都激动极了
I shall never be able to thank you enough,
我将永远对您感激不尽
not if I live to be 100.
哪怕我活到一百岁
I feel like a liar.
我觉得自己是个骗子
And lower yourself to a kitchen skivvy
让村里人把你当成卑微的
in the eyes of the village?
厨房女佣吗
Never mind ruining Mr. Bakewell's year.
更别说让贝克韦尔先生难过一年了
You'll do no such thing.
你不能这么做
No maid. No valet.
没带女仆 没带贴身男仆
We're modern folk.
我们是现代人
Nanny will take care of Marigold.
保姆会照顾玛丽戈德
And Anna can look after you.
安娜会照顾你
Just like the old days. Granny's here, and Isobel,
就像以前一样 奶奶和伊泽贝尔都来了
and we're paying a call this afternoon on Princess Mary.
我们下午还要去拜访玛丽公主
Has my new ball dress arrived?
我的新舞会裙到了吗
Not yet, but it will.
还没呢 会来的
How long have you worked for Her Majesty, Miss Lawton?
你为王后陛下工作多久了 劳顿小姐
- Six years. - How interesting.
-六年 -真有趣
I expect you're a skilled needlewoman for that job.
能担此大任 你一定是个技艺高超的女裁缝
Well, I've had no complaints.
至少没人对我的手艺有过不满
I trained under Madame Lucile.
我曾师从露西尔女士
Her Majesty wanted a professional dressmaker.
王后陛下想要个专业的裁缝
And they found you?
于是便找了你吗
My reputation found me.
是我的声名让他们找到了我
Come on, you two. It's nearly 3:00.
快点 你们两个 快3点了
We ought to get ready.
我们需要做好准备
- Will the princess be at the parade? - Thank you.
-公主会参加阅兵吗 -谢谢
- They both will. - What time are they expecting us?
-他们夫妇都会的 -我们说好几点到
I always find her rather sad, Princess Mary.
我一直觉得玛丽公主非常悲伤
Well, she is royal.
她是皇室成员
Royal women are not meant to grin like Cheshire cats.
皇室女子本就不该随意露齿大笑
Well, they don't have to look miserable.
那也不必显得惨兮兮的啊
Well, to you, she looks miserable.
是你觉得她看上去惨
To me, she looks dignified.
我觉得她看上去非常高贵
Doesn't that say it all?
这说明了很多问题 不是吗
How comforting to see you here, Carson.
看到你来了 真让我安心 卡森
What prompted you to take up the flaming sword again?
是什么促使你又肩负起了从前的重任呢
I felt I should go where I could do the most good, milady.
我觉得我该去到能发挥最大用处的地方 夫人
Wise words for all of us.
这句明智之言适用我们所有人
Her Royal Highness is here.
公主殿下在里面
The Marchioness of Hexham,
赫克瑟姆侯爵夫人
the Countess of Grantham,
格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人
the Lady Mary Talbot.
以及玛丽·塔伯特小姐
Your Royal Highness.
见过公主殿下
Please, sit down, Lady Grantham.
请坐吧 格兰瑟姆夫人
I suppose you're in turmoil because of my parents' visit.
我父母的到访一定让你们手忙脚乱吧
We don't need to explain it to you.
我们可不需要对您多说
Just don't paint anything.
不要刷新漆
They're sick of the smell of new paint.
他们很讨厌新油漆的气味
I hope it's not too late.
但愿这条忠告不算太迟
Are you living here now, ma'am?
您现在住在这里吗 殿下
No. No, we're still at Goldsborough.
不 我们还是住在戈尔兹伯勒
But Lord Harewood's not well, so...
但哈伍德伯爵的身体不太好 所以...
we've come to run the visit and the ball.
我们前来准备到访和舞会的事宜
Hello, my darlings.
你们好 亲爱的
Have you been having a lovely day?
今天开不开心啊
This is your lucky day.
今天是你的幸运日
I'm the new plumber, Tony Sellick.
我是新来的水管工 托尼·萨利克
Well, I'd better show you where the boiler is.
我带你去锅炉房吧
Where are you off to?
你去哪
This is Mr. Sellick, the plumber.
这是水管工萨利克先生
I'm taking him to the boiler house.
我带他去锅炉房
- I'll do it. - No, you're all right.
-我来带吧 -不 不用了
Just tell Mrs. Patmore where I am.
跟帕特莫太太说一声我去哪了就行
Please bring the boys on Thursday.
周四务必也把孩子们都带来
Why are the children in here?
孩子们怎么在这里
We just got back, and they wanted to...
我们刚回来 他们想...
They're not allowed in the drawing room before 6:00.
6点前他们是不允许进客厅的
- But they... - Take them upstairs.
-但他们... -带他们去楼上
And don't bring them down again tonight.
今晚别再把他们带下来了
- Yes, milord. - But they were only...
-是 老爷 -但他们只是...
- Please, Nanny? - No, we're going.
-求你了 保姆 -不行 我们得走了
You remember Lady Grantham and her daughters?
还记得格兰瑟姆夫人和她的女儿们吧
They want us to bring the boys to the parade.
她们希望我们带儿子们去参加阅兵
No. They'd only cause a ruckus.
不行 他们只会惹人烦
We were hoping you would both
我们希望你们二人
stay for dinner that night, Lord Lascelles.
当晚都能留下用餐 拉塞尔斯伯爵
No, I'm afraid not.
不 恐怕不行
I'll leave you to it.
我就不打扰你们了
Well, I suppose I better let you get started,
那你开工吧 我就不打扰了
- so I'll be on me way. - Aren't you gonna wish me luck?
-我走了 -你不打算祝我好运吗
You don't look as if you need me to wish you luck, Mr. Sellick.
看你的样子可不需要我的祝愿 萨利克先生
Or anyone else, for that matter.
也不需要任何人的祝愿
You don't know what I need.
你可不知道我需要什么
And I don't intend to find out.
我也不想知道
Do we need to cut the grass again?
需要再次修剪草坪吗
They're doing it tomorrow morning.
他们明天早上会修剪的
Hello, Mr. Branson.
你好 布兰森先生
Getting ready for Their Majesties, I see.
在为迎接国王夫妇做准备啊
That's right. This is Lord Hexham.
没错 这是赫克瑟姆侯爵
May I present Major Chetwode.
这位是切特伍德少校
Are you here for the parade?
你是来参加阅兵的吗
I am. I'm staying at the pub.
正是 我在旅馆住下了
- Milord? - Excuse me.
-侯爵大人 -失陪
Or are you here to keep an eye on me?
还是说 你其实是来盯着我的
I was rather hoping you'd be my guide for the ceremony.
我倒是希望你能带我参加仪式
Would you like a drink?
你想喝一杯吗
I'll join you in a minute.
我稍后来找你
- Who's he? - I don't really know.
-他是谁 -我也不知道
Army, perhaps. Or maybe a civil servant.
军方的人吧 也可能是公职人员
But I'll drink with him
但我会跟他一起喝酒
and try and put his mind at rest.
努力让他安下心
Maybe to make sure I'm a leopard who has changed his spots.
或许只是想确保我不再是过去的那个我了
What about you, milady?
你呢 小姐
- Is everything ready? - No.
-都准备好了吗 -没有
And my heart is pounding.
我的心跳得厉害
By the way, have you seen the silver box
对了 你看到客厅里
from the table by the fire in the drawing room?
壁炉边桌子上的那个银盒子了吗
My grandmother used to keep playing cards in it.
奶奶以前总在里面放纸牌
- Is it missing? - Yes.
-不见了吗 -是的
And so is the little cupid from the mantelshelf.
壁炉架上的小丘比特也不见了
Oh, they must have been taken downstairs for cleaning.
一定是拿到楼下去清洁了
I was just coming to you, milady.
我正要去找您 小姐
Oh, don't worry. I'm fine.
别担心 我没事
- If that's all, milady? - I suppose.
-没别的事我先告退了 小姐 -没事了
Can you manage the jug and basin?
你拿得动水壶和脸盆吗
Or are they too heavy?
还是太重了
No, no, I can do it.
不 我拿得动
Oh, how's the boiler?
锅炉怎么样了
I'm sure they'll fix it soon.
他们肯定能尽快修好
Bertie was with Tom earlier.
伯蒂刚才跟汤姆在一起
You don't think Tom would ever try to make trouble?
你说汤姆不会企图捣乱吧
Why do you say that?
你怎么会这么说
Well, Bertie says there's some army type
伯蒂说有军队的人
who has him under surveillance.
在监视他
Tom likes to shock, that's all.
汤姆喜欢吓人 仅此而已
He'd never be disloyal to this family. Never.
他绝不会背叛这个家 绝对不会
So, I said to her,
于是我跟她说
there's a little one here who still needs turning."
这里还有个小家伙需要转动呢"
Careful. Mr. Sellick,
注意点 萨利克先生
you'll make Daisy blush.
黛西听了会害羞的
Takes more than that to make me blush.
我可没那么容易害羞
- Now, get that down you. - You deserve that.
-喝了吧 -你应得的
- It's very late. - Well, I've got to get it done.
-很晚了 -我得修完
And I don't mind long hours.
而且我不介意长时间工作
I, uh, mean to build me own business,
我打算自己开店单干
and you can't do that working 9:00 to 5:00.
那就不可能朝九晚五了
These water jugs nearly killed me.
这些水壶沉死我了
How did we manage in the old days?
我们以前是怎么做到的
Well, maybe people were tougher then.
也许以前的人比较强壮
Maybe they expected less from life.
也许他们对生活的期望少一些
Well, I expect a lot from life.
我对生活可有很多期望
So do I. And I mean to have it, too.
我也是 而且我打算实现它们
Mr. Sellick's been working hard
萨利克先生为了我们
for hours for our benefit, Andy.
辛苦工作了好几个小时 安迪
Then it's time he went home.
那他该回家了
Is the savory ready?
开胃菜准备好了吗
He's right. The new pump should arrive around 9:00.
他说得对 新水泵早上9点差不多能到
- I'll be here. - So will we.
-到时我再来 -我们也会在的
That was Mama. She's in London.
刚才是妈妈打来 她在伦敦
- She's staying with Rosamund. - She can't be.
-她在罗斯孟德家留宿 -不可能吧
She was here for lunch. She didn't say anything.
她跟我们一起吃午饭时可只字未提
She went up this afternoon.
她今天下午去的
She'll be back tomorrow, so I've asked her to come for tea.
她明天就回来 所以我邀请了她来喝茶
You must persuade her to leave Maud Bagshaw alone.
你务必劝她别去纠缠莫德·巴格肖
I don't believe even Mama
我想就算是妈妈
will pick a quarrel in front of the king.
也不会在国王面前寻衅吧
I wonder if he can come early.
不知道他能否早点来
I am a bit. Are you?
有一点 你呢
Would it be common to admit it?
如果我承认会不会很庸俗
Not to an American.
对美国人来说不会
Here we go, Mr. Carson.
他们到了 卡森先生
I am Monsieur Courbet.
我是科贝特先生
And this is Mrs. Webb, the housekeeper.
这位是女管家 韦伯太太
and it'll take you into the kitchen courtyard.
就能走到厨房院子
I said, I am Monsieur Courbet,
我说了 我是科贝特先生
chef to Their Majesties.
国王王后陛下的主厨
Well done, Charlie.
干得好 查理
Always start as you mean to go on.
一开始就奠定了基调
This way, gentlemen.
这边请 先生们
- Miss Lawton? - I was just looking round.
-劳顿小姐 -我就是到处看看
It's a beautiful house.
这庄园很美
You've seen many that are finer.
你见过很多更美的
That's what I came for.
我是来拿手套的
But we shouldn't be in here, really.
但我们其实不该进这屋
Prepare for your battle with the barbarians.
准备好与野蛮人作战
You. Uh, where can I put this?
你 这个放哪里
We've cleared some space in the scullery.
我们在洗涤室腾出了一些空间
And that cupboard.
还有那个橱柜
What a lot of fuss over nothing.
真是小题大做
Well, where's our order from Mr. Bakewell?
跟贝克韦尔先生订的东西呢
Well, how did you manage it?
你一个人怎么做到的
A gardener helped me carry everything in, so no one saw.
一个园丁帮我搬进来的 没让人看见
I suppose you could sell the lot
或许可以卖掉这些东西
and use the money to pay Mr. Bakewell.
然后拿得来的钱付给贝克韦尔先生
Don't worry. They can eat it gradual
别担心 等客人走了
when the visit's over.
他们能慢慢吃完
It's done, Mrs. Patmore.
弄好了 帕特莫太太
The new pump's installed.
新水泵装好了
Hail the conquering hero.
大英雄万岁
It's Mrs. Hughes you should be telling.
你该告诉休斯太太
Or Mr. Carson. Not them.
或卡森先生 而不是她们
It's all right, Mr. Sellick.
没关系 萨利克先生
We'll see the news gets through. Thanks.
我们会转告他们 谢谢你
I would not feed it to my dog!
我都不会喂给我的狗吃
But I don't need your help, Mrs. Hughes.
但我不需要你帮忙 休斯太太
I just want to know where Their Majesties are sleeping
我就想知道国王王后陛下睡哪
so Miss Stinson can prepare the rooms.
好让斯廷森小姐准备好房间
Then I will show you, Mrs. Webb,
那我带你去 韦伯太太
because, without my help,
因为如果没有我帮你
you will not find them.
你是找不到地方的
Is it always like this?
这种事总这样吗
A royal visit is like a swan on a lake.
皇室造访就像湖上的天鹅
Grace and serenity above, demented kicking down below.
上面看是优雅和平静 下面得拼命划水
I wish I could get away.
我真想偷个闲
I've got tomorrow night off when Mr. Miller arrives.
等米勒先生到了 我明晚能放假
Told my mum I'd look in.
我还说好去看妈妈
Why don't you come to York with me?
你跟我一起去约克吧
- We could have a drink. - You should go.
-我们喝一杯 -你去吧
- You're not on duty. - That settles it, then.
-你又不用当班 -那就说定了
I'll come find you when I'm released.
等我没事了来找你
We can borrow a car.
我们可以借辆车
Mrs. Webb, I am the housekeeper here.
韦伯太太 我是这里的女管家
You are not housekeeper so long as
只要国王陛下住在这里
His Majesty is under this roof.
你就不是女管家
Yes, but he's not here yet, is he?
是 但他不是还没来呢吗
It's like living in a factory.
简直像住在了工厂里
It reminds me of our days
让我想起了战时
as a convalescent home during the war.
这里做疗养院的时候
although I always feel guilty saying so.
但这么说总让我有些不好意思
- Daddy's in the village. - Again?
-爸爸去村里了 -又去了
What's he playing at?
他干什么呢
I saw Tom looking very stern as I came up the drive.
我从车道走过来时 看到汤姆一脸严肃
I hope he's not building a bomb.
希望他不是在造炸弹
Many a true word is spoken in jest.
很多玩笑一语成谶呢
We think he's being tailed by Special Branch.
我们认为他被政治保安处盯梢了
- Mama, how was London? - Oh, fine. Fine.
-妈妈 伦敦如何 -还好
What were you there for?
您去做什么
- Oh, various things. - But you hate London.
-就些事呗 -但您讨厌伦敦
Whoever told you that?
谁说的
Now, when do you want me tomorrow?
明天你要我什么时候来
12:00 at the latest.
最迟不超过12点
They arrive at half past.
他们12:30到
But, Mama, you must promise not to attack Maud Bagshaw.
但妈妈 您可得保证不攻击莫德·巴格肖
Well, I can't ignore her.
我不能无视她
- She is my cousin. - Exactly.
-她是我亲戚呢 -就是啊
Greet her as a cousin, and leave it at that.
像对亲戚那样打招呼 然后就别再多说了
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
But even if she has left everything to an outsider, what could we do?
但即便她把财产都留给了外人 我们又能如何
But how could you know that? And how would you prove it?
您怎么可能知道 又怎么能证明
We'd find a friendly judge.
我们找个关系好的法官
Friendly or corrupt?
关系好 还是腐败
Whichever does the trick.
只要能成功就行
Are you here for dinner, Mama? It's a buffet.
您留下吃晚饭吗 妈妈 是自助餐
Well, I'm not changed.
我没换衣服
We won't change, either,
我们也不换的
so you just need to take off your hat.
您摘了帽子就行
You talk as if that were easy.
你怎么说的那么轻巧
Where's the paper knife,
我的裁纸刀呢
the silver one with my regimental crest?
银的那把 有我军团饰章的
They won't help tonight, apparently.
他们今晚不帮忙
They won't lift a finger.
什么都不做
But then, my food is only fit for servants.
不过话说回来 我做的饭只能给仆人吃嘛
Well, at least your young hero seems to have sorted out the water.
至少你那位年轻英雄把热水修好了
He's not my hero.
他才不是我的英雄
Yes. Why did you call him that?
是啊 你为什么那么说他
Oh, it was just a joke.
就是开玩笑的
- But why's it funny? - Oh, Andy, leave it.
-哪里好笑了 -安迪 行了
But this is a rabbit hutch.
这就是个兔笼
Don't look at me, Mr. Courbet.
别看我 科贝特先生
You couldn't swing a cat in my room.
我的房间小的都丢不开猫
Gentlemen, please. I'm sure you'll find...
先生们 行了 你们肯定会...
I will have a bath, and then I will decide.
我要洗个澡 然后再做决定
Perhaps I will find a hotel.
或许我可以找家旅馆
Where can we eat? Somewhere apart?
我们在哪吃饭 单独的地方
Why not in the servants' hall?
去仆人休息室吃吧
We never eat with the resident staff.
我们从不跟本户仆人一起吃
- Excuse me. - The water's cold.
-借过 -水是冷的
Th-This is impossible.
真难以置信
We can't stay here with no hot water.
没有热水我们不能住这里
- Are you crazy? - But the boiler was fixed today.
-你疯了吗 -锅炉今天才修好的
It was hot an hour ago.
一小时前还是热的呢
Well, it's cold now.
反正现在凉了
Why are you here again, Mr. Carson?
您是来干什么的来着 卡森先生
So you could keep control when I would fail?
因为我控制不好局面 所以来顶替我吗
Was that it? I-I forget.
是这样吗 我忘了
You... Mr. Barrow, would you mind?
你...巴罗先生 可以吗
I'm not on duty, Mr. Carson. You are.
当班的不是我 卡森先生 是你
Since you are in my room, sitting at my desk,
因为你在我的房间 坐在我的桌前
it is for me to ask what you want.
该我问你 你想要什么
Nothing from you.
不需要你做什么
that I have been in charge of Downton for many years.
我可在唐顿主持事务很多年了
Mr. Carson, you are a retired servant
卡森先生 你是一栋地方小宅的
in a minor provincial house,
退休仆人
serving an undistinguished family.
为一户普通人家服务
Your history is of no interest to me.
你的过往我丝毫不感兴趣
Now, if you will excuse me.
失陪了
So, what would you like me to do?
那你要我做什么
I would like you to find a good book
我要你找本好书
and read it until we leave.
在我们走前 就好好看书
Mr. Carson, you'd better come and see this.
卡森先生 您得来看看
It's well and truly damaged.
坏的很彻底
- Can you mend it in time? - Oh, yeah.
-你能及时修好吗 -能
But somebody should tell them
但得有人告诉他们
someone wanted to wreck the royal visit.
有人想给皇室造访捣乱
They ought to know.
他们得知道
- Has the dress arrived? - Not yet.
-裙子到了吗 -还没呢
- What am I going to wear? - Carson, what is it?
-我要穿什么啊 -卡森 怎么了
Some folding chairs...
一些折叠椅
well, a great many chairs have been delivered, milady.
是一大堆椅子被送来了 小姐
They're at the back door.
在后门呢
Anna thought you should be told at once.
安娜觉得该马上告诉您
She's right. They're for the parade,
对 是给阅兵准备的
and we'll have to set them out tonight.
我们得今晚摆好
There'll be no time tomorrow.
明天根本没时间
The villagers will start arriving from 9:00 onwards.
村民9点就会开始到了
I'm not sure fate is on our side.
命运可能并不垂青我们呢
Have we let her take on too much?
我们是不是让她承担太多了
Yes, you're right. Come on.
是啊 走吧
We should lend her a hand.
我们去帮帮她
Well, you can't go out in this.
这么大的雨你不能出去
Remember to pray for us, mainly for better weather.
记得替我们祈祷 主要是祈祷天气好转
I'll put in a word.
我会说句好话的
Of course, little Mary could
不管 小玛丽
hammer in a tent peg with her teeth.
能用牙钉帐篷桩呢
I wonder who she got that from.
不知她这份狠劲是随谁
You know, I'm always surprised when you praise me.
你赞美我时 我总感到惊讶
I'm surprised to hear that I have.
你认为我赞美过你让我惊讶
As if things aren't bad enough without a thunderstorm.
本来就狼狈 雷暴雨还来添乱
We'll manage. I've roped in Mr. Molesley,
我们能行的 我叫来了莫斯利先生
and Andy's gone for the truck.
安迪去开货车了
But, well, Mr. Bates can't help.
但 贝茨先生帮不上忙
And Mr. Barrow has vanished.
巴罗先生则不见人影
Ditto. Lord Hexham's out looking for Mr. Branson.
我这边也是 赫克瑟姆侯爵去找布兰森先生了
We'll have to do our best without them.
我们只能自己尽力了
You're not going yourself?
您不是要自己去吧
Well, how else will they know what to do?
不然谁指挥他们
Then I'll fetch our coats.
那我去拿大衣
Well, you don't have to come.
你不用来的
I'll just tell Mr. Bates where I've gone.
我去告诉贝茨先生我要去哪
You're a good friend to me, Anna.
你真是我的好朋友 安娜
I hope we're good friends to each other, milady.
我希望我们是彼此的好朋友 小姐
- This should be the last of them. - Great.
-应该就这些了 -好
Okay, give me that, Mr. Molesley.
那个给我 莫斯利先生
- Can you chuck us the rope? - Here you go.
-能把绳子丢给我吗 -给
- Tie it down, make sure it's tight. - Here we are.
-系好了 系牢了 -我们来了
- All set and ready. - Oh, Papa,
-都准备好了 -爸爸
Dickie, you're so kind. But are you sure?
迪基 你们太好了 但真的没事吗
You'll be soaked to the skin and filthy.
你们要湿透脏死的
Well, what's that to us? We're hunting men.
这对我们不算什么 我们可是打猎的人
- Come on. - You don't need to come, my dear.
-走吧 -你就不用来了 亲爱的
We can manage it between us.
交给我们就行
Of course I'm coming.
我当然得去
Cheer up, Molesley.
开心点 莫斯利
The villagers and guests will watch from both sides of the dais.
村民和来宾将从讲台两边观礼
And there'll be seats at the front kept for the family.
前面会给家里人留座位
- I'll join you there. - I suppose so.
-我跟你一起坐在那里 -好吧
We'll meet in the high street where we planned.
我们按说好的在主街碰面
Don't bring anyone. Come on your own.
别带别人来 自己来
It's all ridiculous, of course.
真是荒唐
It's a lot of fuss over nothing.
就是小题大做
I thought you were here to check
我以为你是来确保
I didn't do anything foolish and spoil things.
我不会做什么蠢事闹不愉快
- In what way? - I don't know.
-怎么说 -我不知道
Throw eggs or wave a banner or shout.
丢鸡蛋 挥横幅 或喊话
But I'm starting to wonder about you.
但我开始怀疑你了
I don't throw eggs.
我不丢鸡蛋
- Have another? - Yes.
-再来吗 -好
- Same again, please. - Right you are, sir.
-再来一样的 谢谢 -好的 先生
We'll bring a special chair up
早餐过后我们再搬来
for the queen after breakfast
专给王后准备的椅子
when, hopefully, it will have stopped raining.
希望到时雨已经停了
I shall carry it myself, milord.
我亲自搬 老爷
- Well, what about the king? - Well, he'll be on his horse.
-那国王呢 -他会骑马的
But suppose it's still raining?
但如果还在下雨呢
God will make it stop.
上帝会让雨停的
Has he been in the pub the whole evening?
他一晚上都在酒吧吗
Well, the day has dawned,
天光大亮
and the weather proves conclusively that God is a monarchist.
看这天气 上帝绝对是君主主义者
Who could doubt it, milady?
谁都不会怀疑的 小姐
Just need a minute to catch my breath.
就是需要点时间喘匀气
welcome to Downton Abbey.
欢迎来到唐顿庄园
We're glad to be here, Lady Grantham.
我们很高兴能来 格兰瑟姆夫人
You remember Lord Grantham's mother.
您还记得格兰瑟姆伯爵的母亲吧
Hello, Lady Grantham.
你好 老格兰瑟姆夫人
Oh, can I help you?
需要我帮你吗
Someone must, sir, or I... I may never rise again.
我是需要帮助 先生 否则我要起不来了
My daughter, Lady Mary Talbot.
我女儿 玛丽·塔伯特夫人
The Marquess and Marchioness of Hexham.
赫克瑟姆侯爵和夫人
Mr. Tom Branson.
汤姆·布兰森先生
Lord and Lady Merton.
默顿伯爵和夫人
This is kind of you,
多谢你了
- Lord Grantham. - Oh, not at all.
-格兰瑟姆伯爵 -您太客气了
It is a great honor.
这是我们的殊荣
I'm sure you know,
您肯定已经知道
but Princess Mary and Lord Lascelles
但玛丽公主和拉塞尔斯伯爵
will be joining us for luncheon and the parade.
会跟我们一起共进午餐 参观阅兵
They're both coming?
他们都来吗
As far as I'm aware.
据我所知是的
Please forget I said that.
忘记我刚刚的话吧
Said what, ma'am?
您说什么了 陛下
- Cousin Maud. - Violet.
-莫德堂亲 -维奥蕾特
Are we going to kiss?
我们不行亲吻吗
I'm glad you want to kiss me.
我很高兴你还想亲我
It wasn't quite what you said when I last heard from you.
我上次收到你消息时 你可不是这个口风
Wasn't quite how I felt when I wrote.
我写信时也确实不想
Can I help you at all?
需要我帮忙吗
Thanks. The others all shot off,
谢谢 其他人都走了
and I'm not sure if this is the right way.
我不确定我是不是走对了
What's your part in this circus?
你是做什么的
I'm Lady Bagshaw's maid.
我是巴格肖夫人的女仆
Well, then it's this door.
那是这扇门了
You just ask for Mrs. Hughes.
你找休斯太太就好
- She'll look after you. - Thank you.
-她会照顾你的 -谢谢
Oh, have you tasted the water?
你尝过水了吗
Only for body. Never for drinking.
只能洗漱 不能饮用
This has just arrived for Lady Edith.
这是寄给伊迪丝小姐的
Lady Hexham these days, Mr. Bates, but...
是赫克瑟姆夫人了 贝茨先生 但...
Thank you, Albert. It's a relief.
谢谢 艾伯特 真松了口气
I want the milk now.
马上给我牛奶
I want the egg yolks now.
蛋黄
I want the olive oil now.
橄榄油
And I want the vanilla pod now.
还有香草荚
He wants a clip around the ear... now.
他该马上挨一耳光
Careful, Mrs. Patmore.
注意点 帕特莫太太
Right. Who's taking this up? Mr. Molesley?
好 谁端上去 莫斯利先生
There's no need for you to meddle, Mrs. Hughes.
您不必插手 休斯太太
- We will see to it. - Meddle?
-我们会处理的 -插手
I don't believe I'm meddling in my own house, thank you.
我在自己家里可不算"插手" 谢谢
- You take that one. - But it's not your house, is it?
-你把那个端上去 -但这不是你家 是吧
So, would you like to go and sit down?
你要不要去坐下
- Now, just a minute. - Uh, you leave those.
-你给我等等 -你别管了
For heaven's sake, go after them.
老天 去追他们
I really must protest. My staff are...
我得提出抗议 我的手下...
Keep them down here, Mr. Carson.
让他们待在这下面 卡森先生
That goes for you, too.
你也是
Stay out of our way.
别碍我的事
You've seen Their Majesties. Let it be enough.
你们已经见到陛下了 知足吧
- Excuse me. - Wait a minute.
-干什么 -等等
What-what are you playing at?
你们在干什么
Things seem calmer in the north.
北部的情况似乎平静了一些
You mean after the strike, sir?
您是指罢工的事吗 先生
Yes, if calmer means more resigned.
是啊 如果平静是顺从的意思
I'm not sure what the future holds.
我不确定未来会如何
And you, Lady Grantham.
您呢 格兰瑟姆老夫人
Were you affected by the general strike?
您受到大罢工的影响了吗
Well, my maid was rather curt with me while it was on, sir.
罢工期间 我的女仆对我挺粗鲁的 先生
But, you know, she is a communist at heart.
但她心底里是个共产主义者
So I suppose it was only to be expected.
所以大概也不奇怪
Wasn't the princess joining us?
公主不来吗
Lord Lacelles has been held up by something.
拉塞尔斯伯爵被什么事耽搁了
but they are planning to come for the parade.
但他们是打算来参加阅兵的
I imagine the servants' bedrooms are quite pleasant here.
这里的仆人卧室不错吧
Why? Are you worried for your maid?
怎么 您担心您的女仆吗
Lucy is more of a companion than a maid.
比起女仆 露西更多是位伴侣
I'd hate for her to be uncomfortable.
我不希望她不舒服
I really have to go.
我真的得走了
You can't embarrass Mama.
你不能让妈妈难堪
I'm sorry, but you must wait until we stand.
抱歉 但你得等到我们离席
Lord Hexham, how is Northumberland?
赫克瑟姆侯爵 诺森伯兰郡如何了
As beautiful as ever, sir.
还是一如既往的美丽 先生
Can it spare you, do you think?
你离开那里能行吗
Well, that was humiliating.
真是羞辱人
Well, we might as well all go for a walk.
我们都去散步得了
We cannot challenge the way
我们不能改变
a royal visit is conducted, Mrs. Patmore.
皇室造访的一贯规矩 帕特莫太太
Why don't we all meet back here after the parade?
阅兵结束后 我们回这里见吧
there must be no trouble or disloyal tomfoolery of any kind.
绝不能有任何麻烦 或不忠的愚蠢行为
We'll meet in the wine cellar.
我们去酒窖见
Now, I'm walking to Mr. Bakewell's,
我要去贝克韦尔先生那里
- if you've any errands. - No.
-你有事要我代办吗 -没有
- we should get moving. - Of course, sir.
-我们该走了 -好的 先生
- Yes. - Here we go.
-好 -走咯
- Ma'am. - I'm so looking forward to this.
-陛下 -我好期待
- Okay. - Good lunch, I thought.
-好 -这顿午饭还不错
What was the king saying earlier? I couldn't hear.
国王之前说了什么 我没听清
He's planning a tour for the Prince of Wales next March.
他计划明年3月安排威尔士王子出行
It'll take in most of the African colonies
要把大部分非洲殖民地走一遍
- and finish in Cape Town. - And he wants you to go?
-最后到开普敦 -他要你去吗
He thinks I'm a steadying influence.
他觉得我能稳住他
How long would you be away?
你要走多久
About three months.
大概三个月
I can't believe my luck. Can you?
我真是太走运了 你说呢
I think we're parked around the back.
车好像停在了后面
What on earth are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
I might ask you the same question.
我还想问你呢
Go back, or you'll ruin things.
快回去 不然你会坏事的
Isn't that what you're doing?
你不是就想坏事吗
You don't know what I'm doing.
你什么都不知道
- Who's this? - This is my sister-in-law,
-这是谁 -我的大姨子
Lady Mary Talbot.
玛丽·塔伯特夫人
I told you to come alone.
我叫你一个人来的
- Tom! - Get the gun!
-汤姆 -拿枪
- Hold still. - Got him?
-别动 -抓住了吗
Calm down. You're not going anywhere.
冷静下来 你别想跑了
- Hold still. - Are you all right, sir?
-别动 -你没事吧 先生
- High treason, that is. - Your Ladyship?
-叛国罪 -夫人
Why are you even here?
你们怎么跑来的
I didn't suspect him myself until last night.
我也是到昨晚才怀疑起了他
How was I to know you'd given up on a free Ireland?
我怎么会知道你放弃了爱尔兰的自由
Isn't it free now?
它现在不自由吗
Not with the bloody Crown around its neck!
被王权踩着脖子叫什么自由
- Take him away. - All right, sir.
-带他走 -好 先生
I'm not impressed you all decided
我可不喜欢你们都认定了
I was a royal assassin.
我企图行刺皇室
It was really the others.
是其他人这么想
If you'll follow us to the station.
请您跟我们去趟警局
Why didn't you tell us?
你怎么没告诉我们
I thought he'd come to check up on me
我原以为他是来查我的
and didn't want to drag you into it.
就不想把你们卷进来
I assumed he'd back off
我以为我跟他喝杯酒
if I answered his questions and met him for a drink.
好好回答他的问题 他就会放过我
But last night at the pub,
但昨晚在酒吧
I realized he wanted to use me to get close to the king.
我意识到他是想利用我接近国王
We thought you'd miss it.
我们以为你们不来了
I was just in time.
这不正赶上了
I don't know why I bothered.
真不知我何必来
the Yorkshire Hussars are formed up, ready
约克郡轻骑兵已列队完毕
and awaiting your inspection.
等待您的检阅
He's not feeling well.
他不太舒服
Wasn't he out shooting yesterday?
他昨天不还去打猎了吗
- What do you want me to say? - Nothing.
-您要我说什么 -什么都不用说
You have to let me leave him.
您得允许我离开他
We will not talk about it now.
我们现在不谈这个
Is that your maid?
那是你的女仆吗
That's right. Lucy.
没错 露西
Don't you call her by her surname?
你不称呼她的姓氏吗
She's been with me so long.
她跟我很久了
- He seemed so English. - And so he was.
-他看上去很像英格兰人 -他以前是的
A pillar of the establishment,
曾是政府人员
until the notion of Irish independence
但爱尔兰独立的念头
took him over to the other side.
让他站到了另一边
That's where I came in.
于是打起了我的主意
He'd heard my sympathies lay with Ireland and the republic.
他听说我心里向着爱尔兰和共和党
Not at any cost.
也不是不顾一切的
I'm a law-and-order man these days.
我现在是个顾及法律秩序的人
That's what you lot have done to me.
那是你们对我的改造
So, will there be a great splash
这事会在报纸上
all over the newspapers?
被大肆报道吗
Oh, no. You'll find there isn't a whisper about this anywhere.
不 你会发现此事完全不会传开
An establishment cover-up.
政府掩盖
I don't believe in conspiracy theories.
我不相信阴谋论
- Do you... do you write? - I try.
-你写作吗 -尽量吧
Miss Smith. Did Mrs. Hughes sort you out?
史密斯小姐 休斯太太给你安排好了吧
And have you enjoyed the parade?
你喜欢阅兵吗
Do you work at the house?
你在家里干活儿吗
I sell cars, and I help with the estate.
我卖车 并帮忙打理地产
Lord Grantham is my father-in-law.
格兰瑟姆伯爵是我的岳父
Oh, I do beg your pardon, sir.
真抱歉了 先生
Oh, no, please, let me explain.
没事 容我解释
I started here as a chauffeur.
我起初是这里的司机
You must be Lady Sybil's husband.
你就是茜玻小姐的丈夫吧
Lady Bagshaw and I followed the story.
巴格肖夫人和我知道你们的事
We were so sad when she died.
她死时我们好难过
How long ago was it?
那是多久以前了
Seven years, or nearly.
快七年了
- My God. - I'm sorry.
-天啊 -真抱歉
- It's still painful. - Not in that way.
-还很心痛吧 -也不算
It doesn't hurt anymore, but it's still there.
虽然不心痛了 但还在心里
- Can I ask you something? - Of course.
-可以问你件事吗 -当然
Was it hard, coming up like that?
你觉得难吗 改变地位
Joining the family.
成为这家的人
Between my old world and the new one,
夹在我的旧世界和新世界之间
sometimes I didn't know who I was.
有时让我搞不清自己的身份
I came to terms with it.
我已经接受了
Quickly, everyone. Quick.
大家快点
Come on. Quickly, Mr. Barrow.
快来 巴罗先生
Can somebody tell me what's going on? Anna?
谁告诉我到底怎么回事 安娜
What are we all doing down here?
我们在这下面干什么
Go inside. They can't hear us in there.
进去 在那里他们听不到
This is most improper.
这太不成体统了
Yes, why-why have you got us all here?
你叫我们来这里干什么
- Yeah. - I will tell you.
-是啊 -听我说
Mr. Bates and I...
贝茨先生和我
we want to defend Downton's honor.
我们想维护唐顿的尊严
Would you like a repeat of how you were all treated at luncheon?
你们想再次遭受午餐时的对待吗
No, I bloody well would not.
不 我当然不想
Andrew, there are ladies present.
安德鲁 当着女士怎么说话呢
We think we should fight back.
我们觉得我们该反抗
I don't like the sound of this.
我不喜欢这口气
I do not like this at all.
我完全不喜欢
We are going to clear the way so you cook and serve dinner
我们要扫清障碍 让你们能够
for the king and queen at Downton Abbey.
在唐顿庄园为国王和王后做饭 服侍他们
Well, oh, my God, is this a revolution?
天啊 这是革命吗
Shall I fetch the pitchforks?
要我去拿干草叉吗
No, we're serious, Mr. Moseley.
我们说真的 莫斯利先生
But do you know what Mr. Courbet's brought in for tonight?
但你知道科贝特先生今晚拿了什么来吗
Mm, never mind that. We've got our own supplies.
别管那个了 我们自有原料
And you can leave Mr. Courbet to me.
科贝特先生就交给我吧
What do you want us to do?
你要我们做什么
Don't bother with the maids and valets.
别管那些女仆和贴身男仆
We've no quarrel with them.
我们跟他们没仇没怨
But we need to get rid of the royal butler for the night.
但我们今晚得支开皇室管家
The Page of the Backstairs,
是侍从长
if you don't mind, Mr. Bates.
别说错了 贝茨先生
And the footmen need to be out of commission
男仆也得被支开
from 7:00 until you finish serving them.
从7点到你们结束侍餐
Well, what can we do about 'em?
我们怎么支开他们
Well, we could lock them in the attic.
我们可以把他们锁在阁楼里
Any more talk like that,
再说这种话
and we'll all end up in Botany Bay.
我们都要被流放了
being pushed around and passed over
被威尔森先生欺负
and told to stay down here by Mr. Wilson?
忽视 被他呵斥待在楼下吗
I will play no active part in this.
我绝不要主动参与此事
Well, suppose His Majesty sees
万一被陛下发现了
what's going on and is displeased.
我们的小动作 惹他不高兴了呢
Why? Do you think I'm not capable of cooking a decent dinner?
怎么 你觉得我做不好一顿体面的晚宴吗
Oh, no, of course not. But-but I...
当然不是 但是...
I'll see to the footmen.
男仆交给我
What are you going to do?
你打算做什么
So, does this mean we're back on duty after all?
那我们又恢复工作了吗
- Me and Mr. Moseley? - And Albert as well.
-我和莫斯利先生 -还有艾伯特
You know where to find the state liveries.
你们知道高级号服在哪
- Well, come on, Daisy. - Will I pour wine
-走吧 黛西 -我能为
for the queen's sweet lips?
王后的朱唇倒酒吗
Any more of that, and we'll lock you in the attic.
再犯傻 我们就把你锁在阁楼里
I don't know why you're bothering.
真不知你何必这么激动
What about that Mrs. Webb
那个韦伯太太呢
who keeps telling us she's the housekeeper?
总说她才是女管家
Don't you worry about Mrs. Webb.
你别担心韦伯太太了
I am more than a match for Mrs. Webb.
她才不是我的对手
I still don't know how you're going to manage Mr. Courbet.
我还是不知道你打算怎么对付科贝特先生
Well, there's, um...
这个嘛...
I'm just going upstairs to lie down.
我要去楼上躺会儿
Can you get things ready for when I come back?
我回来时 你能把一切准备好吧
When will that be, O Mighty One?
你什么时候回来 大老爷
Wake me in half an hour
半小时后
if I'm not already in the kitchen.
如果我还没下来 去叫我
Tell us about your maid.
跟我们说说你的女仆
Lucy is the daughter of...
露西的父亲
David's army servant, Jack Smith.
是大卫军队的仆人 杰克·史密斯的女儿
And, like my husband, he died in the Boer Wars.
他跟我丈夫都死在了布尔战争战场
So you looked after his child?
于是你就照顾起了他的孩子
Lucy had no mother, you see.
露西没有妈妈
So I gave her a home.
我就给了她个家
That's very generous.
真是好心
Generosity that has been amply returned, I can assure you.
相信我 这份好心得到了她尽心报答了
You don't sound very glad.
听上去言不由衷啊
I thought everyone was in the drawing room.
我以为大家都在客厅里
I've been dodging it, I'm afraid.
恐怕我在回避他们呢
I suppose I ought to get back.
我想我该回去了
Can I get someone for you?
需要我替你叫谁来吗
You're the widower of the youngest daughter, aren't you?
你是这家小女儿的鳏夫 对吧
I've heard of you, Mister...
我听说过你 你叫...
but I'm no good at that sort of thing.
但我不擅长这种事
Well, I suppose you can't be expected to know everyone.
你也不可能认得每一个人
Did you enjoy the parade?
你觉得阅兵精彩吗
I'm afraid I missed it completely.
恐怕我完全错过了
- What a shame. - Well, to be honest,
-真可惜 -说实话
I'm not much of a royalist.
我不算是保皇党
Although I probably shouldn't say that out loud.
虽然我不应该大声说出来
Certainly not to a stranger.
更不应该对陌生人说
That seems odd, as the Crawleys
这好奇怪 因为如有必要
would die for the Crown if they had to.
卡劳利家的人愿为国王献出生命
You can love people you disagree with.
你可以爱跟你有分歧的人
They're decent at the core.
他们本质很正派
People can be decent at the core but very difficult to live with.
有些人本质正派 但很难一起生活
And they're silly, too, and snobbish at times.
他们有时也会犯傻 势利
And I wouldn't give tuppence for their politics.
我一点也不赞同他们的政见
But I've learned to be happy with all of that.
但我已经能欣然接受那一切了
they're my daughter's family.
他们是我女儿的家人
And she lives here?
她住在这儿吗
I nearly took her away once.
有一次我差点带她走了
But she belongs here now.
但她现在属于这里
I spent so much of my life not belonging anywhere.
我人生曾有很长一段时间不属于任何地方
That's important to me.
那对我来说很重要
I suppose, in the end,
我想归根结底
it's deciding what's important, isn't it?
还是得决定什么才是最重要的 对吗
You've given me a great deal to think about, Mr. Branson.
你给了我很多值得思考的事 布兰森先生
Good things, I hope.
希望是好事
That may be so, but...
也许吧 但是
now we must go in.
现在我们必须进去了
And you leave in the morning.
而且你明早就出发
I wonder if we might have a talk later.
我们晚点能谈谈吗
We'll find a cozy spot.
找个舒适的地方
And Robert can join us.
罗伯特也来加入我们
I won't be interrogated, Violet.
我不想被盘问 维奥莱特
Please, don't miss the chance to settle things between you.
请别错过解决你们矛盾的机会
But now I must go.
但现在我得走了
That was helpful. Thank you.
你帮了我 谢谢你
Well, I told you I wanted to help.
我跟你说了我想帮忙
Well, thanks to you, we have her cornered.
多亏了你 她这下无处可逃了
There's a telephone call for you.
有人打电话找你
But, Sir Harry, they wouldn't get to London until 9:00.
但是 哈里爵士 他们9点才能到伦敦
The ball at Clarence House won't start till 10:00.
克拉伦斯府的舞会10点才开始
What ball at Clarence House?
克拉伦斯府的什么舞会
The Duke of Connaught's.
康诺特公爵办的
What are you playing at, Wilson?
你到底在搞什么名堂 威尔森
I'm not questioning you, sir,
我不是在质疑您 先生
not if it's what the Duke of Connaught wishes.
既然这是康诺特公爵的意思
But how do I manage here?
但我这里该怎么办
Don't they have footmen at Downton?
唐顿庄园没有男仆吗
Yes, there are footmen. But won't His Majesty...
有男仆 但国王陛下不会...
His Majesty won't give a tinker's cuss!
国王陛下才不在乎
Of course, Sir Harry. At once.
好 哈里爵士 我马上去办
Everything all right, Mr. Wilson?
没出什么事吧 威尔森先生
I need to see my footmen
我需要见我的男仆
and the house footmen and the hall boy.
庄园的男仆 以及门童
when is the next train to London?
下一班去伦敦的火车是何时
I hope it's not bad news.
希望不是坏消息
Very irregular, indeed.
非常不合常规
I'll get drummed out of the regiment if they ever find out.
如果他们发现了 会把我赶走的
Well, you sounded convincing to me.
反正我觉得你听起来毫无破绽
Oh, I'm very good at doing Sir Harry Barnston,
我很擅长模仿哈里·巴恩斯顿爵士
I can assure you.
我可以向你保证
What if Mr. Wilson rings back?
如果威尔森先生打回去怎么办
No one queries Sir Harry's orders.
没人敢质疑哈里爵士的命令
Well, then they'd uncover the trick.
那他们就会发现这是骗局
But they couldn't trace it back to me.
但他们不会知道是我干的
Right. Shall we go into York?
好了 我们去约克吧
Sorry to miss out on the fun, in a way.
错失乐趣 有点遗憾呢
Where shall I wait for you when you're with your parents?
你和父母见面时 我该在哪等你
Did you manage to speak to someone?
你联系到人了吗
I got hold of Madame Seymour's assistant.
我联系上了西摩女士的助手
They've sent you the wrong one.
他们寄错了裙子
It's similar in style but not, as you can see, in size.
款式类似 但是 如您所见 尺寸不同
Well, where's my dress now?
那我的裙子现在在哪
On its way to New York.
在去纽约的路上
Well, that's that, then.
那就没办法了
Everything's going wrong for me today.
我今天事事不顺
- Milady? - Oh. Never mind.
-小姐 -不说了
How are things downstairs? Any better?
楼下的情况怎么样 好点了吗
A bit better, yes, milady.
好点了 小姐
In fact, I ought to be getting back.
事实上 我该回去了
The painted glass that used to sit by my bed,
我床前以前放的彩色玻璃杯
was it broken while I was away?
是我不在时打坏了吗
Leave it with me, milady.
交给我吧 小姐
You wouldn't mind a fitting later tonight, would you?
你今晚稍后可以试衣吗
I don't understand. Who with?
我不明白 跟谁试衣
I just had an idea.
我刚想了个主意
I shouldn't think so,
我看不会
not if she knows what's good for her.
如果她还知道好歹的话
I'm sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰
How clever of you to find me.
你找到我了 真是机智
Well, not really. I lived here 40 years.
算不上 我在这里住了40年呢
I assume this is your maid?
这是你的女仆吧
Yes, this is Lucy Smith.
对 这是露西·史密斯
Good evening, Smith.
晚上好 史密斯
Good evening, milady.
晚上好 夫人
- Shall I go? - No, not for me. Not for me.
-那我下去了 -不必为我离开
I'm delighted to meet you.
我很高兴能见到你
I've heard so much about you.
我听说了你好多事呢
Is there something you want?
你有什么事吗
Oh, just-just to see you're comfortable
就是确保你一切妥当
and to confirm our little chat for later.
并确认下我们稍后的聊天
I live my own life now, Violet.
我现在的生活自己做主了 维奥蕾特
I'm not what I was.
我不像以前了
My father is gone. My husband is gone.
我父亲死了 我丈夫死了
I see no reason not to do what I want.
我已经没理由不按自己的意思生活了
Well, that doesn't mean there is no reason,
不是没有理由
merely that you cannot see it.
只是你看不到
I think Lady Merton is right.
我觉得默顿夫人说得对
We'll have it out, once and for all.
我们应该彻底解决此事
But now I must go to Her Majesty.
但现在 我得去侍奉陛下了
You're not to speak. You're not to think.
你们不能说话 不能思考
Just follow my lead.
只管听我命令
Their Majesties must not know they're being served by anyone different.
绝不能让陛下发现 仆人换了
I don't want them to even notice.
我甚至不希望他们有所察觉
We will do our best, Mr. Wilson.
我们会尽力的 威尔森先生
I don't want your best.
尽力可不够
I want far better than your best.
要比尽力还好很多
Is everything under control here, Mr. Wilson?
这里一切都好吗 威尔森先生
I gather the others caught the train.
听说其他人已上了车
And this is what we're left with.
我们只剩他们了
Mind you don't disgrace the state livery, Albert.
可不要给高级号服抹黑 艾伯特
Of course, Mr. Carson.
当然 卡森先生
Where is Monsieur Courbet?
科贝特先生呢
- I came in here to see him. - Uh, he went out.
-我是来找他的 -他出去了
So I thought I'd better get on with dinner.
所以我想着 我最好赶紧把饭做好
No, you were not right. You were entirely wrong!
不 你说的不是 大错特错
I don't know h-how that happened.
我也不知道怎么会这样
Well, I shall have to go and change.
我得去换衣服
We'll sort this out when I return.
等我回来 再解决此事
If you don't want me to, I won't.
如果你不希望我去 我就不去
But you've already said that you will.
但你都答应了
Because it's a fantastic chance.
因为这机会难得
It didn't occur to me you'd mind.
我没想到你会介意
I don't, exactly. Not in that way.
我并不是介意 不是那样
I wasn't going to tell you.
我本没想告诉你的
I wasn't going to tell anyone, but...
我本没想告诉任何人的 但是
I might be pregnant.
我可能怀孕了
My heart is bursting.
我的心要跳出来了
Oh, well, that's exactly what I don't want.
所以我才不想说
- It could easily go wrong. - Oh, but-but if it doesn't...
-很可能会出岔子的 -但如果一切顺利
Then I'll give birth
那我生孩子时
just as you set off on your three-month colonial tour.
你刚好要去殖民地巡视三个月
Why didn't you say this when I first mentioned it?
我刚说时你怎么不提
You'd agreed before I had the chance.
我没来得及说你就答应了
Secrets always muddle things.
秘密总会坏事
Oh, yes, that's right, let's make it my fault.
是啊 对 说成是我的错吧
Well, I'll tell the king I can't go.
那我告诉国王我去不了了
And he'll accept that, will he?
他能接受吗
Hello. It's Miss Smith, isn't it?
你好 是史密斯小姐 是吧
We were talking about you earlier. Weren't we?
我们之前还在聊你呢 是吧
What luck. You know Miss Smith, don't you?
太好了 你认识史密斯小姐吧
Has something happened?
出什么事了吗
Old Lady Grantham came in while we were dressing.
我们更衣时 格兰瑟姆老夫人进来了
I think the stage is set for a fight later, about me.
我觉得她们稍后要大吵一架了 为了我
She thinks Lady Bagshaw means to favor me,
她认为巴格肖夫人有意照顾我
- and she doesn't approve. - What business is it of hers?
-而她不赞成 -这与她何干
Lady Bagshaw must have her reasons,
巴格肖夫人肯定自有原因
and that's good enough for me.
这对我就够了
There you are, Miss Lawton.
你在这里呢 劳顿小姐
I hope you're having a well-earned rest.
希望你还舒服 你也该好好休息了
Well, there's always less for me to do when Miss Aplin arrives.
阿普林小姐一来 我就没什么可做的了
But we must be ready for the ball tomorrow.
但我们还得为明天的舞会做好准备
That's what I want to talk about.
我就想找你说这事
Later this evening, when I go up to help Lady Hexham,
今晚晚些时候 等我去服侍赫克瑟姆夫人时
I want you to come with me,
我希望你也来
fit a new ball dress and sew it overnight
为她的新舞会裙改尺寸 连夜修好
so it's done before you leave in the morning.
你明早走前弄妥当
Why on earth would I do that?
我为什么要那么做
The box and cupid from the drawing room.
客厅的盒子和丘比特
The library paper knife.
图书馆的裁纸刀
Lady Hexham's painted glass.
还有赫克瑟姆夫人的彩色玻璃杯
Never took the glass.
玻璃杯不是我拿的
Then it must have been broken, like she said.
那肯定是像她说的 是打坏了
But you took something from that room.
但你也拿了那个房间的东西
A patch box from the dressing table.
梳妆台的堵漏盒
I'd like them all back, please.
请都还回来
I can't sew a dress in a night.
我没法一夜改好裙子
When would I sleep?
我还睡不睡了
When you get to Harewood tomorrow.
明天到了哈伍德再睡吧
And don't think I won't tell.
别以为我不会说出去
"Queen's dresser a thief."
"王后的服装师是个小偷"
That'll make headlines from here to Peru.
从这里到秘鲁的报纸都会头条报道
The Marquess and Marchioness of Granby.
格兰比侯爵和侯爵夫人
Sir William and Lady Ingleby.
威廉爵士和英格比夫人
Where are the royal footmen?
皇家男仆都哪去了
They've had to go back to London.
他们不得不回伦敦了
All of them? Wasn't that rather unlucky?
都回去了吗 太不巧了吧
Unlucky for some, milady.
对于某些人来说是吧 小姐
The Earl and Countess of Scarborough.
斯卡伯勒伯爵和伯爵夫人
Will someone help me?
谁来帮帮我
I'm going on to Turton's in a minute.
我待会儿去特顿酒吧
I'm Chris Webster, by the way.
我是克里斯·韦伯斯特
I'm waiting for someone.
我在等人
For a very long time.
等好久了
Perhaps he's found better things to do.
或许他找到更有意思的事做了
Why don't you come with me?
你跟我来吧
You know you want to.
你知道你想的
Excuse me, sir. My name's Barrow.
不好意思 先生 我叫巴罗
If someone comes looking for me, could you tell him I've gone?
如果有人来找我 就告诉他我走了
Shall I say where to?
我该说你去哪了呢
- Never mind that. - Turton's.
-别管了 -特顿酒吧
I just cannot understand where Mr. Wilson has got to.
我不明白威尔森先生是去哪了
Never mind him. What about you?
管他呢 你怎么办
Surely, you can't really mean to leave His Majesty unattended.
你不会真要让陛下没人服侍吧
But is it for me to attend him?
但由我服侍他妥当吗
Well, you've got your breeches on.
你都穿戴好了嘛
- Well, I have, but... - Mr. Carson,
-这倒是 但... -卡森先生
this is your destiny.
这是你的宿命
You know as much, and so do I.
你跟我一样清楚
Now, accept it proudly.
骄傲地接受吧
And walk into that room with your head held high.
抬起头 走进那个房间
You can do it, Mr. Carson.
您可以的 卡森先生
Please tell me what is going on.
请告诉我到底是怎么回事
Mr. Courbet is missing, ditto Mr. Wilson,
科贝特先生不见了 威尔森先生也是
and your footmen are on their way up to London.
您的男仆 在去伦敦的路上
I am still in charge here.
我还是负责人
No, Mrs. Webb. These are my people now.
不 韦伯太太 他们可是我的人
So please, uh, go back to the servants' hall and sit down.
所以拜托你回仆人休息室坐下吧
Or would you rather ruin the evening?
难道你要让今晚闹得不愉快吗
That's telling her.
叫她知道厉害了
Mrs. Patmore forgot to send up the sauce.
帕特莫太太忘记送酱汁上去了
And I've got the chopped egg.
我拿了碎鸡蛋
Oh, that's kind when it's not your job.
多谢你了 这不是你的职责
We must all pull our weight tonight for Downton's glory.
我们今晚可都得为唐顿的荣誉出力
Now, are you ready, boys?
准备好了吗 孩子们
Ready as we'll ever be.
不会准备得更好了
We'll be fine, Mrs. Hughes.
我们没事的 休斯太太
What about you, Mr. Molesley?
你呢 莫斯利先生
I know I'm gonna forget my lines.
我肯定会忘词的
You haven't got any lines.
你没词啊
- You're on. - Right.
-你该上了 -好
Remember to breathe.
记得呼吸
I'm glad you're here, Mr. Carson.
很高兴有你在 卡森先生
I must go where my king needs me.
国王需要我 我责无旁贷
- Hello. - All right.
-你好 -好
Looks like we've got some new blood here.
看来来了新血呢
You're a very charming young man.
你真是个帅小伙
Stay with me! Stay with me, Michael!
留下嘛 留下吧 迈克尔
I can't believe this.
难以置信
I've never seen anything like it.
我从未见过这样的地方
There's a first time for everything.
凡事都有第一次
Here. Come dance with me.
来 跟我跳舞
- What'd you say? - I said, "There's your friend."
-你说什么 -我说"你朋友在那儿"
No, my friend's over there.
不 我朋友在那儿
I wish I could tell them how grateful they should be to you.
我真希望我能告诉他们 他们该多感激你
You were every bit as brave as I was.
你跟我一样勇敢的
you're talking in the wrong direction.
你该跟另一边聊天
Don't worry about Granny.
别担心奶奶
She's getting ready to give Cousin Maud a grilling.
她在准备拷问莫德堂亲呢
Mainly, I suspect, about her maid.
我猜主要是为了她女仆的事
I think Lady Bagshaw sees her as more than just her maid.
我觉得巴格肖夫人并不只把她当做女仆
Oh, I'm sure she does.
肯定的
And that's what Granny's afraid of.
这正是奶奶害怕的
I might as well admit...
我不妨承认
Don't let them put you off.
别让他们吓退你
Tom, you're looking pleased with yourself.
汤姆 你好像很高兴
He was just praising Lady Bagshaw's maid.
他只是在赞扬巴格肖夫人的女仆
Well, uh, how did she contrive to make your acquaintance?
她是怎么使手腕攀上你的
She didn't contrive anything. We met by chance.
她没使手腕 我们碰巧遇到的
What simpletons men are.
男人可真蠢
And I thought something else was planned.
但我以为定好的菜单是别的
But it is excellent.
但真是美味
So, a well-done to old Courbet.
老科贝特做得不错
- Oh, yes. - Yes, very delicious.
-是啊 -真好吃
This wasn't Monsieur Courbet, Your Majesty.
这可不是科贝特先生做的 陛下
Mrs. Patmore cooked it.
是帕特莫太太做的
In fact, it is the Downton Abbey staff
事实上 今晚为您服务的
who are serving you this evening.
是唐顿庄园的仆人
I do beg your pardon, Your Majesty.
抱歉 陛下
That's quite enough, Molesley.
行了 莫斯利
You must give our compliments to Mrs. Patmore
你可要代我们向帕特莫太太和全体仆人
Her Majesty is speaking to you.
王后陛下在跟你说话呢
With pleasure, Your Majesty.
当然 陛下
That was kind of you, ma'am.
您真是客气了 陛下
I suppose he's excited that they've had to take over
能接过我们带来的仆人的工作
I wonder what's happened.
不知是发生了什么
Whatever may have happened does not excuse his behavior.
不管发生了什么 他都太不得体了
I can assure you, Lady Grantham,
相信我 格兰瑟姆夫人
we are quite used to people behaving strangely
我们习惯了人们在我们面前
That's it. I've got you.
没事 有我呢
The peelers are here!
警察来了
Make sure no one scarpers. Block all the exits.
别让他们跑了 堵住所有出口
- What's going on? - All right, gentlemen,
-怎么回事 -好了 先生们
that's the end of your evening. Shut that music up now!
今晚的娱乐结束了 把音乐关了
You are all coming to the station with us.
都跟我们去警局
We're just having a bit of fun, Officer.
我们只是找找乐子 警官
No one's making any trouble.
没人想惹麻烦
That's for the judge to decide.
那得让法官来判断
- Judge? - What did you think?
-法官 -你以为呢
We're gonna slap your wrists and send you home?
我们打打你们的手腕 就让你们回家了
I've never been here before.
我以前没来过的
You're here now. Right!
你这不来了 好
You're coming with us, you dirty perverts. Out.
跟我们出来 臭变态 出来
- Get out! Move it! - Come on, you filthy sods.
-出来 快 -快走 恶心的混蛋
- Come on, you lot. - Pack it in. Get in the van.
-快走 -上去 上车
- There we are, my dear. - Oh, thank you.
-给 亲爱的 -谢谢
There might be a moment.
可能得要会儿
She has Maud wound around her little finger.
她把莫德摆弄于股掌之中
Then we need to know why.
那我们得搞清楚原因
Well, I'll look forward to it, gentlemen.
我很期待 先生们
- Thank you, Your Majesty. - Milord.
-谢谢 陛下 -大人
What is it, Hexham?
怎么了 赫克瑟姆
Well, Your Majesty, it's this.
陛下 是这样的
I've just learned that Lady Hexham
我刚得知 赫克瑟姆夫人
is expecting our first child.
怀了我们的第一个孩子
But that's wonderful news.
这太好了
We're not telling anyone quite yet,
我们还没想告诉别人
but I thought you'd be interested.
但我觉得您会想知道
And so I am. Congratulations.
是的 恭喜你
The-the thing is, sir,
问题是 先生
it's due to be born around the time
预产期大概是
the prince and I will be setting off on tour.
我和王子要出发的时候
Please make it register with him.
务必让他知道此事
Help the prince to understand what it means
帮他理解建立真正的家庭生活的
to have a real family life.
意义所在
You can be such an example to him.
你可以做他的好榜样
Very well. Let's get to the point.
那好 我们直说吧
Robert is my nearest relation on my father's side.
罗伯特是我父亲这边 跟我关系最近的亲戚
But he will not be my heir.
但他不能做我的继承人
And there we have it.
这就是了
Who will be? Can you tell us?
谁会是继承人呢 你能告诉我们吗
Lucy Smith, my maid.
露西·史密斯 我的女仆
What? Are you out of your mind?
什么 你疯了吗
No. And I know what I'm doing.
没有 我心里有数
On the contrary, you're-you're clearly insane.
恰恰相反 你显然是疯了
You should be in an asylum.
你该进精神病院
How like you. A word of resistance,
你就是如此 敢抵触你一句
and you slash with your saber.
你就利刃出鞘
It is lucky for Miss Smith that I do not own a saber.
史密斯小姐该庆幸我没有利刃
So, this is truly your choice?
你真是你自己的选择咯
Lucy has taken care of me for many years.
露西照顾了我多年
I wish to show my gratitude.
我想表示感激
With the family house?
用家族宅邸吗
With the family estate?
用家族地产吗
You belong in a straitjacket.
你真该穿束身衣
To treat your maid as a blood relation
把你的女仆当血亲
is to unpick every fiber of the English way of life.
这有违英国的一切传统
What piffle you talk.
真是傻话
Please, there is no need to argue.
行了 我们不必吵起来
Face it, Violet,
接受吧 维奥蕾特
I'll outlive you anyway,
我反正也会比你活得长
so it need trouble you no further.
你不必再为此操心了
And now... I must attend Her Majesty.
现在 我得去服侍陛下了
Game, set and match to Lady Bagshaw.
巴格肖夫人大获全胜
Not while I'm the umpire.
只要我是裁判就别想
We had a few drinks, and Mr. Barrow thought
我们喝了几杯酒 巴罗先生就想去
it'd be fun to play a trick on the queers, that's all.
戏弄下那些基佬 仅此而已
He was only in there for five minutes.
他也才进去了五分钟
Dancing the tango with another man.
跟另一个男人跳探戈
Come on, Sergeant, it was a joke.
得了 警长 就是个玩笑
Turns your stomach, though.
但真让人恶心
Yeah, I'd rather be dead if I thought I was one of them.
是啊 如果我是那种人 我宁可去死
But what can I say to the earl?
但我该怎么跟伯爵交待
The Earl of Grantham.
格兰瑟姆伯爵
Mr. Barrow is his butler.
巴罗先生是他的管家
Of course, you'll want to see proof of my identity.
当然 你会需要我出示身份证明
- Was it you who got me out? - No.
-是你把我救出来的吗 -不是
The good fairy came down on a moonbeam.
是乘月光下凡的仙女
How did you know where I'd gone?
你怎么知道我去哪了
The landlord told me.
房东说的
Waited outside, followed you here.
我在外面等着 然后跟来了这里
Then I showed the sergeant my card,
然后我向警长出示了我的名片
and that seemed to settle things.
似乎就把一切摆平了
"The royal household."
"皇家内务府"
He must have loved that.
他肯定可高兴了
I'm afraid I've been a silly boy.
我真是太傻了
You just need to be a bit more circumspect in future, Mr. Barrow.
你今后可得更小心些了 巴罗先生
Could you please remove it, milady,
请您脱下来 小姐
leaving the pins in place?
但别动别针
Can you really get it done before you go?
你走前真能修好吗
- I don't see how. - She'll finish it.
-不太可能吧 -她能做好的
- Won't you? - I'll do my best.
-是吧 -我会尽力的
I'm sure you'll manage.
你肯定能行
By the way, I think I know what happened to the cupid
对了 我可能知道客厅的丘比特
from the drawing room, milady.
是去哪了 小姐
Really? Was it missing?
是吗 不见了吗
Your dress will be ready in the morning, milady.
您的裙子早上就能改好 小姐
I don't know how you persuaded her.
不知你怎么说服她的
She's nice, really. When you get to know her.
她其实挺好的 如果了解她的话
Is there anything else?
还有别的事吗
Only to say that you're a genius.
只想说你真是天才
- Good night. - Good night.
-晚安 -晚安
I'm afraid I didn't get anywhere.
我恐怕没能改变什么
Just because the king
就因为国王
doesn't see that a man has any part to play in childbearing.
不认为育儿跟男人有关
But you'd think he'd know that one likes to be around.
但按说他该理解当爹的不想离开
You can't just tell him no?
你不能直接拒绝他吗
Darling, I'm one of the senior peers in the land.
亲爱的 我可是本国的高级贵族之一
What do you think that means?
你以为那意味了什么
What do you think I'm sworn to?
你以为我担负了怎样的职责
could I have a word before you ring for your maid?
您呼叫女仆前 我能跟你说句话吗
Does Lucy know that you're her mother?
露西知道你是她妈妈吗
For years, I said I was her godmother,
很多年来 我都说我是她的教母
but I told her the truth on her 18th birthday.
但她18岁时 我说出了真相
How old was she when Jack died?
杰克死时 她多大
She'd lived with Jack and his mother until then.
那之前她一直跟杰克和她母亲住
But I took her into the house,
后来我让她住进了我家
and she went to the village school
去村里的学校上学
until, eventually, she became my maid.
最终 她成了我的女仆
I suppose if she'd been your ward,
如果她做了你的养女
people would have guessed.
大家就会猜到了
Who takes notice of a servant?
谁会注意一个仆人呢
I hid her in plain sight.
我把她藏在了光天化日下
Did you love Jack Smith?
你爱杰克·史密斯吗
Everyone should know a total love at least once.
每个人都该拥有一次真正的爱情
My husband was very dull, you know?
我丈夫很乏味
He wasn't a bad man, but...
他不坏 但
but he wasn't a clever one, either.
但也不是很聪明
Then he died, and Jack came to see me,
他死后 杰克来见我
and it began from there.
我们就此开始
I know it sounds reckless,
我知道听上去很冲动
but I was 39 when I got pregnant.
但我怀孕时都39了
I thought I was barren.
我以为我不孕呢
Of course, I knew I couldn't tell my father, so...
我当然知道我不能告诉我父亲
I went to America.
我就去了美国
They must have thought that wild.
他们肯定觉得那很疯狂
Well, little did they know how wild it really was.
他们可不知道是有多疯狂
But you were happy with Jack?
但你跟杰克很幸福吗
We had ten years together before he died.
他死前我们度过了10年
I'd have married him if I'd had the courage.
如果我是个勇敢的人 我会嫁给他的
But you never knew my father.
但你是没见过我父亲
I suppose royal service kept you silent on the subject.
内务府一直不许你说出此事吧
But it was cowardice, really.
但其实就是我胆小
Now, by making Lucy my heir,
而通过让露西做我的继承人
I will have taken the first step.
就算是迈出第一步了
You must tell Violet at once.
你得马上告诉维奥蕾特
- I couldn't. - You're wrong.
-我不能 -你错了
As soon as she knows the truth, she'll fathom your plans
一旦她知道了真相 就能理解你的计划
and cease to fight you.
不再跟你作对
The servants seem to be enjoying themselves tonight.
仆人们今晚似乎都很开心
Especially Molesley.
尤其是莫斯利
What happened to the royal team?
皇家仆人都哪去了
It's a long story, milady.
说来话长 小姐
But you're right. We did have fun.
但您说对了 我们是很开心
Well, I'm glad it's gone well for everyone.
很高兴大家都一切顺利
But I don't think I could face doing it again.
但我恐怕受不了再来一次了
You're not finished yet.
还没完事呢
You've still got the ball at Harewood.
还有哈伍德舞会呢
Yes, but it won't be our fault if anything goes wrong.
是啊 但如果出了事 可就不再怪我们了
That's not very cheerful.
这话好丧气啊
The last few days have made me think.
这几天让我思考
Should we really go on with it?
我们还该继续吗
We're running the house with too few people as it is,
我们宅里的人手本就太少了
and half of those here now will leave soon.
而半数现在在的 很快又会离开
What are you saying, milady?
您什么意思 小姐
Isn't it time to chuck in the towel?
是不是该放弃了
Lots of people have.
很多人都放弃了
You mean... leave Downton?
您是说 离开唐顿吗
We could sell it for a school
我们可以卖了它做学校
or an old people's home or something.
或老人院什么的
And buy a manor house with a modest estate
买栋别墅 一小块地皮
and live a normal life.
过正常生活
Is that what you want?
那真是您想要的吗
I want everything to stop being such a struggle.
我想要一切不再这么艰难
Will the staff stay? Will the farms pay?
仆人们会留下吗 农场能收回投资吗
What are we going to do about the roof?
我们怎么处理屋顶
When I was putting up the chairs in the rain,
我在大雨里摆椅子时
I kept thinking, "What am I doing?"
我一直在想 "我在干什么"
I'll tell you what you're doing, milady.
我告诉您 小姐
You're making a center for the people who work here.
您提供了一个中心给在这里工作的人
Downton Abbey is the heart of this community,
唐顿庄园是这个社区的中心
and you're keeping it beating.
您在维系它
So you think we should battle on?
所以你觉得我们该坚持下去
While there's blood in your veins.
只要您还一息尚存
Is she settled for the night?
她安顿好了吗
She's more rattled than settled.
说惊魂未定还差不多
There was an argument. It was about me.
他们是为我吵了起来
I hear from Lord Grantham
我听格兰瑟姆伯爵说
she's planning to alter your life for the better.
她打算让你过上更好的生活
He says Old Lady Grantham was up in arms.
他说格兰瑟姆老夫人准备好殊死一搏了
Are you entitled to your good luck?
你有权享有这份好运吗
Do you know why she's doing it?
你知道她为什么这么做吗
And I think it's fair.
我觉得很公平
Go forward in health, and use your luck wisely.
那祝你一切顺利 好好利用你的好运
I have such a feeling that you can understand
我觉得你能理解
what's going on inside my head when no one else does
我在想什么 虽然其他人不能
I'll miss our talks.
我会怀念跟你聊天的
Would you like to write to me?
你愿意给我写信吗
I could always provide a shoulder.
我随时可以给你提供安慰
I should be pleased and flattered if you would.
如果你愿意我会很高兴的
And now I think it's time to say good night, Mr. Branson.
我现在该道晚安了 布兰森先生
Good night, Miss Smith.
晚安 史密斯小姐
Here's to the triumph of Downton
敬唐顿和我美丽妻子
and my beautiful wife.
大获全胜
Oh, here's to all of you who brought it off.
敬你们能成功做到
Here's to Mr. Carson for swallowing his principles.
敬卡森先生能割舍原则
Well, I shan't sleep a wink tonight.
我今晚是睡不着了
And here's to Her Majesty for taking pity on Mr. Molesley.
敬王后陛下可怜莫斯利先生
For a moment there, I thought I was headed for the Tower.
我有那么一刻还以为自己要被处决了
You're not coming round to 'em, are you?
你不是要对他们改变看法了吧
It was decent of her, Daisy,
她真的很好心 黛西
when she could have let it spoil things.
她本可为此闹得很难看
Not everyone's like Robespierre.
不是每个人都像罗伯斯庇尔
Let's hear it for the king and queen.
我们敬国王和王后吧
The king and queen.
敬国王和王后
I've got to tell you something, Daisy.
我有话要对你说 黛西
It was me that broke the pump.
是我砸坏了泵
I don't know what I was doing.
我也不知道我是怎么了
I was just in a jealous rage.
我就是嫉妒得发狂
- Why? - It was that plumber you made eyes at.
-为什么 -因为你跟那个水管工眉来眼去
And then when I realized I'd brought him back to the house,
然后我意识到因为我 他又回来了
I went nearly mad.
我都要气疯了
I did not make eyes.
我才没跟他眉来眼去
I liked him, but there was nothing more to it.
我是喜欢他 但也没别的了
Well, I feel a fool now.
我现在觉得好傻
You tried to wreck the visit of the King of England.
你企图破坏英国国王的来访
You risked being sacked,
你可能被解雇
you risked ruin...
可能大祸临头
...just for the love of me?
就因为爱我吗
I just... my feelings took over.
我...被情感冲昏了头
That's all I can say.
我没别的好说了
Can you forgive me?
你能原谅我吗
Oh, Andy, I'd have done it myself if I'd had the nerve.
安迪 如果我有这胆子 我也会那么做的
Don't you see what it means?
你不懂这意味着什么吗
We're alike, you and I.
我们很像
Full of passion for what matters.
我们为重要的事充满激情
I thought you were easily satisfied,
我还以为你很容易满足
but I see now you're not.
但我现在知道你不是的
So we can fight our way to a better world together.
那我们就可以一起为更好的世界奋斗了
I'm not sure I've shown enough gratitude for what you did.
我觉得我没有为你帮我的忙好好表示感激
We have to stick together, men like us.
我们这样的人可得团结点
I don't know any men like I am.
我不认识我这样的人
I've never just talked to someone like me.
我从未单纯跟我这样的人聊聊天
Well, we're talking now.
我们这不在聊天吗
Just to be two blokes, having a chat,
就是两个人 聊聊天
not trying to fit in for once.
不用努力去融入
Well, we all have to do what we must to get by.
我们都得为活着而苟且
But yeah. Feels good to be two ordinary blokes.
但是的 能做两个普通人的感觉真好
Will they ever see it our way?
我们有一日会被理解吗
50 years ago, who'd have thought man could fly?
50年前 谁能想到人会能飞上天
Well, here's the dress.
裙子好了
We can try it before you leave.
你走前我们会试一下
No need. It'll fit.
不必 肯定合身
Those are the things you wanted.
这是你要的东西
Why do you do it, Miss Lawton?
你为什么这么做 劳顿小姐
Doesn't it ever worry you
你就不闹心吗
that on each table in this house,
这房子里的每张桌子上
there's an ornament that you couldn't buy
都有你一年的工资
with a year's wages?
也买不起的东西
And what's your answer?
那你怎么想的呢
Because everyone can't have them,
就因为不是每个人都买得起
- no one should have them? - No.
-所以没人该拥有它们吗 -不
My answer is, "Why can't I have them?
我想的是 "凭什么我不能拥有
Don't worry, they won't miss what I take.
别担心 他们不会在意我拿的东西
I doubt there's more than one in 100
恐怕一百个人里都不会有一个
would even notice they're gone.
注意到东西没了
But they're not yours, Miss Lawton.
但那些东西不是你的 劳顿小姐
And they never will be.
永远也不是
I'd give it up if I were you.
我劝你别再这么干了
What if people were to think Her Majesty was light-fingered
如果人们以为是王后手脚不干净呢
if things go missing from every house she stays in?
因为她待过的每户家庭里都有东西丢失
Keep your advice for someone who's interested, Mrs. Bates.
你的建议留给想听的人吧 贝茨太太
Those doors play up something dreadful.
那些门真是太差劲了
They jam and stick for no reason.
毫无理由就卡住了
It's happened to everyone.
大家都遭遇过
Why didn't any of you look for me?
你们怎么都没去找我
I thought I'd seen you go out, Mr. Wilson.
我以为看到你出去了 威尔森先生
I'm afraid I was mistaken.
我一定是看错了
Just as you were mistaken in not waking Monsieur Courbet.
你还有一错 忘记叫醒科贝特先生了
We thought he'd gone out and all.
我们以为他出去了
Thank you, Mrs. Hughes.
谢谢 休斯太太
A little more marmalade, if you please.
麻烦再拿点橘子酱
The footmen have telephoned this morning.
男仆今早来了电话
It seems it was a hoax that took them up to London.
他们似乎是被骗去了伦敦
- But who would do that? - Who, indeed?
-但谁会那么做呢 -问得好
We can investigate when we get to Harewood.
等我们到了哈伍德再调查吧
I should be careful, Monsieur Courbet,
最好小心 科贝特先生
unless you enjoy ridicule.
可别让自己出丑
- What? - I'd say the dinner was a success.
-什么 -昨晚的晚宴相当成功
They sent down their compliments,
他们还表示了赞扬
so I think it must have been.
肯定是很成功了
Well, then, why call attention to it?
那么 何必继续追究
Would you show to advantage in this story, do you think?
你觉得这会对你有好处吗
But what do we say if we're asked?
但如果我们被问到要怎么说呢
There was a confusion in London.
就说是伦敦那边搞错了
Monsieur Courbet was ill.
科贝特先生是病了
If I were you, I wouldn't mention it.
如果我是你 就干脆不提
Not unless they bring it up.
除非他们问了
I've been looking everywhere.
我到处找你
What's the matter, darling?
怎么了 亲爱的
Is it something I can help with?
我能帮你什么吗
Judging by last night, I doubt it.
从昨晚来看 你做不了什么
I just want to own my own life.
我只是想掌控我自己的生活
I want to say things that I think and do what I like.
我想说出我的想法 做我想做的事
- Don't you now? - No.
-你现在不能吗 -不能
I spend my time entertaining people who bore me to death
我整日招待那些让我无聊的人
because they're entitled to sit at our table.
只因他们有权跟我们同桌
I attend committees that I haven't chosen
我参加我没想参加的委员会
because they've chosen me.
因为他们选上了我
I used to have a job that I loved, but not anymore.
我以前本来有我热爱的工作 但现在没了
And now my husband won't be there when I have a baby.
现在我生孩子时 我丈夫都不会在场
The woman in the lodge is entitled to that, but I'm not.
这是普通农妇都能享有的权利 可我没有
Their Majesties are getting ready to leave.
陛下准备走了
Darling, what's the matter?
亲爱的 你怎么了
Nothing you can help with.
您帮不上的
Oh, uh, we should go up.
我们该上去了
Their Majesties are on their way.
陛下要走了
So, you're off to London?
你要去伦敦了
They'll drop me at the station.
他们会把我送到车站
Well, I hope we can keep in touch.
希望我们可以保持联系
I feel I've finally found a friend.
我觉得我总算找到个朋友
Is that what you found, Mr. Barrow?
我是这样吗 巴罗先生
- Their Majesties are going. - Thanks.
-陛下要走了 -谢谢
I want you to have this.
我想给你这个
It's not much, but I've had it for years.
虽然不贵重 但我带了很多年了
It'll remind you of me.
能让你惦记着我
That's the point, isn't it?
这才是最重要的 是吧
So you can think of me till we meet again?
再见之前 让你能记着我
I hope you enjoy your time at Harewood, sir.
希望您在哈伍德会一切愉快 先生
Yes. I hope so, too.
我也希望能
It isn't really goodbye
今晚我们就能再见
when we'll see you all this evening.
所以这算不上道别
We're looking forward to the ball.
我们很期待舞会
Harewood is such a wonderful house.
哈伍德真是栋美丽的宅子
Well, let's mount up, shall we?
我们上车吧
- We'll see you later, Grantham. - Your Majesty.
-回头见了 格兰瑟姆 -是 陛下
Well done, everyone. Shall we head back in?
好样的 各位 我们回去吧
Mary, what are you wearing to the ball?
玛丽 你穿什么去舞会
Carson, what happened to the royal servants last night?
卡森 皇家仆人昨晚是哪去了
Hard to say, milord.
不好说 老爷
They sort of gave up the ghost.
他们不见了
Well, you managed splendidly.
反正你做得很好
Although I could have done without Molesley's aria.
但莫斯利要是没唱那一出就好了
But please thank the staff for saving the day.
但还是谢谢仆人们挽救了大局
- Excuse me. - Can I ask you something?
-失陪 -能问你件事吗
What did you give Monsieur Courbet?
你给科贝特先生下了什么
A double dose of a sleeping draught
在他的茶里下了贝克韦尔先生
from Mr. Bakewell's... in his tea.
那里买来的双份安眠药
I'm afraid I made rather a fool of myself last night.
我昨晚真是出丑了
You could never be a fool to me.
我永远不觉得你出丑的
Do you mean that, really?
你真心的吗
And I think you know how much.
我觉得你了解我的真心
You're right, Mrs. Patmore.
你是对的 帕特莫太太
It's time I started to plan my wedding.
我是该筹划婚礼了
Well, I don't know what took you so long.
真不知你怎么想了这么久
I wasn't sure before, but I am now.
我之前不确定 但我现在确定了
Well, that's good to hear.
那就好
I'm happy, Mrs. Patmore.
我好开心 帕特莫太太
I don't often say that, but I am.
我不常那么说 但我真的开心
Are you very shocked by it all?
这一切让你震惊了吗
I should be. Interfering with the palace staff on a royal visit--
应该震惊 皇室来访期间作弄宫廷仆人
and me part of it, to boot.
而我也参与其中
I don't know what came over me.
真不知我是怎么了
They had it coming to them, Elsie.
他们活该 艾尔希
Let's face it, they had it coming in spades.
我们承认吧 他们太活该了
Welcome back, Mr. Talbot.
欢迎回来 塔伯特先生
Hello, Carson. Mrs. Hughes.
你们好 卡森 休斯太太
Do you know where I'll find Lady Mary?
你们知道玛丽小姐在哪吗
After everything that's gone on,
发生了这么多事
I should think she'll be lying down, sir.
她大概是去躺下了 先生
That's nice that he's back in time for the ball.
太好了 他赶上舞会了
And thank the Lord we don't have to organize it.
谢天谢地 不用我们筹办
Oh, darling, you don't know what we've lived though.
亲爱的 你不知道我们经历了什么
I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner.
很抱歉我不能早点回来
It was the first ship after the last meeting, I promise.
最后一场会一开完 我就乘第一艘船回来了
Oh, never mind. You're here now.
没事了 你现在回来了
And I don't have to go to the ball alone
我不用自己去参加舞会了
like a sad little wallflower.
可怜巴巴地在一旁看着
Well, I'll only come if you promise to dance with me nonstop.
如果你答应跟我跳一整晚的舞 我才会去
- Good evening. - Your Majesty.
-晚上好 -陛下
I suppose Maud has brought
莫德肯定带来了
that scheming little minx with her.
那个狡猾的小狐狸精
If you continue in this vein,
你再这么下去
you will only make yourself look stupid.
只会让自己出丑
- What-what do you mean? - What I say.
-你什么意思 -就那意思
Are you keeping something from me?
你有事瞒我吗
Why aren't you happy?
您怎么不高兴
I thought you'd be delirious.
我以为您会高兴得发狂呢
Well, we are happy, if you mean it. Very.
如果你是真心的 我们当然很高兴
But how will you manage Henry?
但你要怎么应付亨利
By altering the way we manage each other.
改变我们对待彼此的方式
And it may not be easy,
虽然不会容易
but I've decided that I'm staying with him.
但我已经决定要留在他身边了
I just don't understand what changed your mind.
我不懂是什么让你改了主意
It was something Mr. Branson said
是因为布兰森先生说的
about deciding what matters.
要想好什么才最重要
For me, the Crown matters more than any of us.
对于我 王权比我们都更重要
I can make it work.
我可以处理好
Branson? The Irish republican?
布兰森 那个爱尔兰共和党人吗
Oh, you're well-informed.
您知道不少嘛
I'm better informed than you know.
我比你以为的知道得多
So, he persuaded you to do this?
是他说服你这么做的
Oh, we were talking after the parade.
我们在阅兵后聊了一会儿
Say something nice. Please.
跟他说句好话吧 拜托
I have to say, it's been very quiet without you.
要知道 你不在可挺闷的
I wish we had spoken more while we were at Downton Abbey.
在唐顿时我们真该多聊聊
- Do you, sir? - Certainly.
-是吗 先生 -是的
I believe I have more than one reason to be grateful to you.
据我所知 我有不止一个理由应当感激你
What was that all about?
那是怎么回事
I'll tell you when we're alone.
回头我单独告诉你
Why more than one?
什么叫不止一个
That's Princess Mary.
玛丽公主
She was at Downton for the parade yesterday.
她昨天去唐顿参加了阅兵
Didn't you see her?
你没看到她吗
Not at the parade.
没在阅兵上看到
But I saw her afterwards at the tea.
但我之后喝下午茶时见到了她
So, you see, she has Brompton blood,
所以她也有继承布朗普顿的权利
albeit from an unusual angle.
虽然不太寻常
Why did you not say this long ago?
你怎么早不说
It seemed too great a leap for you.
感觉你可能不太好理解
Well, who do you think I am?
你把我当成什么样的人了
Some maiden aunt who's never left the village?
没出过村的老处女姨妈吗
Well, don't think I approve, because I don't.
别以为我赞成 我可不
But at least I understand.
但至少我理解了
Does Miss Smith know the truth?
史密斯小姐知道真相吗
When I get home, I will hire another maid,
等我回到家 我就另雇一个女仆
and Lucy can be my companion.
让露西做我的伴侣
Well, that's much more suitable.
这合适多了
And I'm afraid you'll dislike it,
你恐怕不会高兴
but she says that she and Tom Branson
但她说 她和汤姆·布兰森
have agreed to correspond.
说好要通信了
I will lick the stamps myself.
我愿亲自给他们舔邮票
You are amazing, Violet.
你真不可思议 维奥蕾特
You haven't won, you know.
你可没赢
I don't believe in defeat.
我不相信失败
But we can hammer this out
但等你和露西
when you come back to stay, you and Lucy,
回来住时 我们可以再商量
when you've finished your tour of duty.
等你完成巡视职责了的
You mean I am once more a member of this family?
你是说 我又是这家的一员了吗
She's right, you know. Brompton is gone.
她说得对 布朗普顿你别指望了
And you must all learn to live with it.
你们都只能接受
I think we can get it back.
我们还能要回来的
For Tom, at least.
至少为了汤姆
That's why we need the girl back here.
所以我们需要那女孩回来这里
After all these years, you still astonish me.
这么多年了 你还是能令我震惊
I'm glad I'm a revelation and not a disappointment.
很高兴我能出乎意料 而不是令人失望
- It's very important. - Quite right.
-这很重要 -是啊
- Oh, there they are now. Do ask. - Ah, yes.
-他们来了 问问吧 -好
There you are, Hexham.
你来了 赫克瑟姆
I'm sad you can't be part of the prince's tour,
很遗憾你不能随王子出行了
but we'll find something else for you to do.
但我们可以另给你找事做
- What? - Sir, I-I didn't, um...
-什么 -先生 我不...
I understood why not, uh,
我能理解你为何不能去
as soon as Her Majesty had explained it to me.
王后向我解释了
Congratulations to you both.
恭喜你们
You're looking very sunny tonight.
你今晚好高兴啊
I'm happy. Why? Does it bother you?
我很幸福 怎么 让你不爽吗
No. But tell me, what are you playing at
没有 但告诉我 你对汤姆
with Tom and Cousin Maud's famous maid?
和莫德表亲著名的女仆打的什么主意
I heard you at dinner last night.
我昨晚听到你在饭桌上说的话了
What are you up to?
你打的什么主意
You know she'll inherit the Brompton estate.
你知道她将继承布朗普顿庄园
- Well, so Mama told me. - Well, then,
-妈妈告诉我了 -那么
wouldn't you like Tom to have a proper establishment?
你难道不希望汤姆有体面的财产吗
Oh, you devious cat.
你可真狡猾
Will they be happy? Do you think they will?
他们会幸福吗 您觉得呢
Oh, I just want a word with Granny.
我去跟奶奶说句话
How long were you planning to wait
您还打算等多久
before you told us why you really went up to London on Wednesday?
再告诉我们您周三究竟为什么去了伦敦
Since you ask, I haven't decided.
既然你问了 我还没想好呢
So, if I tell you now,
如果我现在告诉你
will you promise to keep it to yourself?
你可以保证不说出去吗
I had some medical tests a few weeks ago,
我几周前做了体检
and I went up to London to hear the results.
我是去伦敦了解结果的
- Yes? - And, uh,
-怎么样 -是这样
I may not have long to live.
我可能要活不久了
It won't be too quick.
也不会那么快
you can never get a London doctor to be precise.
伦敦的医生永远说不准
- Oh, Granny. - No.
-奶奶 -不
My dear, save your tears for something sad.
亲爱的 你的眼泪留给难过的事吧
Th-There's nothing sad here.
这没什么好难过的
I have lived a privileged and an interesting life,
我度过了优渥有趣的一辈子
I'm leaving the family
我能把我的家庭
and the place that I treasure
和我珍视的地方
in talented hands.
留给得力的人
- Well, I know Papa will be... - Oh, no, no.
-爸爸一定会... -不不
No, I don't mean your father.
我不是指你父亲
I... No, I-I love him dearly.
我很爱他
No, I... I mean you.
但我是说你
You are the future of Downton.
你是唐顿的未来
But I have such doubts, Granny.
但我好怀疑 奶奶
Are we right to keep it all going
我们还应该继续吗
when the world it was built for
毕竟它所属于的时代
is fading with every day that passes?
在随着时间远去
Will George and Caroline still be living that life?
乔治和卡罗琳还会过那样的生活吗
- Are we living it now? - No, no.
-我们现在的生活算是吗 -不
Our ancestors lived different lives from us,
我们祖先的生活跟我们的生活不同
and our descendants will live differently again,
我们后代的生活也会不同
but Downton Abbey will be part of them.
但唐顿庄园会是那生活的一部分
Won't be the same without you.
没有您会不一样的
You'll take over from where I left off.
你要从我这里接手
You'll be the frightening old lady
你会成为那个吓人的老太太
keeping everyone up to the mark.
让所有人保持水准
Thank you very much.
多谢您夸奖了
You will, my darling.
你能做到的 亲爱的
And you'll do it wonderfully.
你能做得很好
You're the best of me that will live on.
你是我能在这世上延续的最好的部分
Oh, Granny, I love you so much.
奶奶 我好爱您
But should you be here tonight?
但您今晚来不要紧吗
Won't you be worn out?
不会太累吗
Oh, Mary, I can't spend the rest of my life
玛丽 我余下的日子
in a shower of "How are you feeling?"
可能不能总被问"你感觉还好吗"
and "Are you quite well?" Oh, no.
"你没事吧" 不
The point is... I'll be fine until I'm not.
总之 我没事 直到我有事
That's all there is to it.
就是这样
The dancing's starting.
开始跳舞了
You mustn't miss it.
你可不能错过
You know, you'll always be with us, Granny.
你会永远与我们同在的 奶奶
Staring from every picture,
在每幅画里看着我们
talking from every book,
在每本书里教导我们
as long as the house stands.
只要唐顿还在
Sounds very exhausting.
听上去好累人
Do you know, I think...
知道吗
I should prefer to rest in peace.
我更想安息长眠呢
What is it you want?
你想要什么
We have things in common.
我们有共同点
The boys, horses, racing.
孩子 骑马 比赛
And there must be more if we look for it.
如果我们愿意去寻找 肯定还有其他
I want us to be friends.
我希望我们做朋友
Well, we'll have to see.
那就试试看吧
We'll have to change.
我们得改变
How did that happen?
怎么会这样的
Was it you, Mama?
是您的功劳吗 妈妈
How did you do it?
您怎么做到的
Bertie asked the king.
伯蒂去找了国王
I asked the queen.
我去找了王后
I do love our adventures.
我真喜欢我们的冒险
But isn't it fun when they're over?
但结束时也很开心吧
What are you doing here?
你怎么来了
I wanted to see the dancing,
我想看跳舞
so I thought I'd pretend I was bringing Lady Bagshaw a handkerchief.
所以我想假借名义 说是给巴格肖夫人拿手绢来
I can give it to her, if you'd like.
如果需要 我可以替你拿给她
I wish you could dance with me.
我希望你能跟我跳舞
I've got a question for you.
我有个问题问你
You'd never want to leave Downton
你不会离开唐顿
and start up somewhere else, would you?
去别处重新开始吧
And tell me truthfully.
老实说
What brought this on?
怎么说起这个了
I think we're stuck with it, aren't we?
我们都离不开这里了吧
Yes, I believe we are.
我想是的
We shouldn't come out this way.
我们不该走这个门
Oh, they won't mind.
他们不会介意的
Well, they've gone, and Downton is still standing.
他们走了 可唐顿还在
Elsie, a hundred years from now,
艾尔希 再过一百年
Downton will still be standing.
唐顿也还会在
And the Crawleys will still be here.
卡劳利一家也还会在这里
And that is a promise.
那是绝对的
We'll see, Charlie.
走着瞧吧 查理