Mathematicians won the war.
是数学家赢得了世界大战
Mathematicians broke the Japanese codes
是数学家破解了日本密码
and built the A-bomb.
也是数学家发明了原子弹
Mathematicians... like you.
就像你我一样的数学家
The stated goal of the Soviets is global communism.
苏联的终极目标 是赤化全世界
In medicine or economics,
包括医学 经济
in technology or space,
科技 太空
battle lines are being drawn.
战争的界线已经划出
To triumph, we need results.
为了争取胜利 我们需要结果
Publishable, applicable results.
需要可以发表和应用的结果
Now who among you will be the next Morse?
谁是未来的摩尔斯?
The next Einstein?
谁又是下一个爱因斯坦?
Who among you will be the vanguard
你们当中谁将是
of democracy, freedom, and discovery?
民主 自由 和发明的先锋?
Today, we bequeath America's future
今天我们将 美国的未来
into your able hands.
交到你们的手中
Welcome to Princeton, gentlemen.
欢迎加入普林斯顿的行列
It's not enough Hansen won the Carnegie Scholarship.
汉森赢得卡内基奖学金 居然还不满足
No, he has to have it all for himself.
他想要通吃
It's the first time the Carnegie prize has been split. Hansen's all bent.
这是第一次由两人共享 这项奖学金 汉森当然不爽
Rumor is he's got his sights set on Wheeler Lab,
听说他一心想进入惠勒研究室
the new military think tank at M.I.T.
就是麻省理工学院 新的军事智囊团
They're only taking one this year.
今年他们只收一个人
Hansen's used to being picked first.
而汉森认为他是第一人选
Oh, yeah, he's wasted on math.
研究数学实在浪费他的才能
He should be running for president.
他应该去选总统
There could be a mathematical explanation
你的领带这样糟
for how bad your tie is.
一定有数学上的合理解释
Neilson, symbol cryptography.
我是尼尔森 专攻符号密码学
Neils here broke a Jap code.
他破解过日本密码
Helped rid the world of fascism.
也曾帮助世界摆脱法西斯主义
At least that's what he tells the girls, Neils?
他都是这样对女孩子说的
The name's Bender. Atomic physics.
我叫宾达 专攻原子物理学
-And you are? -Am I late?
-你是哪位? -我迟到了吗?
-Yes. -Yes, Mr. Sol.
-是的 -苏先生
The burden of genius.
这就是天才的负担
-There he is. -So many supplicants, and so little time.
-他来了 -宴会这么多 时间真不够用
-Mr. Sol. -How are you, sir?
-苏先生您好 -您好
-Bender. -Nice to see you.
-宾达 -很高兴看到你
Congratulations, Mr. Hansen.
汉森先生 恭喜你
A thousand pardons. I simply assumed you were the waiter.
真抱歉 我以为你是服务生
Play nice, Hansen.
汉森 给他留点面子
Nice is not Hansen's strong suit.
他才不会替人留面子
Well, Martin Hansen.
想必你就是马丁·汉森
It is Martin, isn't it?
你是马丁吧?
Why, yes, John, it is.
没错 我就是
I imagine you're getting quite used to miscalculation.
我猜你对误估已习以为常
I've read your pre-prints...
我读过你的初稿...
The one on Nazi ciphers,
一份是纳粹党的密码文件
and the other one on non-linear equations,
另一份是非线性方程式
and I am supremely confident...
我确信...
that there is not a single seminal
不管是哪一份
or innovative idea in either one of them.
都不具有发展和创新性
Enjoy your punch.
好好享受你的水果酒
Gentlemen, meet John Nash,
各位 这位就是约翰·纳什
the mysterious West Virginia genius.
西弗吉尼亚州的神秘天才
The other winner of the distinguished Carnegie Scholarship.
也是另一位 著名的卡内基奖学金得主
Bender. Of course.
宾达 当然了
The prodigal roommate arrives.
我就是你的浪子室友
Did you know that having a hangover is...
你知道所谓的宿醉...
is not having enough water in your body
就是体内没有足够的水份
to run your Krebs cycles?
去执行克雷布斯循环
Which is exactly what happens to you
这和因渴至死的情况
when you're dying of thirst.
完全一样
So, dying of thirst...
如此说来 因渴至死的感觉...
would probably feel pretty much like the hangover...
可能和宿醉的感觉一样...
that finally bloody kills you.
反正最后仍逃不过一死
Pleased to meet you.
很高兴认识你
Well, it's official.
正式宣布
I'm almost human again.
我已经恢复正常了
Officer, I saw the driver who hit me.
警官 我看见撞到我的驾驶人
His name was Johnny Walker.
他的名字是"约翰走路"
Well, I got in last night
昨晚我去参加
English department cocktails.
鸡尾酒会
Cock was mine,
我当然是那只雄纠纠的鸡
the tail belonged to a particularly lovely young thing
至于那个美丽可爱的女孩
with a passion for D.H...
则是情欲大师劳伦斯的崇拜者
D.H. Lawrence. You're not easily distracted, are you?
你居然不怕被打扰
Hmmm, are you? Right.
哎呀 那当然
Is my roommate a dick?
你真是个无趣的家伙
Listen. If we can't break the ice...
既然打不破我们之间的冰山
How about we drown it?
干脆大醉一场 如何?
So what's your story?
告诉我你的故事
You the poor kid that never got to go to Exeter or Andover?
一个从没出过家门的穷小孩
Despite my privileged upbringing,
虽然我从小接受高等教育
I'm actually quite well-balanced.
但身心却很平衡
I have a chip on both shoulders.
我的弱点是人际关系
Maybe you're just better
人与事比较起来
with the old integers than you are with people.
你恐怕比较会应付事
My first grade teacher, she told me
我的小学老师说过
that I was born with two helpings of brain,
我有两个脑袋
but only half a helping of heart.
却只有半颗心
Wow! She sounds lovely!
哇 她似乎挺可爱的
The truth is that I...
其实...
I don't like people much.
我并不喜欢人们
And they don't much like me.
他们也不喜欢我
with all your obvious wit and charm?
你既风趣又有魅力
Mathematics is never going to lead you to a higher truth.
它永远不能领导你 找到更高的真理
And you know why?
想知道原因吗?
Because it's boring. It's really boring.
因为它太枯燥无味了
You know half these schoolboys are already published?
你知道半数以上的学生 已经发表了他们的论文
I cannot waste time with these classes...
我不能在课堂上...
and these books.
和书本上再浪费时间
Memorizing the weaker assumptions of lesser mortals!
去记住那些毫无说服力的假设吧!
I need to look through...
我必须要为博弈论
to the governing dynamics.
有所突破
Find a truly original idea.
找出它的原创理论来
That's the only way I'll ever distinguish myself.
那是唯一能让我出头的方法
It's the only way that I'll ever...
是唯一使我能成为...
All right, who's next?
下一个是谁?
No, I've played enough "go" for one day, thank you.
我下够了 今天不玩了
-Come on. -I... I hate this game.
-来嘛 -我不喜欢围棋
Cowards, all of you!
你们都是胆小鬼
None of you rise to meet my challenge?
没人敢向我挑战
Whoever wins,so does his laundry all semester.
谁赢 阿苏就替他 洗一学期的衣服
Does that seem unfair to anyone else?
你们不觉得这很不公平吗?
-Look at him. -Nash!
-你们看他 -纳什
Taking a reverse constitutional?
在研究反组织理论吗?
I'm hoping to extract an algorithm
我想找出一个演算法
to define their movement.
好替它们的活动下定义
Hey, Nash, I thought you dropped out.
你一直没去上课
You ever going to go to class or...
我以为你退学了...
Classes will dull your mind.
上课会使你的脑筋迟钝
Destroy the potential for authentic creativity.
也会破坏创造的潜能
Oh, oh, I didn't know that.
这我倒不知道
Nash is going to stun us all with his genius.
有一天纳什的才华会惊倒大家
Which is another way of saying
但这也可能是
he doesn't have the nerve to compete.
他不敢和我比赛的藉口
Mortified. Petrified.
惊呆了 窘呆了
Stupefied... by you.
而且是目瞪口呆
No starch. Pressed and folded.
咱们就一战定英雄
Let me ask you something, John.
我能不能问你一件事
Bender and Sol here correctly completed
宾达和阿苏已经完全无误的
Allen's proof of Peyrot's Conjecture.
证明出艾伦的推论
Adequate work...
尚差强人意啦...
without innovation.
可惜没有创新
Oh. I'm flattered. You flattered?
谢谢夸奖 你呢? 我很感动 你呢?
And I've got two weapons briefs
而我有两样武器纲要
under security review by the D.O.D.
正由国防部审查中
Derivative drivel.
真叫我垂涎不已
But Nash achievements: zero.
而纳什的成就却是 零
I'm a patient man, Martin.
我有耐心
Is there an actual question coming?
你到底想问什么?
What if you never come up with your original idea?
假若你永远找不出原创理论
How will it feel when I'm chosen for Wheeler...
最后惠勒研究室选择了我...
What if you lose?
输是什么感觉?
You should not have won.
你不应该赢
I had the first move, my play was perfect.
是我先走的 每一步都很完美
The hubris of the defeated.
这就是所谓的骄兵必败
The game is flawed.
这个游戏有缺点
Gentlemen, the great John Nash.
这就是伟大的约翰·纳什
You've been in here for two days.
你呆在这里已经两天了
You know Hansen's just published another paper?
汉森又发表了一篇报告
I can't even find a topic for my doctorate.
而我连博士论文的主题都没有
Well, on the bright side, you've invented window art.
可是你却发明了橱窗艺术
This is a group playing touch football.
这是美式橄榄球队的比赛
This is a cluster of pigeons fighting over bread crumbs.
这是一群鸽子在争夺面包屑
And this here is a woman
而这是一个女人
who is chasing a man who stole her purse.
在追逐偷她皮包的男人
John, you watched a mugging.
你居然目击抢劫案
In competitive behavior someone always loses.
在竞争的状态下 总有人会输
Well, my niece knows that, John,
这点连我的小侄女都懂
and she's about this high.
而她只有这么点大
See, if I could derive an equilibrium
如果我能找出一种均衡
where prevalence is a non-singular event,
在优势可逆的情况下
where nobody loses,
就会出现双赢的局面
can you imagine the effect that would have
你想这在有冲突的情况下 会有多大的影响
on conflict scenarios, and arms negotiations...
像武器协商...
When did you last eat?
你什么时候吃过东西?
When did you last eat?
你什么时候吃的饭?
You have no respect for cognitive reverie,
你一点也不尊重幻想
Now, pizza I have enormous respect for.
我对它可是满腔的尊重
And of course beer.
当然还有啤酒
I have respect for beer.
我敬重啤酒
I have respect for beer!
我非常敬重啤酒
-Good evening, Neils. -Hey, Nash.
-晚安 尼尔森 -嗨 纳什
Who's winning? You or you?
谁赢 这个你还是另一个你
-Evening, Nash. -Hey, guys.
-晚安 纳什 -你们好
He's looking at you.
他在看你
Neils is trying to get your attention.
尼尔森要你过去
-You're joking. -Oh, no.
-你一定在开玩笑呢 -不是吧
Fortune favors the brave.
幸运与勇者同在
Gentlemen, might I remind you that my odds of success
各位 让我提醒你们
dramatically improve with each attempt?
每试一次 就会增加我一分胜算
This is going to be classic.
保证绝对精彩
Maybe you want to buy me a drink.
你是不是要请我喝杯酒
I don't exactly know what I'm required to say
为了想让你和我上床
in order for you to have intercourse with me,
我实在不知道该说些什么
but could we assume that I said all that?
你干脆就当我 把该说的都说过了
Essentially we're talking about fluid exchange, right?
反正我们所谈的 是有关液体交流的事
So, could we just go straight to the sex?
所以何不立刻切入性交的主题
Have a nice night, asshole!
再见啦 你这个混蛋
I... I especially liked the bit about fluid exchange.
我最喜欢液体交流那一段
It was really charming.
真的很棒
Walk with me, John.
约翰 陪我走一走
I've been meaning to talk with you.
我一直想和你谈谈
The faculty is completing mid-year reviews.
教授们已经完成了期中的审核
We're deciding which placement applications to support.
我们正在决定如何分配学生...
Wheeler, sir. That would be my first choice.
教授 到惠勒研究室是我的第一选择
And actually, I don't really have a second choice, sir.
也是唯一的选择我知道
John, your fellows have attended classes.
其他的人都按时上课
They've written papers. They've published.
不但写论文 也已经发表了
I'm still searching, sir, for my...
教授 我仍在研究我的...
Your original idea, I know.
你的原创理论?
Governing dynamics, sir.
是博弈论
It's very clever, John, but I'm afraid
很好 可惜
it's just not nearly good enough.
还是不够好
-May I? -Thank you.
-您的外套? -谢谢
I've been working on manifold embedding.
我一直在研究 "符合嵌入"
My bargaining stratagems are starting to show some promise.
这个理论已经开始见到成效
If you could just arrange another meeting,
希望你能再次安排
if you'd be kind enough, with Professor Einstein...
我和爱因斯坦教授会面
-I've repeatedly asked you for that. -Now, John.
-我曾再三请你替我安排 -约翰 听我说
I'd be able to show him my revisions on his...
我会让他看修订后的...
Do you see what they're doing in there?
你知道他们在做什么吗?
-Congratulations. -Thank you so much.
-恭喜 -非常感谢
Congratulations, Professor Max.
教授 恭喜你
Reserved for a member of the department
会员们
that makes the achievement of a lifetime.
肯定了他的终生成就
Now, what do you see, John?
告诉我你看到了什么?
Well done, Professor, well done.
做得好 教授 谢谢
Well, try seeing accomplishment.
你看到贯彻了吗?
Is there a difference?
难道还有分别吗?
you haven't focused.
你仍没有集中你的注意力
I'm sorry, but up to this point,
对不起 到目前为止
your record doesn't warrant any placement at all.
根据你的记录 我不能保证你一定会有工作
And my compliments to you, sir.
我向你致意多谢
I can't see it.
怎么就是看不出来呢
Jesus Christ, John.
约翰 你别这样
This is all I am.
这是我的全部呀
Come on, let's go out.
咱们出去走走
I got to get something done.
我必须做些成绩出来
I can't keep staring into space.
光瞪着天空不是办法
John, enough!
够了我还是向他们屈服吧
Got to face the wall,
面对墙壁
Fine, you want to do some damage? Fine...
你想来硬的 没问题
-But don't mess around. -Do their classes.
-别浪费时间了 -上他们的课...
Come on! Go on, bust your head! Kill yourself.
干脆敲破你的脑袋自杀算了
John, do it. Don't mess around.
好! 去呀 别浪费时间了
Go on,bust that worthless head wide open.
去啊 把你那个没用的脑袋撞开
Goddamn it, Charles!
查尔斯 你这个混蛋
What the hell is your problem?!
你到底有什么毛病
It's not my problem.
我没有毛病
And it's not your problem.
你也没有问题
It's their problem.
全是他们的问题
Your answer isn't face the wall.
面对墙壁不可能找到答案
It's out there... where you've been working.
答案在你工作的地方
That Isaac Newton fellow was right.
看来牛顿的理论还挺正确的
-He was onto something. -Clever boy.
-他可真厉害 -聪明的家伙
Don't worry, that's mine.
别担心 是我的东西
I'll come and get it in a minute.
等会儿就去收拾
Incoming, gentlemen.
美女来了
Nash, you might want to stop shuffling
纳什 你最好
your papers for five seconds.
先休息几秒钟
I will not buy you gentlemen beer.
我不请你们喝啤酒
Oh, we're not here for beer, my friend.
我们不是来喝啤酒的
Does anyone else feel she should be moving in slow motion?
你们同不同意 她最好以慢镜头移动
Will she want a large wedding, you think?
她会要求一个盛大的婚礼吗?
Shall we say swords, gentlemen? Pistols at dawn?
要用剑决斗 还是在黄昏时用手枪决斗?
Have you remembered nothing?
你们怎么都忘了
Recall the lessons of Adam Smith,
还记得现代经济学之父
the father of modern economics.
亚当·史密斯的理论
individual ambition serves the common good."
个人的野心 往往会促进公共利益
-Exactly. -Every man for himself, gentlemen.
-没错 -每个人都为自己着想
And those who strike out are stuck with her friends.
被三阵出局的人 只能去约她的朋友
I'm not gonna strike out.
我绝不会被三阵的
You can lead a blonde to water,
你可以把美女带到水边
but you can't make her drink.
但你不能逼她喝水
I don't think he said that...
他好像没说过这句话
Nobody move... She's looking over here.
别动 她在看我们了
She's looking at Nash.
她在看纳什
Oh, God. He may have the upper hand now,
好吧 可能他现在占有优势
but wait until he opens his mouth.
但等他一开口 保证完蛋
Remember the last time?
还记得上次吗?
Oh, yes, that was one for the history books.
对 那一次可真鲜
Adam Smith needs revision.
亚当·史密斯 需要修订他的理论了
What are you talking about?
你在说些什么?
If we all go for the blonde...
如果我们全去追那个美人...
we block each other.
结果一定全军覆没
Not a single one of us is gonna get her.
谁也得不到她
So then we go for her friends,
然后我们去找她的女朋友
but they will all give us the cold shoulder
她们肯定会浇我们冷水
because nobody likes to be second choice.
因为没人愿意屈居第二
Well, what if no one goes for the blonde?
但是若没人去追那个金发美女
We don't get in each other's way,
那我们之间既互不侵犯
and we don't insult the other girls.
也没有羞辱到其他女孩
That's the only way we win.
只有这样大家才能赢
That's the only way we all get laid.
也只有这样才都有上床的机会
Adam Smith said
亚当·史密斯曾说过
the best result comes...
最好的结果...
from everyone in the group doing
是要能做到
what's best for himself, right?
分工和专业 对不对?
That's what he said, right?
那是他说的 对不对?
Incomplete. Incomplete, okay?
他的理论不完整
Because the best result will come...
因为最好的结果是...
from everyone in the group
团体中的每一个人
doing what's best for himself and the group.
都做对本身和团体最有利的事
Nash, if this is some way for you to get the blonde on your own,
你想拿这套歪理去独占美人
you can go to hell.
门儿都没有
Governing dynamics,gentlemen.
各位 这就是所谓的博弈论
Governing dynamics. Adam Smith...
博弈论 亚当·史密斯...
-Oh, here we go. -Careful, careful.
-又来啦 -小心点
"C" of "S" equals "C" of "T".
C(S)等于C(T)
You do realize this flies in the face
你知道这会推翻一百五十年来
of a 150 years of economic theory?
牢不可破的经济理论
That's rather presumptuous, don't you think?
你不觉得太放肆了吗?
with a breakthrough of this magnitude,
由于你做出如此重大的突破
I'm confident you will get any placement you like.
我相信你可以去 任何你想去的地方
they'll ask you to recommend two team members.
会请你介绍两位组员
Stills and Frank are excellent choices.
史提和法兰克应该很合适
Sol and Bender, sir.
我要阿苏和宾达
Sol and Bender are extraordinary mathematicians.
阿苏和宾达 都是非常优秀的数学家
Has it occurred to you that Sol and Bender
但你可曾想过
might have plans of their own?
他们俩可能另有打算
Baby! Wheeler, we made it!
我们终于能进惠勒研究室了
Cheers, cheers, cheers!
干杯 干
Okay, awkward moment, gentlemen.
各位 尴尬的时刻来了
-Congratulations, John. -Thanks.
-约翰 恭喜你了 -谢谢
-Toast! -To Wheeler Labs!
-干杯 -为惠勒研究室干杯
General, the analyst from Wheeler Lab is here.
将军 惠勒研究室的分析家到了
Dr. Nash, your coat?
纳什博士 你的外套
General, this is Wheeler team leader Dr. John Nash.
将军 这位就是惠勒研究室的领导人 约翰·纳什博士
Glad you could come, Doctor.
很高兴你能来
We've been intercepting radio transmissions from Moscow.
我们截获 由莫斯科发出的无线电报
The computer can't detect a pattern,
电脑无法查出它的模式
but I'm sure it's code.
但我认为绝对是密码
Why is that, General?
何以见得
Ever just know something, Dr. Nash?
就是有那种感觉 你会吗?
We've developed several ciphers.
我们研发了几个密码索引
If you'd like to review our preliminary data...
要不要看看我们的初步资料
Starkey Corners, Maine.
缅因州的斯达基角
Prairie Portage, Minnesota.
明尼苏达州的波吉特草原
These are latitudes and longitudes.
这些都是经纬线
There are a least 10 others.
至少还有十个
They appear to be routing orders across the border into the U.S.
这似乎是进入 美国边境的路线顺序
we need to move on this.
我们需要做更进一步的研究
Who's big brother?
那位老大是谁?
You've done your country a great service, son.
你为国家贡献良多
-Captain! -Yes, sir.
-上尉 -是的 长官
Accompany Dr. Nash.
替纳什博士带路
What are the Russians moving, general?
将军 俄国人有什么动向?
Captain Rogers will escort you
罗杰上尉会陪你
to the unrestricted area, Doctor.
到不受限区
Dr. Nash, follow me, please.
纳什博士 请跟我来
-Thank you, sir. -Home run at the Pentagon?
-谢谢你 先生 -在五角大楼打出全垒打了吗?
Have they actually taken the word "classified"
他们有没有把"机密"两个字
out of the dictionary?
从字典里删掉
Oh, hi. The air conditioning broke again.
嗨 冷气机又坏了
How am I supposed to be in here saving the world
我都快融化了
Our hearts go out to you.
约翰 我们真替你叫屈
You know, two trips to the Pentagon in four years.
四年中五角大楼两度叫我去
That's two more than we've had.
那你比我们多去了两次
It gets better, John.
好的还在后面
Just got our latest scintillating assignment.
我们才接到最新的伟大任务
You know, the Russians have the H-bomb,
你们知道苏俄已经制出氢弹
the Nazis are repatriating South America,
纳粹的魔爪已伸向南美
the Chinese have a standing army of 2.8 million,
中国有两百八十万的常备军
and I am doing stress tests on a dam.
而我却在替水坝做压力试验
You made the cover of Fortune... again.
但是你却二度上 "财富杂志"的封面
Please note the use of the word "you", not "we".
请注意你用了"你" 而不是"我们"
That was supposed to be just me.
应该只有我一个人才对
So not only do they rob me of the Fields medal,
如今他们不但剥夺我得奖的机会
now they put me on the cover of Fortune magazine
居然把我和这些小鼻子小眼的文人学者们
with these hacks, these scholars of trivia.
一起放在 "财富杂志" 的封面上
John, exactly what's the difference
约翰 天才和才气横溢
between genius and most genius?
到底有什么不同?
Anyway, you've got 10 minutes.
你只剩下十分钟了
I've always got 10 minutes.
我的时间多得是
Before your new class?
你现在得去上课了
Can I not get a note from a doctor or something?
能不能请医生开张病假单
You are a doctor, John, and no.
抱歉 这回可不行
Now, come on, you know the drill,
你知道这里的规定
we get these beautiful facilities,
学校既然给了我们这些设施
M.I.T. gets America's great minds of today
就要用当今美国最伟大的脑袋
teaching America's great minds of tomorrow.
去教未来伟大的脑袋做交换
Now, have a nice day at school.
好了 祝你在学校里过的愉快.
The bell's ringing.
上课铃要响了
The eager young minds of tomorrow.
未来饥渴稚嫩的脑袋
Can we leave one open, Professor?
教授 可以留一个窗户不要关吗?
It's really hot, sir.
实在太热了
Your comfort comes second
课堂的安静
to my ability to hear my own voice.
比你舒不舒服重要得多
I think this class will be a waste...
这堂课不但浪费
And what is infinitely worse...
糟糕的是 更浪费了...
here we are. So...
既然来了 那就说清楚
you may attend or not.
来不来上课 随你们的便
You may complete your assignments at your whim.
你可以喜欢了就完成你的作业
We have a little problem.
我们有点小小的问题
It's extremely hot in here with the windows closed
关上窗户 这里会很热
and extremely noisy with them open.
开着 却又太吵
So, I was wondering if there was any way you could,
我在想 能不能请你们
I don't know, maybe work someplace else for about 45 minutes?
先修别的地方 大约45分钟就行了
-Not a problem. -Thank you so much!
-没问题 -谢谢你们
-At a break! -Got it!
-休息一下 -好的
As you will find in multivariable calculus,
你们会发现
there is often...
在多变性的微积分中...
a number of solutions for any given problem.
往往一个难题会有多种解答
As I was saying, this problem here
黑板上的这个问题
will take some of you many months to solve.
有些人可能会解上好几个月
For others among you,
更有些人
it will take you the term of your natural lives.
可能要花上一辈子的时间
at your service.
在此听候你的吩咐
What can I do for the Department of Defense?
我能为国防部做些什么?
Are you going to to give me a raise?
你是来替我加薪的吗?
-Impressive work at the Pentagon. -Yes, it was.
-你在五角大楼的工作让人钦佩 -的确如此
Oppenheimer used to say,
原子弹之父常说
"Genius sees the answer before the question."
"天才 在问题发生前就已找到解答"
You knew Oppenheimer?
你认识奥本海默?
His project was under my supervision.
他的计划 就在我的监督之下进行的
It's not that simple, you know?
其实并不简单
Well, you ended the war.
可是你们仍然结束了战争
We incinerated 150,000 people in a heartbeat.
我们杀死十五万人
Great deeds come at great cost, Mr. Parcher.
要有牺牲才能完成伟业
Well, conviction, it turns out,
可是对旁观者而言
is a luxury of those on the sidelines, Mr. Nash.
却不应该随便去断罪
I'll try and keep that in mind.
我会试着去记住它
So, John, no family,
据我所知你没家人
I like to think it's because I'm a lone wolf.
我宁愿想成自己是个独行侠
But mainly it's because people don't like me.
但主要原因是人们不喜欢我
Well, there are certain endeavors
妙的是 由于你缺少人际关系
where your lack of personal connection
在这里
would be considered an advantage.
却成为你的一大长处
This is a secure area.
这里是管制区
Have you ever been here?
你曾来过这里吗?
We were told during our initial briefing
在刚来的时候
that these warehouses were abandoned.
他们说这是一栋废弃的仓库
That's not precisely accurate.
其实并不正确
By telling you what I'm about to tell you,
由于要告诉你以下的机密
I am increasing your security clearance
我特地把你参与机密的资格
Disclosure of secure information can result in imprisonment.
泄露机密资料会去坐牢的
Those are a good idea.
这东西倒挺好用的
This factory is in Berlin.
这家工厂位于柏林.
We seized it at the end of the war.
战后我们把它关闭了
Nazi engineers were attempting
纳粹工程师
to build a portable atomic bomb.
原打算制造轻型原子弹
The Soviets reached this facility before we did,
苏联在我们之前到这里
and we lost the damn thing.
拿去所有的资料
The routing orders at the Pentagon,
五角大楼的路线顺序
they were about this, weren't they?
是不是和这有关?
The Soviets aren't as unified as people believe.
苏联的内部并没有真正的统一
A faction of the Red Army calling itself Novaya Svobga,
赤军集团 称他们自己为"新自由"
"the New Freedom" has control of the bomb
他们已经控制住原子弹
and intends to detonate it on U.S. soil.
而且打算在美国本土上引爆
Their plan is to incur maximum civilian casualties.
他们计划造成 百姓们最大的伤害
Man is capable of as much atrocity
人类是非常
as he has imagination.
残酷的
New Freedom has sleeper agents here in the U.S.
新自由在美国派有间谍
McCarthy is an idiot,
麦卡锡议员是个白痴
but unfortunately that doesn't make him wrong.
但并不等于他的见解是错的
New Freedom communicates to its agents
新自由组织是通过报纸和杂志上的密码
through codes imbedded in newspapers and magazines,
和他们的间谍传递消息
and that's where you come in.
所以我们需要借助你的才能
what distinguishes you
你与别人最大的不同
is that you are,
在于你是一个...
the best natural code-breaker I have ever seen.
你是我所见过 最好的天生破码专家
What exactly is it that you would like me to do?
你到底要我干什么?
Commit this list of periodicals to memory.
记住上面所列的所有期刊
Scan each new issue,
仔细浏览每一期
find any hidden codes,
只要发现密码
Place your chin on the chin rest.
把下巴放在下巴台上
Stare into the light.
凝视灯光
Pulse 88, regular.
脉搏跳动88 正常
Okay, this may be a little uncomfortable.
这个会有点不舒服
That's got a little zap to it, doesn't it?
有点痛 对不对?
He just implanted a radium diode.
他植入一个镭两极真空管
Don't worry, it's safe.
别担心 很安全
The isotope decays predictably.
它会渐渐蜕变
As a result, these numbers change over time.
结果会使这些数字定期变换
They're the access codes to your drop spot.
那是你进入投信点的密码
So what am I now, a spy?
这么说我是个密探罗
Boy, you must be really important.
天呀 你一定很重要
It's all right, Mike.
迈克 没事了
What are you working on?
你在做什么?
Everyone waited half an hour.
我们已经等了半个钟头
You missed class today.
你今天没来上课
Oh. I suspect that...
我以为...
The problem that you left on the board...
你写在黑板上的问题...
You didn't even look.
你连看都没看
I never said that the Vector Fields were rational functions.
我并没有说向量场是有理函数
Your solution is elegant.
解答是一流的
Though on this particular occasion,
但是在这种特殊的情况下
ultimately incorrect.
答案却是错误的
if I can ask you to dinner.
能不能请你去吃晚餐
You do eat, don't you?
你总要吃饭吧?
Oh, on occasion, yeah.
偶尔会去
Table for one. Prometheus alone chained to the rock
都是一个人 像普罗米修斯被锁在巨石上
with the bird circling overhead, you know how it is.
只有一只鸟在他头上飞翔 真不是滋味
No, I expect that you wouldn't...
你当然...
If you leave your address with my office,
你把地址留在我的办公室里
I'll pick you up Friday at 8:00
我会在星期五晚上八点去接你
One more thing. Do you have a name,
还有件事 你有名字吗?
or should I just keep calling you "miss"?
还是要我继续叫你"小姐"
Governor, may I present...
州长 这位是...
Miss Alicia Larde.
艾丽西娅·劳德小姐
Professor, please. You and the governor.
教授 请你和州长合照一张
Wait, one second. I'm sorry.
请你等一下
I want a copy of this.
多洗一张给我
First big date and all, you know.
这是我们第一次约会
So, you boys need to look good.
所以你们一定得 看起来光鲜亮丽才行
Which is not a state you find yourselves in
如果你说想要自然 而不要装饰
altogether naturally.
那可不行
I'm surprising him.
我要他对我印象深刻
You just keep on surprising him.
继续努力
God must be a painter.
上帝一定是个画家
Why else would we have so many colors?
否则怎么会有这么多的颜色
So you're a painter?
那么你是个画家罗
That's not actually what I said,
我并没有这么说
Practice human interaction and social comportment.
我正在学习 人类互动和社交礼仪
Champagne would be lovely.
能请你替我拿杯香槟吗
I will get the champagne.
我这就去拿
Thank you for that.
谢谢你的手帕
I believe in deciding things will be good luck.
我相信在做决定的时候 它会带给你好运
No. I don't believe in luck.
我不相信运气
But I do believe in assigning value to things.
但却相信利益分配
I once tried to count them all.
我曾试着想数尽它们
I actually made it to 4,348.
甚至曾数到第4348颗
You are exceptionally odd.
你真的很古怪
I bet you're very popular with the girls.
我猜你一定很受女孩们的欢迎
A pair of odd ducks, then.
我们可算是一对怪胎
Pick a shape. An animal... anything.
随便选个形状 像动物之类的
-Do it again. -All right.
-再来一次嘛 -好的
What would you like?
你想看什么?
"包豪斯建筑的领导者" "过期的传单在家里最安全"
You don't talk much, do you?
你不太爱讲话?
I can't talk to you about my work, Alicia.
我不能和你谈公事
I don't mean work.
我不是指公事
I find that polishing my interactions
我发现利用改善互动
in order to make them sociable
去增加我的社交力
requires a tremendous effort.
是件非常困难的事
I have a tendency to expedite information flow...
我有一种倾向 就是喜欢以直接的方式
by being direct.
去迅速执行资讯的流程
I often don't get a pleasant result.
可惜结果经常很不愉快
I find you attractive.
我很喜欢你
Your aggressive moves towards me
而你对我这么主动
indicate that you feel the same way.
也证明你喜欢我
But still, ritual requires that
然而照规矩
we continue with a number of platonic activities
在我们发生性关系之前
before we have sex.
仍要来上一段柏拉图式的爱情
I am proceeding with those activities,
而我正在进行那种活动
but in point of actual fact,
然而就事实而言
all I really want to do
我只想
is have intercourse with you as soon as possible.
尽早和你上床而已
Are you gonna slap me now?
你是不是要掴我耳光了
How was that result?
这个结果如何?
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
I'm attempting to isolate patterned re-occurrences
我想在期刊中找出
within periodicals over time...
其中不断重复的模式来
You talk funny, Mr. Nash.
纳什先生 你讲话很奇怪
My uncle says you're very smart but not very nice,
我叔叔说你很聪明 但不友善
so I shouldn't pay no mind if you're mean to me.
所以你若对我凶 叫我不用太介意
And who might your uncle be?
你的叔叔是谁?
The prodigal roommate...
你的浪子室友
-Come here. -Charles, Charles, Charles.
-过来! -查尔斯!
got herself killed in a car crash.
死于一场车祸
Not too far now, Marcee!
玛西 别跑得太远
Her cowboy husband was too drunk
她那个酒鬼先生酒后驾车
to know that he was too drunk to drive.
因而发生了这场惨剧
So, I took her in.
现在由我来照顾她
She's young, John. That's how they come.
因为她还是个孩子嘛 孩子都是这样的
I'm at Harvard...
我在哈佛大学主持
doing the great author's workshop.
伟大作家研讨会
D.H. Bloody Lawrence.
例如情欲作家劳伦斯
I really do think you should buy yourself a new book.
你实在该去买本新书啦
Well, I've been reading a lot about you.
我一直很注意你的发展
How are you, John?
近来还好吧?
At first all my work here was trivial,
刚开始我的工作很平凡
but a new assignment came up and...
但现在有了新的进展
I can't really tell you any details.
可惜不能告诉你细节
Top secret? Black bag? Black ops?
像最高机密 黑袋子 黑色行动吗?
Something like that.
差不多啦
Well, I... I met a girl.
我遇见了一个女孩
No! A human girl?
是真正的女孩吗?
-Homo sapiens. -A biped?
-是活生生的人 -是两足动物吗?
Yup. And contrary to all probabilities,
更叫人不敢相信的是
she finds me attractive on a number of different levels.
她居然很喜欢我
God, that's wonderful.
那真是太棒了!
There's no accounting for taste, is there?
每个人的好恶标准都不一样
Should I marry her?
我该向她求婚吗?
I mean,everything's going well.
我现在过得还不错
The job is fine. I have enough money.
工作稳定 也存了点钱
It all seems to add up. But...
似乎已经万事具备 可是...
how do you know for sure?
怎么才能确定呢?
Nothing's ever for sure, John.
天下没有打包票的事
That's the only sure thing I do know.
这点我倒是非常确定
Alicia, please don't be angry.
艾丽西娅 你千万别生气
I just lost track of time at work...
我一忙就忘了时间
I didn't have time to wrap it.
我来不及包装
The refractive faces of the glass, you see,
玻璃的折射面
they create a full wavelength dispersal,
显示出强烈的波长扩散
so if you look inside it, you can see...
如果往里面看 你能看到...
Every possible color.
五彩缤纷的颜色
Every possible color.
对 五彩缤纷的颜色
Remember you said that time God must be a painter,
你曾说过上帝一定是个画家
because of all the colors? At the governor's house...
才会有这么多的颜色
I didn't think you were listening.
我以为你没听到
I'm always listening.
我一直在留心的听
Alicia, does our relationship warrant long-term commitment?
艾丽西娅 我们之间的关系 是否能保证长远的承诺呢?
Because I need some kind of proof,
我需要一点证明
some kind of verifiable, empirical data.
一些可以做为依据的资料
I'm sorry, just give me a moment...
你等等 给我一点时间
to redefine my girlish notions of romance.
让我重新考虑 我少女式的浪漫观念
A proof? Verifiable data.
一个证明? 能证实的事实
Well, how big is the universe?
告诉我宇宙有多大?
I know because all the data indicate it.
因为所有的资料是这么指示的
-But it hasn't been proven yet? -No.
-可是它被证实了吗? -没有
-You haven't seen it. -No.
-有人亲眼见到吗? -没有
How do you know for sure?
那你怎能确定呢?
I don't, I just believe it.
不知道 我只是相信
It's the same with love, I guess.
我想这和爱一样
Now, the part that you don't know...
其实你所不知道的部份
is if I want to marry you.
是我愿不愿意嫁给你
Smile for the camera!
对着相机笑一笑
Well done! Oh, sweet pea.
孩子 祝福你 小甜心
-I love you. -Congratulations.
-我爱你 -恭喜你
They're following us.
他们在跟踪我们
Who's... Who's following us?
谁在跟踪我们?
The drop's been compromised.
这个投信点已被放弃了
I ain't shooting anybody.
我绝不会开枪杀人
-Take the goddamn gun! -No!
-快把枪拿去 -不
You stay back. Don't move.
尽量向后靠 别动!
-S-Sol... -Yeah, I talked to Sol.
-阿苏... -我和他谈过
He said you left the office hours ago.
他说你离开办公室 有好几个钟头了
Why didn't you call me?
怎么不打个电话给我
John... Please, talk to me. Tell me what happened.
告诉我发生了什么事
John, open the door.
约翰 开门
Come on, open the door! Let me in!
别这样 快开门 让我进去
Watch for cars, kids.
孩子 小心车子
William. This is not what I signed on for.
威廉 这和我当初参加的本意不符
Every time a car backfires or a door slams...
每次车子一逆火 或关门...
I understand... better than you could possibly imagine.
我懂 也非常了解
You need to calm down, John.
你需要冷静下来
Now listen to me. We're closing in on the bomb,
我们就快找到原子弹了
in large part due to your work.
大部分是你的功劳
Now don't you think your fear is a small price to pay?
所以比较起来 你的恐惧根本算不了什么
William, my circumstance has changed.
可是我现在的情况改变了
Alicia's pregnant.
艾丽西娅已经怀孕了
I told you attachments were dangerous.
我曾告诉过你 有家累会增加危险性
You chose to marry the girl.
但你仍坚持要结婚生子
I did nothing to prevent it.
我根本阻止不了
The best way to ensure everybody's safety
为了确保大家的安全
is for you to continue your work.
你仍要继续你的工作
Well, I'll just quit.
那我干脆辞职不干
Because I keep the Russians from knowing you work for us.
因为苏俄并不知道 你在替我工作
You quit working for me,
你若辞职不干
I quit working for you.
我就不替你保密
Parcher! Parcher!
帕彻! 帕彻!
John, you all right?
约翰 你没事吧
Turn it off! Turn off the light!
关掉 把灯关掉
Why would you do that?
你为什么要那么做?
Why would you turn the light on?
为什么要开灯?
What is wrong with you?
你到底是怎么回事?
You have to go to your sister's.
你得去你姐姐家
I left the car out the back. You take Commonwealth.
车子停在后面 快去
No side streets, you stay where it's crowded
不要开小路 挑人多的地方走
John, I'm not going anywhere!
约翰 我哪儿也不去
When you get to your sister's, you wait for me to call you.
到你姐姐家后 就等我电话
Just get your things.
快把衣服收好
-I'm not leaving... -Stop! Stop it!
-我哪也不去 -别吵 你听我说!
I'll explain when I can.
将来我一定会解释清楚
Wow, someone needed a hug!
哇 似乎有人需要点温暖
I saw you on the slate and I thought to myself,
我看到你名字在演讲名单上 就想...
"How can I miss seeing a guest lecture
"绝不能错过
by the inimitable John Nash"?
约翰独一无二的演讲"
I got myself into something. I think I might need some help.
我淌进混水中 可能需要你的帮忙
Well, now you tell me, what is it?
告诉我是怎么回事?
So, we see that the... the zeroes,
所以我们若...
of the Reimann zeta function,
假设黎曼复变函数是零
correspond to singularities
那就相当于时空中的
singularities in space-time. Then...
时空中的奇异点 然后...
And conventional number theory...
还有不少常见的理论...
it breaks down in the face of relativistic exploration.
在相对论的探讨下失败
Sometimes our expectations are betrayed by the numbers.
有时候预期会被数字所出卖
Variables are impossible to assign any...
变数是不可能
rational value.
被指定任何有理性的数值
-Hold it! -Professor Nash?
-等等! -纳什教授
let's avoid a scene, shall we?
请别把事情闹大 好吗?
My name is Rosen,
我是罗森...
Dr. Rosen. I'm a psychiatrist.
罗森医生 是精神病专家
Forgive me if I don't seem persuaded.
抱歉 你一点也不像医生
I'd like you to come with me, John.
希望你能和我一起走
It appears I have no choice.
看来我没有选择的余地
Somebody! Help me!
快来人啊! 救命呀!
I know who you are! I know who you are!
我知道你是谁
No, no, no, no, don't.
别这样
Charles, they're Russians! Charles, they're Russians!
查尔斯 他们是俄国人
Call somebody! Call somebody, Charles!
查尔斯 去找人来帮我
-They're Russians! -Steady the leg.
-他们是俄国人 -稳住他的腿
Get away from me. Stay away from me!
走开 别过来
Everything's all right here.
这里没事了
Can you hear me?
你能听到我说话吗?
Thorazine takes a little while to wear off.
麻醉药等会儿才会消失
Sorry about the restraints.
抱歉把你铐起来
You've got one hell of a right hook.
你的右钩拳可真厉害
Macarthur Psychiatric Hospital.
麦克阿瑟精神病医院
I find that highly unlikely.
绝不可能
My work is non-military in application.
我的工作和军事无关
Which work is that, John?
哪种工作?
I don't know anything.
我什么也不知道
There's no good in keeping secrets, you know.
你真的没有必要守密
I didn't mean to get you involved in this.
我无意把你牵扯进来
The prodigal roommate revealed.
浪子室友的真面目终于揭穿了
"Saw my name on the lecture slate"?
说什么看到我的名字 在演讲名单上
You lying son of a bitch!
你这个大骗子
Who are you talking to? Tell me who you see.
你在和谁说话 你看到谁了?
How do you say, "Charles Herman" in Russian?
"查尔斯·赫曼"的俄文怎么说
How do you say it in Russian?
这个用俄文怎么说?
There's no one there, John. There's no one there.
约翰 这里没有别人
He's right there. He's right there.
他就在那里
Stop! I don't know anything!
停 我什么都不知道
Stop! I... I don't know anything!
什么都不知道
My name is John Nash.
我叫约翰·纳什
I'm being held against my will.
他们强迫拘留我
Somebody call the Department of Defense.
请和国防部联络
My name is John Nash.
我叫约翰·纳什
I'm being held against my will!
他们强迫拘留我
What's wrong with him?
他怎么会这样子呢?
John has schizophrenia.
他得了精神分裂症
People with this disorder are often paranoid.
得这种病的人通常都是偏执狂
But... But his work.
但他的工作
He deals with conspiracies, so...
他都在处理谋叛方面的事 所以...
In John's world, these behaviors are... accepted,
在约翰的世界里 这种行为是...
As such, his illness may have gone untreated
就他本身而言 从病发到被治疗的这段时间
far longer than is typical.
要比一般人长得多
What do you mean? How long?
到底有多长?
Possibly since graduate school?
可能在念研究所时就开始了
At least that's when his hallucinations seem to have begun.
至少他的幻觉是从那时开始的
What are you talking about? What hallucinations?
你在说什么 什么幻觉?
One, so far, that I am aware of.
到目前为止 有一个是我所确知的
An imaginary roommate named Charles Herman.
是一个虚构的室友叫查尔斯·赫曼
Charles isn't imaginary.
查尔斯并不是虚构的
He and John have been best friends since Princeton.
他们自普林斯顿起 就是最好的朋友
Have you ever met Charles? Has he ever come to dinner?
你见过查尔斯吗? 他曾到你们家吃过饭吗?
He's always in town for so little time, lecturing.
每次他来演讲 都很匆忙
Was he at your wedding?
他有参加你的婚礼吗?
Have you ever seen a picture of him,
你看过他的照片吗?
-talked to him on the telephone? -This is ridiculous.
-和他在电话上聊过吗? -这太荒谬了
I phoned Princeton.
我曾和普林斯顿大学联络过
According to their housing records,
根据宿舍记录
Now, which is more likely... that your husband,
让我们再仔细想想看 你先生...
a mathematician with no military training,
是一个数学家 没有一点军事训练
is a government spy fleeing the Russians...
居然变成政府对抗苏俄的间谍
You're making him sound crazy.
你说得他好像疯了一样
Or, that he has lost his grip on reality?
或许是他对现实失去了掌控
Now the only way I can help him
唯一能帮他的
is to show him the difference
是让他分辨出真假
between what's real
知道什么是真实
and what is in his mind.
什么是虚幻
What's he been working on?
他都在做些什么?
His work is classified.
那是机密
He mentioned a supervisor
他曾提到
by the name of William Parcher.
他的长官名叫威廉·帕彻
Maybe Mr. Parcher can clarify things for us.
也许帕彻先生能替他澄清
But I can't get to him without clearances.
但是没有许可我不能找他
You want me to help you get
你要我找出
the details of my husband's work?
我先生工作的细节?
John thinks I'm a Russian spy.
约翰认为我是苏俄间谍
Is that what you think?
难道你也同意?
-What did the doctor say? -Is he sick?
-医生怎么说? -他病了吗?
I want to see what John's been working on.
我要看看他都在做些什么工作
You know you can't go in his office.
你不能到他的办公室去
It's classified, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 你知道那都是机密
Why didn't you say something?
你们怎么不说呢?
Alicia, John's always been...
约翰他一直就...
He said he was doing code-breaking,
他说他在做破解密码的工作
that it was eyes-only.
而且是机密
-Top secret, part of the military effort. -Was he?
-是最高机密 部分的军事... -是真的吗?
Well, it was possible, you know?
有可能
Directives come down all the time
指令不断的下达
that some of us aren't cleared for.
许多机密我们没资格去接触
Lately, he'd become so much more agitated
最近他变得很惊慌
and then when you called...
然后你打电话来...
So, is this all he's been doing every day?
他每天只做这些吗?
Cutting out magazines?
剪剪杂志而已?
-I'm so sorry. -It's okay.
-对不起! -别放在心上
-I missed you. -I missed you.
-我想你 -我也想你
I have to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
Alicia, I've been thinking about it,
艾丽西娅 我一直在检讨自己
and I do realize that my behavior
我知道近来的所做所为
and my inability to discuss the situation with you
和不能与你讨论我工作这件事上
must have appeared insane.
表现得似乎有点疯狂
I left you with no other choice.
我让你别无选择
I do understand...
这点我非常了解
and I'm truly sorry.
也对你深感抱歉
Everything's gonna be all right.
所有的事都会水落石出的
Everything's gonna be all right.
会有水落石出的一天
We just have to talk quietly.
我们必须小声的说话
They may be listening. There may be microphones.
他们可能在偷听 也可能在这里装上窃听器
I'm gonna tell you everything now.
我现在要告诉你事情的真相
It's breaking with protocol
虽然会破坏当初的协议
but you need to know,
但你一定得知道
because you have to help me get out of here.
因为你必须帮我逃出这里
I've been doing top-secret work for the government.
我一直在替政府 做最高机密的工作
There's a threat that exists
有人恐吓
of catastrophic proportions.
将在美国制造一个大灾变
I think the Russians feel my profile is too high.
苏俄大概认为我的数据很重要
That's why they simply just don't do away with me.
所以才不杀我
They're keeping me here to try to stop me from doing my work.
只把我关在这里 不让我继续工作
You have to get to Wheeler.
你要到惠勒研究室去
You have to find William Parcher.
你必须找到威廉·帕彻
I went to Wheeler.
我去过惠勒研究室
There is no William Parcher.
那里并没有威廉·帕彻
Of course there is. I've been working for him.
有的 我一直在替他工作
Dropping packages in a secret mailbox
把文件放在秘密投信箱里
for the government to pick up?
让政府去拿吗?
How could you know that?
你怎么会知道?
-He thought it was harmless. -Sol followed me?
-他觉得没有害处 -阿苏跟踪我
They've never been opened.
它们全没被拆开过
There is no conspiracy, John.
根本就没有谋叛
There is no William Parcher.
也没有威廉·帕彻
It's in your mind.
这全是你的想像
Do you understand, baby?
宝贝 你懂吗?
Code red. Dr. Rosen, code red. Observation room two.
罗森医生 紧急情况 请到二号观察室
Dr. Rosen, code red. Observation room two.
罗森医生 紧急情况 请到二号观察室
The implant's gone.
被植入的东西不见了
You see, the nightmare of schizophrenia
精神分裂症最大的痛苦是
is not knowing what's true.
分不清是真还是假
if you had suddenly learned that the people and the places
你突然发现 那些人 事
and the moments most important to you
以及让你最珍惜的时刻
were not gone, not dead,
并没有消失 也没有死去
What kind of hell would that be?
你想那会多可怕
Administering insulin.
注射胰岛素
Five times a week for 10 weeks.
一星期五次 一共十个星期
John always spoke so fondly of being here at Princeton.
约翰对普林斯顿情有独钟
And Hansen is running the department now.
听说汉森是系主任了
So he keeps reminding us, and reminding us.
对呀 他还不断的提醒我们
John won't come near the campus, though.
可惜约翰不肯走进校门一步
I think he's ashamed.
我想他是觉得难为情
So, Alicia, how... how are you holding up?
你怎么样 还撑的住吗?
Well, the delusions have passed.
他的幻觉已经消失了
They're saying with the medication and low stress environment...
他们说服药 再加上没有压力的环境...
No, I... I mean, how are you?
不 我问的是你
I think often what I feel...
我常在想...
is obligation.
有时我觉得这是一种义务
Or guilt over wanting to leave.
有时为曾想离开他而感到内疚
Rage against John, against God and...
甚至有时会对约翰 和上帝感到愤怒
and I force myself to see the man that I married.
把他想成 我心目中的白马王子时
And he becomes that man.
渐渐的他就变了
He's transformed into someone that I love.
变成我所深爱的人
And I'm transformed into someone who loves him.
而我也变成深爱他的人
It's not all the time, but...
虽然不是时常发生
I think John is a very lucky man,Alicia.
约翰真是个幸运的男人
-This is us. -This is it?
-这就是我们的家 -在这里啊
-It's nice. -It's near where I work.
-很不错 -离我上班的地方很近
John? You've a visitor.
约翰 有人来看你啦
-Cigarette? -Ah, no, thanks.
-抽烟吗? -不抽
-Hello. -Hey, John.
-哈罗 -你好,约翰
-Have you met Harvey? -Harvey?
-你看到哈维了吗? -哈维?
-I... John, there's no... -Relax, it's okay.
-我...约翰 这里没有... -别紧张
There's no point in being nuts if you can't have a little fun.
疯子也能来点娱乐吧
You konw, I should have known.
真被你唬到了
I can take those later.
等下再吃行不行?
You're supposed to take them now.
现在是吃药的时间
Can I bring you something?
要喝点什么?
So, yeah. I... I was in town
我是来这里
giving a workshop.
主持一个研讨会
I go back tonight.
今晚就得回去
You know, Bender, he really wanted
宾达 他很想来
to stop by and you know, see you. You know, say hi.
想来看你和你打个招呼
I suppose I would be, too.
换成我也会一样
But alas, I'm stuck with me.
而我却被自己缠上了
I'm trying to solve the Reimann Hypothesis.
我正试着解决黎曼假设
I figured if... if I dazzle them,
我想若能有突破性的发现
they will have to reinstate me.
他们就必须让我复职
But it's difficult with the medication,
可惜那些药物 使我的工作很困难
because it's hard to...
很难看出...
You know, John, you should go easy.
你应该要放轻松
There are other things besides...
除了工作还有别的事
What are you thinking about?
你在想什么?
What do people do?
在想人们都做些什么
Activities available,
就是把活动力有效化
just add meaning.
而使它意味深长
You could try leaving the house.
你可以试着走出家门
You could try taking out the garbage.
也可以把垃圾桶拿出去
And there's some more... there's some more in...
那还有一些... 还有一些在...
Who... Who were you talking to?
你在和谁讲话?
Garbage men don't come at night.
晚上他们不来的
I guess around here they do.
也许他们来我们这一带
Is it the medication?
是因为服药的关系吗?
I don't know what to do.
天啊 我真不知道该怎么办
My mother's going to keep the baby a little longer tonight.
孩子会在我妈那里留久一点
I can get three hours of overtime.
这样我就能再加三小时的班
-Good night. -Good night.
-晚安 -晚安
It's good to see you, John.
很高兴能再看到你
Of course I am. Don't be ridiculous.
少无聊了 我当然是真的
I don't think that I would go that way, John.
我绝不会走那边
It's time for you to get back to work.
你该回来工作了
The bomb is in its final position
原子弹已在
Knowing your situation
我们知道
requires you keep a low profile, "Mohammed",
你现在要保持低姿态
we've brought the mountain to you.
所以我特地把设备搬到这里来
We've narrowed the bomb's location
我们把原子弹的可能地点
to somewhere on the eastern seaboard.
缩小到东部沿海
But we haven't been able to pinpoint its exact position.
可是一直找不出确实的地点
Their codes have grown increasingly complex.
他们的密码越来越复杂
Here, look at this, John.
你看看这个
Dr. Rosen said...
罗森医生说...
Rosen! That quack!
罗森是个笨蛋
"Schizophrenic break from reality," right?
"精神分裂症的人超越现实" 对不对?
Psychological bullshit! look at me, John.
这是心理医生的屁话 看着我 约翰
John, look at me.
约翰 你看着我
Do I look like I'm imagined?
我像幻觉吗?
Wheeler has no record of you.
惠勒研究室没你的资料
Do you think we list our personnel?
人事室怎会有我们的资料嘛
John, I'm sorry you had to go through all this.
对不起 让你经历这些不愉快的事
I've gone to a great deal of trouble to get you back.
其实我花了很大的功夫 才把你弄回来
I can restore your status at Wheeler.
我可以恢复 你在惠勒研究室的身份
I can let the world know what you did.
也会让世界知道你的贡献
But I need you now, soldier.
但我现在就需要你
I was so scared you weren't real.
我真害怕你不是真的
There's a storm coming.
暴风雨就要来了
I'm just going to grab the laundry, okay?
我去把衣服收进来
I'll draw his bath.
我替宝宝洗澡
I've almost got it! Charles, you just watch the baby.
我快弄好了 查尔斯 你去照顾孩子
-I've got one more to close! -No!
-再关一扇就好了 -不
I'll be right there.
我马上过去
Charles was watching him. He was okay.
查尔斯在照顾他 没事的
There is no one here.
这里根本没有人
-Charles was watching him. -There is no one here!
-查尔斯在看着他 -这里一个人也没有!
He's been injected with a cloaking serum.
他被注射了隐形血清
I can see him because of a chemical
我之所以能看到他
that was released into my bloodstream
是因为我的血液中含有
when my implant dissolved.
以前植入物溶解后的化学药品
I couldn't tell you, it was for your own protection!
为了保护你 才没告诉你
-No! -Hello, I need Dr. Rosen's office, please.
-不要 -喂 请替我接罗森医生办公室
You've got to stop her, John.
你得阻止她
You leave her out of this.
你别碰她
Who are you talking to?
你在和谁说话
It's not her fault.
这并不是她的错
She'll compromise us again.
她会再次危害到我们
You'll go back to the hospital.
你会再回到医院去
Countless people will die.
无数的人将会死亡
Alicia, please, put the phone down.
艾丽西娅 请把电话放下来
-I can't let that happen. -Yes, hello?
-我不能让它再度发生 -你好
Hi, I need Dr. Rosen. Is he in?
我找罗森医生 他在吗?
-You know what you have to do, Nash. -Get away from me.
-你知道该怎么做 -你离我远点
She's too great a risk.
她太危险了
I didn't mean to hurt you!
我不是故意伤害你的
Finish her. She knows too much now.
杀了她 她知道的太多了
You take care of her, you pathetic piece of shit,
杀了她 你这没用的人
or I'll take care of you.
否则我就杀了你
John, please do what he says.
约翰 你就照着他的话去做
She never gets old.
她一直没有长大
Marcee can't be real. She never gets old.
玛西不可能是真的 她一直没有长大
You see them now?
你看得到他们吗?
Why did you stop your meds?
为什么要停止服药?
Because I couldn't do my work.
因为我不能工作
I couldn't help with the baby.
不能帮忙照顾孩子
I couldn't respond to my wife.
不能回应我妻子的需要
You think that's better than being crazy?
你以为那比做疯子好吗?
We'll need to start you on a higher run
我们要你接受 更高的胰岛素震疗
of insulin shocks and a new medication.
并服用新药
There has to be another way.
一定还有别的办法
Schizophrenia is degenerative.
精神分裂症非常不稳定
Some days may be symptom-free,
有时像正常人一样
but over time, you are getting worse.
但拖的越久会越糟糕
It's a problem. That's all it is.
它最大的问题就是
It's a problem with no solution.
到现在为止 仍找不出解决的方法
And that's what I do, I solve problems.
我的专长就是解决问题
-That's what I do best. -This isn't math.
-这是我最擅长的 -这个不是数学
You can't come up with a formula
你无法发明出一种公式
to change the way you experience the world.
能改变你对世界的认知
All I have to do is apply my mind.
我只要运用我的智力
There's no theorem, no proof.
但没有定理 也没有证明
You can't reason your way out of this.
你无法用智力去解决
Why not? Why can't I?
为什么不行?
Because your mind is where the problem is in the first place.
因为你的头脑是问题的发源地
I can work it out. All I need is time.
只要给我时间 一定做得到
Is that the baby?
是孩子在叫吗?
The baby's at my mother's, John.
孩子在我妈妈那里
Without treatment, John,
如果不去治疗的话
the fantasies may take over...
你可能从此以后
You almost ready?
你快整理好了吗?
Rosen's waiting outside.
罗森在外面等你
I can't go back to that hospital.
我不能再回到医院去
I won't come home.
去了就回不来了
He said that if you said that,
他说如果你说的事发生的话
he has commitment papers for me to sign.
他有委托书要我签
Well, maybe you won't sign them.
你能不能不要签
Maybe you'll just give me some time.
只要多给我点时间
I will try to figure this out.
我一定会找出解决的方法
Rosen is right about one thing.
罗森有一点说对了
You shouldn't be here.
你不能留在这里
I'm not safe anymore.
我可能会伤害到你
Would you have hurt me, John?
你真会伤害我吗?
Maybe you should let Dr. Rosen drive you to your mother's.
最好叫罗森 把你送到你妈妈家去
Rosen said to call if you try and kill me or anything.
罗森说如果你想杀我的话 就马上打电话给他
You want to know what's real?
你想知道什么是真的吗?
Maybe the part...
说不定能让你...
that knows the waking from the dream,
从梦中清醒的东西
maybe it isn't here.
并不在脑里
that something extraordinary is possible.
非凡的事有可能会发生
I don't have that one. My savior complex
我的救主
takes on a completely different form.
和他的外形完全不一样
I heard what happened and well,
我都听说了 而且...
I... I wanted to write and I tried you at Macarthur's
本想和你联络 写信到麦克阿瑟医院去
but you'd left, and I just...
可是你已经离开了 而我...
This is Helinger's old office.
这是海林吉的旧办公室
Yeah, I stole it from him.
我从他那里偷来的
Seems that you won after all, Martin.
看来是你赢了
They were wrong, John. No one wins.
他们都错了 没有人赢
Please, please have a seat.
请坐
God, it's so good to see you.
真高兴能再见到你
What brings you back to Princeton?
你怎么会来普林斯顿?
John, I'm sorry, but you have to tell him.
你一定得告诉他
Tell him you're a genius. You're a genius, John!
告诉他你是个天才
Tell him your work is critical.
告诉他你的工作有决定性
Is there any chance that you could ignore what I just did?
你能不能把刚才的事 当做没发生过
Of course, what are old friends for?
没问题 咱们是老朋友了
Is that what we are, Martin? Friends?
我们真是朋友吗?
Of course. We always have been.
我们一直是朋友
Alicia and I think that...
艾丽西娅和我认为
that fitting in, being part of a community,
去适应团体生活
might do me some good.
可能对我有益
That a certain level of attachment,
最好到我所熟悉的环境去
familiar places, familiar people,
像是熟悉的地方 熟悉的人
might help me...
那样也许能帮我...
elbow out these...
把脑中的那些...
these certain delusions that I have.
幻想人物挤出去
It's a lot to ask, and now that I'm here,
我知道我要求的太多 但仍然来了
I'm quite certain that you will just say no.
也知道你不会答应
But I was wondering if I could hang around.
但能不能让我在这里随意逗留
Will you be needing an office?
你需要一间办公室吗?
No, I could just work out of the library.
不用 在图书馆里就行了
Well, this guy tries to wander into the library,
这家伙要进图书馆
but he doesn't have I.D.
可是他没有身份证
Why can't people read their memos, huh?
怎么没人看备忘录呢
Then he goes totally nuts.
然后他就整个疯了
Not real! You're not real.
你不是真的
There's no mission.
根本没有任务
Not real! You are not real!
不是真的! 你根本不存在
Is this what you are, soldier?
士兵 这就是你吗?
Some useless ghoul?
一个没用的疯子吗?
You're gonna end up in a cell!
你最后会被关到囚房中
Old, worthless, discarded.
又老 又没用而且被人摒弃
There's no mission.
根本没有任务
And while you rock and drool,
当你在这里发疯的时候
the world will burn to ashes!
敌人正把世界烧成灰烬
You are not real! You are not real!
你不是真的!
You're still talking to me, soldier.
那你怎么还和我对话
There's no mission! I'm not a soldier!
没有任务 我也不是士兵!
John, John! It's okay.
冷静下来 没事了
I just heard what happened, I'm sorry. John...
我刚刚才知道 对不起
Hey, you're all right.
好了 没事了
Ladies and gentlemen, the great John Nash!
各位 这就是伟大的约翰·纳什
You should've seen their faces.
你真该看看他们当时的表情
Everybody was just staring at me.
大家都盯着我看
John... you know that stress triggers the delusions.
你知道是因为压力 才会引起这些妄想
But then, on the way home,
后来在回家的路上
Charles was there.
我看到查尔斯
Sometimes, I really miss talking to him.
有时我还真想和他聊天
Maybe Rosen's right.
罗森可能没错
Maybe I have to think about going back into the hospital again.
也许我应该再回到医院去
Maybe try again tomorrow.
明天再试试看
John, now, you can't ignore me forever.
约翰 你不能永远忽视我
Charles, you've been a very good friend to me.
查尔斯 你一直是我的好朋友
But I won't talk to you again.
但是我不会再和你讲话了
Same goes for you, baby girl.
小女孩 你也一样
I was wondering if I might audit your course.
我能不能旁听你的课
It's... It's an honor, Professor Nash.
是我的荣幸 纳什教授
Is something wrong?
有什么不对吗?
This will be my first class.
这是我第一次上课
eager young minds.
饥渴稚嫩的脑袋
It's never gonna work, John.
约翰 这样做不会有用的
You're just humiliating yourself.
你只是在自取其辱
You are being pathetic.
你真让人讨厌
I'm ashamed of you.
我为你感到难为情
Are you coming? You're gonna be late.
你们快点呀 否则要迟到了
-Dad, you've got my book. -What?
-爸爸 你拿了我的书 -什么?
You've got my book.
你拿了我的书
Did you just solve Reimann?
你解决了有名的黎曼难题?
Well, what do you think?
你说呢?
That's an analog to Frobenius for noncommutative extensions.
那是由类比变成 弗罗宾尼斯的非交换性扩张体
But it only appears to work sporadically, so, no.
可惜偶尔才会成功
I believe I'm making progress.
我相信我已经有所进展
You're John Nash, right?
你是约翰·纳什吗?
-Toby Kelly. -Hello.
-我是托比·凯利 -你好
I've been studying your equilibrium.
我正在研究你的平衡论
The one you wrote here, at Princeton.
你在普林斯顿发表的理论
To come up with something totally original, the way you did...
真了不起 居然能想出这个原创理论
You know, I was young.
那时我还年轻
I've been developing a theory.
我发展出一套理论
I believe I can prove
我相信能证明
that Galois extensions are covering spaces.
伽罗瓦的扩张体理论 是包含了整个空间
That everything, everything is connected.
每件事物都有关联性
That it's all part of the same subject.
而且是同个主体的一部分
-When was the last time you ate? -Excuse me?
-你什么时候吃的饭? -什么?
My wife, she loves mayonnaise.
我太太最喜欢蛋黄酱
Oh, thank you. Thank you.
谢谢你
The function... is in the two categories.
函数是在两个范畴内
coming together at maximum speed of...
以最高速度结合...
let us say 10 miles per hour.
让我们假设一小时十英里的速度
So you have a fly on the tire of bicycle B,
在B脚踏车的轮胎上 有只苍蝇
and the fly, who can travel at 20 miles an hour,
它的速度是每小时二十英里
leaves the tire of bicycle B and it flies to
它离开B脚踏车的轮胎
the tire of bicycle A and backwards and forwards
飞向A脚踏车的轮胎 就这么来来回回不断的飞
and so on and so forth until the two bikes collide
直到两辆脚踏车相撞
and the poor little fly is squashed.
而可怜的苍蝇被压扁为止
This is the important thing about
也就说当你在某一个场地范围里
actually focusing in and comprehending
对其集中精力并全面领会
the area that you're dealing with.
是非常重要的
Mathematics is very specific, and it is an art form,
数学是非常精细的东西 它不像艺术品
no matter what these people around here will tell you,
不要管这周围的人怎么对你说
especially the people from biology.
尤其是那些学生物的
Don't listen to any of those people.
不要听任何人
Let me go back to what you were doing before.
让我继续看看 你们之前刚做的东西
I might want to steal this, write a book and get famous.
我说不定会把他们盗走 写本书 然后成名
I was thinking that I might teach.
我在想我该可以教书了
A classroom with 50 students
一班五十个学生
can be daunting for anyone.
任何人都会望而生畏的
John, besides, you're a terrible teacher.
约翰 再说了 你也不是个好老师
I'm an acquired taste, Martin.
有深度的人才懂得欣赏我 马丁
I was hoping there still might be something I could contribute.
我希望能有贡献的机会
Well, you know.
那个 其实你也知道
No, they're not gone.
不 他们仍在这里
And maybe they never will be.
也许永远不会消失
But I've gotten used to ignoring them
但是我已习惯不理会他们
and I think as a result they've kind of given up on me.
而他们也有点儿想放弃我
You think that's what it's like with
你以为我们的梦
all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin?
以及恶梦就是 这样的吗 马丁?
You've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive?
不停的饲养他们 让他们活者?
John, they... haunt you, though.
约翰 可是 他们 经常困扰你
They're my past, Martin. Everybody's haunted by their past.
他们是我的过去 其实每个人都被过去所缠绕
John, I'll talk to the department.
我会和学校谈的
Maybe in the spring.
也许春季就能开始
Mortified. Petrified.
惊呆了 窘呆了
Stupefied by you.
而且是目瞪口呆
Now you ought best ring Alicia,
你最好打电话给艾丽西娅
-or you're gonna get me... -I'll ring her.
-否则... -我会的
in an awful lot of trouble.
我的麻烦可大了
-Thanks, Professor. -Good-bye.
-谢谢你 教授 -再见
-Have a nice day. -Good-bye.
-有个愉快的一天 -再见
Papers in hand, Mr. Beyer.
拜尔先生 功课一定要做
-Can you see him? -Yeah.
-你看得到他吗? -看得到
-You sure? -Uh-huh.
-确定? -嗯哼
Positive? He's within your vision?
确实肯定? 他的确在你的视线中
Forgive me, I'm just always suspicious of new people.
请你别介意 对没见过的人我都有点戒心
-See you next week, Professor. -See you next week.
-教授 下礼拜见 -再见
So now that I know that you're real,
既然知道你是真的
who are you, and what can I do for you?
请问你是哪位 有什么事?
Professor, my name is Thomas King...
教授 我是托马斯·金...
and I'm here to tell you
我来这是为了 告诉你
that you're being considered for the Nobel prize.
你被考虑成为 诺贝尔奖的候选人
Forgive me, but I'm just a little stunned.
请原谅 我实在是太惊讶了
Over the past few years
在过去的几年中
your equilibrium has become a cornerstone of modern economics.
你的平衡理论 已成为现代经济的基石
-Suddenly everybody likes that one. -Yeah.
-怎么突然间每个人都爱上它 -是的
What about my work on other some such projects...
那我其它几个类似的 计划...
manifold embedding?
"符合嵌入" 怎么样?
The application of your bargaining problem
你的议价理论已经应用在
to F.C.C. bandwidth auctions or to antitrust cases...
联邦电信委员会的宽频拍卖 以及反托拉斯案件上...
-Antitrust cases? -Yes.
-反托拉斯案件? -不错
I never would have considered that.
这我倒没料到
Have I just reached
我是否只是刚刚跨过
some level of honesty that borders on stupidity?
紧挨着愚蠢的正直的边界?
No, no, you haven't.
一点也不会
Because I wouldn't have thought of that.
因为我是想不到那些的
Shall we have tea?
进来喝杯茶好吗?
Oh, I don't go in there. I usually just...
哦 我不进去那 我通常只是...
take my sandwich in the library.
带者我的三明治 去图书馆
Come on, John. Let's have some tea. It's a big day.
来吧 进去喝杯茶 今天是你的大日子
Most commercially available brands of tea
绝大多数市场上 有的品牌茶
are not suitable to my palate.
都不合我的品味
There are some northern Indian teas which are dense enough...
有一种北印度茶 足够浓...
I enjoy the flavor that they have...
我喜欢那种味道...
I have not been in this room for some many years.
我已经好多年没进来过了
I wonder what tea they serve.
不知道他们都有些什么茶
Well, thank you, young lady.
小姐 谢谢你
Things have certainly changed around here.
这里的变化真大
I have a son that age.
我儿子和她差不多大
I would have thought the nominations
我本以为 诺贝尔奖的提名者
for the Nobel prize would have been secret.
是秘密的 不会事先公开的
I would have thought you'd only find out if you won or lost.
只有在宣布的那一刻才知道
That is generally the case, yes.
一般来说是这样的
But these are special circumstances.
但是这次情况特殊
The awards are substantial.
这个奖很重要
They require private funding.
而且牵涉到奖金
the image of the Nobel is...
诺贝尔奖得主的形象...
I see. You came here to find out if I was crazy?
喔 原来你是来看我有没有疯
Find out if I would
看我会不会
screw everything up if I actually won?
真的得了奖后 把一切都搞杂?
Dance around the podium,
在主席台上跳舞
strip naked and squawk like a chicken, things of this nature?
还是学鸡叫之类的事
Something like that, yes.
差不多啦
Would I embarrass you?
我会不会让你困窘?
Yes, it is possible.
老实说是有可能
I take the newer medications,
虽然我在服新药
but I still see things that are not here.
但仍旧有幻觉
I just choose not to acknowledge them.
我仅仅选择去忽略他们
Like a diet of the mind,
就像节食的人
I choose not to indulge certain appetites.
不放纵自己的食欲一样
Like my appetite for patterns.
比如说我症状的食欲
Perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream.
还有我虚构和想像的食欲
It's good to have you here, John.
很高兴你能来这 约翰
It's an honor, sir.
这是个荣幸 先生
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你
A privilege, Professor.
我的光荣 教授
Nicely done, John.
约翰 干的好
That was certainly most unexpected.
这真是出乎我的意料
"诺贝尔奖颁奖典礼 1994年12月 瑞典斯德哥尔摩"
I've always believed in numbers.
我一直相信数字
In the equations and logics
不管是方程式或逻辑学
that lead to reason.
都引导我们去思考
But after a lifetime of such pursuits,
但经过终生的追求
I ask, what truly is logic?
我问自己 "逻辑到底是什么"
Who decides reason?
谁去决定原由?
My quest has taken me through the physical,
我的追求带领我穿过了物理
And I have made the most important discovery of my career.
在事业上我有了最重大的突破
The most important discovery of my life.
在生命中 我也找到了最重要的人
It is only in the mysterious equations of love
只有在这神秘的爱情方程式中
that any logical reasons can be found.
才能找到逻辑或原由来
I'm only here tonight because of you.
今晚我能站在这里 全是你的功劳
You are the reason I am.
你是我成功的因素
You are all my reasons.
也是唯一的因素
So nice to have met you.
很高兴能见到你
I'll call for the car, Dad.
爸爸 我去叫车好
-Are you ready to go now? -Oh, yes, I am.
-准备走了吗? -是呀
Yes, indeed, and yes, please.
早就准备好了
What is it? What's wrong?
怎么啦 有什么不对吗?
Come with me, young lady.
小姐 咱们走吧
I have a car outside.
车在外面
Are you interested in a ride?
要搭便车吗?
"全国劳工关系 甚至使 生物进化学有了重大的突破"